[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 32

File: 1410681057055.jpg (100KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
1410681057055.jpg
100KB, 999x624px
Are basketball shorts not /fit/ approved?
>>
>>41994459

They're fine.

Is it at all possible to make gains on keto? It's been a month and all of my lifts and even cardiovascular has been steadily falling
>>
I'm doing a night shift tomorrow night but am wondering if I should lift tomorrow anyway to make up for skipping today, since I didn't sleep much
>>
Will getting /fit/ and raising my test slow my hair thinning?

Any tips for a skelly looking to get started?
>>
>>41994459
should i replace bench pressing and ohping with doing it in the smith machine if i find it gives better contraction and if i care more for aesthetics?
>>
can i ohp on an incline bench?

my ceilings are low
>>
Is 3 sets of 5 still good for deadlifts as i get to heavier weight?
>>
>>41995170
If you can get it to a 90° angle then sure.
>>
>>41994800
bamping this
>>
>>41994773
you'll be fine as long as you're not completely exhausted
i sometimes make changes in my lifting schedule to fit my life and it works out fine
>>
>>41995120
Going bald is genetics largely, high test or steroids will only speed up the process. Also if you're going bald, own it and shave your head it looks way better than thinning hair
>>
File: fencing-splits.jpg (21KB, 350x251px) Image search: [Google]
fencing-splits.jpg
21KB, 350x251px
>>41994459
I wanna train myself to do the splits. Anyone got a daily stretching routine that'll make this happen?
>>
is it beneficial to spread protein throughout the day rather than say eating 80% of it in one meal?
>>
>>41995384
i'm not sure if it is a meme or not
>>
File: fgffg.jpg (99KB, 1575x721px) Image search: [Google]
fgffg.jpg
99KB, 1575x721px
Where should one buy dumbells? Getting some and I don't know if this a good price.
>>
>>41995406
try getting used off craigslist or something
>>
>>41995144
do whatever the fuck you want to do but you know whats better
>>
>>41995284
Eh, it's not noticeable yet but when it gets to that point I'm definitely shaving it.
>>
>>41995144
But then you won't be able to brag about how much you can bench
>>
>>41995454
I feel that a shaved head looks much better than a balding one
>>
>>41995216
watch nippard's 10000 kcal chalenge video
>>
Does having wider hip bones than ribcage mean there's something wrong with me?
>>
>>41995144
I think that the Smith machine could lead to injury over time do to the un natural bar path. I'm not sure of that though. Just something I've noticed when watching people use it.
I have a question, guys. Who here has successfully reset their adenosine receptors? How can I take a beak from caffeine and combat the mental fatigue? I stopped for five days and broke it on the sixth because I need to be sharp around my costumers. If I could go just two weeks and then add coffee back in just a few days a week that'd be great.
>>
Trying to fix up my squats by keeping my upper body tight and bringing elbows in, however that makes my arms end up in position where they hold the bar upwards rather than pushing it into my back as they are when pointing far backwards. This makes my wrists take the load and causes the bar to be rolling around my back, which breaks the tension.

Any advice on how to fix this up? I go high-bar and tried setting the bar tight on my traps, but bringing elbows in just makes the whole thing awkward.
>>
are these fractional plates enough for microprogressing?

https://www.amazon.com/44SPORT-Olympic-Fractional-Plates-Weights/dp/B01CO7J5XY/ref=sr_1_6?s=sports-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1498943031&sr=1-6&keywords=fractional+plates

i dont see why i would need all the smaller ones (1/4 lb, 1/2 lb) if i can just use the 1.25 lb ones
>>
i can't take regular whey because of acne(i'm good now but every time i start with whey it's gets my face full of it). besides just regular food is there any substitute?
>>
I kinda tweaked my rotator cuff a little while doing pullups. Can I still do bent over rows? What about deadlifts? Squats sorta require me to contort my shoulder in such a way that I get the twinge in my shoulder, so they're off the table for a week or two. Anything else I should be aware of? This is the first time I've ever really been hurt because of the gym.
>>
>>41995865
please respond
>>
>>41995784
I use 1.25 plates. I haven't stalled since using them. Took my bench from 185 to 225 by progressing 2.5 pounds twice a week
>>
>>41995999
Nice trips breh

Where's the pain?
>>
>>41995673
Girl or boy? If latter, then possibly. See a veterinarian.
>>
>>41996402
do you mean doctor
>>
>>41994459
How do you calculate how much you can bench?
>>
File: 1495301263245.png (31KB, 481x584px) Image search: [Google]
1495301263245.png
31KB, 481x584px
ive been cutting for like 2 months

2500 cals, using this routine

waist used to be 34, now its 35

am i doing something wrong?
>>
>>41996537
By trying to bench high amounts of weights
>>
What's the proper form for lat pulldowns? Is the bar supposed to touch your chest or is it enough to go past your chin?
>>
>>41996506
No, human males don't have wide hips. You must be some sort of subhuman beast.
>>
>>41996551
eat less or move more
>>
>>41996572
Go too low and you'll fuck up your joints in the long run
>>
Any tips on working out in a really hot environment? My gym these days is like a fucking sauna, especially the free weights area....
>>
>>41996600
Go to a better gym
>>
>>41996600
wear lightweight clothes and drink a lot of water. put some ice cubes in it.

other than that, dunno. my gym is terrible and it is extremely cold in the winter and hot in the summer. I kind of like it though, makes me sweat more and feel like i'm doing more
>>
>>41994459
is it fine to ingest 2 protein scoops daily?
wont be able to cook my shit anymore so all I have going is estimating and protein shakes
>>
>>41996506
Heavily depends on your ancestors
>>
File: skinnyfatfit.png (281KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
skinnyfatfit.png
281KB, 600x800px
Skinnyfat?
>>
>>41996640
Get a haircut
>>
>>41996651
i lost a bet i gotta grow it out over summer
>>
I am bulking at +300cals and a dude i spoke to at the gym who's pretty shredded said that +1000 would you put you in a better situation since i am 5'10 135lbs right now.

Is he fucking with me or is that legit?
>>
>>41996312
It's a twinge when I move my angle my left arm straight upwards (like during OHP). I can lift my left elbow even with my shoulder (so it's horizontal) without any pain, but I get the twinge when it goes much higher than that. It hurts right on the front part of the armpit, where the bicep meets the pectoral.
>>
>>41996680
fuck no, 1000 is too much even for your skinny ass

keep at +300-500
>>
Basketball shorts, much like cargo shorts, are detestable and should be avoided at all costs.
>>
>>41996680
There's a limit to the speed at which your body can add muscle. 1000 would just add tons of fat.
>>
when do I not put sedentary on TDEE calculator?
i lift 3x week and will start working(most of the time standing, basically I'll do bar man work at a resdtaurant)
>>
>>41996577
I'm sorry
what can I do about it?
>>
>>41996715
nothing, except work on broadening your shoulders

it's fine, we all have something that isn't optimally aesthetic on our body
>>
>>41996699
I guess you lift dressed with a leotard, lipstick and a squat plug the size of Arnolds thigh. But if it suits you ...
>>
if you're new only deadlift once a week could you still add 10 lbs every workout or are you going to stall fast?
>>
>>41994459
I'm from Brazil and i got a 6 month postgrad scholarship to do a research in Colorado State University (Fort Collins)

