[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fat/ Fatty General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 40

File: Fat Feels 9.png (42KB, 723x752px) Image search: [Google]
Fat Feels 9.png
42KB, 723x752px
Last Thread: >>40439447

What is /fatgen/?: fat newer members of /fit/ who want to start eating right and losing pounds.

Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get though it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it

You worked out today, right bros?
>>
>>40448789

I started tracking my calories really well for the last couple of days now. I started on Feb. 5th last night was the first time I went out drinking in awhile and had 8 beers still didn't blow the whole day apart and only went 250 calories over. Just did some cardio today and ate 100 calories less and balanced out the day. I've never had a night out drinking and still managed to do damage control on my eating.

TL;DR

>Finally have developed self control to stop impulsive binge eating when drunk or sober :)
>>
>6'2", 34 years old, 275 lbs
>Lost over 50 lbs like five years ago, but fell off the wagon hard due to transferring to a new city
>Time to get back on track

Just invested in a nice weight cage for my garage, and looking to start lifting again while I lose weight. Only problem is that my right knee hurts while doing squats.

I've done a ton of squats in the past (used to lift quite regularly) but I've never had this problem before. The only thing I can think of is that due to my weight gain, my legs are too fat to comfortably squat as far down as I used to.

Maybe I'm going too low? Anyone else ever have this problem?
>>
I lost all motivation and stopped working out after a vacation in October due to lack of motivation from a months long plateau. Gained a lot of weight back and I'm saying no more. Excited to be getting back into the routine and finally coming back here. We're all going to make it /fat/tizens
>>
File: thumbup.jpg (67KB, 237x424px) Image search: [Google]
thumbup.jpg
67KB, 237x424px
>>40449311
happy for you anon
>>
>>40449451

Thanks dude
>>
>>40449435

Get back on the train anon, your pic is a good start there don't create a hug box for yourself and excuses you'll make it.
>>
File: despair.png (21KB, 176x232px) Image search: [Google]
despair.png
21KB, 176x232px
things aren't going so well, lads
>>
>>40449504
Dude you can cuck out and say that but honestly you just got to get back on the train man. After three days when you stop craving food out of boredom it'll be so much easier you can do it.
>>
What does it mean if I've not lost weight in 2 weeks but haven't put on any? I've been meticulously weighing food and counting calories. I started lifting and trying to lose weight 2 weeks ago but I'm not sure if it's working. Is it just muscle development making my weight stay the same? Cutting at 1700 daily, 5'7 200
>>
>>40449529
Have you recalculated your TDEE; are you actually being honest with your counting? have you been over estimating calories burned from cardio?

Check these things and then see how it's going also I think (prepare for broscience) I think your body can adjust for calories in and out and depending on your P-ratio and hormone levels won't let it fall off.
>>
>>40449529
Drop cals to 1500, drink water, do more cardio, don't quit.
>>
>>40449529
Yes, it could very well be muscle gain.

look there's something you have to understand. You will not lose weight consistently. The body isn't a perfect machine. We barely understand the fucking thing.
One thing we don't understand is why the body simply STOPS losing weight when at a deficit for weeks then all of a sudden drops everything overnight.
It happens but we have no cocept as to why. Lots of good guesses no actual answers.
So my advice is to just hold your head down and..keep going.
Stop using the scale to measure everything and start looking at your before and after pictures and the tale of the tailor's tape.
>>
>>40448789
Don't forget the thread number OP

Thread #2
>>
>>40449311

You are going to make it bro
>>
>>40449571
My autism shines when I read stuff similar to this. I feel like the body has this hormonal gas tank and it holds on to fat until it depleted and then when it refills all the fat drops and you start the cycle again.
>>
>>40449529
It's only been 2 weeks bro. It will take years to get /fit/. You can make it, but only if you never stop.
>>
>>40449602
Thanks dude, feels good I have a whole different outlook on weight loss and fitness now.
>>
>>40449435
>Gained a lot of weight back and I'm saying no more.

Nice lack of excuses anon :^)
>>
>>40449504
What happened?
>>
today is the 1 year mark since i started losing weight, i started at 343lbs in feb 20th 2017, after a lot of ups and downs i've reached 270lbs, and while i probably could've lost more, i like to think that this year is looking a lot better than 2016, i went from being a hamplanet NEET who played wow all day, to a much smaller planetoid who went back to college 2 months ago, it's the first time i'm actually happy in a while, no amount of leveling or loot can match this feeling, here's to 2017 fat bros, lets get slim so we can use our loose skin to glide across the rooftops and fight crime together
>>
New to /fit/ and fitness in general. I'm 5'11 and about 175lbs. My arms and legs are skinny but im fat as fuck? What do i need to start doing to slim down?
>>
>>40449924
Read the sticky and then come back
>>
>>40449922
This one hits home anon good for you. The pounds on the scale are way more rewarding then your guild dinging you when your 19th toon his max level. Good for you!
>>
>>40449922
Congrats bro I am really happy for you! Keep it up
>>
just finished off a numero uno pizza by myself. apparently it was 4000 calories.

oh well.
>>
>>40450086
Go on a run fatty
>>
>>40449554
>>40449558
Thanks guys I'll try 1500 for the next 2 weeks and see how that goes. I'm certain I'm not overestimating calories but the lower deficit should counter any bad counting on my part.

>>40449571
>>40449621
I don't plan on quitting but this was very inspirational. I understand it's a short amount of time but I don't wanna get he numbers wrong and waste a month only to figure out I was eating too much. But what you say makes sense; it took years for me to fuck up my body so it's only acceptable it will take years to fix it.
>>
>>40450086
:( you're not going to make it you need to cut pizza it's too addictive and calorie dense.
>>
So I keel redoing my tdee because I dunno, insecurity. I work out 6 times a week, 40 minutes, as hard as my cutting allows, and I work on my fert around 5 - 6 hours a day, Im 149lb (68kg) and around 5'11 (180cm).

My tdee says my maintenance is 2400 and I should cut at 1900 and that just doesnt seem right. I think its just way too much so Im cutting at 1700. Did I fucked up somewhere?
>>
File: bandai1[1].jpg (45KB, 369x400px) Image search: [Google]
bandai1[1].jpg
45KB, 369x400px
You guys won't make it. Just thought I'd let you know. This is a pipedream and you're all roleplaying on a fitness board
Bye
>>
>>40450333

Goddamn it I mean "keep" and "feet"
>>
who /cheatmeal/ here

just made a gigantic pot of barbecue chicken mac & cheese

still right around my daily calorie limit but damn that was a shitload of fat
>>
when you guys count calories, do you subtract calories burned via exercise? or do you just consider those calories burned extra loss?
>>
former fat kid who grew out of it. now I just have a stubborn beer belly I have to shed to get a flat stomach.
>>
>>40450495
Nope, it's already accounted for in TDEE.

The one thing MFP majorly f^cks up on is that dumb subtraction for exercise "feature".
>>
>exercise pretty much all seven days last week
>no break at all and start running again today
>calves cramp up like a motherfucker but I get through the exercise

Should I take a day off? I feel like I might be overdoing it.
>>
>>40450561
7 days a week is not enough, 8 days c'mon man
>>
>>40450400
No cheat meals are basically food rewards for dieting, it doesn't make sense.

I don't reward myself with food treats, I'm not a doggo.
>>
>>40450561
Take one day off per week and the occasional holiday day.
>>
>>40450571
Counting today I did do 8 days.
>>
>>40450597
Thanks for the answer.
>>
>>40449406
>Only problem is that my right knee hurts while doing squats.

mobility work
mobility work
mobility work
>>
>>40449939
Back from reading the sticky. What I got from it is to: Lift weights, cardio, and eat healthier. But I don't know if I should focus more on cardio or weightlifting. My goal isn't to get HUGE arms or anything. Just to have a nice proportional body.
>>
ECA STACK and PMSF DIET

only way to cut retards.
>>
File: 1486847050161.jpg (161KB, 763x758px) Image search: [Google]
1486847050161.jpg
161KB, 763x758px
>>40449732
>What happened?

