[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fat/ Fatty General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 32

File: ff3.gif (14KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
ff3.gif
14KB, 633x758px
Last Thread >>40547119
Who is /fat/ for?: Fat members of /fit/ who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat.

Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it.
>>
File: Crying.jpg (97KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
Crying.jpg
97KB, 645x773px
>>40562640

i made this thread and I thought i was a fatty but it turns out i might be skinnyfat which is even fucking worse

i never thought I'd be skinnyfat, I thought I had a good base of muscle.
>>
File: Rapid Expansion.png (832KB, 1008x959px) Image search: [Google]
Rapid Expansion.png
832KB, 1008x959px
>>40562996
bump for fatties, myself included.
I highly doubt anyone on this board is THIS fat, so I want to remind all my fellow fatties that you're not too far gone. it's possible to get better. THIS woman on the right is the point of no return. you can make it. you were smart enough to recognize your fatness before it got too far and you had to accept it like it did for this blob
>>
>>40563267
there is no such thing as a point of no return. People can get to a healthy weight from being 700lb and the girl in the picture is no more than 350-400lb.
>>
>board is called /fit/
>/fat/ is consistently the best general
does BF% directly correlate to post quality?
>>
>>40563867
>visceralfat.jpg
if you get to that point kill yourself
>>40562640
is a good example of "fat".
>>
I'm curious. Who here actually has a food scale and is committed to tracking very accurately?
And if you aren't, why not?
>>
>>40564951
have a food scale, weigh everything, i have done it for a little over 2 months now and i'm sure i could stay below my calorie goal without the scale but it feels better to know for sure.
>>
>>40564951
Did Keto for two years and I had one. At first I measured everything except coffee (black). Was big on MFP and adding uo everything. Been back on keto since early January and I'm not so hardcore doing it.I measure things like cheese and pepperoni, but I'm not so autistic about weighing chicken or meat. Worth the purchase if you don't own one.
>>
Why is this thread busy during euro hours and dead during american hours.

Stop fucking lying to yourself, burgers.
>>
>>40565190
>>
File: 123KK.png (21KB, 790x235px) Image search: [Google]
123KK.png
21KB, 790x235px
meh day, trying out low carb, feel like i could be doing better with my food choices (500 of those calories were empty calories from a packet of chocolate cookies) but overall i'm still losing weight so i'm trying to stay positive, and i gonna go lift in a couple of hours.

post em' if ya want
>>
>>40562996
Serious question here:

I got down from 255 lbs at 6'5" to 225 in about 2.5 months, but the last month I have been struggling to loose more than about .5 a pound a week despite reducing my cutting calorie count from what I was already at (2400 to 2000 a day). If I want to loose more weight, should I cut that figure even further? I lift 5x a week and do cardio on a 6th day so I assume that would be enough exercise wise? I'm about 20% body fat I think now if that means I should change anything.
>>
Joined a new gym today, really nervous because my ex goes there also. I had a really bad dream about him last night, I was sobbing through the entire thing.

I'm scared of seeing him. But it won't stop me from going. It is the nicest gym in town
>>
>>40564951
I have one. I use it for calorie dense stuff like almonds. But I'd never bother measuring out most veggies. Don't need to know the exact number of calories down to a single digit.
>>
File: attachment[1].jpg (64KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
attachment[1].jpg
64KB, 633x758px
>was 350
>now 200 after about two years of work
>spent about 9 months "recomping"
>didn't really build that much muscle, still a fucking dyel, but started working on posture issues plus fixing a fucked up shoulder
>ready to get back on the cut

Give it to me straight brahs.

If I work hard, go to the gym every other day, and eat right, how is it gonna take me to drop this last 30-50lbs?

Also, if I'm 5'11 King of Manlets, what weight should I be aiming to cut down to before I can start recomping/bulking?

I'm so tired of the eternal cut.
>>
>>40562996

Hey /fat/ glad to see you guys are still making these thread I was in the Thread 0 and remember how motivating it was

Haven't had a very good week though bros I've spent the entire past seven days engaging in really bad binging/purging episodes and I can tell that my esophagus irritated but I'm just finding it so hard to stay on track.

I'm okay now just drinking water and I know tomorrow is a new day so I'll try again.
>>
>>40563919

This is just the most easily accessible general because it's a bunch of fatties new to /fit/ so they don't know any of the acronyms and terms other gens use
>>
>>40564951
>And if you aren't, why not?

Poor and lazy. Just let me eat my grilled chicken and steamed vegetables in peace
>>
>>40565804
>But it won't stop me from going

That's all that matters
>>
>>40566299
Make sure you don't starve yourself. It's OK to feel hungry but if you are fantasizing about food and binging you need to eat more.
>>
>>40566469

Really? I just thought I was a glutton.
>>
>>40566242
6 months
>>
>>40566469

I am not starving myself I was doing really well cutting comfortably for about 2 months but I went home last weekend and my fatty family stresses me out so when they'd sleep I would binge hardcore. Usually once I go back to university I can get back on track but I've been doing the b/p thing all week and I am a little worried I won't be able to break the cycle. It's never been this bad or intense before

>>40566528
Isn't me by the way
>>
>>40566595
i've also been struggling with b/p, i'm still losing weight but i need to get this shit sorted out, lost 3lbs this week and i got another 3 to lose next week, need to quit this bad habit ASAP
>>
>>40566983
Yeah I know its destructive and I am too afraid to weigh myself because I feel like I have gained a lot of my weight back that I spent two months on.

How do we stop doing it?
>>
File: dooodle.png (41KB, 608x618px) Image search: [Google]
dooodle.png
41KB, 608x618px
216 right now. Trying to get back into eating right and hitting the gym.

Also trying to quit cigs, one day down and no explosions so far. Wish me luck /fat/
>>
>>40567277
GOOD LUCK
>>
>just drank 2 litres of chocolate milk or 2000 kcals in 2 hours

based
>>
was like 240lb 3 months ago, now 218 and I feel fine af
>>
>>40566595
Same here, it's the availability that gets me. My family is actually super /fit/ accept me (I did do power lifting all throughout highschool) but they keep so much junk food that thye never eat. When I get Home its too tempting.

I'm going back on Saturday wish me luck
>>
>>40562996
I recently started taking care of my mother. I have to help her go to places, get used to my area, and other stuff. It has seriously cut into my gym time. I'm still up now to do laundry. I hope I can go this weekend but chances are she needs me here. I tried to get her to join a gym or a community thing like The Y but she doesn't want to. She is overweight like me but her body just can't handle it anymore.
>>
>>40567536
Hopefully once you get her settled in you can get back to your gym time, right?

If not, have her help pay for a home gym.
>>
I will join you in a few months.
I need to get fat and then lose it for a bet.
What is it like being 300~ pounds?

What is the fastes way to get to that weight?
Please help so that I can convert another fatty.
>>
>>40567536
If you don't take care of your body you'll be in a similar situation down the road. Make time.
>>
Don't give up fatbros. People will try to bring you down, but the most fickle enemy is you. Never lie to yourself and keep on pushing in everything you do and you will make it. From a former fattie at 230 lbs, 6'0. Much love.
>>
>>40568006
People who have done that are never the same after they lose the weight. Quit being stupid.Think about your own health.
>>
>>40568317
What do you mean by "never the same"?
I just want to show my obese friend it's doable.
>>
File: 1488433590063.jpg (53KB, 820x760px) Image search: [Google]
1488433590063.jpg
53KB, 820x760px
>lose about 45 lbs
>getting compliments at work (yes, from girls LOL) because of how much weight I've lost
>work at an office job, so there are other fatbros, and they are asking for advice
>such confidence and motivation

The mental gains are REAL, fellow fatties, there's an actual butterfly effect to all of this - It may be completely unrelated, but I have a job interview on Tuesday for a better position
>>
>>40568354
better way to do it friendo
>>
>>40568354
I hope this is bait... don't be a dumbass
>>
>>40568354

Show him someone else's before and after. There are plenty of people who have already done it
>>
>>40568464
He wants my living proof.
And it can't be that bad/hard to reach 300
>>
File: weightloss.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
weightloss.png
1MB, 1136x640px
>>40568354
show fat friend before and afters, best way to motivate

pic related
>>
>lose 80lbs
>visible abs
>loose skin
>hate my body more because of all the work I do

wasn't worth it kek
>>
>eat super light
>did my work out with new exercise added in
>go get my nintendo switch
>run into new /fit/ gym buddies i made who are in line too
>fat gamestop employee gave me the special edition of Zelda and bomberman by mistake along witht he pro controller
> only ordered zelda and the switch
If this is my new life. i accept it
>>
>>40568644
I should add
I didn't get the special edition in place on a normal copy. i got both
>>
>>40564951
I've been a fatty twice in my life including now back in highschool when I lost weight I never actually used a scale before and just some how lost it through football and eating rice and chicken pretty much. Second time around I weigh things and autistic-ally track my calories.

