[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 27

File: 1452894447712.png (199KB, 1200x1332px) Image search: [Google]
1452894447712.png
199KB, 1200x1332px
last thread >>39191315 is reaching the bump limit.

what do you guys think of my ppl routine for an advance novice:

PULL
2x5, 1x5+ snatch deadlift/Barbell rows 2x5, 1x5+
3x8-12 Pulldowns
3x8-12 seated cable rows
5x15-20 face pulls
3x8-12 hammer curls
3x8-12 dumbbell curls SS 3x10-20 wrist curls
PUSH
2x5, 1x5+ bench press
2x5, 1x5+ overhead press
3x8-12 incline dumbbell press
3x8-12 triceps pushdowns
3x8-12 overhead triceps extensions SS 3x15-20 lateral raises
LEGS
2x5, 1x5+ squat
3x8-12 Romanian Deadlift
3x8-12 leg press
3x8-12 leg curls
5x8-12 calf raises
>>
HELLO. HOW TO GET BIG?
>>
Anyone else feel like shit/guilty if theyre not workout out? like at 6pm when youre finished for the day

anything i can do to fix that?
>>
So I bulked hard and gained a belly, according to a online calculator my TDEE is 2800kcal, I got 6 months to lose the belly and be somewhat ottermode
Would be okay if i go on a daily 500cal deficit and low carb?
Gonna start doing 30 mins of cardio daily, so should I do it fasted or nah?
>>
How do I speak to women without crying?
>>
File: Retard alert.gif (480KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
Retard alert.gif
480KB, 493x342px
>>39201525
>last thread is reaching bump limit
it's not even close, kill yourself OP
>>
>>39201525
Whats the best way to learn oly lifts without a coach?
I want to try an oly routine for a little bit.
>>
Are pull down machines ok if I can't do regular pull ups yet? I'm a asian + manlet so I'd have to jump to reach the bars for negatives and there isn't an assisted pull up at my gym.
>>
>>39202065
>tfw school gym has no machine and no bench below pull up bar to do negatives
>tfw did one chin up and couldn't do another
>>
>>39201985
Was up with a bamboo stick for 5x10 before work sets and watch oly form videos and film yourself to compare.
>>
>>39201781
Yes
>>
>15 sets of Squat and 1 set of Deadlift per week
vs
>10 sets of Squat and 3 sets of Deadlift per week
?
>>
>>39201525

It seems like there are millions of opinions on what causes buttwink, how can I tell what's meme advice and what will actually work?
>>
File: animu.jpg (245KB, 931x1024px) Image search: [Google]
animu.jpg
245KB, 931x1024px
Just started lifting.
I need to bulk, right?
>>
>>39202383
Omarisuf is really reliable for workout advice
>>
>>39202383
By trying it out, moron
>>
>>39202443
Lean bulk. Eat quality food at 500 caloric surplus
>>
>>39202443
Just eat 300 above maintenance and lift. Dont overbulk and get fat. Gaining muscle natty is slow
>>
>>39202065
bump
>>
Why does SS have only 1 set for DL's? I've been doing the same # of sets as the rest of the lifts.
>>
> my chest is tight in my dress shirt, but my stomach is still loose
I'm going to have to buy new work clothes soon, but this feels amazing. A new suit is going to wreck my wallet, though.
>>
>>39202455
>>39202468
thanks, gonna go 300 above maintenance
>>
>>39201525

I usually deadlift 165 with an over-under grip /with straps, but I decided to change to overhand strapless so i can get manlier hands and forearms.

Tried deadlifiting today, but could barely lift 135 without the bar rolling out of my hands. I'm feeling really discouraged, should I continue lifting heavy with over-under/straps or lift lighter weights?
>>
If you've read up on 8 hour arms, everyone says you stay inflamed and "artificially" big for a couple days. Should I do a ridiculous training session Friday night for Halloween party on Saturday? I was just thinking I'd do DB bench, ohp, and reverse curls for as long as I could go before I wanted to kill myself
>>
Until this morning i had an increasing lower back pain, i think its related to bad posturing when i seat (which i corrected, i seat a lot at work). riding a byiclce with bad posture (which i also corrected) deadlifts and squats...

I've been stretching my lower back for a couple of days and today i took ac ouple of ibuprofens and the pain went away...

is it fine to resume deadlifitng this week or should i wait till im pain free even without the meds?

im not even sure if its pain i think its more like soreness, could it be relate to me deadlifting a record weight last week?
>>
>>39202734
>Should I do a ridiculous training session Friday night for Halloween party on Saturday?
no need for that, what most retarded non humans who lift for girls (like you) do is just a light training session before the party. One hour before just do like 10 reps of each excersise and youll get a pump on
>>
File: 1477339000424(2).jpg (155KB, 817x813px) Image search: [Google]
1477339000424(2).jpg
155KB, 817x813px
Hey /fit/, what do you think about having 2 days dedicated to heavy singles on the 4 big lifts for upper and lower body, and another 2 with lower weight, but 6 reps? I'm thinking MON/TUE = Heavy Singles Upper/Lower, THU/FRI = Moderate weight 6 reps. Would this be a good way to build strength? What about muscle gains?
>>
>>39202376
Try and get your hip/quad centric movements roughly equal in volume, like you would with push/pull

Squats/leg press/leg extension meme machine are quad dominant movements, deadlift/hip thrust/pullthroughs are hip dominant

You can get away with doing more squats than deads if you're not going crazy different in volume and/or squatting lowbar
>>
>>39202768
>he doesn't lift for girls
kek
>>
>>39202793
Switch it round, you've got two pairs of working days so do one heavy in each pair

Doing two heavy days in a row will mean your cns will be a bit more fatigued on the second one

I'd go heavy on Monday and Thursday, and if you do upper on the Monday then do lower on the Tuesday
>>
>>39202816
i dont lift for girls and im proud of it, if you have half a brain you can get any, i repeat ANY girl while having an average body. The hottest girls aim mainly for success. and in this society success is fame and or money and nothing else.

lifting is for yourself, you dont know what youre missing
>>
File: 1470942103753.jpg (28KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1470942103753.jpg
28KB, 500x375px
>>39202820
Thanks!
>>
>Try some pre-workout scoop for the first time 30 mins before training
>Want to fucking vomit during squats
I felt the boost but had to increase rest time just so I didn't chunder everywhere. Keep going for tolerance or stay batty?
>>
>>39202844
I want to fill them both with my seed until it's spilling and pooling around their feet
>>
Can noob gains be wasted? I still live with my parents and my diet isn't going to be there until I move out. I have a gym membership (starting to do most compound lifts besides squatting cause my form is absolutely atrocious) but I may get 60-70 grams of protein on a good day since my family is a bunch of radical vegetarians. Is it worth it to lift or should I focus on cardio and sports in the mean time?
>>
>>39202929
you have a tiny dick, you cum barely enough to cover the surface of a 10 cent coin. also, after masturbating to your henati youll be mainly focused on playing videogames
>>
>>39202760
please this
>>
>>39202491
Overtaxing your body with heavy DL's so it's usually recommended that one set is enough. Now if isn't heavy (differs from 1 person to another) then you could do more.
>>
File: londontube.jpg (39KB, 532x389px) Image search: [Google]
londontube.jpg
39KB, 532x389px
Hey M***

If you're around, it's me.

