[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 47

File: 1473830697860.png (239KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473830697860.png
239KB, 800x600px
QTDDTOT
>>
>>41979518
What does /fit/ think about pilates? Been practicing it for two years to improve my running.
>>
File: IMG_0136.jpg (89KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0136.jpg
89KB, 610x343px
I have two questions.

Friend who is having far more success than me told me to try creatine. Should I try? Do I take alongside my protein supplement afterwards? How do I know how much to take?

and

I've currently got the basic of a new routine set up that works 2 muscle groups a day for 4 days. How do I figure out which exercises to use for each muscle group? I'm aware google is a thing, but how do I know which exercises will be best for my chosen muscle groups?
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (20KB, 486x648px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
20KB, 486x648px
does anyone have a bf estimate and/or guess how much more I'd need to cut to lose the tits/lower back fat? 6'0 160 coming down from 250

Could continuing lifting + calorie neutral fill me in?
>>
>>41979593
Take it right after you work out. 1 scoop every day (5g)
>>
File: IMG_0380.jpg (116KB, 768x364px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0380.jpg
116KB, 768x364px
>>41979518
How do I get stronger shoulders
I feel like I'm making no progress
>>
>>41979622
pull ups
>>
File: 1498162824795.jpg (33KB, 600x516px) Image search: [Google]
1498162824795.jpg
33KB, 600x516px
>>41979518
I'm asking this more in the sense of curiosity of wondering if other anons get this.

Does anybody else here have occasional skipped heartbeats when you lift or push hard during cardio? My cardiologist says I'm good to go, but this shit still freaks me out. Thinking about seeing a therapist about my fears surrounding it, but I don't know where I'd start.
>>
>>41979611
You already look pretty skinny, man.
>>
File: IMG_0316.jpg (176KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0316.jpg
176KB, 1280x960px
>>41979632
>tfw have to use chin up assist machine
>>
File: IMG_0653.png (61KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0653.png
61KB, 500x375px
>>41979615
my guy told me take a scoop every day regardless if you work out or not? thoughts on this?
>>
>>41979518
should i have a slight bent wrists when i overhead press?
>>
>>41979651
Not him, but you get better pretty fast. I remember at a job I worked, I decided I had to do pull ups on the roll cage of the forklift before getting in it to use it, and I went from like 3 shitty pull ups to 11 in about a month.
>>
>>41979646
thanks and the scale says I am too, but I still think I'm around 20% bf esp in the lower stomach. I fucked up losing weight and just didn't put the work in until ~2-3 weeks ago. I didn't realize how much muscle I was losing the whole time. Could've at least used whey and maybe I'd look like this at 170 instead

idk which direction to go in
>>
File: IMG_0363.jpg (191KB, 1084x1181px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0363.jpg
191KB, 1084x1181px
>>41979661
Thanks for the words of encouragement
>>
>>41979651
do pull ups not chin ups. What'd your height/weight? If you can't do pull ups alone I reallt can't imagine you've made much progress as a whole yet either
>>
>>41979669
I'm in a similar spot, where I'm fucking terrified to put on an ounce of fat because I already think I look gross most of the time, but I also need muscle added to me because I know I'm actually skinny in reality. Neither attempting to cut, and especially bulk, seem like options I want. And I think I'm probably in the high teens for body fat as well.

Feels like a weird purgatory, man.
>>
I have a pinched nerve (or atleast i think i have) in my lower right back.

What do i do?
>>
>>41979699
Chiropractor?
>>
File: 1498377252817.jpg (126KB, 604x516px) Image search: [Google]
1498377252817.jpg
126KB, 604x516px
what happens if i lift and eat at a slight caloric deficit but meet my protein goal (1g/lb)? 5'10 150 skinny fatish here
>>
I've been doing low weight high reps with the weights I have at home because I'm broke
But I've recently been made aware of sarcoplasmic versus myofibrillar hypertrophy
Obviously I can't shit out more money for access to more weights so I plan on doing what I have been doing regardless
So what can I ultimately expect? I'm adding a set of 10 every ~5 lifts but I'm not sure at which point you hit that "plateau" or if you ever even do as long as you keep adding volume
>>
Okay why the hell am I losing weight on a calorie surplus? I'm skele tier, 62kg right now and eating at 2500 calories a day.

Should I just ... Eat more? Also is fast food like KFC okay? It seems to be the easiest way to gain a shit ton of calories.
>>
>>41979689
at least I'm not alone. I'll probably just keep lifting, calorie neutral, lot of protein and see where it takes me after the summer

>>41979706
don't eat 1g/lb on days you don't lift IMO, and lift seriously on days you do. That's just me though, all that protein for your liver can't be great
>>
I impulse bought a pair of 1kg armband wearable weights from a sale. Anyway I can use this to improve strength? Is it too much just to wear it while going out?
>>
1) How to get over fear of going upside down while tricking. I power clean 155, DL 275, I have the height but I keep chickening out.

2) How to get a girl to have sex with me.
>>
Stupid question: does a set involve just doing the reps for a single exercise... or does it involve doing the reps for multiple exercises?

The jargon isn't making sense to me here.
>>
>>41979727
>I'll probably just keep lifting, calorie neutral, lot of protein and see where it takes me after the summer

I do this too, and my gains are nowhere close to what I feel like they should be. Especially because I keep tweaking my routine all the time. I'm starting to think higher reps vs low reps works better for my body for some reason: low reps is just hard and I feel no burn, and with higher reps I get both the burn and it's difficult.

Don't know if that logic is sound though, with all the advice here favoring towards always lifting heavy.
>>
Fatty here. Can I do SS and C25K on alternating days?

I'm starting strength training but I also want to improve cardio. I'm super out of shape, obviously.
>>
When doing dumbbell shrugs, I find it difficult to keep my shoulder blades squeezed together during the whole movement. Do I need to, or should I just not be hunched over forward and make sure I'm going straight up and down?
>>
>>41979828
To clarify, I've been trying to keep my shoulder blades together at the bottom of the motion as well as the top. I have no problem at the top of the motion
>>
>>41979752

3x10 bicep curls means youre doing THREE SETS of bicep curls. thats it
>>
>>41979709
you'll hit muscle fatigue before anything. Youll grow a bit but not as much as you could.
>>
>>41979720
how tall are you, also if you work out on that low a suplus you wont see much results. Most people eat 3000 calories on a bulk
>>
>>41979518
is starvation mode a myth?
>>
I'm an Italian manlet at 168 cm and 66 Kg, still extremely DYEL but noob gains are coming along fine even though I'm not the youngest (31).

My goal is to be strong and looking thicc. I'm following GZCLP at the moment and I work our at home, so I only have a flat bench, rack and barbell /plates. Planning to add dumbbells in a while.

2 questions: 1. should I keep powerlifting oriented programs or switch to something else?
2. Let's say I keep lifting 3 or times a week. What's a good sport/activity I can integrate without destroying my gains? I'm thinking bjj or mtb.
>>
>>41979874
So just to make sure I understand, 3x10 curls means:

- do 10 curls
-take a break
- do 10 more curls
- take a break
- do 10 more curls
-finished

And each time that I finish doing 10 curls, that means I've just completed a set of curls?
>>
>>41979893

I'm 5'9 or 174cm. I started off at 55kg and managed to gain 7kg, but somehow I can't gain anymore.. in fact I seem to be losing a bit of weight..
>>
>>41979886
Thanks.. that's more or less what I've read but I've been hoping it was all memes
What lb. (or kg) dumbbells does someone who's ottermode workout with?
And do they use the same weight of dumbbell for every dumbbell exercise?
>>
is it possible to MAINTAIN strength with 1 full body work out a week?

basically what i need to do is

bench
1x5-8
ohp
1x5
squat
1x5-8
deadlift
1x5

obviously my biggest worry is doing heavy deads and squats on the same day

but could this keep me from losing strength without burning out?

let me stress this: I DONT CARE ABOUT GAINS JUST KEEPING WHAT I HAVE

for context, im near the 1k lb club
>>
>>41979518
>chicken
>rice
>black coffee
>hot sauce
>nicotine

Am I missing anything in my post workout meal?
>>
File: pexels-photo-66463.jpg (4MB, 3957x2638px) Image search: [Google]
pexels-photo-66463.jpg
4MB, 3957x2638px
How do acquire slayer-like social skills.

