[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 37

File: Cql8Ggb.png (264KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
Cql8Ggb.png
264KB, 480x368px
Old one >>40396281

Mass VS Strength

Is it high volume lower weight for mass building as opposed to strength or was that broscience?

I do not want to lift super heavy, just build bigger muscles.
>>
File: eric helms beginner.png (76KB, 712x453px) Image search: [Google]
eric helms beginner.png
76KB, 712x453px
>>40417783
>Is it high volume lower weight for mass building as opposed to strength or was that broscience?
That's true. If you lift very heavy weights, you'll get big too; but what makes the most of hypertrophy is high volume. You gotta lift somewhat heavy weights to get big, tho (1/2/3/4 or near this).

Eric Helms' book has a very good beginner program, pic related. Btw, you're new to lifting and want to learn something, that's the book I'd recommend.
>>
>>40417783
Thinking of doing the routine pic related, but 5x5 for main lifts.

Progress 5/10lbs weekly.

Arms/shoulders day added on Saturday

Any thoughts on it?
>>
So I've been back squatting for about a year now with no issues. In the last week I've started getting weird twinges in my knees. I'll feel it like momentarily in one knee while sitting down or something, then it'll go away and I won't feel anything for a while.

Sometimes it's one knee, sometimes it's another. Sometimes above the knee, sometimes below.

Four weeks ago I started a routine that included front squats twice a week, which I hadn't done before, maybe it's related to that?

If this is something that'll develop into a knee injury I want to get ahead of it while it's still no big deal.

Anyone experience something like this?
>>
File: IMG_0279.jpg (571KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0279.jpg
571KB, 500x750px
>>40417783
>>
So i don't know if anons will get what I mean by this, but whats the best way to get started? I've read the sticky, looked into routines, own a copy of ss, etc. but I just don't know where to actually start. I am at college so I'd be using gym here. Should I ask the people there? I'm a mild sperg so I guess I might be making a bigger deal of this than it is. Also, how do people deal with anxiety of working out in public/where other people can see you? I have trouble with this.
>>
>>40418157
In regards to avoiding other people, find when your gym is not crowded. For college gyms, that's usually really early in the morning, or during peak classes time (e.g. from 10-2). Your mileage may very here depending on your campus. Also look around. Your college may have more than one gym. At my school, there is a small weightroom tucked away by the main rec center that is only open for a few hours during the night, and it's never crowded (because normies don't know about it).

As for getting started, best advice I can tell you is to bring a friend. Face it - you're gonna look like a sperglord if you've never set foot in a gym before and never touch a barbell before. But trust me, nobody else gives a shit - you're the only one who is going to give yourself trouble. Bring a friend with you so you can joke around and make you feel more comfortable. That's how I got started - going with a friend made it a lot less awkward.

If you don't have anyone to go with, just go in pretend you know what you're doing. Be confident in yourself
>>
File: killme.jpg (52KB, 600x812px) Image search: [Google]
killme.jpg
52KB, 600x812px
I'm such a turbo autist, I've been going to a gym thats open 24 hours mon-thurs, closes at midnight on friday, and 8pm on saturday and sunday.

So far i've been going at like 1-2am on mon/wed so I can be there alone. Today was the first day I tried going on friday and there were so many cars outside the gym i didn't even go inside.

How do I get over this fear of working out in front of strangers? It's so bad i'm considering just cancelling my membership and doing bodyweight routines or buying a home gym setup.

What do?
>>
File: IMG_0830.jpg (233KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0830.jpg
233KB, 640x480px
>>40418218
Therapy.
>>
Getting fit and eating right for the first time in my life, 21 years old. I look thin with clothes on but I'm probably 30 pounds overweight or more.

Anyways, my question is if I'm trying to lose weight first will I still be able to get stronger and improve my muscles at the same time? Not talking about making mad gains, my muscles are just weak as fuck since I've been so lazy and sedentary for years. I've been hitting the gym pretty much every day and for someone who hasn't really done any physical activity since middle school the workouts are super brutal for me to get through. I'm sticking to it but I'm wondering if it's gonna get easier or if it's gonna suck until I start really trying to gain muscle.
>>
File: 45889242736141p.jpg (77KB, 478x478px) Image search: [Google]
45889242736141p.jpg
77KB, 478x478px
>>40417783
are body analysis scales accurate? recently got one and it seems to be reading what i expected
>>
Is it possible to lose weight and regularly drink beer?
I understand the calorie deficit is the main thing fir weight loss but i know alcohol also makes it tricky
>>
Does masturbating a lot make body acne worse?
>>
>>40417783
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNJoL4jdGTs
>>
Does hypermobility syndrome affect how quickly you make gains?
>>
Where the fuck do you buy DNP?

Ive spent the last month reading about it but haven't been able to find a seller.
>>
>>40418218
p-p-pls respond
>>
>>40417783
What exactly is the safety minimum with calories? I've read it's 1200 but I'm not sure how that correlates with exercise because I think I remember reading you could burn off extra calories and still eat 1200.

Considering I'm a 6'3 male and weight 310 who has been eating clean 1200-1400 cals for the past week would it be ok for me to burn 400-600 calories exercising in a day without upping my daily consumed? I'm looking to lose weight as robotic and best as possible without seriously harming myself.

Thanks in advance
>>
>>40418439
Therapy. Therapy.
>>
Are there any vitamins I should take?
Would taking a diuretic and weighing myself in after be a proper way to measure my weight?
>>
I'm trying to get /fit/ without any equipment, I'm about 35% body fat. My workout every morning has been

>5x20 squats
>5x20 crunches
>5x10 raised push ups

Is this good or am I wasting my time?
>>
What should i focus on for rock climbing?
>>
>>40418439
You're not wrong, interacting at the gym can be awkward as fuck.

Working out as if you're alone is an art. Here are some tips
1) Headphones in, all the time. Makes it hard for people to talk to you. Hell, you can even pretend you don't hear people.
2) Keep your eyes on the floor while you walk around. Ever tried this on a sidewalk? People naturally avoid you if they think you're not looking because they don't want to bump into you.
3) Use your phone during rests and don't look at other people doing their sets.
4) Unless you're doing some retarded shit, no one is looking at you, just like you won't be looking at anyone else.

Hope this helps
>>
>>40418600
Good start, but if getting "big" is your plan and not just weight loss, then you're gonna want to transition to some dumbbell exercises. One of those multi-weight modular things are pretty cheap.
>>
>>40418611
Forearm related exercises
wrist curls, wrist extensions, maybe even some heavy shrugs (this can get to your forearms a lot if you're using the right grip)
>>
>>40418208
>nobody else gives a shit - you're the only one who is going to give yourself trouble.

truth
>>
>>40418598
weight gain / loss can vary more throughout the day than is "measurable" per week

every time you eat or drink, you're temporarily putting on weight, every time you piss or shit, you're losing some

the only way to weed out the fluctuations is to weigh yourself many times per day and then plot it in excel to see if there's a trend. it's easy to just weigh yourself when you wake up and again when you go to bed. get a digital scale
>>
>>40418343
Possible? Yes, but it's going to be a lot harder. I'd try to slow down if not cut out drinking until you reach your goal. If you must drink, do light beer or better yet hard liquor. One gram of alcohol is 7 calories. That means a shot is ~150 calories, assuming what Google says isn't a lie.
>>
>>40418598
a men's multivitamin is fine
>>
>>40418277
Shortening my question since I made it tl;dr

>never worked out in my life
>trying to lose weight with exercise and clean diet
>workouts suck extra hard since muscles are weak from underuse

Will I get any stronger while I lose weight as a beginner or will I be stuck lifting baby tier weights until I start trying to bulk?
>>
>>40418460
bruh the best diet is one you can stick to.... find something a little more sustainable
>>
>>40418343
liquid calories are the enemy of weight loss, they don't do a lot to satiate you. that said, calories in vs calories out is what determines weight loss. so at the end of the day, yeah totally possible to drink and diet, you're just gonna be hungrier than if you ate the same amount of calories as something more filling
>>
>>40418668
if weight loss is your goal, really focus on your diet first. Eating three oreo cookies or a soda is 150Cal. You're gonna have to run for 15 to 20 minutes straight to burn that off. Is it really worth it? I don't think so.