I have a meeting with a firm on Wednesday who only make appointments by application (and they accepted mine!) to help me find Venture Capitalists interested in my business idea.

Dude, I might be starting this business very soon and in part, it is thanks to your help!

(I'm the guy who takes care of his sick parents for those who know me.)

I even have an iconic building in my city picked out as the production facility.

Your help really pulled me out of my funk, M***. I cannot thank you enough.
>>
I heard adrenaline can make you do some superhuman shit

how do I voluntary make that shit pump out of my adrenal glands

I want to hit the weights at 100%.
>>
>>39203342
have someone drop 150% of your one rep max on top of you so that youll die if you dont lift it.

Your muscles will work their full strenght until its off you, even if it means they contract so hard theyll rip off your tendons and you cant lift for 6 months

but hey, youll unleash your full potential... faggot

what a shitty idea, stop giving us meatheads a bad rep
>>
I did 4x4 on bench press today of 200lbs

I think my back tightness was lost by the 4th rep, making it much harder.

Can I make linear progress on 4x4 instead of 3x5?
>>
>>39203144
Saw the post on /feels/, but I was in class and it got pruned.

That's pretty fucking cool, man. I take it the tour went well, since you're another step closer. I'm hoping the ventures pull through, but I have no doubts that they're gonna come through for you. Good job!
>>
How do I have less energy?

Today I woke up at 10 am and after staying up all day and training at night it is now 4 am and I am absolutely not sleepy.

Do I eat less or something? I am already pushing myself to the limit at the gym so training more/harder isn't a choice, I train hard for 2 hours at the gym, maybe I should go run when I wake up in the morning or something?

The problem is that I always end up fucking my sleep schedule and have to every week do an all nighter to fix it and I suposse that's not healthy
>>
Hey /fit/,
I have a lady friend that is bugging me to help her in the gym.

Should I just chuck her on SS or is there a better routine tailored for beginner females?
Essentially, will SS make her joocy or is there a better routine?
She's a bit overweight so I think cardio afterwards probably isn't a bad idea regardless of what she does.
>>
What is the maximum bodyfat % a novice should be before their first cut/mini cut?
>>
Why do bodybuilder types all seem to prefix any body part with 'that'? It's obnoxious as fuck.
>>
>>39203578
No, your body will literally only progress if your sets contain exactly 5 (five) repetitions
>>
I've started squats recently and I'm getting killer cramp in one of my feet towards the end of my last set. Usually lasts about 5-10 mins after. Is it my shoes or my form, or something else?
>>
>>39204736
Could be both.
>>
>>39204212
22%
>>
File: IMG_0300.jpg (1MB, 1638x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0300.jpg
1MB, 1638x2048px
>>39204204
This is an SS variant with isolations applied for women.
>>
>>39203896
Try cleaning your house. That always puts me to sleep.
>>
When do I breathe during overhead press? Should I be exhaling on the way down and holding air in my lungs on the push?
>>
>>39205078

For heavy reps? Breathe at the top and hold for the duration of the reps.

For lighter work? doesn't really matter much, but most people will default to inhaling on the eccentric and exhaling on the concentric.
>>
What healthy dessert options are there? I have dark chocolate dipped in nut butter, I have frozen berries and cream cheese. What else?

Also, requesting someone post the /fit/brownie infographic.
>>
>>39202701
Do your warm up sets with the grip you desire. Slowly introduce it into your work set.

Alternately start doing Kroc rows on the side.
>>
>>39202701

Unless you have seriously underdeveloped hamstrings/lower back, your deadlift weight is almost always going to way exceed what your overhand grip can hold. Luckily improving your mixed and hook grip weights tends to improve your overhand grip strength as well.

Do your heavy sets with hook, mixed or straps depending on preference. Do your light sets with overhand if that's your thing.
>>
Is doing a day of cardio/abs when I'm short on time limiting or hurting my workout the next day if its high intensity.

Am I weakening my core too much?
>>
>>39205207
Cardio abs is dumb. Your core is a stabilizer. What purpose does abdominal endurance serve?
>>
>>39205129

You dont get dessert
>>
What would give me the most benefit from db lunges, 2x10 or 3x8? Also, is fixing my balance on my right leg with bw ones then going up to say 7.5kg dbs a good start?
>>
Let's say I do a Beginner LP with the same accessories each workout. Is it a good idea to do ABxABxx instead of AxBxAxx?
>>
File: greyskull workout v2 phrak .png (73KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
greyskull workout v2 phrak .png
73KB, 547x465px
So I'm 3 months into this and starting to see progress, but my arms and chest are lagging behind.
Is there any point in adding isolation exercises right now (if yes, what would you recommend?) or should I just keep doing this and switch to the hyperthrophy program in 3-4 months?
Thanks a lot
>>
>>39205330
3x8

>>39205525
Depends on what A and B Look like. If they're like SS or SL, you'll have difficulties recovering properly pretty soon. If they're more like upper/lower or push/pull, it's fine. Though even then you should probably do something like alternating heavy/light days.
All in all, do a program like it's written. Once you've been lifting for a few years you can maybe try to write your own program.
>>
Is it ok doing PHAT while cutting? If not can anyone recommend a good program for my first cut
>>
>>39205540
You can do isolation if you want. Just don't do too much, and dont focus on them.
I'd say at most 2 exercises at the end of each workout. And stick to light exercises with dumbbells or curls. I.e. 3x12 db curls and 3x12 cable tricep extension.
>>
File: 598423428.jpg (108KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
598423428.jpg
108KB, 1080x1080px
Skelly in process of recovery here. I started lifting 6 months ago (1.80, 60 kg).

First time in gym I could barely bench the bar, now, six months later I bench the bar + 25 kg. (1.80, 65 kg)

Currently I'm bulking (~2600 cal) and starting coolcicada. Now here's the question.
It's an attainable goal to get my bench up to 40 kg at the end of third month? Ps sorry for broken English, is not my main language
>>
On the last rep of my heavy push press set at 100kg for 3, my back felt like it was about to snap. There's no residual pain and my first two reps were fine. Should I be concerned? I did kind of lose stability.
>>
>>39205673
Adding 15kg in three months as a novice?
Hell yeah man, if you eat enough to steadily gain weight it should be a piece of cake.
And please do count the bar, it makes it so much easier. You're benching 45kg, you're aiming for 60.

What sort of training routine are you running?
>>
>>39205692
Okay, I just did my second heavy triple and it felt fine. Surely I'm okay?
>>
haven't been to gthe gym in 2 weeks and need the motivation to go today
>>
>>39205620
thanks man
>>
>>39205713
stop being such a bitch and be disciplined instead of waiting for motivation
>>
Inclined or flat bench?
>>
>>39205713
Dude, come on. If you really want it, it's a struggle to stay OUT of the gym. I have to fight myself just to take rest days and I'm at 2/3/4/5
>>
>>39205695
I started with reg park (like 4 months), then 2 months of greyskull 3x week because uni and now I'm staring coolcicada, basically a PPL
>>
>>39205858
Good stuff. Just hit the gym on time and make sure to eat, it shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>39205748
Inclined. No reason at all for a guy to do flat bench unless you plan on competing.
>>
>>39205712
You probably lost focus. Are you properly stabilizing your core?
>>
Any exercises I can do to build some mass on my traps (middle and lower)? My back seems lacking and looks like a valley of no gains.

