[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/owg/ Olympic Weightlifting General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 23

File: me.png (38KB, 665x580px) Image search: [Google]
me.png
38KB, 665x580px
Make /owg/ great again

Everyday until you like it

We discord now

https://discord.gg/JJzMJ
>>
>>41159343
what happened to these?
>>
>>41161205
who knows
>>
>>41161235
seriously though, the /owg/ normally had good links in it and I have some questions dammit
>>
File: pepe91.jpg (5KB, 249x225px) Image search: [Google]
pepe91.jpg
5KB, 249x225px
>>41161248
>how may I be of service to you
>>
Oly lifts are so much fucking fun.

I have a lot of trouble with my left shoulder and being mobile enough to receive a snatch. Right now only training cleans and presses but ideally want to move to a full routine.
>>
>coach has me maxout snatch, clean and jerk, backsquat, press and front squat in a period of 5 days

I get that he wanted to test our strength maxes after our strength cycle was over and before we got into the next one but jesus man this week was rough
>>
>>41159343
Could I get a refresh? The link's expired.
>>
>>41161324
I'm the only one here thusfar but

https://discord.gg/RTd39
>>
File: 1491266367590.jpg (433KB, 778x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491266367590.jpg
433KB, 778x1080px
/owg/ needs to come back to life.
>>
>>41161484
join the discord then
>>
>>41161493
>discord has two members

gj
>>
>>41161516
post it places and it'll get more people, I assume
>>
bumping with webms
>>
File: pyrros dimas sydney snatch.webm (1MB, 733x550px) Image search: [Google]
pyrros dimas sydney snatch.webm
1MB, 733x550px
I've been trying to learn how to snatch for like well over a year now and I still can't do over 65kgs with a max squat of 150 and front squat of 138. What the fuck is wrong?
>>
>>41162173

You t b h
>>
WR Snatch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-h2RuKp8mY#t=5m45s
>>
>>41162173
Maybe you're not explosive. Squats dont necessarily translate to a clean or a snatch.

Also snatch is hard.
>>
>>41162173
How's your OHP? Your Jerk?
>>
I'm considering joining a gym that does olympic style weightlifting and powerlifting.

My only experience is trying out 5x5 with dumbbells at my apartment's gym, could someone explain to me what a normal day in an olympic style weightlifting gym is?

Are you actively coached, or are you supposed to do your sets on your own, and sometimes they'll come to you to give you pointers?

I don't know how this works, but I'm interested.
>>
>>41162777
>could someone explain to me what a normal day in an olympic style weightlifting gym is?
It depends how long you have been lifting / how good you are..

At the beginning coaching is more active. Now that i have been lifting 9 months, coach pretty much points out few things every now and then, and then i focus on them myself.

I don't think there is a "normal day" since this is a very tech related sport. Programming really depends on lots of things.
>>
Do you guys see a real life benefit of OW that PL, strength training or regular gymming doesn't give in terms of health/confidence/functional strength etc.?
>>
>>41163046

Absolutely none.
Plus it takes longer to get good at.

strength training and calisthenics are the only things people should be doing, olympic weightlifting does literally nothing except make you better at the olympic lifts and make you slightly better at jumps.
>>
>>41163121
Fug
>>
>>41163046
i can call powerlifters fat retards
>>
>>41163046
In my opinion weightlifting is a lot better cause it contains the entire package, including strength, speed and mobility. Combined I think weightlifting makes a better athlete that in turn functions better all round.
As regards health you should do cardio. A balance between the two is what I do (I also play sports)
>>
>>41163147
I'm convinced
>>41163171
Yeah that's what I thought too, thanks
>>
The discord invite doesn't work
>>
>>41163280
new invite?
>>
What lifting shoes do I get? As of now I lift in stan smiths, but I feel like it is time to move on to a lifting shoe. I'm considering Adipowers and Leistung 2s, but I don't know if the extra heel height of the Leistungs would benefit me or if I'm better of with the smaller heel, which is more similar to what I have used for 2 years now.
>>
what are some good cues for the second pull? I keep fucking up the momentum generation and can muscle clean more kek
>>
>>41163752
isn't the third pull your problem then?
>>
>>41163752
Post video or better yet get a coach. Be conscious of that the power comes from your hips shooting forward.
>>
>>41159343
Thank god this came back
I'm very interested in oly lifts these days, maybe making it into a hobby, so it's nice to have a general about it
>>
>>41163959
Same here, I recently got into oly lifting and like 3 months later the owg threads come up no more than once a week and die with few posts
>>
>>41163752
pulling as hard as you can with the traps and holding on for just that little bit longer

finishing the pull is huge and it's so easy to cut it short
>>
>>41164023
>tfw oly lifting is not known at all in your country so it's impossible to get a coach if you don't live in the biggest city of the entire country
feels bad man
>>
>>41164313
what cunt?
>>
>>41164323
Brazil
In fact, fitness here is just one big meme. People rarely use barbells here, unless it's crossfit.
>>
>>41164338
desu the whole country seems like a one big meme
captcha: atencão desvio à 500m
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAA.gif (2MB, 200x153px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAA.gif
2MB, 200x153px
>>41164485
>desu the whole country seems like a one big meme
IT IS AND I WANT OUT
>>
>>41164511
get out
>>
>>41164517
Planning on doing the usmle. If everything works out I'll be doing my residency in the US. pray for me anon
>>
>>41164338
which state youre from? im from curitiba parana here, want to start oly lifting and found a "class" with a guy that won my state's weightlifting competition and has trained people fromother cunts in south america, the price is the same as most normie gyms
>>
>>41163046
>Real life benefit
This fucking meme needs to die.. My real life benefit is the ability to do well in competitions and improve in the sport

