[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vegan General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 28

File: 454_weird.jpg (595KB, 2100x2100px) Image search: [Google]
454_weird.jpg
595KB, 2100x2100px
Thread for all vegans and people interested in the vegan lifestyle.

Vegetarians allowed as long as they won't push their morally unacceptable diets.

Meat eaters (aka rapists and murderers of animals) NOT ALLOWED
>>
Eeva is a little mouse who lives in a big house that is not suitable for a little mouse
>>
>>41969182
>It's another "meat eater falseflagging as a vegan and creates an obnoxiously aggressive and pointless thread to paint vegans in a bad light" thread
>>
>>41969198
I will NOT accept any nonvegans. You people are rapists and murderers. Your diet is responsible for slowly killing our planet and using almost all of our water.

Fuck off and kill yourself if you ever dared to harm an animal.
>>
>>41969198
this
>>
>>41969223
posts about reporting others get you banned
>>
>>41969229
Hasn't got me banned yet you gyno-donning faggot
>>
>>41969232
kys you cow raping my 600lbs life participant
>>
>>41969210
Well, this is basically why I almost never tell anyone I'm vegan except if it's really, really necessary. I feel embarrassed about belonging to a group of angry hippies with no self control. I don't believe that tone of voice is going to change anything at all. People won't try veganism when they get shouted at.

Instead, try inspiring. Try using your knowledge for something good. I usually invite friends or family over for dinner and serve delicious vegan food. People can relate to that and have a higher chance of actually giving veganism a try.
>>
>>>/lgbt/

daily reminder all vegans return to eating meat at some point
>>
https://discord.gg/m7TZNn
Come here me boi ,
This is the meatcuck's graveyard where they comes to die and be reborn as enlightened human bean .
>>
File: carrot.jpg (87KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
carrot.jpg
87KB, 576x768px
>Eating plant-based diet for ethical and health reasons
>Eating meat is metal as fuck

What do I do
>>
>>41969198
Yeah this. There have been many "vegan generals" lately and they all start with an aggressive OP followed by those shitty strawman pictures. Probably the same guy making all of them.
>>
I was actually starting a vegan diet. I'm one day one, I figured I'd try it for a week and see how I feel. After
>>
>>41969182
>okay for animals to eat other animals
>not okay for humans to eat other animals
I do not understand the mind of the vegan
>>
>>41969346
I've found that eating animal products only once a week has amplified my enjoyment of them. I realize eating eggs and cheese and meat every day was pretty retarded on my health and wallet. Once a week, brahs.
>>
>>41969375
Okay for animal because it's the only way they can stay alive;

Not okay for us because we have access to a better , cheaper , more health and earth friendly alternative .
>>
File: 1498248959379.jpg (194KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1498248959379.jpg
194KB, 1280x1280px
>>41969375
>>
>>41969210
>murderers
i agree but i mostly try to eat meat that comes from grass fed cows

conventional farms are horrible i agree, but atleast grass fed cows live a much better life than conventional farms

fuck that, i dont mind murdering for my food, but i would like the animal to life a somewhat decent life
>>
i too enjoy being an insufferable cunt
>>
HI, i'm a vegatarian
>>
File: 1459418469228.jpg (100KB, 682x600px) Image search: [Google]
1459418469228.jpg
100KB, 682x600px
>being vegan
>>
That's so amazing OP you're really a superior amazing human being, theres a special place in heaven for you.
>>
>>41969182
oh look, it's this thread again
>>
>>41969394
epic argument bro
>humans are omnivores
>worked our way up the food chain
>some sissy cries about us hurting poor animals on the internet

Go take your supplements tumblr
>>
>>41969182
only thing that makes me not vegan is that i eat eggs so im vegatarian
>>
>>41969385
I second that.
Go raw vegan on the week (IF18/6) and eat "normal" on Weekends (IF23/1), feels good and i get everything that i need in a superficcient amount.
>>
>>41970388
Hey, i'm on that same boat anon.
>>
>>41970256
>Eating food that destroy the world as fast as possible
>>
>>41969182
I am vegan and I cannot stand meat eaters. All of you are dumb, degenerate scum that cannot think on their own and parrot everything they hear from their retarded parents and friends.

I've realized that as soon as someone starts to debate you with real facts about the vegan diet you're at a loss of words and try to distract me with your meme arguments only mentally challenged "people" like you can come up with.

Start debating me and you'll want to be vegan yourself. Even you will see the truth.
>>
>>41970377
Why hurting animals when you literally have thousands of other products that can easily avoid that? I am legitimately curious, tell me whats stopping you from just trying a vegan diet and Ill try to help you
>>
These comics are so stupid and condescending, no wonder everyone fucking hates vegans
>>
>>41970686

Look dude, you're going about this all wrong. You're trying to plant a moral dilemma about it. I get it. Animals get hurt to fuel the meat industry. With that argument, you're only going to convince the people that might care about that. Don't make it about morality, make it about health. As it stands, I can eat very healthily with meat. So why change that?
>>
>>41970676
Real fact: without livestock aka chickens and cows, our fields will be leached of any nutritional value. So vegan farming actually hurts the planet just as much as mono-cropping :) plants, animals and humans are part of the same triangle of agricultural and without animal by products such as shit piss and death, your soil goes to shit.

