[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fatty General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 33

File: Fat Feels 6.png (32KB, 766x758px) Image search: [Google]
Fat Feels 6.png
32KB, 766x758px
Anyone else starting tomorrow?
>>
Yep

Have been eating like shit, trying to it right today but tomorrow for sure I'll start eating strictly protein and stuff

Question, does BCAA's work for weight loss if I do gym and cardio? I want to lose weight while cutting
>>
>>40434068
>Tomorrow

There's your problem
>>
>>40434082
>I want to lose weight, while losing weight

Fuck you're thick.
>>
>>40434068
starting tommorrow stands for:
starting tomorrow tomorrow.

starting tomorrow tomorrow stands for:
starting tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow

etc.
>>
>>40434068
Unless you start right fucking now you will never make it.
>>
Started in November, have lost 13kg.
Could be at goal weight already but wasted most of 2016 saying "I'll start tomorrow"

Remember that in a years time you'll wish you started today.

Aim for a week. 7 days proper diet and daily exercise. Just to start with, I find that helps me.
>>
>>40434068
Just started. I finished my first week yesterday. I kept going on diet and exercise and then would drop it after a couple months. I then fall into a self loathing beige. This time it was bad and i got 20 pounds more than i am generally.
I kept saying tomorrow was the day to start, then i didn't do shit.
Then i just went. I did it. This time was different though, I had fun working out. I seriously loved it and keep wanting more and to go back. I think i'm finally gonna get /fit/ senpaitachi
>>
>>40434068
Tomorrow is fatspeak for never.
>>
>>40434068
I've been telling myself that for the past 6 years
>>
Does BCAA have calories
>>
File: systeri.png (802KB, 1297x949px) Image search: [Google]
systeri.png
802KB, 1297x949px
I'm so fucking hungry.

>started from 130kg
>made it down to 92kg
>fell into depression and ballooned back up to 107kg because pastries are great comfort food
>dropped back down to 93kg
>fell of the wagon for a month and climbed back up to 97kg
>now I'm counting my calories like a fucking Nazi
>aiming for under 90kg before the end of April
>I want to be about 83kg somewhere in June

I guess I learned that you can't outlift or outrun a bad diet. Also, I'm hungry AF
>>
started 5 weeks ago
sometimes I think I look good
sometimes I think I lost muscle and look worse
help
>>
>>40434204
Going by common sense, they should have the same calories as protein per gram
>>
The diet is the hard part. I get confused at what i'm supposed to do here, because i always read and hear now that as long as my calories in is less than my calories out i'll burn fat, but I also read that i should keep my current calories and eat more protien instead. I'm doing a mix of both i guess
>>
fatties make me laugh
>>
>>40434417
If you are hungry you eat the wrong kinda foods, eat more low calories vegetables like carrots, celery cucumbers etc.
>>
>>40434068
Change starts today
>>
>>40434513
The latter is wrong or you've misunderstood.
To lose fat and retain as much muscle as possible you need to eat at a caloric deficit while eating a diet high in protein, you can maintain, or in some cases build, muscle while cutting if you lift weights alongside cutting.

Let's say you need 2300 calories to lose weight, then that's it, eat 2300 calories and make sure you get in about 130-180 grams of protein a day. Most people will fall into that window, however its different for everyone, these are just my cutting calories and protein goals I used.
>>
>>40434513
It is all about the calories, calculate your tdee and eat 500kcal less than that. Eating the right amount carb, protein and fat is not a priority unless you want to build muscle.
>>
>>40434558
>>40434579
that's what i'm doing, so that's good. I weighed in this morning after 5 days and already lost 6 lbs
>>
>>40434589
losing so much weight so fast means that you are probably not eating enough calories. You don't wanna lose more than 2lbs a week. Whats your weight how much kcal do you eat?
>>
I started 6 days ago tubby
>>
>>40434605
i'm trying to stay at 2000
I've had this happen before though where i cut back and i lose a shit ton at first. usually what takes me out of my diet and exercise has been moving around the country.
>>
>>40434417
listen to
>>40434539

Also, you shouldn't be hungry. If you are, eat.
Eating less calories also means your body burns less calories (and you can end in starvation mode, you don't want that).

Eating more calories will make your body burn more. Just don't overdo.

Eat frequently troughout the day to keep the cravings at bay.
The superior & solid way to lose weight is to eat your maintenance calories, or even a bit more, and create a calorie deficit with exercising.

I've lost 20kg in 2016, im at 15% BF atm.
>>
File: 1418778921470.jpg (28KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1418778921470.jpg
28KB, 600x450px
>weighed in at 191 2 days ago
>185 is my "normal weight" for BMI

i know BMI is kinda bull, and that i'll still have plenty of fat to lose, but not being overweight for once in my adult life is gonna be such a good personal milestone

before march, i know it
>>
>>40434625
I want to add that the change in my diet has made me less hungry in general. I really couldn't eat much more if i tried
>>
>>40434625
>>40434634
yeah in the first week you often lose a lot of water. However you should keep an eye on it, if you still lose so much next week you should increase kcal.
>>
>>40434068
Eat since 3 maybe soon 4 month about 1,3-1,5kcal a day + dont eat too much sugar (max 5g/100g) and went from 120kg to 98kg

3 months more and i got my 80kg :^)
>>
>>40434665
What would you recommend I consume to increase it?
>>
>>40434682
assuming you eat normal meals, you can just increase portion sizes
>>
Should I try IF?

I was thinking on going to the gym before work/taking some BCAAs/ and then stop eating after lunch. Good idea/bad idea?
>>
>>40434768

i adore it, it's made keeping a deficit real easy

first week was hard as balls, especially if you have a physical job. now i barely even think about it
>>
>>40434068
Please actually start and not just rationalize why it's ok to be a disgrace to humanity. Your ancestors didn't bleed so you could sit on your fat ass eating Ruffles. Please treat yourself with some respect and make the LIFELONG commitment to changing your lifestyle. You can make it if you decide it's important enough.

>>40434082
Yeah BCAAs will help you keep strength while cutting. Such a small amount of strength you are unlikely to notice any benefit unless your diet is lacking in proteins. Save your money and spend it on ECA.
>>
>>40434539
>>40434626
I thought I should be at least slightly hungry?
>>
>>40434768
>>40434792

wait i didn't read

>stop eating after lunch

no no no you eat everything in the afternoon. that's when you want to relax and feel saited. you can exercise fasted just fine, you get used to it

also why are you so obsessed with these "BCAAs"? protein powder is food, it's just a really efficient food for getting enough lean protein. no different to eating lots of turkey or eggs whites
>>
>>40434823

nvm i though BCAA was a whey brand

but yeah having your eating slot on IF in the morning is a bad idea
>>
>>40434809
not if you are eating healthy, if all you eat is junkfood you will be hungry af.
>>
>>40434809
I was never hungry in my journey to lose 20+ kg,
Eating low calorie will work in the short run, but will never do in the long run. you WILL get hungry and quit sooner or later.

Have a cheat meal once a week and go easy on yourself. Exercise has to become a habitual thing you do every day or two, like mowing the lawn or taking out the trash.
>>
>>40434068
You never start anything tomorrow. You start it right away.
If you are doing something you can't interrupt, you shouldn't even be thinking about something else.
If it's too late and you should sleep beforehand, you should already be sleeping.
If it's neither of thoses you should start NOW
>>
>>40434111

i mean .. u tried .. i guess?
>>
>>40434809

Yeah, look one of these guys is already talkin about starvation mode they dunno wtf they're talking about.

If you are in deficit you will go to sleep hungry, that's just life.
>>
>>40434939
Looks like you don't know tf you're talking about.
>>
>>40434950

Just quiet down, people like you fuck people up because you know just enough to be dangerous, but not enough to actually be useful.
>>
>>40434151
Similar progress here.
Started at 86kg mid November, currently at 72kg.
I still eat and drink whatever I want when I'm out with friends but now well over 95% of my meals are clean.
The exercise didn't really help me lose weight but but rather retain muscle, it was also a great mental boost.
>>
>>40434967
I probably fucked myself up losing shitloads of pounds past year, I'm sharing my experience.
>>
Pretty fat, 220lb at 6'1". Started working out today, been off of sodas for a long time. Feels nice that "tomorrow" finally came.
>>
Anyone else losing weight in kind of a sloping sinusoid pattern? I always measure on saturdays after a morning shit, and it looks something like this:
week 1: 81.2kg
week 2: 79.5kg
week 3: 80.5kg
week 4: 78.7kg
It's kinda disheartening, makes me think I stalled or rebounded even though I'm not doing anything different and I sure as fuck stay under maintenance.
>>
>>40435002

Yeah, and I've at times had my cuts fucked up by people like you when I was starting out.

