[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ask an old guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 27

File: old guy.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
old guy.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
Wife is out of town.

I am drunk.

It is time to shitpost.

Ask an old guy (42) questions about being /fit/ and old. Ask an old guy about anything.

Learn from my mistakes.

Learn from my successes.

Or just ignore me and let this thread die. Either way, I am drinking and shitposting.
>>
Your wife is cucking you right now old timer. You should just stop lifting now, you've been surpassed by me and fellow young bros
>>
How were your 20s?
>>
>>38776030
Are you me?

Do you ever go on /k/?
>>
>>38776030
whats the point of anything if were just going to die?
>>
>>38776041

that could all be true, but it is no reason to stop lifting.
>>
>>38776030
Did your dick shrink as you got older?
>>
>>38776030
List your 5 worst decisions in life
>>
>>38776042
> How were your 20s?

first half was abuot as good as they could be for a robot.

The second half was fantastic.
>>
>>38776030
Is Semen a good source of protien?
>>
>>38776043

>Are you me?

No. I am not.

> Do you ever go on /k/?
No.
>>
Does fingering your own asshole feel better with time like a fine wine?
>>
>>38776030
What's with faggots and boats and that whole subculture?
>>
How do you feel about the daily homoerotic threads on /fit/?
>>
I'm starting to lift at 40yo. Which steroids should I use? I'm not overweight or skinny.
>>
>>38776052
No, but my balls hang really fucking low. Like 6 inches. Really annoying they flop around and smack my thighs really loud if I wear boxers and basketball shorts.
>>
>>38776054

> List your 5 worst decisions in life

1) taking too long to realize that you do not grow unless you step outside your comfort zone. Cowardice made me believe that I was better off staying in my shell. I missed a lot of good times because I was a pussy.

2) doing the isolation bro-workout bullshit and never doing compound lifts until I was about 30. The gains that could have been...

3) I passed pre-selection for a special operations unit. over 40 guys tried out, and 3 of us passed. I never followed up on it. I wish I had enlisted and at least tried.

4) Not getting a dog sooner. There is a kind of perfect mature masculinity in driving a few hours to the mountains, and hiking alone with a bad ass dog.

5) posting on 4chan.
>>
>>38776105
Don't you love it when your nuts take a bath in the toilet

Fucking boxer shorts man
>>
>>38776114
>Marriage not on the list

Top kek

Thanks for the advice though brother
>>
>>38776116
I thought the more constrictive a clothing was, the worse off your sagging got?
Wasn't there scientific research done showing that bras and the like did terrible things for women?
>>
>>38776030
This is an interesting thread
>>
>>38776123

I married a good looking woman nearly ten years younger who will pull down a quarter mil this year.

I do not consider marriage a mistake in my instance, although I believe it usually is.
>>
do you think your back or joints have been compromised from lifting?
>>
Sir, what are you drinking?
>>
>>38776139
I wore boxers from the time I was 12

Switched to boxer briefs about 10+ years ago, never looked back

But my nuts are low riders now, became worse after my vasectomy

Bras stop gravity,
Make your woman wear one 24/7 unless sagging tits is your thing
>>
>>38776141
Nice find OP
>>
>>38776048
>it is no reason to stop
based
>>
Will you ever achieve your end goal? Your dream? Or did you give that up, if so, why?
>>
>>38776150

>do you think your back or joints have been compromised from lifting?

i had a bad shoulder from doing iso lifts (unbalanced muscles), but compond lifts fixed it.

DLs got rid of a lot of back pain.

running ruined my ankle.

Lesson learned: cardio is bad for you, and lifting is good for you.

>>38776160

> Sir, what are you drinking?

some vodka I won at a charity auction, and some flavored bubble water (zero carb).

You gotta learn how to drink low carb
>>
>>38776191
Thanks. Low carb drinking it is.
>>
Have you ever had an affair or thought about one? If so, why? If not, why?
>>
>>38776189

>Will you ever achieve your end goal? Your dream? Or did you give that up, if so, why?

this is actualy a great question.

always have goals.

Short term goals (500lb dl, become fluent in another langauge)

mid term goals (certain remote places I will travel to)

long term goals (become a millionaire).

I will achieve all of these. I am well on my way in each category. As a goal is completed, a new one takes its place. Always be working towards something. never sit back. You only get one chance at life. t would be the faggiest thing ever to not push hard and get what you want.
>>
>>38776213

> Have you ever had an affair or thought about one? If so, why? If not, why?

no. I work a lot, and it would be too time consuming. Also, my wife and I get along very well, and I am very happy with what we do.
>>
How the hell did you come across this place??
>>
>>38776323

>How the hell did you come across this place??

i think i somehow ended up on 4chan after being on soemthingawful

i felt at home with the robots, because it reminded me of how i used to be

and /fit/ seemed to kind of make sense. so i drop by every now and then.
>>
>>38776048
Wow you're good
>>
>>38776047
There may be an afterlife. The chance, no matter how small, makes it worth it. If there isn't an afterlife, you won't be able to regret anything anyway.
>>
What's the best way to meet new people and make friends?
>>
>>38776402

>What's the best way to meet new people and make friends?

make yourself a better person. Don't spend your free time in front of a tv. read classic lit, learn a language, travel, find a hobby. as you grow, you will meet other motivated people. you will build friendships, and get invited to cool events.
>>
>>38776048
Truly based.
>>
>>38776030
Prove you're an old guy
>>
Do you own a business or have you ever tried to start your own?

If so, any tips for a young engineer that has just graduated who cannot wait to exit the rat race and start a business?
>>
>>38776452

>Prove you're an old guy

I don't owe you a got-damn thing.

so I'm not proving anything. Deal with it.

Plus, I can rent a car and run for president.
>>
>>38776426

this right here
>>
>>38776048
Legit based.
>>
>>38776476
You could be an 18 year old neckbeard for all I know
No pics no proof you know how it is
>>
>>38776030

Help me out op. You are perfect for my question. Im 28, finished school at 26, and am stuck in a shit job. I'm paying bills but couldn't be more unfullfilled. I'm not one of those kids who got some fancy internship and a fat degree in finance with all the perks. Anyway, my question is, how old were you when you started your career aND how did you get in to it? Did it fall on your lap? Or work really hard to get it? I need some kind words or some sort of encouragement. Shit looks bleek at the moment and I'm anxious
>>
>>38776465

I am part owner of a business, but I did not start it.

