[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 37

File: 1461271493869.png (334KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
1461271493869.png
334KB, 500x324px
QTDDOT: cutting edition

last thread died >>39201525

Anyone notice some negative effects from cutting. I was driving the other day and i was losing focus quite easily. Also i feel my arms tingling a bit, is that normal on cut?
>>
Wtf does CBT mean, and why ate there always 2threads at any given time
>>
>>39217295
>Wtf does CBT mean
Current Body Thread. How meme tier are resistance bands?
>>
>>39217308
Bands are good for stretching and warm ups. And that's it
>>
>>39217308
not very, they're actually pretty useful. You can do negative pull-up/chin-ups without a gay ass machine and it mimics the movement of pull ups a lot better. Also almost every powerlifter and weightlifter uses them to warm up.
>>
When should i work in rotator cuff work.
>>
how many warm-up sets you all do for heavy compounds?
how to tell when your warm-up sets are efficient?
>>
From prev thread
Rippletits told me not doing SS exactly to the letter will kill my gainz
Does this mean adding chinups will kill my gainz?
>>
>>39217372
SS has chin-ups. stop saying "gainz" it makes me want to punch you in the teeth.
>>
>>39217408
Huh desu I never looked that far ahead. So I should just wait until I get to that point? Is there a detriment to just doing chinups now?
>>
Is it bad to do 5x5 deadlifts as a noob? more volume is good but there must be a reason why programs tell you to only do 1x5 right?
>>
>>39217455
i do 3x15 deadlifts. its alot better for my traps and lower back.
>>
File: IMG_1528.jpg (66KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1528.jpg
66KB, 640x478px
Is it bad to do HIIT (100m sprints) before working out?

It's usually an hour and a half to two hours before I go to the gym.
>>
At what age did your chest hair became noticeable?

I'm 20 years old now and i still have no chest hair. Am i low test? What do?
>>
>>39217408
>>
File: 1470927010345.jpg (263KB, 615x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1470927010345.jpg
263KB, 615x1012px
>>39217280
Are dumbbell flyes worth it? I heard they are unsafe and that using cables is better, but I workout at home and dont got any cables. SHould I just stick to bench press ?
>>
File: jL3UUJd.jpg (458KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
jL3UUJd.jpg
458KB, 1536x2048px
How much time do you spend to do deadlifts or squats? Including warmup.
>>
>>39217531
You can get more chest hair through your whole life. but you are just low body hair gene. Some girls prefer it anyway
>>
>>39217497
Bamp I also want to know
I've heard you should cardio after lifting so you don't have dangerously fatigued form during lifting
But I get too sore after lifting to run anywhere near what you need for HIIT
>>
My gym has one of these, or similar. Are the inner bars in between the pullup grips the same as a chin up essentially? I can't do a pullup, but I can do a couple of those if I give myself a boost with a hop up (6'1" not a manlet, just DYEL)
>>
If I am having trouble doing 5 for ohp at 60 lbs, should I deload to 55 and do it for 8 reps on ss instead of getting fractional plates?
>>
>>39217531
chest hair is determined by your genes, dont worry about your test levels.
Most men shave it anyway so you are lucky
>>
File: 1452750007588.jpg (141KB, 543x405px) Image search: [Google]
1452750007588.jpg
141KB, 543x405px
This guy (http://fitmencook.com/dont-ever-stretch-your-hamstrings-unless-you-read-this/) says not to stretch hamstrings even on off days unless using a foam roller. Is it true? Do hamstring stretches not improve mobility for back squats/deadlifts?
>>
worked out for 8 months a couple years ago and didnt get much, probably because i didnt and dont generally eat much.

i know the obvious answer is to just eat more food, but would protein powders help? would they at least help improve my appetite?

putting aside the cost of eating the amount of calories each day aside
>>
>>39217660
>inner bars
That's a neutral grip pull-up. It's just easier on your muscles if you have a hard time doing standard pull or chin ups.
>>
How do I increase my trap size without deadlifting?
>>
Looking for a pair of unbranded (or at least minimal), single color gym shorts in the 6-8" range. Anyone have recs?

>>39217778
heavy shrugs
>>
>>39217695
Skimming his clickbait article, the main point seems to be to avoid static stretches without warming up - which is true. Stretch after a small jog or post workout.
>>
File: IMG_1527.jpg (63KB, 587x413px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1527.jpg
63KB, 587x413px
>>39217497
Help plz
>>
>>39217665
yes

>>39217704
It is easier to consume calories via drinking than eating. it wont increase your appetite really.
If you are having trouble hitting your calorie goals, i certainly recommend using protein powder shakes and some peanut butter to help spike your calorie count.

>>39217497
>>39217640
I would leave any intense cardio for off-days, doing light cardio on lifting days.
you can try it if you wish, but i wouldnt.

>>39217539
Depends, warmup and 4 set of actual weight probably takes me about 10 minutes total. I am not much of one for long breaks between sets though.
>>
Which sport is the best for working out most your body? I heard swimming is the best for this but, I dunno.
>>
>>39217926
recommendations on protein then? will it help muscle development or is it just a scam/meme?

i have to import or buy online because you dont typically see that shit sold here (japan) and they dont have much in the way of protein outside of fish. and id rather drink pure protein than eat fish
>>
>>39217535
Bump for this
>>
How do Natural limits work?

There's a limit to how big you can get naturally, I know this. But how long does it take to reach that? If you start late (I'm 30) can you never reach that limit unless you had started many years ago? Or could I just lift for 10 years and by the time I'm 40 I'll have all the muscle I can possibly gain?
>>
>>39217354
>warm-up sets
not gonna make it
>>
>>39217963
Swimming is good
Rock climbing is also pretty good

>>39218049
It won't make you suddenly ripped or anything.
You should be aiming for 1g of protein per pound of *lean body mass* (this is not your weight), which should be relatively achievable via somewhat planned eating.
If you are having trouble getting to that amount, or having trouble getting to the calorie goal that is where protein powder comes into play.
Gold Standard is a good brand.
Doesn't Japan like chicken a decent amount? chicken is good amounts of protein.

>>39218099
>>39217535
I think they are fine, but it certainly is an exercise that you should not try to show off on. So what if you are using 10-15lb weights? make sure you are getting full ROM and can complete the sets without having to drop the weight

>>39218113
Because of lowered natural hormones (not as much T) you will probably never get to the largest you could have been natty, but you can certainly get to the natural limit of your current body if you train hard for 5+ years

>>39217354
I do a 1x5 warmup set before all my compounds to get any cracks out.
>>
5'8 Skinny fat, only have fat in belly.
Went to TDEEcalculator said I have to eat 2,983 calorie for maintenance and to cut is -500. How accurate is this? That is a lot of calories man, and I also need 248gProtein, wouldn't that fuck up my liver?
>>
When should I be moving away from machines and on to free weights? Been going to the gym for a couple of months now and made decent progress with both how much cardio I can do and how much weight I can move on the machines.

I don't have a clue what to do with free weights, but I keep seeing here that they are better.
>>
>>39218140
Once I read that limit, is it not possible to gain anymore muscle, even at a slow rate of like a pound of lean mass a year?
>>
I miss her, lads I miss her so much
>>
>>39218207
She doesn't miss you.
>>
>>39218157

Just keep working out until you nail down form or it feels easy. Free weights are basically the same movements as machines minus the ability to break form outside of squirming in the seat or completely misusuing it.

Look up free weight or compound lifts and start with 3x8 of compounds and 3-4 other lifts
>>
>>39218151
That seems pretty high for maintenance, how active are you? I have seen guys on here with higher though.
Where are you getting the 248g from? thats definitely not right.
its supposed to be 1g per pound of lean body mass, not total weight.

>>39218168
yes, just significantly slower but as you continue to age, your natural test continues to drop, the decay/gain would probably balance out till your 50s and then youd start to lose more than you gain unless you start on TRT.

>>39218157
Right away.
Form is very important to not hurt yourself. consider asking a trainer at the gym to check your form, watch videos online about it, use sticks/pvc/ empty bars to get form down first.

