[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 283
Thread images: 33

File: getthosejuicesflowing.jpg (22KB, 354x357px) Image search: [Google]
getthosejuicesflowing.jpg
22KB, 354x357px
Old thread: >>40417783

What's the best way to overcome shitty genetics for a certain muscle group? My shoulders, back, and legs are all strong as fuck but my chest and abs are comparatively weak.
>>
>>40425858
add extra burnout sets at the end of the day you train them.

eat more, sleep more

do PPL

also chest and abs look shite at high bodyfat so... lose weight?
>>
Can I eat fruits while cutting? Apples and pears especially
>>
>>40425858
Does anyone have the screenshot of some /fit/ bro taking pictures of a girl doing deficit deadlifts in the smith machine?

He's getting extremely close and everyone says she probably knows he's taking pics.

Often featured in YLYL threads.
>>
File: AfroSamurai.jpg (208KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AfroSamurai.jpg
208KB, 1920x1080px
5'9" 130lb skelly here. Trying to make some self improvements to help get myself out of the rut I'm stuck in, and one of the things I want to do is get my body fat down, but put on enough muscle to get me up to about 145lb. What kind of diet and exercise routine would I need to achieve a similar build to Afro Samurai?
>>
>>40425985
Yes, but don't over do it.

>>40425858
Specialize in training them.
try to hit them first in your workout and find out, which excercises work best for you.
also this guy
>>40425867

>>40426353
some shitty bro split and Protein+IF
>>
Had surgery recently and wont be able to lift for atleast a month. Should I up my protein intake if this is the case and should I eat at maintenance for the time being?
>>
My bench is stuck at 190 3X5 i have switched too ppl 2 weeks ago after doing full body 3 times a weak. I really like this new routine and i have been doing higher reps. all my other lifts are doing good. will switching to dumbbells help me break the platue. Also how to i incorperate some sort of periodization into ppl im in a rut right now
>>
Does the number of reps actually matter? Surely failure is failure; your muscles can't count.
>>
What's a good website or formula to calculate body fat % with tape measurements? I don't have a caliper.
I tried some that come up in Google but they give me 10-12 bf%, which is clearly bullshit because I'm skinnyfat.
>>
>>40427097
Stay on maintaince and try to do something.

>>40427298
A switch can help, but what s your problem right know with the Bench Press?

For perodization plans ask google ("coach, you agree with" perodization plan)

>>40427307
Yes it does.
Also the weight matters ant the weight defines the number of possible reps.

also the failure can be different kinds.
>>
What are the benefits and disadvantages of a Bro Split - specifically when compared to a PPL routine?

PPL seems much more convenient and some sources say it's even more effective.
>>
>>40427417

Bro Splits are straight up inferior to a PPL in every way. PPL hits every group twice a week where bro splits generally hit them once
>>
>>40427473
rec a good PPL?
>>
How do you measure poop? So you can subtract the calories from your daily intake
>>
File: Hypertrophy routine PPTS + Arms.png (82KB, 641x633px) Image search: [Google]
Hypertrophy routine PPTS + Arms.png
82KB, 641x633px
What you think of this Arms + Shoulders Day (Saturday)?

The rest of routine is the TM hypertrophy routine from Rippetoe's PPST,
>>
>>40427298
Personally I think you'd do better benching 3x a week with a varying rep scheme a la greg nuckols's 28 free programs.
Also if you want to be better at a movement pattern, especially one that you've been doing for relatively few repetitions why would you switch to a different movement pattern?
>>
Does chewing mastic gum actually make a difference in facial aesthetics? If so how big of a difference does it make?
>>
Anyone's fingers thickened from lifting? I paint miniatures for shows and Ive noticed my fingers have gotten more thicker and less nimble as I need them to be. Is this normal?
>>
Anyone else feel like their dick has more girth during nofap? Why is this?
>>
File: qIYdWSQ.png (10KB, 536x154px) Image search: [Google]
qIYdWSQ.png
10KB, 536x154px
Fattie here, on my first week of calorie counting/restricted calories.

I'm at my calorie limit for the day but I know if i stay up any longer the cravings will kick in, do you just go to bed?
>>
What the difference in kroc rows and DB rows?
I know krocs are supposed to be higher rep, like 15-20 range and with the heaviest weight you can, but is there any other difference?
>>
>>40428121

Kroc rows are a sort of DB row. Difference is kroc rows use a fair bit of body movement to get the weight up.
>>
>>40428135
yeah, i knew there was a bit of body english in krocs but i wasnt sure if that was more or less the defining feature, guess so
>>
File: Female_bench_press_record.gif (2MB, 260x229px) Image search: [Google]
Female_bench_press_record.gif
2MB, 260x229px
How come bench pressing with a back arch is encouraged and (I assume) safe, but doing pretty much anything else with anything but a neutral spine is snap city?
>>
>>40428233

Because the load never goes through your spine. It's transferred through your shoulders into the bench.
>>
File: sadfrog lying awake at night.jpg (29KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog lying awake at night.jpg
29KB, 640x360px
How do I talk to this one girl I like?
>>
File: 1478567850344.png (2MB, 1190x1192px) Image search: [Google]
1478567850344.png
2MB, 1190x1192px
Can I get a rundown on some effective back exercises/training videos? I'm doing mainly dumbbell rows and t-bar rows, but I want some other stuff to mix in. Also does anybody know a good guide for setting up dumbbell rows out of the rack, not on the bench?
>>
>>40425858
does "reaching 1/2/3/4" mean for 1 rep?
>>
>>40428441
just be yourself
>>
keto?
carb cycling?
memes?

What should I do to lose weight quickest easiest.
>>
How's this as a typical meal day plan for me? I would drink the "Smoothie" shake between breakfast and lunch, and then the "Snake" protein drink between lunch and dinner. Stands at 47% protein, 30% carb, and 23% fat.

6'4, 225lb, 24
Looking to lose weight. Doing cardio and starting to lift.
>>
>>40428892
Water, sleep, Low carbs/fat (depends on our type)

I like keto + IF

But the best bet is water protein vegetables
>>
>>40428441
Thnk about all the regert you will build up, if you don't

Also she's human, too. (i hope )
She has fears and imperfections as you and I
>>
>>40429079
are tangerines vegetables
>>
>>40427298

deload.
>>
best lift tracking app?
>>
People say not to do dumbbells for things like bench press because you can only increase in increments of 10lbs total (5 per db).

Can't I just emulate smaller overloading by not necessarily increasing EVERY set? For example, instead of just attempting to jump from 55dbs to 60 dbs on all 3 working sets, I only increase the last set to 60 dbs, so I'm doing 50/50/60. And then the next bench session, I do 50/60/60. And so forth
>>
My current work schedule has it so that I can only workout on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.
Currently on Monday and Wednesday I'm doing
Bench 5x5
Squat 5x5
Row 5x5 or Deadlift 4x4 with 1x2
BUNCH OF ACCESSORIES

Tuesday I run for thirty minutes.

Should I do half a PPL routine or something? I'm not sure.
>>
>>40429288

up your rep count. when you can do a certain amount, increase weight.
>>
>>40425858
sometimes i hit my dick when i do power cleans. is this a problem?
>>
Is keto a meme or is it worth doing?
>>
>>40429055
looks good numbers wise, but sounds like a kinda miserable existence. Unless you really are good at just eating for nutrition, and don't care about eating hearty meals. If you can keep it up, good for you.

