[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 17

I'm meeting a girl end of next week. Been cutting. I'm about 15% body fat. Is it alright for me to cut at 1000 calorie deficit for the remained of this week and then resume a 500 calorie deficit? Just want a scratch of speed. Muscle preservation is what I'm referring to gents.
>>
My almost 50 year old mother wants to lose weight.
Both of her knees are pretty fucked,so gym is a no go.

Should I iust put her on keto?
>>
How accurate is the navy seal bodyfat formula?
Omar memesuf said that it's within 3 percent, but in the morning it gives me ridiculous numbers like 7%.
In the evening it says I'm 12% which is about right I guess
>>
>>41126446
If it's purely weight loss she's after she can get away with some light cardio. Swimming a few times a week. Doesn't have to be keto necessarily. Any regular calorie deficit will work for weight loss.
>>
>>41126428
You're not going to lose anything significant by the end of the week. You can drop a ton of water by doing keto and appear to be more slim but it's not going to be all fat that you burn.

>>41126446
Keto? Fuck that.
Put her on a basic veg fruit and low fat meat diet and take her for long walks.
She'll be dropping fat in no time.
>>
>>41126428

Muscle loss is a meme.

As long as you keep exercising to full capacity your muscles will not atrophy even if you are water fasting.
>>
>>41126494
Cheers

>>41126545
Come now anon, come now.
>>
If I'm stubborn and insist on using purely adjustable dumbbells, what squat variation do I progress to after I've maxed Goblet Squats?
>>
I know I really need to go see a doctor, but what would the cause of minor to moderate pain in the appendix region over a really long period of time possibly be? I first had it almost a year ago with the mindset, "if it gets any worse I'll go see a doctor", but it never did, it just comes and goes.
>>
>>41126862

normal dumbbell squat? two dumbbells at your side

but why no bar?
>>
>>41126906

abdominal pain can have soooooo many causes you're really better off just seeing a doc
>>
>>41126928
I really do know, it's just difficult and it's in such an odd place where it can't be appendicitis just because of the fact it almost seems to improve before going away.
>>
If i can't do deadlifts, what's a good exercise to alternate with Pendlay Rows as my main lift on pull day of a ppl?
>>
What's fits thoughts on using instant breakfast as a dinner replacement

What are some better alternatives
>>
Can someone post that thing showing what different bf% look like?
>>
>>41127100
pull downs or chins,
>>
how is this 0 calories?

whats the catch
>>
Anyone have suggestions on routines for lifting with biking? I have been thinking of going from 4 to 3 days a week by cutting out squats and biking more instead. Never liked my form on squats. Intermediate level lifter on 5/3/1 and commute by bike to work most days
>>
At what point should i start cutting to look good? Is it too early to do it before meme/2/3/4
>>
>>41127304
Artificial sweeteners and also if you are from America then if one serving has less than 5 Cal it is legal to say 0 Cal.
>>
> haven't had a gf in a year
> I think azn grill in my class likes me
> Pretty flat, but nice legs/ass
> Could probably do better but then again I'm shit at meeting and talking to girls

should i just go for it lads
>>
I'm thinking out buying some creatine. I took two scoops of MyPre a few days ago and had the most killer workout ever.

MyPre already contains creatine so I'm guessing I should either take one or the other. Creatine is cheap as fuck and PreWorkout not so much. So can I expect the same boost I got by taking creatine and caffeine pills?
>>
>>41127681
As a guy who just asked a grl out for the first time at age 22 and still got rejected, Yes, go for it.
If you like her, that is, usually if her personality is shit she won't be worth the time or effort in the short or long run
>>
>>41127691
yeah I'm not really worried about rejection (I've been rejected a few times and I get over it pretty easily), I just have this issue where I automatically lose interest in any girl that returns my affection.

When I was with my old gf, I stopped liking her halfway in. I made out with some other chick at a party, broke up with my gf the next day. Then she moved on and I was sad because it felt like I wasn't good enough.

Plus I always feel like people will judge me for having a not 10/10 gf. Idk man I'm incredibly vain and self absorbed.
>>
What's a good routine and diet for getting rid of bithing hips? I have a bench, barbell and dumbells.
>>
>>41127685
I don't recommend caffeine pills because they are super effective and will make you addicted. Drink coffe instead.
>>
>>41126428
Easy, just make sure you eat enough proteinez. Drink a shake when you're hungry. A deficit of a 1000 soundd a lot, but going to 1500 from 2500 is more manageable than you'd think. Wanna go die hard? Do intermittent fasting alongside it. You'll either cry, die or succeed!
>>
>>41126428
the idea that you have to cut at a tiny deficit to prevent muscle loss is a meme, the science does not support this

1000 calorie deficit away, just keep your protein high
>>
>>41126446
I can help her loose some weight with some bedroomcardio wink wink
>>
why does my weight fluctuate by around 6 pounds each day? using two sets of scales so that isn't the issue
>>
>>41127864
Depends if you've eaten or taken a shit / pissed recently.
>>
>>41127877
didn't shit all yesterday and only had a small piss
>>
>>41127881
a large part of your bodyweight is in water, so your body weight fluctuates based on how much water you're holding. it's different in different times of the day. So it's a good idea to weigh yourself at a certain time in the day, like just before breakfast, after pissing in the morning for example.
>>
>>41127906
thanks
>>
If yesterday was my rest day, can I work muscle groups that still have DOMS today?
>>
>>41127960
You can, but i don't recommend it. Especially if you are new to lifting. If you are i recommend you let those muscle groups rest an extra day.
>>
>>41127968
Thanks
>>
hungry skeleton doing stronglifts

My mobility is pretty bad, very tight hamstrings.

My bent over rows feel like shit, feel like I'm struggling with the form, not with the weight.

Can I do prone rows instead until I've improved my mobility?
>>
currently doing leg raises and seeing improvements what else is good for abs?
>>
>>41127843
This is a lie from experience. It doesn't matter till I started to get below 20%. I could noticeably watch my biceps get smaller week after week. All lifts started to drop drastically to the point I was behind where I started. Was cutting at 1000cal+ now I'm at 500. Feel way better. Lifts going up. Still losing weight.
>tl:Dr 1000 cal deficit fine until you start getting leaner. Or less than 20% then your body wants to hold that fat so it starts to fuck your mouth
>>
>>41128013
You can switch the rows, but work on your mobility
>>
>>41128112
follow up question - any good resources for mobility, particularly for improving my mobility for squats?
>>
>>41128153
https://www.t-nation.com/training/defranco-agile-8
>>
>>41127801

I take them because I don't like coffee...at all. Not with milk not with sugar I just don't like it. I hate energy drinks too so inb4 sippin.

As for the caffeine pills I don't know what an addiction feels like but I've been taking them on and off for a while now the effect really varies...and I'm someone who doesn't ever take caffeine in any other way. I only take them for running now.
>>
Thoughts on 5x5 for heavy compounds and 3x12 for isolations on a split?
>>
How's my diet lads? For context I'm genuinely autism so that's why my diet is repetitive.

