[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

qtddtot sqt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 28

File: 1487333237302.jpg (101KB, 1008x650px) Image search: [Google]
1487333237302.jpg
101KB, 1008x650px
Old thread: >>40425858
Does anyone have experience rowing for cardio
I can't find a cardio machine I like and doesn't provide an opportunity to cheat like stair steppers and treadmills you just sometimes hang on the rails which lowers calories burned etc
I've used the elliptical for the longest but I think I don't burn enough calories
Rowing seems good on paper to me,full body works lower back and shoulders and arms as well instead of just only legs
My problem with it is that it seems to not raise my heart rate at all, so even if I am burning calories, I'm not getting any cardio benefits
>>
File: trump-imortal.jpg (56KB, 480x869px) Image search: [Google]
trump-imortal.jpg
56KB, 480x869px
>>40438564
what kind of rower are you using ? and are you using a heart rate monitor ?

I would have a hard time believing you couldn't get your heart rate going on a C2 rower if you are maintaining a decent pace.
>>
>>40438564
just run then.
My right elbow hurts when benching. Any ideas why?
>>
what is wrong with us?
i can never quite put my finger on it
obviously this doesnt apply to everyone but for most of the people that visit this board, and 4chan in general, we're just not normal

what is wrong with us, and why
>>
>>40438564
If your heart isn't raised enough then you're not pushing hard enough.
Simple as that.

And if you just want to burn calories then being able to do that for long stretches is MORE important then getting a very high heart rate for a shorter period of time.
>>
>>40438599
>>40438599
C2 I believe
I've never used a rower before but I YouTube some form things and shit
I had it on like level 3 (7/10, since the level is inverted afaik)
I kept it around 600/800 calories burned an hour
The display had some paceboat thing I couldn't get working

Like I couldn't get to the point of feeling my heart beating crazy hard that I could usually push myself to midway through through workout if I was on an elliptical per say
I'm just hoping that I'm getting my cardio in because I liked this way more than elliptical
>>
>>40438621
Could be tendonitis that goes away with time
Make sure you don't pause at the top locked or bottom for too long
Get someone to give you a lift off
>>40438772
Trying to get both m8
I just want my healthy cardio heart work, and then yeah like 500 calories minimum I figure i can lose an extra pounds a week doing so
I'm much fatter than I thought,got calipers and found out I'm around 25%, just so much around my legs and torso that it isn't 100% noticeable if I wear the right cloths I can look normal
>>
For someone who is 5'10, is 160 lean a good bodyweight to be at? Would that look buff or just skinny?
>>
>>40438784
you would want to adjust the display settings to not show that game and to show time & pace for 500m and distance rowed.

You're going to want to have fewer, but more powerfull strokes/pulls. I usually start out the first 15-30 minutes at an easy pace and then start doing intervals at a high pace. I can definitely get my heart rate up over 160 doing this.
>>
>>40438831
You can easily drop down to 15-18% with a strict as fuck cut and being more active.

Right now exercise is not nearly enough to put you over the top. It's a nice bonus but you simply won't be doing enough to burn off the excess.

When choosing a workout to help you get fit and burn a few hundred extra calories you should choose something that you like and will help build some strength and help maintain or build mass.
The most important thing is that it must be something you can and are willing to do and will help you with your life. Something that you will consistently do and will help you become a more active and healthier and fitter person.
While there is nothing wrong with exercise to help burn calories, do not for one single solitary moment think that you can simply row away from a bad or badly thought out diet.
>>
>>40438564
I have femur rotation which is causing my feet to turn outwards, is there surgery for it.
2. I weigh 102 pounds is mass gainer healthy for me to drink or should i eat protiens
>>
I've used dnp three times already.

First time went great had no sides.

The second time my lips became swollen and I had very bad canker sores Had to stop cycle

The third time my lips just got swollen had to stop cycle

Is dnp out of the picture for me? I fucking figured it was but god damnit it was so fucking perfect and such a time saver. If any of you had had similar experiences can you please share how you handled it?
>>
Reposting from the other qtddtot

Last Sunday, I focused on my biceps for the first time and did a lot of curls. I had doms for like 3-4 days. If I were to do that same workout again with the same intensity, but a week later (today) and the doms have healed, would I get doms again or will my arms be used to that now?
>>
Does it matter what kind of shoes I squat in?
>>
>>40438930

With dnp, anytime you get repeated side effects that aren't normal, it's probably best to quit. Did you try an antihistamine with the swollen lips? It almost sounds like an allergic reaction. I've never encountered that problem with it before
>>
>>40439149

Imo, as long as they aren't clown shows, then no, it doesn't really matter. Keep your balance and form in check.
>>
>>40439178
Never tried it with and during the cycle when the problem occurred however I did use an anithistamine (benadryl) but ceased to use dnp

It's prolly for the best because I didn't learn and gained all the weight back while being addicted to drugs

should a 1500 calories iso caloric diet would be a good start?

I also thought about using clen/albuterol/or T3
>>
>>40438838
help
>>
>>40438564

Still continuing to progressively look more and more like a t rex despite switching to PPL.

Is a six day PP(no legs) too much?

Is hitting the same muscle groups 3x a week too much?

Can it work if the extra days are volume and not strength?
>>
>>40439229

Depending on your height and weight, 1500 seems to be pretty low, but you will lose a lot more weight faster.

I have no experience with clen or t3 sorry, but I do know some people get good results with them.
>>
>>40439379

some muscle groups like abs, forearms, and maybe calves respond well with more volume per week than others. 3x for the big muscle groups is too much. they need time to repair
>>
>>40438930
just leave that dangerous shit alone.

Have some discipline and do a keto diet and you can easily lose 2+ lb a week of fat.
>>
>>40439103
You're probably going to get doms again. But not as bad.
Your biceps are not used to being stressed and so..Doms happened.
Soon you won't have to worry about doms.
>>
What are some good bodyweight/dumbbell exercises to target the upper chest? I don't have a bench
>>
File: 1487248983843.jpg (75KB, 440x660px) Image search: [Google]
1487248983843.jpg
75KB, 440x660px
Also op break again
I do cardio every day
500 calories every other day and then just some light shit for 20 minutes after lifting

After my first rowing I am sore as fuck all over my back lower back traps rear Delts, most noticable being traps
Will this go away as a row more
>>
>>40438838
It depends on your body composition.
>>
>>40439510
This will be a stupid out of the ball park non direct answer
I've felt this in my upper chest specifically though, do dumbbell raises with light weight
-Like a shoulder raise- but try to do the most work through squeezing your ches
You're gonna have to angle the dumbbell inwards
>>
>>40439510
reverse grip floor press
decline push-ups
>>
>>40439483
what about the rebound weight gain after eating normally?
>>
What other good exercises are there for legs besides barbell squats?
>>
>>40438749
4chan is its own culture, distinct and probably superior to the native culture of most of the countries its users hail from. That's why it takes so long for newfags to get it and fit in. They're integrating.