Track your weight when you start your new diet. Then, if it's working, start doing some simple bodyweight exercises or dumbbell stuff, just whatever you can manage at first. Track how much you can do, and once you see good progress, then you can start looking into more complex stuff

the best diet is one you can sustain for the rest of your life! don't do crazy starving shit for 2 months and then get back to binge-ing. Starting is the hardest part, you'll get used to moderation believe me

Keep it simple!
>>
Why are high socks with shorts a thing?
Why not ankle socks?
>>
>>40418703
people with small calves can't cope
>>
>>40418409

go to the private reddit and tell the mods you're from /fit/
>>
>>40418698
I think I'm doing alright with my diet, not eating junk food at all and am eating healthy meals I enjoy while tracking calories.

The problem I'm having isn't the diet it's that working out is hell since I have no strength or stamina because I've been a lazy piece of shit for so long. I'm wondering if I can get stronger while losing weight now or if I'm gonna be this weak until I try to gain weight in muscle.
>>
Anyone quit vaping?

I switched from smoking to vaping over a year ago and the difference was huge.
I'm wondering how much of a performance and recovery boost I'd get if I went the extra mile.
It should theoretically do something because nicotine restricts the blood vessels.

From experience, after finishing cardio there's a period of time where I can't vape or I'll hack it straight out again, so it can't really be doing me that much of a favour.
I'm mostly asking because financially it's not a burden and it tastes/smells nice while fighting off hunger.
>>
>>40418703
High socks save my shins on deadlift days and it's honestly really comfortable.
>>
>>40417783
1. Does it really matter what gym I join? Are there any notorious gyms to stay away from? A gym I quit years ago once claimed I owed them over a hundred dollars in membership fees even though I had quit, they eventually also got shut down 'cause they weren't paying their employees. I just want to make sure that I'm getting the most out of my money and that I won't get fucked over later.

2. I don't have a car, and most of the gyms in my area are about an hour away on foot.

Normally this wouldn't be a problem; I love walking, but I do have a problem with chafing. If I walk too much I get bad chafing on and around my thighs, which can be a killer for my routine and motivation. And not just /fit/ related, it pisses me off anytime I'm walking anywhere. Any tips?
>>
>>40418660

Doctors scale was at 200 with clothes and shoes on, but that is well too high. Haven't been close to that weight in a long time. It was a electric though, so probably needed to be calibrated.

The one in the locker room of the uni gym read 193 last monday and today it read 187 which weirded me out. Thought I had been getting fat.
>>
File: 1459557854968.jpg (96KB, 1200x807px) Image search: [Google]
1459557854968.jpg
96KB, 1200x807px
How do I keep making gains in the winter? Leaf here, it's stormed all fucking week so almost no chances of getting to the gym. Trying to eat healthy but that only gets so far.

Should I either
>do cardio on treadmill
>go to gym whenever I can manage
>just keep eating less.

Or any combination? I fucking hate cardio and I've been sick most of the week so I'm looking for something safe, but will work.
>>
>>40417783
10x3 masterrace
>low reps, high weight = strength gains
>many sets = mass gains
>>
>>40417857
"volume" is misleading. It's *number of sets* that's pretty much directly correlated with mass gains.
>>
File: IMG_0984.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0984.png
1MB, 750x1334px
Is this gyno?
>>
>>40418894
Nice titties
>>
>>40418894
Nope just fat
>>
File: IMG_0985.png (895KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0985.png
895KB, 750x1334px
>>40418907
Thx baby
>>
>>40418879
Depending on how advanced you are, you can only maintain muscle gains without access to heavy resistance training. (as opposed to make more gains)
Do bodyweight stuff when you can't get to the gym but try to go as often as you can. I guess you want primarily to lose fat? Try doing stuff with jumping, sprinting etc, if plain treadmill is too boring. Or bodyweight exercises in super-/giant-sets (i.e. alternating pushups-pullups-squats until you literally can not move)
>>
>>40417857
Do you mean 8-12 reps at the weight of 1/2/3/4? or first reach 1/2/3/4 with SS or SL and then switch to volume training?
>>
What can I do to (temporarily) replace squats and deadlifts? My hips/low back are kinda messed up and SQ/DL just aggravate them more. I've been having issues with lower back discomfort (not really pain) for a long time, I think I should just give them an extended period of rest while working on mobility and "rehabbing".
Preferably unilateral exercises, because I also have some left/right imbalances.
>Bulgarian Split Squats
>...
>>
>>40418954
>reach 1/2/3/4 with SS or SL
this - though I wouldn't stop there if you're still making good progress. heavier is generally better.

As for what to do after SS, you should still continue to do primarily heavy Barbell training, don't think that isolation and machines and cables are somehow better for muscle building. But I really wouldn't worry about what to do at that point until your actually get there.
>>
Hey everyone.

So the rep vs weight scenario right?

What if I did 100 bench press with just the bar. And every time I made it to 100 reps I would add a pound or some amount of weight. What might be the outcome of this?
>>
What is the ratio between the big compounds if you want to look symmetrical?
>>
>>40418352
>asking this
>>
>>40418460
Fucking hell, no.

Already your deficit is crazy.
>>
>>40418600
It's better than nothing, but it's garbage. Read the sticky.

The only reason it's not better than nothing is that it will keep your willpower up - working out consistently is good for improving discipline. Join a gym.
>>
>>40418703
Stops your shins getting bloody from deadlifts.
>>
>>40419146
At an intensity that low you might struggle, but the theory is perfectly sound for gaining strength and mass. You might want to look into GVT.
>>
>>40417783
What episode is that squidward from?
>>
>>40419146
Your body wouldn't get enough high intensity stimulation in order to make strength gains beyond a tiny amount.
>>
>>40419146
In general the approach works. It's a progression system like any other. But "100 reps" is just plain stupid. A better approach would be something like
>add weight until you can only do 5 reps
>use this same weight until you can do 8 reps
>add weight until you can only do 5 reps
>use this new weight until you can do 8 reps
>repeat
The problem is, going to complete failure is not really recommended (at least on major lifts like the bench press), so making sure you use the exact same effort for every set is very difficult.

An alternative would be the "rep goal system", where you set a total number of reps over a certain number of sets. Like 20 reps over 3 sets. Maybe you hit 8 on the first set, 6 on the second and again 6 on the third. You completed you goal, so you can add weight (usually 5lb). Next workout you do 6/5/5 - 16 reps total. Goal not hit, so you do the same weight again the next time.

>>40419148
take a look at symmetricstrength.com - It's strength based, but it should give a you a rough picture of the ratios you can and should expect.
There's many factors that go into it though. You can build a lot of muscle without getting much stronger, and get much stronger without building a lot of muscle. Also your limb lengths affect leverages and thus how proficient you can be at one lift vs. another.
>>
>>40419214
GVT is crap for strength and so is doing 100 reps of anything for one set.
>>
>>40419176
>>40418670
kay gonna do 1500 and 17-2000 on workout days I guess. Don't really feel hungry. I was just confused if calories burned mattered with what you put in but I guess I see how that's retarded
>>
>>40419270
>>40418460
wew laddy lad.

You ALWAYS include exercise and activity when calculating calories.

Your fucking BMR is 2500 kcal. That's what you burn JUST BY EXISTING.
You burn ~3000 kcal just from normal activity (i.e. whatever you do)
If you exercise you're going to burn a few 100kcal on top of that.

You can easily eat 2500kcal or more every day to lose weight.

What kind of exercise do you do and how often?

Also, don't make a difference between workout and non-workout days. That's just unnecessary complication.
>>
>>40419241
I've never done GVT myself so I wouldn't know, and I agree with you on the latter part. It's good volume, though.
>>
File: 1484285261138.jpg (398KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1484285261138.jpg
398KB, 1600x900px
Guys I have made myself a program in order to able to work out with what little I have at hand and I need your critique in order to make it better/more efficient.

Equipments I have at hand is two dumbbells.

