[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT - Questions that don't deserve their own thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 254
Thread images: 23

File: Screenshot_20161024-004108.jpg (702KB, 1434x1726px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161024-004108.jpg
702KB, 1434x1726px
Old one has over 300 posts

What's a good cheap backpack for the gym that can hold a lifting belt, shoes, clothes and a water bottle in?
>>
How long do sessions of SS or SL take? My bodyweight routine usually takes 1 hour, if not more
>>
Been liftan 3 months, but i'm about 20% bodyfat, should i cut down to about 15% or should i bulk for my first few months and build as much muscle as possible, regardless of bodyfat%?
>>
>>39191315
>lifting belt
Ahahahahahaha!

>>39191405
45 min

>>39191530
cut down while making strength gains you fat piece of shit
>>
Is there anything cheap I can buy on the internet for small weight jumps on an Olympic bar? SS suggests baseball bat weights, but those are expensive? I could also pick something up from Home Depot or another hardware store.
>>
Asking a dumb question but how do I count calories?

I have a digital food scale, let's say I'm cooking brown rice, grilled chicken, and steam broccoli and carrots.

How do I use the scale and find out the calories from the weight.
>>
>>39191547
Aight, what calorie deficiency do you recommend for fat loss/strength gain?
>>
how can I estimate my daily calorie requirement if I have weight measurements and calories eaten each day
>>
What are god tier food to bulk with m8s? Tomorrow I'm going to do some shopping and I just wrote: Chicken, eggs, milk, oats, nuts(?), Icecream(?)

Also I read in another thread that the first 3-4 weeks of SS I should do deadlifts 3 times per week. Is it true? Should I do that?
I'm a poorfag (student) so If someone have a PDF version of SS (to read it in my mobile between classes of course) I would be very grateful.
>>
Should I stiff leg or romanian deadlights?
>>
reposting:
I'm on SS and i've been doing some 10-15 minute cardio after lifting.
I'm more concerned about losing bf% at the moment. Is what I'm doing wrong?
>>
About to start pic related. If my body makes it hard to do normal deads, can I do sumo deadlifts instead? I also feel the volume is too low, can I add more accessories? I've been doing a brosplit for a year, and look good by normie standards.
>>
>>39191658
Do cardio longer. Like 30-40 min
>>
File: 1459407999959.png (37KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1459407999959.png
37KB, 700x600px
>>39191759
forgot pic.
>>
>>39191759

Sumo won't really have the same training effect for most people. You're likely better off doing conventional even if it cuts the weight down a bit.

Run the program as-is for a few weeks before adding in extra stuff. You'll soon find out whether or not you need it/can tolerate it.
>>
I've been doing SO for two months or so, and my DL & Squat are progressing, but my Bench has been stalled for about 1 weeks.

Is it time to switch up programs?
>>
>>39191767
Even if I do them on the same day as lifts?
>>
>>39191783

>SO

I meant SS
>>
>>39191586
they are called fractional plates

>>39191605
you look up how much calories 100g of chicken/broccoli/... has and then calculate

>>39191624

>>39191634
no ice cream. Sugar lowers testosterone
for the free ebooks check out powerliftinggeneral.com

>>39191646
conventional deadLIFTS
>>
>>39191783
No. Lower your new weight by 10-15 lbs and work you way back up by 5 lbs each workout. Continue to lift big and eat big. You will probably overcome your stall and make some more progression.
>>
File: 20161024_081010.png (59KB, 672x600px) Image search: [Google]
20161024_081010.png
59KB, 672x600px
Changed my life completely the last months thanks to /fit/ by lifting, doing cardio and eating properly (limited sugar, salt, only water, no overeating), I've gone down 60 lbs and both feel and look more awesome than ever. My lifting has been quite amateurish however, I used the stripped compound routine in the fitsticky with some accessories I enjoy. Still seen big noobgains, this was the routine: 5x5 alternating between squats/bench/pullup, dead/rows/overhead and random pushups, crunches, hammercurls and forearm work.

I want a more serious routine and /fit/s greyskull version seems to be recommended a lot here and I think it looks great. Now my questions, apologies if they seem completely retarded, still learning:

1. Can I add accessories to it? Do accessories limit potential gains?
2. Lateral raise really tears my shoulders in a bad way for some reason, even with good form, is there something I can replace it with that you'd recommend?
3. I want to add glute work, forearm work and ab work. Where in the routine should I add those?

All answers appreciated! Thanks again /fit/.
>>
>>39191759
Yes add your 2 favorite accessories and do them like you do your compound lifts, by progressing weight. Just do regular deadlifts with lower weight and work up slower. Or you'll need be more specific about why you think you can't do them.
>>
What lifting routine should I start with while on a cut?
I've still got another 30 or so lbs to go till my goal weight but I want to start lifting, and I'm not sure which routine would work well for a cutting diet.
>>
>>39191783
check out symmetricstrength.com
if bench and shoulders are intermediate, switch to your own texas method variation
Also, you might want to do upper body first from now on
>>
HIIT on rest days or training days?
>>
>>39191839
Whenever you want. Just not on or right before leg day.
>>
Why does greyskull routine say rest 4-6 min between sets? I thought 2-3 min was max rest time
>>
>>39191817
do ohp with the grip rippetoe suggests to focus more on lateral deltas
no additional glute(are you insane?!)/forearm work
for abs: light bodyweight only. You don't want to overtrain bc you need your corestrength vor safety
But mostly tl;dr
>>
>>39191817
1. Add accessories. They won't limit your gains. They'll be beneficial for your gains, as long as you're not injuring yourself or not getting enough sleep and food to recover.

2. You could try 3 more sets of overhead press with lighter weight than your main lift, but higher reps.

3. Add forearms on the day you do curls. Abs on leg day. Glutes on leg day.
>>
>>39191860

The max rest time is whatever you need.

