[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fat/ - Weight Loss General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 61

File: 1352507430721.png (70KB, 600x600px)
1352507430721.png
70KB, 600x600px
/fats at night/ edition

Last thread exceeded 300 lbs >>40843219

Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of /fit/ who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice that doesn't work for them or anybody. If you see something that contradicts what the sticky says, ignore it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
https://tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
https://www.myfitnesspal.com/
>>
I knew there'd be a curve to my rate of progression as it dragged on, but this seems more like a flat line
>>
>>40849912
I hope there's an image you forgot
>>
>>40849912
Have you redone your TDEE for your current weight to make sure you aren't eating at your new maintenance?
>>
First for vegan diets are one of the healthiest ways to live and have been shown to be better for weight loss than non-vegan diets. If you are worried about heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, or cancer, take note.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9Z-gKAvzOY&list=PL5TLzNi5fYd8JyYNv0MzunIqXL1nAY0dM
>>
anybody overcome binge eating?

im working out well but sometimes cant stop myself eating, not losing weight
>>
>>40849956
IF you oxygen thief.

>>40849949
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>40849956
first identify the conditions under which you want to binge eat, and think up ways to combat that.
>>
>>40849655
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/

Guy fasted for over a year and lost 125kg in total at a rate of about 1kg every 3 days. It wasn't complete starvation as he received a tiny amount of protein in addition to micronutrient supplementation. If you intend to fast or even lower your calories to very low levels for long periods of time, you have to take micronutrient supplements or you'll get very sick from deficiencies. A small amount of protein is seems to be absolutely necessary also.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation_response#Timeline
>>
>>40849956
Depends on what triggers yours.
I had an issue where I would start binging while watching Youtube or other videos and got bored so I just never watch video on my computer for more than 10 minutes at a time.
>>
>>40849956
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOyebcrVWb4
>>
I feel rotten /fat/.
I can't concentrate, I'm fatigued, I'm in a horrible mood all the time, I'm using again, and I don't know why.
It just came out of nowhere.
It's just a "what's the point" feeling, constantly, and I hate it.
>>
>>40849930
I don't think it's necessary to use a calculator. If you can be confident that your calorie counting and weight measurement is accurate enough, you can conclude that your eating at maintenance when you aren't losing weight. Two to three weeks of monitoring weight and comparing weekly averages should provide enough data to draw this conclusion.
>>
>>40850012
>I'm using again

Using what? Also, you sound depressed. Get some social support.
>>
>>40850006
>>40849956
Also you can get a roisterer chicken at the grocery store or even Walmart and eat half of it and that's like 600-800 calories. That's very filling and way less than you would probably eat if your binge foods are anything like mine were.
>>
>>40850012
do daily cardio. scientifically proven to improve your mood
>>
>>40850044
stuff

and it's not just mental
I've got the shakes really bad, and I'm unsteady on my feet
I feel ill, in the purest sense of the word
>>
>>40850048
>telling someone that binge eats to eat half of something
:thinking:

>>40850060
>>40850012
This is not the place to get help for that. You need actual irl help
>>
>>40850060
Jesus, get your ass to a doctor.
>>
>>40850078
>telling someone that binge eats to eat half of something
>:thinking:
I used replacement foods like this when I was getting out of it too. Even if he eats the whole chicken that will still probably be less calories and more protein then if he ordered pizza, got huge amounts of fast food, etc.
>>
>>40850104
fair enough
>>
File: thornton feels.jpg (42KB, 599x601px) Image search: [Google]
thornton feels.jpg
42KB, 599x601px
>tfw two more months of cutting
>tfw 41 pounds lost in 5 months

it never ends lads
>>
File: Screenshot_20160920-152515~2.png (1MB, 1075x1081px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160920-152515~2.png
1MB, 1075x1081px
>>40849956
Lost 198lbs and battled with binge eating the whole way and still do. It's an addiction and something I learned over time to deal with (IE: finding what triggers me, what I crave when I do wanna binge and trying to eat a less calorie dense alternative of that food). Eating the foods you enjoy in moderation instead of completely restricting them to only cheat days/meals also helps a lot. If you want pizza try to fit a slice or two into your dinner (about 600-800 calories) a couple times a week. It's better than having a full blown meltdown and ordering a large pizza and cheese sticks and whatelse. Also if you can't just have a slice or two of pizza because your willpower hasn't been practiced enough yet then don't have pizza until you have practiced willpower. Willpower is something that can be strong or weak depending on how often you practice it.
>>
>>40850245
Are you a manlet with super loose skin, by chance? Not judging, just seeing the certain ways and angles different people take photos and post on /fit/
>>
>>40850203
it will eventually
>>
File: Snapchat-4514200424955095943.jpg (332KB, 1080x1794px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-4514200424955095943.jpg
332KB, 1080x1794px
>>40850665
I'm 6'4 with a little bit of loose skin around my lower stomach and chest. There's still fat for me to lose as well so it can only get better as long as I keep dieting down.

Here's a little bit more about my transformation
https://content.tigerfitness.com/transformation-tyler-fleming/

Hope I can help anyone who was where I was or is on a journey already to change.
>>
Does dieting turn anyone else into a complete OCD nutcase? Like, I'm just skipping meals now to avoid the hassle of worrying about calories.
>>
File: 1464670731348.jpg (180KB, 532x783px) Image search: [Google]
1464670731348.jpg
180KB, 532x783px
>>40850715
tfw you realize decomposition is the final cut to 0% bf
>>
>>40849956
I count binges and just stare at that shit.

Like today I did alright for breakfast. Then killed a bag of chips and sweet onion sour cream dip near lunch. Counted all that binge. Came out to 90 calories left in the day. Too fucking bad for me but that's it for the day.

I also try to think about what caused it. Why did I even have so much dip and chips in front of me with no alternatives around? Was my breakfast too small?
>>
>>40850826
Sometimes. I've relaxed a bit more about it now but yeah in the beginning I was like that.

That's why I just keep it to two meals. That way I only gotta think about it twice a day.
>>
>>40850775
tell me that's a compression artifact and not a fucking nose ring
>>
>>40850826
Yes. Once I started counting calories, eating optimally to me meant not sullying the purity of the data in my custom spreadsheet with estimates based on eyeballing or foods that I couldn't get micronutrient data on. Eating out is annoying because I know I won't be able to input acceptable data for that day. I optimize my eating for health and gains but I really just like collecting data rigorously.
>>
>>40850012
You sound like in state of psyhosis and/or depression. Go see profesional help.
>>
>>40851125
it's not life threatening
and it'll pass eventually
it's just irritating that I don't know what caused it
>>
>>40850826
I did, but the way I got over it real quick was to overestimate the stated calories by 30% or make the serving size 50% larger, depending on who prepared the meal.
>>
File: XztP5.jpg (41KB, 350x255px) Image search: [Google]
XztP5.jpg
41KB, 350x255px
It's a refeed day today, bros.
>>
File: fat feel.gif (15KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
fat feel.gif
15KB, 633x758px
Welp, now that I've lost 20kgs, I can see now that my body is completely disfigured.
Stretch marks fucking everywhere, this shit is never bouncing back.

Also, my fat loss has been uniform across the whole body (as expected), my hands and calves look almost normal now.

But my mantits, sides, stomach are disproportionally fat, and it seems I will lose them last.

Which means it could very well be that I'll have upper abs showing, but still have humongous love handles and mantits.

This sucks.

I wish spot reduction wasn't a myth, I am sorely in need of its magic.
>>
Hey /fat/

First time poster in these threads

>hit my highest weight ever at 305lbs last September
>something in me clicked and I knew it was time for change
>start working out, doing cardio and eating 1200-1500 calories a day until the end of the year
>my gym attendance starts declining through the beginning of the year
>start slacking off on my diet
>still manage to get down to 239 lbs mid September
>down 66 lbs
>looking and feeling better than ever
>diet suddenly goes to shit
>working out maybe once a week only because I feel too guilty to stop entirely
>every shitty meal is filled with regret
>every night skipped at the gym filled with regret
>break up with my girlfriend of 2 years
>in the last month I've gained weight back up to 255

The fuck is going on /fat/? It was going so well and I'm terrified that it's slipping through the cracks. I'm not even heartbroken over dumping my gf, I honestly feel great about that as it was a shitty relationship

Days that I focus on my diet again I'll eat well until late at night and then I'll wind up caving and ordering pizza or going to Taco Bell or some dumb shit. I'm going to be moving back home again within a month so I'm afraid I'll be even less motivated to cook my meals

Fuck, I was so close to beginning to make it..
>>
>>40851458
>mid September 239
Fuck I meant mid February
>>
>>40850012
Did you know that toxic substances such as drugs are absorbed into fat, and when you lose weight, they are reintroduced into the body when the lipids melt?
>>
>>40851458
Damn dude, that is impressive. In a little less than that time span, I've lost about 45-50 and had a really bad February as well. Thankfully, I didn't gain weight, but am having trouble getting to the next level right now.