The Publix behind my house started leaving their bakery dumpster unlatched.
>>
>>40450650
lrn2swim

you'll lose weight and build lean muscle mass at the same time

but you should lift weights as well
>>
File: 1485135473420.jpg (38KB, 583x382px) Image search: [Google]
1485135473420.jpg
38KB, 583x382px
>>40448789
>tfw under calorie count for day and brushed and ready for bed.
>>
File: 1476413631737.jpg (122KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1476413631737.jpg
122KB, 1200x675px
>went from 130kg to 107kg from start of last october to start of january
>104 kg now and it's 20 feb

J U S T
>>
>>40448789
today is a rest day but i nonstop wanted to be at the gym. i love it. I'm trying to fix up my bike to go mountain biking
>>
>>40451089
have you been adjusting your caloric intake? I mean you lost weight and require less but if you still have the same calorie cap as your old TDEE - 500 then that could be why
>>
>>40451121
No I just stopped caring for a few weeks
>>
Just started doing free weight exercises at home. I've dropped from 272lbs - 261lbs from diet alone this last 5 weeks. Time to see if I can speed this up.
>>
>>40451134
get back on it fatty or you wont make it
>>
File: 1487227995169.png (24KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1487227995169.png
24KB, 657x527px
Hello! How have you been, friendos?

Some of you may recognize me because I also posted in the last thread. I am very thankfull for all the positive feedback that you gave me yesterday, and the advice I recieved has been used, here is what has happened so far:

>Increased the number of squats I do, the past week I was doing 10 each day, today I did 4 sets of 15 each! My legs hurt like crazy, but it feels very good

>Today I ate a sandwich of ham and tomato for a snack (I have no more bread, and have no intentions of buying more) but didn't eat any rice! For lunch I had a little bit of lamb with smoked veggies

>Installed MyFitnessPal, and started using it (1500 cal/day is my objective)

>I drink about a liter of water a day since like 2 years ago, so that isn't a problem

If you keep making this threads I will keep coming to post updates! Anything that helps, observations, tips, critiques, or anything else is accepted!
>>
>>40451375
reduce the reps to 8
>>
>>40451437
if you want to do more squats add a 5th set
>>
>>40451437
>>40451449
if i remember correctly, hes doing bodyweight, so it doesnt really matter as much
>>
How fat do you gotta be to post here.
>>
File: kms.png (6KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
kms.png
6KB, 266x190px
> started at 186lbs
> 2 weeks after at 182lbs
> 1200 - 1500 calories per day
> heigt 5'5

am I doing it too slow or fast? no idea really. just started 2 weeks ago. same diet as before but slowly changing it to healthy stuff.

also, any tips how to deal with cravings? specially at night i crave something salty like chips.
>>
>>40450585
What do you reward yourself with? A pat on the head and a walkie?
>>
>>40451460
>>40451375
oh shit, if it's body weight than good job nigga!
>>
>>40451478
You're fine if you don't care about gains/muscle that much.

Cravings you gotta get used to the feeling of half-full instead of half-empty and make it your norm. Don't be bloated all the time simple as that.
>>
File: 1455588706333.jpg (24KB, 500x419px) Image search: [Google]
1455588706333.jpg
24KB, 500x419px
Tried to do better today after eating like shit during the weekend. Had some greek yogurt for breakfast, didn't bring my lunch so fucked up and had chik fil a nuggets for lunch from the caf. Further fucked up after getting home from work and being so hungry I ate half of a P.F Changs frozen stir fry and some left over bread pudding in the fridge.

I fucked up again, gonna wake up early and prepare my lunch so I'm not tempted. Tomorrow's even rougher since I'm at school from 9 a.m to 9 p.m. Still I have to buckle down unless I want to stay in this perpetual cycle of fucking up and never making progress.
>>
>>40448789
I'll ask here since reddit mods are being faggots.

Basically what am I missing in my diet daily?

I eat the following:

Breakfast: Oatmeal, Pancake (1 egg, flour, 200ml milk, drop of olive oil, pinch of salt)

Lunch: 2x Chicken Wraps (Chicken, BBQ sauce, salsa, wrap)

Dinner: Chicken, peas, sweetcorn, some chips and ketchup
>>
>>40451530
Thanks! I will start lifting once I drop to 160-165lbs. Would you recommend a full body workout or 1 muscle group per workout?
>>
>>40451563
do a weeks worth of meal prep on sunday or saturday, makes shit easy.

>>40451579
looks alright, maybe a little low on fiber
>>
>>40451478
>also, any tips how to deal with cravings? specially at night i crave something salty like chips.

Don't have stuff in the house. A six pack of crisps might as well be a giant bag. I can't bring myself to purchase 1 packet for £0.60 when you can get 6 packets for £1 too.

I find it ridiculously hard to pass over special offers or reduced food for freezing in supermarket the aisles. I just stop going to supermarket as much as possible now. Things I really need I'll buy in large quantities, such as flavoured low calorie dilute juice and low calorie hot chocolate. It seems a bit stupid to return to the supermarket every time you run out of something, particularly when they packets are designed to last 7-14 days to ensure you return.

I mostly buy chicken breast 5kg at a time or large amounts of pork shoulder/loin and fill my freezer compartment with pre bagged portions so I can't fit in frozen pizzas etc... if I wanted to. Then vegetables and fruit is bought at the greengrocer except for a few items where supermarkets are cheaper, which is basically sweet potatoes, mushrooms, large bags of small onions, sriracha.

Whenever I eat I remove another frozen packet for my next meal. And if I'm craving crisps I'll just eat my next healthy meal. I realise eating an extra meal every 2-3 days is far better than snacking and there is probably a reason you're craving it. You might have walked 8-10 miles without noticing.
>>
>>40451623
Any way to improve it? Also is the carb, protein, fat ratio good? I don't want to end up with heart problems and shit, I want to be healthy
>>
>>40451465
if not fit, youre fat.

so if youre not fit, then welcome!
>>
How do i stay motivated? I tried countless times but after a while i just don't care and enjoy the moment, eat like an animal.

Most i could go was 1 month, lost 5 kgs (from 107 to 103). Mostly can't even get past the day. Like now i say i will do that tomorrow, start in the morning and in evening i just go for fucking sausages and ketchup and ice tea.
>>
>>40451661
>Things I really need
>>40451661
>low calorie dilute juice and low calorie hot chocolate

Dude, water.
>>
>>40451711
Also gained 3 kilos last month. I am 113 kg now and my skin is stretching again. Last year i got a ton of these first time after like 5 years and i fucking hate them. But then a while later i don't care about them too.
>>
>>40451666
you didnt provide enough information to tell carb/protein/fat ratio or calorie amount.
more veggies never hurts.

>>40451711
its not about motivation, its about discipline.
doesnt matter if you dont want to do it. just get it done. set a time that you are going to work out and do that every time.
dont keep crap in the house and you wont have to worry about binging
>>
If you're losing weight only drink water, at most a cup of milk or juice a day. Also water does NOT do anything for food cravings despite filling you up, your body isn't stupid you'll pissed that gallon out within 4 hours.
>>
>>40451711
We can't really teach you motivation. And there's something in the brain that does that whole "ill restart tomorrow/next week/next month". It's an awful mindset, everyone does it, you gotta learn to overpower it and just fucking go do it.

Learn to self-discipline. It's obviously going to suck. I'm addicted to soda and eventually I had to physically stop myself from filling my cup up at work with more Coke. Now I just drink water and unsweet green tea (if im needing a bit of sugar, then i drink some iced tea)

It's going to suck for awhile but you'll start feeling proud of yourself, and it's a great feeling.
>>
File: fat wojak 2.png (32KB, 766x758px) Image search: [Google]
fat wojak 2.png
32KB, 766x758px
>been on /fit/ for 3+ years
>still fat
>may have actually put on weight
>>
If you want sugar look up calorie free sugar like sucralose
>>
>>40451487
Usually a book from my 'to read' list, sometimes a movie or a game. But never food.
>>
>>40451813
Literally stop eating. Weight is 90% what you eat and 10% exercise
>>
>>40451505
Yes, it is to reduce bodyweight, I'm ready and willing to change this time... Thank you for your supportive feedback, friend! Hope you are doing great yourself
>>
>>40451623
What's a good website to get ideas for meal plans, I have no inspiration as a cook
>>
>>40451757
I don't have discipline either. I am normally a very tidy person but i feel like i hit the rock bottom for like 3 years. I don't even keep my house clean. I haven't washed the dishes for more than a week now. I don't shower for a week if i don't have to go outside.

I want to have an organized life but i just don't care when i am supposed to get the works done.
>>
File: pepe kekek.jpg (12KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
pepe kekek.jpg
12KB, 251x242px
>>40451832
>Literally stop eating

I know.