Already doing a 7 week to 50 pullups routine
>>
>>39205540
What are your current lifts? Might be time to upgrade to an intermediate program.
>>
>>39205574
If you can handle the volume go for it. Some people can't handle all the volume but some can. Try it out and see for yourself. I'm doing a 5 day program right now on a 500 calorie cut.
>>
>>39205956
Seated cable rows for middle traps. Whatever shrug variation you prefer for upper traps. Pullups are good but you gotta do atleast 100/week to see any real gains.
>>
>>39205748
Both you silly bitch.
>>
>>39204736
Could try stretching your calves before doing squats to see if that helps.
>>
>>39205979
I'm progressing pretty slowly so literal babby lifts:
Bench: 37,5kg (82 lbs)
Row: 37,5
Squat: 45 (99 lbs)
OHP: 25 (55 lbs)
Deadlift: 40 (88 lbs)
>>
>>39202491
Because it's designed with a complete DYEL beginner in mind. If you can do more than 1 set of deadlifts, do more sets.
>>
>>39205940
Apparently not, my third triple was solid and felt good. I guess I just fucked it up.
>>
>>39203005
No. There's no timer that starts when you pick up a weight. Noob gains simply means that it's easier for a beginner to progress when they're new to lifting.
>>
>>39202760
Try deadlifting, if it hurts then stop. If not then continue as usual.
>>
>>39206061
Pretty slow gains for 3 months. Are you eating/sleeping enough?
>>
I want to start lifting and set up a home gym right away.

Seeing as I'm an absolute beginner, should I buy cheap or expensive equipment?
>>
>>39206121
Don't buy a home gym until you're absolutely certain lifting is for you and you're disciplined enough to stick at it, or you'll regret wasting your money. If you're ready and you can earn back the value through your commitment, do it, and invest in good equipment that comes recommended by the lifting community regardless of the cost. Get stuff that will last.
>>
>>39206084
I sleep 7-8 hours a day
And I try to eat a lot too, but I guess it's still not enough
What would be the average/good lifts for 3 months?
>>
>>39206121
There are lots of different kits on amazon you can buy depending on how much you want to spend. But I'd start off with a power rack, a barbell, a bench and some free weights and take it from there.
>>
>>39205928
>>39206020
I'm so confused. :/
>>
>>39206121
buy the bar minimum and second hand.
Bench
cheap squat rack
barbell and weights
weightlifting platform: how to make: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2016/09/15/how-to-build-a-weight-lifting-platform/
>>
>>39206176
>>39206121
its 700 dollars total if you're efficient with prices.
>>
>>39206160
Height/weight/caloric surplus?

I've only been training for a year and a half but I had a 255 squat, 305 deadlift and 200lb bench after 3 months on GSLP.
>>
>>39206166
Do both lifts. Do flat bench press as a main lift and incline bench as an accessory to hit the upper chest.
>>
>>39206004
I meant at home. I just got a dumbbell atm.

Can't do any lifting since I am injured
>>
>>39206214
In that case just do more pullups I suppose. Try to hit a 100/week
>>
>>39206188
5'8" 132lbs
And I don't really count calories, I just try to eat as much as I can (+whey)
>>
>>39206234
Ah ok you're basically a skelly. Makes sense why your lifts are so low. I would really advise you to calculate your TDEE and to start eating at a 500 calorie surplus. Gotta count the calories bro.
>>
>>39206261
Alright man, I will
Thanks a ton
>>
>>39205990
What should I do if I can't handle the volume? Any recommendations?
>>
>>39206279
Either drop some of the exercises or switch to a 4 day program like PHUL or Candito LP. Depends where you're at currently.
>>
>>39206121
Barbell (don't go cheap here, buy a decent one)
Power rack/cage (can be self built if you have the capability)
Bench (simple and sturdy)
Weight plates (300-400lb for the start, also a few microplates, a couple bumpers if you want to clean)
Platform (self-built, how can be found online)
>>
>>39206279
You can also include a deload week where you only lift at 50% of your 1RM to let your body recover. Do it every 6-8 weeks. Once again it sorta depends how well your body is able to adapt to the volume.
>>
Can I blog here?

I had 4 eggs for breakfast, I feel pretty good.
>>
>>39206341
wew lad
>>
>>39206341
but did you kill a nigger?
>>
>>39206300
>>39206328
thanks anons
>>
Can I get noob gains if I eat maintenance?
>>
>>39206550
If you're eating enough protein it's possible to build some muscle if you're a beginner.
>>
>>39206359
Thanks

>>39206522
no..
>>
>>39201525
This is my new routine, what do you guys think?
R8 or H8, up to you.

Push:
Overhead Press 3x5
Bench Press 3x5
Close-Grip Bench Press 3x8-10
Chest Flyes 3x8-10
Reverse Flyes 3x8-10
Lateral Raises 3x8-10
Front Raises 3x8-10
Tricep Extensions 3x8-10
Pushups 3xF
Dips 3xF

Pull:
Deadlifts 1x5
Pendlay Rows 3x5
Shrugs 3x8-10
Kroc Rows 3x8-10
Bicep Curls 3x8-10
Hammer Curls 3x8-10
Dumbbell Curls 3x8-10
Pull-Ups 3xF
Chin-Ups 3XF

Legs & Core:
Squats 3x5
Romanian Deadlift 3x5
Hack Squats 3x8-10
Calf Raises 3x8-10
Glute Bridge/Hip Thrust 3x8-10
Hanging Leg Raises 3x8-10
Russian Twists 3x8-10
Crunches 3x15
Front Plank 30secs (+10 secs each workout)
Stomach Vaccuums 3x15

WARM-UP WITH HIIT ON EXERCISE BIKE
INCREASE SQUATS AND UPPER-BODY LIFTS BY 2.5KG
INCREASE DEADLIFTS BY 5KG
INCREASE ISOLATIONS WHEN POSSIBLE
>>
File: 1382469124737.jpg (32KB, 558x480px) Image search: [Google]
1382469124737.jpg
32KB, 558x480px
>>39201525
Will I die alone?
>>
>>>39206726

read the responses here champ :)
>>
>>39206726
Do you spend all day at the gym?
>>
As a fatty, what happens if I don't worry about diet, but just get jacked as far as weights are concerned?