I am very lucky.

A good friend of mine started his own business. It was very rough for a few years. He pulls down about 400k a year now.

This is 400k in his pocket, by the way. The business makes a lot more than that, but he has a lot of expenses.

He learned a lot of lessons the hard way.

He had to teach himself a lot of business theory. He never took any business classes. That might be a good idea.
>>
How should I deal with someone giving me shit old timer?
>>
>>38776515
Not op but explain. Different scenarios call for different answers
>>
>>38776494

>Help me out op. You are perfect for my question. Im 28, finished school at 26, and am stuck in a shit job. I'm paying bills but couldn't be more unfullfilled. I'm not one of those kids who got some fancy internship and a fat degree in finance with all the perks. Anyway, my question is, how old were you when you started your career aND how did you get in to it? Did it fall on your lap? Or work really hard to get it? I need some kind words or some sort of encouragement. Shit looks bleek at the moment and I'm anxious

Funny you say you're 28.

I was 28 when I made my big move.

I was in my career field, but not in a good place. I did my research, and realized I could make a big move. There was an oppurtunity no one really knew about, and no one every took advantage of.

The guys I worked with were too lazy/set in their ways/etc to make this move. I knew it was risky, but I knew I could recover if it went wrong. I was single, no kids, so I went for it. It worked wonderfully. my first year, I doubled my income. It has been onward and upward since then.

so, to answer your question, it was not easy. i worked very hard. it did not fall in my lap (i worked my ass of to find the oppurtunity, and that was half the battle)

anyway, yes, you can do it. Use you frustration an anxietty as motivation. This world is yours. Take it.
>>
>>38776323
You realise this website has been around for 13 years right?
>>
>>38776591
Thanks old dude. Really. Most my friends are in careers they love and I'm kind of the last one left. Luckily I make enough now to live but I hate my job and have no room to grow. Still looking for career opportunity. I gotta remind myself I'm young sometimes and how much is ahead of me. Thanks again
>>
>>38776515
>>38776583

>How should I deal with someone giving me shit old timer?

I was in my mid 20s. I was skelly mode (6 foot one, 150 lbs).

I had no self esteem.

People gave me shit all the time.

I started boxing (a big step for me, i was terrified to walk into the gym, but you do not grow unless you step outside your comfort zone).

After a while, i felt comfortable in the ring, even with bigger guys.

I was soooooo ready fro someone to give me shit. And guess what? it never happened.

It took me a while to figure out why. It was becvause I had self esteem for the first time in my life. I walked with confidence. And no one gave me shit becuase I guess there were easier targets.

Anyway, I got better at boxing and got way bigger/stronger (i'm now 205) and i have a very friendly demeanor, and no one gives me a hard time.

Also, if someone tries to get a rise out of you, they are not worth your time. ignore them and move on.
>>
>>38776616

go get yours.

make your own opportunity and take it.
>>
>>38776030
You voting for Trump?
>>
Hey OP, I'm 19 and living on my own in an apartment. I moved away because I couldn't really deal with being at home. See, my mother is an alcoholic and a drug addict. She's a criminal too, I couldn't count all the times she's stolen money from me, my little brother, my father, her parents, etc. It's so heart breaking to hear my little brother upset telling me he can't find his tooth fairy money or birthday money that's he's been saving, but I know right where it went. There's so much hatred, anger, frustration, resentment and disappointment that I feel. So many emotions it's hard to process and it makes me angry just looking at her. She said she's trying to change. She's 42 now and I feel like it's almost impossible for someone to change if they've gone through their whole life behaving like that. It becomes them and they become it. Plus, she's apologized and said she'd try harder a million other times. She is doing kind of better, but it is still shady and maybe it's just another phase.

Anyways, what I'm asking is if you have any advice in dealing with this situation. The anger and confusion really make it difficult and I don't want to do something I'll regret. I've told myself if she disappeared tomorrow I wouldn't care, but deep down even with all the bs I know I would. But it's so hard to be forgiving because I just want to lose my shit. How do I sit down and process this and come up with a way of coping or dealing with the situation?

Thanks.
>>
>>38776752

damn dude....

yeah, I moved out when I was 19. Mother was a bit crazy. but not nmearly as bad as yours. I am sorry.

I moved out, got settled, then started working and going to school. it was a long hard slog, but very worth it. Helping my little borther get through school was very rewarding.

You are going to work hard, be successful, and help your little brother. you already know what the keys to success are. do what needs to be done.

Sometimes you need to set goals and put everything you have into achiving them, and do the processing later. after you get secured and are in a place to catch your breath, you will be in a good spot to help your borther and help your mother. she is not an evil person, she just has an evil thing inside her. Once you put some distance between you and her, and have your own life, you will be the rock she needs to get better. You will also set a grand example for your brother.
>>
>>38776505
Have you learned any business lessons? Which part were you involved in? Any good pointers for a guy who want's to start a business, but is too pussy right now (college) to do it?
>>
>>38776951

quit being a pussy.

you need three things:

1) know how to run a biz (might require college)

2) a plan for a biz

3) the balls to go for it
>>
>>38776972
Thanks. But if you are op could you answer the first 2 questions? I would like to know any relevant experiences you might've had instead of the "general don't be a pussy" answer.
>>
File: crochunter.jpg (40KB, 717x298px) Image search: [Google]
crochunter.jpg
40KB, 717x298px
>>38776030

How long have you been married? Is fucking your wife still fun?

Also, how do you keep your wife from ballooning up into a hambeast?
>>
>>38776048

woah...exceptionally based...
>>
>>38776996

Yes, sorry.

As I mentioned earlier, I became part owner after the business was up and running and successul. I honestly can not offer much here.

I saved a ton of money and bought as much of the business as I could, and it was a good move.
>>
>>38776323
>How did you find out about our secret club old man
>no parents or Normie's allowed
>This is 4chin a place for serious discussion
>Muh secret club
>>
>>38777021

>have you been married? Is fucking your wife still fun?

almost 5 years now. And yes. No kids, and we have fancy sex furtniture and stuff. we are both /fit/

>Also, how do you keep your wife from ballooning up into a hambeast?

