[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 31

File: 1484097574745.jpg (50KB, 635x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484097574745.jpg
50KB, 635x500px
Hi /fit/

Been eating clean the last month (except for the usual holidays crap). I've lost 6 lbs or 3 kilo, went from 152 to 146. I'm 5'10 and dyel, 3 weeks into lifting. Just now I started counting calories today. My tdee is 1650 according to MyFitnessPal. Turns out I'm 800+ calories above my tdee for the day. I've been eating Like this for weeks. This is pretty fucking surprising since I've been losing fat for weeks as Well.

How is this possible? I'm on SL since 3 weeks plus do cardio once or twice a week. Besides that my metabolism is really fast (I eat shitloads a day). How can you explain this? Is my tdee too low for my activity? Is it just good metabolism? Before counting calories I thought I was on a cut while the numbers on Paper should be resulting in me gaining weight, right?

Also QTDDTOT
>>
>>40041828

Op here, I should also point out that I've been eating a lot of crap previously and got away with it without gaining a lot of weight. Hence the fast metabolism.
>>
>>40041828
You are not counting calories properly. Eat the same shit for an entire week, no variation and properly measured, raw meat, rice, weight your veggies and your fruits and weight yourself daily, if by the end of the week you have the same weight (+-0.5lb still applies) then you know your real caloric intake for a day and you move on from there adding or substracting kcals. Considering you are a fucking skelly at 146 I highly suggest adding 500kcal or more. Don't worry too much if you go overboard tho you will experience better noob gains with a higher surplus as your body is still getting used to real weights. You really don't have to mind the calories that much so early on your training, but you gotta set them up properly tho.
>>
>>40042031

Thanks for the input. By 'setting them up' you mean eating the right food (and right combinations)?
>>
When they say 1/2/3/4 do you mean 1rm or 5rm. Fuck everytime I ask I get a different answer REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>40042094
Yes, eating the right macros, 0.8 to 1g max protein for bulking and 1 to 1.2 for cutting. It doesn't matter if you go overboard by 100g or carbs 1 day because of a coffee or if you eat way too much protein 1 day at a BBC, you are way underweight so the fat spill is gonna be neglible. What does matter is you not eating enough protein for a day and filling those extra calories with empty carbs aka junk food.
>>
>>40042178

I'm aware about that so no issues there. I've been eating lots of sardines, mackerel, eggs, beans, lenzils, Greek yoghurt etc etc so I definitely get enough proteins.
>>
I'm 5'11'' tall but have the wingspan and standing reach of the average 5'9'' guy. Each arm is an inch shorter than average. How fucked am I? How will it affect my form and lifts once I get to serious weight?
>>
they always make fat people do cardio when trying to lose weight
whats bad about lifting weights when trying to lose weight?
I-i'm asking f-for a friend.....
>>
For those of you who have done 5x5,

when did y'all switch to a different method or change your routine?

I'm just over two months now and still making some progress, but the squats are starting to get really tiring.
>>
>>40043538
Lifting weights works out better long term, increased muscle mass = higher metabolic rate. Plus lifting burns a decent amount of calories.

Cardio is important however, not just for the calories burned (you can't outrun a bad diet, an hour of running is one big-mac) but in order to keep your cardio-vascular and pulmonary systems healthy.

Lifting + a moderate amount of cardio (about 30 minutes per day) is the best solution for fatties. "Cardio kills gains" is a meme with a grain of truth to it, but that grain of truth applies only in specific contests and never to a dyel fatty.
>>
>>40043570
It's all on the page, just follow the instructions: if you had to deload twice in a row switch to 3X5 for that exercise. Generally you'll exhaust LP in 2 to 6 months.
>>
Sup buddies

I'm a newbiew (2nd month of lifting), wonderijg about accessory exercises to add in to my routine. Currently doing the /fit/ Greyskull LP variant (like phrak's but w/ curls on A/C days), and adding:

1. Lat pulldowns after the press on days ABC
2. Tricep Kickback on days A,C
3. Tricep Pulldown on day B

This sort of has no rhyme or reason to it so I feel there's plenty of room for improvement. Currently my squats don't feel like they work my core so I've been thinking of adding situps/plank on all days but does anyone have any suggestions?

(Lifting to 'tone' / for strength if that helps)
>>
>>40043538
Nothing is bad about lifting weights to lose fat. That said, particularly with free weights, more knowledge is required or you risk hurting yourself. Everyone knows how to do cardio without any training, which is why everyone recommends it. The treadmills are always where I see the NY crowd swarming to.

Of course, you can still hurt yourself doing cardio like a retard, but the risk is less than some clueless dude trying to do a bench press. What i've said here also doesn't account for being so obese that cardio is going to destroy your joints.
>>
>>40043837
>>40043633
thanks guys im not exactly a dyel fag ive done weight training before so i guess i gotta start again
>>
so when referring to 1/2/3/4 do ya'all mean for reps or 1RM?
>>
>>40043989
Strength standards are generally 1RM, unless noted otherwise.
>>
>>40044001
what exactly is 1 2 3 4?
>>
>>40043776
My advice to you is to stop worrying about minutae like the exact accessories you choose to do.
Make sure you're getting appreciable volume on every major group consistently and don't let yourself start being autistic about it.
It truly does not matter nearly as much as just getting in and doing the work. Would another exercise benefit you better than the one you chose? Maybe. But it doesn't matter that much. Just do it. Nip this habit now before you start getting more worried about that than form, control, consistency, etc.

Except don't do situps they're not awesome for your lower back.
>>
>>40044048

1pl8 OHP, 2 bench, 3 squat, 4 deadlift
>>
>>40044048
A strength benchmark, by convention it's the point when you're no longer considered weak by places like /fit/, still very far from strong.

60kg OHP/100kg Bench Press/140kg Squat/180kg Deadlift.
>>
Singles for weighted pull-ups on my pull-up strength days. Yes or no? Should I be doing more reps? I do 50 pullups on my two volume days and 10 weighted singles on my two strength days.
>>
>>40044110
Good for fun or power development if you're making sure to do each rep very quickly.
But if you're just doing close to the heaviest single you can manage for 10 sets you could be working more efficiently for strength development.
Heavy sets of 3 would still be a good stimulus for strength development without the shittiness of high rep weighted pull-ups, which is what you're trying to avoid, don't lie to yourself.
>>
File: 1402513184919.jpg (470KB, 1111x983px) Image search: [Google]
1402513184919.jpg
470KB, 1111x983px
How can I warm up my wrists better for OHP?

Before this is answered by a Rippletits DYEL: yes, you do need to warm up joints before a heavy compound and no, sets with a lighter weight doesn't do the trick.
>>
>>40044078
Thanks anon. Would you say feeling like I'm not hitting certain groups is a sign of bad form then?
>>
>>40044295
If you're a beginner then don't worry about what it feels like hitting. You'll feel the soreness most in your weakest muscles rather than the ones the exercise is hitting, it doesn't necessarily mean you have bad form.

Once you've lifted for a while it will feel right.
>>
>>40044295
"feeling it" is a retarded bro-science metric.
If you're performing the movement correctly then you're using the muscles that that exercise is "supposed" to work.
I'm not saying don't do your research. Be informed about what exercises do what and plan accordingly, just don't let yourself get caught up in it.
>>
Is there anything wrong with eating 25g almonds, 25g cashew nuts and 25g walnuts each day? That's about a handful of each as a snack.

Decent protein, good spread of nutrients and omega 3. But is it 'unhealthy' to eat that many nuts each day? Since I rarely eat meat and struggle to get protein, I hope not.
>>
>>40044426
no
>>
If I'm 5'11 and 78kg at ~17-19% bodyfat at what weight can I expect to be ~10-11%?
>>
I've been cutting for the past week and a half @1700 calories and 91KG. I'm still at the same weight. Rugby practise starts this week and I'm not sure if I should lower my calories or maybe with the added cardio I might start losing weight. I also started using creatine at the start of the cut, could that be it?
>>
>>40044444
Agreed and checked
>>
>>40041828
The more i look at that photo the more i think that guy has made it.

He has a pissening physique
He has a qt wife/gf
He has dylan roof as a son.

What is there to laugh at?
>>
>>40044510
Keep it the same at least. 1700 is pretty low for someone at that weight who is even moderately active. Yes, creatine causes water retention so that almost certainly has something to do with it.
>>
>>40044510
I don't think 1.5 weeks is going to necessarily register. you're body weight probably fluctuates daily depending on water/if you've taken a fat shit, etc., which would compensate for the 1-2 lbs you would have lost if properly cutting anyway. give it a few more weeks maybe familam, and don't stress.

also 1700 calories sounds like starvation mode, have you properly done your TDEE and all that?