You want to keep it down where possible to keep your workouts to a manageable length, but the solution to that is improving your conditioning rather than trying to do your heavy sets without proper recovery.
>>
>>39191848
Am running greyskull lp, so everyday is technically a leg day
>>
>>39191860
Studies have shown recently that more one between sets is associated with bigger strength and size gains. Of course this is limited by how long you have to stay at the gym. I'm usually busy and only have about 1.5 hours to workout, so I do 3-4 minutes rests.
>>
>>39191898
A and C are really legs days. Conventional deadlifts are more of a back workout. You should be fine to do deadlifts a day after HIIT or HIIT a day after deadlifts.
>>
Can i do MRT training on off days while also running Greyskull LP or will i be sabotaging recovery?
>>
>>39191918
fair call, how many times per week should i do it and what's better HIIT or MRT for fat loss?
>>
>>39191918

Conventional deadlifts are still primarily a lower body movement. You need strong erectors, lats and so on but the actual moving of the bar is mostly accomplished by the hamstrings and glutes with a bit of quads.
>>
>>39191959
You'll be fine doing deadlifts after or before HIIT (with resonance recovery time). I would not put myself under a heavy weight for squats the day after doing intense running. And doing intense running after heavy squats can sucks as well.
>>
>>39191586
Look online for ankle weights. Buy 2 pairs of 1kg weights, and 1 pair of 500gm weights. Now you can create any weight you want.
>>
>>39191939
Maybe MRT is better but you'll be more likely to overwork yourself. I'd rather do HIIT and get proper recovery for strength and size gains than do MRT and feel weak on lifting days. Even at a calorie deficit, you're gonna want to go into your heavy lifts ready to kill it. I would do HIIT, but do whatever you find to be the most fun, and get good rest and nutrition.
>>
>greyskull lp::: weighted chinup or barbell rows
Do I alternate between the two or can I just do whichever I prefer
>>
>>39192048
Whichever you prefer. Or change it up. Just have fun, keep progressing, and eat big to get big.
>>
I've got some nasty imbalances on my lifts where my squat, deadlift and row are all intermediate but my OHP, bench, dips and chin-ups are novice or just barely novice.

Can I keep my intermediate lifts at a static weight, still in my routine, but focus on progression with my weaknesses without any issues?
>>
>>39192078

You could.

But I don't really see why you would.
>>
>>39192060
Cool, I love chinups
>>
Does anyone know anybody who thinks like/ believes BroScienceLife?
>>
>>39192087
Consistency, mostly. I'd like to be strong and balanced across the board, not just driving up 3 lifts.
>>
Is keto worth doing over a regular deficit? I've been struggling with my weight loss lately.
>>
>>39192029
Alright so say i'm training Monday/Wednesday/Friday should i do hit Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday ?
>>
>>39192123
I'd do Tuesday/Saturday or Tuesday/Wednesday/Saturday. I wouldn't lift on Friday after HIIT on Thursday. I'm assuming you'll be going hard of course. You can do a little pussy cardio sesh whenever you want!
>>
Why do people that of IIFYM almost always eating like they are on death row?

I for one am jealous since low carb is the only thing that has allowed me to cut weight. 13lbs to go until goal weight. 178lbs->158lbs->145lbs.

Also, what's the best calculator online to determine my calories and macros? I haven't redone mine since I was 170lbs.
>>
>>39192197
And what's the best way to develop some abs? I'm struggling in that department.
>>
>>39192202
Crunches
>>
>>39192132
Ah okay fair enough, thanks man
>>
3 questions:
Does locking my arms during dumbbell flys have any negative effects? s

Run then squat or squat then run?

are ankle weights a meme?
>>
>>39191315

Are there any reasons why I shouldn't start taking creatine?
>>
>>39192119
pls respond
>>
I realize that "abs are made in the kitchen", but if you're doing no ab exercises your not going to have any.

My question is, are squats/deadlifts sufficient enough core work to build abs and obliqs, or do I need to supplement ab specific workouts, so that when I get to my target bf%, my abs show well?
>>
>>39192197
>Also, what's the best calculator online to determine my calories and macros? I haven't redone mine since I was 170lbs.
The only thing that worked for me was weighing myself every day, taking a weekly average, and figuring my TDEE out by trial and error. The one time I trusted an online calculator I got myself into a retarded over 1000kcal deficit.
>>
>>39191547
>45 min for 5x5 of heavy lifting for 3 different exercises.
>45 minutes for basically 15 heavy sets

Unless you take 3 minute rest on the dot every time and completely neglect warm up sets and stretching then yes.

>>39191405
It'll usually take more than an hour m8. Once the weight gets relatively heavy you'll probably need upwards to 5 minutes between set to rest.
>>
>>39191783
You can try one or some of the few

1. Deload and ensure your form is correct
2. Buy fractional plates. Jumping 5kg everytime for bench and OHP is hard
3. Do squats last
4. Bench more

For no 3 and 4 you might as well do Greyskull LP. More upper body focus, you only squat twice a week and deadlift once.
>>
If the muslces aren't sore the next day after training, but you got a sick muthafuccin pump after the session, does you muscles still grow, even without soreness?
>>
>>39192119
pls respond
>>
>>39192119
Imo, no. Sure you'll lose weight fast but once you get back on a normal diet you'll gain it all. It's not sustainable. Best is to increase your caloric deficit. You might be overestimating your tdee. How heavy are you? Goal weight?
>>
File: 1459174198844.png (7KB, 700x502px) Image search: [Google]
1459174198844.png
7KB, 700x502px
So, i recently started with PPL a few weeks ago.

