[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fat/ - Weight Loss General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 358
Thread images: 44

File: 1269705165053.png (51KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1269705165053.png
51KB, 800x800px
What the fuck happened to dinnerposting?! edition

Old thread over 300lbs >>40919204

Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of /fit/ who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice that doesn't work for them or anybody. If you see something that contradicts what the sticky says, ignore it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
https://tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
https://www.myfitnesspal.com/
>>
First for IF dinners
>>
xnth for sips
>>
whom'stdth for man boobies
>>
tempted to just starve myself until I die, have nothing to live for anyway and I don't get hunger cravings anymore
>>
>>40925334
you wont die as long as you have fat on you.

feel free to starve yourself to a proper weight.
>>
>>40925334
I've seen these contraptions that feed liquid straight into your belly through your nose
it's like a backpack

success rate must be low with them because they aren't very common
>>
I have eaten nothing all day, I can't go to the bank, and all that I have in the house is a single honeybun.

This is what hell feels like.
>>
>>40925473
Drink water, anon.
Even Gandhi went a while without food.
>>
>OMAD since october, cutting as much sugars as I can.
>The cravings for added sugars are too strong. Fall off every time.

I said I was going to cut added sugar all week, but sunday is only half over and I feel like dying.
>>
I hate my life. Is low carb superior? Is there any truth to Good Calories Bad Calories? It seems like everyone is just arguing to sell you a different book.

How dumb is bulletproof coffee?
>>
How do you overcome food cravings, /fat/? I need help.
>>
>>40925713
Low carb good. Bulletproof coffee dumb.
>>
>>40925713
If you're this uninformed, just count calories. After a while you'll start to notice it's more worthwhile to eat 7oz of cucumber than 7oz of chips. Also: READ THE STICKY
>>
Can I make gains on keto or should I bulk first and then start keto?
>>
Who else /acidreflux/ here?

I've lost over half of my bodyweight and it's still just as bad as ever, I think overeating has permanently fucked up my body
>>
>>40925713
>>40925739
Stop buying the low carb meme. It literally causes heart disease and is always worse than high carb.

Go ask your doctor if you should start a diet that is known to raise your LDL cholesterol. He will say no, that will harm you.
>>
>>40925741
I get heartburn even when I don't eat
>>
>>40925716
chew gum
do IF
keep yourself busy
>>
>>40925713
Low carb raises your cholesterol and causes insulin resistance. So if you are trying to get diabetes, it works wonders.
>>
5'8 240
Should I fast until I'm a decent weight and then start working out?

I can easily starve myself pls give advice
>>
>>40925785
Lose 2 lbs a week. Start working out today.
>>
>>40925716
i smother all my food in black pepper so everything is delicious, no cravings later

also lots of water
>>
>>40925716

Either healthy substitutions or ignore and they go away.

>>40925741

I had to go to the hospital for acid reflux. Though this was back when I was in great shape. That shit is what it is bro. You might have ulcers. You should find out. I promise if you have ulcers getting that shit fixed will improve your life 10x.

>>40925713

Honest to god, 10 year olds understand nutrition better than people who read about it. A balanced diet with some carbs some fat a good amount of protein and lots of vegetables is the best fucking choice. Our bodies want all of them. It's the solution.
>>
File: 1477108405051.png (7KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1477108405051.png
7KB, 112x112px
>>40925784
>low carb gives you diabetes
hmm
>>
File: retarded.jpg (23KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
retarded.jpg
23KB, 600x484px
>>40925784
>>
>>40925785
What the other anon said.
Don't starve yourself, just eat at the right deficit to lose 2lbs a week. Start working out today to develop the habit and become knowledgeable on working out so it's easier when you hit your "ideal weight."
You can still gain muscle while cutting, especially if you don't work out.
>>
>making a big chicken and vegetable soup on today's calories
>going to eat it over a few days
SOMEBODY STOP ME, IM OUTTA CONTROL
>>
File: tfw fat.png (91KB, 543x413px) Image search: [Google]
tfw fat.png
91KB, 543x413px
>March 1st - 6'0" 290 lbs
>April 1st - 6'0" 275 lbs

Diet - Paleo /w Intermittent Fasting 1400 Calories a day.
30 minute Yoga Exercises 3x a week
Total weight loss: 15 LBS

Thoughts on my progress so far? Is it good or bad. Wanted to lose 20-30 LBS in one month. I'm switching over to Keto now for April.
>>
>>40925853
15lbs is really good, anon. Don't beat yourself up because it's not as much as you wanted.
Losing 30lbs in one month is kind of a lot.
>>
>>40925853
Its good dude. Keep up the good work, you'll be slim soon.
>>
>>40925853

No. Bad nigger. If you're seeing results you keep going with what's working until you stop seeing results. THEN you change things up.

Also seriously just eat a balanced diet with a decent calorie deficit. Ya'll make this shit too fuckin' hard.
>>
>>40925853
>30 minute Yoga Exercises
if this is anything like the yoga classes I've seen a 30 minute walk would probably be more helpful. 15lbs in a month is pretty good though since that's almost 4lb a week.
>>
>>40925853
wish I could still lose 15lbs in a single month
lucky if I can get half that
keep going m8
>>
>>40925853
30 lbs in a month would be a pound a day.

Looking at how a pound is 3500 calories that would be pretty hard to accomplish. Idk what your TDEE is, but that would definitly be quite the deficit especially if you arent spending literally every single day just swimming or running or whatever.

15 lbs is good progress Id say.
>>
>>40925853
Probably lost a lot of water weight if this was your first month. starts getting a bit slower here, 1-2 pounds a week consistently is a good rate.

Stick to what works. Unless you just detest IF

add walking and bodyweight exercises and you'll be golden for 3-4 months at least
>>
>>40925713
Fats make you fat.
Fats give you heart disease.
Fats aren't any more filling than unprocessed carbs or protein per the same caloric value.
You don't realize how much you need carbs until you're not allowed to have them.
Yes you need essential fats. About a spoonful a day.
>>
>>40925853
well you're doing paleo so are a complete and utter fucking faggot

>do you do crossfit too?
>>
>>40925997
Well crossfit gives you a nice physique as opposed to the fat fucks who do squats and deadlifts all day and try to convince themselves and everyone around them that aesthetics don't matter, it's all about strength!
>>
>>40925334
Tomorrow i finish my week long water fast (went from 262 to 250) . prior to that i was doing IF+psmf so i'm hoping not a major part of that was water weight, i decided to do this after watching Dr. Fung's Videos, depending on how i feel this month i might do the same thing for the last 7 days of each month

>Maintained my lifts
>beat my cardio PR (stairmaster)
>lost an inch of my belly
>>
>>40926016
>squats and deadlifts do give you aesthetics
>you would know this if you weren't obese

crossfit is the only thing gayer than paleo, my tubby little friend
>>
>>40925716
protein, fiber, eat before dinner to avoid night hunger pains, lot of water
>>
Im on a 1500 calorie cut since january 1st , lost 15kg . The problem is keep reading about starvation mode and that my body will get used to being feed 1500 calories . Is this true?
>>
>>40926101

Starvation mode isn't really true. Think about it this way:

If your body needs a bunch of shit, and it get some of it, why would it store that shit as fat. Storing and unstoring requires energy. It's inefficient compared to just using it now as needed.

As for your body getting used to 1500 calories, that's true in that you will feel less hunger at 1500 calories. But your body needs how much energy it needs. It can't create energy out of nothing so it'll have to take it from somewhere.

Look at it this way: Your body stores energy but not nutrients. Keep giving it the necessary nutrients, but let it get the energy from its stores rather than from food taken at the time.