>>40044444
legendary
>>
File: Screenshot_20170110-125638.png (507KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170110-125638.png
507KB, 1080x1920px
I've had upper stomach pain for the past few weeks. It's a very dull pain with no other symptoms other than being lethargic. It basically felt like someone was pushing their fist through my top part of my stomach. I took 3 pregnancy tests, all spread out by a week so I'm not pregnant. Drank a bunch of Coke Zero, been burping a lot and the pain is not so intense anymore. Any idea anons? I'm not allergic to anything.
>>
>>40044627
neat
>>
File: 1402790507842.jpg (310KB, 530x533px) Image search: [Google]
1402790507842.jpg
310KB, 530x533px
>>40044240
Anyone to save my poor, hurting wrists?
>>
>>40044782
no faggot.
>>
>>40044240
>>40044782
If you're really feeling the need to warm up your wrists before pressing you have weak wrists, poor form, or both
>>
File: 1417722360140.jpg (65KB, 600x677px) Image search: [Google]
1417722360140.jpg
65KB, 600x677px
>>40044798
>the press
>>
will SS supplement a barely beginner rower?
>>
>>40044601
yeah I have most tdee calculators put me at 1700, im 185cm 91kg and 22.3%BF last time i checked
>>
>>40044627
Eat tons of fiber, get checked for gastritis or ulcer or small intestine bullshit, get checked for lactose intolerance or other food allergies, pay attention to chewing thoroughly (30 times minimum) with your mouth firmly closed.

Also post butt.
>>
>>40041828
does volume per day matter?
specifically, im doing 531 bbb and there are 2 variations, one with all of the same core on one day and one with it split
so today im doing bench 3x5, and then something for bbb sets
is it better to do A - bench 3x5, bench 5x10 on one day, or B - bench 3x5 press 5x10 on one day, and then vice versa on the press day?
>>
Are these bars any good?
>>
>>40045286
Too much sugar, I recommend kirkland protein bars
>>
>>40041828
That picture is my dream
>>
>>40045181
Option B for sure.
What you're talking about is really frequency.
One of the big criticisms of 5/3/1 is the low frequency. Upping your bench frequency from once a week (option A) to twice a week (option B) will probably get you some good results.
Bench responds well to frequency, so 1X/week is usually too low.
>>
can someone help me with a simple routine for getting strength

i tried reading SS but it said some shit about warming up without weight and then slowly adding weight a billion times until you get i dont know where and then lowering the weight or some shit

im retarded pls help
>>
>>40045910
If you're too stupid to do SS then you probably shouldn't lift weights, you'll end up choking on the clips or something.
>>
>>40045910

Here's a good routine to do before SS: You can do this workout everyday with no rests needed.

Read the sticky.
Read a page of any book: 3xF
Graduate high school: 1 rep, max effort
Drink bleach: AMSAP (As man sips as possible)
>>
How bad is dive bombing on squats? It looks like a lot of people doing 200+kg dive bomb like crazy

Also, how can I do 5x reps of 80% at a speed that isn't slowly stand up? Should I to where I can stand up quickly or is speed not important
>>
>>40041828

Hey /fit/, I'm going on a beach holiday for 2 weeks. I won't have any access to gym equipment, my diet won't be great, and I'll be drinking a fair bit.

I've heard that over-training prior to a holiday can be good because the muscles have longer to recover and they won't shrivel away into nothingness.

Is this true? How much over-training should I do? I was thinking of just adding an extra set to everything.
>>
>>40046092
Both the eccentric and concentric portion of the lift are important, dive-bombing is used to get an extra kick from the rebound - which is okay if you're competing, setting a PR or training for a sport, but for general strength training purposes it shouldn't be overdone.
>>
>>40046183
Your muscles won't waste into nothingness within two weeks or even two months in any case, barring you getting in a traumatic car accident and suffering extensive rhabdo or overindulging on the bleach or not eating anything the whole time.

Just enjoy your holiday you autist, the rest will do more good than bad. You can make some extra gains if you over-reach prior to the holiday, but it will have a very, very minor effect.
>>
>>40046242

Thanks. I just want to look my best when I'm at the beach.
>>
>>40046183

Since you'll have 2 weeks to recover, you might as well do drop sets of everything. You can train pretty much as much as you think your joints can handle. For example if you normally do curls 3x10, maybe do 6x10 and then a drop-set at the end with progressively lighter weight. That wouldn't be too unreasonable. You wouldn't want to do 20 sets though, because your body definitely won't be used to it and you'll do unnecessary damage to your body.
>>
Anyone have any strategies for dealing with anxiety and bulking? Half the time when I'm eating I feel like I want to puke, but it's all mental.
>>
>>40045910
>im retarded pls help
http://warmupreps.com/
>>
>>40046269
The best thing you can do to markedly improve your looks in such a short time frame is get rid of excess water, just don't dehydrate yourself.
>>
>>40041828
whats the name of that shit that you get after exercise that makes you feel like complete shit. its like drinking poison. You especially feel it if you work out hard and don't sleep.
>>
For seasonal affective disorders or just if you think you don't get enough sun, could you replace your light bulbs with the reptile kind? Like the 100w lizard bulbs that replicate the sun for iguanas?

Yes, I know it sounds stupid. So stupid that it might work.
>>
>>40046414

Should I dropset every set, or just the last set of each exercise?

If I do biceps after back, should I just dropset back or biceps or both?
>>
>>40041828
Your TDEE is not 1650.

What calculator did you use and what options did you select?
>>
>>40041828
How fat is 6'1 210lbs 20% body fat?
>>
>>40045953
>>40046010
>>40046437
thanks very helpful i guess i'll just do bench curls and squats with as much weight as i can
>>
>>40046535

It's better to dropset the isolation movements you do because there is less risk of injury for going to failure. For example on my pull day, I will do weighted pullups as my main compound, and then do machine rows and curls afterwards. So in that case I would do maybe 1 or 2 extra sets of weighted pullups, but save the dropsets for the previous mentioned 2 isolation movements.
>>
>>40046552

>20% body fat
Too fat, lose weight.
>>
>>40042152
Don't set your goals based on other people. Set your goals based on what you want. If it's a 5rm for 1/2/3/4 then do that, if it's 1, then do that. Stop worrying so much about what other people have as goals for themselves
>>
>>40046616
I look sort of lean builtfat. Been going to the gym for 3 months now. Been out two weaks with a flu, but am going back tomorrow. Should I continue eating what I usually do to build mass or should I be cutting? I'm afraid to lose gains if I cut this soon.
>>
>>40046559
What did you expect? You are literally saying that you can't follow a simple set of instructions that can fit on a single sheet of paper. We are not qualified special education teachers.

>>40046552
It's 20%BF at 210lbs. What do you mean? Aesthetically? It depends on fat distribution but generally it's a bit north of average.
>>
>>40046668

You should be cutting, you are overweight. Gains be damned.
>>
>>40042152
It originally meant 1RM. The 5RM thing is a recent phenomenon.

>>40043538
Cardio will expend more calories overall, but you should defnitely lift weights while cutting. You'll expend more calories, and retain more lean mass so that you aren't a skinnyfat mess at the end.

>>40043570
You change your program when it no longer works, despite adequate nutrition, rest, and adherance.

>>40044110
Nothing wrong with it. Just be sure you are getting some volume with moderate intensity elsewhere (like 5x5 or something).

>>40044240
>and no, sets with a lighter weight doesn't do the trick.

But it literally does. If it's not working, you're not doing enough reps/sets.

>>40044510
Yes, people often retain a couple pounds of water when beginning creatine. Keep at it, measure again in a week.

What brand of food scale do you have?

>>40044627
Does it respond to antacids? Better or worse with meals? Any dark tarry stools?

>>40044916
Yes, SS is good for beginner strength trainees.

>>40045181
Split it up. The biggest problem with vanilla 5/3/1 is the low frequency. Training a movement 1x per weeks sucks shit. Increased frequency will make you better at those movements.

>>40045910
Start with the bar. Lift it for 5 reps? Is that easy? Add 10 lbs and try again. Keep doing this until your bar speed slows down. This is the weight you will start your 3x5 with on Day 1. It should not be difficult to complete.

>>40046426
Get used to it. Just eat more faggot.