I fell for the drinking milk meme

Now I love drinking milk. I drink 1l a day

I wasn't even doing GOMAD
>>
What is the best mixture of just vegetables for 5 a day that contains what you need?
>>
>>40451841
grilled chicken marinated in italian dressing
shredded cheese
lettuce
sun dried tomato wraps
ranch

incredible for lunch
>>
>>40451604
Stronglift 5x5
>>
>>40451841
you can try Eatthismuch, some of the recipes are strange, or just watch some meal prep fitness videos on youtube

>>40451845
you seem to have some underlying mental/emotional issues. If you arent already seeing a therapist, considering doing so. if male, consider having a doctor check your test levels if you have have any of the other regular symptoms of low test
>>
>>40451661
jesus christ. this is good advice. thanks dude
>>
Down to 198 from 240 last fall. Hopped off keto last week to see if it was agitating my UC, but I'm pretty sure it's not, so back to the grind tomorrow. Need to hit below 195 by the time Zelda releases or else I won't let myself play it until I do.
>>
>>40451873
I drank a litre of chocolate milk a day for 3 years, it really is pretty dank

Of course now I have cow-tier manboobs and estrogen out the wazoo but it was for a good cause
>>
>>40449406
for me it's my left. I finally figured if I can't squat I'll never be able to hit my goals. so just push through the pain. really sharp pain and snapping sounds and sometimes it feels like something snaps behind my knee. but as long as I do squats every other day or every 3 days it actually feels a lot better. unlike my shoulder. which just gets worse with use. I guess give it a try.
>>
>>40450161
you've got the right attitude man. it's possible that you are getting newbie gains and building muscle. don't stop using that scale though. count your calories. you may have a really low metabolism. which ends up being a blessing if you stick with it. a lot of body builders get limited by how much they can physically eat. muscle is always metabolically active unlike fat. so as you gain muscle it will make it easier to gain muscle and lose fat. I wouldn't drop to 1500 calories yet. try drinking at least a gallon of water a day and limiting your sodium intake. I have a feeling that you are gonna make it bro. just a little at a time.
>>
>>40448789

>6'0, 25, 225

I used to be almost 300 but I'm down to 225. I was around 210 or 215 before Christmas, but I haven't been exercising or eating well for a few months

I really want to be fit, but I'm scared of going to the gym. I've always had low testosterone and being fat doesn't help that, so I fell for the tranny meme. I was on hormones for a while, and now I've quit, but I have gyno.

I try to work out on my own or walk/run from time to time, but I'm scared of going to the gym or getting back into sports because in a tshirt my perky tits are extremely noticeable

I feel like if I didn't have these things as a constant threat of humiliation, I'd be working out way more regularly and maybe even be in shape by now.

My goal is to get down to 200 and hopefully my gyno will be less apparent and I can feel more confident going to the gym, but I'm scared they're never going to go away.
>>
So I have a quick question and it seems like this thread has the right people in it to answer.

I recently went from 190 to 235 lbs (at 6'5" mind you, so pretty fat but not behemoth) due to a club rugby program at my university. I recently had to quit due to a rupture in my lungs, and I would like to cut back to about 205 or 200 or so. I have already cut beer out of my diet every day except Saturday which has made a big difference, but I am still addicted to sweedish fish and the fatty meats I started eating when I was on their lifting plan. Any advice other than to cut those out slowly? And it would be appreciated if someone could give me good fat loss workout tips that don't involve too much cardio due to my lungs, I really haven't found much help google searching it. I have "progress" pics from 190 to my current weight I could post but I don't think those are really appropriate here?
>>
>>40450333
are you losing weight? you may need to adjust your activity level. and you need to eat enough to feed your muscle. are you doing cardio or weights?
>>
>>40451873
>>40451813
milk is a curse and a blessing

i limit it to a half gallon of skim every lifting day
>>
>>40450561
take a multivitamin and a magnesium suppliment. helped with my cramps.
>>
>>40452891
very inspirational! I've been trying for years but now I'm pretty mature and serious about it. I'll try drinking more water, I do about 2L a day and I pee A LOT. As long as I keep working out and eating right it will be better than the shit I used to do. thanks again man.
>>
>>40452911
do compound muscle exercises.
>>
>>40450666
kek
>>
>can't start doing keto because i have 3 weeks worth of high carb food and can't get rid of them because i am a broke student

Nothing fucking goes right in my life
>>
>>40453053
Been doing deadlifts, squats, bench, and power cleans for 6 years total now. Anything I should add?
>>
>>40453113
You can do calorie restriction starting with what you have.

>>40452942
That's too much if you are trying to lose weight.
>>
For all you fatties out there, take it from another fatty and stay off the scale. Measuring weight as a sign of progress is way too inconsistent and may discourage you. Only measure yourself weekly or even monthly. Pictures are a way better indicator and motivator.
>>
>>40453236
Once i am done with unhealty shit i will start doing calorie count.

I have two questions for all anons here.

I will go for 1500 calorie keto diet, should i take multivitamin? If i should, which one do you recommend?

Does light drinks (coca cola zero etc) mess up with keto? I know i shouldn't drink any but i need to, at least in the beginning.
>>
5'2 178 female trying to gain an ass
what do i do? i've been eating 2 meals a day
>eating disorder

recently just increased to three healthy meals but i want to get a BUTT AND LEGS, i want the BULK i want the MUSCLE

wat do /fit/
>>
Is 2150 kcal too much for 196 lb?

I lift 3x a week and walked two miles a day.
>>
>>40453444
Fuck me chubby
>>
>>40453288
I measure myself everyday. I like seeing the gradual change, it keeps me going.
>>
>>40453444
squats and deadlifts.

Some back exercises too.

core work.
>>
i envy those who are skellies. ive been fat my whole life and would do anything to be as thin as they are. the urge to eat is uncontrollable, how does one become an annorexic twig?
>>
>>40453519
You'd do anything? You sure?
Put down the fork. Do it over and over.
Research and start a diet, stick to it.
Not everyone can achieve skelly mode but everyone can look better.
>>
>>40453444
This >>40453514
But you'll need to lose weight for the definition to show.
>>
Someone post loose skin results.
>>
>>40453540
how do i fight the hunger though? honest question. drinking water does not work for me
>>
>>40453661
You don't, you work with it. You'll be hungry, accept it, it's the price you pay. Research weight loss diets and see which one you think you can stick to best and just do it. It's hard, hunger hurts, it takes a long time. But it's so worth it.
Do you want food more or to have the body you really want. You have to choose.
>>
>>40453661
drink more water
or eat healthier stuff more frequently through the day. like pair the water with a fruit, like an apple or banana. do cardio a lot also. substitute beef with chicken or fish. stuff like this.
>>
File: 81eB6rKNUOL._SL1500_.jpg (121KB, 1109x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81eB6rKNUOL._SL1500_.jpg
121KB, 1109x1500px
>>40448789
I'm about 6'4" and last time I weighed myself ( maybe 4-5 months ago) I was hovering around the 280-300 pound mark. I used to be in great shape but fell into a pretty bad depression after some shitty breakups and just stopped taking care of myself.

I'm trying to get back into shape now and want to invest in some workout equipment.
Are home gyms a meme/waste of money? I've never liked the bowflex style home gyms, but I really like shit like pic related and feel like I'd be more likely to use it than free weights, but they're all like $3-400

Any recommendations on affordable starter home gyms, or should I just stop being a faggot and buy free weights and force myself to like them?
>>
>>40448789
>tfw you lose 25+kg and still fat
>>
File: IMG_0056.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0056.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>40453697
Forgot pic

Counting kj has been my main help, been trying to stick to 6000kj (~15kcal i think), also been replacing food with more water, caffine, sertraline, modafinil and nicotin
I havent been working out, but have been doing a fair bit of physical labour for my job
>>
>>40451579
so many carbs, eat more protein and veggies.

