[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LATERAL RAISES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: lateralraises.png (791KB, 831x470px) Image search: [Google]
lateralraises.png
791KB, 831x470px
Simple question

Some people says that when doing lateral raises you should have your thumb lower than your pinky, hand facing down

Some other people says that this way KILLS THE ROTATOR CUFF and you should instead have your thumb higher than your pinky, with hand facing down.

Athlean-X brings it to another level and tell you to bend over a bit and get the thumb all the way up, almost pointing the floor, to protect the rotator cuff.

We all need to do lateral raises because we all want wide shoulders. So we need to understand this shit.
WHO'S RIGHT? HOW ARE YOU DOING IT? DO YOU GET GAINS WITHOUT INJURY?
>>
Your wording is all over the place, but basically do the one that has you slightly bending over. The reason you have to bend over is so you're still targeting the same muscle after changing your arm position.
>>
Are you not able to fucking feel it
>>
>>40063009
Sorry I'm not a native english speaker. My standard form was minimal (less than pic related) bend over and hand facing down, thumb higher than pinky. Do you feel the athlean-x way better with no hurting?

>>40063027
fucking idiot, we are not talking about YO BRO GET SWOLE FEEL DA MUSCLE, we are talking about try to get swole without shoulder impingement. Feeling the muscle is not enough
>>
I do the Athlean-X version and never had any issues

I've never tried the other way
>>
>>40063087
You should be able to feel if it's going to cause injury you spastic fuckwad
>>
>>40063120
Where did you find about the athlean-x version? He's the only guy I found that does lateral raises this way, most of the people do the palms down version. Also, at what height do you keep the dumbbell?

>>40063138
So are you telling me that all the people who gets an injury to the rotator cuff is a dumb musclehead that ignores any pain just to get the reps done? How dense are you?
>>
>>40062985
I just do them where I dont feel my shoulder clicking sometimes with my arms starting in front of me and sometimes by the side. I have found my thumb slightly higher than my pinky seems best, with elbows bent so dbs are kinda in front of me a bit no issues so far.

Just dont ego lift with these keep it light high rep feel the burn. Heavier weights are a good way to fuck your shoulders up
>>
>>40062985
Isn't Lifting up 45 degrees enough to tire the muscles?
It will keep you safe from shoulder impingment.
>>
Jeff is super smart, but my animal brain dislikes him purely because, despite having fantastic muscular development and a low bf%, everything about his face and body is so ugly. It's dumb, but I'm always a bit repulsed when I watch his videos.

>>40063181
>Where did you find about the athlean-x version?
His channel, obviously. He's a physical therapist, so I take his form instructions seriously.
>>
>>40063441
>half repping
>>>/out/
>>
do you want amazing shoulders? buy rings and start progressing to iron cross. you will work your entire shoulder not just a part of it.
>>
why the fuck am i seeing so much athmeme-x around lately?
>>
>>40063500
>this kills the shoulder
I want crossfitters out of this board
>>
>>40063554
it actually strengthens it if you don't ego progress
>>
>>40063441
>>40063499

>not doing actual full ROM a'la Lu Xiaojun
>making "it"
>>
>>40063500
>not one armed Iron Cross
>>
How is it pointing to the floor if the thumb is up?
>>
>>40063491
>Jeff is super smart, but my animal brain dislikes him purely because, despite having fantastic muscular development and a low bf%, everything about his face and body is so ugly. It's dumb, but I'm always a bit repulsed when I watch his videos.

Holy shit anon, me too. This is a very specific feel, but thank you for writing it out.
>>
>>40062985
ALL OF THOSE " TRICKS" DOESNT DO SHIT.

Just do lateral raises the way you like to do them, and the way that lets you use the most weight for the most reps.

Becuase it doesnt matter. Your rotatorcuff is worked every god damn time you move your arm with weights. As long as you do OHP, rows and chins ups youre covered.
>>
>>40063561
Iron cross is mostly lats, back and pecs and muscle which hold you up. Not muscles you use for pressing.
>>
>>40064964
I do iron crosses with dumbbells and I can really feel the burn in my delt after a while. You just have to push yourself harder and you'll feel what's really being targeted.
>>
>>40065015
Iron Cross with rings is what he's talking about, I believe
>>
>>40062985
isn't athleanx some sort of doctor or does he have some medical degree
if he does
listen to him
>>
>>40063500
>crossssshiters recruiting bodies for its fucked up dead army
>>40063561
>ego progress
>the whole focus of crosssshit
>>40062985
I believe "the limit" is right
>>
>>40063181
Yeah actually. You'll be able to tell with any exercise if you are doing it wrong and causing injury and pain over time.

Why don't you grow up and stop cursing and attacking people when they tell you like it is?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.