You're a foreigner.
>>
>>40439772
i guess i am a newfag
still doesnt quite answer the question of what is wrong with us
>>
>>40439824

It does. We're outsiders. You can only be a part of one culture at a time.
>>
>>40439551
Generally speaking, at 12% bodyfat?
>>
File: 1487014091825.jpg (108KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1487014091825.jpg
108KB, 1080x1349px
Why are sumo deadlifts considered "cheating"?Conventional deadlifts make me feel like my shit is about to get snapped up when I go heavy, I prefer the more upright posture. Will I lose out on hamstring/glutes and traps by doing only sumo?
>>
>>40438564
Make sure you're rowing with proper form before starting a workout regimen on the rowing machine. I see way too many people wasting their time using horrible form and then saying they don't get anything out of a rowing workout. You probably can't get a good aerobic workout on it because you're simply doing it wrong.

That being said rowing is god tier cardio. Nothing else comes close except swimming. Also it's great for aesthetics
>>
File: 10189234213512351.jpg (171KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
10189234213512351.jpg
171KB, 1920x1080px
I'm planning on tugging to restore my foreskin, how long should I tug each day? How long does it usually take?

Mercifully I still have my frenulum and the foreskin is intact everywhere except covering the glans, so I only need about an inch.
>>
File: c3a.jpg (30KB, 555x475px) Image search: [Google]
c3a.jpg
30KB, 555x475px
So I've been lifting and trying to eat all the protein I can find for 6 months now and I want to start my cut tomorrow. According to my fitness pal I should be eating 2750 cals a day at 6’3 and 250lbs in order to lose 1.5lbs a week. Does this seem right? Is there a better calculator to use or is my fitness pal OK?
>>
what's the best aesthetic routine now that i've done SL for 3 months to gain strength from skelly mode
>>
how to make Cardio less boring? I keep wanting to just stop after a half hour because I'm so bored, should I just run faster so I don't have to run as long or what?
>>
File: oats.jpg (216KB, 2048x1053px) Image search: [Google]
oats.jpg
216KB, 2048x1053px
MACRO DISCUSSION TIME!

Looking at my daily and weekly macros, I'm getting on average almost 33% fat, 33% carbs, 33% protein ratio. Right now I'm a beginner doing SS and lifting while eating at maintenance for weight loss + noob muscle gain. Do these ratios sound okay? If not, what should they be?
>>
>>40438893
Grill?
>>
Can anyone recommend a shoe i can wear lifting as well as on a tredmill?
>>
What isolation work can i do with SS? Right now i've been doing curls/chinups on one day and dips/two-arms tricep extensions on the other day alternating.

I'm a fatass who has lost over 100 pounds and my triceps are a little flabby so I really want to improve them as best I can.
>>
anyone that actually did keto have any advice? what kind of goals would keto help with?
>>
File: 1483029356082.jpg (2MB, 1920x8040px) Image search: [Google]
1483029356082.jpg
2MB, 1920x8040px
What are all the legal supplements that come to mind when people think of meme supplements? There are some that affect some users differently than other users and the ones that have no effect are often called jokes. I'm wondering what the debatable ones are, that some people have found success with. I.e., I just wanna drug myself with whatever I can and see how it feels.
>>
>>40441516
what is that picture, what is being made, and what does it do
>>
Want to get back into training after a few months off, but i don't want to go back to doing SS and Greyskull LP. What routine should i run? Preferably with more of a bodybuilding focus, maybe some strength elements here and there
>>
>>40438564
If you perform any significant movement and it fails to raise you heart rate. Then you are performing said movement with insufficient intensity.

>please be rowing sub1 splits
>>
File: 1479939208245.jpg (18KB, 451x451px) Image search: [Google]
1479939208245.jpg
18KB, 451x451px
Yesterday I flirted with a prostitute without knowing that she was one, honest. By the time the conversation made me realize it she was on my flat already, so we had sex. She just behaved like a regular girl, no money talk, she said she really liked me. She wants to come over again.
Yeah, did use a condom.

Is hooking up with a prostitute for free alpha, beta or just degenerate?
>>
I just started working out for the first time and while testing my strength I found out that my upper/lower body strength is very disproportionate. Like, I bench as much as I can squat. Should I endeavor to fix this, or is it not really a problem?
>>
File: IMG_0054.jpg (111KB, 960x936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0054.jpg
111KB, 960x936px
>>40442096
Most likely degenerate.

Also, known in some parts as rape.

Her product is sex. You acquired the product without paying. This is thievery.

You are a sex-bandit.

Well done.

Have a freg. For free....
>>
>>40442153

Usually these kind of starting imbalances sort themselves out over time. If its not improving in three months or so then you've got something that should be looked at.
>>
Are Hip Adduction/Abduction machines a meme? Don't know whether to add them to my routine for leg day or not. I used to do them a little bit but I didn't know if there was any point in continuing it or just focusing more on other shit.
>>
>>40439549
keep your back straighter
shoulders up & back
>>
What difference does it make to rest your hands on the treadmill while running? I've seen a lot of people do it at my gym. Lifters as well as NYRs. I tried it once but it just feels unnatural and kinda like cheating.
>>
So iv been doing DB bench presses (flat, inclined, declined) but I still barely feel my chest getting hit and my shoulders give out before I feel my chest give. Flyes are a lot better generally though.

Is it normal to take a long time to get enough shoulder endurance to actually hit the chest? Or is my form so bad im just not getting it? Im on the fence on getting a cable and using that instead of using DBs.
>>
>>40442096
Its a tactic they often use to trick people into paying later on, or they just rob you
>>
>>40438564
How the fuck do you even think you wouldn't get cardio effects from rowing?

I don't even get how you get to this point
>>
>>40442312
there is a rowing machinf for cardio that's just like rowing a boat, maybe that's where he's coming from.... [/sarcasm]
>>
>>40438564
Aight fags, I'm dropping Squats and Deadlifts temporarily while I try to rehab my hips and lower back.
Still want to traing legs though
How's this for a leg workout (two times per week)
5 giant sets (i.e. exercise 1 -> ex 2 -> ex 3 -> rest -> repeat)
>Good Morning x5-8 / Single Leg Press x?? / Abs x10
>Bulgarian Split Squat x5-8 / Obliques x10 / Calves x15-20
>Leg Extension x8-12 / Leg Curl x8-12 / Back Extension x10-15
>>
What's wrong with lifting at the YMCA?

I have a homegym and have never been to a gym since lifting, but when we went to the gym in school it was always the Y and it seemed alright.
>>
I quick home workout right before bed, yes/no?
>>
>>40442510
Go for it.
Just remember, don't try to squeeze in something too strenuous like a HIIT workout or BURPEE session 20 minutes before you hit the hay.