Read a book, owait you can't cuz their made from trees
>>
>>41970797
meat isn't healthy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VubRDVdPKyU
>>
Daily reminder that if you care about the "feelings" of animals, you've watched too many Bambi movies
>>
>>41970830
That's not how agriculture works and feedlots are literally devastating the environment on a dozen different levels, including with the waste products.
>>
>>41970855
but humans are animals?
>>
>>41970797
Because its easier than most people think, I guarantee you that. Im not saying you should go vegan overnight or that youre a murderer or rapist (not that type of vegan lol), but why not trying? You said you dont care about animals, I can understand that. Why dont you try doing it for health then? I dont doubt that you feel healthy and fine eating meat now (I guess youre young), but later on theres a high possibility that it will catch up. Animal products for the most part are not healthy, especially meat (and especially so red meat). My question is: why not trying to go a day without meat, then a day without meat AND dairy and so on and then see if its doable? There are so many good alternatives you wont ever want to go back, Im sure of that. And youll feel better than ever
>>
File: copypasteinthemaking.jpg (385KB, 1528x1120px) Image search: [Google]
copypasteinthemaking.jpg
385KB, 1528x1120px
>>41969182
go away reddit

https://pastebin.com/kLtkMM4w
>>
>>41970890
So you actually are going to spam that retarded infograph/pastebin from now on?
>>
>>41970900
Do you think that we need your insane opinions on this? Its mostly whole and completed and the people visiting your threads are not all insane. Those are the ones who are on the fence or just dont know about the simple fact that we are omnivores. Those I want to talk to.

You can just die for all I care lol.
>>
>>41970937
Literal retardation, as expected of /fit/.
>>
>>41970951
literal butthurt, as expected from the denialist veggiefags. Even if you drag your veganist subreddit into this place, your members still will read these things. And then your zealotry and whatever wont make up for the fact that they are still individuals, who also may look to find the truth about the world, life in general.
>>
>>41970937
humans are not omnivores
>>
File: 1467145570107.png (467KB, 1754x2480px) Image search: [Google]
1467145570107.png
467KB, 1754x2480px
>>41970981
>quotation needed

also, literally modern science, from darwin, through the early industrial revolution, beyond that and then to the modern age. Nobody has disputed this fact.

We are omnivores.

Perhaps in dealing with you veggiefags one should remember one additional variable: The fact that you guys have high rates of mental instability. To persuade you of something as such a simple to prove truth, would mean having to undo the cloud of insanity that is your brain. Too far away from anything like the scientific standards, or even the socratic methods.

sage
>>
Evidence is accruing that phytoestrogens may have protective action against diverse health disorders, such as prostate, breast, bowel, and other cancers, cardiovascular disease, brain function disorders and osteoporosis,[1][8][9][10]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytoestrogens
???
>>
>>41971033
look man, when I was down on my luck, I also thought "well the keto diet must be really good, ketosis, shit that sounds neat" and then tried to do something that is extremely unnatural and unhealthy.

The hardest part of life is sometimes just admitting that radical changes are not needed. The best diet, the truth about how to live ones life was right there infront of me. In the standard, dietary guidelines made by the gov. Who also support the fact that we are omnivores.

Why waste your time that has so little benefits in life? And so many downsides when you could just be normal? Find a different hobby, find a wife. Get more normal friends, just let go of this pure insanity.
>>
>>41971073
> In the standard, dietary guidelines made by the gov.
The ones that are literally funded by the industry but still suggest to cut down on sat fat and cholesterol which would mean a huge limit on meat/dairy?
>>
>>41971015
>also, literally modern science, from darwin, through the early industrial revolution, beyond that and then to the modern age. Nobody has disputed this fact.

>quotation neeeded

also, saying that because something hasn't been disputed that it's therefore correct is just an appeal to popularity fallacy.
>>
this thread is full of gays, and heavy traumatized people with a lot of money and family problems

as in for me, brb ripping animals with my teeth and drink their blood ;)
>>
>>41971085
well the average american does indeed consume too much, but you are not an average american are you? Even tho you may be insane, you still have a few neurons higher than average. It shouldnt be too hard to figure out how to eat a good omnivore diet.

Srsly, do you know how easy it makes life when you know that you are at the optimal diet and no longer have to experiment, or persuade other people to do it? You could actually do other things in life.

Instead of trying to shill for a veganism horsecrap thing, you could just try to teach people about the glycemic index, about sports reducing LDL and a bunch of other things that they should be doing anyhow.

You are wasting all of your hours, all of your time on lies and dead ends. If you actually understand all of this, helping people find the diet that actually works feels good to do as some form of community service.

But noo, the moment you read these words somekind of internal bell goes of and you flip right back into insanity modo.
>>
>>41971135
>Srsly, do you know how easy it makes life when you know that you are at the optimal diet and no longer have to experiment, or persuade other people to do it?
We literally do not know what the ideal diet is. If we knew the entire field of nutrition would be obsolete.