Feel like your calories might be a little lower than neccisary, but if it works for you and you don't lose all your gains.

also I'm 6'4, 245, 29. And I love eating too much to cut that hard, I'm at about 2,200, losing about 2 lbs a week.
>>
when benching, where should the bar be coming to on my chest?
i'm fairly tall(6'3") and benching frequently feels kind of awkward as when i'm comfortable by head is off the bench, so i feel like i'm doing something wrong.
>>
How to deal with the mid cut misery? Fuck I just feel depressed and want to start putting up numbers on my lifts again
>>
how can i vibrate higher?
>>
So I've been doing SS for a while and I want to change my routine. I've found a routine I want to move on to but how do you guys go about learning 8 new exercises in total the first week? How do I know if I'll have proper form
>>
File: 51J9hPCZ6TL.jpg (33KB, 345x500px) Image search: [Google]
51J9hPCZ6TL.jpg
33KB, 345x500px
anyone know how to make this stuff a little bit less harshly sweet when using it?
got it at costco for cheap, tried it tonight and holy fuck, its obscenely sweet, 300 Ml skim milk and 1 scoop of it.
it tastes good but its so sweet its tough to get through
>>
>>40429571

Somewhere between the nipples and the bottom of your sternum. Depends a bit on grip width and proportions.
>>
File: 1485576315934.jpg (59KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
1485576315934.jpg
59KB, 600x449px
All I want is to be lean and strong. Can I accomplish this following pure strength training routines?
>>
Does meditation work? Wanting to get those mental gainz/improve my mental health along with my physical gainz/health.
>>
Is it normal that I lose flexibility after doing squats?
>>
>>40430640
Bump
>>
>>40430640
as long as you eat right
>>
>>40430908
Thanks
>>
Can you get the same or similar results doing DB deadlifts instead of barbell deads?

Doing regular deadlifts with a barbell always manages to hurt my lower back, no matter what form variations i try

However doing them with dumbbells is the complete opposite, it feels great and like it actually fixes my back. So are they a decent replacement or a waste of time?
>>
How many times per week should I do HIIT? In general. 2x? Just for general heart health
>>
gf got a bit chubby and wants to cut. what program should she do?
>>
Anyone here has gotten a bigger neck through training?
I wanna get that broad neck look but I don't know whether to do neck flexions or lateral neck flexions.
>>
>>40431111
The one where she eats less.
God you children are fucking helpless.
>>
File: 1255817446533.jpg (30KB, 314x450px) Image search: [Google]
1255817446533.jpg
30KB, 314x450px
>go back to working out after a 3-month break
>back (which was always squaky clean before) gets covered in very noticeable acne the next day
>a med student I know said it's hormonal
>I never roided in my life
Wat do?
>>
I may have a hernia near my appendix.
My dad reckons its because I'm lifting too much weight but my form has been good for all my lifts...
>>
>>40431369
She already does, friend. She has been doing SL but it seems kind of pointless to do while on a cut. I want her to maintain as much muscle mass as possible, but 5x5 seems not ideal.
>>
I am cutting but clothes are getting tighter despite losing weight, its a 500 calories deficit yet my chest is growing and delts. I am also on TRT so am I gaining muscle while losing fat ?
lifting 6 days/week at 2000 calories 5'7 174 pounds
>>
I've been doing SS a few months and I've just hit intermediate-tier according to strengthstandards.co

Just checking out this vid:
https://youtu.be/dMFCKhmcKtI#t=24m33s
and basically they say that when a male lifter does a 5RM, he'll genuinely use all his energy and is done for the day, but if a female does it, then even though she's genuinely giving it everything in that moment, she'll be able to keep going after a short rest because females generally just can't physically spend everything at once.
And for this reason, they say a lot of the times women are encouraged to do 5x3 instead of 3x5.

This makes a lot of sense to me as a btwgrill; my last few reps of pretty much any set/lift are really becoming struggle street, and desu before even hearing about this I was kinda sneaking extra sets in naturally when my OHP was stalling anyway. So I'm thinking of switching to 5x3.
But then I realise, fuck man, 5 sets? That's a lot of rests. So I'm wondering, would I technically be able to rest for shorter periods doing this, or would that defeat the purpose of being able to put more into it?

Much needed TL;DR:
Can you rest for less time between sets if you do 5x3 instead of 3x5?
>>
Im having a little trouble with yohimbine scheduling. Ive tried it before and worked up to maybe 12mg once in the morning, but i should consume 16mg and ive seen it on certain forums that it should be split up into multiple doses. I work from 6am-2 and dont eat until 4, could someone give me an idea of how i should go about getting all 16mg?
>>
>>40431499
(fukn embedded youtube gives me the shits, skip to 23m33s)
>>
>>40431499
I think you'd have to take longer rests doing 5x3 even if you still have some fuel left in the tank since you're lifting a load quite close to your 1RM.
But I'm not a grill so I dunno.
>>
File: 1487184205120.jpg (312KB, 749x608px) Image search: [Google]
1487184205120.jpg
312KB, 749x608px
>>40431509
>>
>>40429055
Bump
>>
when should I change to an intermediate routine?
did SS, currently at
>sq 285lbs 3x5
>ohp 140lbs 3x5
>bench 175 3x5
>deadlift 285 1x5 (working on grip)

wait for stall?
>>
>>40431334
This

And
Is it possible to tighten neck skin?
>>
>>40429055
>6'4
>225
>doing cardio
>lifting
>1880 kcal per day
Dude. You're a big guy. You're just starving yourself. You shouldn't look to "lose weight", but "lose fat".
I don't know what you mean by "starting to lift".
Lift heavy weights, do some cardio and eat at maintenance calories. Especially if you're a new lifter you can make drastic changes in body composition (gain muscle, lose fat) while still eating "normally". At your height 225 is a good weight (with decent muscle mass).
Look for long term change (from this point until the end of the year is a good timeframe). Don't try to crash diet to lose as much as possible as fast as possible.

use this to find your caloric needs:
https://www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

>>40431334
neck bridges
>>
File: IMG_1054.jpg (270KB, 1230x1365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1054.jpg
270KB, 1230x1365px
>>40431704
I didn't lift before. I used to be 290 and then I got down to 225 about a year ago just by dieting.

I'm a fat 225, not a muscular 225, which is why I figured I was best getting to 200 and then building up. Bad approach?
>>
>>40430640
You're going to have to cut at some point to get lean.
>>
>>40431864
Okay. But when I do, I won't just look like some skinny fat dude right? I'll actually look lean? Considering I'd have been following purely strength routines
>>
>>40431816
I guess you're still fat enough to warrant a "lose weight" approach, but you still shouldn't starve yourself. especially if you start lifting.

It's up to you really, but a few things I can definitely tell you, 1880 is too little, maybe if you'd do zero exercise and don't move all day that would be a reasonable target, but with lifting and cardio, you need more.

Again, don't try to change too much too fast. You have probably been fat for years, however many months it takes to get it off doesn't matter. But taking it slow and steady is healthier than crashing down.