>>39218207
Idle hands are the devils workshop. busy yourself, busy your mind, leave thoughts of her behind.
>>
>>39217963
gymnastics, mma
>>
>>39218294
>That seems pretty high for maintenance, how active are you? I have seen guys on here with higher though.
>Where are you getting the 248g from? thats definitely not right.
>its supposed to be 1g per pound of lean body mass, not total weight.
Getting that from TDEECALCULATOR.NET.

I put in 3-5 days moderate exercise, those are the days I go to the gym to do compound lifts 3 days, the other days I am just laying around being a lazy kunt, maybe do cardio for 30 minutes but that's it.
>>
>>39218548
try this one instead
http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
>>
Doing SL5x5, but my barbell row is lacking. I feel like I'm using momentum to pull the bar up and then not using my back properly, but the only way to really focus on using my back is to use pitifully low weights. Should I switch to dumbbell row?
>>
>>39218592
Gave me nearly the same amount of calories, but no info on protein/fats/carbs like tdeecalculator.
>>
File: Burek_trokut_3.png (542KB, 606x538px) Image search: [Google]
Burek_trokut_3.png
542KB, 606x538px
>>39217280
Can i bulk on burek?
>>
>>39218634
>pitifully low weights
the gym is not a place for your self-esteem to rule over the right way to do things.
if you need to do low weight to do it properly, then do low weight.

>>39218645
Well if two sites confirmed that as your TDEE I would trust it. If you feel thats a little too high, you can do a -600 cut.
I will maintain that 248g is way too high.
>>
>>39218660
>Well if two sites confirmed that as your TDEE I would trust it. If you feel thats a little too high, you can do a -600 cut.
Yeh I might just do that, thanks.

>I will maintain that 248g is way too high.
But will my kidneys make it, senpai?
>>
>>39218673
I dont believe you will have any issues with youe kidneys, but you should check in with some other calculators on that amount because it aint right.

protein should be 1g per pound of lean body mass, you dont need 248g unless you are like 280lb, 5%
>>
File: 1469733254643.jpg (283KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1469733254643.jpg
283KB, 1000x1333px
>>39217280
So, I did something wrong while doing squats.
Most probably sticking my ass too far out on one session.

Now my right knee is tingly. And it has been like this for a week and a half.
I stopped squatting three or four days after my knee started complaining, but continued doing other exercises (deadlifts included).

What exercises are safe for me to do while my knee gets well?

My usual routine is Reg Parks aka squats, deads, OHP, rows, bench and some accessories.
>>
>>39218700
>right knee is still tingly after a week and a half
consider checking with a doctor if it makes it to two weeks.
>>
>>39218693
Alright, gonna do some more research.
>>
I've been going to the gym for only 3 weeks now. The other day I did squats and OHP, asked the gym's PT to check my form and he said it was fine, but now I'm getting some pain on my upper back, and when I jog it feels like it hurts in my stomach or something.

I can still squat and such but it hurts the most when I jog for some reason.

I did lift in the past years ago and I can recognise bad form pains since they were usually lower back, so Im confused at these.
>>
i did 110kg bench presses on monday, since yesterday my right shoulder has felt a bit funny, it doesn't hurt, but it doesn't feel right either, my form probably wasn't on point

anyone got an idea what it could be? can i lift today or should i stay off it until it goes back to feeling normal?
>>
>>39217531
Lol at age 16 I had chest hair you pussy
>>
>>39218714
I get excessively bad doms the first couple of weeks back to working out after stopping for a while, it could simply be that.
If the pain continues, consider seeing a doctor.

>>39218724
Probably just soreness, but I would refrain from aggravating it. You can lift, just stay away from shoulder related lifts.
>>
I know you can't target fat loss, but you can target muscle groups

So, here's my issue. I got love handles. Been losing weight. Still haven't lose those bad boys yet though, so what can I do to tone up my lower back and maybe get some more muscle there to fill them out with some firm less jiggly shit?
>>
>>39218749
>love handles
I have cut down to 145 at 5'11, my love handles never left...
If you thicken your core and and do a lot of upper back work it will probably help with more a V shape and make them less noticeable.
Not much to do besides that and continue cutting though.
>>
>>39218724
mirin
>>
>>39218749
As someone who has lost and put on weight more than once I can tell ya love handles will only go away with weight loss.

Just keep on losing weight and sooner than you know it, they'll be gone.

You can make them less noticeable in the meantime by training your upper back but you should be doing that either way.
>>
>>39218741
>Probably just soreness, but I would refrain from aggravating it. You can lift, just stay away from shoulder related lifts.

i'm reckoning soreness as well, today is supposed to be OHP, pendlay's and deadlifts, guess it's cardio day for me huh?
>>
Been lifting, got a painful small standalone lump in my left shoulder area, kind of above the blade but not quite with the neck line.

Should I stop lifting until this goes away?
>>
>>39218660
It's not an ego thing, I just feel like I'm not making any progress with the barbell. I don't feel like I'm engaging properly, but can't seem to get it down.
>>
>>39218848
Some lifts are harder to progress for some people.
My incline bench has always been pitiful and nogains.
Feel free to try other exercises that target that area for a while and then come back to barbell and see if it helped.
>>
File: IMG_0048.gif (3MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0048.gif
3MB, 720x405px
weight is 140lb
ohp 90
bench 165
bor 125
squat 195
dl 225

i started doing strength training a couple month ago. i think my stats are decent but i still look dyel. how do i start lifting for aesthetics? from what ive been reading do i really just lower weights, go for reps and isolation? pls respond
>>
1) I'm looking to increase my cardio fitness for creative sex gains, what's the best way to do that without killing aesthetic gains, and/or to supplement my strength? Running and cycling bore me and contribute to my rippletits trex mode. Is there anything I can do that will supplement my shoulder and bicep strength? Would burpees work?

2) I'm currently 20 pounds out from flat benching sets of 5. What kind of weight should I be curling to look balanced? Right now it's 3x5 at 50 per arm and I feel like My biceps look small, and my pull-ups are lagging and I think my biceps are the reason.
>>
>>39218926
Whoops, 20 pounds out from flat benching lmao2pl8 in sets
>>
>>39218647
normalno da moze
>>
File: Phrak Greyskull LP.png (167KB, 542x461px) Image search: [Google]
Phrak Greyskull LP.png
167KB, 542x461px
>>39218918

personally i'd recommend building a solid base of strength first before focusing on aesthetics and mass

to that end, Phrak's Greyskull has been a lot more efficient for me than SS

alternating bench press and OHP has really skyrocketed my strength in both exercises

my personal goal is to reach 1/2/3/4 (1pl8 ohp, 2pl8 bench, 3pl8 squat and 4pl8 deadlift) before i shift focus towards mass and aesthetics training, ofc, depending on body weight this goal is harder to reach for some than others
>>
>>39218926
1. cardio is not going to kill your gains, just make sure to account for the calories lost to it. If you dont want to run/cycle consider swimming or HIIT.

2. You should curl what you can, if you feel its too low do more.

>>39218918
This basically, >>39218951
get your lifts higher first
>>
>>39217280
How the fuck do I make my lats grow fit? Should I focus on volume instead of strength for size?
>>
File: 1417652122289.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1417652122289.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
>>39218947
Fala anon :)
>>
Skeleton here: tried to deadlift 95kg today (BW 70kg) the first rep was fairly easy, my back glutes and legs lifted the weight well. But by the third my grip had failed

Should i switch to mixed grip? Hook grip? Should i just deload and work on my grip strength until i can double overhand my work sets?

