[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/ do u meditate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: wake.jpg (54KB, 700x396px) Image search: [Google]
wake.jpg
54KB, 700x396px
/fit/ do u meditate?
>>
Yeah I hate my job and it reconciles me in the morning
>>
Yeah man, I really enjoy it
>>
Someone asked Master Yunmen "What is Chan?"
The Master replied, "That's it!"
The questioner went on, "What is Dao?"
The Master said, "Okay!"
>>
File: tumblr_ohi6hyq5xP1rkwij8o1_500.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohi6hyq5xP1rkwij8o1_500.gif
2MB, 500x500px
not nearly enough
but yeah i do
it's pretty great
>>
I believe it's garbage
Then again I have problems with discipline
>>
Maybe 1-3 times a month, should do it more though. It really helps my willpower.
>>
>>41346885
I do 15 minutes every morning, it changes your state of mind
>>
Do 15 mins morning and evening - every aspect of my life is just a little better than before I started doing it though I suppose I'm waiting for some kind of specific change in personality or mindset .
>>
I want to do it more than i do, but i get really tired in my upper back after only 5 minutes which causes me to lose posture and slump over.
>>
yes
i think this a simple and good guide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPpUNAFHgxM
>>
I'm quite interested in this. I've recently tried it for the first time. Does it get easier to get into the right state of mind. I've found it quite difficult to try to quiet down all my thoughts.
>>
>>41346885
Yes and I used to be really good at it, longest session was almost 2 hours. Now I often can't for more than 10-15 minutes. It can really be quite a difficult practice. I think many people believe they are meditating but simply think incessantly with their eyes closes. But it's definitely worth cultivating the skill, but it takes a lot of discipline to achieve the level of focus it requires to be truly life changing.
>>
>>41350685

It comes with practice.
I'm not a seasoned practicioner myself, but have noticed that with daily meditation I become increasingly aware of my own mind, my thoughts, my ego, and how to "let go" of it all.
It's a great relief, something that almost seemed unthinkable for me to do before I started but now it comes easier with each time I do it.

At times it can be very fucking frustrating but by keeping at it you'll set things in motion within you that will make things clearer.
The key is "simply" "doing" "it".
>>
File: 256436562.gif (1018KB, 499x374px) Image search: [Google]
256436562.gif
1018KB, 499x374px
>having the need to meditate to calm down
Kek, just work/work out >>>/out/ side in the nature such as a forest where you can tank the energy much more simple then living in your concrete cities. And if that's still not enough just lay down there and soak the sounds around you in for ten minutes. Nothing more needed. No special breathing.
>>
>>41351914
>lay down and soak in the sounds around you for 10 minutes
That's called meditation anon
>>
>>41351968
Not every small relaxation is meditation. You neither focous on your breathing nor do you sort your thoughts
>>
>>41352019
You don't have to focus on breathing to meditate. Breath is usually chosen as a focus object because it is something that is always present. Listening to sounds and letting in thoughts is basically practicing mindfullness.
>>
>>41352019
If you work on focusing on a single thing, than that is medition.
Lying around, soaking up the sounds and letting everything else drift by, is medition.
Focusing on breathing is just one method of doing so, as would be focusing on a single though.

True, relaxing is not equal to meditation, but a lot of people meditate sometimes, without even knowing it
>>
yep, currently 45 mins every morning. People who don't meditate miss out I think
>>
>>41352055
>>41352050
Oh fuck me. This is a so broad definition that you could call it meditate everytime you want to sleep
>>
>>41352148
No mindfulness is very different experience than sleep. It is not simply the absence of thought, you are fully aware of everything that is going on around you.
>>
>>41352194
Yeah, mindfulness is the key. However you anchor yourself is just a tool. Breathing is the easiest one.

I've been meditating for years as part of a spiritualist practice and it's definitely comfy. Even just 15 minutes at a time is nice.
>>
How do I meditate
>>
>>4135214
>nuuuhhh that's a broad definition
>this fag doesn't know about mindfulness meditation

HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>41352216
I would start off with some guided meditations on youtube. Just sitting down on your own and saying i'm going to meditate can be very difficult.
>>
>>41346885
I started meditating when I spent about a year trying everything I could to cure my depression after realizing antidepressants weren't working. I started taking tyrosine and tryptophan, meditated, stopped smoking pot and drinking, ate more balanced meals and took supplements like B vitamins, iron, magnesium, and zinc. Stopped meditating after I began to feel better. This thread inspired me to start again.

When I did it i found it very challenging though, It took 20 minutes of mental effort to feel the sought after empty mind state. And when I did achieve it only lasted seconds. Sometimes I never achieved that state at all. I still always felt more calm and present after meditating.
>>
>>41352343
Yeah it's not easy, especially if you're out of practice. Actually meditating for any extended period of time is legitimately difficult, the people who do it for 1+ hours always impress me.
>>
File: 1493907555132s.jpg (3KB, 125x120px) Image search: [Google]
1493907555132s.jpg
3KB, 125x120px
>>41352343
feeling a bit depressed lately

HAL :^)
>>
>>41348281
you can do it sitting in a chair, you don't have to sit in a specific way or anything.
>>
>>41351903
Thanks anon. I'm feeling inspired. Gonna stick with it.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.