I married a woman who shares my deep disdain for fat people, and my deep love for excersize.
>>
>>38777052
It was a secret club untill reddit/tumblr happened

and it should have remained so, the culture and activities that go on here should stay behind closed doors
>>
>>38777065
I suppose you're not one for kids, then?
>>
>>38777078
where do you want to be in two years?

Doing two things half-assedly is a waste of time.

Whole-ass one thing is better.

but if you can whole-ass two things, do so.
>>
>>38777101

I am not.

I have lots of goals I want to hit.

I do not need some stupid baby getting in the way.
>>
>>38777117
Good man
>>
>>38777105
>but if you can whole-ass two things, do so.

This is /fit/ advice, buddy, I tell you what. Appreciate the contributions, OP.
>>
>>38776030
biggest mistakes?
and what have you learned from them?
>>
>>38777216

i am still drinnking, so i am not going to retype it, but i think i posted my 5 biggest regrets earlier.

does that help?
>>
>>38776030

have you juiced if so what was your cycle?
>>
what do you do for a living OP?
>>
>>38777232

i once did steriod pills for one month. it was pointless. also, i was just doing iso excersizes.

i did gomad for one month and did super heavy compound lifts. i did a short cut afterwards. Got waaaay more out of that.
>>
>>38777243

if i tell you, it will take you 3 mins of searcghing to find out who i am.

It is not a very common way to make a living.
>>
>>38777265
tell us
>>
>>38777265
awwww.
generalize for us old man, it'll be fun.
t. EMT
>>
>>38777227
number 4 hits home, having a dog is realy good for you and the kid.
what about your best decisions ?
>>
>>38777277

well, i spent a number of years doing XXXXXXXXX, and I earned a degree in XXXXXX while working there, and this enabled me to apply for a job at XXXXXXXX, which led to a better job at XXXXXXX. then I worked my ass off and got my doctorate while working there, and that enabled me to get a position at XXXXXXX as a XXXXXXX.

and now I made really good money.

I invest about a quarter of my earnings.
>>
>>38776030
What do you do/have you done when it feels like continuing what you're doing and working towards your goals gets harder?
Don't say take a break because family members tried that and it pushed me deeper into a rut.
>>
>>38777292

best decisions:

1) telling my friend to force me to talk to random girls at the bar. the deal was i had to pay him a set amount if i did not do it. this got me over my pointless fear of talking to women.

2) pursuing higher education

3) accepting the fact that i am not the smartest guy in my class/in my workplace/at my gym, and promising myself to be the hardest working instead.

4) getting a dog

5) getting a passport and using it
>>
>>38777312

>What do you do/have you done when it feels like continuing what you're doing and working towards your goals gets harder?

take a step back and reassess. realize that you are probably closer than you think. Smetimes you have a long road ahead. maybe you have a hard 2 year project to get through. just remind yourself that 2 years will come, and it might as well come with you having completed something worthwhile.

picture your life if you don't achieve your goal. now picture your life if you do. If the latter is more deisrable, keep at it.
>>
File: 1396355467271.jpg (136KB, 728x768px) Image search: [Google]
1396355467271.jpg
136KB, 728x768px
>>38777303
what fucking degree did you get you mongoloid
>>
>>38776030
I hope I'm as cool as you when I'm 42, OP.
>>
>>38777393

i am really, really sorry for giving you heresy.
>>
>>38777396

you're going to be a fucking legend by the time you're my age.

I don't know how I know that. I just know that.
>>
Awesome thread OP. One of the best I've seen on /fit/ desu. Thanks.

It sounds like you've been pretty successful in many of the areas of your life that the younger people on this board aspire to, given that you make good money, are still fit, goal oriented, and have a wife who shares your interests. Surely along the way you've come across people who did not make it, who are still spinning their wheels.

How would you, as an oldfag, define not making it and what traits do people who don't make it have in common?

If you've got feelings for a girl, when do you walk away? This board always preaches going after your goals and not really giving up, but when it comes to girls, it seems the opposite advice is offered, don't invest much effort on one, numbers game etc.
>>
>>38777332
but how do you do it?
I can't initiate conversations with girls.
What do you say?
>>
>>38776030
I'm 36. I've starting lifting, haven't lifted since my 20s. I'm doing the big compound lifts now. Are gains still attainable?
>>
>>38777435
>How would you, as an oldfag, define not making it and what traits do people who don't make it have in common?

Unsuccessful people typically have poor work ethic, and make excuses. they will often make excuses before they begin. I have a coworker who keeps me inspired and whenever i feel like complaining or making excuses I think of him. In his previous career (long ago) he was a militarty man. He was in 2 different special operations units in two different branches. So he made it through near impossible selection and training TWICE. he is successful, and never complains. That is the mentality you need.

Also, you have to judge a man by HIS definition of success. If a guy wants to be a rapper, then being a rapper is his version of success. and when he doesn't make it, I consider him a failure (until he finds a new goal and achieves it)

>If you've got feelings for a girl, when do you walk away? This board always preaches going after your goals and not really giving up, but when it comes to girls, it seems the opposite advice is offered, don't invest much effort on one, numbers game etc.

If achieving a goal depends on my actions alone, then I will achieve it.

If achieving a goal depends on someone else doing something I cannot affect, then it is a toss up. This could mean it depends on another business owner deciding to sell, or a woman deciding to give me a chance.

My rule was 2 attempts to communicate, and then I am done. So 2 unreplied texts, emails, or 2 unreturned phone calls, and I am dropping her. She is either not interested, or is one of those dipshit girls who want to play games. either way, I am not wasting my time.

when you are inexperienced with women, you give them an artificially high value. there are BILLIONS of women on this planet. do not waste the best years of your life pining after one of them.
>>
>>38777436

Just say hello. how are you doing. say it as you walk past. no need to stay and chat.

from there, I moved to making quick small talk (about the bar, the shitty music, they guy who justt got thrown out, whatever).

from there, conversations.

I also forced myself to talk to 3 people a day. 3 strangers. The person in front of me at the coffee shop. The old lady in the grocery aisle. the person walkig out of the gas station as I walked in. Just a "hi" or "hjello" or "how are you". i slowly grew things from there.
>>
>>38777473

Gains are always attainable.

