[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/QTDDTOT/ - QUESTIONS THAT DON'T DESERVE THEIR OWN THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 32

I'll start:

What is the ideal body fat range for men to be in throughout the year?

Previous Thread:

>>41644367
>>
>>41656374
The more you lift the more comfortable you'll be at a lower percentage
>>
File: 1496087684306.jpg (42KB, 999x1227px) Image search: [Google]
1496087684306.jpg
42KB, 999x1227px
>tfw hover between 17-18%
Fug
>>
How the hell are you supposed to eat 3500 calories a day? I ate a bowl of Bran flakes, half a kilogram of salmon, a twelve-inch sub from Subway, five eggs, and three bananas today and I'm barely pushing 3k calories. I'm thinking of just giving up bulking altogether.
>>
Is pre-workout meals a meme when on a cut?
Protons should still be good for you, before a workout?
>>
File: gross.jpg (1MB, 3672x3264px) Image search: [Google]
gross.jpg
1MB, 3672x3264px
Help for someone who's missing a pec and just getting into lifting?

I'm doing SS, and obviously my bench is suffering. Should I continue just benching regularly, holding back the right side or should I switch to dumbbells and let both sides do their own thing with totally different amounts of weight?
>>
>>41656410
Too clean. You need some donuts and a burrito.
>>
>>41656432
You need to bench in a shirt. Start with an HD from Inzer.
>>
>>41656432
3rd nipple
>>
>>41656432
do bench and dumbbells
i don't know how much trouble you'll have if you are actually missing a pec, ask a legit fitness trainer
>>
>>41656433
I don't have easy access to spic food and donuts are crazy expensive.
>>
>>41656457
Look at the fucking picture. Guarantee a "fitness trainer" isn't gonna know what to do with that.
>>
>>41656410
Kek

>>41656417
The idea is to refill your glycogen storage
So fat and protein is kinda useless
Whole corn products are very 'filling' wich causes your blood to rush in your stomach but you need it in your muscles. You're fine if you eat at least 1 h before gym
Simple sugars like milk, fruits, white bread (not a simple sugar but easy to digest) and cheat meals are the way to go
Lastly artificial sugars would be obviously stupid in this regard
>>
>>41656463
Those were just examples. But donuts are cheap as fuck from a grocery store.
>>
>>41656454
I got an ingrown hair. It sucked.
>>
>>41656470
>corn
Eat pasta, potatoes, or rice before training. Dirtier options include pancakes, cake donuts, or sourdough bread if you're doing max effort.
>>
File: 17.jpg (454KB, 2640x3952px) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
454KB, 2640x3952px
Reposting from /femfit/ since I'd like some more insight:

Do any of you other femanons use the BBG (Bikini Body Guide) program or any others? Recommendations? Someone suggested Strong Curves in another thread. Any practitioners of the program with opinions here?

Also: does anyone do monthly cheat meals? Would planning them for the first day of your period be a good idea?

I'm starting from a background of largely sedentary lifestyle, and I've been overweight since middle school. I was so weak at first that I couldn't even do the beginning exercises in "pre-BBG" BBG. I still can't do some of the moves (like ab bikes) but I'm steadily becoming stronger. I've already gone from a size 12 to a size 6, so I'm making steady progress. Can't wait until I have a flat stomach.

Shiho Yoshimura from Japanese Olympic volleyball team is my motivation. I want those arms. Life goals and wife goals, holy shit.
>>
I benched 225 for 1 today, when people talk about 225 being a good first goal, are they referring to just doing it for 1 rep or for multiples?
>>
>>41656432
what does it feel like to benchpress with a pec missing? do you even realise or has your body already compensated for it over the years?
>>
>>41656550
referring to being able to at least rep the bar
>>
>>41656610
Well, it feels like my right side is working a lot harder and I definitely feel a lack of stability in my left side.

It's similar to when I do push-ups and chin-ups in that regard.
>>
Anything wrong with eating one meal a day?
Eating is such a hassle.
Or I was thinking of one large meal in the morning and then a small one at night.
>>
>>41657355
Why not one large meal whenever you want but three protein shakes spread thoughout the day?
>>
So I've opened up some time in my schedule and I can do an hour of exercise mid-day in addition to my usual 90 minutes at night. Should I do a lighter version of my evening routine or should I throw in some cardio?
>>
I can bang out 3x20 proper push ups with 1 min or so rest and I'm 90kg, so I'm supposed to be pushing 60-70% of my body weight (58kg)
I bench 72kg for 3x5.
Last reps on both bench and push ups are failing or hard to finish.
Does 72kg in bench and that about of push ups add up? I feel like I should be able to bench way more.
>>
Is it okay to eat (plain) pasta while recovering from diarrhea?
>>
Everyone on /fit/ seems to talk about bulking and cutting. It's it possible to make progress with lifting and aesthetics of you maintain your body weight. Started gymming two months back and still haven't been able to change my weight despite gorging on clean food.

6'3'' 170lbs
>>
How do I train legs to not get tired while running? My lungs are fine but whenever I stop it's because my thighs give out
>>
File: 1495477634317.jpg (89KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
1495477634317.jpg
89KB, 1024x640px
>>41656374
I started a cut about 1.5 weeks ago, and since then I've been super horny 24/7. Why?
>>
I'm watching the national weightlifting competition right now and we're on the deadlift part. Everyone are sumo lifting, isnt that cheating?
>>
Is sleep directly related to how well you can lift?
Because fuck I've been struggling with some lifts this week like I never struggled before. Adding just 2.5kg to my bench press made it seem like I fucking doubled the weight since last time and I don't really understand why. Couldn't even do a full five reps on my very first set while every time before it wasn't even hard to do 5x5.
I've been sleeping like shit this week for whatever reason, like 4-5 hours a day, so I don't know if this could be a factor or not.
>>
>>41658672
Of course it does, many other factors play a part as well. Some days your body will work great, other days not so much. It's natural.

On days where my muscles feel like shit I just bang out as many reps as I can and often skip the last set. On good days I some times add another set
>>
Thoughts on this upper/lower routine /fit/? Gonna be using linear progression, adding weight week to week.

Lower A
Squats - 3x5
RDL - 3x8
Split Squat - 2x8
Leg Curl - 2x8
Straight Calf Raise - 3x12/Ab Work 3x12 superset

Upper A
Bench - 3x5
Chest Supported Row - 3x8
Incline DB Bench - 3x8
Pull-ups - 2x10
Lateral Raise 2x15/Chest Flyes 2x15 superset
Bicep Curls 2x12/Overhead Tricep Ext 2x12 superset

Lower B
Deadlift - 3x5
Leg Press - 3x8
Leg Curl - 2x12
Leg Extensions - 2x12
Calves 3x15/Ab Work 3x15 superset

Upper B
Military Press - 3x5
Lat Pulldown - 3x8
Chest Dips - 3x8
DB Row - 2x10
Face Pulls 2x15/Chest Flys 2x15 superset
Bicep Curls 2x15/Tricep Pressdown 2x15 superset
>>
How important is to get your protein after workout? I have been told that your worked muscle should get protein within 30 minutes after working it out. How true is this, and if it is true, how much does it affect your gains if you get your protein say an hour later?
>>
>>41659029
The "anabolic window" is a wives tale. It is true that protein greatly helps a body recover faster after a workout, but it's not 30 minutes, it's about 5-6 hours or more.
>>
how hard is it to maintain flexibility once you have reached your goal?
how quickly would you loose it if you stopped stretching completely?
>>
>>41657842
don't lift twice in a day, do cardio.

>>41657863
you are using far more muscles for stabilization and whatnot on a bench than you are anchored to the ground for push ups.

>>41658340
eat whatever you want that won't upset your stomach. Drink a lot of water to recover lost fluids.

>>41658496
Count calories fucker, with a food scale. All of you thin idiots claim you "gorge" on food when you maybe eat 2000 calories for a week and then give up.

>>41658500
Push yourself a little more each time. It's about the last step, not the goal.

>>41658563
Maybe your body just wants boipussy

>>41658601
why would it be cheating?