I recommend this to any /fat/ on here it's really worth the purchase and it's a lot easier then using measuring cups once you get the hang of it
>>
>>40565799
Firstly make sure you're not lying to yourself is there any foods you're not counting? Secondly, if you're coming from /fat/ you're probably better doing more cardio then lifting. I would do cardio every day for 45 minutes on what ever doing some decent intensity and then do weight lifting three times a week. Cut the calories down to 1500 hundred and just add the calories you burn from cardio on to your daily total the fat will melt off happy losing anon!
>>
>>40566242
I know the feeling of all things eternal being annoying (le edgy alt right fag here)

I'm in the same boat dude I'm in the king of manlets mod at 217. You can honestly do it man you've made it this far you're going to hate this for another three months or so but then when you make it and can start lifting for some serious size and do a bulk think of how happy you will be that you didn't end up going power lifting mode and being the fat strong guy.

I think you should aim for 170 maybe I'm aiming for 160-170 and I didn't get big enough for loose skin so I think if you can guage the lose skin some how aim for 165 + what ever your lose skin is and that should be your target weight.

>apply tons of moisturizer on your body and sides to stop some damage.

Good luck :)
>>
Is Ketosis a meme or should I subsist on a diet of meat and eggs for the next month or two?
>>
>>40566299
You can do it lad. I quit drinking diet pop and it really curb my binges for food. For some reason I would have 5 pops or so then I would just explode and eat a million calories in one sitting. I think it has something to do with the artificial sweeteners I'm not to sure though I'm just doing a observational bro science claim on it.

Anyways good luck anon the first step is realizing what you're doing is wrong!
>>
I'm scared
>>
>>40567277
Quit smoking almost 3 years ago I think now I don't remember that well. Anyways quitting smoking is the best thing you can do for yourself man. You save so much money and most girls think that you're more attractive. Also you'll save about 70 dollars a week that's almost 240 a month so you can get yourself another car or a project to invest money into.

You will have to accept the increase of appetite that comes with quitting though I'm not going to lie you will probably end up at 230 pounds before you've been clean long enough to attempt to stop using food as an escape.
>>
>>40567536
>>40567554

Home gym does sound like the best solution anon. Sorry to hear about your mom.
>>
>>40568509
I promised him and I am a man of my word.
So,how do I become a 300 pound blob fast?
>>
>>40568684
>eating extra to make up for calories you lose from excercising
People really do this? Kek
>>
>>40568006
It's not worth it man. Once you enter the /fat/ zone your dealing with an unavoidable addiction. You have to eat to survive but you're also addicted to eating all the time. It's an awful situation I would put your pride aside and just lose the bet.
>>
>>40568375
good stuff anon keep up the good vibes and the struggle of weight loss!
>>
>>40568573
what's your height and what weight did you start and then drop down too?
>>
>>40568780
It's worth it.
It's a testament to my willpower.

And it doesn't matter if I become a blob forever.
Can't be that bad to live to eat.
>>
>>40568776
yea I set the bar at 1500 hundred but for some reason I'll have to eat 1900 to feel normal. So I just go to the gym and set the machine to say I'm 180 pounds when I'm actually 217 so I get some extra calories and maintain a steady loss of weight.
>>
>>40568802
I can't really offer anymore then my testimony on this Japanese cartoon review bored. I think you should highly reconsider eating to live is nice. But it messes with your mental state it's not just a physical ailment. you get depressed and you feel paranoid that other people are commenting on you the shit sucks.
>>
>>40568813
Even if I lose the bet,we will still be buddies,just fat buddies.
(Maybe even race who can be bigger or something)
>>
>>40568802
As a fat fuck at 180lb 6'1" (was 210 at my worst) it is the worst fucking thing in the world.
And hell, I'm sure a decent amount of people here would say that 210 is nothing compared to them. I personally looked at myself at 210 and said "I will never let it get worse than this. I will kill myself before I hit 300"
I still suffer serious mental issues and depression at 180 but I can't even imagine what it's like being 300+ lbs and not being completely fucking delusional as a coping mechanism.
>>
>>40568824
That was the day this anon sealed his fate forever. Never being able to leave 4chan and all the boards within it.
>>
>>40568868
The other thing that motivates me is morbid curiosity.
>>
Guys, it's my day off today. I got up at 7.30pm and drove 30mins to my gym across rush hour traffic just so I could get a 5th workout in this week.

I don't even recognise myself anymore...
>>
Anyone have any good videos for kettlebell exercises?

I only got two 2.5kg ones, most vids i find are some retarded 8kg or heavier shit that doesnt seem to work much with a 2.5kg on

Only thing i found is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uepe2BmqlYo

But they dont have many arm exercises? Are there more?
>>
File: oooooooooo.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
oooooooooo.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
How many calories here? cant be more than 700 right? boiled chicken
>>
Guys everytime i try to do an exercises requiring to rise my arm around 90% degrees or higher towards my head my shoulder does a weird sound like something is dislocated or something.
>>
>>40569281
500 tops.

Buy a food scale.
>>
>>40569281
weigh it
>>
How do i calculate fried chicken? Homeade one

I took a chicken brast around 5.5 ounces, the usual size.

Cut it in little pieces like 7-8, put flour+pepper>then dip in egg>then dip in bread crumbs and throw at hot olive oil.

How would i be able to calculate that? it certainly is below 1300 right?
>>
>>40569436
not even close to 1300

5.5oz chicken is like 225 valories
>>
Talk me out of bulking, guys. I still have 40 or 50lbs to lose, but I'm getting frustrated at my lack of progress in my lifts. I already fucked up and ate at maintenance twice this week because muh protons. I feel like I need to eat nothing but whey to hit my macros without going over 1500.
>>
>>40569444
The oil is like 120 a tablespoon though, isn't it?
>>
>>40565190
American fatties believe it cant be helped eitherway cause genetics

Considering their low knowledge level of genetics cant we Just shill them in believing they can activate a dormant diet gene by strict dieting that allows healthy weightloss?
>>
>>40569444
That is the chicken.

The chicken is dipped in flour, eggs and bread crumbs throw in a pan full of olive oil

>>40569497
That is also the thing, you cant calculate fried oil well, you need a lot of oil and dont know how much will be in the chicken. You cant count per tbsp
>>
Over ate two days, and I fasted for two days. Actually pretty easy, but I probably fucked my body a bit.

Probably not gonna do that again just in case
>>
I stopped restricting my calorie intake because I was put on three new medications that can apparently cause weight loss. They can even cause detrimental weight loss when combined. I figured I'd listen to my body for awhile on these new meds to make sure I wasn't hurting myself.

Did I make the right call? It feels a little strange as I was getting used to my rituals. My bouts of hunger and then not feeling hungry at all are all over the place right now bc of these damn meds. I don't like it.
>>
>>40569639
Depends on if they cause weight loss because they suppress appetite or because of something else
>>
food scale ordered, and chicken breast are thawing

LET'S DO THIS

I'm still so fucking upset with myself I let myself go after losing weight the first time. Started at 200lbs then went down to 145lbs but balooned to 220lbs now. Time to hit that low again
>>
May I share my sad story with you guys?
>>
>>40569841
Go ahead.
>>
>>40569807
I feel you m8
Also damn, I really need to get a scale
>>
>>40563919
It's hard to browse /fit/ as a recovering fatty and not get made fun of for being fat even if you're someone who's been working on getting fit for a year (I mean some of us are big, it's gonna take time for us to get into shape).

Like I hate asking a question in any other general and getting called a fat retard for not understanding something thats new to me too.

Think of it like this: If new fatties have their own thread it keeps us from asking newb questions in threads that are perhaps for more advanced fitizens (Such as those maintaining or only building muscle at this point)
>>
>>40569865
>gf has a bunch of fat friends
>they get her into this whole feederism/feedie ordeal
>she starts packing on the pounds
>she said I should follow her on this journey if I really love her
>I join her because muh love
>Over the past few years we have been gradually gaining weight
>We become slobs and blobs
>fast forward to today
>we move away
>we want to get in shape but can't because we keep enabling each other
>keep gaining weight with no end in sight

I don't want to be fucking 370 punds anymore dammit.Why did I even decide to go along with this?
>>
>>40564951
I have one but i've never used it until tonight (Got two unusually tiny watermelons and couldn't estimate how much was there but was sure I could eat a half. I just weighed it, ate the half, then deducted the weight of the rind when I was done.

