[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/QTDDTOT/ - QUESTIONS THAT DON'T DESERVE THEIR OWN THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 42

File: 28 Day Fast ProGamerJay.jpg (36KB, 640x363px) Image search: [Google]
28 Day Fast ProGamerJay.jpg
36KB, 640x363px
/Fung/ Edition

I'll start:

Why don't more fat people water fast? They would drop literally .6+ lbs a day, can take breaks 1-2 times a week without sacrificing much, and it's super easy.

Previous Thread:

>>41656374
>>
20 rep squat programs
y/n
>>
If I had a bad session today only doing 2 out of 4 sets after upping the weight, do I deload or try again?
>>
I see people say they have no energy they can't get out of bed when water fasting

what about us wagecucks?
>>
>>41671811
you do it right, i.e. lots of water and lots of salt
>>
File: fit water fasting guide 1.3.jpg (267KB, 1349x1267px) Image search: [Google]
fit water fasting guide 1.3.jpg
267KB, 1349x1267px
>>41671811
They are probably doing it wrong (not taking salt/magnesium) or fasting for too long. I'm 6 days, and can still work; worked this whole week. 6/1 or 5/2 is an easy schedule to do while working.
>>
>>41671811

After the first day or two its tolerable.
>>
What's the best way to recover your cut after a night of drinking? Fasting?
>>
File: grill.png (166KB, 1152x601px) Image search: [Google]
grill.png
166KB, 1152x601px
is one of these or something similar worth it?
Should I just cook on the stove/oven or get one of these?
>>
>>41671689
because they love eating
>>
File: Untitled-3.jpg (213KB, 563x600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.jpg
213KB, 563x600px
>>41671689
>taking in zero calories
>while doing PPL

What about muh gains?
>>
If I have 13 inch arms and 24 inch quads, am I T-Rex mode?
>>
>>41671689

because people simply lost every logic when it comes to nutrition and existence. Our body is able to work without food for weeks without any problem and people that are highly overweight store a lot of energy to spend. Its not normal to be an overweight gorilla and it has been trained to us from out parents and the society that we MUST eat every single day to not die early.

Overweight people should def do this fasting since it helps them with their appetite management and to actually lose weight that has been stored exactly not to go into starvation.
>>
>>41672046
Do one thing at a time.

You'll make better gains anyway with lower body fat.
>>
Should I mix my whey protein with milk or water?
I read on the internet that water offers a better absorption rate and don't give protein farts but milk tastes better and I also get the calories from the 200ml of milk.
>>
Protein shake before gym and late meal after or meal and shake after?
>>
>>41672228
Mean to say meal before gym and shake after.
>>
I'm 6,1 with normal body type and i currently weight 76 kgs but i still feel fatty, not as fatty like i used to be at 80+ but i was hoping that il get more thin by the 75 mark

All im doing is just not eating like a retard (eating enough to kill the hunger but no enough to feel full and guilty and of course cut on sodas ans garbage food)

Is working i already lost 7kgs but my actual body does not reflect my weight i believe, even when i was 80kgs a girl told me i look more fat of what i actually weight

Should i start doing the gym? i dont really have time for gym i was thinking to do push ups, abds and squads at home like the 100 challange thing of every body exercise is that a good starting point?
>>
What's a good chinup to pullup ratio?

At 76kg, I can do 20kg added chinups for 8 reps but only 10kg added pullups for 10 reps. Is this a normal ratio or is my pullup too weak?
>>
Any reason to not start pinning?
>>
>>41671689
how bullshit is this video on a scale of 1-10 because I don't fucking fall for it for a second
>>
How to do I work out my chest and abdominal without going to the gym. Poor fag for membership.
>>
>>41672325
1. Resistance training will change your body composition. The more you work out, the more fat is being burned and some lean mass is added, even if you're in a calorie deficit. Only as a beginner of course.
2. You don't necessarily have to go to the gym, you can buy a pullup bar and a set of dumbells. With those you can do a whole upper body routine that is pretty solid.
3. You can't grow your legs at home unless you have a powercage, a barbell and 6 45lbs plates at the very least. Which is a pity because squats and deadlifts and working big lower body muscles in general will increase your testosterone levels measurably.
3. 100 rep challanges are retarded. Just do around 5-20 reps with a reasonable amount of weight and for multiple sets. Try to increase the weight on a given amount of reps over time and you will have positive results.
4. You will need more protein if you want to work out and lose fat. Read the sticky. There are also good routines if you do choose to go to the gym. I recommend GSLP.
>>
>>41672783
There is no real reason per se. There are risks that could affect you. Liver problems, cardiovascular problems, acne on face and body, gyno (if you're not careful), mood swings and these are just some. Notice I said risks. Not everyone experiences all of these or even any of these side effects but you might, so you're taking the risks for yourself. It's also illegal in most states so you should be careful when it comes to that. It also costs money.

Really it depends on what you want to achieve and if it's worth the risk to you.

TL;DR: Nah, go ahead
>>
>>41672863
What's wrong with 3-4 reps
>>
File: 1436843456260.png (756KB, 501x600px) Image search: [Google]
1436843456260.png
756KB, 501x600px
How long before i stop looking like shit?
6'3
190lb
1800-2000 kcal a day
lifting every other day, 2 compounds, 3-4 isolations
walking 1-1.5 hours every day.
its getting close to two months on this schedule
so again, how long does it take to not look like shit?
>>
Going to start logging my process. Got weight, belly size, arm size and chest size. Anything else I should be logging?
>>
>>41672909
what are you trying to do? Lose fat or gain muscle?

Either way, it's slow. It takes a couple of months to notice progress either way.
>>
>>41672907
Nothing. It's just nuances. Anything below 5 reps is usually used to increase your 1rm and your peaking strength. Not saying it doesn't build mass if you do it with high enough volume but doing that volume requires a lot of sets and is very stressful for your CNS. So unless you're trying to max out on a given lift and want to maximize your 1rm, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to train with such low reps.
>>
>>41671689
does browsing fit increase your gains?
there is a point be fa if youre already fit?
drinkin coca cola effect your gains beside demagin teeth?
>>
>>41672783
There are pretty much three valid reasons:
-Fear of sides: some people are a lot more prone to developing severe chest/back acne or gyno while on cycle than others
-Inability to find a reliable source: some people just aren't good enough to
-Isn't necessary for your fitness goals: if you don't wanna be big and are just alright with being lean, no real reason to pin. It'll make things easier, but if you just wanna cruise around at a slim 9% bf you can save yourself hundreds of dollars by being natty.

Other reasons like cheating, integrity, etc. are all bullshit and a lot of times they will come from people who actually pin anyway.
>>
>>41672942
soda is fucking terrible for you of course it affects your gains.

It's literally worse than alcohol because it's just acid and sugar. Having one here and there is fine but limit that shit son.
>>
File: brain wojak.jpg (85KB, 710x823px) Image search: [Google]
brain wojak.jpg
85KB, 710x823px
>>41672920
brain size
>>
>>41672934
Lose fat, see abs. Then ill increase calories and try to slowly build muscle.
so 6 months before I see anything?
>>
Oi me bones hurt (arms forearms). Should I adjust my bench width maybe? I'm benching near max width almost every time i bench
>>
Does organic whey reduce the farting?
>>
>>41672971
Think about how many years you've been flabby in your life. Now think, do you really expect to be nice and lean in just a few months after years of looking like shit? It just ain't gonna happen unless you supplement some nice chemicals. Otherwise it's a natty lifestyle change that you'll adhere to for a couple of years in order to finally see great results.
>>
>>41672971
you're eating too much. You want a minimum 500 cal deficit, eat 1800 cal a day maximum.

Start measuring progress, weigh yourself every week and make sure you're losing a pound a week.

>>41672984
organic is a overpriced meme don't fall for it.

take it from a guy who worked at whole foods for half a year.
>>
>>41673000
I guess Im just nervous im doing one key component wrong and all my work will be wasted
>>
>>41673000
a few years is harsh unless you're a total fatass. A shlubby looking guy can easily transform himself skinny in about a year natty.
>>
>>41673019
2300 TDEE, i walk at least 1 hour a day which burns minimum 200 calories.
1800-2000 is pretty accurate.
>>
>>41673020
All you can do is track your calories, weigh in once a week, and take a photo once a week in order to make sure everything is right. Those things aren't necessary, but they help keep peace of mind that things are going the way they should. Remember that weight loss and fat loss don't necessarily follow a linear function, maybe one week you won't see much, then another week you won't see much, but then the week after you'll look like you lost more fat than you would expect.
>>
File: 1424233837511.png (145KB, 274x256px) Image search: [Google]
1424233837511.png
145KB, 274x256px
>>41673033
>what am i doing wrong I'm not seeing progress clearly something is wrong
>your eating too much
>that's impossible I'm right I clearly know what I'm talking about
>>
>>41673047
Well I havent really been taking pictures but Ive been counting calories for years, just not restricting them. and Ill try to weigh once a week.
>>41673069
>asking when I shouldnt look like shit is the same as saying "something is clearly wrong"
>>
When i start pinning my ass with steroids and i want to bulk up, do i have to eat at "enhanced" surplus since day one, or do i have to wait for test to kick in before adding the calories?
>>
File: 1348610525082.png (10KB, 445x431px) Image search: [Google]
1348610525082.png
10KB, 445x431px
>>41673110
nigger if you want to lose weight, and you're not losing weight, there's literally only one answer: You're eating too much.
>>
>>41673114
as soon as you inject it it's working, eat at a surplus when you start.

also you should really ask in the /fraud/ thread.
>>
I fucked a chick from the bar for about 3 minutes raw last night...
She showed me her birth control, it had the prescription date and it looked like the right amount were missing
How fucked am I?
>>
>>41672920
Quad size
Calf size
Glute size
Wrist size
Neck size
Glute size
Penis size
Forearm size
Glute size
Hand size
Ankle size
Elbow size
Shoulder size
Almond size
>>
File: 1488475668441.jpg (9KB, 261x211px) Image search: [Google]
1488475668441.jpg
9KB, 261x211px
I've been doing SS at a deficit for several months and ive completely hit a wall and had to deload a few times. What should I do now? i still have about 20ish pounds to lose. I'm 6'1 223 pounds so I can't really eat more since I still have a considerable amount of fat to lose.