Priority number one is consistency.
>>
>>40431895
You can look "lean" by doing nothing but cardio and a few pushups and pullups. That's literally all bodyfat. And even on a "purely strength based" routine, you will gain significant amounts of muscle - again, if you eat right.
>>
>>40431900
Thanks man, appreciate your advice a lot. Makes a difference.
>>
>>40431923
I see. Thanks for clearing that up dude
>>
>>40431895
Here's the deal: strength might go up for a bit, but inevitably you'll lose some strength during a cut. That's just yhe muscle mass you'll lose. If you don't do a cut, you will never get lean. Body recomping takes years if you never cut but don't really bulk.

What it comes down to is calories in/out, macros, partitioning and a little bit your exercises. First of all you'll never get lean without losing some fat. You'll have to lose some fat sometime with cals in/out. If you have muscle mass already when you do you'll look better than if you just cut from fat, but you'll have more weight to lose if you put on weight during a bulk first. Protein will keep those muscles longer during a cut. Cardio still help you lose weight during a cut and will always promote a healthy heart. You meed to loft however still during this to prevent muscle loss and promote a proper state in your body where it doesn't go starvation mode.

Skinny fat might happen depending on where you are before the cut, but eventually you'll get lean at low bf%. After that you can go strength again and bulk. All up to you and your goals.
>>
>>40427796
Pls respond
>>
What is the difference between hammer curls and regular curls?
>>
>>40431438
Anyone?
>>
For home gym do I buy cap barbell and pl8s? Is the barbell supposed to be 5,6, or 7 feet?
>>
>>40432044
Go see a doctor
>>
>>40429152

Pen+paper

>>40429296

Could always do an Upper/Lower split. It's typically done as a 4 day split but you can modify it to 2 to fit your needs

>>40429597

Tape a picture of Chad to your door or something to remind yourself of what you're cutting for. Those couple weeks right in the middle of a cut suck ass but it gets easier the closer you get to finishing.

>>40429708
Use a low weight, one low enough to not strain you in any way but is high enough to give you something to push against. Watch videos online. Ask someone to check your form.

>>40430812
Yes. I find it really helps me with focusing.

>>40431068
No because you'll eventually reach a point where you can't increase weight due to maxing out the dumbbells. Your lower back hurts because your form is shit.

>>40431674

If you're still making linear progress, stay on SS.

>>40432018
Hammer curls hit your forearms as well as biceps.
>>
>>40425858
How much muscle can you pack naturally per month?(disregarding the beginner lifters) will be bulking at 300 surplus average and want to know how much muscle should I expect
>>
>>40432156

Realistically, you can put on about 0.5lb of lean mass per week if you're eating right and lifting heavy, but that obviously goes down depending on how close you are to your genetic limit.
>>
How do I know if I have snapped my shit, back is KILLING me right now.
>>
>>40432263

Generally you'll know if you snapped your shit.

Is it sore or is it genuine pain? Soreness is fine, pain is not.

If it's just sore, just make sure to eat a lot and get your protons, and maybe even RICE it if it's really bad and impeding your day-to-day shit

If you are actually in genuine pain, stop lifting and see a doctor. It doesn't mean you've snapped your shit, but it's a good idea to be careful, just in case. RICE in the meantime.
>>
I'm dropping Squats and Deadlifts from my Routine for a while, because my back and hips feel like shit.

Still want to train legs though.

How's this for a replacement to do on Lower body days:
5 sets each, as giant sets (i.e. exercise 1 -> ex 2 -> ex 3 -> rest -> repeat)
>Good Morning x5-8 / Single Leg Press x?? / Abs x10
>Bulgarian Split Squat x5-8 / Obliques x10 / Calves x15-20
>Leg Extension x8-12 / Leg Curl x8-12 / Back Extension x10-15
>>
>>40432308
Genuine pain, I know soreness.
Granted it has only been about 3 hours, but I just left the gym midworkout since I had trouble lifting a 25lb plate off the ground into the bench due to pain.
RICE?
>>
Is Soylent a meme?
I'm legitimately on the cusp of buying a month's supply to replace a lot of my daily meals since I hate cooking.
>>
>>40425858
Any tips on ab workouts when you have a small hernia? Should I avoid direct ab work all together?
>>
>>40432357

If it's only been 3 hours, then give it a few days before calling the doctor. You may have just sprained something

RICE = Rest Ice Compression Elevation
>>
>>40432357
Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation

There's a rule of thumb for how long you should wait before you see a doctor for different symptoms. For pain in general it's a week I think. I'll see if I can find the exact numbers.
>>
>>40432151
So hammer curls are better?
>>
>>40432445

For overall arm gains, yes. Strictly for biceps, no.

The deal with hammer curls is the weakest link is your forearm (as opposed to your biceps), so you can't lift as heavy.
>>
>>40427346
You can post a pic to a CBT and have people eyeball it.
>>40428009
More stored up libido. When you fap a lot your dick will get smaller and less intense erections, taking a break lets your dick recover fully.
>>40428085
drink coffee (decaf works), helps fill up stomach and suppress hunger.
>>40428196
kroc rows are down with knee on bench and hits the rhobo while dumbbell rows hit traps and lats.
>>40429366
its a meme but you can still get good results on it. try it and see if you feel better and lose weight or not.
>>40429597
sometimes a refeed period helps in a cut every couple weeks.
>>40430812
yes, as does praying which is a form of meditation. Once you find peace with the world and yourself you will be better off even if your lifts arent advancing as much as you want.
>>40431068
You might be doing deadlift wrong then, it should be same movement with dumbbell or barbell. Make sure back is straight in deadlift.
>>40431372
shower after gym immediately.
>>40431438
hernias are excruciatingly painful. If you arent screaming in pain it probably isnt a hernia.
>>40432463
I find I can hammer curl more than I can strict curl and my forearms are terrible.
>>
How many scoops of protein powder do you drink a day?
>>
>>40432592

0.8g protein per lbs is more than enough

simply 200g of chicken has almost 50g protein, fish are packed with protein and low calories too

why would you waste money on that shit
>>
>>40432592
I usually do 2 which is 23g of protein but Im thinking of trying a newer diet to help cut down fat by swapping out another meal for one so Id do 4 total a day.
>>
>>40432592

I typically do 2 scoops. Sometimes 3 if I blow off a meal and I need to make up a protein deficit.
>>
I'm going into meal prep and I'm a little lost on what meals I'm actually prepping for? Should I be prepping my breakfast? Lunch and dinner? Or should I only be doing one of those and cooking the rest of my meals daily
>>
This is kind of a stupid question, but how do you engage your lower abs? When I do planks / ab wheel only the top half of my abs feel sore. Am I doing them wrong?
>>
Alright I really need to know /fit/... Do anti estrogen's work or are they just a meme?
>>
>>40432693
Concentrate on tensing your entire core. Top to bottom, if you don't feel it still, tense harder
>>
>>40433019
Cool I'll give it a shot thanks man
>>
All of the older men in my family have full heads of hair

I'm 24 and I feel like my hair is falling out in clumps every time I run my fingers through it

I want to go to a doctor for this but I haven't seen a doctor in five years so I have no idea how that works. What type of doctor do I need? What do I ask for?
>>
>>40432986
meme
>>
>>40432657
you can prep anything, what stupid question is this
>>
>>40433147
I know I can prep anything but like what is the way that most people do it? I'm just trying to wrap my head around the most effective way to do it though
>>
>>40433188