If what you're doing is working, keep doing it.
>>
>>40926127
I'm more wasted than I thought
I shall attempt to read this again in a little while
>>
>>40926101
even is starvation mode were true you wouldn't hit it at 1500 no matter what kind of body type you are

based Dr. Now gives 800 lb patients 700-1000 calories a day diets and they are "fine"
>>
File: tempting post.jpg (396KB, 1238x2174px) Image search: [Google]
tempting post.jpg
396KB, 1238x2174px
>>40925761
>>40925784
>>
>>40926162
delet this
>>
>>40925292
Will losing weight (15 lbs) fuck up a pec tattoo?
>>
>>40925481
>Even Gandhi
what did he mean by this
>>
>>40926162
>>40926189
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLv8JiZhSGM

Reminder that this is what making it looks like
>>
>>40926213
don't understand people who fetishize food desu
>>
>>40926144
you are right . Thank you , was getting a bit worried
>>
>>40926204
Depending on how big you are maybe.
>>
dropped from 300 to 245 since xmas, still maintaining lifts other than squat because jumpers knee.

You faggots have no excuses, eat less.
>>
>>40925716
Literally learn how to water fast. It's a great way to learn how your body feels and how to manage cravings and false hunger. Coming up on hour 24 for me, longest has been 49 but I'm shooting for maybe 72 hours this time.
>>
>>40926511
>xmas
not going to make it
>>
>>40925292
Doing keto right now

finally getting the breathe changes
>>
I'm 174 lbs 5.68 ft, I want to lose weight and in future build muscle. Should I go lift or cardio or both?
>>
>>40926566
How's the constipation, headaches, and fatigue? Are you getting high cholesterol or diabetes yes?
>>
Do you guys think I will get so much excess skin i will need surgery? 5'10'' starting at 290 pounds ( currently around 260) I plan to keep going until 180 or so
>>
>>40926573
>5.68 ft
>.68 ft

lift
>>
>>40926588
cannot say
it's not the end of the world if you do
>>
Fuck. Feeling the chocolate craving but have a pretty closely budgeted calorie plan today. No big wiggle room like I usually have. Pray for me brothers. I will survive.

So tempted ot make protein brownies. Or maybe mix protein powder with plain yogurt. Does that work? What else would I need?
>>
>>40926588
probably not.
>>
>>40926669
mix cocoa powder with 0% fat yogurth
>>
>>40926577
Nope to all of those
I take a multi vitamin and drink chicken broth to get my electrolytes up so no constipation because i eat alot of fiber no headaches or fatigue.

not dying yet
>>
>>40926669
You do realize protein powder is full of calories on its own, right? Just stop eating sweets for a few days and the cravings will go away.
>>
>>40926728

I have. Just the occasional "Man I could really go for some chocolate right now" thing.

And I'm aware. Was considering switching up my remaining calories. Was gonna do pierogis which would pretty much hit it exactly. Was considering dropping those and doing yogurt and protein powder and maybe a couple pepperoni sticks to get me there instead.

Chocolate craving strong bruh. Don't worry I'll stay in my calories.
>>
been unusually lacking in appetite the past few days
hope it doesn't bite me in the ass later
>>
>>40926696
Go get your LDL cholesterol checked.
>>
>>40926101
starvation mode is basically of no importance. it is a somewhat last resort measure of the body and will set in very late. to quote: wiki

The magnitude and composition of the starvation response (i.e. metabolic adaptation) was estimated in a study individuals living in isolation in Biosphere 2 for two years. During their isolation, they gradually lost an average of 15% (range: 9–24%) of their body weight due to harsh conditions. On emerging from isolation, the isolated individuals were compared with a 152-person control group that initially had had similar physical characteristics. On average, the starvation response of the individuals after isolation was a 180 kCal reduction in daily total energy expenditure. 60 kCal of the starvation response was explained by a reduction in fat-free mass and fat mass. An additional 65 kCal was explained by a reduction in fidgeting. The remaining 55 kCal was statistically insignificant.[4]

only fatties in denial believe that starvation mode keeps them fat and unable to diet.

to trigger this you are one step above Catabolysis range where the body begins to cannibalize itself to prevent death due to organ/brain damage.

the only thing of starvation mode that is of impact is the increased hunger.

tl:dr it's the body responding to actual famine level starvation not weight loss diet, the effect is small around 200 cal/day.
>>
Cuts going really well. But I keep drinking every weekend but not binge eating so im staying under my TDEE but god damn this habit needs to go. What do bros
>>
File: frothingcheesecake.jpg (14KB, 350x229px) Image search: [Google]
frothingcheesecake.jpg
14KB, 350x229px
How low can you go with calorie input? I'm 6'2 and around 210lbs and I'm hovering around 1000 calories a day. I've mostly been eating eggs and meat with a multi-vitamin to help balance shit out.
>>
File: 1431973105107.jpg (60KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1431973105107.jpg
60KB, 500x375px
>>40925716
Playing videogames makes all my hunger go away, unless its been like 5 hours without eating.
At work I'm always busy so I don't have problems there.
>>
>>40926747
Non-fat quark, cocoa powder, liquid sweetener.
Viola, you have a good approximation of tiramisu filling that's low calorie and full of protein.
>>
>>40925784
Wht did he mean by this?
>>
>cheat meal turns into a cheat weekend.

Worst feel. Stayed on IF at least and didn't miss the gym.

Tomorrow is another day
>>
>>40926922
What the hell is 'quark'? The fucking jew alien from DS9?
>>
>>40926934
Type 2 Diabeetus is usually generalized by high insulin resistance that wont lower itself. Basically your blood sugar is always gonna be high with rots your body and mind.
>>
>>40926963
german word for curd cheese is that guy means that. very low cal lots of protons
>>
File: 1490838552916.png (371KB, 772x439px) Image search: [Google]
1490838552916.png
371KB, 772x439px
I think I got gyno and it's not fat in either case that's why I'm cutting. I'm eating 1500 calories a day with only 10% of it being carbs. I can't lose fat any other way for some reason. I workout 3 days a week for a total of 4.5 hours and work a lightly active job yet still doesn't matter. On 2200 calories I was maintains weight not losing. So I think if my metabolism is shit I have to lower calories it's the only way.

Just chewing sugar freegum and taking ephedrine and vaping nicotine for the hunger pangs.

Still 21% bodyfat.

If I cut to below 12% and I still have gyno I'm getting surgery. The plan is to make sure I actually have gyno so I can get it covered under medical insurance for pain and discomfort reasons.
>>
just found out my girlfriend has been cheating on me

must resist the urge to binge
>>
>>40927058
turn her into lampshades
>>
File: 2rw1cnk.jpg (65KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
2rw1cnk.jpg
65KB, 625x625px
>>40927058
Whoa whoa fucking whoa. Don't be a fat fuck remember when you're ripped to shreds and fucking her friends that whore will prob go hang herself.

Hate and anger is my only motivation. I hate this particular individual so much I want to look better and be stronger than I'm going to kick his ass. Jail time idc about
>>
>>40927058
better feed her those excessive calories instead. and make her fat Win Win and keep losing yourself (kg and gfs)
>>
Redpill me on fasting for weight loss /fat/. Not eating for a day and eating slightly above maintenances the other seems to be by far the most effective and least painful weight loss method for me. Yet my gymbros keep freaking out that I'll lose all my gains if I do that. Wot gives
>>
>>40927192
This is me
>>40927043

My bench dropped and my squat and deadlift went up. My body feels a bit harder in certain areas like Biceps and Triceps and quads.
>>
>buy a big bar of chocolate
>break off 1/8th of it a day and greedily eat each piece like the poor kid from willy wonka and the chocolate factory

surprisingly this solves my sweet cravings completely. probably because i force myself to savor it over time, instead of eating it all and not even tasting it like I used to.
>>
>>40926884
Bruh crash dieting won't fix the core of your weight problem. Eat at a reasonable deficit and exercise three times a week
>>
my left ribs protrude more than my right
do I have spinal problems?
my entire chest feels lopsided
>>
>>40927192
Read the sticky
>>
>>40927228
I'm trying to get around to 190 while also weening myself off sugar. I fully intend to adopt a more sustainable diet afterward.
>>
>>40927272
that's what they all say
>>
>>40927304
I figure that I'll reach my target in a month and by then my garden will start producing early spring greens and I'll be able to forage for ramps, morels, and fiddleheads.
>>
>>40927304
Why are you bullying this guy? I lost 80 lbs before and got to 165 lbs then stayed at 175 lbs for well over 4 years. I just did a dirty bulk over the winter and fucked myself over.