I don't want muscular imbalances or weak hands, but I feel like im limiting my deadlift
>>
>>39219051

never been a huge fan of mixed grip because of the risk of bicep injury and balance issues

hook grip is great if you can get used to the feeling of your thumb ripping off (i'm serious, hook grip is great, it just hurts a lot starting out)

at 95kg your natural grip strength with regular overhand grip still has a lot of room to grow, start holding the bar static for a few extra seconds when you're at the top of your deadlift, between each rep

incorporate hook grip when it starts getting too heavy, don't let your grip strength impede your deadlift progress

there's always straps or Versa Gripps if you can't get used to hook grip

liquid magnesium also helps a lot with grip strength and is allowed in most gyms (even if they don't allow regular chalk), just ask at the front desk
>>
>>39217280
Anyone recommend any decent runners to buy?

My Asics GEL-Nimbus 18s just kicked the bucket. Decent running shoe but just wondered if anyone else had a better suggestion for this time?
>>
File: 1463258645618.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1463258645618.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
Have any of you guys made gains on PPLx2 or is it a meme
>>
>>39219015
>Should I focus on volume instead of strength for size?

The answer to this is always yes
>>
>>39217328
I do a little at the beginning of every workout.
>>
What type of lifting shoes should I buy?
I don't do power cleans.
>>
File: 51B7r6-SRyL.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51B7r6-SRyL.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
Is this stuff a scam? I picked some up but I expect it to have nothing more than a placebo effect.
>>
>>39219473
It's probably bullshit. Actual testosterone needs to be prescribed or in other ways... It may boost your T in a minuscule way, but not anything noticeable.
>>
Is fake it till you make it legit?

Just want a gf again tbqhwy
>>
>>39219493
Might not give you a new gf
For me it did not but it did make me feel better and realize i dont need a gf, its an overrated experience

youre just horny senpai
>>
I'm getting sick. What do I do If I miss a workout? Do I try and make it up when I'm better or do I just stick to the regular schedule?
>>
'bout to pig out at a buffet today for my birthday.

How does /fit/ approach buffets? I'm in a dirty cut phase.
>>
Should I get lifting straps if my DL is 290lbs? I feel like even with over under grip I won't be able to lift much more.
>>
How do i make sure i dont fuck up my diddlies without a mirror or a buddy?
I often work out when the gym is empty
>>
What exactly is wrong with simple carbs like sugar?

They're cheaper and very calorie dense so its easier to eat enough for skinny people like me.

i see no downsides as opposed to eating complex carbs, specially if you also eat enough dietary fiber.
>>
How do I reverse grip bench press without hurting my wrists like fuck?

Best upper chest burn in my life, but it's murder on my wrists
>>
>>39219729

Take it as an excuse to make sickening gains for a day and continue cutting later on.
>>
I do 5/3/1 for some time now and making good gains on my Squat and Deadlift.

My Bench and OHP on the other hand star to plateau pretty bad. I still get one rep on the 3rd week but not one rep more.

So i was thinking, would it be smart to start doing bbb only on my upper body days?
>>
File: uahn.jpg (277KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
uahn.jpg
277KB, 600x600px
I'm 180lbs 6 foot 2, 18%-20% BF.

Should I be cutting or bulking? I've just been eating at to maintain. But I feel like I should be working towards a weight.

Goal body is 190lbs 10% BF

>>39219611
If you feel too sick to workout, don't. Overexerting yourself will just keep you sick for longer.
>>
What are some comfortable joggers that I can wear to the gym that you guys recommend?
>>
>>39219729

>dirty cut

never gonna make it
>>
I am starting a routine that has two curl movements week. Right now I do straight bar and hammer curls. In this new program should I do ez curl, straight bar or mix it up with hammer curls and other curl variations as well?
>>
>>39219870
>thinking cutting is hard
>thinking bulking is hard
Just eat less or eat more...
>>
I worked out this morning. I want to go work out again, should I?
>>
>>39219899
Nah m8, that will exert your body and ruin your gains, your muscles need time to heal. I get the same way though, I know what you mean. I usually just go for a long as walk on the track or through the forest, good for cardio, clears the brain, and can burn up to 300 calories.
>>
>>39219746
Insulin spikes and fluctuating energy levels
>>
Turbo dyel here.

What should I increment bench, squat and ohp by? Is 5 lbs on squat and 2.5 increment 3 times a week ok? (Doing ss, I may not be eatan enough
>>
Do squats work your traps?
>>
At what age and number of years lifting do steroids become acceptable?
>>
>>39219739
Record it and show us
>>
File: IMG_4126.jpg (33KB, 400x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4126.jpg
33KB, 400x427px
>>39219760
Pls response
>>
>>39220042
At least 21-25yrs old or it'll fuck up your hormones, and at least 1 year lifting so you learn basic form and shit and don't fuck your shit up.
>>
I'm having trouble "contracting" muscles when doing lifts. What does it mean exactly, I'm tensing up while doing the motion but I'm not sure if that's what it means exactly.
>>
Working out with DB's. Each pair now weighs around 9 kilos - huge progress for me, considering I was working out with 2 kilos originally - but I don't add to it often at all. I certainly get more at ease, albeit very slowly, but I don't increase the load often. Not even once a month for now. It takes me a few months to go up by 2 kilos (I don't have lower increments, I just increase reps, starting at 5, going up to 8 and when I can do 10 easily, I load up). Perhaps more leapy and bouncy than it should be, but I can't do anything else for now.

Is something wrong? Should I be adding more weight more often? If I can't seem to lift more, what am I doing wrong?

I eat correctly, make sure I get enough protein, and work out every other day or every third day.

I intend to buy a barbell, because I seem to understand I would improve much faster with that.
>>
>>39219958
Th-thanks, senpai
>>
How long after a non-work out injury should I wait to go back too the gym?

I tried going back on my normal routine 2 days after I got hurt because I started to feel better, but it made the pain worse. I'm feeling much better now, still on a good amount of tylenol, but significantly different than I was a week ago. Should I be totally pain free before I go back, or do you think I could start getting back into it for Friday's workout?
>>
>>39220200
Eat more
>>
2 years lifting experience and I'm 19, not quite at the recommended age, but..

Can I use clen to drop 18kgs within 20 weeks to meet army BMI standards... And, How long is it detectable for?
>>
73 kg
1,80cm

got love handles.
whats the best thing to do to remove them dietwise(caloriewise and nutritientwise)? also should Iadd a few more cardio?
>>
>>39220459
Calorie Deficit and time + Regular resistance and cardio training
>>
>>39218634
pretty sure it's normal to use a little bit of body momentum, but it shouldn't be so much that it takes away from the back being the big mover.
If you're doing pendlay rows, make sure to breathe in and brace hard before each rep, even if it takes a couple seconds to pause.
I do that and it makes it feel a lot cleaner and stronger towards the end of my sets.
>>
>>39220200

Ι dont think its about food. Try adding more weight and doing less reps at ur last set every 2-3 times you work out the same muscle
Example: if u lift 9kg for 10 reps , last set get it 10kg for 6 reps.
I dont know how to explain it honestly, hope i gave u the idea.
>>
>>39220481

define time. is this fat hard to burn when you are low on kgs? I ve been working ou for 1+ year, I ve had better moments in my body at the summer but I never really was as slim as I hoped. Got some extra fat currently due to loss of motivation and food exaggeration. Point is I never was as I wanted despite not eating much and working out much.
Also can caloric deficit destroy some progress ive made in strengh/muscle w.e.?
>>
>>39220428
Plz Respond Frauds
>>
>>39220459
>>39220521
depends on your current situation. to lose love handles you have to lose fat. to lose fat, you have to make that caloric deficit. if you're stalling at your current rate, either decrease the calories you're taking in, increase the energy you're using, or both.
if you're already at a relatively low caloric intake, use more energy up. do extra cardio to increase the energy gap.

It can be harder to burn more weight at lower weights because of diminishing returns. some of the caloric deficit over time can reduce muscle mass and consequently reduce tissue mass that burns energy. This can also reduce some progress that you've made on lifts, but stressing the muscle tissue is designed to force your body to preserve it. This is why you lift when you cut - you may lose some weight off your lifts, but not as much as if you weren't lifting weights
>>
>>39219729
What the heck is a dirty cut? Why would you do that?
>>
>>39220755
it's where I just simply eat at a deficit but I don't care what I eat as long as I stay under in total calories.
>>
Guys, very rarely all the muscles in my body seize up when I'm laying in bed. Like instantaneously it'll be as if I'm doing a Superman and have no control over it for a second or two. Should I be concerned?
>>
After one year of bodyweight training I can only do 6 pullups. Now I want to buy a rack and a barbell to start lifting at home.