My question is, am i going to spend a lot on food?
I thought i was going to get some amazing gains since whey in america is fucking cheap compared to Brazil but as i was talking to some friends about it, they told me the food is actually really expensive and i'm going to spend all my money on rent because it's also fucking expensive

Americans please fill me with information on how to get gainz there on a budget, also, is gym membership expensive there?
Anyone from Colorado, Fort Collins, Denver or CSU here?
>>
Are there any effective pre-workout supplements that won't kill me?
>>
should you be adding weight to lifts that you aren't doing with perfect form?
>>
>>41996959
just keep adding until you stall dude
>>
>>41996995
coffee + a banana

>>41997007
no
>>
>>41995120
no you need estrogen to slow hair loss, so don't do it just shave it, T makes u lose hair faster
>>
>>41996995
>>41997035
>coffee + a banana
What about Skyr and some carbs?
>>
>>41995844
I mean you could go for plant-based protein but it's a hell of a lot pricier.
>>
>>41997035
i (>>41997007) have a lot of rounding w my squat and deadlift probably due to bad glute activation/bad core bracing. are there any particularly good videos/exercises for this?
>>
File: FOOD INFLUENCER.png (622KB, 947x882px) Image search: [Google]
FOOD INFLUENCER.png
622KB, 947x882px
>>41996551
>cutting
>beginner program
>2500 cal

what's your height/weight/bf%/gender

>>41996625
protein is fine, but it doesn't have the micronutrients that real food has. If you're going to be eating few fruit/vegetables consider a multivitamin.

>>41996640
just skinny with very little muscle. bulk.

>>41996680
absolutely fucking not. 1000+ no matter how ripped you are is fucking retarded. at the absolute most you should do 500 and even then most of what you gain will be fat.

>>41996711
TDEE's are awesome for finding out sedentary calories, not so great for finding calories burned from exercise. In-general it's really difficult to accurately guess how much you will burn just due to variables, so the best thing to do is make an educated guess and fine-tune until you are gaining/losing what you want.

>>41996699
no one cares what you wear at the gym as long as it's not sandals.

>>41996993
It all depends on the location. I lived in Northern new mexico and have no idea what rent is like in the denver area, but in Santa Fe it was pretty expensive. A cheap shitty place was $900 a month for two bedrooms not including utilities. Better areas were in the $1200-1300 range.

Food costs depend entirely on your preferences. Fast food is deceptively cheap, burgers are only 3-4 bucks but the macros are shit. Plus you can usually have a meal of chicken and rice for 1-2 dollars per meal if you buy and prepare it yourself. I generally spent $150-200 a month on food and about the same on utilities which get really expensive in the winter.

>>41997107
I'm pretty sure T has nothing to do with hair loss, it's that DHT production can be affected by creatine if there is a history of such in the family.
>>
>>41997246
How much should i do to have as little fat gain as possible?

200cal?
>>
>>41997288
as little fat as possible? Recomp. That way you are literally not gaining anything, and instead just growing muscle tissue. Spoiler warning: it's slow as fuck.

realistically 250-300 surplus is fine and won't lead to excess fat.
>>
Anyone have experience with SARMS? LGDs??
>>
File: 1458252955792.jpg (130KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1458252955792.jpg
130KB, 960x540px
>>41994459
I struggle with the initial off the ground moment with deadlifts. besides more deadlifts is there an accessory exercise that can help em with initial lift?
>>
>>41997396
are you breathing into your abdomen and bracing it for the whole lift? I find that I tire easily if I release the breath before the bar hits the ground again.
>>
>>41997396
deficite deadlifts are the absolute best to strengthen the lower part of the deadlift.
>>
>>41997396
>>41997455
also pause squats can be pretty good for the lower part of the DL.

if you have problems staying tight maybe train your abs or do weighted hyperextensions but that is more general purpose than specifically for breaking the bar off the ground.
>>
>>41997436
yea i have been breathing correctly.
>>41997455
can i do wide grip rack pulls? if not can I do deficit deadlifts at reduced weight and it still help my working set?
>>
>>41997396
Leg drive. The bottom/first portion of the lift is mostly legs. Squat more.
>>
>>41997489
>can i do wide grip rack pulls?
they are basically only usefull for the lockout aka the upper part of the movement so you can do them but they wont help with your problem

>if not can I do deficit deadlifts at reduced weight and it still help my working set?
What helped me quite a bit was doing them at a weight that I could rep out in the 8-10 reprange and doing that without a belt. It should be challenging but I see no point in doing them much heavier than that. so whatever you can move 8-10 times without your form breaking down is fine in my books. but try it out maybe some other reprange is more usefull for you specifically I would start around that though.
>>
>>41997485
>>41997508
>>41997515
ok thanks guys. I will try mentally using my leg more too instead of pulling from back. that might be a big problem too.
>>
>>41997544
a little tip for that, imagine yourself pushing your feet into the ground instead of pulling the bar. Also always keep your chest up, imagine someone has a string attached to your chest and is pulling your body straight by pulling on that string. it's not about pulling the bar it's about straightening your body while holding onto the bar.

I dont know if this explanation makes sense to you but it has helped me a while ago.
>>
>>41997655
actually it does make sense. Ive been trying to pull mostly from the top which I think is reducing my power.
>>
>>41996683
Yeah mate I had an impingement in my front delt, so pretty much the same area as you.

What I did was take a week break and focus solely on internal/external rotation exercises, really light weight, like few sets of 12 reps. Band pull aparts (with resistance band) helped a lot too, and I still use them now to warm up in between sets of OHP/dips etc. After the pain cleared up, I slowly worked my way back up, increasing weight slowly and warming up properly each time.

This vid will help with band pull aparts - https://youtu.be/l2VQ_WZ8Bto

You should check out his other videos too, really good channel
>>
How do I get a fat friend to start working out and stop being a fatty? I'm afraid of making things awkward or ruining the friendship, and don't know the best way to bring it up
>>
>>41995234
That's fine then, I can sleep Monday morning.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UShUs1Wb_k

I care about my brain more than my gains but how much muscle will I lose
>>
How to avoid nausea while working out? The last few weeks I've often had to skip the last few sets because I feel so sick. I typically eat like 2 hours before starting.
>>
File: Slv1unb.gif (657KB, 191x381px) Image search: [Google]
Slv1unb.gif
657KB, 191x381px
How much can I run before I start losing gains?
I usually just run a 6:30~ mile everyday in the morning and figure it shouldn't hurt. Is that correct, or can I run more? I ran track in high school so I like to run
>>
>>41998235
Are you drinking too little or too much water, perhaps? Not breathing enough? Try eating 3h earlier. Try eating a banana 30 minutes before your workout.
>>
>>41998266
Run as much as you like, as long as you're eating enough it won't negatively effect you
>but look at marathon runners
you're not going to run that much and they don't lift
>>
>>41998054
>How do I get a fat friend to start working out and stop being a fatty?
You can't force people to change. You can bring it up and encourage them to try and lose weight, give them the proper guidelines and resources, but change comes from within.