I'm adding in new exercises as the weather improves and your post is the perfect catalyst to get me off my ass and back out on the court. I was on the fence until right now.
>>
>>40849956
Make sure you are eating legit meals at regular intervals so you don't get too hungry. Identify what emotions or circumstances trigger you (for me it is stress). And keep trigger food out of the house. I also went on anti anxiety medication which helped.
>>
>>40850104
Yep this. For me also I eat carrots or cucumber with hummus, or soup (just broccoli puree), and drink lots of water to feel full.
>>
>>40851518
I was where you were at about a month ago, anon. I had a bad January but still managed to drop a couple pounds. If you don't act on it now, if you don't take it seriously you're going to set yourself back 10-15 like me. Make that proactive step

For me it's just a matter of making up lost ground, which is extremely demotivating considering I've already lost this weight and now I've got to lose it again
>>
>>40851458
Your caloric surplus was way too high. I'm guessing your TDEE was like 2800 or so? Take it slower.
>>
>>40851494
Will all the Adderall I took while gobbling multiple pizzas in college me my focus back as I lose weight? Does fat get deposited like tree rings?
>>
>>40851561
No doubt about it. I'm hitting the court everyday it seems. I already worked out this morning and was about to eat a sandwich, but need to burn more for the day. I added DDP Yoga, which has helped and just walking longer distances and even jogging.

Consider this, last September numerous fatties tried to lose weight and out of all of them, us two are still going at it. Think about all of those who gave up and are lost for another 5 or 10 years or forever. I used to be that guy. I like to think I'm part of the last group standing from September of 2016.
>>
>>40851565
With the the frequency and intensity of my workouts it was likely over 3000. I admit I did go a little too hard. Most days I was closer to 1200 calories all while working out 5-6 days a week with about 30 minutes of cardio each day. I'm not surprised I got burnt out at the gym, but I'm a little taken aback that my diet completely went out the window, that wasn't even an effort to me. Or so I thought

I just got addicted to how fast I was losing weight
>>
>>40851494
I've heard theories
I wouldn't think it would matter enough to impact someones mood
>>
>>40851606
I never actually looked at it that way. I kinda owe it to myself and the other anons to keep going. I know 15 pounds is only a minor setback, i think I need to just force myself until I'm back into the groove. I need to accept that it's not going to be as easy as it was now that I'm back out of practice. It's going to be as hard as when I started, maybe even harder

Thanks anon, I'll hit the gym tonight in honor of you and the other September fatties
>>
File: wojak.jpg (4KB, 147x147px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
4KB, 147x147px
>>40849876
.tfw lost some fat
>>
File: 1489685998304.png (51KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489685998304.png
51KB, 800x800px
i hate the feeling when you spend 3 weeks not fucking your diet up, and then one day you binge eat on snacks, then next day your cranky because your dying to get another bite of the amazing chocolate goodness, but you know you can't, so you just sit in your bed all day with a headache and a stomach that is screaming in pain, due to hunger but its all worth in in few months when you lose another 25-40 pounds
>>
File: 1488855006203.jpg (11KB, 290x293px) Image search: [Google]
1488855006203.jpg
11KB, 290x293px
>try HFLC diet
>end up eating 300 calories over in cheese
>>
File: fatnerves.gif (12KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
fatnerves.gif
12KB, 633x758px
>tfw watch this binge eating video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZaUfBcP1Bk

>mfw that's about what I eat every day
>>
>>40851357
How important are refeed days? It's just eating at maintenance for a day, right?
>>
>>40851754
3 weeks?
not being funny mate but if you can't go longer than 3 weeks you need to change your strategy
>>
File: IMG_4727.jpg (121KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4727.jpg
121KB, 576x1024px
>be 6'2 295lbs
>start working out 10 months ago
>start eating right
>start by simply eating my TDEE
>the start working to a deficit
>currently eating a 600cal deficit a day
>down 71 pounds as of this morning
>only workout program I've done is crossfit

R8 my success or failure. I still want to lose another 30 pounds to get down to 195 so I can say I've lost 100 pounds.
>>
File: 1387081882179.jpg (29KB, 483x441px) Image search: [Google]
1387081882179.jpg
29KB, 483x441px
>>40851818
I have no idea how important they are. I've just been eating at a 1,000 calorie deficit for the last 15 days and people mentioned it online so I just did it.

I tried to eat much more carbs and I went like 200 above maintenance.

No idea if it will do anything, but there it is.
>>
>>40851818
I'm starting to think these "refeed days" are just a meme these guys are using to make them feel better about cheating or when they binge. The only use I could see with "refeeding" is to be extra full for a day to keep from getting discouraged.
>>
>>40851854
You're losing muscle mass man do some lifting
>>
>>40850245
loose skin?
>>
>>40851924
I dont think I am, all of my maxes have stayed the same for the past 4 months. as long as I can maintain I am happy, I will worry about building muscle mass back up once I hit my goal weight.
>>
>>40851854
>crosscuck

Never gonna make it
>>
Fucking MFP is giving me shit because I was 27 calories below the minimum I should get.
>>
>>40851830
t.Chad

im guessing you're not fat, or never been fat

even cigarette smokers will fuck up occasionaly
>>
>>40849956

I feel you anon. I have had this obsession all day to walk to the gas station and buy and eat an entire bag of M&M. Thankfully I just have to hold out for 15 minutes before they close.
>>
first time here.

i used to lift a lot when i was in high school and got pretty good. i've always been overweight but i was definitely in the best shape of my life then (6', 180, great cardiovascular health and strong lifts) but i have gone to shit lately.

just graduated college. i'm 6', 243lb, and in awful shape. smoker, drink heavily several days a week, and deteriorating depression (but i think a lot of that will be helped by being in better physical health).

i have literally forgotten how to take care of myself. specifically i've forgotten how to correct my diet.

my main issue is calorie tracking. i cook for myself pretty much exclusively -- how the fuck am i supposed to accurately track calories for things that aren't pre-packaged?

thanks y'all, it's good to be back.
>>
>>40851458
Do IF. If you can just stick to your eating window you won't be able to go to Taco Bell late at night. As to not wanting to cook, I'm always in search of solutions like overnight oats.
>throw a few ingredients together, meal the next day, not absolute garbage for you

>>40851754
For some it might be easier to cut out things like candy altogether if you can't handle the cravings. Also, why do you have a headache? Drink more water (a lot more water). As far as your stomach "screaming in pain due to hunger" that's complete horseshit. You did say you ate literally the day before, right? I'm on hour 28 or 29 of a water fast and I'm feeling great.

>>40852011
Not him, but way to project your insecurities. Maybe he was/is fat and just has more willpower than you. Do you think "others fuck up so it's okay" is good excuse if you ever want to actually make a long term change in your life?
>>
>>40852164
I was literally you when I graduated college and for several years after that. Except shorter.

Quitting alcohol entirely was the best move I've ever made--I've been over a year and a half without a single drink and I don't miss it one bit. The smoking was much easier to quit after the drinking. You know you need to stop both these things.

As far as calorie tracking goes, what are you having an issue with if you're cooking for yourself? If you don't want to go by general estimates you could get a food scale and weigh everything.
>>
>>40852164
Get a food scale at walmart or on amazon, and get an app to track calories. The popular one here is My Fitness Pal. You can search for any food on there, and put in how much of it you ate by weight. Makes it super simple. Good luck anon, I hope you make it.
>>
>>40852205
well, i love drinking socially but i drink a ridiculously unhealthy amount. i'm thinking about reducing it to once every two weeks just to start out.

in regards to the food, i'll give you an example. lately i've been cooking a ton of indian food, so i'm not sure how to track things like curries, stews, etc.
is there an easier way than weighing all ingredients, weighing the total after it's cooked, and trying to figure out calories per cup or...?