Literally just do it however you want. Some prep only certain meals (like lunch because of work or whatever), some prep literally every meal.
>>
>>40433188
just cook when you eat unless you dont have time

I only prep once per week for 1 meal since I have to lunch outside home
>>
>>40433231
>>40433203
I'm running into time issues being a college student trying to have a good social life+gym+good grades. So I have been eating out far more often than I like. I'll probably prep lunch/dinner and then prepare my own breakfast daily
>>
Is there any reason to try Phenibut rather than just to satisfy my curiosity? The sample is cheap and I can't see a downside. Not to brag but I've got some steadfast willpower so I'm not worried about getting out of control with it.
>>
File: trust.png (278KB, 640x715px) Image search: [Google]
trust.png
278KB, 640x715px
>>40433354
>I've got some steadfast willpower
why do you even want to take it?
>>
>>40433393
Seems like it might be fun just to give it a try. I enjoy drinking occasionally, I've heard it's like that minus all the shitty parts.
>>
what are some best books regarding strength training, programming and anatomy?
>>
Newbie cardio fag here, I can do about 20 push ups, 30 odd sit ups- for the job I want I need to be able to do fifty of both. What's the best way to build up to this?
>>
>>40433433
The Science and Practice of Strength Training by Vladimir M Zatsiorsky
>>
>>40433449
http://www.kbnj.com/FighterPullupByPavel.htm can be applied to any bodyweight exercise, just do the math
>>
>>40433453
I read it regularly, I want to read some books too
>>
Can we talk about soreness? Is it a sign of an effective workout, or does it mean fuck all?

I've been lifting for a year and a half. Sometimes I get sore, sometimes I don't. Just wondering if it's any real gauge. I've read conflicting things.
>>
>>40433497
Cheers mate
>>
>>40433512
I haven't gotten sore in 1.5 years but all my lifts are above 1/2/3/4 so I don't think it matters. When I did get sore I was program hopping though.
>>
>>40433433
This >>40433525
>>
>>40433559
Anytime lad. Consider reading his Naked Warrior book even if bodyweight stuff is not your main focus, fun stuff.
>>
I want to keep getting stronger on my compounds and acessories but want to drop out squats since my leg size is pretty nice
my lifts are all past intermediate phase

what program should I move onto now
>>
>>40433525
>>40433597
Do you guys have torrent for this?
>>
Hi /fit/ how does this routine look? Based on Lyle Mcdonald's generic bulking program.

Mon: Lower
Squat: 3-4X6-8/3' (3-4 sets of 6-8 with a 3' rest)
Romanian Deadlift: 3-4X6-8/3'
Leg Press: 2-3X10-12/2'
Lying Leg Curl: 2-3X10-12/2'
Calf raise: 3-4X6-8/3'
Hanging Leg Raises: 1-2X12-15/1.5'

Tue: Upper
Flat bench: 3-4X6-8/3'
Barbell Row: 3-4X6-8/3'
Incline Dumbbell Press: 2-3X10-12/2'
Lat Pulldown: 2-3X10-12/2’
Lateral Raises: 2X10-12/2'
Overhead Tri extension: 1-2X12-15/1.5'
Barbell Curl: 1-2X12-15/1.5'
Rear Delt Flyes 1-2X12-15/1.5’

Thurs: Lower
Deadlift: 3X3-5/3'
Front Squat: 3-4X6-8/3'
Lying Leg Curl: 2-3X10-12/2'
Leg Extension: 2-3X10-12/2'
Calf raise: 2-3X10-12/2'
Cable crunches: 1-2X12-15/1.5'

Fri: Upper
OHP: 3-4X6-8/3'
Pullups: 3-4X6-8/3’
Flat DB Bench: 2-3X10-12/2'
Cable Row: 2-3X10-12/2’
Flyes: 2x10-12/2'
Triceps Pushdown: 1-2X12-15/1.5'
Incline DB Curl: 1-2X12-15/1.5’
Face Pulls: 1-2x12-15/1.5'

For the big lifts I'm gonna add weight whenever I can hit 8 reps in the first set and stay in the rep range on the next few sets. For the isolation I was just gonna try add reps week to week. How does it look?
>>
>>40433614
looks good brah
U/L master race
>>
what if I skip breakfast(around 7:30am) and just drink a cup of coffee and then just lunch at 1pm?

would be nice to save some kcals to eat big at lunch on my cut
>>
Where did the /sig/ threads go?
>>
>>40433675
yes one of the advantages of intermittent fasting
>>
>>40433675

As long as you get enough calories throughout the day, you're good.
>>
>>40433604
I don't think there are any compound-focused programs that don't have squats. You're probably going to have to design your own
>>
>>40433610
I'll put it on mega.nz/, wait a minute.
>>
This is mad, but the answer to this question determines whether or not I read SS tonight or whether or not I wait another two years.

What transferable skills can I gain by going to a gym?

Long story short, I'm a student who's trying to cover all of the gaps in my CV but I've already milked all of my current opportunists dry and I don't want to spend all of my time in a job interview only talking about 2 or 3 different things I've done. This means that I need to start something new, and I'm hoping that I can kill two birds with one stone and get /fit/ while I'm at it.
>>
>>40433597
>>40433741
> mega nz/#F!ulx0ADDB!TwwJ_PVWT7DHTFkQ9DvYHA
>>
I'm 143 lbs. Do I need to bulk? If so, how much?
>>
>>40425858
fatty here

started out at 204 lbs at 5'4 and am currently 194lbs how long can i potentially continue losing around 10lbs a month? i want to be 145 by august thx
>>
>>40433753
get strong for a martial art? possibly mma?
also read pp
>>
>>40433787
I'm also 6'0''
>>
>>40433048
Bump
>>
>>40433787
30 lb while doing the ss version from the sticky
>>
>>40433824
Thanks brah
>>
>>40432537
Well I guess its not a hernia then, I'm still gonna take a week off lifting just to be safe.
>>
Is two pounds of weight loss a week too extreme a goal for some skinny fat trying to get to 10% bf?
>>
>>40433966
a pound a week is normal
I'd say if you eat healthy and count your calories precisely and don't expect much beginner gains it should be doable
>>
i'm just not happy with my progress. i don't think it's my training. i think it's me not eating enough. i don't know how to increase my appetite. should i just start eating pizza and drinking milk?
>>
>>40433772
thanks mate
>>
>>40433992
>i think it's me not eating enough
count your calories

>should i just start eating pizza
no

>and drinking milk?
yes
>>
>>40433787
Are you lifting? Then Yes you do.

If you aren't lifting? Then Yes you do.

You sound like the poster child for auschwitz mode
>>
>>40433796
Its going to slow down quite a bit the closer you get. My suggestion for you is not to aim for 145 by August but instead aim for 160 then use the rest of the year to get to 145 from August to Dec.
>>
My school plan has changed. I can workout on mon - wen - fri 1. week and tue - thurs - sat 2. week . Will it hinder my progress ?
>>
>>40434038
No. Just do full body 3 times a week on the days you can, shouldn't be any issues.
>>
Any body have that ab work out progression infographic? Saw it a few days ago
>>
How much tuna canned tuna is too much to be safe? Like if I ate 8 cans a week, would I be fucking my shit up?
>>
>>40425858
Does anyone have a good UL program they can recommend?
>>
>>40434232
Depends on where your at in training? New, Novice, Late Novice/Intermediate?

