[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

intermittent fasting and muscle loss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
hey folks. just wondering if anyone had any success on IF without having to much muscle loss.
trying to cut and read that this was a good way to, and apparently its good for your body or some shit. im currently on a ketogenic diet and have cut about 20 lbs in 70 days before but it was not fun. then i get home and cant keep the same amount of cardio i do at work (im a merchant mariner) so i gain the 20 back. my old lady says i look fine but thats why i pay her so i cant take that seriously, just wondering if this is truely effective. also seems like the grocery list will be cheaper.
>>
>>42078038
All of the weight you lose while fasting is muscle, you've fallen for fits memes.
>>
File: fung.jpg (6KB, 250x245px) Image search: [Google]
fung.jpg
6KB, 250x245px
>>42078086

Wrong.
>>
wtf anon, no explanation?
>>
I cut 70 lbs. very fast doing IF. I did lose a lot of muscle but I didn't lift while I was doing it, just did cardio. When you stop fasting and eating regularly you do gain weight back fast. I took three days off from the gym and gained 5 lbs. I wasn't even eating a lot.
>>
>>42078038
IF alone doesn't make you lose weight. A calorie deficit does.
IF only helps gaining less fat (surplus) or speeding fat loss, making dieting easier (deficit).
Muscle loss is not a big deal if you work out and if you have a positive nitrogen balance (eating a lot of Protein)
>>
i am building muscle with extreme if, i eat for one hour each day right after working out, then fasting for 23 hours, it is perfect to built muscle without ganining fat! it is extremely healthy for your body as well, the food gets enough time to digest and is not pushed further down the system, when eating again after 4 hours. just remember how our ancestors ate, they were hunting or collecting food, then they ate it right away, everything, because no way to store it. eating everything one time also stretches the stomach and gives you a very good and long lasting feeling of satiety. and even for cutting it is great, you eat one time, and after that the body gets 23 hours rest, no more insulin peaks that will interfere with buring fat. PERFECT!
>>
that seems so crazy. one meal a day? i mean i was cutting calories but eating 6 to 7 times a day (splitting all my meals in half) and was dropping weight but my body couldnt hold the muscle. that doesnt make any sense
>>
>>42078038
>then i get home and cant keep the same amount of cardio i do at work (im a merchant mariner) so i gain the 20 back.

It's not because you didn't do cardio, it's because you ate too much.
>>
one meal = eating one hour the needed amount of calories and macros, at the end there are lots of ways and methods to achieve your goals, you just have to find the way that fits best for you. one other aspect is, it is really cheap, i spend about 160$/month on food now, before that, eating 3-5 times a day, i spent 350-400$/month and basically gained more fat than muscle, which i had to get rid of again. now i just gain muscle and save a lot of money!
>>
>>42078767
so basically your saying one pizza a day and ill be shredded and jacked? supreme pizza obviously, i need the veggies
>>
Martin Berkhan at leangains.com has all you need to know, OP
>>
I laugh at those who literally believe that if they don't have like five meals per day their muscles will melt away and they will become a fat skeleton. It shows how obsessed what such tryhards they are. On my experience just one week of intermittent fasting made me lose a noticeable amount of body fat, I could feel my muscles being more reactive and my skin way tighter. It also made my belly flatter, because it does wonders for your digestive apparatus, and since all the food really needs a lot more time to be processed (from ingestion to expulsion) than we usually think it does, and eating constantly makes the body retain part of it. You wouldn't believe the amount of rotting and fossilized stuff one has inside his guts until you saw it, it's fucking disgusting.

The main benefit of intermittent fasting is that you can plan more easily the meals, even if you're going to consume the same amount of calories you can plan to do it with better meals, more micronutrient rich and so, so it makes you overall healthier. There's also the thing about making the body rely in fats instead of glucose is more efficient or something like that, which is what the keto and paleo diets are based on. I don't remember the exact details but from experience once you get used to it after the first one or two days you can function just fine and even better.

And most important of all, ignore the faggots here that are overly aggressive and angry against it, you can't know if they've actually tried it or are just talking out their ass. Your personal research from reputed sources should always above the opinion of some anonymous faggot on the internet, you should only come here for first hand experiences from people who have actually tried it in order to confirm what is true or what isn't.
>>
>>42079763
Wow, you so are some kind of know-it-all neckbeard huh?

Go back to your anime and waifu and, most importantly, get the fuck off /fit/, you pseudo-intellectual piece of shit.
>>
I'm all for IF, but this thread is bizzaro-/fit/
>>
File: smugtrain.png (288KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
smugtrain.png
288KB, 420x420px
>>42080019
Butthurt kid, this isn't the board for you.

Try >>>/b/
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.