It might make you too wired to sleep and lack of sleep has a whole host of negative problems when it comes to fitness.
>>
>>40438564
I row for cardio. You probably have bad form. Stop trying to do it quickly. It's all about tension. You need to really pull it, if it feels easy you're doing it wrong. The fan should be LOUD. Setting should be on 6+.
>>
>>40442271
Are they like putting their hands on the sensor for the built in heart rate monitors some treadmills have? Or just like flopping their arms on the treadmill sides?
>>
>>40442550
On the top of the display, way above the sensors/handles
>>
I finally decided to go the gym, how do I have to behave to not get any unwanted attention? I'm fat and a total sperg.
>>
>>40442566
That's weird. I mean all it really does is decrease your momentum while running. Swinging your arms is proper running form but maybe they would rather just run for a long time and want to decrease their bodyweight slightly.
>>
Sorry if it's a stupid question: how much more muscle mass would you usually have to get to look like when you have the pump going?
>>
Lads I have something called hypermobility, basically its just loose joints, heres how it fucks me up.

>turn palms up, wrists dislocate
>raise right arm above head or put it behind my back, shoulder dislocates
>hips and knees dislocate just for fun, although much more rarely

Basically what exercises can I do to take the place of the many that I cant.
Also when they dislocate It is very painful and I need a trip to the hospital to reset them so I cant just power through, although sometimes I can do the wrists myself.
>>
>>40442621
Is it elhers danlos syndrome? I got that one. You should see your doc about the exercises you can and should do.
>>
File: a cute board.png (577KB, 410x1134px) Image search: [Google]
a cute board.png
577KB, 410x1134px
>>40438564
How do i hit glutes hard?
Squats and DLs effectively do nothing, due to Hammies and Quads

When i do BW Hip Thrusts or Lunges i don't feel any activision at all
>>
If I get a massive pump from dynamic stretching, does that mean my muscles are overly tight?
>>
>>40442281
Try pinching your shoulder blades
>>
>>40442664
Are you squeezing your glutes? Focus on doing that.

Also do barbell hip thrusts, or barbell glute bridges.
>>
>>40442586
Make a plan, check youtube for form tips, rerack your weights.
>>
What's the best way to approach lifting after a break with suspected IBS? Seeing a doctor in about 2 and a half weeks time, taking a rest until I see him
>>
>>40442685
So focus on the "mind/body connection" thing and then just make sure i squeeze hard a fuark when i do the exercises?
Like do it everyday just squeezing until squeezing is 2nd nature?
>>
Poor fat fag here

Is mince meat good or bad for cutting?
>>
>>40438564
Is it normal for my back to hurt a bit after squats, like right after the exercise?

It doesn't hurt the next day. It hasn't hurt before, but it only hurts when I increase weight
>>
At what weight should I start wearing a belt for squats/dls?

I'm at about a plate for each now, but my form is still great. Should I only wear it if I notice my form starts to go bad?
>>
A couple of problems I have with shoulder exercises. I was hoping you boys could help me out with:

A - I can't do push press. My push press is lower than my OHP and I know that's not how it works.
How am I supposed to hold my upper body before the push? I feel like that's where it goes wrong for me.

B - I've been stalling on 50 - 52,5kg OHP for a long time now. I've tried deloading, and I've tried doing volume, what gives? Should I stop doing 3x5 twice a week and go with lower weight higher volume on the other day?
>>
>>40442857
question B is about OHP btw
>>
>>40442746
No, when your form starts to go bad your fix your damn form. There is no weight you should start wearing belts, some elite lifters don't even use them, like Eddie Hall.

Don't even think about using a belt before 3 plate squat and 4 plate dl, before that just try to fix your form instead.
>>
File: 「Too Much Monkey Business」.png (106KB, 346x327px) Image search: [Google]
「Too Much Monkey Business」.png
106KB, 346x327px
Should i just eat at "maintenance" until i stall on my lifts, if i want to cut down some (-2-5%) bf?
>>
>>40443083
If your goal is cutting weight, then no, just cut.
>>
>>40443141
cheers
>>
File: DSC_0118.jpg (195KB, 719x1049px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0118.jpg
195KB, 719x1049px
I've started my cut and I figured I'd try out intermittent fasting, seeing as I'd prefer to be hungry till noon rather than throughout the day, but I'm worried that I'll lose muscle mass so to counteract that I've decided to take a scoop of bcaas every morning and sip on half a scoop when I'll be lifting in the afternoon, also if I'll have considerable doms I'll take a scoop of whey with my bcaas in the morning
now I know this sort of goes against IF's whole 16h fasting period but I'm not in much of a hurry to lose weight and really don't want to lose any muscle and if at all possible gain some
have I completely missed the point or am I on to something? I know that as long as I'm in a calorie deficit I'll lose weight but I just want to make sure that most of it will be fat
some info
>179cm
>83kg
>lifting 2,5 years
really only planning to go down to like 75-76kg
>>
Can you gain strength on a cut?
Is this cut to 10-12% bf then bulk think actaully legit or just a meme?
>>
>>40442613
assuming no roids and not too weird body composition, the pretty arbitrary common estimate is +8lbs, 6 of which raw lbm.
>>
>>40442733
lean beef yes, fatty beef or mixed eeeh depends on your macros.
>>
>>40439942
>I'm planning on tugging to restore my foreskin,
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>40439892
regular diddlies help you develop your back muscles so you don't snap your shit up if you accidental try to lift something heavy.
>>
URGENT

Can someone please post the old threadcap of the guy using a ladder as a pullup bar across two bookshelves in front of a door, followed by "Local retard killed in bizarre home gym accident"
>>
File: pGNC1-24428290dt.jpg (131KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pGNC1-24428290dt.jpg
131KB, 500x500px
>>40438564
Should I take pre workout in the mornings to start my day even if I'm not working out? I mean, it's got some essential B vitamins and caffeine, so is there any down side to it?
>>
If I get fast food but take off the top bun, is that okay?
>>
>>40443473
go ahead and try it buddy. it's essentially coffee basically you'll be 100% ok.
>>
>>40443485
no. you're disgusting.

cook your own food so you can count calories correctly.
>>
>>40443487
Thanks m8! I'm trying to kick energy drinks so I figured I should trade up for something that will cost me less in the long wrong and has some decent vitamins in it. (+creatine)
>>
>>40443491
The calories for McDonald's are all on their website
>>
>>40443516
then kill yourself for being a lazy piece of shit and wasting money.
>>
>>40443521
I'm lazy because I work a lot which gives me money to blow on mcdonalds
>>
File: C729BA4.jpg (99KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
C729BA4.jpg
99KB, 1080x1080px
>>40442857
B. How long is "long"? It's normal to get stuck on ohp for at least a month.
>>
>>40443156
For a new lifter?
Definitely trolling.
That's a really low bf%, you'd only want to get that low after a few years of lifting IF you're going for aesthetics.
>>
Hi guys, two questions on my program below. 33y, lifting for 2 years with 2-3 times a week. symmetricstrength sais I am intermediate.

1) I like a bit more hypertrophy. Should I increase in general to 3x8?
2) Is the program OK or should I switch something?

A
3x5 Bench Press
3x8 Rows
3x6 Dips (Weighted)

B
3x5 Pull-Ups (Weighted)
3x5 Military Press
3x5 Deadlift

I add some other exercises at the end like curls, plank, hanging leg raises, etc.