>>41659137
Depends person to person. Some people only need to stretch after a workout, some people need to stretch 3 times a day.
>>
Anyone have that cooking info graph that breaks down into 3 parts. Like use a protein, a base, and a broth then add these veggies in order to make X? It's not in the cooking imgur folder
>>
>>41656410
A protein shake would put you at 3500 with the right ingredients (peanut butter, milk, etc)
>>
I need help /fit/.

I've become really jaded with my lifting over the past few months as i'm not gaining size or strength and I can't really figure out why.

I'm running a push/pull/legs split 4/5 days a week, which worked for me when I first started, but I havn't made any progress on my lifts for ages.

My diet is fine, i'm eating at a surplus, potentially I don't get enough protein.

I'm not sure whether its a body getting too used to the exercises i'm doing thing, or a needing to eat more thing, or whatever.

Should I stop lifting for a while? Do bodyweight stuff?

Anyone been through the same thing?
>>
File: 1496368140522.jpg (54KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
1496368140522.jpg
54KB, 620x349px
>>41656374
I want to follow a actual program after doing a year of fuckingarounditis.

Got this one from Eric Helms' book and added 5th upper body hypertrophy on saturday (following the book orientations). My goal is looking good.

Is it good?

Monday (Upper body strength)
> Bench Press : 4x4-6
> Row : 3x6-8
> Incline DB Press 3x6-8
> Weighted Chin-up : 3x6-8
> Lying Triceps Extension : 3x8-12
> Face Pull : 3x8-12
> Preacher Curl : 3x8-12 SS Wrist Reverse Curls + Finger Rolls : 3x8-12

Tuesday (Lower body strength)
> Squats : 4x4-6
> Leg press : 3x8-12
> Good Mornings : 3x8-12
> Calf Raises: 3x8-12

Thursday (Upper body hypertrophy)
> OHP : 3x8-12
> Pull-downs : 3x8-12
> Bench Press : 3x8-12
> Rows: 3x8-12
> Chest Flies (cable) : 2x12-15
> Lying Triceps Extensions : 2x12-15
> Face Pulls : 2x12-15
> Preacher Curls : 2x12-15 SS Wrist Reverse Curls + Finger Rolls : 2x12-15

Friday
> Deadlift : 4x4
> Leg press : 3x8-12
> Leg Curls : 3x8-12
> Calf Raises : 4x8-12

Saturday (Upper body hypertrophy)
> OHP : 4x8-12
> Rows : 4x8-12
> Chest Flies (cable) : 4x12-15
> Lying Triceps Extensions : 4x12-15
> Face Pulls: 4x12-15
> Preacher Curl : 3x12-15 Wrist Reverse Curls + Finger Rolls : 4x12-15

Progression on main compounds: 2kg/week upper body (bench and rows); 4kg/week for lower body (squat and dl). Accessory movements weights go up every time 4x12 all sets across.
>>
>>41659606

I'd also add to this I am pretty weak in general, I can't do a full 8 rep set of pull ups for example. Should I move to a calisthenics routine?
>>
>>41656432
Yet another victim of mark rippetoe
>>
>>41659606
Your body might have adapted to the stimulus and you need to change it up a bit.
>>
>>41659694

Does that need to be an extreme change up in my case? because i'm not making ANY progress and haven't been for months
>>
how stupid is trying to lift and train for a marathon in november?

always been a runner, but i don't even know how going down this road will impact explosiveness, etc.

looking for any tips, i guess
>>
>>41656432
Get a sick tattoo on it
>>
>>41656410
I eat pic related and i feel full as fuck.

Someone suggested 4 tbsp olive oil and some water just to get that last 500 kcal
>>
File: 1226597727188.jpg (5KB, 176x163px) Image search: [Google]
1226597727188.jpg
5KB, 176x163px
Alright guys, I take anti-depressants and one of them, (mirta to be exact) causes me to have horrible eat-flashes, where I get this idea in my head that I'm starving and I run around the house desperately shoveling food in my mouth. I have pretty good discipline, but it just eclipses everything else.

What I really need is something filling but low calorie, even if it's literal cardboard. I've gained a lot of weight since I started taking them, but I can't stop taking them, either. Help?
>>
>>41659943
I'd like to add that I've looked up this kind of stuff, and I've heard good things about tomatoes, but it doesn't work for me. I've tried coffee and cigarettes too, but I'm in a slump, and the longer that it lasts, the worse it gets.
>>
>>41656432
how the fuck do you have a pec missing
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-09-16-19-59-1.png (397KB, 1358x1808px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-09-16-19-59-1.png
397KB, 1358x1808px
How much will missing a week of gym affect my gains if I'm cutting?
>>
Guys, WTF???
I have been working out regularly and recently my pull up count went from 10 in the first set to barely 5, whats going on? I have been eating, I have been resting (in fact had like 3 weeks off work), I do like 5, 5 and after that I am finished, can barely do another 5 with rest between each one

wtf is going on????????
>>
Does anyone have pictures with the outcome of training upper pecs more than lower pecs and lower more than upper?
>>
>>41660040
Your wife's cunt stinks.
>>
how do you lock your shoulders on the snatch? Its the only thing stopping me from going into a oly routine.
I can ohp 80lbsX5 with no problem, Is it enough strength for the snatch lock position?
>>
>>41660475
bout to lock my jaw on your wife's snatch
>>
File: 1490665286937.png (147KB, 540x301px) Image search: [Google]
1490665286937.png
147KB, 540x301px
>>41660507
>tfw no wife, much less gf
>>
Feeling very depressed, /fit/. Lost my programming job a few months ago and realised I absolutely hate programming. I have no qualifications and no skills other than programming.

Thinking about maybe becoming a PT.

Tips?
>>
>>41660543
Oh. Well this cunt whose pussy I'm about to take a bite of keeps saying she knows you.
>>
>>41660545
You're seriously asking for a tip? You didn't even do anything, you just asked us a question. At this point it's just panhandling.
>>
>>41660545
stick with programming. nobody loves their job, at least not every day. have some discipline
>>
>>41660153
Rude
>>
>>41660621
There's a difference between dislike and hate. I understand you man, but I really fucking hate it
>>
File: 1af.jpg (406KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1af.jpg
406KB, 1280x720px
>>41660564
don't stick dick in crazy brah
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 640x621px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 640x621px
>>41656374
Should i be bulking if im 196 pounds and weightlift 3 times a week? Or will that just make me more fat than muscle? I just want to be bearmode.
>>
>>41656374
>14-17%
>ideal
I'm around 15% right now and I feel like a fat kunt
>>
>>41659662
Pls respond
>>
Alright Ive been noticing my jogs and runs have become shit since I started to cut more calories. I just think I havent been eating right. Whats a 200 to 400 calorie breakfast I can have to make sure I push back to 4 miles.
>>
File: 1335551750105.jpg (443KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1335551750105.jpg
443KB, 1536x2048px
if I ride my roadbike so hard I get plenty of doms in my whole legs an ass , can I skip legday ?
>>
Just starting to lift, what program can I do with barbells, adjustable benches, power racks, pullup bars, and dip bars?

Went from 300 to 225 with just diet and cardio, still cutting hard but I want to add lifting so I don't look absolutely Auschwitz tier when I lose the rest of the fat.
>>
How long can you wait out an infection before it starts damaging you permanently? I have one but it's barely noticeable so I skimped on the doctor.
>>
New guy, starting out with cardio. Should I go and jog everyday? Or like every exercise should I take rests every other day?
>>
>>41661608
You can do just about any beginner barbell program with that setup. Get a copy of Practical Programming for the layout of Starting Strength, and if you need information on form, get a copy of Starting Strength (the book) as well. It's a good beginner program. It has Chins/Pullups in the actual program, just not in the first stages where you're learning the big lifts. If you like Dips you can add them when you start doing Chins, do the Dips on the days you don't do the Chins/Pullups.

You can do the back extensions with just the bench, you hook your feet to brace yourself. Look on YouTube.

You can also do the Cleans without having bumper plates, you just have to learn to lower the weights properly. Rippetoe has a video on this called "the iron plate problem" or something similar, and Catalyst Athletics has a video on this as well. If you don't want to do Cleans for whatever reason, substitute something similar like Stiff-Leg Deadlifts (see the Catalyst Athletics site for video form), DO NOT DO ROWS because Rows are upper-body only whereas the Cleans (and the Stiff-Leg Deads) are for the entire posterior chain.