Looking at my shitty progress and dedication, would you say that I'm just wasting my money?
>>
>>39220816
Where'd you start? I'm up to six pullups recently myself, but I've only been back into any sort of exercise for about 5 months now.

When I started I could do 1 and a half full ROM pull ups.
>>
>>39220816
Yes.

A home gym is a big investment. Try getting a membership to a gym for a bit first. If you can stay dedicated and you enjoy it, then maybe think about a homegym.
>>
>>39220814
Watch your electrolyte intake. Eat some more bananas or drink some low cal sports drink. If that doesn't fix it, ask a doctor
>>
Anyone else have fuckhuge upper arms, but have little pussy ass forearms/wrists? I thought lifting in general would balance it all out, but I guess not.
>>
>>39220840
I started with negative at full skeleton mode. It's just getting depressing at this point, I just can't seem to progress.
>>39220892
I've been to the gym. It's the only one in my area with hundreds of people at peak hours. The racks were constantly occupied by intimidating buff guy, I could barely do any exercises. I have the money, I'm just not sure whether I'm man enough to follow through with it.
>>
So today is workout day and I'm still sore as fuck, I started this week and yesterday I was somewhat okay (worked out on monday) but today my legs and chest are killing me. I tried to do some pushups to see how bad it was and it legitimately hurts and my arms fail. Should I go anyway and and just power through the pain?
>>
>>39221035
Oh man, I started with negatives when I was fatty fat fat, capped out at 10, then got fat again, and now I'm back up to 6.

You tried GOMAD since your skelly? I wish I was skelly sometimes. Dieting sucks.
>>
I wanna get big, so I gotta eat big.

But I'm already big, so I gotta eat little..

Where's the medium?
>>
Can anyone post a picture of Marcel for me?
>>
So if I eat beets I'm supposed to shit red, right? Am I dying /fit/?
>>
>>39220814
There's probably something fucked with your potassium levels. I'd see a doctor if only because that shit can fuck with your heart.
>>
>>39220814
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myoclonus
>>
>>39217280
i'm cutting and recently loaded on creatine. I gained 4-6 pounds in like 5 days is that normal? allbeit it was late at night and i had two small meals in me. Apparently my bodyfat went down too since the last time and i was heavier... what is it brehs?
>>
>>39221054
>started this week
as in you've never worked out before this week?
if so maybe take a rest day to stretch and hydrate
>>
>>39221080
So you used to be fat and now you can do 6 pullups? That's a huge achievement, kudos.

I just looked up GOMAD and I don't think it's for me. I have gained a lot of weight since I started doing fitness and eating properly.

I'm doing pullups, dips, diamond and regular pushups, l-sits, pistols, wheel rollouts but I'm not getting any stronger. Also consuming at least 115 protein a day.

So my last hope is lifting I guess.
>>
>>39221248
Yes I've been a potato for most of my life, haven't worked out somewhat seriously in at least 5 years.
>>
>>39221255
you need progressive overload if you want to build strength
>>
>>39221255
Why wouldn't you lift regardless? Lifting is the most invigorating part of my day.
>>
>>39220502

I understand very well, but every 3 work outs sounds insanely quick to me. I don't think I could follow the pace. It's too fast. Maybe something wrong with me.
>>
>>39221023
Really can't do much about wrists but smaller wrists will help your forearms look bigger.
Kinda like how a small waist makes the shoulders look wide.
As for forearms try to do more pulling work. Rows, pullups, deadlifts, shrugs. If possible try to avoid using straps or flip/ hook grip as much as you can.
Farmers carries with plates can also help
>>39220331
Stop if it hurts. Also try and work out other parts if the body. Worsening an injury and being out of the gym isnt worth it.
>>39220029
Not really
>>39219987
Please eat. Also don't try to change the program unless you know what you're doing.
>>39219881
Mix it up. Keep it interesting.
>>
Looking to buy knee sleeves and a weightlifting belt. What would you guys recommend?
>>
>>39221023

My hands are super feminine. I have the thinnest wrists. I got a watch today, I had to take out 4 cm of metal bracelet for it to fit. If you close the watch on nothing, it looks like a time-telling cockring, it's fucking ridiculous.

I don't expect my wrists to get bigger with the rest, and it's no problem. Women tend to like my delicate hands and wrists. I still have a strong grip, but my hands appeal to the lesbian in every woman.
>>
>>39221477
>If possible try to avoid using straps or flip/ hook grip as much as you can.

This. I never use anything, so my grip grows with the rest. Anything some item does for you means you won't train for it.

The exact opposite of why I lift free weights: I do the work myself.
>>
>>39221125
Eating maintenance obviously.
You will slowly lose fat and gain muscle.

>>39221157
yeah, beets will turn your shits red.

>>39221232
waterweight
>>
>>39221605
>Eating maintenance obviously.
>You will slowly lose fat and gain muscle.

Yeah, about that... You're better off losing weight first. You can still lift and everything, but don't bulk or eat at maintenance, eat less, but protein the fuck up.

Without the fat, you'll be able to see your progress, otherwise you won't. The fat hides your gains. Plus, you'll look better if you get less fat.

I personally work out and maintain a caloric deficit on most days. I just eat more meat after a work out and get protein from shakes too. I want to clean bulk, I don't want to get fatter.
>>
File: dipschallenge[1].jpg (553KB, 940x629px) Image search: [Google]
dipschallenge[1].jpg
553KB, 940x629px
When doing pull/chin-ups and dips, should I bang out as many as I can quickly, or is is better to do them slow and methodical but less?
>>
>>39221641
Slow and controlled. Don't listen to crossfags.
>>
>>39221641
>When doing pull/chin-ups and dips, should I bang out as many as I can quickly, or is is better to do them slow and methodical but less?

Slow, methodical, always in perfect form.

Doing fast can only hurt your muscles. You're training for strength, you want to get your muscles to be stronger. Go slow, go all the way, do the movement well.

If you do short, small movements, you'll get nasty little bumpy muscles like a bodybuilder.
>>
>>39221641
>do more & faster
>do less & slower

what do you think, fatty?
>>
>>39221683
>>39221684
ty

>>39221687
kys
>>
>>39217295

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
>>
Been browsing craigslist for a home gym for when i dont feel like going to real gym. What do i need?

>squat rack
>adjustable bench
>oly bar
>weights

It seems like with just those things i could do squats, deads, OHP, bench, shrugs, calf raises, and even curls and skullcrushers if i really wanted to.

Am i missing something? Is it really that easy?
>>
>>39221980

Sounds good to me.

Get something like this:

http://www.electronic-star.ch/Klarfit-PR1000-Power-Rack-Support-stable-pour-barres-de-musculation-acier_i250509.htm

You can do pullups and chinups and even dips, I think, with a rack like that. Not too expensive either. Make sure you have all the security bars required for benching and squatting.

Make sure you have enough room in your place, especially for overhead presses.
>>
File: 1453659191745.jpg (70KB, 587x356px) Image search: [Google]
1453659191745.jpg
70KB, 587x356px
>>39221980

Just for you:

Introduction to Barbell Training
https://youtu.be/7HRqB30lxmo?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

Deadlift
https://youtu.be/4AObAU-EcYE?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

Overhead Press
https://youtu.be/CnBmiBqp-AI?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

Bench Press
https://youtu.be/4T9UQ4FBVXI?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L

Power Clean
https://youtu.be/wIB_X2N6020?list=PLcQezwqoDs7ECX54FS0Lnkcn47AL5a5-L
>>
So I have a strange question; has anyone else got experiences getting physically ill from a certain exercise? Because every time I do squats I will immediately start feeling like im about to throw up.