Cunts who talked about starvation mode, refeeds, and hormones who ended up being full of shit and caused me to waste time.

Years later, now I really don't like any cunt who is obviously a beginner themselves offering advice.
>>
Fell off hard this weekend. Beer, cheese fries, buttered popcorn, burger. Just have to get back on that horse.
>>
>>40435025
Are you close to your goal weight?
Are you lifting weights?
>>
>>40434768
Why are you so obsessed with BCAA's? Just work out man, worry about supplements later when you can actually tell what fine-tuning your diet does to your performance. Right now you're asking about fuel additives for your 1999 civic. There are far bigger things to worry about now
>>
>>40434068
I actualy I started today. Been on Prednisolone since november, and I've falled out of everything and gained around 10kg. Started back on the keto diet and went to the gym today. Feels great!
>>
Start today, i started at 339 pounds and im at 236 now. If i can do it any of you can.
>>
File: th[1].jpg (4KB, 159x89px) Image search: [Google]
th[1].jpg
4KB, 159x89px
>tfw you reached the point where your arms and face are skinny enough to look ok in a shirt and people around you say that you dont need to lose more weight

>still have to cut for a few more months because you're over 20% bf, with a pudgy belly, and can't even bulk with a 250 cal surplus because of shitty calorie partitioning
>>
What's the most reliable way to measure body fat without breaking my wallet?
>>
>>40435102
skinfold caliper($15) and use scooby's bodyfat % calculator with the measurements you get.
>>
>>40435069
I don't have a goal weight, just a goal shape. I'm 183cm so theoretically I'm in the healthy BMI range already, but my gut still sticks out further than my chest.
I'm doing pushups and chinups + cardio.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-18-15-00-46.png (218KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-18-15-00-46.png
218KB, 1080x1920px
>tomorrow
>>
>>40435131
well you just explained it yourself, because you are in the healthy weight range losing more weight will take significantly longer.
>>
>>40434068
Nah, I started earlier this week. Feels good man. I think deciding to do it is harder than actually starting. From there it gets better so it's good after that.
>>
>>40434626
'Starvation mode'

Back to tumblr, fatso
>>
>>40435251
This
>>
File: 1410829577634.jpg (136KB, 940x767px) Image search: [Google]
1410829577634.jpg
136KB, 940x767px
I lost 100 pounds since last January, and today is the first day I considered going off my diet and back to being a fatty.

I need to lose more weight, but at the end of the day I'm still short, bald, have a tiny dick, and severe crippling autism. There's no "making it" for me in this life.
>>
>>40434633
Damn, dude you're exactly at where I was about three months ago. Good job.
>>
>I'm trying to start tonight

Basically a fatty here with a former background in nutrition and fitness. Went to school for kinesiology, never finished it and went into another profession which has slowly sucked me in, and spit me out. I'm trying to get back to who I used to be and even if it means selling myself out. I don't care anymore, I want to be the old person I used to be. Never change for other people, to be shaped in an image they set for you, I ended up becoming a corporate whore but didn't continue to lift weights, eat right or enjoy my downtime.
>>
>tfw weighed in at 163
>started at 210

Why do you lazy fuckers think this is hard?
>>
I started losing weight at the beginning of the year
at the start i weighed 274lbs and now I'm down to 267lbs
how do i lose fat faster
im eating healthy
i go to the gym 3 times a week
and i do 3 miles on my treadmill every day
>>
>>40435583
>Some of us have emotional issues and can't control the eating
>Bad day at work, yea maybe this pint of ice cream will help
>hour later, plate of rice, with chicken
>10 min later, fuck it more rice
>middle of the night, fuck i have left over chicken in the fridge, might as well finish it up
>breakfast, footlong sub from the store
>repeat
>>
>>40435521

how tall are you? where you at now?
>>
>>40434068
Tfw started 110kgs and went down to 73kgs and then bulked up to 86kgs. We're all gonna make it bros.
>>
>>40434068
I'm not starting tomorrow I am just continuing tomorrow

It's just as hard though
>>
>>40434151
Taking it day by day and week by week really does help

Consistency truly is key
>>
>>40434196
True
>>
>>40434068
I have been cutting for exactly 2 weeks today. It's kind of tiring at times but the thing that keeps me going is that I know the only reason I stuffed my face was to distract myself from life. Now, instead of sugar and sugar, I drink coffee and smoke.
>>
File: 9082.png (59KB, 298x454px) Image search: [Google]
9082.png
59KB, 298x454px
I was doing some nice progress, got down to 88 kg from over 120 but fucked up and now I'm back at 100, I know I shouldn't be eating but it's become visceral after something fucked up my head in the last few months and I found myself with a deficit of dopamine that only food could fill.

Sometimes I find myself with things I'd like to do and enjoy but for some reason I can't feel like enjoying them unless I get myself some trash food first., what the shit.
>>
Started again last month. Managed to drop 40 pounds early last year by keeping a vague calorie count and at least jogging every day, only took a few months. But people like to bring in sweets at my new job and my impulse control is shit. Luckily I've just been maintaining and haven't ballooned back up.

[spoiler]coming back here and reading fat hate threads has helped me keep motivated[/spoiler]
>>
>>40435598
assuming you are not morbidly obese this is an acceptable rate of weightloss. Are you weighing your food and counting your calories? What is your tdee how much kcal do you eat?
>>
>>40434151
>>40435634
this

I am only two weeks in, but the slight differences that I have noticed just from not having a bloated gut and slightly more defined shoulders from the gym make me happy to look in the mirror again
>>
>>40434068

Nope I already started yesterday friend and lost 60kg. My life is now better and getting laid is too easy.

Get on that change asap mate.
>>
>>40435025
>I always measure on saturdays after a morning shit, and it looks something like this

Same bro

But in terms of the stalling thing I wouldn't worry too much about the week to week loss and look month to month thats where you'll see the most progress.
>>
>>40435158
What happened in November? The holidays?
>>
>>40435583
Congratulations on your progress man!

But honestly >>40435600 is right and you need to understand not everyone is as great as you are and some of us developed unhealthy habits while growing up and have to actively unlearn them and then learn good habits so its a lot of work both internally in addition to externally
>>
>>40435795
Yeah I am a month in about 10 lbs lost and if I didn't take it day by day I would've completely given up already

The weekly weigh ins really help too because if you had a good week you'll see progress that keeps you motivated but if you had a bad week you see how it negatively affects your goals and thus motivation lol
>>
>>40435845
Yeah, plus a death in the family right before Christmas. Shit month, but bounced back just fine
>>
>starting tomorrow
>you will never make it
>tomorrow is never here
>>
Am i the only one for laughed at the "Who here starting tomorrow?", meme for like an hour? I'm still laughing.
>>
I have so many problems I don't know where to start.
So first things first. I'm 18, 184 cm tall and weigh about 107 kg now. I don't look too obese but not pretty either..

Everytime i tried to lose weight I sustained for maximum a week and then fell back into old habits of drinking ice tea and chips. My family is no help either as they always buy sweets for me even though I tell them to stop.
Additionally I feel I don't have the time to prepare so many meals cause I'm a student and schools pretty hard here in bavaria (or is that just an excuse I tell myself)

And lastly I eat like a harvester. I just can't fuckin stop. If we have for e.g. Spaghetti and I eat a whole big bowl one hour later I could eat the same amount. There are only rare occasions where I'm totally satisfied.. I don't know if it's hunger or appetite though I can't tell it apart anymore. Is there some snack I could eat throughout the day which isn't really high in calories and works like the good ol "bag of chips"?
I just love snacking I guess

Well that's about it. I'd love to hear advice from you. My goal is to hit 90KG at first. I just don't want to be fat anymore but I'm too stupid to have some fuckin discipline.
>>
File: feels transparent.jpg (4KB, 150x131px) Image search: [Google]
feels transparent.jpg
4KB, 150x131px
>>40434068
>not starting yesterday
>>
>>40435989
Yeah I can see that you got back right on it

But honestly congrats man you've lost a ton of weight you should be super proud. Whats life like now?
>>
I started two weeks ago. Lost 2.5 kilograms so far. Still 57 kgs to lose.