Breakfast
0.5 cup oatmeal (measured dry)
4 eggs

TOTAL:
P = 32
F = 22
C = 25
Cal = 250
Meal 2:
1.5 cup brown rice
390g delmaine red kidney beans (1 can)
1 Tbsp olive oil

TOTAL:
P = 28
F = 13.5
C = 97.4
Cal = 621

Meal 3:
1.5 cup brown rice
1 Tbsp olive oil

P = 28
F = 13.5
C = 97.4
Cal = 621
Meal 4:
1.5 cup brown rice
1 Tbsp olive oil

P = 28
F = 13.5
C = 97.4
Cal = 621
Meal 5
1 scoops before bed

P = 24

Whatever snacks I feel like. Try go for something healthyish like a Scoop or some fruit or some shiet

DAILY TOTAL:
P = 144
C = 400
F = 40.5
Cal = 2360
>>
>>41128246
also everything is measured cooked except the oatmeal.
>>
I'm just getting back to lifting again, I basically lost all my gains and i'm at a beginner again. What beginner program should I use?
>>
is there a good shoulder exercise to complement OHP for a guy that wants to start doing oly lifts in a near future?
>>
>>41128093

You lose strength cause you have no fuep, your biceps get smaller cause at 20+ percent you had fatceps, 1000 cal deficit is fine, I'm cutting at about a 1400 cal deficit right now, as soon as you up your cals back the strength comes right back on, just make sure protien is on point and chug bcaa's.
>>
>>41128428
Fuel, fuck I can't type
>>
>>41128428
No my body definitely hit a point where I was weak and shitty all the time. Once I had about 4 abs showing shit wasn't working anymore. Had to reduce deficit. There is literally no point cutting so hard when I only have ten pounds left to lose. No point feeling like shit and benching 125 when I was at 180. Post your body anon
>>
>>41128544
How many carbs/g did you get daily at that point?
>>
>>41128394
You could massage his shoulders and tell him he's doing a good job
>>
>>41126428

My left arm rotates inwards a fair bit more than my right arm, and it doesn't look very good from the side. Any ideas on how to fix it? More left rear delt work maybe?
>>
>>41128563
you're mum arleady do that dickhaed
>>
>>41128553
Usually anywhere from 125 to 200. At 6' 170
>>
>>41126428
I only did 5x5 speed deadlift with around 65% of my 1rm and 5x5 overhead press with 75% of my 1rm yesterday and have pretty sore rear delts. Now I thought neither of these two exercises really work the rear delts and neither do they stretch them. Any clue what could've happened?
>>
>>41127710
gfs arent for you. fuck and dump breh
>>
>>41128544
I can agree with you man, at a point strength does go because the body will crave the energy, and turn protein to power instead, I've found a higher carb intake will keep strength levels high but it still Dips a touch, I too am still cutting and gaining so there is method to the madness
>>
Can anyone help with my front squat, I can hold the bar fine in my right hand but my left wrist feels like it's gunna snap, anyone had this problem before or know a good link of front squatting techniques? I've heard it could be tightness but why is my right OK then? So many questions yet I have no answers help me guys
>>
File: 1457038638603.png (15KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1457038638603.png
15KB, 640x640px
>>41126446
I can have sex with her, that should burn a few of those caloroonies weighing down her luscious but saggy bosom
>>
I want to take creatine - other than the fact that is has to be monohydrate to not be excreted immediately by kidneys - is there ANY difference between cheapo generics and the more expensive brands? I'm looking into buying from ON. Also, does it have to be powdered?

Pretty enthusiastic, I squatted 5x5 100kg or 220 lbs at the beginning of the second month of my gym training. To be fair, my progress on OHP and BP is slower than I'd like due to calorie deficit (I started lifting to loose weight, I got rid of my ugly Shrek thighs and my womanly ass is looking better than before, my ex is coming back to fuck and I perform better).

Don't give up fagolas
>>
>>41128621
Yea it was like hitting a brick wall. It didn't help that weather was nice and I became way more active with grass cutting and hard work etc. I added 250 cals and gonna add 250 more next week. And slowly transition to bulk while I lose last 10 pounds or so
>>
>>41128252
Well it works from a physiological point of view, if you cut down heavily on meat expect anemia from iron insufficiency after a few months, and megaloblastic anemia after 1,5 years due to HT and vitamin B12 insufficiency.
>>
>>41126461
> not gonna make it

Sorry anon
>>
>>41128394
i know this is a slow board but bump because don't have much time left ;_;
>>
>Skinnyfat, workout 2xWeek

What split of cardio:lifting should I be doing in my routine?

Decent trap and core exercises?

Can you actually get rid of cellulite or is it a myth?

Am I fine with just whey protein after a workout, or would it be beneficial to start taking creatine?

Excuse the newfaggotry, I've read the sticky.
>>
>>41128093
1. your protein intake needs to go up
2. you had fatceps to begin with and had less muscle than you thought
3. you need to take periodic diet breaks, or your lifts will eventually begin to drop

cut at 1000 deficit for 6-8 weeks, then eat at maintenance for 2 weeks (minimum of 2 weeks)

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html/
>>
Last week I did 295lb x 6 for a 6 rep max.
In a few weeks I'll be testing for a 4 rep max.

Should I try 3pl8?
I'm scared brehs.
>>
>>41128825
Ok well you can't cut at 1000+ for 3 months unless your a fat fuck. Just saying
>>
Have a 16 yr. old nephew that's skinny fat, all he does right now is swim. Is he old enough to start lifting? What do /fit/?
>>
File: IMG_0174.png (86KB, 351x371px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0174.png
86KB, 351x371px
Help I did preacher bench curls and now my arms hurt like a bitch
I can barely hold my arm straight
Is this normal or did I fuck up
>>
>>41128978
Yeah he can lift
>>
>>41128850
which is why you take diet breaks with increasing frequency as you get leaner

if you're 20%+ you can get away with one every few months, when you get leaner maybe every 6 weeks

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/size-of-deficit-and-muscle-catabolism-qa.html/
>>
anyone see a chiropractor?

never been

>24
>6'4
>obese for majority of developing life
>now slightly overweight
>extra lumbar vertebrae
>mild scolliosis
>text neck
>just in general feel misaligned/twisted

doctor gave me some bitch boy pain meds and told me I should try physical therapy, or a chiropractor
>>
Can anybody give me a quick rundown on using adderall as a study aid? I have an exam I'm studying for in June and would like as much extra focus as I can. I'm healthy and take no medications nor do I have any allergies.
>>
>>41129272
what dosage?
>>
>>41128805
Focus on foods instead of supplements. Don't get "just" whey after working out, get a good meal ASAP. I don't recommend creatine for a beginner, there's so many more important things to focus on.
>>
>>41129118
I'm just gonna run a increasingly smaller deficit every 2 weeks until I am bulking. I tired of being a skelly
>>
>>41129281
i have no clue. I know nothing which is why I'm asking
>>
>>41126428
What helps constipation that isn't laxatives? I drank prune juice for 2 weeks but still can't poop enough. I'm always on my feet and I drink a decent amount of water.