ALWAYS.
>>
>>38777046
OP sorry, but that doesn't explain anything about what kind of partnership, responsibility, duties, etc.
>>
>>38777579
Thanks man. Coming from an old guy, that really makes me feel like I'm gonna make it.
>>
>>38777538
Thank you for the thoughtful replies anon. I'm not in the habit of pining over women. I've become conscious of the fact that beyond the immediate pleasures they can provide I don't really connect with them anymore, and I suspect this is a result of being burned pretty badly in the past and a tendency to drop people pretty quickly when they display shitty behavior. Obviously my question about girls, and when to next was motivated by one in particular. I've felt a real connection and put at ease in a way I hadn't felt in awhile. Due to career/life choices I am not situated to pursue a serious relationship w/ anyone at present, and because I like this girl as a person I haven't pursued the ONS route either. Because of social proximity she will remain in my life to an extent if I so wish for the foreseeable future, even when I am not physically present. I tell myself that in the future, when timing and circumstance are more suitable that I will pursue a serious relationship with her, assuming better opportunities don't present themselves. Is this a faulty line of thinking?

Sorry for blog
>>
File: seatbelt_beer.jpg (32KB, 500x504px) Image search: [Google]
seatbelt_beer.jpg
32KB, 500x504px
>>38777065
>fancy sex furtniture

What do you have? This interests me.
>>
>>38777606

sorry.

I should have been clearer.

The business is very well run.

I am a silent partner.

I don't do shit.

It is another investment to me. altough it is one of the three biggest investments of mine.

I cannot offer much advice here. I apoligize. I wish I could, bevcause I know you are going to be successful.
>>
>>38777435
>If you've got feelings for a girl, when do you walk away? This board always preaches going after your goals and not really giving up, but when it comes to girls, it seems the opposite advice is offered, don't invest much effort on one, numbers game etc.
https://markmanson.net/fuck-yes

match her level of investment in the relationship. if you're more invested in her than she is in you, she can tell, and it'll lower your status in her eyes
>>
File: 1470428904272.jpg (78KB, 677x631px) Image search: [Google]
1470428904272.jpg
78KB, 677x631px
>>38777436

>I can't initiate conversations with girls.
>What do you say?

"A-a-a-a-are you an archaeologist?"

"....No."

"I have a v-v-v-v....you too."

Then powerwalk away.
>>
>>38777674
I've been mindful of doing this
>match her level of investment in the relationship

as I know a relationship isn't possible at this point as noted here>>38777648. But I've tried to keep that option possible in the future focusing on my goals and reciprocating her interest without escalating.
>>
>>38777648

if you are not in positon to have a serious relationship, ahve practice ones.

meet women, have fun, get confident, learn how to be a man/boyfriend/lover/flirter/etc.

you dont' want to meet Dream Girl and not know what the fuck to do.

And you probably will end up with the chick you are talking about. but no need to wait for things to line up. you stand to lose too much.
>>
How do I fix anxiety, and think of good conversation in the moment.
>Eating a pastie in a taproom with friend.
>Woman walks up asks if seat is taken next to us, friend says no
>She asks if our sandwiches are good, I say yes, friend corrected her saying it's a pasty
>I want to say something more, mostly just to practice talking to women I don't know since there's no way a qt like her could like a mong like me.
>Wrack my brain for anything to say but it's blank, I get more and more anxious, and when I finally think of something to say, (very stupid"do you come here often" but something) she's already looking at her phone so the moment is past
>>
>>38776030
Have you ever fucked a 15 year old boy
>>
File: index.jpg (8KB, 188x244px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8KB, 188x244px
>>38777660
>>
>>38777661
Thanks for that last bit OP. It's fine. Your advice thus far were enough to encourage me to start that business I've wanted. One of the best threads I've had in a while.
>>
File: 1470728368532.png (107KB, 600x458px) Image search: [Google]
1470728368532.png
107KB, 600x458px
>>38777738
Thanks old timer. What you posted has roughly been my thought process. Work on myself, acquire skills and experience, stay open to new options, if it works out cool, but don't waste energy or emotions on it.
>>
>>38777743

practice.

and work on being more interesting (do not take that the wrong way)

growing as a person makes you more interesting and confident. Practice makes things less anxiety-ridden.

put the two together, and you can talk to anyone.
>>
>>38777738
>you dont' want to meet Dream Girl and not know what the fuck to do.

Damn, I had that feel this year....I keep thinking I definitely should've tried to date someone seriously before her and now I fucked it up. Or I just fell for too hard for someone who wasn't right for me anyway. Who knows which one it was.
>>
>>38777660
Amateur.

You need a bottle that you can close up tight if you get pulled over.
>>
>>38777855

> actually pulls over

> calls someone else "amateur"
>>
File: 1472889546228.jpg (17KB, 479x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472889546228.jpg
17KB, 479x480px
>>38776030
Would you a Livia?
>>
>>38777875
probably yes,
>>
>>38777795
For practice I'll try to say something to three new ppl a day, but with new people I feel like interesting us tough. With people I know I an tell who wants to hear me talk about the ARES system and how exciting it is for energy storage, but normies and grills don't want to hear that, and I'm usually the funny guy but with all the political correctness it's hard to tell what will trigger a random.
>>
>>38776114
Regarding the special forces stuff. What do you think made you pass? Was it a physical advantage over the others or a mental one(as in smarts+willpower)?
>>
>>38777909
Practice being a normie m8. Don't talk politics with strangers, or energy storage. It's easy to look down on normies and their plebeian interests, but you've got to realize that condescension is holding you back from social gains. Normies have uses. By refusing, or being unable, to discuss things outside your immediate comfort zone you will seem weird, and will likely end up being ignored.

t. guy who used to think he was smarter and more interesting than everybody else too
>>
>>38777926

probably that I trained harder for it.

of the 40, about 35 were activty duty or prior duty. I was one of 5 guys who never served.

They know how to screen people, and have a way of finding out who is highly motivated.
>>
>>38777884
She has a benis tho.
>>
>>38777935
The only other shit I know about is football (not often a grill subject) lifting (not an irl subject) and beer.
Are you suggesting I follow celebrity gossip shit to blend with normies?
>>
>>38777995
Is that really the only thing you can think of to talk about?
>>
>>38777995
No. But you don't need to direct or plan conversations either. Questions, whether asking or answering, are a great way to start conversations, be they personal or informational. And yeah, a lot of shit you will discuss will be basic as hell, movies, current events, local events, gossip etc. Learn how to talk to people casually and easily or suffer the consequences. Not every exchange needs to be an honest insight into your beliefs and personality.
>>
>>38777973

why, you detestable rapscallion!