>>>41163121
I disagree, you don't really get to develope speed in PL or calisthenics.

I have also noticed one interesting thing. When i did PL and bodybuilding, i never really cared about sports. When my friends asked me to come mountain biking or something like that, i was just scared of losing gains. Now i only care about becoming a better athlete - i don't feel like losing gains when doing other activities (mountain biking, rock climbing, swimming etc.). Instead i feel like i'm getting all-around better as an athlete.
>>
>>41163771
>Be conscious of that the power comes from your hips shooting forward.
I'm not sure how you meant this, but it's a bad cue for a beginner. Hips never go just forward, they go forward and up. If you just bang your hips forward, you will kick the bar away.
>>
File: 1487045202612.jpg (35KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1487045202612.jpg
35KB, 640x640px
as a powerfatlifter can i jump into weightlifting without massive deload or time gap. This only real flexibility issue i have is in the snatch catch position so could i just go straight into a program? also have tried so i be know most of the form
>>
>>41165255
i agree. i want to start oly lifts and it seems much more like an actual sport, unlike SS, which is starting to seem pointless, except for preparing me to do oly lifts (pointless in my view, for my objectives, its a good program)
>>
>>41165048
Right now I'm in Bahia, but will soon move to São Paulo. Tried to find gyms there through the federation but the site's completely half assed. Maybe I'll try and train with the powerlifting meet from the city I'll live in, I dunno.
>>
>>41166022
I'm doing SS right now as well, putting some oly lifts in my program now and then just to start getting the hang of it. When should I progress from SS to an actual oly program? Where can I even find a good oly program?
>>
>>41162294
Snatch is very easy once you get the technique down
>>
>>41163121

Strength training and olympic weightlifting have huge overlaps though, especially if you go the Chinese route which basically makes you a bodybuilder as well
>>
File: pic3.jpg (13KB, 210x275px) Image search: [Google]
pic3.jpg
13KB, 210x275px
>>41163121
Tell that to this guy
>>
>>41165321
>without massive deload or time gap
what does this even mean? you'll be training different movements so I don't know what you mean by deload

yes you can jump into wl
>>
>>41166119
yeah
but learning the technique is hard
which makes learning snatch hard
>>
>>41166130
is there a link or name to this chinese route?

>>41166112
don't know when breh.
i guess you could go full oly lifts once you your oly lifts start to get limited by weight..if you already do strenght training and progress slowly and with good form on weightlifting, it will take you a while for oly lifts to get heavy (i think when your overhead lifts weight starts to get close to your OHP weight)
>t. Not any kind of authority on the matter, just another guy's opinion

you can find several oly weightlifting programs, some especially for beginners
>>
What shoes do you guys wear? Pic related, I got some adipowers for $80 on ebay and love them
>>
>>41166334
pp2s
>>
so does anyone have an invite code that works?
>>
>>41166311
Not if you practice technique with the bar for 1hr 3 days a week or so
>>
>>41166743
kek
>>
Please help /OWG/ need advice... is this a stupid program if my only goals are to get stronger/ improve C&J

Workout A:
Backsquat - 6 x5 - increase weight with each set till set 3 and 4 where i'm just under my 1RM, set 5/6 same weight as set 2/1 respectively. sort of like a pyramid

C&J: 1-2 reps at a lighter weight while incrementally ramping up to my 1RM

Workout B/C are the same as A but replace backsquat with deadlift and OHP

I also do cardio every workout. Been stalling at 90kg C&J for so long....i weigh 39kg. Just want to end this miserable plateau
>>
>>41166940
if you want to increase cj you start with cj
>>
>>41166774
better use of your time than sitting on 4chan asking people why you don't have a gf or aren't getting any gains in the gym
>>
>>41166334

http://www.moskashoes.com/buty.html
>>
>>41166940

Yes, it is a stupid workout.
>>
>>41166994
I've seen those before, are they any good?
>>
>>41167048

They are 'beginner' shoes, but they are very well made and will last you forever. If you have flat feet they are great, as they have a wedge rather than the heel cup that is so popular now. And they're only ~$70, before shipping. The only drawback is the style, but I am personally quite taken with the campy aesthetic.
>>
File: 1491592568197.gif (747KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1491592568197.gif
747KB, 160x160px
>>
>>41166326