at least be taking a multivitamin.
>>
>>40453697
Keep going, that's a good loss. Not so sure about the chemicals, are you strict with your counting? Losing about 2 pounds per week is good. You could start a workout program and start to see better body composition now.
>>
>>40453661
Don't be afraid of the hunger, anon, it's not the end of the world. You learn to just put up with it. If you've never stuck to a diet before long enough to lose a good amount of weight, you might think being hungry feels scary at first. You CAN get over that and learn to tolerate it.
>>
I'm 5'3" and 123 lbs (grill) should I cut more or start to get more muscle?
>>
File: capture.png (852KB, 1269x642px) Image search: [Google]
capture.png
852KB, 1269x642px
16 lbs so far since december, woo. I'm thinking of deloading for a week and then working back up. been doing heavy triples to maintain lifts and it's getting a lot more grindy
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>40453776
It's been about 6 months so far. I probably didnt need to list sertraline, its just my antidepressant, modafinil is good, has really helped me with motivation in general as well as suppressing appertite, i would recommend trying it, caffine and nicotine are just coffee and darts
Not really that strict, its more just knowing how much is going in, been drinking like a litre of water before meals
I'm 115 right now, i was going to try to cut to 100 before i started getting serious. Also waiting for my parents to finish moving everything into this room so i can do stuff in a place that is <35 degrees c
>>
File: 1485395788409.jpg (16KB, 400x449px) Image search: [Google]
1485395788409.jpg
16KB, 400x449px
I lost 3 lbs but a fraudulent company drained my bank account
i can't catch a break
>>
I've never been overweight but thanks to /fit/ and lifting I've managed to stop binging and purging, so thanks guys.
>>
>>40453904
That sucks man, your bank doing anything about it?
>>
>>40453944
It's midnight so no. they're claiming i bought gay porn and im worried that because my bank didn't put a hold on the charges they wont help much when i call in the morning
>>
I'm over it I am at the heaviest I have been. I was 245lbs 6ft. 20 pounds down, went on valentine date... She wasn't down, looking for new job after college getting my shit together, shes a year older hot, 8 at best, wakes up to work out at 4:50. She hasn't spoken to me since saying " it was very nice of you, thank you" can't reply or I will be too much of a beta cuck.

Been waking up at 7 AM to lift and 30 min of cardio, going to make it 45 mins. Its been good motivation since last weeks cuckoldry.

might be a faggot but I will try hitting her up in a month after i keep on the gain train.

doing no fap has really helped me, its been 2 weeks. I have clarity and feel more base in my voice, I haven't been more than 2 weeks with out jacking it. Monk mode is hard. But i know what i want. Do that girl in her butt, gain a higher smv and use that to go into my career goals as well
>>
File: pingumorsa.jpg (16KB, 400x297px) Image search: [Google]
pingumorsa.jpg
16KB, 400x297px
>>40453971
>they're claiming i bought gay porn
'I-I swear! I didn't buy all of that gay porn! P-please give me my money back..."
>>
>>40453693
If you want to lose weight just eat less and do a little exercise - running mainly because it will help your joints with your weight. No reason to buy a home gym at your weight, even then a gym membership would be better as they can offer trainers.
>>
>>40451030
Thats a good feel bro
>>
>>40454025
>running mainly because it will help your joints with your weight.
I've always been hella self conscious about running so I can't keep myself motivated to do it because it makes me anxious as fuck

>even then a gym membership would be better as they can offer trainers.
Live in the middle of nowhere in a super rural area, otherwise I absolutely would.
Only reason I'm considering a home gym is because I feel like it would make it easier for me to just do the reps without wondering if I'm doing the right things the right way. I've used a buddies before and I really liked it, I dunno, its just simpler and feels like it would be easier to stick with because it can only do so many in the first place so I'd just do a few sets of each.
>>
>>40451134
You can't just "stop caring"

Keep going.
>>
Was a wrestler for three years. Felt great and was in pretty great shape. My last season was two years ago. Ever since I went through a painkiller phase, stoner phase, xanex phase, lost shit ton of muscle mass and aimed significant amount of weight. Recently am in the lab of restructuring myself. Shit ain't easy.
Used to be 145 lb and 5'8" at 11% body fat. I'm now 162 and much less muscle mass.
Here's to a road of redemption. Lift big and eat big /fit/.
>>
>>40451813

Time to lose weight welcome to /fatty/
>>
>>40452899
Run in a sweatshirt
>>
File: squat rack.jpg (39KB, 960x1043px) Image search: [Google]
squat rack.jpg
39KB, 960x1043px
>>40454052
Do not get a bowflex they are trash and will offer you jack shit compared to a squat rack.
>>
>>40452911
>I am still addicted to swedish fish and the fatty meats

Eat better.
>>
>>40453859
cut 5-8 pounds if you would like to lose more
>>
>>40452911
>6'5

YOU'RE HUGE

THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE SQUATS
>>
File: 61onAorgcYS._SL1000_.jpg (79KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61onAorgcYS._SL1000_.jpg
79KB, 1000x1000px
>>40454092
Are all home gyms relatively useless compared to free weights or just the bowflex ones?

I've used some bowflex machines before and really didn't like them, but the ones that just have a bunch of weights in the back that you lift via various methods seemed really nice. Pic related is the kind of thing I'm thinking of buying, but if they're useless I might just buy some free weights and try to get into using them instead. I just think the simplicity of a little home gym like this would make it a lot easier for me to get started and really keep at it
>>
File: x2cxg.jpg (461KB, 1553x1127px) Image search: [Google]
x2cxg.jpg
461KB, 1553x1127px
>>40448789
I'm 297 pounds and I just wana say I'm happy to be here. I used to be 330 pounds before browsing this board daily and I just really appreciate these threads and this board.

That's all.
>>
>>40454118
spend the money on a gym membership instead.
>>
>>40454163
Live in the middle of nowhere and don't have a car, there are no gyms out here otherwise I'd definitely just get a membership instead
>>
>>40454118
you can get one for a few hundo through walmart.
i did.
it's decent for the money and i don't have to go to the gym to lift some weight.
unless you're a poorfag then obv don't bother.
>>
>>40454118
You're 300 pounds just eat less and do regular exercise like jogging and squats. Do not get a fucking bowflex.
>>
>>40451733
>Dude, water.

Tap water is disgusting where I live, 700ppm.

I find paying for bottled water a problem... It means frequent trips to the supermarket... Plus the amount of waste the plastic bottles creates is a waste. Plus water is water. I have an RO water filter to install, but I know as soon as I install it is the day my landlord decides it's time for me to move. Plus it strips minerals etc...

If I buy 2-5 calorie per diluted lemon drink to make stomaching that taste a little more bearable I'll do that. And if that means buying 5litres it a time 3-4 times a year that's fine. If it saves me carrying 2 gallon of water home too. It's only ever dilute lemon or large amounts of branded blackcurrent light if it's on offer. If I drink a 50 calorie 'options' hot chocolate in the evening, or even 3 of them rather than munching on 2 oreos that turns into half a packet because I have to make 2 trips to the supermarket to buy water because the water out the tap tastes odd I'll put down fake hot chocolate and dilute juice in the need column along with fresh coffee I drink black.

I don't have a problem with water.

But Jesus look at a supermarket. It's just boxes of boxes of advertising. It makes me sick thinking about it. I can step in one and spend £5-10 on absolute shit, just food colouring and sugar in a packet. Every time I walk past one it's a blessing and if that means buying washing powder and toiletries at a home store rather than a supermarket that is what I do.
>>
>>40454174
>You're 300 pounds just eat less and do regular exercise like jogging and squats.
I honestly don't eat much anyway, part of the depression I guess, I almost never eat properly and I'm trying to change that. I've pretty much just been living off of popcorn the last few months though, only other shit I've eaten is a bit of toast and two frozen pizzas. I keep trying to buy healthy food but I always end up going 2-3 days without eating and by the time I get around to trying to make something its all gone bad. Thats something I just need to work on myself I guess though, I feel like the biggest reason I'm gaining weight is because I never get out of bed and burn almost no calories rather than eating too much

I've been trying to do just basic routines of squats and shit every few days, but I figured investing in some kind of weights and starting to lift would help me get more into it, I dunno, I guess I could just stick with the squats and shit if home gyms are really just a waste of money.

I'm actually not sure how much I weight these days, hopefully not still 280 but I wouldn't be surprised. I haven't had a scale for at least half a year though so I have no idea
>>
>>40454219

You burn a lot of calories even just lying in bed.

You're not counting something or drastically underestimating the calories of the food you do consume.

It's like those fat girls who say "I just have a slow metabolism, I barely ever eat!" and have a garbage can full of candy wrappers.

Count every single calorie you take in, at your weight you can consume like 2500-3000 calories and still lose weight while being completely sedentary.