Also I said limit not eliminate you drumpf. Go autistic-spam-mode on someone else.
>>
>>41971126
>people with a lot of money
false
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt6dj7rQ818
>>
>>41971154
>We literally do not know what the ideal diet is. If we knew the entire field of nutrition would be obsolete.

we do know what diets do not work and are not good for us though. Like eating sand, vegetarianism is on par with the sand eating diet. Nearly the same nutritional value it has too.
>>
I love dairy, and although I find it personally important to respect that something had to die to eat meat, I do in fact like eating the flesh of animals, do it reasonably often, and think it is a natural part of human diet. However, I think all this anti soy faggotry needs to stop. It's a good cheap source of protein.
>>
File: veganism.png (23KB, 662x488px) Image search: [Google]
veganism.png
23KB, 662x488px
>>41969182
>>41969394
> every vegan sidekick comic
>>
>>41970539
>Go raw vegan on the week
Eat whole vegan foods, but RAW vegan is fucking crazy
>>
>>41971442
The comics are obnoxious but the arguments are true. The cheese on the pizza is at the expense of the subjugation and suffering of a sentient being, that's why it is shit, that's why we want you to stop liking what we don't like.
>>
>>41971883
We metabolize animal proteins better than plant proteins. We've evolved to consume meat more than plants, which is evident by our incisors, small bellies, forward-facing eyes, and other hallmark characteristics of predators. We did more hunting than gathering, and our bodies are still tuned as such. Yes, this basically the argument from the paleo diet. It's the most sensible from an evolutionary biology perspective.
>>
>>41971930
>We metabolize animal proteins better than plant proteins. We've evolved to consume meat more than plants
[citation needed]
Humans ate a huge amount of fruits and vegetables compared to a very low amount of meat (guess what plants can't run away and don't resist eating). Also lots of meat fucks with your gut flora and is directly linked to cancer.
>>
>>41969182
Are you going to splurge this 4th of July weekend? I am not looking forward to being around family as a fatass. I was 40 pounds lighter last year. I doubt I will be able to sneak a sufficient amount of booze to cope.
>>
>>41971883
So being vegan has nothing to do with a diet, it's an ideology that your pushing. That's why everyone hates you because your no better than those fucking people that knock on my door on Saturday morning asking about Jesus
>>
>>41971952
I forgot to mention the carbs from veganism has made me gain all this weight. How do poor people on this diet not get fat?
>>
>>41971965
Yes bruh it's the evil carbs and not your lack of willpower and laziness.

tips : Oreo are not bad because they're full of evil carb ;) .
>>
>Thread for people interested in the vegan lifestyle
>Meat eaters NOT ALLOWED
What is a cult?
>>
>>41971965
>poor people
>getting fat
>>
File: behindthispost.jpg (6KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
behindthispost.jpg
6KB, 300x360px
>>41971952
>>41971965
Good goy. Just eat more carbs like the food pyramid tells you. Humans were made to eat little protein. That stuff gives you cancer, you know. Don't buy eggs, buy more soy and grains.
>>
>>41971990
>Humans were made to eat little protein
That's actually true though. Why else does human breast milk, the food evolutionary designed for the most crucial growth stage, have very little protein?
>>
>>41971990
>Implying the "grain and soy industry" doesn't get 70+% of it's revenue from feeding cattle .

You're the one getting jewed .
>>
>>41971990
I don't want man tits, sorry
>>
>>41971987
I eat rice and tofu and fruit like your ilk told me to. It's just not working out. I've gained weight and I've developed eczema or something similar on my face.
>>
I am white, therefore it is in my genetics to eat lots and lots of animals

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/03/europeans-genes-fat-neanderthals_n_5083408.html
>>
>>41969375
It ISN'T okay for animals to kill, but we humans need to clean our own house before we can intervene in nature.
>>
>>41969198
this

threadly reminder that OP is a fag
>>
>>41972041
>It ISN'T okay for animals to do what's necessary to live
>>
File: shiitake_photo.png (47KB, 210x180px) Image search: [Google]
shiitake_photo.png
47KB, 210x180px
>>41971990
Dunno why people shit their pants about protein. Everyone, vegan and normal alike, needs to eat loads more mushrooms.

> The proteins in shiitake are composed of 18 types of amino acids, including 7 of the 8 essential amino acids in a ratio similar to the 'ideal protein' for humans. Of these amino acids, shiitake is especially rich in leucine and lysine, which are deficient in many grains. For people on a vegetarian diet, shiitake represents an excellent protein supplement.
http://www.gmushrooms.com/MushroomInformation/ShiitakeNutrition.htm

>Approximate analyses of mushroom protein (Pleurotus sp.) revealed that it contains 2.78% protein and 0.14% nonprotein nitrogen on a fresh-weight basis. A total of 17 amino acids, including all the essential amino acids, were qualitatively identified. Quantitative estimation of essential amino acids showed that, except for methionine and phenylalanine, all are in fairly high concentration. From these studies, it was concluded that the supplementation of this mushroom with cereal diet would help to overcome lysine deficiency.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1057970/
>>
File: scooby.png (19KB, 628x180px) Image search: [Google]
scooby.png
19KB, 628x180px
Why do vegans always whine about shit that isn't fitness related in these threads? Is it because it's an extreme diet that isn't better on the human body than being an omnivore?
>>
>>41969182
Why do you always have to have inflammatory images in your fucking OP. Why can't you just tell about the benefits, you vegan cunt. This is why no one likes you, you idiot.
Unless that's your intention, you prick
>>
>>41970797
>don't make it about morality, make it about health

Do not do this. Animal products are nutritious, especially eggs, organ meats and cultured dairy. The health argument is a flat-out lie. The moral argument is the only one with legs.
>>
>>41972069
Wait when did they change it to /fit/ - Fitness ?

I swear to god it always was /fit/ - Fitness & Health
>>
>>41972072
Why does veganism make you so triggered? Are you a woman? Sorry not everyone wants to fit your hippie image on 4chan of all places.
>>
>>41971964
bro look up the origins of veganism in the west. It was initially consecrated by Kellogg as a means of reducing pleasure in your life since he was one of those no-fun-not-ever Protestants

same guy who made male circumcision huge in North America and would regularly burn the clits off women

the animal rights angle is a recent development. Veganism was initially based around making your life as uncomfortable and drab as possible

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harvey_Kellogg
>>
>>41972054
Right. Murder is wrong even when they do it. One day we'll be able to give animals as many vegan options as humans have.
>>
>>41972084
With the same amount of calories you could get way more vitamin and minerals through a plant based diet .