Fuck. does this mean i am gay now?

fuck.
>>
>>38777944
Interesting.
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question OP.
>>
>>38776114
>number 5
get out
>>
how much do you wish never getting married?
>>
>>38777995
I used to have an attitude similar to yours, and some of my friends never grew out of it. They didn't make many friends, if any, in college and beyond, and most people's initial impression of them was that they were weird/annoying/condescending. I am not trying to insult you, merely warn you.
>>
>>38778013
I can't talk about my hobbies because they are too nerdy, I can't talk about sports because women don't like them, I can't talk about academic interests because it's elitist, I can't talk about politics, and I won't talk about the weather because it is already evident if there's a window nearby.
I just listed five things I can talk for hours about with Friends, how about you give me five normie subjects
>>
>>38778066
/r9k/ plz go
>>
File: 1449331729628 (2).png (739KB, 664x933px) Image search: [Google]
1449331729628 (2).png
739KB, 664x933px
>>38778029
It's ok, its a feminine one.
Everybody knows there is nothing gay about wanting to suck and get impregnated by a feminine penis.
Pic related, its her fempem.
>>
>>38778126
thank you for making me feel better abuot being a total homo.
>>
>>38778069
>how about you give me five normie subjects

No. You're entirely missing the point. Most people, especially when talking to strangers, or new acquaintances don't go in with subjects preloaded. They listen to what other people are saying and respond accordingly. Only talking about a few things, or waiting until your approved topics come up is a bad strategy and as I noted here >>38778068 will likely not end well for you. This attitude you've developed is a defense mechanism for insecurity, I've seen it plenty. Like all other things in life, progressive overload is key to strengthening this skill. Seek out and engage normie conversations, no matter how banal, no matter how fleeting. The goal should not getting them to think you are smart, which is how you currently operate, but putting them at ease and appearing normal. With enough experience it will become second nature, you will more readily intuit how people are feeling in response to what you are saying, and pleasant conversation will come easily.

Or ignore the advice I've given you, and keep walking around thinking how smart you are, and how dumb everybody else is, and thinking that is why you can't connect with them and asking yourself why you're missing out on all the fun.

it's no skin off my back either way. Good luck.
>>
OP still here? Great thread so far. If there were three books that really influenced you on your journey, which would they be?
>>
>>38778152
Clearly not homo, just a little bi.

Any advice regarding diet?
>>
>>38778187
yes, i am still here. still drinking, doing some work, and shitposting.

three books? man...

1) the carnagie book. Winning friends, influencing them fools. whatever it's called. got me fired up to work hard, and explained basic social interactions.

2) The Right Stuff. Straight ballers who were not afriad to try something new and make bold moves and make big shit happen.

3) Marcus Arielius' Meditations. Because it keeps me grounded, and shows that great men have the same issues regular people do. Also shows that problems are fleeting, and we can work though them.

honorable mention: green eggs and ham. Because dont be a pussy and try some new stuff even though it scares you.
>>
>>38776030
If you had the narrow your advices down to one what would it be?
>>
Op Im just curious about your career, its not that Im gonna switch to it but I just want to know what you do.

Here is my question, anyway. Last week I was "fired" from my job (I said fired because actually I didn't get the job, it was an internship but there was no position available beyond doing the 6 months intenship) during the last month I was there I started to develope feeling towards a grill who was also doing an intership. My problem is that she's very shy and a bit insecure, but when you get to her comfy side she's quite charming, funny and very inteligent. The thing is I dont know how the fuck to deal with shy girls, all my previous love partners have been extroverted girls and usually they took the lead (or we sort of shared it) and building a relationship was easy peasy. But with this girl I find it very hard to comunicate sometime.. any advice on how to communicate with her or having a shy qt.314 gf? I REALLY like her and don't want to give up so quickly.
>>
>>38778206

diet?

fuck, I wish I knew more about that when I was in my 20s. The gains that could have been...

I do not eat anythign processed, and I severely limit my sugar intake.

Other than that, I try to eat as much fresh veggie and fruits as i can. and get my protiens.

pretty basic.
>>
>>38778215
Oh wow, I'm 2 for 3. I love How to Make Friends and Influence People and Meditations. I'm also exactly half your age. That's a good sign, right?
>>
>>38778215
Appreciated, thanks.
>>
>>38778218

>If you had the narrow your advices down to one what would it be?

work ethic is the most important trait to have if you seek success.
>>
>>38778239
Do you believe in growth mindset?
>>
>>38778237

yes.

you will be twice as successful (at least) as me by the time you are my age.

I am honestly excited for you. The world is yours for the taking, young anon. Never stop working, and sieze everything you can.
>>
>>38778162
I don't think I'm smart at all just a hair above average I'd bet. I just don't see how talking about current events she either saw on the news or the weather is going to enamor anyone.
>>
>>38778243

i might, but i am not sure because i dont know what the fuck it is.

What is it?
>>
>>38778247
Man, this is why I keep going to /fit/. It's a real shit-heap most of the time, but there are the occasional gems. Thanks a lot, old-brah. It means more than you know, or maybe you do know. Regardless, thanks.
>>
I just turned 30 and have done absolutely nothing with my life. I just moved back in with my parents and have a clean slate. What should I do?
>>
>>38778263
Instead of a belief in innate talent, genetics, luck, environment, etcetera as the key factors of success, you believe personal growth is the key to success. People who believe hard work leads to success tend to be more successful, so adopting this belief is conducive to being successful, presumably.
>>
>>38776191
Requesting brand of said flavored bubbly water
>>
>>38778271

you should find a passion, and pursue it relentlessly.

People think the second part of that sentence is the hard part. it's not.

Finding a passion can be very hard.

But you have to step outside your comfrot zone, and really look at what is out there.

my friend was a computer enginner. total shut in. He's a fucking fireman now. I have never seen him so happy. He is one of the most outgoing guys I know now.

You might have to look hard and long, but when you find your goal, stop at nothing.

Harrison ford was older than you when he first acted in a movie.