On saturday was my legday, but i wasn't able to go to the gym, so i went yesterday. Usually today is my restday (after legday), but since i wasn't on saturday, should i go today and do my push workout? Or should i rest another day to get back to my rhythm?
>>
Which would be better for creating and maintaining an ottermode physique; P90X, or Insanity?
>>
Should I buy a mass gainer or whey if I'm a beginner? (3 months lifting)
>>
>>39192950
I think Whey is never a bad idea.
>>
>>39192683
Personallly I don't have a dedicated rest day since I don't hit the same muscle groups two days in a row. I take rest days when

My body needs to rest. Too tired, too sore,
Have other plans
Feel like doing cardio

So my advice is listen to your body. But generally it's a good advice to give a maximum of 3 days rest for a muscle group. More than that and it's too much
>>
File: IMG_0561.jpg (120KB, 516x736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0561.jpg
120KB, 516x736px
>>39192690
Both.
>>
Is gaining a bit of fat when bulking unavoidable? I'm 5'10 and managed to cut down to 147 lbs because I wanted a good margin for bulking back up, but I REALLY don't want to gain any more fat.
>>
>>39191315
Just go to a sporting goods store and get any random duffle bag and it will work. Walmart prolly has some cheaper ones but they work just fine
>>
how do you clean your knee sleeves?

what i do now is handwash them with cold water, wring them out a bit, turn them inside out and let them dry on the laundry rack.
>>
How does protein get distributed to muscles?
If I train only one muscle and nothing else, does that muscle grow faster than if I had trained it along with the rest of the body?

Is there a reason not to train the whole body every workout?
>>
Am I a child for hitting 1pl8 squat in 4 months?
>>
Is it possible to go from 94kg to 75 before summer?
>>
I bought creatine tablets, and it says on the label that each one contains 4.2 g of creatine. Should I take one per day? The sticky says take 5 per day.
>>
>>39193637
Yes

>>39193716
People normally recommend 20g for loading (first two weeks of taking) so 5, otherwise 5g a day (so 1). You don't have to do the loading phase though.
>>
>>39193752
Any tips how?
It's almost november let's say I want to hit that before july.
>>
>>39193752
So it's okay to take 1 tablet (4 g) a day, or will I not see any results? I didn't load.
>>
>>39193760
Personnally I've never been in a position of a cut like that, was a lanklet. But my obese friend a couple years ago lost a lot of weight on a 1000 calorie deficit whill taking BCAA's and keeping protein high. He also did 5k walks each day which progressed to runs when he was able to. Must say after about 2months he began tapering his calorie deficit down to about 500 as he was feeling faint... Whatever you try, goodluck though.
>>
>>39193799
It's completely fine, there is no proof other than anecdotal that loading actually works. I used a loading phase, and the creatine helped, but I couldn't compare to not doing it.
>>
>>39193760
Get on a protein sparing modified fast. Lift heavy.
Then endure the torture til you're at desired weight.

Don't forget to take multivitamins, potassium and magnesium.
>>
>>39193806
Okay, thank you. I am thinking of loading though. It's my 3rd day of taking the supplement, but whatever.
>>
What does it mean if someone whistles at me like this in the gym: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1CTBmtdZZxH ?
>>
File: 1477275400076.jpg (78KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1477275400076.jpg
78KB, 766x960px
How long are bulks usually?

I've been lifting for a while but started my real first bulk exactly 2 months ago at 158 pounds and am now at 178 pounds. Is 20 lbs too much for 2 months or normal? I made some crazy gains like my deadlift going from 1x185 to 5x260 but am wondering if I should stop gaining weight.
>>
>>39194042
>how long are bulks usually
Six weeks.
>>
>>39193942
>look here
>>
>>39194059
Why would he want me to look at him?

I actually got it wrong in the recording, it's more like this: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1lyCpLapWU2

I heard it twice. Not sure if it was aimed at me but it seemed like it. First time was in the locker room second time on the gym floor just outside the locker room door.
>>
>>39194042
As long as you need to get the gains you want.

t. permabulk
>>
>>39194088
Maybe he wants your mires. But that's just "look here". Could be a nervous thing too. I knew a guy who would make weird whistle noises when he got nervous.
>>
>>39194118
I thought he was making fun of me for being skinny. It sounds like it would mean twink or small dick, but he couldn't see my dick, so, y'know, process of elimination.
>>
>>39194130
Might think you're cute. That tweety bird whistle just means "look". Trying to get attention.
>>
>>39194048
Source

>>39194116
Thx my nigga I know a nigga who permabulks but he says he hits a plateau so he has to lean out and then he will continue is that true
>>
>>39194151
>Might think you're cute
N-no homo?
>>
File: 1477275025502.png (269KB, 623x465px) Image search: [Google]
1477275025502.png
269KB, 623x465px
So how do I become better at BP?
>inb4 do Bench Press

I would like to be able to bench like 30 reps of my bodyweight or bench 3 times my bodyweight for one rep. It seems like the higher my bench goes, the higher my weight goes so Im stick in a loop
>>
>>39194166
Source what? It's just a standard microcycle. Most bulks and most cuts run six weeks if you're not on a strict diet/nutrition program.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-25-00-28-55.png (180KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-25-00-28-55.png
180KB, 1080x1920px
Is a fat chick, i just want a quick bj and then i want her to go and stay go

Please craft my wordes for me

Will poste response
>>
>>39194166
The only reasons I can see him hitting plateaus are either due to excessive periods of hard training requiring a longer rest or not being able to continue taking in the calories necessary to gain weight.
>>
>>39194172
Dude I dunno. If you weren't doing anything retarded and he didn't look like an autistic fuck, it's just an attention getting whistle. There's no real subtext to it. Just, look. Did you look?
>>
>>39194185
"ayy bby u wan sum fuk"
>>
>>39194178
>do a better program
>push yourself harder
>bench powerlifting style
>don't ''waste" time doing too much OHP
>arch your back more
>>
>>39191819
>>39191780
My body proportions (short legs etc.) make it hard to do a normal dead while keeping my back neutral. Should I keep trying, or do the sumos? I never "got into" doing deadlifts for this reason until I discovered sumos.
As for the accessory question, when should I throw in those accessories?
>>
>>39194209
Wait wait wait that part about OHP? How does OHP has something to do? I indeed do a lot of OHP its my fav lift
>>
My lower back is getting every day more sore

i have squatting and deadlift in my routine, i also cycle a good deal, i think i had shitty sitting posture but i corrected it

what is absolutely everything i can do to eliminate this ache 100% completely as fast as possible?

will stretching help?
>>
>>39194218
Fatigues the same muscle group in the shoulder and arms. Impedes recovery and progress.
>>
>>39194218
Cut back on the OHP. I know you love it, but for your bench to succeed you need to focus on it, and OHP makes it harder to recover fully.
>>
>>39194226
Hanging leg raises and back extensions
>>
>>39194226
Look up Dr Stuart McGill's Big 3 and Bill Starr's back rehab program.
>>
Any recommended reading for calisthenics? I want to start doing some calisthenic routines on my off days because it's great for judo and wrestling.
>>
>>39194185
Don't try to be cute. It looks try-hard.

