[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 41

File: 1493401191323.jpg (122KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
1493401191323.jpg
122KB, 999x624px
Old one over 300.

Is fasted cardio worth doing or is it pointless?
>>
e read a lot online that it isn't good to do cardio around the time you lift when trying to build muscle, but my father who helped me with a routine said its important to do ten minutes of like rowing machine before lifting, to warm up. Not sure which is more beneficial then doing it or not..
>>
>>41325142
lmfao, your father is wrong friend
>>
>>41325094
I need to get stronger at pullups (can currently do about 6-8 reps)
I do around 8 excercises every lifting session
>How dumb am i for doing a set of pullups between every excercise?
>>
>>41325142

He's right that you need to warm up, but he's wrong in suggesting that you need to warm up with cardio.

Warm up by lifting lighter weight but doing the same exercises, then do your actual sets.
>>
Will doing heavy rows help my pull up game?
>>
>>41325094
You should be doing cardio in general to exercise the heart
Don't do it fasted
It provides no extra benefits and require more energy which will be equally burning muscle and fat because no carbs (glycogen) to burn
Muscle is easier to burn as well
>>
File: dpnyt97hsis8.jpg (528KB, 2692x4039px) Image search: [Google]
dpnyt97hsis8.jpg
528KB, 2692x4039px
I've been doing ICF for a few weeks now. I'm wondering about changing it a little so that I hit my arms more often as I think they're falling behind & I want bigger arms.

Current

>Day A

>Squats 5x5
>Bench 5x5
>Bent over rows 5x5
>Shrugs 3x10
>Curls 3x8
>Cable pushdowns 3x8

>Day B
>Squat 5x5
>OHP 5x5
>Bent over rows 5x5
>Close grip bench 3x8
>Curls 3x8
>Hyperextensions 2x10

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

I want to move the curls, close grip bench and pushdowns to a different day, let's call it C, and go

ACBCACx
BCACBCx

Or have the rest day somewhere else, basically hitting arms 3 days a week.

Thoughts?
>>
Why should I not drink diet sodas or things like sugarfree redbull and such (obviously not like a gallon a day, I mean moderately)?
>>
>>41325646
your bench and ohp will probably suffer because you never give your triceps a rest
>>
>>41325791
Is 24 hours not long enough for such a (relatively) small muscle group? I nearly always go between about 10pm and midnight so it would be a solid day between each workout.
>>
>>41325781
Because your body doesn't know how to process artificial sugars as well as it knows how to process natural sugars.
That said, the best option is drink nothing but water but it's boring and not for everyone.
If you have to drink sodas imo drink I'll sugar and clean your teeth 3 times a day
>>
>>41325265
kek
>>
>>41325781
Artifical sugar is still a form of sugar. In fact depending on your body it may actually be worse for you.

About half the population get the exact same or worse effect from consuming artifical sugar to real sugar.

So if you really care, go get your blood sugar tested after not having any soda, then again two weeks later while drinking it daily. If your BS spikes the you know you're one of the people who cant handle it.
>>
>>41325094
I'm at the point where a full body work out is too much of a workload. What's a decent split that uses only dumbells because that's all I have? Is a 2 or 3 day split better?
>>
1. Let's say I do a 3 days a week routine and want to add some volume. Should I add the extra accessories at the end of my usual workouts, or can I do them on my off days, or can I even finish my main workout, go home, and do my accessories in the evening?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm often tired enough at the end of my main workouts(45 min-1hr usually) , but not so much that I couldn't do anything more if I tried.
>>
>>41325166
https://youtu.be/mRznU6pzez0
>>
>>41325781
My policy is to eat more or less anything I'm offered but never buy anything non paleo. Works out that once a week or so a buddy will offer me a pop or something.
>>
When deadlifting. whenever I finish a rep and get to the ground, the right side of the bar ends up forward and I have to reset position.
I imagine I'm probably imbalanced in some way, but not sure how to fix it.
I'm at around 2pl8. no bully
>>
>>41325878
you can literally do it however you want you could do more work per session or more sessions per week
>>41325949
just hang on to the bar?
>>41325833
try it out i guess
>>
>>41326039
Thanks bro
>>
Trying to do pushups on my fingers but they're currently unable to support my weight. Any way to strengthen them?
>>
>>41325094
Calisthenics + Swimming with no lifting, is it good enough?
>>
what's the best exercise for strengthening grip/fingers?
>>
>>41325781
there's absolutely no reason not to do so provided it's done in moderation

fuckin' bro bullshit in most of the responses
>>
>>41326133
Deadlift, farmers walk. Stuff like this
>>
>>41326133
Hand jobs
>>
>>41326129
for general health and fitness? certainly good enough

most of appearance is diet anyways, looking lean enough to show off whatever you got
>>
>>41325094
Do you count bar weight? For example, I do bench press with 25lbs on each side. How much do I bench?
>>
File: flowchart_ken_by_mamith-d2xvrpn.jpg (196KB, 527x504px) Image search: [Google]
flowchart_ken_by_mamith-d2xvrpn.jpg
196KB, 527x504px
How to set reps and rest? Say you start with an 8-12 program. do you start at 8 reps then work your way up to 12, then shorten rest? how much rest do you start with?
>>
>>41326830
you bench 25+25+bar weight

>>41326886
you mean rest as in rest between sets?
I would just up the weight once you hit 12 reps and work up from 8 reps again, then repeat
>>
File: SpineIsDead.png (596KB, 511x891px) Image search: [Google]
SpineIsDead.png
596KB, 511x891px
>>41325094
I'm still new to lifting and I'm trying to develop good form habits. I did OHP today and filmed myself so I could check back.

Is my my back bending too much? If it is, how can I keep it straighter? Pic related.
>>
Anyone know any solid gyms to do Oly at in Chicago? I'm moving to the north side soon and need a place to lift by myself (not a club)
>>
I'm not sure if this is okay or not but my muscles aren't hurting the next day after working out like they used to.

Is it because they are used to working out or am i doing something wrong? I'm not lowering weights or reps or anything.
>>
>>41327287
Im not knowledgeable enough to judge your form, but I make sure to squeeze my glutes, have no bend in legs and have tight core while I OHP so that my back does not bend.

>>41327396
your body gets used to the volume, so I guess its not a problem when you are still progressing.
>>
Can I do SS & Intermittent Fasting @ the same time.

I used to lift all the time but then got semi-fat and weak, I'm 5"11 and 100kg's right now.

I know I'm gonna recover my strength quickly but I'd like to lose fat at the same time, and quicker than just eating at a deficit. I'm currently 30% bodyfat. What do?
>>
File: 1488196314463.jpg (200KB, 720x774px) Image search: [Google]
1488196314463.jpg
200KB, 720x774px
Can I use exclusively switch grip on deadlift as long as I alternate hands?
>>
>>41327287

Check Alan Thralls videos on OHP. Start with this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wol7Hko8RhY
>>
>>41327433
thanks mang, i see someone answering a lot of questions each day, is it you?
>>
>>41325833

The triceps is not a small muscle:

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/triceps-heads.jpg

Let your muscles rest, thats when they get bigger.
>>
>>41325854
So.... no?
>>
I went to the gym for the first time today, I could barely bench press the empty bar and doing curls with 5kg dumbbells felt really hard

Is this normal?
>>
>>41327557
if you're a skeletor and/or barely had any physical work at home then yes.

I was pretty much the same and i can tell you that if you continue working out, you'll notice the first changes pretty soon, give it one month or two and you'll notice you're way stronger than you're used to be.
>>
>one hand OHP a 2 wheel dolly

jeez that was tough.

trying to find household misc stuff that I can lift

I need something good for curls
>>
>>41327490
Haha no propably not, im lifting for like 6 weeks and I dont visit /fit/ that often.