Seriously though, that group of equipment, you can do EVERYTHING you need to do.

Also, congrats on your progress thus far.
>>
>>41661332
Put more carbs around the run itself. May not need more total daily calories, though. Experiment with what you can tolerate in your stomach while running. Maybe a big bagel? 230-ish for Lenders' cinnimon raisin bagel.

>>41661678
How hard are you running? As a beginner who is jogging or trotting and not going more than a couple of miles, maybe everyday if that's all or most of what you're doing (I'd throw in some pushups and situps and pullups a few times a week). If you get more advanced and run everyday, the people who do that will alternate intensity, usually 2-3 HARD runs (speed work, long runs, fast runs of medium distances) and the other days are "garbage miles" or what runners call "recovery runs" at slow pace for not very long.
OTOH if you're lifting weights and doing cardio, keep the cardio short like 30 mins and 2-3x a week at most.

>>41661047
Pick a top and bottom level of fatness, bulk to one, cut to the other. For most people, that means "cut to abs, bulk 'til they go away." Pick what you like.

>>41660475
Start with the bar. Cal Strength has some tutorials where Glenn Pendlay walks you through it. You want to be practicing overhead squatting with the bar after every rep of snatch, and one thing that helped me with shoulder flexibility is clean-grip oh squats, you won't make the bottom right away but it will help.

>>41659998
It's been my experience that pullups and chinups drop reps from set to set more than most exercises, especially barbell exercises. IDK why but it seems to happen to a lot of people.
>>
>>41661884
Not running very hard, but as someone who's new to fitness my body does feel pretty sore. I might start with running every other day, and try to go harder.
>>
>>41661658
Well, I got a toothpick in my finger, and about a month later the doctor said they need to start antibiotics, or the infection would start eating my bones away.

So, if it's infection, don't fuck around.

I also know a story about this lady who got scratched by her cat, and when she went to the doctor they admitted her and said if she had come just a few hours later, they'd have had to take the hand.
>>
How to prevent inguinal hernia? Never had any problems when squatting or dling. Still afraid this might happen some day....
>>
Every time I go for a run, squat, or deadlift I feel sore on the inside of my knees.

It's not painful, it's more like I'm aware of them and it annoys me, like they're getting inflamed but without any actual pain.

I know for a fact my form for all three of those things are good, so I'm wondering if I'm always just supposed to feel it a bit afterwards.

5'9 165lbs, runs are usually ~18 mins, squat 3pl8 for 5 reps dead 4.5pl8 for 5 reps.
>>
File: 1496428608427-1944085349.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1496428608427-1944085349.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Do I need to lower my body fat to get rid of fat curls at my elbows or is it genetics/lack of muscle. I know it's autistic, but I have been insecure about them for a long time and I feel like I can't bulk till I am rid of them.
Calipers and tape measure put me at 9-10% but it's probably more like 12-13%
>>
>>41661884
Alright so before a run eat a banana or a bagel, alright.
>>
>>41659606

eat
>>
Will caffine and creatine have a negative impact on me when combined as a pre-workout?
>>
If i'm cutting at a 500 calorie deficit per day, and also exercise (average about an hour of moderate intensity cycling a day, plus a weightlifting workout) then will I be losing muscle mass as well as fat? I am about 16-18% bf, 6'2" and about 178lb. Basically what's the optimum for losing the extra fat, should I be doing TDEE+exercise=500 above total intake?

Also when cutting how much protons a day do i need, I don't have any powder here but I'm eating eggs and tuna and lean chicken quite a lot. I know 0.8-1g per lb of lean mass is the standard for bulkan but for cutting is it the same?

Cheers lads
>>
>>41656374
Is my routine dope or what (PPLPPLR)

pullup, pullover, curl
push press, BNP, triceps ext
snatch grip DL, bulgarian split squat, decline weighted crunch
row, face pull, curl
bench, DB bench, triceps ext
front squat, calf raise, barbell hip thrust
>>
>>41656374
>tfw around 25-24
>>
>>41659606
change your routine up, still stick with a split but for each major muscle group (chest, back etc) do completely different exercises. Try using heavy DBs instead of machines, maybe swap OHP with barbell to using DBs instead, that kind of thing. this can help stimulate the muscles in different ways and make up for bits where they've got used to one specific exercise.

also eat like a motherfucker, add 500 cals to your surplus, maybe you're burning more than you think. if that doesn't work add another 500 cals. shovel lean protons and peanut butter and bananas and whole milk and nuts and oats into your face until you start to gain weight.
>>
Anyone else lift stark naked while listening to porn? Is this healthy? Am I a complete degenerate?
>>
Will drinking alot of water make me put on weight?
I am asking because recently I started drinking alot of water (2l a day) and I already put on 3 kg
>>
Want to start making protein powder

Whats a good cheap recipe for it if I buy in bulk online of course?
>>
>>41662634
you are a retard, no one does that, you only posted it because you wanted a reaction, fuck (YOU)
>>
>>41661756
Won't I stall really quickly if I'm cutting though?
>>
>>41662637
Yes, water weight is a thing.

I heard that my grandfather didn't weight enough to join the navy, so he ate a lot of bananas and drank a lot of water and was able to get in. Skelly genes ftw
>>
>>41656550
Obviously you want to be able to 1 rep the bar.

Later you should be able to do a full set.
>>
Haven't used my fitness pal in 4 years due to a car accident and broken.

It's now full of useless shit and ads to upgrade to their monthly service.

Any good alternatives?
>>
>>41662784
Typically it's harder to progress on a caloric deficit than on a surplus but you've got two things going for you. You're a beginner, and still overfat, so you'll make progress for quite a while anyways.

>>41662652
Whey powder from a bakery shop.
>>
stupid question but can you explain gomad to me.
>>
>>41662913
Then just buy cheap isolate online and creatine if I want to go that route? Any idea on portions ?
>>
How long did it take for you to see results when cutting?

I'm 6'2" 178 lbs rn and I cut down from 188 and can't really see any difference, other than losing 10lbs on my bench press

I don't want to lose anymore strength (I lost the first 7 or so pounds in a week so it was likely water weight) and I am getting more than enough protein in my diet everyday.
>>
File: t3_5vz4bw.jpg (26KB, 760x400px) Image search: [Google]
t3_5vz4bw.jpg
26KB, 760x400px
i am a hungry skeleton who has a job with rotating shifts.

I want to start getting fit but idk what types of gyms are open 24/7 and are reputable.

what are some recommendations?
>>
Did OHP and then did bench. Felt a clicking and some pain in my right shoulder but just kept on going.

Next day have pretty bad pain in my right front shoulder tendon. Raising it to 90 degrees forwards or to the sides hurts like fuck. Beyond 90 is fine, raising it 90 degree back doesn't hurt nearly as much.

Have I fucked myself?
>>
my glutes are sore from recently doing a lot of pushups but my core isn't even though my for is ok

is this normal?
>>
I need some advice. I started lifting 4 months ago and was skinnyfat, 6'1" 185lbs. I've stayed at roughly maintenance and want to know if I should be bulking or cutting instead? I've definitely got a lot stronger but I want to get rid of this fat but also gain.
>>
>>41663286
Take a rest day and ice it. If no improvement over the next few days go get it looked at. Probably just strained something. If muscle it'll be ok in a few days if ligament probably a few weeks.

Source:student RN
>>
>>41663601
Thank you desu
>>
File: # Greyskull.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
# Greyskull.png
47KB, 547x465px
>>41656374
Will it be ok if I start alternating squats and deadlifts the same way you alternate bench/overhead press? Is there a reason deadlifts are only once a week in greyskull? My squat has almost caught up and it's making me worried.
>>
When I do squats, my knees crack very loudly every rep (but it doesn't hurt). When I go to empty gyms with my gym buddy, he has to close his ears, because the sound disturbs him.

I really want to squat, but I'm afraid that people are going to be disturbed or something. What the fuck should I do? (the only time when I can go to the gym, there are 1-10 people)
>>
>>41663638
Tell them to go fuck themselves
>>
>>41663601
>student RN
You're a joke. I'm 18 years old and I'm already more education than trained RNs. And that's not to brag about myself but rather to put perspective to how little education being an RN requires. Anatomy and Physiology is the only legitimate course in the entire education and it's entirely watered down and so facile that it doesn't really mean much. Medical school offers SEPARATE classes for anatomy and physiology and they still brush over insane amounts of material.