Sure you can get your rdi ( this is not an optimal amound this is a bare minimum ) by eating egg and meats but they're just not as nutrient dense , on top of that there's a lot of other beneficial things in plant but the most important part is that they do not contain much harmful fat or cholesterol like animal product do .
>>
>>41972069
Fitness - the condition of being physically fit and healthy.

Looks on topic to me, champ.
>>
>>41972106
I doubt that's true but even if it were why does that matter? There are millions of vegetarians and vegans living their life just like the rest.
>>
>>41972095
OP makes me triggered, my friend
>>
What's funny is that the slaughtering methods could probably stand to be a bit quicker/painless, you know?

I'm willing to kill for my meat but want to respect the animal's life and its sacrifice.

also nice false flag.
>>
>>41972126
Just stop feigning offense, aight?
>>
>>41972115
>plant-based

In other words, mostly plants but with some meat and dairy. Exactly. That's why the health argument is a dead end.
>>
>>41972123
because it's an ideology with little to no scientific backing besides a handful of poorly-tested, biased papers (like the ones VeganPains and Greger regurgitate), and the better people realize this, the less annoying herbivorous fucks will be taken seriously
>>
>>41972142
Did you ignore the part about the harmfulness of meat and dairy ?
>>
>>41972140
You're an idiot, my man
>>
>>41972145
Meat eater here, but a good chunk of scientific backing for meat/egg/dairy are biased and sponsored by leaders in such industries. Straight science is nonexistent.
>>
>>41972158
Ok, I look forward to you standing on your soapbox crying about the mean OP in the next thread.
>he's so meeeaaaaan wtf I'm gonna eat 4 burgers now!
>>
>>41972145
There are peer-reviewd double randomised studies that show that a vegetarian diet is better than the regular diet and that veganism is even better. The science so far seems to favor not eating meat (excluding fish here). I'm neither so spare any insults.
>>
>>41972145
What has VG said that's untrue? Have you even watched his videos?
>>
>>41972176
mad
>>
>>41972153
Yes, because it's a lie. People can eat and enjoy meat and dairy without threatening their health and longevity. Similar to how it's easy but morally wrong to say 'fuck it, I'll have the beef hamburger' at lunchtime, it's easy but morally wrong to get conversions by telling lies.
>>
>>41972184
Define regular diet
Most anything is better than amerifat burgers and fries
>>
>>41972153
The "harmfulness" of ideal meat and dairy intake negligible. When 90-95% of your diet consists of whole grains, produce, and legumes, who gives a shit whether probiotic cultured milk has a tiny bit of milk fat, or high quality salumi has a tiny bit of salt? It only matters if you're in the habit of eating fat-and-cholesterol foods like eggs and red meat.
>>
>>41972184
> peer-reviewed double randomised studies
sure but they almost unanimously compare vegetarian/vegan diets to the standard American diet (SAD) which is high in saturated fat, low in fiber, and deficient in tons of micronutrients

and that's not even taking muscle mass, lifestyle, and exercise into account

>>41972188
> "g-guys I found THREE papers that say eating eggs will give you cancer, heart disease, and AIDS! Eggs BTFO how will carnists ever recover????"
>>
>>41970851
He makes some good points against things you see repeated often on /fit/, but ignores obvious ways to have healthy cholesterol without eating a totally vegan diet, which sorta seems like acting in bad faith. If you eat plant-based foods plus moderate amounts of seafood, wild game and less than an egg a day and still have risky cholesterol levels, that's quite an accomplishment.

>>41971980
Eating unsatiating foods that are still decently high in calories is not a recipe for success with weight control. Protein and fat are extremely satiating so long as you don't train yourself to gorge on them.

>>41972007
Are babies jacked, or are they fat? Also the protein in milk is far more bioavailable than that found in plants, so the comparison isn't so cut and dried.

>>41971990
It takes 10 calories of grain to grow 1 calorie of meat, generally speaking. The grain industry would be in trouble without livestock.
>>41972057
>Dunno why people shit their pants about protein.
Probably because bioavailable and complete proteins are extremely helpful for both appetite control and muscle synthesis and this is a fitness board.
>>
>>41972084

By that, I meant more that trying to appeal to the morality of someone who doesn't care about animals simply won't work. Now if someone is healthy and eats meat, a health argument may not work either. There's no strict black and white answer.
>>
ayy vegans check out this.

it is good juice beef
>>
>>41969198
Okay so, he's pretending to be an aggressive vegan who's trying to provoke people, and I'm pretending to be an aggressive meat eater who was provoked. No, mom, it's fun, I swear.
>>
File: IMG_0075.png (10KB, 215x215px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0075.png
10KB, 215x215px
>>41973107
>good (((jews))) beef
>>
>>41969182

All vegans are obese. Look at cows - they need 2 stomachs to digest all the plants they eat 12 hours a day.