The Chinese route I was referring to just refers to them including bodybuilding in their routine, mostly for injury prevention but hey if you get to do fun lifts and look good doing them why not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VO4_yWP3k4

They honestly do just a ton of different stuff, here's a good article on Chinese weightlifting techniques

http://www.allthingsgym.com/larrys-chinese-weightlifting-experience-part-1-snatches-squats/
>>
>>41166112
Start whenever you want. If you're actually doing SS by the book and not by some meme internet bullshit, then start when you finish the SS program properly
Catalyst Athletics
Dan John's website
wlforums dot com has the LSUS program in a thread
Practical Programming has hybrid Olympic and "Nebraska Model" which is heavy on OL in the intermediate training section
run BFS and make the friday lifts Snatch and Jerk, then spend technique time on tu/th with the bar instead of doing plyos and conditioning
that's only a few ideas
>>
>>41167437
not him but the information is appreciated

>>41167406
thanks for the vid. and downloaded yesterday a book recommended by an anon yesterday, tommy kono's 'weightlifting, olympic style', I think it kind of mixes bodybuilding, after all the guy was a succesful bodybuilder and oly weightlifter
>>
File: baby gorilla.jpg (20KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
baby gorilla.jpg
20KB, 236x354px
Can someone post a new link to the discord
>>
>>41167437
Thanks. I was looking for something more like the chinese way of oly lifting, kind of a more "all-round" approach to it. Are any of those similar to that?
>>
>>41166994
13€ for a belt
Is it any good?
>>
>>41167768
http://functionalalexch.blogspot.com/2013/08/chinese-weightlifting-experience.html
http://www.allthingsgym.com/chinese-weightlifting-experience/
http://www.allthingsgym.com/chinese-youth-weightlifting-training-2/
https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20150504144536/http://pendlayforum.com/showthread.php?t=16252
These are my notes I took back at the time I first read it:
> Yatin Parasher visited several Chinese teams and provided some notes about their programs. Almost everything they do is individualized to the athlete; here is what all athletes have in common:
• The Chinese are big on restoratives, e.g. massage, BCAAs, icing, contrast baths, herbal tea, etc.
• Daily morning exercise, before breakfast, consists of jogging, plyometrics, calisthenics
• Squat sessions are separate from OL sessions, and alternate between Squat and Front Squat.
• Each OL session is one lift, lasts an hour, and is followed by 1-2 bodybuilding lifts at 5-8x10-15.
• C&J will have one session 90% or higher, one at 85-90%, the third (if done) would use variants.
• Snatch Sessions are almost always heavy and full, might have one Power Snatch session a week.
• Focus in Squat and OL is intensity, lots of back-off sets are always done, even 5x5 back-off Squat
• De-loads are 70-80% intensity and 90% volume, done every 3rd week (every 4th for women).
• Sunday is “off” but Thursday is spent playing another sport (swimming, soccer, or basketball)
• Less experienced athletes train differently; 3 sessions for beginners and 4-6 sessions for intermediates (6 sessions would make Monday a two-a-day); Thursday is still a “sport day.”
• Advice for trainees with full-time jobs: train six days, once a day, alternating Squat and OL.
>>
>>41168309
wow thanks, this is seriously very helpful
I love you /owg/ never go away
>>
PLEASE SOMEONE POST A NEW INVITE FOR THE DISCORD
>>
>>41168363
This
>>
Just a friendly reminder..

Beginners / people who look forward to starting oly lifting, READ THIS. First, get a coach. Like really, get a coach. This isn't powerlifting where you pick a neat looking program and have succes by just doing stuff and eating.

This is sport spesific training. Its easy to develope bad habits that are hard to get rid of. Its also easy to just fuck around the gym and not progress at all (or just in strength).

I don't even think that owg belongs to /fit/, because people who come from PL or BB don't understand how you train for a sport. They don't understand why you need to develope speed, elasticity etc.

Get a coach.. Even an online coach.
>>
>>41168399
or just go to weightlifting gym and ask people if they can point out your mistakes/give feedback
>>
NEEDS A NEW DISCORD INVITE
>>
>>41168940
This
Or was it a lie???
>>
>>41168984
I'll fucking make one myself for crying out loud. DAMN YOU I WANT TO TALK ABOUT JERKING AND SNATCHES
>>
>>41166360
this
>>41166334
nice deal on the adipowers
>>
>>41166940
>I weigh 39kg
WHAT THE FUCK HOLY SHIT YOURE GONNA DIE PLEASE EAT DUDE
>>
>>41162173
you are not dropping under fast enough or not explosive enough. You also may be losing momentum with wrong form.
>>
>>41163734
get adipowers. You don't need the Leistung 2s
>>
HOW THE FUCK CAN WE DISCUSS OLYMPIC LIFTING WITHOUT A FRESH DISCORD INVITE?
>>
File: IMG_0806.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0806.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>41159343
WHY THE FUCK CANT I OVERHEAD SQUAT I ALWAYS DROP THE WIGHT FORWARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>41169877
Tighten yourself when you do it. Be explosive, not just fast. Start slower then you are doing it and go progressively faster, explosiveness is just like any skill, you can't start from the top
>>
>>41162251
no shit

>>41162294
I don't have much of a problem with clean and jerks though, I've done 104kgs with a best front squat of 138kgs.