>>41998144
on 3-day fasts? Hardly any. That being said a 3-day fast probably won't have you losing that much weight either, maybe a pound and a half at most.
>>
>>41998235
I get nauseous if I eat 2 hours before I work out, sometimes depending on food even moreso. I find that I workout better on an empty stomach.
>>
>>41997701
Thanks a bunch man. I'll check it out.
>>
>>41998322
thx anon, I figured as much, just wanted to be sure
>>
I have got a strong jaw line but I have also got dimples. People say they soften my face. Good or bad thing?
>>
File: k.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
Anybody make it out of skinnyfat mode? I have twig arms and legs with love handles and puffy nipples. 5'10" 135 lbs probably like 18% bodyfat. Currently doing the /fit/ gslp with cardio and calisthenics/core work on off days. Eating between maintenance and +200 cals. What do? Can I make it? I want to die
>>
I took the morning after pill half a day after me and my bf's condom broke. My period should have been yesterday but it still isn't here. I ready that the pill usually messed with ones cycle, but usually it makes it come earlier, not later. Is there still hope that i'm not pregnant? Sorry for the English, I'm Danish.
>>
>>41998803
no offense, but this is probably the wrong place to ask this. Most here are virgins that hardly know anything about sex, let alone pregnancy.
>>
>>41998719
eat more
>>
>>41998803
Testa dricka två liter mjölk om dagen och bara göra knäböj hela tiden varje dag

mvh Sverige
>>
Im pretty skinnyfat (big gut, manboobs and lovehandles visually around 25-20% bf with normal bmi) would lifting on a caloric defecit work for losing fat and building muscle?
In theory my body could just get the needed energy for muscle building and recovery from my fat deposits, no? Im also still ripe for noobiegains (1 month of irregular lifting 2x week) if that matters.
>>
Wtf are plyometrics anyway? Is it literally just doing box jumps forever?
How/when do I incorporate them into my program?
>>
>>41997158
Lower the weight and start again, using proper form. If you're only a beginner then you can't really injure yourself with the weight you're using, but the risk is always there
>>
Start taking melatonin at night especially after working out.

Any negative side effects I should worry bout?
>>
>>41998949
bump
>>
Is there a downside to doing different rows (chins, t-bar, pendlay, db, etc) every workout? I know benching and curling and shit is bad to do that, but rows seem like the perfect thing to throw in.

Can I row 3-6 times a week assuming I vary my grip and rows?
>>
Is whole milk better for gains than skim milk?

Is milk a good postworkout meal?
>>
>>41998949
Your body uses protein for muscle tissue synthesis, not fat.
>>
>>41999053
Whole milk has healthy fats and oodles of vitamins. Skim does not.

Milk is not a good post-workout meal.
>>
>>41999037
I'd stick to a row till you get pretty strong at it.
>>
>>41995367
Relax into Stretching by Tsatsouline
>>
>>41999086
So lifting on a calroic defecit with high protein intake allows you to burn fat and build muscle at the same time?
>>
Isthere any protein better than myprotein? asking since I only know of that lab thing website

I know mypriotein is good but I wouldnt mind paying more if the quality was even better
>>
>>41999134
No. Muscle Growth and fat loss is only possible for people with extremely little muscle to begin with, and even then it does not last long, 5 lbs at-most.

99% of the time, it's either fat loss or muscle growth. Take your pick.
>>
>>41994459
How can I safely give myself a scar? And what would be the coolest place on the face to get one?
>>
>>41999110
I can row 250 which isn't great, but decent. And chin ups for reps with 75 pounds at 200 plus bw. It's just that my row is weaker than my bench, and something I neglected a bit due to fear of low back snapping.

Now all I want to do is row and have a huge back.

To clarify, you'd still have your dedicated pull day or whatever, but on every other muscle group day, you'd be doing some form of row as well. Is there any real downside to this?
>>
whats a simple way of progression for ohp its stuck at 60 lbs dumbells for a set of 7 should i do 5x5 with it
>>
File: 1498837504748.jpg (44KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1498837504748.jpg
44KB, 600x900px
>>41996640
hey Carl, how is your eye?
>>
>>41999716
Why does the nigress look reptilian?
>>
File: 2016-05-24-11-58-06.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-24-11-58-06.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
>>41999280
get one on your scrotum. use heated serrated knife. cut all the way down at the base, and cut deep.
>>
File: 1482462877619.jpg (92KB, 1080x1313px) Image search: [Google]
1482462877619.jpg
92KB, 1080x1313px
>>41999726
cause she sees a wyte boi holding the camera and goes all primal with the urge
>>
How often do you do a deload week? Should you drop 50% volume or just rest entirely?
>>
If I'm just starting to get serious about running, is C25K better than just jogging and keeping a reasonable pace? I like running so I'm not worried about the mental aspect, if that's the biggest benefit.
>>
how do I properly count calories burned on jumping rope, any calculator?
I like to do it boxing way and chilling I do 3 skips per sec, sometimes I go ham for some secs and then back to chillin
>>
I started lifting today a little after noon. I pushed hard but I'm not feeling any soreness yet. If it doesn't kick in should I work out again tomorrow?
>>
>>41999747
post more
>>
File: mfw when front squatting.png (37KB, 269x523px) Image search: [Google]
mfw when front squatting.png
37KB, 269x523px
I only get bruises and sharp pain in on shoulder when front squatting, this is like my third or so time doing this exercise. People say the bar is properly aligned and everything is at same height. Should i focus on pulling elbows up or getting better wrist flexibility? Pain feels like bar is pinching some nerves near pic related.
>>
>>41999280
I have one on my nose that's been there since I was four. Don't do it anon.
>>
>>41999903
In my opinion, which is no way affiliated with any studies or sites of any kind, is that every 2 months of lifting you should alternate between a deload and a rest week.
>>
say im jumping rope for 3 min. if i mess up a few times (no more than 4) does it count as jumping for 3 min straight?
>>
File: 1481297767343.jpg (93KB, 600x900px)
1481297767343.jpg
93KB, 600x900px
>>41999985
okay you wyte devil
>>
is there any protein superior to myprotein in quality and taste? found out about prozis and they got interesting shit(caju butter being 100% caju no other ingredients) and they got a lot of brands of protein including their own
>>
File: 51osE1VC3WL._SL1000_[1].jpg (52KB, 1000x686px) Image search: [Google]
51osE1VC3WL._SL1000_[1].jpg
52KB, 1000x686px
https://www.amazon.com/DeskCycle-Exercise-Pedal-Exerciser-White/dp/B00B1VDNQA
Is this any good? If not, are there any good alternatives?
>>
>>42000294
what is your intent in using it?

i often prescribe hand cycles to extremely obese/out of shape individuals. they'll wear you out. the ones that can be used for both hand and foot cycling are really good buys. you want something heavy, when buying products like this look at the weight of different products vs each other on amazon, it should show it somewhere.