PHUL is pretty fun. I like 531 if your looking for something you can run for a long time. Both are better for late novice, intermediate though.

The Candito programs are all solid.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks a grapefruit would sting like a mother?
>>
>>40434256
Probably around novice/late novice.

Thanks, I'll check all of those out!
>>
>>40434224
I eat 2 cans a day so 14 a week and the leprechaun king told me I'm perfectly fine.
>>
>>40427633
>Not eating your own shit so the gainz can't escape
>>
File: sleep hack.jpg (41KB, 960x842px) Image search: [Google]
sleep hack.jpg
41KB, 960x842px
Thoughts on this routine? Main lift rotate between 5x5 or 3x8 and isolation exercises will be 12-15x3/5 sets

>diddly + abs
>bench + chest x2-3 isolation exercises
>squats + quads x2-3 isolation exercises
>ohp + chest x2-3 isolation exercises
>squats + hams x2-3 isolation exercises
>row/pull + back x2-3 isolation exercises
>>
>>40429099
Not they are nature's candy and should only be eaten sparingly.
>>
How do I do a hook grip? It should be simple enough but I'm not feeling the thumb pain that every source tells me I normally should, and I'm still struggling at 90kg x 8 diddly's

If I lower my reps to 5 will that cover my grip strength weakness?
>>
>>40434318
Doesn't seem necessary bad or good. It seems kind of like what your looking for though is a Push, Pull, Legs that rotates Deadlifts and Rows on the "Pull" day. You should look at those instead. Move Ab work to your leg days.
>>
>>40434404
>90kg x 8 diddly's
Why?
>>
>>40434404
Thumb on the bar, your middle finger of the same hand, pressing against your nail of your thumb, your index finger roughly speaking at the "knuckle" of your thumb. Other 2 fingers just kind of exist. If you are able to hold the weight and do sets of 8, then your grip is fine.

If your failing at that weight due to your grip its going to come down to just more grip volume. Rows, deadlifts, farmer walks, etc. Look up Alan Thrall's video on Hook Grip on Youtube it should show you if your doing it right or not.
>>
Assuming that money is no object, why is an actual gym better than a home gym?
>>
>>40434471
Why not?

>>40434491
I'm doing 4 sets. Today I could do the first set just fine but the other 3 I could only do 6 before my grip slipped.

>Rows, deadlifts, farmer walks, etc.
I'm already doing pendlay and cable rows. Maybe I'll add some farmer walks too.

>Look up Alan Thrall's video on Hook Grip on Youtube
Hopefully that will fix it. I love the dude but never knew he had a video dedicated to hook grip.
Thanks breh
>>
>>40434552
>Why not?
Because doing deads for hypertrophy is useless
>>
>>40434568
lol whatever you say
>>
File: 1398060629678.jpg (8KB, 245x206px) Image search: [Google]
1398060629678.jpg
8KB, 245x206px
Have any of you anons ever lost a lot of weight and then had coccyx problems from losing that fat ass? Does strengthening glutes help at all?
>>
>>40434550
It isn't, outside confidence boost when people mire.

I wanted to build a home gym and have some spots but It would take decades to pay off, a decent power cage is over 1 year of membership(I pay 30euro per month and an extra 10 yearly for insurance), then the weights, bars, some dumbbells and a bench phew.
not to mention the space i'd built would need a bit of changes around
>>
>>40434550
Even within the context of not having unlimited money I prefer my home gym to an actual gym. Don't get me wrong there are some things I wish I had access to on a regular basis - reverse hypers, glute ham raise, pec deck, etc.

But overall you can find pretty comparable substitutes with what you have. I am also a big fan of super setting things in between movements, usually antagonist things. So when I bench, between sets ill do some 1 arm DB rows. Between OHP ill do lat work. Between Rows I might do incline db presses. For me, it means less dead time "waiting" 3-5 minutes between sets on my ass and wasting time and I don't believe it impacts my workout very much. It does take some getting used to but I really enjoy it. Doing that at a gym would be difficult to impossible.
>>
File: trump pence.jpg (67KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
trump pence.jpg
67KB, 683x1024px
>>40434463
My squats are lagging behind so I wanted to use those days to focus a lot on my legs. Should I do that and abs? Maybe squats + 1 leg + 1 ab?
>>
>>40434568
I disagree. The only problem with volume deads is that extra tax it can put on the lower back. And while I don't necessary totally agree with doing reps over 5 using a significant amount of wait, I don't see anything wrong using a lighter load to do reps of 8-10.

Although, I personally use a trap deadlift bar for higher volume work which again puts less straight on the lower back due to the way your positioning. So maybe that's why.
>>
>>40434624
what's it like to lift barefoot and in just shorts alongside your doggo?
sometimes I want to kill someone when some dyel skelly chick spends over a fucking hour in the squat rack/smith machine hybrid(sadly youc an only pick one at a time) doing random ass meme-tier exercises with lightweight and rotating the whole fucking gym machines while she leaves the weights and towel on there as a sign of "im here"
>>
>>40434644
Honestly it really is going to come down to what you want out of your program. If you feel like your legs are a lagging part and want to dedicate to them without cutting other exercises, then by all means.

Just for me looking at your program having a deadlift/ab day seems kind of like a waste by itself. Most people tend to focus to much on the front (chest, front delts, etc) and not enough time on the back. So having 2 back days (pull), 2 front days (push) creates (IMO) a better balance to your physique. Legs and abs go well enough together. Now again if you feel like your legs are lagging, by all means, keep it, or even move your ab work to your back day and keep legs the same.

The thing is, unless your doing a crazy ab routine there isn't any real reason it should be to exhausting on your system unless your overall work capacity is low.

Personally speaking I do an Upper/Lower (4 days) and don't have any dedicated "abs" routine. All I do is between sets on my lower days I do some ab work during my rest time. So i'll do a set of squats, then some oblique work. When I do deadlifts between sets ill do more core work. But again, whatever works for you is best.
>>
>>40434651
The muscles trained by the deadlift don't lend themselves to much benefit by bodybuilding/aesthetic standards in comparison to other lifts that train similar musculature (i.e. the squat). You could make an argument about increasing the workload by increasing the reps, but you're better off training beyond the 8-12 hypertrophy reps if that is your goal.
>>
>>40434654
It's pretty awesome. I can blast music I want, don't have to wear headphones, super setting exercises has been great. On nicer days ill open the door and windows and have fresh air. I can keep the temperature how I want it, which is nice in the winter because after working out I tend to get sweaty. Be as loud as I feel like.