>>41169646
I always lose my snatches forward in the hole, it just seems to be a problem with dropping under.
>>
>>41167997

Dunno. I just use a velcro Harbinger. Works fine.
>>
>>41162521
OHP is garbage, I never really do them because it aggravates my lower back. I've push pressed about 82kgs and jerked 104kgs.
>>
>>41170065
Squeeze your glutes if it hurts your back retard
>>
File: luxiaojun.png (640KB, 784x388px) Image search: [Google]
luxiaojun.png
640KB, 784x388px
lemme bump this thread with a question:
which oly weightlifter, in your opinion, has the best shape?

will start with an obvious first
>lu xiaojun
>>
File: tiantao.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
tiantao.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>41171349
Lu is also relatively tall for a 77kg, he's the same height as Tian Tao @ 5'8".

>>41170065
>>41162173
If you can't even snatch 65kg and it's not strength it's pretty obvious your technique is shit. Where are you bottlenecking? Prior to the balance/OHS or during the catch?
>>
>>41167097
I'm in love.
Who is this girl?
>>
>>41170048

You should be able to CJ about 13 more kilos with that front front squat
>>
File: pepe3.jpg (67KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
pepe3.jpg
67KB, 709x765px
>>41171902
I can only clean and jerk 105 with a 155kg FS

whats wrong with me
>>
>>41171925

You don't listen to me when I tell you what you do re: your form.
>>
>>41171945
I knows its my form my coach is working on it with me, its more of a passive complain really, I just want to rant
>>
https://discord.gg/qDDnc6B

Cheeky new Discord with the lads. Please reply.
>>
>>41172823
(you)
>>
Anyone got any reading on biomechanical advantages of wider feet? I've seen some stuff saying that if you train without shoes it helps with power production when breaking from the floor on lifts because you can increase the contact area with the ground vs most lifting shoes.
>>
>>41161262
Well, frogman, I want you to tell me if I could benefit from adding frequency to my routine. Currently I lift m/w/f, generally going for a heavy single or double in snatch and clean and jerk, but sometimes substituted or paired with accessory work specific to those movements (hang snatches as an example), then I kind of do a low volume power lifting thing, modeled roughly off of SS, afterward. That in mind, here it is in a better format:

Monday
-Snatch and/or accessory, going for heavy double or single
-Clean and Jerk and/or accessory, going for heavy double or single
-Squat, 3x5, going for ramping to heavy quintuple (lol)
-Bench/OHP if not done for accessory work
-Row/Pull ups
-Core, calisthenics, aesthetics (forearms, calves, arms, etc, usually done sporadically like a flavor of the week)

Wednesday
-Oly lifts same as monday, but more likely to put more, or all, volume on accessory and form work
-Front squats, 3x5
-Bench/OHP if not done monday or in accessory work today
Deadlifts
-Core, calisthenics, aesethetics

Friday:
see monday

number one goal is bigger snatch and clean and jerk, number 2 currently is getting my powerlifts up, but once they're 225x5/315x5/405x5 I'll start focusing on hypertrophy instead. I'm getting back into lifting atm, so at minimum I wanna get my strength back up to where it was.
NOW, frogman, my question for you is, would I get more out lifting 5-6 days a week? Possibly with m/w/f including AM and PM sessions? I have access and feel it couldn't hurt, granted I don't kill myself and cycle intensity. Would it be time wasted, or would I get super buff? I think I respond well to very high frequency, so I think I'd put on more muscle this way.
>>
>>41162173
why can't you get it? can't get it above your ahead, or do you lose balance?
>>
>>41163046
posture, explosiveness, speed, stability

much more carry over than in bodybuilding or powerlifting for sure
>>
haven't trained clean/jerk/snatch before, new to weightlifting, should I just go ahead and add these movements to be routine and see how it goes? I feel like I've done everything I can to prepare for them (i.e youtube for form, info etc.)
>>
how much do you guys actually lift? need to know if I should listen to you guys, or if just LARPers
>>
>>41173329
have you been practicing form already? if not start with an empty barbell or broomstick, get your balance, referene your form to youtube again, then practice failing and dropping the weight properly, then AND ONLY then, start adding real weight.
>>
>>41171925
>I can only clean and jerk 105 with a 155kg FS
lol, what are you doing wrong? my low front squat is what holds me back on my clean and jerks. If I can stand up with it I can always get it. FS is only around 113 at absolute most though
>>
>>41173343
no, I was going to start with a barbell, and progress slowly. I'll take your advice, thanks.
>>
>>41166940
>i weigh 39kg

hold up
>>
>>41173385
Post your form on your first real day too, you don't wanna waste time building bad habits. Also don't underestimate the importance of learning to fail properly, because you will fail about 50x per week in oly, and you don't wanna be dropping a loaded bar going at 10m/s right onto your spine
>>
>>41173423
strong as fuark
>>
>>41163121
lmao, loser
>>
>>41166940
are you 11
>>
>>41173446
will do.
>>
any tips on finding a good coach with no weightlifting gyms around? there are a lot of crossfit gyms around and I really doubt them as there are people lifting 45kg with "perfect form already"
btw, my country weightlifting federation doesn't say nothing about this, I think
>>41164313
same senpai
>>
any good drills for 3rd pull for both cleans and snatches?
>>
>>41166334
antas
>>
>>41173714