Like just straight up pumpin' while fat
>>
>>39206807
You turn into Mark Rippetoe
>>
>>39206801
y-yes...d-don't you guys?
>>
>>39206845
No
>>
>>39205892
OK, thanks anon
>>
been looking at leddit's beginner PPL thing; i like the idea of being in the gym more often, but one thing that confuses me is that apparently it involves "1x5+" deadlifts WEEKLY. that just seems like nothing. should i try something else, or just try to go for like 5x5 DL, or what?

i'm also quintessentially skinny-fat; i need to lose weight because i've got straight up tits and a beer gut, but i also just have no fucking muscle on me. should i just say fuck it and cut super hard, build up cardio stamina (i want to start doing regular cardio if only for health reasons) and try my damndest to get to skeleton mode? guide me, /fit/.
>>
>>39205794
Thanks anon I went back today and deloaded a little bit but I'm back on my SS grind
>>
File: hpt.jpg (138KB, 738x415px) Image search: [Google]
hpt.jpg
138KB, 738x415px
sumo or regular deadlift?
>>
It's a stupid routine for a beginner. Do very simple FBW for 1 to 3 months, for example:
Bench press (Chest)
Deadlift (alternate with squats) (Back)
French press (Tricep)
Barbell curls (Bicep)
Calf raises
Leg press/Extension for legs
Shoulder press/OHP
Then add exercises after a month time.
You need that initial strength.
>>
>>39207314
oh wait, you are 'advance novice', my bad
>>
When should I start using a belt? I'm at a 2 pl8 squat and 3 pl8 diddly and dont feel like I need one yet but I also dont want to be that guy who thought he was fine and then one day fucks up his spine and cant walk for the rest of his life because he didnt know how much was too much. I obviously get that difficulty of lifting a certain weight scales with strength but there's only so much a body can take before the weight becomes too much to handle without long term consequences
>>
>>39201525
Does wrist strength improve with lifting? My wrists are always sore and I'm worried I'm doing damage to them. I'm thinking about using wrist straps or wraps or whatever it is you use for bench and ohp but I dont want my wrists to become weak through lack of stimulation
>>
>>39207343
belts don't protect your spine. learn what they're for before you decide to use one
>>
>>39206080
but what if it hurts when im not deadlifting?
>>
>>39207388
Not directly, but I thought it was to help you brace your core which in turn takes stress off your spine and reduces the risk of accidentally rounding your back. Is that not true?
>>
>>39201525
Can I get recs for a belt, liquid chalk and squat shoes? And maybe straps
>>
>>39207380

if your wrist hurts then you're doing something incorrectly. be sure to rest the barbell on the base of your palms so the weight is supported by the forearms rather than the wrist
>>
>>39201525
How to reduce elbow tendonitis from chin ups? Am I doing them wrong?
>>
File: 1458346622309.jpg (72KB, 719x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458346622309.jpg
72KB, 719x720px
>>39201525
>he still centers his routine around push/pull
>>
Any tips on maintaining an erection? I have no trouble getting it up, the little fella just wont stay hard long enough to put a condom on.
>>
File: 1469520097216.jpg (342KB, 1143x857px) Image search: [Google]
1469520097216.jpg
342KB, 1143x857px
Found out I had pneumonia last night.
All of the meds I'm taking kill my appetite.

Would it be a bad idea to lift in this situation?

Also, call me a retard/dumb nigger, but will cigarettes stall recovery or make it worse than it is?
>>
>>39206077
So would I be maximizing my noob gains without eating enough protein or is eating right and lifting the only way to do it?
>>
>>39207525
stop watching porn. Your brain gets used to being hard during porn and it's harder to maintain an erection without porn

also go a few days or even a week+ without masturbating before you try having sex, that'll make you hornier and have a fuller erection

Are you going soft after you put the condom on? Make sure it's not too small, that happened to me the first few times and it turns out I need a magnum.

If all else fails,
>https://www.kwikmed.com/
lets you order VIagra online legally. You can cut the pills in half, a half-dose is good enough for most people. Give it ~30 minutes to kick in for max effect.
They're kind of expensive though so idk what your finances are. The sites selling it for cheap are most likely scams but kwikmed is legit I've used them
>>
>When I started lifting my BP and pulse were 145/95, 80.
>For the first 2 months of heavy compounds it went to 155/70, 85.
>For the past couple of months it has stabilized at 115/75, 90.
>Did multiple measurements over a week and averaged, dropped about 10kg of fat in the mean-time.
Was that initial spike in systolic pressure when starting to lift normal? Why is my BP normal now but my pulse is even higher than when I started out? Is the larger relative gap between systolic and diastolic a result of left ventricle gains or something else?
>>
I'm doing Stronglifts and my squat just reached lmao1pl8 but I'm getting some lower back soreness and leaning forward a little bit. Do I really need to deload already and work on form or can I just tough it out?
>>
>>39207758
As a beginner you just can't strain yourself as much as an advanced lifter can, so you recover faster and increase your lifts faster. The bottom line is that you'll make the same gains, but not as fast as you perhaps could. But if you wait, you'll waste time too.

Maybe try sneaking to drink some milk after school? Order whey poste restante? It's not like people aren't hiding worse shit from their parents, get creative nigger.
>>
>>39207619
stop exercising. pneumonia is serious but only lasts 3-5 days if you stay in bed so just suck it up.
If you've always smoked, you're probably fine to keep smoking, but that shit WILL kill you.
>>
>>39201525
Need advice on my PPL Routine pls

1. Back/bis
5x5 deadlifts
5x5 BB rows
4x10 chin ups
3x8 seated row machine
3x8 lat pull down
3x8 BB curls
4x10 hammer curls

2. Chest/tris
5x5 bench press
5x5 OHP
3x8 incline bench
3x8 chest flies
3x8 lateral raises
3x8 DB incline
3x8 DB shoulders
4x10 skull crushers

3. Legs
5x5 lowbar squat
3x8 highbar squat
3x8 front squat
3x8 lunges (for each side)
3x8 hamstring curls
4x10 calf raises

For core I have leg raises and Dragon flags most of the time after my workout.

What do u think? Too much? I'm bulking rn at 2800 kcal
Stats: Bench 5x5 220, Squat 5x5 265, DL 310
>>
>>39207758
There are two kinds of noob gains.

1. CNS gains, as your body gets used to certain movement your body gets more efficient at doing them. There is no clock on this and as a beginner you will become strong very quickly because of this.

2. Muscle growth. If you have no muscle on your body it's easier for your body to put on muscle. Beginners can put on ~1lb of muscle a month for 1 years.

So if you're not eating enough protein but still training you're exhausting 1 but not really 2. Since if you're not eating enough protein you probably won't be building much muscle, hence why it will still be easy for you to build muscle once you start eating enough.

So for your question, yes the best way for a noob to progress quickly would be to train hard and eat at a surplus whilst getting enough protein. However if you don't do these things it doesn't mean that you're wasting your noob gains, just that you won't progress as quickly.
>>
>>39207860
>pneumonia is serious but only lasts 3-5 days
Highly depends, I had pneumonia for 2 months once and it almost killed me, took me over a year to recover fully.
>>
>>39207449
Any leather belt will do, there are expensive ones like http://www.eleikoshop.com/products/eleiko-pl-belt and cheap ones like https://www.amazon.co.uk/AQF-Lifting-Leather-Support-Training/dp/B00XILWCW2/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1477417539&sr=8-11&keywords=weight+lifting+belt. Depends how much you're willing to spend more than anything.

Liquid chalk I just buy it from myprotein, cheap and does the job.

Squat shoes, I just went all out and bought a pair of adipowers and they've been amazing. Don't have any experience with other squat shoes.