I've been guessing up until this point but I think I'm going to start weighing it out. I mean it's easy enough to do.
>>
>>40565799
Are you sure you are 20% bf?

225lb at 6'5" seems like a good weight for a lifter.
>>
>>40569899
You are both mentally ill if you were convinced that purposefully gaining weight was a good idea, or in any way related to love. I doubt you even know what love is, if what you're saying is true.

Lose the weight. Normally I'd say dump her too but it sounds like you're just as stupid as she is so you might as well stay together. Make sure she loses it too. Count calories, go exercising together, don't give up. And be less retarded in the future.
>>
>>40569961
It just sort of happened and it was like an avalanche.Once I was in the system I couldn't stop
>>
Anyone else have problems with their S/O or family in regards to their diets?
My husband keeps doing things like hiding the scale or encouraging me to eat more even though I'm counting my calories and know if i've eaten enough or not (I found out today my calorie logger won't let me end the day on too few calories so even if I misread the amount it won't let me log it that way.

He encourages me to give into cravings, and worse yet he has a bad habit of being so lazy to the point where he won't eat unless I do, which means I either eat something with him (which he's usually picky as hell over which doesn't help) or tell him to fend for himself (he won't) and face the wrath of him being hangry, OR I encourage him to eat unhealthy by just throwing chips at him for convienience to myself since he isn't "satisfied" by the foods I want to eat (yet when he DOES eat a salad he's always surprised by how full he gets by them).

Add the fact that he himself is in decent shape (He has no muscle but for a guy he's in good shape. Not fat, he's decently active in warmer months, etc) and it's harder for him to understand that I HAVE to exercise and I HAVE to eat well if I'm going to see the results I want.

He lets me exercise at least but how can I get him to understand and support me? Do I force him to eat better with him since we're married (I'd rather him make his own decisions as long as he stays active which he does).

Please help guys. I'm like 400 calories over tonight because he encouraged me to eat some snacks with him (i know he never forces me but i did say "I can't I've already eaten enough today")
>>
>>40570019
Just accept your fate 2bh.
We should all become fat
I wish I was fat.
>>
>>40570028
Ugh that's too disgusting of a thought.
I'm fat but I seriously hate fat people and the fat mentality. I want to change.
>>
>>40564951

Food scale is good. I actually use an old postage scale, same thing really.

Measuring spoons are good too. Everything from 5ml up to a cup.

Realising a portion of rice is a quarter cup dry was a good starting point to weight loss.

Cutting pork shoulder raw into 85-90g portion bags to be frozen so I have a freezer drawer full of portions was also useful.

Total investment of all this is about £11. So there is no excuse. Not to mention the money you save on food.
>>
>>40569993
To be fair, we all understand the "eating with a loved one" problem. Getting delivery, eating at restaurants, snacking on biscuits... It's hard, but once you're both at the point where you're looking good and feeling great it'll be worth it.
We're all gonna make it
>>
>>40570019
You're not two people, you're one, and you're supposed to share your thoughts. Tell him this is important to you and what you want, and that you would appreciate it if he helped you too. Don't be negative and scold him, be positive and say how nice it'll be when you're not just looking better but are more comfortable with who you are.
>>
>>40570104
Just pointing out that the price of meat varies greatly by location so while you might be able to afford pork shoulder (lmfao pork shoulder) and rice for that much, not everyone will. Where I live its $10 a pound for chicken, i don't even know the exact price for pork because i've never tried to buy any.

Was $2 a pound where I used to live :'(
>>
>>40570127
Just fucking do it.
>>
>>40565804

To me this actually read:

Joined a new gym today because my ex goes there also, really nervous. I had a bad dream last night, I was sobbing through the entire thing. Our inevitable first meeting didn't go out how I planned.

I'm nervous about inevitably bumping into him. But it won't stop me from going and forcing myself into his peripheral vision and hopefully back into his life... Even if it is to just mess with him.

The excuse I'm going to use when I see him is that it's the nicest gym in town, the not so nice gyms I've been going to before, and will likely return to after making a scene at this new gum, have built up my confidence to start shoving my new body in his face.

I've followed him around last week and on his social media profiles to understand his routine and he goes on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 9-11am except for every last Friday of the month when he visits his mother and he goes on Saturdays to make up. So if I go on Tuesdays and Thursday and Saturdays it should be good and it wont look suspicious to other gym goers that I have been 3 Saturdays in a row before we might have an unfortunate overlap.

Nothing bad can come from this.

I'm not going to let my dick EX stop me from joining the gym that I know he frequents.

The horrible bastard. I hate him. He's probably going to cause me all sorts of trouble and say that I'm his crazy psycho stalker. He better not join my old gym after I join his gym to get away from me OR I MIGHT JUST DECIDE TO JOIN MY OLD GYM THAT I LIKED BETTER ANYWAY.
>>
Day zero for me boys. Currently 350lb fat as fatass, I have been as low as 280 recently but always break and go back to shitty habits.

Wish me luck I'm going to lurking and posting in this general a lot from now on.
>>
>>40570019
very easy, tell him this is important to you and if he continues to sabotage you, you just leave him.
>>
>>40565804
Never stop going
Get fit and show him what he's missing
>>
>>40565804
This seems like a post to bait all those "I just got d-dumped" newfriends.

If it isn't though, make sure to make friends at the gym. The big, muscly ones. Ask them to spot you. Constantly. On very visible machines
>>
>>40570176
Not the op but dude. When my ex and I broke up I was petrified of seeing him. Because he was ABUSIVE. More so verbally and emotionally, as well as sexually than physically.
It's scary to think of running into him. I still get panic attacks when I think he's still stalking me (Because I do still get texts from him or people he knew at random. yes i've changed numbe).

Don't make fun of the anon who might be experiencing some legitimate trauma that they should see a psychologist about to get over.

The best first step is not letting fear rule you and continuing with your routines even if there's a risk of seeing them there.

Anon is safe at the gym even if her ex is there.
>>
>>40570209
I can't justifiably leave my husband, with whom i otherwise have a perfect relationship with, because he encourages me to eat. What kind of autistic idea is that?
>>
>>40562996
What's the point in these new fat hate threads if we can't post fat hate? 90% of overweight never try to lose weight properly because it requires too much effort. Fat people thus decide to remain fat as it requires less effort. I would really like proof that you are losing weight. Otherwise it looks like you are shitting up my board and should go back to r9k
>>
>>40562996
What's the point in losing weight. It would just bake me as stupid as the jocks. I can't be skinny without being really stuepid because i was born this way. Plus lifting kills brain cells
>>
>>40570347
you do realize you are on 4chan yes?
>>40570373
the threads are awful if everyone just posts pics and stats, had that before it was awful.
>>
>>40570347
Typical roastie doesn't want to love without Chad but won't even giver guys like me a chance.
>>
>>40570347
Cuck him.
>>
>>40562996
>Me
>6'2"
>213lb

Am I fat?

What can I do to fix it?
>>
>>40570347
there was this one episode of my 600lb life, where the husband went right to a fastfood place after his wife had gastric bypass surgery and told "just hold this burger for me" - maybe you should watch it and if you see similiarities the relationship isn't as perfect as you think?

starts at ~26 minutes:
https://youtu.be/oJ2UbxUtkwI?t=1563
>>
>>40570186
I'm at 255 down from 331.

You can do this shit anon. These generals are a new thing, didn't exist when I started. Lurking here is a good reminder of the goal.
>>
>>40570538
>asks if his BF% is too high
>doesn't post BF%
>>
>>40570019
>she eats salad for cutting
sickening
>>
>>40564951
I don't need to track calories. I'm a whole foods vegan and eat as little salt, processed oil, and processed sugar as possible.

Tfw eat as much as I want and get them joocy ottermode gains
>>
>>40571178
mental illness is not something to brag about.
>>
>crack open a can of herring
>looks disgusting, almost vomit but been doing cardio for hours and haven't eaten for a long time
>squeeze in some lemon, put some chili flakes in
>it tastes fucking fantastic
>going back to ALDI to buy another 10 tomorrow
What are your happy cutting feels, /fat/?
>>
I've had such a shitty week /fat/ with so many opportunities to overeat, and I failed myself. Gained half a pound since Tuesday. How can I come back from this?
>>
>>40570547
>What can I do to fix it?
I appreciate the concern anon but I assure you we're fine. I've been in abusive relationships before and we dated long enough that I know everything about this boy and what kind of person he is. He's lazy and sometimes holds in his anger instead of communicating but we always talk things out in the end and I get him to do shit by working with him and communicating back.