Tall snatch/clean
Muscle snatch/clean into squat
No feet, no contact snatch/clean (similar to above)
https://youtu.be/GP1F7M_V7BE
https://youtu.be/hrhEu4MdpTQ
>>
I see many pros dipping down a bit after getting past their knees in clean
Why's that?
>>
>>41174692
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo5Dwy7dhjA
an example
>>
>>41170065
>332kg

sorry what
>>
>>41175062
>total
>>
whats at good clean to snatch ratio, say if c&j is 1hunit kg suggest a good upper and lower bounds. i need to know if a lift need more work
>>
>>41173290
Well maybe you got stronger, but it could hinder your oly progress. The annoying thing about oly lifting is, that your strength should go up only when your tech also goes up. If its just your strength going up, you're going to get a poor technique that is hard to get rid of because of your strength.

If you're new to oly, don't program the lifts for yourself. Tbh its better to cut the lifts to smaller pieces than go for the full lifts often.

>number one goal is bigger snatch and clean and jerk
Well doesn't look like that. You're going heavy on squats, deadlifts and pretty much fucking around. If i started oly lifting like that, i would never be fresh (explosiveness and sensitivity are easily lost when going heavy on other lifts all the time) and my snach and C&J sessions would be poor.

My first year i did pretty much 3-4 sessions a week. Sessions never were too heavy, because you want to be fresh for your next session.
>>
>>41174692
He's not dipping down, he's pulling the barbell upwards which causes hips to come a bit forward and knees to go forward (so the barbell stays close to the body and shoulders are on top of the bar / slightly in front of the bar)

What basically one should be thinking:
- Stay on top of the bar
- Pull the bar upwards
- Keep the bar close to your body
- Make contact at the upper thigh
>>
>>41176021
thanks
>>
File: 1492670278804.jpg (85KB, 573x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492670278804.jpg
85KB, 573x400px
Hello /owg/
For the last four years I was hyperthrophy cuck and built a pretty good physique. But now I'm interested in olympic lifts. My strength base is semi OK(1.5, 2.5, 3.5, 4)
What routine should I follow? I also wanna keep hyperthorphy gains. Thank you
>>
>>41176778
Monday
Clean & Jerk – 5 x 2+1
Clean Pull – 3 x 3
Back Squat – 3 x 5

Wednesday
Snatch – 5 x 2
Snatch Pull – 3 x 3
Front Squat – 3 x 3

Thursday
Power Snatch – 5 x 2
Power Clean & Power Jerk – 5 x 2(1+1)
Overhead Squat – 3 x 3

Saturday
Snatch – heavy single
Clean & Jerk – heavy single
Front Squat – heavy single

Week 2

Use the same weights as week 1 with this increased volume. If this feels too easy, you can increase the weight, but stay below absolute maximal effort.

Monday
Clean & Jerk – 5 x 3+1
Clean Pull – 4 x 3
Back Squat – 5 x 5

Wednesday
Snatch – 5 x 3
Snatch Pull – 4 x 3
Front Squat – 5 x 3

Thursday
Power Snatch – 5 x 3
Power Clean & Power Jerk – 5 x 3(1+1)
Overhead Squat – 5 x 3

Saturday
Snatch – 6 x 1
Clean & Jerk – 6 x 1
Front Squat – 3 x 1
Week 3

Increase the weights from last week as you’re able to.

Monday
Clean & Jerk – 5 x 1
Clean Pull – 3 x 3
Back Squat – 5 x 3

Tuesday
Power Snatch – 5 x 3
Hang Clean – 5 x 2

Wednesday
Snatch – 5 x 1
Snatch Pull – 3 x 3
Front Squat – 5 x 2

Thursday
Hang Snatch – 5 x 3
Power Clean & Power Jerk – 5 x 1+1
Overhead Squat – 5 x 1

Saturday
Snatch – heavy single

Week 4

Increase the weights from last week as you’re able to. Push for max effort singles on Saturday.

Monday
Clean & Jerk – 5 x 1
Clean Pull – 3 x 2
Back Squat – 5 x 2

Tuesday
Power Snatch – 5 x 2
Power Clean – 5 x 2

Wednesday
Snatch – 5 x 1
Snatch Pull – 3 x 2
Front Squat – 3 x 2

Thursday
Hang Snatch – 5 x 2
Power Clean & Power Jerk – 4 x 1+1
Overhead Squat – 3 x 1

Saturday
Snatch – heavy single
>>
>>41176870
Thank you kind sir. Can I add assistance and accesory exercises for example Bicep isolation, BP, Tricep isolation, ab exercises?
>>
>>41176906
yep
>>
>>41165275
You should be able to get a shoulder with stance, crouch to load the hips just slightly. Then jump and get your feet pffthe ground with only your hips, no ankle or knee movement.