You're only 30. The avergae life expectancy is almost 70. do not give up yet.
>>
>>38778257
Its not about enamoring. Your personality will come out naturally,and thats good, but in short conversations with strangers, the goal should be making a good impression. How to do that? Put them at ease. Figure out what that means and you'll be golden. Most people, and especially women, do not base their impressions of you off the subject matter of your first conversation. Were you confident, friendly, funny, engaging, thoughtful etc? These are the kinds of things they will base their impressions and opinions off of.
>>
>>38778284
ah, I see. Thank you, anon.

I think genetics helps, becuase someone might be genticly predisposed to having super rich parents.

But it is not the top grauates from law school who become rich attorneys. it is the middle of the class guys who have lofty ambitions and balls to open thier own firms.
>>
>>38778294

my friend, that is the pure genius of the whole thing.

IT IS THE STORE BRAND!

oh, the bargains!
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
I wish /fit/ has less shit posting and more threads like this. This is one of the best threads in a while

t. 20 year old fetus anon
>>
I'm a senior in college right now and I've never kissed a girl. I have guy and girl friends but Im not good at getting women. I'm a very calculating person and it makes me very hesitant and reserved around women I'm attracted to because I don't wanna fuck up so I come off as just quiet and boring. I know the interactions are insignificant in the long term and being yourself is the best intention but it's just really difficult for me to just let go of all my exaggerated hangups and insecurity. For example, I find myself (as a senior) feeling nervous around this cute-ish freshman and even at bars, I just find myself exploring the large space and attaching myself to my friends/phone rather than getting my feet wet and putting myself out there. What do?
>>
>>38778334

thank you.

I am glad someone likes my thread, and I hope it helps.

I want all my anons to be successful and happy. Even the one who made me gay by tricking me into looking at the pic of the girl with the benis.
>>
>>38776030
you are not old, you are just closing on middle age.

You Americans like to make yourself older don't you?
>>
>>38778346
Related to kissless anon here, what do you think on the incels?
>>
File: 1464829822083.jpg (143KB, 1080x791px) Image search: [Google]
1464829822083.jpg
143KB, 1080x791px
>>38778353
>girl
>>
>>38778162

different anon. I've had some success asking questions about what people are talking about, but that has its limits. What are some other ways of initiating or keeping conversation going?

Been introverted all my life. Feel being stuck in my own head running over circular thoughts has really starved my brain in a way. I like listening to people, but struggle to get out of my mental shell to connect with them much. Used to talk so little a coworker at an old job convinced a new employee I'd lost my tongue in a horrible accident.
>>
>>38778346
Realize that the expression of your desires and what it is you should be doing is being stifled by *your* perception of other people's *possible* reactions. This is several layers of intangibility, and it directly infringes on the straightest path to fulfillment: doing what the fuck you wanna do.

Basically, think about your social "body" like your physical body. You are the emotional equivalent of skinny-fat. Not obese, but you're wasting your potential, you know it, and it's making you skittish. Just start taking baby steps and slowly build volume. Getting better at literally anything can be related back to lifting weights and getting jacked. Just get social jacked.
>>
File: 1430860579706.jpg (118KB, 586x436px) Image search: [Google]
1430860579706.jpg
118KB, 586x436px
>>38778223
pls respond
>>
>>38778346

hello, I am OP.

And you are me 20-some years ago.

Confidence grows like a snowball, and it sounds like you need some. You also need more exposure to simply chatting with people.

COnfidence comes as you grow as a person. i think you might need to look at becoming more well rounded, growing as a person, finding holes in your self and filling them. for me, it was fitness, literature, and travel. i became a more interesting person. also, i got my friend to force me to talk to random girls, which helped.
>>
>>38776048
based dinosaur
>>
>>38778378

sorry anon.

i have been thinking about your question for a while.

you want to:

1) get a date with shy anonnette

and

2) know how to deal with having a shy GF

am I correct?
>>
>>38778371

Read what OP said here. >>38778383
As for being locked in your head, try and practice active listening, it will force you to put mental effort into what people are really saying as opposed to trying to craft the perfect response and ultimately missing the moment.
>>
>>38778406
Yes. I want her to open up with me. She's very shy/quite but I know that with the right "motivation" she can open up and be very funny, charming and inteligent. Thats why I like her a lot and started to fall for her.

tl:dr

I like shy girl but she has problems opening up with me and ends up isolating from everyone. wat do?
>>
>>38778376
So essentially, stop worrying about others and say what you want?

>>38778383
both you and the other person I replied to are basically saying just to try harder and eventually it'll come easy?
>>
>>38776030
23 year old nurse who just got laid off. Gonna go pursue my true non-dreams now. Thanks OP.
>>
>>38778463
Non-nurse dreams*
>>
>>38778441

that is a toughy.

I have not had to deal with that.

I want to help you, anon, but I might not be able to.

What is she interested in? Is there a way to go on a low-key/low-stress date where you do stuff she is into and there aren't many people around? science museum during a not-busy time?
>>
>>38778458
I'm the first dude.

Basically, yeah. I'm assuming you're a decent guy, because you care enough to want to improve. So, just ensure you're the highest-quality man you can be, and act in confidence that you're doing what's right, because it's what you, a high-quality man, want to do. The right people will then come to you, and vice versa.
>>
>>38778296
I have a problem with finding a passion. I'm 29, have a good job and friends, fit, own most of the things I want. Women not a problem. I just don't have a passion about anything, I'm content but really lack anything that drives me in that way. I've tried to find it but have had zero success.
>>
>>38778463

the world is yours, young anon.

What are your dreams?
>>
>>38776228
Thank you. I greatly appreciate your reply. I'm a young Buck still im my diapers(20). Yolo I guess.
>>
>>38778482

passion is the hardest thing to obtain.