I have no idea what to do about it. I cant just keep doing squats like this because its mentally debilitating. I feel absolutely fucking awful.
>>
>>39222159
Thanks. I have height restrictions because this is going in my basement, so i was looking at this rack:

https://www.amazon.com/Reebok-FM-RE72RK-Squat-Rack/dp/B01C4W0M0Y

Given my ceiling height, I might be restricted to seated shoulder press, along with doing pullups on an oly bar with my knees bent. Still better than nothing on those days i dont want to go to the gym.
>>
File: CC9cBbC.jpg (234KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
CC9cBbC.jpg
234KB, 640x480px
How much would pic related fuck me up?
>>
>>39221496
the store
>>
>>39222195

Half squats are worse than complete racks, though. Better than nothing, but still.

For pullups, if you have a beam in your ceiling, I recommend tying some shit up there and buying a pullup bar and tying it to the ropes. That's how I do pullups and chinups. From a beam in the roof.
>>
>>39222200

I'd say 1200-1500 calories tops. Probably not that much.
>>
is there any actual disadvantage to using the wrist strap method for front squats over the actual method, other than the latter is the proper way to do it?
>>
File: pepe1.png (165KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pepe1.png
165KB, 1500x1000px
I need to significantly increase my standing jump in a month. What should I do besides, obviously, jumping?
>>
>>39222303
>wants to get better at something
>doesn't want to practice that thing
>>
>>39222261
Nice, going drinking Friday, looks like I've found Saturday's breakfast
>>
>>39222330
Or he wants supplementary exercises...
>>
anyone else here have experience with bulking and acne?

I swear i've started getting acne again since i started bulking 2 months ago, hardly ever got it before now i've got marks all over my face

I'm not even eating shit food, just more food
>>
>>39222303
Run
Squat
Time your farts just right?
>>
>>39222330
I'm obviously gonna jump a lot if that was not clear
>>
>>39222388
>Time your farts just right?
kek
>>
I've been training on and off for years, but always take months long breaks at times and revert back to beginner status. For all those years, I've always tried dumbbell rows and always hated them; I can never get the form right, whenever I lift with my left side, I always feel it more in my right side, and I can't find a way to change it. I once again started getting back into lifting and have been using cable rows as my rowing exercise for now. Question is, if I use cable rowing as my main back exercise as a beginner, will that cause problems down the road via stabilizer muscles not getting worked out? Should I just suck it up and just spend a shit ton of time working with 10 pound dumbbells to get the form down, or will the cable rows be fine?

>>39222370
There's a million anecdotes about dairy making acne significantly worse; have you been eating more dairy for protein? For me, sugar gets my acne going bad, you say you haven't been eating shit, but if you've been drinking a lot of fruit juices, that could still be potentially worsening it.
>>
>>39217280
Is it possible to go too low when doing push ups?
>>
>>39219783
just out of curiosity, what are your lifts? my stats are similar
>>
What should I eat for dinner? I've had the same 2 recipes every night for 2 weeks and I'm tired of it. I wanna eat healthier but I'm clueless about new recipes. Trying to shed body fat.
My only stipulations are:
>high protein
>as low sugar as possible
>less than 600 calories
>nothing tomato based

someone help pls, I don't wanna cave and there's a Chinese place less than two minutes from me :(
>>
>>39217280
are cold showers meme?
>>
>>39222609
cold helps you recover quicker, hot only damages your skin
>>
>>39222489
I cut milk out a few weeks ago, and I only drink water

most of my diet is lentils, quinoa and assorted meat and nuts, only milk I get is the bit of cottage cheese I eat

Reading online it says insulin spikes can trigger acne - so just the fact i'm eating more?

fuck, I get this new confidence from lifting only to have this happen to me
>>
File: 1443318683314.png (84KB, 300x381px) Image search: [Google]
1443318683314.png
84KB, 300x381px
I literally can't recover from my workouts quickly enough due to some hormone issues that GPs won't touch and my appointment with a specialist isn't for 2 more months, so I'm going to do less exercise.

I do like 2 hours of cardio a week over 3 sessions and do SL 5x5 3 times weekly. My first thought was to just cut out a lifting day, but since SL gets shit on for being too much volume, I'm wondering if I'd be better doing 3x5 but keeping my current schedule. Advice?
>>
I'm a 5'10 male, 180lb with 22% bf, 25 yo, and I lift 3-5 times a week. most calculators estimate my maintenance at around 2.3k cals.

I've been eating at 1500 cals a day for 5 weeks, which seems extreme but happens to be the recommended amount from my myfitnesspal app.however, the weight's coming off pretty slow for an 800 cal deficit.

I've done a lot of starvation diets in the past that I'm not proud of for long periods of time (weight has always bounced between 160-190). is it possible I fucked up my metabolism and now have a lower calorie maintenance level? could there be genetic factors affecting this? I'm counting cals with myfitnesspal, but the only thing I could be messing up is picking the wrong suggested items in the app
>>
I'm trying to get good at/prevent injury while bouldering and have nicely built chest/shoulders/arms. 5'11" currently 160. Is this a crap routine?

ABAxBAx
BABxABx

A
3x8-15 db fly
3x8-15 db press
3x8-15 incline db fly
3x8-15 incline db press 25lbs
2x15-20 front incline raises
2x20-30 "Barn doors" (resistance band thing for rotator cuff, idk what it's called)
2x20-30 db lateral raise

B
Bouldering 1hr
3x8-15 Bulgarian split squats
2x30-40 palms-down wrist curls
>>
>>39222609
All the stuff I read about them usually had the phrase "I took cold showers for a little while" and then listed the numerous supposed benefits that the author gave up in favor of warm showers.

I did it for a few months and saw no difference other than the fact that I grew to dislike showers and made them as short as possible.

They suck and are definitely a meme.
>>
last week did squats at my working weight, tried 3x5 got 5 5 4

this week i got 2 3 3 and 2 reps of 50 lbs less deload

same eating sleeping and caffeine patterns, why would this happen? should i kill myself?
>>
I fell for the dirty bulk meme.

I'm still a skelly and in the middle of bulking but now I have a huge gut. Should I keep eating at a surplus? Should I add more cardio to my routine?
>>
Just started going to the gym this month had prior experience for 6 at planet fitness >lol

Are these stats bad? >5'10 160lbs
All lbs
Bench, 90
Dead lift, 160
Incline bench, 85
Don't squat lol
>>
>>39222737
it could be prostate cancer. have u gotten checked
>>
Going down on my squat it feels like pressure building up in my calf. Going up it feels almost like a shoulder impingement from doing OHP and not shrugging, but in my lower leg. What is it and how can I fix it?
>>
>>39222805
tyone checks my prostate 6 times per week

my friend thinks i "fried my CNS" but it sounds bs to me, no other muscles seem to suffer from fried nervous bs
>>
>>39217280
is 100 press ups in 10 minutes good?
>>
What are the benefits of drinking water? Like how much of an impact does the amount of water you drink make on lifting/performance? I feel like I'm not drinking as much as I need to but I don't want to walk around with a gallon of water everywhere. How much should I aim for?
>>
File: 3_urine-color-meaning-chart.jpg (64KB, 637x434px) Image search: [Google]
3_urine-color-meaning-chart.jpg
64KB, 637x434px
>>39223208
If you're not drinking enough and get dehydrated, your performance will suffer. That's a given. However there's no real difference in going well beyond your hydration needs (i.e. if you need 4L of water a day, and you drink 5L, it's not really going to impact performance one way or another). This is obviously provided you don't hit toxicity levels, which is difficult to do, but not impossible.

4L (a gallon) per day is usually a good level for most people that are active, though your environment may dictate more. Judge it based on your urine color.
>>
>>39222255
Who said anything about half squats?
>>
>MyFitnessPal
>"*You've earned 600 extra calories from exercise today"

...Is that how it works while you're trying to lose weight? Am I missing something here? Not even hungry tbqh
>>
File: Muscles of Back.png (980KB, 1024x876px) Image search: [Google]
Muscles of Back.png
980KB, 1024x876px
Did some Overhead Presses the week before and the highlighted area in pic related has been hurting for a week. It goes from mild discomfort in the day, but when I try to do OHP's again it goes to very noticeable pain.