I know this because I was in the same spot. Just download myfitnesspal and track EVERYTHING you take into your body aside from water or diet soft drinks (which you shouldn't drink anyway but it's better than the regular stuff)
>>
>>40454219
300lbs and barely eating
cmon son.
>>
>>40454251
>>40454240
Well, the only thing I really consume regularly is coffee
I guess maybe its the creamer I use?
I dunno, I could start drinking my coffee black, that might help,
>>
>>40454219
>I honestly don't eat much anyway, part of the depression I guess
>300lb

Fucking liar.
> I keep trying to buy healthy food but I always end up going 2-3 days without eating and by the time I get around to trying to make something its all gone bad.

It's not about eating healthy food it's about consuming less calories, anyone could eat all the chips, cakes and cookies and lose weight so long as they don't go over their basic metabolic rate. You're simply eating too much even if you are inactive. Exercise does not burn as much calories as you imagine. The point of exercise is to bolster muscle - which you really shouldn't care so much at your weight.

Eating too much is the problem 99% of the time.
Also punching in a few numbers here.
http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/#result

At 300 pounds 6'4, assuming you're 20 to 30 years old you should have a BMR of approximately 2700. Meaning you burn 2700 calories by doing literally nothing a day just to support your mass.
>>
>>40454263

then you wouldn't be 300 pounds and you'd have scurvy

this is either b8 or you're lying to yourself
>>
>>40454276
>then you wouldn't be 300 pounds
Honestly I don't know how much I weigh right now, thats just what I was at last time I visited my parents and used their scale, that was about 6 months ago though, I don't have a scale of my own.

>and you'd have scurvy
I'm honestly surprised I'm not sick, I eat incredibly poorly

When I do buy food I tend to just get a few types of lunch meat, some iceburg lettuce, cheese, mayo and eggs and that tends to be what I'll eat 90% of the time unless I'm really bummed out, in which case I'll either not eat at all for a day or two or I'll just eat a few bags of popcorn

I think I put on a lot of this weight while I was living at my parents for a year or so and they always had shitty boxed food around, but I'm kinda poor and don't go out to the grocery store often, so there usually isn't much food in my house to snack on like that.
>>
>>40454317
how many cups of coffee do you have in a day, and how much cream/sugar do you use in each one
>>
>>40454317
step 1 weigh yourself and dont post anymore until you do
>>
>>40454317

A bag of popcorn is probably like 500 calories

Just because the food isn't filling doesn't mean it's not calorie dense.
>>
>>40454324
I drink a lot of coffee
No sugar and I try not to put much cream in each cup because I can't really afford to buy shit loads of it, but I do drink around 2-5 pots of coffee a day
>>
smellslikebullshit.png
>>
>>40454327
Shit, really? I cut out junk food maybe 7-8 months ago and just started buying popcorn instead of chips because I assumed it wasn't that bad when it comes to calories and would kind of take care of that craving for a snack.
I guess I'll try to cut out popcorn as well, its probably for the best that I start snacking on shit like baby carrots instead anyway, I could use some proper food
>>
>>40454328
>2-5 pots of coffee a day
>popcorn

RIP man, your heart is going to explode in about 2 years.
>>
>>40454350
I smoke too and have had severe insomnia for about 10-15 years, I wouldn't be surprised if I don't make it to 30
>>
>>40454354
>300lb obese
>smokes

pretty sure you scared half the lurkers in this thread
>>
>>40454347
depends completely on the popcorn.

If you air-pop kernels in a popcorn maker its pretty healthy.

health wise microwave popcorn ranges from pretty bad to terrible

caramel popcorn is one of the most delicious things on the fucking planet, but its calories are astronomical.
>>
>>40454347
>>40454360

Just read the labels man, and use myfitnesspal. It will track everything for you. It even has a barcode scanner.
>>
File: 81qNrO+DilL._SL1500_.jpg (178KB, 1500x564px) Image search: [Google]
81qNrO+DilL._SL1500_.jpg
178KB, 1500x564px
>>40454360
>health wise microwave popcorn ranges from pretty bad to terrible
Well shit, yeah I'll cut that out then, I don't know why I just assumed it wasn't that bad for you

I've been going through about a box - a box and a half of these each month. Which was pretty fucking stupid of me since now that I look at the nutritional value there is 440 calories in each bag and some days I'll go through 4-5 bags instead of eating any actual meals
>>
>>40454382
well we found anon's source of calories

>he's still gonna eat his fat face out of something else

you could stop eating for a week and lose 5 pounds of fat each week - with diminishing returns and unreasonable eating habits

2 pounds of week would be easy.
>>
>>40452899

Get some Nolvadex, it'll help with gyno generally. Or consider getting on some T.
>>
>be 5'10 220lbs
>Get down to 175lbs in 4.5 months
>Get back up to 190 because school
>Restart and now down to 174
>Current speed of weight loss is only fucking 2lbs per month
I JUST WANT THIS CUT TO END REEEEEEEE
Goal is 155 lbs
Although desu I don't do cardio (only once a fortnight) and eat less
Will start IF

What should be a goal for 5'10 male medium frame anyway?
>>
>>40454431
>2lb per month

try 1lb per week m8
>>
>>40454431
hey dude im 5'9 and weigh 153 pounds. do cardio man, once you get over the first 10 mins it aint as bad
>>
>>40454437
That is the goal
>>
>>40454438
Thanks I did do cardio a lot a few weeks ago but stopped running because developed mild shin splints.
Had reached 5k
>>
>>40454431
https://www.rush.edu/health-wellness/quick-guides/what-is-a-healthy-weight

you'll want the higher end of the normal weight if you've got gainz
>>
>>40454438
Also do you have a belly or is it completely flat? I'm tired of my belly I wanna be able to go shirtless
>>
>cutting for summer
>6'4 at 225lbs
>first 4 weeks are fine, track everything and everything is going fine
>cutting at a 1780kcal diet

>last 2 weeks have started gaining weight
>doing everything like I'm doing before, still counting calories and not eating differently or anything
>fucking gain back everything over 2-3 days so now back at 225lbs

what the fuck!? makes me so fucking frustrated
>>
>>40454454
i have a belly, not too out there, but when i sit i can feel it (got the tires) which sucks. im working on losing it with a better diet and doing a bit more cardio than i used to.
>>
>>40454454
also still got man titties when im shirtless. shit sucks but im doing chest workouts so i can at least shape them to look nicer
>>
new gym fatty here. is it okay for me to be going to the gym every day? was thinking about doing just cardio on off days to boost my endurance. my legs arent hurting too badly the next or the same day when I run though they doo feel a little wobbly.
>>
Hey guys I've went from 240 to 160 at 5'6. I've been told I need to lose another 20 pounds but I'm already eating at a low calorie diet and working out a shit ton. My weight won't move from 160 unless I don't eat lol any tips?
>>
>>40454507
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fat_loss_training_wars.htm

Cardio is shit.
Don't go everyday of you don't want to but give yourself rest days.
Google stronglift 5x5 and follow that.

You can use rest days for light exercises or cardio such as targeting weaker muscle groups like grip.

>>40454509
Eat less, lower weight and thus lower BMR. That or you can focus on stabilising your weight and working out to reduce body fat with a good protein diet.
>>
>work warehouse stuff
>fair amount of labour and walking
>check my weight with the industrial scale after lunch and after work
>Losing enough weight for it to visibly mark me a pound less while wearing the same shit each day

heheheheh
>>
File: 1461463389793.png (39KB, 839x657px) Image search: [Google]
1461463389793.png
39KB, 839x657px
>/fit/ will never run a bootcamp where 5'6" shredded manlets shout at morbidly obese fedoras and anorexic lanklets
>>
>>40454555
prime movie material to be honest
>>
>>40454555
That place already exists; the Army (and usmc)
>>
do you guys drink diet soda? I've started going through a lot of it, despite never drinking it before dieting. i don't believe the stuff about it increasing sugar cravings - in my first week or so, i had these 100cal peanut/oat bars i'd eat to satisfy those, but now i haven't touched the box all week

i'm still losing like 4lb a week. kinda sucks having to pee every 20 minutes though
>>
>>40455029

Diet soda is dogshit. Drink water or plain tea long enough and you won't even think about soda.
>>
>>40455029
>>40455140
there is no evidence that diet sodas are bad for you in any way.
>>
>>40455171

There doesn't seem to be any smoking gun, but there are a lot of indicators that you shouldn't be drinking it on a regular basis and it's definitely not good for you.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/10/health/diet-soda-may-do-more-harm-than-good/

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-34924036
>>
File: Illuminati-Logo.png (172KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Illuminati-Logo.png
172KB, 800x800px
Sugar is literaly white death, quiting it for me has been much harder, than quiting smoking or benzos and anti-depresants.
t. week into:
>keep sugar to minimum
>only water
>1h+ walk a day
>Intermittent Fasting
meme
>>
File: 1442324082846.jpg (154KB, 1001x823px) Image search: [Google]
1442324082846.jpg
154KB, 1001x823px
One month in

went from 12kg tri pulls to 45kg in one month so feels good man

still fat and weak af but slowly improving
>>
>>40455201
clickbait articles, if you actually go and read the scientific paper they base these articles on the result is always. There is no evidence that diet sodas are bad for you.