The only real downsides, is no eye candy to look at (but let's be honest, that's what the internet is for). Or nobody to mire (but I live in Florida, so ill hit the beach if I need that). Video taping workouts to check my form is easy and doesn't look weird or creepy. And honestly I check craigslist in my area and have picked up tons of shit cheap. Overall A+ would recommend.
>>
File: home defense kit.jpg (27KB, 500x405px) Image search: [Google]
home defense kit.jpg
27KB, 500x405px
>>40434692
Thanks m8. I'd like to focus on my legs for sure and I haven't done any ab specific exercises for months, so thought I'd throw that in there. On my deadlift days, I tend to do 45 minutes of deadlifts so I'm pretty exhausted afterwards, but totally open to tweaks. My back is much stronger than my chest, so wanted to do another chest oriented day since I haven't done OHP for months either.

What would your Upper/Lower four day split look like with the layout of my original post here: >>40434318
>>
>>40434716
Seeing as deadlifts hit about everything, I disagree. Upper back / Traps is great for that. yes I know someone is going to immediately respond with rack pulls above the knees (alphadestiny plzgo).

With that being said, not everybody is aiming for youtube fitness model bodies. I would say the amount of reps is not a big deal if your total volume is high enough. But again, i simply disagree they are useless. But to each their own.
>>
>>40434716
To add to >>40434763
It's not like I'm purely training for hypertrophy, I want strength too

Though I'd do deadlifts anyhow I reckon. They are way too good.
>>
>>40429152
An excel sheet that has every session set up already
>>
File: muscular-legs.jpg (27KB, 650x360px) Image search: [Google]
muscular-legs.jpg
27KB, 650x360px
Can I get muscular legs only with calisthenics? I'm too autistic to go the gym and I know calisthenics build upper body really well so I don't wanna have chicken legs
>>
>>40434759
Well first its going to come down to what you want and please don't assume this is perfect or anything, its just really for me about finding balance. Some people simply can't deadlift and squat in the same workout.

Lower A
-Squat (3-5 sets)(5-8 reps)
-Deadlift (3-5 sets)(5-8 reps) 75-80% of Lower B Deadlift
-1 Hamstring, 1 Quad (Or 2 Hamstring)

Upper A
Bench (3-5 sets)(5-8 reps)
OHP (3 sets)(8-12 reps)
Pendlay Row (3-5 sets)(5-8 reps)
Pullups/Chinups (3 sets)(8-12 reps)
-Tricep/Biceps (3 sets)(8-15 reps) (Optional)

Lower B
-Deadlifts (1-2 sets)(5 reps)
-Squats (3-5 sets)(8-12 reps) (75-80% of Lower A weight)
-1 Hamstring, 1 Quad (or 2 Quads if you did 2 Hamstrings on A)

Upper B
Bench (3 sets)(8-12 reps)
OHP (3-5 sets)(5-8 reps)
Row (3 sets)(8-12 reps) [Any Variation]
Weighted Pullups/Chinups (3 sets)(5-8 reps reps)
-Facepulls, Lateral Raises (3 sets)(8-15 reps) (Optional)
>>
>>40434915
>I know calisthenics build upper body really well
This is just wrong. With calisthenics you can see some progress early on, but the ceiling is really low; all the people who only do BW work and look good only look good because they have low BF. Get over yourself and move some iron
>>
File: still-rings.jpg (31KB, 468x468px) Image search: [Google]
still-rings.jpg
31KB, 468x468px
>>40435016
sure
>>
>>40435048
anything works when roiding, the reason those roided beasts at my gym do shitty brosplits and then mire my heavy ass rack pulls, deadlifts and squats from a ottermode dude
>>
>>40435048
>tfw forearms thicker than my calves
why even live

>>40435068
most bw fags actually are natty (guy in pic actually is) or if ever only roid in homeopathic doses for muh strength and endurance, mass gains are very detrimental to this stuff and more or less an accepted side effect
>>
What's the most braindead easy routine, that any retard could do despite terrible mobility?
>>
>>40435048
Calisthenics isn't gymnastics training
>>
I get lower back pain whenever i squat/DL eventhough ive dropped the weight to pretty much BW on both. i watch my form and my lower back is flat throughout the movement

am i just broken?
>>
>>40435127
Possibly, but it could also be that you're using a form not suited for your body proportions leading to more strain on the lower back. If you've got a form video, we can probably help you out more
>>
>>40435100
improve your mobility
>>
Can I gain some strength while losing weight if I've never been in shape in my life? My muscles are pretty weak from underuse and I'm just wondering if they're going to improve at all while I lose weight or if I have to wait until I start trying to build muscle.
>>
>>40435099
>>40435111
please answer original question then
>>
>>40435206
You can gain strength while losing weight. You can also gain muscle while losing weight. Both of these however do not last very long (in the grand scheme of things). So yes you can. But understand it won't last forever and that from a "optimal" standpoint its not optimal for either. Especially as you get closer and closer to your actual strength max.
>>
How do I go for a bench PB with no spotter or pins? I feel like I'm gonna kill myself if something goes wrong, but I want to progress.
>>
>>40435226
Your original question is based on a flawed understanding of your chosen training methodology. Without roids and/or a retarded amount of training volume, you're not going to develop that strong or big of a body.

Get over your autismo, or get used to your body the way it is
>>
>>40435287
is it a 1RM with shitty powerlifting form or is a solid set of 5 with good controlled form and big range of motion? I did the roll of shame 4 times in three years and I still live
>>
>>40435287
Learn how to do the roll of shame. Basically you roll it down your abs to your legs and stand up in a quasi-deadlift. Make sure the weights are clipped if you're doing this
>>
File: cap.png (245KB, 515x620px) Image search: [Google]
cap.png
245KB, 515x620px
I do only train my legs only once a week, yet they are the strongests muscle group that i have (see pic. related), is this normal? Also do i have to do in order to have stronger hamstrings? (I already do hamstring curls)
>>
>>40435340
That's normal. Legs are almost always the strongest group for anyone.
>>
File: dyel.png (146KB, 651x633px) Image search: [Google]
dyel.png
146KB, 651x633px
>>40435332
do you even
>>
I need time off lifting to sort out bowel ache and discomfort in case its a strain on my abdomen.
will 2-3 weeks off affect my gains much?
>>
>>40435099
gymnasts are NOT natural
>>
>>40425858
Can someone explain the grapefruit meme?

I see it often on r/bb
>>
>>40435340
SS standards are comparatively sparing on the legs
iirc you need 1pl8 ohp and 2pl8 bench to be intermediate but much less than 3 for squat and 4 for diddly
>>
>>40435365
Man in my power back if I set the pins where they are it interferes with my range of motion, so I set them 1 below. I've tested (obviously not with wait) but it would save it from dropping me completely on my throat but it would still hit my chest and require the roll of shame (if I had to).

But yeah, like this poster, I don't "lock" my weights on bench press in case i have to dump plates, i've cleared both sides of my rack to make sure...just in case. Although I don't typically train to failure or test my 1rm.
>>
File: Lance_Vance--article_image.jpg (15KB, 418x250px) Image search: [Google]
Lance_Vance--article_image.jpg
15KB, 418x250px
Hey, /fit/.

I've been lifting now for 3 months on a PPL brosplit routine. I'm planning on transitioning to a full body workout. My routines would be:

A:
Flat bench 3x5
Overhead 3x5
Squat 3x5
Flys 3x8
Incline DB press 3x8
Lateral DB shoulder rises 3x10
Skullcrushers 3x8

B:
Bent over row 3x5
Diddy 3x5
Cable pull down 3x8
Calf rises 3x10
Machine shrug 3x10
DB row 3x8
DB curl 3x8

A week's program would look like AxBxAxx, with the next week being BxAxBxx. I also incorporate back extensions and crunches to every workout varying them a bit. Every workout starts with the compounds and the associated warm-up sets.