>>40046497
They make SAD lights for SAD. Just get one of those. Has light in the correct spectrum. I don't know about the lizard bulbs.
>>
>>40046668
You're not 20%BF, 210lbs, 6'1'' after three months of gym - that would imply a BMI of over 22. Not right unless you were very athletic even before going to the gym - it that wasn't the case then you're probably close to 25-30%BF. What are your lifts?
>>
Whats a respectable distance or time to target on the rowing machine? Like beginner intermediate advanced levels
>>
>>40044498
Bodyfat% can be achieved at any weight, it just matters how much muscle you have to make up the rest of the weight. You could be 10% at 200 pounds, you'd just be really fucking ripped and have lots of muscles. You can be 10% at your current weight, you'd just have to build more muscle while burning your fat
>>
>>40046731

I think by BMI you meant FFMI.
>>
>>40046731
>BMI of over 22
*FFMI of over 22.
>>
>>40046696
Everyone else I've asked has said to keep going until I've reached a goal, then cut a little body fat. I'm not looking to be a skinny "aesthetic" twink.

>>40046731
I'm definitely not 25-30%.
I've actually been in the gym 2 months, my bad.
Bench = 60kg
OHP = 40kg
Squat = 90kg
DL = 95kg
>>
>>40046731
210lbs at 20% bodyfat isn't unreasonable if he's done sports in his life
>>
>>40046688
>simple set of instruction that can fit on asingle sheet of paper
SS is a fucking book, you motherfucker, it doesn't fit on a single sheet of paper
>>
>>40044444
thos digits
>>
>>40046779
As I said:
>Not right unless you were very athletic even before going to the gym
Mate, either read the post or don't reply.

>>40046777
>I'm definitely not 25-30%.
You seriously think you have 76kg of lean mass at 185cm with a 60kg bench and a 90kg squat? Not a chance, unless those numbers are for 30 reps. You're definitely at least 25%, probably 30% or even more.

I had the same delusion when I first started out: the 30% pictures on BF% charts looked like absolute fatasses and I couldn't believe I was that high - turns out I was and simply stored a lot of fat viscerally. The math don't lie.
>>
Is it optimal to be doing both v-grip cable rows and v-grip pulldowns or should I switch one of the grips for more varety?

I already do regular overhand pullups.
>>
As a man, what sort of routine will make me T H I C C?
>>
>>40046793
No shit, but the basic instructions which threw him for a loop fit on a sheet of paper:
>Start with bar.
>Add about 20% per warmup set until you reach your work weight.
>Do 3 sets with work weight.
>Do dynamic stretches before-hand if you feel the need.
That had him fucking confused. Either he didn't bother reading the basics and wants us to spoon-feed him or he is a genuine retard like he says.
>>
if I keep my arm perpendicular to the ground for bench press, the bar touches my body 2-3 inches below the chest on my stomach. Is this ok?
>>
>>40046862
Ok. I'm probably near the 25% mark, when I remember more accurately. So in your opinion do you think I should keep lifting to build up muscle mass or cut to decrease body fat?
>>
>>40046906
To be fair that's way more complicated than what most people do at the gym
>>
>>40046862

I have been natty lifting for 4 months and I have an FFMI of >20

FFMI in general is useless, and doesn't correlate to how you look.

I have very wide shoudlers, wide hips, heavy bones. So my FFMI is high with minimal muscle and minimal fat on my body.

Other anons with smaller frames look amazing at 20 FFMI

I am 168 LBS 12.5% bf 5'10.5 which gives me an FFMI of over 20.
>>
>>40046927
I'd say 30% but whatever, doesn't really matter. Personally, I'd focus on cutting first: Get down to 10-12% and then slowly bulk back up to whatever you feel okay with, rinse-repeat. It's a lot easier to cut when you're dyel and can maintain your muscle more easily than when you're an intermediate and need to either take the cut very slow or lose a decent bit of muscle.
>>
>>40046926
Like 2-3 inches below your sternum? Like all the way below your xiphoid process? If yes, that's pretty low. Consider widening your grip a bit.
>>
>>40046959
alex pls go
>>
>>40047041
Ok cool. Sorry for being such newfag but how do I cut when I already find it difficult to bulk?
>>
>>40047076

People should know though.

It's retarded to claim that you have a good or impressive physique just because your FFMI is high or someone is DYEL because their FFMI is low

This is almost as retarded as the guy speculating on someone's levels of LBM based on their fucking 1 rep maxes lol
>>
>>40046959
>I have very wide shoudlers, wide hips, heavy bones.
Which makes maybe a kilo or two of difference. An entire human skeleton weighs around 10kg. I have 7.5'' wrists, my dad has 8.5'' - I can tell you that that's a 1kg and 2kg difference from someone who has 6'' wrists.

>Other anons with smaller frames look amazing at 20 FFMI
Overall looks highly depend on bf%, insertions and proportions. At 20 you may look good, but not impressive or amazing by /fit/ standards, probably not even by normie standards.

>I am 168 LBS 12.5% bf 5'10.5 which gives me an FFMI of over 20.
The jump from 20 to 20.8 (which is yours) is much easier than the jump from 21 to 22. Diminishing returns and all that. No way is he that high with those lifts.

>FFMI in general is useless
Fuck, it's always the guys who have just made their noob gains who spout such shit: Weight doesn't tell you how a guy looks, does that mean that it's a useless measurement?

>and doesn't correlate to how you look.
It correlates to how much muscle you have, which correlates to how good your body looks (unless you consider the shade of ones charka as being more important or something.) I think by "correlate" you meant "exactly predict" - in which case: No shit, Sherlock.
>>
File: updatedfuckingffmi1162016idiot.png (668KB, 1914x1314px) Image search: [Google]
updatedfuckingffmi1162016idiot.png
668KB, 1914x1314px
>>40047182

you're retarded.

do you see any difference in these two physiques numbnuts?

Neither one one of us is frauding our stats

Yet you're gonna look at this photo and still come up with some fucking bullshit lamo

I guess with my superior FFMI I have beaten his physique, totally look bigger then he does!

6 years of bodybuilding, 4 months, same shit!

IDK if you're gonna try to pick apart the bf % or anything else, in reality, he is like 143? right now I GAVE him 150 for arguement's sake
>>
>>40047110
I used it to get an idea of the guys BF%, for which FFMI is a very useful tool.

You are the one who went on a fucking rant about your l33t shoulders and muscle not being that important - on a forum dedicated to helping people build muscle, that's like going to an car-race and screaming at people that having a fast car is not the most important thing in life.

>or someone is DYEL because their FFMI is low
Muscle mass is literally what determines whether you're DYEL or not. Congratulations on being a retard.

>This is almost as retarded as the guy speculating on someone's levels of LBM based on their fucking 1 rep maxes lol
There are entire text books, scientifically rigorous formulas derived from extensive data and of course the common sense fact that strength is related to muscle mass.
>>
Is it better to pretty much work my full body 3 days/week if I have the time of do like upper/lower/cardio days?
>>
What should I expect as a mostly sedentary fatass starting SS with a calorie deficit? How do I approach progression? I suspect its going to stall way faster that way, should I deload and eventually move on as the program says or just keep at it and "restart" once I hit my goal weight? I'm a little less than 220/100 kg and want to drop 40 pounds before doing bulk or maintenance
>>
>>40047282

I'm done aruging with you, if the picture of a dyel with a FFMI more than and a shredded dude lifting for years isn't proof FFMI is retarded, Idk what it is.

>r l33t shoulders and muscle not being that important

more like leet fucking childbearing massive hips. shit is heavy.

>Muscle mass is literally what determines whether you're DYEL or not.

Gee, almost like muscle mass and FFMI are not related.

>he common sense fact that strength is related to muscle mass.

Ah yes, totally, 100%.

This is why all bodybuilders exclusivley train in the 1-3 rep range for maximum neurological gains

By simply making strength gains they will get big. Who knew it was so easy!
>>
is trrying to bend the bar toward the groundduring bench press with my arms/wrist a good way to keep the back tight? i tried it with a stick and felt like it worked
>>
How bad is it to work out with a cough and slight chest congestion.
>>
File: Untitled.png (490KB, 768x612px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
490KB, 768x612px
>>40047279
Yep, that's exactly the face that fits your unwarranted ego and disdain for logic. Also looks like the face of a guy who bother to add the 0.5 to his height.
>>
>>40047367
pissening
>>
>>40047332

SS is designed to be done on a caloric surplus, so you'll have to plan the deloads a little differently. I would say stick with it for 6 months at least and see where it takes you. Deload when you need to, but if you find your strength dropping dramatically from the weight loss, make sure you are getting enough protein and aren't cutting too fast.
>>
>>40047367

>btfo
>hurr hurr look at your face

idiot.

