[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 47

File: 1465872837649.jpg (533KB, 880x880px) Image search: [Google]
1465872837649.jpg
533KB, 880x880px
New thread up, niggas. Post your questions

Last thread >>40041828
>>
>>40058864
Is 30 mins of cardio bad after 30 mins to an hour of weight training if I'm trying to cut?
>>
>>40058881

One study showed slight improvements in strength with cardio done 4 hours after lifting. Just make sure you're not doing HIIT.
>>
I have a hard time calculating my dinners when I cook things other than a protein and a side. I made stir fry tonight. Just veggies and meat and a sauce pack. Side is rice. Problem is I don't know how close the generic stir fry on my calorie tracking app is to my meal
>>
>>40058909
Calculate the pieces of the meal separately and add them up, then compare to the meal. Or just skip that last step and just enter the individual meal pieces
>>
>>40058898
how about cardio before weight lifting? I'm a courier and sometimes I need to bike before heading to the gym because thats the only time I'll get good money. Usually bike ~15mph for 1.5-2 hours total not including breaks
>>
File: david-banner.jpg (98KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
david-banner.jpg
98KB, 640x960px
>>40058864
What workout regiment would helpe achieve David Banner-esque proportions?
>>
>>40058930

I don't think it's ideal, especially for 1.5-2 hours, but the negative effects aren't nearly as bad as some would make it out to be. Just make sure to eat a bit before your workout.
>>
>>40058926
Guess I could do that. Seems daunting. I hooked this bad boi up. Broccoli,snap peas, bell peppers, onions, garlic, bean sprouts, mini corn and mushrooms plus petite sirloin. Top notch
>>
>>40058930
Cardio before lifting is generally a no-no without a few hours rest between the two activities. Your muscles only have so much energy to spare in a certain amount of time, and heavy lifting depletes this energy pretty quickly. You can obviously adapt to the energy expenditure, but it will hamper your strength gains for awhile
>>
When working out, my forearms are pretty good and veiny, yet they NEVER have vascularity or size otherwise, or not to a large degree. At what point does resting size/vascularity start getting better and closer to pump looks?
>>
>>40058898
Why no HIIT after lifing? I thought that's what you were supposed to do. on a cut.
>>
the bank teller i like was punching in numbers and shit while i zoned into my own little world. she then took the time to get my attention and talk about the new machines they got. would this be considered hinting (attracted to me) or was she just super bored and wanted to kill the time

if it helps she was smiling and cheerful the entire time
>>
>>40058963
>At what point does resting size/vascularity start getting better and closer to pump looks?
Your vascularity can vary depending on your bodyfat and hydration levels, so if you want to see more of your veins, then reduce your fat and drink less. As for pump, it depends on where you're at strength wise and how long you've been training. But you're always going to be smaller than your pump. Just how it is
>>
>>40058983

You have to treat HIIT like you do lifting, meaning you must rest after a session. For the purposes of a cut, I just don't see the benefit of incorporating HIIT into your regiment when you can just do LISS, burn the same amount of calories, and not feel like shit when you need to crush some weights, unless you're a really busy guy who doesn't have time for 45mins-1hr of cardio.
>>
What's a good routine for someone who doesn't want to do olympic lifts?
>>
>>40059024
Intermediate i mean
>>
Fuck knows senpai. If you thought there's a good enough chance that she liked you to ask /fit' opinion then fucking go for it.

>Hey that's cool, guess it makes your job a bit easier. Do you fancy getting a drink some time?
>>
File: squat.webm (3MB, 720x1000px) Image search: [Google]
squat.webm
3MB, 720x1000px
Asked this before, but didn't get a chance to respond to the one comment about it.

This is my attempt at low bar squats. Done at 155 lbs.

Someone said the bar is too high and causing forward lean, but I thought you were supposed to have some forward lean for this and high bar/front squats require a more upright back
>>
1) how to help with sleep, thinking of getting sleep meds, don't want to as it'll mess me up badly
Any other ways to help with sleep other then shut off all screens and read a book, really hampering my gains

2) scared that my legs will go further then my legs and ill to trex mode, how to I properly work my arms since my legs are gettibg much more attention

3) I do volunteering at this place and I'm trying to devise a good calisthenics program for teenagers aged around 15~ that I really needs to work their bodys, something with press ups and situps, must be fun and easy but really pushes them

>thanks
>>
File: endurox.png (150KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
endurox.png
150KB, 960x960px
parents gifted me a 5lb tub of this because they didn't like the flavor

did I make a major score or is this stuff a meme? I don't want to become reliant on it because shit is expensive
>>
File: 1406099384864.jpg (144KB, 563x364px) Image search: [Google]
1406099384864.jpg
144KB, 563x364px
is it bad if i swap bb rows for db rows? I feel less strain on my back and get better ROM
>>
If my arms were uneven before I started cutting are they gonna stay that way till I bulk?
>>
File: 20170117_211315.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170117_211315.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
Estimated BF%?
>>
File: low-bar-squat.jpg (1MB, 2684x1764px) Image search: [Google]
low-bar-squat.jpg
1MB, 2684x1764px
>>40059071
Maybe this image will help you
>>
>>40059239
Im also asking this. I hate bb rows. It's mechanically stupid
>>
>>40059269
Low to mid teens
I'd say about 12-13%.
>>
>>40059239
I don't see what the problem is. You can do them elbows out or close to your body. You can also grip them different ways and really hit whole back. I love em just vary em up
>>
>>40059279
I see. I guess I've been putting it at the bottom of my traps and not the actual shoulders. But that was as low as I've been able to handle comfortably enough to not bail out mid-set. Is it a mobility thing? Should I stick to high bar until my shoulders are able to move more?
>>
I've had blood in my shit for the third day in a row. It's bright red and fresh like I have a cut in my asshole. What gives? My diet has been clean and I haven't drank since New Years.
>>
Been getting really sore on the outside of my knee when I run recently. Should I just ice it after and keep up the routine or do I need a break?
>>
what is a balanced bench to pendlay row ratio?
>>
I've got anterior pelvic tilt. I'm working on abs and glutes to fix it, but I'm wondering if there's anything I can do sitting at my desk during the day to help me progress.
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 236x301px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 236x301px
What stretches or workouts can I do so I don't have my heels lift up/possibly use less back during squats? I can easily front squat 100lbs for 5x5 without shoes. Then today I did high bar back squats with only 95lbs in romaelos and my heels raised/ maybe my back took over. It was easy but I know my form is incorrect. Went ATG btw.
>>
do normie fitness challenges piss anyone else off

'wow dude how can you do 100 pushups in 1 day? do u wake up and dread it? no rest days?'

like i guess it's good that they're into fitness but in the time they do that they could just do bench press for a moderate weight for 5 sets and get 200% strength gains
>>
File: 1470184877959.png (749KB, 627x749px) Image search: [Google]
1470184877959.png
749KB, 627x749px
for anyone who used to be overweight, I want to ask a few questions.

How long did it take you to get down the weight and and what rate? (please state start/end weight and height)
What was your exercise routine and how often?
What was your deficit?
Did you finish skinny or with definition?
Were you on gear or any sort of stack to help with the loss?

I'm curious, I want to hear others stories. I keep seeing transformations in the CBT but a lot of them are just bragging. I want to know a more general idea.
>>
>>40058881
It's fine.

>>40059024
Literally any mainstream routine that isn't specific to Olympic weightlifting?

>>40059071
This video is worthless. Take a video from the side, at about hip height. From what I can tell, your bar placement is roughly correct.

>>40059078
Stop looking at screens 2 hours before bed. Dim the lights. No food immediately prior to bed. Don't do anything but sleep in your bed. Get your room comfy and ready for sleep (cool sleeping temp, good blankies).

Google "sleep hygiene" for more tips.

Just do 4x8 curls super setted with tricep extensions twice a week. Lateral raises as well. Takes very little time, makes a big difference in phsyique.

>>40059239
>>40059292
DB rows are fine.

>>40059263
You'll likely always have uneven arms.

>>40059384
Either hemorrhoids or anal fissure (likely). Is it painful?

>>40059462
You may have shitty running form, be running on shitty surfaces, or be running in shitty shoes.

>>40059492
Roughly 1:1, +/- 0.2. For lower end lifters. Once you reach high levels, your bench will exceed your row, due to the fact that bench form can be optimized for max weight in ways that a Pendlay row can't be. We'll never see a strict row >700 lbs, but there are guys that can pause bench it.

>>40059712
Can you get to the bottom of a weighted back squat without your heels coming up? If so, it's not a mobility problem. It's just weakness and poor form.

>>40059744
Only if you're in your first 3 months of lifting and feel enlightened.
>>
>>40058864
Anything wrong with melatonin?
>>
Is it so wrong to want to increase shoulder and forearms by clasping weights on your wrist and swinging a sword, /fit/?
>>
>>40059898
If you're the same guy each thread you're awesome dude.
>>
>>40059906
no
>>
>>40059898
bleeding ass guy here. no it doesn't hurt
>>
Reposting in a more lively thread.