I can link you 20 counter clickbait articles, however just go and read the source. http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/82/5/1011.full
>>
anyone do keto? I'm down to 236 from 339 and ive been plateaud for some time now and was thinking about doing keto memes to break it.

Any ideas? i was also considrering IF to break the plateau too.
>>
>>40455264
keto is a meme
>>
>>40453986
fuck off back to red pill lmao
>>
>>40453363
Help me out here anons
>>
>>40449209
So i did the same exercises you suggested and started with the planks like you suggested but i had trouble with most arm ones, couldnt reach the same reps today because i woke up with really sore muscles

It is still better to do as many as possible instead of doing nothing correct?
>>
>>40455382
1500 probably too low, keto is a meme, its much better to learn some self-control and to eat proper healthy meals.
>>
>>40455432
I can live with 1500, but could go for 2000 if it is really too low.

What is wrong with keto? Be serious please
>>
>>40455480
calculate your tdee and take -500kcal or -25% off of that. So lets say you reach your weight goal with keto, what now? You never learned how to eat properly if you go back to your old eating behaviours you will gain the weight back in a couple months.
>>
>>40452930

Weights. And my weight keep flutuatin
>>
>>40450333
>>40455500

you are already on the middle/lower end of normal weight, why do you wanna lose more? At this point if you want to build muscle with your workout its probably already time for you to start bulking.
>>
>Go from 237lbs to approx 164lbs through calorie limits and DDP Yoga
>Go to /fit/ a little more often, make babby gains and bulk to 196lbs
>My son was born, lost all motivation to lift due to working and then coming home to do my fair share of parenting
>Lose all gains, lard up to 208lbs no lean mass

What happened to Fat Hate generals? They were such a great motivator and top keks all around.
>>
>>40455612
they still exist
>>40451198
>>
>>40455630
Oh thank god, I'll probably stick in the fatty general anyway, I want to be a positive role model for my son fitness wise...and Wrestlemania is coming up and I want to at least get down to 180lbs before I end up dying in Florida heat.
>>
5'7 169 pounds im cutting but feel like I look worse, pls help I always fuck up at this stage and convince myself that im too skinny and go bulking again which turns into a binge
>>
>>40455258

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3953764/

Not a clickbait article. Shows correlation between intake of diet soda and obesity. Granted, correlation does not equal causation and the authors acknowledge more study needs to be conducted. It also noted that among participating individuals at a healthy weight, consumption of diet soda was associated with lower calorie intake from solid foods.

Note also the low sample size in the study you quoted and the fact that the study only tested five males who were at a normal weight.

I have virtually zero scientific knowledge, but again, it seems like there's no smoking gun demonstrating a causal relationship between obesity and diet beverage increase, but why fuck around when water is a clearly superior alternative, both in terms of cost and overall health?
>>
>go from 350 to 200
>spend a good half a year at a plateau
>worked on fixing some major posture issues
>got a bit stronger but not much
>recently got up to 215 over the holidays
>well fuark

>getting back on the cut
>chicken, rice, tuna, all day err day
>bread w/ peanut butter or apples if I wanna treat myself
>tfw 5'11, 210lbs, cutting at 1500cals a day + doing a noob PPL routine
>tfw losing again
>tfw 205lbs
>tfw so close, just a couple of months, away from being 170-180 and starting an actual recomp/lean bulk to build muscle

feels pretty fuckin' good, man.
>>
>>40455258
those are funded by soda companies
>>
>>40454005
nah i just torrent it
>>
>>40455641
>but feel like I look worse,

Glycogen depletes from your muscles, while at the same time your body takes on water because it's not sure why the FUCK you're starving and doesn't know what it's going to do with the fat cells that you're depleting of energy.

You do look worse.

But it'll be worth it.
>>
>>40455264
I've lost 105 pounds on keto. My advice. When you get keto food don't eat all the tasty stuff first. Keto is easy until you start runnin out of food
>>
File: fat.jpg (98KB, 983x752px) Image search: [Google]
fat.jpg
98KB, 983x752px
>can't cut too hard because I either end up binging or rebound like fuck
>been taking the slow and steady route with -500 deficit this year
>tfw lost 5 kg and no problem adhering to calorie target
>tfw goal weight is still 60 kg away
>tfw its going to take me 18 months to two years to even start to look like a normal person
>tfw its the only way I can stick with
>>
>>40455641

i read something once

fat -> builtfat -> flabby -> flabbylean -> lean -> shredded

you look shit when passing through the flabby stages, cause you don't have fat padding your muscles out and you're all over the place. it's why so many builtfat guys think they look great (and probably do look a little better in a t shirt)

you just gotta push through the flabby stages
>>
>>40455389
Keep your proper form and only do as many reps as you can with correct form. That's your true rep count. You'll be sore probably 2 weeks or so with the soreness diminishing as the time goes by.

Cut back on reps, work through the soreness. This is why I did not give you a bunch more exercises, get these under your belt first and get to the point where you aren't sore anymore and you are adding reps and then sets.

Even if you only do a little, keep on going every day with one day off per week.
You can do some stretches and use Advil for the muscle soreness.
>>
>>40456093
You are doing great, you are being smart by chosing to lose the weight slowly. You will be able to keep the weight off instead of yoyoing and will get less saggy skin. Did you lose 5kg since January? I suggest combining HIIT with weightlifting, it helped to shape my body, gain some muscle (lifting) but also lose a bunch of body fat (HIIT). I lost around 30kg.
>>
Posting pics for motivation
Before
>>
>>40456202
After
>>
>>40455641
Lifttttt it will help to look less flabby
>>
>>40455264
I am not doing keto but low carb. Lost 15bs in first two weeks but most is waterweight though and my butt started sagging.
>>
>>40456217
from hambeast to human, grats.
>>
Hi, I've been dieting for about a month and started going gym last week. However, how it works is that the gym instructor set me a workout. It goes as follows

Full Body running machine (which I can't remember the name of) 6mins
Barbell shrugs @6kgx2 10x3
Bench press @30kg 10x3
Shoulder press @7.5 kg 10x3
Leg press @95kg 10x3
Abdominal @35kg 12x3
Pull down @ 18kgx2 10x3
Thromboid pull @ 15kgx2 10x3

Is this good? I'm aware some of the names may not make sense since I can't remember the names and don't have the timetable in front of me.
>>
>>40455171
Diet soda has crap in it, crap you put in your body like aspartam. It is 200 times sweeter than sugar.

Same for crap they put in whey shakes with sweet tastes, myprotein shakes have a substance in them called sucralose which is 500 to 600 times sweeter than sugar. This is the shit you put in your body when you drink diet coke.
>>
I've increased my walking from half a mile a day to a full mile!!! I'm still eating good too. All homemade stuff like skinless chicken. Cutting out pop to once a week. Drinking mainly water and tea using a dietary supplement for taste. Not pure sugar!!!

I took pics of myself for my friends and sent what I looked like a month ago and they were shocked!!

It felt amazing and really motivated me. My fatty double chin is nearly gone and my stomach is starting to thin and my moobs are going away!

I can see my dick when I pee!
>>
>>40456261
Looks good to me but why no squats deadlifts or lunges
>>
>>40456269
Not sure, he didn't set it. Plus my back is fucked from being sedentary software engineer for years.
>>
>>40456268
Well done man. But keep going, increase mileage as time goes on, cut out pop entirely. I know you can do it.

We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>40456327
Thanks it's exciting getting the attention and support. Real motivator. Idk how much I weigh now but I can see that my body is changing
>>
>>40456327
I do need to correct my post. The pic I originally sent my friend was about 4-5 months ago.
>>
>>40455029
just drink water and coffee
>>
File: week1 vs week3.jpg (2MB, 5832x2456px) Image search: [Google]
week1 vs week3.jpg
2MB, 5832x2456px
I have been swimming for about a month, lifting for roughly a week, and have been dieting since I started swimming (cutting roughly 1500 calories from TDEE).