I am a transcending skinnyfat and I want to complete the circle and amaze people into getting what I want.
>>
So, does SS really helps to get rid of Auschwitz mode?
>>
>>41979938

Yes
>>
File: burning-cigarette-smoke.jpg (42KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
burning-cigarette-smoke.jpg
42KB, 1200x800px
Does this affect to gain muscles? I read on some site the muscles doesnt get oxygened at full
Sorry if this a very repeated question but im newfig
>>
>>41980012

No, eating does.
>>
>>41980024
It increases test. Legit.
>>
>>41980001
Best you can hope for is to embrace the strong silent type and make some chad friends that'll throw you some girls

You weren't positively reinforced growing up and now you'll always have that doubt
>>
Question 1: I've been eating 1500 calories/day on average, and doing light cardio (45 minutes of HIIT.) I recently did a full body workout with a personal trainer and am sore as hell and ate about 2500 calories today. I know there's a conflict between cutting and bulking, but I am legit working out for the first time in my entire 26 year life. Wat do?

Question 2: When I am absolutely exhausted, everything aching, should I be pushing myself to work out 6 days a week, or getting time to rest? How do you know where to draw the line? I feel like going to the gym incredibly sore is setting myself up to fail and become discouraged.
>>
File: DCjmRuNXsAURLBq.jpg (55KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
DCjmRuNXsAURLBq.jpg
55KB, 1024x683px
Will TB500 (peptide) help heal years of tendon damage caused by being on Levoquin (antibiotic; 7x in 3 years)?

My rotator cuff is less fucked then it was last year - its giving me shit again when I start trying to reach new peak. Now my calves and forearm tedons are starting to give way. I can't even trot jog, this won't heal since March. At least I don't have to deal with plantars fasciitis anymore.
>>
>>41979638
I'm no doctor, but that sounds an awful lot like what killed my cousin at the tender age of 19
I'd get a second opinion
>>
>>41980024

Literally fucking up your lungs for no reason. I know how good it feels(smoked half a pack a day for 10 years) but it WILL catch up with you eventually. I felt so bad lung-wise all the time due to cigarettes before quitting, like borderline emphysema type shit, i never wanna go back.

If you quit you make both oxygen gains and wallet gains.

please consider quitting for your own health
>>
>>41980055
Working out 6 days a week as a beginner is not something you should do. Limit yourself to three days a week and if you don't feel sore, make a decision if you should add a fourth day or not.
>>
>>41980039
i think i was positively reinforced but toward the wrong end. instead of being autonomous, i just ended up becoming a people pleaser.

is there just no way to leave this?
>>
>>41980055
>should I be pushing myself to work out 6 days a week, or getting time to rest? How do you know where to draw the line?

Well, rest is an absolute necessity, so it's often better be safe than sorry. However, you can easily get through doms by warming up and frequency (e.g. workouts per week) is something that can be improved, too.

I guess I'd draw the line at stalling results or everyday fatigue / feeling poorly. 6 sounds too much for a beginner.
>>
am I retarded or is progress really just this slow?

I'm eating around 3500 calories every day and i can't tell if im getting stronger, if i am it is very slow and im not sure why

example: i have been consistently eating this much for a month or so now after a failed cut, and my squat has gone up maybe 10lbs. i have gained ~2 pounds in that time.
>>
>>41980139

Remember that there are people that are actually struggling to get any progress. If you can keep that rate up, you'll have good results in six months. Can't really tell how "normal" that is with absolutely no information about you.
>>
>>41980114
I'm ~8 years into doing what everyone on this website has read that they should do and have only ever seen mediocre results
>>
If I can't drink cow milk because of lactose intolerance, can I drink soy milk instead??
>>
>>41980196
damn bro, have you seen success elsewhere?
>>
Current 1rm in lb (OHP/BP/Sq/Dl)
135/190/250/300
I'm around 165lb but I should be closer to 150, planning to cut soon

Currently running 5/3/1 and while it's enjoyable, I know I could progress faster on something else. I tried TM for a while but not being able to recover fast enough and the awful deadlift progression made me switch.

Is there a strength program out there that would be more suitable? Weekly progression, ~4 times a week that doesn't pack 3 heavy lifts into each day?
>>
>>41980139
Welcome to being natty.
>>
I'm fine with eating clean and "boring" but my girlfriend always requests different meals. I'm the one who cooks, and I enjoy making and prepping my own meals, but she always wants something else and it always irritates the fuck out of me.

What do I do?
>>
>>41980139
How much weight have you gained, in what time span
What is your current squat max
Adding 10lb to a 135lb squat is much different than adding 10lb to a 600lb squat
>>
>>41980060
http://www.hrsonline.org/Patient-Resources/Symptoms-Diagnosis/Skipped-Beats
>>
My testosterone bloodwork came up and it says that i have 2.40 ng /mL is that okay or bad? I am 21
>>
>>41979518

Pretty lean but have fat stored around my hips, 6'3

I try bulking but it doesn't really help given the tire, should I cut before I start a clean bulk? I have to be wearing a suit for a special occasion in a few months and having my good frame with fat waist sort of makes it difficult to look good
>>
>>41979985
bump
>>
So im skinny fat (skelly arms and big gut). Right now im cutting so i can lose the extra belly fat before i bulk. But when i start bulking, how do i make sure that my body's fat distribution doesnt end up the same way? I'd like to put some bulk on my arms, but all my fat seems to go directly to my gut
>>
>>41979615
>>41979656
Curious for answer on this. Also, I've been doing 10g/day, am I fucking up?
>>
>>41980521
youre at risk of getting kidney stones, reduce your intake to 5g/day
>>
>>41980537
Ok, should I do it post or pre work out (or does it not matter?)
>>
>>41980552
Haha im a big dumb it was answered here >>41979615 nevermind
>>
>>41979518
If you workout in the morning, do you use your cleanser before or after the workout?
Do you guys cleanse during your after-workout shower?
>>
>>41980647
>Do you guys cleanse during your after-workout shower?
why wouldnt you do this
>>
File: KLB3vBK.gif (2MB, 176x172px) Image search: [Google]
KLB3vBK.gif
2MB, 176x172px
Why is it that my lower back stings when i do crunches/situps? What am i doing wrong?
>>
>>41980700
Is it ok to cleanse thrice a day?
>>
>>41979518
I'm still noob(2+ months lifting). How much will huge drops in caloric intake on rest days affect my progress?

I'm currently eating at maintenance 3 days a week when I lift(GSLP), then severely cutting calories, and almost all carbs on rest days(30g carbs, 50% TDEE). I would like to try a one day fast on Sunday of my AxBxCxx routine.

I've been doing this(minus the Sunday fast) for about 10 days and my lifts are still going up, but I don't want to completely sacrifice gains for the sake of a faster cut
>>
>>41979518
What is the best way to remove fat from my stomach/gut area?

Ideal weights workout for beginners? Looking to work on all areas (abs, biceps, triceps, legs etc)
>>
Do ab vacumns work? or are they a meme?
>>
>>41980719
no you need the natural oils and if you wash too many times your just wipe off something thats designed to protect your skin. but your second question of your other post just makes the first one retarded. why would you cleanse before the work out then get fucking sweaty and cleanse again. nigga would take a full shower before a work out? its the same thing
>>
>>41980719
>>41980773
oh twice would be okay as long as its first thing in morning and right before bed. three is overkill
>>
>>41980779
So I just delay my morning shower, then?
-wake up
-eat breakfast
-go to gym
-shower
Does this look good?
>>
>>41980860
yeah if you really need too, just wash your balls, pits, and bum bum really fast at the start of the day. could probably skip the pits too. then full shower after gym
>>
My miserly ass bought some cheap spring collars and they're too fucking small, is there anything at all I can do to fix this?
>>
EU bros where do you order your fish oil? Sure I could buy it from local superstore but that stuff has shitty EPA/DHA balance and I'm looking for that high EPA quality stuff.
>>
Just started working out. I never really ate awful, my body fat is 20% and I'm cutting out all the excess sugars and so forth. Only thing I'm missing is coffee.