Godspeed everyone.
>>
>>40436075
Get some self control, first of all.

Secondly, meal prep takes me like MAX 2 hours on Sundays but typically way less than that so thats no excuse

Thirdly, if you're a snacker but some healthy low-calorie snacks like carrots or peanuts.

But overall you need to work on your will-power otherwise you're never going to make it
>>
>>40434068

don't post this

don't go into CBTs

don't talk about your 5lbs of weight loss

just fucking do it and report back with progress
>>
>>40436151
l>ow-calorie snacks
>peanuts
pick one
>>
>>40436151
Is there some way to "train" will power? I am just a self loathing asshole. I think of snacks as a way to treat myself although I didn't do anything good.

Is there anything I can do?
>>
File: 1342436849103.png (14KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1342436849103.png
14KB, 320x320px
I was 245 5'8 in August.

Now I'm 200 today.

Until about a month ago I was dieting only, now I'm walking 5+ miles every day. If I feel too sore to walk, then I lift weights, but I'm mostly focused on cardio atm.

I'm going to make it bro, I can feel it.
>>
>>40436221

Keep it up!
>>
>>40436189
They're filling so a handful keeps me full for a while
>>
>>40436197
No you just realize that food isn't the answer and stop relying on it to make you feel better about yourself.
>>
>>40436184
As a /fatty/ I agree with this. There's no problem with fatty general threads but don't post shit that makes it seem like all the fatties here haven't been working towards losing weight for months now.
>>
>>40436240
There is no person in the world that stops at a handful.
>>
>>40436253
Alright I'll try this..
So if meal preparation isn't that hard. Where do I start at best? Do you prepare for a whole week?
Do you just eat rice and chicken everytime?
>>
>>40435600
>>40435886
I learned to eat my feelings too. I actually had to work in extra calorie room in case i had a bad day. I normally do pretty good though. I think when i move out after college i'll be doing vastly better
>>
>>40436075
Fellow bavarian, sup.

You sound like me half a year ago, always "hungry" (turned out to be appetite), always snacking trash, drinking high calorie shit.

You gotta fix your relationship to food. Try to prepare everything you eat yourself, weigh it to the gram and count your calories. Cooking doesn't take that long, you can make a shitton of healthy meals within like 10-20 minutes.

After doing that for 1-2 months I developed a good feeling for food, what and how much I should eat and I could roughly estimate calories of stuff I didn't prepare. And after calorie restricting for a couple of weeks you learn the difference between appetite and hunger.

From that point on it gets easier from day to day, until you don't even have to think about your diet anymore .
>>
File: ((((.jpg (110KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
((((.jpg
110KB, 640x640px
>>40434068
>Not starting now
there is tons of workouts you can do at home get up you fat fuck
>>
>>40436253
this

For me it was the realization that I had been eating so often and without any limits that when I sat down for a home cooked meal the taste seemed bland. I do not want to hate myself anymore and minding what I eat and by extension caring about my body is one step in doing that.
>>
DO NOT DO IT

Listen to me man its not fucking worthy. Youre too far gone, with full commitment ir will take you like a year and a half, and by the end you will have even more stretch marks and tons of loose skin.

You will not be any happier. Food is what makes you happy, food is the only thing you look forward to every single day, why the hell are you taking this pleasure out of your life?

Do not do it, listen to me: do not do it. You will have nothing in your life to smile about it.
>>
>>40436488
kill yourself
>>
File: 20 - mmN3A8G.gif (14KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
20 - mmN3A8G.gif
14KB, 633x758px
I'm fat and cool with it. Just lol at you gymrats working your assess off doing a pointless activity to get attention from normies while I'm stuffing my face and loving life.
>>
>>40436488
you have to go back
>>
File: healthy-foods-for-cravings.png (627KB, 538x1024px) Image search: [Google]
healthy-foods-for-cravings.png
627KB, 538x1024px
>>40435658
you can try to find other foods that satisfy the cravings
for example i can kill my hunger for fast food with a slices dark whole grain bread heavily toasted, and horseradish and a thin piece of smoked salmon. rub the toasted bread with a tone of garlic and the dip the bread into herb curd cheese / Herb quark. far away from perfect but its far less cal than to fail and eat a burger / meal.
>>
>>40436416
I have my own kitchen atleast, even a refrigerator so I guess preparing could very well be an option!
I don't know what though. Is there any website where I can look up receipts for a week or so? I have no problems with spending money on it myself so I'd buy groceries for a whole week.
>>
>stop counting calories because of stress (185lbs)
>month off
>pizza every couple of days
>start eating healthy again
>buy scale next day
>lost 5 lbs
>check next day lost 1 more
>check next next day, 10 lbs less than when I stopped. (175lbs)
what does my body mean by this
>>
>>40434068
Mental Commitment -> Emotional commitment -> Physical commitment.

You're not even at step one. Get there and get real about what you want.
>>
>>40436559
Not that anon, but that seriously kills your craving? I'm gonna save that and try that. Normally i just work in the occasional bad thing but if im not careful i get addicted
>>
>>40434068

When I decided to lose weight, there was none of this tomorrow shit. I got up and went and empty all the nasty shit in my fridge and cupboards. Went and bought healthy food and a gym membership. That was ten months ago, I have already went from 380, now down to 291.

You're not gonna get no where with that "I'll start tomorrow" attitude.
>>
>>40436286
Well I can assure you that you're wrong
>>
>>40436504
>>40436536

You people have no idea how it is to have only food as a good thing in your day
>>
>>40436416
other german here
what worked for me was to replace my convenience food with healthy stuff. i put vegetables ready to eat in a airtight tupperbox next to my workstation. Stuff like Karotten, radieschen, kohlrabi, gurke, chinakohl, paprika. then i would snack on them instead of chips, because i didn't need to get up to check what's in the fridge or pantry. it doesn't stop you completely from eating but at least it is far far less cal per 100g. important was to prepare it before the hunger came so i would not be tempted to prepare something else.
>>
>>40436654
Then find something else. You're telling me you cant find anything else that brings you joy? A book? a tv show? fucking anything?

What a crock of shit, m8. Ignoring all that, there are a lot of former fatties on this board, myself included. Shitty attitudes like that are what keep you down, not the food. You are the problem, not the food. You.

Holy fuck, I've probably just took some bait, so well done, I'm mad.
>>
>>40436294
I make food for the whole week yes

I don't eat a lot of carbs (rice, pasta, bread) but I do make a bean salad in bulk, grill some chicken, and roast some vegetables.

That usually holds me for a week and I also supplement that with spinach and eggs
>>
>>40436669
Good advice! I generally like vegetables. There are just a few exotic ones I can't eat because of allergies. But I'll try to replace chips witch carrots and cucumbers.

Admittedly there are 2 bags in my cupboard right now. Shall I throw them away now?
>>
>>40436299
>I think when i move out after college i'll be doing vastly better

I didn't start really being able to commit until I moved away from home and had the structure of college. Why can't you do it at college?
>>
>>40436693
Are there any websites with receipts I can cook which don't take loads of time? If you cook chicken and keep it in the refrigerator, how long can it be okay before expiring
>>
>>40434082
BCAA's are used to synthesize proteins in cells so unless if you're on a protein deficet ( which you shouldn't be) then no.
>>
>>40436563
fddb.info has a recipe search engine, just enter a (main) ingredient you want to eat and it gives you a decent amount of recipes with calorie and nutrient count.

fddb.info is your best friend when it comes to calorie counting.

>>40436695
>Admittedly there are 2 bags in my cupboard right now. Shall I throw them away now?
Yes. If you don't start now you'll always say tomorrow.
>>
>>40436654
Food was never a good thing. It was like shackles that kept me from being who i wanted to be and the depression would then make me turn around and eat even more.
You can fuck right off you cuck
>>
File: 1228523086175.jpg (30KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1228523086175.jpg
30KB, 604x453px
>>40435600
>how do I greentext
>>
>>40436654
Just listen to yourself,you sound like a drug addict
>>
>>40436465
I wasn't even eating and enjoying it anymore I was just forcing myself to eat as fast and as much as possible and then sometimes I would purge too

It was when I realized how unhappy I was in every aspect of my life that I needed to get my shit together.