>>40852252
thanks man. i actually already have a food scale and just today i got a bodyweight scale.
>>
bad sleep cycle again

being alone in my bedroom with fuck all to do is dangerous for my weight loss
>>
>>40852257
I'd recommend weighing the individual ingredients as you add them to the cooking vessel to figure out total calories of everything. Then weigh out all the food after cooking and divide it evenly into however many portions. Then divide the total calories from the beginning by the number of portions. That may seem a little too technical for some though. So if you're not looking to autistically count, just weigh before you cook, then estimate your portions and still just divide by number of portions, as it will all break even after you've finished it all.
>>
>>40852257
I hope reducing the amount of times you drink helps, Anon.

To address the calories, it's really not that hard. I googled "chicken tikka masala" and checked out a recipe since I know Indian food can have quite a few ingredients. You would measure out the large things, like the yogurt, chicken, butter, heavy cream, and tomato sauce. This should be easy, as most of these do come from a package with stated calories. The chicken you can weigh or measure out. The spices don't matter.

After you start looking at calories in each item you're using to cook with you get faster at coming up with a general idea of the content in each dish. Since you're cooking it yourself it will be much easier. Restaurants are completely impossible to measure because they usually use absurd amounts of butter and oil and whatnot to make the food taste so good.
>>
had 1588 good calories today

goodnight /fit/
>>
>currently 450lbs
>spend all day sitting watching youtube for the past six months
>get gym membership and start doing an hour on treadmill at 2.7-3.0
>but the lower back pain is discouraging

what do.
>>
>>40852430
At that point you should really talk to a doctor about what sort of exercise is good for you and what won't crush your body

I'm proud of you thought :)
>>
>>40851654
Nice work bro. I just got back from the court and the store. I had a severe test of willpower when I walked by the deli. I so badly wanted to get some chicken tenders or a corn dog. Ended up getting a small bowl of soup.

I also borrowed my friend's jump rope today. I was able to do about 20 seconds before my legs gave out, but it rocked my body. I'm going to love that soon.
>>
>>40852430
>>40852463
What this anon says, go see a doctor! They can help you work through this. Go slow with regards to exercise, and go big with diet. You can lose a lot by watching what you eat and do a calorie deficit. But because you've had a very sedentary lifestyle, your body may not be ready for any sort of intense physical activity. And it would suck if you go too fast with exercise and end up injuring yourself.
>>
>>40852430
>what do.
diet
>>
>>40850012
>I'm using again
Is this about drugs or are you really gay about overeating?
>>
File: 960.jpg (44KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
44KB, 960x540px
>>40852430
>morbidly obese
>chooses the highest impact exercise he can find
>>
>>40852430
Why are you using a treadmill when you're 450 lbs? Do you hate your knees so much that you want to destroy what's left of them?

jesus fucking christ how are people this stupid?

Use a fucking recumbent bike.
>>
>>40852164
>smoker, drink heavily
>obese
>eats shit all day

You need to go to a doctor ASAP. You're in severely deteriorating health right now. You need to quit smoking and drinking and shoveling garbage in your face.

Here's a link on how to fix your diet: https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-eating-plate/
>>
>>40851963
Eat a candybar then fuck MFP's mother and log it as an exercise.
>>
>>40851854
>crossfit
Does everyone there eat paleo and take 40 minutes for a bowel movement?
>>
File: IMG_20170326_092610.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170326_092610.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>dat post cardio bowel movement
>>
File: cb7df31e_op9PWrr.gif (2MB, 388x218px) Image search: [Google]
cb7df31e_op9PWrr.gif
2MB, 388x218px
>tfw 1200 kcals bellow tdee and 1 hour til bed

no point in eating now.
>>
if i take stimulants will i lose weight faster?
>>
File: 1473651572951.jpg (11KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1473651572951.jpg
11KB, 325x325px
>>40852874
Yeah but you have to take alot. Triple the serving size usually.
>>
>>40852888
yeah long term that'll probably damage my heart
>>
>>40852874
Try ephedrine
>>
Any tips on getting over binge eating, I was fine up until my gf brought pizza, and I just couldn't stop myself from eating 4 slices. I'm such a fucking swine. All my week of cutting calories for nothing.
>>
>>40852967
>4 slices
>a binge
God I was a disgusting.
>>
>>40852738
Kek. Guess I'll have to have 2 candy bars then.
>>
>>40852967
If 4 pieces of pizza ruin a week's worth of cut you need to cut harder.
>>
>>40852927
No shit, are you autistic or something?
>>
File: 1386711367908.gif (3MB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
1386711367908.gif
3MB, 300x226px
>>40852801
>that mid-cardio bowel movement
>>
>>40852726
thanks for the link. i'm cutting down the drinking starting last night and i'm working on quitting the smoking. diet is #1 priority right now though

any specific reason you suggest the doctor?
>>
File: Sad batman.jpg (15KB, 400x343px) Image search: [Google]
Sad batman.jpg
15KB, 400x343px
I'm kind of new to /fit/. Last week I diagnosed as "pre-diabetes" with a Hemoglobin A1C level of 5.8% (standard non-diabetic is between 4.8 - 5.6%).
I've been kind of stressed out and worried, but thankfully have been implementing a healthier diet. (oatmeal in the mornings, Turkey slice sandwiches on 100% whole wheat bread, and a varying dinner made by my mom usually some meat or chicken with rice and beans).
I've cut out soda entirely.

I know that cardio isn't as effective as weight lifting for weight loss (but still useful), so I wanted some advice for weight lifting workouts for losing weight/losing fat to add to my healty eating and cardio.

I'm currently looking into the fit sticky a bit more, but I would like some anons to post for some guidance and for a more personal touch.
>>
>>40853374
honestly, the specifics don't even matter. just lift and get stronger, it will all work out. read starting strength and do that program desu
>>
>>40853374
Consistency is key. Just look at different programs and pick one that fits your schedule and stick to it.
>>
File: 1385780402858.jpg (6KB, 234x283px) Image search: [Google]
1385780402858.jpg
6KB, 234x283px
> boiled broccoli
> tabasco

WTF I LOVE BROCCOLI NOW
>>
>>40853387
>>40853414
I was doing a 4 day split
http://bodybuildingindex.com/4-day-split-workout-for-building-muscle/
small variations aside, I feel that this wasn't helping me because I wasn't eating as well as I should (and fucking soda).
>>
File: 1489713007980.png (61KB, 1228x1502px) Image search: [Google]
1489713007980.png
61KB, 1228x1502px
>>40853469
cant you just drink diet sodie pops?
your work out means nothing if you will fuck it up with sugary drinks
>>
here's some motivation guys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hitRUroOf0
I don't think any of us are as big as Pauline, but she does say some things about food that I think resonate. If you got here, it was from eating too much, it's an addiction anons.
>>
>>40853537
I was drinking diet soda.
But i was also eating out more than I should have.

Besides, I hear diet soda isn't that much better than regular soda anyways.
>>
was meant to get some porridge but I slept in till 9(pm)
now I have no porridge
>>
>>40852967
Does your gf know you're trying to lose weight? It's important you share these things with people, otherwise they'll unknowingly be enablers to your problem. If they continue being enablers after you tell them you're trying to make a change, consider leaving them behind.

My tip for you is to basically not stock your house with anything that doesn't require cooking. No crackers, no chips, no snack food of any kind. It's much harder to just open a box of whatever and eat the whole thing if there are no boxes of whatever lying around.

That, combined with telling people close to you to stop bringing you fucking pizza and you might get somewhere. Good luck!
>>
>>40853561
it's usually 0 cal which is objectively better than 250 cal if your goal is to lose weight
>>
>>40853561
It's fine in moderation. I've cut it out for black coffee/tea though. Diet soda is fucking awful for your teeth. I was pounding back half a case a day for a bit and it definitely started to take a toll.
>>
>>40849876
Help me sham /fit/. I weigh 180-183. I need to be 175-179 and able to do moderate cardio in 48 hours. I'm thinking laxatives and moderate water intake.
>Just lose the weight the right (long) way
I just need to be this weight for a week. Then I can go back and run actual fat off.
>Why?
MEPS.
>>
>>40853695
Kitten for answers, btw.
>>
>>40853695
lean fighters can drop 10-20lbs by just sweating the water out of their system for 2 days. but it's very dangerous even if you know exactly what you are doing
>>
>>40851818
They're pretty important if you don't want to permanently fuck up your metabolism. If you eat at a deficit for a long period of time, your body will adapt and your TDEE will lower (even more than what comes with fat loss). You should have a refeed day every few months bare minimum. Though keep in mind I'm not a nutritionist
>>
Finally under 90 kg brehs, saw 89.7 kg at the scale today.