Is coffee all that bad? I normally had a single cup with breakfast everyday. It was a nice way to start my day on my porch. Never loaded it with sugar, but I always added cream. And I never went to starbucks and got those 900+cal things.

First week without it was miserable, but this entire week I haven't needed a single cup to stay awake or wake up. But I am craving it every morning. Since five am today all I've been thinking about was coffee.

Is coffee just okay for cheat days? Is there some sort of coffee that okay for daily consumption? Or do I just need to cut this shit out?
>>
How beneficial is swimming laps every day?
>>
>>41979518
Guys I want to bail coke and fast food but I am scared I won't fill nutritional values and calories to build muscles. I only care to maintain weight. I am doing this because my wallet is thin and I need to save. I weight 252 lbs now. It is possible to feed myself enough to not drop weight without calories bombs?
>>
What can i do to help my ohp?
Also are straps eventually required for deadlifts? Couldnt finish my last set as the bar keeps slippong from my hands.
>>
>>41979518

Used to be 115 kg obese at 178 cm, down to 71 kg of skinnyfat

Sometimes I get small manboobs only for them to "retreat" and my chest returns to flat. Why does this happen?

While I'm at it, why does my face look more full and puffy only for it to be more defined a while later? Like the moobs it happens a few times during the day
>>
>>41982256
It's an amazing way to do cardio that doesn't put stress on your joints.
Swimming laps every day is beneficial if you're trying to lose wight or just want to increase those cardio gains.
>>
>>41982384
You lift weights with cutting or you just cut?
>>
Body weight is 135. I can do 4 reps of dips with 20 pounds added, but can't even bench 135 for 1 rep. What's the science behind this?

>>41980012
Kek
>>
31 years old here

haven't done anything /fit/ related in the last 2 years. I want to do strength training and HIIT work. Honestly I would be fine with just steady progress in both areas.

Would I be fine doing HIIT sprinting on my off days? Or am I going to stress my body too much?

I ran yesterday and couldn't believe how out of shape I was.
>>
>>41983620
forgot to add I want to do some serious stretching to fix an anterior pelvic tilt + rounded shoulders
>>
File: plateau-in-arizona-desert[1].jpg (151KB, 1000x620px) Image search: [Google]
plateau-in-arizona-desert[1].jpg
151KB, 1000x620px
Why/what do do about early plateauing, /fit/?
I'm 5'7 ~138lbs
>inb4 manlet
I've been doing SS since january but my squat has been stuck at 185 LBS (not kg) for over a month.
My OHP has been stuck around 85lbs as well.
Other lifts similarly stalled or slow progress, the only one that I've seen decent improvement on is pullups.
Possibly related note: nothing I do seems to really change my weight. I was on a cut for 2 or 3 months and lost maybe 3 lbs (~18%bf) and started eating more after that but had no real change in weight.
What do, /fit/? Should I start trying to eat a fuckton more than I already am? Should I switch to an intermediate routine even though my lifts are still novice tier? Should I just kms?
>>
File: 1496513416905.jpg (1MB, 4044x2509px) Image search: [Google]
1496513416905.jpg
1MB, 4044x2509px
how does one tighten their glutes during squats? i can brace my core and my back and everything but I cant seem to hold my cheeks together
>>
>>41983770

Get off SS maybe? And start lifting for real and not doing a stupid meme.
>>
>>41983810
B-but the sticky said...

Should I do an intermediate routine or switch to another LP?
>>
I started running about three months ago and I'm taking my practice time a bit seriously, and I'm already being able to run those 5K runs. Should I get a heart rate monitor?
>>
>>41983770
http://startingstrength.com/article/the_first_three_questions
>>
>>41979622
Seated DB press as accessory, OHP as main movement. And rear delts are probably the most neglected part of all.
>>
>>41983620

>Would I be fine doing HIIT sprinting on my off days? Or am I going to stress my body too much?

Hard to say. Depends on how much you work your legs and core. I'd say give it a try.

>rounded shoulders
Aren't fixed by stretching. It's most likely muscle imbalance. I recommend wide, horizontal rows.
>>
>>41983916
thank you for that tip, I will look into that
>>
File: 8.png (2KB, 281x302px) Image search: [Google]
8.png
2KB, 281x302px
Why is it called "8" when it only takes 7 lines to make an 8?
>>
>>41983889
If you need to keep track of your heart rate then yes. Otherwise it's unnecessary.
>>
>>41983903
So I should rest longer and eat twice as much? Ok.
>>
>>41983936
Because each sqaure = 5 but since the middle line is used twice 10 -2 - 8
>>
>>41983889
I don't know why you would need a HR monitor.
>>
File: 1sC7HDL.png (185KB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
1sC7HDL.png
185KB, 2550x3300px
Does anyone do molding mobility? If so, how long will it take until all the creaks of bodily disuse go away? I just recently started doing molding mobility but started seeing results of starting stretching after just 2-3 weeks.

Also, should you do both the warmup and joint parts of MM or is it enough to just do the joint parts? I currently only do the joint parts (as in the image) when I wake up.
>>
Any successful skinnyfat transformations? I'm 135 lbs at 5'10" probably around 18% bodyfat and puffy nipples. Has anyone dealt with a similar situation? I'm ready to die.
>>
>>41984003
Anon please spoiler your crazy indonesian porn.
>>
>>41979518
How do anons who lift during work hours deal with their towel? I lift on my lunch break, and shower at the gym, but you can't rent lockers. How do you avoid that mildew when you have to keep your towel in your car or gym bag
>>
>>41984049
I've asked this question on like five of these threads and the first answer I get is this :(
>>
File: b43DJ.jpg (44KB, 450x927px) Image search: [Google]
b43DJ.jpg
44KB, 450x927px
LADS

is fat loss simply - calculate my TDEE and eat 500 cals less daily whilst exercising?

30 mins cardio daily + bro split 5 days a week

(5"11
30 y/o male
215 pounds)
>>
>>41980746
Unfortunately you can't spot target fat so to lose the gut you just have to lose weight. The best way to lose weight is dieting which you can read up on in the sticky.
>>
>>41984293
Yes. Try to avoid sugar too
>>
>>41983595
Dips will always be easier than bench, it's just the way the muscle fibers in the pectoral muscles are aligned.
>>
What the fuck am I supposed to eat on keto diet? Am I supposed to stuff myself with eggs, cheese and avacados? Also the recipes are bullshit, 99% of them require coconut/almond flour
>>
>>41979720
If you're losing weight then your not in a surplus you fucking retard
>>
>>41979863
You're an idiot. You need to fully stretch the traps at the bottom
>>
Does lifting gives you more confidence in your social encounters? It possible to become more sociable and open to people as a side effect of training?

I feel so disconnected to people, and am unable to form bonds with people, please tell me the lifestylechange that results from fitness can be a cure for that
>>
>>41984135
>he doesn't wear his towel as a cape when he's lifting

Not gonna make it.
>>
>>41979518
Should i invest in some powerlifting shoes, although im a beginner still, or wait til later when i start doing heavier squats
>>
>>41984448
Lifting doesn't cure autism or autism like character faults.
>>
File: v62t6tabcq3z.jpg (29KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
v62t6tabcq3z.jpg
29KB, 640x519px
Does green tea really help burn body fat?
>>
>>41982224
Coffee has 5 calories you autist,'just drink it if you want it
>>
>>41984492
I don't have autism, just depression and social anxiety.

If it won't help my outlook to people I won't even bother start lifting
>>
>>41984514
Even if it made people think better of you once they talked to you they'd still realize you're a fucking loser.
>>
>>41984495
Yes. It increases your metabolism, but not by a whole lot, and isnt a signifcant amount to the point where you can just drink it and lose pounds.
>>
>>41980497
anyone?
>>
File: 1484948879254.jpg (67KB, 999x990px) Image search: [Google]
1484948879254.jpg
67KB, 999x990px
>>41984514
>>41984448
Lifting improves every aspect of your life. It will make you healthier, happier, stronger, you will have more energy, not to mention that you will look better and by going consistently you develop discipline. As a result you will like yourself more and gain more confidence.