I got skinnyfat by being fat and cutting to half my body weight without lifting or getting enough protein. I'm 5'11 and 140ish. I'm fine with how I look with clothes on, but know if I want look good otherwise I need to bulk and cut. My TDEE is supposedly 1950. What happens if I lift, only eat 1950, but get 140g of protein?
>>
File: crab benching.webm (553KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
crab benching.webm
553KB, 320x320px
>>40059898
>>40059712
Yes I can get to the bottom of the squat with feet flat and fairly upright back. It's when I'm going up that I start to have my heels raise(possibly using more back?)
>>
>>40058864

How is this Pull day? I do deadlifts on a different day.

Pull-Ups, 4xfailure

V-Grip Cable Rows, 4x8-10

Wide-Grip Pulldowns, 4x8-10

EZ-Bar Curls, 3x12

Hammer Curls, 3x12

Face Pulls, 3x12
>>
>>40059906
No, but big doses are meme. Studies have shown smaller doses to be more effective. 2-3 mg is optimal for most adults the last time I read about it in undergrad.

>>40059928
Thanks. There are a couple others that respond a lot too.

>>40059991
Probably not a fissure then, or external hemorrhoid. Those are painful. Internal hemorrhoids are often painless. Go see your GP. Tell him you're bleeding out of your ass. He'll need to do a DRE to make sure you don't have a big mass in there. Uncommon in young people, but there are some familial disorders than can cause that. If you've been bleeding a lot, you may be a little anemic and need iron supplementation. He can check a CBC if that's a concern.

>>40059999
Nice quads.
Your body weight will stay the same. Your body composition will improve and you'll be stronger and leaner looking. You'll still be a fucking skellington though. Do a 500 cal surplus and lift weights 3-4 days a week. You need to be at least 160 lbs to not look awful, 180+ to look buff.
>>
>>40060040
Don't start your day by doing sets to failure. Save that for last.

Wide grip is a meme. Use a comfortable grip just outside shoulder width and add more weight if it's too easy.

I would do weighted pull-ups for 3-6 reps, 3-5 sets. Treat it like any other compound, trying to increase your 1RM and 5RM over time. Use the other lifts as higher volume assistance movements.

>>40060035
Sounds like a form/weakness issue. Post a video. Might try pause squats with 70-80% current working weight.
>>
>>40059898
>This video is worthless.
Well the main reason I took the video is because my quads are different sizes and wanted to get some feedback on any leaning I may be doing doing the lift. But I understand. Will get another video on Thursday
>>
>>40060117
No videos on me currently. Maybe the next time I squat, thanks for the help though.
>>
>>40060143
90% chance you honestly just need to do more squats. Form not good? Do another 500 reps of squats, it will improve. Have a weak point? Another 1,000 reps of squats will improve it. If you squat 95 lbs, you're still in that beginner stage where specific weaknesses don't exist. You're not "weak out of the hole" or anything, just still have a weak squat. Doing fuckload more squats and tweaking form and finding your groove will take care of it. You *may* have some form issue that can be seen on video though, so try it out.
>>
How many sets is too much?

How do you calculate how many calories you should eat? Obviously the more workouts I do in a day consume more calories, so how can I know for sure what to provide my body so it can grow? I fucking hate not knowing how to calculate this.

Do any of you honestly calculate anything, or do you just fucking eat "a lot"?
>>
>>40060195
Thanks. I have done two reps with 135lbs before "actually" to parallel, however my back kept hurting and my heels raising on the upwards portion. Quit lifting for a bit and it seems like I am falling into the same pattern. Might post a video in here Thrusday or Friday.
>>
>>40060221
TDEE calculator. Use myfitneepal to accurately track your calories for a week or two and weigh yourself at the same time every day. You will be able to figure out how much you want to add or subtract from your TDEE.
>>
>>40060074
>Nice quads.
Thanks senpai.
Is 150 lbs okay if I'm going for defined twink mode? I don't know what a 160 5'11 'not awful' person would look like.
>>
>>40060221
Google TDEE calculator. Eat +500 if you want to gain weight. I haven't calculated cals in years. I just aim for 150-180 grams of protein and adjust my diet based on the scale and mirror.

>>40060252
150 is still pretty thin. You'll find that going from 140 to 150 at 5' 11" doesn't make a huge difference. I'm 5' 11" also, graduated high school weighing 135. I'm 190 lbs now, was 200 lbs at my heaviest. You really wanna be at least a LEAN 160 in order to look decent without being super skinny. But you do whatever THE FUCK YOU WANNA DO.
>>
>>40058864
Is NoFap just a meme?
>>
>>40058864

Is it a good idea to do 2 sets of close-grip pulldowns and 2 sets of wide-grip pulldowns, or just stick to 4 sets of one variation?
>>
File: tmp_3768-d0Rzv8Gh1797782143.jpg (110KB, 854x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3768-d0Rzv8Gh1797782143.jpg
110KB, 854x1024px
>be awkward loser
>asked a qt co-worker out via email a year ago
>she never replied
>she recently added me on linkedin
d-does this mean anything? should i message her on linkedin?

plz respond
>>
>>40060322
It's memery incarnate. The reason you can't talk to girls, get laid, have low confidence, shitty gains, depression, anxiety, etc, is not because you jack off. Sure, if you're beating it 5x a day like an autistic 12 y/o, you need to chill out. But abstaining from masturbation is not going to fix your life like these lonely teenagers on /fit/ think it will.
>>
>>40060332

no it doesnt mean anything. she added you because shes your coworker and she knows you.

and why the fuck would you ask out someone via email? she might have said yes if you did it in person
>>
>>40060332
all you need to do is ask yourself "If I was her, would this seem desperate?"

hint: The answer is it's desperate and creepy.
>>
Somebody made a repository of screencaps and infographs made by TYVD quite a while back.

Does anybody still have that, or a link to it?
>>
>>40060332

dont message her on linkedin jesus christ. if you want to get closer to her than actually talk to her like a human being
>>
Doing SL 5x5, squats didn't make my butt sore at all but my quads are all fucked up. Google tells me I should focus on "squatting from my heels" and activating my glutes to ensure they get worked while squatting.

Is this good advice? I want to get my butt swole.
>>
i want to begin my cut on 5/3/1 on 1st march. i read about the month long introductory period wendler suggests in his book. now, i have 3 scenarios and i want to know the best

1. begin the routine on 1st february so i'm adjusted in time for my cut and can thus lift at higher intensity and retain more strength
2. begin the routine and cut both on 1st march and do the introductry period then
3. skip the introductory period entirely and jump in on march 1st (i plan to only be doing it for 3, maximum 4 months so i don't think long term stalling is an issue)

can some 5/3/1 experienced brahs help me out?
>>
>>40060329
Literally doesn't matter, unless you injure your shoulder doing wide grip. Just do a bunch of fucking pulldowns and get better at them over time. More variation is not necessarily better. Getting really fucking strong at vertical pulling is what's better.
>>
File: thebest.jpg (67KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
thebest.jpg
67KB, 450x600px
is it ok to eat bean burritos will it kill my gains?
>>
>>40060371
Don't worry about what you "feel". Doesn't matter. If you're extending your hips, you're using your ass. Deadlifts, RDLs, and bridges are a better ass builder though. They are all primarily hip extension movements. If your goal is a big ass, be sure you do those as well.

>>40060373
Most people skip the introductory period entirely.
>>
>incline bench
>nearing max weight
>form nazi
>arch my back on last two reps just enough to get the bar up
>butt, feet, shoulders/upper back never leave the bench

did I fail these reps? I feel like I failed the lifts when I had to push with my ass and move my lumbar spine
>>
>>40060329
I alternate and end up doing 6x5, it slays my biceps which is really what I'm after despite doing compound lifts
>>
>>40060410
Nobody considers lifting with an arch to be "incorrect" on bench, whether it's incline or flat. It doesn't matter if you "failed" or not. You weren't in a singlet at a meet with 3 judges watching you do the lift, and Herr Trump hasn't declared arching during incline bench a capital offense yet.
>>
>>40060371
what >>40060407 said. add in barbell hip thrusts too.
>>
>>40059909

it won't work, swords are designed to be easy to swing, not hard. dumbell swings, hammer swings and rollups are what you need, maybe indian clubs and shit like that. you can have a breddy good time with a 14lb sledge hammer to be quite honest
>>
is it possible to maintain or even keep regression in check somewhat if cutting on the TM? i've been slamming PRs left and right and am afraid of switching to something else in case it doesn't work out as well for me. if i increased intensity and cut volume would that suffice?
>>
>>40060457
What your stats?
>>
>>40060303
I guess I'll bulk for about 10 months and get to 160 and cut down afterwards. Really curious to see how that turns out, but really scared to gain fat. Hopefully I won't gain too much if I'm only gaining two pounds a month?
>>
I'm doing a type of sit-up where my legs are elevated on a couch or chair. What would this be called?
>>
>>40060435

yeah but I'm reducing the chest and shoulder isolation in favor of using leverage trick with my spine. I'm just really insecure about having bad form I guess.

does an arched back fail a lift at a meet? I would consider myself a failure if my form wasn't better than competition grade
>>
>>40060249
HOLY SHIT. THE TDEE CALCULATOR TELLS YOU WHAT TO CONSUME FOR PROTEIN, CARBS, FATS, AND CALORIES. HOLY SHIT I THOUGHT YOU FUCKS DID THIS BY HAND. TURNS OUT YOU LET A ROBOT DO YOUR WORK FOR YOU THE WHOLE TIME
>>
Hey bros, I've went through 2 months of physical therapy but no success. Fucked up my shoulder during benching or arm wrestling. Will probably need a surgery...
Couldn't sleep for the past week because all I do is think about how I'll never fucking recover. Last time I hit the gym was in June. All my gains over the few years of lifting are gone just as I was about to start oly lifting professionally. Hit 160 front squat @94 kg class as a 19 year old. Still holding squat records at the local gym.
It's 4:30am, went to bed at 2. Just needed to vent somewhere but didn't want to start a thread so I posted here.