It's just when it comes to actually eating hes very insistent. He's worse than my italian grandfather (Who will insist you eat thirds and fourths of a meal and you will because his cooking was godly)

Like this is the best story I have to assure you:
One time we had a fight and he said "Fuck you" to me and said I was "being a bitch."
and it hurt a lot. After he'd calmed down we talked about it and agreed that we can't make fights personal. Fights are gonna happen when you live with someone. But calling someone a dick or a bitch or telling them to fuck off is only going to build resentment over time until your first instinct is to call eachother names instead of communicate the problem (Saying things like "I'm so fucking pissed" is okay though we're not anal on the no swearing thing).

We have a good relationship.

He's just an enabler to the extreme sometimes.

Should I just be really cold towards him involving food? ("You either eat what i'm eating when i'm eating it or you cook for yourself" kinda thing?) or stagger my own meals more to when hes hungry so i can just woman in the kitchen it up for us both?

Doesn't help that he doesn't know how to cook and is scared to cook chicken (He doesn't want to kill us despite me buying thermometers).

He's a bit of a doofus.
>>
>>40570912
Salad for lunch is a pretty standard staple friend. Salads can be more than iceburg, some cherry tomatoes and MAYBE a cucumber.

I don't use dressing if that's what you mean lmfao.
>>
>>40571357
>I don't use dressing if that's what you mean lmfao.

yes thats good but salad is only for fiber and should be paired with meat or some sort of high protein calorie dense food that won't make you a nasty whore farting around the office all day
>>
>>40570903
How does one figure out what their body fat % is?
>>
>>40571396
measuring tape and http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>>
>>40571419
>measuring tape

fugg

Suppose I should go and buy one of those things tomorrow.
>>
>>40571429
yeah

feels good when you lose an inch
>>
>Celebrated my best friend's 21'st birthday
>went out to a japanese hibachi
>Ordered the chicken fried rice, my fave
>After eating we went next door to a bar, ordered a liquid cocaine and a small thing of mozerella sticks
>Came home worried that I screwed up my weight
>Weighs myself the next morning, I did not drop or gain weight
I can call that a success. To make up for it I'm going to do an hour of swimming and an hour of cardio/weight lifting today
>>
>>40570336
If she legit was abused she would avoid going to the same gym and find another one. Seems like she just wants attention/drama.
>>
>>40562996
>6'1
>200ish lbs

I just got back into squats and deadlifts today. I squatted 50kg and deadlifted the same, I was working on my form, didn't want to push any harder because I could feel the very tips of my quads were in huge amounts of pain. That's what I guess for half assing my stretches, on monday I'll try to load up 60 and shit that out.

Got my bench back up to my old level, which was 57.5 kg, and I KNOW I can do more next week.

>tfw can't do cardio worth shit because being fat makes your joints hurt when you run

I just want to go back to the 70kg 19 year old I was that ran for miles without having to stop because of joint pain.
>>
>>40571345
I'm sure you can figure something out that makes both of you happy. As for cooking i don't think you need to cook super healthy meals for weight loss, i eat pretty much whatever i like and just control the portions appropriately.
>>
I'm doin' it boys.

Started out weighing 243~245 on Feb 2nd at 5'10, now I'm down to 233 as of yesterday. Making decent strength gains with SL5x5, and losing ~2lbs a week by eating better.

My local YMCA is having a free 8 week weight loss event too. We're getting free access to all weight loss centers in the area, 10% discount at local fitness stores and healthy meals in local restaurants, and we even get free access to local weight loss classes. I'm not really into all that shit, but it'll be nice getting a trainer to make sure my form is correct.
>>
>>40570019
Combo there of him being worried of you getting fit and leaving him and also the fact that your improvements to yourself show up his fatass - of course he could do the work himself and get fit, but it's easier to just sabotage your significant other's work and fuck them up so then you're both fucked up.

Get him to change or get the fuck out of dodge.
>>
>was 350lbs
>get down to 200
>hammering out various posture and body issues that are the result of being obese since I was old enough to walk
>used to be like 5'8 back when I was a hamplanet, thanks to basically having a hunchback
>nowadays
>turns out I'm almost 6 foot tall when standing correctly

feels good man
>>
>>40565835
Actually it's right by my house and has and indoor pool & my mom chose it out for my 21st birthday for a personal trainer. And it's really nice. Good try though
>>
>>40569651
I'm on levothyroxin, metformin, and maximum D3 supplements. I think it has to deal with it adjusting your BMR, but I can't say for sure.
>>
>>40571234
>What are your happy cutting feels, /fat/?
spent at least 10 hours in the last 3 days cleaning my kitchen, it isn't perfect yet but at least i don't have to be ashamed using it anymore.
>>
>>40571234
>>40572099
>5'11, 210lbs
>eating 1500 calories a day
>lifting every other day
>cardio on some rest days for 30 minutes
>breath mints and cigarettes are the only thing keeping me from killing myself

Cutting isn't happy.

Cutting is starving and suffering.

But hey at least I've gone from 210-204 in like a week and a half, two weeks.
>>
>>40568769
Fastfood. For every meal. For years.

Now you are me.
>>
>>40572240
I'll let you in on a secret, anon. If you don't enjoy cutting at a base level, you'll probably never make it.
>>
Amerifat here looking to get /fit/ and sexy. Whats the best way to go about it? I used to go running regularly but fell out of the routine. Im big and tall so should i focus more on cardio or weights?
>>
>>40572277
I've lost 150lbs already, anon.

I hate the cut but I love what the cut represents.
>>
>>40572299
Damn. Carry on, then.
>>
>>40572283
stop eating garbage and read the sticky.
>>
>>40571517
I jog 10k every 2 days, am 6'1 and 95kg

Just remember to step lightly and don't do it every day, and you'll be fine. And also stretch before and after.
>>
Serious question.

Does being on /fit/ hinder progress? When I visit here I stick to my cut and don't cheat, but I also spend about 4 hours a day refreshing old threads and wasting my time. I know I should be making mental gains but that's when the boredom and fear of giving up kicks in.
>>
>>40572240
Not gonna make it
>>
>>40572450
sounds like OCD my man
>>
>>40562996
fuck off fattie
>>
My goal weight is for 20% body fat at 160 lbs and 6'3. That's a very generic, I'm a fatass and I need to cut goal.

Now that I've been cutting for awhile, and I'd esimate at the current moment I'm 6'3 220 pounds, I'm mildly curious about my true body fat, as I've been working out for about 6 months now, and believe I'd fall into the "builtfat" category, or borderline at least.

Now, if I continue to work out, and build muslce, by the time i were to be cutting to 160, I imagine my body fat % would actually be somewhere in the ~10% area, does that sound about right?

I don't have an official gym, or weights so I can't give you any true reference lifting stats.

But, the main lift I've been working on progressing is pull ups, which I can now do a max rep of 10 in a row, full ROM.

PS, is my inactive TDEE really ~2300?
>>
>>40572516
picture? i highly doubt that you are "builtfat"
>not at a gym,
>workout is a couple pullups,
>doesn't know weight aka probably not weighing
>>
>>40572516
>My goal weight is for 20% body fat

The numbers you gave are fine, but why 20% bf?

Assuming you're a dude, you should be aiming for 10-15%.

Also, 160lbs 6'3 is real skinny. You'll have no muscle.
>>
>>40572594
It was just a generic goal to reach a reasonable weight, but I never expected to actually be building muscle while I was cutting like I have been.

That's why I'm kind of questioning the goal now.

Like, what I had in mind originally was just dieting really harsh and losing a bunch of weight really quick.

So, that's kind of how my first few months went, but then I got into body weight training at home, and I've been doing that regularly, and now I'm realizing that 160 might be too skinny with the muscle I've been building.
>>
>>40562996
I'm 215 lbs at 5'10"

I started counting calories using an app. I want to stop being overweight and potentially having severe health issues later in life like my grandpa (He died recently due to medication for a weight-related issue)

Currently aiming for 1750 calories or less a day with little physical activity. Going to join Planet Fitness (closest gym) soon.

So far today I had two eggs and two slices of unbuttered toast for breakfast, and a pb sandwich for lunch just now. I'm still hungry, but with only 1100 calories left in the day I don't want to push it.

Any good means of removing the hungry feeling? That's really my only issue, and food tastes good.

As for the gym part, what should I focus on? Cardio for a while then some lifting, or start with both? I know the exercises since I used to be a gym rat in high school but it's been a while.
>>
File: DO YOUR BEST!.jpg (44KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
DO YOUR BEST!.jpg
44KB, 500x447px
Alright guys, I'm going to start being a regular in here. I've finally gotten serious. I'm at a 1200kcal, ketogenic diet. I'm working out at least 4 times a week, minimum 45 minutes.