Also do cardio at least once a week as well as molding mobility every morning and starting stretching after working out.

Remember that you will get out of life what effort you put in, and fitness is a great investment of your time
>>
>>41979578
I've never seen a man do pilates
>>
Total beginner mostly clueless skellington here. Critique my plan?

Getting a gym membership this weekend. Have been doing calisthenics this week just to get more comfortable.

Shopping list (can't drink reg milk):
Eggs, peanut butter, whole grain bread, tuna, pork chops, rice, oatmeal, almonds, almond milk, whey, chicken salad, cheese, spinach, greenbeans, couscous, OJ

Routine:
http://www.building-muscle101.com/dumbbell_workout_beginner.html
>>
File: fund-arch2.jpg (38KB, 450x437px) Image search: [Google]
fund-arch2.jpg
38KB, 450x437px
why the fuck does every girl who's ever benched over 120 use this atrocious fucking form?
>>
How important is sleep and lifting? Only been getting 5-6 hrs a night
>>
>>41980497
I may not be correct, but you just need to stop eating food full with sugar and you need to start lifting. When you're bulking, you can't "send" the calories to one place, calories are sort energy, and you are using that energy to build the muscle in your arms. When the energy isn't being used, it is being reserved, basically being turned into fat.
>>
>>41984939
Well the muscle grows bigger, because when lifting, you are ripping the small tissue or something in your muscle. In sleep that tissue grows back together, resulting in bigger musles
>>
What's the bwst legal way to increase test.
Bonus if it's safe for the human body (not required tho.)
>>
>>41984845
I plan to do a beginner routine like SS with swimming mixed in.

Does that sound good? I'm skinnyfat
>>
>>41984995
Also, does cardio on rest days really kills gains?
>>
>>41984939
It is extremely important.
>>
>>41979704
>non-doctor literal wizard science that uses laser therapy, chakras, and will give you a stroke by age 50
nah... see a physical therapist for back problems. chiropractors are scammers.
>>
Is 23 too late to make it?
I've been an on and off lifter since i was 18, and at one point got to 215lbs relatively lean, normies called me jacked. But now I'm just average/top of novice level.
I just need some direction, men peak around 25 right?
>>
File: 20170630_195025.jpg (56KB, 400x710px) Image search: [Google]
20170630_195025.jpg
56KB, 400x710px
Am I skinnyfat or just skinny?

5'6 @ ~140lbs
>>
>>41985007
If i have a 5 hr sleep at a normal time then a few naps throughout the day is that basically the same?
>>
>>41984455
I mean after the gym anon
>not wearing my cape to work
>probably never making it
>>
>>41984995
Sounds good. Personally I would recommend SL5x5 more than SS but they're both great.

>>41985006
Cardio on rest day is great, that's what I do. It's really a meme that it kills gains but you should remember to eat more.
>>
>>41985025
You're not too late to make it anon, I believe in u
>>
>>41985039
Skinnyfat.
>>
>>41985039

It's simple. If it jiggles, it's fat.
>>
>>41985039
nigga u aint skinny at 5'6 140bs, not excessively fat either mb slightly skinnyfat
>>
>>41985064
Is there a good intermediate program 3 days a week? It's hard to fit my old 5-6 day PPL routine in with all my life responsibilities and the hazards of city life.
>>
>>41985045
No, you don't get any REM sleep.
>>
>>41985081
I don't know any, sorry, but there is a routine thread and maybe there is something in the sticky, maybe you could try checking them out
>>
What the hell does "just" mean? I keep seeing this one word post and can't deduce from context what it's supposed to mean
>>
>>41985167
google brendan fraser alimony
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>41985167
It is a truncated version of "just fuck my shit up" indicating someone who has been bent over and dicked hard by circumstance, often of their own making, and has simply ceased to give a fuck and function properly.
Presumably a memetic mutation along the lines of people posting
>POO
>IN
>LOO
across several posts, and it just became stand alone
>>
File: chin up bars.jpg (1MB, 5825x1701px) Image search: [Google]
chin up bars.jpg
1MB, 5825x1701px
my gym only has these two as chin up bars

what would I be better off using? I've been using left because it's neutral grip but it feels a little too wide for me
>>
I want to do front squats, but my wrist mobility is dogshit and I hate the bodybuilder version because I feel like the bar is uneven. How do I increase my wrist mobility? Or maybe there is some workaround for wristlets like me?
>>
>>41985521
>do it more
>stretch
Woah that was complex
>>
So I lost my virginity at the ripe age of 22 (may is my bday) and the foreskin on the tip of my dick is red and it gets irritated, did I catch an STD?
>>
>>41985521
wrist wraps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzVCqLyGVd0&t=77s
>>
File: DTS_clip_image002_0005.jpg (7KB, 267x251px) Image search: [Google]
DTS_clip_image002_0005.jpg
7KB, 267x251px
>>41980702
You have tight hip flexors
Hip flexors attach to your vertebrae, and if they are tight it can create unnecessary pressure for your lowerback.

So stretch pic related
>>
>>41985069
>>41985074
>>41985076

Yeah I feared that was the case. I was 130 when I started and gained 10lbs in 4 weeks. What's the best course of action? Do cardio and eat at a deficit until I lose the fat?
>>
can changing to a proper, balanced diet plus cutting lead to increased testosterone? I've been much more confident in myself since I fixed what I eat.
>>
>>41979518

Anyone else start lifting with super low numbers? I'm squatting 99lb after 2 months.
>>
>>41986198
This is actually a bad stretch for your hip flexors. To properly stretch them you should lay on your bed with your butt right on the edge and hold one knee to your chest while the other dangles out over the edge of the bed. Switch sides every 30s
>>
I want to work a bit on my shoulders, chest and glutes but I don't have access to gym right now. Any /fit/ recommended calisthenic exercises or general advice?
>>
>>41986709
Push up, pull up, handstand pushups if you can. Lunges and bw squats
>>
>>41985945
That's supposed to be the equivalent of tearing your hymen if you are a woman. Don't worry, just abstain from sex for one or two days and it will be fine.
>>
I finally have the weight I desired; what now? How do I adjust my calories intake without screwing up for maintenance if I used to ate 1500 kcal? What if I start SS or SL?
>>
>>41985945
>foreskin
lol
>>
File: 1497323118252.png (40KB, 414x131px) Image search: [Google]
1497323118252.png
40KB, 414x131px
These threads suck dick

>legitimate questions ignored
>attention whoring tfw no gf faggots get flocked with (You)s

Damn I didn't know we were having a contest on which board can turn /tv/-tier shitty the fastest
>>
How (if at all) does strength in dips translate to strength in bench press? I weigh 200lb and dip with an added 20lb. Could I bench at least 150lb?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170630-180027.png (504KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170630-180027.png
504KB, 1080x1920px
Is this any good?
>>
>>41987133
no.
if its legal it doesn't work
>>
File: iowapatient.png (35KB, 927x241px) Image search: [Google]
iowapatient.png
35KB, 927x241px
Does Boogie live in Iowa?
>>
Is 5 reps lifting for strength and 8-12 for aesthetics or vice versa?
>>
>>41979518
Is fish oil beneficial at all? I take it every day. I have a very low fat diet otherwise.
>>
Novice here. Benching 1.5 times a week doesn't feel like enough especially in terms of getting the movement right? Will benching more fuck my shit up?
>>
>>41987133
no
>>41987413
>>41987583
yes
>>
I slept around 13 hours last night due to poor sleep as a result of getting used to night shifts.
If I don't sleep much tonight, will it be best to skip lifting tomorrow?
>>
>>41984500
I thought the issue was with the caffeine
>>
>>41985521
The problem is your shoulder and t-spine mobility
>>
>do squats or deadlifts
>have to shit
It's seriously every single time. Am I going to die?
>>
>>41979518
does that guy who saves all his semen in two liter bottles still post his collection on /b/ every year?

does anyone have last year's pic?
>>
newfag question, does the gap between your pecs go away as you keep working out or is it genetic? Or do you have to do more isolated inner chest exercises?
>>
What's the name of the Asian weightlifting guy? He wears glasses and I see people post him a lot here.
>>
>>41982341
>What can i do to help my ohp?
>Also are straps eventually required for deadlifts? Couldnt finish my last set as the bar keeps slipping from my hands.