/rant
>>
File: IMG_0032.gif (176KB, 226x224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0032.gif
176KB, 226x224px
>>40060512
How the fuck did you screw your shoulder benching? I bet it was arm wrestling because I never heard of a bench fucking someone's shoulder up (unless it was a smith machine)
>>
>>40060498
it's a magical time we live in
>>
>>40060463
DL 165kg x 5
SQ 155kg x 5
Press 66kg x 5 (don't laugh)

i used up my LP before hopping on. my lfts aren't amazing but whatever. now i want to get leaner for summer because who want to be a fucking fat shit at the pool.
>>
>>40058864
> Virgin here.

Penis bends down when erect.
>not fucking normal
any thoughts.
>>
>>40060498
kek I can picture in my head a bunch of hulk looking motherfuckers using quantum mechanics to figure out their macros and TDEEs. Where's SIR when you need him.
>>
>>40060553
Here's the worst part.

I am 23 years old, 169 pounds, and 5.'11. I apparently am a "heavy exerciser" if I go 6-7 times a week. I was only consuming around 100 grams of protein before I looked at this calculator, and it told me if I wanted to bulk, I would have to consume fucking 268 grams of protein

no wonder why I wasn't making any serious gains for 6 fuckin months lel
>>
File: 1481853259593.jpg (27KB, 667x659px) Image search: [Google]
1481853259593.jpg
27KB, 667x659px
New lifter here.

Why would a fat person need to "bulk" if they are just made of fat and not really muscle? Does a skinny fat person need to bulk if they are going to lift weights? If so, why? Skinny fat people are already bulky, lel
>>
File: 1482454397548.jpg (637KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1482454397548.jpg
637KB, 1536x2048px
>>40058864
Who makes dress pants that are skinny / fashionable? Maybe somewhere around the shape of levis 511s and in khaki color? Any recco's bros?

Posting some brapppp for some test gainz
>>
>>40060600
fat people are probably more concerned with losing their blubber than gaining muscle. they should cut first unless they have no regard for looks or health or anything other than strength.

skinny fats aren't usually terribly fat, its more than they lack muscle which results in them having no shape or hardness. skinny fats should bulk.
>>
>>40060586
going 6-7 times a week does not make you a "heavy exerciser".

Take those exercises estimators with the smallest grain of salt. They do not accurately reflect actual calorie expenditure.

Also, no one, not even the most ripped bodybuilders, need that much protein. You only need about 0.8g per pound of bodyweight. You were undereating protein, but not THAT much.
>>
>>40060569

it's rare but not abnormal, a dong can go left, right, up, or down pretty dramatically. doggy style is your time to shine as you can hit g-spot better than most with your meathook
>>
File: IMG_1234.jpg (139KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1234.jpg
139KB, 500x500px
>>40060611
Whoever got to fuck that bitch is one lucky son of a bitch
>>
>>40060551
Free weights, of course.
There is some actual reason as to why can someone fuck a shoulder up with benching. Something about muscle imbalance... not sure what exactly.
I'm 95% sure it was arm wrestling though. After all, it's my biceps tendon (which is located in the shoulder) that got shat on.
>>
>>40060464
Probably not too much. I stayed pretty thin up to about 160. Just lift hard.

>>40060476
No, arching your back is fine in a meet. You should have a mild arch in general just for shoulder health. You arching spine just slightly shifts the load from your anterior delt to your chest, helping you complete the lift. It's not a big deal.

>>40060512
Get that MRI yet?

>>40060561
Yeah, it's possible to keep getting stronger. Trying running vanilla TM and see what happens. People get stronger during cuts all the time.

>>40060586
You don't honestly need that much protein. Get like 150-200 grams, and hit a 500 cal surplus. 268 grams is meme tier.
>>
>>40060685
Haven't been sent yet. Waiting for my 5th doc appointment. The wait time for MRIs here is in months anyway...
>>
>>40060600
You don't need to bulk if you're fat. Bulking is just eating enough to increase your body weight over time while lifting. You're not supposed to become a fat ass. It depends on the skinny fat.

>>40060611
I've heard good things about Levi 541 Chino Athetlic fits. I have some Docker pants that fit pretty well, and I squat 415 and pull 565 at 190 lbs, 5' 11". My ass looks awesome in them. Catch people mirin all the time.
>>
>>40060685
a calorie surprluss from the basic recommended 2000 calorie # or my actual number that it gives me off the calculator?
>>
>>40060685
>>>40060476 (You)
>No, arching your back is fine in a meet. You should have a mild arch in general just for shoulder health. You arching spine just slightly shifts the load from your anterior delt to your chest, helping you complete the lift. It's not a big deal.

interesting. I already retract my scaps but generally never arch so I'm going to consider it a personal failure but not a technical one and am going to consider this as a technique variation that may be useful if I plan to do it instead getting forced into it
>>
>>40060733
Start with your calculated TDEE. Adjust it based on real world results (mirror and scale). If you're getting fat as fuck, cut back 200-300 cal and reassess after 1-2 weeks.
>>
Is there a way to masturbait that's bad for you? I masturbate by gripping the head and wriggling my fingers in a massage like way.
>>
when to do rotator cuff exercises? and how many?

ok rotator cuffs are important, i get it, but when should i train them? how many sets and how many different exercises for it? do i have to do internal rotations even when we all've fucked up doing all that pressing? do i need to do something if i already do facepulls on pull days? if i do a ppl, when to train them. on pull or push days?

PLEASE, /FIT/, ENLIGHTEN ME ON ROTATOR CUFFS
>>
>>40060870
I do some facepulls and cable internal and external rotations at the end of my push day after training shoulders.
>>
>>40060857
deathgrip will desensitize you
>>
>>40060870

whenever you do shoulders/chest/push, absolutely do progressive dumbell exercises to improve your minor shoulder muscles and overall strength, treat it like washing your car or getting a a haircut, it is totally necessary to keep your shoulders safe from snappity.

its really hard to lift enough dumbell to fuck up your shoulders but it's really easy to load up a barbell heavy enough to snap your shit permanently
>>
How do I close with a girl?

Several times this school year I've gotten a girl in my room alone but we just talk. I don't know what to do or how to make a move. They never have and probably never will try to make a move either. Does anybody know any specific things you might say or do to initiate things?
>>
>>40060966
Thats it, no cancer or super aids?
>>
>>40060992
it's just masturbation. That's like thinking that a massage will give you autism
>>
I'm 6'1 154lbs right now, Pretty much skinnyfat mode. Been hitting the gym 4 times a week with a rest day between each for about 2 weeks now. Problem is My gym is small and the only one in my town, having trouble getting benches/sqats in bc of rack/bench availability. Is there a workout plan that circumvents these with dumbbells or other things? or are they absolutely necessary? Also for the myfitnesspal app should i be on the gain or maintain weight setting? Not looking to really get huge/super strong, mainly just some muscle definition and feeling healthier in general.
>>
>>40061010
I'm just overly paranoid about stuff like this.
>>
>>40061024
if barbells are available, use them. They are far better than an imitation exercise.
>>
>>40061031
clearly
>>
>>40060987
Im on phone righy now driving, i will answer u
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 640x1136px
Where are all the calories in sugar? I put a spoonful in my coffee with some milk which should add up to like 60 kcal but then I read how a coffee with 1 milk and sugar is 150-200. Where are all these calories?
>>
what does "bulk lean" mean?
>>
>>40061073

"don't be a fatass"
>>
>>40061035
Excuse my lack of knowledge, there are plenty of one handed (small) barbells if thats what you call them? And a few of the longer ones loose, but theirs only like 2 bench presses and 2 sqat racks that are taken 90% of the time when i go. Is there any good routines that cut out benches and sqats that wont hamper results too heavily?
>>
>>40061060
>spoonful of sugar
that's not a measurement. You measure sugar by weight. That's how you find the calories. Same with milk and creamer
>>
>>40061116
those dumbbells, not barbells. Barbells are large, long, and weigh 45 lbs.