Straps, any pair of cotton straps will do.
>>
>>39207421
Then you should see a physical therapist or something.
>>
>>39207841
You should only deload if you can't do the 5x5. Regarding lower back soreness. Sounds like you might be doing a good morning squat. Try to fix your form. Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsXj2fQ4uow and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrwiddA_8CQ

But as long as your lower back isn't hurting I wouldn't deload.
>>
>>39207890

I'd probably drop one set from everything. Also the barbell incline bench seems a bit useless in there.
>>
>>39206726
>three type of curls
genius
>>
>>39207890
Looks pretty shitty. Just do a program like PHAT if you want aesthetics + strength.
>>
>>39207257
Depends on your body type. Do what you prefer.
>>
>>39207120
Go for 3x5 deadlifts. It's fine honestly. The guy who made that program had only been lifting for a year when he made it. It's just your run of the mill PPL.
>>
>>39208004
If I just want strength now would SS be better?
>>
>>39207984
Yeah maybe it's a little too much
>>
>>39207976
thanks dude
>>
What type of body can you hope of making if you dont really care about your diet?

I eat helthy, try to eat as much protein I can per day from good sources, but that;s just it.I dont eat more than maintainance. Im working out for hobby and socialization.
What can I hope to become in like 3 years of working out?
>>
how do I know how much to eat for a relatively clean bulk?
>>
>>39208180
Maintainance +200 on break days
Maintainance +500 on gym days
That should cut it for a beginner.
>>
>>39207923
How did it almost kill you?

I'm treating it now but I've heard it can negate the antibiotics and lead to organ failure/emphysema in serious cases.
>>
>>39208191
how do I know my maintanance?
>>
>>39207954
what if the pain stopped cause im taking ibuprofen every 8 hours, is it worth it seeing a doctor, or should i wait to see if the pain doesnt return when i sto p taking the pill
>>
>>39208199
google :calculate your daily calory intake and search. there are some mathematical types etc.
>>
>>39208191
>That should cut
>cut
lel
>>
>>39208195
Infection started spreading to my heart. But I guess that's 1:1000 cases.
>>
why do little girls put their hands on their hips? is it something sexual?

if it is? what does it mean if its my daughter, of course im not gonna do anything but, geez, i thought i raised her right
>>
>>39208304
(by little girls i mean teens)
>>
File: 1477341390843.jpg (258KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477341390843.jpg
258KB, 540x720px
As a 6'4 185lbs 21 year old man, can someone estimate what I would have to weigh to achieve this body type?

Bonus: What would be a good routine to achieve this body type?
>>
What type of body can you hope of making if you dont really care about your diet?

I eat helthy, try to eat as much protein I can per day from good sources, but that;s just it.I dont eat more than maintainance.

Post Pics or Mode names plx.
>>
>>39208323
high volume powerlifting and strongman stuff, gonna need to be in the gym at least 2 hours 4/5 days a week for half a year to get that thick and to get that definition is another story
>>
>>39208360
>half a year
that is the result of a couple of years very heavy lifting, at least
>>
>>39208360
>half a year
Try five.
>>
File: winman.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
winman.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>39201525
i need halp guys.
i injured my shoulder, so im not gonna be able to train for a month or so.
how do i lose as little strength and muscle as possible while i recover?
any exercises involving the shoulder is out of the picture.

pic unrelated
>>
File: 1426373046762.jpg (18KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
1426373046762.jpg
18KB, 320x400px
Hey /fit/

I'm an ex fatty, now down threw eating clean and doing www.startbodyweight.com with additional cardio.
I'm now down to 70kg/155lbs from 95kg/210lbs, at 177cm (is this really 5'8? am I a manlet?).

So now if i want to gain more muscle, can i do this only on maintenance cals? I am seriously afraid of falling back to old habits if I try a bulk..
>>
will taking pictures of me when I am at the gym help me pull single mums and depressed women on pof?
>>
>>39207828
Is that your resting stats or your post workout stats? If your resting heart rate is that high you need to do cardio and ease up on the stimulants.
That initial rise was probs just your unadapted CVS pushing blood around really hard through relativly small stiff blood vessels, now you are somewhat trained your arteries are in better shape being larger, with better smooth muscle control and greater perfusion of capillary bed. So now there is less resistance for your heart to work against,
>>
>>39208570
Take your current calories and add no more than 500 a day. Probably say 300 if your an ex fatty as you'll no doubt gorge at any excuse. Good luck
>>
>>39208570
Get a scale and weight everything you eat. Count cals and eat at a 250-500 cal surplus and you'll put on mostly muscle. You've dieted before you can do it again. Plus it'll be easier now since you won't need to lose as much weight after your lean bulk.
>>
I used to lift for about a year straight in 2012 and I was already chubby. I gained a lot of upper body and my shoulders became wide as fuck. I lost some weight around my stomach, then I lost my college gym and fell off. I am now fat but my shoulders are still wide and my arms are still big.

If I do cardio will I lose muscle mass in my shoulders at all? I'd prefer it since I can barely fit into Large shirts these days.
>>
>>39208565
any help?

please?
>>
Im on a cut (270lb fatass) and have been going to the gym every day for 2 months. Made some good gains, but yesterday during shoulders, I noticed the weight was too much, and my arms were giving up way too quickly compared to just a week ago. Since my form suffered, my lower back also got slightly fucked and is hurting. Should I just lower my lifting and add cardio/cycling? I love lifting but Im concerned Im heading for Snap City
>>
File: gripper.jpg (13KB, 341x171px) Image search: [Google]
gripper.jpg
13KB, 341x171px
Does anyone have experience with these things? My forearms are tiny so I want to increase their size, how much will these help?
>>
>>39208680
leave the train anon, never head for snap city.
i fucked yup my shoulder during a heavy bench, worst desicion of my life, no kidding.

lower the weight a little bit and go easy on it.
if you feel the SLIGHTEST pain, that is not DOMS or any other muscle aching, take 2 weeks off doing only cardio.
im not kidding, if you fuck up a joint, even worse, if you fuck up a complex joint like a hip or a shoulder, you will be out of the game for good, for at least 6 months, so think wisely when powering through exercises
>>
>>39208696
do forearm curls or what the heck its called, otherwise, your forearms will grow gradually when doing any lift that requires gripping.

u can figure out which kinds of lifts those are :^)
>>
>>39208327
failure mode
and not gonna make it mode

it depends on your starting body, post it
>>
>>39208565
You will barely lose anything in a month. People only start to lose tiny bits of strength after 2-3 weeks of inactivity. You'll bounce back so fucking fast I wouldn't worry if I were you.
>>
>>39208728
alright, thanks
>>
>>39208696
I do timed holds with these to improve my grip strength. It will increase the size of the meat "under" the forearm. If you want to increase the size of the brachioradialis (the top meat) you would do reverse curls and hammer curls.
>>
>>39208706
I should also rephrase my post. Ive been at the gym for 4 months, and for the last 2, I've been there every single day, on a bro split ( chest/tri back/bi shoulders legs). I'm starting to get decent weight on my lifts, and I can generally tell what my breaking point is. I just can't understand why I'm so fucked up this week.
>>
File: asdfwe.png (268KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
asdfwe.png
268KB, 500x376px
Is it a waste of time to work out on an empty stomach? Is it fine if I only eat after it? Do most the benefits to muscle building come from breaking down proteins after the exercise?

It's really hard to swallow anything in the morning for me for about 2 hours after I wake up.
>>
>>39201525
Don't know how to do dead lifts...

Have lifted for the past 2 years without dead lifts. Only upper body and squats.

Tried again the other day. I weigh 66kg (manlet) so I did some warm ups with just the bar. Can easily do it. Checked my form with camera and it seemed fine.