I can't remember the last time I saw 80s, I'm so happy
>>
File: vape_nation.jpg (62KB, 660x435px) Image search: [Google]
vape_nation.jpg
62KB, 660x435px
>>40853455
tabasco is good with everything my dude
>>
just found a rather unflattering photo of myself from exactly 182 days ago
how the fuck was I fine with being that way
jesus
>>
>>40854026
post it
>>
>>40854033
I will when progress is more apparent
>>
File: 987978.gif (23KB, 294x200px) Image search: [Google]
987978.gif
23KB, 294x200px
I'm not going to make it. I can't stop eating shit and drinking soda. I'll see you guys in the afterlife.
>>
> first day @ the gym
> everybody is trying to help

I'm not gonna make it brehs. Why can't these people let me work out my fats off in peace
>>
>>40854109
It can be done, but it will be hard.
Don't give up
>>
>>40854109
eat slightly shittier shit and diet soda

it's not perfect but it's a start
>>
File: cupal.jpg (39KB, 647x370px) Image search: [Google]
cupal.jpg
39KB, 647x370px
>>40854221
this

When I started 50% of my diet was shit the other 50% is what I should be eating. I'm up to 90% healthy 10% shit food, and it's diet sodiepops. I can't seem to get off it
>>
>>40853387
>>40853414
What workout regime is ultimately better for losing weight?
>>
File: 1402414150417.gif (3MB, 253x290px) Image search: [Google]
1402414150417.gif
3MB, 253x290px
>>40853803
Gratz, man. I'm trying to get sub 90 too, from 138.
I'm 125 now.
>>
>>40852257
after you learn how to use a food scale cooking your own food is GOAT, for example, i put a plate on the scale and the zero it, add rice, count it, zero it again, add broccoli, count it, zero it again, then finally add the chicken and count it too, it's one of those things that seem complicated on paper but once you start doing them you realize how retarded easy they are.

If you're cooking curry or stew, just weight everything and add it like that on mfp, then create a personal food called "chicken curry", divide the portions in "bowls" or "cups" or whatever works for you, and you're good to go, next time you wanna cook that same curry just use the exact same ingredients
>>
Can /fat/ give me some feedback on my yesterday's meals?:

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs and a flat rye bread

lunch: fried Broccoli, cauliflower-rice, onion and 1 egg mix, + a glass of milk

snack: a banana

dinner: rice, tuna and broccoli

after workout: protein curd
>>
File: 1486491748295.png (2MB, 2372x2322px) Image search: [Google]
1486491748295.png
2MB, 2372x2322px
Tomorrow, I start my new diet.

I'm currently in snap city. I tried to get fit and I guess I went too fast. I don't know if my form was wrong or my back was just too weak and my legs got stronger at a pace the rest couldn't keep up with, but I've fucked my lower back up something fierce and I'm on week 6 of recovery. Most of the back pain is gone (sciatic nerve has finally stopped making my butt hurt) but HOLY SHIT muscle spasm like fuck on my left side, and my hip muscle on the right side hurts to holy hell if I hit it too hard (learned this the hard way). I think my back muscles have a major imbalance or something. I'm thinking I'll try a session or two of Physical Therapy and see if I can get any help there.

I'd been eating good but after I hurt myself I fell off the wagon. Been eating a lot of junk and such. Didn't help that work has been intense, and a lot of hard work + pain has made for some bad food decisions. Luckily I don't drink soda and don't eat anything fried anymore so it hasn't been as bad as it could have been.

I'm thinking about going to a gym and hiring a trainer when I get a bit more over the pain. I plan on checking out the rates at a nearby powerlifting gym. Or hell, I've thought about maybe doing the Starting Strength online coaching. I don't know, I just feel like I never want to take a risk of snap city ever again. This has really sucked. Or maybe I'll buy a bicycle.

On a side note, anyone have more easy recipe images? I'm a pretty shit cook honestly.
>>
>>40853803
cant wait for that feel, i legit can't remember when i was 90kg, it was probably somewhere in elementary, but i'm currently 21 down to 260 from 365lbs and the last time i was 260 was in highschool, still a good feel but man i can't wait, let's make it
>>
I'm fasting for a week. I'm 28 hours into this and I'm fucking hungry. Lord give me strength. Also I'm leaving this thread after I post this cause I know you pricks will reply with food.
>>
Recovered fattie here, just wanted to share a piece of advice...and I'm not sure this isn't drilled into people's heads more, because its a very simple concept.

treat your "diet" or regimen as an exploration of satisfaction and satiety. go outside your regular foods to try new ones. look up nutrition facts. learn the basics of macros, fats, proteins, and so on.

the whole game, in my case, was to FIND the foods that SATISFIED but NUTRITIOUSLY.

some great foods to begin to consider are nuts, carb subs like corn tortillas over flour, diet(obviously) soda over soda, avocados, eggs, etc etc.

I promise you that your body naturally and does YEARN and SEEK these foods. nutrient dense, solid, basic healthy and usually natural foods.

It took me approx. a period of 2-3 years to really refine my diet. I wasn't in a hurry. I just PAID ATTENTION to the response my body gave. finding satisfaction and avoiding the "denial" feeling is perhaps the biggest obstacle to our instant gratification tendencies.

know that the high carb, high sugar, high glycemic route you may have arrived at by cultural norms and years of habit, but these foods decieve you. it is not what you truly want. slowly reverse the habit by throttling off the amounts overtime. identity the culprits, identify the main offenders, neutralize them, and find their superior replacements.

there is no rush. work with your body, slip its own cravings out from under its nose, and climb the steady hill. godspeed /fat/
>>
>>40854455
There's the whole argument about fasting and binging, but i personally don't have anything against fasting as long as you achieve it, i normally do them from Monday through Friday because fasting on the weekend would be hell for me. Just remember to take your multivitamin and fish oil, and also have plenty of water

Just remember that if you fail and come here on day three crying about how you binged we're gonna laugh at you, prove us wrong anon
>>
>anons ITT are losing 2+ pounds per week
>I'm only losing about 1 per week

It's my fault though. I don't really watch what I eat during the weekends.
>>
>6'2 279pounds last December
>down to 261
>recently had my first panic attack after a high intensity workout

Scared shitless of it happening again and havent worked out in a week.
>>
File: 1490254387269.jpg (98KB, 837x892px) Image search: [Google]
1490254387269.jpg
98KB, 837x892px
>>40854471
i somehow tricked my own brain to think of complex carbs like mana from the gods, when i feel like binging, i down an entire can of black beans (350 calories) and it satiates me the same way a pint of ben & jerries used to do

>tfw doing low carb right now
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-26+at+09.46.35).jpg (81KB, 628x441px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-26+at+09.46.35).jpg
81KB, 628x441px
First gym day tomorrow.
>tired of being a POS
>going to fix myself
>290
>actual pic

I'm 33 i eat less then 2k a day, but i sleep all day and do nothing.
>>
>>40854521
Just cut your calories man. Don't worry about working out til you are down to your ideal weight and then start bulking. Losing muscle mass while dieting is mostly a myth. Your fat is literally the stored energy your body goes for in times of famine. It only metabolizes muscle when there's nothing left.
>>
>>40854505
If it took me a whole month to lose 4 measly pounds I would be so fucking demotivated.
>>
>>40854563
stomach inches? that shit's huge even for 290, measure that bcus i'm sure it's gonna shrink like hell
>>
>>40854563
Good, You deserve it. Don't expect it to be quick and easy. Its an entire lifestyle change. But you deserve it. God speed.