So case in point is my example.
>>
File: 1481324857969.jpg (95KB, 723x960px) Image search: [Google]
1481324857969.jpg
95KB, 723x960px
Lads, opinions/experiences about l-carnitine? I've lost 120 pounds so far and got 30 more I need to lose but I'm really not making anymore progress, I'm considering shit to boost me.
>>
>>40927342
find out your maintenance once you get to your goal weight and stick to it, don't go over
>>
>>40927352
drop your calories lower again
>>
>>40927348
grats
he's gonna do what he wants regardless
>>
>>40927058
Think about the better gf you can get when you make it lad.
>>
How far can I go with lifting and losing weight at the same time? Will I be able to make it to 1/2/3/4?
>>
>>40925716

Brush your teeth, it sounds autistic but it works.
>>
>>40927374
Only way I can lose weight is on a crash diet with next to no carbs I'm not even joking. My metabolism is autistic. That's how I lost those 80 lbs. But gained some back. Still had to go some days without any food at all but was poor at the time so mostly I went hungry because no money that's how I stayed 175 lbs.

Took about 6 months to go up to 212.
>>
is there any way to assess your bone structure/build while you're a fatass? my massive love handles cover up my hips.
>>
>>40925716
If I'm craving something I'll either have it in moderation or find substitutes for it.

Today I was craving white chocolate and bought a bar and had 1 piece of it. pretty much solved the craving altogether. If I get a craving for burgers I'll buy low cal bread and ground turkey and make one for myself.

Doing this has actually made me crave less in general, since I know that the "real thing" doesn't usually even taste much better than the substitute.
>>
>>40927628
what exactly do you want to know about your skeleton?
>>
>>40927628
doctors have this thing called x rays. it can see your bones and shit.
>>
ever since I hit 190 I'm seeing almost daily changes
or maybe I'm only just noticing them
but whatever, it's a good feel
>>
>>40927646
if the wideness of my waist will remain after i lose weight or if my hips are just super wide
>>
>>40927676
pics xx
>>
>>40926029
what is a water fast?
>>
>>40927634

I find this as well. One of my biggest, worst for me cravings is fried chicken. Fuck I love fried chicken.

So what I do is get some kind of seasoning and bake chicken legs in the oven.

It's legit as good. Just very slightly less lazy and gluttonous.

But I honestly don't particularly want to order fried chicken anymore after I do it. My other horrible craving is pizza. I just occasionally do a cheat day and order a pizza. Not often though.

Learn to substitute when you can, limit intake when you can't. It's all we can do.
>>
Third week on 1250 kcal diet (+ 5 mile runs every day), lost 7 pounds already.
>>
>>40928061
*broke the 1250 kcal twice by going to restaurants with co-workers and missed three or four runs due to various circumstances
>>
>>40927963
I poach chicken breast and then lightly sear both sides in oil. It's really fucking good.
>>
Just did my first day of weight training after doing cardio for a month and going on a 1500cal diet, my arms and chest hurt like fuck (in a good way)

I just want to get rid of these man tits
Will I make it?
>>
None of you know how torturous it is to have a gf who loves baking.
>>
>>40928201
I believe in your anon.
>>
How many calories does a baked chicken breast cutlet from Kroger have?

Everything I am seeing is telling me 110 but that is way too low.
>>
>>40927963
If you add some backing soda and salt to the chicken and let it rest over night on some kind of grid the skin will lose a lot of excess moisture and they will come out crunchier, gets pretty close to actual fried wings.
>>
>>40927427
Shit, that's brilliant.
>>
File: image.png (77KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
77KB, 640x1136px
still sticking to it /fat/ bros.

>if I ever make it to abs I will post a collage with all of the mfp entries and before/after pics
>not done eating today btw gonna have chicken breast and sweet potato fries for dinner
>>
>>40927427
>>40928299
I do this but with flossing. It's my mental threshold into no more eating for the day.
>>
>>40928275
How much does it weigh? Is it breaded and pre-cooked?
>>
>>40928275
Why not? Seems like its just pieces of chicken breast looking at google images.
>>
So here's what I do every other day.

I fill up a pot with about 1L of water, throw in a chicken stock concentrate, chopped up onions, celery, carrot, garlic, black pepper, and a whole bunch of spinach. I bring that to a boil, put in three chicken breasts, cover and leave it.

After 30 minutes I uncover it and fish out the chicken breasts, keeping the soup on the stove to reduce it a bit more.

As the soup reduces I eat the chicken with some BBQ sauce, then I have half of the soup, finishing the second half for supper.

Does this make sense? It tastes good.
>>
>>40925734
7oz of cucumber vs 7oz of chips is a pretty shit comparison though.

In terms of talking about low carb being beneficial or not you'd have to make a comparison that was more like 2 slices of bread vs 4oz of steak or 1/2cup pasta vs 4oz chicken, or if you wanted to directly compare calories, etc.
>>
>>40928329
What part of the "sense" of this is there to question? Are you staying under your calories and hitting your macros?
>>
>Want to lose weight so start SS
>Reach 1plate bench, but don't actually lose any weight
>Give up for a couple months
>Lose my gains
>Don't lose any weight

Fuck. Time to start over.

Should I be following a hypertrophy routine rather than plain SS? Are there any recommended routines to follow? Do I just do an SS routine but with less weight and more volume?
>>
the only thing about dieting I miss is I don't take big shits anymore, I miss the days when I would spend half an hour dropping logs
>>
>>40928375
>What part of the "sense" of this is there to question?
Basically I'm fishing for suggestions on how to improve this system which is serving me well so far.

>Are you staying under your calories and hitting your macros?
Yes and yes.
>>
>>40928386
Stop eating so fucking much and keep working out, how is this difficult?
>>
>>40928201
Are you me?

>>40928217
Oh yea IKTF
>>
>>40928367
I meant the cucumber vs chips thing as an example of how to eat better in general. I wasn't try to address keto specifically. Someone who has to ask such rudimentary questions (probably because they didn't read the sticky) can only learn by trial and error... Like realizing they can eat a whole cucumber for 45 cats instead of 4 potato chips
>>
FUCKING FAT NORMIES WITH GIRLFRIENDS

GET OUT

GET THE FUCK OUT
>>
>94.3kg yesterday night
>96.8kg this morning
>didn't eat/drink anything
>weighed naked each time

hmm
>>
>>40928288

That sounds incredible. I might just do that.
>>
>>40928386
Reasearch muscle memory. You will get back to the plate bench faster than you think.
>>
>>40928405
I know that any exercise is better than none, but I'm wondering what is best. Doing a strength routine doesn't take long, supposedly hypertrophy is better just because you keep it up longer? Or SS + cardio, and cardio on off days?

I can do whatever but doing strength training while on a deficit feels counter productive.
>>
>>40928474
This.

Honestly I was surprised as fuck. I lifted for two years between in 2013 and 2014, then I've had a two year break (changed jobs, moved countries... continents really).

I thought I've lost all my gains but I went back almost to my previous records within three-four months.

(then I had to do a proper cut so I did lose some of them...)
>>
>>40928498
How is it counter productive? You can make easy noob gains on a deficit.