I can't tell if I look different, certainly feel better though.
>>
>>40450585
You're still an animal tho, so it's not weird for some people to need 'rewards' as in treats.
>>
File: 1468523639303.png (272KB, 447x458px) Image search: [Google]
1468523639303.png
272KB, 447x458px
>>40450666
please be joking
>>
>>40451940
>>40451940

what the FUCK are you doing telling people to eat like this? it's no goddamn wonder you're all fat if you eat that shit

chicken marinated in oil and sugar - 200
lettuce - 0 (and zero fucking nutritional value too!)
fucking cheese - 150
meme tier tortilla with more calories than a normal one - 210
RANCH FUCKING DRESSING -150

So now you're eating a 700+ calorie wrap where at least 50% of the macros are from FAT and you're calling it healthy? Fuck you!

Actually healthy wrap:
Regular tortilla - 170
Can/pouch of tuna - 90
Favorite flavor of hummus (2tbs) - 70
1 cup baby spinach - 10
Total: 340

You could have TWO of those wraps and have it be less calories than ONE of yours! You fat fucks need to LEARN HOW TO EAT!
>>
How to tell if you're losing fat or water weight?
>>
Just got my lab results back. Hypothyroidism, Vitamin D deficiency, insulin resistance. I'm getting put on medication. It'll help with my weight loss.

I've been losing a pound a week with hypothyroidism out of sheer determination. Feeling good, even though I feel like total shit.
>>
Hi /fg/. Can you lose weight if you don't bother with dieting, just lifting weights and HIIT + physical work during the day?
>>
Guys I fucked up last night and drank five glasses of wine. How can I get over the temptation of booze?
>tfw trying to lose weight, quit smoking, and cut down on drinking all at the same time
>>
>>40456831

no

other way round
>>
>>40456658
If you are trying to learn healthy eating habits, food rewards of unhealthy foods as a 'treat' might not be the best idea.
>>
>>40456831
No, you need a healthy diet with reduced calories.
In weight loss, Diet matters much more than exercise.
What city is this?
>>
>Be fat
>But less so after dieting for 4 months and losing a ton of weight, getting there, gonna make it.
>Went to the gym for light weight lifting, because knees are tired from all the cardio I'm doing every day. I just do moderate weight lifting when I feel like my knees could use a rest (Walking 6-8 mile everyday)
>mother offers to get me something to eat when she goes out
>Say what the hell and ask for a 6 inch publix tendy sub, I'll just eat less the rest of the day and be fine
>She comes back with a 12inch, cheddar cheese, ranch dressing, green onions tendy sub
>O-oookay I don't want to be rude, I'll just eat a half and be careful the rest of the day
>Currently sitting in the fridge taunting me, thinking if I should just chuck it out.

You're going to call me a fatass, but if you haven't had the wonder of a publix tendy sub with all the trimmings then you have no right to judge.

Send help.
>>
>>40456806

After about 3-4 weeks of dieting you should be have depleted your glycogen stores.

You'll lose or gain water weight after depending on diet, but a few weeks in you can be pretty confident that what you're losing is actual body mass.
>>
>>40456877
Moscow.
>>
>>40456886

I know that pain Florida-bro.
>>
>>40456093

Just keep at it man. Every month you'll look better. Every month people will comment "Anon you look like you lost weight".

It isn't about the end goal of ideal weight, it is about making steady improvement every month.
>>
went to the gym
Did 3 sets of 8 pull ups
3 sets of 5 squats
and 5 sets of 3 power cleans. I was worried about the power cleans because you can hurt yourself easily. i did warm up lifts with these and 5 minutes on a stationary bike warm up oo
>>
>>40456886
You're never gonna make it with that mindset. Your mother called you and asked if you wanted something to eat. You tell her no. This greentext wouldn't exist if you had the discipline and fortitude to deny yourself the temptation in the first place.

What happened instead was you asked her to bring you something. She brought more then you asked for (typical of mothers), and now you have to justify eating more then you planned. (I don't want to be rude! - this doesn't even make sense, you asked for it, how is it rude to deny it?) Then, finally, you ask others not blame you for your dilemma because the food is irresistible.

You have an unhealthy relationship with food.
>>
>>40456831
No way. But i lost 88lbs by not giving a shit about working out
>>
>>40456946
I also did 3 sets of 3 standing military presses. I was meant to do 5 sets plus warm up but my shoulders are weak as fuck and i couldn't get passes 50 lbs.
On the bright side i really felt my workout and was sweating so much my skin was shiny. I feel really good and i'll get that press next time
>>
>>40456886
Toss it. It's a leftover sandwich half. Get a grip.
>>
yo bros
fatman here
250lbs 6' dropped from 275lbs
its a slow as fuck process think i can make 200 by summer?
>>
>>40456217
>picture is taken where I live

DEN BOSCH
E
N

B
O
S
C
H
>>
>>40456965
I lost 70 lbs by just working everyday, and i didnt care about dieting or working out
>>
who else got McDonalds breakfast up in this bitch?
>>
How do I stop being bothered when my clinically-underweight friend calls herself fat? She's 5'6" 106lbs and got mad when she gained half a pound in two weeks. Meanwhile I'm actually fat, exercising, eating at a deficit, etc. It's infuriating when she eats a banana and complains about how fat she is. If she's fat, what does that make me? She also keeps offering me her food or putting stuff like candy and chips directly in my mouth when she doesn't want them any more. She knows I'm dieting.
>>
>>40457115
My toothache hurts more than 1000 kids starving to death in Africa.
>>
>>40457113
Sorry fatfriend, oat porridge here.
>>
Have been hitting the gym hard for a few months, eating 1200 cals a day. I lift every day and cardio 5 times a week for around 40mins.

Since starting this, I've gained 6lbs. I've lost inches though and apparently I look a lot slimmer.

Question is - when should I expect the actual weight loss to happen? I don't want to keep gaining weight forever. I have around 50lbs to lose and can't really afford to keep gaining.

This didn't happen before I upped my workouts
>>
>>40457130
You aren't counting the calories correctly if you are gaining.
>>
>>40457115
Focus on yourself, you will soon become fit and happy she will stay underweight malnourished unhappy and miserable
>>
>>40457063
Yeah I lived there my family still lives there I sometimes go visit them
Woon niet meer in db helaas
>>
>>40457115
she probably has mental health issues and actually thinks she is fat. try to be a bit more openminded, although it seems like she is fine she is probably in a worse spot than you are (assuming she actually means what she says and isnt just teasing you).
>>
>>40457140

I literally track everything I eat on MFP and weigh/portion my food. There is absolutely no way that I'm eating an additional 3500 calories every week, when my daily calories count is 1200 and my TDEE is over 2200. I'd have to be stuffing my face which I'm really not.
>>
>>40457115
desu stop being friends with her shes obviously malicious and doesnt mean well
i have a friend thats thin and says shes fat and stuff but shes really supportive abt me losing weight. so you need to find better friends
>>
>>40457159
Tough luck you're fucking up somewhere if you've gained weight on a diet.
>>
>>40457159
which TDEE calculator did you use and which activity level did you put in ? A LOT and I mean A LOT of people overestimate their activity level.
>>
Anyone got progress pics going from Seth Rogan to Brad Pitt?
>>
>>40457190

I put in the lowest amount of physical activity because I didn't want to over estimate, plus I have an office jobs so there's literally zero physical exertion.

Regardless, I'm eating 1200 calories each day and logging absolutely everything.

I'm definitely losing inches and fat, even if can tell this by looking in the mirror and measuring, plus several people have commented. I know I'm doing it right, I just assumed the weight gain was to do with either water weight muscle.

I just wanted to know if any anons had gone through a similar thing when first upping their workouts and could tell me when this random gain is likely to end.
>>
>>40457152
Jammer, het is een gezellige stad

Zeker naar de randstad verhuist om te studeren?
>>
>>40457159
you are eating not enough calories, cutting 50% of your tdee is basically a guarantee to fail. Also there is no way that you eat 1200 and gain weight, its just not possible. Maybe you are reading the labels on food wrong, "a portion" often is less than the full package
>>
>>40457251
Naar maastricht en idd om te studeren. Ik mis Den Bosch wel hoor
>>
>>40457318

So it won't be a muscle thing then? That's what everybody else on fit has been telling me so far. I'm really confused. How have I lost inches but gained weight?
>>
>>40457363
weight can fluctuate a little bit but even if you are a complete beginner at lifting weights you will not gain 6lbs on a cut. Maybe your scale is broken, some scales needs to be readjusted if you move them.
>>
>>40457233
when do you weigh yourself ? I notice that I weigh 1-2kg more if I way myself the morning after days where I work out. probably because of the water retention in the muscle.
>>
>>40457344
Dat is nog best een eindje.
Is het daar niet zo gezellig als in Den Bosch?
>>
>>40457440
>>40457344
>>40457251
>>40457152
>it's a Europenas speaking Simlish thread
>>
>>40457404

Maybe. They're accurate scales apparently though.