My stats:
>gender:
female
>height
5'4"
>starting weight
171 lbs
>current weight
168 lbs
>goal weight
115 lbs

I'll be back regularly, I need motivation! Going for my workout now. Do your best!
>>
>>40564951
I don't.
It's pointless. If you ballpark and estimate properly as a fatass you WILL lose weight, as long as it's close to your calorie goal.
Plus or minus 100 calories isn't going to matter.

Now if you're already fit as fuck and low bf% but going for even lower (12% to 10% or something) THAT'S usually when you need a food scale.
>>
>>40564951
I eat mostly pre-packaged foods and read the calories directly off of that.

I'm in the process of moving, and when that is finished I'll have a more equipped kitchen and plan to truly commit at that point.

But, I do track accurately.
>>
>>40573230
>keto
>workout 4 times a week
You're gonna make it
>>
>>40573230
L O N D O N?
>>
Is 0 calorie soda a bad habit? Other than that I drink water.
>>
>>40573482
>Is 0 calorie soda a bad habit?

Yes.
>>
>>40573482
Soda expands your stomach and drops your blood sugar.
Stick with water. If you're gonna have some, no more than one a day.
>>
>>40573536
Talkin about diet soda obviously
>>
>>40573546
Duh.
>>
File: .png (223KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
.png
223KB, 700x400px
>be grocery shopping
>have 3 bags worth of healthy foods for a whole week
>that will be 22.19€
> are you s-sure?
>yes says right here on the cash register
>but it is healthy food there is no way it can be this cheap, i read it on the internet, healthy food costs at least 4x as much as snacks and fastfood
>throw 100€ in her general direction and run away, never shop there again.

It's crazy how much money i'm saving since i started eating better, i can't believe that i used to think the healthy food is expensive meme is true.
>>
>>40574008
? healthy food is cheaper because its common and produced in bulk. rice oats milk cheese eggs etc. done fall for bs memes and use ur head in the future.
>>
>>40574008
>Healthy food
What the hell are you taking only vegetable and other non tasty stuff?
>>
Instead of just chicken, what about pork and steak? I can afford them.

And Soy Sauce is generally good for flavor right?
>>
I'm guessing I just have a shit ton of water weight or something? I'm doing the weekly averaging thing where I weigh myself every day and average it all out but like, I just keep going down. It's been just over a week and I've gone from 243 to 235.
>>
I caved in and ate 600 kcal of bread after having been on a lowcarb diet but I'm still under my TDEE. How much did I fuck up?
>>
>>40574714
lowcarb is a literal meme. Don't get me wrong, if you want to eat mostly protein and fat there's absolutely nothing wrong with that (it's what I do naturally because of macros), but if you have some bread it's not a big deal.

Just stay under your tdee and you'll be fine.
>>
>>40574537
I would like to know the answer to this. I am in the same boat.

I have just started tracking what i eat with minimal exercise (5k steps per day). And am down 2kgs in 4 days.
>>
>>40574537
>>40574954
normal to lose a lot if you just started or if you are extremly obese. If you keep losing that much 2 weeks from now you should probably increase calories to not lose more than 3lbs a week.
>>
Need to go do my long run, send me your energy fatbrahs
>>
>>40569265
Bump, anyone got anything for arms?
>>
File: ~kiss~.gif (995KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
~kiss~.gif
995KB, 480x270px
>>40573440
thanks anon, I hope so. And I hope you make it. I hope we all make it. <3
>>
>>40575149
Lendin my energons
>>
>>40575469
Lift weights.
>>
File: 1447017732496.png (85KB, 582x366px) Image search: [Google]
1447017732496.png
85KB, 582x366px
>>40562996
i'm back at eating shit again, cause i'm saying 'uh nuh it's not so bad' but fuck that i wanna be underweight again.
I binge ate everything considered sugary and/or fat today and won't buy new stuff. Only bad thing i got left is a bottle of coke light.
I'm 200lbs female at 6'0" and i did lots and lots of bodybuilding years ago, so i have a strong core but i started to feel less feminine and stopped completely, now i hit 200 pounds and only got a bit of belly fat.
Like, it doesn't look that bad when i haven't eaten in a day but when i have i look bloated as fuck. I even use eca-stack now and then to just keep the hunger away, but when i rest in the evening i just get craves like crazy, once or twice a week. Dunno why i had to write that down but i just wanted to share. My doc said i look like i've got a BMI of 21 when it's 29 instead. He wouldn't believe me when i told him otherwise...

How do you keep hating yourself enough, how do you keep going?
>>40575149
HHHNNNGNNGHH
>>40574537
normal at that weight, expect a slow down in progress and steady weight loss over the next months
>>40574008
i just collects plastic bottles, go shopping and a week full of veggies and grainy stuff i like 10€ netto lol
>>40573482
better than ordinary soda but still bad.
>>
>>40564951
I have a scale and use if for almost everything.
I buy chicken breasts and fish in bulk and weight them out into 4oz bags. Freeze them for throughout the week.
>>
>>40576642
>female at 6'0"
uhhhhh
>>
>>40576719
what
>>40574489
cut the excessive fat away, than it's okay till you get money again
soy sauce sucks in my opinion
>>
>>40576780
Women aren't supposed to be that tall.
Just want to make sure you're aware you have to be born female.
>>
>>40569281
Chicken breast is ~200 calories for every 4oz.
Get a food scale. They're like 10-15 bucks at walmart
>>
>>40576820
yeah, ok, i get it, ha-ha
fuck off manlet
>>
>>40576300
>>40576642

Thanks brehs I just ran my first half marathon thx 4 energon
>>
>>40576850
Freak of nature.
>>
'i'm not really sure how i feel about fatty threads on 4chan, because i was secretly fat on here for so long, but here's my progress so far thanks to calories in/calories out and fat hate threads for keeping me motivated i've gone down from 278 to 178 and i'm working on 35 more pounds ^_^
>>
>be me
>6'3"
>16
>male
>280 lbs
> Around 40% BMI
Anons, do I have a chance at making it? Started going to the gym about 2 months ago. Able to do 2pl8. I don't see any improvement in muscle tone, or weight loss. What should I do?
>>
>>40562996
>made peanutbutter fudge because a coworker requested it
>biggest mistake if my fucking life

It was so good i couldnt keep my hands off the stuff.
Thank christ he took most of the tray home with him. Theres a sandwich baggie of it in my fridge right now because my friend that im seeing on sunday wants some and im craving it so bad.
>>
>>40576891
looking great! Seems like you will make it in no time :)
>>
>>40576891
Hi, I'm Brian!
>>
>>40576891
wtf is that hair or stretchmarks
>>
>>40577106
stretchmarks
>>
>>40577106
the legs look like stretchmarks

I wonder if she had surgery because there is an odd spot under her belly button.
>>
>>40577191
nah i have two scars from brown recluse spiders!!
>>
>>40576780
I said money isn't an issue.
>>
>>40576958
>What should I do?
intermittent fasting
>>
>Be me
>Weighed 350 with 42.7 body fat percentage
>got my ass to the gym
>slowly making progress doing powerlifts and adding cardio to my program (cardio is boring)
>deadlifting a lot more now and staying at the gym longer
>two months later
>I now weigh 328 with a 38.5 body fat percentage

It will take a lot of time. But the progress is there so I got to keep making the progress. Any tips?
>>
>>40568825
You're a fat fuck at 180? I'm 6'2" 210 right now. I used to be 240 (that was fat fuck) made it down to 190. I still considered myself overweight but nothing compared to before.

And now with no gym for a year or two I'm at 210. Not a fat fuck, but still overweight.

I've stopped the process though, started going to the gym today.
>>
>>40577431
If I can't see my abdominal muscles (six-pack) I'm fat.
>>
not much to say, 253 down from 276, started Jan 9. Didn't think I could do this but I am, my Goal is 180 or 170 at which point I will switch my approach and eat over calories and focus only on gaining muscle.

Currently eating 1500 calories a day and doing only cardio workouts.

Any advice bros?
>>
Fuck guys.

I'm not obese but according to my BMI I'm about 7 kg overweight (that's ~15 lbs). I have been going to the gym and have made great progress on my running and lifts but holy hell it's hard to diet consistently. One bad day and I lose a week of progress. Fuck me guys.