Loaded up 120kg and went to do it. Just wouldn't budge at all. Tried a wider stance, didn't work. Tried wider arm placement, didn't work.

Only way I could get it up was if I had my feet almost together, ass to grass, with my arm placement basically being a close grip... This way I was able to straight up completely. But this is basically just me squatting, isn't it?

Why can't I do it the normal way? Why can I squat more than I can deadlift?

I know I'm gonna have to just do loads of very low weight dead lifts or something and just suck it up and look like a complete pussy. But it is baffling to me... I shouldn't be able to bench more than my 1rm deadlift.
>>
>>39208820
Working out on an empty stomach is the best method. It means you can fit in more protein post workout, which is when it counts.
>>
>>39208954
You went from just the bar to 120kg. What the fuck did you expect?
>>
>>39208820
It's fine to workout on an empty stomach.
>>
>>39208977
But why can I do it with closed legs and close grip? That's the part that annoys me. I can do it the way that is supposed to be much harder. But not the way that is supposed to make it easier... :( I should just abandon deadlifts lol.
>>
>>39209022
What are you talking about, you just said you squatted the weight up. Listen if you're not fucking trolling look up proper deadlift form. Start off at 60kg and add 10kg every time you do them. Give your CNS some room to catch up on the movement.
>>
>>39209081
I wish I knew what I was talking about.

Yes, I will do this :) Thanks buddy. I wish I were not so stupid with a lot of simple thing.
>>
>>39208487
Nah dawg you'd be shocked what 3 months of high volume heavy shit will do for you. Like I said though, that's for the thickness, the definition is gonna take a bit more time to sculpt
>>
File: Screenshot_20161025-215725.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161025-215725.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
What is wrong with my ribcage guys?
It gos like this if i crunch without pulling it in, it also hurts on the ends
>>
>>39207791
Will try, thanks m8
>>
>>39209265
looks like flared ribs to me.
Don't think theres anything you can do besides surgery possibly.

if you build a thick core it will become less noticeable
>>
How do I learn to balance the barbell better on my bench press?
>>
>>39209255
>definition
>thicknes

woah, great ignorant categories, wanna throw in "tonedness" and "Muscleness" in there ?

there are only two things

muscle mass and body fat, nothing else cahges how you look, nothing
>>
>>39209583
Shut the fuck up dork you know exactly what I mean, try to flex your /fit/ hardness playing semantics with me get the fuck outta here. You get size faster than you get definition, shit it's nearly a requirement cause you gotta put on weight then get the lean definition later from a cut. Good luck trying to get that thick without putting some pounds on your skinny ass first
>>
I need a new pair of gym shorts.
Who has a good brand? above the knee but below mid thigh preferable.
>>
>>39209793
Man are you serious? Gonna need a QTDDTOT^2 to ask shit like that
>>
>>39209810
I just want some non-branded dark gym shorts in the 6-7" range.
why would that require another thread?
>>
What are the best routines for growth?

Full body or splits?
>>
>>39209959
If you're on gear, split
If not, full body with split compounds

Overworking is a meme, unless you're soft there's no detriment to going full body even at 5 days a week
>>
>>39209987
5 day full body seems like it would just be detrimental.

I do full body 3 times now, and if i were to squat bench and row day after day i would not recover.

I can hardly recover on Sheiko as it is.
>>
Floor dumb bell presses.
Are they any good? It seems like you can't get the full range of motion like on a bench
>>
>>39210041
You have to be smart with the way you regiment exercises for your upper body to mitigate fatigue but it really isn't a problem. Legs can be done every day, if youre the kind of LEGS DAY memer who goes nuts on legs 1x or 2x a week cut the legwork in half and just do it every day instead but even that isn't necessary if your legs are actually strong. Back when I was still playing ball as a lineman I'd open every workout with leg press 6x3@1200lbs, alternating front/back squats on machine 5x5@~600lbs, good mornings 3x5@~250lbs and safety bar box squat 5x5@~500lbs. Then I'd go onto the compound components for the day. Mon and friday would be bench components so a mix of rack bench, towel bench, fat bar bench etc. Tue was more legs and Thurs was deadlift components so rack pulls, deadlift machine, deadlift with platform advantage etc. After the legs and the compound work was done I'd go onto auxiliaries and do 1 or 2 of those for each muscle group. Hit every body part every day and was able to avoid injuries with some common sense regimenting. It's the compounds that you really gotta worry about getting injured or overworked but it's so easy to avoid that shit by breaking them down into components and not doing everything every day.
>>
How do I increase chin up reps? I only do about 5 before I start to struggle.
Is it a matter of working out biceps more?
>>
>>39210678
Just use an assist machine for sets of 20 and work your way to normal ones from there
>>
>>39210746
There's a park by my place that has calisthenics equipment. I work out there so I don't have access to machines.
Any other alternatives?
>>
>>39210821
Uhh it wont be as simple without an assisted machine -- do as many as you can and work on lat pulls that's really all you can do
>>
Does anyone else have those rare days where you just dont feel like eating anything?

Like you wake up kinda later than usual and it throws your eating schedule off balance and your body just feels like it doesnt even want to take anything in?

I'm having a day like that. I hope it's doesnt screw up my whole week.
>>
>>39210844
Looks like I'm really gonna have to put in work.
Thanks!
>>
If I eat lab-grade desiccator will it help me achieve that dry vascular look?
>>
think I injured my rotator cuff (shoulder hurt mid incline bp)
Should I stop training shoulder related stuff and wait for it to heal or go to a doctor?
It doesnt hurt when I sit idle
>>
>>39201525
I've started cutting my calorie intake but for the last week I ate a 800 calorie deficit each day I didn't realize until MFP started warning me I was eating too little but the thing is I'm full all day like to the point where eating more would make me puke and I haven't lost a large amount of weight just the normal 2 pounds a week but I'm worried that I am fucking up my body.
Note I also don't eat breakfast because I wake up late and sleep at around midnight so because I don't wake up for breakfast do I still need those calories?
>>
>>39209734
>you know exactly what I mean
yes i know what you mean
you mean you think YOUR broscience cosmo magazine bullshit oyu read is actually the right one

well guess what little ignorant inferior boy, you have to learn before you can be at the adults table
>>
Ground meat: what is the down low on it? Good? Bad?
>>
>Took 5 scoops of pre-workout
>Felt genuinely sick after the workout

Is this because of how much pre-workout I used or could it be because I still had horrendous amounts of alcohol in my system?
>>
>>39211415
there's no difference than normal meat

>>39211267
rest, go to a doctor if the pain doesn't become milder in 3-4 days
>>
Anybody live in anchorage and can reccomend a gym with enough racks that is not beyond expensive?
>>
>>39211482
>there's no difference than normal meat
They typically use lower quality and worse cuts.
>>
>>39211341
>Bulking and cutting is now bro science
>When you just know an 18yo manlet is on the other side of a post
>>
Assuming you breathe regularly, are the insides of your lungs room temperature or body temperature?
>>
What are some good cheap workout equipment for a beginner? I was thinking of getting some dumbbells, jump-rope and a power tower.
>>
>>39211728
Power rack, barbell, adjustable bench, weights, jump-rope. All you need.
>>
I started lifting recently and my acne has improved significantly. Why?
>>
>>39201525
Is soy protein isolate going to turn me into a nu-male cuck?
>inb4 >turn
>>
Did I fuck up my growth for the rest of my life?
During puberty, around 6th grade, I ate like shit- just getting out of my parent splitting, used to be an active kid and then started not eating. When I did eat it, it was nothing but oyster crackers, clementines, hot chocolate, ice cream, brownies-

And I'm a massive womanlet. 5'0 on the dot, hasn't so much as changed, even after working out and modifying my diet. Am I screwed?
>>
>>39212433
no
>>
>>39212503
The fact that you ate a bunch of calories probably helped your growth more than stunting it. Some people are just gonna be short.
>>
>Doing deadlifts on PULL day

LOL it's like you don't understand human anotomy
>>
File: witch.jpg (281KB, 430x860px) Image search: [Google]
witch.jpg
281KB, 430x860px
What is the lowest percentage of body fat you can have before you die?