Last semester I spent the entire time trying to like improve my grades and study skills and this semester I am focusing on health. I think I am going to make it :')
>>
>>40436709
I live at home with a single mother in her mid 50s

I'm the youngest in my family and my mother grew up in a time where she was looked down by her mother and father for going to higher education, now she has a shit ton of student debt even today because she had no support system. She really wants me and my brothers to have better lives than her so she paid for what ever was needed to get us going in life. Both my brothers got /fit/ as fuck shortly after moving away, i just live next to a gym and state park now so i'm trying as hard as I can
>>
>>40436197
You are not a dog to expect treats as reward. That's so degrading, do you see that?

Use something else as a reward for starting and keeping a good diet and fitness routine. Books, music, games, practically anything but edible items.

Change your thinking, earn back your self-respect. Food is fuel and you are made out of what you eat. So start eating healthy things that nourish your body.
>>
Last time I tried losing weight, i never saw this gen. can we keep /fatgen/ going? It makes me feel a lot better and more motivated.
>>
>>40436695

>Admittedly there are 2 bags in my cupboard right now. Shall I throw them away now?

Think of it this way.

If you were trying to quit smoking, would you keep carton of cigarettes in your ktichen?

Chuck em.

If you break down and buy more, get ahold of yourself and throw those away too.

Don't feel bad about "wasting" food, thats mornonic. Chips, cakes etc... are empty piles of potatoes and sugar.
>>
>>40436569
Same thing happened to me a few years back when I did Insanity. I think it has something to do with metabolism? I finished Insanity but for like a month afterwards I continued to lose weight with no effort
>>
>>40436589
Explain
>>
>>40436629
yeah it's kind of strange, maybe it is more about appetite? i would guess it comes from the strong tastes / flavors. Or its also a bit of a bait and switch where i eat a tiny piece of god like toasted bread but also a pile of curd cheese / Herb quark which is high on protons and low cal.
really hard and chewy homemade chicken/turkey jerky works for me as well. but it's not a 100% solution some days the struggle is really hard.
>>
>>40436569

Congrats, it sounds like you learned new habits. Now keep it up.
>>
>>40434579
This, so much. If fatties did just this one simple thing and nothing else, they would lose. Why do they complicate it?
>>
>>40436637
I second this
>>
>>40436792
>>40436781
>>40436720

Thank you guys so much! I'll really try this time. I don't want to be a fat fuck anymore, I don't need to be Arnold Schwarzenegger but I never want to look like the current me either.
Have a wonderful day !
>>
>>40436804
It's a dependency chain.

You need to make a mental commitment first, then get emotionally invested in it. Only then will you actually follow through with the physical actions.
>>
>>40436712
I found a few Youtube channels I liked and worked from there. I think it was like BrothersGreen or something like that? Not all of there stuff is healthy but they have a lot of helpful videos about meal prep and buying on a budget!

Also 4-5 days I would say
>>
Yes.

I was one of those fit guys that got hit by depression hard.

I replaced all of my gains with fat and am sitting at 205lbs. I was 205 at 8%.

I always thought people who ate because of depression were lazy and just didnt care. Now I know that it has a lot to do with not being able to think clearly.

I landed a good job after searching for 2 and a half years. Finally a career. Depression is lifting slowly. Daily. I dont wake up too exhausted to move anymore.

I've started bodyweight exercises and deadlifts ohp and cleans again. Seeing the loss of strength is sad. Over 100lbs weaker on my clean.
>>
File: yeaher.jpg (32KB, 357x400px) Image search: [Google]
yeaher.jpg
32KB, 357x400px
>>40434633
I know that feel bro.

Started out solidly "obese" two years ago, down to a solid "normal" BMI now.

Feels good man. Feels real good.
>>
>>40436773
Oh okay I didn't realize you lived at home. Living at home sucks because you can't control the flow of food into the house. Good luck man!
>>
>>40436695
the real fight is in the supermarket. you can't eat what you do not buy. and to be strong for 20 min while shopping is better than to be strong for days on end when the chips are just meters away.

also eat/drink a lot before going shopping, it's suffering to go on a hungry stomach. again and again i have bought trash in the past because my hunger bargained for a cheat day.
>>
>>40434068
Start today fucker. And dont get discouraged been doing for a year with no gains but keep at it you fat fuck
>>
>>40436790
I agree this is a pretty recent gen and I find it really helpful. OP started the thread off on a kind of bad note using the "tomorrow" meme but I think there are a lot of fattys really trying to change on this board
>>
guys i've been counting calories for the past week(used to eat 2250-2500ish, now 1500-1600), and my friend told me i was cutting too drastically. he suggested that i should just cut 100 calories from my diet every time i "plateau", otherwise i'll plateau at 1500 and have to cut even lower which will suck
>>
>>40436916
oops forgot to ask, is he correct?
>>
>>40436824
How does one get emotionally invested in it? I have made a mental commitment I think
>>
>>40434068
I started Tuesday, I've been doing great, I feel great, my sense of time is very decent. I'm focused on what I'll look like in one year. I know I can lose 50 lbs or more in a year and look great, I'm not worried about losing quickly. Doing what I have to do to not disappoint myself and therefore quit.
>>
>>40436916
If you're a guy then yes. I think this is why I used to struggle with weight loss. I started cutting way too low. Not doing that this time.
>>
>>40436867
Keep it up! Depression is a bitch I think I am coming out of a long one and I feel so much more clear headed its amazing
>>
>>40436942
>I have made a mental commitment I think

You haven't. That means being 100% sure you want to go through with it.

>How does one get emotionally invested in it?

You have to really want it. You don't right now. You're posting on a Mongolian cheese fishing board complaining about the lack of starting your /fit/ness. That means you haven't really decided if your own health and fitness is more emotionally satisfying than you staying a fat fuck. Think about that.

All you're doing right now is wallowing. Decide on what you really want, go for it, and do it.
>>
>>40436916
Plateaus stop from alone, no need to increase your deficit
>>
>>40436899
This is good advice

Also make a list and only buy whats on the list. If you go to the store with not a clear idea of what you need you'll end up straying and buying shit
>>
>>40436221
godspeed anon, wishin you the best
>>
>>40436944
>I'm not worried about losing quickly
That's half the battle desu I still struggle with that I just wanna be thin already but I know its gonna take months and possibly years
>>
>>40436221
Take pictures man.

I WISH I had a shirtless picture of me when I was obese just so I could see how far I have come.

Numbers in a spreadsheet just don't have the same impact.

If you have the means start swimming. That was my X factor that got me really moving.

Just get a pair of goggles and a waterproof MP3 player and fuck around in the water until you are exhausted. Just being in water burns a good amount of calories from your body trying to produce more heat.
>>
>>40436709
College is different for everyone. I got in great shape when I wasn't working and only going to school, but once I tried to balance my 40 hr/wk internship alongside school (during my most difficult years), I ballooned up 30 lbs.

Although, now that I've finished school and am only working, I'm already down 20 lbs.

Circumstances can definitely affect your health - eating healthy should be treated like a side-job and it's difficult to prioritize that when you already have a lot on your plate.
>>
>>40436916

Your friend is a fucking retard.

How many calories you need is a function of your body weight, body composition and activity level.

Muscle takes more calories to maintain than fat.
More mass takes more calories to maintain than less.
And the larger you are the more calories you burn with each movement, because there is more of you to move.

The reason people plateau is that they've lost weight, which drives down their required energy. It has nothing to do with the rate at which you lose weight initially.

Also, a lot of people think they have plateaued when they haven't. Sometimes you'll just retain more water than normal for 2 weeks for unknown reasons.

If you're eating 1500 calories a day, you will lose weight. Bottom line. Regardless, you should calculate your TDE (Total daily expenditure) and then eat 500 to 1000 calories less than it (Depending on the rate you want to go, some people can do 1000, others feel better at 500). Then, every couple of months, recalculate.

The best thing you can do to avoid plateuing is to engage in moderate exercise. This will help preserve your muscles and send the signal to your body that it should use the fat for energy, because you still need the muscles. If you're really overweight, then you can actually build muscle at a calorie deficit because of how insulin resistant you've become. If you conserve muscle, then your TDE will be higher, because as I've already said muscle takes more calories to maintain than fat.

Also be sure to eat a high protein diet, that'll also encourage your body to preserve muscle over fat.