Should I just focus on cardio for a while?
>>
File: 1452264803442.png (155KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1452264803442.png
155KB, 500x375px
>>41673196
i never said i wasnt losing weight, I was asking when I would see progress.
>>
>>41673220
Did you cum inside?
>>
>>41673234
SS is a beginner program, do a split
>>
File: 1349848212685.jpg (35KB, 320x314px) Image search: [Google]
1349848212685.jpg
35KB, 320x314px
>>41673251
then weigh yourself dummy, take a picture every month and compare
>>
>>41673262
Any decent splits you can recommend?
>>
File: 1445751845502.gif (3MB, 240x135px) Image search: [Google]
1445751845502.gif
3MB, 240x135px
>>41673268
im aware progress will take place. the question was about when to expect progress to have visible signs. clearly 1 month isnt enough, but is 4? 6? 12 months?
>>
>>41673253
It was a lazy pullout job, maybe a tiny bit got in there
I was just so drunk and I haven't been laid in forever and she really seemed serious about not wanting kids, and said she'd get an abortion without me mentioning it
Now I'm sitting here like wtf theres a chance I ruined my life for no reason
>>
>>41671845
I don't regret having one and I guess it's the easiest way to do grilled chicken if you don't have a full grill
>>
>>41673294
you need to stop looking at this as a timed sort of thing. Progress is subtle. This is why you should weigh yourself and take pictures. You may not notice it yourself since it's slow and you see yourself shirtless/naked every day, but over 2-3 months take a comparison photo and you'll notice small differences.
>>
>>41673282
Dont. Do. Splits.

Try texas method.
>>
>>41673375

Brosplits are the best way to workout. Everything else is a meme.
>>
>>41673428
Give me your reasoning.
>>
I'd like to start lifting, so I've been practicing forms and movements to make sure I know what I'm doing when I hit the gym.

When I try squatting, I get an intense pain in my hip-thigh socket when my butt passes the midpoint and goes below my waist. A couple of times it's been so intense that I had to immediately lie down.

Does anybody know what this is? I'm going to see my GP, but I'm scared it might mean I can't squat.
>>
>>41673375
>>41673428

I just want to look good, theres no isolation movements in texas method.

Whats wrong with splits?
>>
>>41673282
I'm currently doing a push-pull split 4 times a week which I enjoy.

push has bench, squats, press, (bench) press accessory, and biceps+triceps+shoulders.
pull has pullup, deadlift, row, pullup/row accessory, and biceps+triceps+shoulders.

you can leave out biceps on push day and triceps on pull day, but doing arms more often works better for me.
>>
>>41673544
Motherfucker add accessories. You can modify the program. It's for upper-intermediate/advanced lifters who are strictly seeking to increase their lifts. It's periodized correctly for a lower intermediate, but the weight and volume doesn't put nearly enough stress for someone lifting light enough weight.

For someone looking good, adding accessories is entirely fine.
>>
so on a cut, you still need the same amount of protein per day, right? I'm 190cm, 81kg (6'2" 178lbs) and probably about 16-18% body fat...so that means my lean mass is about 145-150lbs. So I should be aiming for 150g of protein a day? That's like 600 calories assuming it's whey powder, or like 12 eggs a day. How do i do that while remaining at about 1500 calories? I really don't want to eat purely eggs and lean chicken breast and scoops every day, my farts are bad enough.
>>
Does it matter mixing your protons in a liquid or can I just shovel the scoop in my mouth and flush it with milk?

Serious question
>>
>>41673455
do you get that at bodyweight? or only when you use weights? did you try squatting just the bar and checking your form? Maybe your feet aren't far apart enough or you might have a flexibility problem. Try stretches (look up taekwondo/kickboxing stretching routines, they really help loosen up your hips and legs - only do them after a good warmup of at least 10-15 minutes though.) It sounds like some sort of issue with your joints or tendons, which you can help with gentle stretching and lightweight exercise, but you should definitely go to your GP and get an expert input.
>>
>>41673669
it's just easier to eat when you mix with milk. as long as it all goes in and you wash it down then it doesn't make much of a difference. Don't know why you wouldn't take the five seconds it takes to put it in a shaker cup and shake with milk though, you get a nice frothy milkshake. add some dark chocolate powder for extra tasty.
>>
>>41673654
some sources (e.g. examine.com) recommend a higher protein intake when cutting.
protein intake should be based on what weight you'd be at an optimal body fat level (10~12%), not completely lean body weight.
anyway, 150g of protein should be fine.
eating at just 1500 calories is quite a cut for someone who's 6'2", but doable if you just cut out most carbs.
meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, low calorie fruits, stuff like that.

>>41673669
kek
>>
>>41671689
Have you ever tried water fasting mate? Did you even watch that kid's video?

After day three or so, you can barely stand up without fainting. Within a week and a half, you're basically bedridden. Most fat people have jobs and stuff
>>
>>41673764
okay, thanks for the input.
>eating at just 1500 calories is quite a cut
is it too much? that's based on an average BMR of about 2000, although I probably burn another 600 in exercise so I probably should be averaging about 1900 a day.

Do you cut faster at ~800 deficit than at ~500? If I'm keeping up my workout routine and eating enough protons it won't mean I lose muscle as well will it? Doing a 6 day a week PPL routine atm.
>>
>>41673813
if you get 150g of protein and eat plenty of vegetables, it's probably not gonna make a huge difference.
just try and see how you feel.

if you feel shit, just eat more.
if you feel good and you're maintaining or gaining strength, try less.
>>
>>41673844
alright thanks anon. gonna order some more whey protein to make up the gap, I try to eat protein-dense foods (eggs, tuna, etc) but i can't seem to make up the protein while remaining at the calorie deficit.
>>
Is 3g of protein per kg of bodyweight too much?
Are 1/2/3/4 lifts 1rm or 5rm?
By cold showers you mean actually cold or lukewarm?
When I have to deload on compound exercises how much should I deload? (%)
Ty
>>
>>41673691
Yeah just at bodyweight. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>41671689
I used to be hella hench due to going to the gym daily and steroids. Now 1.5 years later I'm a chubby unfit dude that weights 205lbs at 5'10". I can see my frame is much the same and I still have some muscle mass, but I want to cut down and get fit again. I'm done with being in a rut due to my depression and my disgust with myself has finally overtaken my disgust for the world so I'm ready to get back into it.

I won't be able to get into a gym for another 2-4 weeks ( depending on income ) but I am starting my cut today. Is 2000 calories a day with about 150g protein fine for my weight of 205? I don't want to lose much muscle mass in my cut.

My goal is to lose 25lbs ( or however much I need to get down to 12ish% ) and then hop back on the juice.
>>
>>41673906
>While dieting, the jury is still out concerning whether there’s a benefit from an intake higher than 1.8-2.2g/kg for muscle retention. However, there probably are some benefits in terms of satiety and potentially mood. That said, I wouldn’t go too high, as excess protein can displace your caloric allotment for carbs and fat. Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater and end up with a sub-par diet in terms of variety, micronutrient density, and adequate nutritional support for training. Thus, I’d cap dieting protein intake at ~2.8g/kg of total body mass, or roughly 1.3g/lb.

>based on everything, I think ~0.8-1g/lb (~1.8-2.2g/kg) is probably the highest intake you’ll benefit from in terms of enhancing strength or mass gains when you’re not in a deficit. Higher intakes are fine, but the only benefit would be for people who tend to overeat in the offseason and want to limit their calorie consumption to prevent excess fat gain.

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/reflecting-on-five-years-studying-protein/
>>
what was that drug called that reduced your anxiety and made you feel social that was popular around here called?

i remember it was invented in russia and it mirrored htp or something
>>
>>41671810

Need to know more about your program and diet before this question can be answered.
>>
>>41674044
phenibut?
>>
>>41671689
I masturbate 3-7 times a day how much does it hurt my gains?
>>
>>41674086

Might not hurt your gains but it'll fuck your bodies dopamine regulation up and is linked to things like anxiety, depression, social anxiety etc
>>
>>41674044
Xanax
>>
Can I do strong lifts 5x5 plus a split in the off days? So my routine would be

>bench row squat pull ups
>cardio, arms and chest
>deadlift squat ohp
>cardio, back and arms
>rest
>repeat

I've never really done a split so I dunno. I can already hit 1234, I'm just bored
>>
>>41674161
that's just dumb, but sure, you can do that.
go ahead and let us know how it worked out.
>>
>>41674000
6 days on 1 day off.

On the day of your refeed, avoid high carbs and useless foods. Stick to fats, proteins and make sure you get your micros in, you are going to need lots of potassium. If you do decide to carb it up, leafy greens and maybe some in season summer melons. My first refeed I had watermelon and it was delisc.
>>
File: dadzoned.png (268KB, 437x597px) Image search: [Google]
dadzoned.png
268KB, 437x597px
>>41671689
>>41671831

Should I still work out if I want to do a water fast?
>>
>>41674173
Dumb why? Because splits are dumb, because no rest is dumb? Elaborate
>>
My dad is going to work in Istanbul, Turkey for two months this summer and I will join him there.
I am looking for a gym there, preferably close to Taqsim Square and neighbourhood where we'll be renting a place. Also I'd like a price estimate for a monthly subscription to the gym.
Thanks fellow turkanons.
>>
>>41674161

Your muscles need between 36 and 48 hours of rest to recover.