My program,

ABxABxx

A

DB press
DB Fly
DB Overhead Press
Lateral Raises
Dips
Plank/Leg raise/ Whatever

B

DB Row
DB Deadlift
Goblet Squat
Wall Squats
Bicep curls

I increase reps each session and whenever I reach 3x12 I add more weight and start again from 3x4.

So /fit/, what is your advice? Any modifications that I should make?
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
18KB, 480x360px
How the fuck do you treat tinea versicolor /fit/? I've tried lathering selenium sulfide shampoo, tea trea oil but this shit seems to spread while only fading a little.

>pic related, tinea versicolor but not me
>>
>>40417874
I did a program somewhat similar to this. My biggest problem was doing 5x5 multiple times per week on big lifts. If you're lifting for 5 for volume I'd take the texas method approach and do it at 90% of your 5 rep max. I burnt out really quickly and plateau'd after two months from going really hard on the highest possible weight I could push for 5 every workout.

I rested one week and all my weights shot up by 10-20 pounds.

The whole general structure of splitting into a 4 day routine based on 4 major lifts is a great idea in my opinion that can be adapted into volume/strength or an attempt at a linear program.

At the end of the day if you're planning to try to progress 5/10 lbs weekly I'd just pick up texas method and add in some assistance work if you want it.
>>
1/2/3/4 plate =
40kg The Press
80kg Bench
120kg Squat
160kg Diddly?
>>
>>40419477
no a plate is 20kg and the bar is 20kg,
so for 1/2/3/4

Ohp = 60kg = 135 lbs
Bench = 100kg = 225 lbs
Squat = 140kg = 315 lbs
Deads = 180kg = 405 lbs
>>
>>40419492
Thanks, I'm still pretty far I guess. When people post their lifts do they always include the 20kg of the barbell? And am I ever gonna make it?
>>
>>40419437
Tree* lmao

Please help me
>>
Will people laugh at me if I use meme-arched bench press in a commercial gym?
>>
quick, i need movements and lifts that target the Lats heavily
>>
>>40419303
oh shit im late as fuck
I lift about 3 times a week with ab shit thrown in
Gonna start running or doing some kinda cardio soon too once I get my anxious ass into a gym. (have legit home lifting equipment)

I think my biggest problem is I've been afraid of the area around 2500 cal but im startin to realize that the 4 bowls of cereal id eat in a day were like 1500-2000 calories. when i used to assume it was like fuckin 800 lmao

I dont even touch milk anymore for this cut
>>
>>40419511
Of course. The weight you lift is the weight you lift. Just counting the plates or even just one side is retarded.

>>40419559
Do you track your calories?
Because especially in your situation, you are certainly not able to just estimate how much you eat.
>>
If I wanted to replace all my food intake, so that at the end I only ate cum and nothing else, how much cum would I need to consume?
>>
So, i've been cutting in the 1400-1600 range for a little while, seeing questionable progress. I decided to try out a couple TDEE calculators and when i enter all of my info they tell me i should be cutting around the 2000-2500 calorie range? I'm not /extremely/ well versed on this kind of stuff. could someone give me some other input here? seems like too much...
>>
>>40419624
please someone help clear this up for me. am i just being stupid by not listening to the calculators?
>>
>>40419624
Calculators are not accurate, weigh yourself frequently and find out if you lose weight too fast or not.
>>
>>40419665
thats the thing though, that "questionable progress" has just been me hovering around the same weight.

>6'1
>250 lbs
>22
>male

what gives
>>
>>40419671
how long have you been on this diet? are you sure you eat around 1500 calories? that seems pretty low for your size
>>
>>40419679
i like to think i stick to it pretty diligently. even on the times i have gone over, at this point it seems like i still would have come under my "recommended" TDEE based on these calculators

I am a little hesitant to up my intake in the name of losing weight because it seems counter-intuitive, but what do i know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>40419696
or maybe im just shit at counting and i really HAVE been going over, i've probably just been lying to myself without even knowing
>>
>>40419713
do you weigh your food? and how long have you been on this diet? my body seems to lose weight in little jumps, I hover around some weight for 2-3 weeks and then I suddenly lose 2-3 kilos, I don't know if it's my scale that fucks it up or my body is just strange
>>
Hello /fit/

I have real trouble reaching my requirements in calories. Why is healthy stuff so poor in cals and shitty food (burgers, etc) so full of it ?

I'm lost. I need to gain weight (a lot) and I'm having a lot of trouble.

So, what to eat to escape skellymode ? Ty bros
>>
>>40419791
make shakes with some high-calorie stuff and drink it throughout your day
>>
>>40419609
>>40419609
I know it sounds retarded, but I need a genuine response to this.

If my maths is right, I'd need to jack off 300 guys to get 1500calories, right?
>>
>>40419791
nigger eat almonds and nuts, those are calorie dense foods
>>
File: 1486945591956.jpg (19KB, 480x488px) Image search: [Google]
1486945591956.jpg
19KB, 480x488px
Where's the home gym sticky? What standard bar and plates do I need to buy?
>>
>>40419476
Man, that is Texas method, it's a routine from PPST book.
>>
I'm 5'7 165, am I overweight?
>>
When losing weight
does fat burn evenly across the body
or faster in some places, slower in others?

I've been losing weight lately, and while my stomach an mantits are looking better, my neck remains lard-ridden. Makes me question if I'm just imagining the progress on the rest of my body.
>>
How far can I go with dumbbel-only routine at home?
>>
>>40419731
This is true weight lose doesn't seem to be linear at least not that we can measure. It jumps and stalls and does all kinds of strange shit. I have been stalled at 187 for almost 2 weeks. I was stuck at 190 for week and half then lost 3 lbs over 3 days. Shit is strange
>>
>>40419925
Also through some heavy cream as coffee creamer. Shits like 50 cals a tablespoon. I use it to help reach my fat goal
>>
>>40420018
Probably, but not too much. Also depends on your body composition. Start lifting, you are in a point in which turning things around will be easy if you have discipline
>>
I lift 3x a week. Will doing boxing for cardio between lifting days hurt my gains?
>>
I have a bit of social anxiety mixed with the fact that I sweat A LOT. always have. when doing physical activities, even if its cold as fuck I sweat waay too much. When doing physical activites though, I don't really mind, the problem is in some social occasions, if something triggers my autismo I start sweating like a slave.

tl;dr, my question is: I sweat a lot, been working out for some more than a year but can run or jog for shit. If I conditionate my body to be able to do a 1h run/job, can it possibly help me sweat less? I am a bit overweight, 1,91m and 100kg
>>
File: 1450388817021.jpg (10KB, 250x235px) Image search: [Google]
1450388817021.jpg
10KB, 250x235px
>>40420243
but can'T jog or run for shit*************
>>
File: 1456281380159.jpg (70KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1456281380159.jpg
70KB, 500x500px
>>40420243
1h run/joG holy shit
>>
>>40417783
Best aesthetics routine for someone that has been doing SS?

I want senpai (female) to notice me.
>>
>>40418218
work up your confidence in steps like you would weights

talk to a grocery person

talk to a stranger

talk to your mom (advanced step)
>>
>>40417783
How do you start liking a girl in such a way where you are nice to her? I mean, its pretty easy to find girls hot, but I just cant force myself to be nice to them. Usually I just dont really care. And when I do care I find out that they are pretty shitty people usually. Too dumb, too fat, too independent etc.

it completely wrecks my desire to approach women knowing that they are such garbage by default most likely, personality, mental health, and general intelligence wise.
>>
>>40418598
vitamins are a money making industry. eat some vegetables
>>
>>40420338
being nice to girls just makes them uninterested in you??? hello??!
>>
>>40420058
a few feet out the front door before you get self conscious
>>
Going to the pub with my dad in about an hour, haven't seen him in a while. I don't wanna sit there drinking diet coke so I'll have a couple, just gonna push my maintenance day from tomorrow to today.

Still, what's the best thing for me to order? I can fit around 300 cals. I know spirits are best but I'm not going there to get drunk, I just wanna seem normal and talk over a couple pints.