If you lose interest in lifting don't sweat it (heh). Just eat healthier.
>>
>>40852430
Just diet and do light weights to get use to range of motion. At your size dieting alone will have a massive impact. Talk to your doc first though
>>
>went down a notch on my belt today
>>
mm, porridge was a GOOD idea
holy fuck, haven't eaten it since I was a kid
>>
>210 pounds
>highest I've ever been
>want to be 160
>eating zero sugar diet, only meat
>jogging half an hour daily
>somehow still gaining weight after two weeks
>steeping on that scale to have my heart broken again every day

What is wrong with me?
>>
>>40854580
>>
>>40854618
are you counting your caloric intake?
>>
>>40854642
I'm only eating one meal a day, and only when my body is telling me it's hungry.
>>
>>40854618
not eating sugar is not equal to weight loss my friend
>>
>>40854647
There are no carbs in meat.
>>
>>40851155
I get days like that out the blue bud - and myself have suffered from a full blown psychosic before. I've noticed I have certain triggers, not getting enough sleep, missing gym days, fucking up the diet for a day or two (or worse, a week or two) and yeah, not always easy. Best of luck either way and keep doing the work - it's worth it in the end.
>>
>>40851458
Don't worry too much matey, I started dieting Feb 2016 and was just under 300lbs. By Jan this year I'd lost nearly 60lbs and then had a week off for my birthday so decided to treat myself to a week off - and to be honest, that week turned into more of a month (weed plus munchies) and I gained about 12lbs back not to mention spent about a month with no change to the scales despite going back on the healthy eating/gym combo - it's only the last 3 weeks that I've had consistent losses and now I need to lose 2 more lbs to get back to where I was in January - and it's nearly fucking April. So yeah, it's easy to get off target and lose several months. The key is to get back on it - because losing a bit of progress is better than just giving up.
>>
File: Untitled.png (26KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
26KB, 633x758px
>>40851694
>tfw feels like you nearly hit TDEE all week
>weigh in, lost 10lbs
>>
>>40854690
> feels

you gotta measure it breh
>>
I've been fat my whole life, 30 now. I have massive pain just standing up for extended periods of time, let alone exercising.

I haven't checked out /fat/ until just today, but I was wondering what you all thought of the gastric bypass? Everyone in my life is highly recommending it for me, and I'm nearly through the approval process.

6'1 410 lbs.
>>
>>40854690
>tfw I know that exact feel
245 to 235 at 5' 11". I've got a ways to go but I already feel better. Going to start introducing cardio today.
>>
>>40853455
>tfw some aussie on /pol/ showed me how easy it is to cook chili sauce
It's delicious, just not as hot
tabasco jew has no power on me now
>>
File: 1486619835991.png (42KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
1486619835991.png
42KB, 500x322px
>>40854766
share it here you fuck
>>
>>40852430
i recommend losing least 70-100 pounds before even attempting the treadmill

but dont be discouraged, morbidly obese people lose weight fast as fuck, so in 1-2 months (as long as you dont fuck up and do least 30 minutes of exercise a day, 5 times a week, very basic things) you should be able to lose 70-100 pounds. but once you start losing weight fast, dont start thinking its easy, because once you get around that 250 mark and it becomes a hell of a lot harder, you will be in for the true hardships of weight loss

>>40854505
i've heard 10 pounds a month seems to be the healthy amount for people to lose (anything more is probably means your starving yourself)

>>40854109
r.i.p anon. see you in paradise
>>
>>40854773
I'll just paste it as it was:
----------------------
All you fucking cucks buying brand name hot sauce. No, this just won't do. Sriracha, Tobasco, fucking Chilli Drops, it's all shit tier.

I don't trust anyone who unironically enjoys any of that shit.

Here's what you do. It'll take you half an hour at best.

You get 20 chiles, stem them and cut them crosswise into about 1/8-inch slices.

1 1/2 tablespoons of minced garlic.

3/4 cup of thin sliced onions.

3/4 teaspoon o salt.

1 teaspoon of vegetable oil.

2 cups water.

1 cup distilled white vinegar.

Get your peppers, garlic, onions salt and oil in a saucepan over high heat, let that shit saute for 3 minutes then add the water.

Now you'll want to let it cook for about 20 minutes, or until the peppers are getting soft and the liquid's mostly evaporated. Then take it off the heat and let it cool to about room temperature.

Then just puree that shit until it's nice and smooth, add your vinegar and mix it again.

Then it's a matter of tasting, straining, adding salt until you get it just the way you like it. Then put it in an air tight bottle or jar and throw it in the fridge for at lest two weeks before using.

Just don't let is stay unstirred and you won't fuck it up.

Honestly, you don't realize how bad the hot sauce companies are dicking you over until you make your own. Fucking weak, flavorless shit.

Forgot to mention.

This shit only keeps for about six months.
>>
I haven't eaten in six days because of fatty guilt. I've lost twelve pounds so far just starving; how badly will this fuck me up in the long run?
>>
File: kms.png (6KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
kms.png
6KB, 266x190px
>>40854795
my thanks
>>
>>40854795
Some notes from me
Puree with blender
I fucked up all the proportions (more garlic, less vinegar), didn't wait too weeks and it still came out great. It also came out a lot thicker than tabasco, which i'm fine with ( i didn't filter the seeds out, etc)
>>
>>40854804
You're losing muscle instead of fat.
>>
>>40854804
If you insist on starving yourself you can at least do IF with like a 1 hour eating window.
>>
>>40854795
Epic. I'm saving that one. I'm now wondering if there's a decent homemade bbq sauce recipe out there that somehow doesn't magically involve a fuckton of sugar, might go play on google. Thanks tho for the recipe.
>>
I have an immense urge to buy a whole little cesars smokehouse pizza and just down it all within 7 minutes

>on keto
halp
>>
>>40854950
Don't do it, fatty.
>>
File: 1393171886311.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1393171886311.gif
1MB, 320x180px
I got a question for my fellow fats.

Let's say you want to improve your endurance running but you're still a very fat individual.

Can a very big person just about to start losing weight hope to build up good endurance running by training at least 5 times a week for months on end?

I'm talking jogging and running till you can't breathe and gotta catch your breath. If I'm fat can I hope to have better running endurance than someone who looks healthier than me?

I've been told that fat people can't run and it's just something they can't change until they lose weight but how true is this?
>>
Went from 280-300ish to 190 is about 4 months when I started back in 2012. Worked out a bit here and there, always feeling like shit. eventually gave it up. Back up to probably 220 now trying to lose it. I know a lot more now starting again. My goal has always been to being able to take my shirt off in public. Don't know if I'll finally achieve it this time. But might as well try.
>>
>>40854959
It's so fucking hard I just keep watching all the youtube food reviews of that shit literally drooling
>>
>>40854966
Mind over matter my man.
>>
File: SkypePhoto_20170327_025859.jpg (72KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
SkypePhoto_20170327_025859.jpg
72KB, 640x360px
Before
>>
>>40854973
That fucking kid is about t be eaten.
>>
>>40854843
Not that guy but that sounds very unappealing.
>>
File: SkypePhoto_20170327_030434.jpg (390KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
SkypePhoto_20170327_030434.jpg
390KB, 1200x675px
>>40854973
Before still
>>
>>40854966
fast food reviews are the lowest tier of food youtube. Get some standards man
>>
>>40854998
Last before
>>
File: 20170308_084717.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170308_084717.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>40855006
Now what I look like
>>
>>40855011
Time?
>>
>>40854966
why are you watching food reviews, it's like trying to do nofap while watching porn
>>
>>40854563
>i eat less then 2k a day

No you don't.
>>
>>40855017
About 2 years. 1 year seriously
>>
>>40855011
im not a faggot but i would date you
>>
>>40854961
Nobody got anything to say? I guess I can try again later today during the day.
>>
>>40855053
I am an actual faggot so I appreciate that.
>>
File: 1433568344170.jpg (107KB, 600x518px) Image search: [Google]
1433568344170.jpg
107KB, 600x518px
>>40855071
Uhhh???
>>
>>40855074
No homo tho.
>>
>>40850840
>Why did I even have so much dip and chips in front of me with no alternatives around?
Cause you fucking bought them in the first place.
>>
File: RcbYra0T.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
RcbYra0T.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>40852430
Anon I'm gonna out you on a 1200 calorie diet. High protein, no carbs. I want you to lose 70lbs over the next two months before I'll approve treadmill training
>>
>>40851408
>I wish spot reduction wasn't a myth
You'd still have to lose the same amount of weight at the end of the day.
>>
>>40854961
I took weights in HS when I was a landwhale. I didn't know shit about nutrition and gained a lot of fat during the class. But damn did I improve my endurance.

It's good to get better at running/any cardio. It'll improve your weight loss in many ways. Don't listen to the faggots who tell you not to. If you enjoy it, do it.