My goal is to loose weight, gain strength and some definition. I'm aiming for for strength than aesthetics.

Also, when I get stronger, I'll swap the cable pull downs to actual pull ups. Same for skull crushers, I'll replace them with dips.

Is this kind of program pants/on/head retarded?
>>
>>40435365
He's talking about a different way to get out instead of the shame roll. If you're rolling it you need the clips because it needlessly increases risk to yourself and others if you're unintentionally sliding the weights off as the bar moves closer to your hips.

Both methods are valid for bailing out, but rolling shouldn't be done without clips
>>
File: 1485812875966.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1485812875966.gif
2MB, 500x281px
Is lifting for the pump a meme?
>>
>>40435226
Technically yes, but boyyyyyy is it going to take ages.
>>
>>40435453
>>40435453
To be honest with you (and please keep in mind this is just my opinion and thoughts, don't take it as gospel or anything), however, this program looks like what I see online alot and is the kitchen sink approach that people relatively new to lifting seem to take.

What I mean is the goal is to do every thing at once because it seems like that it should work, but the reality is it seems to lack focus or any real understanding of how they apply to your goals. In essence, there is lots of fluff when you don't need fluff. You need base. Now don't get me wrong, you do have the base exercises in there that everybody (basically) is going to suggest, however, so your program WILL work. Mostly because for novice lifters just about anything will work. But it works despite that and not because of that factor.
>>
File: 1486682479394.jpg (173KB, 1059x1331px) Image search: [Google]
1486682479394.jpg
173KB, 1059x1331px
>>40434951
Thank you. I will give this a go and see how it works out.
>>
how to do dumbbell flyes without my elbow hurting like fuck?
>>
>>40435489
Not if you lift at least 1/2/3/4, still track your volume (to ensure progressive overload), and only care about hypertrophy

You do more volume at higher reps

Do setsxrepsxload (how to calculate volume) with 3x5, 3x8, 3x15, 3x20 of your respective RMs

The higher the rep, the more total volume, even if the load is lower.

Stay above 60% of your 1rm for compound lifts, though
>>
Is doing cardio while bulking counterproductive?
>>
>>40435769
not fully locking it, not using more weight than you can safely do for all reps, not grinding reps for ego
>>
>>40435885
Heart health is never counterproductive. You may need to eat slightly more because of what your burning, but meh.
>>
>>40435888
First ofly, I can cleanly rep 60s, but even when i drop to 20s, it still hurts like fuck and I don't even feel like the babyweight is doing anything to my chest.

Second ofly, i never lockout my elbows, not even close. I tried changing the angle but it didnt help until they were at almost 90 degrees, and at that point thet ROM was so shit it felt more like a half rep press than anything else.

I am really trying to add chest isolations because the chest gains have slowed since intermediate level, and I only really have free weight because homegym
>>
>>40435910
>I don't understand gene expression, nutrient partitioning, cortisol/test, or leptin/ghrelin: the post
Anaerobic cardio is fine
Aerobic cardio (or really any use of the oxidative system outside of NEPA) will contribute to fat gain
>>
>>40435885
I think, theoretically, it should be. you are burning calories while you are trying to gain weight. But if you can eat more after you do cardio, that is something else.
>>
>>40435951
>I have been lifting and studying nutrition for all of a week now, and so feel confident giving nutritional advice
>>
I'm doing SL at the moment, little over a month in. My legs have already grown to about the size I want them to be, but my arms have barely grown at all. Thinking about switching out squats every other day for bench, what do you guys think?
>>
>>40435948
>1 line question
>1 line answer

The fuck did you expect? Go ahead and post your book of data backing up your bullshit and then jackoff to how autistic you are. At least if your going to disagree with my response, respond to the original fucking poster and explain why you think your right.

Your autism is on another level bro.
>>
>>40436063
>if you are going to correct an incorrect post, respond to the post you aren't correcting
..and I am the autist??
I guarantee the asker of the question can follow the linked posts.
But I was responding to you,not him.
Because you are the idiot giving out misleading advice, not him.

If you had the compulsion to only give a "1 line answer"
You could have said as little as
"Anaerobic only" and been correct
>>
>>40436094
Did you miss the part where you said he was on a bulk? Do you know what actually happens on a bulk? You gain fat. So the fact that your answer is that he shouldn't do what I said because he is going to gain fat is literally fucking stupid because he is going to gain fat anyways...because he is on a bulk.
>>
>>40436061
No. You should do the program for longer then a month before you make changes on it. Come back after you've been on a program for 6-8 months. Ask again then.
>>
>>40436120
I did read he was bulking.
You still want to manipulate nutrient partitioning to preferentiate lean mass over adipose tissue.

In fact anabolic states (i.e. Bulking) is EXACTLY when you want to do everything to minimize fat gain.

You will gain fat either way.

Fun fact: anaerobic activity contributes to protein synthesis, whereas aerobic detracts.

And that is outside of other detriments like
-cortisol build up/ retention (which in turb suppresses test/igf-1 production - which are associated with muscle growth. It also promotes additional fat retention)
-gene expression
-nutrient partitioning
-ghrelin/leptin regulatory disruption

Basically, stop acting like you aren't dumb and wrong
>>
>>40436120
If you gain fat on a bulk either way, why do something that makes you get fatter? That just makes your bulk end faster.
Not even that guy but your logic makes no sense desu senpai
>>
>>40436167
Stop acting like you have some PHD in exercise science and physiology and aren't just another autistic on /fit/.

A guy asks about doing cardio and you start bring up a bunch of bullshit without citing shit to proof how smart you are. Hence why I called you autistic. Your ability to socially interact with a person and answer a person's question directly is a sign of your inability to relate and interact with people. Get that checked out.
>>
File: frame-photo.jpg (71KB, 480x288px) Image search: [Google]
frame-photo.jpg
71KB, 480x288px
What is the best way to train if I wanna minimize my wide hips?
>>
>>40436186
Because simply put, in our society we sit to much and don't move enough. I can only guess that nearly 100% of every single person on this board would benefit from moving more and sitting less. Adding movement (you can call it anaerobic or aerobic or whatever you want is going to have benefits regardless of bulk, cut, maintenance.

The fact is the guy asked if he should do cardio. That has a million things that could mean. He could mean running, he could mean walking, he could mean sled drags or prowler pushes, he could mean a marathon or half marathon, he could mean literally walking around the block a few times.

All of these are going to benefit him as they would likely benefit every single person on this board who has a office job or goes to school and sits a shitton.
>>
>>40436203
>Stop acting like you have some PHD in exercise science and physiology
I am not.
I am acting like you are giving bad advice.