>>42000143
i'm a fan of hemp protein
>>
I was thinking about getting some kettlebells, /fit/. What weights should I be looking at and is there any good kettlebell workout floating around?
>>
>>42000089
Bitch may as well not have a face after that much airbrush
>>
Who got the get?
>>
>>41994459
I'm drunk, will this affect my gains?
>>
>>42000143
ON, easily, but it's about 20% pricier.
>>
>>41999999
checked
>>
>>42000548
any sources to back it up?
>>
>>42000328
I'm extremely busy, I'm in a chair every day of the week and so I wanted to exercise some while I was working, I'm concerned about my heart.
>>
Is it natural for some people to just be stronger in certain lifts due to their genetics? As in, would it be normal to progress faster in the OHP than the bench press?
>>
>>42000730
Definitely. The guys in my family have gigantic pecs but weak-ass abs.
>>
>>42000753
My family is very weird. Unaesthetic and kind of weak chests (kms desu) but very strong backs and shoulders. At least we aren't manlets
>>
What are some lesser known indicators of test levels? Libido, fatigue - shit like that is hard to judge, especially when your dick doesn't get hard half the time you're out because of porn addiction. I know about stuff like 2D4D ratio - there anything else like that?
>>
>>42000767
Piggybacking on this question. How do you go about getting your blood-work done to check test levels. Can I just ask my current practitioner? I wonder how the insurance of it would work out..
>>
File: 1498965392151.jpg (28KB, 500x592px) Image search: [Google]
1498965392151.jpg
28KB, 500x592px
>>41994459
While going through my routine which I admittedly have really been coasting through for the past few months, the owner of my gym stopped me and had me do my sets slowly, holding the weights at the max stress point for a second or two before slowly finishing the rotation. Told me "This is where you get the gains" Had me lower the weight if I couldn't do it. Finished my workout feeling like my ass was kicked, I hadn't hurt like that in a while.

Is he right? If I just sit down and pound 3X5 or 5X5 out, is it not doing as much as if I did these slow rotations?
>>
>>41997701
I've been doing band pull aparts completely wrong. I've been holding them pretty much on my face and ripping them towards it. I still feel it in my delts, but I have no idea if it's as effective or even good for you.

I've pretty much been treating it as a facepull
>>
can i like my knees and still do weighted step ups?
>>
What do I do if I'm halfway through my routine and I'm feeling super hungry?
>>
>>41995384
The basic formula for muscle regeneration is, nutrition+rest÷time. So the sooner you get the nutrition the more your muscles can do with it.
>>
>>42001362
pack a fiber one bar or some shit next time
either that or sip some BCAAs during your workout
>>
I lost my virginity yesterday night. During the act I made out and got blow by her. I remember from sex ed that stds can be transmitted orally, so what do I do know to possibly help get rid of them early if thats possible.

Also any advice on how to ease the guilt associated with losing your virginity in a one night stand to someone you didnt even know? Ive fucked up pretty hard.
>>
File: 1498504359338.png (622KB, 680x629px) Image search: [Google]
1498504359338.png
622KB, 680x629px
How long it takes to hit 1/2/3/4? I feel like it takes at least 9 months for me.
>>
File: 1465809375914.gif (760KB, 2544x1850px) Image search: [Google]
1465809375914.gif
760KB, 2544x1850px
>>41994459
I've sprained my right patellar tendon and need to take a break from pretty much any lower body exercise for at least 2-3 weeks.
How should I work aound that? Should I just do upper body 3 times a week?

>>41994459
if you want to look like a high school kid yeah
>>
I already feel leg doms a few hours after leg day today. Is this injury? Doms has never come in this quickly in all my years of lifting
>>
3 years in, still not there
>>
>>42001889
>>42002454
>>
Hello guys, i play soccer at an okay high level, but past the last few years i'm starting to be more stiff because of weightlifting. So i'm wondering if anybody has some flexibility workout or anything that helps my flexibility.
>>
>>42000689
if by quality you mean purity, then most of the popular brands are about the same.

for example: ON is probably the most well-rounded protein brand for the price while myprotein cuts corners to deliver the same nutrition for a smaller pricetag. a scoop of myprotein is 25g with 20g of protein, whereas ON is 32g scoops with 24g of protein. Both come in at about 75-80g protein per 100g. So very very very similar in quality overall.

for FLAVOR/TEXTURE/MIXABILITY in my opinion ON blows myprotein out of the water. All 3 flavors I've had from myprotein all were sub-par at best and sucked dick at worst. Strawberry Cream tastes like fucking chemicals, somehow worse in milk than water. Chocolate Coconut tasted like coconut with horrible artificial flavors, and white choc raspberry tasted of really weak vanilla and mixed like shit. All of them didn't mix super great and even after like 2 minutes of shaking the clumps remained. The white choc raspberry was particularly bad for mixing, it would foam up like 2 inches and this was in water.

Also myprotein gets minus points for shilling here so often.
>>
>>42002606
Strawberry dream with a little milk and ice cubes literally tastes like a milk shake. It's delicious
>>
>>42002628
you are a fucking liar, that stuff is cancer in powdered form.

that said, I am extremely particular about strawberry flavored stuff, I fucking hate artificial fruit flavor.
>>
switching from ss to texas method, Whats a good alternative to back extensions on monday and whats the ebst way to implement deadlifts on friday to replace cleans?
>>
do women have boipussies?
>>
>>41999999
criminally underchecked
>>
>>42002324
>Should I just do upper body 3 times a week?
/fit/ told me that's what girls want
>>
File: 1495165326848.png (853KB, 861x889px) Image search: [Google]
1495165326848.png
853KB, 861x889px
>>41999280
>How can I safely give myself a scar?
Use a sharp object. blunt objects take too long.
>coolest place on the face to get one?
eye scars are pretty cool. If you slip, (and let's be honest, with this level of retardation you almost certainly have impaired motor skills,) You could blind yourself and save us all from your blithering.
>>
I've been lifting for around 6 months now but i've only gained two kilograms of mass, is that decent or is that not enough?
>>
>>42002794
If thats only LBM be proud of it
>>
>>42002659
Consider reading practical programming
>>
>>41998361
No worries my man, have a speedy recovery and good luck
>>42001189
The most important aspect of pull aparts will be the external rotation, so just make sure your thumbs are pointed behind you as you squeeze your shoulder blades in the end position (like in the vid).

I'd just stick with the form that Jeff shows in the vid.
>>
>>41995144
you can contract in the bench fine, you just gotta lower the weight and concentrate on the contraction at the top
You can do it with the same weight in the smith machine because it's a babby machine
>>
>>41999956
DOMS isn't indicative of a good session mate, you'll need your rest if you were planning on hitting the same muscle group(s) again
>>
>>42000143
myprotein seems to be the all around best
they have sales, I like em
https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein
with ON you're literally paying for the brand, myprotein beats it in purity and value.
dont know about taste, it's a fucking protein shake, it shouldnt taste like a milkshake, if you want it to taste good add some ice cream or fruit you fucking fairy
>>
>>42002945
>with ON you're literally paying for the brand
and flavor and mixabillity. If you don't want total shit as your protein shake don't buy myprotein.