By the way, if you weren't losing weight you weren't on a deficit.
>>
>>40925292
my mom just came into my room with a cup of cola, i have to go the gym at 5am, should i just wait a while and pour it out? im not even tempted to drink it i just took it to not be rude
>>
>>40928552
Talk with your mother about your diet.
>>
I drank 10 beers and about 4 shots last night, is this going to kill my progress?
>>
>>40928544
I'm trying to lose weight, not make gains. If a strength routine is best for that then I'm good, if hypertrophy is better then I'll switch. What is so hard to understand about my question that we have to have a conversation about it?
>>
>>40928609
i have, she even does my meal prep for me after i showed her exact measurements, but shes still a Hispanic mom and likes to come into my room with snakes and drinks, the snacks i always turn away, butt he drinks i just let sit at my desk. usually its hot tea with no sugar so thats good, but juice and soda im like errr...ty
>>
>>40928674
>snakes
Snacks
woo auto correct
>>
>>40928630
it won't help
if it makes you feel better i went 4 days without tracking food and with tons of booze due to a stressful period of school/then a 1000mile drive that resulted in 16lb of water/fat weight and it'll probably be a week before i'm back to where i was.
>>
>>40928674
I'd like to bend over your mom's fat brown ass and unleash my anglo cum into that Latina pussy
>>
>>40928654
What's hard to understand is you not losing weight and thinking it's because of your routine. Your line of thinking going into this is wrong and if you continue this way you'll never make any progress. Your problem isn't the exercise it's the food you eat. The routine won't matter.

>>40928674
That's rough, seems like Hispanics might be one of if not the most unhealthy race. Maybe you can explain how drinking calories is the easiest way to gain weight and tap water is the best solution. Or encourage her to get you new treats since she likes to dote, like sparkling waters?
>>
>ate a cheat meal for the first time since I started trying to lose but still waaay under my 3k kcal goal

feels weird man
>>
>>40926511
no offense but talk more when you reach the 100s, weight loss becomes incredibly hard the less you have to lose. i'm jealous of all you fatties who manage to lose 15 pounds a month.
>>
>>40928739
that's because you eat 3k fucking calories a day. grown men eat that to gain weight.
>>
>>40928722
But I'm not asking for input on my diet. I'm sorry for confusing you by mentioning it in the first place.

If you don't know the answer to the question, you could just stop replying.
>>
i've been an ultra good boy this week. I'm getting 200 calories soft serve ice cream
>>
>>40928722
its weird because shes pretty thin, so is my sister, im the only lard ass in the family.
>>
>>40928789
lmao, my TDEE is like 4600. It's because I'm tall and fat
>>
File: 1491050281493.jpg (83KB, 1040x1174px) Image search: [Google]
1491050281493.jpg
83KB, 1040x1174px
So fucking hungry right now. Fuck sakes.
>>
>>40928903
Eat some carrots, or broccoli, or a bowl of brown rice, or brussels sprouts, or a spinach salad, or celery, or green beans.

There's plenty of healthy foods that add minimal calories to snack on. No reason to sit around hungry.
>>
>>40928903
I find that picture ironic because peanut butter is my diet saviour. One teaspoon is 30-40 calories, so I can have one or two if I'm hungry and I'm good until my next mealtime without ruining my deficit. Although I buy unprocessed peanut butter with normal macros, not JIF.
>>
>>40928982
>using fats as in-between meal snacks
Classic fattie. Never change.
>>
>>40925967

Stop spreading your BULLSHIT vegan propaganda in every fucking /fat/ general

fuck off srsly
>>
>>40929103
AHA is apparently part of the vast global vegan conspiracy then?

Fats have nothing to do with veganism. You don't have to slather butter on your food to be a non-vegan.
>>
How good are body-weight exercises for weight loss?
Currently 175cm (5'9") and 78kg (180lbs), I've being doing push ups and such for the last 2 months 3 times a week, I haven't checked my weight because it gives me anxiety, but people are already noticing and can fit in old clothes I couldn't when I started
>>
I lost 10lbs this last month, I don't do soda or juice, but gonna cut out all alcohol, and just drink water and plain green tea. I don't eat a whole lot, almost never snack but I know I need to up my protein, can anyone recommend a good protein powder with not a lot of sugar? I also do yoga 6 days a week at least 30 min, and Russian twists, and squats with 45lb (femanon). I'll be starting a new job Monday so that'll take care of my cardio 6 days a week. But I think other than kefir I'm going to cut dairy, because I have a sensitivity and I think inflammation from it is not helping.
>>
>>40928329
OPOSAD
one pot of soup a day genius
>>
Anyone know what the best Fasting app is? It's not necessary but it can be useful.

On Android btw.

Also anyone have good info on leptin? My metabolism has definitely down regulated.
>>
>>40929127

it's more in the long scheme of things it's entirely irrelevant if you eat vegan or just a healthy balanced diet involving all macronutrients.

yes, we've all seen the same study that gets posted here ad nauseam about lower incidence of CVD & cancer in vegans, there's also studies showing increased mortality the higher your carbohydrate intake goes up.

what everyone fails to consider is the scale of the increase or decrease.

what you find is the change is almost always insignificant, and the results are almost always overhyped.

shit like CVD, cancer, blood pressure, and cancer are primarily genetics; i.e. you could eat like a spartan and exercise daily and still have high BP & cholesterol.

cancer is RNG; I know smokers and drinkers who lived till 95 before dying of organ failure and I know vegetarian marathon runners who got cancer in their 30s. genetics again.

eat whatever you want as it keeps your biomarkers in check.

ultimately, just take care of your body the route you take isn't actually relevant.
>>
Tonight is my last rest night, i cant wait to go back to the fucking gym omfg being home alone with no friends or anyone to talk to was driving me insane
>>
>>40928439
Seriously how do they do it. I guess chad can be fat and still get laid while I could be thin and be incel.
>>
>>40929194
any exercise is good for weightloss but cardio is king.
>>
>>40929387
STEVEN has a HAREM OF NURSES and chows down on PIZZA while you struggle to IF and lose weight.

It's JUST NOT FAIR BROS.
>>
>>40929512
He has gotten more contact from females except from family than I ever have.
>>
>>40929473
Yeah, I've been thinking about doing cardio in between, I wish I had more time though
>>
>don't work out for 3 weeks
>go to lift weights today
>wind up OHP'ing just the bar
>loost all strength
>tfw
>>
>>40929620
why did you not workout for 3 weeks?
>>
File: face gains.png (660KB, 1096x533px) Image search: [Google]
face gains.png
660KB, 1096x533px
remember lads

You WILL make it
>>
>>40929683
why did he stop wearing glasses when he lost the weight?
>>
>>40925292
Current chubby dude here

If you have really strong will power, do PSMF

>240 in January
>6'1 32% BF
>spent 9 weeks on diet, 2 weeks off, been back on for another 2 week
>200 now
>21% BF

Diet consists of all protein everyday, no carbs and no fat if possible. Max is 20 for each. Depending on category you get cheat meals/refeeds every week

Honestly it's seem worth it
>>
>>40929333
You really think smoking doesn't cause cancer? Then I don't know what to tell you. You are an anti-science fool and probably think the earth is flat, the moon landing was fake, and the FBI has proof big foot exists.
>>
File: 06b.jpg (24KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
06b.jpg
24KB, 300x400px
>>40929333
>eat whatever you want as it keeps your biomarkers in check.
I thought you said that everything is primarily genetics and nothing I do will give me cancer. Why do these weird sciencey biomarkers matter all of a sudden?

It's almost like you're being an inconsistent hypocrite.
>>
>>40929697
Better facial aesthetics. I do this too.
>>
So what's a good lifting routine for a fatty? Should I just go SS?
>>
File: pepe 2.jpg (80KB, 800x682px) Image search: [Google]
pepe 2.jpg
80KB, 800x682px
>>40929710
This is fucking retarded. Why on earth would you do that to your body. How the fuck are people this dumb still alive.

I know you're trying to kill yourself with the whole controlled starvation thing, but please spare us and stop posting your idiotic ideas on here and go buy a gun to move things along.
>>
>>40929729

hmm? the question is the road to being healthy isn't relevant. not being healthy isn't relevant

t b h i think you just fell victim to wanting to make a specific meme reply and tried to tailor fit it to my post.

which contextually doesn't make sense.

good effort, 3.5/10.