Metabolism is a A LOT simpler than most people claim. There isn't a starvation mode and there isn't some magical way to trick your body. We've evolved for thousands of years to be efficient with how much energy we need.
>>
>>40436971
I am 100% sure I don't want to be a fat fuck anymore and that I want to be happy and healthy

I'm not the poster who was wallowing I just replied to your post because I thought it was interesting. I have been pretty consistent for the past month and actually went to the gym today lol but I found your dependency chain thing interesting and wanted to know more
>>
>>40436958
Happy to hear.

I dropped from 235 to 193 and now back to 205. I'm going to do it for real this time.

I miss being swole
>>
I would if someone could give me a fucking program that doesn't require equipment or running(124kg), give me a big number of exercises, sets etc to do daily every morning and I ll be happy
>>
File: autism chart.jpg (46KB, 764x492px) Image search: [Google]
autism chart.jpg
46KB, 764x492px
>>40434417
My weight should be between 90 and 100kg

watchu think of my rollercoaster chart? before age 18 I was fat as well but I can't remember the figures
>>
>>40437057
This. I held back a ton of my weight loss progress by falling for the "500 under TDEE" meme and wondering why I wasn't losing any weight eating 2k calories a day (6'3" tall). Been eating roughly 1500 a day and guaranteed lose 2 lbs a week at a minimum now, and feel fine. Those calculators are HEAVILY exaggerated if you are a dyel fatty that sits in a computer chair for a living
>>
Started four years ago, and never looked back.
>>
>>40437093

>124kg

Okay bud here is your program.

Everyday you're going to go outside and you're going to walk.

You're going to walk until you don't think you can walk anymore.

Then everyday you're going to walk a little further.

Who says you need to run? Losing weight is literally just eating less and moving more. You eat less and your move more, then you'll lose weight. You don't need a program. You need to start moving more and eating less.
>>
File: mosaic.png (50KB, 318x308px) Image search: [Google]
mosaic.png
50KB, 318x308px
>>40437117
>held back a ton of progress
so you knew you weren't losing weight but kept eating the same amount of food anyway? kek
>>
File: IMG_0496.jpg (174KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0496.jpg
174KB, 1200x675px
>>40434109
Anon, I am proud of being T H I C C
>>
>>40437057
that makes a lot of sense. thanks for taking the time to type all of that out, it really helped.
>>
>>40437093
Google body weight exercises and calisthenics. Plenty you can do with no equipment that isn't running. Build your program around what you can do. Soon you can do more.

Also dieting helps the most of all, so #1 is "fork-lowering pose", repeat many many times.
>>
>>40437093
I'm guessing you're fat. The solution is: eat about half as much as you're currently eating, and hold yourself accountable to 1 simple exercise a day (walking, 100 push up challenge, some shit like that). Eventually though if you want to get aesthetic, you have to go to a gym with free weights.
>>
>>40437132
The issue is I don't have enough time to walk, I can walk for hour while watching stuff, I can't waste hours though outside.
>>
>>40434068
> been steadily losing weight
> Lost 30kg so far
> Yesterday finally meet up with a friend I haven't seen in years(bastard moved to germany)
> ate and drank a lot of bullshit
> Feel immense guilt at the moment

How do I fight this feel? I feel like I betrayed myself ;_;
>>
>>40437186
take the good with the bad. everyone makes mistakes. hit the gym even harder to make up for it next time youre in
>>
If you're really starting from zero in a new world take tonight to plan your meals and exercise for tomorrow. If you fail tomorrow go back and read the sticky because even 800lb people can follow a lifestyle change for one day.
>>
>>40437167
>I'm guessing you're fat.

>opens fatty general
>"i wonder if the people in here are fat?"
>>
>>40437117

Yup, a TDE that doesn't take body composition into account is worthless at best and actively harmful at worst.

If you want a (reasonably) accurate TDE, then get one of those body composition scales and then calculate based on that.

Realistically, most people are going to undercalculate the number of calories you eat anyways. Nutrition information is on average 10 to 15% lower than it actually is.
>>
>>40437167
Well duh, I just need a program of exercises I can do.

Pushups aren't really a viable option since I doubt I can even do one correct push-up in my current shape, so I need exercises that I can do, vertical push-ups looks manageable, squats etc, but I only knew few exercises and have no goal,
Would doing a hundred vertical push-ups each day work
I feel like I need a number of different exercises with specific numbers and sets so I can drive to that goal and focus on doing all that even if it takes one or two hours a day

>>40437164
An issue is I don't know how to build a program, I can find a number of exercises I can do but I got no idea how many times I should do each and how many sets etc

If I have a list isn't numbers I can work with that
>>
>>40437186
The key to not getting discouraged by a mistake is to recognize that one meal means nothing over a lifetime of choices you will make. You have to do this without making the mistake 10000x in a row like most fatties do though....
>>
>>40437186
Don't feel too guilty about it. It seemed like it was a special occasion so its not like you just binged for no reason

Just recommit yourself
>>
File: praise kek.jpg (144KB, 432x504px) Image search: [Google]
praise kek.jpg
144KB, 432x504px
>>40437186
Remember, you are a gluttonousaholic. You must abstain from pigging out completely or you will fall back into your old habits. Accept that you have a problem, accept that there is a higher power (praise kek) and surrender yourself to him.

Now give me 10 pushups and 5 (five) praise keks.
>>
>>40437201
Yeah. I guess. It's just that i have been very strict about what I eat since I started, and even on cheat meals I counted calories and such. But yesterday was just dumb.

Tomorrow is leg day at the gym. Gonna squat like a madman.
>>
>>40437234
>posts drumpf
Oh look a brain dead religious zombie
>>
>>40435158
Congrats anon, nice work. Keep at it!
>>
>>40437174

I'm going to be brutally honest man. You're making excuses.

You eat less and you move more. There is no workout plan is the world that is a silver bullet. In fact, you're not going to lose weight just from working out either. You really do also need to diet.

I don't know your life. I don't know your schedule. I really really doubt that you couldn't find 30 minutes to a hour each day to take a walk.
>>
>>40437230
True. It was one bad mistake in a now hopefully better and healthier life

>>40437232
Yeah, it was especially crazy since my buddy buffed up nicely himself(so proud of him) and even he pigged out yesterday. Not an excuse, but still.
>>
>>40437234
> kuk meme
Go back to /pol/ faggot.
>>
>>40437141
yeah, i didn't want to be (((UNHEALTHY)))
>>
>>40437263
>implying an hour of walk is as good as lifting
>>
File: trump bicycle.jpg (842KB, 2560x3764px) Image search: [Google]
trump bicycle.jpg
842KB, 2560x3764px
>>40437253
>>40437273
gee golly I better stop praisekekposting now that I've read your remarks

>>40437277
glad you're sane again
>>
File: C4zML3fWEAE4RPb.jpg (58KB, 636x450px) Image search: [Google]
C4zML3fWEAE4RPb.jpg
58KB, 636x450px
>>40437290
>sane
>brain dead zombies
Well maybe not having a brain is sane for you
>>
>>40437284

Weight lifting doesn't actually burn many calories. It builds muscle, which increase metabolism, but you won't build as much in a deficit anyways.

Regardless, exercise should only be like 30% of your total deficit anyways. Diet is far more important to losing weight.
>>
>>40437225
>not going to make it
You sound like you're going to "i can't... i can't" yourself out of a healthy lifestyle. You need mental gains more than anything brother
>>
>>40434068
>3 weeks into weight loss
>want to lift but want to lose substantial weight first
>been walking 3.5 miles every night
>push ups everyday, up to 20
>officially cut soda as of last thursday
>900-1000 daily calorie intake
>lost 10 pounds so far

230lbs as is, want to drop to 150. We're gonna make it bros.
>>
I'm already cutting but I'm going to attempt to go to the gym tomorrow before work. Very excited to be back on the ball
>>
>>40437001
before-and-after-picturesdottumblrdotcom

fix the link. Looking at this blog, it really opened my eyes. Seeing that much of these people took a year or more to lose their weight really grounded me. Idk if people used to lie, but years ago it seemed like EVERYONE on the blog lost drastic amounts of weight in 6 months or less.
>>
>>40437186
About to make this same mistake
>doing keto
>old smoking buddy I haven't seen in years is going to bring over brownies
>I want to eat the brownies
>It will prematurely kill my keto 5 days before I had planned to go off
>those 5 days will not be long enough to get back on
>next weekend is my birthday and I'll be off
I've lost 80lbs so far
>>
down 10kg since mid December some time.
got maybe 15kg to go.
We're all going to make it bro's.
remember it's millions of tiny small decisions that result in weightloss, don't do it all at once slowly cut back and resist cravings.
>>
I'm tired until I am driving to work and I'm tired by the time I am heading home.