5x5 is a full body program meaning it hits the whole body every session.

So...
A
48 hrs
B
48hrs
A

See the pattern?

If you throw a split on the offdays you'll be effectively inhibiting muscle growth,
>>
>>41674186
Yes, just listen to your body. You won't be able to workout hard after fasting for 2-3 or more days. Workout intensity is inversely related to the length of the fast. The longer the fast, the less intense your workout will be.

Working out from only a 16 hour fast is no problem at all. This is Intermittent Fasting.
>>
>>41674196
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNUsOaB5V2c
>>
What's a good program that fits the following criteria?
>intermediate
>strength-oriented
>four days a week
>>
>>41674246
So if I'm gonna try and attempt this guy's 28 day fast, I shouldn't try and workout at all?
>>
>>41674255
>>41674255

>literally in the sticky.
>>
At what height is squatting either not worth it or too much of a hassle to do?
>>
>>41674267
(im not not him, but) sure you can, just don't expect to be able to lift the same weights or get the same amount of reps.
medium reps (~5) is easier when fasting than high reps (8+), and so is longer rest periods between sets.
intense cardio is probably not a good idea either.
but you can go train fine, as long as you listen to your body.

>>41674278
that's not a thing
>>
>>41674267
Just listen to your body. You can try to workout, but by the 3rd week you won't have much energy.

Watch his video. The only "workout" he was doing was very mild "lifting". I.e., getting the blood circulating into the muscles, not much else.

You are better off doing a 5/2 schedule (5 day fast/2 day feast). You can literally eat whatever the fuck you want for 2 days, and still lose 5-6 lbs a week with zero activity.
>>
>>41674278
Under 185 cm, thats when youre a manlet and all hope is lost.
>>
>>41672193
Milk makes it taste better, and adds some whey caseinate to the mix. But it also adds extra calories. If you're cutting, don't do it. If you're bulking, you should only be drinking shakes with whole milk.
>>
>>41672787
0. Why would the dude lie?
>>
>>41673452
They work
>>
I don't go to the gym anymore but I figured that would be a good place to ask.

I'm a welder-fitter now so I haul heavy shit around by hand all the time because >productivity
I've developed pretty insane grip strength but I noticed that a lot of the time when waking up my hands hurt pretty bad (especially at the joints and nearby). Should I be worried about this?
>>
I'm on about day 3 or 4 of keto and get a really weird smell/taste in my mouth when doing tasks. It's almost metallic, any idea?
>>
>>41674219
So, you really mean to work out every 2 days?
>>
DB BP 100 reps
DB Row 100 reps
DB Press 50 reps
DB Uprow 50 reps
DB Curl 50 reps
Face Pulls 50 reps
Neck

How good is that for upper body hypertrophy?
>>
>>41674685

No... every other day.

If you work out on monday...

24 hours later would be tuesday

24 hours later than that would be wednesday, the same time you worked out on monday, and 48 hours later.

So you're taking a a rest day in between.
>>
Any recommded 3 day volume routine, or just any good volume routine?
>>
>>41674789
just do a real program...

>>41674667
https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/1433lv/have_you_experienced_a_metallic_taste_when_in/
>>
I've been having this pain on my right leg for two months and I'm not sure what the cause is and I can't do squats anymore what do I do for leg gains?
>>
>>41674810
A real program for bodybuilding? Is there such a thing?
>>
>>41674804

Just take any compound lift, full body program drop the weight and add more volume and some accessory lifts.
>>
>>41671689
Because fat people don't have willpower
Which is why they're fat
>>
>>41674827
sure

https://github.com/healplz/rp-notes/wiki/General-Training

>>41674818
go to a doc or physio, dummy
>>
>>41673906
I want answers goddammit!
>>
>>41674877
what is physio?
>>
>>41674827

Yea if you want to bodybuild do a high volume brosplit. If you want to be a faggot at the gym and have functional strength then follow SS and SL.

By the way, I see you SS fags (the nerdy looking guy doing baby weight on bench, OHP, DL, and squats) at the gym and I see you miring. Know why? I bodybuild, and I don't give a fuck about functional strength.
>>
>>41674886
i already answered >>41674021

1/2/3/4 can be 1RM or 5RM depending on who you ask, people disagree.

the colder, the more pronounced the effect.

beginner programs recommend ~10% lighter weights.
intermediate programs recommend a volume decrease of 1~2/3.
intermediate+ programs recommend a mix of volume and weight decrease.

>>41674935
physical therapist / physiotherapist
>>
>>41674877
There is no real program there mate.
>>
>>41674968
try reading it and learning.
>>
185lb 5'9 fat bastard here

do I water fast for 3 days a week then eat or is the duration longer?
>>
How do I activate my almonds?
>>
>>41675005
doesnt really matter as long as your average caloric intake is low enough to lose weight.

put them (or other hard nuts like hazel or brazil) in water for 12 hours.
softer nuts (like cashews or pistachios) go for 5 hours.
>>
>>41675021
see >>41675056 bottom
>>
File: wbd82tC.jpg (229KB, 1265x2037px) Image search: [Google]
wbd82tC.jpg
229KB, 1265x2037px
>>41674196
>>
>>41674993
Done. Still can't find a real program
>>
>>41675066
note how it lists the working sets per bodypart per week in the first image.
also notice the different bodyparts on the right.
there you can find what a good frequency is to do them per week.
you can do whatever split you want as long as you adhere to this.

im done spoonfeeding now though
>>
>>41672193
try almond milk less carbs and calories mixes perfectly
>>
>>41671689
Because it's complete momscience nonsense
You can call it "water fasting" but it's just anorexia lmao
>>
File: 1312050122429.jpg (9KB, 252x159px) Image search: [Google]
1312050122429.jpg
9KB, 252x159px
>>41674402
why would someone lie on the internet? Gee, I don't know.
>>
>>41673906
Cold showers are actually cold and not lukewarm. Otherwise they would be lukewarm showers, genius.
>>
Do you need to keep your scapula retracted during bent over dumbbell rows? My shoulder can drop a few inches.
>>
Tips on adding swimming into my exercise regime?
I currently lift full body M,W and F. I do a morning bike ride most days (about 5 times a week)
Should swimming go on days I lift after lifting?
Or should be be on other days? And how many times do you guys think is good?
>>
For the past 3 weeks I've been on a diet consisting of no meat, no sugar, no drinks other than water and only one meal a day.

So far I've lost 11Kg

Does this diet sound unhealthy? I'm starting to worry that I may be doing damage.
>>
My college gym suddenly announced without posting anything on their website or sending an E-Mail they would only be open Monday-Thursday (4 days). I'm in the middle of a six-day PPLPPLx routine.

Are my gains fucked? Is there another routine that I can carry on into that will do the same as the PPLPPLx routine?
>>
I can never seem to hit my lats whenever I do pullups / pulldowns. I usually do 3x10 pullups and pulldowns but the lats are still lagging. Anyone have any advice on how I can hit them better?
>>
>Good mass building bodyweight programs?
Need some help, I'm currently cutting but in a few weeks I'll be bulking. The current issue is I live in a small as fuck town and the only gym just closed down for renos. Closest gym is 1.5 hr drive, and that's sure as fuck not going to work. I can handle the nutrition side, but does anyone know where I can find a good bodyweight training split?
>>
File: IMG_2265.png (2MB, 1000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2265.png
2MB, 1000x3000px
Real question is my gym doesn't have barbells but does have dumbells should I use the machines
>>
You should leave that gym
>>
>>41676310
>>41676168
It's part of my apartment tho
>>
Recently switched to this routine, is it any good

Upper Body A
- Bench Press 3x8
- Rows 3x12
- Incline DB Press 3x12
- Lat Pulldown 3x12
- Lateral Raises 3x12
- Tricep extension 3x12
- DB Curls 3x12
- BB Curls 3x12

Lower Body A
- Deadlift 3x8
- Leg Curls 3x12
- Calf Raises 3x12
- Goblet Squats 3x12
- Thrusters 3x8

Upper Body B
- Pull ups 3x8
- BB OHP 3x8
- DB Row 3x12
- DB Benchpress 3x12
- Incline DB Benchpress 3x12
- DB Flyes 3x12
- BB Curls 3x12
- Hammer Curls 3x12

Lower Body B
- Goblet Squats 3x12
- Leg Curls 3x12
- Calf Raises 3x12
- Deadlift 3x8

NEED TO GET OUT OF SKELLY MODE
>>
>>41676338
It's ok, go to the FAQ for a better one
>>
>>41675695
as long as you're getting enough macros in the right proportions then sure. if you're not eating any meat then be sure to replace the protein with eggs, cottage cheese, nuts, or whatever other alternatives. no sugar (well some small amounts of natural sugar in fruit might be ok) and drinking only water is a very good idea and most /fit/izens should be doing the same. You can allow yourself black coffee or tea as well for variety.
>>
>>41675695
forgot to add, have a multivitamin a day just to make sure you're getting enough micros, you might be lacking in things like iron if you're not eating meat. although spinach is good for that.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-09-16-19-59-1.png (397KB, 1358x1808px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-09-16-19-59-1.png
397KB, 1358x1808px
I was unable to go to the gym for a week now and won't be able to go for a few more days. My muscles seem a bit smaller than usual is this normal? Also, how much should I expect my strength to take a hit considering I'm cutting?
>>
>>41676355
>>41676362

Thanks a bunch for the good advice.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (34KB, 471x312px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
34KB, 471x312px
Will very spicy foods stop me from bulking up?
>>
>>41672228
it doesn't matter, whatever works for you
just make sure that if you eat before working out or drink your protein with milk you wait 1~2 hours before hitting the gym
>>
>>41676462
I don't see why it should. You can always drink milk if things get too spicy it will only helo with the bulk
>>
>>41672833
lots of push ups and push up variations but if you do push ups make sure you do chinups/pullups/reverse pushups or something for your rear delts, build an ab wheel or if you have a slippery floor use something to mimic an ab wheel
just do calisthenics
>>
>>41671689
This, desu. Fasting once to twice a week is awesome. Gonna fast tommorow.
>>
>>41676462

