[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here finally stopped lifting like a power lifter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 2uzz2i9.jpg (19KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
2uzz2i9.jpg
19KB, 407x405px
I have more energy now and less fatigued from le power lift 5 reps strength build more muscle meme. How come half the guys at the gym are absolutely jacked and spend more time doing lat pull downs and cable rows than they do diddlylifting or back snap rowing? Inb4 steroids bro
>>
File: 71AU0Rj70AL._SL1500_.jpg (164KB, 756x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71AU0Rj70AL._SL1500_.jpg
164KB, 756x1500px
because they're on steroids bro
>>
>>40303440
Because they have been doing it forever.

Any gymbro who is big yet is doing meme excercises has been working out for years and could have achieved the same results in half the time spent if they just trained properly instead.

They reached this size despite shit routines, not thanks to them. Why is this so hard to understand?
>>
>>40303440
volume

every decent PL program is based on volume at lower % so you hardly ever work at your max since that's pretty much the best way to gain strength and size. not to mention all the assistance work it usually comes with it. do this 4-5/week and you will blow up.

that's why powerlifters that compete in weight classes actually look good. the difference between a BB routine and a decent PL routine in muscle gain is abysmal if we're talking natty lifters. the strength gain however you get from PL routine will dwarf the BB one.
>>
>>40303458
yet all you faggots look like shit despite doing your "highly effective" exercises and "training properly"
lmao
>>
>>40303470

Mind giving a routine?
>>
>>40303521
look inside every /plg/ thread and you will find tons of them
>>
>>40303458
>They reached this size despite shit routines, not thanks to them. Why is this so hard to understand?
A while back I befriended a guy in my gym. The kid was dirt-poor and had just switched cities. He didn't have a lot of time to train and he didn't have enough money for quality food. From talking to him, the guy was living on biscuits, salami and coffee.

His training consisted of dumbell circuits and supersets. In 4 months the guy was aesthetic.

I can also point to a lot of guys that started off doing brosplits and programs built around chins, dips, benches, rows, crunches and curls who all got the results they wanted, be it getting bigger or getting down to a low bf%.

The people on the other hand who I have seen doing the vaunted Internet routines such as SS, SL, ICF and TM didn't look like they have even seen a barbell in their life, let alone lifted one.

>>40303440
Welcome to real training.
>>
File: 1485384259920.png (50KB, 255x204px) Image search: [Google]
1485384259920.png
50KB, 255x204px
>>40303440
unironically this
>>
>>40303474
>all you faggots
/fit/ is 95% people who started training last month.
>>
File: lol.jpg (11KB, 320x212px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
11KB, 320x212px
>>40303440
>Aggravated an old injury after pushing max on BP half a year ago.
>could do nothing but ride the bike for 3 months, as even laterally raising my arm with nothing in it would hurt
>slowly came back in, after 3 more months I am back to old/reached new weight with everything but BP.
>Don't even care about BP, never go above 60%, and more often than not straight up substitute it with cable flies.
>>
>>40303440
This is probably because all this time you're doing workouts that demand you to train under 90% loads for 5x5 with no assistance, which is a sign of shitty program
>>
>>40303440

>how come people training with lots of volume and hypertrophy rep range make lots of gains in lean mass
>how come people isolating their lats and pecs and doing curls look good

>how come people training for strength in low rep ranges making nerulogical gains do not look big

hmmm
>>
>>40304854
>In 4 months the guy was aesthetic.

Here's me after 5 months of starving myself and doing supersets of shit.

>>40292390

Looks way better than most of plg with their 400lb squats and +2000 surplus of mcdonalds

>>40303470

>45 reps a day
>lots of volume

lolololololol

>4/5 weeks blow up
>no roids

AHAHAHHAHA.

>>40303458

>train for neruological strength gains
>"proeprly"

Only if your goal is to be strong

>>40303632

find tons of people that are either fat or skeletons too because they never bothered to put on any lean mass training properly
>>
>>40305110
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>40304854
Cool anecdote bro, doesn't prove shit. If he did a proper routine instead of that crap chances are high he would have been both stronger and more aesthetic.
>>
>>40306046
How do squat routines help aesthetics?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.