Also, all the veggies contain sugar. Sugar makes you fat. No wonder all vegans look like pigs on a farm. Are you not disgusted when you look in a mirror, vegans? You are a fat collector most of the time.
>>
>>41972923
>Probably because bioavailable and complete proteins are extremely helpful for both appetite control and muscle synthesis and this is a fitness board.
Protein just isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. It's not like you'll ever be protein-deficient if you eat even somewhat healthy.
>>
File: IMG_5049.png (93KB, 941x723px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5049.png
93KB, 941x723px
>>41973930
>all the veggies contain sugar
>>
>>41970890

Continued from here:
>>131765948

Nutrients for Better Mental Performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PA-buwI3q4

// Milk is good only to a certain age. Galactose resembles glucose, and carbohydrates. Filipinos historically were not used to wheat or meat, as the geographic conditions forced them to tubercles(potatoes) and rice. They have an average IQ of 80. Asians as well. We test IQ scores for Asians but this is a measure of Asians living mostly in the Western World, but this is wrong. It's like testing all the blacks who own a 1 million dollar house and then looking at the crime rate among that specific group. In reality, China (India, Asia) is a much more eclectic mix, with massive regions in the north where IQ and empathy/conscientiousness is very low, and some few regions (in the east, near the coast) where IQ is high. Mandarin is the "language of the elites", it's not widespread among all the population of China. And so on. This clearly indicates a link between geography (climate) and diet, and between diet and IQ (general intelligence, to be more specific).

Also, before the invention of agriculture (wheat, silos etc - 9000 years ago), no neanderthal or European human had osteoporosis, arthritis, atherosclerosis. Heart disease is not cause by cholesterol but inflammation / bacteria. Bacteria uses sugars (carbohydrates) as prime energy source. So in my view, your 60/40 - meat/carbohydrates ratio is more like 80/20 for meat, and vegetables (mostly for fibers and proteins). But not much more. Smoked meat and Italian specialties are the best.
>>
File: 1497394379990.jpg (46KB, 322x244px) Image search: [Google]
1497394379990.jpg
46KB, 322x244px
>>41973844
I LOLED DESU

JUICE BEEF
>>
File: fat.jpg (3KB, 120x90px) Image search: [Google]
fat.jpg
3KB, 120x90px
>>41973965

Thanks Bro. I am truly honored to accept this universal remarkable distinction among people of the Earth.

I will conclude my speech with these two figurines, small statues from Cututeni culture Romania, "Ganditorul de la Hamangia", 5500 BC (7500 years ago). This is the long lasting proof anyone needs to know. All the feminists were vegans since that time. As a result, they had fat bottoms even back then, in immemorial times. Nothing changed. Just look at the face of that guy, and you will easily understand why he was so sad..
>>
File: 1482868825085.jpg (60KB, 878x814px) Image search: [Google]
1482868825085.jpg
60KB, 878x814px
you know, instead of posting those fucking comics and trying to start a flame war, you could post nice recipes that don't have any animal products?
these threads are honestly the worst. Just post fucking recipes for fucks sake.
>>
File: ganditorul hamangia.jpg (557KB, 1198x892px) Image search: [Google]
ganditorul hamangia.jpg
557KB, 1198x892px
Another picture with more statues.
>>
File: 1c1.jpg (743KB, 1404x896px) Image search: [Google]
1c1.jpg
743KB, 1404x896px
>>
Just eat whatever makes you happy. As long as you can digest it, there is no problems
>>
>>41974239

It's called ketosis / ketogenic diet. Now I can walk for 3 days without eating almost anything. Lots of energy once you are in that state. Once I've understood the mechanism, I lost 40 pounds in 6-8 months without doing anything special.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto/diet-plan

Also, we all should learn these skills:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9lwiOnMVVU
>>
File: 1c2.jpg (592KB, 1401x903px) Image search: [Google]
1c2.jpg
592KB, 1401x903px
>>41974246
>>
>>41969492
>but i would like the animal to life a somewhat decent life
what is a decent life from a cows perspective? eating a lot? slowly walking on fields eating?
some animals are only food. cows literally are made to be food for predators.
lots of fishes don't do shit to the enviroment arround them, they just feed from plankton and are food for bigger fishe
just like some kind of chickens that doesn't do shit unless eat, shit and lay eggs
>>
>>41971122
It HAS been disputed before. And it got slapped the fuck down via science. Is had been repeatedly proven that humans are base omnivores, albeit highly adaptable ones.
>>
File: 1c3.jpg (644KB, 1413x901px) Image search: [Google]
1c3.jpg
644KB, 1413x901px
>>41974299
>>
>>41974276

>keto-genic diet
>for those who want to lose weight while still being unhealthy
>>
>>41973979

> before the invention of agriculture (wheat, silos etc - 9000 years ago), no neanderthal or European human had osteoporosis, arthritis, atherosclerosis

Not that you could possibly know that, but they weren't known for their long life expectancies either
>>
>>41973959
>Protein just isn't that important in the grand scheme of things
Pretty sure all of the macro nutrients are extremely important at any scale.

>It's not like you'll ever be protein-deficient if you eat even somewhat healthy.
It's not like I said you have to eat burgers at every meal to not die. I'm saying that high-protein foods are useful (not necessary to cling to life) for someone pursuing a high level of fitness.
>>
>>41972789

> but they almost unanimously compare vegetarian/vegan diets to the standard American diet (SAD)

At worst they compare the SVD to the SAD, but comparisons in overall health conscious communities show the same results

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4073139/
>>
>>41974551
Why do I need to alter my entire lifestyle to possibly get protection from diabetes, obesity and heart disease when I'm already in great shape eating omnivorously? It's not exactly difficult to protect yourself from obesity.
>>
File: East Europe.jpg (166KB, 1108x863px) Image search: [Google]
East Europe.jpg
166KB, 1108x863px
>>41974517
>Not that you could possibly know that

Oh yes you can. All you need to do is to look at the bones and at the (individual) graves. The first modern human appeared in Europe, some 40.000 years ago. Pestera cu Oase is the biggest collection of DNA showing how neanderthals and sapiens mixed (the gene flow was from the neanderthal man to sapiens women).