Of course, Squats are missing. I don't want to do them right now due to back problems. Deadlift however is fine, don't ask me why...
>>
I'm currently bulking at 3300 calories a day, my macros look sometihng like this: 200 g protein 250 g carbs 160 g fat, is it an unhealthy amount of dietary fat?
>>
>>40438564
is this an ok routine (I'm going to do as many as I can the number I put is the maximum I will ever do)
50 pushups
100 situps (doing practice punches at the peak, using a sit up bench I got as a gift)
100 squats (no weights)
15 minutes cycling

would doing this daily help me get healthier or more aesthetic? currently within healthy weight range
>>
why do people work out in big jumpers?

i often see this
>>
>>40442696
Bump, want to know if I should lift with gutrot and what feels like a small bump.
>>
>>40444196
don't be a pussy, if you have to ask, lift
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>40438564
>>
>>40443956
if about 75% of those are PUFA, and in turn about 65% of those are omega 3, no.
>>
>>40443808
It's been since second week of January I guess. That's when I came back after a two week break and it hasn't been improving since.
>>
>>40443971
Just lift man, or find a proper bodyweight routine at least.
>>
File: ( . ) ).(.jpg (30KB, 640x312px) Image search: [Google]
( . ) ).(.jpg
30KB, 640x312px
>>40445619
Don't sweat it. Remember, by the time most people are ohping 1pl8 they're squatting around 3pl8. Progress on ohp is glacial.
Just make sure you're eating and sleeping well.
>>
Hitting a slight plateau on my TM split. Been fighting a cold for a bit. Debating whether I should reset and continue with the TM workouts, or if I should reset and swap to 5/3/1 BBB. Any thoughts/advice?

My 1RMs are roughly 155/255/425/510, at about 195 lbs 6'1, FWIW.
>>
File: Hairgel.jpg (8KB, 207x207px) Image search: [Google]
Hairgel.jpg
8KB, 207x207px
What should I say to the barber/stylist if I want this haircut?
>>
>>40443971
>>
Can I EC stack if my job is strenuous? I read not to stack if doing intense activity.
>>
>>40443852
>10-12%
>really low bf%
Troll or fat ass?
>>
so if 15% body fat is for slightly visible abs

at what % do I lose my love handles?

I was just over 30% when I started.
>>
>>40445697

Ask for "the Chad"
>>
Hi.
Your experience on supplementing vitamin D?
I might have depression or seasonal depression, not sure. Feel tired sometimes.
I work inside at my job, didn't exercise for the last few months so I'm probably not getting enough sun exposure.
I went to a doctor (for another problem) and did a blood test, waiting for a results. Should I wait for results and supplement anything if needed or try out supplements?
Also, is getting appropriate vitamin intake cheaper with proper food or supplement?
We do grow our food but not for whole year so I'm wondering how much does food quality (and vitamin/minerals content) vary?
>>
File: Capture.png (15KB, 358x447px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
15KB, 358x447px
My /fit/ friend gave me this program to start with. Is it any good?

From lurking here for a few months..

>Everything is 3x12

I'm guessing BP, Squats, Incline BP would better off being 3x5 with much higher weight?
>>
>>40438564
I sit down all day for work rounded forward and get discomfort sleeping and lifting. If I work on fixing imbalances will I be able to lift more?
>>
>>40445966
Might as well just go in to the gym and do whatever you want for an hour.
>>
>>40445322
I have no fucking idea mate, I just drink shitloads of milk, eat some eggs, bacon, sausages for breakfast every day, and it just adds up. Those are bad fats, right?
>>
>>40445966
No, it's not good.
Read the sticky you waste of dubs.
>>
>>40445670
Bump any thoughts?
>>
>>40445966
waaaaay too much volume for a beginner
>>
>>40445765
bf% is stupid to focus on. cut until you look good
>>
>>40442701
Not him, but also try doing some exercises/stretches to help activate them as part of your warm up, hip raises etc. Google glute activation
>>
Trying a 6 day PPL program since I have more time for a gym.

It wants me to alternate heavy benches and heavy OHP each push day, so 5x5 then 3x8 the next workout. How much should I deload the 8 rep sets by?
>>
>>40445670
I'm not as strong as you but personally I love the weekly progression of TM, my advice would be to keep running TM until you stall out for a long time while healthy, not sick. Why switch to monthly when you don't absolutely have to, right?
>>
>>40438564
Pls rate, pic related
>>
wtf is wrong with mirrors, i tought my progress is good and I look a lot better then I go buy some new shirts and look like shit in those mirrors but good at home with the shirts on/off? are mirrors bugged?
>>
>>40443150
For me at least, after a couple weeks doing IF appetite isn't really an issue. You mostly lose weight on IF because its easier to stay at a deficit. If you are lifting and not losing weight too quickly, you won't lose much muscle.

Also, after fasting 14-16 hours your body supposedly ups natural hgh and test production, further helping preserve muscle, or helping build muscle if you manage a surplus. This might be bullshit, but IF is great for cutting even if its not true.
>>
>>40442857
Push press is from the rack position like front squat. You need the bar on a solid base to transfer energy from your legs, your arms will just absorb that shit. For both, try focusing on a straight bar path. You should barely miss your nose and get directly underneath the bar after its over your head. Bar path is a vertical line over the middle of your feet.
>>
anybody knows a good track practice routine for a sprinter/ middle distance runner?
>>
What are some good rotator cuff exercises I can do without equipment?
>>
>>40446209
Just pick a weight where you're sure you can finish the last set with a rep or two left over, maybe 10-15% below your heavy sets. If it seems too easy, double the increase on it until it doesn't, or if you don't make reps leave it the same or take a couple lbs off. Its usually helpful to start on the lighter side on new routines anyway so you can get a running start at your progression.
>>
>>40446278
Hmm interesting, I guess I'll try the full 16 hours for the supposed hgh boost, will the 20 calories from the bcaas mess the fast up? I mean it's a neglible amount, there's probably that many calories in a few cups of water but I assume it won't interfere
>>
Any good fullbody routine out there for cutting? I work in the navy, which means I am stuck on a boat with minimal equiment and space.
>>
>>40446860
It probably won't interfere, but after I got used to fasting having a snack seemed to make me hungrier earlier. If you're struggling with appetite at first black coffee or tea and lots of water can help too, but appetite really wasn't and issue after a couple of weeks

I've read about training fasted with BCAAs preworkout, but never tried it. I usually train after my first meal when I'm on IF.
>>
>>40446945
Same routine you use for bulking, maybe reduce the volume a little if you have to.
>>
Is it normal that I have trouble eating after a workout?
I just got home from the gym 15 minutes ago, have a full plate of food in front of me and while I wouldn't say it makes me nauseous I definitely have to constantly remind me to take a bite right now.
What's causing this?
>>
Lifter A and lifter B are the same body weight and all variables are the same between them (height, training time, diet)

Scenario 1
Lifter A squats 100kg
Lifter B squats 200kg

Scenario 2
Lifter A squats 100kg for 1 rep
Lifter B squats 100kg for 2 reps

Is it correct to say lifter B is twice as strong in both scenarios?