This is what I do:
>First message: say hi in a more interesting way than "hi" or "hey" (I say "peace")
>Second message: "how are you cutie?"
>Third message: "i'm not a fan of online conversations, what's your phone number?"
>Fourth message (by text or whatsapp a few hours later or the next day): "hey it's Anon, meet me at [place] at [time and day within 3 days]" or "hey it's Anon, come over to mine and we'll cook [something interesting] together at [time and day etc.]"

She's a fatty like you said so she's likely to go for the second one.

>>39194190
>Did you look?
No. Don't even know if it was the same guy. I'll look at him next time and see what happens.

Thanks any way.
>>
>>39194226
Here is what helps against round back while squatting (problem: back has to round in order to get the center of mass over the middle of the food)
>high bar
>no hip drive
>shove knees out
>feet at 60-90°
>don't go deeper than you have to
>stretch soleus/improve ankle flexibility
>stretch all lower body muscles (stretch hamstrings with straight back)
>heels shoulderwidth apart
>use more weight
>no belt

If you're rounding doing deadlifts, deload
>>
>>39194238
>
>>39194236
what is my problem, what is it called
>>
>>39194249
Thanks anon. I wasnt trying to be cute tho, i could honestly care less if i let this one slip
>>
>>39194231
>>39194228
Ok thanks a lot guys
>>
I'm currently on a PPL routine and doing a lean bulk (around 3000 calories daily is my current goal).

However, for family reasons I'll only be able to hit the gym next week. Should I just eat at maintenance during this time?
>>
if I am doing a program that's 3 days a week with 1 rest day in between, does it mean work for example mon/wed/fri and then again on sunday, or wait until monday. This question seems so obvious but I gotta ask to be sure
>>
>>39194322
weigh yourself daily to find out for yourself how much your body chills down

Next, you have two options
>switch to a full body routine with sets of 5 for the 4 main barbell lifts
>kill yourself
>>
>>39194365
wait until monday is best
>>
File: 1476639950998.gif (40KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
1476639950998.gif
40KB, 350x263px
/fit/, can your metabolism be destroyed? Is "starvation mode" a thing? Can eating very little have some effect on the speed of weight loss?

I want to do one meal a day until my bday. I imagine it's okay because I'm pretty fat (5'5" ~245lb) but can any long term damage occur? I know fatness itself is damaging but if anything happened that could bring weight back on, I want to be able to lose it again. Secondly, if I kept my one meal high in protein and do body weight exercise will that help keep my body from eating away my muscle mass?
>>
Does anyone have any tips to offer about bringing the the bar back down while deadlifting without wrenching your lower back, or clipping my knee?

I've got the other part figured out, but I still feel like I'm doing this wrong.
>>
>>39194383
I've already followed a beginner focused barbell-only routine until I milked all the linear progression I could, newfriend.

I just find splits to be more fun than powerlifting. I still incorporate all the barbell compounds on my PPL so I don't know why you're that upset.
>>
>>39194415
So much in here. First, humans aren't bears, we don't store micronutrients in our fat. Make sure you take vitamins. Other than that, there has been studies where severely obese individuals have gone for a year without food.

Starvation mode is a thing, it's better called "metabolic fatigue" and isn't as big a deal as it's made out to be. You'll know you're in it when you're cold all the time. You can come out of it through a reverse diet.
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 264x191px
>>39194449
I appreciate your response VERY much anon.

What is a reverse diet? I'm done after that.
>>
So I encountered a road-rager the other day. I haven't been to the gym in a few weeks. The guy got out of his car and came up to me, and I just fucking froze. He was old and small, I'm young, lean and pretty intimidating by all counts, but I fucking froze.

I think not lifting has made my body go back into "flight" mode instead of "fight" mode. I had anxiety when I was younger, but lifting helped me get rid of it within a few months.

I don't have a question just wanted to share.
>>
>>39194465
Up your daily intake 100cals (adjusting weekly) until you start putting on actual weight.
>>
>>39194499
Cool thank you
>>
I got my girlfriend pregnant. I'm 25 and I feel like my life is over solely for the fact that she is my girlfriend.

I have gotten a ton of attention from girls recently seems like especially because of the pregnancy, and when I converse w them about sex/sexual things or about the potential of us having sex I tell them about my urge to impregnate girls and how I get to nut inside my girl all the time because she is pregnant - and these girls fucking LOVE IT. I could be slaying bitches right now if I had no moral fiber and didn't respect my girlfriend.

I've never cheated on my girlfriend, but I seriously want to get a bunch of girls pregnant. It's in my masculine nature to impregnate and plant my seed wherever it will grow.

Am I some sort of psychopath?
>>
Is there a happy medium to cutting/bulking when you're simply fat and out of shape?

I've been dieting, and working out.. Occassionally I'll see a strength boost, and I'll be able to knock out a higher rep count than before.. But, sometimes I feel weaker than ever and I can only do half of my top set.

Yesterday was a rest day, so I was eating high proteins, eggs for breakfast, PB Whole Wheat sandwhiches lunch and shit.. And, this morning I noticed some definition in my triceps for the first time, so that got me feeling pretty good. I'm assuming whatever I'm doing is working, despite the up and down progress.