Caffeine makes me sick because hashimotos.

RIP.
>>
>>40437497
Wait five days before brownie consumption
>>
>>40437526
my buddy will only be in town until tomorrow, I wish that was an option but I'm pretty much stuck at "don't eat it" or "fuck up" and I think I'd rather eat it
>>
>>40437519
>remember it's millions of tiny small decisions that result in weightloss, don't do it all at once slowly cut back and resist cravings.
!!!
>>
>>40437541
If I were in your position I would just eat the brownie then. Consistency is important but I don't think you should sacrifice having fun and enjoying time with your friends. You can always go back on keto but like you won't get an opportunity to have a brownie with this friend for awhile.

One thing I have found that was really vital in my sticking to my weight loss was to like normalize the lifestyle. You can't live in perpetual "diet first" mentality.
>>
>Be me, 6' 1" 230lbs ish
>Started a little over a month ago swimming
>3-5 a week
>Find Gym and Macros
>Eat natural for the most part
>Skin looks better, feel slightly thinner
>No way to measure my weight at uni, since don't want scale
>Often go below my 2200 Calorie diet because I don't have the stuff in uni flat and not enough space in fridge.
>Only thing I can't drop is my love for stouts.

Help guys.
>>
>>40437626
go buy a measuring tape and take measurements
wait a week, and then take more
>>
>>40437422
Height?
>>
>>40437225
What exercises do you feel you can do? Post them and I'll give you a plan.

Also plan to do a weight-loss diet. That's the most important thing.
>>
>>40437186
it's unrealistic to not expect to go out with friends or family.
My uncle used to do a whole thanksgiving for my family and pay for plane tickets sometimes, i love to see them but i can't just not eat.
If you go right back to your diet, are aware of what you ate, and continue to make progress then you did nothing wrong.
>>
>>40437783
is the rippetoe plan good for weightloss? not that anon, but you seem like the right guy to ask
>>
File: FB_IMG_1487261783407.jpg (30KB, 1137x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1487261783407.jpg
30KB, 1137x640px
>did SS
>Hit a wall quickly, hardly built muscle, hardly lost fat
>Deciding to focus on fat loss
I'm a bit discouraged. I've lost weight before, but it was in weight watchers, and I want to try and lose fat without paying for that shit.
>>
Lost 4kg since starting 5 weeks ago. From 95 to 91.

Feels good man, even if still far from my 75kg goal but getting there.
>>
>>40437878
you can do it. you have to pick either fat loss or muscle gain and have a body goal and/or weight goal
>>
>>40437783
I am not saying I don't intend to focus on a diet, but that feels easier compared to finding exercises to do because I know very little. Though what do you mean by weight loss diet, I assumed every diet is weight loss diet, you avoid carbs, very sugary stuff etc, I intend to try to focus on smaller amounts of chicken breasts, and other kinds of fatless or little fat meat, and many cucumbers because I like cucumbers and seem like a good thing to eat between food.

I don't even know many exercises, but I doubt there are many I can't do, obviously talking about exercises without equipment.

Only exercise I can think of that I can't do is normal push-ups, I don't have anywhere near the muscle to lift myself. Diagonal push-ups are possible though.

I just need a number of exercises, a number of times and sets desu, I am willing to spend 1-2 hours every morning doing that continuously but I don't feel walking for 1-2 hours will be as good since it is so easy
>>
>>40437909
>I like cucumbers
FAG
>>
I havent lifted in 2 years. I'm stronger than my muscles are now. I did a normal monday and couldnt move my arms for a week
>>
>>40437870
His starting strength program is a strength training program. I'm sure it's good for those who A) have access to weight training equipment and B) are willing to do that kind of program instead of cardio, body weight exercises.

Calorie deficit DIET is first key and most important component to weight loss. More than what kind of (or any) exercising.
>>
>>40437908
I want to go by look over weight since I'm now doing light strength training so I don't lose much of what little progress I made. Is that a bad idea? Should I just reduce my calories and run without lifting?
>>
>>40437972
I've read that you can introduce cardio in it though. It kind of bums me out because i want to do some hiking and bike riding outside. I live next to a national park
>>
File: 1438040700592.gif (14KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1438040700592.gif
14KB, 633x758px
>tfw not fat but can't stop eating

cutting sucks
>>
>>40438013
you can do either. If you're lifting you will want a set routine

>>40438038
fiber and water. Water is perfect for helping you feel full. have a cup with your meals and if you feel hungry after eating, have another.
fiber digests slower in the belly and helps you feel fuller longer.
>>
>IIFYM, perfect way to enjoy food while cutting!
>McDonald's, Kebabs, you name it. All under maintenance.
>14lb's down
>Feel sick as fuck, and fat still.

Anyone else feel like shit on IIFYM?
>>
I've been doing carb nite since October. Feeling burned out as fuck and it's making my lifting performance go down, but I have lost a ton of fat. Went from about 30% bf to 20%
>>
File: 1481192685986.jpg (58KB, 447x448px) Image search: [Google]
1481192685986.jpg
58KB, 447x448px
>tfw i loathe taking showers because i feel like shit every time i see myself naked
>>
>>40438064
>>40438038
I want to add. an example of were you can add fiber: celery is fantastic mixed in with ground meat and adds next to no calories or real Jalapeno poppers, not the deep fried breaded kind. peppers have a lot of fiber in them too, you can make your own or buy some at most markets. I recommend looking for poppers stuffed with chicken breast and wrapped with bacon because they are the healthiest and most filling
>>
File: 1487424758130.jpg (655KB, 960x853px) Image search: [Google]
1487424758130.jpg
655KB, 960x853px
Putting together a meal plan, adding structure to my day. So far I'm aiming for 120-160 grams of proton per day depending on if it's a rest day or not. Also aiming to make sure 20%-30% of my calories are from fats like some anon recommended.

Cheese isn't in this pic, is cheese /fit/ approved? It's an easy way to squeeze in some fats
>>
>>40437909
Ok, do not underestimate either the difficulty of or the importance of diet, it will make or break your plan regardless of any exercise.

Can you complete this 2x?

5 push ups (regular or modified to knee push-ups or wall push-ups as needed
5 floor sliding pull ups or door handle pull ups
5 knee raises
5 dips
5 squats

Also can you do
10 standing elbow to knee exercises
One or more 20 second plank(s)
20 small arm circles, forward, then reverse
20 large arm circles, forward then reverse

Without more than 2 minute rest in between each set? Try and report back with your results.
>>
>>40438064
I wish water helped, I literally have 2 bottles of cold water near me all the time and still am fat
>>
>>40438031
You can do his program and add those and use a TDEE-500 calorie eating plan and see how it goes. That's a sensible start plan. Just because you do SS, doesn't mean you can't hike and bike too. One rest day per week is fine.
>>
>>40437999
>>
>>40438092
>grams of proton
it's just "protons

130 protons
>>
>>40438094
Ok will try that this morning(3am currently)
Sounds possible
>>
>>40438083
I do too, anon but I hate the thought of being a stinky fat fuck even more. I listen to loud music and just take mine quickly to get it over with.
>>
>>40438105
I drink a gallon of water a day and am still always hungry.

I'm not even turbo fat. I eat aboit 2k calories a day.
>>
how do I make protein shakes taste good :(
>>
>>40438105
It does help fag
>>
>>40438166
you need to get sleep anon. your body loves to relax after you lift, sleeping is the best way for it to recover. so make sure you sleep normie hours from now on
>>
>>40438105
>>40438243
then add fiber
>>
>>40438245
I use unsweetened vanilla cashew milk, spices, the protein powder, 1 pasteurized egg white, ice and mix in the blender on high. Once a week, add frozen berries as treat instead of spices. (But still within my diet program)

Pumpkin pie spice, apple pie spice, grated nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, that kind.
Sometimes cocoa powder too.