It'll 1)improve bloodflow to your fat, making it easier to burn it. ergo-saving muscle
2)because of the increase bloodflow you'll have an easier time getting rid of stubborn fat
3)by building up great endurance it'll help you a ton when you finally get to a low enough weight that you have to cut calories too low and you'd feel like shit. You can eat more, feel better, lose weight easier. When you get in that situation it isn't as simple as calories in> calories out. You're setting yourself up for future success if you start building your endurance.
>>
>>40854963
>50kg in 4 months
>~3kg a week

Textbook example of why you don't want to lose too fast. Any fatties considering going on a starvation tier extreme cut, save this pic and look at it occasionally.
>>
>>40855066
>>40854961
I'm sure it's theoretically possible. But you'll fuck up your knees and be more likely to just fucking die from overheating, exhaustion, heart attacks, etc.

I'm still overweight but I guarantee I have better cardio than a number of my healthy weight friends, but that doesn't change the fact I'm a fat unhealthy piece of shit still.
>>
>>40855103
Only fucking retards still believe in the "if you lose weight slowly your skin will shrink back somehow" meme
>>
>>40855103
>textbook
Show me the book.
>muh looseskin won't recede that way
It will. Mine receded a ton. The bit you see is because it's still filled with fat, dragging it down. At that point I couldn't get rid of the last bit and gave up after 6 months.
>>
>>40855100
I really like this advice over >>40855111

But I understand the fucking up your knees part.

I'll proceed with caution and adjust accordingly.

Already going on walks every day for an hour every time anyway so if i can take it a step further for summer I'd love that.
>>
>>40855011
Nice work fella.

>>40855030
Seconded on this, the only food videos you should be watching are meal prep ideas and getting educated on what's in season and cheap so you can make tasty and cheap meals for yourself.

If you don't plan and prepare your meals, losing weight is going to be much harder; especially when you've had a hard day and don't feel like cooking and instead buy a bucket of KFC that costs more than 3 days worth of good meal prep dinners.

>>40855066
Unless you want to kill yourself or destroy your joints, I'd strongly recommend against running due to the sheer impact and stress it'll put your body under and the subsequent long recovery periods that'll make efficient training impossible for a seriously overweight person.
If you insist on running, run in water in the ocean or your local pool to massively reduce impact and still provide resistance.
If you want get fit, something with low to "no" impact like cycling, swimming or rowing would serve you well until you lose enough weight to participate in high impact excercise activity.
>>
>>40850203
how?
>>
File: 1462053876130.png (644KB, 796x627px) Image search: [Google]
1462053876130.png
644KB, 796x627px
fat cunts lool
>>
>>40851458
hey man. you can do it. just stay reasonable and level-headed even in the face of adversity. you really, really wanna go to taco bell? get one or two bean burritos, or whatever else you like, and thats it. eat em slowly, savor it, and then look for something healthier to fill you up if you're still hungry.
>>
>running treadmill with 400 lbs
wtf mayne
that's like putting a bar with 2 pl8 on and trying to run with that
like wtf mayne
>>
File: 1466205046865.jpg (61KB, 380x440px) Image search: [Google]
1466205046865.jpg
61KB, 380x440px
>>40855164
>>
>>40855172
>weight loss
>exercise
pick one

being a fat cunt and doing exercise will just fuck your knees up
>>
Uni is starting today and I don't know if I can go on with this cut while I'm all day on classes. I only have 2-3 kgs to go but I have to be at my best right now. What should I do boys?
>>
>spend 45 minutes running/walking when too sore/tired/winded (probably 25-33% running overall) on the trail behind my house
>was at my mfp calorie goal for the day beforehand
>just have a single carrot and a glass of water

i'm on top of the world bros

i know i won't be able to do this every day and i might end up sore tomorrow

i'll try to make it a weekly thing, or maybe twice weekly. see how it goes. it was very spontaneous this time, i'm still fresh into my journey (started counting calories 2 weeks ago)
>>
>>40855134
You may not like it but it's true.

Take your heart rate while walking, if it's between 120-180 you're good. If it's less walk a bit faster. If it's higher, you probably shouldn't be walking

>>40855186
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2_Mn-qRKjA
>>
>>40853455
I put garlic and salt for my boiled broccoli
>>
>>40854963
>>40855103
>>40855117
The longer you've been fat for, the more your collagen and elastin are damaged and the skin's ability to stretch back to normal worsen.
Can't quote and studies for the speed of weight loss having an effect on skin stretching back, but surely common sense dictates that slower weight loss gives the skin more time to adapt to changes?
>>
Was 380, down to 240 but kinda stalled. I count calories by the week so like work days for example i'll eat 500 cals a day tops. Get to my first day off and i'll go wild and eat 4-5k calories in pizza/doughnuts. I was still negative for the week and would drop 3-5 lbs a week depending.

I wanna see if I can maintain the 500cal a day thing for a full week and see whats up.
>>
>>40855234
i'm no scientist but that doesn't sound like an effective or healthy method. why not just eat one donut or a couple slices or pizza each day, instead of a dozen donuts and a whole pizza in one day?
>>
File: 1400672059062.jpg (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1400672059062.jpg
63KB, 640x480px
>>40855200

I'm only 240lbs 5'11 19-year-old male.

My heart rate is good too but it seems like you mistook my question for it referring to someone far fatter than me.

At any rate, I'll take my heart rate and check it out regardless, thanks for the advice.

Also am I a manlet?
>>
>>40855227
The differing theory is that: The fat filled skin doesn't want to revert recede. The longer it's filled with fat the more damage will build up. All of the skin that did lose the fat, in my experience receded without much of a hitch. The only bit that never did, and still won't, is the bit that's filled with a ton of it. I looked for any source for that myth, couldn't find any back in the day. But I'd be sure to change my tune quick if one is available. I don't know much about it at all.
>>
>>40855243
>>40855234
Or you can just have a normal diet and not eat pizza and donuts at all.

>>40855258
only mentioned the heart rate thing because that's how you actually know if you are doing work or not.

You can do cardio at your weight, and if you stick to it you could have better cardio than someone that weighs much less than you assuming they do none.
>>
>>40855291
yeah i mean obviously pizza and donuts are bad but if you love something like fat people love food it's very difficult to give it up cold turkey
>>
You fats need to get on the Phentermine and Phendimetrazine and stop fucking around
>>
>>40855321
What are these words?
>>
File: Crying.png (46KB, 619x453px) Image search: [Google]
Crying.png
46KB, 619x453px
>see a girl on the train today
>cute face
>good makeup
>nice hair
>decent tits
>fat though
>250-300lbs (I find it hard to tell on women)
>mfw knowing she could easily be a 9/10 and is suffering

There is swans in some you of fat ugly ducklings. Just cut and workout
>>
>>40855338
Popular weight loss drugs. Ever see a sign for a weight management doctor? He gives you those drugs. They kill your appetite.
>>
>>40855368
>take drugs to control appetite
>lose load of weight
>stop taking drugs
>gain appetite back
>gain back all weight

good advice
>>
>>40855368
>tfw on a 1k deficit
>don't really feel all that hungry often
>>
Anyone here have any experience with cutting and their mood? Been in a real funk lately and was wondering if it had something to do with not eating so much, and if it does what can I do to mitigate it.
>>
This is a chart I just made, taking a few years of my experience. And what i'll be doing to re-lose all my weight. My take-a-ways are not much different than the common wisdom.

Doing a slow, steady cut is better in the long run for slight overweight people, (40-50lbs). What's even better for those "small fats" (ahahhahahahahahaha) Is to start doing cardio, even if you're really fucking shit at it. Improve as much as you can doing any cardio you can (best is running/swimming for bloodflow reasons) so when you can delay the period of treading water and having to waste 2weeks gaining some weight back and resetting.

For those 100+lbs overweight, a more efficient strategy is to just embrace the large cut. The fatter you are the further you are away from the Adequate nutrition line, and can spend a large period of time at a large deficit doing fine, frankly. And when you have to reset, it'll be far off, and once done should think about going to a typical cut. Building your endurance however you can during any phase will pay dividends with weight loss.