>>41327522
You mean pull up game as in pull up the exercise?
If so, why shouldnt they? Both work your back and depending on the grip your bicep to some extent.

>>41327608
fill a bag/backpack with stuff and curl it
>>
>>41327451
Yes but best is to use both hands pronated until weight gets too heavy
>>
>>41327442
Yes
>>
File: wide hips or just fat - Copy.jpg (738KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
wide hips or just fat - Copy.jpg
738KB, 2448x3264px
do i have wide hips or am i just a fatty? also since im obviously pretty dyel what would be better for aesthetic gains bro split or something like ppl?
>>
Should I fuck this super hot russian hooker tonight for £150 an hour? I'm sitting on a 35 day NoFap nut.
>>
>>41327787
Id say that you are just a fatty. I prefer ppl over a bro split.
You hit your bodyparts more often and I think that you, as an unexperienced lifter, dont need to rest that long yet (6, days for one bodypart).
But in the end do whatever you prefer
>>
>>41327942
i have been doing bro split for a few months now and my lifts have gone up quite a bit but im not really gaining any real weight so im not sure if im actually putting on any muscle
>>
>>41327876
Use protection
>>
Does body weight have a tendency to increase during very hot weather? Possibly from the increased water retention to avoid dehydration or something like that?

My weight recently spiked like 8lbs. It keeps going up and down according to the scale. It was 4.5lbs lower yesterday than today and the only difference in lifestyle is that it was hot as fuck out here yesterday. I also looked much dryer in the mirror yesterday too.
>>
>>41327985
Are you eating in a surplus, deficit or maintenance?
Also I wouldnt worry too much about your weight, do you see progress in the mirror?
>>
>>41328049
Yes but not 8 lbs
Salt + Carbs + water maybe
>>
>>41328060
yes there is definetly muscles appearing that i didnt have before when i flex, eat at about maintenance i would guess, maybe only a small amount above that
>>
>>41328103
Well I wouldnt worry about it as long as you are seeing changes in the mirror. Do you plan on cutting anytime soon?
>>
>>41328119
havent planned on it, i dont think i have built up enough muscle yet really, and im not interested in being insanely lean anyway. eventually i would just like to be lean enough to show some abs but thats as far as i would cut.
>>
Hey guys. I'm on mobile. And I've been trying to get the downloads for overcoming gravity and foundation. But I think tmobile doesn't allow p2p. If I use Wi-Fi. How can I use the links(?) provided in the op? Those aren't your usual (www. whatever .co m) Do I just Google search or something? I try to use Utorrent. But I honestly don't know.
>>
>>41328180
Also. I thought I was in the bwg. My bad. None the less. Question still stands.
>>
>don't lift for a couple weeks
>go full bore 2 days ago
>tweak something between shoulder blades
>rested yesterday
>hurts spine to drink or eat

Gonna stick to pushups today ya or nah?
>>
File: soclose.png (226KB, 533x294px) Image search: [Google]
soclose.png
226KB, 533x294px
How much do macros really matter?
Mine are 50 fat, 25 carb, 25 protein (180+ grams per day of protein), and I get complements all the time now about how big I look. Could I be doing better?
>>
>>41328383
not that i am an expert but that sounds like a decent split of macros to me
>>
>>41328399
I'm always recommended more from carbs than fat
>>
Lets say I basically trained only a single muscle group and nothing else, would it grow faster than if I did a full body workout with the same focus on that muscle group?
Like if I did a few sets of ohp instead of a few sets of squats and ohp, would I see the same gains on my delts?
>>
>>41328422
oh right yeah i miss read that, i would swap around carb and fat percentages, but hey do what works for you bro
>>
File: 138.gif (2MB, 416x301px) Image search: [Google]
138.gif
2MB, 416x301px
I've been on my first cut for a week already and it fucking sucks, I just came from the gym and it's the first time I've failed doing chest in months and I'm feeling tired, what to do?

Someone told me to time my meals before the gym but this contradicts the 6 small meals with protein through the day routine, any other tips?
>>
>>41328522
what's the difference?
>>
>>41328538
How high is the deficit and how do you split your macros?
Why do you insist on eating 6 small meals with protein through the day?
>>
>>41328553
like i said not an expert, but from my understanding carbs are the bodies best source of energy, so the logic would be more carbs makes for more and heavier lifts? fat i think is also used as an energy source but isnt as good or takes longer to break down to a usable substance or some bs
>>
>>41325094
What if I only deadlift as my only leg work out?

will I fuck up proportions or something like that or am I fine on deadlifting once or twice per week(depending on the week) at 1x5?
>>
>>41328538
you dont really need 6 small meals a day that is just supposed to stop you from feeling hungry all the time, it might be better to eat more before the gym so that you can have energy to do your lifts
>>
>>41328593
why do you only diddly for legs tho o.o
>>
>>41328593
If im not mistaken they mainly work your hamstrings, so your hamstrings would eventually overpower your quads.
Just dedicate a day or two to legs or incorporate some leg exercises in your routine.
>>
>>41328613
I like symmetry and my legs easily out grow my upper body so right now theyre kinda balanced and I dont want to fuck it up

>o.o

get the fuck out
>>
>>41328620
how2maintain balance without really growing legs?
>>
>>41328583
>How high is the deficit and how do you split your macros?
200p/150c/50f, Scooby's calculator put me at +2400 tdee so I guess I'm on a ~600 cal deficit

>Why do you insist on eating 6 small meals with protein through the day?
Someone here meme'd me into it and since I was comfortable with the routine and other people told me it's good to distribute my protein intake through the day I kept it.
>>
redpill me on counting calories on fruit.

I know that when it says, for example, 100g is 100 calories and the whole fish weights 500g then i'm consuming 500calories even if I dont eat the spine and parts of the head.

but on fruit, is it the same? or is it just the "flesh" ?

I wish I could explain myself better but for some reason its hard in english
>>
>Been powerlifting for 1 year, made some solid muscle and strength gains
>Get selected for spring rowing (7 week rowing introduction for motivated students) at the university rowing fraternity

I started rowing this week and I really want to row, because I just love the brotherhood and being on the water with your buds. I already trained 5 times this week (3times on the water, 2 times on the erg). However, will I lose my gains if I stop working out in the gym and instead train 5 times a week on the water and on the ergometer?
>>
>>41328666
A calorie from fructose isn't much different from one from sucrose apart from the fact that the former comes with lots of fiber and thus the its lower glycemic index, although you should take everything with a grain of salt to avoid cheating yourself and get some sugary juice using the excuse it's fructose.
Also dem vitamins
>>
>>41328635
workout legs only once a week, or once every second week???? its not that hard dude. cutting a bunch of exercises from your leg routine is probably the worst way to keep your body balanced
>>
>>41328753
will legs grow if im on a bulk but squatting the same sets, reps and weight?
>>
>>41328666
If I eat an orange, I only track the weight without the shell.