I'm sick of being 2 pounds heavier than I am because I won't shit for 3 days unless I eat fast food or a laxative
>>
>>41129372
tried magnesium supps?
>>
>>41129372
It's probably just your diet that is fucked...
>>
>>41129401
Haven't. Guess I'll try that thanks.
>>
does pork tenderloin really have 26 g of protein per 100g? I can just eat like 700g of this and be done with protein macros?
>>
>>41129403
I eat fruits and vegetables, rice, chicken, beef, bread, pecans. I've heard that before but no idea how to fix that. The difference between my eating habits now and when I could shit is that I eat less food and less fatty food or fast food. Guarenteed I'll be sitting on a toilet if I ate white castle or chick fil a. But that's it.
>>
By following a program like 5/3/1 and not eating a caloric surplus, do you still increase the weight lifted over time?
What makes the program work? The rep scheme followed or the bulking?
>>
>>41128638
I am no front squat expert, but I was just recently told that using index and middle fingers instead of whole hand can help maintain form while you develop wrist and shoulder flexibility/mobility
>>
I'm kinda running into a wall with SS. The squats basically take all the energy I have after a day of work. Will bumping my calories a bit help?
>>
>>41129454
Both. You might still progress a bit. But it will be slower
>>
>>41128849
Fucking mong, what lift?
>bench
do it faggot
>squat
do it faggot
>>
how's this routine I found online?
push/pull/legs/push/pull/legs/rest
(everything done until 12 or failure)
push:
dips
pushups
plank
side plank
chest press
incline fly
arnold press
overhead tricep extension

pull:
pull ups
bent over rows
shrug
bicep curl

legs:
goblet squat
cycling 30 minutes

anything I should add or is it good? also it says it focuses on hypertrophy what does that mean? ottermode?
>>
>>41129547
sorry squat, I got so scared I forgot to type it.

I think it'll be a mental game more than anything.
>>
>>41128729
That's not how you greentext faggot
>>
>>41129290
Thanks for the reply anon, I do generally drink a proton shake while waiting for my meal to cook.

>>41128805
Can anyone answer my other retarded questions?
>>
>>41129420
People tend to worry about salt content I think. And red meat issues or whatever. Safest option is just to mix it up. Pork one week then some white meat the next. Moderation my man.
>>
Is it okay if I have my full dinner and then go to the gym or should I just get a protein shake (considering my last meal was lunch) and eat my diner after the gym?
>>
So I just started going to the gym a while ago and the trainer at my uni gym helped me set up a program. He has me just doing machines for weights/resistance for the time being. How do i get the most out of this and when should I start moving on to free weights?
>>
>>41127100
Power cleans
>>
>>41127655
It's a different type of activity
Do both or stay unproportional
>>
>>41127656
No, cut when you feel too fat
>>
>>41127788
>>
>>41128051
Planks, cable crunches, decline bench sit ups
>>
>>41128236
Depends, too little info
You probably need to read the sticky
>>
SS or Greyskull? The impression I've gotten is that Greyskull is slower but more aesthetic while SS is straight up strength gains.
>>
>>41130469
i usually wait to hit the gym at least 1 hour after eating a big meal. Or rather this is my routine:
>Eat lunch
>get a coffee and some pastry
>wait ~45 mins
>start packing my stuff and head to the gym (7 min walk from my apartment.)
>>
>>41128246
Canned beans are kinda shut from a nutritional and wellbeing perspective

You'll feel much better after eating some fresher veg
>>
>>41130567
SS is indeed focused on Strength gains but it will make you look better too. Strength and aesthetics go hand in hand.
>>
>>41128659
Stop fucking your ex
>>
>>41128805
Cardio 1:3 lifting
Abs+traps:Deadlifts, power cleans, pendlay rows
Abs: plans, hanging leg raises, sit-ups
Don't need to isolate traps
Cellulite is just fat, you can burn any fat but you don't choose which first
>>
>>41128246
stop counting in "cups", it means nothing. Use grams instead

Your diet is healthy but it lacks veggies
2360 calories means nothing if you don't state what your goal is
>>
>>41129166
Try physical therapy and do the prescribed excercices for a couple of months.
Chiropractor is a scam. You won't fix the problem just the result for a day or two.
>>
>>41129523
Sleep, nutrition, water intake, mood
Try sleep and mood before calories
>>
>>41129565
Terrible, read the sticky
>>
>>41130619
+1 internet sempai
>>
at what point are regular grips for deadlift start bein not viable?

>>41126428
dont put it on pedestal, losing that tiny fat wont help you but not giving a shit will boost your confidence
>>
>>41130815
mixed grip on deadlift is an advanced manuveur, only use it if you know what you're doing. If not, use regular grip. Don't ever use straps but do use chalk.
>>
>>41130842
fug
i dont think my gym has or allows chalk
today the bar opened my fists doing deadlifts, i had to do a few reps with a half open grip
should i continue increasing the weight or count it as a no lift and do the same weight again until i can complete the lift properly?
>>
Who here /shouldn'tbealive/ ?

>bought yohimbine powder cus I was tired of taking the pills
>fucked up the measurement bad, wound up taking over double the max dose
>I just took over 40mgs of yohimbine with two cups of coffee
>my stomach is on fire and my heart feels like a time bomb
>palms are sweaty

I took it an hour ago and had to stop my cardio so I could throw up all over myself. I'm chugging some ice water waiting for this shit to wear off.
>>
>>41130925
If you are sure you have proper form and you are repping heavy weight and the first thing that starts failing is your grip strength. Then you can use mixed grip (it makes it a lot easier to grip onto the bar).
>>
How bad exactly is alcohol for gains? If I have about 4-6 beers one night a week is that like "king sized chocolate bar" bad or "deep fried butter" levels of progress killer?
>>
Don't really want to ask on /fit/, but you guys will know more than /lgbt/ I guess

What body fat % is a female-to-male tranny realistically able to achieve? Will this change on hrt?

How will my body fat relocate (if at all) when I start taking testosterone?

Truth be told I'm aiming for ottermode/skinny twink body, but not sure how well it's going to work out with a body etc that is biologically female...
>>
>>41130986
Don't change your gender. You'll regret it down the line.
>>
>>41129329
Where are you getting it from they should know at least
>>
>>41130986
Masculanizing steroids at the level you'll be taking them will make your body begin to redistribute fat in a more male pattern.
You'll also burn a fuckton and put on a great amount of muscle if you watch what you eat and workout.
Your bone structure will never be that of a man's however so that will always give you away.
But hey, lots of bi chicks and gay and bi guys like twink dudes with feminine bone structures so you'll probably get a bit of play.