>logic

lamo. Proven wrong by simple pictures and numbers, and this is your recourse?

>add the .5 to his height

gee maybe to make sure the FFMI was accurate and my arguement was based in reality?

But you wouldn't know anything about arguements based in reality, look at the bullshit you spout.
>>
>>40046881

anybody?
>>
>>40046902
So is this a QTDDTOT still or nah
>>
>>40043538
Real talk, I weigh somewhere in the area of 450 lbs. I need to lose like 280 lbs. if I want to be a weight that is even remotely acceptable.

I've read that if I lift, I can lose the weight at a reasonable pace while keeping muscle mass and at the end of my journey I won't have a shitload of loose skin to worry about (as I would without lifting).

What do you guys say? Should I start lifting right away or lose some weight through pure diet first?
>>
>>40047420

The grip doesn't matter a ton, but it's good to have variety in your lifts. If you feel most comfortable with v-grip and can focus on lifting most intensely that way, then stick to it.
>>
Anyone have a good routine for working out daily?
>>
>>40047279
have you gotten Dexa scanned for bf% ?
how do you know you're 12.5%

>The standard of measurement is wrong and i'm right hurr
post DEXA profile now or forever btfo for poorly estimating your bodyfat %
>>
>>40047344
If that guy has been lifting for 6 years then he has done a terrible job of it or has absolute shit tier genetics.

>shit is heavy.
As I said, the average skeleton weighs 10kg. Even if yours if 10% heavier (which is very rare) it's still only 1kg.

>Ah yes, totally, 100%.
You don't seem to understand what "related" means.

>neurological gains
Which would be a reasonable thing to take into account when comparing a powerlifter and a bodybuilder with years of experience - for a guy 2 months into gyming, probably on a cookie-cutter routine, that shit is much less relevant.
>>
>>40047503

you can go to FFMI and just put 15% if you disagree with my guesstimation.

The fact that our FFMI is even REMOTELY similar totally BTFOs it.

Idk why you retards cling so frantically to FFMI.

To try and pretend like you achieved something because you were born with womanly hips like me?

No. The only thing that matters is the physique you were able to achieve.
>>
>>40047503
how does one get dexa scanned?
>>
Minimum weight required on bench in order to use up a powerrack for it and not be silently judged from afar? I dont want to ask around for a spotter for a few sets but there is an obviously look of nervousness (and a little shock) whenever I go north of 300 lbs.

Not a lot of benching goes on in my gym, so breaking from the norm has me slightly worried.
>>
>>40047515

>If that guy has been lifting for 6 years then he has done a terrible job of it or has absolute shit tier genetics.

It's called natural bodybuilding lamo post back when you beat him you delusional idiot

>see youtube '1 year transformation' 'natty'

'hahah I'll look like that in a year!'

>b-but this instragram bodybuilder is natty and he is 5'10 250 lbs 7% bodyfat after 5 years I can do it too!

good luck
>>
>>40047528
So no? You have literally no clue what your bodyfat % is and you're just guesstimating off of other anons in the /CBT/

why don't you get a clue bro? I would have thought someone with your level of autism about natty bodybuilding, doing everything perfect and most of all, putting his body through a rigorous caloric deficit to achieve a certain BODY FAT PERCENTAGE, would be interested in that statistic.

weird.
>>
>>40047583

>The fact that our FFMI is even REMOTELY similar totally BTFOs it.

HOW DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THIS LOL.

>would be interested in that statistic.

WHY DOES IT MATTER TO KNOW IF IT'S 12 or 13 LMFAO.
>>
>>40047404
>btfo
>lamo. Proven wrong by simple pictures and numbers, and this is your recourse?

>Two pictures of people with dissimilar builds taken under different lighting and different poses somehow prove that a way of measuring and estimating muscular development that has been in use by virtually every institution and study and has been substantiated and standardized by countless data points - is completely useless and wrong.

>PS I have, with the help of superior reasoning and terrible spelling utterly defeated you in this debate.

Kek.
>>
Why does my one shoulder sit higher than the other?
>>
>>40047485

Try a Push/Pull/Legs split. You can either take 1 rest day a week (PPLPPLx) or just continually do the routine if you don't feel like you need a rest day. I like it because it hits each muscle group 2x a week but also gives me time to focus on isolations during each workout.
>>
>>40047604
could genuinely be high as 16, hard to tell when your physique is comprised of skin, bone, tendons and a smear of muscle mass.

The point is you have no fucking clue and you're trying to discredit FFMI based off of 2 pretty damn vague sets of data

It's silly.
>>
>>40047568
>It's called natural bodybuilding
Having an FFMI under 21 after 6 years is called being genetic trash or training like shit or spending way too much time shredded.

>b-but this instragram bodybuilder is natty and he is 5'10 250 lbs 7% bodyfat after 5 years I can do it too!
Nice strawman.

Remotely similar to what? you sputtering ADD millennial.
>>
>>40047606

>dissimilar builds

MY ENTIRE ARGUMENT IT TOSSES FFMI OUT THE WINDOW

>measuring and estimating muscular development that has been in use by virtually every institution and study and has been substantiated and standardized by countless data points - is completely useless and wrong.

Fucking BMI is used by institutions and in studies too, and everyone knows how retarded that is. Just 50% of people don't get how retarded FFMI is.

So your argument is that we have a similar level of muscular development?

Alright man, good to know, strong arguement.
>>
File: cutting.jpg (18KB, 570x355px) Image search: [Google]
cutting.jpg
18KB, 570x355px
Is Coolcicada's PPL routine good for cutting? Plan on going on a 500Cal deficit for 13 weeks to hit that delicious 10%bf

Any other routine you'd suggest?
>>
>>40047604
>>40047515
>>40047583
>>40047676
>>40047659
>>40047645
can you fags stop arguing?
>>
>>40047659
>or spending way too much time shredded.

t.fucking permabulk 50% bf mcdonalds nutrition

>Having an FFMI under 21 after 6 years is called being genetic trash or training like shit

T. bodybuilding for like a year thinking he will just totally BTFO NatT in one more year.

>>40047645

so put 16% in the cacluator then

>your physique is comprised of skin, bone, tendons and a smear of muscle mass.

Thanks for proving MY POINT LOL.

I ANGLED THAT PHOTO SO HARD TOO.
>>
>>40047699
I've been running it. Not too bad.
>>
>>40047699
I like it, because its 6 days a week and high volume so burns cals. Try not to overdo it though, take those rest days when you need em.
>>
>>40047628
Alright, thanks anon
>>
>>40047676
>MY ENTIRE ARGUMENT IT TOSSES FFMI OUT THE WINDOW

Do you really think that anyone is claiming that FFMI is the sole measure of aesthetics or whatever? Because if you had bothered to read virtually any of my posts without rage at a fucking statistical tool blinding you, you would not assume this. Or if you weren't a complete retard

It is one component along with build, insertions and bf%. You have a psychotic hatred for a measurement, that's like being mad at weight because this one guy is 80kg and looks like shit but this other guy is 80kg but looks great.

Just like weight and bf% are useful measurements but don't tell the whole story, FFMI is a ratio of the two - as such it is easier to apply to people of any weight and tells a more complete story. It is still just a measurement, not a fucking panel of IFBB pro judges.

That being said it tells you some things, barring very extreme cases. Like:
>an about average height and weight guy with a 60kg bench doesn't have an FFMI of over 22.
>someone with an FFMI of around 20 after 6 years of weight training is either doing something wrong or not training for mass.
>you won't win any serious BB contests at 20, no matter your proportions.
>>
Are abduction/adduction machines good for anything if I'm already doing the big 4?
>>
5"7 height 85 kg here
almost 2 weeks into gym and I am still not losing any weight
I eat a lot in the mornings, but moderately on the noons and evenings
Work is toxic too since I had to sit through the traffic from 10 AM until 8 PM almost everyday and most food available to me are fastfood trashes like fried chicken.
I'm planning to do cardio 30 minutes a day and lose at least a pound per week.

Will it work?
>>
>>40047877
They're good if there's a disbalance/rehab situation going on or if you have sport specific needs. Otherwise they are not worth the time for most people.

>>40047899
Are you counting calories?
>>
>>40047834
stop arguing with actual diagnosed autists, you are shitting up the thread
>>
Is it okay to spread my lifts out throughout the day? Am I missing out on any growth by splitting my workouts into two halves,one for early and one later?
>>
>>40047734
>>40047747
PPL it will be, thanks.
>>
>>40047834

It's a silly tool, and drastically different physiques having similar FFMI (don't nitpick a few points of bf %...) having similar FFMI just shows that it's a silly tool with no real correlation to muscle mass.