>Is there any good routines that cut out benches and sqats that wont hamper results too heavily?

literally zero, why are you so adamant about not doing major compound exercises
>>
>>40061124
I'm estimating here. It's a weird looking spoon which I just assume is a tablespoon.
>>
>>40061110
Is 500 calories surplus enough?
>>
File: 20170117_223917.jpg (2MB, 1701x2022px) Image search: [Google]
20170117_223917.jpg
2MB, 1701x2022px
Guys do I have love handles or what is in that area below my obliques?
>>
>>40061172
more than enough to start with, if you do that for 2 weeks and see pudge, up your lifts significantly. if you don't make gains or pudge, then up the kcal
>>
>>40061161
once again, you can't measure solid food by volume. Weight is the only option. Otherwise you risk eating more than you think.

>>40061073
lean bulking is a term for people who bulk at a very light amount in-order to minimize fat gain. You gain at about half the speed you do of a normal bulk, but also gain about 1/4th the fat. Some people swear by it, some hate it.

>>40061172
That's standard.
>>
File: image.jpg (136KB, 1200x848px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 1200x848px
>>40058864
Starting construction work tomorrow, had a week and a half off due to some problems. Would it be smart to go do a 30min cardio to warm up for tomorrow?
>>
>>40061042
ty, luv u get home safe pls
>>
>>40061186
>>40061188
Thanks
>>
>>40060987
so, if you get a girl in your room or you're in her room it's an obvious indicator that she is sexually attracted to you. rule #1: girls never start shit lol, they're insecure, the man is the lead.
me personally i don't say shit, i just talk about cool stuff like life or some facts or some bullshit like that, or joke around idk, you can start with slick shit but...idk
so first of all get them on the bed and sit right next to them like invade their personal space, cause you're trying to get personal. so while you talk or whatever you start touching them: their thigh, their hand, their arm, whatever, like you can have a lame excuse to hold their shit as well but start touching them, maybe since you seem nervous about starting you just touch whenever you say something idk, but keep your hand on them.
maybe get into that palm reading bullshit.
kissing is something that you must initiate, like you're getting closer and closer, you're touching her; so now you notice your lips gravitating towards each other ever so slightly, so either take her hands and like slightly pull her toward you to kiss (also girls love it when you shut them the fuck up, like you kiss them mid sentence because it's like skip the bullshit let's do this) or you can just kiss without all the pulling bullshit but it's way hotter.
>protip: while you kiss place your hand on the back of her head, grab a thick clump on the roots of her hair and pull that shit (not hard like an aspie but slightly. with a bit of force)
>>
What is the difference between

AXBXCDX
and
PPLXPPLX
>>
>>40061134
It's not that i don't want to do them, it's just that i go to the only gym in a crowded, tiny town especially around this time of year. and Its become a huge chore to actually get on one of the 2 bench presses or squat racks. I shit you not, most days i show up there's at least 2 people in a Line to get on (most of which stay on for a good while once they can actually get it) and i only have about 1 1/2 hours to be there with my schedule/driving time
>>
>>40061211
>>40061222
any questions or details please ask
>>
>>40061231

with PPL you hit everybody part twice a week. its great
>>
Ok so I read the sticky and I'm gonna start SS program, I literally never went to the gym in my life, how do I know which weight to start? And how much do I have to eat? I'm 68kg, 1,81m
>>
>>40061206
no you fucking idiot, you're going to bust your ass all day doing cardio. save your energy for actual work
>>
File: 1484557087901.png (14KB, 217x565px) Image search: [Google]
1484557087901.png
14KB, 217x565px
>>40061252
with the other one it also hits body parts twice and the guy that did it got really juicy idk if I should abandon my PPL to follow it
>>
>>40061267
Your first day test how much you can rep 3x5 or whatever SS tell you to do so that on the fifth rep you're really struggling to complete the rep
>>
>>40061231
Twice the frequency of training for each major lift is the major benefit.

>>40061234
Go at a different time. Ask to work in.
>>
Ok guys I live in Putinland and never been in Planet Fitness gyms there or in other countries. This night I've been watching youtube vids to get better understanding of proper form and ventured to "lol gym fails" section. A couple of those actually featured "lunk alarms" - tornado warning sirens installed on the walls that go off when someone is screaming under heavy weight and so on and forth.
IS IT FUCKING REAL? Does PF actually HAVE LUNK ALARMS or it is a stupid meme and PF hasn't fallen THAT FAR yet?
>>
>>40061276

yeah that routine seems fine. but if you're making good progress on PPL then there's no real reason to swtich. the guy that did it isn't juicy because he switched routines. they're both valid.
>>
File: 1483583029429.jpg (130KB, 640x620px) Image search: [Google]
1483583029429.jpg
130KB, 640x620px
I was going to post this in the routine threads but those seem dead as fuck

I want a routine that has squat, bench, OHP and deadlift on different days. Is this fucking stupid? Are there already established routines that do this? I'm doing Wendler's 5/3/1 right now and it seems alright but progress is a bit slow since I'm like a interbeginner, been lifting for a year but 9/12 of those months were on a caloric deficit so strength gains have been minimal.
>>
>>40061337

PPL

bench on Push 1, OHP on Push 2
>>
>>40061337
PPL where you switch OHP and Bench on Push days, but that mean's you're only doing them once a week
>>
My tricep is not "complete"

The muscle stops half way down my arm. Towards the elbow, I don't have tricep muscle and it looks really odd. How do I get fuller triceps?
>>
>>40061270
Yeah man I haven't done shit in 2 months, besides working out. I work union so it was slow... Ima just warm up like a casual walk and sauna to relax the body. I be falling asleep at 2 in the morning and I got work at 7 am tomorrow.
>>
>>40061222
Yeah all makes sense. They way you described touching sounds like the way to go but has always seemed to me like a huge leap of faith. Muchas Gracias, I'll give it a shot this weekend
>>
>>40061402
Good luck hombre
>>
>>40061188
How many calories above TDEE is lean bulking? 250?
>>
>>40061222
thank you anon :)
>>
>>40061308
it's a meme but PF is generally not a great choice in-comparison to most other gyms. Their business model caters to fatties who don't want to try to lose weight.
>>
>>40061490
anywhere between 200-300. There's not positive answer, just enough to where you're gaining weight slightly each week, at least 1/4-1/2 a pound.
>>
File: 1458231902979.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1458231902979.gif
2MB, 500x282px
>>40058864
I get weird heart palpitations at night sometimes it really freaks me out (doesn't help a relative recently died of cardiac arrest and ancestry has shit heart health) so does anyone else experience these and what would be best? I've narrowed it down and it can't be angania cause its not a pain but sort like a faint pressure with a slightly increased heart rate (last time I checked it was 88bpm which isn't terrible but pretty high at rest) so my guess is probably sinus tachycardia or SVT. Will definitely hit the cardiologist within the week but I was curious about /fit/'s thoughts.
>>
started walking 5k a day to lose some weight. I am super fat and now I'm sick. like shitting nothing but liquid and fatigued, headache, etc. is my body in shock or did I just get food poisoning or something?
>>
When im deadlifting, my back is straight at the bottom, but rounds at the top/my lats. Is this ok? Ive tried to correct in the mirror but that's how it is
>>
>>40061698
Do not listen to advice on the internet of possible serious health problems.

Save your questions for the doctor.
>>
>>40061699
exercise doesn't make you shit liquid, possible you just had a bad combo of food or got the flu.

also, you're not going to lose weight unless you change your diet as well. Give the sticky a read.
>>
>>40061699
you're just sick keep walking (and eating less)

(and eating less, fucker)
>>
>>40061720
Yeah that's what I'm planning. Was just curious if anyone has experienced this before.
>>
Im doing SS and my goal is to lose weight. Do I follow my TDEE calculations to lose weight or my neccessary intake -500cal?
ex: 1800-2100cal/day to lose weight
TDEE: 2600

Also should I start counting macros or is it that too early to matter?
>>
>>40061845
sedentary intake - 500

>Also should I start counting macros or is it that too early to matter?
always count calories when losing weight.
>>
I'm pretty skeletal but I've been lifting for over a month and a half and I've definelty seen some changes in the early weeks but now it seems like nothing is happening, I eat like crazy and still don't gain either
>>
I'm a dude but I want an ass that'll give straight guys an internal struggle.

But, as it is now, I have a Hank Hill ass.