>>41328655
I would stop eating 6 times a day at only 1800kcal.
Maybe fast in morning and consume your kcals in the second half of the day.
Something like intermittent fasting or renegade diet
>>
>>41328742
I meant like for example papaya, it has like 46kcals per 100g

does it mean it's 100g of only the flesh or the whole thing(skin included and seeds)
>>
Squats really kill me, I'm only doing 60kg + bar weight for 5x5, I'm tracking my calories and macros so my diets on point, but in saying this I've only just started lifting again and I'm on my 2nd workout day this week. Any suggestions? I don't have a squat tower just a squat rack so if I drop the bar it's gonna be a shit show so I can't really push myself as much as I'd be able to if I had one with safety rails
>>
>>41325094
Is it alright to substitute the bench press for dips + cable flies? I'm currently doing it 2x a week, while doing ohp 2x a week as well.
>>
5'11 197lbs 22% BF

what weight should I shoot for if I want to cut to 12%
>>
>>41328813
You can dump a squat bar pretty safely. Sure it will make a racket but you won't get hurt from it. I dumped a 90kg bar off my back three times last workout, got stuck in the hole doing pause squats.
>>
>>41328919
I'm /homegym/, my dad doesn't want the flooring all fucked up
>>
can i squat everyday for mass gain using prepilins table ?
>>
>>41325094
I do SS and also curl/french press
Every lift is fine, except for biceps curl, since I got top notch Auschwitz arms and whenever I curl I get massive pump in my forearms, which is sometimes painful
And this keeps happening for some time
Shall I continue curling or switch to some other exercise for biceps?
>>
>>41325781

Squeeze your ass down and forward
>>
how can I make my V taper stand out more?
oblique work? if so what exercise to isolate the obliques
>>
Anyone has the Chocolate Smooth Impact Whey Isolate from myprotein?

want to look at the nutritional values to see how different it is from non-flavoured.

looking for some whey I can add to stuff or just drink on its own that doesnt taste like pure trash or just sweet
>>
Some of the dumbbells at my gym have ridiculously thin handles, to the point that I'm having trouble gripping them properly. wat do? Should I get those fat grip things?
>>
Is Greyskull LP good for a recovering fatty? My legs are fairly big, and the attention to upper body sounds appealing. Has anyone had any success with it?
>>
I guess I somehow hurt my adductors (light pain when stretching, feeling uncomfortable), however I can still rotate my leg inwards/outwards without sharp pain, I only feel slightly uncomfortable.
I dont want to test the limits, because I dont want to fuck them up more.
So is there anything I can do except waiting?
I guess I cant do any lower body excercises anymore, correct?
>>
Is there any evidence that wide grip dips can increase the gap between your pecs ? Or is it all bullshit
>>
>>41330480
Sounds like bullshit to me. Pecs attach at the sternum on each side. Cant really manipulate the attachment or sternum itself
>>
Lifting for about 2 years, but have only been in a caloric surplus for 8 months or so. Rarely traines legs when I first started due to "big leg syndrome" and I really want to get to 3 plates now. Currently at 235 for 5x5. Should I still try to increase by 5 or 10 lbs every week or will I not be able to since Im technically not just starting out?
>>
Sometimes after lifting, my wrist hurts when bending it for a few days. It's the opposite of my dominant hand, if that would somehow be relevant.

Is my form shit? Do I need more milky-wilky? Should I be resting more between sets? Do certain stretches before lifting?
>>
>>41330674
Probably form. Is it a particular lift?
>>
>>41330704
If I had to guess, I'd say it's just the bench press.
>>
>>41330715
Just keep the wrist straight up throughout the movement. I'm guessing the problem starts with your grip, and then you turn your wrist backward to compensate.
>>
>>41330753
That makes sense. Thanks a bunch, anon.
>>
File: 1478166655568.jpg (36KB, 435x334px) Image search: [Google]
1478166655568.jpg
36KB, 435x334px
Are there anyone that has a bulged disc ?
How do you train,how much time you took off.
I want to fucking end my life rn.
>>
>>41330872
Bruh when I bulged a disc I went to the doctor, dude said rest, so I switched to a calisthenics routine. A week later that shit was back in place and the doc was mind blown. Just take care of yourself and sleep on your back.
>>
Is it true not scaling back in weight during a cut will take me to snap city?
>>
>>41330899
Did you get an mri ?
I dont get excruciating pain like ppl on internet explain,how much your pain was like ?
>>
>>41330921
Yup, and the pain was shit, I actually couldn't get out of bed the first day. It was like being a turtle on it's back, my arms couldn't even muster the strength to push back or roll over, it hurt enough to just shut me down at first. If you jump into calisthenics just don't do any crunches, situps or related ab exercises. Farthest you should go in that vein of things is squats.
>>
What do I do at the gym while waiting for the power cage to squat in? At my gym there is only 1 power cage with useable safety bars. There are 2 cages but the other one the safety bar things are fucked up. No squat racks. I haven't previously had to wait more than 10 minutes but yesterday I had to wait 45 minutes. I just stand around like an autist doing nothing. There is an outside area where people do cleans and there are tires to flip and such. I just stand out there waiting till whoever is done with the cage is done. I even go at 8pm when there are less people. Should I just do squats with dumbbells if it seems the wait will be too long? Maybe go upstairs and use the smith machine? (Nah fuck that)

Thankfully I can do all the other lifts in the other cage or take a bar outside to deadlift.

One thing I have done is grab 2 plates and walk around outside doing farmers carries while waiting. I am worried that will make my squating performance weaker as I tire out my legs though. Farmers carry is some autistic shit though...
>>
Does a cup of oatmeal mess up intermittent fasting? I've been doing IF for a while, but just barely have I realized that it might not be working as intended due to the oatmeal.
>>
File: activity_level.jpg (233KB, 1616x545px) Image search: [Google]
activity_level.jpg
233KB, 1616x545px
TDEE calculation - which activity level?
http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
>run 5-6x a week 20-30min with extensive streching afterwards
>3x week lower body bodyweight exercises
Should I choose light or moderate?

If you wonder why no upper body or weights: I currently focus on running alone.
>>
Ok I have to ask again,

Does /fit/ count the bar to the weights?
Because I was under the impression you don't.
>>
>>41331126
Of cours we do! Not counting the bar is literally a joke people make.
>>
So when I, lets say: OHP 45kg in plates and 10kg for the bar, I write 55kg here?
>>
>>41325094
I have done brosplits, now i want to get stronger whats better SL or SS? Also any recommendations for cardio at home?
>>
>>41331171
yes. I mean if you would use a 20kg bar, you had to substract another 10kg. That doesnt make sense.
If it would be one giant object you lifted, there would be nothing to substract. Dumbells, kettlebelts?
Its the total weight you have to count.
>>
>>41331258
how much do the clips that hold the weight on add then?
>>
File: 71lMLiRlQtL._SL1500_.jpg (127KB, 1500x1388px) Image search: [Google]
71lMLiRlQtL._SL1500_.jpg
127KB, 1500x1388px
>>41331275
according to amazon pic related weights only 90gr each. They are for bars with 50mm diameter. Their weight is pretty much negletable.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (32KB, 206x516px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
32KB, 206x516px
>>41325094
is this program decent? ive been lifting 8 months and want to switch things up a bit.
>>
Anyone had or know someone who's had loose skin surgery done? I've heard it's painful, but worth it?
>>
>>41328866
double dubs and no answer?
cmon, pls respond
>>
>>41331518
What the fuck is up with you pussies doing any less than 20 reps at any weight. Can't stand this shit, it's not even fitness. They need to change the name of this board to "Larger People and Steroids"
>>
I am 5'4", 145 lbs. 16% body fat. I have been going to the gym religiously but cannot progress weight. I want to eat more but scared of getting fatter. What do?
>>
>>41331673
i was under the impression that 6-8 reps was ideal for """strength""" and 10-12 for """hypertrophy."""

why do 20 reps if you're reaching the points of diminishing returns at 12 reps?
>>
>>41331743
Your returns don't diminish after 12, that's fucking bioscience, the idea is that you lose your pump if you that way. So oh no, you don't LOOK as big when you walk out of the gym, but you look like a flat bitch at the end of the night. I've never done less than 30 reps for any given exercise and I'm fucking beefcake. You faggots need to start working hard, not fast.
>>
How long should I work on proper form? I'm doing SS as a total beginner and there is so much material to cover. I dont want to injure myself but I want to start making progress too.
>>
>>41331726
What weight are you stalled at? How much do you sleep? Do you get your protons? If you don't want to get fatter, slim down for the summer and start bulking from a good base in September.
>>
>>41331794
there are studies regarding muscle hypertrohpy and rep numbers. Go read them, then come back and apologize like a pussy because you were wrong.
>>
tired of being a skeleton

about to go out and get a membership at lafitness

what do?
>>
>>41331832
working on form is a never ending progress. But its important to reach a point were its okay and you wont injure yourself.
>>
>>41331914
eat slightly higher than your BMR

do a bunch of compound lifts to increase strength
>>
>>41331892
Nah I'm going to continue doing 200 of everything every day and making you faggots mad when I bench 3pl8 despite benching once a year MAX
>>
>>41331950
stronglifts?
>>
I want to get a pair of weightlifting socks to use directly at the gym

how/where do I get ahold of these?