If you don't care, then whatever bulkbuy myprotein and have a terrible tasting and mixing powder for 8 months.
>>
>>42002964
>terrible tasting and mixing powder
why are you lying anon
>>
>>42002964
there are many flavors of myprotein and they taste decent...some taste like ass, like banana, most are ok, again if you want a milkshake then there's your problem right there.
as far as purity and value you lied period, myprotein is objectively better in both than ON, which is the typical normie brand,
that's why it's pricier, because it needs to advertise to normies that just want to GET BIG
>>
>>42002976
I can't lie, only give my own viewpoint. If you truly don't care about the taste and can deal with a terrible tasting protein shake then by all means grab a 11kg bag.

Also myprotein shills the fuck outta their brand on here.

>>42002985
>as far as purity and value you lied period
how did I lie? They are basically the same purity-wise, and that's claming that there even enough impurities between the two to ever affect you. I also said nothing about value aside from ON being more expensive.
>>
>>42002997
>how did I lie? They are basically the same purity-wise
nope, nor in value https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein
it's not complete trash, but considering you're paying from 1.5 to 2 times as much, I wouldnt recommend it
it's the quintessential normie brand, I knew about it even back when I wasnt lifting, but the purity is not that great along with the price
>>
>>42003040
Oh man, that purity will totally fuck your gains brah.

>1.5 to 2 times as much money
42 bucks for 4.4 lbs of myprotein vs 57 bucks for 5 lbs of ON. (OR 60 for 6 lbs from Costco).
The price differences aren't nearly as drastic as you claim.
>>
>>41999992
Do ohp, develop delts to put the bar on.
>>
Do fat people get more skin cancers?
>>
Is 50€ for 8x0,5kg fractional plates a good deal?
>>
>>42003912

why do you need 8?
>>
>>42004058
For one, they're sold that way.
But also because that would allow me to make nice 1kg jumps.
>2x0,5 = 1
>4x0,5 = 2
>6x0,5 = 3
>8x0,5 = 4
>2x2,5 = 5
I've not yet seen 0,625kg plates to go halfway between the standard 1,25kg per side jumps.
>>
What is 1/2/3/4?
>>
What are bro splits?
>>
At what bf% do you start to see definition around your shoulders?

I'm cutting at a high deficit, so I'm just how long it'll take to get that
>>
>>42004160
Being able to do the
>Press / Bench / Squat / Deadlift
with
>1 / 2 / 3 / 4
Plates per side (45lb or 20kg)
(135 / 225 / 315 / 405 lbs, or 60 / 100 / 140 / 180 kg)
for 1 rep ("1RM")
If you can do it for more than 1 rep, it's called "for reps"
I can Press "1 Plate" (60kg) 5 times, i.e. "for reps", but I can only Squat "3 Plates" (140kg) 1 time, i.e. "1RM". And I can not Deadlift "4 Plates" (180kg) at all. So I've not yet achieved "1/2/3/4"

>>42004154
A bro split is a training routine in which you train every major muscle group only once per week. A bro split can be anywhere from 3-7 days, depending on how you split it up.
For example:
Monday: Chest + Triceps
Wednesday: Back + Biceps
Friday: Legs + Shoulders
is a simple, basic bro split.
It can get more detailed, like:
Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Arms
Wednesday: Back
Thursday: Shoulders
Friday: Legs
Saturday: Abs

It is generally not advised to train this way, unless you are using large amounts of anabolic steroids.
>>
What happened to /sig/ threads brehs? I remember seeing them pop up here back then.
>>
what would i lose if i do 8 to 10 reps only? 1-6 rep range hurts my joints.
>>
>>42004160
Assigning your workout days to certain muscle groups.
Ex.
Day 1: arms
Day 2: legs
Etc, etc.
>>
>>42004248
there's literally one up right now
>>42002678
>>
>>42004284
whoops
thanks
>>
>>41999999
JESUS THIS IS A BIG FUCKING GET
>>
Doing my first bulk right now, what are some cheap high calorie foods that are still clean? I'm having trouble reaching my goal of 3050 calories because I'm on a strict budget. Hitting protein goals just fine.
>>
>>42004529
"Clean" is a meme, a "clean" bulk is one where you don't gain fat and only muscle, not some magical "cleanliness" of the food.
For cheap calories I find pasta to be a good option, you can easily eat 200-300 grams at a time. Rice is decent though I think it ends up being more expensive than pasta, peanut butter is another obvious choice as are all nuts, though some are a bit expensive.
If you don't care about looking like an idiot you can drink olive oil, sometimes I do it in the evening if I need to hit up some more calories for the day
>>
>>42004529
Eggs and chicken or pork for protein sources.
Peanut or almond butter for fats.
Bulk rolled oats (plain oatmeal) grits, sweet potato, whole grain pasta, brown rice for carbs.
I'm on 4,000 a day my groceries cost me $60 a week.
>>
>>42004617
Do you understand the difference between a dirty and a clean bulk?
Clean bulking is eating low glycemic carbs and nutrient dense foods to minimize fat gains. Dirty bulking is essentially overeating and eating fast food, simple carbs, etc.
It makes a huge difference.
>>
>>42004529
Here's my meal plan.
Meal 1: 7 eggs, 5 whites, 1/2 cup oats, two slices of whole GRAIN (not wheat) bread.
Meal 2: 1 can of tuna, 1/2lb sweet potato, 1/2 cup of oats.
Meal 3: (pre workout) 7 eggs, 1cup oats, two tablespoons peanut butter.
Meal 4: (post workout shake) two cups almond milk, one scoop whey, 1 banana, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1 packet of instant oatmeal(the ones with sugar added), 1 tbsp ground flax seed.
Meal 5: 12oz chicken breast, 1 cup broccoli, 1/2lb sweet potato.
Marcos somewhat like this..
Calories 4000
Protein 260g
Carbs 375g
Fats 100g
>>
>>41999999
Does Cirno lift?
>>
If I say that I'm curling 10kg dumbbells, does that include the extra 1kg of the dumbbell bar? Or do we not include the bar itself when we say how much we're lifting?
>>
>>42004732
Include the bar.
>>
>>42004243
Thank you so much man. You may never see the appreciation, but know you enlightened this anon.

For anyone else, a follow up question:
What is wrong with bro splitting? Why only on steroids?
>>
>>42004243
Isn't press and bench the same thing? Fuck I'm stupid
>>
>>42004832
Press is over head press (ohp)
>>
>>42004846
Oh fuck thanks, ok that makes way more sense.
>>
>>41994459
Is it normal to feel like a slob on my 2 rest days every week?
>>
>>41997436
Are you stupid? You breathe into your lungs.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170624-150911.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170624-150911.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
Doing PHUL, 5 times a week for a bit now, eating a bit over tree, going to the beach in mid September. Should I change to 3 times a week full body and start a slow cut or will I lose all muscle?
>>
>>42005168
what muscle
you're twink enough to gain muscle while dropping 2kg/month
>>
>>41995865
I'm not a physio, but I have dealt with lots of physios because I have have had ongoing shoulder impingement for three years. Bent over rows are generally fine, but you should definitely drop 20 kilos and bring the weight back up progressively. Strengthening the back does wonders to ease shoulder injuries, but any arm movement will put strain on your tendons, so just be aware of this and prepared to stop working out if you feel any heat, tightness or soreness in your shoulder.
>>
>>41996683
My bad, didn't read this part.
>>41997701 's post seems solid, I've used bands too. If you're getting full on pain in the joint, you probably shouldnt be working that area with heavy weights until it subsides.
>>
What is ideal order of ppl?
Thinking of trying pull/push/legs rest repeat
>>
>>42004811
The thing with bro-splitting as a natty lifter is that your muscle protein synthesis ("building muscle") lasts at most 72 hours (3 days). By waiting a whole week before training the same muscle again, you are essentially wasting time.
>but I'm sore for a whole week
Soreness does not equal (or even imply) muscle growth. It's just connective tissue damage. Which is caused by doing a lot of volume of probably mostly isolation exercises. (Lifting for "the pump") You shouldn't be getting sore after the first few workouts.