You see that a lot, people with similar bf%, same height, same weight, one guy is twice as joocy.

So it's just silly in general in terms of estimating you know, a physique, on FFMI.

I dunno why argue. You see it in CBT all the time, same FFMI, totally different level of physique.

>>40047937

not diagnosed
>>
>>40047937
Sorry, haven't been here - don't know about this character. Someone hating a measurement caught me flat-footed.

>>40047939
Not really. In fact if it's a longer workout it might be beneficial.
>>
>>40048005
>So it's just silly in general in terms of estimating you know, a physique, on FFMI.

I wasn't estimating his physique you undiagnosed autist, I was estimating his bf% - which works because the two are inextricably linked.

For the tenth time:
>>40047182
>Overall looks highly depend on bf%, insertions and proportions.
>>
I was 260lbs in 11/2016, right now I weighed in at 223.6lbs. I have stretch marks on my shoulders to my chest when I flex them and my stomach has bad ones as well. Am I just fucked for life? Do I have to shell out money I don't have to do laser surgery I can't afford or what can I do to limit this? I'm doing Vit E lotion and tons of water. I don't want to lose all this weight to just find out I have swiss cheese stomach forever and be a disgusting fuck even though I'll be fit.
>>
File: natties.jpg (115KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
natties.jpg
115KB, 1000x665px
>>40048063

ALso, I don't see how natT has a bad physique for 6 years.

He has a bad FFMI, but his physique is strong. Lot of size.

Which is why I was using him in my example, I never saw someone look so big which such a low FFMI.

Look at these COMPETING bodybuilders.

>>40048063

I'm just talking size here, insertions and propertions really are not relevant, how does having good or bad inserts gonna affect your FFMI?
>>
>>40048113
All memes dude. They're there for life but will fade over time. How the fuck did you lose 40 pounds in 8 weeks though? That seems reckless as fuck.
>>
>>40044627
I have an idea. Ask a fucking doctor.
>>
>>40048113
they will fade, also google dermabrasion.
>>
>>40048187
well i should just start the fucking noose now. GF left me, started on an appetite suppressant and went hard on PSMF diet without any breaks.
>>
>>40048185
>how does having good or bad inserts gonna affect your FFMI?
It isn't, that's what I'm trying to tell you the whole time you idiot:
>FFMI != Physique.
>FFMI = weight in kg / square of height in meters.
That's it, it can tell you a lot and is a very useful measurement, but it is not some fucking magic answer to the meaning of life like you seem to hate it for not being.
>>
File: Sad Window pepe.jpg (37KB, 480x576px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Window pepe.jpg
37KB, 480x576px
Bros, ever since I started working out I became hungry as fuck, all day everyday. I am M 27 182Lbs. Trying to eat at 2100 calories like scooby's calc says. What to do bros?
>>
>>40048234
>weight in kg
*lean weight.
>>
>>40048241
Eat more vegetables. 500kcal of lettuce is a big bowl and will fill you up for hours.
Use vinegar, lime juice or salsa instead of mayo/cram based dressings.
>>
>>40048227
they're silvery white. I keep reading that I'm just fucked. Dermabrasion seems to not work because it doesn't work deep enough.
>>
File: lotusprogress.jpg (1MB, 4612x1672px) Image search: [Google]
lotusprogress.jpg
1MB, 4612x1672px
>>40048234

I dunno, I'm looking at our pics, and thinking I need like, 30+ pounds LBM to even have the raw size he does.

I don't think I'm being dysmorphic, like you said, tendons, skin, fat, bones.

That's why I look at FFMI with such suspicion, I have the same height as lotus, actually, I am shorter.

Let's say at 155 I will be lean as lotus in his pics . I am 168 now. Reasonable? That implies a loss of 9+% bodyfat.

To be frank I think I'll be as lean as lotus in pics at like 157 or 158, nevermind 155.

Look at lotus's pics at 155 5'11 lean, and my physique at 155 5'10.5 lean.

Keep in mind I am shorter than him also.

It is not even remotely comparable in 1 million years. This is why I am so suspect of FFMI.

This is not insertions or propertions making him look bigger either, he is just, obviously, inarguably, bigger.

That's my point that I'm trying get across. Clearly something is impacting FFMI.

YOu tell me what. Bones is the only thing that makes any sense.
>>
>>40048265
there is cosmetic, and medical. latter is waayyyy more hardcore and should help, consult a doc. got me rid of a scar the size of my cock, dunno why it shouldn't work for your thin stretch marks. then again, might be different principle at work here, I'm not dermatologist
>>
>>40047929
I do not count calories
I just try to avoid trash foods if possible since I am out of the city all the time
Even if /fit/ had to suggest that I had to cook my own food to lose weight, I don't have the time/energy to do so
Since I wake up as early as 4:30 AM to go to gym then go straight to work after 9 AM and go home at 9 PM then go straight to sleep.

Do you have a better suggestion how to lose more weight?
>>
19yo, 6'3" and 91kg down to 84kg in two months. Lifting at same time, noob gains helping me get somewhat stronger. 1600kcal/day, go to gym 6times/wk and play basketball for a few hours once a week. Do I need to eat more? Worried about wasting this window, but desperately want abs/lower BF%
>>
>>40048318
>Bones is the only thing that makes any sense.
Nope, I'd say visceral fat (which even DEXA is shitty at accounting for, let alone a visual estimate) and glycogen/water retention have way more of an effect. As I said bone is very light and can maybe account at most half a point, take the extra ligament, tendon and other stuff someone with a large frame has - and it maybe comes out to just under one point of difference. Plus the guy is black, the darker skin makes you look bigger - that's why builders go on stage caked in fake tan.
>>
>>40048328
There's your answer. Estimating how much you eat is much harder than people think, especially not someone who has counted calories and gotten good at it. It's the number one reason why people don't lose weight on a diet - they completely misunderstand how much they are eating.

Perhaps try meal-prep over the weekend and stuff them into the freezer, if not: just buy healtheir packaged food - should make counting calories even easier with the food labels and all.
>>
>>40047450
Lift ASAP just take it slow. You'll get a ton of noob gains while you slowly recomp. Try not to cut too fast to avoid excess skin and let the muscle build into it.
>>
>>40048559

I disagree with this recommendation. If he can lose weight faster at a safe and relatively comfortable caloric intake, he should do so. The process is gonna take years, but no need to make it longer than it needs to be.
>>
>>40048325

i did. seems like lasers are my only option or a hardcore skin peeler that rarely shows results for my level of damage. my pcp is also nice though and asked me to stop losing weight because i look good now, but i can't even eat if i want to. he thinks they'll shrink too, but i guess i won't know unless i go hardcore low on my bf.
>>
>>40048589
This. He's too far gone for taking it easy. Hell, I'd recommend a medically monitored water fast of at least PSMF.

There's going to be tons of lose skin, lifting won't make much of a difference.
>>
>>40041828
Anything wrong with melatonin?
>>
Is it okay to mix in swimming here and there?
>>
>>40048796
No, it will kill you.

Of course, it's just swimming, why would it be?
>>
>>40048803
>Cardio kills gains
>>
So I've been getting mild (barely noticeable) chest pains recently. Normally I wouldn't care too much, but in the shower recently my heart rate sky-rocketed to roughly two beats a second (don't know exact because I was in the shower). It's easily half that now, but I'm still kind of worried. Not a fatty, don't use roids, and haven't done any serious exercise for a few weeks, if that helps.
>>
>>40048444
>just buy healtheir packaged food - should make counting calories even easier with the food labels and all.

Is this fine? I am scared of those evil preservatives that's going to harm my body.
>>
>>40048353
7 kg in two months is awfully fast, I'm assuming that at least 1.5 kilos were water weight, but normally you shouldn't be able to lose more than 1 kg a week.

Lifting 6 times a week is probably not necessary this early in, rest periods are important. 1600 calories is a little low, but completely manageable as long as you're on top of your protein intake.
>>
>>40048836
Cardio is one of the best things you can do for your body at the cost of a hundred or so calories. If you're that concerned about losing gains eat a handful of nuts in-addition to your typical diet. There, gains saved.
>>
>>40048869
>t. Doctor Oz
>>
>>40046092
I'm not an advanced lifter or anything but FWIW I think dive bombing is what's caused my recent knee pain
>>
File: 1372066602783.jpg (57KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
1372066602783.jpg
57KB, 919x720px
What do I do about weight loss plateaus?
>>
>>40048869

Bring foods that don't spoil after a long day like apples, bananas, carrots, etc. Maybe even consider getting a cooler to leave in your car so you can bring yogurt or something.