>>40929717

nope didn't say.
>>
>>40929752
yes.
>>
>>40929755
Fuck off, I've been fat for 10 years and I would rather do this then suffer for a year or two to get skinny. It's working great and I haven't had any problems, what exactly do you think is gonna happen?
>>
>>40929781
>a year or two to get skinny.
You've been fat for 10 years, making excuses every single day, yet you absolutely need to be thin in 4 months instead of 8? It won't take 1-2 years if you put even a modicum of effort in.

>what exactly do you think is gonna happen?
You end up in the hospital anemic or malnourished, or you contract a pneumonia or flu while your body is seriously compromised and die. Or you completely fuck up your liver. Or lose consciousness from acute hypoglycemia.

Not to mention the constipation, insulin resistance, and chronic fatigue you're pretty much guaranteed to get.
>>
>>40929781
Why the fuck would you not just eat a portion controlled healthy diet?
>>
File: 1483616610219.jpg (31KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1483616610219.jpg
31KB, 601x508px
>>40929861
because I saw an article on a website that said this is the best method to lose weight and it's 100% safe so I know it's true cuz the website said so. You guys are all just jealous!!!11
>>
>>40929710
That proven yo-yo diet tho. Please post on /fat/ again when you gain all the weight back so we can tell you we told you so.
>>
>>40929854
His body stored weeks worth of energy that he can live off of. Then he goes protein heavy, calorie light, takes vitamins and mostly lives off his fatness.

Doesn't sound that unreasonable.
>>
god damnit I am such a little bitch. I just need to cut like 20 lbs and I am fucking it up.
>>
>>40929650
lots of overtime available at work
>>
>>40929854
>You've been fat, making exuses every single day, yet you absolutely need to be thin in 4 monthes instead of 8?
Yes, Im sick of being a blob and haven't felt this great in my body ever. If I had known being skinny was so light I would have done it ages ago and I want to be thinner now
>anemic, malnourished, flu and die, hypoglycemia, constipation, insulin resistance, chronic fatigue
So far I haven't had any of these problems, even if I restrict all over others calories I still try to get 20g carbs and 20g fat everyday plus supplements. The book explained all of this, and explained when to stop. I don't see the problem
>>40929861
Takes too long for now. Once I get down further I'll switch to a normal diet, but right now I want less BF
>>
>>40925853
You're doing great man. Don't get discouraged, just keep going at it.
>>
>>40929925
>a
It isn't unreasonable at all many people have done it with great success and kept the weight off. Don't know why they are being such bitter phaggots.
>>
>>40929964
see, thats why i got a sponsor to pay for my gym. i quit my job so i can focus on weight-loss
>>
>>40929972
You know you're losing muscle + fat right? You're not just losing bodyfat.
>>
>>40925716
i'm not fat so maybe it won't work for you, but i literally don't get hungry taking oxyshred in the morning

even after heavy workouts/ cardio
>>
>>40930057
Every diet with a decent calorie deficit pretty much.
>>
>>40930057
I can tell, but honestly I was so fat I don't care. If the measurement is right, I've lost 7 pounds of muscle and 33 pounds of fat. Once I start working out that should go back to average if I went below it. I was never fit before
>>
TFW 25 lbs down but still fat as fuck.

>Job on my feet most of the day
>Eating like shit though

It's so damn hard to cut the shit food. Just gotta sack up and do it.

So sick of having my stomach hurt at night because I eat way too much.

>Pic is my face when i'm disappointed in myself.
>>
>>40925292
weighed myself today. down 34 pounds since jan 19th. no longer medically obese. Sick as fuck with a respiratory infection and can't get to the gym, but it still made my day. We're all gonna make it, fatties!
>>
I lost 4 lbs, ( water yeah i know ) but im already starting to feel better, my body is feeling stronger then it did last week.
>>
>>40925292
redpill me on inverse diet ? what if i have a fucked up metabolism and suddenly binge ? my body is going to storage all of that shit ?
>>
Lost 15lbs since i started eating at a deficit. Last month.

1400 cal a day. Lift 3 times a. Week with SL. I feel motivated. In 3-5 weeks should be sub 300 lbs. Holy fuck.
>>
File: 20170403_045813.jpg (689KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170403_045813.jpg
689KB, 2048x1152px
FUCKING HOLD ME, /FAT/

>be dieting for a month and jogging 3 times a week
>too shy to go too gyn yet, training with dumbells at home
>finally decide to go to gym for lifting
>drive up to gym at 4 am
>4 chads are visible trough the glass walls, training in the free weights area
>self esteem implodes
>drive off
>get pic related

I am scum and should an hero :(
>>
File: 1390350228324.gif (2MB, 250x381px) Image search: [Google]
1390350228324.gif
2MB, 250x381px
>>40930343
>he even bought a fucking pie to go with it
>>
>>40930343
go back, yes they will judge you, yes they will mock you ( not openly) but if you keep doing you and going and showing progress they will stop and prob give you a nod of approval eventually. Im still using just the bar for free weights because i cant lift very much, but idgaf im there for me
>>
>>40930343
that shows how high your ego is that you think you should be comparable to those guys who spent years training and have discipline in their diet, those guys should be your role models and goals even if they are roiding, you shouldnt be intimidated by them because you are no where near close competing with them
>>
File: WojakSuicide.png (29KB, 882x1289px) Image search: [Google]
WojakSuicide.png
29KB, 882x1289px
>>40930373
>>40930375

I am not even a hamplanet, I am 118 KG with a fair amounf of muscle because I trained a lot when i was not a depressive alcoholic I even looked good and got girls. The more it hurts to see how far I have fallen you know?

Its like being extra stupid, having it all and giving it away like an idiot. Like the fucking idiot I am.

Gonna calculate what I just ate
>>
>>40930398
this, sometimes you just have to accept they are currently, ''better'' than you and you just have to use it as motivation
>>
File: 1390350506570.gif (1MB, 200x127px) Image search: [Google]
1390350506570.gif
1MB, 200x127px
>>40930405
Oh well, better get some more fast food to ease the pain.
>>
Fatty here. I weigh 240. Shooting for 2000 calories a day. A have a bit of a hurdle. I work at walmart and while it is very easy to find fresh fruits and salads and I do, I tend to have a lunch 6 hours into a shift. So after commute I am looking at 7 hours between breakfast and lunch. This makes it very difficult not to pig out. What could I eat that will hold my hunger the longest? Need something with lots of protein, fiber and complex carbs. (or is it simple?)
>>
>>40930428
kitties are so cute

look how smart he is
>>
>>40930451
how tall are you bitch tits? 2k sounds high
>>
>started doing excercice and cutting 1 month ago
>only purpose of each day is going to the gym and eating my meal after that
>feel like shit on weekends since uni gym is closed
>actually like mondays now

I straight up feel like Patrick Bateman in AP's opening scene. But overweight of course.
>>
File: 1486187547544.jpg (69KB, 1719x1719px) Image search: [Google]
1486187547544.jpg
69KB, 1719x1719px
>>40930428

No. Thats what I would have usually done, I would have panicked and thrown the whole diet.

It was just 1630 kcal and I only ate a banana today before which means I am still in a negative.

Its not that bad.
I will try again to force me into the training tomorrow.

What mantra should I repaet in my head when going into the gym, feeling like a POS?
>>
>>40930398

Yeah my high ego is a fucking problem of mine.