Bumping my question
>>
Does more reps, sets, or weight mean better strength and bigger muscles?
>>
What other excercises/lifts help the abs?
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 900x900px
If I decide to turn in my natty card and run an 8-12 week cycle with just test e (and the appropriate pharms and pct), how much should I expect my balls to shrink? Will my gf notice when blowing me?
>>
>>41987863
Fuck no, go lift. Take a 20-40 minute nap before then take some pre-workout/coffee. Try to get on a better sleep schedule.
>>
>>41979593
If you can't grasp the idea of reading labeling to find out how and when to take creatine, or what lifts work with what muscles, then you shouldn't be making your own routine or trying one you don't understand. Just stick to PROVEN and EFFECTIVE methods.
>>
>>41979985
If you're 'near' the 1k club then you should know that that amount of volume won't do shit but delay the inevitable.
>>
>>41980024
Smoked for 8 years anon it's literally not worth it. You're just killing yourself. Stop while you're young and can repair some of the damage.

To answer your question yes, it blocks O2 receptors in the capillaries.
>>
>>41983770
5/3/1
>>
>>41989271
They will shrink and it will be noticeable. But if you can get non-bunk test, then getting hcg will be really easy for you.
>>
what is the best way to get sex regularly?
>>
>>41985483
>answering your own question and still asking it.

Different grips engage different muscles. Use whatever you want.
>>
>>41989426
To what degree will HCG slow the shrinking process? I hear it's not a total fix and I hear it might increase my risk of gyno?
>>
File: Symmetric Str.png (339KB, 1113x843px) Image search: [Google]
Symmetric Str.png
339KB, 1113x843px
Is it OK if I cut only 5 days of the week and maintain on my two rest days?

I've been trying to lose weight but whenever I take a day off from dieting I feel like I put it all back on.
Even on my "Cheat/Rest Days" I still only try to eat no more than 2500 kcal.

I'm 6'3" 220lb. Pic related is my symmetric strength chart.
>>
I've never eaten healthy, what are a few staples and things I should buy for the week? I want to eat really healthily to try to start making up for years of shit. But I don't know where to start or what to cook
>>
>>41979518
What's the best 6 day PPL routine? Do I need to make my own?
>>
File: Leggings.jpg (1MB, 3988x3988px) Image search: [Google]
Leggings.jpg
1MB, 3988x3988px
Which two should I get?
>>
>>41989726
top right looks like it'd be easier to match with an outfit (dull enough not to draw the eye, but colorful enough to go with a shirt or whatever). depending on where you live, blue or red would be my second choice. red can look better imo, but it's a bit too bright for my taste
>>
File: Face-Pull-1.png (535KB, 1320x810px) Image search: [Google]
Face-Pull-1.png
535KB, 1320x810px
>>41983908
>And rear delts are probably the most neglected part of all.
God, I love face pulls.
>>
>>41989726
red and blue
>>
>>41989726
Purple and Red
>>
>>41989122
ElginIntensity
>kek
>>
What can i do to help my ohp?
Also are straps eventually required for deadlifts? Couldnt finish my last set as the bar keeps slipping from my hands.
>>
>>41989726
link pls
>>
>>41989906
He's actually a different asian weightlifter. I think he's paler and wears less fashionable glasses.
>>
File: 1498342439052.jpg (85KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498342439052.jpg
85KB, 720x960px
Which mode is this and how is it achieved?
>>
>>41979622
Handstand pushups
>>
>>41989946
Amazon
Search 90 degrees by reflex high waist leggings
>>
>>41986709
>Shoulders
Handstand Pushups
>Chest
Pawn shop old person walker for $10. Use as a dip stand. Do dips.
>Glutes
Squats
Ride your bike to commute
>Also
Get a doorway pullup bar and do chinups and pullups
>>
>>41989977
clarence kennedy
>>
File: IMG_1140.jpg (13KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1140.jpg
13KB, 250x250px
>>41989353
>proven and effective
lol

no but seriously lemme rephrase it. if I have 8 exercises that work tris and I want 4, what judgement do I use to determine which 4 I should be doing?
>>
>>41990106
compound -> accessory for compound -> cable pushdown or extension /w shoulder rotation -> whatever else you want
>>
>>41979904
Yes. I fast regularly and have never had any negative side effects. Starvation is biggest normie meme out there.
>>
>>41990069
Thank you
>>
File: IMG_1625.jpg (174KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1625.jpg
174KB, 960x640px
Gonna hit the grocery store soon, what are some veggies I can steam that would go well with onion and bell pepper?
>>
File: ivysaur_448.png (31KB, 481x584px) Image search: [Google]
ivysaur_448.png
31KB, 481x584px
Is this routine enough for building muscles, or is it more for strength? If time permits is it okay if I add a couple of accessories after the main lifts?
>>
Am I still natty if I take Creatine?
>>
>tfw have to use a pad on front squat or the bar slides off my chest
I'm not flexible enough to use a clean and jerk grip, although I am stretching with the goal of switching to that. Anything else I can do in the meantime? A more secure trip besides crossed grip?
>>
Is there a reason to do 5x5 over 3x5 as a beginner?
>>
>>41990906
Pro: More volume to lern the lifts
Con: higher chance for catching a tendinitis
Just do one of them for a month then switch to gslp for a year
>>
>>41990326
>sets of 8-12 will make you big, lean, tanned, tatooed and with perfect proportions
>sets of 5 will make you fat, no muscles in your upper body yet somehow give you massive legs, pale and smelly
For clarification: https://youtu.be/mQzQG2oJRq4
About the accesoires: yoi probably don't need them yet. If you do a lot of them it's still unlikely that you overtrain but you might always catch a tendinitis. Just be careful and smart
>>
What would doing cardio training+strength training get me on a cutting or maitnence diet. Im chubby and am looking to slim down and gain muscle definition, is this a good idea?
>>
>>41990326
>>41991153
You may want to add curls and facepulls
No triceps isolation work
>>
What's wrong with a full body workout (deaflift, squat, bench, press) three times a week?
>>
>>41985015
I go to a chiropractor just to get shit back in place, and take anti inflammatories and do lower back stretches and exercises. Just dont rely on chiro 100% of the time, not magic.
>>
>>41991165
we apologize for the sticky being down. read this and share the link on /fit/ as often as possible
https://web.archive.org/web/20160829003456/http://www.liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>>41991174
>what is starting strengh
see above
>>
>>41991174

In my opinion, nothing. But people on /fit/ probably fear that it doesn't target smaller muscles enough (calves, biceps, upper pecs) enough. Depends on your goals, really.
>>
>>41991174
to answer your question: chinups, curls, reverse flys and a little bit of triceps work is mission
>>
>>41991201
*missing
>>
>>41982341
Anyone?
>>
>>41991211
do a mixed grip and alternate every workout or set

ohp is a bitch so treat it like a bitch
>>
>>41979938
Correct. It should be consecutive, with 3 - 10 seconds between each of the 10 reps. And then after that get your breath back, regain your stamina and try again
>>
>>41991193
Thank you
>>
>>41991224
any accessories that I can do?
>>
>>41991345
Yes bench press and lte faggot
>>
>>41990816
Natty refers only to not using roids.
>>
>>41991193
Thanks buddy, who could've known the sticky actually had useful information.
>>
>>41984437
Thanks
>>
>>41989979
That's a spongebob level of thigh gap
>>
File: 1433190229018.jpg (254KB, 1335x1214px) Image search: [Google]
1433190229018.jpg
254KB, 1335x1214px
>>41979518
Is this a good idea?