How is someone considered twice as strong? Double reps / weight or is there some exponential for this?
>>
Assuming a maintenance of 2000, if I ate 3000 1 day and 1000 the next, would it amount to the same or does it fuck things up?

Numbers are purely pullled out my ass for sake of example and ease of use.
>>
>>40447198
I'm not convinced there's a determinate answer to that question. I think, conventionally, we'd say that scenario 1 more clearly involves someone being 'twice as strong' than scenario 2, which is probably a case of double-the-muscular-endurance rather than double-the-strength.

If you had to choose one scenario, I bet everyone would rather be able to lift twice as much once, than the same amount twice as many times...
>>
>>40446009
most of them
>>
>>40443392
what are diddlies
>>
>>40443485
eat at the mcDicks, fork and knife, no buns. i ate 3 double cheeses no buns today, just as filling as any burger but less carbs (water to drink ofc)same ad always applies.
--->kcal in
kcal out--->
>>
File: One Lift Per Day.png (918KB, 1028x1272px) Image search: [Google]
One Lift Per Day.png
918KB, 1028x1272px
>>40446265
I just added abs, curls and cardio to both leg/pull days and superset my main lifts with YTWL complexes
Why don't you do the 5x1/5x5/5x3 stuff? It is essential, otherwisr your not stressing your body enough
>>
>>40447612
>guize have you heard of this new 5/3/1 thing??
>i made it slightly more inconvenient!!
>>
>>40447807
531 is for cucks
>>
>>40447877
>>40447612
self-aware samefag?
>>
I'm having trouble maintaining lifts

It seems like one day I can do 7 pull ups, but after I rest, then try it again.. I can only do 4.
>>
What should I eat for breakfast (cutting calories, not trying to gain)?

Don't really like oats, and they're pretty calorie dense. Currently eat grits with butter, and 2 fried eggs every morning but I feel like I could do better.

Grits don't really have any nutritional value, just filler carbs. I could cut out eggs, get my fat from the butter but then I'd be missing out on protein.

How do I get the max nutrients and shit to least calorie ratio in something that tastes good? Prefer savory foods over sweet.

Also trying to save money so need cheap food. Protein sources right now primarily beef and chicken hearts, and beef liver, and lentils for non animal protein, cause all that shit is cheap as fuck.

So bacon and sausage and such are out. Should I just disregard protein for breakfast?

I don't really eat lunch, then dinner is generally a bunch of different veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, red cabbage, red onions, poblanos, serranos, jalapeños, carrots, tomatoes, eggplant, kale, mustard greens, turnip greens, spinach, mushrooms... Usually some combination of that shit) fried up together with chopped hearts in a bit of tallow or oil, or if liver I fry it on the side.

Ideally I'd like to stay at like 1500 or less calories per day, cause I'm sedentary as fuck so it doesn't take much for me to stop losing.

I don't mind monotony either, should I just eat the same shit for breakfast and dinner every single day?

fuck that was a lot of rambling.
>>
>>40448254
why not just make eggs the entire breakfast?

4 eggs should be like 300 calories for hella protein.
>>
>>40447877
Nothing wrong with 531 if your fine with slow, long term progress and aren't in a hurry to hit a particular number. Its also not great for bodybuilding or power lifting but is perfectly fine for intermediates that are just looking at general strength.
>>
>>40447943
Eat more sleep more train more
>>
>>40448294
I don't know, I feel like I eat too many eggs, I'm constantly buying them lol. And mildly worried about the cholesterol thing cause my blood pressure is somewhat high.

Eggs are fucking delicious though. Hell, a hot bowl of grits with two runny ass eggs in it is fantastic.
>>
can anybody recommend good 5 day lifting routines? I have a gym pass, and want to make the most of it
>>
>>40447019
yeah my friend tried IF and said after a couple of weeks you don't even feel hungry in the mornings so I'll try to soldier through it
I also won't be training fasted, while it would burn a lot of fat, the quality of the workouts would probably be shit, so I'll lift in the afternoon
thanks m80
>>
>>40448408
TM 4 day template with a fifth day focusing solely on weakpoints and muh aesthetics accessories. Sounds gay, also is, but worked good for me for a while.
>>
>>40448518
cleans are stupid. There are alternative exercises for this muscle group isn't there?
>>
I am a rugby player. My shoulders always seem loose, and one actually popped out this weekend. What can I do to fix this?
>>
>>40448587
Cleans are GOAT you flaming faggot. That said, there is no real alternative per se, you could alternate heavy tire flips and weighted box jumps to roughly get the same effects.
>>
are pushups worth doing if I explode out of them and get some lift?

I'm not trying to do a clap or anything, but I just feel I get more UMPH out of it if I pump the fuck out of that bitch, and it gets to do more reps than I OG set out for.
>>
Because of some events out of my control today, I won't be able to go to the gym. Instead, I'm going to do a high volume pushup/bodyweight workout in my room. I know it isn't quite as good as the gym, but will I still be making a small amount of progress? I've been very consistent about going to the gym lately, and I'm getting demoralized thinking about missing a day
>>
>>40448785
curb your autism. a single missed day will not magically ruin your progress you ape. do whatever bodyweight routine makes you feel like you did something and continue as you were next time you hit the gym.
>>
Carpel tunnel, fucking hurts.

What do?
>>
>>40447434
diddlylifts
>>
Why do I keep pulling my traps, halfway down my back when I squat.

My DL is 5pl8 with no issues and my squat was 325lbs but now I'm doing like 255 and still occasionally fucking my traps up.
>>
So i got a program from my physio.

It's basically targetting upper body because i have issues with shoulders, neck and back, and all of the resistance exercises are basically pulling.

I was just wondering if there is ANY consequence from not balancing pulling/pushing, or if it's alright.

I dunno how long i'm gonna do this program, but since i'm a poor student, i won't contact my physio again before i've done a large bit of progress.

It's definitely helping, but i'm just wondering if there needs to be a balance between pushing and pulling or if it isn't that important.

Also, can i do push-ups everyday to "help" it (also on gym days)?
>>
>>40439723
>alternatively
dumbbell/machine flyes
cable crossover
>>
>>40440642
too high fat-carb ratio imo, I've noticed better gains keeping with something like 25/25/50. More carbs seems to better for making any muscle gains
>>
>>40449685
The reality is most likely the reason its all pulling is because all of those muscles are weak. I am going to guess, forward head posture, rounded shoulders, etc. The reality is you can do things like pushups but it might actually be worse for you if your so bad your going to someone as a student. My suggestion would be to do the program as prescribed for a little bit and give it a few weeks and see.