That's at least what i've learned though all my struggles compressed into one post and one graph.
>>
>>40852981
Lol. Thinking the same thing.
>>
>>40855452
my mood seemed to improve after getting away from junk foods. @ 1.2K cal a day. Not cranky at all.
>>
>>40853803
Tfw been under 100kg last time when i was 14yrs. Now 19yrs and last week checked weight: 98.8. Feels good

Still cutting to around 90kg
>>
>>40855452
Dieting for a long time can affect mood. Some people start to get depressed. One of the ways of dealing with it is to take a diet break for a week. Not a chest week. Just return calories to maintenance but effectively eat the same way
>>
>>40855452
I'm one of those people that gets a bit cranky when hungry. It's usually because your blood sugar is slow. If you are eating 3 large meals, I suggest changing to 5 smaller meals so that it's still the same calories, but just more spaced out.
>>
>>40855484
how long is a > long time
>>
File: 1488486719083.jpg (33KB, 385x318px) Image search: [Google]
1488486719083.jpg
33KB, 385x318px
>weekly weigh in
>lost close to 5 lbs in a week
it's almost surreal to think that i'll be under 300lbs by this time next month, feels good though.
>>
>>40855264
Honestly, I've never seen any good information on it either. My theory about the >lose weight slowly meme is that by losing 150lbs over two years rather than one, the skin has more time to tighten up as much as it can and return to a slightly more normal form. Whereas when you see progress pics from people losing 150lbs in a single year, it hasn't had the same amount of time to do that. My assumption is after that extra year, the skin would be hardly different at all from the person who lost weight slowly, if at all.
>>
>>40851780

what disgusting tits.
>>
>>40855484
3 - 6 months is around the time you should take a diet break. Depends on deficit and person
>>
> tfw no diet mountain dew in my country
>>
>>40849876
>Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of /fit/ who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat.

It's called reading the sticky, you fat assed piece of shit. There is nothing else you need.
>>
>>40855535
whats your current weight?
>>
File: 1312572522860.jpg (10KB, 329x281px) Image search: [Google]
1312572522860.jpg
10KB, 329x281px
>>40855595
>>
>>40855601
somewhere around 304.7 lb
>>
>>40855595
keep in mind fat people are retarded.

There was a guy that made a thread the other day asking for weight loss advice and refused to read past the first page of the sticky because it "looks like they are just rules"

This thread is meant to contain those kind of people
>>
Full day fasting, does it have any place in a cutting diet? Sitting at 15% body fat. I'm jut talking about doing it 2x a week
>>
>>40854645
So you're not counting calories?
>>
>>40855618
You shouldn't cut as hard and every now and again eat a bit more calories than usual
>>40854660
But there is fat and protein retard
>>
>>40854961
If I'm fat can I hope to have better running endurance than someone who looks healthier than me?

Funnily enough I always thought no, then I dropped 60lbs to about 230+ - I'm still very much fat, but due to spending a full year doing 2 hour walks up the steepest hills I can find, followed by lifting and now high-intensity cardio in the gym - I am easily fitter and work harder than all of the people slimmer than me in my workplace. Walk a damnsight faster and for longer too.

Don't get me wrong. Compared to some of the lifters and cardio bunnies in the gym, I still have a long, long way to go to reach their level of fitness, but that's fine because I know I can get there now.
>>
>>40855011
That's impressive matey, as a fat guy losing weight, seeing shit like this is honestly quite inspiring. Thanks.
>>
>>40855180
Recumbent bike. I use one because my one knee gets sore running (had an accident with it) and I don't want my cardio to interfere with lifting. It's a godsend for your knees.

I'm always surprised on biggest loser or some other weight loss show where they put these heavy ass people on treadmills as their first exercise. Hurts my knees just to watch.
>>
>>40849956
I just prepare my meals with a lot of diced cabbage.
I'm eating 6-8 cups of diced cabbage a day.
>>
hey fats. how do you keep yourself motivated? Im down 72kg now and still have atleast 40 to go to feel comfortable.

but i never feel "motivated" i just cut calories and work out because it feels like its the only thing thats actually working. fixing my life in general after 8 years of basically never leaving house and making myself a vidya playing hamplanet social outcast is the thing that troubles me the most.

and i only realized that after i started changing myself.

i cant wait to have some cool before/after pics though.
>>
>>40855802
I stay motivated because it's become a habit. Been counting my calories for over a month now and I just do it every day like it's no trouble.
>>
>>40855802
You don't have any pics now? Even if you have 40kg to go, losing 70 is impressive and worthy of praise.

Motivation for me lies in seeing the scale go down, having people tell me I'm looking much skinnier, and the thought of proving to myself and everyone who thought I couldn't change, that at least this I can improve about myself, and if I can do this, I can do the rest.

Dropping 4chan can't come soon enough.
>>
>>40855802
I've just turned lifting into my addiction and calorie counting goes hand in hand with annoying OCD bullshit.
>>
>>40855595
Sorry for bumping down your sips thread
>>
holy SHIT lads
almond milk is the dogs bollocks

it's like milk... but nutty
fuck.. all the wasted years drinking the bovine jew
>>
>>40851780
WTF.. she is eating on ground with a plastic sheet. I know she can't eat in the kitchen as she has ED and binging but get a mini fold up table Japs use.
>>
>>40855827
i do have pics but self image is still a huge problem. my brain is a bitch
>>
>tfw lost two kg this week
>not sure if it's just a drop in water weight or making up for slow progress
>scared to weigh myself again
>>
>>40855864
Almond milk doesn't have shit tons of hormones in it either, and if you get unsweetened then it has far fewer calories than cow's milk and still has more calcium.

Whole Foods has Blue Diamond Almond Milk on sale this week and there's a coupon for them too at http://www.mambosprouts.com/coupon-gallery

I bought 16 quarts (printed the coupon on different PCs)
>>
>>40855983
While you're redpilling us on almond milk, can someone tell me why walnut oil is better?
>>
Is seeing a nutritionist a good idea?
>>
>>40856033
if someone calls themselves a 'nutritionist' then pay them no mind

if they're a dietician however...
>>
>>40855442
>tfw on a 1k deficit
>feel hungry all the time, but I ignore it and drink a fuckload of water.

It's annoying, really, but it's for the best. I'm a fat piece of shit at 6'1 and 240lbs and i'm kidding myself if I think I can do this in moderation. All or nothing.
>>
>>40856037
Ah, my bad, I wasn't aware of the distinction. I meant someone who is actually a doctor and deals with food/diets/nutrition.
>>
>>40856060
I guess they'd be able to tailor a diet plan to your specific needs
ultimately they'll just relay information you can get here for free
>>
>>40856033
If you really think you need it.

>>40856088
Pretty much this. Assuming you're a fatty, all that really matters at the moment is a caloric deficit unless you're showing some major signs of a vitamin or nutrient deficiency (that's why on My 600 lbs Life Dr. Now always gives the fatty the same eating plan albeit to a much greater extent). A dietician is pretty much just gonna reiterate that.
>>
>>40856114
people seem to love that show
please tell me there's at least one success story in it
>>
>lose weight
>now my face looks like all sucked up in my cheek area
What the fuck, I look like a crack addict now, not sure if I like it.
>>
>>40856131
post pics crackboi, that's the look I want to have in a couple months before babby's first bulk
>>
>>40856114
>unless you're showing some major signs of a vitamin or nutrient deficiency

I have this, as well as some other issues. I also have a history of a pesky eating disorder that I'll slip into. Not binging, at least at first, but straight up starving myself/not eating at all for a week, then binging like crazy for one day, then repeat out of disgust.

I've told no one about it because I'm very ashamed.
>>
>>40856125

Melissa' Story. She lost a ton of weight, kept it off for a while, had a bunch of kids, now she's kind of a fatty but nowhere near as big.

>>40856131
would you rather be fat again? you might just be used to having a full face.
>>
File: 1.jpg (807KB, 1464x3312px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
807KB, 1464x3312px
>>40855827
>>40855934
there
>>
>>40854795
Dude, take the chiles, garlic, and onions and set it in a bowl for about a week before cooking it and adding everything else. Get some fermentation going then stop it with the vinegar (apple cider vinegar works better for hot sauces IMO)
>>
>>40856149
First pic
>making a tumblr face as though it hides the fat, 2/10
2nd pic
>average chubby faced north-western Brit one sees in clubs everywhere

Looks good lad. After 40kg you'll be looking good. You sure 40kg isn't a bit much though? What are your stats?
>>
>>40856149
You don't look like a crack addict, you look fucking normal.