I read 3% for males and 12% for females, is this accurate?
>>
File: Untitled.png (97KB, 365x244px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
97KB, 365x244px
guys, do your eyes get super red when heavy lifting?
>>
Does anyone have any advice on removing pseudo-gynecomastia? Finally losing 40 pounds after a few weeks of cardio and counting calories. I can see the progress in my stomach but this chest. This fucking chest won't fucking decrease.

Will it be gone as i progress or can i do something specific to cure it?
>>
>>39212419
less stress maybe, dunno
>>
Are the people here that have been lifting for long in the range of their ideal BMI? I'm worried that I'll still be under overweight because I;m really short even for an asian.
>>
>>39201525
How do I increase my appetite? I'm not reaching my calorie goal each day.

Also, how to improve deadlift weight, and power cleans balance? My squat is about 20lbs higher than my dead, and I still feel a little unbalance on power cleans as I increase weight. I haven't felt able to increase my powerclean by five lbs each time I do it for the past month, more like once a week, and I'm on SS. Maybe its because Im not eating enough?
>>
>>39212419
because you're sweating and sweating cleanses your skin. Remember to drink water and not sugary shit.
>>
Is Iced tea(the powdered ones) as bad as drinking soda? I want an alternative to just water.
>>
>>39213410
It has just as much if not more sugar than soda.

> I want an alternative to just water.
Me too ;_;
>>
Went to the gym today. Couldn't bench what I benched last week, squat form was awful never felt worse since lifting. Did I just have an off day or something? It was like I was working at 70% capacity max. Didn't eat anything different and I slept normally.
>>
With SS, why are power cleans 5x3 instead of 3x5 like everything else?
>>
>>39213428
>It has just as much if not more sugar than soda
Is that true? Guess I'll just have to put some lemon slices or tea bags when I want flavor
>>
>>39212503
>woman
>five foot square
you're pretty normal sized t b h
>>
>>39212519
But I don't want t grow bitch tits
>>39213337
Work out more, east more smaller meals across the day
>>
>>39213516
>lemon slices or tea bags
Yeah, this is likely the only option.
>>
Does anyone have a link to view the Swoly Bible online, or download a pdf?
>>
>>39213512

It's a very technical move so it's important to do it with good form, low reps starting out.
>>
What is the maximum body fat % a novice should be ? And what should they cut down to before bulking again?
>>
>>39213928
14,6 more than that and you explode
>>
>>39213978
Gonna give a legit answer or just keep being a knob? Asking a serious question
>>
>>39213997
gonna ask a goodly asked question or just being an obvious nweb? just giving you the answer you deserve
>>
>>39213928
Try not to bulk over 20%, cut to whatever you like.
>>
>>39214008
Yeah i am new, hence why i am asking what the maximum bodyfat percentage i should be is. If i wasn't a novice and knew, ya really think i would ask? If i didn't "goodly" ask a question how about trying to help me out?
>>
File: dsa14.04.png (2MB, 889x1629px) Image search: [Google]
dsa14.04.png
2MB, 889x1629px
Is 4 months of lifting 6 days a week and a strict diet enough to make a noticeable visible difference? Schools over for the year and I have 4 months off so I wanna know if it will be noticeable to people who don't see me every day. I plan to keep it up well after the 4 months though.

The plan I'm doing is this PPL:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

pic related is current body
>>
>>39214044
>i am asking what the maximum bodyfat percentage i should be is
15%. Read the article by Lyle Mcdonald on P-ratio.

TLDR: The proportion of fat:muscle gain becomes unfavourable above 15%.
>>
>>39214065
Do SL. It's better. Do cardio (ideally swimming) in your off days.

In theory, yes, you will have noticeable differences in 4 months, hell, you should have gained 12 +- 3lb of body weight in that time. However in practice novices struggle with the two most important concepts, adherence and progression.
>>
>>39214065

Yea just bulk hard
>>
>>39213488
You can have bad days, see how you go next time around and if it's shit again look into a deload.
>>
>>39214065
The first 8-10 weeks of your program will be neural adaptions. Afterwards is when hypertrophy kicks in.
>>
>>39213914
So when I'm more comfortable with the form should I switch to 3x5? I'm only on my second week of SS.
>>
>>39214178

You need to read the book and see what it says. I don't do SS so I haven't read it but I'm certain it addresses that. Either way stick to 5x3 during the program.
>>
File: 1459407999959.png (37KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1459407999959.png
37KB, 700x600px
Starting pic related after 2 years on a 5-day/week bro-split. I went from 200lbs to 130lbs without lifting, then started lifting and bulked to 175, and now am cutting. A few questions.

Will I still see "noob-gains," considering I hadn't trained for strength before? (My normie friends think I'm jacked)
How many (if any) accessories can I throw in at the end of each workout? Are certain days better for hitting certain body parts?
Why deadlift only 1x a week?
Is working out 3 days a week helpful if I'm used to working out 5x? I'd like to retain what muscle I gained on the bro-split, and the volume seems extremely low.
Are there any other routines that are better for aesthetics? (I know strength=muscle, but my primary focus is to look better) Should I do this or a PPL?
>>
>>39214178
>So when I'm more comfortable with the form should I switch to 3x5
No.

They only switch you do in SS is exiting the program at 1x deadlift deload 2x squat deload.
>>
I fucking hate powerlifting and I just want to jump into bodybuilding already

Can I just do that instead of SS
>>
>>39214296
if I should do some strength training anyway what are some powerbuilding programs I could do
>>
ive been doing this for the past week, every other day on the stationary bike. 3 minute warmup, then 1 minute on level 20, then 30 seconds on level 10. i repeat that for 15 cycles.

does that look like HIIT? or am i doing it wrong?
>>
How many months does it take on average before moving on from SS?
>>
I pushed myself too hard on Monday and now I have muscle strain in my arms, shoulders and back.

It physically hurts extend my arms and I have to stretch my muscles before I perform an action ecause the pain so so bad.