How do I reduce it?
>>
File: 1488482935432.jpg (49KB, 559x558px) Image search: [Google]
1488482935432.jpg
49KB, 559x558px
>>40930476

Also known as Patrick Ateman aka American Fatso
>>
>>40930495
kek actually pretty clever lad
>>
File: 1366776275380.jpg (1MB, 1000x1504px) Image search: [Google]
1366776275380.jpg
1MB, 1000x1504px
>>40930486
Sheer force of will, obviously.
>>
>>40930469
5'9", going with the calculator. Should lose a bit less than a lb a week.
>>
File: 20170402_202838.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170402_202838.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Sweet potato pancakes. 500 cal, 35g protein, 74g carb, 8g fat. Plus 40 cal in sugar free syrup.
>>
>>40930486
They have been working on their bodies longer therefore they are more fit, so you should humble yourself and work jsut as hard and be patient
>>
File: 1385977968513.gif (888KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1385977968513.gif
888KB, 220x220px
>>40930528
>Sweet potato pancakes
Sounds great. That being said, I don't think there's anything that would destroy my diet more than starting to make pancakes.
>>
Worked at Dairy Queen for 2 years and went from 160 to 205.. at a younger age I was 220 and lost the weight to 160.
Decided end of January I want to be 135 by xmas. Currently went from 205 to 185. Slow progress but I'm staying under 1200 cal a day.
Think I can do it?
>>
>>40930554
You should the answer already.
>>
File: breakfest.png (229KB, 764x858px) Image search: [Google]
breakfest.png
229KB, 764x858px
>>40930552
1/2 a serving, freezable breakfast. Taste great, makes a nice amount too.
>>
>>40930552
this
I make eggs with cheese and peppers for breakfast
>>
>tfw gave in and overate today
>>
>>40930648
Exercise.
>>
>>40930648

How many cals did you over eat?

Its very important to know that
>>
Am i an idiot for thinking im too fat to do a burpee, i cant even do a press up
>>
>>40926029
>>40927939
a fast where you consume nothing but water (at least 1 gallon a day) and of course your supplements like fish oil and multivitamins

It can last anywhere from 1 day, to weeks or even months, Dr. fung uses the example of someone who went on a 21 day water fast and lost almost 100% fat.

This only works for fatties tho, if you're within 30lbs of your target weight, it isn't for you
>>
>>40928448
it has to be your scale, Conservation of mass my man
>>
>>40925716
eat dicks, works everytime
>>
File: 1488950509153.jpg (59KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
1488950509153.jpg
59KB, 640x426px
>>40925292

What is YOUR motivation right now to get in shape, /fat/?

Mine is to finally fit in my brownshirt uniform and look edged in it
>>
>>40930932
looking good for grindr
>>
>>40928448
osmosis. :)
>>
>>40930932
I just want energy, be able to sit or crouch down while i work without squeezing my gut and just be generally healthy. Being able to run more than 500 feet without gassing would be nice as well. Just tired of being fat.
>>
>>40925292
Day 2 of not eatting before bed
>>
>>40925784
Really makes ya think huh
>>
>>40930992

This. The general fitness part is almost more important than the looks.

Life is just not enjoyable when you start wheezing after going upstairs.

>>40930968

Are you fat or just chubby?

I have the feeling that gays are much more picky than women considering the looks of their partners
>>
>>40930987

explain
>>
File: 05728b1a9757ba0bc1defdfc727e54f4.jpg (130KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
05728b1a9757ba0bc1defdfc727e54f4.jpg
130KB, 1024x576px
>>40931017
>>
>>40929710
fellow psmf bro here, i'm with you too, started doing psmf when i was 360. got to around 280 and then i had a pretty fucked up back injury from a car crash, spent 5 months eating whatever i wanted but the knowledge that i got from reading lyle's mcdonald psmf book(calories n shit) taught me enough to not go back to my old habits

gained only 10lbs in 5 months, which i lost in like 3 weeks after i started my diet again lol.

i'm at 250 now, it's true that this diet isn't for everyone, but if it works for you, don't listen to people. diets like this get a bad rep because 90% of people fail, but damn that's the best bet i've taken in my life.
>>
>>40930932
To take off my shirt in public.
>>
>>40931040

I hope you live in a tropical climate, otherwise it could come across pretty autistic I fear
>>
>>40931024
Underrated
>>
>>40931067
pools, summer, ect. Was always embarrased as a kid. I wore a full shirt + jeans to a water park fieldtrip. and every time my elementary classes went to the local pool
>>
>>40925334
Just go on 1.4-5k kcal a day. You'll be fine
>>
>>40931082

Lol same here, are you autistic/sperg as well?

Even hid when I was fit 6 years ago
>>
>>40928391
Clogging the toilet the day after eatting a ton of fasf food was the best. Like when shit would pile up oit of the water
>>
>>40931109
Always had rock bottom confidence because of my weight. Always wanted to lose it all my life. Discovered /fit/ lost most of it within 6 months. Couldn't get to my dream of being lean enough to take my shirt off and lost all my motivation. Going to try again.
>>
>>40931135

How much did you gain back?
>>
File: 151.35135121.jpg (42KB, 547x471px) Image search: [Google]
151.35135121.jpg
42KB, 547x471px
>>40931129
>visited my sister when she was living in the dorms on campus
>her dorm had a shared bathroom with her neighbor
>took a big shit, got clogged.
>sister thought her neighbor did it, Her neighbor thought I did it
>Neither would plunge it
>eventually a janitor came out
>lasted for weeks
>>
File: 1489362185216.png (809KB, 834x900px) Image search: [Google]
1489362185216.png
809KB, 834x900px
>>40931153

kek I hope it was a good swampy morass shit.

That crawls slowly on the floor like mustard gas
>>
File: 2015-11-16 11.33.29.jpg (382KB, 1404x936px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-16 11.33.29.jpg
382KB, 1404x936px
>>40931143
My lowest was 185 last time I tried. All time lowest was 175 I think, now 228. Pic is 190 I think.
>>
File: 1468033273228.jpg (1MB, 2079x2953px) Image search: [Google]
1468033273228.jpg
1MB, 2079x2953px
>>40930932
get fuccboi status
aka lose this gut i've had since late middle school. I'm ~40 lbs overweight and stagnated here for many years, finally decided to do something about it.
>>
thinking of gastric bypass desu.
>>
Hey friends. I'm currently 6'1 265 cutting at 1700 cals a day. I do two lift days followed by 2 cardio days (45min elliptical with 10 min treadmill and 10 min bike) then a rest day, repeat. Some days I follow my cardio days with more swimming. I want to burn more cals, is it gonna kill my lifting gains if I swim a half hour or more every day?
>>
>>40931172

Doesnt look bad at all m8, you got as many stretchmarks as I do, gives me hope actually.

Will just get them tattooed over with an expesnive japanese one picture color tattoo when I am swole

>>40931178

Well you will find out that its not as great as you think it is, but as always everybody has to experience it himself
>>
>>40929710
also PSMF. it's a great diet plan especially if you have willpower. budgeting out ~500kcal meals with 100g of protein everyday. added benefit in that you happen to cheat you usually still end up under maintenance. its fantastic really. eating on PSMF gives me appreciation for how much i could eat without gaining weight once the diet is over and my TDEE is ~1600 or so.
>>
>>40925853
Really? Dude that's fucking awesome. Nice.
>>
File: 2016-01-06 05.10.33.jpg (259KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-06 05.10.33.jpg
259KB, 960x960px
>>40931209
>Doesnt look bad at all m8, you got as many stretchmarks as I do, gives me hope actually.

That was maximum flexing and hold stomach in. I really looked like shit. flabby and huge love handles. I really want to make it this time.
>>
>>40931215

>TDEE 1600

what
>>
>>40931232

Could get 9/10s with that body if you are confident, interesting and got a decent face.