Saying you're an RN, much less a student RN, means absolutely nothing, my boy.
>>
>>41663303
Your glutes act as a stabilizer while in the push up position so it's certainly possible, but they must be pretty weak or underutilized to get sore from that.
>>
I just weighed a package of chicken that was supposed to weigh 35.84 ounces but actually weighed 32.2 ounces. Does this have something to do with how they weigh the chicken at the supermarket? Do they weigh it in the package or something? It's generic Shoprite chicken, not Purdue or anything like that. Or is there something wrong with my scale? It's a $15 one from Walmart. And does anyone know of a good way to test my scale?
>>
File: squatting sad frog.jpg (171KB, 784x1144px) Image search: [Google]
squatting sad frog.jpg
171KB, 784x1144px
After my second set of squats I feel dead and about to throw up but I am supposed and have been able in the past to do 3 sets with lighter weights but same intensity at the time. How do I continue to be able to do third set?
>>
>>41663629
PERSONALISE YOUR ROUTINE
>>
Never been to a gym and I am thinking of going, do gyms have people who will tell you generally what you should be doing or do you just do whatever you want? Do I have to pay to have someone tell me how to do something?
>>
>>41663683

May I add I am about 300lbs if that matters.
>>
>>41663683
Where I go, you can do whatever you want, but you can ask people things, if you don't understand how to do something. You can pay for a personal trainer, who will show you some exercises, correct your form and etc.
>>
>>41663675
ELABORATE
>>
>>41663675
>beginner
>customizing a routine
Wrong.
>>
>>41663209
snap vs anytime vs planet fitness

what does fit like?
>>
>>41656374
>reached lmao3plt squat in gym
>due to time and financial constrains I now work out at home with DBs
>main movement for legs is split squats (rear foot elevated)
>struggle to hit 10reps with 20kg DBs, way lower than I should be able to do - I think
>knees and quads hurt a decent amount for about a day after split squats
>the pain develops in my elevated back leg, not the lifting one, while working out
what could that be about?
>>
>>41663934
New muscle fibers being recruited. Your body is optimized to do barbell squats because those muscle fibers are worked more often than others. Ones in the back involve more hamstrings and your motor neurons are just inefficient. Most strength gains are neural. Muscle-based strength gains are a slow tedious process.
>>
>>41662918
Gallon of milk a day. It's what Rippetoe recommends BUT ONLY FOR THE SCARY SKELLIES to gain strength and muscle mass, if you have problems eating enough food, adding milk can help.

>>41662943
FIVE SCOOPS! LEAVE HUMANITY BEHIND! Seriously wrt to portions, just get your bulk isolate and a container of your favorite flavor of Nesquik powder (or Ovaltine or Milo). Play around with different portions, trying to get just enough of the flavor to make it taste good in whatever you mix it with. Once you get that right, write it down and figure how much protein you get per serving.
Because recovery needs more carbs than preworkout, you can add extra flavor to the postworkout mix, or just scoop in some sugar added (that is basically what the maltodextrin in "weight gainer" and "recovery" drinks is, just fucking sugar).
I'd go with the cheapest (read: with no extra bullshit added) creatine you can get and do it separate, because how much you use changes with the phase (loading, maintenance, washout), so don't mix it with your protein.
>>
>>41663648
Ok? Congrats on your autism?
>>
File: 1380811060-zyzz4.jpg (53KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
1380811060-zyzz4.jpg
53KB, 360x480px
>>41656374
>For the fasters
I'm going to do a 48hr fast this weekend
I've slowly eased my way into it, dropping my calorie intake and such to make it an easier transition.

How would you recommend breaking the fast? Slowly increasing calories over the course of a few days?

Also, do you think it will help with already loose skin?
>>
>>41663648
faggot
>>
>>41656374
What are good home remedies to aid in tanning? I was gonna try rubbing olive oil on myself like the Romans and Greeks but im open to suggestions.
>>
File: IMG_20170602_180022.jpg (531KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170602_180022.jpg
531KB, 1200x1600px
Squatting made my quads explode. My underwear is tearing. Should I stop squatting? Pic related
>>
>>41664345
You've had those underwear for 6 years get new ones you tard
>>
>>41664211
High carb, moderate protein and fat to break your fast. But first some easily digestible fiber and carbs - dates, fruits etc. 10 minutes before the main meal. Afterwards you're good to go.
High protein and fat just before you start it.

>Also, do you think it will help with already loose skin?
In my experience; age, genetics and substance intake (alcohol, smoking, drugs) have the biggest effect on skin elasticity. Can't imagine it having much of an effect.
>>
>>41664345
Yes, buying new underwear or learning to discreetly hike up your boxers when squatting would be too much to expect from a retard.
>>
>>41658728
Just adding weight every week is not a plan. Just do 5/3/1 since that's basically what you're already doing.
>>
>>41662171
Stop thinking about this bullshit, and lift/eat.
>>
>>41663964
Most strength gains aren't neural, that's a meme. They are a part of it, but unless you're gaining mass you're not getting all that stronger - especially in the 10 rep range.

A part of the lower than expected performance is certainly down to the new motor pattern. But the main thing is probably inflexible quads or having your front foot at the wrong distance.

You can mask tight quads when barbell squatting - not so much with split squats.
Or if your front foot is too far out, you're simply overstretching the quad. Also your hams, hip flexors, IT band - you name it.
If it's too close in, you're putting a lot of shearing force on your knee - similar to quarter-squatting.
>>
File: squat_form3.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
squat_form3.webm
3MB, 853x480px
Can I get a check on my squat form?
I've recently recorded myself and realize I had a big butt wink when I squat like I normally do.
This is my first working set and I noticed a little wink but not as bad as it normally is. Should I be concerned? Also any other observations welcome.
>>
>>41664543
Look fine, fuck butt wink nazis. Except: are those soft soled shoes? it looks like they throw of your balance a decent bit. That's just begging for an injury once you get to serious weight - if not you might have a bit of ankle flexibility issues.
>>
When I first started doing presses I would get this real tingly feeling on the left side of my head at the end of the final set, but now I don't get it anymore. Did I just get used to the work or am I not pushing myself as hard as I was?
>>
So am I supposed to eat 1g protein per pound of body weight when trying to lose weight too?
Because fuck I can't eat fucking 200+ grams of protein a day at a bodyweight of 210 and 6'4" if I'm trying to stay at around 1500kcal a day.
Fuck, that's like what, 1200kcal of pure chicken EVERY SINGLE DAY. I can't subsist entirely of chicken.
>>
>>41664584
Yeah I really need new shoes. I've had those for almost 7 years now. They are torn to bits but I just never got new ones. I'm thinking of getting some Chucks. Either high top or low top, not really sure which.

Also I might be off a bit because I usually squat deeper but this set I was focusing on stopping earlier than I usually do. But I think the shoes had a big part to play too. Should I maybe go for lifting shoeless?
>>
>>41664585
Some people get that on shoulder presses, others on lateral raises - usually means you're over-activating your traps and clenching your neck muscles to boot. Both are unnecessary and can result in headaches and worse. If you don't get that anymore then it's a good thing. But nobody except a doctor can tell you for sure, that's just my best guess.

>>41664605
The 1g of protein per lb thing is bullshit. Unless you're on roids you probably don't need more than 1.6g/kg of LM, no serious study ever showed any additional benefits past that threshold - even on a cut in trained athletes.
>>
>>41664633
High top for ankle support, low top if you want to hypertrophy your ankle cartilage and improve ankle stability in general. The former if you have an preexisting condition or want to lift very heavy/competitive, the latter if you want really durable ankles and don't care about the slight poundage drop.

>shoeless
Nah, especially not in dirt. That's less stable than a 10$ pair of knock-off chucks.
>>
>>41664543

Nah that's not butt wink you have to worry about, It's just the final part of the squat.