Autists on /fit/ correct idiot DYELs.
Welcome to /fit/

If anything digging up scientific literature to cite my sources for easily googlable knowledge would be acting pretentious and "like a PhD in exercise science and physiology"
>>
>>40436023
read this again and realize what an autist you are. I was just telling my humble opinion, you fat fuck; not declaring myself as a fitness guru. How do people like you manage show yourself BETA even on internet man? Do you really have that much of low self esteem?
>>
>>40436251
None of this runs against the fact you should ONLY do anaerobic cardio
>>
>>40436234

Lose weight and/or work on broadening your shoulders and gaining some mass on your lats.
>>
>>40436292
No, but you have clearly been lifting for less than a month.
I just called you out because DYELs need not give advice
>>
what are some appetite suppressants? I can't stand the taste of coffee (generally go for 5 hour energy shots just to get it over with in the morning to wake up).
>>
File: IMG_4101.jpg (145KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4101.jpg
145KB, 640x640px
>>40436234
This:
>>40436301
+ stomach vacuums to narrow the waist.
Wide hips are (except in EXTREME cases) aesthetic if you have a narrow enough waist
>>
>>40436313
yeah like i won't fold you like a napkin on street. lifting more than 3 years btw. does that even mea something you faggy
>>
>>40436328
Caffeine pills, genius.
>>
>>40436349
Post three years of gains, DYEL

Also legit down to spar/fight if your internet tough guy memes are sincere and you are in CA
>>
>>40436293
Well damn i did aerobic cardio, I let my heart rate get to high, guess tomorrow I will be 50 lbs heavier. If only you had posted this yesterday I could of been saved.
>>
Been lifting 3 months and I'm neither lean nor fat. If I try to go ottermode this summer will it work or will I just look skinny? I'm 5'9" 153lb
>>
>>40436383
murican of course, why i am not suprised?
why is this a pissing contest? What gave you the assumption that i am DYEL (that's also a retarded term btw).
You burn calories during a cardiovascular exercise, you want to gain weight when you bulk, it is simple and logical like that. I don't say cardio is bad or bulking is bad. How retarded you must be to deduce that i am DYEL(!) from that? You should see a shrink.
>>
>>40436522
KEK never before have I seen this much butthurt from a retarded DYEL
is this your first day on 4chan or something?
>>
>>40436470
Lift high volume and maintain calories, sleep enough and eat well.
If you want to be 'beach body ready' muscle volume is less important than muscle definition.
Keep going, and you'll make it.
>>
File: IMG_4120.png (62KB, 218x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4120.png
62KB, 218x200px
>>40436522
>>
>>40436553
no you are retarded, i didn't give nutritional advice.
>>
>>40427576
Coolcicada ppl
>>
I'm looking to cut after my 2 month bulk. I'm 5'9 172 lbs and I'm looking to drop 15 - 20 lbs. Any tips on how I should go about this without losing too much muscle?
>>
I'm so lost in these fags arguing. Are they saying cardio is bad and makes you fat?
>>
The texas method as presented by Rippetoe in this article
https://www.t-nation.com/training/texas-method

says deadlifts on monday at 90% 5rm and Cleans on friday for 5x3. For deadlifts, how am I supposed to do 90% of 5rm? I only do 1 set a week, at 90% 5rm.. Should I just add weight every week?

For cleans, he doesn't say how to load. Do I just add weight every week?
>>
bulk or cut

making good gainz, lifts going up pretty steadily, but started to gain quite some of bellyfat too. I'm not really too concerned about abs, but at what point do I cut?
>>
>>40436819
op here

or do I just bulk with a bit less calories? Will it be as efficient?
>>
stop responding to the guy calling everyone retarded and repeating the same claim over and over

you guys are too fucking easy to troll
>>
>>40436839
Shut up retarded
>>
Complete beginner, what is the best way to pick a gym?
>>
I need routine help. Due to severely misaligned hips I can't safely squat or deadlift for the time being (or do any other compounds that engage the full posterior chain). Stat-wise I'm a beginner, so what should I do? Some sort of ppl? I can totally go 5-6 days a week but don't want to if it's not necessary; just not sure how good full body training is without the main compounds.
>>
>>40437593
You mean how to choose one? Just make sure they have a squat rack and benches lol; that's literally it
>>
Anyone here on Klonopin / Clonazepam? how does it effect you in regards to fitness?
>>
>>40437593
Look at a balance of equipment, location, cost and the people there. You want well maintained equipment that are safe to use most of all. Location and cost are relative to you and what you want/need, so up to you. Staff and people there are also up to you, but kind of important in that if they make you feel unwanted there is literally no point since you'll stop going.
>>
>>40436717
Go for 1 pound a week. You'll suffer longer but not as bad, especially if you are actually working out and adding cardio to help account for the calorio. Protons are most important to keep up during this, so keep 1 g per lb. After that, get 20-30% of your remaining calories from fats and the rest carbs. Keeping protons will keep you full longer and help retain muscle mass.

You WILL lose strength. Deload as needed to make sure you're doing the reps. Full sets over higher weight.

>>40436819
You're going to put on some fat purely as a part of getting mass. Check your bf percentage and keep it below 20%, preferably 15-18% max unless you really want to be strong. Then go full strongfat.
>>
>>40437674
I can't get motivated to focus on any of my interests when I'm on just a 1/4th of a klonopin. It's just a tranquilizer for me. I can't see how anyone would have motivation to work out or try hard in their sets.
>>
Ok guys so I know to measure my food weight before cooking as that's what the facts on label are based on. I just feel like the facts on label are wrong after grilling. For instance a shit ton of fat melts off a steak when grilling and I know that effects the calories per oz. Also my chicken breast lost almost 100 grams of weight before and after grilling. Help
>>
Q: Why are people on this thread so angry?
>>
>>40438315
steroids
>>
>>40425858
do door mounted pull up bars fuck up the door frame? i weigh ~75kg
>>
>>40437754
You're losing a bit of water for example when cooking chicken breast. Shit doesn't use calories, but does take up mass. As fr the girlling and fat loss fuck if I know. Just got to keep cooking and see how it affects you. Don't be a pussy.
>>
>>40433048
Bump
>>
>>40438376

Generally, no, if the frame is solid/sturdy. I weigh about the same and have been using a pull-up bar on my door for months with no sign of damage
>>
>>40438379
More curiosity it is a huge difference though. I can get 3/8 to half inch fat on a new York strip down to maybe 1/8 inch if you flip it so that the fat layer is on the grill surface for couple minutes. And if we assume 9 cals for gram of fat that's big numbers.
>>
I plan on running a 10 miler in May, but I'm not sure how to train for it given my goals. I've been running for a year and can run a 24 minute 5k. My long runs have been around 8 miles, and I do around 20 miles/week. I would like to be able to run the 10 miles in under an 8:30 pace.
I've been looking at http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51128/15-K-Training-Guide-Intermediate-Program, but it peaks at a 9 mile long run, but I'm already doing 8 milers. What would be the best way forward for increasing milage and improving my speed?
>>
Last Sunday, I focused on my biceps for the first time and did a lot of curls. I had doms for like 3-4 days. If I were to do that same workout again with the same intensity, but a week later (today) and the doms have healed, would I get doms again or will my arms be used to that now?
>>
File: 20170219_222621.jpg (887KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170219_222621.jpg
887KB, 3264x1836px
>>40425858
Are there specific accessories that hit the part of my tri that's pictured? I only hit tris with bench and skullcrushers and was wondering.

My max 3x5 on bench is 185, so maybe i just need to bench more
Thread posts: 283
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.