The only reason I'm looking is because I want to lift in bare feet, but without a home gym that simply isn't viable, people would not like it.
>>
File: 1473031486898.jpg (244KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1473031486898.jpg
244KB, 1024x682px
>>41325094
Runnerfags help me

>went to the track today
>drank water
>warmed up for 10 minutes
>stretches, high knees, butt kicks, up and down
>jogged a lap
>drank some more water

I was going to Run 100 m / Walk 100 m for 15 minutes, basically HIIT.

>on your mark get set go
>start sprinting 10 meters
>strained my quad
>game over - snapped my shit up on first interval

What went wrong?
>>
What's the best way to make muscles look better without flexing them. It's like night and day with my biceps or back. Is it simply bf%?
>>
>>41332177
Don't stretch a lot before running, do some dynamic shit like lunges and free squats, but much more than that isn't good for it. Outside of that, try running with a midstrike, instead of heel. Might save some injuries in the f8ture.
>>
>>41332244
can be a bunch of things like water retention from to much sodium, bf, no pump etc
>>
>>41332262
sweet, thanks. I'll cut the sodium down and see how that works.
>>
>>41331838
Bench: 145
Squat: 185
Deadlift: 245
OHP: 85

All lbs., all 5RM. Sad!
>>
>>41332244
once they're as big as you want, then yes, it is bf%

got to be a lean cunt to really see the beef. Eat clean and fresh, dont cheat or you wont see the meat
>>
>>41331726
>>41332296
>scared of getting fatter

don't be. Just eat clean you silly cunt. Lots of protons, carb up before a workout, and then cut like fucking crazy after you've got your stats up/muscles bigger.
>>
File: 1446856222496.jpg (93KB, 680x907px) Image search: [Google]
1446856222496.jpg
93KB, 680x907px
>>41325094
I got a weak core/lower back which inhibits my squats - what can I do to strengthen my core and especially my lower back/spine?
>>
How reasonable is it for me to improve my half-marathon time from 1:48 to below 1:35?

I've been going to the gym more to gain muscle in my legs, but other than that I'm not sure what I should do to run more competitively
>>
when I fail a set, i.e 4x10 last set I do only 6, I usually add one or two drop sets to fail because I feel I didn't do enough for growth or whatever.

is this helping, hurting, or no effect on my gains?
>>
>>41332244
It's body fat and falling for the strength/hypertrophy meme.
>>
File: lm61pvo1b3iy.jpg (63KB, 564x998px) Image search: [Google]
lm61pvo1b3iy.jpg
63KB, 564x998px
More of a general health question

Is it possible that beer is harder on the heart (than something like spirits or to a lesser extent wine) due solely to the processing of more liquid?
>>
What do you eat for Breakfasts if you're trying to cut out/severely reduce carbs?

I can be chomping down bacon and eggs every morning can I?
>>
>>41332643
skip it
>>
3x5, 4x5 or 5x5 for deadlift

ive never bothered to deadlift, but i want to hit 405
>>
>>41332686
3x5 imo

some would argue for 3x1 go extremely heavy
>>
Bar almost completely slipped out of my left hand on the last rep of deadlifts today - how to increase grip strength and are there any quick cheats/fixes I can use?
>>
>>41332643
Eat Quark. It has a little over 4 grams Protein per gram Carbohydrate.
>>
>>41332719
would you change your recommendation for someone thats already hit 1/2/3
>>
>>41332620
>due solely to the processing of more liquid

wtf? Explain your reasoning.
>>
>>41332686
1 set to failure
>>
>>41332328

who is this jizz whiz
>>
is it weird to bring your own equipment to the gym?

I don't mean dbs or anything, just small (1.25-2.5lb) plates that they don't have
>>
>>41325142
The general warmup should be simple, anything that gets the whole body moving and warm without wasting energy is sufficient. About 30 seconds or twenty four-count reps of Jumping Jacks is perfectly sufficient for a general weightroom warmup. When "Coach" use to say "go run a lap and come back here" that was way more than was needed to get warm, and it only took about 2-1/2 minutes.

The specific warmup for each lift should use the lift itself, tapering down from multiple reps to singles. Divide the target weight of the first set into roughly equal fractions, performing sets of 5, 3, 1, 1, etc., reps, each set adding weight until the target weight is reached. I like to do at least 3 warmup sets, or 1 set per 100lbs of target weight on the first working set or single, whichever is greater.
>>
>>41332786
Yes, it's weird, but do it anyways. Stuff like microplates, dipping belt, straps, chalk, "board press" props, is the kind of stuff weirdos like us put in our gym bags.
>>
>>41332727
Use a mixed grip or hook grip or straps for the working sets you can't handle now, so that the grip issue doesn't get in the way of your back workout.

Do all your warmups double overhand until you can't do anymore, than switch.

Doing lots of stuff like high-rep doh grip straightleg deads for hammies will work grip, also doing a lot of accessories that work grip like pullups, barbell rows, etc.

If that isn't enough, get a gripper trainer and work it during the day.
>>
>>41332403
spend a workout a week at 5K (about 10% faster in MPH than your HM time) and 10K (about 5% faster) pace, running 2-3 long intervals (like 1 mile) at 5K with easy 1/2 miles between them, and doing tempo runs of 4-5 miles at 10K pace. Do this in addition to your quality Long Run to help build speed. Separate these three runs by a day off (and if you do legs in the gym, do them on the day of, but before, your 5K and 10K pace work).
>>
>>41331115
anyone?
>>
If I go to the gym 6 days a week and I see progress, can I have 6 twisted tea? I'm alone but it's nice out, I want to throw the ball to my dog in the dark and forget it all
>inb4 Bitch drink, it's summer you mong
>>
I'm 170 lbs with a 405 squat but only a 235 bench. Most guys with the squat are benching close to 300. How do I get my lifts up? I do lots of upper body shit and yet after workouts my lower body is sorer than my upper body. Is there a different set/rep/weight range I should be thinking about when it comes to upper body stuff or what?
>>
File: It hurts.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
It hurts.gif
2MB, 500x281px
Guys, my back hurts. I just started strength training, and yes I'm a fattie/beginner. Anyway I was doing a basic beginner strength routine and I made sure to watch videos of how to properly do the exercises but I think I didn't do them right. Like part of the routine says I need to do 5x5 deadlift, and I think that's what I messed up on. But I made sure my posture was correct, and I made sure not to lift so much that I couldn't pick it up, or hurt myself.