Anyway, just wanted to vent.
>>
>>40577556
start a lifting routine now. I went from fat to thin and still look like shit after, need some muscle mass to look half decent.
>>
>It's Friday
>I tell myself I'm going to go a little easy on myself at the gym, I've been cutting hard and am pretty tired
>Push myself harder than I've ever pushed myself

Fuck I hate this shit. Monday's just going to roll around and I'm going to have to go further than I did today now. Exercising blows, it never gets any easier.
>>
>>40573482
As per sticky and related, not really anything wrong with it
>>
File: S_CS_1ltr[1].png (3MB, 2102x3108px) Image search: [Google]
S_CS_1ltr[1].png
3MB, 2102x3108px
>>40573536
>>40573546
s-so seltzer is still okay...?

I don't even like sweet drinks, I just need muh carbonation.
>>
>>40578121
I'm the guy whoa sked about 0 cal soda, and I tried Seltzer water

Fucking awful
>>
File: 1486493961854.jpg (26KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1486493961854.jpg
26KB, 249x249px
>>40577217

>i have two scars from brown recluse spiders!!
>>
>>40578121
from wikipedia:
By itself, carbonated water appears to have little impact on health.[1] While carbonated water is somewhat acidic, this acidity is quickly neutralized by saliva.[2]

Carbonated water may increase irritable bowel syndrome symptoms of bloating and gas due to the release of carbon dioxide in the digestive tract.[3] It does not appear to have an effect on gastro-oesophageal reflux disease.[4] There is tentative evidence that carbonated water may help with constipation among people who have had a stroke.[5] Some carbonated waters have added sodium, so they may be an issue for those on low-sodium diets.

Typical carbonated soft drinks such as colas do have health risks. Carbonated colas have a correlation with slightly decreased bone density in older women. Soft drinks are about 100 times more erosive to teeth than plain carbonated water.[3]
>>
>>40578121
also the whole diet soda thing is a fucking hoax, there is nothing wrong with diet soda - there is no evidence that it is bad for you. wikipedia again:

The safety of aspartame has been studied extensively since its discovery with research that includes animal studies, clinical and epidemiological research, and postmarketing surveillance.[38] Aspartame is one of the most rigorously tested food ingredients.[39] Peer-reviewed comprehensive review articles and independent reviews by governmental regulatory bodies have analyzed the published research on the safety of aspartame and have found aspartame is safe for consumption at current levels.[8][38][40][41] Aspartame has been deemed safe for human consumption by over 100 regulatory agencies in their respective countries,[41] including the UK Food Standards Agency,[42] the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA)[43] and Health Canada.[44]

Weight change and hunger

Since the caloric contribution of aspartame is negligible, it has been used as a means for weight loss through its role as a sugar substitute, with reviews finding that aspartame may aid in weight loss as part of a multidisciplinary weight loss program. On its own, aspartame is not known by medical literature to cause weight gain or weight loss.[8][41] Although some researchers have stated that aspartame contributes to weight gain, hunger and increase in appetite,[8][68] broad reviews and regulators conclude that aspartame has no appreciable effect on appetite.[8][38]
>>
>>40577431
I'm 6'1, used to be 230, now down to 170. Lowest was 160, bulked up a little after a few months of weight training.

You got this brah.
>>
>>40577589
I used to think like this but now I can't even gain more than 1kg per week even if I megafat eat icecream container tier eating habit.

That said, I usually lose around 1kg per week on a cut. So I'm at a 1:1 ratio with that, so even if I fuck up a month, it'll only take me another month to get back on point.

Not that I do it, but makes me not be so crazy if I eat 200 cals more than my plans.
>>
>>40577343
Started out at 350 here. Currently 200 with another 30-50 to lose.

Tips.

>DON'T GIVE UP.
Even if you fuck up a day or two. Just get back on that horse.

>DONT BE A PUSSY BITCH AND GET ALL SAD BECAUSE IT TAKES A LONG TIME
It took a long time to get that fat, it's going to take a long time to get out.

>do not fall for the builtfat/bearmode meme if you're straight and want to attract qts

and most importantly

>DO
>NOT
>EGOLIFT

Focus on FORM, not WEIGHT. MAKE SURE YOU ARE DOING EXERCISES CORRECTLY.

I egolifted and now will probably have to deal with a slipped disc in my right lumbar for my whole life. Feels bad man.
>>
>>40578590
How long did it take to go from 230 -> 160 if you dont mind me asking?
>>
>working out for 6 years
>last time i benched was on the smith machine
>usually bench good on the chest machines where you stack plates on the side
>haven't done flat in over a year and a half, but the gym added a flat machine on it so I've been going in between that, decline, incline machines
>afraid to use a straight bar cause of my shoulder
>buy fast food 5 days a week cause easy meals an protein
>drink on the weekends
>i never do cardio cause afraid to lose gains

when i first started working out I was 115lbs but now i'm close to 190lbs with a noticeable beer gut and I've told myself to quit the beer during the summer but knowing me I won't do that. My arms are still skinny and I can still wrap my thumb around my pinky on the end of my hand. I realize that doing bench workouts increases almost every part of your body except for legs but if I started to regularly do bench every week, would my forearms get bigger?

to give you anons a better idea of my workouts it goes like this
Monday-Chest
Tuesday-Arms
Wednesday-Off
Thursday-Shoulders/Back
Friday-Off
Sat-Sun Off

I've had the same routine for awhile now
>>
CHECK-IN TIME, post your numbers you fat fucks

29/Male
5'11"
Starting weight: 312
Current weight: 264 (-48)
Goal weight: ~180
>>
>>40578856
22/Male
5'10.5 but I tell the internet I'm 5'11
Starting Weight: 350
Current Weight: 203
Goal Weight: 160-170, then lean bulk back up to 180-190
>>
>>40569343
You have cancer. R.i.p bro
>>
When you take progress photos are you supposed to poke your belly as far out as possible or just stand neutral?
>>
>stalling
I don't know where these calories are going
I weighed 205 on sunday, today it's still 205
calories since then have been;
>sun: 850
>mon: 900
>tues: 950
>wed: 950
>thur: 1000
>fri: 950

where is it all going?
>>
>>40572450
Yes if you linger. Bookmark the helpful threads, check them once a day and if necessary, set a timer to get off. I read about a dozen threads total on the boards of the chan daily and I have to watch myself, it can be an addicting time-waster if I let it.
>>
>>40569436
Check an online calorie counter for 'breaded fried chicken'.
>>
alright fellow fatties, time to be honest

who here only watches what they eat and who exercise+diet
>>
>>40579618
Neither.

Who /liftbutstilleatlikeshit/ here?
>>
File: 1483858114398.png (322KB, 900x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1483858114398.png
322KB, 900x1079px
>>40574008

People need to be honest. CONVENIENT food is more expensive, not healthy food.
>>
>>40578856
29 male
6'2
starting weight: 427 (july '15)
current weight: 248 (-179)
goal weight: 200
>>
You guys should look into fasting.

Doing a 48 hour water fast once or twice a week will rapidly accelerate your weight loss.
>>
>>40579618
I've only been counting calories, I need to get back to the gym. haven't gone since christmas. but i was doing strong lifts and /fit/ talked me out of it, I'm just gonna do squats once or twice a week and just go upper body focus.
>>
>>40579654
Everyone who lifts to have a social life.
>>
>>40579697
There are tons of losing weight fast meme diets but losing weight fast shouldn't be the primary focus for fatties. The decision to lose weight should be a lifestyle change, learning how to eat and cook like a normal person is the key for longterm success.
>>
>>40579618
I exercise + diet, weighing my food. I 'watched what I ate' at first and watched my fat ass stay fat.
>>
>>40579721
It's not a meme diet. Doing a 48 hour water/tea/coffee fast completely kills the kinds of cravings that fatties normally get while giving you all kids of mental clarity gains.

I know most people here will knock it before trying it because they're too mentally weak to do it but fasting has changed my life completely.

>b-b-b-but muh gains

https://www.reddit.com/r/leangains/comments/356gyl/results_with_pics_of_my_accelerated_lean_gains_cut/
>>
>>40570019
Do some meal prep for both of you so you both can eat as needed with those and then eat some meals together. If you communicate as you say you do, great! Tell him how you feel about it and what you'd like him to do instead.
>>
>>40579740
Intermettient fasting feels like cheating. Less hungry, burn fat faster/more efficiently, more energy, bunch of health benefits, easier to work shitty food into your diet due to fewer larger kcal meals.

I do a 24 hour fast weakly on top of 16/8 but I think I'ma hold off on 48 for now.
>>
>>40579760
i stick to 16/8, i have never tried a 24 hour fast but I'm sure I could do it if i just kept myself busy.

do you split your daily calories in 6 and just add those to the other days you don't fast? or do you just eat at your normal deficit and not eat one day?
>>
>>40579773
You would obviously eat the normal amount on non-fasting days.
>>
>>40579740

Everyone that isn't retarded will not do this, at least not without first consulting with a doctor. Not eating for 2 days can be very dangerous if you for example have undiagnosed diabetes.
>>
>>40579799
Then consult a doctor first.