There's a study showing that spicy peppers slightly raise TDEE due to them raising body heat.
>>
>>41674255
westside barbell program
>>
Is it easier for a male to look good in his 30's and 40's compared to his 20's?
> more vascular
> stores less water weight
> thinner skin
> testosterone similar
> more years of muscle development
>>
>>41671845

definitely

you can cook beef or chicken on it everyday, very easy to clean

100% recommend
>>
I'm depressed and suicidal.
Can lifting actually help me or is it just a meme?
>>
Are squats with bands around the barbell better than regular squats?
>>
Can I please get an invite back to the /fit/ whatsapp? I got banned for a meme reason and it was kinda funny but I want back in.
>>
>>41671736
I have a workout bro who did crossfit(I know it's gay) and he would do 20 rep squat programs. His quads we're massive, so much so he needed to stop squatting because his balls would get squeezed when he ran. So ya, they work, they are just terrible for your knees.
>>
File: Irithyl.gif (95KB, 500x262px) Image search: [Google]
Irithyl.gif
95KB, 500x262px
Westside for Skinny Bastards: Anybody like it? Can I cut on this program?
It's got template to work in cardio that I may or may not use.
>>
>>41674267
Just came off an 18 day fast and have done numerous 10-14 day water fasts. Don't do any more than light exercise. You're not going to atrophy much in a few weeks anyhow.
>>
Texas method or Candito's 6 week program? Looking for strength only.
>>
>>41674363
I don't get the fast/feast cycle desu. If you've got fat to burn and want to /otter/ out then just go for the full monte sustained water fast until you get there. You have to do a couple days of careful refeeding at the end vs. a shorter stint but it's not a big deal.
>>
>>41674652
Ice those hands when you're off shift. Takes the edge off join inflammation. Long run though, you're going to have some problems. It's like any other stress related shit, nerves pinched, joins wear down. Just stay on top of that shit and make sure to use workman's comp to see a doc about it if it flares.
>>
>>41677766
Not even comparable options.
>>
Are there any decent dumb bell programs? I have shit gyms here and cant build my own gym yet
>>
Is it ok to do bodyweight exercises while in public? I'm ok with weird looks, but is it the sort of behaviour that will get me kicked out of businesses?
>>
this fasting bullshit is the most hilarious meme to hit /fit/ in years and i can't believe so many retards are falling for it

>be fat as fatass
>have no will-power/dietary discipline
>be lazy as fuck and so you look for the fastest way to defat yourself, despite the fact that this problem took years to create
>"water fast" and lose majority water/food weight
>can't even lift in the meantime
>because you've not taken the time to actually develop proper eating habits you gain back all the weight you've lost in a matter of months
>meanwhile you continue to conjure excuses to avoid actually hitting the gym and still look like shit

great work guys keep it up i'm sure you'll be fuarkin shredded in no time
>>
>>41677904
What about:
>fast in order to lose as much fat as possible
>once down to a lower bodyfat percentage, begin bulking
>>
>>41677929
The problem is starving yourself is almost guaranteed to cause binging and yoyo dieting down the road. But everyone thinks they're Captain America and that it'll never happen to them.

It's additionally hilarious that fatties want to resort to starvation instead of just eating like a fucking healthy human being for a few months
>>
What do tibia to fibula ratios imply?

E.g longer tib than fib, equal tib to fib, and longer fib than tib

What are the benefits and weaknesses of each ratio when it comes to weightlifting?
>>
>>41677904
>he's not dirty bulking and cutting with water fast
>he's eating like a woman year-round because he can't find the willpower to do what humans have done for millennia during dry seasons, winters, and famines
Sure hope you don't
>>
>>41677974
>almost guaranteed to cause binging and yoyo dieting down the road
What if you switched to a keto diet post fast? How could this be a problem?
>It's additionally hilarious that fatties want to resort to starvation instead of just eating like a fucking healthy human being for a few months
>resort
>starvation
If anything, isn't "starvation" (read fasting) more difficult than "eating like a fucking healthy human being for a few months"? Like, the people that do it obviously have enough willpower to forcibly deprive themselves of something that we all crave. Also, doesn't starvation only start when the body has gotten rid of all of the fat it can burn?
>>
Any luck with webms on ios yet?
Jb on 10.0.02, can't find a fan thing
>>
>>41678014
Damn thing *
>>
>>41678002
>How could this be a problem?
It's not a problem. Anyone with the willpower to water fast for a week or more has the willpower to get on an appropriate caloric intake afterward.
>Also, doesn't starvation only start when the body has gotten rid of all of the fat it can burn?
Yes, that's correct. The average normie obese person can water fast for a very long time without ever coming close to "starvation."
>>
Optimal compound workouts for core, obliques, and lovehandles?
>>
Is there an alternative to Squats? The bar hurts my spine inbetween my shoulders, and the pain there lasts a few days. If there's a machine at the gym that can make the load not sit right on my spine I'll try to use that and get a membership if it exists.
>>
>>41677904
Fuck you man. Water fasting saved my life. Three months on water and supplements got me down to the weight where I could exercise without blowing joints and eat lean without cravings wracking my brain all day long. That shit is vital for fat fucks who want to change. Don't fucking meme about it.
>>
File: 1485410814270.gif (4MB, 400x335px) Image search: [Google]
1485410814270.gif
4MB, 400x335px
I want to do a 40 day long water fast next year, for all the autophagy and neurogenesis and shit. Do you have to be fat to fast that long?
>>
>>41678117
You'll drop about 5-10lb a week, so if you're a skellington you should do some bulking ahead of time.
>>
>>41677974
>mfw intermediate trainee
>mfw use water fasts to do fast cuts to manage body fat and weight without spending months eating like a bird and making no progress in the gym
lmao at gymcels that look and lift the same weights for years because they're afraid of both bulking and crash dieting
>>
>>41678079
Weighted hanging sit ups
Youret welcome
>>
>>41678137
You can't water fast because I didn't water fast and I don't want you to cut harder than me REEEEEE!
>>
>>41678149
I really don't get why idiots (no doubt people lifting <2 years who just learned about CICO) get so mad about the existence of an extremely efficient strategy that requires no micromanagement, long term commitment and enables you to train again very, very quickly.
>>
File: magical.png (56KB, 199x189px) Image search: [Google]
magical.png
56KB, 199x189px
So I wanna pseudo water fast. Lots of water, salt on the small portions of food I do eat, occasional multi vitamin pill. Sounds safe?
>>
>>41678167
Because they're tedious autistic cunts who are proud of their boiled chickun lifestyle. They get extremely mad when you show them out /ottermode/ and tell them a month ago you were scarfing pizza between lagers.
>>
>>41678179
also, I mean really really small portions. I figure a vit pill will help with any nutrition issues too
>>
>>41678197
>>41678179
That's totally unrelated to a fast of any kind. You're just doing a massive calorie restriction so you'll always be hungry unlike a true water fast where hunger ceases after the first day or two.
>>
>>41678216
I found the advice image from up there earlier about what to do and what to buy, I'll probably do that. Thanks anyway, Anon, it's good to know that'd be a bad move
>>
Serious question that i need answered by tonight.

With SS 5x5. Do i increase weight on every set or every session?
>>
What do tibia to fibula ratios imply?

E.g longer tib than fib, equal tib to fib, and longer fib than tib

What are the benefits and weaknesses of each ratio when it comes to weightlifting?
>>
>>41678251
session
>>
>>41678265
>What do tibia to fibula ratios imply?

no hablo español
>>
>>41678300
Question 2. Should i just stick with the 3 main lifts, or add something else? Can you break down how the session shouldd go inc: warm up, empty practise set, warm down and the durations of each. I've read the sticky, i just want to make sure my minds on the same path as tippletoe intended before i spear head SS
>>
>>41678321
I mean, I'm a newbie like yourself, but I'll tell you what I do. Maybe I'll also get corrected.
Warm up:
2-3 reps of weight starting from the bar up until the current weight in 10 lb increments. I do this for each exercise except DL. These are the "practice sets" I guess.

The actual 5x5.

I only do a cool down if I feel it but if I do then I just reverse the trend of the warm up.

As for the other days, I guess you can use them as rest, but you can also use them for working out areas that aren't touched by the program, like abs. I guess you could look up a core workout to complement SS. I just rest though. Your body needs it.
>>
Should one deadlift on the Smolov-squat-program squat programme? I feel like my performance in the programme would suffer, any anons do it?
>>
>>41678251
>>41678321
>>41678355
Generally increase weight after each successful workout. Try a weight again if you fail once. If you fail more than once at a weight, go back to the just below the last weight you made successfully and work your way up. That's a general guideline good for all, not necessarily the one on SL, but keep in mind SL is just a fucking ripoff of SS (as is GSLP), and the guideline I'm giving is roughly that for SS per the Practical Programming book.

The SS program goes beyond the three main lifts by adding a couple of accessories once your Power Clean form looks good. Chins, Pullups, GHR, Back Extensions. If you feel you need more, work in some sets of Dips, using the same guidelines as the Chins (3xMax, if you can do 10-15 with bodyweight then add weight for 3x5-7 in alternate sessions) and on the days where you're not doing the Chins/Pullups. If you're GAY and like big arms, then add some supersets of curls and triceps (skullcrushers or french press or pushdowns) after every workout, if you don't blast yourself silly with a dozen sets and keep it reasonable like 2-3x10-15 it shouldn't hurt your recovery and might help you feel better about your guns.