As a pretense, I was doing the OHP's with dumbbells rather than a bar cause I don't have a gym membership yet. Did I "pull" something to cause the pain or did I just fuck up with form?
>>
if i'm confortable with a little chub and just want to get strong as fuck, which program should i do?
>>
>>39223766
Probably had your elbows too far out to the side, in the frontal plane.
Over time that would impinge your shit, but you probably just pulled your subscapularis or something similar due to poor mobility
Stop pressing until it goes away
>>
>>39223891
Same strength program you would do otherwise, just eat more

Ss is best for strength
Gslp is better for mass
Assuming you are untrained/novice
>>
>>39218294
Slow response.

So no matter how hard I work out now, by the time I'm 40, I would be MAYBE 10lbs bigger if I had started when I was 20 than if I was 30, because I'd still be getting those slow slow gains, correct?

Kind of discouraging to think I've missed reaching my fullest potential, but I guess it makes sense
>>
how many weeks for creatine and beta alanine to really take effect?
>>
>>39221477
>Worsening an injury and being out of the gym isnt worth it.
I get that. The last thing I want is to be put out for a week again. Do you think yoga tomorrow might be a good idea to gauge the ability for Friday?
>>
When i start bulking after a long cut, how much weight should i expect to gain in the first couple of weeks?
I heard that people gain like 5 pounds from water weight and shit.
>>
Started a waiter job, 3 hrs daily on weekdays and 10 on weekends. Brand new to fitness, so this is making me sore af. Should I get used to the job first, then start lifting? Or lift anyways?
>>
>>39222700
Are you sure you're counting all your calories? You should be losing 1.6 lbs/week at that rate. Also, your weight fluctuates a lot day by day depending on what you eat and water retention so don't let a day or two think you aren't getting progress.
>>
Got some questions:
Is it common to hit plateaus when in a caloric deficit?
If I can't finish 3x5 of a lift, how many lbs do I deload if I progress by 10lbs (My gym doesn't have 2.5lbs plates). I've been using bar/dumbbells depending on availability but I don't count the bar's weight.
>>
File: male-10-percent-body-fat.jpg (28KB, 309x328px) Image search: [Google]
male-10-percent-body-fat.jpg
28KB, 309x328px
Can head width in relation to chest size/nipple position be used to generalise someones size and muscle mass?
>>
A couple of years ago I hurt my knee (fat kid fell on it while I was running) and couldn't walk properly for a week after that. Went to the doctor, but they couldn't find anything severe enough to diagnose. A year ago I tried joining the fencing team, but once again I couldn't walk without a severe limp for two weeks straight. This very well could just be really bad doms after coming back to working out after stopping a while, but while it hurts for a few days once I start back up on upper body, I'm basically incapacitated when I start back up with anything lower body. (Could potentially deal with being a server and being on my feet 6-12hrs daily.) Combine that with a weak lower back and carpal tunnel and you have a real great party.
Any workout/lifting tips, whether it be to help the carpal tunnel, weak lower back or the bad knee?
>>
Out of all the great apes which one would have the highest combined total?
Which one would have the best wilks score?
>>
How the fuck do I acquire JOOCY forearms? The new gym I switched to has this rope machine where you can endlessly pull but idk how effective it really is.
>>
The lower back pain, wont go away, i wont have time for a doctor till monday.

the back pain is not super intense and it mostly manifest itself when i sit in a shitty position or bend at the waist

Should i stop deadlifting and squatting till i see the doc? i dont deadlift heavy yet, 40kg max
>>
is this correct deadlift form??? i see the guy is looking down when he ends the deadlift, shouldnt you be looking always front?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LhYspMFUmY|
>>
File: REALLY GOOD TO HEEAR YOUR VOICE.jpg (260KB, 428x393px) Image search: [Google]
REALLY GOOD TO HEEAR YOUR VOICE.jpg
260KB, 428x393px
this has probably been answered hundereds of times but I've been out of the loop and i can't get a straight answer, does fapping ruin or strengthen your immune system?

I need to know for winter, everyone around here has had sniffles since summer
>>
>>39225694
>does fapping ruin or strengthen your immune system?
fapping has no measurable long or mid term effect in your physiology whatsoever
>>
So I'm 2 months new to lifting and just noticed yesterday a light, spotty bruise going across my lower back in the "tramp stamp" area. I'm doing squats at 180lbs and being really careful to not butt wink and keep my back straight but since I noticed the bruise it feels sore. Not a sharp pain. Just dull soreness. Is this normal?

I noticed when I first started lifting that I had the same type of bruises, just way smaller, on the front of my hips just at my belt line and those went away after a week.
>>
How much worse are Split Squats over regular Dumbbell Squats?

My knee crackles and pops so I think Split Squats might be easier on them.
>>
>>39217280
If I consume salmon and almonds daily, should I switch from flax to chia seeds for optimal nutrition?
>>
I feel like my core is weak and it's a limiting factor for me. I've been lifting about 2 weeks and when I do, my stomach feels very nauseously uncomfortable to the point it makes me weak all over in every lift except benchpress.

Should I try to strengthen my core and if so how do I go about doing that?
>>
My parents have like 20 bottles of wine in the cellar but they are arranged in such a way that they'll notice if one is missing. I'm 21 and out of weed money, should I just grab one of these wines? I don't want them to be mad but I also don't want to be sober. I hear red wine is good for you
>>
>>39225799
Naw dude, you'll be fine.

That's the type of thing that'll turn into a habit
>>
>>39225809
It's already started, I found their secret beer stash but I feel like I took too many so now I'm moving on to the wine
>>
>>39225833
replace it with cheap wines (just the contents)

your parents are probably idiot snobs who cant tell their asses from good wine
>>
how strong do you need to be before attempting 650 lb tire flips?
>>
>>39225933
strong enough to do a 650lb tire flip obviously
>>
>>39225958
stfu you snide bitch faggot asswad. theres plenty of standards for out there for things like pull up > muscle up, ohp > handstand push ups. this isnt a stupid question at all. dont be a such a nigger
>>
>>39225980
lol, nice response chump.

Seriously though, you should probably have a pretty solid deadlift at least
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/are-you-strong-enough-for-the-tire-flip.html
>>
where buy shirts that fit ok? im 6'2, 47.5" chest, 34" waist

shirts that i get fit ok around chest/shoulders but look like a dress around my waist. wat do
>>
>>39225143
Anyone?
>>
Everytime I workout with my phone the second my hands get the least little bit of moisture on them the touch screen flips shit and becomes useless. What's the best way to keep this from happening? I need my jams
>>
I'm trying to do the starting strength program in the sticky but I am way to weak to do dips and chin ups and there are no assisted stations at my gym is there an exercise I can do in place of them
>>
would it be better for a beginner doing OHP to use dumbbells or barbells?
>>
Is 150 pushups/situps + 7km run 6/7 days a week for 5 months good infantry preparation? got basic in april next year
>>
Why do some people do standing dumbbell rows with their feet not in parallel?
>>
Is there a chance of low testosterone by jerking off to much?(atleast every day most of the time twice)
>>
>>39226135
Negative chins, and close grip bench press until you're strong enough for dips.
>>
Hey /fit/, I've been doing SL5x5 for the past 2 months seeing some noob gains and I lost 21 pounds. Its been going great. But what kind of accessories can I add to my plan for extra upper body work?
>>
Is there a some guide or program I can follow that will help me with dieting? Is weight watchers a good book?
>>
How to increase grip strength?
My deadlifts are progressing very slowly eversince I hit 10x100kg. When I start failing on my 2nd set, I notice that my grips are the problem. Should I stop mixed grip and lower the weight? Just a while ago I tried to 1rm 120kg and my grip just failed completely, scraping off the calluses on my left hand.
>>
>>39227052

Use chalk if you aren't already. That makes a big difference.
>>
>>39217308
I love resistance bands. They fixed my knee cave when doing squats. Not meme tier at all.