What exercises can I do that'll guarantee I get a huge, round feminine butt, besides just nice deep squats?
>>
>>40061917
>I eat like crazy and still don't gain either
aka "I don't count my calories"

Are you following a lifting program? And post your height/weight.
>>
>>40059071
your feet should be straight too, no duck feet
>>
>>40061858
I count calories and protein to try to get .8-1g of protein per pound of weight. I've seen other people count carbs or fats, is that too much for me to take into account so early into gettin fit?
>>
>>40062031
I thought feet had to be pointed out about 30deg
>>
>>40062104
what is your current calorie goal, height, and weight?
>>
>>40061308
Lunk Alarm is real but it's controlled by the whale employees
>>
I have a loyal gf
I have had her as my best friend for a year and my gf for 4 months

So why AM I FEELING THIS PRIMAL URGE TO CHEAT

I used to be one of these "that feel when lonely, that feel when no gf" guys and now I have this insatiable urge to fuck some random whore and never call her back? WHY?
>>
>>40062246
how often do you have sex?
>>
>>40062246
Fuck her more and experiment with more fetishes.
>>
>>40062246
What's the site where you put in an image and use a given filter to do this shit to it? Some guy from /pol/ made it I think.
>>
>>40062250
My girlfriend is Muslim so not that often, maybe twice a week. I make her cum because she was born with a tiny vagina so that makes her very loyal to me alone.

>>40062280
Yeah I want to have a threesome but she says that's haram despite the fact that Achmed is somehow entitled to four fucking wives.
>>
>>40062185
1800-2100, 5'8, 185
>>
Is it possible to get ripped in time for a [spoiler]furry[/spoiler] convention in july?
>>
Long story short

>former college athlete (small local school for one year only)
>got hurt in an accident unrelated to school, but still ended my athletic career
>doctor said that nothing is wrong with my back
>back never went to medical school and still thinks it's hurt

I have gotten weak and fat and want to get back in shape, however there is no way that I would chance getting under any weights because if my back goes it takes everything I have just to stay off the floor under normal circumstances.

Is there any way to pack the meat back on without lifting? I am OK with slow progress, and care more about muscle mass than aesthetics by a wide margin. Even though I will probably never be able to do it again, I used to be able pick the front end of the tractor up at work while somebody else put blocks under it, and I would like to at least look like I still can.
>>
>>40062354

addition to this, I'd like to make a fat bitch jealous.
>>
>>40062351
well no shit you're not making progress, those calories make no sense. Your sedentary TDEE is 2150 and you're more or less eating around your maintenance.

You want to eat the same amount of calories every day or else your weight loss won't be consistent. Beyond that your current intake is at-best 350 less than maintenance or at maintenance. You won't be losing more than half a pound per week at that rate.

You can probably go for a 750 deficit and get away with fairly speedy weight loss as well as getting some noob gains at the gym. Try eating at 1650 for 2 weeks and then lower it to 1400. Try to get in the protein every day if you can.
>>
>>40062391
Thanks, I was wondering why I was more or less still the same weight over the past month and a half. Alright I can do 1650, so I should try and get atleast150g of protein a day?
>>
>>40062422
150g is probably a bit much, honestly .7g per pound for you is likely enough. I doubt you've built much if any muscle to risk loss.

So aim for 130g per day
>>
>>40061267
start with just the bar, if its ez add a little weight.
>>
File: 1484254271841.jpg (52KB, 435x508px) Image search: [Google]
1484254271841.jpg
52KB, 435x508px
Hey guys, I got a few questions for you relating to dumbbells

1) is it possible to make any decent gains using dumbbells? The highest number I have in my set is 35lbs and I could always go to the gym for bigger weights
2) how should I handle my diet? I'm currently at about a ~20-22% body fat at 163 6'0" and I was wondering whether I should cut down to about 15% body fat and resume eating normally and transform the bulk into gains, whats your opionion on this?
3) assuming you can make some progress with dumbbells what would a good workout routine compose of? I'm hoping to get chest, arms, and shoulders. How could I do this with dumbbells?
4) how optimal would it be to focus on cardio at the moment? Should I focus on doing that until about 15% body fat or should I just stick to a clean diet?

Thanks for your input and suggestions!
>>
>doing lat pulldowns for the first time
>barely feel my lats getting worked
>forearms are on fire
is this normal
>>
>>40062532

You're probably pulling with the wrong muscle. Use your damn lats and you'll be fine
>>
>>40055890
/fa/ggot here, I need some advice.

I'm 6ft, 155, around 15% bf. I want a body composition that falls somewhere between athletically thin and /ripped/. as far as I can tell, I have two options:

1. go full Twink mode at first. lose 12 or so pounds at a steady rate in order to get lean, then mini-bulk back to ~150 while doing compound lifts in sets of 5-8 reps to establish a solid foundation of strength. Once I hit 150, I'll drop some compound lifts in favor of isolation, switching to hypertrophic ratio of reps/set and continue on until about 160 or so.

2. start bulking now and risk getting an unwanted pair of hoog thigh mussels(ik, legs muslces are cool and I'm a faggot but i just want to have a nice silhouette like spike spiegel)

which one /fit/? are they both retarded?
>>
>>40062343
>My girlfriend is Muslim

Fucking dump the cunt dude what the hell are you doing
>>
File: Screenshot_20170117-224250.png (638KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170117-224250.png
638KB, 1080x1920px
>>40062574
here's a pic of me in case that's necessary
>>
Just started weight lifting after 6 months of cardio/diet change induced weight loss. 40lbs off, about 40 lbs to go figured this was a good time to start. Read the sticky, started with SS routine. My upper body is incredibly weak, only felt comfortable starting with 20 lbs for (OHP, BP, Squats). I still felt sore after but I've been faithful for 3 weeks now, adding five pounds every week. Always struggle to push out the last few reps. Now I am at 45 lbs and my former lifter brother is LOSING. HIS. SHIT. He says if I am able to roll out of bed and do anything then I didn't work hard enough. I'm trying to explain I'm just starting out, not trying to do permanent damage as I learn these exercises. Is my brother right? Am I lifting too light? Should I force myself to struggle from the start?
>>
Just started weightlifting this month (resolutioner yada yada) and im decently into it so far. The problem is that my gym (YMCA) has a lot of machines which i think i mostly understand how to use, but i want to try some of the free weights. Im worried i may hurt myself without education/feedback on propper form but i'm too fucking shy to ask for help. What should i do?
Part of me just wants to go at the crack of dawn to figure it out without worrying that a fellow lifter will see/judge my stupidity.
Secondly, is it better to do more reps, less sets or less reps more sets? Ive been aiming for 2-3 sets of 10 but idk whats most effective.
Thank you for your help.
>>
>>40062688
The sticky has gifs and youtube links on various compound exercises, proper form, and a few starting routines. If you need an actual person to teach you, invest in a physical trainer.
>>
Is there any alternatives for milk? Or a special type of milk (like almond milk) that won't cause breakouts

Drinking lots of milk is starting to cause me to breakout. Should I just switch my shakes to water?
>>
File: Snek, 1.png (183KB, 1420x1182px) Image search: [Google]
Snek, 1.png
183KB, 1420x1182px
Okay... How much could I *realistically* improve?

I'm running about five miles a day in preparation for a half marathon in about a month. Currently, I can run it in just over 46-47 minutes.

At the pace I'm going I'll finish in just over two hours, so I was just curious to know about productive ways in which I could improve my running times.

Thanks!
>>
>>40059071
your toes are out quite far, notice your knees not being in line with them when squatting down

that grip seems fucky looks like flexibility issue (i have the same issue)

i also squat 155 lbs lowbar 5x5 currently, maybe ill post a form check here the other day
>>
>>40059712
you need better ankle mobility or lifting shoes with a raised heel
>>
>>40062611
your brother sounds like a fukin loon. Muscles aren't really supposed to be sore after a workout. muscle soreness comes from doing repeatedly doing an exercise your muscles haven't been accustomed to yet. you shouldn't be too sore after working out once your body gets used to your lifting routine. this adaption isn't a bad thing, just make sure you're lifting heavy(make sure your form is at least passable before lifting too heavy, but don't let that be an excuse to fuck off) every sesh and the gains will come. that being said, make sure you're doing the following:

1. SLEEP. those 8 hours are essential to your recovery.
2. you gotta make sure you're getting enough brotein in your diet, around .8g/l
3. drink enough water
4. stretch, if you feel that necessary. I've heard it helps with soreness but not in my experience.
5.post workout snack reduces muscle soreness and replenishes your glycogen stores. ive found that if I don't eat something right after a hard lifting/cardio session then I feel this full fatigue for the rest of the day. idk why.

good luck anon
>>
>>40059906
Only that you can't buy it over the counter in the UK. Because fuck being well rested in the longest-working-hours country in Europe.
>>
>>40062964
I've been doing everything but #5. Will do. I am concerned about ensuring my form is proper which is why I didn't want to strain myself. Will take your advice, thank you very much anon.
>>
>>40062807
you seem to be at a fairly intermediate level of running, your noob gains are behind you by now. for long distance, it's all about getting in a good amount of distance every week. if you run 5 miles a day, that's 35 miles a week. when I ran in cross country that was considered a low weekly mileage, and we were training for 5k races not half marathons.