Not on tinder of course but in the so called real life
>>
File: 1468029563072.gif (659KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
1468029563072.gif
659KB, 500x341px
>>40931209
Well, I used to be a bit underweight when I was younger, about ~7-8, which was due to undiagnosed type 1 diabetes, so I have a little experience with being at a normal / slightly lower weight. I think I'll enjoy it more than this gut at least!
>>
Great stuff... Really.
>>
>>40929262
Pretty much any whey isolate will be pure protein, maybe a few carbs. I've never actually seen a protein powder with sugar in it. Go to Costco or wherever and just read nutrition information, and don't get vanilla ever. Fuckin disgusting. Also post topless pectoral muscles
>>
>developed giant painful cyst on genitals
>can't walk properly
>can't exercise either

how should I end it
>>
I'm 5'9. I weigh like 230 pounds and I wanna kill myself I have some stretch marks on my stomach and it fucking sucks. Starting a diet is the difficult part for me, sticking to it is easy.
>>
>>40931244
>drain cyst
>let heal
>resume exercise
>>
>>40931244

What kind of cyst?

I guess one in your balls? I got the same, my ex gf detected it in 2012 when it was as big as a pinhead. I first thought it was cancer but googled a bit and self diagnosed that it was a benign cyst. Now its as big as a marble. But as long as it doesnt bother me I wont get it removed because that could actually cause you being impotent.
If it hinders you in any way you have to get it removed, theres no way around this.
>>
>>40930932
To not destroy my knees anymore snowboarding, and be able to jump around on my mountain sled more nimbly. Going down 100lbs is going to increase my performance in both activities astronomically
>>
File: 666666666666666666.png (942KB, 929x935px) Image search: [Google]
666666666666666666.png
942KB, 929x935px
>>40931239
>Could get 9/10s with that body if you are confident
Bit of an oxymoron for me. My self-image has been wrapped up on my body for my entire life, I can't separate them easily. Face is whatever
>>
Is EC stack a meme or does it work?

About to buy Bronkaid from CVS stop me
>>
>>40931309
Maybe don't make that faggoty face, you faggot.
>>
>>40931309

you look sad :(

>>40931307

Good luck my friend
>>
>>40931323
fite me
>>
Hello people. You can all make it, and I believe in all of you. I was in the 30 bmi club and I am now 17%, with more to come, and it happened in 3 months. If I can do this, so can you! Batten down the hatches brothers, and bear out the storm for a brighter, lighter future
>>
>>40931326
Thanks brah. We all gonna make it. Down 16 lbs in 6 weeks, hoping for 185 by winter time
>>
>>40931202
you'd be better off just dropping the cut amount and doing more cardio at the same time if you want to reduce cal count. you dont need 1700, go for 1200. or PSMF with the champs at 600
>>
SUMMER BOD WILL BE READY BY END OF MAY!!!!
>>
>>40931405
Congrats man!

>tfw summer body will be ready by the end of summer
>>
Anyone use DNP? I cycled on it once and the heat wasn't bad until I got home. What are ways to cool off besides sitting in a cold shower?
>>
File: 1490895158903.jpg (182KB, 846x496px) Image search: [Google]
1490895158903.jpg
182KB, 846x496px
>>40931405
>tfw summer bod will be ready when i lose another 80lbs and build enough muscle to the point that i'm confident with my loose skin
>>
>>40925292
>not gonna make it to my goal body before summer
>>
>>40930857
thanks
>>
What is the best way to make rolled oats taste good?
>>
>>40931597
AC and fan?
>>
Ok /fat/, i did it. I actually did it.
I bought a gym membership. But now the anxiety is kicking in. What if i don't know how to start the treadmill?
>>
>>40931689
mix in half a tbsp of peanut butter, that's half a serving so around 90cals if you're using natural Pb, and some chocolate protein powder, works wonders for me
>>
Just quit all dairy see what happens within a week
>>
I've lost 100+ lbs and I'm now down to the last 20.

I haven't actively been trying to lose weight in a while and now I'm trying to knock this out. Is there a reason why this last bit has been hardee than the 100 lbs before it?
>>
>>40931781

Smaller calorie deficit?
>>
>>40931689
Mix a scoop of protein powder into it.
>>
anyone tried the 'requiem for a dream' diet?
>>
>>40931761
Get out you mentally ill vegan faggot
>>
>>40930932
My self-esteem is directly connected to my appearance. I'm tired of feeling like shit, being afraid to even leave the house, especially at the summer.
>>
>>40931830
This.
>>
>>40931689
Teaspoon of brown sugar adds just enough flavor
>>
File: 1488208233602.jpg (211KB, 1455x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1488208233602.jpg
211KB, 1455x2048px
>>40931818
Im not even suggesting you to give your meatballs. Give up the dairy see what happens. Y
You will have an eternal battle if you cant change your diet and only try to starve yourself while eating dairy etc.
>>
>>40930932
The usual self esteem, feel good, etc

But I'm a euro fag. I want to be able to not worry if i can buy clothes that fit. If you are above a 44 inches waist in my country, good luck getting clothes. I don't know how a 400lb American would be able to dress themselves over here
>>
>>40928439
What can I do anon, girls love me even if I'm fucking weird and fat.
>>
>>40929387
I'm by no means Chad I lucked out
>>
>>40931761
fuck that I want my greek yogurt
>>
>>40931749
Anyone?
How do i not spill spaggethi?
>>
>>40931761
>implying cottage cheese and greek yogurt aren't the best cutting food there is
>>
>>40931275
It is recommended to not pop/drain it, I could shove the infection further into me and even mess with my bloodstream. No thanks.

>>40931279
It's on the inside of my outer labia. It's the size of a walnut now. I'm going to try and have a doctor look at it soon, but the pain turbo sucks. It's always being disturbed since it is sandwiched between other fleshy bits.

Hopefully it pops on its own and fixes itself. I've left it alone so far.
>>
>>40931781
yeah, tons. I'd recommend Lyle Mcdonald's stubborn fat solution.
>>
>>40930343
As a man with REAL social anxiety I don't understand this it all.

Going to a drive through LITERALLY requires vastly more human interaction than going to the gym.
>>
>>40932024
Nobody cares about you in the gym. Nobody looks at you. Everyone's listening to music, or thinking about some hot ass.
>>
>>40932054
But what if i do something wrong and everyone one is laughing at me?
>>
>>40932050
it's not the interaction they are afraid of it's the proximity to other people for extended periods of time.

>>40932061
Then you learn from your mistake like a goddamn adult.

No one is going to laugh at someone legitimately trying.
>>
>>40932061
You'll build character.
>>
>>40932069
>No one is going to laugh at someone legitimately trying.
That's not what /fit/ told me
>>
If you're making a dish from scratch, how do you count the calories? Is it really just simple addition of everything you used, or does it get more complex than that?
>>
>>40932054
I know that it's important to tell people this for psychological reasons but it's factually untrue.

I laugh and look down at people all the time and so do my gym buddies.
>>
File: 1341104631986.jpg (79KB, 832x598px) Image search: [Google]
1341104631986.jpg
79KB, 832x598px
Does 7 days a week of intense cardio (drenched in sweat after an hour and feeling the need to vomit the whole time) plus 3 days a week weight lifting sound like an adequate amount for fat loss? According to averaging out several TDEE calculators, I should be burning about 1900-2000 cals a day so I'm cutting at 1400, but somehow I'm paranoid I'll still be gross in a month.
Am I just being paranoid?
>>
>>40932091
To get a properly accurate result you'd need to account for the bioavailability factor depending on the heat treatment for each of the ingredients separately but few meatheads do this.

That's why it's easier to get accurate results with raw food.
>>
>>40932086
After years of training in gyms I've only ever seen someone being laughed at once. It was by a Chad and a Stacey who was doing meme of meme workouts. The guy didn't know they were being laughed or hear them but i did. They were just cancerous people.

Every time I've seen in a fat guy training and having really poor form, one of the swolest guys in the gym would go over and help him. Majority of swole guys in the gym want to encourage people not laugh at them
>>
>>40932091
>tfw you are cooking and forget that butter multiplies the caloric content of your meal by 1.5
>>
>>40932091
Weigh every ingredient on a kitchen scale, find the caloric value of the amount for each ingridient's weight and then total it up.
If it's like a big casserole or something that will have left overs, weigh the whole thing once it's done.
The entire casserole = amount of calories total for all ingredients.
Then, as you serve yourself some, weigh that too, and 8th grade fraction math that shit up until you know the calories per serving.
>>
>>40932116
How wide is the margin, typically? And how would you account for the bioavailability factor in the first place? I'm also curious on the science side of why this happens, but you don't have to explain it.