Steroids basically allow you to train sub-optimally while still making good gains.

Of course the way you train depends on your goals, but there is still no reason to do a bro split.
The reason bro splits seem to work is because the people doing them are either
>beginners
>on steroids
Both these groups can do literally ANYTHING and they will grow.

For most lifters, and I would say especially beginners, it's best to do a structured program, with a reasonable progression system, centered around barbell compound lifts, that trains every muscle group multiple times per week.

The complexity and individuality of such a program is related to how advanced the lifter is.
A Novice should do a program that is
>general - It's the same regardless of your goals. Bodybuilder, Powerlifter, Weightlifter, Rugby Player... doesn't matter
>simple - a few lifts in one or two set/rep ranges. Barbell Compounds for sets of 5 or 3.
>basic - It's the same whether you're tall, short, fat, thin, office worker or carpenter. You're weak and need to get strong.

An Advanced lifter requires a program that is
>specific - A pro wrestler has different needs than an amateur bodybuilder.
>complex - There will be different exercises at different times with different weights in different rep ranges.
>individual - Advanced lifters have individual imbalances and weaknesses that need to be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
>>
Is this overkill for an intermediate chest day?

>dumbbell bench
>dumbbell incline
>cable crossover
>dips
>pullovers
>>
>>42005692
You're doing it wrong if you have a "chest day"
>>
File: 1495555516800.jpg (82KB, 877x793px)
1495555516800.jpg
82KB, 877x793px
I never used brotein powder, i used to get enough protons from food i prepared. I have new job now however and not as much time in my schedule to prep food. I want to buy some unflavored whey powder, which brand would you recommend?
>>
Best trap/upper back movements that arent deadlifts/rackpulls/shrugs?
>>
>>42005708
It's my push day- just asking for advice specifically for the chest portion
>>
File: t3_67h0ef.jpg (77KB, 632x500px) Image search: [Google]
t3_67h0ef.jpg
77KB, 632x500px
>>41994459
I keep getting hurt and stepping out of the gym to recover from squats and diddles because I can't fuking keep my pelvis in proper alignment without rounding my lower back since I have APT. Someone help me!
>>
Just listened to a podcast with Mark Rippetoe where he says that for strength training you need to eat 4000 calories

If you're a muscleless skinnyfat dyel, how true or how meme is this? Everyone says to do a clean bulk, I.e. 300~ over TDEE, which for only 3 times go to the gym with a beginner program, tdee is probably around the 2300-2600 range, right? There's a massive gap between that and what Rippetoe says.
>>
>>42005759
squats:
>shove your knees out
>switch to highbar
>lift more weight
>wear olyp. weightlifting shoes with heels
>stretch soleus
>stretch hamstrings
>stretch adductors
>no hip drive

deadlifts:
>deload
>stretch hamstrings
>squiiiiiize your chest up (go for that great stretch in the glutes right before pulling)
>>
>>42005812
Rippletoe was probably not talking about muscleless skinnyfats in that case, and even that 4k calories is for maybe 5-10% of the lifting populous. Most people will never need more than a 500 calorie surplus, and most people would benefit more from a 200-350 surplus.

>>42005719
Unflavored? Probably myprotein. You don't care about flavor/mixability so just go for whatever is proven and cheap, cheapest being MyProtein.
>>
>>42005812
he wants you to get strong as fast as possible wich may not be the best way
in starting strength he writes that you shouldn't go higher than 19% bf and finish the program somewhere between 15-17%
fyi a daily 500cal surplus leads to gaining 2kg/month
personally I follow candito in this regard:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIX-RyorgkQ
>>
File: IMG_20170702_140131.jpg (38KB, 510x580px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170702_140131.jpg
38KB, 510x580px
You can't see really well in the picture, but i have some stretch marks in that area in my armpits. What could be causing them? Is it chest? shoulders? what?
>>
File: 179-10.jpg (744KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
179-10.jpg
744KB, 2560x1440px
Drinking water with meals..

why are people saying it is bad to do so?
>>
>>42005719
myprotein is pretty good

though for unflavoured literally just get the cheapest they will all taste fine if you mix it with milk
>>
>>41994459
Should I use creatine during my cut?
>>
>>42006278
Yes
>>
Hambeast here, lost 60 pounds through putting down the fork and 30 minutes on the elliptical at least 5 days a week, want to add some variety to my exercise so I was thinking of investing in a heavy bag/stand and gloves as I've been reading it's fantastic cardio/muscle building, plus I've always wanted to try my hand at learning to throw a punch. Good idea or no?

Some have told me I should just fork over for a gym membership somewhere if I want a bag workout but the way I see it the fewer steps I have between me and exercising the better, gives my fat ass less of an excuse.
>>
if i want to gain muscle but not get fat should i buy iso or regular whey?
>>
Does it make a difference if I get my protein before or after the gym? I had about 100g 2hrs before working out; is taking a 50g post shake necessary, or is my body still processing the protein I had from before and making use of the whole post workout window thing?
>>
>>42006469
There's not much difference, regular has like 100 cals per 25g, isolate has 90. Buy regular and use money you've saved to buy leaner meat.
>>
File: IMG_6079.jpg (43KB, 424x747px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6079.jpg
43KB, 424x747px
240 -> 180
in 4 months

Bf% estimate?

Also do I have a barrel chest and/or gyno? I've lost a lot of fat in every area except my man boobs.

Also general tips please on what I should be working on. My weight loss has been majority thanks to diet change w/ minor struggles w/ eating disorder.
>>
>>42006443
Watch proper bag punching techniques
Heavier bags tend to be harder on knucles than lighter ones
Gym for bag workout is not really smart unless its a huge place since you need plenty of space to move and strafe around the bag (legwork is just as needed as punching with heavy bags)
>>
post the essentials of your shopping list.
>>
How do I improve my benching form? when I bench i feel slight pain in my elbows and shoulders which cause me to stop even though my chest feels fine. also it feels incredibly odd when my elbows fully extend

is it because i'm not pinching my shoulders back? how do i do that?
>>
there's a chick with a lot of red flags.
But I'm fucking desperate.
wat do.