It looks like you're not pushing your knees out at all and opening up your hips. You probably need to do this otherwise your knees wil likely cave in on the way up under heavy load.
>>
Shrinking fatass here. What bodyweight percentage I should be shooting for before I start to bulk? If I'm on a fairly large caloric deficit does lifting do anything for me at all?
>>
>>41664543
>>41664789

Yeah looking at it again, your heels are coming off the floor during reps which means the barbell is not above the mid foot. I had the same issue and fixed it with shoving me knees out and opening my hips.
>>
>>41664810

Start bulking at about 15%. If you're at a smaller than or equal to 1000kcal deficit you can definitely make gains with lifting. Newbie gains are waiting for you!
>>
>>41664810
>If I'm on a fairly large caloric deficit does lifting do anything for me at all?
Yes, as long as you're eating enough protein and fats, get your micro-nutrients and adjust your volume/intensity - lifting will help prevent lean mass loss. You might even makes some gains if you're really fat and sedentary.

Working out twice a week, full body, high intensity, low volume - works best under a heavy caloric deficit.
>>
>>41664703
Cool, I'll probably go with low top. Thanks for the input!

>>41664789
>>41664822
If it counts for anything, I used to do a lot of front squatting and almost never did back squats. Back squatting seems harder to me and I'm realizing how much I never used my glutes. I guess I got used to driving up with the balls of my feet. When I squat deeper I usually do keep on my heels. Also I'll try and spread my feet a little more so I can shove my knees out. I've heard of the cue "show your crotch" when squatting. I've always tried to do that but I'll try and focus on it a bit more to keep my heels on the ground.
>>
>>41664810
Usually it's about below 10% that you start seeing ab definition if you care to reach that point before you bulk. Otherwise you can start bulking as early as 15%.You should usually stop bulking at about 20% BF and start cutting again.

If you're a newbie and and overweight, you can do most strength programs on a cut and expect decent newbie gains. Otherwise you are mostly lifting to try keep your strength up and not lose your gains.
>>
>>41664543
petty decent but your heels lift off. either it's due to your wigger shoes and/or poor ankle flexibility keeping you from thrusting out your knees.
>>
I'm 172cm and 67kg, my BMI should be within range but I still have a bit of belly fat. What should I do? Should I keep cutting until I drop to 60?
>>
>>41664932
Lift some weights. If you have no muscle, you can diet 'till the giraffes come home and you'll still be flabby.

If it's really just a bit then just eat maintenance and lift until you're under about 15%BF, if by a bit you mean over 15%BF then diet down to that range (while lifting.)
>>
>>41664972
How do I check my %? Also I have been lifting but the biggest problem is my chest and belly, can't seem to lose fat there, been following a low carb high protein diet since Sept 1st
>>
>>41660724
keep doing it, make big money, and save 75%+ of it so you can retire ASAP and get away from it forever
>>
>>41665013
Visually (by comparing to a chart of pictures,) calipers, doing some math (how much you can bench/squat should give you an indication of your LM when compounded by your wrist/elbow/ankle measurements,) spring for hydro-static weighing or dexa.

You can't spot reduce fat, fat distribution is down to your genetic makeup and hormonal levels (which are also largely genetic unless you eat crap or have an illness or don't sleep well, chronic stress etc.)

Low carb does shit all except help with pre-diabetic conditions or hunger pangs ie. it's only for real butter balls with no impulse control.

If you haven't managed to get rid of your belly in 8 months, how fat were you to begin with? Also what do you bench and squat - if you want help estimating your LM.
>>
How do you do other exercises after deadlifts? I do 2x5 and they completely drain my energy.
>>
>>41665085
That's why you usually do them last.
But still, if you're completely wasted from 2X5 then you might try to improve your diet or sleep or cardio-vascular fitness, maybe your deadlift form is out of whack - something is definitely wrong unless you're a noob.
>>
>>41665081
I was about 85kg before starting, I bench and squat 40 (20 per side)
>>
>>41665173
>I bench and squat 40 (20 per side)
40 what? Kg, lbs, plt?
Do use use a 15kg or 20kg bar?

Are you female?
>>
>>41665211
40kg, I use a 20kg bar, male
>>
How long after drinking prune juice would it take affect and then be out of my system? How much is too much?
>>
What are you guys opinion on weighted pushups for those that tried it. I have those pushup accessory so I don't hurt my wrists thinking about buying a bag and trying them.
>>
>>41663629
There is nothing wrong with it. No idea why you deadlift only once a week.
>>
>>41665260
So 60kg in total? Jesus mate, just say "60kg." Everyone assumes you mean the total weight.

With those numbers, assuming you have an average frame size, you probably have an FFMI of no more than 18.5-19 (novice,) so you're probably around 16-18%BF. That's not that high, but you can't really expect to have a ripped 6-pack either.

My advice would be to eat maintenance and lift until you recomp to as low as you can get or until your gains plateau. Also work your lower body more and make sure your push and pull muscles are balanced - I'm betting they're not.
>>
>>41665351
Sure, why not. Just keep in mind that it might interfere with your core and lower-body lifts due to it involving more muscles than a bench press. Also, at higher weights it can be a bit awkward.
>>
>>41665313
Better get off it at least 2 weeks before a drug test, otherwise say hello to bubba.
>>
>>41659662
Dude just do sl 5x5 theres even an app that does your progression and tells you what to do on what days. And you will make gains with good nutrition and 3 workouts a week
>>
File: 20170602_214145.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20170602_214145.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Why is this the biggest meme exercise there is?
>>
>>41656410
Never going to make it. I was a fat as fatass and easily pulled 5k calories a day. Granted, mostly carbs, but still.
>>
>>41659977
Seconding this.
>>
>>41656374
When should I do arms and abs?
I have a ppl x2 routine and I've taken to using leg day for arms and legs but I don't know if this works. Any advice is appreciated.
>>
If I am heavily supplementing beta-alanine should i add taurine or cycle them?
>>
>>41660040
Your form probably changed and you didn't notice. Same happened to me with push-ups. I could do scrub pushups to about 15-20, then I switched to military pushups (like lat pushups) and could barely pull of six because the form is different. I got to 10 and hovered there for like two weeks because the change wasn't my reps, it was my form. My rep count was the same, but each time I was more stable and able to move slower. The other day I made it to 14, so hopefully I can build on that and make it to 30+ per set within the month.
>>
I get this real uncomfortable feeling in my left ass cheek when I squat, almost feels like the muscle is stretching or something. What should I do to combat this?
>>
>>41666666
demon sextuplets, damn I lucked out.

Actual question: I want to do more work to build my lats and my pecs, and pullups/lat pushups are kinda weak on this. What about handstand pushups and shit like that? Is that all biceps/delts, or does it hit pecs and lats?
>>
Redpill me on pre-workout. How is it any different from having a light meal an hour before with a strong coffee?
>>
>>41666666
satan sextuplets checkd
>>
>>41666272
Tricep work on push. Bicep on pull. Abs on pull and legs
>>
>>41656410
Ramen noodles are 10 cents a pop and theyre 500kcal each, just eat those
>>
How does body recomping work?
>>
I want to work out and lift but thw amount i can lift seems super embarrasing to me. Whats a good starting bench weight?
>>
>>41666208

3rd
>>
>>41656374

First session solo 5x3 ohp/bench/squat/deadlift

30kg/35kg/50kg/60kg first solo session. I realize I let myself go.

1/2/3/4 is 60kg/100kg/140kg/180kg

Is this achievable in 3 months for someone currently 196lb from 236lb. I can row 2k in 7 minutes 30, comfortably jog 5 miles a day 4 days in a row before knee pain kicks in at this weight. I could cycle 300 miles in a week. At 220lbs fat I could cycle 300 miles a week in 5 x 60 mile sessions.

I can train every day is necessary and diet will be protein. No steroids obviously.
>>
>>41667164

Should I get into good habits and keep a log while this is fresh in my mind?
>>
anyone have a pdf copy of Starting Strength they'd be willing to share?
>>
if im on a 2000cals a day cut and going out for dinner with family tonight would there be any problem if i ate all 20000calories in one meal? besides the bloating
>>
>>41656374
Can't go to gym anymore, no more car and the closest gym is too far. Got about 3 months worth of saving till I can buy a shitty new car.