With that being said, IF you are going to do things like pushups or whatever, after you are done, I would highly recommend stretching your muscles (look up some of the foam roller stuff). Those problems I mentioned above besides being caused by a weak back/shoulder, etc, tight front muscles (due to always being worked out) can add to the problem, so you want to lengthen and stretch those muscles, strengthen your back, rear delts, etc.
>>
>>40440642
protein = 1g per lb of bodyweight (+/- 20g)
25-30% of total calories from fat
carbs = everything left over

IE if say your 5'11 / 180 lbs (2500 Calories)
Protein = 180g (720 Claories)
Fat = (2500 * .25) (625 Calories) ~70g
Carbs = 2500 - (720 + 630) = 1150 = 287.5g
>>
>>40449803
Thanks a lot man
>>
>>40449886
Yeah if you have bad posture a lot of it comes from tight/strong front delts/chest and a weak back so it makes sense to have a lot of pull exercises to reset the balance between the two.
>>
>>40449906
Thanks. It makes sense why i have to do a lot of pulling then, because yes that is exactly my problem.

>tight front muscles (due to always being worked out)

Do you mean that the muscles become tight because i work out my back and then i need to stretch to actually gain a benefit in posture?
>>
>>40449986
>>40449906
Oh i just read it again and figured out you're talking about pushing exercises.
>>
Anyone have a good alt exercise for cable twists and hyper extensions for abs?
>>
>>40438564
Row until your hands bleed, and sweat drips into your eyes. You do not stop, for fear of letting your 8 down. Row on, catch, row, catch, feather your oars. I'm sorry coach, i'll do better next time. Please, don't make me take another 5k test. Please coach. I'm so hungry.
>God I miss rowing.
>>
>>40450010
Yeah my earlier wording was terrible. Basically whenever you workout your chest and strengthen it pulls on your "frame". If the muscles on your chest are stronger then the opposing muscles on your back, you kind of begin to look "hunched" over. Once that happens your muscles in your chest are shortened (or tight) because they are always a little closer together then normal.

By releasing some of the tension, loosing them up by stretching them, rolling out the tightness/knots you can start to try to lengthen them back into a normal position. Combined with strengthening your muscles in your back it should get you back to a neutral posture.

This works pretty much throughout our body. Another big area of concern for a lot of people is their pelvis (well not really concern but another defunct posture area concern). Hamstrings/Core are balanced out by Quads/Lower Back. If say for example your low back and quads are tight and your core/hamstring are weak you will get anterior pelvic tilt. But yeah, same idea with the chest/shoulders.
>>
>>40438564
former college rower here

Ergs are literal torture machines

Erging is only fun if you're doing it wrong

Literally any other cardio is preferable to Erging unless you're working on pacing with a group of people who are in a boat with you or chasing a specific split time

Just lift weights and go run faggot.

The only reason I occasionally still erg is because I have a peak split time that I want to make sure I can still maintain. And because 99% of other people in the gym erg completely incorrectly and seeing them do it makes me want to throw them off the erg and show them how it's done.

>>40450073
I miss it intensely too, but 50% for the comraderie and 20% for being out on the water, and 30% for the thrill of victory/racing. Winters spent in the boathouse erging were only worth it because of the above.
>>
>>40450108
That makes sense. I also have stuff going on in my lower back, hips and thighs.
Basically, as i could understand it, my physio wanted to focus on the upper body first and when i made enough progress there, i could get a lower body focusing program.

So far, for lower body, i only stretch my hip flexors. I started to do it once a day, and it was something i found online and not anything from my physio. I suspect that should be alright. Maybe do squats too?
>>
Why do all the people I know with good abs don't do squats or deadlifts, but do typical bro workouts that involve crunches, situps, planks and all that """"meme"""" tier shit, yet they have better results than most of these faggots preaching squats and oats? I do deadlifts and squats but only recently started working my core separately doing planks and other movements. Do meme tier ab workouts really work?
>>
>>40440132
seconding this question
>>
>>40450426

Because there's a difference between having strong, rock-solid abs, and abs that look big but are functionally worthless by comparison.

Guess which one brosplits give you.
>>
>>40450453
Guess which one most people care about
>>
>>40450453
So you're saying you can't do deadlifts, squats AND vanity shit for your abs? LMAO
>>
>>40450565

That was besides the point, but okay.

>>40450577

I never said this. You can do more core volume on top of your main lifts if you want.
>>
I plan on running a 10 miler in May, but I'm not sure how to train for it given my goals. I've been running for a year and can run a 24 minute 5k. My long runs have been around 8 miles, and I do around 20 miles/week. I would like to be able to run the 10 miles in under an 8:30 pace.
I've been looking at http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51128/15-K-Training-Guide-Intermediate-Program, but it peaks at a 9 mile long run, but I'm already doing 8 milers. What would be the best way forward for increasing milage and improving my speed?
>>
>>40450745
Just saying. Rather look strong and impress most of population than actually be strong and impress couple gay gym bros. Personally I would like to be both but I will take the looks over all anyday
>>
>>40451597

Fair enough
>>
Had surgery recently and wont be able to lift for another 3 weeks. I cant lift anything over 15 lbs as is could cause me to tear me stitches. What should I to to maintain as much muscle and strength as possible aside from high protein diet?
>>
>>40451635

Stay as mobile as you're allowed to be within the parameters prescribed by your doctor. Remaining sedentary will just be asking for atrophy
>>
>>40451660
He said I should just stick to walking/ light jogging. Might try simple bw exercises next week as I feel like shit doing nothing
>>
I'm considering making a /jump/ thread, but I'll ask here before I try to suck answers out.

Why can I jump so easily off of one foot (no problem dunking) but can barely nick the rim when I jump off of two?
>>
When doing dumb bell training, say I want to train my right arm. Do I do the full sets on the left arm, then the full sets on the right arm. Or would I do a set on the left arm, then a set on the right arm?

Does it matter?
>>
every time i post pics on here i get called chad or whatever, almost everyone thinks i'm good looking and compares me to good looking actors
when it comes to tinder i can't fucking match anything attractive or not fat. or worse when attractive girls dont respond to good openers
maybe I just need to vent.
If me who seems to be above average looking cant find chicks than how the fuck do normal guys ever find someone?
>>
>>40452046
Maybe they think your a bot because you're so good looking. Post a pic, I won't be mean.
>>
File: dddddd.png (302KB, 352x539px) Image search: [Google]
dddddd.png
302KB, 352x539px
>>40452062
same one i used as my main pic for a bit
>>
>>40452046
>Elliot rogers mode
>>
>>40452086
You're above average for sure. Maybe try revamping your description.
>>
>>40452124
i get bitchy every once in awhile and snap out of it. i just go on an anime imageboard to vent then i sleep and it goes away for a month where i feel happy. i just had a shitshow of a "relationship" with a babe, couldve happened but i guess i messed up. kinda threw me into a depressive state.

>>40452135
i heard selfies are bad for tinder idk, i have pics with friends to look fun also. i just gotta fucking get over her and snap out of it i think.
>>
>>40452135
oh and thanks lol. i made a new account today with a new bio. we will see how it goes
>>
>>40452177
No problem. Can you answer my question pls >>40452000
>>
>>40452000
>>40452197
I've always done a set for one arm then a set for the other arm

never seen anyone do it another way desu
>>
>>40452228
Alright thanks
>>
scenario 1: I eat 3 large meals a day.
scenario 2: I eat 6 small meals a day.