That being said, it's not a good idea to increase mileage too quickly. I believe the general rule most people adhere to when it comes to how much you should increase your mileage each week is no more than 10%, but that's not set in stone. if you're not particularly challenged by the distance you're already doing, go ahead and run 6 more miles on top of that. if 35 miles is challenging for you, then increase your mileage carefully.

oh and by the way, you shouldn't be running the same distance every day. in any given week of running you should have a fartlek(look it up) day, easy day, a long distance day, and 4 other days of medium pace. your long distance day is a key factor to your training for the half marathon, and it should make up about 20% of your weekly mileage.

good luck anon. please stretch and make sure your shoes arent shitty, shin splints are very easy to get when you train like this.
>>
I want to swim, gym, run and bike daily bc I love and enjoy all of them. What is a realistic schedule that I could follow? I know I'm gonna have to cut down.
>>
4 shots of whey protein a day to cheaply and easily hit half of my needed protein.

Any downfall to this?
>>
So I started counting my calories in November and im aiming for something around 2,700 average per week. My bodybuilder bro at the gym said I would gain weight if I was eating at or above 2400 because im a recovering skelly. I weigh about 150lbs right now and am 5'10.5".

If I keep eating at 2500-2700 calories a week can anyone give me an estimate on how much weight I would gain say by June? Ive only bought a scale last week and am weighing myself every morning but it hasnt been seeming like ive gained weight from the measurements ive taken at the gym, but those werent consistent so maybe I have gained some.
>>
>>40063106
farts probably

none else
>>
File: 011111.jpg (379KB, 1315x763px) Image search: [Google]
011111.jpg
379KB, 1315x763px
>steroid super bulked to 5'8 90kg (water weight bloat included)
>regret it instantly and cutting since november
>progress went from excellent to good to mediocre, now at 82kg

I feel really stressed out and kinda weak and have to eat at maintenance now (2800-3k).

Should I take a 1-2 week breather and just go at purely maintenance until I get my 2 week holiday to do a hardcore PSMF cut with clen and yohimbine added in when I'm at 100% power and at 0 stress/cortisol
>>
How do I stop eating so much? I can't can't lose weight because I just binge eat out of control and it's hard to stop.

Anyone have any tips? Thanks lads
>>
>>40059889
Dunno the specifics but my first time losing weight was by going for runs. After the first 2 or 3 times you won't feel that burning sensation in your shins anymore if you push through it. I started eating standard stuff (cheese sandwhich, normal lunch and dinner) and slowly lost weight.

Now I'm cutting from a bulk and dropped 9,3kg in about 6 weeks. 1500 cals/day with 3 days lifting a week.

187 cm, 73,7 kg now.
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-18+at+02.45.55).jpg (133KB, 505x870px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-18+at+02.45.55).jpg
133KB, 505x870px
>>40058988
I worked as a bank teller for 3 years. She's telling you to fuck off and do the your machine-capable transaction at the machine.

The most talked about pet-peeve of tellers is when customers are doing transactions that can be easily done at the machine. It's quite literally the sole reason why lines are always so long inside the bank. I averaged about 300 customers per day at my branch and I can genuinely say around 200+ of those transactions could of been done at the machine.
>>
Is this routine good?
AsBsR
A is for squat, bench, ohp (3x5)
B is for squat, row, deadlift (3x5)
s is for swimming
R is for running/hiit sprinting
>>
Hey fellas when I sit down and my back/lumbar is not supported my back begins to hurt a very tiny bit. What gives?
>>
>>40063198

some people are stubborn. esp old people.
>>
>>40063269
Absolutely - especially old people. "I like talking to a human being to make sure it actually gets done" mentality.

Humans make fucking mistakes.

The younger crowd usually starts using the machines after we show them how and/or they find out their special transaction is machine-capable.
>>
>>40063252
You're tall. I have the same issue and working out (I think building muscle actually) cured most of it and fixed my standing/sitting form
>>
File: 54a.jpg (26KB, 600x462px) Image search: [Google]
54a.jpg
26KB, 600x462px
Hello /fit/

I'm 6'2 80kg skinnyfat looking to start Stronglifts 5x5 and also start couch to 5k running on rest days

at the moment I've got a 33-34inch (sometimes 32) hips for pants/shorts sizing. as I presumablt lose fat from cadio but gain mass in quads and core(?) will pants sizing decrease or increase? Need to know for buying stuff right now
>>
>>40063159
Dont buy things that you binge eat
Drink tea

I find if i have a mug in front of me I'm less inclined to go make a snack
>>
File: wew.png (43KB, 221x215px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
43KB, 221x215px
>>40063284
>You're tall

H-how did you know?
>>
Current diet is oatmeal/apple/r sandwiches/pasta w sauce, bell and chilli pepper & chicken or mince but I'm at about a 1000cal deficit, where's a good place to make it up?
>>
Is it normal to feel sore in your lower back after squatting? Trying my best to squat properly using hip drive. It doesn't hurt or anything, but it always feels like my lower back gets more of a workout than my legs. Is my back not straight enough maybe?
>>
bumping this>>40063286

pls /fit/
>>
How do you judge if someone has a certain bf? Like some features you can see if someone is under 15% or something?
>>
Hey guys. I'm 5'9 and around 195 pounds. I went from 234 to 195 by lifting and doing cardio. What should my ideal weight and bodyfat be? I'm still cutting; I can feel my body getting tighter though from all the lifting. Also /b/ros do you think I still have a chance for my face to get thinner? My face is still chubby even after losing weight. Thanks alot. Will post pic if anyone wants.
>>
5'9 195 pounds anon here. forgot to add that i just want to look toned. thats all.
>>
What is the best way to stop my farts from smelling like death?

I take protein powder, a multivitamin, and an amino acid blend. Along with regular well balanced eatting.

Lately my farts have stunk so fucking bad, I have to literally leave the room. And it's hard to not do it all day at work or if I'm out with friends.

Is it all the protein, or something in the acid blend? I don't know when it started, but definitely some time after I started taking the two. But, in the past year or so whenever I drank/ate lots of protein, it never smelled like this.
>>
What's the actual benefit of power cleans? All that SS seems to say in endorsement is that they're an explosive movement, but what does that actually mean, why is it a good thing?
>>
Zinc vs ZMAs, what is recommendable? Been using ZMAs for some time now, but I think I'm overdosing on Magnesium, I'm getting the shits. What benefits do ZMAs give you that you don't get with Zinc solo?
>>
>>40063755

If you use whey (and I assume this also applies to casein) protein, lactose is the usual culprit. Even if you're not generally intolerant, the concentration can bring it out.
>>
Are shrugs and standing DB rows a trap exercise or shoulders or both?
>>
>>40063819
I usually only have milk with my cereal in the morning, if I even have any. Maybe 3-4 times a week, or less. Or if I have a little ice cream or gelato at night (usually only like once every week and a half or so).

Is that little amount of lactose really killing me this badly? Can coffee also do it? I've been drinking a lot of coffee lately.
>>
>>40059013
What if I hate 45 minutes of cardio
>>
File: Idiot.gif (1015KB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
Idiot.gif
1015KB, 360x202px
Im eating below my TDEE to burn fat, is weightlifting unnecessary? Except for burning more, which can just be corrected by eating less.
>>
Is fast methabolism a meme or a thing?
>>
File: 1411380807887-fit.jpg (229KB, 705x848px) Image search: [Google]
1411380807887-fit.jpg
229KB, 705x848px
Is there any fitness program using exercise machines instead of barbell training? I joined a gym that has just one bench and cage but lots of machines.