The bar wont shoot out when you do this during the left because your back will be engaged and will hold the bar close to you. The bar will shoot up and not out when properly executed
>>
>>41176870
I think this sucks for a beginner without a coach. I know its popular but still. Hang work is much more important in the beginning..
>>
>>41165321
you're gonna be very bad for quite some time
>>
>>41177002
i'm sure you know more than greg everett
>>
>>41177002
what is hang work?
>>
>>41177017
greg WHO?
>>
Anyone using oly style lifting for size and strength?
I'm doing cleans, muscle snatches, push jerks for reps and without dropping the weights plus some accessory work. I find the exercises much more fun than plain old bench or pull-ups but I'm not sure if it's the right way to go...
Anyone did something similar?
>>
>>41177195
'oly style lifting' will make your legs big and strong. Accessory work will make the rest big. If your goal is to be big you're better off doing a bodybuilding routine, since it has more focus on accessory work.
>>
>>41175199

C&J is 80% of Snatch for most elite people
>>
File: 1422839454291.jpg (213KB, 854x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1422839454291.jpg
213KB, 854x1000px
What's the point of this thread? It's nothing but

>How do I get into oly lifting
>Rate my "program"
>Will I become aesthetic?
>What am I doing wrong?

If you're not lifting with a coach or teammates then why the fuck are you doing Olympic lifting in the first place? 100% of the questions asked in this thread can and should be answered by your coach. Powerlifting has a general thread because powerlifting is fucking easy and you can do it on your own. Weightlifting is an actual sport. You don't see soccer general thraeds on /sp/ for example because the people that actualy play the sport are doing it with real people in real life and discuss/ask things to those people, not strangers on the internet. That's why this thread is dead.
>>
>>41177301
you don't like it, get
>>>/out/ faggot

just filter /owg/ in your catalog and stop whining. some people, when want something, just go and do it instead of making up excuses.
>>
>>41177023
bump this
>>
>>41177023
>>41177337
look up hang cleans and hang snatches
>>
Opinions on snatch balance lads?
>>
Yo guys, how much aesthetics do you get from OW?

I am soon done with SS and i think I'll do i a strength routine for advanced novices and then after that i am thinking to either get in to hypertrophy training for aesthetics or either OW for the fun. I am not sure, i want aesthetics but OW seems fun.

Any thoughts?
>>
>>41177447
you NEED hypertrophy accessories for simultaneous oly and aesthetic gains. Train like a chinaman if you want both, big lift and 1-2 bodybuilding accessories per session
>>
>>41177322

see >>41177447

am I wrong?
>>
>>41177477
It's the first owg in a while. People ought to be curious. Stop being cynic
>>
>>41177447

Not a lot unless you're supplementing accesories like rows, presses and volume squats.

But doing this will also make it harder to recover and most coaches will discourage it since it distracts from getting better at the competition movements.

Unless you're on gear like the top elite athletes then you can birdybuild as much as you want.
>>
I really get a cancer everytime someone asks about aesthetics / strength base / self-made fuck around program

>>41177023
Picking the weight up and then lowering it down above your knees / under your knees etc.

>>41177017
Tbh i'd like to know why there is not any hang work. Its important because it's easier to lower the barbell straight down (teaching the right positions) and pull it straight up the same path that you lowered it down --> you lern the tech easier.

Hang work also lets you focus more on the second pull and pull under. Its easy to fuck up both of those, and its much easier when you add the first pull to it. But when you understand how the second and third pull feels, its easier to see when you fuck the first pull when doing the full exercise.

Most coaches program the lifts based on your weaknesses / what you need to improve. You can't do this if you make a general program for fuck-around beginners.

There are so many exercises that most of the beginners should be doing instead of the full lifts, squats and pulls. They might be boring tech work, but that's how you learn the fucking lifts..
>>
>>41177610
>There are so many exercises that most of the beginners should be doing instead of the full lifts
For example?
>>
>>41163046
I can sprint faster now, also know I can throw a much harder punch
>>
>>41177706
Ok so your lockout and arm work sucks
>Drop snatch
--> learning to straighten those arms fast and getting a good lockout

Ok so your leg drive sucks in the jerk
>Jerk drive
--> focusing how it feels to drive it using legs only

Ok so you keep hitting the bar to your knees
> Hang snatch pull below knees
--> Focusing on getting past the knees

This is how my coach programs my shit
>>
>>41159343
Any new link to the discord?