Both scenarios are the same amount of calories. But, doesn't eating a large meal start the process of storing calories as fat? Versus eating a smaller meal where my calories are used and not stored. So my question is, can you increase fat by eating large meals less frequently versus smaller meals more frequently?
>>
File: 20170123_150410.png (1MB, 1296x729px) Image search: [Google]
20170123_150410.png
1MB, 1296x729px
>>40443485
I do it almost everyday
>>
>>40452256
Basically, you put 1000 calories of food in your stomach, your body says "hey, this is a lot of calories I only need 500 right now, I'm going to store the other 500 as fat."

And if you eat just a 500 calorie meal, your body says "hey, I can use all of these calories right now, I'm not going to store any as fat"
>>
What do people mean when they talk about gyno on /fit/
>>
>>40452307
short for gynecomastia
growth of breast tissue on males, its not fat its actual breast tissue. looks much worse than fat and can't be gotten rid of easily
>>
>>40452282
how do you explain those intermittent fasting guys who eat their whole days calories in a 2 hour window and are ripped ?
>>
>>40452282
Sounds like bro science to me
>>
>>40452343
bodily adaptation. change in gh and other hormones cause the body to keep of fat more efficiently is the idea.
>>
>>40442281
What I would do is warm up the chest muscles with a beginning exercise, relatively light. For me, I like doing the machine chest fly machine to really feel my chest working. Once I get a good amount of blood, then I start go doing some heavier chest movements (for you, dumbbell bench).
I generally also do this for my back as well. Do some light machine rowing to get my back a bit pumped and then go do some heavier work.
>>
>>40442281
Also, like a previous poster mentioned, try retracting your shoulder blades (or scapula.. look up videos on how to do this). This (in my personal experience) puts less tension on your shoulders, and moreso on your chest when pushing a weight.
>>
>>40452343
>>40452352
Sorry. That was part of the other post. Same guy
>>
>>40452352
Your body uses what it needs (for muscles, organs, functioning, etc.), and then stores the rest no?
Now, meal timing and quantity may have an effect on how this may do it, but I can probably say that it varies from person to person. Honestly, I would experiment around with both and see which one you like better.
>>
>thought I herniated my disc
>minor nerve involving, muscles in right glute and thigh would shake
>gone away
>Start talking with someone who does powerlifting
>He mentioned Spinae erector issues he had
>Realized that more matches the issues I am having
>When I saw the doctor he mentioned muscle imbalance
>Realize I probably squat more on my right leg than left

The pains primarily on my right side, about mid back off-set from the spine. Would that be more an erector issue?
>>
question about cable crossovers.

When i set it up on the highest pin do i press/cross it down while standing upright or is it better to lean over like a bent over lat raise and do my cable cross like that?

Im wondering which is better for chest cuz i already do the low to high fly for upper chest
>>
File: 1484982463871.jpg (50KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484982463871.jpg
50KB, 720x720px
i started working out in the mornings and at night to try and shape my butt up a bit. i made a shitty routine and managed some nice results after just a couple months. but since im technically a noob id like a /fit/ fag to help me come up with a better routine. so far ive been doing
>100 squats
>30 standing foreward leg lifts
>30 sideways leg lifts
>30 backwards leg lifts
twice a day. so are there any changes i can do to make it better? should i up the intensity a bit? and yes, im ignoring upper body so i dont end up like a jojo. im going for a meme build.
>>
File: 20170221_212125.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20170221_212125.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
Is this gyno?
>>
>>40453046
Could be that you have a Leg Length Discrepancy.
Do unilateral work, also stretches to find out where exactly the imbalances are.

http://startingstrength.com/article/leg-length-discrepancy
>>
>>40454641
lurk darebee.com for ideas
>>
>>40454749
seems like it
>>
How do I deal with back acne?
Just eating clean and maintaining cleanliness only goes so far for preventing of new shit popping up but scarring is evident and doesn't go away after eating a fucking apple
>>
>>40445697
Just show them the picture.
>>
>>40457217
This. If you don't want to look like an autist, find a pic of a real person.
>>
I keep twisting the same ankle when playing sports.

I wore a simple $20 ankle brace during sports, and that worked for about 6 months as far as I can tell, but the other day I twisted the ankle again with the brace on.

I'm unsure if its the fact that the brace itself is getting worn out, or if it just wasn't as great as I thought in the first place.

>Should I visit a podiatrist?
>Get a higher quality ankle brace, and if so what do you recommend?
>Exercises that will make my ankle less prone to eating shit?
>What do?
>>
>>40454641
....is the meme build trap?
>If so, keep doing what your doing.
>If not or actual woman, add push ups and mountain climbers
>>
I posted on the dead thread reee...

I'm 6', 168lb and almost 4 months into SL and I'm sick of it. I'm starting to fail reps in every session and it sucks, because I have no spotter and I hate asking for help.

SL tells you that if you fail a certain exercise rep 3 sessions in a row you have to deload; after 3 deloads you switch to 3x5, and then you go madcow, which is more or less the same shit.

At this point, and being as DYEL as I still am, I think I should be focusing on building more muscle. I won't get many strength gains being a skell, will I? Besides... fuck I want to look better.

So, questions:

1) Do you think I should go for hypertrophy and go back to strength training after a 6-12 months? Or should I stick to the SL to the very end despite being a skell?

2) If I should switch to "volume" training, can I just do the main lifts you do in SL but with less weight and more reps? Or is that not good enough and I should do other exercises with dumbbells, machines, cables etc.?

3) If I want to look good this summer (I hate to ask this, but shit...) 2 months to cut is enough? I'm around 18-20% body fat right now, and I plan to bulk for a month or two, and cut during May and June.
>>
>>40457674
stop being a spaz and learn better footwork for whatever sports you're playing
>>
>>40457747
Rugby and BJJ.

Its the same ankle every time. My footwork's fine; its a bad ankle.
>>
sup, can anyone help me out with deadlifts.
I can easily do 2 pl8ts for >10 reps but when I get to 3 pl8ts after like 2-3 reps I feel like my lower back is about to give out because of pain. Anything that I can do to properly engage/brace my core. I also feel like I overextend my low back too much.
>>
Why does scoobys calorie counter put my maintenance 600 calories above any other calculator? Is it because his one takes age into consideration? I'm 18 btw
>>
After one is done with the SS meme, what is the best program to achieve genuine aesthetics?
>>
>>40458065
PPL/PHUL depending on how many times you train per week
>>
>>40458075
Proof?
>>
>>40458461
They work.
You asked for a program, not an essay
>>
File: hero_pdt_quarter_pounder_double.png (104KB, 700x435px) Image search: [Google]
hero_pdt_quarter_pounder_double.png
104KB, 700x435px
I am 74.4 kg and 1.80 meters. I have no bodyfat problem, pic. related has 53 g. protein 43 g. carbs. 37 g. fats, will it be a problem if I ate things like these every once in a while?
>>
>>40438749
First, what do you think is wrong with us?
>>
>>40438838
Currently 5'10" and 163, but kinda fat. It's an alright weight. Depends on body comp
>>
>>40445966
Stick to this
http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/the-beginner-weight-training-workout-routine/

Too much volume for a beginner.
>>
>>40459499
Depends on what you mean by "every once in a while", shit's just unhealthy, there's a reason no doctor would recommend eating those.

