[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heart problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: ZHnXYzs.png (13KB, 736x547px) Image search: [Google]
ZHnXYzs.png
13KB, 736x547px
I need some help. To preface this, I am 18, so young, which is relevant, and I have a typical resting heart beat in the low 50s, sometimes high 40s(I'm a distance runner), I don't smoke or drink, but I eat fast food a few times a week. Sometimes, during/after physically exhert myself, my heart will get an irregular beat, and then my heart beat will start raising like crazy. It makes me feel like I am going to pass out, but I haven't passed out from it yet. It has only happened 4 times I am aware of, only two of which was I wearing my watch with a heart monitor. I went to a doctor and he said it could be a mess up with the electrical pathways of my heart, something I could either grow out of or get surgery to fix. He referred me to a cardiologist, the cardiologist took a sound picture thing of my heart(I'm stupid and don't know the formal name), and had me wear a heart monitor for a day. I got all the results back and the cardiologist said I was perfectly fine, but the concerning thing is that the heartbeat thing has happened twice after that visit with the cardiologist, and with shorter times in between it occuring. I have been somewhat dehydrated, food deprived, and either currently or was shortly before physically exherting myself. I have also been under a shit ton of stress for the past three times it has happened, with work, finals, and other projects/test piled up around me. What is this? Why does it happen? Is it something to be concerned about? If I can fix it, how? It happened tonight and I don't know if it is safe for me to go work construction all day tomorrow. Please help.
>>
>>41333333
>>
>>41333360
>nymous 05/05/17(Fri)22:45:34 No.41333361▶
>>>41333333
go to doctor
>>
>>41333360
Hey, my brother is in med school so i called him and made him read your pst and he told me something like this. sorry for my english.
He said it could be a Atrioventricular Nodal Reentry Tachycardia and that it could be dangerous, your heart could fail (sudden death) and that's not good. you should go to another cardiologist and explain him the that this has happend several times and that he should examine you more.
>>
>>41333518
he told me other interesting technicalities but what matters is that your problem may be difficult to solve, go to a better cardiologist. He put you that thing to watch your heart rate but that thing doesn't happens to you everyday. Go to another cardiologist!!!!
>>
>>41333557
Thanks man, I will get this checked out. I had a echo cardiogram and wore a heart monitor so I think my heart is pretty well screened but I guess it is worth a shot. These doctor visits cost too much tho.
>>
>>41333361
fpbp
>>
Sounds exactly like a panic attack, triggered by stress, could be physical or mental or a combination of both.
>>
>>41333627
I've had panic attacks many times before, but this was more just a heart beat thing, and I didn't feel any anxiety. This may be a real possibility, but is it possible to have a panic attack without any anxiety? Like, although I was stressed, I felt pretty normal, and then my heart rate just spiked. This last time it only went up to about 150 BPM but my resting heart rate is low 50s so that is high for me, especially since I wasn't doing anything tonight, I was just standing around calmly throwing a football with friends, while my heart monitor only read in the 70s/80s, then it hit me.
>>
>>41333672
Yeah panic attacks can feel purely physical. Lots of people confuse their panic attacks with respiratory issues because they feel like they're choking or not able to breath.
>>
>>41333684
Fuck dude that makes a lot of sense, thank you. Can you get an irregular heart beat from a panic attack?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.