Is this normal /fit/? I know usually when you first start out lifting weights your body is going to have DOMS and hurt for a while but I don't know if my back should be this sore.
>>
>>41331115
Flip a coin, the real money is in adjusting the diet as you go. Basically unless you're a really fat fuck, target 1-2lbs of weight loss a week, weigh yourself daily and track a moving average, adjust your kcal estimate +/-10% every week based on results and how your energy level/performance is.
>>
>>41333455
If it's just like muscle soreness but not sharp pain, and associated with movement and not positions, it is likely just doms. Don't underestimate how bad doms can be the first time you have it, but be glad it goes away over time, usually within a week or two. Hell the first heavy squat workout I had, I hated taking a shit the next day b/c of how bad my hamstrings felt!.

But that 5x5 deadlift? That seems excessive, not many programs use 5x5 on deadlift.
>>
>>41333490
I found this set linked through the sticky, I thought it was for beginners. Maybe it isn't.

http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html

It says you alternate between two different workout routines 3 times a week. And frankly I'm pretty weak and couldn't lift a lot of weight, like for the deadlift I was able to do like 15 lbs of weight on each side, so 30 lbs of weight plus the weight of the bar itself. I think that's only like 50 lbs maybe at best if not lower.
>>
>>41333356
There's no perfect ratio for bench to squat. In the IPF classic division the ratio is usually about 2/3 of squat, but it varies by person because of anatomy etc.

Check your form, arch, etc. for improvements, but maybe you're just not built for benching? Also the average curlbrah spends a lot more time on bench than on a balanced program so there's that.

Also, a lot of people need more frequency for bench, so check out programs that have you bench 3x or even 4x a week.
>>
Is it bad if all I could lift my first day of strength training was

40-50 lbs on deadlift

25 lbs on dumbbell bent over row

35 lbs on barbell military press

30 lbs on dumbbell bench press

I'm pretty new to weight lifting, also I have never really trained my muscles or anything so I wasn't expecting to pull big numbers anyway.
>>
As a beginner newbie for lifting weights is it better to deadlift or bench press? I feel like deadlifting is a bit more advanced, I'd personally rather do bench pressing instead. I guess I could do both, but could I replace deadlifting with bench pressing instead?
>>
>>41333536
nah those numbers are fine, and your numbers just starting off should be worthless to you unless it's for figuring out weight to lift when you get into a program (if you're not already in one), also fitness and strength isn't founded on weightlifting, if you've done much athletic, no competitive sports, etc, then incorporate running and flexibility work (stretching, light yoga maybe) to build a better frame for your body
>>41333546
you can't replace one for the other because benching and deadlifting work entirely different muscle groups

also, it's normal for most people to love benching more than leg/core/back work. i think there're some studies somewhere that say benching releases testosterone more than squatting or something like that. As a beginner, the big, compound lifts where you work a lot of muscles at the same time are your best bet, and the deadlift is the king of that

your priority lifts should be:

deadlifts
squats/front squats
weighted pull-ups/lat pulldowns/rows/anything that works your entire back
bench press (also incline bench press)
military press (maybe with dumbbells so as not to restrict your range of motion)

ignore stuff like curls and calf raises
>>
>>41333513
I think my form is fine but I haven't thought about it for a while, I'll record myself and see
And that's what I'm thinking of: changing my routine to incorporate benching 3x/4x a week
>>
>>41333509
OK that IS a beginner plan and a decent one. That setup, doing deadlift first on a day where no squatting is done, is one of the few situations where a 5x5 makes sense on a deadlift (a lot of plans deadlift after squatting and 5x5 would be too much deadlift for sure in that case).

Alternating two workouts on 3x a week is very common in beginner plans.

Everyone (well, almost) is pretty weak when they start. The standard bar in the US is 45lbs plus maybe 1lb total for the little spring collars so 15lbs on each side makes 75lbs so maybe you're stronger than you thought!
>>
File: 1489280251522.jpg (685KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1489280251522.jpg
685KB, 2048x1536px
my legs shake when I get to relatively heavier sets of barbell/pendlay rows

I've tried varying my stance, grip width and a few other things

what do?
>>
>>41332312
Should I eat at maintenance?
>>
>>41333615
I feel retarded when doing deadlifts, like everyone is staring at me. Same for squats, like I just feel embarrassed because I feel like my posture is wrong. Also I feel gay doing squats because I'm sticking my butt out and it feels weird.
>>
>>41333995
>yeah everyone feels retarded and like everyone's watching them, but anyone who's might actually judge you is worthless, the real lifters are minding their own business. just check your form often, maybe use a lifting belt to force your posture correct for a while
>>
I've got my mom onto the path of eating healthier with me, but she refuses to flat out give up bread. She said she's willing to adjust though. What's the healthiest bread you can eat for weight loss/cutting?
>>
>>41334615
Make her track her calories and calculate the Tdee.
Why would you care if shes eating bread when it fits in her calories.
You/she also could bake the bread, its not that hard and more healthy
>>
>>41325949
Im guessing your dling with mixed grip?
>>
File: 1465787307272.jpg (75KB, 329x364px) Image search: [Google]
1465787307272.jpg
75KB, 329x364px
I haven't been able to lose fat in my belly and sides, what kind of exercises can I do to lose said fat?

>I have never been fat nor is that much, but after a year or so at the gym I haven lost that extra fat everywhere except there and only I feel weird about it
>13% bfi btw
>>
I've been at a 3000 calorie deficit this week with like 20 mins of cardio everyday.
I lost 1.5 kg
Is this just water weight or am I counting my calories wrong.
Not complaining either way but curious.
>>
>>41329431
pls respond
>>
Never done HIIT. Have access to 100m track. Can anyone recommend any running pattern?
>>
>>41325094
Do I still need to do face pulls and shrugs if I start doing snatch grip deadlifts?
Should I do RDLs and snatch grip deadlifts or just romanian snatch grip deadlifts?
>>
>>41328692
rowing will be insane workout. I wish I had the opportunity to join a rowing team even if only for practice. do rowing then pick up powerlifting afterwards. the stamina and back/leg strength you get from rowing will be worth it in the long run.
>>
>>41335535
eat less and/or do more cardio.

>>41336113
>Do I still need to do face pulls
yes

>and shrugs
no

>Should I do RDLs and snatch grip deadlifts or just romanian snatch grip deadlifts?
doesn't matter, either is fine.
>>
>>41335729
yeah, it's fine.

>>41335623
track weight for a few more weeks to see a trend.
one week isn't enough.