Shaking them with just water is chalky and vile.
>>
>>40434068
Feabie.com for you my friend.
All the thick chicks that you can handle.
>>
>>40438245
I use a shot of cold espresso, water, vanilla or chocolate protein powder, ice, blend on high.
>>
>>40435600
Congrats, faggot, some of us are trying to bulk and have major trouble developing any sort of appetite.
>>
>>40438359
huh i've never thought of using a shot of espresso.
now i'm really curious
>>
>>40438378
We all have problems then I guess :^)
>>
File: 1487466244442.png (246KB, 600x345px) Image search: [Google]
1487466244442.png
246KB, 600x345px
Hello! I'm a 170 cm, 110 kg hispanic 18 year old living in Costa Rica, could someone here please help me get my weight down? I would like it to be around 75 kg, apart from the information posted before I will give you some (probably) useful information below

>To mantain this weight TDEE calculators have calculated that ~2500 is what I need to ingest every day

>My BMR is 2088 cal/day

>I have been making 10 squats, 10 sit ups, and 10 push ups every day for about a week now

>I have been eating like 1500 cal/day for about a week now

>Am too poor to afford gym membership

>I have a stationary bike and today I made about 30 min (sitting) at the highest speed I could go

>My diet is heavily prominent in proteins (meat, eggs, lactose, etc...) bread (whole wheat bread), rice (white, cooked in rice cooker), coffe (1-2 cups/day), and assorted veggies and fruit (lettuce, tomatoes, apples, etc...)

What should I do? Should I make a full thread about this? I'm ready and willing to change, can you help me?
>>
>>40438477
What you're doing now is fine

Consistently used the stationary bike and once you get good at it go outside and run in the real world

I would honestly recommend a smaller deficit calorie wise aim for like 1750-1800 calories. It will make sticking to your diet easier.

Otherwise just be consistent and patient. You do not need to make a thread about this.
>>
>>40438477
Eat less
Count calories

10 squats and etc. is nothing especially if you don't have weights. Aim until you tire out and repeat 5 times that amount.

Weight loss is 90% calories in and calories out, 10% exercise.

Never eat snacks or sweets - once in a while but only once in awhile. Also watch what you drink, cups add up. At most a cup of juice/milk a day.
>>
>>40436514
lol nice b8 hammy
>>
I feel like i can have a larger deficit of calories and be fine, but i'm worried that it will fuck with my metabolism and make me plateau. My brother is getting married in a few months and i want to lose as much as possible
>>
>>40438598
Try it and if it does make you plateau then just go back to where its at right now.
>>
>>40438598
You'll plateau but you'll still lose weight. Only thing you should worry about is if you also want to preserve/gain muscle mass.
>>
File: image.png (294KB, 1288x916px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
294KB, 1288x916px
Here's some tips for all of you, just starting to lose weight.

>When you want to eat something unhealthy (cheetos, cake, cupcakes, ice cream, tendies, etc), either eat fruit or drink a shitload of water. It'll get rid of your cravings, since you'll have just eaten that healthier food.
>Eat a shitwad of protein, obviously. Have peanut butter on celery as a snack.
>Learn to cook and make yourself healthy food in your free time, then save it for the next day. Try to keep this routine going of making yourself food prepared for the next day.
>If you still want to eat bad foods, do it in a way where it doesn't interfere with your weight loss. For example, if you are hungry for ice cream, and specifically ice cream, then take a small spoonful and keep it at that.
>Always eat at a table, not when you are sitting on your couch or while doing something, or you'll lose track of how much you're eating. Another good thing to snack on is nuts, especially pistachios because you have to open the shell each time and it kind of makes you watch how much you eat.
>Don't count calories, count macros. A food with 100 cals may seem perfectly fine, but think of what it's made up of. Is it added sugar, carbs, fat, high sodium, and little to no protein and/or vitamins? Or is it a natural food, with natural sugars and carbs? You could be comparing a bowl of grapes to milk chocolate.
>Take cold showers. It boosts your metabolism and helps activate brown fats.
>Drink tea. Black tea and green tea are the best. Don't add sugar or milk, add about 1/2 a spoonful of honey. You're drinking tea, not soda.
>Don't overreat. Even though you shouldn't count calories too much, try not to go over 1,800 a day.
>If you want dessert, have fruit, dark chocolate, or a healthy ice cream bar. Yasso and Enlightened are good 80-120 calorie ice cream bars that taste really good, in my opinion.
>Drink almond/soy/cashew/coconut milk, never whole milk with lactose or too much
>>
>>40434422
A guy a few days ago gave me solid advice on this after I had fallen off working out because of no progress.

Don't look in the mirror. Shave your head if you have to (so you don't have to make up hair) but do not ever look in the mirror.

10 months in look at a mirror and be amazed at the change.
>>
>>40438615
I'm trying to lose fat and keep muscle maintained. my first goal is to slim down to a proper size before going for gains.
>>40438613
wouldn't that make me gain weight?
>>
Im getting a coconut creampie shake from sonic. Not gonna make it
>>
>>40438697
get and vanilla ice cream cone from mcdonalds instead. it's far less calories and sugar.
>>
>>40438697
mad man
>>
>>40438650
How the fuck do you avoid looking at the mirror if you're a girl though
>>
>>40438654
>wouldn't that make me gain weight?
I forget the term for it but it helps with a plateau because it increases your metabolism. As long as you're still eating at a deficit I don't think you should be gaining any weight.
>>
>>40438697
Truly never going to make it
>>
File: weight.png (16KB, 609x417px) Image search: [Google]
weight.png
16KB, 609x417px
>>40435025
That might make you feel better:

I weight myself every fucking day. Look at my graph

It really varies A LOT.
I dont like the idea of weighting once a week, it can accumulate all variations without enough statistical power to make the right decision
>>
So what happens if you're fat and ate way over the recommended daily calories, then started working out and eating way less than the recommended daily calories?
>>
>>40438807
You'll lose fat and work on your muscles.
>>
>>40438807
You'll lose weight
>>
>>40438822
Perfect, was wondering if that was bad to suddenly introduce such big changes.
>>
>>40434068
>start tomorrow
go on youtube and search bootcamp work out right now.
>>
File: 1485884753593.jpg (72KB, 259x567px) Image search: [Google]
1485884753593.jpg
72KB, 259x567px
>tfw lost 20kg in 3 months

100kg now,plan on hitting 75-80kg by midyear,we're gonna make it lads,just stay focused
>>
>>40438645
>Have peanut butter on celery as a snack.
when was the last time you looked at the nutes on a tbsp of PB? there's like 50,000 calories in one

>Another good thing to snack on is nuts, especially pistachios because you have to open the shell each time and it kind of makes you watch how much you eat.
dear god and now you've recommended one of the most calorically dense food items on earth

>Take cold showers. It boosts your metabolism and helps activate brown fats.
literally broscience

>Drink tea. Black tea and green tea are the best. Don't add sugar or milk, add about 1/2 a spoonful of honey. You're drinking tea, not soda.
assuming tbsp that's up to 9g of sugar in your tea, just use aspartame if you want sweetener.

>If you want dessert, have fruit, dark chocolate, or a healthy ice cream bar. Yasso and Enlightened are good 80-120 calorie ice cream bars that taste really good, in my opinion.
fruit is not low-cal stop spewing that fucking meme already fatass

>Drink almond/soy/cashew/coconut milk, never whole milk with lactose or too much
Broscience, drink skim milk if you really want it but the best advice is not to drink your calories at all in the first place

You've got some right ideas but this advice is all over the place
>>
>tfw turning my life around
Feels good, dropped sodas, eating way healthier, hitting the gym regularly, dropped all video games except for Touhou, and and trying to learn the piano.
>>
>>40438878
Damn nigga, what you doin? How fat were you before you started?
>>
>tfw shit at counting calories and your only measure is your cravings

dropping a pound a week though
>>
>>40438882
>fruit is not low-cal stop spewing that fucking meme already fatass
This is why you have small amounts of it? Like 1/2 a cup of strawberries or grapes. This also applies to what you said with pistachios. Nuts may be calorically dense, but that's why you have a small amount of them (about 15-25 pistachios).
>when was the last time you looked at the nutes on a tbsp of PB? there's like 50,000 calories in one
That's why you have only about 2 tablespoons or so. I'm not telling fatties to eat have a jar. Even if you were bulking, that would be insane
>>
>>40438911
800 calorie deficit diet and a LOT of fucking water.

I was 120kg desu,I regret not taking pictures,seeing how much you changed is encouraging as fuck
>>
>>40438645
This is bait right?
>>
>>40438949
I know you can eat those foods in small portions and be fine, but WHY on earth would you recommend them to people who clearly have issues with portion control?