I'm in the UK, I don't think our pubs serve light beer.
>>
>>40420368
this is true if you're the average joe. but if you're doing any intense physical activity daily, then taking a performance multivitamin is never a bad thing. no matter how much you eat (and i'm sure you won't be eating buckets and buckets of veggies daily, come on now... and even if you were you'd have to eat a huge variety of them to account for every single mineral and vitamin) you'll never get a good enough amount to maintain overall balance, sure you won't be anywhere vitamin deficient but you won't also have optimum levels for recovery either.

the fitness industry is the 21st century snake oil industry for sure but there are some supplements that are actually worthwhile and those are

- protein powders
- multivitamins
- fish oil

sure they aren't a must (except for fish oil maybe) but they aren't a scam either.
>>
>>40420373
no you dont get it, I cant make myself be nice to them. I seem to have a complete lack of interest in how they think or act as I somewhat know through practice that they are boring and disappointing.
>>
>>40420404

most multivits are really low on magnesium, so i'd take that too. magnesium + zinc = test

also l-tyrosine and copper if you're real pale. i've heard beta caratine also works but that's reaallll expensive
>>
>>40420411
That means your probably gay anon. Hate to break it to ya
>>
File: lifting feels.png (255KB, 957x538px) Image search: [Google]
lifting feels.png
255KB, 957x538px
>>40417783
Some of this depends on if you're natty or not.
>>
>>40420495
but I am not, I still find them hot and wish to fug them. Their visage, and even hookers still give me a sexual rush as normally.

Its just that I dont care about their personality even a little bit.
>>
Thoughts on kangaroo as a main protein source?
>>
>>40420508
To add to that: Its just weird, I would rather listen to other men talk, in speeches, or read a book, text, and rather be in the company of other men, because other men are like me, and we are all way more fun. Women dont crack jokes, women dont have interesting insigns, women are not original. Women are often more weak, mentally and physically, they have higher obesity/overweightness than men. They eat shittier, they also smoke a lot, they have these dumb blue pilled ideas like wedding rings and other dumb stuff that has no value.

I think women are more like children with their behavior, and I also dont like children.
>>
>>40420508
I Think it's you who has the mental illnesses bub
>>
>>40417783
If you want to get big, train with heavy weight and high volume. That's basically what Coleman and Ruehl did back in the Day.
>>
>>40420556
Why would you project hard like this? I have none. What I have is just a long pattern recognition thing coming to its conclusion. Which is why this is so annoying. Instead of offering advise you just criticize in a toxic and vile manner, jesus you cunt. II think you are the one who is mentally ill here bub.

I wanted advice from other men who recognize that women are boring, and who are straight...and also sane. You are clearly not one of them, so why would you reply to me?
>>
What do I do if most of my fat stores in my buttocks area? I hate being skinny but having a ghetto booty at the same time, do I cut or continue bulking? I've always had this problem where I store fat in my ass/lower back area and i've heard people say that over time it gets harder to lose fat in areas that it's been stored in for a long time, at the same time i'm scared of bulking in fear of gaining more fat in that area. I'm only 18 and I have no muscle (6'0" 140lb) so if I do cut i'll just end up being a twig.
>>
>>40420569
Well think your response confirmed it. Seek help. Maybe if you think every woman is the problem. Maybe the problem isn't with everyone else but with you. Sorry your so triggered.
>>
>>40420403
just have a pint of beer or two, it's a one time only thing, don't stress about it
>>
>>40420403
You already know the answer. Either spirits or you won't be able to make it under 300 cals. You could mix vodka with diet coke or something you you want it to last longer
>>
>>40420587
again, I am not asking you lol. Anyone sane would know that there are indeed huge differences between men and women and that my worldview can manifest itself like this in any male, if he is healthy and honest with himself.

Women are boring except for their hotness. Thats a fact of life. And yes, that most likely means nearly 100% of all women. Its just their nature, just as the nature of cats forces them to shit in boxes.

Its just with us humans its a bit more complicated, as we are more complicated, and I know that there are males here who have somekind of mental tricks to get over this fact that women are boring.
>>
is it feasible to work out 3 times with 1 day of cardio in 4 days? im with the military and drive home every weekend. we have mandatory physical excercise on tuesdays, on the other days i use their gym for strength training.

basically im asking if doing strength workouts on mo/we/thu and cardio on tuesday is okay? would it be too little rest for my dyel muscles? shouldnt it be okay if its different muscle groups?

th-thanks
>>
>>40420601
Holy shit either your trolling or a complete homo. Maybe stop fucking with basic bitchs or something there a tons of chicks who are fun cool and have great personalities. Who I would hang with over male friends. Bro your just gay and the quicker you accept it the better
>>
>>40420641
>basic bitches

oh god, a millennial splerg detected. I think I know what is going on here, did you know of the bell curve between men and women?

Its much wider for men and women, if you are on the middle of it, you will find plenty of "Engaging" women, as they are equal to you in intelligence, but the further you drift away from the middle, the less females you will find that are intelligent.

and intelligence manifests itself in what kind of hobbies and outlooks you have on life. I like philosophy, reading things, watching non pleb tier media if I can find it.

So I am telling you from the right side of the bellcurve, this is what kind of problem I am in. I even find few males to like because they are so dumb and disgusting.

You see, there is a divide between socialness (which you need to like a woman), and hotness (which would perhaps be enough to drunkenly lay with a woman).

Women simply dont get up to my scale of socialness as I only see losers.

I dont think that you know what everything of this entails because you are not on the right side of the bellcurve. I was looking for other males who are in the same predicament.
>>
File: 1484844672577.png (586KB, 541x1223px) Image search: [Google]
1484844672577.png
586KB, 541x1223px
hey goys just wanted to say I started at the bar and now I can do 95lb 3x5

I'm stronger than a girl now. I was a 6ft auschwitz fyi
>>
>>40420570
stop posting and start bulking

more importantly, smash your mirror. your "booty" is not "ghetto"
>>
File: 1466966307255.png (12KB, 429x241px) Image search: [Google]
1466966307255.png
12KB, 429x241px
>>40420676
pic very much related sadly.
>>
>>40420404
you're either shilling or trying to justify your retarded purchases
>>
>>40420676
Dude this is some new level autism. Man I actually feel sorry for you. What the actual fuck is wrong with you.
>>
>>40419373

Get a $20 door pull up bar and add pull ups on your b excercise. You have a lot of shoulder and chest but not enough upper back otherwise it's not bad
>>
File: Kock_2010_F00_StdDevDiffs.png (24KB, 595x445px) Image search: [Google]
Kock_2010_F00_StdDevDiffs.png
24KB, 595x445px
>>40420694
>>40420694
or better yet.
>>
>>40420724
lol I dont think that double digit IQ morons can comment on any of this, kek.
>>
>>40420689
I can't do deadlifts or squats because they irritate my piriformis and I have to take weeks off at a time because of the lower back pain. Is it fine if I just ditch those two movements and focus on bench/ohp/cgbp/chinups/pullups/curls/tricep extensions?
>>
>>40420724
You're probably a dumb roastie anyways
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHtit8SgbDU&t=2m33s

I-Is this true?
>>
Do you unrack your weights?

No one in my gym ever does, nor do i.
>>
>>40420738
and the pattern that I find myself in is something like this