>>41333749
do RDLs or SLDLs to strengthen legs.
>>
File: 1493687696090.jpg (56KB, 638x638px) Image search: [Google]
1493687696090.jpg
56KB, 638x638px
>>41329070
large obliques will ruin v taper. you want your top to be wider than your stomach. so get bigger back, chest and especially shoulders.
>>41330061
whenever i get soreness that isnt doms i do light cardio to test out if its more severe or just stiffness. try light cardio, if pain intensifies than rest and even doctor, if pain subsides do easy light day of lifting and with 2-3 days back to normal.
>>41330558
drop to 3x5 and you can get 315 in 2-3 months.
>>41330906
probably not true. you will have reduced energy though so you will want to lift less anyway because you will easily fatigue. fatigue can cause injury if pushed too hard but the cut itself wont hurt you.
>>41331021
ask to work in.
>>41331094
eating messes up fasting...duh.
>>41331171
if you lift the bar you count the bar
>>41331590
loose skin can be dangerous eventually. painful is putting it mildly.
>>41332328
i like front squats for core, esp obliques. for lower back do deadlifts, and maybe rows.
>>41332460
doing as many reps as possible without causing permanent damage is always good. if you arent breaking anything, keep doing it.
>>41332620
your heart doenst process liquids, your kidneys and liver do. when you drink a lot of water your heart doesnt work harder.
>>41333749
stop skipping leg day.
>>41335535
thats the last fat to go mate. im in same situation, cant help much.
>>41335623
how are you at a 3000 deficit? is your tdee 4500? thats probably not accurate.
>>
>>41335730
nvm just came back. The 100m track was filled with kids so I went to other mini football field. If I were to guess it's length was 70-80 meters. I spited and walked back 10 times.
I didn't feel like I had intensive workout buy it was already really difficult to spring at last one. Did I do something wrong or it's supposed to be like that?
>>
>>41336333
Sprinted*, but*, sprint*. Maybe it was good because I can't even focus on writing
>>
>>41336329
I meant 3000 fewer calories in the whole week.
>>
>>41336358
oh my bad. you actually said it correctly the first time. if you havent done dieting recently its mostly water weight. when you take out carbs from your diet you will also drop down again as carbs absorb water. after both of those is when you have the true fat loss.
>>
i've recently started doing longer fasts such as 26 hours, etc during the week. on weekends when i increase my calorie intake, i find i can't eat as much as i used to. is their a scientific reason for this?
>>
>>41336382
yes
>>
I'm cutting and reached my daily macros but my family bought some delicious apples and holy fuck I just want some. They're big and joocy and I'd be going maybe 500 over maintenance. Worth it? Or should i stick to my macros?
>>
>>41336382
Yeah your stomach is getting used to less food. Kind of like when you first started fasting, eating all your food at once seemed extremely filling, and now it's easy.
>>
>>41336586
worth it. apples are a healthy, you arent going over macros with cake. plus apples (fruit) have fiber so should go right thru u
>>
>>41336586
Just eat one?
>>
File: 1489627484335.jpg (124KB, 1536x1246px) Image search: [Google]
1489627484335.jpg
124KB, 1536x1246px
How important is timing on protein intake? If I eat 70 grams o a sitting and another 35 six hours later, am I losing some of this protein or what?
>>
I'm doing this, should I add any more accessories or is that gonna start to mess with my recovery? my tris and delts are super weak so I was wanting to add some more tricep extensions and face pulls
>>
>>41336688
Depends on how gay your father is.
>>
>>41336688
not really important. but boy do those thighs looks yummy.
>>
Why do I feel like yawning every time I finish warming up or whenever I finish a set? It's fucking annoying. How can Is stop this?
>>
I fucked up my back a bit by doing deadlifts with a curve in my back, and then even more by doing barbell rows with a curved back also.
My lower back is slightly tender and although not very painful, it just feels a bit dodgy. How long should I take off the gym before its safe to do back inclusive exercises (with proper form this time obviously)
>>
File: delts.gif (47KB, 384x185px) Image search: [Google]
delts.gif
47KB, 384x185px
Do you think it's possible to get this much delts on my dyel unfortunate genetics body? I feel like they're the muscles I should be focusing on the most.
What would you recommend? I've been doing OHP but I think I should do something more.
>>
>>41337059
I'm a bit of a dyel, so take this with a grain of salt, but maybe just focus on putting on mass in general and filling out a bit first, then focus on them if they're still too small.
>>
File: arnold-pendlay-rows.jpg (14KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
arnold-pendlay-rows.jpg
14KB, 600x330px
I hate doing pendlay rows. Is there a better way?
>>
if i'm resting two days in a row, is there any benefit to eating at a surplus the second day or should i just maintain?
>>
MY GYM CLOSED EARLY AGAIN AND I MISSED MY GYM DAY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Is it ok to skip one rest day and work out two days in a row to make up for my lost gains on a beginner strenght routine? This shit really bothers me
>>
Is it ok to change to a 2 times a week routine, provided I can do fullbody in both?
>>
>>41337436
Will one day matter in the long run? No
Your biggest problem as a beginner is if you exhaust yourself or go too hard and cause some kind of injury/ don't let yourself recover. Especially on a strength routine. Bro I've taken a week off a strength routine and come back just as strong if not stronger. Relax and take your time, its a marathon not a race.
>>
Currently doing Stronglifts routine, am I going to lose gains if I add cardio twice per week on rest days?
>>
>>41337558
no, but keep the cardio low intensity on the rest days or it'll fuck up your lifting days.
>>
>>41337586
Thanks mate
>>
>>41325094
With pullups and chinups I can get the bar down to my lips, but really struggle on the last few inches to get my chin over. What's weak and how can I assist?
>>
>>41327287
Yes and no. It's not too much bend, but it certainly is too much bend for this weight.
Your lats, glutes and abs are visibly relaxed, when they shouldn't be.
Yes you can get away with half-assing core tension on low weight OHP compared to squat and deads, doesn't mean you should.
Take a big breath, push your belly out with it, and pull on it with your abs.
Use your glutes to avoid leaning too far back.
Tighten your lats to settle the scapula on your ribcage.
Have your shoulders internally rotated at the start of the lift (elbows nice and "forward"), then as you clear the sticking point, externally rotate (elbows to the sides) for dat dere lockout.
>>
>>41337603
end range or whatever, do negatives.
>>
is it okay to do push ups/sit ups every day in addition to a 5 day dumb bell split
>>
My pre workout tastes vile. Short of dumping some sugar or sweetener in it to calm down the salty bitterness, would mixing a caffeine free pre in with it help? Or should I just alternate between the two to get through it?
>>
File: 1484116617364.jpg (678KB, 2071x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1484116617364.jpg
678KB, 2071x3000px
>>41325094
How does your routine change when you are on a cut?
It just seems pointless to me to lift heavy since I'm not going to build muscle anyways.
>>
Can I do a variation of rows every workout?

I've had some lingering shoulder pain, and that Brian Alusaad or however you spell it highly recommends it (even though he's a huge roider). Plus I want a huge back.

I was thinking bb rows on push day. T bar rows on push day. And last time I was doing bb rows/close grip bench at a lower weight (2plates) on legs. Then 70 pound chins and dips.

Is that really going to fuck with anything?
>>
>>41336814
just yawn dude.
>>41336994
go to doctor to make sure its not bulged or herniated. if not then until it isnt sore anymore, 3-5 days.
>>41337059
OHP wont give you delts like that. OHP works the front delt, want you posted is more the lateral delt. do lateral raises every day after curls. 3x10 at a weight where you can do good form.
>>41337084
maintain.
>>41337507
yea
>>41337558
cardio will only tire you, it wont eat your muscles. less energy means less lifting but you wont lose gains just not acquire as much as you can in a session.
>>41337661
yea
>>41337762
mix it with milk, milk can mask some of the nastiness.
>>41338371
do as many different rows as you want, just make sure back fatigue wont mess with your squats.
>>41338249
doesnt change but rather drops in weight. you can still gain muscle on a cut just not as much.
>>
>>41338249
bayesianbodybuilding.com/gain-muscle-and-lose-fat-at-the-same-time/
>>
>>41325094
I did a big back work out yesterday but today I fucked up and ate loads of pasta and feel shit about it.

I'm going to run 12k tomorrow but will it kill my gains today if I do 20 min sprinting session today as well?
>>
>>41338371
doesn't really matter, just make sure you're progressing.
>>
HOw do I actually get rid of my tummy fat? I have a disproportionate amount.
>>
>>41338249
>It just seems pointless to me to lift heavy since I'm not going to build muscle anyways.
Yeah but you need to maintain that muscle so you need to keep lifting as heavy as you safely can.
>>
>>41338540
ofcourse not.
go sprint.