I can gnosh through a thousand calories of peanuts without even thinking, I guarantee fatties will get into trouble with nuts and nut butters
>>
>>40438892
You're gonna make it
>>
>>40438928
I know its like sacrilegious to say so but I don't mess with counting calories either. That might just be because I used to count obsessively so I like instinctively know but I just eat healthy and keep my portions small

Also dropping 1-1.5 lbs a week
>>
>>40434605

It's water weight. He didn't lose 6 pounds of fat in a week. You usually always lose a lot of water weight the first week of a cut.
>>
>>40434082
>hey guys i learned some fitness words. If i put them in this random order will they make sense?

Read the sticky
>>
>>40438835
Nope. If you suddenly start eating healthy after a bad diet, your digestion might get a bit wonky but it sorts itself pretty quickly. Otherwise go for it, start today.
>>
83kg a bit over a month ago.

now I'm 69.6kg

I did a really unhealthy weight loss method. basically just stopped eating and only ate when I felt like passing out.

but HEY! the scale don't lie. I'm aiming for 65kg then i'll work on muscle building and eating more but healthy options.
>>
>>40438983
Eh, it's pretty easy, at least for me it was. They just need to discipline themselves and if they don't feel motivated to do so and/or don't feel like it, then they shouldn't be on this board and won't get gains. The way that I started eating healthier was by making drastic changes and pushing myself until I got comfortable. I'd eat shitloads of candy and fatty meat, never watching what I ate. But once I cut out candy and treats and started eating in proportional amounts, I lost weight.
>>
File: aroldis meme man.jpg (11KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
aroldis meme man.jpg
11KB, 266x190px
>>40434082
>I want to lose weight while cutting
>>
>>40439085
Good luck with that rebound, you're gonna gain it all back.

Not gonna make it
>>
>>40439069
I did, it felt good seeing myself get 10 miles on the bicycle machine, even if that isn't impressive. Gonna ask a fellow there if he could give me a quick rundown on the lifting machines when I go tomorrow.
>>
>>40434068
>Down almost 20lbs since the new year

Feels good boys. Another 30 and I'll probably start bulkin to get them gains.
>>
>>40439111
Gonna make it
>>
>>40439105

Thanks man! <3
>>
>>40438882
>use aspartame
Sucralose is a better artificial sweetener than aspartame
>>
File: tfw happy.png (5KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
tfw happy.png
5KB, 645x773px
>>40439126
Thanks breh
>>
>>40438388
It's not as good as a vanilla latte or a mocha but I like it for what it is. Just don't drink it like that at night!
Blender over a shaker is always much better texture.
>>
>>40439087
>Just learn discipline bro
Clearly it's not been working so well. They shouldn't even have that sugary shit like honey or those calorie bomb nuts in the house because they will undoubtedly overeat them. Fatties generally have problems with portion sizes, and things like nuts can completely destroy you in just a few handfuls.

>>40439142
I actually have that opinion as well, but purely from a taste perspective
>>
>>40439142
Why not stevia?
>>
>>40439175
Never really found a stevia extract that I liked.
>>
>>40439175
tastes like ass and there's no weight to it

there's something wrong about it and the sweetness isn't right
>>
>>40439168
I would agree with you but I keep toffee flavored peanuts as a last resort snack when I am having a really bad sweet tooth

I feel like its important for the newbies to have a pseudo-healthy snack in the house like that. I always put a handful in a bag and that usually stops me from overeating
>>
>stopped eating junk food
>realize that I wasn't ever hungry when I ate it, I just wanted to eat something/felt like I should be eating something
Fucking bizarre. I'm eating so much less that it's not even funny. And when I do, I grab a carrot or apple or some shit and water instead of potato chips and a soda. This is great.
>>
>>40439168
It's better for me to keep temptation out of the house. It's really easy for me to scarf down too many calories in nuts and seeds and I only buy an occasional single portion of anything sweet. Like monthly.
I don't keep honey or sugar in the house at all.
Out of sight, out of mind.
>>
>>40439107
do free weights, not machines.
If you live near a national park, see about biking outdoors, it's easier to do and burns the same calories
>>
File: 1476998111495.jpg (74KB, 727x763px) Image search: [Google]
1476998111495.jpg
74KB, 727x763px
>>40437253
Look, a dirty non white
1.that does not belong here.
2. Has no political facts to back up his statement.
>>
>>40439202
I disagree, and toffee peanuts are little better than candy. Better to have to go out and fetch a single sweet, if you have multiple servings on hand, you always end up eating them and the temptation is near at hand 24/7.
Really bad sweet tooth is something to work through, and deal with, not give in to.
>>
>>40439202
Sugar free jello, you can even have a few servings of whipped cream on top for almost nothing and it's filling.

A handful of walnuts will not fill you up in the same way that half a gallon of jello will, and they're the same calorie content.

1 cup of walnuts = 523 caloriedoodles
1 cup of jello = 20 caloriedoodles
5 servings of whipped cream = 75 caloriedoodles
An entire package of jello (2 cups) with a boatload of whipped cream is less than 120 calories

>>40439231
>>40439272
So much this, you can't eat ice cream if there's no ice cream in the house
>>
what's the bump limit on this board? I want to make sure this general keeps rolling. it's positive and motivating as fuck
>>
>>40434068
Good luck bro,

Even though fat people seriously disgust me, I'm always happy to see them working out or running in the gym. Makes me proud to see someone trying to change themselves.

So sincerely, good luck, don't worry about people judging you etc, most people won't and the people who do literally nasty little oxygen thieves, who are little more then dog shit on a shoe.
>>
File: 1436385014349.gif (264KB, 148x111px) Image search: [Google]
1436385014349.gif
264KB, 148x111px
>had half a pint of ice cream today
Other than that, the weight loss is going fine
>>
>>40439227
I've noticed my stomach has shrunk a lot too. I used to be able to eat twice my friends but this morning I had difficulty finished a peanut butter banana sandwich for breakfast (I know kind of a lot of calories I was out of food in my apt)
>>
>>40439285
as long as you're keeping your macros mostly in check, you're golden senpai.
>>
>>40439287
that's not a bad breakfast, as long as you are working out or being physically active to burn some of the fat you consumed
>>
>>40439272
Lol now that I think about it you're right it is little better than candy. Surprisingly, they're cheaper than regular peanuts at my grocery store that's why I always get them. But you're right I should probably get something different
>>
>>40439282
Make a new thread I will migrate
>>
>>40439279
Damn I never considered jello surprisingly. Are the snack packs just as lowcal or do I have to make it?

And also wtf at walnuts being 523 calories
>>
>>40439282
I can bump it on my story .
>Starting working out a year ago
> Was 240
>Now 220
My calorie counter app recommends 1600 calories a day for me (Hope it's right)
I've been fucking it up because of Holidays and poor food choices.
>>
>>40439284
>Even though fat people seriously disgust me, I'm always happy to see them working out or running in the gym. Makes me proud to see someone trying to change themselves.

Saw a /fit/ type in the gym today while I was running on the elliptical and I felt kind of insecure but I am glad that some people think like this
>>
>>40439302
Yeah I went to the gym later that morning and ran three miles so feeling pretty good breh
>>
>>40439346
Told you about those nuts bro, every single kind is like that.

I have no idea about snack packs, but jello takes like three minutes there's no reason you can't make it, you just boil water stir and refrigerate
>>
NEW THREAD: >>40439447

>NEW THREAD: >>40439447

>>
>>40439454
I tried with the intro but i never really make generals unless it's brand new and i want to see it continue
>>
>>40437225
Go to www.startbodyweight.com and read about the progressions.

Find your starting point for each exercise and do 3 sets of 4 for each until you can do 3 sets of 8, then move to the next step in the progression.
>>
File: 1472179450771.jpg (55KB, 599x449px) Image search: [Google]
1472179450771.jpg
55KB, 599x449px
Whats the best way of losing hip fat?
Im skinny all around except around my stomach and hips.
>>
GOD DAMMIT WHY DO SKINNY GIRLS LIKE TO PRETEND THEY'RE FAT

i swear this is like my only pet peeve, fucking 70lbs sticcs that post 10 of those 5000kcal buzzfeed nutella recipes videos on facebook and things like "lul i just spent like 20 mins in front of the fridge llolz"

they don't know the pain...they can't keep getting away with it
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.