Now how far along are you? Are you still slightly feminine but a bit andro and hyper horny thus in that very short space of time where you're the perfect fuckmeat I'd love to hatefuck into the ground
OR
are you shaving full beard and being mistaken for a dude now which is basically disgusting and kills my boner completely dead.
>>
>>41130979
you won't notice any difference so long as you don't let your hangover affect training

if you're a fat cunt then it's a different story - alcohol calories stick to you like honey
>>
>>41130979
king sized chocolate bar

affects you more if you're fat and cutting

what really kills is the drunchies
>>
>>41130986
>ftm but wants to be twink
Lolwut.
>>
>>41126428
if you want to look your best shot is to take some asthma medication with salbutamol sulfate, its almost like clenbuterol and you'll breath better, take it for one week, start with 8mg, the next day take 20mg until the last day, don't take on the day of your date, you'll be shaky as fuck
>>
>>41129435
physillium husk
>>
>>41131018
You speaking from experience or?

>>41131048
>Masculanizing steroids at the level you'll be taking them will make your body begin to redistribute fat in a more male pattern.

So less fat on the hips and ass, more on the gut?

>Your bone structure will never be that of a man's however so that will always give you away.

I'm lucky in that I'm mostly straight up and down

>Now how far along are you? Are you still slightly feminine but a bit andro and hyper horny thus in that very short space of time where you're the perfect fuckmeat I'd love to hatefuck into the ground

^this

>>41131081
no chadmode for me
>>
>>41131115
psyllium
>>
>>41130979
it will literally slow your gains for about 10 hours, because thats the time alcohol stays in your system, then your body will start to rebuild your muscles again
>>
>>41131147
Thanks famalam. Just woke up and am apparently mildly retarded.
>>
>>41131118
>>Now how far along are you? Are you still slightly feminine but a bit andro and hyper horny thus in that very short space of time where you're the perfect fuckmeat I'd love to hatefuck into the ground

Good
Stay there, and don't get your breasts removed or go overboard with the test.
Fucktoys like you are a very rare and forbidden treat.
>>
>>41131118
If twinks want to be girly, and you're already a girl...
Am I missing something here?
>>
is this any good?
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4877772
>>
>>41131169
Absolutely horsecock
>>
I wanna do 100 pull ups. Am at 3 proper ones rn. How long do I have to train if I do lets say every second day.
20yrs old , male
>>
What are a couple upper core exercises I can add into my routine once or twice a week? I've noticed my upper core has been lacking in strength and I'm afraid it's effecting my other lifts.

tl;dr upper core exercises
>>
>>41131265
I don't have the body type to be anything else, I'll just look retarded

>>41131227
Treats are fine in moderation, right?
>>
>>41131384
crunches on an exercise ball with full thoracic extension
>>
what would you guys order if you went to Denny's?

Breakfast options only
>>
>>41131545
thanks, will try this tomorrow. what about ab wheel?
>>
File: 1420216744772.gif (3MB, 320x233px) Image search: [Google]
1420216744772.gif
3MB, 320x233px
Very new to lifting, on my 6th week. I get groin pain from squats. Have deduced that it's hip adductors.
I've tried to read up on this and found 2 possibilities:
1. i should train hip adductors separately in good girl machine or with some kind of resistance band.
2. it's a squat form error. I should fix this by activating glutes more, by trying to "split the floor apart with my feet" on the way up.

thoughts?
>>
>>41131834
i have this same problem, i've noticed it only happens if i squat too low or if my feet and angled outwards too far, causing my knees to push out to the side farther. try keeping your feet less angled
>>
>>41131882
thanks for input, but i recently widened my stance a lot, i used to get this pain back when my stance was narrower as well. I'll keep it in mind.
>>
>>41131535
I'm a filthy degenerate hedonist. I'll indulge in you and use you and abuse you like a cheap play thing.
When I'm sick of you I'll toss you to the side. Used broken but completely satisfied on every level and begging me for more.
>>
>>41131971
Cringey.
>>
How do I break through my OHP plateau during SS? Currently stalled at 60kg, tried deloading. Was thinking lat raises/dumbell should press at the end of the workout?
>>
>>41128394
btn press, clean grip overhead squats, do shoulder dislocates with broomstick, make sure to do static stretches of pecs and shoulders after workouts
>>
>>41126446
Just put her on some light cardio and calorie deficit. Maybe bike rides so she doesn't affect her knees
>>
>>41132075
But you like it.
I can tell.
>>
>>41132113
Everyone stalls on OHP... i can't help you.
>>
>>41132113

more volume

do drop sets

isolate triceps if you aren't already
>>
>>41127685

Don't creatine. You'll never stop pissing and it will cause hair loss if you use too much for too long.
>>
is it ok to lean a little bit back when barbell curling?
i start straight and in the middle of movement i go a tad bit backwards
>>
>>41128220
I finally found a way that I really like coffee. I tried to like it black for a long time but it never grew on me.

Turns out adding just a bit of heavy cream (no sugar or sweeteners) and it's perfect. Milk is worthless and not even close to the same as cream.

So anyways you might give that a try. You kind of have to want to like it, though. Liking coffee is like liking beer, it's not something you'll just taste and naturally be like "wow that's delicious" like it's candy or something.
>>
what does fit know about alcohol and fitness?
>>
File: 1484728773099.jpg (963KB, 1400x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484728773099.jpg
963KB, 1400x960px
If i'm trying to increase my weighted chinup strength, what sort of progression scheme should I follow?

Currently doing 5x5 3 times a week and progressing 1.25kg every time I hit my prescribed sets/reps. (Sadly can't do barbell rows anymore because of lower back issues) Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
>>
Is there any reason not to do more than 3 sets in SS? I feel like Im not doing enough with just 15 rep total per exercise. And no idea why DL is only one set.
>>
if i eat one cheat meal without paying attention to what i eat... what is the max calories i can incorporate?
like, if i really wasnt measuring it, what is the worst case scenario? 10.000? 20.000?
>>
>>41133191
wow what a silly question. depends entirely on what you eat. 10,000 cal? sure.
>>
>>41133220
like, what would that look like? if i ate say 3 stakes 5 fried eggs a couple of chocolate bars and a bowl of fries, is that enough for 10.000?

i just had a real crash of my diet because i had anxiety issues above the normal person, not really my fault, but i want to know what to expect from numbers to calculate correctly the fat loss i desrve
>>
>>41133234
>3 stakes 5 fried eggs a couple of chocolate bars and a bowl of fries

for christ sake don't eat all that. Also you can find calorie calculators on google, just search for it, they are easy to use. You enter the foods and the amount and it gives you the calories.
>>
>>41131971
Please