I don't have a scale to actually measure my weight yet, but I'd imagine I'm pretty close to 200 now.
>>
>>39194478
No worries, it happens. If it came down to a fit, you could've probably taken him.
>>
>>39194524
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5quqMSfCRY
>>
>>39194524
>i never cheat but i want to make babies
Yes, that is exactly what psychopathy is.
>>
>>39194530
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIX-RyorgkQ
>>
>>39194536
Definitely. I just wanted to point out that not lifting actually retrained my body to go back to it's anxious state that I had before I started lifting. I think putting yourself under physical stress retrains your body to fight instead of freeze up like a little bitch.
>>
>>39194556
If he doesn't take his shirt off in a fitness video, I can't take it seriously.
>>
>qtddtot
>meanwhile a bunch of frogposters make threads that do deserve threads
>>
>>39194596
there are self-respecting newfags on this board who don't want to associate themselves with that sort of people, thank you very much.
>>
I have mandatory PT twice a week in the early morning. If I wanted to incorporate a 3-day/wk weight training workout to this, should I do it on the days which I have done PT or will this be overly stressful on my body? Does it even matter?
>>
If i don't want to do barbell rows for SL 5xy (back issues with them) can i just replace them with bb rows? Already planning on doing dips/pull ups.
>>
Hello /fit/friends,

180lb 5'9" manlet here, I am finding that contrary to what Rip etc claim, I can't recover from squats fast enough to be able to do them 2x/week, but strangely I can recover from DL in only a couple of days.

What's more, my squat workout is 3x5 at 250lbs (yep my squat is shit), but my DL is not even 1x5, but it's 3x5 also at 380lbs. I would really like to be able to squat 2x/week so I could up my squat numbers, but I can't recover quickly enough and have to put squat in my final workout day so that I can have 3 days to recover.

I also find that bench press is the hardest exercise for me to recover from. I did bench on Friday (5x5 @ 238lbs) and I am still feeling it today despite eating a moderate calorie surplus on Sat/Sun, and large amounts of post-workout glucose * brotein after my Friday bench workout. Any advice?
>>
File: ideal.png (882KB, 1044x1020px) Image search: [Google]
ideal.png
882KB, 1044x1020px
>>39191315

current routine
A
squat
bench
dead
dips*

B
squat
OHP
rows**
pull ups

AxBxAxBx... (when I can, travel 40+ weeks a year for work)

* should I be doing dips or more triceps extensions/skull crushers?

** doing bent-over now, should I switch?
>>
File: IMG_20161024_175740086.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161024_175740086.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
Why is my biceps pointy

>>39191315
Literallyany school backpack
>>
Is a 200-300€ power rack good enough as home gym equipment? I've been thinking about buying the PowerLine PPR200X Power Rack.
>>
>>39195466
That'll carry you a lot of years.

>>39195380
Just the way it is.

>>39195279
Dips
>>
im looking for piana expression/face pics anyone have any?
>>
Am I supposed to feel squats in my lower back. As the weight gets heavier, my lower back gets tighter after sets. Is my form fucked?
>>
>>39195748
Answer this pls. I have the same issue
>>
>>39195748
if you've only recently started squatting, then it can be normal. if you've been doing them for a couple weeks now though you might be arching your back too much/leaning over too far during squats

>>39195264
if you're legitimately finding it hard to recover from 3x5 250lbs squats vs 3x5 380lbs dl, then your squatting massively wrong.

also sq and dl volume interfere with each other, which is why SS and TM have lower volume dl's - since the squat volume is already high.

check your form and lower your dl volume.

>>39195240
barbell rows and bb rows are the same thing. any rowing variant works though.

>>39195196
depends on what you do during your PT sessions + how stressful

same day will likely work better however in terms of categorising stress into set days rather than drawn out throughout the week.

>>39194423
pushing knees out slightly so your boney knees aren't pointed directly forward

also the eccentric shouldn't be so difficult that you're 'wrenching your lower back' - if the concentric/lifting is clean, the eccentric/lowering shouldn't be too killer.

>>39194365
you can go again Sunday, until recovery becomes an issue, then you can take the 2 day break.

>>39194322
ye

if you're not training then theres no reason to be in a surplus
>>
I look like I lift with clothes on due to my big ribcage and arms but I lack definition without clothes on. I can see upper abs but lower is fat and I have some love handles.

5'7 175 pounds, should I bulk or just go cut and get lean as fuck?
>>
Best shoes that I can use for lifting (at home) and daily wear? I'm thinking of the Adidas Warrior 2.0
Also, salted caramel or choc caramel whey?
>>
My sleep pattern is fucked, I have one night where I'll sleep 3-6 hours, then the next night I'll sleep 8-12+
Will this be an issue with recovery lifting 3 times a week?
>>
>>39196142
Meant to say i was replacing bb rows with db rows
>>
incoming dumb question.

I've been cutting out all sugary drink and soda's, and I've been getting tired of water.

Am I fucking myself over if I add offbrand mio to my water? I just want flavor to my drinks to ween myself off sugar.
>>
Will GOMAD give me nasty shits? I weigh 88lbs right now and gotta gain
>>
>>39196474
diet coke
>>
>>39191799
>they are called fractional plates
It's amazing how expensive these things are. Is there a cheap source?
>>
File: 1475591499846.gif (4MB, 252x253px) Image search: [Google]
1475591499846.gif
4MB, 252x253px
Hip joint impingement.
Solutions? What to stretch, what to strenghten?
My hip is killing me during deadlifts. It started suddenly, 2 years into working out.
>>
I'm constantly tired no matter what. Even when I'm halfway through my workout I find myself yawning and drained. I work out at night usually but I'll go in the day if I know I'm working a night shift. I sleep 5-8hrs a day
I guess most of the time I'm not really in a good mood and I'm a pretty lonely person. A cup of coffee doesn't really do anything to me besides fast heartbeat and then feeling even more tired
I feel like this really stops me from pushing myself
What can I do so I have more energy besides pre workout (never tried it)? Or is that my best option?
>>
>>39194179
I'm not sure why you think "most" bulks and cuts last six weeks. You're saying you gain 6 lbs and then start cutting? Most people bulk up for months at the end of summer and start cutting in early spring. Where you got 6 weeks from is beyond me.
>>
Is ss really a meme?
>>
Is nerdfitness' home bodyweight program good ? I am searching for a good one
>>
I want to start working out at home. I'm 5'6 & 128lbs. I currently have no equipment but was thinking of getting some dumbbells, jump rope, and maybe a dip bar or medicine ball? But, What are some good home workouts to start building muscle?
>>
Can I workout with a cold or should I wait a few days?
>>
>>39197405
Depends. I usually take a break if I get yellow-ish snot or dont feel well overall.
If it's just a runny nose and I feel otherwise great I'll go lift.