Or is it a terrible meme routine
>>
>>41991153

I'm a skele, I went from 55-62 and lifts have improved but I'm currently stalling right now.. is it definitely a issue with diet? Because it's been 2 weeks and I haven't gained any weight.

My squats are increasing though, along with my ohp. But my bench is stuck at 55kg.
>>
>>41991499
>shoulders, triceps and glutes 4x/week, everything else 2x/week
Do a ppl if you want something similar
And put the deadlift on leg day, it's a glute exercise
>>
>>41991552
About diet look what candito says about cutting/bulking
That routine is a bit high in volume. If acutally the routine is the problem switch to a more known one (starting strength, stronglifts, gslp, candito linear, reg parks beginner)
>>
I'm skinny, 5'9'' and 135 lbs. I started lifting about two weeks ago, but I'm curious about my diet. I never exercised for years, but I've always eaten a lot more than most people without ever gaining a pound.

Does this mean my body is just "inefficient"? Do I need to account for this baseline and keep eating even more than that? If there's extra food around, I keep eating until I feel like I'm going to burst, so I'm not sure how I'm going to build on that even more.

To be fair, though, I only drink water/milk, and I go back for thirds/fourths if that's an option rather than getting any kind of dessert, as I'm not a fan of sweets.
>>
>>41991599
About the routine being high in volume.. I'm actually suffering from some shoulder pain and I'm not sure if it's the benching or the ohp. I don't know if it's actually a good idea to bench and ohp on the same day lol.

But what is a good routine if I want to improve my main lifts? My aim is to simply bench 60kg after 1 month. I'm at 55kg doing 4x4 now.
>>
>>41991614
yes inefficient metabolizers aren't memes
here are some cool diet links:
https://web.archive.org/web/20160829003456/http://www.liamrosen.com/fitness.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXdHMHtZ_1M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIX-RyorgkQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
>>
>>41991648
gslp (greyskull linear progression) is the best currently, just don't expect miracles

>muh shoulder
you may consider reading starting stength for form improvement
>>
How long does noob gains last?
>>
Is there a daily/few days calisthenics plan I can follow each morning?
>>
File: novice, intermediate, advanced.png (67KB, 595x459px) Image search: [Google]
novice, intermediate, advanced.png
67KB, 595x459px
>>41991878
does this help?
>>
>>41991887
http://scoobysworkshop.com/beginning-workout-plan/
does this count as calisthrnics?
>>
>>41991787

Okay so I looked at gslp and uh, issit it similar to stronglifts except it's 3x5.

What's the difference between 3x5 or 5x5? Do I go heavier on 3x5?
>>
>>41989224
Answer me guys
>>
>>41991558
i dont think working those muscles 4 times on a 6 day routine seems too much.

shoulders are notorious for being hard to grow,
and i find triceps are what makes your arms joocy, not silly balloon biceps
finally GLOOTS 4 THE SLOOTS.

I agree that diddly is more at home in a legs-day, but it has a decent amount of pull.
With squat already in the legs day, i think leave it where it is, or alternate with squats
>>
>>41989224
strength is mostly measures in 1RM, so by weight.
strength programs often prefer lower reps and more weight, whereas hypertrophy usually relies on more volume (sets+reps)
>>
Any ab-based isolations to add to SS?
>>
I consider using Myfitnesspal. Can it be used to track food that I cannot measure like food from a cafeteria or a restaurant in an acceptable manner? Due to my job I sometimes have to eat at such places.
>>
>>41992173
Depends how popular a restaurant it is, if its a chain, it'll probably have the data, otherwise you can search for the meal and guess which result is the most appropriate.
>>
>>41992187
Thanks!
>>
>>41979518
Are almonds good for you?
>>
What happens if you have one cheat day a month? Not too huge where you stuff yourself to oblivion, but maybe around 2000 kcal extra.

Will there be any fat gain?
>>
So you know how people always post progress pics from when they are skinny fat and when they bulked up, they get bigger and you can even see their abs.

So what goes? Isn't bulking supposed to raise your bf % such that you can't see abs too..
>>
Just about to start SS and I know all the protocol of training and everything else; just one question

Is it possible to gain both strength AND size natty through a combined program rather than focus on a strict strength or hypertrophy program?
>>
What foods should I never eat? I'm too poor for the gym, should I just give up? What time should I go to bed? Also tgis is my body, any tips
>>
is it even worth lifting if you are a guy with super wide hips and narrow shoulders ? no lifting will fix my shit genetics. anyone has the same problem?
>>
>>41992694

No.

>>41993139

Yes, for a beginner. Strength and hypertrophy are achievable at the same time; mass AND fat loss is not. You'll eventually have to pick one or the other.
>>
If, for a month, i dont eat anything but eggs and chicken, and do cardio everyday just after waking up, how many lbs can i lose?
>>
>>41993527
Its about the extent of your deficit, not about what you eat.
Eating alot of protein will help you lose less muscle mass, but not alter how much weight you lose.

I think theres.. 7777kcal in a kg of bodyweight? Or a kg of fat?
So your deficit x 30 days / 7777
>>
if a elbow ecography analysis says my tendonosis is cleared can i start lifting again? or should i get a second opinion
>>
Lads, as a rookie to dieting, would a weekly meal plan consisting of only the following work?

>Brown rice, beans (+/- some stuff like onions, garlic etc), canned tuna, chicken breast, eggs and milk(+/- yogurt and some other dairy products). + butter and olive oil for preparation
>>
>>41979518

If gymnastic rings say "strap length 4m", does that mean the strap is 4m long or 2m (since you have to fold it once) ?
>>
Are kettlebell completely useless for building strength? Any good books about them?
>>
>>41993414
>Yes, for a beginner. Strength and hypertrophy are achievable at the same time; mass AND fat loss is not. You'll eventually have to pick one or the other.
So is there a cookie cutter lifting program for attaining both? Or do I use common sense and just increase weights after each high rep lift? That is, when I reach intermediate level
>>
switching to texas method after 6 months of stronglifts. Two questions, how can I replace cleans with dead lifts on Fridays and what can I do instead of back extensions on Monday?
>>
Are women attracted to men who spend every day of the week getting drunk by themselves to forget about the past but insist they're not alcoholics?
>>
>>41993951
Women here who wants to forget about her past. I'd be attracted to someone as broken as me because then we could suffer together without being judged. It's gotten to the point where I would probably prefer it lel

But I don't drink so no. I'd probably start drinking my weight in alcohol though if it wouldn't ruin my body
>>
>>41993989
pls be in Seoul
>>
>>41993989
How about being with a sex addict with an erectile dysfynction?
>>
>>41993667
What about fat and sugar in food, how do they mess up the loss?
>>
>>41994036
aslong as your calorie intake is less than the calories you spend, you will lose weight.

foods rich in fat or sugar are calorie dense, wich means you can eat alot less of it than say vegatables if you set a target caloric intake.

this is explained in the sticky.
For sustainable loss, aim for TDEE - 500
>>
My left wrist hurts when I do pushups. I have to do pushups on my knuckles. I don't even have to do the pushup, just getting in position makes it hurt.

My right wrist is completely fine.

Is there something fucked up in my hand?
>>
>>41994018
Not in Seoul but I am learning 한국어

>>41994030
Lel
>>
>>41994214
>Lel
you don't like to be judged, but you judge others
>>
>>41994214
What are you learning it for? I've lived here 6 months and have 6 left but only know 5 words, it's not really necessary as long as you can read the letters to know where you are

Also this country is disgusting and has no sewage system
>>
What do you guys use to keep track of nutrition intake?
>>
>>41994289
I love how it sounds. The grammar is really interesting too (and i usually hate grammar) and the alphabet is extremely easy. That and there is so much media to go through for practice (those kdramas...).

Why are you in Korea? I wanted to move for a year or so to learn the language but I don't see a way unless i become a teacher (don't even have a degree so i can't do that).