Not all packaged food is the devil, but you should be smart about what you buy.
>>
I am running my first marathon in 4 months, should I just put my strength training on hold until then? I feel like adding mass is not such a good idea for a marathon.
>>
I looking to get into better conditioning and I think the discipline that boxing provides would be good for me any routines I can start on? Also how heavy should the heavy bag I get be?
>>
Are those hand gripper things a meme?
>>
Creatine...recommended or no? Have only been taking protein powder since I started and saw results but now I'm kind of at a plateau. What are the arguments for/against creatine?

And if you recommend taking it, what kind do you suggest?
>>
>>40049256
Somewhat, all they're good for is grip strength and it's something you could just do with a barbell or pull-up bar.
>>
>>40049280
Creatine Pros:
>Gives a small increase in strength
>probably lets you lift an additional 5% of weight

Creatine Cons:
>Can accelerate balding
>doesn't really do anything else
>>
>>40049290
Good to know I've been saving up and I'm looking to buy something so I can improve myself.
>>
>>40049280
WHO IS THIS
>>
>>40049300
>Creatine Pros:
>>Gives a small increase in strength
>>probably lets you lift an additional 5% of weight
>Creatine Cons:
>>Can accelerate balding
>>gain 10 lbs water weight

it's still worth it
>>
>>40049327
Didn't say it wasn't, it all depends on your perception of the thing.
>>
>>40049314

Courtney Tailor.
>>
File: 51f.jpg (20KB, 680x721px) Image search: [Google]
51f.jpg
20KB, 680x721px
hey /fit/

currently running SL 5x5 + accessories.

On Friday I was doing my second day of 155lb squat because I'd failed before. My knee was hurting like a bitch (was hurting a little bit before, but didn't think much of it) on the inside of my right knee.

I decided to not push it and left the squats but continued everything else.

I decided this week I'm gonna skip the squats as well and see if it helps my knee. It hurts a tiny little bit when I'm walking, but squatting and directly after squatting is when it's the worst.

Also I was doing some light beginner yoga and it really hurts when I sit in a regular lotus (cross-legged) position as well.

Anyone have any idea what the issue might be, and if taking the week off will help it? Or is it a mobility/stretching issue?

Also any options that I could replace squat with just for this week? My workouts feel incomplete without them.
>>
>>40049436
In-general if you have pain, don't fuck with it.

I can't really think of any any leg exercises that don't use your knee in some way.
>>
ABDOMINAL CRAMPS AFTER LIFTING HEAVY

After lifting heavy for several weeks, has anyone experienced intermittent mild abdominal cramps and/or mild indigestion? That's what it acts like, but I'm certain it's nothing I ate, and it's been going on for about a week now.
>>
First time lifing.

Should I start out with SS for 2 months then go to a split and change every 4 months to something else?
>>
>>40049734

You change when what you're doing is no longer working for your goals. There's no set timeframe on stuff like this.
>>
>>40049670
Is the indigestion constant throughout the day, or is it only after you lift?
>>
>>40049764
Cramps and indigestion very intermittent and unpredictable. It's not even very intense, but just enough to make me uncomfortable and wonder if it's going to get worse, but it doesn't. Incidence of it has become less and less over the last two days during which I haven't been to the gym.
>>
File: Capture.png (47KB, 782x372px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
47KB, 782x372px
>>40049809

Hm, that's pretty strange. I'm not really sure what it could be. Have you changed your diet recently? Do you match the symptoms in pic related?
>>
>>40049868
No, it's nowhere near as bad as all that.
Again: it's very MILD, but the fact that it's highly UNUSUAL for me, and not apparently food-related, is what's raising a red flag.
>>
>>40046738
I meant by cutting
>>
>>40049670
so, you're getting heartburn? Or does your abdominals hurt?
>>
i can't seem to fully activate my lats when performing lat pulldowns, how do i fix this?

also, what are some other exercises i can perform in order to strengthen my lats?
>>
>>40050271

Try doing pullups instead of lat pulldowns. A wider grip can help you focus on activating your lats.I also find that horizontal machine rows help isolate the lats nicely.
>>
Is whole grain pasta bad for healthy bulking? I'm seeing mixed answers, some calling it empty carbs
>>
>>40050292
it's pasta, of course it's empty carbs. But carbs are what you bulk on so whoever told you that it was bad is a retard.
>>
>>40050289
i'm too weak to do pullups with a wide grip unfortunately
>>
Bulked for 6 months while on linear progression. Goong to start to cut now. Is it possible to make some minimal muscle size gain while cutting, being kinda noob and all?
>>
>>40042303
I bet your cum tastes like salt water
>>
>>40041828
Is it really true that you can ruin your metabolism by dieting and yo-yo-ing?
I've heard ex-bulimics or anorectics complain about having a very hard time losing weight.
I don't fall into that category but I've had my share of restricting and yoyo-ing.
>>
So I used to weigh 345 lbs

I now weigh 230 lbs, after a year.

I have been doing well on my diet up until a short while ago. My diet switched from lots of fatty foods like whoppers from burger king and cola and chocolate milk, tacos, pasta, ramen, to mostly grilled chicken and protein bars.

I notice now, even though my calorie limit and diet is the same as it has been for four months, that I am now getting hungry more often. Usually I never really go hungry, but recently even though what I eat has been the same, I can't keep myself below my calorie limit without having stomach pains from hunger.

Is this cause my metabolism has increased substantially even though I was told "muh genetix"? Should I soldier through the hunger when I get it and not eat anything, or should I have a small 200 calorie meal(like i have been doing) to stop it? Cause being hungry hurts your metabolism?
>>
>>40050487
"ruin"

Metabolism is not something you change, but something you influence. If your body starts significantly receiving tiny amounts of calories (sub-1000) then it starts doing stuff that discourages movement and stores most stuff as fat so that you don't immediately die.

This is where crash diets and the "yo-yo effect" tend to come in. Some idiot decides that they want to lose 20 LBS IN JUST 4 WEEKS and don't realize that a lot of that which isn't a lie is just water weight which fluctuates on a daily basis anyhow. They lose mostly water weight, maybe a pound or two of fat, and then gain it all back when they go back to their old ways of eating.

Dieting is all about maintaining changes in your eating habits, not just working on them temporarily.
>>
I started drinking protein shakes recently after lifting days and I decided to make it with milk instead of water in order to reach my calorific goal but it also tastes better.

I'm not bulking, in fact I'm trying to lose weight, however, eating clean knocked off a lot of empty calories I used to eat now I'm satiated all the time because of the amount of food I eat that has lower calories.

Is there any difference drinking it with water rather than milk?
>>
>>40050487
how would an ex bulimic or anorexic even know they have a hard time losing weight? they don't have a solid self accounting system at all.

just do shit on your own, take notes, tweak things, give those things enough time to see if they work, and tweak some more.

use reports as a general guideline, but the only stuff that will make sense to you is what you actually do.
>>
>>40050581
>>40050632
thanks for the advice
I'm just worried I might not loose weight easily anymore after cutting for a long time. (with cheat days in between)
>>
So before I started working out my fat went to my pecs, abs, and legs

As I started lifting and doing physical activity I lost a lot because I wasn't compensating by eating more

Now I'm doing fairly clean bulk and not gaining a lot of fat with muscle

But I want to be a big guy who doesn't look absolutely ripped

could achive this without a large amount of muscle to make the fat look even?
>>
Is it possible that I feel like lunges work my glutes more than the squat?
>>
Does it makes sense to eat at mainteinance on workout days and below on rest days?
>>
>>40044498
70 ish
>>
How do you guys judge bodyfat? Are there some points in particular you look at?

Example: If I see only top 2 abs and some loves handles he's at X bodyfat.
If i can see 4 abs but he has still a bit of boobs he's at Y bf etc.
>>
>>40047367
>looks like the face of a guy who bother to add the 0.5 to his height

HOW WILL HE EVER RECOVER???
>>
>>40048929
>7kg in 2 months
>2 months is roughly 8 weeks
>recommended rate is 0.5 - 1kg per week

It's not awfully fast at all
>>
How do I use an ab wheel? Like do I just do it to failure? Do I pause when I'm fully stretched?
>>
So if im doing a 6 day push/pull/legs split would it be smart to have it so routine A was with weights and routine B was not?

i.e.
>Push A, Pull A, Legs, Push B, Pull B, Legs, Rest

>Push A; bench press, flyes, shrugs, raises ect
>Push B; push ups, handstand pushups, dips ect

Or is it just better to do weighted training and the non weighted training all the time? It just seems like most routines have a A and B type with B being lighter than the first and im trying to make a routine that works with the limited gear I have (literally just DBs, bench and a frame for dips/pullups).
>>
I've been running a PPLxULx routine for the past 6 months or so, and I like working out often, 4 days at least.

recently I started cutting, and I'm planning to cut 20kgs, to 90kg more or less. This is going to take a few more months.