I'm a complete novice that started strength training with SL 5x5 2 months ago. I'm far out from doing any real OWL but I want to have a good plan to get there.
>>
>>41178062
>jerk drive

noice, will do them next jerk session
>>
>>41178126
Forget everything else and just get a coach.
>>
>>41178184
Ok. I'm committed to the gym I'm at and it was expensive, so I'll carry on with strength training until the contract is out and get myself a coach asap. Thanks,
>>
>>41178126
read the thread, there should be a working link
>>
>>41178329
There was another link but that's showing as expired too
>>
>>41178395
>>41172823
this one too?
>>
>>41173549
pls respond
>>
>>41178444
online coach
>>
>>41176778
http://www.alltheheavylifting.com/five-online-olympic-weightlifting-beginner-programs/
i like pendleys and 70 looks good. I think t nation does a beginner program. just ask here for assistance or post vids for form checks
>>
>>41161286
>sport about maxing
>oh no I had to max
>>
wtf
http://fmlp.galeon.com/
>>
>>41166940
If you backsquat "just under your 1RM" for sets of five fucking reps you'd better get stronger or you dead.
>>
>>41168923
Great fucking idea Einstein. Let us know how that works out for you.
>>
>>41178617
halterofilia faggot
>>
>>41178678
works fine? why wouldn't it work?
the gym is full of old weightlifters who used to compete and have nothing better to do than coach younger lads
>>
can any of you guys offer a routine with a focus on pressing? i feel as though my lagging press is affecting my jerk and even my snatch at this point.
>>
>>41178480
where can I even find an online coach without being shilled
>>
>>41177301
Not everyone has access to coaches retard
>>
>>41178704
5/3/1 press on ohp, snatch grip and """""sots"""""
push presses are fo cucks
>>
>>41178790
like this?

mon:
press 5/3/1
snatch press 3x8

thur:
press 5x10

how's that?
>>
>>41175973
When I said stronger I meant for my power lifting stats. And you make an odd case about strength not mattering; certainly by increasing my front squat I will be able to clean more, without any tech improvements - and this would be true even with 'perfect' form.. I just don't but the inverse relationship between increasing strength and good form you're describing

>going heavy on squats, deadlifts
This is after my Olympic lifts, so they are unaffected for that day. Unless you're saying it will rob my next session.

Ive has a coach before and wouldn't say I'm an absolute noob btw, got coached for about half a year or so.
>>
>>41169272
Probably meant 93kg
>r...right?
>>
>>41179422
Well let me know how it goes
>>
>>41176870
Why are front squats so low volume. 1-3 reps. Ive recently been adding in front squats and ive been trying to get the typical 5 reps, is that not ideal?
>>
File: mohamed_ehab_complex.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mohamed_ehab_complex.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
File: 140kg_squat_jerk.webm (2MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
140kg_squat_jerk.webm
2MB, 640x640px
>>41180959
>>
File: colourblind.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
colourblind.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>41180976
>>
>>41180116
It's been going fine so far, but, again, I'm just getting back "into the groove" of things, so I'm milking muscle memory (as an example, my squat has technically gone up 200 pounds this month). After my progress slows, I need a much more solid routine. And to be clear, once my progress slows, I don't really care about my powerlifts at all, I'm just trying to get them back to where they were.

I don't mean to sound dismissive of your advice, but any good advice should be able to withstand questioning. Thanks for your input so far though, if you have anymore I'd love to hear it.
>>
>>41180116
what are you lifts anyway?

>>41180476
Well, in oly you train for maxes, so perhaps that anon believes training 1-3 has more transferability to his true oly maxes.
>>
>>41180984
who is this manimal?
>>
>>41177301
low test defeatist idiot detected
>>
>>41181103
milko tokola
the man who always faints

also
MAINITTU
>>
Where can I find solid literature on /oly/ so I can do my own routine programming? The nearest coach to me is 1.5 hours away, so definitely not going to be a regular thing, though I have previous experience being coached, and can post form vids and shite

>>41181144
he's quick as shit, looks like the video as at 1.5 speed or something, jesus.
>>
>>41181177
yeah, don't understand why he isn't making it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qot15rv2B0Q
>>
>>41181202
>making it
? making it to what?
>>
>>41181230
winning some medals
>>
>>41180476
Tbh 1-3reps should be done more often than 5 reps. You have much better carryover from your 1-3 rep strength than from your 5 rep strength. You don't need positional strength for a set of 5 as much as you need it for lower reps, and heavy clean is all about positional strength.
>>
>>41181242
Don't be stupid. Just think about how kids train in finland compared to China or Russia. Finland is too sophisticated to make little kids train like animals in the gym. Its much more about fun etc. until teenage years.

If Milko was born in China then maybe he could be hitting medals.
>>
>>41181312
sure, but he could have a chance at the europeans
if Finland weren't so strict on drugs and whatnot
well, he's training in Estonia now with Mart Seim
>>
>>41181267
Maybe ill stick to just 1-3 for front squats until Im better at them. I always burn out at rep 4 and ive been dragging in progress.
>>
>>41178678

Oh yeah because you and everyone here are training to be elite world class lifters? Don't be such an asshole, you're an amateur just like everybody else here and you don't need a coach to get reasonably good.
>>
>>41177261
Other way around. Anyway, which way does it tend for non-elite lifters? Are the lifts closer or does snatch lag behind? Or no correlation?
>>
>>41181666
roughly same, satan (ime)

unless you're form on one of them is atrocious

often, form for snatch is more difficult, in US power cleans are pretty common too, so many start with a rather disproportional ratio with snatches lagging behind.
>>
>>41180959

Ehab is bae t b h
>>
>>41161286
Maxing is fun though, and unless you went full Clarence, then only a couple of those should tap into your recovery.
>>
>>41180476
Because the longer a heavy bar is on your chest, the more it sucks?