I didn't see it in the sticky but is there anything I can do at home for the next 3 months that will help? I can probably toss max $100 for dumbbells if I gotta I just don't want to lose progress now that I'm actually enjoying my workouts.
>>
>>41667246
downloaded this the other week, enjoy bro https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/7328269/Starting_Strength_3rd_edition_2011_Mark_Rippetoe.PDF
>>
File: timeforsips.jpg (136KB, 322x433px) Image search: [Google]
timeforsips.jpg
136KB, 322x433px
>>41666666
CHECKED SON
>>
>>41667466
You can probably do some bodyweight exercises and lift heavy objects. Seriously, man, sandbags or a heavy medicine ball can make for a killer weight lifting routine. As for cardio, just try running or cycling.
>>
Am i supposed to get hungry after a work out?
>>
When people say "weighted planks", do they mean they just stick a 5 or 10lb plate on their lower back when planking?

Do they do this because planking for over a minute straight is just plain boring as fuck?
>>
>>41667660

"Supposed to"? Yes and no?

You get hungry when you get hungry.
>>
>>41667686
Like i just started working out but now I get hungry more often
>>
>>41667695

Well yeah, being more active raises metabolism, does it not?

You move more -> you burn more calories -> your body requires more calories to sustain itself.
>>
>>41667718
So how to not over eat and undo my work?
>>
File: 1496283519415.jpg (404KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496283519415.jpg
404KB, 768x1024px
i feel like im not progressing that much anymore in my PPL routine (workout 6x a week).
Should i move on to a 5-day split where i focus on 1 body part at a time or stick to the PPL?
cutting btw
>>
>>41667728

Honestly, it's just discipline. That's it.

Hard work and discipline gets you results.
>>
I have a treadmill, weights, and ab lounge. Have access to pull-up bars outside too. Theoretically if I wanted to lose 20 pounds soon for summer how should I accomplish this
>>
>>41667749

By eating less. Like 80% of your results come from diet.

It takes, what, 150 calories to run a mile? My bread is 150 calories per slice (Dave's Killer Bread). What do you think is easier, running a mile, or *not* eating a single slice of bread?

The exercise will do you good, but cutting is where your results will come from.
>>
>>41667747
Isnt under eating also problematic
>>
Are dropsets good? I do like 5 sets and feel like I could definitely lower the weight and do another 5 and really work the muscles out, but I don't know if that's actually beneficial for strength and mass, or if it will just be wearing me out and making my recovery time longer.

Another question:
Is it OK to do situps everyday? Do they need a rest period? SHould I do crunches instead of situps for any reason?
>>
>>41667680
i would think so. you could do tougher exercises like dragon flags.
>>41667305
well the only thing i could foresee is that if you eat after your workout, your workout will suffer. but if you do it before then you might get hungry later on in the day
>>41667009
it doesnt matter. no one cares. honestly. i bench 200 and i showed my friend how to bench the other day and i told him to start with the bar and add weight progressively until he starts to feel it. no shame in getting started.
>>
>>41667769

Bruh, you'll know if you're under eating. You'll feel like you wanna die like every second of the fkn day.

Measure your calories if you're so concerned. It's not hard.

>>41667774

Sit ups are bad for your back, bro. Do planks or dragon flys, or use an ab roller if you/your gym has one
>>
>>41667786
are crunches bad for your back too?
>>
>>41667749

Three hours of ab lounge per day
>>
>>41667768
I don't eat all that much though, i just sit around a lot and eat some junkfood. I'm 151lbs, which when complimented with eating less will give the fastest results?
>>
>>41667798
>i just sit around a lot and eat some junkfood.

Yeah that's gonna have to change. Just do some normal stuff like couch to 5k or something, to get your body used to exercising on a regular basis

>>41667791

Not as bad as sit ups, but there are exercises out there that're just plain better for you like the ones mentioned
>>
>>41667778
I did 125 as my work out weight
>>
i'm 6'1 223 pounds (down from 339 lbs) I've been doing starting strength for a few months with relatively decent progress.

I've hit a wall really hard in almost all of my lifts though and I was wondering if maybe it's best I do something else or just focus on fat loss, I've been told im not really going to make any gains lifting at a deficit.

I was wondering if maybe it would be beneficial to just focus on calisthenics for a while because I really enjoy doing long intense bodyweight workouts
>>
>>41656432
amazon archer mode
>>
>>41667832
>I've been told im not really going to make any gains lifting at a deficit.

Correct. Once you get past the beginner gains, you need to bulk to make significant progress.

Cut until you look "good" (read: what you think looks good), and then bulk. And then cut. And then bulk.

Etc.
>>
>>41667825
Thank you /fit/-friend
>>
>>41667851
Is it harder to lose weight or bulk up
>>
>>41667851
Ok, would it be okay to continue cutting and just focus on calisthenics for a while until im under 15% body fat or something?
>>
>>41667467
Thank you very much sir. Bookzz has been down for a while and I didn't know what to do.
>>
>>41667860

For me, personally, it's much harder to gain weight. Incredibly. The thing people don't seem to understand about bulking, is that it's not "you can eat whenever you want!!!", but "you HAVE to eat, and you HAVE to eat these specific foods, in these specific amounts, to hit your macros, because your gains will be shit if you don't". I don't give a flying fuck how full/bloated you are at the end of the day, but you didn't hit your macros? Gotta eat.

Cutting is, literally, just "don't eat as much". Like, I eat *maybe* half as much than while bulking. Maybe less some days. And it's way cheaper too, fuck. The first week or two will suck because your stomach will be used to always getting what it wants, but after that it settles down you and get used to not eating as much. After those first ~2 weeks, the hunger pangs go away and life goes on.

>>41667865

Of course it would. That whole "bruh you gotta lift every day or else GOODBYE GAINS" bullshit isn't true in the least.
>>
>tfw one elbow sticks back further than the other when squatting
how do I fix this? it looks fine before I squat but when I start I'm too busy squatting to notice it change

i'm still making progress but maybe I could be making better progress if I fixed this
>>
I always assumed it all comes dowm to CICO and have very often eaten late at night too. I saw this article and was wondering if anyone has any input
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/06/170602143816.htm
>>
Monday Squats 2x5,1x5+ -
5x120kg
5x120kg
3x120kg (failed)

Thursday Squats 2x5,1x5+
5x122.5kg
5x122.5kg
1x122.5kg (failed)

From this what should my next set of 2x5,1x5+ be deloaded to? 120? 117.5?
>>
>>41667991
>I always assumed it all comes dowm to CICO

For about 95%+ of things, it does. There are some neat/weird things the body can do sometimes, but it's *literally* all about calories (and of course, making sure you're getting all the vitamins/nutrients you're supposed to be getting).

You can cut on 1000 calories of just Twinkies. But should you? Fuckin no, bruh.
>>
What's a good martial art to do for defense/striking? I do BJJ but more as a sport, doesn't translate well
>>
I'm a skinny guy , 18 Y/O 5'8" at 128lbs. What I wanna know is, can I gain muscle without gaining fat? I have a fast metabolism,so if I work out and eat healthy with little fat in my diet, will I still have good gains without all the carbs and stuff? Would I still grow at a good rate or would I just get ripped without growing? I'm skinny so I'd just look stupid being ripped but still being super skinny. Sorry if these are retarded questions, I'm new to the fitness scene!
>>
File: nrT5qhI.jpg (45KB, 472x292px) Image search: [Google]
nrT5qhI.jpg
45KB, 472x292px
>>41667991
>>41668010
>but it's *literally* all about calories

There's a reason people like showing pic related.
>>
>>41668059
Gotta love Neil's hypocrisy
>>
>>41668051
>can I gain muscle without gaining fat?

No. Your body produces both muscle and fat at the same time (up to a limit with muscle per day/week/etc), and then all extra calories get stored as fat. This is a physiological limit that cannot be broken even with steroids.

>I have a fast metabolism

No you don't. "Fast" vs "Slow" metabolisms is a myth. You just don't eat as much as you think you do.

>with little fat in my diet

Spoilers: fat is good for you. You straight up NEED lipids in your diet.

>I'm skinny so I'd just look stupid being ripped but still being super skinny

Bruh this literally makes zero sense at all. As long as your routine isn't absolutely fkn retarded (as in: you only ever train chest/calves and NOTHING else) then you won't look stupid.
>>
Vomited at gym. Immediately continued my workout because I felt a lot better and just hydrated back up. ended up hitting a new PR.