>am not horrible looking and know that I can reel in a few broads with my looks, like most men can
>so why am I not doing that
>try talking to women on nearby date sites and/or just outside (though not that much)
>get talking
>realize that they are retarded as fuck, listen to garbage music, have garbage outlooks in life (like the 50 shades of retard), most of them are on the path to obesity since I can see what their eating standards are and many other bad things
>boner turns into flaccid dick of disgust
>"well Il guess il just fuck this even worse, really trashy hooker because I dont have to talk to her"
>"wait I just fucked a woman who is even trashier and worse than the average woman, what the fuck"
>some time goes on
>"why dont I just fuck a normal woman"

repeat ad infinitum?
>>
>>40420832
>"some anon in some thread mentioned that christians still have nice and wholesome women in their mids"
>go to a christian dating site
>"well I find religion important but you still must be able to party and to drink, also I am rly indepndant and like to travel"
>about 90% of all profiles

wat
>>
>>40418157
Yes, I know what you mean. Go to the college gym, let them know you're new, and you would like an orientation. Practice the dialogue in your head a few times if you're an actual sperg.
Besides that, I assume you know how to buy groceries and prepare basic meals for yourself.
>>
>>40417783
you wont get big if you dont lift heavy bruh
>>
>>40418218
You need to work up the ability to go into new environments. I got unconformtable in crowds but I slowly worked my way in. Start at going to crowds but staying on edges, then slowly look at people and gradually move towards the center of the crowd. Once you realize its not a big deal it will become easier to go outside.
>>40418302
Accurate to the gravity of the planet you are on.
>>40418598
Vitamin D. My libido goes up, energy levels up and clear headed.
>>40418739
smoking anything really isnt good for you, try to quit.
>>40418970
Leg press and hamstring curls I guess. Leg press can hurt your back as well Ive heard. Maybe try lunges.
>>40419148
genetics will determine more than actual lift numbers. Insertions will affect how your muscle appears.
>>40419373
If two dumbbells is all you got it looks good.
>>40419537
no but we will laugh at you here if you post a video.
>>40419556
T-rows.
>>40419655
TDEE calculators arent really accurate.
>>40420018
Do you have fat on you? If yes you are overweight.
>>40420047
It prioritizes certain places but you cant target lose fat, gota keep losing overall.
>>40420209
If you do intense boxing it can, but boxing is really good so I would try to make it work.
>>40420243
Sweating a lot is partly due to being fat but also genetics. I sweat a lot too, just work with what you can mate.
>>40420258
PPL.
>>40420338
Realzie women arent your equal and appreciate them for what they are.
>>40420514
protein is protein doenst matter what animal provide it doesnt have too much fat and other stuff in there.
>>40420640
Its fine, do a modified PPL schedule.
>>40420826
Be the change you want to see, always clean up after yourself.
>>
>>40420931
>Realzie women arent your equal and appreciate them for what they are.

they may not be equal, but they do share many important things with us, and even the animal kingdom. Feelings that arise above sexuality, that may even impede upon sexuality.

Feelings of healthiness for example. If I saw an animal that was sick, weak or otherwise in bad health. I would dislike it. Even if I dont want to fuck it. That is just how our brain sees the world.

The same thing applies to females. They may think for example that eating candy, as fully grown adults is cute or whatever, but I only see them as eating toxic stuff.

It doesnt help that my ex was kinda pretty, and that she drove the point home too well that looks sometimes dont matter at all. As a broken mind is invisible, and it can ruin everything.
>>
Guys.. I can squat 130kg 3x5, but can barely, BARELY, deadlift 130kg 1x5. Am I just not made for deadlift or what? Haven't progressed on deadlift in at least a month. Regressed rather, but my squat is on point, going up.
>>
>>40421183

You're doing something horribly wrong if your deadlift is lagging behind your squat. Review your form and technique
>>
>>40421183
You are cheating on your squat.
>>
I hurt my lower back and I can't deadlift or squat or else it'll bring the pain back, can I just go to the gym and lift anyway without deadlifts and squats and make decent progress? I'll do stuff like bench, ohp, cgbp, chinups, and some accessory work like curls and tri extensions, ab work at home, MAYBE shrugs for my traps if lifting the weight off the rack doesn't irritate my lower back, no rows obviously.
>>
>>40421241
if you are ok with being a chad for objective its perfectly fine without squats and deadlifts
>>
>>40421224
Yeah people say that about my press too, but it turned out I wasn't and I just sucked at bench. I know I don't cheat on my squat, there is an accidental high rep every now and then though, but that's a matter of practice and consistency.

>>40421216
I used to bring the bar too far out, but I fixed that. I also used to set my hips very low and now that I don't do that anymore I feel weaker in the pulling position. I'll just film it then and see if I am doing it properly, and review and get used to it I guess.
>>
>>40421293
you are doing normal grip deadlifts or mixed grip? it happens that some people get stuck in some weight becaues of the grip, and the moment they start using mixed they instantly go up in weight.
>>
File: dumbbell-floor-press.jpg (33KB, 448x242px) Image search: [Google]
dumbbell-floor-press.jpg
33KB, 448x242px
What's the best method for getting into position for DB floor press safely with weights that are heavy enough that it's really awkward?
>>
>>40421362

Same way you would for DB bench: put the DBs on your thighs and roll backwards, essentially "catching" the weight in what would be the top of a rep.
>>
>>40421280
Thanks, i'll get back to them eventually but i've realised that the more I focus on working my core and abs directly, the less lower back pain I feel, i'm thinking that having a weak core is what allowed my lower back to be injured in the first place, but i've had people on here tell me that there's no correlation between a weak core and low back pain... I don't know who to believe
>>
>>40421362
you're not gonna get full rom doing it on he floor you need a bench
>>
>>40419964
halp
>>
>>40421406

I'm sure he knows that. Floor press is still useful for an intermediate/advanced lifter as it lets you train without the stretch reflex. You use more of the actual power of your muscles instead of relying in part on their elasticity.
>>
>>40418637
I'm planning on adding pull ups once I get strong enough
>>
>>40417783
I'm still getting my noob gains. Is this program good or should I change it?

3x a week 3 sets of 3-12

Squat
Bench Press
OHP
Bent Over Barbellm Rows
Barbell Curls
Deadlift
>>
what is fastest way to lose fat? IF/keto/clen/dnp?
fatfuck here
>>
>>40421520
Stop eating so much. Drink water when you're hungry and a couple fruits. Eat below the calories you need and you will lose weight ezpz. Might be hard in the beginning but push through your appetite.
>>
>>40421329
Hook-grip, my left arm won't twist enough for mixed. I feel the difference and it is helping.
>>
>>40418954
You could get at 1/2/3/4 doing a bunch of other programs focused on bodybuilding, such as the Helms' routine I've posted or Candito Strength/Control for instance. SS sure will get you there too, but if you're lifting for aesthetics, you would be better off starting somewhere else. Reminder, tho, programs are not as much important as the effort you do at the gym. Always be high energy.
>>
I've started using lifting shoes for my deadlifts and now my left knee hurts. What's going on?
>>
Last thursday I fucked up and tried doing a weighted pull up with too much weight and now I have golfers elbow. What exercises are safe? How much should I rest? The pain is mild, nothing to worry too much, but I wanna recover ASAP.
>>
>>40421690
then dont lift for 7-10 days lmao

legs only
>>
>>40417783
Saw someone at the gym doing high intensity cardio while wearing a scarf and balaclava. Asked him what the fuck he was doing, and he said it induced anaerobic respiration faster which helped with fat loss, and also allowed the body to become fitter in general because it's a harsher environment

Is this bullshit or is there any truth at all to it?
>>
File: 1487301052235.jpg (102KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
1487301052235.jpg
102KB, 722x349px
>>40421876
kek, can't imagine going to the gym and spotting someone in a fucking balaclava
>>
>>40420931
>>Do you have fat on you? If yes you are overweight.
Everyone has fat on them you fucking retard. 0% bodyfat is death.
>>
>>40420676
Get your head out of your ass. I can guarantee you aren't that smart. Maybe around the 120s. Smart enough to see the stupidity in others, too dumb to see it in yourself.
>>
redpill me on garlic
>>
When I'm squatting 2 44lbs plates (1 plate) and 2 11lbs plates;

am I squatting 110lb in total

or

am I squatting 155lb total?

I'm pretty new to lifting and I'm still confused on what I'm supposed to right, do I cound the bar anons?
>>
>>40422002
110 if you have plates stacked on your head, otherwise 155 if you use bar
>>
How much soy milk can I drink per week before I have problems with oestrogen increasing?
>>
>>40422002
>44 lb plates
what lol
>>
File: AC124311l.jpg (61KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
AC124311l.jpg
61KB, 600x600px
>>40422025
>mfw I have been writing and telling my friends that I can only bench 70lbs

thanks anon
>>
>>40421981
garlic bread > banana bread
>>
30 minutes of cardio a day sufficient for weight loss? What's the best for a fatty starting out?
>>
>>40420676
M8 I've got degrees in biophysics, biomedical engineering and by the end of this year I'll be a doctor, despite this I still enjoy the company of girls. I agree that it's more difficult for someone with an IQ of 150 to relate to normal people but it's certainly not impossible, even men with average IQ usually have hobbies and outlooks very different than most women(sports, WWE, vidya ect) so that's not an excuse either.