So many theories will be proven right using genetics, so many things were interpreted so bad. Until 2010 there was almost no possibility to
trace the lineage using chromosomes. On mtDNA (female connections - but this is changing all the time). On the male Y side of things, the lineage stays exactly the same for thousands of years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8ZTp-gs-Ok
>>
went vegan about few months and its been one of my best decisions i've made. However gonna go on a 2 week vacation with 3 friends and I know already how hard it's going to be for me to find vegan food when we are outside eating. I can't really dictate where we all are gonna be eating. It's already annoying me because I know how hard it will be..
>>
>>41974596

How do you look at a few samples of neanderthal bones and determine that nobody at the time had atherosclerosis?
>>
>>41974645
Leave your eating disorder at home. Don't be an anal-retentive cunt about whether a piece of bread has an egg wash or if a piece of chicken touched your salad.
>>
>>41974586

Why do you need to do anything that benefits you? Heart disease alone kills 1 in 2 people in the US. All the protection you can get is good. It shouldn't be that drastic of a change either.
>>
>>41974530
So why not just eat mushrooms stir-fried in Bragg's liquid aminos? Then you're dressing something that's 1/4 to 1/3 pure protein (by dry weight) with something that's 100% pure protein.

That's a comprehensive serving of amino acids (protein) with no cholesterol and essentially no fat. If you acquire the taste for things like portobello burgers, there's no need to ever think about protein because you already have more than enough of it.

The same with the other macros:

carbs = mushrooms and cereal grains (don't have to think about it)
fat = as little as possible (don't have to think about it)
water = the default drink (don't have to think about it)
fiber = the same as carbs (don't have to think about it)
antioxidants = dark fruits, garlic, kale, etc. (don't have to think about it)

A lightly cooked salad of legumes, produce, and mushrooms served over whole grains is enough to never care about "counting macros." At the same time, there's nothing in it to clog your arteries, and you can eat it by the shovelful without getting fat.
>>
>>41974660

There are hundreds of sites across Europe. Each of them with thousands of examples and clear traceability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8ZTp-gs-Ok

You can prove this using the sings and alphabet as well. Danube Civilization script the oldest writing in the world. As I said before: Google for Cucuteni Culture - 7500 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qJbdVynGmg
>>
>>41974676
>It shouldn't be that drastic of a change either.
>lifestyle has support threads on at least two different boards
hmmm

I want to be healthy so I can enjoy things. I enjoy lots of risky shit that puts miles on my body. Should I stop playing contact sports, lifting, and occasionally going out late and messing up my sleep schedule too? Those things don't promote wellbeing on their own, but the physical fitness and sense of social integration they promote does.

I actually agree that evidence suggests that a whole food plant based diet is the way to go for longevity. I just have other priorities and it seems disingenuous to suggest that veganism is so obviously the right call.
>>
>>41974739

Answer the question
>>
>>41974276
why did you reply to my post with this? i asked for vegan recipes, not anything to do with keto. foh
>>
>>41974239
EASY VEGAN CHILI:
1 750ml Can diced tomatoes
1 can red kidney beans
1 can corn
1 cup dry red lentils
1 medium bell pepper
1 medium onion
2 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp cocoa

Directions:
Chop veggies, fry with water until cooked (5-8 minutes)
Throw all your other shit in, then simmer on low for 30 minutes

Nutritional Breakdown:
In 1/3 of recipe:
550 calories
28 g protons
143 g carbs
4 g fat
>>
>>41974733
>eat forty pounds of vegetables to get your protein
>buy this product placement bullshit we're shilling instead of soy sauce because reasons

Vegans are idiots.
>>
>>41974747

You should learn to listen what other say. Then talk and ask questions.

Nutrients for Better Mental Performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PA-buwI3q4

But wait, you are a progressive veggie. Veggies don't have brain, are incapable to understand even the simple facts of life.

>Wheat Protein May Be Linked to Inflammation in Rheumatoid Arthritis, Study Says

https://rheumatoidarthritisnews.com/2016/10/19/wheat-proteins-may-be-linked-to-inflammation-in-rheumatoid-arthritis/
>>
>>41974465
>that comment
>>
>>41974812

You made a stupid claim, I'm asking you to substantiate it.
>>
>>41974733
>Then you're dressing something that's 1/4 to 1/3 pure protein (by dry weight) with something that's 100% pure protein.
1 gram per half cup is not a strong source of protein unless you're committed to skeleton-mode. Our stomachs and mouths are spaces with limited volume, not scales.

>fat = as little as possible
Well, no, that's a recipe for depression, and you need fat to absorb certain nutrients from plants optimally.

>fiber = the same as carbs (don't have to think about it)
Have you seriously never eaten too much fiber? It's one of the bigger reasons people don't clean bulk.

>antioxidants
Oxidation state balance is a complex homeostatic system. Shoveling more antioxidants into your body isn't a good organizing principle when designing a diet. One should still eat the foods you listed, just not for that reason.