>>40932137
Butter is evil. A delicious evil.

>>40932140
Noted, thanks.
>>
>>40932143
look up some bodyweight exercises and/or cardio

at your weight you could do jump rope HIIT pretty easily I think
>>
>>40932113
you really shouldn't take into account the calories burnt through exercise unless you're a lean guy trying to make gainz, this is why people say cardio kills gainz, lean guys trying to make gainz while burning a high amount of calories doing cardio but still only eating a small surplus
>>
Hey, /fat/, I've been chubby my whole life (almost consistently 190 at 5"6 since early middle school).. Because of college I've been dropping weight without really doing anything...I'm down 30 pounds in 20 weeks. But it's not an achievement. I haven't changed. Still, I want to start doing something to put something into motion within me. Anything, really.

...Can I just get a 10 pound kettlebell, do squats/deadlifts, and planks to start off with? I know I wanna do something about my situation, but the time and emotional expenditure of going to the gym is too much for me.

Also if >>40932161 if related to my deleted post, thanks. I'll try it out.
>>
>>40932113
Give your stats

You are probably overworking. Remember that weight loss is a marathon. You just have to be consistent over long periods of time, you wont be able to keep up that schedule for too long.
>>
>>40932167
I've read your post four times over and I still have no idea what it means. I think it might be fraught with syntactical errors. Also I'm not a guy.
>>
>>40932140
>get food scale
>put plate on scale
>zero it
>add your protein
>zero it
>add your veggies
>zero it
>add your carbs (grains, legumes, etc)
>add each separate ingredient on MFP

that's about it, but like >>40932140 said if you're making a casserole, just weight all the ingredients you use for it (including oils) and then just create a custom food on MFP, then you can easily add your portions on MFP, for example if the whole casserole came to a total of 1500 calories, let's say you only eat 200g, mfp will do the math for you

sound hard but it's retarded easy after the first week
>>
>>40932143
>...Can I just get a 10 pound kettlebell, do squats/deadlifts, and planks to start off with? I know I wanna do something about my situation, but the time and emotional expenditure of going to the gym is too much for me.

Yeah sure. You can do quite a bit with just random weights laying around, won't be as good as a gym, of course. Look up some body weight stuff and try to find a way to add a weighted progression. Also start running.
>>
>>40932182
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 135-140
Female

I mean.
It worked before. I did this exact routine 4 years ago and lost 30lbs, but sometimes terrible things happen and you eat an entire cheesecake like a dumbass to cope and you gain 15lbs back.
I don't know.
I just want my old body back so bad and I'm scared I won't get it unless I get lipo or abuse adderall. I don't want that though. I want to work for it.
>>
>>40932195
He's saying that people tend to over estimate how many calories they burn when they first start off running. They end up overeating. Ignore the calories burned and just tack your weight loss and add/subtract calories from there. Think of cardio as increasing your endurance starting off, not burning calories.
>>
>>40932200
Is it the same process if, say, I'm making banana nut bread or something? With a lot of raw ingredients, like sugar, flour, stuff like that?
>>
>>40932212
Keep doing what you're doing but weigh yourself each morning. Average up the weekly weights to see if progress is being made. If not, cut a few more calories.
>>
>>40932212
You are at a normal weight, might be worrying too much about it.

Also sure it worked, but you eventually stopped. Need a routine you can do indefinitely
>>
what are the best veggies for keto? i've been eating broccoli and i love it but i'm finding out that 300g of broccoli put me at 20g carbs and it's not a lot of broccoli desu. I'm not only looking for volume but also what's gonna give me the most nutrients

I was thinking about asparagus, 100cals for 500g and just 20g carbs too
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Dinnerposting you say?

Who here /samethingeveryday/?
Also how many veggies is too many?
>>
>>40932219
yeah pretty much, add how much flour, sugar, etc, weight the bread, then divide it into let's say, 100g portions. Conservation of mass bro
>>
>>40932258
>steak
>not chicken/fish

there is no such thing as too many veggies
>>
>>40932227
I've been told not to weigh myself that frequently. I'm a recovering bulimic and any day of anomalous water retention is enough to start a purging spree and ruin everything. Thanks though.
>>40932214
I already understand that exercise ultimately burns fuck all. I'm just hoping what I'm doing is enough to burn at least an extra 300 cals a day and I don't need much more than that than to successfully combine it with my lowered caloric intake to be a solid 500 cal a day deficit.
I'm already eating right at BMR (1379) and I didn't think it would be healthy to dip below that so I'd rather up my activity level instead.
>>
File: 1337755853547.jpg (63KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1337755853547.jpg
63KB, 500x667px
>>40932237
I know I'm at a normal weight, but I look nice as fuck just ten to fifteen pounds below this.
Also don't listen to me I have a legitimate eating disorder.
but
the only thing I stopped when I succeeded before was the excessive cardio, but maintained the lifting and eating properly.
sorry.
I don't know where I'm going with this.
It's 1am and all I can think about is being shredded so I can kick someone's ass on an aesthetic level because of the shitty things they did.

/fit/ - my personal diary
>>
>>40932264
Thanks, was just making sure.

I'm getting my own kitchen soon and I want to cook up some tasty meals with fresh fruit and veggies.

First up on the list is whole wheat blueberry pancakes with banana slices on top drizzled with homemade blueberry sauce. It's gonna be so damn good, I can't wait.
>>
>>40932304
Sounds like if you just keep doing what you are doing you'll be fine.

Unless this is you
>>40932276

In which case you might want to consider losing weight a bit slower than a pound a week with a BMR of 1379, that's low af

I am not an expert tho
>>
>>40932270
Alternate steak and seafood for dinner
>breakfast
150g shredded chicken
2 eggs
7ml of oil

>Lunch
Protein shake w/ Almond Breeze

>Dinner
250g steak/fish/prawns/etc
100g broccoli
100g carrot
100g zucchini
100g snow peas

>snacks
1 small cappuccino
2 pieces of bread w/ Cottage Cheese
1 can of Pepsi max
X black tea/coffee

Come to a grand total of 1500-1600, less with the fish. I'm cutting at around 1800 due to being really active.
>>
>>40932340
T-thanks. I'll see what happens.
>>
>>40932390
Is that actually 250g of steak? Looks like more

Sounds bretty good tho
>>
>>40932413
That particular one was probably closer to 270ish. I got two cuts from my butcher and together it came to 510.

I thrive on routine. Day in day out same thing. Helps me deal with cravings.
>>
So the sticky says lift lift lift but I keep hearing conflicting things.

If I'm on a 1500cal diet and I just want to loose fat and not worry about getting muscle will lifting make it so that I loose the fat first and not as much muscle? Or should I just stick to cardio?
>>
File: me.gif (422KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
me.gif
422KB, 500x255px
Just standing outside the gym, too scared to go in.
>>
>>40932603
>
If I'm on a 1500cal diet and I just want to loose fat and not worry about getting muscle will lifting make it so that I loose the fat first and not as much muscle? Or should I just stick to cardio?

Yeah exactly. Lift and run, eat a high protein diet. Your muscles will act as an energy source if they are not being used, and fed with protein. That'll slow down your fatloss, and you won't look as good.
>>
>>40932603
muscle takes more calories to maintain than fat, so the more muscle you have the easier cutting becomes.

It's harder to build muscle while on a cut, but if you are fat starting from 0 then you can do both at the same time pretty easily.
>>
>>40930451
You really shouldn't get hungry so quick. Stop eating carbs and cucking your diet.
>>
>>40930495
>American Fatso
I posted this in the previous thread you fuck
Thread posts: 358
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.