>>41338695
eat less, move more.
>>
I started lifting recently, and I ran into a problem with my squat form. It appears that I have a lack of mobility in my ankles/legs due to flexibility reasons. I've started doing third-world squat progressions to work on it, but till then, should I continue to do squats with bad form or use a machine to work my legs?
>>
>>41339344
Go as low as you can without arching your back
>>
>>41339398
or rounding.

just keep your back straight.
>>
>>41338851
thanks, just got back, feel great
>>
>>41325094
Is it normal to have bruised shins and top of knee after deadlifting?
>>
>>41339718
yes, but you should avoid it.

don't drag bar hard into shins on the way up, just keep bar close.

put the bar down by hinging at the hips, let it drop the last few inches.
>>
File: ree.jpg (66KB, 646x438px) Image search: [Google]
ree.jpg
66KB, 646x438px
This part of my bicep hurts like crazy when I try to bench/move my arm in a certain way. It normally lasts for a few weeks then leaves for a month and comes back. Really annoying. What is it and how 2 avoid?
>>
Started lifting and doing cardio 4 months ago. Was over 102kg, now 91. Pretty much eating in deficit ever day. My lifts were pathetic at the start but progressed petty fast but for the last 2 weeks I've been stuck on almost all lifts.
OHP 45kg
Bench 70kg
DL 110kg
I understand that you need to eat good and overmaintenance , or latest not in deficit, to gain strength.
What I want to know if I hit the limit on my "noob gains" and if it's normal to not progress at those stats in my situation.
I'm going to continue like this until I get look somewhat aesthetic fat ratio wise, so like 10kg more. Is there anything other I should be doing or just stop progressing weights while I continue to lose fat?
>>
File: borkbork.jpg (13KB, 408x439px) Image search: [Google]
borkbork.jpg
13KB, 408x439px
Hey /fit/ i started going to the gym 7 months ago and like 2 months ago i noticed when i shrug that i get tingling in my ring finger and pinkie. The problem is this doesn't happen in the morning after i wake up, it usually takes 4 or 5 hours to set in. Also i don't get it when lifting but rather in the rest days. What do i have? Except autism.
>>
Can anyone help me determine upper budy push/pull ratio of this workout?
Also, can anyone share a workout with pull and push exercise ratio of 2 to 1 or more?
>>
lost 70 lbs in 3 months
What now?
>>
>>41339896
Bicep tendonitis, google that shit
>>
I'm scared to start going to the gym and lifting, and I don't know even why.

If I was just going in to use machines, I wouldn't care, but since machines are shit and I should be doing SS,
I'm scared to go to the gym to do barbell exercises.
It just spooks me.

Should I even start lifting now?
I started losing weight since november 2016, simply being at a calorie deficit, lost almost 9kg
I did bodyweight workout a bit but didnt really keep the habit up

I just don't fucking know what to do
>>
>>41340371

lean bulk
>>
>>41340670
>Should I even start lifting now?
no

>I just don't fucking know what to do
>>>/r9k/
bye
>>
Let's say you go out in family and eat too much

is it fine to compensate on the next day by eating almost no food(but maintaining a high protein intake) ?

I've got my quark and tuna cans ready for tomorrow
>>
How do you know if you're crashing your metabolism? I've been eating around 1200-1350 calories a day + heavy cardio every other day, and while I'm seeing pretty great results I'm starting to worry that I might be accidentally fucking myself over long term.
>>
>>41340685
how
>>
Doing Lyle Mcdonalds generic bulk routine with the highest amount of volume the program allows for and was wondering if it would be too much too add a few more exercises to upper body? Was wanting to add weighted pull-ups, flies and another bicep and tricep exercise. Is this a good idea?
>>
File: tennis-elbow-picture.jpg (19KB, 458x235px) Image search: [Google]
tennis-elbow-picture.jpg
19KB, 458x235px
I'm getting elbow pain. My doc says it's tendonitis. I took 1.5 weeks off, but it continued to hurt throughout the rest period.

The pain isn't very bad, it doesn't feel injured, more like flirting with injury. I've had 2 unrelated injuries before, so I can kinda recognize it. It doesn't stop me at all from working out, but I want to be proactive and take care of it. What do I do?

Pic kinda related, the pain is more on the bottom/back.
>>
>>41328890
grow to 6'3 while going to the gym like twice a week and youll be at 12% in 2 months

kek
>>
>6' 6"
>used to be 300 lbs
>dropped down to 185 after shittons of cardio and eating 1 meal a day
>have the weirdest body ever of looking like a starving african with a flabby belly

>friend I know is ~6' 3"
>weighs 187 lbs
>is a literal skeleton

What do I do at this point? Keep not eating and hope I lose the rest of this shit or should I start bulking? I mean it feels like I still have love handles but I can also easily see my ribs... how low weight is too low?
>>
File: out.jpg (35KB, 394x673px) Image search: [Google]
out.jpg
35KB, 394x673px
>>41340985
you can heal tendons by doing slow eccentric exercises for them.

use a wrist roller (top) or theraband flexbar (bottom).
reverse grip curls and neutral grip curls can help too.
>>
>>41340730
Thanks
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 505x122px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 505x122px
Is this a good workout if I added face pulls and lateral raises and switched between regular and incline bench press?
>>
File: Snapchat-348735346.jpg (449KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-348735346.jpg
449KB, 1080x1920px
Do I have narrow shoulders?

I'm 6'3" and since I started losing weight I feel self-conscious about my shoulders.

Which lifts specifically can help my shoulders look broader?

>still losing weight, I know I'm fat
>>
>>41341245
Nah you're good especially if you lose more weight. Do pullups and rows.
>>
>>41341245
no but you have autism
>>
>>41341048
Holy shit, bro. 6'6" 185 is like no bf%. It's probably just loose skin.

You should try bulking with intermittent fasting. Friend of mine managed to reduce a lot of flabby skin this way.

You'll have to eat a lot for your meals though.
>>
>>41341167
seriously though, either stop being a pussy and just go do whatever you wanna do in the gym.
or continue being a pussy and whine on >>>/r9k/ all day long.
reddit is a good alternative for whining too.
>>
>>41341278
I know :(

No lifts will fix that
>>
File: boc.png (2MB, 864x1527px) Image search: [Google]
boc.png
2MB, 864x1527px
How much should i cut if i'm 6'2", 190lbs, maybe 18-19% bodyfat? If I keep bulking I will gain too much bodyfat (I've been bulking too fast)

inb4 i am small, i know
>>
File: IMG_4093.jpg (196KB, 1812x1363px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4093.jpg
196KB, 1812x1363px
How do I get a shitty result on a testosterone test? I have a lot of acne and body hair, make gainz easy too but I need to make it seem like I'm low test
>>
>>41341321
I'd cut down on fat at a 500 deficit until I was lean and then I would lean bulk(200-300 surplus)

better to start on a empty painting than try to fix it and end up with it fucked anyways
>>
>>41341056
But my forearms are already strong as fuark.
>>
>>41341285
>bulking with intermittent fasting
Do you mean like eating a lot in one sitting and then nothing for 24 hrs or something?
>>
>>41341321
You're not 190 tubby maybe 200.
>>
>>41340739
yes
>>
>>41337073
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pendlay+row+alternative
>>
>>41337073
>not switching up angles each time you row

never gonna make it
>>
>>41341297
I dont know, maybe someone in /fit/ had a similar experiance, I dont need to waste time on whining
>>
>>41341536
i have a scale. good try
>>
>>41341476
>tendons

also stretch forearm muscles (both ways).

>>41341637
ofcourse someone's had a similar experience, nobody's unique.
the solution is to just go do it.
>>
>>41325094
is it too late to start cutting for summer? i have about 15 pounds to drop
>>
Ever since getting fit, I have gained the confidence needed to maintain eye contact and carry on casual/flirty conversations with average to decent-looking girls. But I can't do the same with hot ones, I end up doing this thing where I keep my eyes at their eye level and periodically scan the space behind them. I also sometimes just blank on sentences.