>tattoos
>piercings
>smokes pot
>smokes cigs
>drinks
>parties a lot
>takes other drugs
>seems to be dumb as a brick

but on the other hand

>supposedly still a virgin
>has a job, a flat, a car
>actually trying to get her drug habits fixed
>texted a bit, seemed like a normal person - but in real life, kinda loud and trashy
>>
>>42006548
Just keep going faggot, 4 months are nothing
>>
>>42006519
Nutrient timing is very far down the list in order of importance. Just get enough for the day and you'll be fine.
>>
>>42006700
>textbook daddy issues
What the fuck
How did you come up with this conclusion?
>>
>>42006746
She literally said it on three separate occasions more or less out of context.
>>
>>42006700
If that's the lifestyle you want, go for it I guess. Don't expect her to change or be anything she's not tho
>>
>>42006813
> current year
> believing what party girls say
>>
>>42006813
Girls understand excessive promiscuous behave is looked down upon by men when looking for a meaningful relationship. Wanting to be perceived one way but acting the polar opposite is unfortunately a common trait in women. If you want to just fuck then go for it
>>
>>42006700
Sounds like a fun fuckbuddy, but stay the fuck away from anything beyond that.

Bro...
>>
>>42006531
the problem is i dont have money to buy leaner meat, a friend told me to buy regular because i only have 5 months to gain muscle and iso was going to take a loong time for me to get muscle
>>
>>41994513
Are you eating at a surplus? How long have you been in ketosis?
I'm doubting the idea that you can build sufficient amount of muscle on keto without carbs. They help a bit in protein synthesis, and of course will give you sufficient energy to work out efficiently. As for cardio, I'm not sure. There was a study done on cyclists that showed little to no decrease in their performance when on keto for 4 weeks. I'm not sure if it'll have a negative effect longer down the road.
I'd suggest sticking with keto to lose whatever weight you want and not worry too much about losing gains. You'll get them back quickly once you start back on a normal diet
>>
>>41995406
Check Walmart, used sports stores, and keep an eye out for yard sales. There's a place called Play It Again Sports near where I live that I bought used pl8s from for $0.69/lb
>>
>>41996715
It's okay, I love you no matter what. Work on lats and grow those puppies as wide as you can. Rows (any variation), heavy underhand pull downs, weighted chins, and wide grip pull downs helped me develop a pretty decent back
>>
>>42006700
I find hard to believe shes not blatantly joking on your face about it and you didnt get it as a autist
But go prove us wrong, poping her cherry will make her like, respect and tolerate you assuming shes not mentally broken yet
>>
Run on an empty stomach? Yes or no?
>>
>>41998719
Try aiming for always hitting around +200-300 calories a day, you're not really going to get fat but your lifts and noob gains will go up. GSLP lacks volume, but as a beginner volume isn't exactly sometime you need. Just make sure you're hitting each muscle group twice a week, eating enough, lifting with intensity, sleeping, and you'll be ok bb
>>
>>41999037
I do some row every day and have seen good trap and back development, the only issue I've had is that it kills my lower back. Limit yourself to only doing bent over row twice a week with the rest being some variation like seated cable or chest supported. Glad to see someone loving rows as much as I do bb
>>
>>42005738
Nope, nothing really wrong with it. Enough volume that you'll see chest gains for sure, but your bench will suffer a bit. Might take a couple of weeks to go up in weight instead of every week/every session. Although I personally don't see the usefulness in pullovers, other than getting a nice stretch at the end of a workout
>>
>>42005725
Only did this once, so I can't say for sure. It did give me a good pump though. I recently just started adding in rows while laying on an incline bench. Pretty much lay down on it with the angle set at 45°, get your chest above the head rest, and pull a barbell toward your neck/face, focusing mainly on squeezing your traps. AlphaDestiny actually does something similar with a dumbbell and no bench, a sort of dumbbell row facepull
>>
>>42007850
I do 1k repeats every Friday morning on an empty stomach cos I feel too bloated if I eat anything substantial beforehand. I'll have a strong black coffee and a banana, which gives me enough energy.

I'm pretty sure it makes no difference if you run on an empty stomach or not, just depends on your personal preference.
>>
I have a VERY small amount of fat in my butt so it's really flat. Would doing butt exercises make my butt hard and muscle-y instead of soft and feminine?
>>
gonna be out of the gym for at least the next week

how best to preserve gains?
>>
>>41994459
Why everytime i start doing diet for loss some weight i got terrible headaches for days ? i cut in sugars, hc, and fat, and gotterrible headaches, why?
>>
just started an ec stack and lost 10.2 lbs in a week (4.6 kg)

is this a cause for concern?
>>
File: IMG_20170702_140201.jpg (133KB, 914x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170702_140201.jpg
133KB, 914x1280px
Just started with trying to get fit
What does my BF% look like? I'm thinking 20-25%, but every test I take puts me at 10-15%, which seems wrong
>>
>>42008503
Just low muscle mass, maybe. Using calipers?

look closer to 20 but if you don't have anything underneath it wont take much to look that way.
>>
How long would it take me to get from 15 to 10% BF when I'm not following a crash diet? 6 weeks?
>>
How should I train on a cut? Should I lower the volume and focus on strenght?
>>
How do I get my pecs to have more of a shape and "pop" out more? From the side you can tell but from the front they just look flat. Im probably around 25% bodyfat. Could the fat just be the issue?
>>
>>42008797
Fat is part of the issue, not the only part though. Keep training chest hard and lower your body fat.
>>
I have around 16% BF with 172lbs and 5'11", I eat around 1800kcal and I don't think I can go any lower then that. I do ride a bike to work (2x7.5mi per day). Would it be easier for me to hit 10-12%BF if I go for a bulk, gain some more muscle and then shred down?
>>
fat fuck here, how is http://www.gym-talk.com/reg-park-5x5-routine/ as a routine?
I'm also going to a dietitian because I'm smart but lazy American and can't make my own diet
>>
>>42009157
do intermittent fasting, count your macros and calories, you'll save some money on those bullshit dieticians
t. former fat fuck here, dropped 50lbs and stayed lean for 5 years now
>>
>did OHP and deadlifts in the morning
>during workout it was fine, in the evening started to have neck pain, still the case 24h later, though less than before, so i expect it to be gone in a few days or so

in terms of future, what to do to avoid recurrence? what form error it might have been because of?
>>
>>42009196
I got this by checking myself out in the mirror. Also your grip may be too wide
>>
>>42009210
I meant grip in OHP
>>
>>42009189
but thats the best part about having money
I can pay other people to organize things for me
>>
>>42009210
okay thanks. both issues might apply in my case. should i avoid looking at mirror at all, or should i just take it more easy, as in neck more relaxed?
>>
Can someone explain the difference between eating less calories vs burning calories through cardio?
For example: Eating 2500 calories and doing cardio to burn calories down to 2000 VS eating 2000 calories. What is the difference ?
>>
>>42009258
just take it easy with turning your head, especially with deadlift where your neck is heavily involved.
>>
>>42009261
w/ cardio you get the benefit of cardiovascular fitness. and if you otherwise don't lift also some small muscle gains. but if you hit the gym the differences in terms of aesthetics are marginal.
>>
Is it possible to bulk on keto?
>>
File: 1469555781183.jpg (15KB, 250x240px) Image search: [Google]
1469555781183.jpg
15KB, 250x240px
>decide that eating an undisciplined diet while lifting is just making me look fatter because the fat stacks on top of the muscle

>start calorie counting, eating TDEE - 500

While my lifts are steadily going up and I'm getting stronger, I'm getting sore again and its taking me longer to recover.