>>41132075
Not me
>>
>>41133145
Wait untll the weight gets heavy, you'll be happy it's only three sets mah boy
>>
What will get me better abs, more reps or weigthed reps?
>>
>>41131331
Shit
Why would you need this
>>
>>41132475
Sure
>>
>>41132965
Try madcow progression scheme
>>
>>41133483
Better meaning larger?
Weighted
>>
File: Buddy-Lee-1-01.jpg (565KB, 1024x1010px) Image search: [Google]
Buddy-Lee-1-01.jpg
565KB, 1024x1010px
what should i look for in buying a jump rope? im cutting weight and it seems more fun than jogging
>>
What is the difference in getting casein protein vs regular whey?
>>
Are stiff legged deadlifts a meme? If not should I be able to do more on stiff legged than a regular deadlift?
>>
>>41134195
No difference in practice, see the Harsh's sticky it has references on that
>>
>>41134490
Definitely more on normal deadlift
Stiff legged are good accessories when your lifts are advanced
>>
>>41126428
>lose an extra 0.5lb
>and feel low energy and more irritable
totally worth it bro, def get sick fukken shredded 4 that date m8
>>
>>41129272
start with 10mg, and never jump more than 10mg when dosing. expect to lose your hunger and pee a lot, so get some water to fight the dehydration and either get some good weed or plan your meals accordingly to combat the amphetamines suppressing your appetite.
yes, adderall is an amphetamine if you didn't already know. they can be dangerous and addictive, so i would personally suggest you
>1: control dose
never ever ever go above 60mg in a day. even 40-50 is pushing it for most people. if you develop a tolerance, a 2-7 day break is better than upping dosage unless you're desperate.
>2: keep a food log
i've known people who went without eating for days because they were preoccupied with labs or other schoolwork/real life shit. try to get a meal in before taking the adderall, it should help. and drink loads of water.
>3: control caffeine intake
stims are stims. caffeine is fine to have in controlled dosages on adderall, but i'd suggest not risking it until you have a day or 2 at that dosage at a minimum, and drink less than you normally would.
>4: have a non-stressful thing on hand that can keep your brain/body occupied
you can start burning out and still be feeling the effects of adderall, so if you become too anxious it'd do you good to have a game or book nearby (walking also works, but avoid anything that elevates your HR very much. it's normal for your resting heartrate to go up 20-40bpm because of adderall, so that has to be accounted for)
>5: get some sleep. you'll need it to fully commit what you've learned into long term memory, and to stay rested/focused
>>
>>41132774

Anyone? please
>>
>>41128246
>faggot ass /fit/ diet
>enjoy your malnutrition

Please decide to eat meat and veggies and not fucking brown rice like a cunt soccer mom.
>>
>>41132774
What kind of a fucking question is that
Alxohol is only good in moderation
>>
I have Jock Itch. What's a good cream or powder I should get?
>>
>>41134771

so if i drink like once on the weekends its not ganna kill my gains, even the same night or day next day after my workout? alcohol is a strong muscle relaxer and i always feel all week and sloppy after i have couple drinks.
>>
What's an easy way way too eat Bulgarian feta cheese?
>>
File: bodytypes.jpg (52KB, 680x472px) Image search: [Google]
bodytypes.jpg
52KB, 680x472px
Ok, so I don't get this. Are all skinny people ectomorphs, and all fat people endomorphs? Or is it like a genetic thing?
>>
Skeleton here
I tried doing cross bench alternating triceps dips ( long ass fucking name) but I'm not very good at them.
Any alternatives that will help me do it
>>
Have been having trouble sleeping for years now and I feel it has been affecting my results, as I have gotten stronger but not much more muscular. How should I go about getting my sleep fixed and/or how should I plan around it? I usually get between 4-6 hours a night, and I am always waking up at least once or twice within that period.
>>
>>41135226
all that *morph stuff is BS
stop spreading misinformation
>>
A
Squat 3x5
Chinups 3x10
Bench 3x5

B
Deadlift 1x5
Barbell Row 3x5
OHP 3x5

ABxABxX

Last set to failure. I'm a beginner, wondering what else I should add. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of adding ab rollouts for abs, not sure what else'd be good. Doing Greyskull's method for upping weights, by the way. Completely open to critique.
>>
>>41135408
this. it's a generalization of people based, largely, on shoulder width relative to their height. shoulder width has a general correlation with chest depth (how "barrel chested" someone is). but there are people with narrow shoulders and barrel chests and vice versa
>>
>>41135447
pretty good tbqh. maybe some face pulls, and stiff leg deadlifts if your hamstrings become a limiting factor or you're too fried to work with your usual DL weight
>>
>>41135469
Anything you'd replace face pulls with? Working with a home gym.
>>
>>41135447
What's your method of progression? Are you okay with pressing receiving the least training stimulus?
>>
what do when you're too poor for the gym and want a more defined body?
>>
>>41135585
/r/bodyweightfitness
>>
so, i've read the sticky but i am currently unable to go to a gym. can't afford it but that shouldn't be an issue for now because i'm a skelly who can barely do a sit up

so my question is: what are some non-weights workout routines i can adapt until i can get the funds for a gym? push ups? squats?
>>
>>41135575
>Are you okay with pressing receiving the least training stimulus?
Honestly? Not really. Bench is probably one of my favorite lifts so far. Not sure what I can do to get more of it in though with an AB routine.
>>
I've been on a routine which had bench and accessories on day 2, diddly+squat+accessories on Day B, and went like ABxABxx. I've asked for a routine from one of the huge ex powerlifter owner of the gym, he's been a coach too, he gave me a personalised routine for my goals, which is a routine for aesthetics that includes the big 3.

It's the same ABxABxx thing, except on day A:
Crunches machine
Situps
Calves standing up
Squat
Bench
Machine flies
Pullups
Lateral raises
Regular curls
Triceps pushdown with ropes

Day B: Hanging leg raise
Reverse crunches
Calves sitting down (I have no idea why the fuck calves, he said it helps the squat)
Leg press
Incline press (barbell)
Chest dips
Deadlifts
Ohp
Hammer curls
Skullcrushers

Seriously, could this work or should I just do what I've been doing? It looks stupid as fuck
>>
>>41136068
Bench and accessories on day A
>>
File: 1492533072722.png (831KB, 1280x1381px) Image search: [Google]
1492533072722.png
831KB, 1280x1381px
I'm getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out next tomorrow, has anyone gotten all 4 out at once as well?

did you have to stop lifting while it healed?
>>
File: Hepburn Method A B.png (99KB, 1204x574px) Image search: [Google]
Hepburn Method A B.png
99KB, 1204x574px
>>41126428
> Will pic related get me THICC?

I'm trying to get a simple routine that will make my numbers go up, especially OHP and squats.

Current stats are:
> squats 68kg 5x3, bench press 74kg 8x3, ohp 8x3 44kg, deadlift 118kg 3x3, @ 195cm tall, 98kg bodyweight
>>
>>41134655
awesome info bro. thanks alot.