The specific warmup, Ripp recommends the bar for 5+, then 3-5 sets of decreasing reps incremental to the working set, at roughly even increments between the bar and the working set.
> target 350
> bar is 45, 5 warmup sets for adding 305 is adding roughly 50 per
> 5x45, 4x95, 3x145, 2x195, 1x245, 1x300
Adjust the above based on what works for you.

Ripp doesn't suggest cooldowns with the bar. I would just stretch after the workout. Pic related is GOAT routine.

Doing abs on off days is retarded. You want your abs rested for squats and deads. If you do anything on off days, do light cardio. Mild biking, elliptical, incline walking on a treadmill, etc. for 30-45 min at max.
>>
File: 1496534600135s.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1496534600135s.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>first ever scoop of mr. hyde preworkout
>feel like I'm hulking out
>feel nothing with subsequent scoops

how do I get that first scoop feeling back?
>>
How does someone lean bulk? Is it just eating protein and working out without enough calories for you to put on fat?
>>
>>41678527
Thanks mate. I havent actually read about chinup or dip addons. How many workouts would be suitable per session in your mind? Or would it vary on time available to me?
>>
>>41678234
Never do a water fast, do psmf instead. Lyles way. Water fast loses muscle, psmf doesnt really.
>>
>>41678698
It is a term used for bulking that consists of eating "clean" food, aka whole foods and no fucking pizza everyday. Chicken and veggies and so on. It also means that the kcal surplus is only around 200 above tdee. Basically it could be TDEE +1 kcal and that would be ideal but no one can calculate it that accurately.

Other end is the bulk in which people eat micronutrient poor, yet kcal rich foods and eat like tdee + 1000 kcal a day. Thats shit.
>>
>>41677571
yes bro it can
>>
Probably dumbest question here:
Can alot of cardio interfere with your gains at all? I want to bulk really hard for the next three months, but I really enjoy playing ALOT of DDR.
>>
Why the fuck is my squat progression so weak? I've been lifting for about 3 months now (doing SL 5x5) and my OHP is now 95 lbs for 5x5, my bench is 125 for 5x5, while I can barely squat 135 for 5x5 without feeling like I'm going to drop dead and rise up slow as fuck out of the hole. Isn't your lower body supposed to be a lot stronger than the upper? Is it a problem with form?
>>
>>41678883
Im not sure whats DDR, google only told me about nazies. But yes, too much cardio kills gains. Slows down recovery times and consumes calories, so you have to eat more and rest more to recover. Usually people focus a certain sport or going to the gym and then help the main target with the other.
Cardio IS really healthy though, dont stop doing it. Volume is what matters.
>alot

Its a lot u fucking faggit shti
>>
>>41678941
Take a video and see yourself. Only way to find out. If it looks good to you and cant find a fault, show it to someone else who knows more. How much do you eat?
>>
>>41678969
I'm eating at a 500 cal deficit right now. I'm skinnyfat so I'm trying to cut down until I can see my abs and lose my lovehandles before I start bulking
>>
>>41679007
Well, you said it yourself. If youre cutting dont expect to gain much. If you feel frustrated by that, just go lower man and eat at a 1k deficient and be done with the cut faster. Im sure the "cut as fast as possible and bulk a slowly as possibly" truly is something to keep in mind.
I mean the normal -500 kcal cut fucks up with mentality so easily, losing weight slowly and gains getting fucked. You ever tried other methods? Talking about PSMF and such.
>>
>>41679026
I am getting pretty frustrated by the slow weight loss, but I think a 1000 kcal deficit might be too much for me. I'm already hungry as fuck as it is, that would be be a nightmare for me. And I haven't looked into any of that stuff, I'm a complete beginner to fitness stuff
>>
>>41679007
why are you complaining about progression if you're cutting
>>
>>41679057
Okay, not sure if those should be used by beginnners. I dont know enough to say for that matter, sorry. But looking at lyle mcdonalds stuff would be great for anyone, see bodyrecomposition.com for more stuff. Good shit.
>>
>>41671689

I built a home gym at the end of February and since then have been working on my benchpress. Having gone from barely able to bench the bar to being stuck at 50kg benchpress for nearly two weeks. I have been doing 5x5 and can do so with any weight up to and including 47.5kg but once I move up to 50kg I can barely manage three sets.

What can I do to get out of this plateau?

Should probably add that benchpress is currently the only exercise I do. Though a friend is going to teach me squats, deadlifts, overhead press, rows, and all that good stuff in a few weeks once the semester comes to a close.

Should also probably add that I bench three days a week with a day of rest in between each session.
>>
>>41679060
>>41679060
I know I probably shouldn't, but the weight I'm squatting makes me feel like a little bitch
>>
How detrimental to someones health would it be to do an all out sprint to the point where you get that taste of blood in the back of your throat and then continue to sprint until you are physically unable to go any longer? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>41679087
you look like you just started
you arent going to be strong fast especially when you're trying to cut
it took me close to a year to barely break 200 then i got fat but it took me about 4 months to beat that after 2 year hiatus
>>
>>41679116
Do it once and you'll recover
It's also a sport and people earn money with it
But you sound more like mental issues, do you want to talk about it? Maybe even kik?
>>
>>41679135
No, no mental issues, just shit lungs and sprinting is good, but I always get a bit worried when I get that taste in the back of my throat and stop.
>>
>>41679084
Take 10% off, and work yourself up again while doing the last set to failure, like not stopping at 5
You may be interested in gslp as an alternative to ss/sl
>>
File: honking max.gif (158KB, 209x193px) Image search: [Google]
honking max.gif
158KB, 209x193px
Reminder that high calorie autist fuel like chicken tenders, hot pockets, peanut butter, and cheese are great foods for high intensity workout and that NEETs, with the addition of some decent veggies and greens, are quite literally eating like Michael Phelps already.

Water fasting is a gimmick for women. Hit that bench press and walk for one hour a day, watch the pounds come off.
>>
>>41679148
I hope you mean taste of lactic acid and not actual blood btw.

>>41679164
I also have a TDEE of 8 000 kcal.
>>
>>41679178
Probably, does it taste the same? I'm no fucking scientist.
>>
>>41679184
nigger what the fuck

the bad smell in your throath while overtraining is lactic acid

everyone knows how blood tastes like. Just use the proper term so no one will get worried next time lul
>>
>>41679153

Drop 10% whilst maintaining 5x5? Sounds reasonable enough. Thank you.

Last set to failure? I've not tried that before. If you do not have a spotter or anything protecting you if you fail a rep on benchpress will you end up doing the roll of shame every workout? Or by failure do you mean when you can instinctively tell that you cannot manage another rep and not when you begin a rep and only find out halfway through that it is rolling time?

I have only heard good things about greyskull. As a beginner how do SS/SL/Greyskull/ICF and all the other beginner workouts actually differ though?
>>
>>41672193
>>41672984
>>41673654
your farts are not because of too much protein, it's the shit that's mixed in that your body doesn't digest properly like the artificial sweetners use 100% whey and you'll see
>>
>>41679191

Not the dude you're replying to but I think I know what he means. I used to be really into cycling when I was younger and often when doing hill sprints I would taste what I thought to be blood in the back of my throat. Generally got it when my heart was beating super hard and my vision started turning blurry. Almost purple at times which was weird. At the end of a lot of hill sprints I would literally collapse and just lie down on the side of the road looking up at the sun. No idea what that taste actually was but I do now understand that I was probably pushing myself far too hard and too frequently.
>>
When lifting I get dizzy and get headaches and stuff. basically really bad discomfort in my head when I exert myself. I've tried breathing as much as I can, but I sitll get it, and it's limiting my lifting potention more than muscle fatigue. ESPECIALLY squats. Is this normal? Does it go away in a few months? I've been lifting for a month wiht shit consistency and I still get it on some lifts.
>>
>>41679244
google exertion headache and see if it fits your symptoms.
>>
>>41679280
>exertion headache
I think it's exactly exertion headaches. thank you. What should I do about them?
>>
I have chest DOMS after 6 days of rest. Will I ever make it?
>>
>>41679448
You'll miss doms
>>
>>41679164
i walk everyday, and lift every other day. am I going to make it?
>>
>>41679116
>>41679178
>>41679191
It is quite common for athletes to get blood taste in the mouth after intense exercise.
Most probably caused by intense heavy breathing especially in cold air. This causes superficial damage to your lung epithelia ( top cel layer)
This is nothing to worry about
>>
File: File 4-6-2017, 4 57 28 PM.jpg (341KB, 1000x1283px) Image search: [Google]
File 4-6-2017, 4 57 28 PM.jpg
341KB, 1000x1283px
Is my upper back posture fucked?
It looks fucking rounded, and is my neck too forward?
>>
>>41679707
lmao
>>
File: obama.jpg (16KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
obama.jpg
16KB, 460x288px
How do I achieve pic related?
>>
File: 1490369500065.jpg (30KB, 480x465px) Image search: [Google]
1490369500065.jpg
30KB, 480x465px
I squat & deadlift 4 plates but I've never power cleaned or snatched or jerked in my life and barely know which are which

I want to get started with OWL but really don't have a clue what I'm doing and where to start and nobody at my gym seems to really do OWL.

Any good youtube vids or should I just start power cleaning and go from there? What sort of weight should I expect if I'm deadlifting 4 plates and OHP 1 plate?

Also howcome I can't upload webms here, even if they're less than 4mb?
>>
>>41679707
>Removes the face but not the tiny cock

You have pretty bad rounded/hunched shoulders and upper back, probably from weak core and/or knees too far forward. Do heavy deadlifts for a year and you'll sort that right out.
>>
>>41672787
10 all his videos are fake
>>
>>41671689
water fasting seems like a meme
wont it just get rid of the gainz and turn you into a skelly
and you have to do cardio anyway fat wont just leave without all gainz going away
>>
>>41674219

Is running on off days a bad idea?
>>
How do I get into stretching when I hate stretching? I can't even touch my feet.
>>
I just started lifting and i think i went overboard on thursday. While lifting, everything was fine but the day after my left arm was totally fucked - he did really hurt (not just sore, real pain) and i could not stretch him. Now the pain is mostly gone but i still cant stretch him without hurting.
Should i continue the regular regime today (doing the 5x5 amatuer workout in the OP), skip training till it is healed, or do some cardio?
>>
File: sheev.png (78KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
sheev.png
78KB, 500x382px
I've been doing a pretty entertaining AxBxCxx routine for the past few weeks, but there are no ab exercises in there (I know you train your core with various exercises) and I want to do some ab workouts. What do you think is best?