What gives? I'm getting 1-1.3g/day of protein from whey + chicken/tuna, but after a few months of not getting sore no matter how hard I worked out the past week I've been feeling more and more exhausted.

Do I need to change my diet or slow down on the lifting?
>>
>>42009666
I had the same problem my first cut. Make sure your diet is getting enough vitamins in it. I started eating some lower-sugar cereals every day because they're packed full of B6 and B12. After a couple days this stopped happening to me.
>>
>>42009666
>1-1.3g/day of protein
How do you expect to make gains off of that little protein? Bare minimum is ~50g/day
>>
What does a 6'0" body that can do 1/2/3/4 look like?
>>
Should I do cardio as skinnyfat? I started lifting three weeks ago so I'm hoping I'll lose the weight through lifting since I hate cardio. (I'm eating at maintenance)
>>
>>42009883
think he means 1-1.3/lbs per day
>>
>>42002945
What about NOW isolate? I've thinking on getting their unflavored protein (I'm cutting) they are well ranked too on labdoor.
>>
Best lat exercises? I want to improve on my pull ups
>>
Any of you guys work physically demanding jobs? I just started a new job as a delivery driver, working 10-12 hour days and I'm wondering how best to keep up. Currently running a PPL but I may drop to something that's only 4-5 days a week
>>
outside low bf%, how can I make my V-line/adonis belt pop out more?
>>
Before starting a strength program, I was wondering is there such thing as a routine lift that combines both strength training and hypertrophy so I can have both big and strong muscles?
>>
>>42011438
do heavy compounds and add some acessory in there

that was what I did and worked for me, also remove squats from deadlift day or enjoy your t rex quads, no point in squatting 3x week
>>
>>42011369
I work 10 hrs at a rug factory lifting hundreds of 15-80 lb rugs a day, I'm usually beat after work but find the gym exciting and in some ways more relaxing than work. It's certainly a gains goblin but it makes me money to lift as well. I recommend PHUL
>>
>>42011305
Negative Pullups after finishing your pullups.

Pullups are stalled not just by lats, but very often by the brachioradialis in your upper forearm, which is best trained by pullups.

If you want to work on your lats without pullups, do any type of row.

If you want to improve your pullups, do negatives as if they are drop sets at the end of your pullup session. If you can't do a pullup, do body rows and negative pullups. Lat pulldown is also an option, but don't expect it to help as rapidly.
>>
>>42011391
Leg raises, planks
>>
>>42008500
The caffeine probably made you piss out water weight.
>>
>>42010123
Yes, cardio always helps. Don't believe the gain goblins meme. Unless you run for more than like 2.5 hours a week
>>
25% Body fat and starting SS

I should cut while SS and not bulk, right?
>>
>>41994459
Going off of this- what should I wear to lift in general?
I've been swimming for a while now, but I'm going to lift with someone else tomorrow. First time I'll have done anything of the sort since some middle school class I took. I'm so clueless.
>>
>>42011517
Cut while 25% bf
>>
>>42010030
Wish I could help, I'm only 5'7. CBT has plenty to super strong 6' guys
>>
I'm a beginner, and a few of the simple programs I've seen online don't really seem to group certain muscles together. For example, an ABA BAB program would have deadlifts and pullups on A and then rows on B. Why would you work back on both days? Right now I'm doing dl, pull ups, and rows on one day and squats, bench, and ohp on the other. Why do some programs incorporate the same muscle groups on both days, instead of keeping them mostly separate?
>>
>>42011555
it doesn't really matter, just something that doesn't restrict mobility. I would recommend cargo shorts and a polo, at least that's what most people wear
>>
I started SL 5x5 recently from ground zero, and I've been enjoying it and experiencing the initial benefits starting with the empty bar.

But the more research I do to try to improve my form the more scared I get that I'm just really doing everything really, really wrong because I don't have the flexibility for it. Is doing the plates under heels thing acceptable for squats, or should I avoid that? When doing deadlifts with low weight, is it super important to raise the bar a little bit with other weights on the ground?

I've actually been working hard on my ankle mobility, but straight up think something's fucked up with my ankles genetically. They've always been really inflexible and the most I can get is like my knee 2 inches in front of the toes.
>>
>>42011660
What you're doing is a push/pull split. The other way you mentioned is a fullbody with a horizontal/vertical split.

To my knowledge, there's no correct answer as to which one is better. The push/pull scheme allows you to exhaust the muscle group fully. The h/v split allows you to work muscles as agonist pairs, so that all muscle groups in your body get worked in the same workout.

I do a mixture. I do all of my pulling on Sunday
>deadlift
>pullup
>row
then an all-push routine on Monday.
>ohp
>squat
>bench

Then I do the a fullbody on Wednesday
>deadlift
>bench
>pullup

and the other fullbody on Friday consisting of
>ohp
>row
>squat

Each day has accessories as well.
>>
>>41994459
Where is the best place in my routine for shrugs? Should it be the last exercise of the day? Before or after lateral raises?

Example day:
>squat
>bench
>pendlay row
>skullcrusher
>curls
>lateral raises
Where would you fit in the shrugs?
>>
I'm a beginner that's been lifting for a month and a half with 5x5 stronglifts, but am progressing very slowly and not at all like I should. 5'10'' 150 lb as of now. Started at 138 lb. I've put on more than enough weight so I feel like I'm eating enough. Is there anything else that could be causing this stagnation?
>>
Best Liquid chalk product? Best glove for lifting?

I can't get regular chalk in my area
>>
>>42011680
I don't have a polo except for my work shirt, is a Hawaiian shirt okay? Like, a short sleeve collared button down? It's quite big on me so I should have a lot of mobility.
>>
Will exercising on rowing machine help me do pull ups?
>>
File: 1494447892576.jpg (453KB, 885x542px) Image search: [Google]
1494447892576.jpg
453KB, 885x542px
whats a simple way of progression for ohp? I'm stuck at 60 lbs dumbbells for a set of 7 should i do 5x5 with it. Im also on ppl so on push days im thinking of doing 5x5 for a weak then switch it up and add weight. i will be doing 5X3 with the 65 lbs and on the third weak add in reps untill i get too 5x5 or 3X5 when im done with that im going do 1X 10 with 60 lbs then reset the cycle with a bit heavier weight is this a good idea

pic related im a manlet and thats what the manlet pits at my gym look like.
>>
Beginner hitting the gym for the first time, stuck at a Planet Fitness until uni starts back up again. How fucked am I for using the smith machine for DL/bench press/squat etc?
>>
>>41999999
checked m8
>>
>>42002780
kek
>>
>>42012121
I was just joking my dude. Please don't wear a hawaiian shirt to the gym (or cargo shorts)
>>
File: IMG_2976.jpg (286KB, 1026x872px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2976.jpg
286KB, 1026x872px
>>42012460
I was kidding too, but thanks for looking out for me, familia!
>>
Can I gain muscle and lose weight at the same time? I am at 174 lbs 5'9. Should I go for bulking or cutting diet?
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.