[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I motivate myself to leave the house and start socializing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1318199516002.png (47KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1318199516002.png
47KB, 645x773px
How can I motivate myself to leave the house and start socializing with people when Im a degenerate internet addict shut in with social anxiety and have no reason for doing so other than I hate my fucking life and I feel like this is my only chance at ever being happy again?
>>
>>41740748
Well you're on the bottom rung. What do you have to lose?
>>
Are you sure the internet did this to you?

Are you sure you there wasn't always something "off" about you?

I was diagnosed with autism at 30 after a total life of failure not realizing what I was doing wrong, thinking that I was just a normal person that was just super unlucky with everything. Turns out I had autism the entire time and everything suddenly made sense.

I use to blame my failures on me just being bad at life, turns out I had an excuse the entire time, now I don't even feel bad.
>>
>>41740748
you are a filthy shut in because socializing doesnt make you happy
>>
>>41740748
>>>/r9k/ tends to give pretty good advice for people in your predicament. If you are a real go getter, you could also try >>>/out/
>>
Join a sports team.
>>
what youre doing is very much illegal fine sir.

you know youre fucked when the Chinese and Russians get here right. I'm going to enjoy watching your traitors get lined up one by one. Enjoy the time you have left.
>>
>>41740775
>could have eventually shaped up to become something
>instead relied on a security blanket
>"autism" a disease with no definitive diagnostic criteria or symptoms and no known etiology
>a permanent security blanket to make you feel okay with failure

I have "high functioning" autism and ADD, other mental illnesses, crippling anxiety and depression

still trying to figure out how to be a better me, and i have given up more times than most people have tried.
>>
>>41740748
first step, get tested for autism. not even to have an excuse, but because it can make behind the scenes shit so much easier.
>get diagnosed with tism
>go to improv/acting class
>talk to teacher in advance, maybe have therapist or whatever call and vouch for you
>ultimate failsafe if you accidentally sperg. only teacher will know (just say "but i'm worried people won't be honest with me if they know, and that's the only way i can improve"). i guarantee you the teacher will offer different days or private lessons if you fuck up, since they'd be scared of a lawsuit for kicking out an autistic guy
>practice talking to people, telling jokes, and being around others comfortably
>don't be afraid to jump from class to class and keep practicing first introductions. i did the same thing.
>you may make friends, you may not. focus on improving your social skills first
>after you get into the swing of things, take up another hobby. climbing, music, whatever.
>practice both daily
>once you have the confidence, go to a local open mic night or gathering for whatever hobby you pick. even shit like a con is fine if you're still learning how to introduce yourself or talk with total strangers
>keep going places and trying things until you either meet people there or are comfortable enough to go out to bars, restaurants, etc and mesh with random normies
>???
>profit
>>
File: 1496367019361.jpg (50KB, 960x944px) Image search: [Google]
1496367019361.jpg
50KB, 960x944px
>>41740775
I'm pretty sure its the internets fault, its just so much more stimulating and interesting than wasting my time in the real world.

Like I could force myself to go to the mall or something but I have absolutely no intention of wasting my money on overpriced shit I can find online at half the price so I feel like theres no point. I literally cannot think of any destination that would have any purpose of me going there once I actually arrive.
>>
>>41740853
Yea fuck I need some hobby that I can use as a pretext for interacting with other people. I used to just smoke weed everyday and that made doing any random shit with my friends fun. I guess I just need to be able to have excess money for weed/food/gas and just wander around until I eventually find something fun to do, only that sounds like a fucking retarded plan though.
>>
File: GORP.png (661KB, 657x549px) Image search: [Google]
GORP.png
661KB, 657x549px
BRRRAAPPPP
>>
>>41740769
Any remain bit of self esteem or love he currently has
>>
>>41740748
I have the same problem. I've been quitting jobs and starting them for five years because of social anxiety. Find something you can handle like rn I'm a janitor and talk to a few co workers. Work early in the morning or late at night like graveyard shift. See a therapist if you can and get on meds. if you're in California you can get on medi-CAL and get some medical help that way. Research as much as you can on social anxiety, practice talking with people close to you. Don't put yourself down you can do it anon I'm rooting for you!
>>
>>41740748
tell your parents to stop enabling your shut in lifestyle. sink or swim.
>>
File: 1496599171660.jpg (40KB, 600x578px) Image search: [Google]
1496599171660.jpg
40KB, 600x578px
>notice a short-haired qt in class
>no idea how to start talking to her, or what to talk with her about after we hit it off
I don't even think I'm interested in her romantically, I'm just wondering how do I even make new friends. The last time I made some was 4 years ago
>>
>>41741299
Yea Ive been doing something similar but Im also working on growing my business on the side. I guess it really comes down to some Law of Attraction "You get what you give" bullshit and my attitude is I just wanna be left alone. But now my existence is like Groundhog day and or the Matrix or something and Im tired of doing the same exact things everyday. So I guess my plan is just start working even more (which seems illogical bc thatll only make me less happy) and then blow the excess money I earn on some hobby and hopefully find a gf/friends that way. I know I have to interact with reality more to produce some sustainable form of happiness I just dont know what I should do.
>>
>>41741431
Definitely grow your business, work can be rewarding and give you some self esteem accomplishing something. I used to ignore people due to anxiety but it just makes you more miserable, try and put on a happy face and smile at people and say good morning to those around you or your neighbors. It feels good. Or its fine if you don't want to talk just stick to pleasantries at least. Exercising and having a routine will also help and give you some structure if you're neet. Don't blow your well earned money on craps save up for a better life. Hobbies like sports, art and cooking classes are a great way to meet people. You can be left alone and still make a living and live your life. You'll find people who you have things in common it just takes time.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.