Honestly I'm not overeating and I'm working out as much as I possibly can and I'm gaining. If I just diet, I tend to lose weight. It's the working out that seems to be causing the gain.
>>
Is this the /fit/ class of 2018?

declare yourself a trip, and be ready to rep 4chan in the internet troll forum bodybuilding competition
>>
>>40457438

About once a fortnight in the AM. I have usually worked out the day before though as I work out 5 days a week and lift every night.
>>
>>40457473
>it's an American who can only speak one language thread
>>
>>40450343
this really.

but if you aren't a huge pussy you'll try anyway and won't stop until your penis is at maximum length and you look almost attractive

you're probably a big old pusspuss though seeing as you were passive enough to become a blimp.
>>
File: NoThxFrendo.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
NoThxFrendo.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>40453716
>and nicotin
nicotine.
that's disgusting.

>I'm going to try to get healthy by putting addictive shit in my body
>>
>>40454328
>I try not to put much cream in each cup because I can't really afford to buy shit loads of it, but I do drink around 2-5 pots of coffee a day
>cream in each cup
>2-5 pots of coffee a day

you're fucking stupid and disgusting.
>>
Started dieting about 5 days ago, 5'10" and 210.

Been trying to stay at 1900 caloreis each day and been doing fine with it. You think I should cut back further?
>>
Anyone here have the "Squat is terrible compared to other lifts" syndrome?

I'm 5'11 100 kg and my lifts are 40/60/55/90

It sucks that I can't estimate how well my squat is because it's obviously my body weight lowering it down.
>>
>>40457676
do you use a mirror? It helps a lot, even if it might be a little awkward
>>
>>40457686
Squat while using a mirror? I don't see how that would help me get a good estimation. I didn't mean my form by the way, just how much I'm truly pushing.
>>
>>40457440
Het is wel ok
Ik zit toch alleen op mijn kamer anime te kijken of ik ga naar de gym haha
>>
>>40457707
translate to burger for me friend.

90kg is lmao1pl8 right?

an 100 KG is 220lbs?
>>
>>40457776
>>40457676
either way you're probably pretty new to lifting right? and you are permacutting to get to 165 or so?
>>
>>40457717
De belangrijke dingen in het leven he
>>
File: Screenshot_20170221-120722.png (443KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170221-120722.png
443KB, 1080x1920px
Here's a free pizza for you gross fat fucks
>>
>>40455527

I am not going to start bulking until I see my abs. 10% bodyfat is my goal
>>
File: 1480608569620-r9k.jpg (977KB, 1483x664px) Image search: [Google]
1480608569620-r9k.jpg
977KB, 1483x664px
Be real with me /fat/, how practical is it to develop an eating disorder. I read an article of some fatty that starved himself for like a year and got /fit/ because of it.

Drink water to survive obviously, but other than that use body fat for every calorie necessary

I'm probably going to try it anyway regardless I'm just tired of this
>>
Imma start working out today with my mom and dad
Im quite unfit but i plan on to power through atleast an hour of working out today but i dont want to hurt myself.
I dont have a good set of running shoes yet so should I just stick with the ellipticals and bikes?
would 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weightlifting be acceptable or should i do 1 hour of each alternating each day?
what are some good meals before and after? water isnt a concern for me as i already drink plenty (even too much at times)
been reading the sticky
>>
File: Jasper2.jpg (74KB, 489x489px) Image search: [Google]
Jasper2.jpg
74KB, 489x489px
>>40457965
>use body fat for every calorie necessary
>he wants to lose all his natty muscle from being a fat fuck
>>
I was around 350 lbs and now i am hitting 220 lbs, i am really getting discouraged by the fat skin and how my knees suffered through all the cardio.

Should i even bother to continue?
>>
>>40457934
Pizza hut doing 50% off menu price.

I was just gonna pick up a thin crust for 5 bucks once I got off work.
>>
>>40458001
Go to papas and get a large for free
>>
>>40458007
I tell ya what.

I copy'd that code down for later. and actually forgot about my game plan.

I'm actually getting gas station chicken and drinking with my pops tonight

no pizza :(
>>
File: Susan1.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Susan1.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>40457994
>knees suffered through all the cardio.
what cardio did you do? swimming is goat and doesn't hurt your knees.

steps are okay because less impact than running

walking is fine but it's not super cardio

running is out of the question for most fatties.

Talk to your doc if you can about what you can do for your knees. but good job on that 130lbs
>>
>>40457994
Yes, keep going. Also you were kind of stupid for starting cardio hard enough to hurt your knees, at that weight you should had lost all your fat through diet.
>>
>>40457968
p-please respond
>>
>>40455171

I think the acidity is bad for your stomach and teeth, but that's true for things like juice as well. Not water, though.

And the carbonation can make your stomach expand and make you feel hungry.

I still think fatties who drink tons of soda should shift to diet soda before water, though. Cold turkey is too hard for most people, that's why they're fatties in the first place.
>>
>>40457968
if you are overweight you shouldn't run or else you can seriously damage your joints. Also diet is 90% of weight loss.
>>
>>40458119
this

cardio is for heart strength
>>
did jogging, then deadlifts and squats first thing in the morning.

then went on a 5 hour long walk on the countryside while listening to podcasts
>>
>>40455661

Think about what this is telling you.

1. People who are fit already have better eating habits that don't include diet drinks
2. People who are fat and drink diet drinks don't get their calories from soda, so they must be eating more food to maintain that weight

Shit tier study
>>
>>40458141
>5 hour long walk on the countryside
do you have zero responsibilities?
>>
>>40458119
yeah my eating is the biggest contributor to my weigh but my life is also quite sedentary
i also have a bad habbit of eating way too many sweets
should i just start trying to replace sweets with veggies and fruits for snacks?
>>
File: IMG_0369.jpg (26KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0369.jpg
26KB, 450x450px
Do waist trainers help lose weight? Pic related
>>
>>40457130
Depends on how fast you want to lose weight. Taking exercise into account as well for calorie loss is a bonus
>>
>>40458233
i assume you are quite young, it will be difficult for you to lose weight on your own. The most important part as i said is diet, if you are not buying and preparing your own food you will have little control over the amount of calories you eat. If you really want to lose weight talk to your parents about it and maybe even get help from a doctor.
>>
>>40458418
I have talked to my parents about it but they seem to think weightloss is 90% cardio,5% weight lifting, and 5% diet
they try to ridicule me for preferring dumbbells to a treadmill

i can start adjusting what i get for snacks and some meals but not all meals
just looked at the bread i was eating and its 80 calories a slice

im at around 270lbs, whats a good place to see suggested calorie intakes?
>>
File: tan-tablets.jpg (65KB, 570x768px) Image search: [Google]
tan-tablets.jpg
65KB, 570x768px
to any other pale fatties out there, these really work. i'm a week in, and these + fish oils, i'm so shiny and... not darker, just like, gone from english pink to kinda bronze

you need some sun. doesn't matter if it's cloudy, rays penetrate. walk to work
>>
>tfw food cravings because you can feel your calorie deficit

Fuck you too body.
>>
>>40458503
You can calculate your tdee here: https://tdeecalculator.net/ and eat -500kcal of the result of that.
>>
>>40458546
says i should be doing 2100kcal if im cutting but that seems still relatively high

as long as i dont feel any ill effects, would it be acceptable to tone it down bit by bit?
>>
>>40458597
generally its considered safe to eat -25% of your tdee. However -500 is good enough to see consistent results
>>
Someone make a new thread and make sure to include thread number in it next one is thread 3
>>
>>40455264

I did keto for a while but stopped because it's a huge pain, especially when you live and eat with other people who aren't doing it.

It's a meme as far as it making you lose more weight, but I was way way less hungry when I was doing it.
>>
new thread >>40459151
>>40459151
>>40459151
>>40459151
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.