Now, I recently realised that even though I run PPLUL I get the most enjoyment out of getting new PRs, so I'm considering dropping it for texas method. But is it worth it to run texas method on a cut?
Also: Is there a 4 day variant of texas method? I don't think going to the gym 3days/week would suit me.
>>
>>40041828

Is a PPxPPLx routine okay? Or is PPLPPxx better?
>>
>>40048614
different anon, i have some too and they reaaaally faded over time (been eight years now) to a point you can only see them when I'm really tanned and I usually never am. Also unironically invest in those massage oils pregnant women use after they got the baby, I thought I was being memed but it helped a wee bit.
>>
>>40049280
only get crea monohydrate, literally anything else does not matter. take 5g whenever during the day for life, do not buy into the loading/cycling/oversaturation memes.
>>
How many kcals 2 hrs at the gym USUALLY burn?
I'm wanna eat at mainteinance which should be 2130 kcals, but I go to the gym 4 times a week for 2 hours and fencing 2 times/week for another 2 hours. Was wondering if 2180 is fine for mainteinance purpose.
>>
>>40050271
Do pullups, imagine you are trying to bend the bar with your pinky and ring finger (while of course still applying the needed pressure with the others kek)
>>
>>40050601
Literally what you said. More calories, more fat and carb to be factored into your macros, WAY better taste. Nothing to worry too much about as long as the former still adds up in the end.
>>
>>40051737

Is there a typo or are you really talking about 50 kcals difference ?? I haven't got any number to quote but if that exercise is by any means sane it's surely more than that.
>>
>>40050653
You don't get huuuuuge overnight, that's a common fallacy NYRs have for not using heavy weights, and you don't accidentally get too shredded because if it were like that I would not struggle so hard pre-comp you twat haha

If you really just want to be builtfat without definition lift hard as fuck but never let your bf% go below or over 16-18, tadaaaa.
>>
>>40051698
TM on a cut (depending on deficit) will have you feel like shit but it is perfectly doable. As for 4day variant, some guy on reddit (sadly do not have link with me as I am on mobile) created one where you just target the most lacking stuff in the last day in a similar style to the other three, some googling might help.
>>
>>40051796
A 50 kcal difference is after all 25% of a slow bulk so it's not that low. On tdee sites a 50 kcal difference is a difference of a few kgs
>>
File: 1322468198160.png (66KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
1322468198160.png
66KB, 175x175px
>>40051875
autism
>>
>>40051890
We're on /fit/ after all
>>
>>40051700

help
>>
>>40051700
PPxPPLx is probably better for spacing out rest
>>
>>40051875

Then my guess is that's fine for maintenance. It might even be too little, depending on your size of course.
>>
>>40051837
thanks
>>
I have a small home gym. The typical gym machine that has multiple uses and a bench press that only goes up to 85 pounds. Am i going to have to join a gym to keep training my benchpress/deadlifts/squats/ect or can could i just use the multiperpous gym?
>>
File: nakedpics.jpg (132KB, 654x433px) Image search: [Google]
nakedpics.jpg
132KB, 654x433px
can i do deadlifts with dumbbells? and how to do it? should dumbbells be in front of me or by sides?
>>
>>40052535
you should definitely not. but if you must, in front of you.
>>
Should I bench tomorrow with trap and shoulder DOMS? At least I think its DOMS, its just soreness that's not sharp yesterday on my right and today on my left.
>>
>>40041828
I have been back squatting my entire life. Should I start doing front squats aswell with the only goal of jumping higher (being more explosive & having more raw strength)?
>>
>>40052584
did you just start working out? if so it might just be doms.
also: the pain you felt on your right and is now on your left, is the pain on the right gone?
>>
>>40052591
I doubt any type of squat will help with that, you want more explosive moves like powerclean/snatch/boxjumps
>>
Is a week at mainteinance ok before cutting?
>>
>>40052821
to what end?
>>
>>40052824
Might not have understood your question. I heard that before cutting you should have a period of time on mainteinance. Was bulking til some time ago and now before cutting I am slowly lowering my kcal intake.
>>
>>40052755
I've been lifting for a year and a half but have only recently started OHP.
The pain on my right is gone completely. Best to have another rest day tomorrow?
>>
Can I SS my way to 1/2/3/4 5RM? I've been doing it for about 6 months (no prior lifting exp) and I'm a bit over halfway there but I'm really starting to stall.

Which programs are cool for transitioning from SS or GSLP?
>>
Do I even NEED a post workout meal if I grossly overate pre-workout(like an hour before)?

Had 250 cals of chicken breast, 200 cals of peas and kidney beans, 200 cals cottage cheese, 350 cals casein protein.

That shit's gonna take like 8 hours to digest anyway and I was supposed to just have 300 cals pre and 600-700 post work out to fit my calorie/macro goals for the rest of the day so I'd have to skip the post workout food anyway (plus my stomach is already filled up, eating any more would bloat/distend).
>>
>>40052871
>recently started OHP
sounds like doms to me, can just train through it.
>>
are 1750 calories enough to sustain myself? trying to cut at 5'7 185 pounds gym 6 days a week
>>
>>40052854
makes no difference, just cut if you want to cut.
>>
File: JumpRope.jpg (30KB, 899x899px) Image search: [Google]
JumpRope.jpg
30KB, 899x899px
is jumping rope a good form of cardio & if so how much should I do?
>>
>>40043482
It's an advantage to you because you will appear bulkier faster and u move the bar a shorter distance
>>
>>40043570
Hey tristana
>>
>>40043482
good for benching, less good for deadlifting
>>
File: 1398122373668.jpg (36KB, 197x331px) Image search: [Google]
1398122373668.jpg
36KB, 197x331px
>need 140g of protein per day to prevent strength loss
>can only eat 1400 a day for a 750 deficit

holy fuck how do you do it

even with three protein-focused meals I'm at the limit and under protein goal by about 20g
>>
>>40053364
chicken breast, just eat 700g of chicken breast.
>>
>>40053364
personally i eat greek yoghurt for breakfast, tuna for lunch and chicken for dinner and I get around 180g of protein for 1700-1800 kcal
>>
someone open a new thread lads
>>
File: IuagZ8V.jpg (820KB, 1226x851px) Image search: [Google]
IuagZ8V.jpg
820KB, 1226x851px
Doing SS, 4th workout was today.

Any tips for knowing when I have the bar positioned correctly for the low bar squat? I think my shoulder flexibility is making it hard - it's pretty uncomfortable.

Also, how do I know when I'm trying to lift too much (weight, not frequency)? I'm having trouble "feeling" it.

Last workout session my squat was 95 lbs, with what I think is poor form (went below parallel), my deadlift was 155, but I "bounced" on a couple reps, and didn't lock many of the reps out.

This morning I payed extra close attention to my form - and I think my form was a lot better, but I wasn't able to increase the weight at all.

I guess what I'm asking is should I back the weight off, or go for an increase 2 days from now?
>>
>>40044105
I am still so far away from this :(
>>
pull ups with overhand grip or underhand? Whats the difference? Why? Am I ever gonna make it?
>>
after my noob gains are over, how much weight increase can i expect on average every month on bench, squat and deadlift/
>>
File: IMG_20170117_173628.jpg (96KB, 1221x1145px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170117_173628.jpg
96KB, 1221x1145px
How big can my biceps grow in 2 month if i curl 20kg barbell 3 times a week?
And when should i add more weight and how much should i add?
>>
>>40053981
you should attempt to increase it by 5 lbs every time you hit the gym, or if you have tiny weights I guess 2.5 lbs is good as well.

say you're doing sets of 3, 10 reps. if last time you exercised you did 30/35/40 and got at least 8 reps on the 40, this time try 35/40/45
>>
alright so I've missed 2 precious liftan days because I've had a cold for the past 2 days. I feel the cold is coming down, I don't have the headache anymore but I still have the cough and nasal symptoms. Can I work out yet? for the love of god I need these gains.
>>
Is 170g of proteins a day too much for 181cm 69kg ? If yes why and how much should I take?
>>
Anyone here replaced bench with weighted dips?
Are you doing tilted forward variation? Or the normal ones
Is it even a good idea?
>>
>>40050292
Nothing is really "bad" for bulking unless you eat like exclusively shit like candy, chips and fast or processed foods

Get carbs, get fats, get veggies, get calories that's about it
>>
>>40053107
HIIT sessions three times a week
>>
>>40054115
Tilted forward, upright dips are for triceps. Not really a bench substitution but a great accessory.
>>
File: 1484255830615.png (60KB, 507x540px) Image search: [Google]
1484255830615.png
60KB, 507x540px
Why the fuck do I have dark exploding diarrhea for the past 5 days? I'm dealing with heart break, my father in the hospital for good, my best friend lost the use of his L leg due to a brain tumor and other turmoil in the past month. Is this fucking stress or because my diet includes one isopure protein shake and 2 chicken breasts non-marinated each night? I should even be fucking pooping with that little intake. 260lbs in 11/16 now 222.4lbs today.