48 hours is nothing. People do >10 day fasts all the time.

I won't try to convince you but there are plenty of people lurking this thread. Doing these 48 hour fasts has accelerated my fat loss significantly and I feel wonderful.

It really feels like I've discovered a cheat code.
>>
>>40579740
>too mentally weak

you sound like a fuck
>>
>>40579760
>>40579773
>1971
>Not doing a 382 Day fast
>Shoogoogoogidy doodoodoogidy

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/?page=1
>>
>>40579843
I'm a fuck because I want to share an amazingly effective weight loss method? Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>40579699
Squats are good.
Hypertrophy routine is fine but make sure that strong lifts taught you correct technique
>>
>>40579740
I do 24 hours when I overeat and I don't get hungry but I don't think it's a good idea
>>
>>40579960
>but I don't think it's a good idea

Why?
>>
>>40570176
yo dude what i'm op. My gym membership (and personal trainer) is a gift for my 21st birthday. It's a half a mile from my house and I'm not paying for it so I have no say. Jeez. he didn't abuse me (like other poster talked about) but he still hits on me or tries stuff when I see him in person and I am weak towards him. Don't be like that. I'm not stalking him. We were so good together because we had the same hobbies... We see each other all the time. Still get anxious every time. I have no interest in someone that can't give me what I deserve.
>>
File: b15030a0597dfe2b927e9422bb6d8eed.jpg (339KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
b15030a0597dfe2b927e9422bb6d8eed.jpg
339KB, 1920x1200px
Sup guys.
>>
File: 3b73ce92a86df9e275f4f2955576ba2d.jpg (392KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
3b73ce92a86df9e275f4f2955576ba2d.jpg
392KB, 1680x1050px
>>40580396
Mmmmmmm, wash it down with a cold beer.
>>
File: 544434_630x354.jpg (30KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
544434_630x354.jpg
30KB, 630x354px
>>40580401
Finish with a cheeky wee sweetie, lads.
>>
>>40568794
5'11 235lb, dropped to 155lb
>>
File: images (20).jpg (13KB, 350x420px) Image search: [Google]
images (20).jpg
13KB, 350x420px
>>40580396
>>40580401
>>40580407
Delete these
>>
5'11
Male (FtM- started T in October of 2016 but I only just got to my full dose 6 weeks ago)
270 lbs

Since I started T and a new antidepressant I've been wanting to really get in shape. I've looked all over for a good "start guide" to just burning calories and eating better, but there's so many conflicting things. I have problems with stress eating (when I hit a depressive rut all I want to do is eat, I hate it).

I've started doing crunches and planks any time I feel like I want to eat. I have a 40lb tube that I do curls and one-arm rows with (forgive me I have no idea the proper terminology). I plan on getting a treadmill soon since there's not really a good/safe place to walk around here and the weather here usually sucks too.

tl;dr, anyone got a good stretching guide and general guide for cutting? I have some body goals but I dunno how obtainable they are or where to even start.
>>
>>40580462
oh boy
>>
>>40580486
I'm just a clueless fatty :'(
>>
>215 pounds
>been doing compound routine 3 times a week for a month
>squats, OHP, bench, dead lift, rows/curls(every other day), wrist work and calves
>about 20 min cardio after each workout
>only lost 4 pounds
Is it possible that muscle growth outweighed fat loss or I'm not losing fat efficiently? Should I cut at this point? The thing is that I still want to have muscle gain and I don't think I can cut that much besides milk and make my meals little lighter
>>
>>40580548
I meant (every other session(
>>
>>40580462
>>40580486

my thoughts exactly
>>
File: a6a06d9c0c55078bc39c5dad89a21d42.jpg (219KB, 736x1104px) Image search: [Google]
a6a06d9c0c55078bc39c5dad89a21d42.jpg
219KB, 736x1104px
>>40580462
Read the sticky
>>
>>40580548
losing weight is 90% diet 10% excercise, track your calories and eat better.
>>
>>40580574
I did! A few of the links don't work for me (mainly the ones about stretching, which I desperately need).
>>
>>40580583
Oh JK they're working now, my internet must have dipped out last time I tried looking. Sorry!
>>
File: Rqw_3eAB.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Rqw_3eAB.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>40580589
No worries bro, have a cookie.
>>
>>40580577
Ok. But since I just started and I have this "linear progression" I shouldn't go in calorie deficit now right, that would hinder my progression?
>>
You guys are eating too little and not doing enough barbell lifts! Eat more carbs! Do the IIFYM calculator and get under the bar with 20 minutes cardio on off days. You'll be much less miserable as you cut weight, I promise.

Stop eating for weight loss, start eating for performance and the results will follow!
>>
File: 1483338143600.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1483338143600.gif
2MB, 500x281px
How much can I "recover" from fattiness? My biggests worry is that I'll get to a healthy weight and condition and find out my body is too wrecked from years of obesity and inactivity to ever be worthwhile again. I already have acquired flat feet and a bad left ankle, impingement in my right shoulder and probably a host of other problems I'll find as I get older, and my sole reason for wanting to get fit is hoping it will fix these problems, but I feel like these are permanent issues and all I'm doing is stopping things from getting worse, which sucks.
>>
>>40573230
>5 ft 4
>168lbs

Jesus christ. You're fucking huge
>>
>>40580665
Additionally, if you struggle with binge eating, intermittent fasting may work really well for you. Lets you have large meals so you can still have that feast experience without as many calories.

Take care of yourselves! Dieting can be really hard when you've cultivated bad habits for many years. Don't give up and diet on foods you like. Diet shouldn't be misery, it should be a chance for modifying old habits into new healthy ones.
>>
>>40580694
>tfw 5'3" and 180 but can probably squat more than you
>>
>>40580644
No thank you, not a big fan of sweets in general. Last Dumb question before I start reading- would you say it'd be best for me to invest in a good gym where I can have someone hold my hand until I learn the best way to exercise? Beyond walking and basic things like planks/wall sits/etc.
>>
>>40576986
'tis an awesome thing to see!
>>
>>40580713
If it gets you to do it then yeah. Imo, you don't really need to put down money for a trainer when you can just do the big barbell lifts. That'll do you more good than a million kettlebell swings and 40 minutes on the hamster wheel.
>>
>>40576958
Yes, I started at 339 pounds and im down to 235. You just have to put in the work and get your diet under control.
>>
File: 1418778726767.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1418778726767.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
hey folks i'm the guy from the last thread who hadn't pooped for 8 days WELL GUESS WHAT?

>lose 6lbs in just 1 day! click here to find out how
>>
>>40580679
You can fully recover, Anon. Exercise is often prescribed to sick fat people because it vastly improves their condition and reduces their symptoms. Don't let the fear hold you back from becoming the fittest person you can be.
>>
>>40578686
Not at all man. I started in around September of 2014. I didn't do much exercise around that period, just pushups etc. I counted very carefully every day, weighing every scrap of food I ate and putting the resultant calories in a notebook, staying under 1800 calories every day, allowing myself a chocolate bar on the weekend. By around February 2015, I'd lost all the weight.
>>
>>40580711

>i'm morbidly obese and can hoist more than you

Nobody cares, /plg/. We lose weight here.
>>
File: potato-chips.jpg (71KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
potato-chips.jpg
71KB, 499x500px
>>40580713
Get into the gym Bro. It's by far the best way to motivate yourself during workout times. Do not be ashamed to go either, I love seeing fatties in the gym, makes me feel good for them.

Listen to>>40580756

Learn the major lifts, something like the StrongLifts phone application can help you get started. You probably don't need to squat 3 times a week, so swap the middle squat for another exercise you enjoy like farmers walks or something.