>triceps press, chest press, shoulder press, pec
deck, seated lat, triceps pull down, cross chest pulley, triceps-French press

My legs are very developed due to long walks and running for years. So I want to focus on everything but my legs.
>>
How much of a requirement is getting protein in when building muscle or burning fat? It's pretty much essential? I have a gym and pool membership and have access to plenty of food, but a low ratio of it is good protein, and I'm not sure I have the money to be buying good protein
foods for the next months. If I can't afford protein, is it pointless to cut or bulk?
>>
>dropped out of uni last year because i hated my degree and life
>got accepted into much better uni, closer to home, doing photography
how do i get involved at this new uni and make these 3 years enjoyable?
>>
>>40064597
Try to do machines which replecates compound movements. Then finish the workout with muscles which the machines didnt take properly with a few isolation movements.
>>
File: 1464404791445.jpg (185KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1464404791445.jpg
185KB, 894x894px
>>40058864
When does this so called 'starvation mode' kick in, if it even exists while being active?
I eat arround 1400-1500kcal while burning 300kcal a day @95kg/1,84m and using drinking lots of coffee
>>
>>40064663
Social life is everything at uni. Friends will help, support and make your day better.
>>
>>40064616
The most important part of gaining muscles is caloric surpluss. The 2nd most important thing is protein. It isnt end all to muscle building, but it certanly helps.
Buying whey protein powder is the cheapest way of getting it. YOu can find sales where you can buy 4-6 kg of it for the same amount for a month worth of gym membership.
>>
>>40064706
When you go for multiple days without any food
>>
>>40064663
Join the fuck out of clubs, seriously. I went from a group of like 5-6 friends in high school to literally 25+ in my first semester at uni
>>
Why the fuck do I keep yawning so often when I'm working out? The more intense the workout the more I yawn.
>>
Doing Greyskull LP, are there any accessories I should add or is 3 exercises a workout good for now?
>>
>>40059889
from 245 to 212 in six months
~1,800 cal /day
easy lifting and 30 min cardio every two days
25 pounds more to go
>>
>>40059384
to the clinic now
probably minor but very important to check and fix
>>
>>40063745
25 pounds more to go
>>
File: 1483581948723.png (49KB, 204x176px) Image search: [Google]
1483581948723.png
49KB, 204x176px
I tripped about two weeks ago when I was trying to reset the circuit breaker after a power surge and landed on my hands, spraining both thumbs in the process. The first few days were agonizingly painful and any sort of manipulation of my thumb was almost impossible (I had to use both hands clasped around my keys to crank my car as I couldn't do anything with my thumb due to swelling and pain, it was that bad).

It has improved significantly since then but seems like it has plateaued. My doctor says this should heal if I don't aggravate it but not to put any crazy stresses or strains on it. I tried to do a pushup and wasn't able to support my own weight as a result due to the pain of it. My grip strength is also much lower. Again this should heal in time but it is important not to unduly aggravate it. It is not fractured.

What can I do in place of simple exercise techniques in the meanwhile? Bear in mind that anything requiring a decent amount of gripping or putting pressure on my palms is a no go at the moment.When I take a bunch of tylenol the pain is not such a big deal but I'm afraid of making it worse... but this ordeal could take up to two months to heal to a satisfactory level.
>>
complete beginner, what's a good hypertrophic routine to start off with?
>>
File: On Second Thought....jpg (193KB, 1024x692px) Image search: [Google]
On Second Thought....jpg
193KB, 1024x692px
>>40063070
Thanks, anon!

I never even considered the "long distance running" day (Kind of new to this whole "training thing," if you couldn't tell), but I'm glad I'm being pointed in the right direction.

As a side note, how much does going to the gym for leg strengthening help with running? I'm thinking of going semi-regularly (2-3 times a week).
>>
During DL, Alan Thrall says that shoulders should be at barbell-level. Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaNb5HDniYE

However, in the SL5x5 guide, Mehdi says shoulders should be beyond the bar!
Pic related description is : "Left: shoulders over the bar, hips are too low, you’ll hit your shins and knees. Right: shoulders in front of bar, shoulder-blades over the bar, correct position."

What is correct??
>>
I'm only getting like, 60~ grams of protein a day, but eating between 1500-1900 calories. Is that okay? I'm currently just counting calories, and doing light workouts 2-3x a week.
>>
File: IMG_20170118_162555.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170118_162555.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Is there any taste difference or nutritional difference between Coke Zero, Diet Coke, and Coke Life?
>>
>>40065545
Whichever works for your frame. If you have long arms and short legs, your shoulders will inch past the bar.
>>
>>40065545
They are saying the exact same thing. Shoulderblades, not shoulders.
>>
>>40065545

Never mind this >>40065792, I didn't watch the video.

They both show "shoulders in front of the bar". Thall is talking about 'shoulder blades'. Your scapula is a pretty long bone and there's plenty of leeway depending on your frame.
>>
>>40065686
>Taste
Absolutely. Coke Zero is based off Coca Cola's formula while Diet Coke is based off of the old New Coke formula.

>Nutritional
Sweetener type, I think

But you shouldn't drink much soda to begin with.
>>
File: c0c.jpg (40KB, 634x650px) Image search: [Google]
c0c.jpg
40KB, 634x650px
>>40058864
getting lightheaded when I deadlift

How do i stop this?
>>
>>40065792
>>40065829
>>40065831
I see. Now, how do I feel my shoulderblades being above the barbell?
>>
>>40065856
Take bigger breaths before each rep, make sure to breathe on the way down.

Getting a little lightheaded isn't unusual when lifting heavy, you're literally stealing oxygen from other parts of your body.
>>
>>40065856
I get light headed whenever I stand up, or on approach to start a lift. Wut do?
>>
File: alkxd.png (22KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
alkxd.png
22KB, 112x112px
>>40061116
Baby barbells kek
>>
>>40061184
adonis belt
>>
File: batmann.jpg (93KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
batmann.jpg
93KB, 700x350px
Tips for growing big shoulders? i have baby shoulders atm, but everything is coming along nicely. I do military press, arnold press, side lateral raise, rear delt raise and standing upright rows. Not really seeing any progress and I'm afraid of increasing weight because I can feel a slight stinging pain in my right shoulder between workouts
>>
>>40065531
another runner here, but not the guy you were talking to previously. he had good advice, especially about varying your workout types. a good schedule to follow every week is:

Mon- easy day, where you run at a very comfortable pace for no more than 20 mins, regardless of what you're training for

Tues- interval, progression, fartlek, or combo day, where you run the workout so that the total time/distance spent "on" is equal to the time/distance you are training for, and your pace while "on" is the same, or slightly faster than the pace you want to achieve

Wed- economy day, where you focus on proper form (so things like lift your legs up, lean forward, etc...) but worked into an actual run (can be a continuous run, or light intervals), usually at threshold pace (this is the border between aerob and anaerob, and usually is right about where you start finding it difficult to hold a conversation and run at the same time) or just below, and for 75% - 150% the distance/time you are training for. It will often feel like an easy day.

Thurs- "easy" day, where you run at whatever pace is comfortable for you that day for 75% - 100% of the time/distance you are training for

Fri- prep day, same as easy day, but take special time after your run to do form drills, some fast (but not sprint) short intervals (200m - 400m), and stretching

Sat- race pace day, where you run the distance/time you want to run at the pace you want to run (or the fastest pace you are capable of), as if it were an actual race

Sun- long run day, where you run at a comfortable pace for 150% - 300% the time/distance you are training for

Sun, Mon, Tues, and Sat are the most important training days and should be as they are relative to each other here in every schedule. The other days you can slack a little, but you won't see best results if you do.
>>
Cont.

>>40066175
This is a good schedule for anything half-marathon or shorter. Decrease listed %s as the distance/time you are training for goes up, but only do minimal on days where you really need it.

Obviously progress with your pacing, and your distance/time if you want.

Leg strength training will not help all that much with running once you are pretty good at it, but will help initially. It may save you some joint pain/save you from injury if you are smart about it.
>>
>>40066179
If you are newer to running, which it seems like you are, you will need to work up to those %s that are higher, but you can still use the same workout-type format, just with lighter loads.
>>
I keep seeing lifting is better than cardio if I want to lose weight. I don't want to cut or gain muscle right now. I just want to be slim

Im already on a diet and the only thing I do is walk from my home to work. so should I just lift until my hearts content?
>>
>>40059071
Get weightlifting shoes.

Your heels should not get of the floor.

The weight distribution should be in the middle to the oustide of your foot, in order for your feet not to cave in. Face your feet a little forward and/or spread your knees outside.
>>
>>40058864
I keep losing weight but my hips look wider and wider in the process
Is there a way to not look like an half assed trap?
>>
>>40066100
You could experiment with the following for a few weeks.

Try less exercises and add more weight/volume on your main lifts.

Heavier military press, if still stalling, try push press for a while. More/less volume, if not progessing.

Drop arnold press and upright rows. Keep volume low to moderate on lateral raises.

Heavier more volume on rows or add facepulls for rear delts.
>>
How much stress would it put on my shoulders to do my usual OHP every other gym day, but also do lat raises, rear delt flies, and seated OHP machine on the other gym days outside of days I do OHP? Will I burn myself out with constant shoulder work or is this feasible?
>>
>>40066309
Work on your core (especially obliques), lats and shoulders.
>>
>>40066374
lateral shoulder raises*
>>
>>40066374
Depends on the overall routine and volume. Even then, sounds not feasible.
>>
>>40066362
I'll try those. What do you mean more volume, more reps right?

I think I need to quit drag curls because I believe the shoulder/forearm pain stems from that.
>>
>>40058864

so I've been training for about a year and made some decent progress on a bulk, finally hitting my target of about 80kg and was due to come off it soon enough

issue is I'm heading off for a month to tour australia and worried about strength loss

is there anything i can do to minimise this? should i continue to eat at a surplus despite not lifting? or just maintenance? is it worth trying to do some bodyweight stuff while I'm over there?

or should i stop being an autist and just enjoy my break
>>
>>40066445
Read the sticky.

If you do something like 3x5 for Military Press, you could add 2 more sets for 5x5.