Stretch marks are getting worse too. Losing weight too fast.
>>
Best swimming routine for burning body fat? As in, which is the best stroke for doing lane swimming.
>>
>>40054283
you arent getting enough fiber
take fiber supplements
>>
>>40054387
bro i'd be constipated then that makes no fucking sense
>>
My girlfriend has intolerance for a lot of foods.
(Gluten,dairy, stuff with a lot of histamine and so on).
Because of this she is very skinny and tries to gain weight. The stuff that she eats contains a low amount of kcal.

Is Egg Yolk powder something that she can use to get the extra kcal that she needs?
>>
>>40054421
it makes perfect sense you goob.
more fiber makes your poops firmer. drinking water makes sure they dont dry out too much.
add some psyllium husk to your shake
>>
>>40054028

I am also interested in this.

I understand that you can engage in 70% cardio while ill with a cold, but at what point is it not going to be detrimental to lift again?
>>
>>40054028
>>40054575
you can certainly go lift, ive done so with a cold
just dont expect to hit any PRs
>>
opinions on on goldstandard vs myprotein?
>>
my macros are usually 50% fat 30% proton 20% carbs i am bulking right now (if that matters) carbs only from whole wheat and veggies. are these OK?
>>
>>40054797
the only advantage whatsoever to myprotein is price. if you have enough disposable income, ONGS all the fucking way.
>>
Can I switch from SS to PHUL on a cut. just failed 115kg 3x5 and been on SL for 6 months and the prospect of squatting heavy every session is starting to make me dislike the gym. I know you should keep your program the same when on a cut but I can't take squatting every session for much longer, what should I do?

I'm 90kg and 185cm btw
>>
is it bad for your back if you sleep without a pillow?
>>
>>40054978
depends on the mattress, but usually its better to sleep without one. if you sleep on your back
>>
File: 1448182334677.jpg (168KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1448182334677.jpg
168KB, 1024x768px
I'm watching my600lblife for the first time..
Why does nobody gets to the point where you don't feed those bedridden people only healthy food?
They can't move, how would they get their shit?
Sure they gonna complain, but they are doing that anyway...
>>
Am I supposed to count calories dry or prepared?
3 cups of red beans with veggies sounds pretty fucking small for my whole daily allowance on a cut.
>>
Do you need more calories in winter? I've been back on my normal /fit/ diet for over a week now but I'm often feelingly hungry for no reason that I can fathom. The intensity of my workouts have not increased.
>>
File: beans.png (53KB, 1076x797px) Image search: [Google]
beans.png
53KB, 1076x797px
>>40055703
most calorie counting sites will specify which form of preparation that they mean

>>40055732
your body may be working a bit harder to try and keep you warm, but thats like a negligible calorie difference. Try using warm broth as a snack.
>>
Can a bulged disc heal
>>
>>40055908
legitimate medical inquiries should be brought to a specialist doctor
>>
can i bulk and still have a defined face?
>>
Would it be worthwhile to try running Nuckols's 2X a week bench program on Mondays/Fridays while doing 5/3/1 OHP progression on Wednesdays
>>
>>40054017
Good luck with that progrsssion on biceps
>>
File: 1475410215199.gif (1MB, 426x320px) Image search: [Google]
1475410215199.gif
1MB, 426x320px
Fatty trying to lose weight after gaining it after losing it here. Two questions;

1- When does the craving for my favorite snacks stop? They're sugary and i can't find their calories online, since it's a local recipe.

2- I bought one of those fatburners with caffeine on them. Are they any good? Do they help at all?
>>
>>40041828
That picture is sooo depressing
>>
>>40055954
I've been seeing one but he says it's up in the air it could be months or years
>>
>>40051803
Well I've been lifting for 6-8 months give or take

I'm starting to get good definition and gaining weight

I can see the top one or two of my abs currently

If I were to add 10lbs of muscle and cut to see abs I would "accidentally" look shredded

I was curious if I'm fucked for eating for higher bf% if fat doesn't go to my twig forearms, arms, etc
>>
>>40056220
I would certainly trust that.
I would probably stay away from things that can injure or aggravate it.
Swimming/yoga/biking may be good ways to stay in shape without too much irritation
>>
>>40056245
autism
>>
is leg press and deadlift enough to hit hammies and ass? i need to lay off squat for a bit while i increase my flexibility
>>
>>40056440
no
>>
>>40056471
FUCK hammies and ass then
>>
>>40050414

Me too but do like this, stand on a bench and just hold on to the bar or whatever and lower yourself down. Do that for a couple of sessions and you'll be able to do atleast 1 pullup
>>
>>40056246
>>40056246
Thank you for your help
>>
>>40056367
I suppose...

I don't expect to get accidentally ripped I was just playing off your assumption

I work hard in the gym and I know I will grow and I know 10lbs won't come quickly

I was trying to figure out why some people get a bigger build easier than others.
>>
>>40056616
actual genetics and hormonal differences
>>
File: squat.webm (3MB, 720x1000px) Image search: [Google]
squat.webm
3MB, 720x1000px
Switched to low bar squat. Besides the slight butt wink, how am I looking? How to fix the slight leaning imbalance I have?

Pls forgive the cropping and bitrate. Still learning shotcut
>>
>>40044782
how about you grip the bar correctly.
>>
>>40053879
> pull-up with underhand grip

you mean a chin-up?
>>
>>40056194
Bump.
>>
I'm currently cutting from 250, I'm 220 and I have two questions:

1) what should my weight be before I start to aim for mass?
2) I remember there being a few pictures on weekly plans and meals that were cheap and good for cutting, anyone know where those are?
>>
>>40041828
Bump?
>>
What's the deal with chewing gum? Does it really enhance your jaw?
>>
File: wtf dog.jpg (20KB, 475x365px) Image search: [Google]
wtf dog.jpg
20KB, 475x365px
How to barbell row??

I see two movements labelled with the same name. One row starts with the barbell on the floor and your back parallel to the floor. Another starts with the barbell being held just above your knees. At times, a barbell row also starts just below your knees, but above the ground too. Which one is it?? Or are they the same?

I'm doing SS, and their videos tell you to do the "barbell on the ground" variant. Thrall also recommends this variant. But the PT on my gym told me to do the above knees variant or whatever is called. I think Thrall said that the higher you hold your bar when rowing it turns it more like a shrug and trains different muscles. Shit what should I do?
>>
File: tumblr_o0i2vsuq9y1r9640po1_1280.jpg (124KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0i2vsuq9y1r9640po1_1280.jpg
124KB, 1080x1080px
So i keep reading that one of the exceptions to the rule that you can't build muscle and lose fat at the same time is if you are a beginnner.

So how should a beginner eat to achieve this. Maintenance calories or Lean bulk?
>>
>>40057935
The bar on the floor variation is known as a Pendlay row. This one is used in SS and SL because it is generally more of a power producing movement which allows you to use more weight, thus get stronger faster.

When you do increase the back angle relative to the floor, it does put more focus on the traps, but doesn't allow you to use as much weight and can cause you to use your lower back more which starts to defeat the purpose of the movement. Eventually you'll get to a point where you need to use that cheat movement a bit, but as a beginner you shouldn't be considering that for awhile
>>
How to you go about changing your macros when your cutting/bulking?
>>
>>40058420
When you say increase back angle relative to the floor you mean when you do it LESS like a Pendlay row right? If that's the case I find that in that position my legs suffer more for whatever reason, and my lower back is hit harder when using the Pendlay Row, which mystifies me. I must have the poorest form.
>>
File: 20170117_211315.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170117_211315.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
Can somebody estimate how much BF% do i have? Pic extremely related
>>
>>40056964
you put the bar too high up which is probably the reason you lean forward
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.