Working out after vomiting, yay or nay?
>>
>>41668069
has he ever said that he doesnt overeat?
>>
>>41667774
Can someone tell me about this in regards to dropsets?

>>41667786
thank you
>>
>>41666639
pls
>>
If I finish my workout, and everything's all well and good, and I'm at home, is there any harm in getting an extra set or two in later if I feel like I can?
>>
When doing weighted decline crunch is it better to do a 5x12 set or heavy 5x5 set?

I need to build as much muscle as possible on my abdomen because i never used it as a child
>>
>>41668275
So long as u give your muscles 24 hours to recuperate i see nothing wrong with this. unless ur lifting heavy in that case it's stupid
>>
>>41668305
So if I do my workout in the morning then do a set that evening just cause I want to, that's bad? I'm not lifting heavy either, usually in the 12 rep range
>>
>>41668275
Don't focus on your feelings, focus on numbers. Your goal is to get your lifts up, your bw down/up, get this amount of protein, etc and you get bigger and stronger through smart programming
>>
>>41668318
Your probably fine my man just don't strain yourself super hard because the most important part is recovery.
>>
my elbows and shoulder joints pop during certain workouts. It doesnt hurt but it feels unpleasant. Does this go away with time? Am I always going to have this problem?
>>
>>41668395
it's kinda normal to have some pain or popping here and there bc your body isn't used to the movements
It may also be something dangerous and you should see a doctor if it doesn't cost you anything
It's propably nothing though, expecially if there's no pain
>>
>>41668395
I also have this, could be genetics........
>>
I'm 63kg (139lbs) 175cm (5'9") at about ~18% bf. Skeletal by /fit/ standards but "lean" or something for normies.
I have a family expectation to fast during Ramadan, should I go ahead and "cut" or would that be dangerous?
>>
>>41668622
Well don't cut MY throat
>>
How do you breathe during the deadlift and when exactly?
Just before the lift? Before lowering the hips?
>>
>>41668622
Don't let religious gains goblins steal your muscles. Maintain your weight and keep training.
>>
>>41667827
thats not evwn bad
>>
Does anybody have any tips for Kegels? I've read that you should be able to flex without clenching your anus and also that the flexation is the same as when you deliberately stop urinating midstream. It's just difficult for me to replicate without actually peeing so I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing.
>>
dips hurt my left shoulder have i damaged it?
>>
>>41668743
I mean, my bf% is not ideal anyway. Would it be bad if I cut now and continued the bulk afterwards?
>>
>>41668734
Just before the lift
Don't lower your hips
>>
Looking for some guidance on routine.
22/female/70kg and 5'10.

Been lifting for three years now, following 531 for the past 6 months, I've barely improved. 30kg ohp, 50kg bench, 70kg squat, 100kg deadlift. I basically have only added 1.25-2.5 to each lift. Read the books, used the TM etc.

I understand I haven't been eating enough and that's whats hopefully holding my lifts back. I train twice weekly in each triathlon discipline, plus rock climb and surf. Basically do about 12+ hours of sport a week. I guess improving my strength isn't a priority right now (though it would have been nice)

I think I'd do better trying to maintain the lifts I have, and to try 531 out again in winter when I can eat more and do less cardio.

Would a bodybuilding style routine be best for maintenance? I still want to base my gym sessions around the compounds.

Could someone recommend a routine like this? If it's female focused that would be cool, but whatever.
>>
>>41668875
you might be not recovering fast enough given the amount of activity you do (especially if you dont eat enough)

I would up the calories intake first and make sure you get enough sleep
>>
>>41668875
Read the sticky. For muscle gain while maintaining your weight, eat 1.25+ grams of protein per lb. bodyweight.
>>
Is a 5:2 fasting schedule actually enough to counteract bad diet and lose weight or is it a meme?
>>
>>41668875
>531
>those stats
no
>aven't been eating enough
>about 12+ hours of sport a week
but this is probably what's holding you back

I'd suggest doing gslp wich is kinda similar to 531 and also works great for intermediate. Or do your own ss version to make it more female friendly but with the ideas from gslp
>>
>>41668920
Well, if you are doing it correctly, then you are reducing your weekly average calorie intake. If that average is noticeably below your maintenance level, then you will lose weight.

Only looking at calories ignores questions of metabolism, but in general the calorie-in-calorie-out rule is correct.
>>
>>41668927
I figured 531 was worth a shot, just for the decreased rate at which the weight is increased, and because aside from my first two months of lifting I've never been able to add weight each (or even every other) session.

I'll give GSLP a shot, I like the AMRAP sets so be nice to keep them. Do you think to start it when winter comes, or straight away and increase the amount I eat a bit each week?

>>41668902
I think my diet is pretty alright. I get about 1-1.5g/lb protein most days but I'm not sure if it may just be feeding the muscles my cardio breaks down?
>>
>>41668976
I'm not into bulking/cutting. Hodgetwins even say cutting 2-4 times per year is gonna snap your testosterone
This video of candytoe is very very convincing: https://youtu.be/GIX-RyorgkQ
>>
Does anyone here live in Malta? Where do you get your protein supplements? I noticed all protein heavy milk products are quite expensive compared to other European countries.
>>
why is it when I'm cutting, I have some days where I feel real thin and good, and then other days where I feel fat and bloated?
>>
>>41669065
Body dismorphia (>>41668319)
And water
>>
>>41669091
is this the same why some days i feel like the fat is almost off, but then on days like today I feel like i have so much fucking extra fat and skin hanging off that I think I could cut it with a hot knife
>>
>>41669155
It feel like the fat is being "loosened" and extra flabby for a day
>>
>>41669155
>>41669195
But what does the scale say? Is the bodyweight going down? Our minds tend to betray us
>>
>>41669210
its going down. I just hate feeling like this while on a cut
>>
>>41669226
We can cuddle for a while but I'd also expect sex
>>
>>41667837
Kek
>>
>>41668029
Aikido, mma, and Tae Kwon Do
>>
>>41669336
I'm doing ving tsun now and it's not as gay as the youtube videos show, at least not in my school
>>
Is protein powder bad for my liver?
>>
>>41669423
no for fucks sake no
>>
>>41669423
>>41669425
very cheap one is
>>
How are these blackhead sucking machines?
https://www.amazon.com/Microdermabrasion-Blackhead-Rechargeable-Comedone-Extractor/dp/B01N2VNJXC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1495950487&sr=8-3&keywords=pore+vacuum#customerReviews
I want to use one on my nose whenever I need to go out and look good. Not sure if I should opt for this or just a regular facial mask.
>>
>>41669512
Better ask /fa/
I'd guess it won't suck strong enough for safety or hebrew reasons
>>
>>41669392
Do boxing,kick boxing or muay thai.
Taekwondo isn't practical at all
>>
>>41669787
one third of teakwondo is self defence
and teakwondo =/= ving tsun
>>
>>41669018
www.iherb.com
www.bodybuilding.com
>>
>>41669438
No it's not
>>
>>41656432
you should go on the ss forum and ask rippetoe himself. he's usually a bit of a dick but in your case he'd probably give some good advice.
>>
This Thursday was my first day working out, like ever, I'm a fat fuck and I think I went a little too hard for my first time and I'm still sore two days later

Should I still work out of I'm sore, or should I wait until it's gone?
>>
File: IMG_0709.png (74KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0709.png
74KB, 300x256px
So I have just started lifting, mainly focusing on legs because I am a cyclist and play volleyball for my college team. In the gym I'm doing more than my body can handle to the point that other parts of my body are hurting (for example I'm doing so much on the leg press that it hurts my back on the seat). Even though I'm surpassing my limits, I don't feel sore after a workout and the burn from a set of reps only lingers for a minute or so. Am I doing something wrong or is riding a bike for a living and a year of volleyball keeping me fresh? Kinda worried because I need to make gains in the off season
>>
>>41670154
Yea don't worry, just follow your routine as long as it's a good one and if you do it right, you won't have doms anymore
>>
>>41670191
Leg press can be bad for your lower back
Don't focus on your feelings, focus on numbers (weight, reps, PR's etc)
Maybe because of your endurance you can catabolize the lactic acid
>beginner
>surpassing your limits
kek come back when you get nosebleeding or need to puke during a set. You lack neuromuscular efficiency to """"surpass"""" your limits. It will increase a lot with the years if you're persistent
>>
>>41670154
DOMS dont prevent one from training, they only raise the risk of an injury. Warmup well and make sure you dont hurt yourself, and youre fine. You will miss those DOMS later in your lifting career. Enjoy them while they last.
>>
>>41670378
>Maybe because of your endurance you can catabolize the lactic acid
... in your legs faster than average
>>
>>41670378
Thanks. I think it is a case of vb+cycling that is giving me help because I do arms to break up the routine (not a lot because I don't want bulk just toned and not skellymode) but I can feel that they are still feeling the effects throughout the day.
>>
>>41668622
18 % and lean? wut
>>
>>41667997
When you failed 120 you should have tried it again, not advanced, and not backed off after just one miss, it could have been any number of factors. Two misses at a weight is a better sign of being stuck. Back off to 1-3 sessions below the last made weight and approach the point again.