Listen to your body. I'd rather take 1 or 2 days off for recovery instead of being forced to pause much longer because you fucked up your health.

http://www.dw.com/en/when-sports-are-bad-and-threaten-the-heart/a-16309687
>>
>3 weeks into cut
>barely lost 1kg

REEEEEE what am I doing wrong?
>>
>>39197330

What exactly is stopping you from joining a gym?

I'd get a pull up bar, a power rack, a bench, a barbell and some heavy ass weights. For cardio I like hitting the heavybag.
>>
>>39197550

considering every single piece of information you have given I come to the conclusion that your caloric deficit isn't big enough for your desired weight loss goals.
>>
>>39197550
You are miscalcuating something. Whether it be your TDEE or your caloric intake. Take another look
>>
Just did my first squat + deadlift session this morning
My deadlift is the same as my squat should I kill myself?
Why am I losing grip on one hand on my deadlift? Should I try mixed grip? Do I need gloves?
Is it normal for my back to be a bit sore and tight?
>>
>>39197669
Congrats on lifting weights. Don't worry about how much you are doing, focus primarily on form. Your grip should improve, try not to do mixed grip or use gloves.
>>
File: 145650361579783533.jpg (141KB, 817x813px) Image search: [Google]
145650361579783533.jpg
141KB, 817x813px
Hey /fit/, what do you think about having 2 days dedicated to heavy singles on the 4 big lifts for upper and lower body, and another 2 with lower weight, but 6 reps? I'm thinking MON/TUE = Heavy Singles Upper/Lower, THU/FRI = Moderate weight 6 reps. Would this be a good way to build strength? What about muscle gains?
>>
>>39191315
whats the point of bulking/cutting? is it really necessary? can't a person just maintain a body shape?
>>
Do you ever hit your balls when doing a deadlift or am i just stupid?
>>
>>39197572

Nothing really, I just would rather workout at home and not have to pay a monthly fee. Besides, there are very few gyms around me.

Also, im kinda limited on money since I go to college and all that shit you listed could get really fucking expensive. Could I just start off with say a power tower and maybe some dumbells? Im not trying to get absolutely shredded, just stay fit.
>>
Ok here is one im confused about

When counting weights I lifted which the proper protocol, the combined weight or the individial weight?

What I mean is say I shoulder press two 40lbs dumbells, is that counted that I lifted 40lbs or 80?

If I do squats, and there is say a 45lbs plate on each side is that 90lbs i squated or 45?

I am confused because I always counted it as overall weight except for dumbells so im not sure which is correct. Overall or individual?
>>
I'm confused about the body recomp on the sticky

if I had low body fat and low muscle mass before I started getting into being fit, and diet down, am I really just losing muscle mass because my body would rather lose that than fat?

I noticed some positive changes in my muscle mass up until a while ago, when I started watching my calories a bit more vigorously.

point is, should I be focused on taking in more calories to gain more muscle mass, am I taking in too much and not expending enough? I'm 127 dyel manlet mode but I have enough stuff at home to get a decent base going.
>>
File: 1476873343667.png (1MB, 1020x1366px) Image search: [Google]
1476873343667.png
1MB, 1020x1366px
Since my thread was a failure I'm posting it here:

How can I improve SS for maximum strength gains?

Rippetoe says dumbbell bench press is better for strength than barbell bench and I'm wondering if I can change and/or replace and/or add exercises in/to SS for maximum strength gains.

I don't care about inflating my lift numbers, just want to be as strong as possible.
>>
>>39197995
Dumbells use one, so you say you press 40lb
Barbells use the combined weights (don't forget the bar which is 20kg) so 90lb + barweight
>>
File: 1477182145512.jpg (26KB, 480x442px) Image search: [Google]
1477182145512.jpg
26KB, 480x442px
i'm a skinny runt of an ectomorph, what's more important:

-getting all my calories regardless of quality of the food

- or getting less calories than i should but all good quality food
>>
>>39194212
bump
>>
>>39197513
Thanks senpai

>>39198486
Calories>macros>micros and GI levels and meal timing
>>
How much sleep is enough sleep? Due to work I usually sleep 7 to 7 hours and a half. Is it enough or do I have to up it to 8 hours?
>>
So i'm an intermediate and can't do pullups. I weigh 200, barbell row is 225, but cant do more than 3 pull ups at any weight. My gym has a gravitron machine, and from unassisted all the way to 50 pounds assisted, i cant do more than 3 without my form breaking.