Pic unrelated, just glad I caught your attention.
>>
>>41680564
Did you forget to warm up by any chance? Lots of new lifters make that mistake.
>>
So I've generally gathered that it's ok to work out during the first few days of your water fast, but should I sauna? I want to obtain that additional 40 percent HBH boost from the sauna during the fast to maintain gainz but idk if it's gonna fuck me up. Also, is magnesium really vital during the fast? Should I do cardio even after I stop lifting after day 3?
>>
>>41680590
Im doing a set of the exercise with no weights as warmup as the link in the sticky suggests.
>>
>>41679244
I had something like this before. Don't forget to breath properly. Make sure you always inhale and exhale each rep.
>>
Has anyone here had success with intermittent fasting?
>>
File: 1487617576989.jpg (29KB, 480x458px) Image search: [Google]
1487617576989.jpg
29KB, 480x458px
>>41680521
>How do I do something I don't want to do
That's called discipline and not being an 8 year old child who does whatever they want. Most of us grow out of it before the age of 10

>>41680586
Deadlifts in my experience. Squats are good too but deadlifts are king for abs and core.
None of it matters unless you're sub 14% bodyfat though.

>>41680564
Referring to your arm in third person is the gayest thing I've seen all day but generally you should go very light during injury, depending on what you've done to yourself. See a doctor first obviously.
>>41680616
If you're doing stuff with just the bar and you've injured yourself you're presumably either a jew escaping from Auschwitz or obese beyond any human semblance. Either way you need to talk to a doctor.

>>41679244
Almost always breathing. I get this when lifting 4 plates+ in squats because I don't have room to breathe out on the way up. Tell tale sign is little flashing stars/lines in your sight when you go heavy enough.

Work on breathing properly.

>>41680630
Both success and failure. When I initially tried it I just got hungrier later in the day and packed in more calories from junk food as a result. After combining it with low-carb/keto diet and improving my binge eating in the evenings it's worked wonders.

I've always eaten in the evenings though and I have a hard time calling what is a normal way of eating Intermittent Fasting, it's just normal human eating.
>>
Should I just join a gym or buy a 7ft Olympic barbell, weights and a bench and make some gains without having to wait about and ask people if I can get on that when they're finished or worry about pulling faces or my mannerisms and shit when I'm lifting or being critiqued all the time.

The gyms in my area are busy as fuck and have shit all free weight equipment, mostly meme machines and treadmills and cost like £40 a month...
>>
>>41680378
>and you have to do cardio anyway

kek
>>
Bodyweight routine I can do when I'm not able to lift weights for whatever reason?
>>
Vitamin D, what's a good international delivery source for it? I've used Puritan's Pride but I'm curious for other brands, not sure if Puritan's is a great choice.
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
>>41680742
Everyone has conflicting input but as a very antisocial person who's been lifting for 1.5 years and made amazing progress- a gym membership is better in every respect for 95% of the population.

Either way, try out a gym for 30 days and decide afterwards- it's free or cheap and lets you know the pros and cons of each.
For business, timing is everything. Gyms here are also busy but only at peak times and are dead at the weekends and mornings/late nights/early afternoons, same is probably true everywhere.

I've tried Puregym and Xercise4less, both £12-15/month and all over the UK

>>41680760
>Vitamin D, what's a good international delivery source for it?
The sun
>>
>>41680782
Pure gym is not £12-15 here in London friendo
>>
>>41680782
>The sun
kek

>>41680760
iherb is probably one of the only online stores that send world wide, at least almost. Isnt your local pharmacy an option?
>>
>>41680751
Not an expert on this but two calisthenic exercises that worked really well for me are diamond/tricep pushups and pullups. Pretty much doing a set throughout the day whenever you can will achieve results.

>>41680742
Either way works, not sure if benching at home alone is a good idea. Make sure form and safety are in check. Personally I lift at home and enjoy it that way.
>>
i want to get rid of dat estrogen
is a BPA free plastic bottle good enough for everyday use or should i spend a few bucks more on a glass one?
any suggestions?
>>
>>41680808
I dont see a reason not to, just make sure the rack you get includes safety bars. Obviously benching without safeties alone is an injury risk factor.
>>
>>41680782
Lol goddamnit

>>41680796
I'm in Sri Lanka, last I checked you can't buy Vitamin D here.

We get a lot of sun here, but having brown skin and waking up around noon means I can't get the optimal amount from it.
>>
>>41680808
I'll be lifting in the back garden so I have plenty of room to throw the bar off of me when lifting, also what's wrong with just rolling the bar off if u fail a rep

>>41680817
https://www.mirafit.co.uk/mirafit-2pc-squat-stand.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwl9DIBRCG_e3DwsKsizsSJADMmJ11TnhrDuUXOYY-3vqC1y2v94631YDVd_1KqJut9iGRXxoCJsbw_wcB

https://www.mirafit.co.uk/gym-equipment/weight-benches/mirafit-folding-adjustable-fid-weight-bench.htm

Gonna get these 2
>>
Can anyone help me out, so I've recently gotten back into exercising and eating healthy. I eat around 1500 calories and walk about 6-9 miles and run 1 everyday. At first I was losing weight like 2 lbs a week but now (the third week in) I won't drop anymore weight. So in total I've only lost 3 lbs.
>>
File: landantown.png (32KB, 913x573px) Image search: [Google]
landantown.png
32KB, 913x573px
>>41680787
Depends where you go. Offpeak is almost always <£10

>>41680842
Vitamin D supplementation has been shown to have negligible results, and diet makes up less than 3% of healthy vitamin D intake. Again, exposure to daylight and sunshine is key. You only need an hour or two per day.

>>41680816
Stop worrying about memes and work out more and fix your diet. Those two changes will reduce estrogen a hundred times more than drinking out of a different type of bottle or whatever else you read on a blog.

>>41680875
You're consuming more calories than you're expending. Read the sticky and fix your diet.
>>
>>41680842
What really? It's banned in sri lanka? Fuck, thats odd man.

>>41680847
Dunno man, 2nd link not working and 1st one looks like theyre separated from each other? That means wobbly as fuck. You better be a DIY kinda guy to get these fixed at home to be more stable.
Rolling the bar off at higher weights isnt nice, also if you for example dont just fail a rep, but fuck up a shoulder or elbow joint and literally drop the bar, then what? Safeties catch them, anything else wont.
>>
>>41680891
Dont listen to this faggot here, being in the sun for the sake of vitamin D is literally asking for skin cancer. Oral pills are effective 100% as they literally raise one's vit D levels, which can be fucking tested with blood work. It's stupid to say that vitamin D from pills wouldnt absorb.
>>
>>41680893
It's not banned, pharmacies just don't sell it here (among other things), it just happens with a developing country like SL where not everything is available.
>>
What program should I be doing right now as a skinnyfat dude trying to cut body fat? I'm 6'2 185lbs at somewhere around ~20-23% bodyfat. I understand how to cut body fat, but I feel like I'm wasting opportunity if I don't lift during this time. As you can't put on weight while in a caloric deficit, what kind of program should I be doing until I start bulking? Stronglifts?
>>
File: 1496488687015.jpg (632KB, 2500x1667px) Image search: [Google]
1496488687015.jpg
632KB, 2500x1667px
>>41680907
>literally asking for skin cancer
The reason your skin tans is because your cells are protecting against radiation. You're not going to get cancer from something we've experienced literally since the beginnings of our species unless you're doing something very retarded

>Oral pills are effective 100% as they literally raise one's vit D levels
Conjecture but you're mostly wrong. Examine has a good page showing why they're mostly bullshit. Yes, there is a marked difference in many people after 6-12 months of Vitamin D supplementation above 5,000ui, but it's often negligible compared to the less costly and more sensible approach of simply living like a normal human being and getting sunshine and that's assuming you're A. Buying an expensive and reputable brand which basically don't exist at 5,000ui+ B. Taking enough to make an improvement and C. Adhering to it for long enough to make a noticeable difference to hormones and immune function

My immune system was fucked from type 1 diabetes for 10 years and I did a ton of research into supplementation and the history of Vitamin D and 99% of people aren't going to make any difference with supplements.
>>
>>41680972
>should I be doing right now as a skinnyfat dude trying to cut body fat?
Fork putdowns 5x5

Read the sticky. Losing weight is about consuming less calories than you expend.

Cardio is good if you want to spend more calories proactively. Strength training is good if you want to spend more calories passively. Find out how many you need to lose and plan accordingly based on time.

In short, strength training wins almost every time if you're going to be losing weight for more than a month but both are useful.

Read the sticky and pick a routine.
>>
>>41671689

skinny guy here, i bulked from 56kg to 62kg but gained some amount of fat, is it okay to take a 1/2 week mini cut to lose them all without losing too much strength? It is possible to go up on my lifts on a cut?

if i'm going on a cut, can i use protein isolates to take in the extra protein? Since i heard whey protein leave the body very fast.
>>
>>41680972
if you are a complete dyel you actually can put on mass while losing bf

lift on a slight bulk
>>
>>41680986
I understand that losing body fat is a caloric deficit issue, however my concern is that I could be spending this time in the gym increasing or at least maintaining what little natural strength I may have.