What to do?
>>
>>39214376
>>39214390
When you have developed a strong foundation of strength, so at least 6 months.
>>
looking at buying adidas sambas as a WL shoe. I have an irrational dislike for chuck taylors, but they seem to be popular for an all-around budget WL shoe. does anyone have opinions on how sambas compare? and maybe how they compare to by-design weighlifting shoes?
>>
>>39203896
How about not putting yourself in a position where you need to pull all nighters to fix your sleeping schedule? Your body won't get use to the new schedule in a single day anyway so you'll always feel like shit day in day out. Learn some dicipline.
>>
>>39214864
did you even read my post
>>
Why are people confused sometimes when I tell them my stats at:

OHP 0,5pl8
Bench 1pl8
squat 2pl8
diddy 3pl8

I have been lifting for 7 months.
>>
What's does /fit/ think about this routine? It's essentially a Legs Push Pull Split with Back/Biceps on its own day.

LOWER PUSH
* Back Squat
* Front Squat
* Leg Curl
* Calf Raise
* Cable Crunch

UPPER PUSH
* Bench Press / OHP
* OHP / Bench Press
* Incline DB Press
* Pushdowns
* DB Extensions
* Laterals

LOWER PULL
* Deadlift
* Romanian Deadlift
* Leg Extension
* Calf Raise
* Cable Crunch

UPPER PULL
* Pull-ups / Barbell Row
* Barbell Row / Pull-ups
* DB Row
* Incline DB Curl
* Hammer Curl
* Face Pulls
>>
>>39214981
Depends on how much you weigh
>>
>>39215011
72kg, but that has never been a factor in this before.
>>
>>39214713
what is a "strong foundation of strength"?
My goal was to hit 1/2/3/4 then start bodybuilding/powerbuilding
>>
>>39215035
Your bodyweight definitely is an indictor of your strength potential. Someone's who weighs 200lbs has more potential to lift heavier weight than someone who weighs 150lbs.
>>
What stretches can I do so I can successfully power clean? I can't seem to bend my elbows correctly.
>>
If you could only do cardio or lifting to lose weight; which would be the better choice?
>>
>>39215207
lifting

altough, the real important factor to weight loss is diet (cals in vs cals out)

but after dieting on cardio you look like shit, after dieting on lifting you look at least a bit muscled
>>
>>39214981
you bench one plate? for how many reps? are those 20 kg plates?
>>
>doing OHP just now
>home gym master race that's how
>load up new PR
>tfw 50kg
>slay 5 reps
>on the last rep it feels like someone smashed the back of my skull with a lead pipe
>back of neck and head hurts like a bitch

what the fuck guys
>>
>>39215390
have you checked to see if someone bashed the back of your skull with a lead pipe?
>>
So do I pretty much have to hook grip, supinated grip or use straps after a point? I hit 360 deadlift but now my grip is failing before I'm done with my reps. I'd rather use straps than supinated grip for safety reasons, but I hate fucking around with straps so I'm thinking of just using hook grip.
>>
>>39215449

Yes. Each approach has its upsides and downsides, so its mostly preference as to which one you use.
>>
>>39215207
Why would you only want to do one though?
Diet + Lift + Cardio is the best.
>>
>>39215449
Straps are a legit training tool, and if you have no intention of competing then don't worry about using them.

Even if you do, you can incorporate mixed grip into training your competition deadlift when the time comes.

Hook grip is great but it never really stops hurting. You should invest in some tape if you plan to use it for any length of time.
>>
>>39201781
500 cal defecit is perfect. Remember to weigh yourself everytime you drop ~5lbs to adjust your TDEE. Cadio fasted is up to your preference.
>>
>>39209793
rugby shorts
>>
File: 1418699588962.jpg (27KB, 380x250px) Image search: [Google]
1418699588962.jpg
27KB, 380x250px
I get a headache during exercises and when I fap.
The doctor told me to not exercise or fap for 2 weeks and see what happens.
I just want to know if there is anyone else who had something similar and can maybe enlighten me on what it could be.
>>
>>39208954
Wider stance and wider arm placement legit make the lift harder rofl and yeah, ass going past paralell makes it a squat. You are just ego lifting and it's pretty obvious when you consider you're 6xkg aftet 2 years of lifting even as a manlet. You still didn't learn, but then again, do you ever?
>>
>>39211277
If you're feeling fine you're not fucking up your bod. I assume you don't lift a lot of weights or none at all though because 800 cal deficit would show in the gym so it should be fine
>>
>>39215329
Exactly. I can bench 60kg for about 3-5 reps.
>>
Will our children be tall if the girl's father is tall?
I'm 5'8" but want my kids to be taller as I'm taller than my dad
>>
>>39215898
>be me
>not you
>dad was 5'10
>mother was like 6'3
>little brother is 6'3
>i am fucking 5'11

don't do that shit to your young you sick fuck
>>
Is it possible to make strength gains while cutting?
And
At 150lb and 16-18%bf, should I try to shed some more fat or start putting on some mass now?
>>
>>39215752
woah, i've been lifting for 3 months and i can bench 80 kgs for 10 reps, i feel like hercules, or maybe youre not even trying
>>
>>39216089
Things like this depend on person. How much do you ATG squat and whats your diddy?

I knew a guy who could ohp 75kg after 3months, meanwhile, i'm at 40 after 7.
>>
>>39215752
I can only bench 52,5 kg for 5 reps and am lifting for almost 5 months. I think we are not eating enough, anon.
>>
>>39216110
What do you weigh? you certainly don't something enough
>>
>>39216153
61 kg

Was 55 kg when i started.
>>
>>39216110
kids I could only binch 35kg when I started and only got to 75kg for 5 after like 7 months.

Meanwhile my squat went from like 55kg to 142.5kg in the same time span

shit is so fucked.
>>
>>39216170
Not so bad then your 1RM is probably close to body weight which is good for 5 months progress
>>
>>39216180
Do you squat ass to the grass?

You do know it means absolutely nothing if you only go half way dont you?
>>
>>39216181
Yeah, i kinda noticed it too, when i used symmetric strength. My benchpress was never lagging behind the average.

But when i'm at the gym, i almost never see anybody benching less than i'm doing.
>>
>>39216106
>Things like this depend on person
yes, different person do better efforts and are more disciplined
>>
Beginner fag here. How do I count how much am I eating?
>>
>Knee hurts
>Thinking about skipping squats today
>2 warm ups with 60% and 80% of my working weight
>Knee still hurts
>Say fuck it and try my working set
>Knee feels great and do new 3x5 PR no problem
Explain this shit.
>>
>>39216485
multiple amount of cals times the weight of what youre eating.

Most things bring a label with nutritional information, for things that dont search them online

also get a scale and weigh everything , at the beggining

you WILL underestimate all that you eat
>>
>>39216509
Maybe the pain was weakness leaving your body
>>
If I'm aiming for 5 reps at a given weight, but only get 3, is it better to lower the weight and do 5 more, or keep the weight and try to bang out another couple of reps after resting?
>>
>>39216651
try to do it till failure then, have a spotter, youre training strenght dummyboy
>>
Rippletits told me not doing SS exactly to the letter will kill my gainz
Does this mean adding chinups will kill my gainz?
>>
My gym has one of these, or similar. Are the inner bars in between the pullup grips the same as a chin up essentially? I can't do a pullup, but I can do a couple of those if I give myself a boost with a hop up (6'1" not a manlet, just DYEL)
>>
>>39216570
NINJAAAAAA
>>
If I am having trouble doing 5 for ohp at 60 lbs, should I deload to 55 and do it for 8 reps on ss instead of getting fractional plates?
>>
New thread
>>39217280
>>39217280
>>39217280
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.