How do I apply the social skills I have with average women to attractive ones?
>>
>>41340670
wtf are you scared of getting eaten by the barbell?
>>
Are squats enough for male butt gains?
>>
>>41342198
barbell hip thrusts, 3x8 go heavy on them
do barbell glute bridges too if you want even more ass gains

source: worked on my ex, also check a guy named bret contreras or wtv hes called
>>
File: 1493747429421.jpg (43KB, 768x384px) Image search: [Google]
1493747429421.jpg
43KB, 768x384px
Is there any benefit to having your legs point straight out when doing hanging leg raises?
>>
My ears and temple hurt like shit after a session of running. How to avoid it?
>>
>>41342523
no benefit, just cramps.
>>
>>41340188
I get it from deadlifts, prob just CNS responding and being weak.
>>41340371
>>41340685
>>41340873
wrong. lose more, you have love handles still.
>>41341410
cut off your balls and wait a few weeks, test will drop like a rock in water.
>>41341971
pretend you arent attacted to them.
>>
>>41327876
Fuck mate, just have a wank and save 150. You're only contemplating it because you've gone a month without cumming.
>>
How does one do barbell hip thrusts without hurting your dick/pelvis area? Like I just cant do them without my pelvis feeling like its being crushed.
>>
>>41340670
Gonna guess you're scared of fucking up in the weight room and looking like a sperg.

If so, see if there's a trainer at the gym that can do sessions for you on free weights only. If you can find one, having them direct your sessions should alleviate the paranoia about 'lol look at that sperg doing it wrong'.

Or if it's not that then IDK, good luck.
>>
>>41340739
Yeah but averages over time are all that really matters. You can also just run a minor deficit over a few subsequent days rather than crashing down on just the one day afterwards.
>>
What's your schedule like /fit/? I've been having trouble finding time to exercise lately and need some help figuring out how to balance lifting in with everything else
>>
When I deadlift, I do one, drop it, rest 30 secs, do it again, and repeat until I've got 5 reps... I pull 395 lbs and I'm seeing improvement, do I really need to do touch and go?
>>
im 6ft and 165lbs, if i do 45mins cardio everyday does 2000caloires maintenance sound about right? my goal is ottermode
>>
>>41343093
get a yoga mat and fold it and place under the barbell.
>>
Is it really okay to just sit around like a fatass playing video games once I've done my lifts for the day? Doesn't feel right that I can just commit an hour or so a day, eat a lot of food and sit around on my ass and actually look better because of it.
>>
How do I know which bar is which? I know some bars are for women and some are for men. Some bars are for deadlifts some are for squats. They aren't marked.
>>
>start working out
>2 weeks later scratch chest
>notice pecs feel "loose" and rubbery
>walk down steps at rapid pace
>can feel pecs bouncing around
is this normal? it feels really strange. i've stopped working out (except running).
>>
File: IMG_2457.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2457.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Help /fit I need guideance
6' ish
150 pounds
I know Im skinny. I just want sizeable arms, pecs and abs although atm I have none my lifts are trash can only bench and deadlift cause of environment. What do I do /fit / am I screwed. I fell off my routine cause I started to get super depressed and sick but I'm okay now and gonna lift tonight also any good body weight excoercuses I could do?
I guess I Just need some inspiration right now.
>>
>>41343913
>bodyweight
Just get some dumbbells and do curls, weighted crunches and sum press.

Or do it right and mix aesthetics and strength you aids riddled semen dollop.
>>
>>41325094
How can i measure my progress at the gym?

Is there any way to speed up my gains other than becoming a /cheatingfraud/? I have been working out for some time now, and even though I did notice my body change a bit in shape it does not feel like im making any progress when it comes to pulling more weight, im pretty much using the same weights I was using months ago and don't seem to be able to finish my reps if I try increasing weight.
>>
>>41344004
I can't tell if your joking on the last part or not Im just so lost it would help if you gave examples
>>
>>41343913
Daam, you look just like I did when I started out, and weight little more than I did.

I now weight 181 pounds and am starting to get visible chest muscles, back muscles and arms, no luck with abs though.

I guess all I can say is that it works, just keep doing exercises at least 3 times a week and shove food down your throat like a fatass would.

No, seriously, I bet your problem is the same as mine: lack of appetite. You simply need to shove food down despite not being hungry, it will make you grow. Prioritize proteins but do eat a shitload of carbs along since you need to increase your calories intake.
>>
>>41344054
>>41344054
Yeah I don't have a very big appetite so maybe your right. Also I'm getting back on the routine after fucking myself over but oh well. I was really hoping abs would be the first thing to come because that's all you need to impress Normies but eh thanks for the advice
>>
File: 1493361825371.jpg (122KB, 600x491px) Image search: [Google]
1493361825371.jpg
122KB, 600x491px
Are good mornings a legit exercise to help in strengthening lower back?

>inb4 do deadlifts; I already do
>>
>>41344109
>I was really hoping abs would be the first thing to come because that's all you need to impress Normies
There is a reason why abs impress normies: they are hard to get.

Basically you need to work out your abs really hard, and then starve yourself cutting to decrease your total body fat enough for your muscle definition to start showing.

Overall, just focus on strength building, your body will grow in size as you grow in strength, after that you can worry about getting those dank defined abs that girls love so much.
>>
>>41344150
no they are for hamstrings. maybe try t-bar row.
>>
>>41344165
Okay will do but do you think I'll be able to actually progress only being able to do 2 different lifts (bench and deadlift) I have 2 20 pound dumbells but no idea what to do with them
>>
>>41344027
You want this shit spoonfed? Fine.

Go to Papa Scoooby's website, navigate to his Beginner's workout, do that for 3 months on a bulk while reading up on weightlifting and comparing different programs, then decide if you want to go for aesthetics, strength, or both.

Or, before you do any of that, develop the minimal amount of knowledge in the subject you are asking about before deciding on a workout program that will get you where you want to go.

Is your dad dead? If not, try not to imagine him beating his meat while watching a freight train from big black africa getting run on your perpetually disappointed mother while you work to better yourself.
>>
>>41344199
>Okay will do but do you think I'll be able to actually progress only being able to do 2 different lifts (bench and deadlift)
I have no idea, I guess?

You could progress doing bodyweight exercises only, so I don't see why this would be a problem, just do your exercises and eat a lot.
>>
i think i need pre workout to have more effective workouts
i've been super lazy in the gym, cutting out exercizes, leaving early, etc.

I have used some in the past, C4 i think, but i didn't notice anything
Is there a brand of pre thats known for giving the most energy?
>>
>>41344999
>Is there a brand of pre thats known for giving the most energy?
A couple of lines of cocaine right before your workout will give you unhuman levels of energy, but it is not exactly healthy to your heart.
>>
>>41344020
You can measure progress in a few ways, weight on the bar, body weight, body fat %, tape measure, the mirror. Set goals research how to program and diet for whatever your goals are then do the work.
>>
>>41333171
Are you trying to lose or maintain weight? Go light. Otherwise, moderate.
>>
>>41333171
But it definitely looks like moderate. You'll have to track your progress anyways and adjust after you figure out how accurate your tdee is anyways
>>
>>41333455
>>41333490
Yeah, 5x5 deadlier does seem overly aggressive. What program are you doing?
>>
>>41341511
Most common I see is eat for 8, fast for 16. When I cut, I really enjoy a smaller window of 2-4 hours.
>>
>>41337073
seated cable rows
>>
File: FB_IMG_1494065488898.jpg (31KB, 606x442px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1494065488898.jpg
31KB, 606x442px
Any anons have experience where they fart a lot more since taking up 1gram of protein/lb of weight?
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.