>>41680995
I didn't really see mention of this in the sticky, is this broscience?
>>
Will doing ab exercises help reduce stomach fat?
>>
File: 1496230815207.jpg (1MB, 2160x1306px) Image search: [Google]
1496230815207.jpg
1MB, 2160x1306px
>>41680992
>is it okay to take a 1/2 week mini cut to lose them all without losing too much strength?
If you're skinny why would you want to? But yes, we're not your parents, make your own choices. Cutting earlier and regularly is always better/easier.

> It is possible to go up on my lifts on a cut?
Yes but rare after a month of lifting or without steroids

>if i'm going on a cut, can i use protein isolates to take in the extra protein? Since i heard whey protein leave the body very fast.
Protein as a supplement is generally a waste of time until you reach 1/2/3/4
Just my opinion from my experiences but proper diet is way more important than anything else- eat enough protein and eat properly then worry about supplementing when your lifts wont go up any more after 1-2 years.

Nothing inherently wrong with it, just don't buy into memes.

>>41681018
>I understand that losing body fat is a caloric deficit issue, however my concern is that I could be spending this time in the gym increasing or at least maintaining what little natural strength I may have.
A sensible concern since it's right. Lifting will help you lose weight faster, particularly when compounded over time. If you're dyel you'll likely gain strength for a month if you're not cutting too hard. After that I'd recommend lifting at maintenance or slightly below til you reach a good bodyfat (<15%)

>>41681021
Not any more than doing curls. Read the sticky.
>>
File: 212343245.jpg (164KB, 1930x1258px) Image search: [Google]
212343245.jpg
164KB, 1930x1258px
>>41681018
>I didn't really see mention of this in the sticky, is this broscience?
well i dont have a peer reviewed journal to refer you to, if that's what you're asking

but i've heard it before on /fit/ and it was the case for me as well
>>
File: VID_20170603_171546.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
VID_20170603_171546.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Form check - I believe my setup is wrong somewhere and my back is rounding (not much, but still). Can someone correct me here? This is far from my maximal pull, will post more if necessary.

Sorry for this stupid branding.
>>
>>41681048
>If you're skinny why would you want to

i-i have a small belly and uhh i want to sort of lose it. i don't need to see abs, just don't want that bulge.

reason for using protein isolate is that they are pretty cheap for the amount of protein they have, and it's pretty convenient. is it advisable to take them out a cut to meet protein requirement though?
>>
>>41672118
Why tho?
>>
>>41680973
I certainly hope that you guys rather take a dermatologists' recommendations more seriously than some kids blog post on fucking 4chan. Stay safe people, dont get skin cancer. If youre a white guy, avoid sun during summer when it's at it's highest and eat your vitamin D to ensure your gains.
>>
Why do you care about retaining muscle if you're obese?

If you needed muscle and use your strength often, you wouldn't be obese. Who cares if you lose muscle? You'll still be slimmer
>>
Can anyone tell me roughly how much time each workout takes in Wendler's 5/3/1 on a 4-day template vs a 2-day template?

I'm currently doing the Texas Method, but my work week is leaving me too sleep deprived for quality, enjoyable completion of 3 training sessions a week. So I was thinking of switching to 5/3/1 2-days per week, but the 4-day one actually looks kinda doable - more days per week, but more dispersed.
>>
>>41681018
>I didn't really see mention of this in the sticky, is this broscience?
Called noob gains, definitely work while eating at a calorie deficient. Your body is just so untrained that it builds muscle to a certain point really easily. Most lifters have anecdotal evidence of noob gains, it would be rather rare to not have gotten any of them.
>>41681083
The part I can see looks good, if you want you can just take a quick reminder of basics by looking up the first vid that comes up by youtubeing Rippetoe deadlift. Honestly, move the camera further.
>>
Been doing a 6 day split for 5 months while losing weight, dropped 18kg and my bench is only 30kg, should I do stronglifts and bulk now?
>>
>>41681083
Actually looks really good. Lats look unengaged and scapula should be back more, also I'd like to see you breathe in more to visibly brace you core, but it could just be obscured by tshirt
Also looks like you're lifting with your arms instead of your hips to a degree.

>>41681084
>i don't need to see abs, just don't want that bulge.
Then you're either dyel or not skinny. Lose weight and lift.

> is it advisable to take them out a cut to meet protein requirement though?
No. Again, supplements are never recommended over food, but I'm not your mom.
>>
>>41681195
The less experienced you are to lifting, the smaller your "split" should be. Most beginners are good to start with a programme that is like SS for example, focuses on main lifts and does almost a whole bodyworkout every time. What you did was waster your time for 5 months at the gym. Burned calories, but thats it. Read sticky for further info, and do yourself a favour and treat yourself as a completele beginner.

You are male, right?
>>
File: 1496555389196.jpg (35KB, 440x310px) Image search: [Google]
1496555389196.jpg
35KB, 440x310px
How do you all keep track of your RDI? I want to be able to set up a diet regime where I get all of my vitamins and whatnot but I have no idea where to start reading up on it all.
>>
File: 20170528_134711-02.jpg (787KB, 1822x1768px) Image search: [Google]
20170528_134711-02.jpg
787KB, 1822x1768px
>>41681207

Okay am I considered any fat? Should I continue bulking or cutting?

This was taken after a session and it doesn't look so bad here, but every night after eating my belly gets a small bulge and it's irritating.
>>
Does anyone have a review or something similar considering plastic bottles and xenoestrogens?

I usually just use plastic bottles I bought with water and refill them constantly. If there is some thruth to it I'd consider buying a non-estrogenic bottle.

Thanks!
>>
>tfw you slip up on form during your final rep of diddles
feels terrible man, had a really good workout before that too, does this ever happen to you? I am pretty sure it was due to my hip placement being whack. I went through with the lift anyway because I was determined but I could feel my upper back straightening itself out towards the end of the lift like vid related https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KRjxaiG6F4 didn't feel good guys
>>
File: VID_20170603_172800.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
VID_20170603_172800.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>41681207
>>41681189
Thanks. That was 140 kg, now posting 170 kg, which is my max right now. Posting only 2 last reps, as file came out too big. I think that I am too close to the bar and because of that I start with my hips too high.
>>
>>41681214
Yes sir.
>>
>>41681318
So did you watch the rippetoes DL vid? He literally talked just about what you asked.

baka
>>
>>41681539
I did, but some strong dudes, that are competing come and tell me that this looks fine, so I am really confused.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170604-152929.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170604-152929.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
I'm new to the fitness world, I have 2 dumbbells and a pull up bar at home and thats all I've done so far, pic related. I want to start going to the gym but what should I start working on?
>>
>>41681585
So they specifically denied the 2-3 cm start from the bar and the general things ripp said? I mean he didnt even say any rocket science stuff, you just wondering if youre too close to the bar should be answered quite easily with the vid.
>>
>>41681603
ur nasty fucking nipples fix that gyno faggot
>>
so i see a lot of people say ECA stacks are god tier, what results could i expect from one while lifting and eating decent?
>>
>>41677758
Curious, what were your results? Preparing to do the same after watching his video
>>
>>41681682
I personally do not recommend them. Ephedrine can have a variety of different responses to your system including increased anxiety/irritability and even heart palpitations.

Overall all it does is suppress hunger and keep your heartrate too high. It may burn an extra 100 or 200 cal a day. You should NOT work out while under the effects of it.
>>
>>41673306
I think your real problem here is something else
>3 minutes
>>
>>41681887
better than me I masturbate too much and can't cum during sex unless I jack myself off for like 5 minutes
>>
My training partner is going to be away for a large portion of the summer. Can I do dumbbell press instead of bench press when I don't have a spotter?
>>
>>41671689
I can get back from work around 18:30, basically gym at 19:00.
Should I eat my dinner before gym or after? I read somewhere that it should pass 3 hours before going to the gym if you eat. I don't want to go on an empty stomach because my lunch is at 12:30. Maybe I'll just grab a shake before gym and eat after?
>>
>>41671689
fasting makes you hate life. The only way to fast correctly is if you've got a shit ton of manual work to do in your free time to distract you from the hunger, because many people are used to eating while entertaining themselves.
If you can break the habit of eating while watching movies and shows you'll be fine, but if you can't then it's 3x harder.
Also, not everybody can afford to go low blood sugar mode at work.
But yeah, if you're unemployed and have access to a garden or workshop, get fasting.
>>
Hey guys, went into a 60 hours fast. It was the longest I could fast.

To be honest, it was a living hell. I felt really low energy and I had food in my mind all the time. I think diet soda helped, why do you condemn it?

Also: how many days would be ideal to get the full benefits from fasting? I have 30 lbs to my goal weight, and I'm interested in lowering insulin resistance and weight loss.
>>
Should I weigh chicken breasts frozen, thawed or cooked?
>>
>>41671689
can i do cardio on offdays while doing greyskull lp or will it fuck up my progression?

how about ab work?
>>
>>41682321
Just eat a moderate amount of food and lift a lot, you will build muscle and lose fat
>>41682444
I weight thawed
>>
so /fit/ I measure my neck, stomach, and thigh every 5 weeks to keep track of progress.

since my last measurement, it seems I gained half an inch on my stomach and neck, but lost almost a whole inch off my thigh.

what's the deal?
>>
If I've been working out 7 days a week for several months (mildly intense bodyweight routine in the morning) and I start taking one or 2 rest days a week (provided I keep a good diet and indulge responsibly), will I start getting fat/losing gains or will this help my recovery long term? Realizing this way of living is unsustainable but can't break the cycle REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Just did a 1pl8 dead today. How long till I make it?
>>
>>41682576
you may have fricked over your muscle growth by not having rest days previously. Adding a couple / week will definitely not inhibit your gains though
>>
>>41682612
My problem with this routine is that I'm eating more than I should and sleeping too little. Provided I take a rest day once a week and fix these issues, can I continue making it or have I fucked myself over already?
>>
>>41677904
>no-will power
>does a fucking water fast
Are you serious? Water fasting is at least 100x harder than eating 500 calories less a day. Terrible point.
>>
>>41678092
Do shrugs for a month to get bigger traps, then start squatting again.
Alternatively, change the bar placement so that it's not on your neck and on your traps. Or you could switch to lowbar. Or use a pussy pad
>>
>>41676375
Bump
>>
>>41681291

bump.
>>
>>41678092

why not get one of those rubber thingy they put on the bar
>>
>>41682576
you should not be lifting every single day, you body needs rest days, even if only 2. Lifting 7 times a week just means your lifts won't progress as you're never fully recovering.