You've outlined a meal that is very rich in carbs, fiber and certain micronutrients while being light on protein and fats of any sort. I've eaten a lot of meals like it, and found that they aren't satiating in addition to lacking things that are demonstrably helpful for development and recovery.
>>
>>41969182

I'm a meat eater, and I'll post wherever I please, thanks.
>>
>>41974833

Nope, you are too stupid to understand a simple fact of life. I talk about neanderthals, or things that happened 30-40.000 years ago. I told you about their diet, and the fact all the bones found in caves (Pestera cu Oase) and in individual graves don't have any signs of arthritis.

Then I post a picture with Cucuteni Culture, and how the first crops of wheat and this invention called "the silo" entered Europe (Europe was just coming out of a big Ice Age back then, so again - no wheat or farming there - but you are too stupid to know this simple fact).

Again, not a single bulb or connection was made in you hear. Despite the fact I already showed you in 3 ways the WHY and WHEN this became a problem.

IQ under 80. Clearly a malnourished vegan (the brain is 90% fat, btw). I will end this dialogue as it is useless.

Thomas Paine — 'To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.'
>>
>>41972204
Totally convenient that the majority of people are fat fucks for omnis. The most effective diets for treating a shitload of illnesses, including diabetes, have always been shown to be vegan diets.

Just face it, vegan diets are superior. It's not as if the vegan groups that are studied don't also eat tons of junk and ignore important nutrients either. Falling back on the argument that omnivores are poorly represented because of their unhealthy diets fails when the same holds true for vegans.
>>
>>41974802
Enjoy going into cardiac arrest as you shit your pants at the barbell, then.

>>41974853
I don't know or care what "clean bulk" means, or about fat beyond "don't eat saturated fat," or about "designing" a diet, sorry.

You probably thought a lot about this. My interest in the subject more or less ends at knowing what is healthy and tastes good. The grains, produce, and legumes base is very simple and delicious.

If I get hungry later, or work out a lot and get really hungry, I just eat some fatty thing like mayo, nut butter, cheese, salumi, guacamole, or any other similar thing.

I fail to see any point in "tracking" nutrients because they're all contained in whole grains, legumes, and produce.
>>
>>41973979
>Also, before the invention of agriculture (wheat, silos etc - 9000 years ago), no neanderthal or European human had osteoporosis, arthritis, atherosclerosis.
Fuck off with this bullshit
https://www.nsca.com/uploadedFiles/NSCA/Inactive_Content/Program_Books/PTC_2013_Program_Book/Aragon.pdf
>>
>>41974907

You made a specific claim about atherosclerosis. Go ahead and back up that claim for us.
>>
>>41969182
Eating animals is the least wired thing there is. Eating a banana is actually far weirder when you consider the origin of the bananas we eat today. They are basically all clones of each other and can't reproduce normally. Because of the lack of genetic diversity we will likely see the extinction of the banana as a food source in our lifetime. Goats, on the other hand, will be a reliable source of food for as long as we want them to be.
>>
>>41975984
Eating factory farmed indoor domesticated animals bred to gain as much weight as quickly as possible with unnatural diets supplemented with growth hormone and antibiotics is at least as weird as eating a modern banana desu.

Most people don't tend to eat cheeky free ranging goats.
>>
File: lupin.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
lupin.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>41969182
Millenials calling vegans instead of vegetarians.
>>
>>41974246
>>41974246
these absolute brosience pro "paleo" diet are really ridiculous
the vegan brosience is not much better

actual pre néolithic diet were pretty diverse and impossible to reproduce now

it generally included high amounts of fruits, some cereals, tubercules, roots, fruits who were not the same as the one we eat now, very high in fiber and hard to chew, also insects, and fermented fruits (with alcohol). The meat eaten was wild game, very high in omega 3 since the fauna foraged a lot, and organ meat was very much consumed, especially liver, bone marrow, and brains. There is also strong hints that cannibalism was widespread, and not only ritual or simply survival, but because of high omega3 content of human brain and bone marrow.

our anatomy and metabolic synthesis pathways very strongly suggest we are unspecialized frugivores, with some obligatory carnivorism now and then.
Also the role of cooking and some meat eating in our evolution was fundamental.
>>
>>41976149

the data accessible now very much confirm this hypothesis. Our nearest cousins with whom we diverged only 20 millions years, chimpanzees and bonobos, do eat this way, 90-95% plant based but with some meat eating. They even hunt sometimes (other monkey species), and they do it for eating, not for territory control

the most healthy population in the world (okinawan, mediterraneans, etc) as well as the natives still living in the wild all eat 90% plant based diet but always with some fish, some meat, some egg consumption. Nobody has ever found vegan native people in the wild (you do find some who don't eat animal products, but they eat humans instead)

wanna be healthy? do like them. 80-90% plant based diet, high in fiber, with some meat and fish sometimes (once a week), especially organ meat such as liver and bone marrow, and low mercury low dioxin fatty fish (sardins and herring instead of tuna and salmon)
if you do go full retard vegan don't forget b12 and especially omega3 supplementation.
if you go full paleo retard, beware, it's probably gonna kill you if you stop high level of physical activity

will give sources or develop if anybody's interested
>>
File: 1226439231651.jpg (121KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1226439231651.jpg
121KB, 1600x1200px
What are vegan opinions on predator animals?

They kill for food and can be brutal as hell with their kills.
>>
>>41976172
Not as brutal as making their prey and their preys offspring live a life of suffering before being bled out
>>
File: Linkola_Pentti.jpg (60KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
Linkola_Pentti.jpg
60KB, 500x503px
>>41976172
Actual predators in the wild: Doing what they have to do.