Does anyone have tips? Should i just do high rep sets at bitch weight on the gravitron?
>>
Has any one of you fixed rolled over shoulders? If so, how did you do it?
>>
Went to gym today for the 2nd time with a buddy who has been going there for years. He was going to show me proper form and how to use a few of the machines. We spent a good 45 minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't bend my back properly.
When we did everything from deadlifts to bent over rows and lots of stuff that I dont know the name of yet and he wanted me to keep bent legs, ass out and straight back in a certain angle. My back wouldn't cooperate. Not sure how to explain really but he said I likely have a really compressed spine and he isnt sure what I should do about it. Another guy there said stretching and try a foam roller for it. Any suggestions if you can understand my problem?
>>
why are my lifts superior to my brothers even though he is 5 kg heavier and has a lower body fat % than me?
>>
>>39199082

I'm helping a mate getting started, too. When I showed him deadlifts he couldnt keep his back straight for shit.
At our gym we got a back extension machine which he used for like 1 or 2 weeks. After that it worked quite well and he did some deadlifts in the smith machine to not leave the bar path. Now he's good to go.
>>
is 6ft 180lb fat?

asking for a friend
>>
>>39198875
It's enough for a moderate-high level of fitness. Elite athletes and bodybuilders should get 9. Also, more sleep is amazing on a cut.

>>39198883
Sounds like a form issue, watch a few form videos.

>>39199218
Strength != Hypertrophy

>>39199329
Post a pic

>>39199082
You're probably fine. Just do mobility exercises, the hip and ankle are where most people need work.
>>
Hey Fit,
Going to an event with my non-lifting buddies this weekend. I'm only planning on having a couple of drinks (4 a day for 2 days)(beer specifically as its an Oktoberfest).
How can I reduce the negative effect on gains?
>>
>>39199472
More you sleep the less you eat? or is there a more complex reason?
>>
>>39199549
carry a dumbbell in your other hand
>>
>>39199549

Shots provide best alcohol/calorie ratio my dude.
>>
>>39199549
drink water. do everything else as normal

>>39199329
do you look fat

>>39199218
strength isn't directly correlated to bw and bf.

>>39199082
you probably just have really bad kineaesthetic awareness and your friend doesn't know enough to cue you into position.

it's hard to give you cues that may help you without knowing what you're doing wrong

>>39198905
strengthen back, stretch out front.

>>39198883
better off doing negatives - although doing sets of triples on pull ups and building up isn't bad.

>>39198875
survivable. "optimal" is estimated around 8, just try catch up on the missed out sleep on days where you get a chance. i.e. if you only get 7 one day you can try get 9 the next day or have an hour nap.

again, not necessary though. you'll do fine on 7

>>39198113
>Rippetoe says dumbbell bench press is better for strength than barbell bench
i don't think you read that quote right

the point of the programme as it's set out is about getting as strong as possible already.

>>39198060
if you want to gain more weight (muscles) and you're not gaining any weight at the calories you're eating, then you're not eating enough calories.

body recomp is more about losing fat slowly while gaining muscle slowly, as opposed to classic bulk/cut

>>39197925
you have short arms/wide grip/low hanging balls

>>39197828
you can maintain if you want. but if you want to get bigger, you 'bulk'. if you want to lose weight, you 'cut'. its

>>39197669
don't worry about strength ratios just yet. learn form and start building up for a while first.

you can use mixed grip on working sets if grip is an issue. use double-overhand as much as you can first though to train it.

dont use gloves.
>>
I need a good calorie tracker app.
>>
so ive been doing 150 pushups/situps everyday for 2 weeks now i usually do 30 reps with 5 sets and ive seen pretty much 0 progress. Will it come later?
>>
File: 1476937896099.gif (941KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
1476937896099.gif
941KB, 627x502px
Anybody else notice how when girls squat they do a sort of weird hip thrust at the end? They do it like 50% of the time.
>>
>>39199798
Rippetoe calls this "the worst thing you can do" in that squat form guide video he did for Art of Manliness (see YouTube).
>>
Why is sugar bad? All carbs are broken down equally and its faster and cheaper to eat carbs in chocolate/sugar than other forms like bread/oats.
Specially if i already get enough fiber.
>>
been practicing my third world squat

I can get pretty low but how do I prevent my back from rounding when I get to the bottom?

I always fall over backwards when I try to lean back yo keep my back straight
>>
>>39191315
Do you do leg extensions? I've read they're bad cos they put too much stress on ACL
>>
>failed on 250lb DL
>felt like my grip was holding me back the most
what do?
>>
>>39199629
maybe I should keep doing it then, I'm apprehensive of eating more calories and just gaining even more body fat because I'm not expending enough.

But is it possible that the muscle I did gain (or perhaps perceived to gain) was lost because of this?
>>
>>39199922
>All carbs are broken down equally
They aren't, complex carbs take longer to break down, resulting in a slower insulin response and too many associated biochemical changes to detail here.
>>
>>39200203
Yes, complex carbs take longer to break down, but they are broken down into the same compounds.
You get the same result if you eat small amounts of sugar over longer periods of time.
>>
>>39200018
Chinups, maybe? Also, don't do any other grip exercises within a day or two of your deadlift. Those are the solutions I'm trying after failing 1x5 at 265 because of grip.
>>
>>39199922
>>39200203
Also, dietary fiber is defined as carbohydrate that isn't broken down at all.
>>
Is it bad if my squat (125 lbs) is making my knees hurt?
>>
Does anyone else's hands get super sensitive after deadlift? Only last for a few hours. But temperature and pressure sensations are increased.
>>
File: glorious.jpg (3MB, 1880x2820px) Image search: [Google]
glorious.jpg
3MB, 1880x2820px
>>39200338
Interested. afaik my squat is p much up to par with SS and Rippetoe's standards. Mine pops at like 145-155 though.
>>
>>39200308
Still doesn't answer why sugar is bad. See >>39200282
Specially if you add fiber to your diet.
>>
would adding more protein to a diet improve muscle growth, even if you're not lifting?

say we had a 180lb person, average lifestyle, no gym. currently at 100g protein a day. if they suddenly started eating 180g protein, but same overall caloric intake, would anything change?
>>
Hey guys, skinnyfat here (75kg, 178cm) should i bulk or cut? Im too shy to post picture :(