>>39217539
15 to 20 minutes.

>>39218157
I would move to free weights immediately. Just keep it light and get your form down.

>>39218714
It sounds like you're probably just experiencing DOMs. Keep at it, anon.

>>39218749
>>39220459
The only solution is to just keep cutting bf%. Some people have unfortunately body fat distribution, and that might just be one of the last spots for you to lose your fat.

>>39218926
How about rowing? And just eat more if you are concerned about losing muscle mass.

>>39219739
Record it for sure. It's way better than using a mirror or having a buddy check.

>>39220331
Wait until you are pain free or at least not taking tylenol for the pain.

>>39222193
That happens to me if I haven't eaten enough.

>>39222804
Depends on how much you were doing at planet fitness. I would say it's kinda bad for being in a gym for 6 months, even if it was planet fitness, since I started out benching 75lbs and weighed 110lbs. You should be able to see a lot of gains though. I made huge progress when I left planet fitness.
>>
>>39225537
Just wait until you see the doctor, anon. If sitting in a certain position causes pain, I would just take it easy. Dont' injure yourself further.

>>39225281
1. Are you wearing proper shoes at work? Get fitted insoles and replace them when needed. They will make a world of difference.
2. I wear compression gloves like an old person at home when my carpal tunnel gets bad. Take anti-inflammatory for it too if necessary.
3. Strengthen your lower back with exercises like hyperextensions.
4. If you need to, wear a compression sleeve for your knee. DON'T rely on it, but if you are in pain, try wearing one. Also tiger balm helps. I always wear knee sleeves when squatting, honestly. I do squat heavy, but I wear them for everything but the warm ups.
5. Chalk when deadlifting and doing pullups/chins helps immensely with grip.

t. ex server/bartender with carpal tunnel and a history of hip injury (which lead to knee pain)

>>39225759
Yes, do core exercises. Planks are a simple one.

>>39227052
C H A L K
>>
>>39225143
does anybody have an answer for this?
>>
Sometimes when bent over, I have trouble straightening my back. I think it's due to a weak lower back. What can I do to work that?
>>
My lower back hurts when I do squats.
Is this a form issue or do I simply have a weak back?
What exercises could I do to strengthen my lower back?

And while I'm at it, am I likely to make gains on a cut? I'm eating around 150-200g of protein a day
>>
>>39227218
Reverse hyperextensions
>>
>>39227077
>>39227120
Should I already be using chalk for lmao2pl8 diddlys?
>>
>>39227259

Its fucking chalk. There's no magical point at which you become qualified to use it.

The only stuff where the weight really matters is for knee wraps and suits/shirts and only in those because you literally can't use them without enough weight on the bar.
>>
>>39227273
Not that anon, but I bought lifting straps for like $5, are they basically the same thing?

Also

>>39226909
Pls
>>
>>39217704
Get weight gain senpai
I like serious mass
With whole milk it's just an 800 calorie boost
>>
File: Me.jpg (716KB, 2406x1544px) Image search: [Google]
Me.jpg
716KB, 2406x1544px
>do SS for like 6 months
>80kg bodyweight, pic related
>70kg binch 3x5
>50kg OHP 3x5
>107.5kg squat 3x5
>130kg diddlylift 1x5

Can I start adding hypertrophy into my workouts because I'm fucking sick of doing just pure powerlifting

also how do I add hypertrophy into SS?
>>
>>39227259
It's just chalk. I don't see why you can't use it if you are having grip issues. I have carpal tunnel AND sweaty hands, so I use it even when I warm up sometimes.
>>
>>39227232
Anything else?
>>
>>39220097
Grip the bar as hard as you can
It will keep your wrists straight
>>
>>39220428
Seems realistic if you had diet on point
Wouldn't hurt your chances at all if you think about it that way
>>
>>39222960
not really
>>
>>39227319

Not really. Chalk adds a bit of friction to your hands (and soaks up any sweat/dries them out). Straps pretty much anchor you to the bar so you don't have to worry about grip being a factor at all.

Its still possible to fail a lift due to grip with straps, but its not going to happen under normal circumstances.
>>
File: 1477519128250.jpg (1000KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1477519128250.jpg
1000KB, 1080x1920px
Got a body composition scan 30 minutes ago

> 22% bf (17kg fat)
> 60kg lean mass
> 33kg muscle mass
> 76kg weight
> 110kg squat 140kg deadlift 85kg bench 58kg OHP 70kg rows
> clean bulking adds 0.4kg fat, 0.38kg muscle, 0.22kg misc per 1kg of weight gained @ +3-400 cals

22% bf is getting high, cut or bulk?
>>
How do I fix my winged scapulae?
>>
I'm supposed to lift today but I feel extremely drained. Should I persevere or simply lift tomorrow?
>>
>>39227995
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z2rMKk-CfY

>>39228038
don't be a pussy. caffeine and sugar
>>
What would happen if I ate almost nothing but 0 calorie foods for 5 days straight with the intent of shedding about 4 pounds?
>>
>>39228066
That's called fasting and has some benefits.
Why do you want to shed 4 pounds?
>>
>>39217455
b/c you'll see gains from linear progression regardless. up to you despite that fact
>>
Was gonna go to the gym and do OHP and light bench, but my elbow feels funny

What do
>>
>>39217455
because a ton of volume isn't good for session to session progress

it is definitely good in the context of a periodized plan that has you dumping fatigue and testing every x weeks though
>>
>>39227325
did you read the book?
what's your power clean?
how many weighted chins / pullups, how many reps?
ditto for dips / triceps kickbacks?
1 / 2 / 3 / 4?
>>
>>39228087
want to shed around 4 pounds of fat before the start of November just as a personal goal so that I can go into a 3 month bulk and monitor the results closely
>>
>>39222609
>>39222714
good for the hip pocket, evidently
>>
File: video-1477563094.webm (840KB, 320x576px) Image search: [Google]
video-1477563094.webm
840KB, 320x576px
can I get a form check? I did 1rm PRs today and hit 200. pretty happy about it.
>>
Cutting
-How Long should I cut for
-How Long should I rest between cuts
-When cutting is it best to eat entire goal at once or small portions throught day?
>>
how does everyone handle caffeine addiction? i've been addicted to caffeine since i was a kid and a month ago i stopped completely. i miss using it as a preworkout but i'm pretty sure i'd just get addicted again.
>>
I measured my femur just now compared to my height and I'm long femured apparently, so to compensate I have to widen my squats, but I get hip abductor pain when I widen my squats beyond shoulder width apart, is there a way to fix this with warm ups? Right now I've been doing heels about shoulder width apart, feet about thirty degrees out.
>>
>>39228404

Google "butt wink". My form looked an awful lot like yours before my back started hurting. You may want to squat less low to the ground.
>>
>>39228208
I haven't done power cleans, been meaning to
Can do about 7 pullups and 11 chin ups unweighted
Don't have a dip station, gonna get some ring dips

What do you mean by 1/2/3/4? I clearly don't have those lifts yet.
>my goal was to hit 1/2/3/4 then start bodybuilding
>just want to see if I can or should start adding bodybuilding sets/reps in earlier
>>
Hi /fit/, weakass fag here.