Domestic cats who are led outside by their owners and ruin the environment being an invasive species: Should be shot.
>>
>>41976149
>>41976164

Thanks, anon. This is actually pretty interesting, desu
>>
>>41976164
>>41976149
You know, if you are white, the chances are that you are better able to deal with meat than other races

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/03/europeans-genes-fat-neanderthals_n_5083408.html

Most whites even had hens, from which they ate eggs in the farming period. Recent human evolution suggests that the range for eating meat could have been as high as 60% even. From successful hunters, to controlled meat consumption from farm animals. It could have been well within the evolutionary range for the whites to eat more meat than other races. Since it also explains why we are smarter and just better than other races. Yea meat eating.
>>
>>41976149
>>41976164
I do this as well, hedging by bets with the blue zone approach.
>>
>>41976593

How do you deal with the contradictions in the blue zone approach?

The books seem to go back and forth on many topics, giving inconsistent recommendations for amounts of animal protein, dairy, fruit, and grains.
>>
>>41977294
I roughly follow this and try not to get too hung up on the details:

https://bluezones.com/recipes/food-guidelines/

I have a nice piece of meat/fish once a week and eat some fruit, a lot of vegetables, legumes, tubers and whole grains the rest of the time. Modest amounts of olive oil for frying and salad dressings.

Dairy and eggs are out of the question for me because of allergies so I don't have to think about that aspect.
>>
>tfw third world shitter

Veganism is the dumbest fucking thing in the world, you have all the best food in the world and choose not to eat it.
>>
Lactovegetarianism is racially superior

vegan POCs BTFO

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐
>>
>went 3 weeks without the dairy jew and caved by buying pepperjack, swiss, smoked cheddar, and provolone
CAN'T WAKE UP
>>
Wondering who here subscribes to utilitarian or deontological arguments for their food choices.

just interested to know
>>
>>41969182
When did you decide to become a dumb faggot, OP?

I got bad news for you, OP: You're suffering from a progressive cognitive deficit due to chronic amino acid deficiencies; that's what you're doing to yourself forcing your omnivorous body to be strict vegetarian. You're clearly not thinking straight; it's a rampant problem among vegans. You have to at least drink milk every day or your brain will continue to deteriorate. Don't believe me if you don't want to, ask your friends and family, people who care about you, they'll tell you what I'm saying is true. Please, stop what you're doing to yourself before you do permanent damage.
>>
>>41978890

Which amino acids?
>>
>>41969210
Just made a delicious turkey chili anon, mind if i garnish it with your tears?
>>
>>41969394
Nonono, when you're at the top of the food chain then you eat those below you as we have for years to survive. Anytime they wanna fight back, bring it. Its not "okay" to have your kids killed/wife banged, it doesn't mean you can't complain. But if a smarter/stronger person does this and you can't stop them then it's
>survival of the fittest

But we're smart so we have laws to deter the murder of children.
>>
>>41970676
I pray you convince me. Im actually interested. I dont know what you could actually say that would make me want to be such a miserable person who only dines of nuts and leaves.
>>
>>41979382

>thinks he's in a food chain and buys meat for his survival
>>
>>41979399

Here's some good recent debates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT0yC2exQZU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPNvrO-suXU
>>
Why do most vegans look like shit?
>>
>>41979479

Why do most meat eaters look like shit?
>>
>>41979489

post your vegan body if you're so proud
>>
>>41979561

gay ^
>>
My biggest issue with the vegan lifestyle is how gay it is
>>
>>41972109
please think about what you just wrote lmao
>>
>>41981204
Lol this desu
>>
>>41981204
plantards btfo

how will we ever recover
>>
>>41983500
They say ur anus eventually shrinks back to normal so u might be able 2
>>
>>41976149
The paleo claims are debatable but the historical claims are not broscience, The historical record absolutely backs a proven period in human history where we ate majoritarily meat/animal products
>>41974246
>Much of that time earth was experiencing per
>People who read books know a fact that vegetarians do not- that at one point in history, the Earth's total population of humans dropped to between 5,000 and 10,000 individuals, due to the eruption of Mt. Toba in Sumatra, which killed off most of the available plant and animal life on Earth in 71,000 BC. During this period of time, humans were confined to an extraordinarily small area of Africa that escaped glaciation, where they subsisted on a diet that was "approximately 50-70% meat and 50-30% plants, respectively." This diet was necessitated by the die-off of plants and animals, and the lack of a varied diet that could have been otherwise obtained though plant gathering. It was at this time that the Neanderthal diet came to consist of naught but meat, due to the complete lack of availability of edible vegetation, which likely lasted for at least 1000 years.(Plants/climate)
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html?m=1&zx=1931c8ee82d28297
>our anatomy and metabolic synthesis pathways very strongly suggest we are unspecialized frugivores, with some obligatory carnivorism now and then.
You cannot be complaining about broscience and believe this. There is irrefutable scientific evidence that not only are we omnivores we thrive on meat/animal products
>will give sources or develop if anybody's interested
Here's Loren Cordains debate with T. Collin Campbell where Cordain includes sources about this exact thing, backing even more of what >>41974246. And if you need anymore the historical records full of it.
>http://www.catalystathletics.com/articles/downloads/proteinDebate.pdf
>>41976454
>>41976593
He posted a bunch of bullshit
>>
Was this guy mental before going vegan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EIPGyWacVE
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.