Honestly if you want more desire to approach women just start doing nofap, within a couple of weeks you'll be happily flirting with any grill that can fog a mirror regardless of how basic she is
>>
>>40422190

>What's the best for a fatty starting out?

Fork Putdowns x Failure
>>
File: dl.jpg (63KB, 432x592px) Image search: [Google]
dl.jpg
63KB, 432x592px
Is my form terrible? Tips?
>>
>>40422197
im on my third month of nofap so far, and still no real desire to forgo my standards lol.
>>
I want more body hair. I want to become a buff hair monster. Do I just take a bath in Rogaine or something?
>>
alternative to heavy shrugs? lower back isnt great and dont want to compress it
>>
>>40422314
Overhead raises.

https://youtu.be/NDmJNX9JrLs?t=9m44s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IDqX1eMFmA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt3DP1n8gXE
>>
>>40420676
Jesus Christ, this is just sad. You do realize you're putting yourself in the same boat as those "Fat Acceptance" retards claiming that their genetics are the cause of all their problems?

You should really try to fix your outlook before you get out of your teens, it did wonders for me. I used to be extremely elitist and judged everyone by their IQ, from my high horse of 148. You just have to realize that IQ doesn't mean shit, it's all about finding people that have the same interests and hobbies. Try finding a way to do some sort of group project or activity with DRIVEN but stupid people. I swear, motivation and a good outlook on life is so much more important than IQ.
>>
Starting a PSMF tomorrow for the first time. I've read Lyle Mcdonald's Rapid Fat Loss Handbook and I've stocked up on lean protein and fish oil. Any experiences with this diet? Any recommendations?
>>
>>40422334
Thanks I'll try those
>>
>>40422190
>What's the best for a fatty starting out?
cycling, swimming, rowing. anything but running or jogging if you are severely overweight because you can permanently fuck up your joints. get down to safe weight doing the above combined with eating less first.
>>
File: spin_bike.jpg (56KB, 600x571px) Image search: [Google]
spin_bike.jpg
56KB, 600x571px
Some time ago I read on a thread here that "spin bikes" are better than the standard cheap exercise bike.

From what I remember because they create momentum and you actually use your muscles, anyone can explain the difference/benefit? They are not as cheap so I don't want to just throw myself into it.

I was also looking into getting one because I was told is better to use bikes than treadmill if you are afraid for your knees
>>
I'd like to get back seriously into powerlifting after I'm done boxing and will therefore do the 5/3/1 as I've been recommended here. My question is, implying I do the 5/3/1 with some HIIT (10minutes of jog and 10 minutes of actual HIIT) twice a week after my workout, implying I'll be 21 for something around 180cm/5'11'' and 75kg... What would my daily calorie intake be ?
>>
>>40422223
in this picture i can easily tell you don't have the following because of your back rounding

>your scapula retracted
>your shoulders back and down in their sockets to engage lats
>your chest up
>your core and lower back tight
>>
>>40422567
thnx bro
>>
>>40422519

I'm not like a land whale or anything.

10 pounds over what I was this time last year, and it's due to inactivity. Used to be semi-/fit/ but I've let myself go.
>>
File: 1480994344422.jpg (85KB, 444x446px) Image search: [Google]
1480994344422.jpg
85KB, 444x446px
How to deal with depression during cuts? I just don't eant to go to the gym lately, and lack the erevy to finish sets it feels like. Worse, I can't finish the weight I used to do and lose all all motivation. Can't stop the cut, got another ten pounds to lose yet before 10% BF, but fuck if it doesn't feel like shit.
>>
>>40422550
Spin bike is smoother because of the momentum, less awkward resistance between footstrokes
>>
>>40422223
Post a video.

>>40422567
Shoulders shouldn't be back, and scapulae shouldn't be retracted.
>>
>>40422618
Drink more Monsters and do nofap
>>
>>40422040
He's Yuro
>>
>>40422556
you have to figure that out by yourself. calculate your (estimated) TDEE using any online calculator and weight yourself in the morning (preferably after you take a dump) and then eat at the calculated TDEE for about a week or two (two being more accurate than one).

after that weight yourself again in the morning and use the following formula to find out your true TDEE.

TDEE - (±lbs/days * 3500)

±lbs meaning you if you lose weight you use a negative value, otherwise positive. for example if you calculated your TDEE at 2500 and you lost 2 lbs in a week, the formula would look like this

2500 - (-2/7 * 3500) = 3500 calories

if you gained 1 lbs in two weeks it would look like this

2500 - (1/14 * 3500) = 2500 - (250) = 2750 calories
>>
WHY IS MY BACK GETTING WEAKER?
Went from 8 pullups down to 5, and 2 reps with 10kg added to 1. Am I overtraining my lats doing weighted pullups three times a week?
>>
>>40422675
Sounds like you're getting fatter
>>
>>40422673
Wow, cool, thanks for the advice !

I did run my TDEE on a few websites implying I'm not exercising and have a desk job, it falls around 2200 so I was planning on eating around 2500-2600 and see where it would get me. But I'll still keep your formulas to get a better and more precise TDEE.

Thanks man !
>>
>>40422364
I tried going into a running club, because I thought that I could find people who also had lots of willpower there.

And I kinda did find people whom I liked. Sadly very few women of my age though.

I tried going outside to bars, but I dont like drinking, nor do I like the music being played there.

I am not even sure where I could go next. I thought of going to religious places but even the religious people are slowly turning into degenerate retards.

But IQ is not the only thing obviously, its also norms, decency, culture, I even really hate the smartphone neck culture, every time I see one of them weird retards whip out their phone in public and then scroll through a feed...Jesus I hate that so much.

Its just that I am going down the paleo route, both in habits, sports, eating and more. And once you go down that route you find out that you have very little in common with most people.
>>
Alright lads. 135 pounds and for some reason I can't gain weight no matter how much I eat. Is there any foods that will provide better sustenance? All natty btw
>>
File: CAN'T WAKE UP.png (377KB, 496x476px) Image search: [Google]
CAN'T WAKE UP.png
377KB, 496x476px
>>40422733
EAT MORE
>>
File: pinch.jpg (121KB, 957x1300px) Image search: [Google]
pinch.jpg
121KB, 957x1300px
How is you abs skin, /fit/ ?

I lost about a 10kg recently (not that much) and reached my target weight, but im not sure if I have loose skin.
I mean, skin thickness in arms are absurdly lower than on abs. And now I cant even feel any fatcells on abs (I did when fatter)

btw Calipher test I did recently (by a professional, not me. Im stupid) lead to 9%. Using /fit/ reference images I get ~15%

(Pic is exactly related to my problem: What he has on his abs I have in my arms..)
>>
>>40422675
We need to know what else has changed in your life. Are you adding volume/intensity on other exercises? Has your diet changed? Have you been sleeping well/managing stress the same?

Increasing total training volume during a training may affect acute strength negatively, and then you would have a training cycle where you reduced volume/tapered/peaked and "realized" the gains you made through the accumulated volume.

OR, if nothing has really changed, then you are overtraining/underrecovering, and you should reduce volume/deload.
>>
>>40422733
>for some reason I can't gain weight no matter how much I eat
offer yourself to studies because you are about to become a billionaire
>>
>>40422675
>WHY IS MY BACK GETTING WEAKER?
You're getting fatter

People who can't do a proper pull-up with at least half their body weight worth of plates attached to their waist have weak backs
>>
>>40422733
I sure hope you're natty at a buck thirty five lmao.