Sorry for my bad english btw
>>
What's the female equivalent of 1/2/3/4?
>>
>75 sets of Squat plus 2 sets of Deadlift per week
vs
>50 sets of Squat plus 6 sets of Deadlift per week
>>
>>39200018
Mixed grip or hook grip.
>>
>>39200425
It will only do so significantly if you're malnourished.
>>
>>39200282
Did you read the second part of the reply? The part after 'resulting'?
>>
>>39200427
Post a picture, we're men here who've seen bodies far worse than yours. Hide your face if you want.
>>
>>39200500
Did you read the second part of the reply? The part after 'You get the same result'?
>>
>>39200519
You seem dumb, but it's alright. I suggest you look into enzyme kinetics and order of reactions to understand why small doses of glucose over time is not the same as a sustained dosage of a bigger carb.
>>
I failed on my OHP of 60 lbs for the third time, (DYEL as hell) and stronglifts (edited to 3x5) told me to deload with fractional plates. Do I really need to do that? Or should I just go back to 55 lbs and keep trying?
>>
>>39200533
The enzymes responsible for breaking down the complex carbs will not be involved. That's about it.
If there's something else, you can provide some resources or a tl;dr why sugar is harmful.
Also calling me dumb does absolutely nothing for your credibility you little shit.
Either answer with actual data/resources or don't answer at all.
>>
File: xD.png (289KB, 300x489px) Image search: [Google]
xD.png
289KB, 300x489px
>>39200502
There it is, pls dont be rude
>>
>>39199705
pls reply
>>
>>39200636
clean bulk I'd suggest
>>
>>39199705
what kind of progress are you trying to achieve?
if you want to do more reps, lower the number of sets and try to go until failure every set (3 sets each at most)

But you won't see much strength or size gains with pushups and situps
>>
>>39200819
im joining infantry in march and im just trying to be able to do more. id be happy with 50

ill try that thanks
>>
File: xD.png (278KB, 267x638px) Image search: [Google]
xD.png
278KB, 267x638px
>>39200808
Yea i eat pretty much clean imo (felt for the egg lacto vegetarian meme for 10 years, im 21 now)

Heres another pic, I think is better this angle.
>>
>>39200464
pls respond
>>
>>39191315
When (cleanish) bulking, do day-to-day calories matter? What I mean is, today is my rest day, and tomorrow is going to be a lighter lifting day (arm day coming off an elbow injury). Is it bad if today is my highest calorie day of the week?
I've been unemployed for a couple weeks and finally got an interview so I've been drinking and kind of want pizza but idk if pigging out on a rest day is a good idea. Is there a difference between eating a bunch of calories on a rest day vs leg day or is more just calories-per-week rather than daily calories?
>>
>>39201017
>>39200464
Sets or reps? How the hell are you doing 75 sets of squats a week? That's like 15 fucking sets 5 days a week.
Are you a grill who's afraid to lift heavy? I'm not an expert lifter so my advice might not be the best but 75 and even 50 sets a week sounds way too high.
>>
>>39200857
pls respond
>>
Whats a good bodyweight ab routine?
>>
>>39201107
situps
>>
are squats and dl enough for leg development or do i have to do other stuff? trying to make an upper/lower split routine but dont know what to do for lower days other than squats and diddlys
>>
>>39196984
Pls
>>
File: animation step.jpg (41KB, 648x486px) Image search: [Google]
animation step.jpg
41KB, 648x486px
What are your tricks for avoiding complacency? I hit my running goal a couple months ago and intended to start lifting right after, but I just haven't found the same motivation. I have a long-term gf that I'm going to marry, school is ending soon and I have a good job lined up, I've got great friends. I'd like to be stronger, but there's no essential reason for it. How do you get yourself started again on a new fitness goal when it feels unnecessary in the beginning?

I'm aware that I need to just fucking do it, but I'm curious if you have strategies for those first 30 days or so to get the ball rolling.
>>
>>39201107
Planks. I would sometimes do sort of dynamic planks, basically planks but shift back and forth between planking on one arm

Also jackknives. Lay on your back, then pull into a V position with only your tail on the ground, bringing your face toward your knees. You can hold it at the top if you want.

And stomach vacuums. Pianoman recommends them so they most be a good idea
>>
>>39191315
Can I make 2L of Amino Energy and put it in the fridge overnight so it's nice and cool for me?
>>
>>39201525
>>39201525
>>39201525
New thread
>>
>>39199549
Drink plenty of water. Otherwise have fun.
>>
Been doing research in SARMS; was wondering if anyone had experience with them and where they got them.
>>
File: will not stand for this.jpg (22KB, 400x410px) Image search: [Google]
will not stand for this.jpg
22KB, 400x410px
>>39201528
Fuck this guy he's a retardered. Threads still 50+ posts from the bump limit
>>
So I bulked hard and gained a belly, according to a online calculator my TDEE is 2800kcal, I got 6 months to lose the belly and be somewhat ottermode
Would be okay if i go on a daily 500cal deficit and low carb?
Gonna start doing 30 mins of cardio daily, so should I do it fasted or nah?
>>
Are pull down machines ok if I can't do regular pull ups yet?
>>
Just how important is a good sleep the night after a work out?
>>
>>39201021
bumping this question I've always wondered how this worked
>>
I'm going to start biking 6 miles back.and forth to work. Anything I should know about how its gonna impact my strength training? Any bike commuters than can point to the cheapest 'quality' road bike? I just want a point a-b device while I figure out how to rebuild a tranny.
>>
have knee problems and want to do ss what do?
>>
I heard adrenaline can make you do some superhuman shit

how do I manually get that shit pumping out of my adrenal glands
>>
How do I know when I need to stop cutting?

I'm 6 feet tall, 170 lbs. Still kind of flabby, can't see abs.

Should I just keep cutting until I see abs, or will I be skeletor at that point? I'm worried that I'm going to cut down to like 150 lbs and become anorexic but not notice
>>
>>39201224
Aint nuthin to it but to do it.
Extrernal motivation never works for me so idk.
>>
>>39203473

There's no point cutting down to display muscle you don't have.
>>
>>39203331
Try screaming a lot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSxxajrTO5w
Thread posts: 254
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.