Or you could keep 3x5 and add 2-3x10 with less weight.

Same principles applies to other exercises.
>>
Is there any sense in a semi-novice (~6.5 months) lifter going to a PPL scheme to build aesthetics for the summer cut? Or should I stick with a strength program?
>>
>>40066453
Maintenance and do some bodyweight exercises just to stay somewhat active.

I would do some rehab bodyweight work. Endurance rep scheme for pushups, pullups, planks, bodyweight squats (for example). All slow and controled.
>>
I can't tell if this is good or bad soreness the day after deadlifting. Is it supposed to hurt/be sore if I bend over forwards?
>>
How the fuck did i just sprain my hamstring muscle when doing a bench press?

Am i really that stupid?
>>
>>40066487
No. Stick.
>>
>>40066537

gotcha, cheers brah
>>
>>40066541
Yes, since you are stretching those muscle groupes when you bend over.

Some light cardio and stretching should help. If you are in actual pain and not soreness then stretching would only be counter productive.
>>
>>40066544
While it may sound stupid, warm up properly, bench is a compound exercise and you do use your legs during the lift.

You could of pulled your hamstring getting out of bed.

Shit happens.
>>
How can i build endurance? Just doing cardio?
>>
>>40066620
That and conditioning for the specific sport you want to gain endurance.
>>
>>40066480
Thanks
>>
>>40066672
Thank you. What is the best for Judo? Is Couch to 5k the best for running?
>>
>>40066700
Couch to 5k is a good beginner intro to running. Its a good program.

Some form of light to moderate weight compound exercises in a circuit fashion could help with conditioning.

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQb8folTFQA
>>
What should I look for in weightlifting shoes?
>>
I have disposable income for the first time in my life. Is a power rack a good investment, or should I stick with a gym membership?

I live in an upstairs apartment. Will squatting and deadlifting heavy weights be dangerous for the construction?
>>
>>40066872

depends on the apartment, I've on an upper floor apartment but got solid concrete round about me and a half rack was the best investment I've made

also get the big rubber bumper weights to minimize any noise, the only issue is heavy deadlifts really but just lower the weight properly
>>
>>40066950
Do you know any way to tell what's under the carpet short of pulling it up? I've got a concrete porch, but the only room I can fit a squat rack in I have no clue.
>>
Well I didn't get any responses on my own thread so I guess I'll ask here

Hey guys, new to this side of 4chan and I just have a few questions for you guys.

I started working out last week just doing calisthenics and I actually got a gym membership yesterday for the first time in my life. Worked out for about 30 minutes but didn't really know what I was doing, but it's a learning process and I've been doing research so I'll figure that out as I go.

You see I'm 6'2 and 180 lbs of skinnyfat, but I'm not trying to cut because that's fuckin dumb I'd rather be fat and strong THEN cut.
Also I'm a vegetarian but I eat dairy products and eggs.
So this morning I had 2 veggie burgers, 7 eggs, some cheese, and 2 glasses of milk. When I added all the protein it came to about 100 grams. My goal is to eat 220-230 a day. Is that about right or should I aim higher? Also I'm trying to eat 3500-3800 calories a day, again do I have the right idea with this shit?
I'm working out legs today, I got chicken legs but I really wanna be able to have a good workout today I heard squats are the best exercise you can do so I'm trying to kill it today at the gym.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>40059024
It depends if you want to get strong or get lean. If you want to get strong, you have to have something with low volume and heavy intensity. If you want to get lean you need to do high volume in the gym 5-6 days a week with lighter weights.
>>
File: gallons-of-milk[1].jpg (135KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
gallons-of-milk[1].jpg
135KB, 800x600px
Is GOMAD still a /fit/ thing?
>>
>>40063198
i would normally beleive this but there was no one in line. there was 4 tellers just sitting their waiting and she grabbed me right away so perhaps she was really bored
>>
>>40063198
i would normally believe this but there was no one in line. there was 4 tellers just sitting their waiting and she grabbed me right away so perhaps she was really bored
>>
I have a pain when bending over or taking deep breaths below my right shoulder blade. Idk if lifting related.
>>
6'4", 363lbs here. Calculators say I should eat like 3000-3300 calories if I want to lose weight, but that's a shit load of food to be eating when it's 'heathy' things

Can I just eat around 2500 without any issue? That's with around 130g protein. My diet will be mostly veg, grains, nuts and fruit with a little dairy.
>>
Ok lads, I'm about to have sex

Two questions: how fast should I go and what percentage of my dick should I be thrusting in? (About 7inches)

She may ask to shower after the fact. What does this entail? I heard shower sex is shit, so should I just make out or whatever and maybe finger her? Also does this mean to actually put soap on and clean or whatever?

Please don't laugh at my autism
>>
>>40063198
I don't give a fuck if you find it inconvenient to do your job.

If I come in and ask you to serve me in the way that you get paid to do so, you fucking do so. That's your fucking job.

If you don't like it then quit. What you're doing would be like if chefs complained that people didn't just com into the kitchen and cook their own food.
>>
Is leangains and IF just a meme? What's the advantage over standard bulking/cutting cycles?
>>
>>40063660
unless you wear women's pants, pant size is measured as inseam length and waist/hip girth.

If you wear your pants around your waist you may need to move up a size or two in girth, but it should not affect your height.
>>
how do i stop getting blisters in my hands?i think im getting them from my old ass barbell
>>
>>40067619
Gloves
>>
>>40067632
what types of glove?not trolling just a noob
>>
>>40067653
Go to a sports store and look for powerlifting gloves. Mine are leather and fingerless idk if that's normal
>>
>>40067530
Eat healthy in reasonable amounts and move more. Don't worry about calories desu senpai
>>
Who should I ask to spot me when I bench if I don't have a buddy and I go to my local YMCA which is all old people? Will the staff spot me?
>>
If I'm gonna do starting strength, but I've been lifting for a year so my max deadlift is 375, which phase of starting strength should I start on? I dunno if I'll have enough time to recover if I start on phase 1.
>>
>>40067765
Pull up a bench in a squat rack with safety pins. Bench in that, fuck spotters
>>
>>40067684
Ok thanks. Today I'm at 2,509 calories, 271g carbs, 95g fat and 124g protein. My new job is forcing me to move more, I have to walk 40 minutes each way

I'll keep it up
>>
A light beer in a calorie controlled (within my weekly limit) cut won't hurt things a lot will they? britfag here can't watch the beautiful game without a pint.
>>
File: 1484507722078.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1484507722078.gif
1MB, 320x213px
On most of those TDEE sites my TDEE without exercising turns out to be 2200, however when I put in how I work out for 5 - 6 days a week (on PPL), it jumps up 500 cals.

Do I cut at 2200 or 1700 if I want to cut at a 500 cal deficit?
>>
File: Untitled.png (93KB, 459x828px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
93KB, 459x828px
>>40058864
Every time I've ran recently I immediately get a sharp pain in spot pictured. How do I stop this?
>>
>Meet girl from work
>Help her with some work
>After a couple of days we kind of make out, that means i grab her boobs and dry hump her because she had her period and she wasn't sure she was over her ex, she doesn't let me kiss her also i'm an officer and she is a sergeant and she doesn't know if we should be together
>The day after that i kiss her and fingerbang her making her cum , still didn't fuck her cause she was on the rug
>She was all over me that evening but she was leaving for 1 week leave and she tells me that we can't be together because she will go see her ex on her leave and she's confused
>Tell her whatever it's cool

I'm confused brahs, she kept inviting me over her house and she definetely likes me, did i do something wrong? I haven't messaged her all the time she was on leave because i don't want to seem desperate, what should i do?
>>
>>40068161
Shes a trannie
>>
is PPL a good beginner's routine or should I do SS before that? interested in aesthetics over strength desu
>>
>>40068137
That's a cramp ya dick. And they suck mine stopped after running for awhile. And note you can't outrun the cramp it just gets worse. to where I fell over while running cleaning my stomach like I got shanked with a rusty spoon
>>
How do I factor in macros when cutting/bulking? Just started counting my calories at the start of the year and plan to start bulking in February
>>
>>40067783
Will do.
>>
>>40061184
There are inner and outer obliques. One gives you those nice love handles you've got there. It's a muscle and heavily trained on your part. Vacuums might help but you probably did side leans or whatever that exercise is.
>>
Just a quick question about basic shit lads. I've read the sticky many times but I am in disbelief about the following supposed fact:

I've calculated my TDEE to be 2300 calories. I'm on a -1000 cut to lose two pounds a week. Every day now I have a calorie allowance of 1300. This is pretty meager to what I'm used to. But I walk 15km most days, which I've calculated burns around 900 calories conservatively. This would allow me to consume 2200 calories in a day, is that correct?

I can't believe it's that straightforward, because that 15km walking is easy, I can walk without feeling I'm expending any effort. So for that walk I can eat 900 calories more and still lose at a rate of two pounds a week.

Is that correct?
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.