Sometimes you have to extend your seacrh well outside your comfort zone to find it.
>>
>>38778473
I know is a toughy, its the first time Im dealing with someone like this too. I know she likes animals a lot, specially dogs. She likes movies and a is a huge Tarantino fan. Also likes the stars and space stuff, specially Jupiters moon's.
>>
>>38778526

find the nearest science/space museuam, look online to see when they are slowest, and make it happen.
>>
>>38778526
Io

Volcano moon is best moon.
>>
>>38776048
Based god
>>
>>38778487
Been doing a bits of volunteer work since I was 14, knocking on doors, feeding hungry people. I have a chance to do it full time, and a chance to get free school related to it. Been too terrified of disappointing people. Seriously the fear of letting parents and friends down is petrifying
>>
>>38778573

>free school

> chance to chase dreams

> still an RN, so can easily get good paying work if things dont work out

yeah, fucking go for it, anon!
>>
>>38776048
Based fossil
>>
>>38778500
How do I extend it? I mean I'm out there trying new stuff but even things I really like I think I would end up unhappy if I tried too manufacture a passion out of it.
>>
>>38778552
>>38778558
Thanks m80s, guess I'll just have to deal with it the best I can. Wish me luck brehs.
>>
>>38778646

read, travel, explore, open your mind up to all possibilites.

My buddy (the former computer enfineer) went out to buy a pizza. Just happened to see a guy driving a fire engine. he saw the look on the guy's face, and realized the guy looked really happy. he wondered why he never felt happy at work. and by the time he got back home with the pizza, he knew he wanted to be a fireman.

I hope you are able to find your passion as he did.
>>
File: 1473374419728-2.jpg (310KB, 950x1267px) Image search: [Google]
1473374419728-2.jpg
310KB, 950x1267px
>>38776365

/r9k/ here. You don't belong with us you normie. I seriously swear to god I'm sick of you f**king newfags shitting up 4chan.

FYI, should've went on the roids. Good luck never achieving the only thing that matters. Which is ascending humanity.
>>
>>38778724
Fuck off you bitter loser, oldbro is being based. Besides, you'd need a lot more than steroids to fix you.
>>
>>38778724
It's nice being a normie here though. I'm social, get girls, and good looking. Not a chad but I might be considered one by the shittiest ones of you people.
>>
>>38778724

I am sorry you are mad.

But there is nothing you can do to stop me.

I think I will post on r9k next.

I hope this does not upset you.
>>
>>38778724
Thats one of the grills from tazangels, right?

http://i.4cdn.org/gif/1474352339820.webm
>>
hey thank you for taking the time to respond to us!

what are your thoughts on taking LSD? I hear it messes up some chromosomes, but it also offers an enlightening experience
>>
>>38777265
G4P?
>>
Have you seen any of Studio Ghibli's movies? If not, you should.
>>
File: 1473902965631.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1473902965631.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>38778759

Nobody wants to touch cancer. You masterful shill cucks *(That 99% of normie culture endorses) keep on trying to speak the good word to us.

We are already successful, we don't want to touch you just the same as we don't wanna touch the worthless sluts that exist in the year 2016.

We will. In the next five years retake 4chan and when people like you get perma banned back to the real world where you will be miserable. Hey. I won't be missing you. And neither will the rest of 4chan.
>>
>>38778807
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>38778797

i never tried LSD, so i cannot speak to its benefits or downsides.

i am sorry i cannot help you, anon. But i sincerley want you to suceed at atttainig your dreams, no matter what they are (unless they're shitty dreams, like blowing houses up or something)
>>
>>38778807
k
>>
>>38778821
thanks man, I plan on becoming an accountant and enjoy a comfy desk job so you don't need to worry lol
>>
>>38777538
How's this relic so based ?
>>
>>38778724
>>38778807
Shut the fuck up dude, this is one of the most interesting threads on /fit/ right now.

>>38778215
>carnagie
>of all things
Pls no, it's one of the most useless books ever known to man
"Here's the thing: people like to feel important and at the centre of the attention. It's more important to listen and to take note of their needs rather than presenting yours requests unilaterally. Have a bunch of anecdotes too"
Bam!, that's it. Saved you a book.

>>38776141
>wife is ~33 or something
are you sure she ain't going to ask you a baby in ~5 years? women's biological clock is a thing

>>38777117
>stupid baby
well that's sad, parenting is usually the best success you can get in life, or so I've been told (and kinda witnessed)

t. 30+
>>
>>38777117

>doesn't want kids
>comes on 4chan to impart wisdom

Just give in to your nesting instinct already
>>
>>38778851
I've taken LSD heaps. I would not view it is a hallucinogen like mushrooms that will promote psychological change. For me I always spend the night laughing my arse off and watching the walls breath. More of a party drug with "trippy" aspects to it
>>
>>38778243
Go away Microsoft
>>
>>38776048
Based geriatric knows his shit.
>>
>>38776996
anon, youre asking advice from someone who did not star their own business.

If you want advice from someone who has a better forum is the millionairefastlane forums.

They are filled with people starting progress threads on their success and failures.
>>
File: pain & gain guru.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pain & gain guru.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>38779194
>4chan-alike forum for a self help book written by a guru-who-doesn't-want-to-be-called-guru

you fucking meathead.
>>
>>38778284
Someone here read grit.
>>
Did you post on usenet in its heyday? Fidonet? BBSes?

What do you think of retrowave/synthwave? Perturbator? Carpenter Brut?

Do you prefer 80s anime to moeshit?

How do I get an 80s bod without cocaine? Like the aerobics girls with the high waisted leotards and big hair

Were people just that much sweatier in the 80s or was it the lack of photoshop?
>>
What are your lifts? S/B/D
>>
>>38776048
Holy fuck
>>
>>38776365
>i think i somehow ended up on 4chan after being on soemthingawful
Fellow goon here.

what the fuck happened to that shithole? seriously what the fuck. were we in on the groundfloor of a cult? jesus christ.
>>
Greetings based op,

I'm currently finishing my degree in Accounting, how fucked am I given that I have no work experience in this field?

I study at night and work during the day, sold pianos, temp work, modelling, now I'm gardening/f&b/conducting workshops for these last few months of uni.

My results are excellent, all distinction n high distinctions so far.

I just feel that when I start work I'll be blindside due to no relevant experience, and have to be stuck in a "bad" place.

I like being outdoors, and I fear I'll be stuck in a cubicle earning average pay which I think is not worth it. Or am I wrong?
>>
Guess we really do have an oldfag here, eh?
Say OP, if you could give your 20 year old self one piece of advice, what would it be?
What piece of advice would you give all people at 20 years of age?
>>
File: absolutelyhalal.jpg (72KB, 640x539px) Image search: [Google]
absolutelyhalal.jpg
72KB, 640x539px
>>38776048
UNBREAKABLE
>>
>>38776141
What does she do for work?
>>
>>38779780
Not OP, but I'll bite.