Good luck
>>
179cm and 106kg, just took my first pic to try and motivate myself and it had the opposite effect. I'd rather give up and die in a hole. what do? im gonna try and do a 2km jog/run in the mornings before uni this week but idk how to stave off the self hate
>>
File: delicious_food_free_wallpaper.jpg (236KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
delicious_food_free_wallpaper.jpg
236KB, 1024x768px
>>40580837
I guarantee you that the feeling of seeing progress will make you feel completely elated and it doesn't even take that much effort, just some time.
>>
>>40580648
>lose weight
>build muscle

Choose one and stick to it. You can't have both.
>>
>>40578784
If you want big forearms, add in some farmer's walk to the end of your workout.
>>
File: 1433142059577.gif (359KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
1433142059577.gif
359KB, 240x200px
>>40580948
>>
>>40580783
I've been there. Stressed out for 6 days about "How the fuck have I gained weight", one shit, and boom, problem solved.
>>
>>40580971
Is that supposed to mean something, or are you just posting reaction images for the sake of posting reaction images?
>>
Hello /fat/, I gained 12kg since i met my boyfriend, he said he wasnt attracted to me anymore. Ive lost 5 of the kg so far but he seems to have no interest in me anymore. I know i did bad getting fat but it is really hard to stay motivated while doing something for someone who just doesnt care. I dont think hell ever be attracted to me anymore and i dont know what to do to change it. Any suggestions?
>>
>>40564951
Own a few, family in jewelry.
Never used for food. Shop clean at farmers markets, eat normal portions. Reduce regular portions for cutting. Using a scale is unsustainable and doesn't let you fully commit to a lifestyle change as opposed to a short-time weight loss fad
>>
>>40581121
Lose weight and get a new one

Also why is /fat/ so full of grills compared to regular /fit/?
>>
Any fellow bike fatties waiting for winter to be over?
>>
>>40581193
b-but i love him
>>
>>40581279
>muh love

never gonna make it
>>
I'm 180 cm (roughly 5'11") and 60-61 kg (130-133 pounds). How much more to lose before I'm no longer skinny fat?
>>
>>40581459
Unless you literally want to go in anorexic mode you should start lifting and eating more or you will forever stay skinny fat
>>
306 down to 190 here. My cardio health is shit because my job is random hours and I need routine in my life. Was at 189 but had a mega binge over 2 days that put me at 193.

But you know what? It's all good. Lot of friends are coming up to me asking how I did it, so I'm making a guide to explain cals in<cals out to them. I'm finding that a lot of people are just ignorant, it's what years of listening to the bullshit that the media feeds you about "the secrets of weight loss".

Friend who asked me to help him with the guide told me "don't forget about me"

Really hit me in a funny way.

On your way to being a sikk cunt, don't leave your bros in the darkness.
>>
>>40580644
smore cookies are disgustingly sweet. tried it once. never again
>>
i'm really thirsty, wish i had something cold carbonated to drink...
>>
>>40579071
wut D:
>>
>>40581564
Literally the worst thing to bait with. Cutting out soda is the easiest step. Pizza, kebabs, and other easy to get food is where it's harder
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 283x538px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 283x538px
>>40581564
>haram cola
Fucking infidels
>>
How do I become happy and enjoy life? I see other people that were huge and they seem perfectly cheery about their situation.

I thought losing weight would make me happy and I went from 360 lbs to 200 so far, but I feel worse than ever with the damage done to my body and the fact I'll probably never be loved. I've stopped feeling motivated to do anything at all I used to like, I've stopped talking to all my friends for months and I just sit in bed all the time. I used to post progress and people would be great and feel motivated their selves because of it, but now I just miss when I was ignorant and had food.
>>
>>40581651
You can still drink and eat all that as long as you are on a calorie deficit.

Only issue with coke is that is causes you to hunger more, think might take one and then eat cucumbers at night
>>
Started doing IF today. The morning was terrible, I almost gave up but had some coffee, went to gym, trained a bit and didn't feel hungry. I didn't eat till like 13:30 and my goal was 12:00. Feels good man..

and even when I ate I only had like 600 calories so I still have 1300 to go for my dinner. This shit is fantastic
>>
>>40581714
Because weight isnt your problem, the problem is in your head.

You either tell yourself you enjoy being cucked and controlled by society and that the current world is how the world should operate
Advantages: Support from others so your weak ass wont feel sad
Disadvantages: Forever cucked part of the collectivea

Or become a special snowflake above the societal trash that tell yourself how you are free and above societal norms and common beliefs and choose your own path, that way you dont share most beliefs with most people
Advantages: Can do whatever you want because you are above people
Disadvantages: You cant do that if you need support from society and others or if you are not useful/smart enough to be needed and paid for your services
>>
>>40569899
>feederism/feedie ordeal

lmao is this real?

tell me fatties were you part of a feederist cult?
>>
>/fat/ is already starting to enable fat acceptance

good job idiots
>>
>>40581714
Squats fueled by repressed rage xf, anon.

Leave humanity behind.

I'm in the exact same spot as you..... 350 -> 200lbs. 5'11.

My plan is to cut until I'm 160-170, then TWO SCOOPS CMON until I'm swole.
>>
>>40581651
speak for yourself...Cutting out soda hardest part for me.
>>
>>40568825
I was over 300 at 5'10 manlet and I had zero confidence. I wouldn't go outside, I could barely fucking walk for longer than 5m, and I was always paranoid and depressed, eating my worries away on a 300g pack of doritos every fucking day. Meals were shit like a burger with cheese melted on top and a massive tray of french fries. I'd have two massive meals like this. I'd get takeout of a massive indian curry and before that pig out, probably 10kcal on days like this.

Things you find out about yourself at 300lb:
>you fucking stink even after a few days with no shower, and even showering is exercise
>you can't sleep, I woke up so many times with stomach pains from all the shit I ate
>you lie to yourself that having a horrible day of junk food was a success because it could've been worse
>paranoid all the time how everyone is mocking you because you're a whale
>own family thinks you're an embarrasment

Down to 240lb now and lifting so not losing much weight, but been building obvious muscle. At least I'm not 300lb. I had a mental breakdown that motivated me to lose all the weight. I don't know who else here has also been fat basically all their lives. I'm a KHV and always got bullied at school over being fat too. 24 and feel like being fat really fucked up large parts of my life. For the first time I've been able to lose weight.

Long story short being 300lb+ is as awful as you'd think. I know people who've been at 400lb and that's another level of hell.
>>
>>40581757
>if you're disgusted by your own body how do you have time to be disgusted by other people's bodies you fat fuck
Okay

>>40581842
Then... just drink Diet Coke?
>>
>have obese friend
>he is losing weight but constantly gets sick and looks like shit
>find out he is only eating a can of tuna a day
>he wants to start lifting with me but I'm worried he'll faint on the gym

I am getting worried. I mean I like that he is losing weight but that shit he is doing is straight up some anorexic shit.
>>
>>40581891
It's fine. He could even go without the tuna if he had to as long as he's getting vitamins. Just give him light exercises and build it up. Sounds like he's going to make it
>>
>>40581842
How is it hard? just don't buy it.
>>
>>40581891
Tell him to eat more then, what the fuck are you doing.
>>
>>40581842
Why not drink cold water? I have 3 bottled, 2 at a time on my freezer and a big bottle in my fridge, i only drink cold water, seems to work well
>>
>>40581951
>>40581951
>>40581951
new
>>
>>40581854
>>own family thinks you're an embarrasment

fuark...that hits home.

350 to 200 here. The way people treat me is so so SO much different than it used to be.

I used to be a literal pariah, then I got to halfway normal shape and joined the military and suddenly my whole family loves me.

People suck sometimes.
>>
>>40581949
that sounds good, maybe i'll try that
>>40581882
yeah but diet coke tastes like shit, i'm better off drinking water.
>>
>>40581258
I was so fat that I've broken my bike in 2016. feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>40581258
fellow chubby here, cycling in the cold is best to cool your face down
>>
>>40581459
you must have 0 muscle
>>
>>40581891
A little bit of carbs is needed for the fucntion of the brain and stuff so tell him to be careful
>>
>>40581757
I don't expect this thread to last past 10 or so, even though it's basically a containment thread. If it becomes more of a fatty refuge/hug box, it's going to get the axe.
>>
>>40581121
Have a real heart to heart talk with him pointing out that you've lost almost 1/2 the weight. Is it honestly JUST the weight? If not, just get things out on the table together and honestly assess the relationship and where it will go from here. It might be hard but it might either help y'all get the air cleared so you can either keep the relationship or show you that its time to call it quits. Either way, hanging around in limbo like this is not good for people or a relationship.
>>
>>40581151
I don't think it's meant to be a forever thing, just an interim tool to let people get a handle on portion size. I weigh and measure and I've gotten pretty damn good at estimating from it so I don't use it as often, but it was really helpful at first.
>>
>>40581714
Losing weight gives you the opportunity, not the magical life. You still have to 'do life' like everyone else, and it's often hard. Most things outside of immediate health concerns related to overweight aren't going to be directly fixed by losing weight.

That said, you might be depressed so you should probably speak with your doctor to find out.

Otherwise, figure out what social things and hobbies you really enjoy, go do them lots in your free time and meet people doing the same things. That's pretty much what socially successful people do.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.