If you're still around, how long to take before studying and how will this effect lifting?
>>
How do I remove body hair without stubble and razor bumps (i use a quality razor). Does anyone have experience with Nair or similar products?
>>
>>41136307
I've used Nair on my chest and back, and I can certainly recommend it for the chest. As for the back, if that's an issue for you, then I'd either just deal with the small stubble from trimmers or treat yourself to a wax when you know you'll need it
>>
Anyone tried using a cooling vest while cutting? Seems like an easy way to burn an extra few hundred calories on top of exercise/dieting
>>
when do back excersises i don't feel them in my back. It's always in my biceps. Is this ok?

should i increase volume weight of back excersises? are biceps accesories important to prevent this?
>>
>>41128093
well actually studies say that you're wrong, retard
>>
>>41136541
this please
>>
>>41136709
Where pal. Where does it say that cutting at 1000 cals or more is ok. Also what do if your tdee is 2k. You eat 1k? Or less. Pls go...
>>
Best ab/oblique exercises?
>>
>>41136777
>Also what do if your tdee is 2k. You eat 1k? Or less. Pls go...

No, that's a fixed set in stone limit, if you're a male don't eat at less than 1200 cals per day.

But if your tdee is like 2200 or higher and certain conditions are met feel free to make a 1000 cal drop, its not exactly rocket surgery mate
>>
>>41136111
Ive had all four out at once and prior to that a previous 4. You will heal within a week. I wasnt lifting at the time but spontaneous bleeding from mouth isnt ideal at gym.
>>41136808
I get really sore obliques from front squats. Can do oblique bend overs as well.
>>
are planks and side planks best abs/obliques excersise?

any good guide to progress on em?
>>
File: Pepe226.jpg (38KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe226.jpg
38KB, 657x527px
How much lean muscle mass can I put on after each work out?
I figure 2.5lbs a month.
Working out every other day, so 15 days a month-ish. About .167lbs each workout or about 72grams of muscle each time.
Is that about right?
>>
File: 1492571248443m.jpg (102KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1492571248443m.jpg
102KB, 576x1024px
Is fapping bad if I'm trying to lose weight?
>>
Im a very "addicted" person. I use food and masturbation as an escape for anxiety (no smoking thanks god).

Is it possible to quit bnoth at the same time, or should i first work on my food addiction and then work on the masturbation part when i get fit?
>>
I barely have the energy or motivation to fap on my cut and all i wanna do is play vidya outside of the work/gym. I need viagra and willpower when the gf comes over and I'm still 22 for fucks sake. I don't understand how you guys can keep masturbating.
>>
>>41131834
checking if i can get more input on my question
>>
>>41137219
No, but think of it like exercise.
>>
I've been doing this workout for the past year
https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172473

>A Simple beginner's Routine
>You will do 3 work outs per week on non consecutive days. The first work out is your heavy work out. The second work out is your medium work out, use 10% less weight for your work sets. The final work out for the week is your lite work out, use 20% less weight.

>Do a lite warm up with 1/4 of your work sets weight. Do a medium warm up with 1/2 of your work sets weight. Do 2 work sets with the same weight. Choose a starting weight and start light.

>These are the seven exercises you will be starting with.

>Squats
>Bench Presses
>Bent-Over Rows
>Overhead Barbell Presses
>Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
>Barbell Curls
>Calf Raises

>You will be running this program on a five week cycle as follows:
>The first week do all 4 sets for 8 reps.
>The second week do all 4 sets for 9 reps.
>The third week do all 4 sets for 10 reps.
>The fourth week do all 4 sets for 11 reps.
>The fifth week do all 4 sets for 12 reps.

Squats: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
Bench Press: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
Bent Over Row: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
Over Head Press: work-set, work-set
Stiff Legged Deadlifts: work-set, work-set
Curls: work-set, work-set
Calf Raises: work-set, work-set

>If you got all of the required reps on the fifth week then increase the weight by 10% and repeat the cycle. If you didn't get all of the reps on the fifth week then repeat the cycle with the same weight. You shouldn't need more than one minute rest between the warm up sets and you shouldn't need more than one minute thirty seconds between the work sets.
>Do some cardio and abs work on non weight training days.

I've been doing this for roughly a year and right now I'm cutting.
Should I keep doing this routine post-cut or do a different routine?
>>
>>41126428
Don't under eat too much or you soldier won't be rising haha!
>>
>>41137291
you're obviously making a lot of wrong lifestyle choices.

you do NOTHING else besides the gym?
are you doing your cut right?
eating enough?
keeping your mind stress free?
do you like your girl?
do you like girls?
>>
>>41136759
>>41136541
this please
>>
I've been having a problem lately with keeping regular.

What are some recommended foods or supplements I should take to help with this?
>>
>>41136541
>>41136759
>>41137393
THIS PLOXY PLOX
>>
>>41137400

what do you usually eat?
>>
>>41136541

Do you pull with your hands or your elbows?
>>
looks like i have butt wink. i tested with tape on my lower back and felt its pull. what can i do to doagnose and fix the cause?
>>
>>41137369

1. Gym/vidya/anime is pretty much all I got, I used to party regularly when I lived in a frathouse I joined for a few years but moved out and embraced the introvert life again, it's just who I am. I do some programming on my free time though.

2. Honestly probably not eating or sleeping enough, but definitely not losing strength. I am in muscle memory mode though since I'm getting back on the bandwagon.

3. Some days I do but I'll admit sometimes I shoot too far under, I'll fix that and make myself some food after this post.

4. I have some insecurity issues that stem from child abuse from a drug addicted parent. Getting some stress also about going back to school.

5. It feels like she is on the way to being my best friend but still within the first month

6. I flip on and off between really liking them and not giving a shit
>>
>>41137447
hands.

do wider grip means more lats hit? do i start from totally hanging and go till my chin goes over the bar?
>>
>>41137330
Even if it's a excessive?
>>
>>41137497
>5. It feels like she is on the way to being my best friend but still within the first month
but is she hot? would you masturbate to a picture of her?
>>41137497
are you 100% sure you sexually and romantically like women?
>>
>>41137435

Usually I'll have oatmeal for breakfast, a sandwich plus apple slices and baby carrots for lunch, and a salad with chicken at dinner.
>>
>>41137499

Start by focusing the pull to your elbows instead of the hand. That will reduce the involvement of your biceps and put it more on your back.
>>
>>41137499
lower the weight and squeeze through your elbows. also i find that a thumbless grip helps me isolate my back more.
>>
>>41137528

Hmm. Thats not too bad a diet and shouldnt plug you up.

maybe more green roughage or the classic prune trick.

Is their dairy in your oatmeal or sandwich?
>>
>>41137562

Yes. I sometimes add some milk in my oats, and the sandwich usually has cheese. I also put some parmesan cheese in my salad.

I didn't think it would be enough to cause me to go irregular, but I'm new to /fit/, so I could be wrong.
>>
>>41137516

>Masturbate to a picture of her

Normally, (usually) easy

>100% into women

Yeah, I just don't want to go full chad be ready to cum all day every day.