>>41682583
not sure if shitposting but a 1pl8 deadlift is like saying you can cook after frying an egg. Good for you but it's not impressive in the slightest.

>>41682640
there's always time for improvement. I'd say if you have been doing 7 days a week for a while, take a full week off and eat at maintenance. Then start again at a total 10% deload of your usual weights and progress from there with your new rest days.

>>41676375
You'll probably see a small decrease in strength but it's not going to murder you. Make sure you keep up those protons.

>>41681291
That looks to be 14-15%. Not bad at all. Not much muscle either but you're not fat. You could cut, but I would say go ahead and leanbulk until 18-20%.
>>
>>41683055
>leanbulk

what does lean bulk actually means? do i eat big but avoid junk food?

what kind of junk food do i avoid? so far i have been avoiding only processed sugar since apparently those are supposed to be really bad for you. but i still eat the occasional unhealthy fast food and shit, and i replace every soda with coke zero.
>>
Is front squats and deadlifts enough for training legs?
>>
>>41683131
there are 3 "types" of bulking. I say that in quotations because it's just lazy definitions of the same thing.

You have bulking, which is typically aiming to gain a pound each week (typically a 500 cal surplus) while having a focus on protein, carbs, and healthy fats. It's not an excuse to just eat a bunch of garbage.

Lean bulking is the same as bulking, but just more limited. Typically you're gaining 0.5-0.75 pounds a week to limit fat gain while still maintaining more muscle growth. People who are skinnier prefer this since you can bulk for longer without need to cut as long as you would for a typical bulk. The downside is that muscle gain is slower than a regular bulk, but also less fat gain.

Then there's dirty bulking, which is just an excuse to pig out and eat whatever you want while lifting. Most people who do this usually don't count their calories and end up getting fat even though they are growing muscle.

to each their own but I think most people prefer lean bulking once they get skinnier. Really thin guys or skinnyfats will probably want to regular bulk to put on as much muscle as possible in a short time, and hungry skeletons are going to dirty bulk to look like a real person before the end of their lives.
>>
>>41683055

>>41682576>>41682640
samefag here, my last off-day from working out was in March, so a week would probably do me some good before going back in with rest days as part of the routine
>>
>>41683213
so

>bulking
>slightly more fine-tuned bulking
>bulking as an excuse to just eat a bunch of garbage
>>
>>41683238
lean bulking isn't necessarily more fine tuned, just less of a surplus. That's literally the only difference. You're eating the same foods, just a little less.
>>
>>41683213

So basically I should probably aim for around 200-400 calorie surplus instead of 500? Gotcha.

Also is hitting macros more important or calorie goal? For example if I exceeded my daily fat macro, and I'm still far from my calorie goal, should I continue eating or not, if doing so would increase my fat macros.
>>
>>41683265
unless you're vastly going over your macro goals I wouldn't worry too much. Get at-least 0.8g/lb of protein, 30% of your daily calories should be from fat, and the rest carbs.

Try to stay away from soda, alcohol, and sugar. Otherwise go nuts, experiment, find some good meals.
>>
>>41683203
Mass wise definitely. Make sure you add in a few sets of leg curl machine too to ensure the knee end hamstring activation. With those three youre set. Calves obviously but yeah I get ur point.
>>
>>41683265
500 surplus is retarded as fuck. If you get a 100 kcal surplus, perfect. Thing is you cant count that accurately, so aim for 200-300 surplus. Anything over is fucking retarded. 400+ is dirty bulk and wont help you gain any more muscle, surplus is a surplus. Bulk for as long as you can and cut for as little as you can. Both do wonders for mentality.
>>
>>41683324
I'll add leg curls to my routine then, thanks man.
>>
>>41683365
>Thing is you cant count that accurately

Yeah that's the thing. I eat outside most of the time so the best I can do is estimate their nutritional value from myfitnesspal. Everything else that I prepare, oats, milk, peanut butter.. I count them.

so I should just aim for around 200 surplus everyday based on my estimates?

>>41683310
I don't drink but regarding sugar, does that include all types of sugar or only the ones found in sodas and processed stuff?
>>
>>41683404
>so I should just aim for around 200 surplus everyday based on my estimates?

Yes
>>
>>41683415

Gotcha anon. But anyway is a mini cut any good? I was thinking once I got a bit too fat, I would do a mini 1/2 week cut to get rid of the fat.
>>
just starting out, diet has been exclusively eggs, protein powder and the occaisional wheat toast with peanut butter, am i doing good?
weigh 180, eating 190g protein
>>
>>41683465
Try and see what fits you. Mostly -500 kcal a day is recommended but you still lose muscle while on a cut, and that deficit just makes fat loss quite slow. I prefer -1000 kcal a day to speed it up. Usually end the cut with a psmf. Google lyle mcdonalds psmf, it's a really low kcal protein only diet/fast for the end of the whole cut phase.
>>
>>41683509

a keto diet means having more fats and very little carbs isn't it? Seems really hard to do over here, i'm asian and rice is like a staple food here..

what do people eat to fill themselves on keto?
>>
>>41683544
I mean the psmf isnt really a keto diet either, it's just meant to be the quick diet, fast styled but with less muscle loss. You basically eat nothing but protein so therefore it isnt healty and cannot be maintained long term, keto in theory could. Fat is the main energy source while on keto, but on psmf protein is, which is only taken in enough to prevent catabolic muscle breakdown, not even enough to be used as energy.

Read the sticky, I think it introduces most common diets. But if psmf sounds interesting, see lyle mcdonalds pages for it. Guys a genious.
>>
File: chinesesquats.jpg (157KB, 1400x932px) Image search: [Google]
chinesesquats.jpg
157KB, 1400x932px
Alright so I am a novice, I've been lifting for a few months and my squat is starting to reach the weight where it starts to hurt on my back, I flex my upper back as best as I can but I don't think I have enough muscle and it kind of grinds on my spine. Is this normal? I am keeping the bar in the same place as pic related, and as you can see he contracting his upper back and the weight is resting on his traps. Does anyone have any pointers?
>>
I've been reading broscience on beginner gains and I'm confused. I understand the idea of diminishing returns and adaptation, but how the fuck does it make any sense to say that there's exactly one point in your life where it's possible to rapidly gain muscle mass?
>>
i am looking to start fitting, but I am quite confused just about everything

1) is there some infographic on how to do most moves? I don't want to watch hours of videos for what could be told in 3 pictures over 10 seconds

2) how to warmup? is 15 of minutes cardio ok?

3) I thought I'd start wwith this routine http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.cz/2006/12/rippetoes-starting-strength.html but itmentions warm-up sets, and doesn't even touch on what that is

I am just about on the verge of giving up before I even started I already read for like 3 hours, and I still haven't exercised a bit.
>>
>>41683749
>warm-up sets
You start with the bar and do 2-3 more sets with weight lighter than the weight on your actual sets. It's like you build up.
>>
>>41683749
sorry but you aren't going to make it, so I will not refer you to the sticky
>>
>>41683806
And in what order should I do the sets? All of one kind, or alternate?
>>41683808
Maybe, it's not entirely unfair assesment.
>>
>>41683837
>And in what order should I do the sets? All of one kind, or alternate?
Not sure what your question is.
Let's just sketch a situation here.

You're a beginner, so let's say your set for the day is 25kg bench press 5x5

This is what you do:
You do five reps with the bar
Then you add 10kg and do another five reps
Then you add another 10kg and do another five reps
And then you add the remaining weights and do the 5x5.
Easy.
>>
>>41683856
I meant if I am supposed to do first all bench presses or alternate i.e. between squats and bench presses, but that answers it well enough.
>>
>>41683749
I dont think you should be doing something that can injure you if you arent really interested about it.

That in other words is "youre not gonna make it".
>>
>>41683971
I guess this is supposed to mean "either put in the work or walk away".
>>
>>41684005
It means stop (over)thinking about and just do it. Don't be stupid and injure yourself, but you have to start somewhere before you can figure out how to improve your routine and correct your mistakes.
>>
>>41683404
>, does that include all types of sugar or only the ones found in sodas and processed stuff?
mainly processed stuff. You can still have it here and there but limit it as much as you can.
>>
>>41684075
I am going to gym tomorrow after work, I just wanted some pointers.
>>
>>41683494
> diet has been exclusively eggs, protein powder and the occaisional wheat toast with peanut butter
wrong

>weigh 180, eating 190g protein
wrong

you're going full retard. Eating that many eggs is stupid and going to give you horrific gas, not to mention a shitload of cholesterol. Protein powder should be used as a supplement, not a meal replacement. Also there's literally no vegetables or fruit so there's no way you're getting the vitamins and minerals you need.

Eating 1g/lb has been a myth for a long time, but that's for bodybuilders. Normies just starting out don't even need 0.8g/lb. You're overeating by a tremendous amount.

stop being retarded.

>>41683365
500 surplus means more muscle and more fat. If you're already a little chubby ofc you don't want to do that since you'll just get a shitload of fat, but skeletons and really thin anons could get to a healthy weight faster and build muscle faster too.

200 I feel is too little. 250-350 is a nice balance.

>anything 400+ is a dirty bulk
nice meme trash

>>41683704
Is your upper back or lower back hurting? How often do you squat?
Thread posts: 355
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.