>>40458042
Are you setting options to "not active" in all calculators?

>>40458013
There's a huge gap between 2 pl8ts and 3pl8ts, sounds like you're just too weak for that weight.
>>
>>40459499
>Metric System
>Must suck knowing your kin will never set foot on to another world. My sympathies. Enjoy your migrants.
>>
>>40438564
am i being a faggot for not wanting to hit the gym until im prepared well enough in terms of the food aspect?

will going to the gym without proper protein intake just be a waste of time?
>>
>>40461399
How are you preparing yourself? It's pretty simple to add some protein.
>>
>>40461429
proper measurement I guess, not so much the protein but the carbs, fats etc
>>
>>40461399
>am i being a faggot
Yes. What you're worried about isn't as important as actually going to the gym unless you have a total shit tier diet.
>>
>>40461477
Go in steps, you don't have to have a perfect diet from the start. Hit the gym, start eating protein-rich food, if you want to gain mass then eat a little more than usual, if you want to lose it then a little less. Carb/fat ratio isn't that important really.

With that for the start you can start counting calories and keep perfecting your diet. Don't overthink it from the beginning, don't be that afraid of making mistakes, you will correct them on the way.

Just hit the gym, you're just scared of making the first step.
>>
What /fit/ hobbies do you nerds do? I'm looking for something I can just go out and do on my offdays.

I tried biking, but I'm too much of a retard to make my bike not hurt me. I end up not being able to bike as far as I can fucking run.

I tried hiking, but it feels so awkward to just go out onto some trial with a big bottle of water. It's also kind of boring.

Rock climbing is too obsessed with safety, and requires a lot of gear.
>>
>>40438784

Concept 2 rowers resistance isn't based on where the lever is.

The higher the resistance the more it's like you're rowing a large boat. The wheel will spin for longer but it will be harder to move.

The lower the resistance the more it's like you're rowing a little boat. The wheel will lose it's spin faster but will be easier to get up to speed.

Where you set the resistance has more to do with your strength and weight than some 250lb person putting the thing on 10 and beasting it for 500m sprints.

Also the resistance on them things changes. You need to read the manual, there is 2 buttons you press and it lets you know the resistance. 2 machines next to eachother in the gym will have different readings on the same setting.

I have a 1996 model c and 4 is where 7 would be on a new model d.

Learning proper form is another challenge. They way I thought of it is this. You break the movement down into 4 distinct parts,

1. legs
2. transition to arms through core
3. arms
4. return

and transition them flawlessly into a constant movement. These all overlap so you're always doing 2/3 of these movements at a time while resting the muscle groups of the other which is what makes this cardio as opposed to just lifting long reps of light weights.

I just had to watch the videos over and over of great form and professional rowers until I felt the pain flow through me.

If you want more resistance from a rowing machine you just row harder, you don't adjust the thing up. Also staggering your average time starting 5-10 seconds above pace and finishing 5-10 seconds under pace works best for improving and not dying or giving up early from exhaustion.
>>
>500 surplus on lifting days
>500 deficit on rest days
Would something like this allow me to make good strength gains while gaining minimal fat?
>>
>>40461714
Kayaking. Yard work.or i love Fishing in the river. With the river you get hiking plus fishing. Or if it's warm enough wade then it's like hiking with strong resistance.
>>
>>40438564

Row for pace, not so much time. i.e. make sure you're hitting at least 250 meters a minute, rather than just saying "imma row like a faggot for 20 minutes, or whatever".
>>
>>40461714
Bouldering, no equipment needed, problem solving aspect keeps it interesting doesn't feel like you're training but it's a good workout
>>
>>40439149

Somewhat, yes. You want hard soles. Running shoes would be bad. If you're having trouble with balance, try taking your shoes off and squatting in just socks.
>>
>>40462659
>imma row like a faggot kek
>>
I'm nearing 25000 steps for the day and ran 3 miles. Should I eat a little more today. I'm cutting at 2000 cal
>>
>>40462717
No, you consider that bonus lost cals. You stick with the diet, and only add extra calories to it if you go over a 1000 cal deficit.
>>
Are rest days a meme? How many rest days are needed a week?
>>
>>40464507
Why rest days are bullshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UZzmsADjTw
>>
Nearly passed out at the gym after a not-that-hard workout on Thursday. Had worked out much harder the day before, and it was actually a pretty good workout until the end. Spent 6 hours in the ER, nothing wrong with my heart or lungs.
Took off until today, ate a little extra over the couple days, drank fluids (Urinate a lot, always clear), got 10 minutes into a warm up on arm day and almost passed out again. Eating my normal diet, normal sleep, everything's pretty normal. I got some nasal/sinus congestion spontaneously last night into today so maybe i"m a little sick, but that didn't start until then. Doesn't explain thursday. Average diet is something like cottage cheese/greek yogurt in the morning, lean protein and vegetables for lunch, and then again for dinner.Usually throw in a little bit of carbs, but not heavy (Beans in enchilada bowls this week). Take one-a-day and fish oil, nothing else. Computer-desk job. Get up and stretch often.

Muscles cramp and spasm, Feels like I"m dehydrated even though I shouldn't be, feels like deep breaths aren't pulling in enough air, chest is heavy, but my heart rate/pulse are pretty normal. Going to have to go back to the doctor again, probably to be told they don't see anything.

What the fuck is wrong with me? I just want to lift.
>>
I have a bad cold. How can I heal faster?
>>
>>40464129
Bmr is around 1800 so 25000 steps is around 1200 cal burned so says the phone not to mention the additional running and other shit. Definitely over a thousand cal deficit. I usually go over on weekends though is it OK to uhm balance it out through week instead of day to day?
>>40465162
Try blowing diet out and just bashing the shit out of food for week or 2. Sometimes this cutting thing seems to make me a little faint too.
>>
File: EVEN FURTHER BEYOND.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
EVEN FURTHER BEYOND.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>40438564

1- What's the name of that website where you put your stats in and it tells you how strong each muscle group is, from like "bellow average" to "olympian"?

2- I'm doing SS and while I'm getting stronger, I'm getting disproportionately chubby, plus my cardio system is very pooor. Can I do regular cardio on my off days? I personally preffer to swim. I like doing 4 semi-olympic laps, resting a bit and starting again. I have really shit cardio.

Thanks /fit/
>>
what does 1/2/3/4 mean?
>>
Can I use my bench bar and rack for squatting?
>>
How well do pre-workouts really work? Are they mostly a placebo? According to what I've read, the only substance with a lot of research behind them regarding physical performance appears to be creatine, caffeine and L-Citruline(converts to nitric oxide which is good for endurance)

>TL;DR: are preworkouts a meme or not
>>
>>40466233
https://symmetricstrength.com
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.