I guess I should just ramp up my calorie intake, at least until I get back to my normal-ish numbers and see if I still have issues. I know how to diet and honestly I've been fucking it up and lowballing, just didn't think it would actually hit me this hard.
>>
File: 1492339695643.png (598KB, 652x604px) Image search: [Google]
1492339695643.png
598KB, 652x604px
How do I calculate spaghetti noodles? The boxes always say 200C uncooked
>>
>>41137767
My rule of thumb is 1x to 1.2x heavier when cooked so 2 oz becomes about 4-5oz cooked depending on what kind of pasta. To be sure just cook one serving and strain and weigh it afterwards to know for sure
>>
>>41137606

try some probiotics maybe?

I dunno im grasping at straws at this point.
>>
>>41137798
Does it apply to other foods too? Or just noodles?
>>
>>41137767
weigh it before you cook then if you want to split just divide it ye nub
>>
File: 1481216976669.jpg (56KB, 712x534px) Image search: [Google]
1481216976669.jpg
56KB, 712x534px
I cant get my squat below parallel without losing the straight lower back, this starts just over parallel.
>>
>>41137815

I do occasionally have probiotic yogurt. I've also recently tried a stool softener to try and help out.

Maybe I should just visit a doctor about it.
>>
>>41138047
eat all-bran. fibre content is out this world
>>
I'm only 10lbs overweight, I've just started going to the gym. Should I cut the fat off first or just keep lifting?
>>
I'm doing SS. I'm starting from auchwitz mode so my lifts are extremely low, squat 52.5 kg / 115 lb, dead 65 kg 145lb for example.
Are these warmup sets x reps acceptable given the low weights?

Squat:
2x5 bar
1x5 +1/4 of working weight
1x3 +2/4 of working weight
1x2 +3/4 of working weight
3x5 working weight

Everything else (bench/dead/HOP/Row)
1x5 bar
1x3 +1/2 of working weight
3x5 working weight
>>
>>41138081
do both
>>
>>41138086
whats your bench
>>
>>41138116
30 kg / 66 lb
h-heh
>>
>>41138113
does cardio kill gains and a calorie deficit weaken lifts?
>>
>>41138130
Only if you take it to the extreme
Of course you won't progress on lifts very fast, or at all, when eating at a deficit, but there's no reason you can't gain some lifting experience and perfect technique in the meantime
>>
I decided to count my mires today from the time I walked out of the gym,got food and back to my room. I counted 17 mires. (Only counted them from girls I would fuck) it was usually the same thing
>looking ahead
>about to pass me
>quick look at my crotch
>look up at my face
>look at something on other side of me
How do I capitalize on this as unautistically as possible?
>>
>>41138153
thanks anon
>>
>>41138124
including the bar?
>>
>>41138229
yes
>>
>>41138176
not every girl who looks at you is miring. You can get looked upon for being weird, for being ugly, for being bored, from being curious... etc.

a true mire is followed by a look straight in the eyes and then a blush as they look away
>>
Should the back of my neck feel strained when I try to look up? I have been exercising my traps recently
>>
>>41138246
fuck me, i have similar lifts on your other stats but i can bench 90kg... i think i may have trained assymetrically
>>
>>41138264
Full breakdown:
Squat 52.5
Bench 30
Dead 65
OHP: 22.5
Row: 37.5

You can make a ratio out of 1/2/3/4. I picked the squat as 1.0 for simplicity.
OHP: 0.4
Bench: 0.7
Squat: 1.0
Dead: 1.3
>>
>>41138278
this is mine:
Squat:60kg
Bench:90kg
Dead:60kg
OHP:30kg
Row:40kg
>>
>>41138325
miring that upper body strenght
>>
>>41138339
for the average fitizen thats really shitty weights, i get bullied all the time when i post it. Like, if you bench less than 120kg you're basically a baby
>>
(noob question) How do I estimate the amount of calories I'm burning when I do a set of something?
>>
>>41138577
Don't worry about calories being burned from lifting. Only really count the calories being burned from cardio if you are doing it. And even then you are probably overestimating what is being burned.
>>
>>41138606
(dumb noob here) Am I wrong to try and make up for eating more than I should by adding an extra X number of sets or whatever over the course of the day on top of what I'm already trying to do?

Maybe I'm just looking at this or approaching this wrong way.
>>
>>41138262
Am I doing something wrong?
>>
i need to throw up right now

how
>>
>>41138721
>>>/b/
>>
>>41138744
idk if you're telling me to look at b to get grossed out or if you're calling my question /b/ tier (which i suppose it is)

just nothing works, poking my gag reflex, looking/thinking at disgusting shit, etc
>>
>>41128575

anybody? :(
>>
>>41138650
Better to err on the side of caution and underestimate what you are burning doing whatever work. That goes for bulking and cutting. So long as you are consistent and precise, and not necessarily accurate you can gauge and change your behavior to maximize your work. What matters is being consistent, if you are doing the same type of work out and the sets stay the same in volume and not necessarily intensity you can change accordingly. Don't sweat like 100 or so calories.
>>
I'm 5'8" and my torso is very long. If I stand on my tip toes to be 5'11 or so, I look very proportional.

I'm 21. My my mother's side is tall people, my father's is very short people.

Will I grow into my torso at all? Is there any hope of a couple inches in growth from my legs?

Does not being able to grow facial hair signal being a late bloomer?
>>
File: 1434434665278.png (199KB, 1200x1332px) Image search: [Google]
1434434665278.png
199KB, 1200x1332px
>>41138964
please answer me

I look like a man with little legs
>>
>>41132187
>>41126494
What do "bad knees" mean to you? "Knees perfect for long walks on someone who's overweight and with low bone density"?
>>
What are the best/your favorite affordable high-tier sources of antioxidants, particularly in spices and plants (since they are typically the highest value)?

As an asthmatic, what nutrients should I observe/supplement my consumption of to achieve greater respiratory flow?
>>
Need advice on stiffness in the morning (full body, not just dick). I work 12 hour shifts, and am so drained after work I have nothing left afterwards.

Best time for me to lift would be right after I wake up as I have more energy and it works better with my rtght time schedule. The only problem is after sleeping like a corpse I wake up very tight and stiff. I feel like I'm going to seriously injure myself. I need a way to loosen up pre work out that I can do quickly and half awake. I am looking into yoga, but I feel like I'm getting meme'd like crossfit. What do?
>>
>>41138964
your 21 ur gunan stay the same height little man

btw my mom is 5'9" and my dad is also 5'9"

so idk what you mean by tall
>>
Got some form of recurring pain on the inside of my calf that flares up whenever i try to run, not debilitating but very annoying.

Is it shin splints? I've been adding in calf exercises and stretching, but they don't seem to be helping. Should i just switch to cardio on the stationary bikes for a while?
>>
>>41139088
mom's side is all over 6 ft for the men.

grandpa is 5'10". I'm told guys who grow over 6' will grow into their 20s. Maybe I haven't hit my 'spurt' yet of a couple inches
>>
>>41139135
nope again ur short

>doesn't tell me parents heights

yeah assuming they are both shorter than mine, thats why u short, not because of gma or gpa or ur mums senpai or some shit
>>
>>41139066
I've been taking magnesium supplements recently, and tension release is a very pleasant effect of that.
I take 500mg every night, though that may be slightly over the UDL. You could get solid effects with less, I imagine.