>>41994308
MyFitnessPal is awesome. You can even scan stuff with it, but always compare it with the actual label, some stuff is way off
>>
What can I do about gyno?
>>
>>41994389
US Army sent me in January. It's not too bad, I liked being here a lot till I had been here for a few months. Most of the stuff to do is the tourist attractions, even Koreans don't do too much outside of that. Most public places are also designed as date spots for couples as well, which leaves single people feeling very isolated, hence the enormous rate of depression in the country and obsession with appearance. It's a nice place to visit for a year or less, but I wouldn't want to live here any period longer than that, and it's completely different from how TV and other media makes it seem, so most Westerners dislike the country. I'd suggest travelling here first before committing to living here.
>>
>>41994456
try tamoxifen
>>
>>41979518
Started eating a lot more recently (more protein, eggs milk etc) now im always Gassy, any tips?
>>
>>41979518
Skipped cardio day yesterday
If I do compounds + cardio afterwards in one day will I die or something?
>>
File: fencing-splits.jpg (21KB, 350x251px) Image search: [Google]
fencing-splits.jpg
21KB, 350x251px
I wanna train myself to do the splits. Anyone got a daily stretching routine that'll make this happen?
>>
>>41994657
I want to train to do the splits too
>>
>>41994511
>Most public places are also designed as date spots for couples as well,
yeah I've heard about the strange couple culture, how they wear matching things and stuff

>It's a nice place to visit for a year or less, but I wouldn't want to live here any period longer than that, and it's completely different from how TV and other media makes it seem, so most Westerners dislike the country. I'd suggest travelling here first before committing to living here.
Sounds like this story my dad told me growing up about a guy who visited hell and it was full of hot strippers, pool parties, and good food. The guy decided he would love to live there and lived life in sin. The first day he arrived in hell as a "resident" this time, there were no strippers or parties, just regular ol' torture.

Anyway the moral of the story was "it's one thing to visit, and completely different thing to live somewhere"
>>
>>41993414
>No

not at all? even if that's only 2000kcal over maintenance and it's only once a month, won't those calories need to go somewhere?
>>
Cheapest reliable pull up

Can I just get some sort of solid tube and shove it in some wood
>>
>>41994678
That's wonderful. Thank you for your input
>>
>>41994691
Ye they wear matching clothes everywhere but korean men look like women already and only wear plain, oversized pastel-colored clothing with nonsensical Engrish on it so they'll usually be matching anyway, also all the females are expected to do some aegyo bullshit that you can read about online better than I can describe it. If you date a Korean the old people will always give them dirty looks and they'll get self-conscious about it because they overvalue the opinions of the elderly who grew up in poverty before the Miracle on the Han and subsequently are significantly less intelligent due to malnourishment, and emotionally repressed because of years of life under several different dictatorships with varying levels of Confucianism. On top of that, literally every Korean is a moderate-to-heavy drinker and although it recently became illegal, prostitution is to Korea what golfing is to Americans and is viewed pretty normally here.

As negative an opinion I have of this country, most of the Americans I know have a far lesser opinion of it than I do. Around 10% of the people differ from the majority of the country (although mostly rich, younger people who have had the chance to travel or study abroad), and the landscape is beautiful. A lot of the country was destroyed during Japanese occupation, and even more during the war and they hyperindustrialization that followed, but a lot of effort has gone into preserving what's left and those areas are very enjoyable. You don't have to have a romantic partner to enjoy most of the attractions but I'd suggest not going alone. Also, Koreans are generally very friendly towards foreigners as long as they're not with a Korean of the opposite gender. They look down on English teachers for trying to indoctrinate Western ideals into the youth and generally being fat, loud degenerates though.
>>
>>41994852
The fashion is quite different yeah. The aegyo thing is annoying, I don't like acting cutesy so I'd find it weird. The whole respect thing is off the charts, their whole language is figuring out when to use which formality.

I do love the language though, I wish I fell in love with another more useful language but hey

How are women that lift viewed there?
>>
>>41994891
Nobody lifts here, the gyms are all full of machines. Even the Korean men who chose to be in the military don't lift.

The language is great though, I agree.
>>
>>41979763
you'll never learn
>>
>>41994917
Oh no :( I didn't think it was that bad, since I'm following a Korean female lifter on instagram (@soofitness) and there seems to be a niche. That's too bad, since Koreans have long and slender physiques and for females that makes for a perfect structure for bodybuilding.

Well I had a dream of opening up a proper gym for expats in Korea. Maybe one day when I have the money.
>>
I'm beginning to go down the road to T-Rex mode and I don't like it, I'm at 425 dead, 245 bench, 315 squat and all my lifts except for bench and OHP are rising for the past few weeks yet I'm benching 3x a week with multiple supplementary bench lifts like incline/decline/dips/etc each time.

I'm adding like 5lbs to my squat every week and 10 to my dead but 0 to my bench, not even getting more reps at the same weight.

What do
>>
>>41994964
There's probably not enough expats in one place for that to be profitable outside of Itaewon, where there's probably already a gym but I don't go there so I don't know. Property prices are ridiculously high here, anon. Also, most expats are English teachers, who aren't generally into fitness very much, or workers from 3rd world countries either there to take the money of American soldiers via prostitution/low quality food, or Nigerians who clear landmines from the DMZ and have a bad habit of stalking women but rarely acting upon it because Korea has the highest number of cameras per sq foot in the world
>>
I've gone from SL 5x5 into Texas Method. I'm a fan of powerlifting style training and I'm happy with what I'm doing. Although I have noticed by now my arms are lagging behind in terms of shape. I do plenty of pullups, but clearly this is not enough for my biceps. Triceps get hit through presses. My forearms are pretty fucking thin too.

Is a set of high volume curls at the end of my workout a simple fix for okay results? Should I also do some tricep isolation? I would think they should be in better shape though due to all the pressing.

How do I isolate forearms? Is there even any point?
>>
>>41995024
Sounds like moving there would smash my rose-tinted-glasses view of what it's like
>>
Where should one buy dumbells? Getting some and I don't know if this a good price.
>>
File: fgffg.jpg (99KB, 1575x721px) Image search: [Google]
fgffg.jpg
99KB, 1575x721px
>>41995067
forgot pic
>>
File: wn20130918n2a-870x580.jpg (118KB, 870x580px) Image search: [Google]
wn20130918n2a-870x580.jpg
118KB, 870x580px
>>41995050
The majority of the country looks like this

You're probably right, that's why I laugh when I see koreaboos online who think the entire country is like an SNSD music video. Even Koreans hate everything about their country, they just aren't allowed to admit it except very notionally, and will get upset if you say anything suggesting it could be even slightly better because they're both extremely nationalist and extremely sensitive.
>>
new bread
>>41994459
>>
File: 20170218_153458.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170218_153458.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>41995099
Here's a picture I took from Namsan Tower, which is one of the highest points in Asia
>>
>>41995118
>>41995099
I'm originally eastern european so I'm used to old commie blocks and i think i'd prefer them over these cold, "perfect" looking blocks

the Korea from dramas looks so cosy. But at the end of the day, kpop/kdrama is carefully manufactured to make korea money. some of the stuff you can read about how korean idols are made is scary
>>
>>41995208
There are a lot of eastern europeans and Kazakhs in the Dongdaemun area, a lot of them are criminals or prostitutes though (so they brought their culture with them).

I've read about the Korean idols and most Koreans know that they're glamorized hookers but nobody here cares because, again, it's normal here. If you have sex before marriage you're a whore though.

The dramas are mostly filmed on the islands on the Han River or Gangnam, and only during spring when the weather is ideal. If you visit, don't come during summer, it's always raining and very hot/humid.
>>
>>41995298
>If you have sex before marriage you're a whore though.
wut, really?
I mean I know in their dramas they act completely innocent and never show proper kisses etc, but surely it's not that bad in real life.
>>
>>41995347
It depends. Before 2000, definitely. It's not so strict anymore but they don't get around like Westerners at all and are pretty uncomfortable talking about sex. Most have only been in 3-4 relationships by the time they graduate college (although men graduate later than women due to conscription, and almost no one in the Korean military has a relationship due to lack of time/freedom/money). Most of the Koreans I've talked to are from Seoul, but southern places like Daegu and Busan are far more conservative in a country that is already very socially conservative. There are no gay people here and trans is unheard of outside of the Filipina hookers that scam the US military.