>>40856143
if you're the same dude i was responding to, then a dietician might be the right way to go. In terms of that eating disorder, I'm not really qualified to help you. It's nothing to be ashamed about anon, everyone's dealing with some type of bullshit. A dietician is qualified and willing to help, unlike myself, who is only willing. Good luck.
>>
File: rogress.jpg (1MB, 2200x2200px) Image search: [Google]
rogress.jpg
1MB, 2200x2200px
I have been going to gym 4-5 days a week since the last month, the left is where I started. Have I fucked up something or is this good for one month?
>>
>>40856172
>>40856172
thanks.

133kg right now. so ideal would be to lose atleast another 50.
>>
>>40856186
just a bit like a crack addict. I think it's the haircut
ask >>>/soc/ they might have some tips
>>
>>40856186
I am the same dude. Thanks for the kind words, they mean a lot. I'm currently going through a lot medically, and support can be in short supply.
>>
>>40856216
It takes time. Give it a few months before you worry about results. Just stay consistent, as consistency is the god of gains.
>>
>>40856218
Lucky, your face doesn't look like you're 133kg. That will mean a lot when you lose more weight. Get down to 80, 70-75 if you're of the shorter persuasion, and you'll be good.
>>
>>40856055
>tfw down to 235 at 5' 11"
I don't know what's up with it. I've tried to lose weight in the past and I always end up with cravings that beat me and endless hunger until I give up. This time though no excess hunger and no cravings that couldn't be defeated by looking the item up in MFP. Feels good though.
>>
>>40856216

Listen to this guy >>40856244

Going to the gym at your rate is great, just stay consistent. Maybe take some progress pics in a couple months. Taking a progress pic after a month is like weighing yourself every day when you're trying to lose weight. Wait a week and weigh yourself and you'll see you've lost a good 5 or so pounds assuming you've done everything right; in the same vein, wait a few months before you take progress pics and you'll be pleased at the changes, assuming you've done everything right, which you seem to be.
>>
>>40856012
No idea. I use as little oil in food preparation as possible, and rarely in any condiment. Oils are unhealthy and full of calories.

If you are stir frying, just use a few tbsp of water or bouillon instead of oil.
>>
>>40854440
As someone starting at 90kg you are all making me feel much better.
>>
I'm having a lot of problems, guys.

I lost 100 pounds in the last year, and still need to lose 50 more. But so far this year, it's like my body has done EVERYTHING possible to stop my weight loss.

I haven't lost anything in 3 months, and I'm encountering new issues every week. Last month I had back stiffness problems after my daily cardio, so I had to stop doing cardio.

This month I just haven't been able to shit regularly, even though I've been eating more fiber than usual. I'm getting extremely demotivated week after week, not seeing the scale change, while also having back pain and not even being able to poop. I just fucking hate this and can't believe I have to do this for another 50 pounds. At the rate I'm going this will take a fucking decade.
>>
just had a simple bagel breakfast for 240 calories

morning /fat/
>>
>>40856366
Could be a vitamin deficiency, eating too few calories, not getting enough sleep, or some depression. If you aren't taking a Vitamin D supplement, I recommend you start now. Get a 2,000 IU one.

97% of Americans don't get the minimum recommended amount of fiber. Buy some All-Bran or Fiber One cereal and eat a bowl every morning.

If you are eating lots of meat, fish, or dairy, that too will contribute to constipation. Replace them with beans and vegetables. I eat over 40g of fiber every day and never have constipation problems.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3KB, 375x105px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3KB, 375x105px
>>40855864
Nothx.
>>
>>40856366
*not getting enough sleep or poor sleeping habits

Also try stretching before cardio.
>>
>>40854416
>fried Broccoli
Just steam it?
>>
>>40849876
How do you combat hunger whilst trying to sleep? I caved and had biscuits and milk last night about 2 hours after having an apple and shake.
>>
File: IMG_1263.png (238KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1263.png
238KB, 750x1334px
If you look real close you can see the exact second I thought a couple cheat pizzas wouldn't kill me
>>
>>40855595
It is also encouragement and community for us fat shits
>>
>>40856417
Eat a snack an hour or so before sleep.
>>
>>40854471
>the whole game, in my case, was to FIND the foods that SATISFIED but NUTRITIOUSLY

This is good advice, thats why I stay away from meme diets like keto. Us fatties have to learn to feel happy and satisfied with food thats healthy, and keep that up long term
>>
>>40854723
or you could just lose weight like normal and not have to sacrifice your stomach, i was 29 and 400 pounds when i turned things around
>>
>>40856418
>a couple cheat pizzas
>not murrican
you had 10 fucking pizzas didn't you?
>>
>>40856366
What cardio do you do? It might be time to switch up your cardio type. It's better than stopping completely. Also, it's not a race. Take as much time as you need. Practice your same good habits. It will come in due time.

>>40856417
Drink a ton of water to fill you up

>>40856418
Nice progress. Don't be discouraged by a slip-up, we all have them. If you trip going down the stairs, you don't say "fuck it" and throw yourself down the rest of them, you pick yourself up and keep walking.
>>
>>40856427
>Keto
I was on that from 95kg to 80kg, totally useful however I'd say it's only use is to kickstart weight loss, it's too drastic and limiting to be a long term solution.
>>
>>40854723
Gastric bypass is gonna shrink your stomach, sure, but it isn't going to change your lifestyle habits that got you there in the first place.
>>
File: IMG_6520.jpg (90KB, 750x771px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6520.jpg
90KB, 750x771px
I may have gone overboard but I know for a fact I wont have time for lunch today.
>>
>>40856418
LOL nice job anon
>>
>>40856461
did you eat this much because you knew you wouldn't have time for lunch or are you skipping lunch because you ate this much?
>>
>>40856461
>whole milk
>peanut butter

RRREEEEE
>>
>>40856448
>I'd say it's only use is to kickstart weight loss, it's too drastic and limiting to be a long term solution.
Exactly, I am looking for something long term. As a fat fuck with no will power, learning good habits is the most important thing to stay consistent with my weight loss.
>>
>>40856473
I knew I wouldn't.
>>
Good morning /fat/

Had my first bowl of oatmeal today and its fucking disgusting? I put cinnamon and sugar in it and it was still pretty gross. I may have cooked it too long but I don't think this is gonna work.

Also had a hardboiled egg so :')
>>
>>40856496
oatmeal is a meme, its what people ate in the old times, when everything was terrible
>>
File: 9842439.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
9842439.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>234
>still cant see my dick while standing up
>>
File: 1483577191046.jpg (15KB, 198x200px) Image search: [Google]
1483577191046.jpg
15KB, 198x200px
>>40856496
>>40856505
>tfw you've been eating garbage for so long that you can't eat foods not slathered in sugar
>>
>>40856484
Good luck to you anon, I'm a fucking idiot when it comes to planning and habits, I've just been counteracting my eating habits with time on an exercise bike and walking really quickly to work so I've got nothing solid to advise you with.
>>
>>40856414
I fried all those together (If you read that carefully) with a bit of olive oil. It was good and filling, while it had just about 200-250 calories.
>>
>>40856528
>>40856528
>>40856528
>>40856528
>>40856528
NEW THREAD

NEW THREAD

NEW THREAD
>>40856528
>>40856528
>>40856528
>>
File: 1476944721925.jpg (50KB, 499x488px) Image search: [Google]
1476944721925.jpg
50KB, 499x488px
Ate a snack pak pudding and drank a little milk. Now I can finally fall back asleep until 1:00 PM. Then fall back asleep again until 6:00 PM. Then fall back asleep at 12:00 AM until 7:00 AM.

B-but hey. Calories in, calories out, r-right?
>>
>>40856506
>-70 lbs
>gain an entire inch

feels average now man
>>
>>40856496
Cooked oatmeal is is disgusting.
Just pour cold milk over it and eat it like muesli.
>>
>>40854723
i was there too. doctors told me i needed a bypass. but i went to a clinic for eating disorders for 8 weeks. i cant promise you that it will work because out of 10 in my group i seem to be the only who didnt fall back into bad habits. its worth a try before you get yourself an irreversible help.
>>
>>40852702
>Use a fucking recumbent bike.
they dont have any at the gym, but the have the regular ones. ill try

>>40854591
>>40855086

anywhere I can get an idea to eat better other than "more veggies"

>>40854792
thanks
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.