Right now you're not counting your calories so you get full and think that that's enough food. You need to track calories and hit your target calories every day.
>>
>>40422767
oh so a guy who weighs 150 kg should be able to do pullup with 75 kg extra weight? are you being serious?
>>
>>40418839
get a bike
>>
>>40418218
Use headphones
>>
>>40422759
Stress is about the same but lifts going up because I'm still on linear progression. I've only gained 3 pounds in the last 2 weeks or so. My general bodyweight exercises are going down, actually (moving into intermediate bench but still on untrained level dips).
>>
>>40422785
>who weighs 150 kg
We're not talking fat sacks of shit here, anon
>>
>>40417783
you can only gain about .5 pounds of muscle per week as a natty man so as long as you do enough to gain that .1 pound per day then thats all there is to it, increasing volume past a certain point wont get you any more gains just strength
>>
>>40422722
>dont like the music that they are listening to
>dont like the media they are watching/reading
>dont like their 50% sedentary habits
>dont like their ways of eating fast/junkfood and their inability to cook
>dont like their philosophical (if they even have such a thing) outlook
>dont like their anti social smarthone usage that results in their social abilities to be far below the older norms
>dont like their alcohol culture lifestyles (bruh look at that beer lmao)
>dont like the way they dress themselves like a bunch of raggedy faggots
>dont like their smoking
>dont like their barely functioning reasoning skills
>dont like their barely functioning curiosity (barely any of them ever use google for things like "well I wonder how Antarctica looks like)
>dont like their inability to give a fuck about important events, or discoveries

And the list just goes on and on. How in the fuck am I supposed to like these people again? They dont have souls.

Also polite sage because of blogpost like quality
>>
>>40422767
you're retarded
>>
>>40422742
>>40422760
>>40422776
Thx 4 repli
Will start eating 3000 a day
That's enough for a lightweight like me right?
>>
veins on my shoulders went from invisible to looking like a tatoo, I see them but they're covered in a small layer of fat. how long untill they pop out?
>>
>>40422931
That's good.
>>
>>40422950
Approx 2.89 weeks.
>>
>>40422845
If other lifts are going up, and weight is going up, I wouldn't worry about stalling on chinups/dips. You're probably still improving your strength to weight ratio by maintaining the number of reps you can do at a higher bodyweight.

Bro tip don't grind reps for pullups. Stop 2 reps short of concentric failure, and just add sets until you can only do 3-5 reps. For someone who can do about 10 pullups, it would look something like 8, 6, 5, 4 depending on rest intervals.

With added weight I would do one submaximal set with bodyweight to warm up, then 1-3 work sets with the added weight, 5-10 reps.
>>
what's the standard barbell and pl8s I'm supposed to buy for home gym?
>>
I really want to do SS/compounds but I also want a split workout, so I plan on breaking SS into 3 days instead of two

is;

A
Squat
Bench
I. Bench
D. Bench
Chest acc
Tri acc

B
squat
ohp
powerclean
shoulder acc

C
Squat
Deadlift
Row
back acc
bicep acc

good?
>>
>>40423000
What region?
>>40423003
You can do the SS 4 day split
>>
>>40423000
Olympic dumb ass.
>>
>>40422845
bw exercises get harder the heavier you are. don't put too much emphasis on those exercises since they can be viewed as assistance. just do more volume at lower weight and you will constantly be improving them
>>
>>40417783
How do you guys manage to get ready lift heavy after a long day? After sitting so long it's hard to get pumped without drinking 5 cups of cofee beforehand.
>>
>>40423032
>after a long day?
>sitting so long
How lazy are you? Sit on your ass all day at work but you're too tired to engage in physical activity after?
>>
>>40423032
Apply lots of deep heat roll on to the point where it's almost painfully hot
>>
>>40423011
link? ive never heard of it before

thanks anon!
>>
>>40423047
It's more that I'm stressed out and everything feels so tight.
>>
>>40423055
http://startingstrength.com/resources/forum/programming/28982-ss-novice-routine-form-4-day-split.html

I can't find the one Rip mentioned in a Q&A once, but this seems about right.
>>
>>40423086
novice doing cleans? yeah no. just do deadlifts at like 70-80% of your current working set for volume
>>
>>40423086
looks interesting, I assume i could instead OHP twice a week instead of bench if I'm lacking shoulders?
>>
File: 1484447334021.jpg (133KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1484447334021.jpg
133KB, 640x640px
So yeah, 1g protein per lbs bodyweight per day

But is there any drawbacks in eating more than that? I ask because sometimes I'm not bothered counting it so I just eat A Lot of protein, knowing it hits the amount I need but probably goes over it too.
>>
>>40423153
protein farts and nothing more
>>
>>40423153
You don't need broscience amounts of protein anon. 0.7g/lb is more than enough.
>>
>>40423184
excellent
>>
I have pain in my lower (closer to elbow) right forearm when i bicep curl, what can it be?
>>
>>40423260
Do you do preacher or similar curls? If so, it's probably a tendon which is at risk of snapping.
>>
Does it matter what order you do your lifts in? As in, military press before or after bench, for example
>>
>>40423282
I've looked preacher curls in google images, and I do somethin similar: without that support, and a barbell.

Simple standing barbell curls is what I do.
>>
>>40423294
If you're worried you might not hit a PR on one, do that one first.

>>40423311
Try a curl bar or dumbbells so your wrists can be in a better position (hands not straight up)
>>
>>40423294
You've gotta do first your core exercises and what you prefer.

For example, bench press and OHP both use your triceps. If you do first bench press youll be ok, but when you try to do ohp your triceps will be more sore than before and youll perform a little bit worse.
>>
>>40423327
Will try, thanks
>>
File: Snapchat-7675302654064440707.jpg (570KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-7675302654064440707.jpg
570KB, 1440x2560px
What should I work on lads? No bully only been working our for 4 months 1/2
>>
File: 1476971655903.jpg (23KB, 156x253px) Image search: [Google]
1476971655903.jpg
23KB, 156x253px
>>40423011
usa

I just buy cap barbell and cap pl8s? I want to make sure
>>
File: Snapchat-5675259770770944274.jpg (538KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-5675259770770944274.jpg
538KB, 1440x2560px
>>40423559
2/2
>>
>>40423329
Triceps don't get used enough in OHP to make them tired for bench.

Front delts however can be fatiqued enough in OHP to make performance on bench a little worse.
>>
File: schedule.jpg (82KB, 742x335px) Image search: [Google]
schedule.jpg
82KB, 742x335px
How do you guys track your progress? Should I be adding anything else to this spreadsheet? I started working out last week, but didn't change my diet until this week.
>>
>>40423559
It depends on what is your goal through working out. Physical appearance or performance ? If performance, strength, speed, stamina, flexibility ?
>>
>>40423581
Chest & tris. You've still got noob gains that will help you thicken out well.
>>
>>40423729
If you just started working out, why the fuck are you tracking progress?

That's just a huge waste of time.

If you wanna continue with that autistic shit, go enjoy reddit.com/r/fitness.
>>
>>40417857
For a natural lifter linear overload is the biggest factor in muscle building.

The focus should always be to progress the main lifts that you are using to target the muscle group you want in weight.
>>
I've got pain and a slight bulge, or what feels like one, down near my appendix (had appendix out at 15)
I know /fit/ isn't a doctor but it burns mildly and is a bit of an irritant. Could it merely be constipation or IBS?
>>
>>40418891
No, that's not true.
9 singles will not give nearly as much mass gains as 9 sets of 10.

It's a bit more complicated.

When comparing similar rep ranges above 5 reps, number of sets is most important.
E.g. 6 sets of 7 will give roughly the same mass gains as 6 sets of 8, or 6 sets of 6.

When comparing different rep ranges, you need to factor in reps, sets, and intensity.
E.g. 5 sets of 3 will give roughly the same mass gains as 3 sets of 6.
15 total reps vs 18 total reps, but sets of 3 will use a bit higher intensity, so a bit less total reps will do.
>>
Anyone have a list or link to all the good music that's on Calum Von Mogers videos when he works out?

Need to build up a good playlist.
>>
>>40423780
What? Why wouldn't you track progress from the beginning? Are you retarded?
>>
>>40423940
As I said, please go reddit.com/r/fitness.
>>
>>40423794
Correction: progressive overload, not linear overload. Linear progression won't last longer than an absolute maximum of a year, and that's with extreme bulking. When you get more advanced, periodization becomes necessary
>>
>>40423733
Performance. And all of the above please.
>>
Internet research gave conflicting information - so is aspartame sweetened soda (Coke Zero and the similars) the acceptable drink for weight loss or is it counterproductive?
>>
>>40424022
It's pretty simple.