Serious answer is positional strength, specificity, and because front squats are often the lower volume lower intensity day for strength work. And you get tired in front squats and start to have your back round with reps which stresses your wrists.
>>
well lads, I finally feel it. I'm about to make some serious progress in my snatch and CnJ. Took me a while, but I finally believe i have my starting position correct. I'm excited about the next two months
>>
Wannabe Olympic lifter here.

>Be me
>Go to gym
>Warm up routine, stretches, etc
>Rack position
>Painful wrist, poor elbow position, tight feeling
>Go and do bench/OHP/Rows for an hour and a bit
>Go back and attempt the rack position
>Comfortable
>Wrist stops hurting
>Loosey goosey

Obviously my warmup routine isn't doing a good enough job of allowing me to get into the rack position, right?

What sort of warmup do you guys do to get prepared for the oly lifts?
>>
File: Bar-back-stretch.png (514KB, 411x683px) Image search: [Google]
Bar-back-stretch.png
514KB, 411x683px
>>41185769
I do a front rack stretch with the bar on my back, as seen here. I also always do a dynamic warmup before I do the lifts with the bar which consists of 5 RDLS, 5 OHPs, 5 Good mornings, and 5 BTN push presses to get my body warmed up.
>>
>>41185782
Oh cool. I haven't tried that in my stretching yet. I'll give it a try. Cheers anon!
>>
>>41170065
>0
>weak fuck
>thinks his advice is useful

this is why owg died u fuktards
>>
Is oly enough for normie aesthetics? If you lift oly on a cut will you lose body fat and get noob gains?
>>
>>41186640
no, you aren't really working the two most important muscles for normies
chest and biceps
>>
Brehs. How do I transition from the second pull to being under the bar faster in the clean? How do I get the shoulder mobility to actually jerk?
>>
>>41186722
People still go crazy over a nice back though. Add some bench/OHP to a routine and you'll look pretty normie aesthetic I think.
>>
>>41186803
sure, in addition to oly lifting I have a few bench/pullup days
>>
>>41186771
>How do I transition from the second pull to being under the bar faster in the clean?
Pull the bar to navel height (don't use your arms at all until this point, just triple extension and shrug) and then use your arms aggressively to pull yourself under the bar, also straighten elbows immediately.
>>
>>41186722
>>41186803
I'm more concerned with low body fat and a slim but firm figure, especially around my stomach. Is oly good for that, I suppose with some bicep work thrown in as well?

I'm super new. What's a good beginner oly routine, deadlifts and squats? I know you have to do the clean and jerk but I figure a coach would take me through that?
>>
>>41187035
For low body fat eat less
>>
How many of you guys are actual intermediates?
>>
>>41187170
well i dont want to make all u beginers feel bad but my total starts with a 2 ;^)
>>
Bumping as owe you /owg/ brahs. 2 and a bit years ago I saw /owg/, tried to find an Oly lifting club locally. Didn't, but found one of the best powerlifting clubs in the country on my doorstep. Now am bigger, stronger, and fitter than ever thankfully and begun competing. We're all gonna make it.

No Oly platforms at my powerlifting gym but I always incorporate power cleans and power snatches into my routines in honour of /owg/ changing my life.
>>
>>41187170
120 kg clean and 85 kg snatch at 83 kg bw
I'd call myself intermediate
>>
>>41187170
95kg snatch
115kg C&J
130 FS

Geez i really feel like my oly lifts drive my squat up instead of other way around. I'm a weak bitch.
>>
will start oly lifting today, just with the barbell

when practicing, should always jump the highest I can doing cleans?
>>
>>41188311
>when practicing, should always jump the highest I can doing cleans?
No no no.. you are totally clueless. get a coach m8
>>
>>41187183
>>41187201
>>41187579
Will any of you guys have a lot of time to train this summer?
>>
>>41190008
Not really, i will continue doing 3-4 days a week

>>41187579
im dis anon
>>
>>41187170
What qualifies as intermediate?
94kg bw with a 100kg snatch, 125 cj.
185 bs 155 fs
>>
>>41187170
Still a shitter but with my coaches' planning I'll at least hit 200 total before summer is over.
>>
>>41181242
cos of the likes of tian and rostami, even okulov and more, podium finishers are around like 30kg ahead, in both lifts
>>
>>41181202
WAHAHAHAHA
reminds of luvia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW1QY76d-40
>>
>>41186640
if you weightlift on a 'cut' you will die of overtraining
Thread posts: 232
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.