The example Ripp gives in PPST3RD is
> 3x5x255
> 3x5x260
> 4,3,3x265
> 4,3,3x265
> 3x5x245
> 3x5x250
> 3x5x255
>>
Beginner lifter here. Tried hook grip on DL but it didn't feel like it was helping. Tried reverse grip but am afraid of imbalances. Is classic double overhand okay or am I going to screw myself in the longrun?
>>
>>41670554
he's not doing ss retard
>>41667997
Go down 10% and round down so 107,5 next time
>>
>>41670613
Classic double overhand as long as possible (~130 kg for me) then switch to suspinating one hand but alternate every set/workout
>>
>>41670629
Thanks, friend. How important is it to focus on the concentric portion of the deadlift? I've noticed people who seem to let the bar fall rather quickly(not necessarily slamming), and others who let it go down slower, though I feel you'd need lower weight to be able to control this phase.
>>
>>41669244
Fine but im top
>>
>>41670668
eccentric
I don't think it's that important and I drop it fast aswell bc I want to
Maybe look what rippetoe says about it
>>
>>41670698
>eccentric
Oh woops, yeah. Alright, I'll see what Mark thinks, thank you.
>>
>>41668095
more like wtf,if anything
>>
>>41670617
Doesn't matter, fuckwad. It's a good guideline for all linear progression programs. Eat shit and die, motherfucker.
>>
>>41670843
>what is gslp
t. dyel
>>
File: 1438871145142.jpg (98KB, 750x545px) Image search: [Google]
1438871145142.jpg
98KB, 750x545px
What are some easy, healthy, and filling things I can cook for dinner while cutting? I've never been that good of a cook and googling "Healthy dinner recipes" just brings up a lot of stuff that doesn't actually look particularly healthy
>>
>>41670852
>>what is gslp
A ripoff of SS.
>>
File: 1484574265592.png (186KB, 449x450px) Image search: [Google]
1484574265592.png
186KB, 449x450px
How can i make myself thicker above the waist. I got me some wide ass birthing hips and i want to get rid of my nasty X-taper. Is that my obliques? How do i work them?
>>
File: 1495742339694.jpg (32KB, 447x456px) Image search: [Google]
1495742339694.jpg
32KB, 447x456px
>>41667746
>>41667746
>>41667746

anyone???
>>
>>41671009
Don't do brosplit
https://youtu.be/iw1_1oxWB84
You can run a full body 3x/week for your entire life if you want to
You could do different rep ranges or different exercises
Or you could do one of the programs from the sticky
Or gslp
Or canditos stuff
>>
>>41670960
Core lifts(squat, ohp, deadlift), side bents
>>
Should I be drinking caffeine and protein shakes, or just one or the other? Am I right in assuming that caffeine should be pre-workout and protein after?
Thanks /fit/
>>
As of today, I'm going to supplement my squats with leg presses.

My question is, what kind of weight range should I be aiming at? A certain % of my squats, a considerably hihger amount, or just use the same weight for now?
>>
>>41671061
caffeine as preworkout is fine if you don't train in the evening so that the caffeine messes with your sleep
Protein after training is preferred but it doesn't really matter that much when you get it in
>>
New to lifting. Where and how am I supposed to hold the bar for back squats?

If I do high bar it's resting on the ends of my collar bone in my shoulders and top spine vertebre and then hurts the next day, plus I don't think that's good for my discs. If I do low bar it feels like my wrists will break when I go heavier. I couldn't find any other stable areas to rest it, so I figure I'm doing something fucked up.
>>
>>41671061
How the hell did you come with an assumption that caffeine and protein, from any source, were linked somehow magically? You can drink coffee if you want, drink whey shakes too if you wish. Nothing stopping you.
Caffeine, best from coffee obviously gives you a slight boost so obviously thats your pre workout stuff. Rather than worrying about protein TIMINGS, worry about total protein goals per day. If you already get enough protein overall, you probably dont need protein shakes that often. They just cover you with some well absorbing protein.

Post workout shakes are all a scam, eat real food. If you do want to drink a protein shake, just add in 2-3 teaspoons of dextro for the fast acting carbs to go with it and drink it while working out. Preferably after the first exercise, for example. The carbs give you a little boost so you can train a bit harder, and the protein just ensures you have protein in your body available. It's also stupid to drink it post workout as then you cant eat real food as much and as soon as you should.
>>
>>41656410
Your body adapts
Do it for 1 week, at first youll feel so full you want to puke but then a week later you have the appetite and are hungry if you dont eat that much
>>
>>41671098
Youtube "Rippetoe Squat". Youre done with that.

>>41671076
You try it out and see what weight feels like a fit. All leg press machines are different and have slightly different back angle and leg placement etc, dont do any brain work for that, it's useless. Just hit the preferred rep range and then use that intensity as your base. If you want to go 3x12 reps, then find a weight that does it for you.
>>
>>41671121
Thank you friend
>>
>>41671121
Sounds reasonable. I'm indeed aiming for 3x12, so I guess I'll toy around with different weights per set and find something that doesn't put too much strain on me for now.
>>
>Stats
165 lbs
Squat 320x5
DL 365x5
Press 145x5
Bench 165x5

How can I get my bench up other than benching more?
>>
>>41671246
Tried spoto yet?
>>
>>41671256
>spoto
Nah, will try from today though. Thanks!
>>
What bicep exercise do you guys hold the dearest?
Dumbbell curls are fine, but I do not really enjoy the that much and prefer EZ bar much more. Hammer curls are fine too.
I want big arms, are EZ curls and hammer curls enough? Also do pullups and chinups.
>>
>>>41671764
I usually try to do at least one exercise at the end of my pull workout, usually tired as fuck at that point. Usually ez bar curls 3x12 and then I go home. Sometimes I have energy for some supinated grip work too but thats not always. Idk how the fuck people first workout their back properly then have the energy for curls.
>>
If you're on a cut, and doing a P P L routine, should you do 12-15 reps for 3 sets, or 8-12 reps for 4 sets?
>>
>>41672315
You are supposed to reduce volume aka set amount of main lifts on a cut. If you did 4 before, now do 3. Your rep range varies depending on your goals, 1-5 for strenght and 8-12 for hypertrophy, for example. It is generally recommended to go for a bit more strenght heavy focus, but cycling through these phases every 7-9 weeks is a working system.
>>
File: 1444243882961.gif (184KB, 500x733px) Image search: [Google]
1444243882961.gif
184KB, 500x733px
How long before i stop looking like shit?
6'3
190lb
1800-2000 kcal a day
lifting every other day, 2 compounds, 3-4 isolations
walking 1-1.5 hours every day.
its getting close to two months on this schedule
so again, how long does it take to not look like shit?
>>
Can I get some advice on the vitamins and shit to take?

Currently I take a cardiovascular pill right before workout and then down a Amino 2222 pill with my protien shake after. Should I add anything else or is this good?

6'0 skelly currently and just trying to put on beef.
>>
>>41672565
for beef you need to eat food not supplements. 2500-3000 kcal
>>
>>41672565
What the fuck? I hope you arent serious about anything, why would you take ANYTHING you dont have a clear idea of what it does / should you take it? Like I dont understand people who take supplements without properly researching them themselves before. I understand everyone doesnt have an academic degree and have never even heard of pubmed but for fucks sake,
>cardiovascular pil

KYS
Just ditch them all and read the sticky 10x
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.