[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lung Capacity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: lungs.jpg (80KB, 804x599px) Image search: [Google]
lungs.jpg
80KB, 804x599px
I want to be able to hold my breath for longer. What cardio exercises would be best for increasing lung capacity?
>>
>>41909283
Do you shower in the gym?
>>
>>41909283
breathing exercises will be much more effective than cardio.
look up co2 and o2 tables, these condition your withstand high co2 and low oxygen respectively. generally speaking high co2 is unpleasant but safe, while low o2 can kill you.
i did co2 tables 3 days a week on my gym rest days for a few weeks then i was able to swim 50m on one breath consistently.
http://freediveuk.com/co2-and-o2-training-tables-for-freediving/

wim hoff method is a meme, it uses hyperventilation to decrease your co2, allowing you to hold your breath with less discomfort. However your body will not be able to tell when your oxygen is too low so you can pass out and/or die.
>>
>>41909287
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>41910289
>He doesn't harvest gymbros protein in the shower
Faggots >>>/out/
>>
>>41909373
Would this have any benefit on cardio exercice ?
Could I do that to improve aerobic and anaerobic performance of running and cycling for example ?
>>
>>41909283
Swimming
>>
>>41911325
This, I can hold my breath for 3 minutes
>>
>>41909373
Know of any good apnea trainer apps that are free?
>>
>>41909373
Did you ever do o2 training?
>>
Try holding your breath. Underwater if possible.
>>
>>41911719
What difference does it make being underwater?
>>
>>41911727
You won't accidentally cheat
>>
>>41909283
>What cardio exercises would be best for increasing lung capacity?
All of them. Preferably in a progression that starts with building basic aerobic endurance, then progresses to longer and longer intervals at Tempo, to short intervals at your anaerobic Threshold, to finally very short all-out sprints. Give it 6 months.
>>
>>41911727
increased pressure makes it harder to hold your breath from what i understand. obviously, if you're actively swimming that will add another level.
>>
Don't listen to those fuckers saying you should train holding your breath underwater, that's how you die unless you have someone watching you. If you want to increase your breath holding capacity all you have to do is train it, outside of the water, while lying on your back (my freediving instructor once passed out while trying to hold his breath sitting and he knocked his head on the floor). That way, if you pass out (which is likely to happen once you really start pushing your limits), nothing serious will happen because you did it in a safe environment. Another tip I have to pass on is doing it with your eyes closed while trying to imagine something as clearly as you can, it helps to concentrate while holding your breath.

There are plenty of techniques you can find online on how to breath properly before trying to hold your breath.
>>
>>41909283
Swimming is god-tier for building lung capacity
>>
>>41909373
>wim hoff method
>hyperventilating
You're doing it wrong then...or you don't know what hyperventilating means.
Plus you need to provide a citation or get the fuck out.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.