Also, stay far away from Korean Christians, Christianity in Korea is a death cult.
>>
>>41995426
>Most have only been in 3-4 relationships by the time they graduate college
I thought that was the average in the west too. at least relationships, not casual sex.

>There are no gay people here and trans is unheard of
Sounds like it would be total hell for someone who's actually gay, even if it's one person out of thousands

>Also, stay far away from Korean Christians, Christianity in Korea is a death cult.
so i've heard. are most non-religious?
>>
>>41995464
There's a lot of variation in the West. Brazil, the US, and Poland are all the West, but that number is going to be very different in all of them. In the US most people would say 10+ relationships by that point. There are few places where casual sex is a thing here and most people looking for that meet online or in the clubs outside of art schools

Yeah it is

Yes, there are a lot of Buddhists as well.

I xan try to answer any other questions you have before the thread dies
>>
>>41995529
>In the US most people would say 10+ relationships by that point.
Holy shit
Like actual relationships, not just short flings? I suddenly feel very behind, i haven't even had one.

>I xan try to answer any other questions you have before the thread dies
What is work-life balance like? Is it as terrible as people say it is?
Also, do people really tend to look younger than they are? From what I've seen, 35 year old women look 20, and the men look like they're always in their 20s-early 30s even if they're 45.
>>
File: 20170225_124649.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170225_124649.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
>>41995586
Yeah, like 3+ months each. I've only had one.

I don't know too much about that, I work for the US government and work anywhere between 25 and 80 hours a week.

Mostly. Pic related is my ex-gf, she's 26 and smokes a pack a day, gets drunk enough to pass out on a daily basis and has for the past 4 years. She looks a lot older than most Koreans her age.
>>
>>41995648
>She looks a lot older than most Koreans her age.
i'd argue she looks very young. doesn't look like that lifestyle is affecting her too badly, physically at least. if i were to smoke and drink I'd balloon up in no time.

Too bad about the strong drinking culture in Korea though. I feel like there'd be so much pressure to drink, i was reading about going out with the company after work and having to drink.
>>
File: 20170401_112749.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170401_112749.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
>>41995680
You can't tell so much in that picture, maybe here. Too lazy to preview before posting.

Nobody will force you to drink or be upset if you don't. You would have to go to bullshit with the company after work just so your disgusting ajeosshi boss can hit on you though.

The good thing about Korea is there are no fat people, returning to the US next year is going to be weird.
>>
am i autistic for practicing proper form with a broomstick
>>
>>41995754
yeah you can tell a bit more there. she's still a qt. has she had any plastic surgery? asking because apparently it's huge over there
>>
>>41995843
No but it doesn't weigh enough for your body to react the same as it would under significant weight so you're not getting very good practice. I deadlift my pants up after shitting though and it's good practice. Try with just the bar.

>>41995855
No, in Korea plastic surgery is reported as numbers of operations, not people who have had them so while a decent percentage of people have had the eyelid surgery, most haven't had more than that. The ones who have get 20+ operations though, so 5% who have had more than the eyelids x anywhere between 5 and 20 makes it look a lot more popular than it is.

What country are you from and where do you live currently? What do you think of it?
>>
>>41995940
>What country are you from and where do you live currently? What do you think of it?
I'm from Bulgaria, live in the UK. Do you mean what do I think of the UK? I love the classic brit humor, but that's about it. I don't like the drinking culture, the weather, and how it's slowly becoming more and more politically correct.

I will say though that there's a startling difference between the brits that lift and those that don't lift. It's like two different types of human. The ones that don't lift look very weak, very liberal, very...deflated, personalty and body-wise. Those that lift start to look very Saxon-like (if that's the correct way to describe it).

Hands down what I hate the most is the white-cover of cloud that's there 11.5 months a year. It's not dark cloud, or even rain, or anything. It's just like a white sheet of paper was placed behind the backdrop and it's very depressing.
>>
>>41996163
Obviously people who are interested in self-improvement will be different from those who aren't, not sure how they look like Saxons though.

Korea has that weather right now but only in June and July, and it's very light rain so it's not bad.

Another good thing about the country is that drug use is almost unheard of here.
>>
>>41996221
>not sure how they look like Saxons though.
tall, very very square jawed, very germanic

Ah yes isn't drug use in Asia very frowned upon in general? Like you can get thrown in jail for having weed even if you're just flying over
>>
>>41996278
Yeah, SE Asia is different, and Korea isn't Philippines-tier, but they hate all drug users and it's impossible to even get weed here. There's a place in Busan called Texas street full of Russian hookers who are also meth users, and I've heard a few people tell me they smoked weed once in high school or while abroad, but never more than that.

Sorry I ruined your dream of going to Korea, if you do go here are the places I like:

Yeouido Park, really just in the first two weeks of April when the cherry blossoms bloom, lots of people go there in that timeframe though and you can see them all over the city.
Seoul Forest, has deer and shit that run around the park freely, you can pet them. Good to walk around here yearround
Namsan Tower, but don't go alone or during the daytime
Soyosan, pretty cool mountain to hike. Dobongsan and Bukhansan are full of old people walking around with hiking gear and ski poles even though it's literally a paved road all the way to the top, they look impressive but are pretty boring. Most of the mountains here are nice, but Soyosan is one of the better ones I've been to
Go to karaoke if you have friends here, especially Korean friends, they love it and it's different from the West where everyone sings the same 5 songs
Coex aquarium, they have robot fish
Walk across the Han River at same point, preferably at night.

Some other places I don't remember as well
>>
>>41996384
Thanks for your answers anon, they've been interesting to read. I probably won't end up moving there, but will visit.
>>
>>41996447
I am only so helpful because you posted this
>I'd be attracted to someone as broken as me because then we could suffer together without being judged. It's gotten to the point where I would probably prefer it lel

Have a nice life, anon
>>
>>41996491
Ah yes

I feel happy when i talk to people online, then I realise no one actually knows me or cares about me in real life. I keep hoping one day I won't be depressed or anxious or alone

You have a nice life too, anon
>>
>>41996585
Why are you depressed or anxious? And does it really matter if you're alone? You seem like a nice person with some aspirations, and you aren't fat so you're already better looking than most of the UK so you don't have to be alone forever.

I think about suicide and I'm depressed on a daily basis, but it's something I can never do because I have the ability to help others. Find something you enjoy doing and then lose yourself in it, if you enjoy talking to people online then just do that and quit worrying what the people around you think.
>>
>>41996685
Where do i start, anon. The short story is that i had social anxiety as a kid which completely fucked up any chance i had to make friends or relationships, I moved schools, had therapy, etc etc, but never recovered. I never went to uni and instead got a web development job which was a terrible environment and left me heavily depressed and suicidal for months. Now I feel empty and alone and like my whole life will just be boring meaningless work with an oasis of a short holiday every year which i will spend alone.
>>
>>41996714
Honestly I have no idea. I had about the same thing happen, got shitty jobs after school, then got pissed off at my boss one day so I joined the military on a whim. I've enjoyed every day of it and I'm a medic so people rely on me if they get injured - I could go off myself but that would be a betrayal to all of them, and medical stuff is legitimately fascinating to me. Life still blows though so I find passive ways of killing myself like alcoholism so I can delude myself into thinking it was an accident.

Tl;dr: I'm happy now through sheer luck but life is still empty and I want to die, and I treat myself with alcohol.

I have no legitimate advice, I just feel like you should be happier than you are. This thread is about to die but if you want to contact me ohayou.hitler@gmail
>>
>>41996819
Sounds like a path I might end up going down. I've been considering joining the military for a few weeks now

I considered it years ago but that was when I still had a bit of hope left in me, now I hate life so much I don't mind if I die so I'm much more open to joining the army. I'm kind of small though so I don't know, I probably wouldn't even pass their weight requirement

will email you
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.