If you replace sugary soda with zero calorie soda, you'll be a lot better off.
If you use water instead, it'll be slightly better than zero calorie soda.
>>
>>40423995
If performance:

HIIT for stamina is a good compromise as it doesn't kill muscular gains compared to long running cardio

Flexibility: I don't know much on that subject... Stretch and do the exercices with the whole ROM, but other than that, I can't help.

Strength: well, powerlifting will help with that

Speed: explosiveness is what you need there. Bodyweigth is what I would advice.

As you can see though, you can't just get everything all at once and you'll have to make choice. Just think about if you'd rather be like Frank Medrano, a powerlifter or something inbetween like Jujimufu.

Also when it comes to speed and flexibility, a martial arts or fighting sport is a good option too.
>>
File: 1487254941537.jpg (351KB, 604x800px) Image search: [Google]
1487254941537.jpg
351KB, 604x800px
>>40417783
I'm going to cut for the first time, and I'm still on SL.

Is this a bad idea (I'm guessing it'll be fine)? What can I expect with my lifting progress? Will I just need to deload more often?
>>
>>40423729

I just use a small notebook for keeping track of progress on lifts and weight/body composition.
>>
What sort of routines does Calum Von Moger follow to get that sort of physique?

I know he's on gear, but obviously he's got a different physique than other bodybuilders on gear.
>>
File: 1485529146907.jpg (181KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1485529146907.jpg
181KB, 750x750px
When I'm dieting, why does standing up make me dizzy?

Google says it's a blood pressure thing. Usually my blood pressure is 105/55; that's a *little* lower than it was before I started dieting, but could just be because I've gotten healthier.
>>
>>40424295
Probably mostly genetics.

Anyway, look up his training videos on youtube to get a sense of his training.
>>
>>40424022

You physically cannot derive energy from zero-calorie drinks; drink as many as you want. Some people claim that the artificial sweetners increase their appetite. If you're one of those people, then it could be a problem.
>>
>>40424334
>drink as many as you want
As with any carbonated drink, that will fuck up your teeth.
>>
>>40424348

Pretty sure that's obvious to anyone with a brain. He was just speaking from the perspective of calories.
>>
>>40424370
You seem to be under the impression there are no people without brains on the internet.
You would be very wrong.
>>
>>40424381

fair point
>>
What's a healthy body fat percentage for general fitness? I'm losing strength on this cut and it's really bothering me. Does Aesthetics mean I can't be as strong as I could be by not having abs?
>>
>>40424517

Yes, cutting down to visible abs means making sacrifices on strength. It's just how it is.

That being said, most people will consider you "generally fit" if you're between 10-15% Body fat.
>>
>>40424517
10%
Eat more protein, 1.5 * lbs body weight.
If you care more about maintaining a certain physique, then there will be a natural limit to how much you can lift unless you get bigger.
>>
>>40423864
bump
>>
>>40424517

You're going to lose strength on a long cut due to glycogen depletion, it doesn't mean you're suffering from protein catabolism. I dieted from 320 to 200, and my bench went from 275x5 to 225x5 (similar trend on all my other lifts). After 3 weeks of eating just above maintenance, I was back at 275x5.
>>
>>40424517
>>40424546
Unless you go through an endless cycle of bulk and cut until you got enough lean mass to have visible abs and strength. But you'll have to be quite patient and have some time ahead of you.
>>
>>40423864
>>40424568

You should probably see a doctor about that, senpai... All of those symptoms add up to "Something ain't right"
>>
>>40424579
>>40424575
>>40424556
>>40424546
Thanks. Guess I'll start deloading my lifts I guess. Anyway to work around that glycogen depletion? I've got another month and a half scheduled for this cut, but god damn it sucks losing strength. Do shorter cut/bulk cycle help?
>>
>>40424707

>Anyway to work around that glycogen depletion?

Not particularly. You just simply aren't eating enough calories to keep up your glycogen loads when eating at a deficit.

However, it's a good idea to eat at maintenance for a week every 7-12 weeks to keep your metabolism from shitting itself.
>>
if i am losing 1 lb / week on a cut, about how much of that is fat?

i read somewhere it could be like 90% if everything you do is optimal, but it sounds too good to be true.
>>
>>40424787
i'm eating these macros, 1.5-2x bw protein, ~20% fat, remainder carbs
>>
>>40424787
If you're obese, then it's mostly fat. I don't have the paper but it concluded cutting more than 0.7% of your bodyweight per week results in loss of LBM
>>
what happens if i eat to much protein
>>
Second day of GOMAD and I have green stool. How do I fix this?
>>
>>40424844
You'll get horrible farts.
>>
>>40424844

Nothing detrimental. Protein being bad for your kidneys is a meme
>>
>>40424879
>Protein being bad for your kidneys is a meme
Nah, it's not.
You just have to eat a lot for it to have negative effects.
More than 3g/kg is probably not a good idea.
4g/kg or more is probably dangerous.
>>
>>40424898
oh ok, i'm fat as fuck so that would be pretty difficult
>>
>>40424916
The recommendations for protein aren't correct for fatties.
They're based on what you'd weigh if you had less than 20% body fat.

E.g. if you're ~180 / ~5'11" and have an average body structure, the bodyweight you'd use is ~80kg if you're fat.
>>
>>40424898
then how are you supposed to cut?

someone who's 150 lbs is 70 kg and would eat 1.5*150 = 225 g protein which is 3x the kg mass...
>>
File: IMG_20170218_211905_001.jpg (3MB, 3480x4640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170218_211905_001.jpg
3MB, 3480x4640px
I've been lifting about 22 days on a PPL 2 (3 day, rest, 3 days)

I was an autistic fag who never lifted before does my back look better than a job lifter, can't tell if progress wish. I took a before pic.
>>
>>40424990

Non Lifter**
>>
>>40424964
1.5g/lbs is 3.3g/kg.

More than 2.2g/kg (or 1g/lbs) isn't necessary, even when you're training and cutting.
>>
>>40424879
>>40424898
>>40424954
>>40424964
https://nyti.ms/2luJCdg
>>
>>40425040
All those studies are done below 3g/kg.
So your link doesn't help at all.
>>
>>40423908
No, volume=sets×reps×weight

This almost always means that working with low weight results in higher volume.
>>
>>40424582
My mum works in health care, she reckons it could be a hernia.
In any case I'm going to book a doctor's appointment and take a break from lifting just in case
>>
>>40425147
No, there isn't a clear definition for volume.
Everyone uses slightly different definitions.

And even using your definition, that still doesn't mean more volume will result in more hypertrophy.
>>
>>40425153

Good call.
>>
I've been training for a year and a half. I've made some gains but they're minimal and I'm not happy with my progress and it's hard to stay motivated at this point.

What is wrong? Do I just not eat enough?
>>
>>40425330

What has your bodyweight done in that year and a half?
>>
I'm working 12 hour shifts for the next 6 months and only have 2 days to workout does anyone have a 2 day workout program that they recommend?
>>
>>40425486
Texas Method, skip recovery day. Worked ok for me for a month.
>>
>>40425541
I'll look into it thanks bro
>>
Is eating unhealthy shit in one sitting better than splitting it up over days?
>>
>>40424119
Maybe switch to SS. It's very similar but the volume is lower, and on a cut, low volume high intensity is key.
>>
>>40424707
Perhaps it's a programming issue? If you do a texas method routine with tons of accessories designed for bulking, smolov etc then halfway through start cutting, shit will hit the fan
Post routine, programming is important.
>>
benchpress has been stuck at 190 3x5 for weeks.

Should i switch to dumbells? everything else is improving but that.
>>
>>40425930

Add it as an accessory to be done after your main lifts instead of just subbing it out, and maybe change up your benching with some volume sets for a couple sessions. Provided you're eating properly, that should get you un-stuck
>>
>>40425930
time for periodization other than linEAR
>>
Can't lift for at least a month due to surgery. How do I keep the muscle and strength I have now. I have already lost 2 lbs this week.
>>
>>40426864
Well losing weight is a result of not eating enough.
>>
>>40426864

>I have already lost 2 lbs this week

Unless you are literally starving yourself, no you didn't. Just keep your protein intake up and do what you can within parameters approved by your doctor. Active Recovery will be your best friend for getting back into lifting without injury
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.