So during calf raises after 10-15 reps I start to tremble a bit. Wat do?
>>
>>39228404
>>39228404
STOP going atg. You have a pretty hard buttwink, fix it and squat parallel in the meantime, this is a guarenteed way to snap city
>>
File: 1434845416313.jpg (69KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
1434845416313.jpg
69KB, 520x678px
How long does it take for muscle to start showing up on your body if you started at absolute zero?
I'm skinnyfat, working on getting rid of my belly.
Next month is going to be 5 months since i started going to the gym, and i noticed i slimmed down a noticeable ammount and i got more strenght, but i still have the same noodle arms i always had.
I'm not planning on stopping going to the gim anytime soon, but i tend to get impatient every now and then.
>>
Pro and Con me to my dilemma:

>Want a lean, low body fat physique but my stamina/conditioning might slack

>Want to take up BJJ/Boxing as a physical form of self defense/physical exercise but require more stamina than physical strength

What do?
>>
>>39228765
>>39228719
the outfit i'm wearing makes it look worse than it actually is. if you look at my lumbar spine it doesn't seem to flex past neutral. also my back doesn't hurt or feel uncomfortable while squatting
>>
>rest of the world
>"Don't ever lift with your back! It will damage it forever"

>bodybuilding world
>"Deadlifting is the best exercise there is. Now lift 200kg with your back."

Why is lifting with your back all good in the gym but not outside it?
>>
File: lifting.gif (37KB, 599x357px) Image search: [Google]
lifting.gif
37KB, 599x357px
>>39229042
>lifting with your back
>deadlift
pick one.
>>
Should I lift with a nasty stomach/gut ache?
>>
>>39229042
>Why is lifting with your back all good in the gym but not outside it?
Because you're not picking up awkwardly shaped and sized objects with poor grip points and the possibility the weight might shift around inside the container.
>>
>>39229042
not sure if bait or do you even deadlift
>>
>>39229042

The deadlift trains the back to be strong. Training involves controlled stress.
>>
>>39229042
In case this isn't bait, by "lifting with your back" most people mean starting with rounded lower back and straightening it under load, which is indeed a ticket to snap city.
>>
If when I change workout I change rep number on an exercise, what weight should i use? Should I try to keep volume constant?
Example:
If I squat 112 kg x 5 x 3 and I wanna go to 10 reps and 3 sets, do I go 56 kg x 10 x 3? Or should I do more?
>>
I get a tight feeling/slight pain in left knee during at the bottom of the squat. Its been there for a week now, probably got it after playing too much football. How do I fix this? I've tried quad stretches but it won't go away
>>
>>39229042
they mean use your fucking legs when you deadlift you handicap
>bend over
>grab bar
>lift the weight using your fucking pelvis as a hinge what the fuck
granted there's stiff legged deadlifts but those are lighter
>>
I have right hip flexor pain after squatting, and I've had it for a while now. Should I take a break until the pain goes away, or is my form just wrong? It has happened pretty much every time since I've gotten over 100 lbs on squats, I'm at one pl8 right now.
>>
Hey fit I am currently on Greyskull LP and I was wondering what does one do when their lifts reach an acceptable level? I am not interested in lifting extremely heavy or being a powerlifter. In that case for example lets say 2pl8 bench press is my goal, should I just increase the volume of my workouts and keep the weights same? How does progression work for people who don't want to lift very heavy?
>>
I can do about 2 lunges with 20kg dumbbells, should I keep working on this weight until I can do 3x8 or should I lower the weight? Using adjustable dumbbells at home.
>>
My muscles seem to have no fucking stamina, after a couple of sets I just fail at everything I do. should I just sit there in the gym and keep trying until my sets are complete on everything I have planned to do? do I reduce my weights? its crazy disheartening
>>
>>39230002
I've just started obviously btw
>>
Can anybody recommend a 5 day hypertrophy split for an intermediate lifter?
>>
File: 1386086536582.gif (19KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1386086536582.gif
19KB, 100x100px
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMwJcmkD1i0

Is he right?
Are dibs a shit?
>>
>>39230002
Reduce weights until you can complete full sets with control and good form, this will be vastly more beneficial than failing at higher weights.
>>
>>39217308
Good for mobility work
>>
>>39230142

Dips are only bad for your shoulder if you go beneath parallel, use a 0 deROM and you will be fine
>>
>>39230228

that was meant to read 90 degree ROM
>>
>>39230132

P/P/L

>Push
Bench 5x5
Spoto Press 2x8 right after
Incline DB Press 3x8
Tricep Pressdown 3x10
Arnold Press 3x8-10

>Push 2
Bench Press 2x5 1x3 1x1
Incline DB Press 3x10
Cable Flies 3x10
French Press/Overhead Tricep Extension 3x8
Lateral and Forward raises 3x8 each way
Shrugs 3x15

Pull
Close Grip Seated Row 3x10
Chin Ups/Pull Ups 3x AMRAP
Seated Overhand Pulldown 3x8-12
Hammer Curl 3x8
Reverse Grip Cable Curl 3x8

Pull 2
Lat Pull Down
Underhand Close Grip Pulldown
T Bar Row
Preacher Curl/Standing Ez curl
Concentration Curl
Forearm Supination/Pronations

Legs
Squat
Diddy
Hip Abductor/Adductor 3x12-15 superset
Calves

L/Push1/Pull1/Push2/Pull2

Legs twice the next week do Front squats once in a while and a 5/3/1 for strength and CNS conditioning
>>
File: squatting slav.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
squatting slav.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
Injury question here.

I threw my back out at work a couple months ago, my back was completely fucked for a week to the point where it was a struggle to get out of bed every day. After 3 weeks it felt better better enough to go back to lifting.

I was doing some squats and everything was fine until my 3rd set when suddenly I heard a pop in my lower left back right above my left ass cheek. I was in SNAP CITY once again but worse than the first time.

That was a month ago, my back feels better despite alittle soreness but I have no issue walking/running/working but I'm scared to go back to doing squats or deadlifts.

So the question, Should I focus on upper body for awhile and skip squats/deads? Should I switch to front squats and deload the weight to bar only wand work my way back up? Im not sure what to do here, the last thing I want is a 3rd trip to snap city.
>>
File: sn6l.png (458KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
sn6l.png
458KB, 800x800px
>>39222560
They are fucking trash. I got injured a month ago and lost a lot of my noob gains.

Before the injury I wasn't great either.

5x5 Squats 120lbs
5x5 OHP 65lbs
1x5 DL 145lbs
>>
Should I stop doing hyperextensions if I have anterior pelvic tilt?
>>
File: feb9niko.jpg (547KB, 1024x1467px) Image search: [Google]
feb9niko.jpg
547KB, 1024x1467px
>>39217280

I'm 21. I've never been more than a few lbs overweight and am currently at a normal weight. I've always done frequent cardio but have only recently picked up strength training.

I can't hold an erection. I pee pretty frequently (though I do drink 4-5 litres of water a day) and I sometimes suffer from a lack of concentration, mostly when reading (I used to read 50+ books a year, can barely sustain my interest nowadays.

I'm afraid I've got diabetes got low test, or even both. Getting my bloods done tomorrow. I'm utterly terrified, Doctor /fit/. Give a man some hope. Could this be anything else?
>>
>>39228651
How addicted are we talking here? Maybe you can not take preworkout and just drink a coffee?

>>39228756
Just keep doing what you're doing. You'll get stronger.

>>39228904
Which exercises are you doing?
>>
>>39217280
Is a keto diet a meme?
>>
What are the best back excersizes for developing a V-back?
>>
is there a limit to how many nutrients your body can absorb in one sitting? Like is it worse to eat giant meals instead of eating more often?
>>
File: 20161027_190953[1].jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161027_190953[1].jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Should I continue cutting?
>>
>>39230614
I'm alternating between leg day/arm day/Back and Chest day.
Leg Day:
>Leg Press
>Calves in Leg Press
>Leg Extension
>Leg Curl
And the finish with Lateral Rises and Front Rises
Back/Chest day
>Peck-tec
>Lat Pull Down Machine
>Rowing
>Hammer Strenght Machine
>Bench Press
>Incline Bench Press
Arm day:
>Lateral Rises
>Front Rises
>Bicep Curls
>Shoulder Press
>Bicep Curls with Bar.

That's the workout the trainer at my gym gave me, i do 4 sets of 8 reps of each excersise.
Sorry if the names of the exercises are fucked up, i looked up what they are called in english, also i don't know shit about lifting for the moment.
>>
new bread?
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.