My body is always lighter now. I wish I used this stuff when I lifted.
>>
>>41139066
>>41139257
I want to add, if you take it some time before heading to bed, it might improve your sleep quality since you will be less tense. It has done that for me.
>>
what the fuck my bros

its been 48 hours since i worked out but i still have doms

ive been lifting 6 months and this happens regularly

i know people say its safe to lift with doms but it just doesnt feel right my bros

is it definitely safe?
>>
>>41136959
Never said it was. All I am saying is that that Is in sustainable to diet from once your body fat gets low. If your 15% bf an trying to run on a 1000+ cal deficit it doesn't work. Your either lying about cals. Or kidding yourself about the bf%. Or your not lifting.
>>
I started lifting two months ago and read the sticky and I read threads here every day (dont have a life) but how come my bench is advancing MUCH faster than my squat?

I had a strong upper body from before but in two months I went from about 50kg bench to 65 5x5 but squat has gone from about 50 to barely 60 3x5, which is very heavy for me

shits weird
>>
Is this video accurate for the correct lat pulldown technique? Realised I have been doing it totally wrong, so will try it this way when I go today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEb-dwU3VF4
>>
>>41139475
It's safe to work out with DOMS. If it feels like an ache around the joints rather than in the muscles, get it checked out - that would be a reason for persistent pains.

If it's in your muscles though, make sure you're eating enough and giving yourself enough rest time (but not too much - I find if I take a few days off I get DOMS next time I lift).

If you're still getting them otherwise, just plow on through, your body is just doing its thing.
>>
>>41139041
I'm a big fan of blueberries. You can chuck them in with pretty much any breakfast, and eat a handful by themselves, and they taste great. They're expensive by fruit standards, but if you're careful, you can make a few last several days and still get a lot out of them.

Don't know about respiration, sorry.
>>
Alright lads, I've been doing SL for a month now and I've discovered that I'm not getting enough protein which is 160 g for my wieght. Should I start on Mass Gainer? Will it impede my fat loss with SL?
>>
>>41139041
Berries. Go pick them in the autumn, store in freezer, enjoy 'till next autumn.
>>
what /sip/ do I buy if there is no white 0 sugar one
my brain screams BUY /sip/ NOW
>>
http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/body-power-pro-style-dumbbells-55kg-x2.html?gclid=CMvgiIOAs9MCFUQq0wodTgUGfQ
has anyone used pro-style dumbells like this before? As it comes with 110kg worth of plates, is it possible to adjust the weights on the dumbells between exercises or are the clamps designed to only go on the end of the dumbbell (therefore meaning it can only realistically take the full weight)
>>
>>41126446
H A N D B I K E
>>
File: 1479193164625.jpg (129KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1479193164625.jpg
129KB, 640x640px
>>41140057
don't fall for the marketing bro sips a shit
>>41139981
Mass gainers are cheapass low quality protein with asstasstic amounts of sugar added. avoid
>>
How do I tell if my lifts are stalling from running out of noob gains or from running a deficit
I'm down 16kg since mid december, 100->84, 176cm.
Guessing mid 20's body fat
>>
>>41140471
First of all what do you consider stalling? The "new PR everytime you go to the gym" train has to stop eventually you know.

Question: Hangover cure food while cutting?
>>
>>41140511
Yeah that's what I think stalling is, atleast for what's been happening recently. is it worth it to swap to a split like PPL?

Always pint of water sipped while cooking 2 fried eggs on english muffins, tobasco+salt on the eggs.
Have a black coffee after the eggs and some panadol and i'm usually good to go.
Only 1000kj/227cal
>>
>>41140536
If youre tired of your routine you should swap, if not then just deload.

So take away some of the wieght and ramp up again.
>>
Why is weightloss so strange. Was stalled at same weight since end of March. Was 177 on monday. Am 172.5 this morning. That was my longest stall yet
>>
How to gain mass around neck? Should I just do shrugs for traps? I have a skinny neck, I'd like to make it bigger.
>>
>>41141019
Shrugs will help. There are dedicated necksercises you can do if you don't mind looking crazy, like neck raises and stuff.
>>
My goal is 180 pounds and 6% body fat, is this doable? I'm 5 foot 9 and 140 pounds now, so I'd have to gain 40 pounds
>>
>>41141134
Gaining 40 pounds of only muscle is doable, but it'll take a couple of years. Think about how much 40 pounds of muscle is, like.
>>
Need new program. Finding heavy triples is fucking my will to lift. Not sure if I have imbalances I need to correct. Can't be objective cause I'm frustrated. Current numbers:

> BW: 86kg
> Conventional Diddles: 205
> Sumo fake Diddles: 217
> Back Squat: 170
> Front Squat: 135
> Bench: 95
> OHP: 72 (lol I suck at them)
> Clean: 85 (lol I suck at them)
>>
>>41141265
I'm fine with taking time, as long as progress is steady
>>
i've been doing SS for a while now (still weak and will keep at it) and I was seeing oly weightlifting as a very obvious next step (and more of a sport instead of just lifting for """no reason"""") and was very motivated and excited, however, due to having literally 0 gyms that offer oly training and the fact that training oly lifts requires a big and expensive estructure, I can't do it, so I am a bit desmotivated. I have always enjoyed lifting but now it seems I don't have much of a goal I can reach, except for being thicc.
just wanted to get it out (;_;) but didnt want to create a thread for it
also suggestions of where i can go to after SS will be appreciated
>>
>>41126428
are workout machines really bad for bodybuilding
>>
>>41141399
Crossfit
>>
what are exercises you can do at home with 1.5kg, 5kg, 8kg dumbbells every day that wouldn't impede recovery and get in the way of your training routine (3x fullbody a week). Like forearm work or bicep work on rest days or something
>>
I am still at dyel weight but I seem to be stalling (trying to lose fat right now), if I incorporate cycling after lifting and my rest days will I not get past this stall, or will I even lose strength/muscle? Cycling is fun but idk if cardio would hurt me. Currently eating 1500 - 1600 cals a day which I think is a 500 cal deficit.

5'7 - 160 lbs, probably gonna try to lose another 10/15 lbs. Started out at 192 lbs but all of my lifts have still risen around 15 - 20 lbs.
OHP: 115 lbs 3x5
Bench: 155 3x5, I think I can hit 160 in a week or two
Squat: 225 3x5
Deadlift: 295 1x5, 325 1x2 (I think I can hit it for 3).
>>
>>41141501
made me kek and semi-activated my almonds
>>
>>41141612
I'm serious don't listen to these faggots of /fit. There is multiple ways to skin a cat. Do what motivates you
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.