I'm an accountant. You're going to find it pretty challenging finding work. How much time do you have left?

To be honest, it's degree and experience that the firms look for (part time experience whilst doing a degree is preferred). Most places look for credit average.

Hell, I'm not even in an accounting firm (I work in government), and one of the best things I did was volunteer for accounting/admin work in NFP's. They're always looking for a spare set of hands, and it goes to show employers that, even if you don't have paid work in the field, you can go out there and get involved in unpaid work.
>>
>>38776972
maybe you really are old.
nowadays, you also need
4) the money to open a biz
taxes have gone way up, rent and other expenses aren't cheap either, banks don't extend much credit anymore, and people keep paying at 30-60-90-whatever days.
without liquidity there's a very real risk of having balanced debts and credits, but go bankrupt anyway.
>>
>>38778926
>are you sure she ain't going to ask you a baby in ~5 years? women's biological clock is a thing
he got a vasectomy, so he'll be all 'yeah baby come here and let's get to work'.
>>
>>38776030
you ever worry about dying?

im young but the idea of death is on my mind constantly
>>
>>38780097
Not the anon you replied to, but I'll have about 3-4 years GL experience once I finish my degree. How would you rate my post-grad prospects if I also sat for my CPA?
>>
>>38780220
Far better than someone who came out of his degree with limited experience.

I'm assuming your CPA is american, right? I did oen unit for the Australian equivalent (CA), and changed after 1 unit. It just killed me, even though I passed. I'm currently doing a similar qualification, which is far easier to manage and also called CPA (CA and CPA are pretty much the same in Aus).

If you also sat for your CPA you'd be in a better position for jobs; firms charge a higher rate for accredited accountants. Just make sure you got the experience to back it up.
>>
>>38778225
Mr Reedus is that you?
>>
>>38780097
3 months. Do results matter? What's stopping me from committing to A desk job and I'll have less study time thereby forgoing my current streak of distinctions
>>
>>38780324
Results matter, but that depends on the org.

Mostly, they're looking for well rounded people who can juggle study and work/other activities whilst still achieving in these areas.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3000x2026px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3000x2026px
>>38778558
>implying Ganymede isn't top tier
>>
>>38780521
Literally Jupiter's fuccboi, like his "cup bearer" and shit. More like Gaymead amirite?
>>
how strong are your wizard powers

how much do you deadlift

do you still care about abs
>>
File: stud.gif (1MB, 300x254px) Image search: [Google]
stud.gif
1MB, 300x254px
>>38776048
Based senior citizen
>>
>>38776030
how do i get over my first girlfriend
>>
>>38776030
>Ask an old guy (42)
WTF! 42 is old? Then I must have half a leg in the grave.
>>
>>38781024

The real question is: what bad decisions did you make in your life to be going through a midlife crisis on 4chan?
>>
>>38781032
>through a midlife crisis on 4chan?
I been on 4chan for a LONG time...
You stupid kids make me laugh... you are so fucking insecure about everything.
My advice.... FUCKING DO IT...ANYTHING!! but get the fuck off the computer and live.
There is ZERO reason to watch TV more than 1/2 hour a day... ZERO.
EVERY day is gym day... get out and do an hour or exercise a day. Max 2 hour of computer a day... MAX. Get out there and live.
>>
>>38776630
Any hope for boxing for a guy with glasses?
>>
i have 0 circle of freinds and i live in small city. How can i get GF?
>>
>>38776048
Based gramps
>>
>>38781080
Yeah mate, shit tonnes of boxers wear glasses in every day life. Unless you can't see your oppponent clearly from a foot away, in which case get laser surgery or find a new hobby
>>
>>38781160
They're pretty darn thick though man
Shit's like a 4.5 and a 5.75
>feels bad
>>
>>38776048
My hero. I love you based grandad.
>>
File: 1472825186735.jpg (75KB, 750x732px) Image search: [Google]
1472825186735.jpg
75KB, 750x732px
Should I have kids? I'm currently 23 and I feel like I will never want kids.
>>
Any advice for a 15 year old
(asking for my cousin who's going through a rough time)
>>
File: 1427131040126.jpg (8KB, 301x265px) Image search: [Google]
1427131040126.jpg
8KB, 301x265px
>>38776048
>>
>>38776048
Someone screenshot this
>>
>>38781080
not OP but I train with a guy that his the right wing of my master, dude's 36 and looks 24. He wears glasses and he just dodges everything and is really fast

so if you cant do that, wear contact lenses like myself.
I never use glasses when doing sports or any kind of physical activity, they just suck for it
>>
>>38779489
What DID happen to that place? I never was there.
>>
>>38776650
Nope. Gary Johnson.
>>
>>38781903
Not OP, but you shouldn't reveal that you're underage on her or you'll get permabanned.
>>
>>38782251
>implying
Get some reading comprehension
>>
>>38776752
>caring about someone
hah hah
Just get cold inside.
>>
gone
>>
>>38776030
what do you listen to
if it's dadrock I wont judge
>>
>>38782033
It was ground zero for the modern social justice wave and "callout culture"
>>
>>38784790
>what do you listen to
if it's dadrock I wont judge

I only listen to 80s and early/mid 90s hardcore.

Not sure why, I guess it comforts me at this point.

Once, when I was a skelly loser (150 lbs, 6 feet tall, and working a shitty food service job), I heard a Madball song that hit me hard, and fired me up. I still listen to it when I need to get motivated.
>>
>>38782124

Hello other old timer.

The state I live in is going blue no matter what.

I do not like either candidate.

GJ has not chance of winning... BUT if a third party has a good showing, we might have more options next time around.

So I am with you, fellow old-anon. Simply because it might help to chip away at the 2 party nonsense.
>>
>>38781101

>i have 0 circle of freinds and i live in small city. How can i get GF?

I was in your shoes once. Small down, nothing to do.

I had nothing tying me down, so I moved to the nearest city. Not a huge city, but more going on there. But I didn't get many firends until I got brave and tired new things.
>>
>>38785544
How do I get through university classes? I feel they're so worthless and I'd much rather spend my time getting more fit and bettering myself mentally, physically and emotionally.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
I am not OP but advice to all the kiseless virgins and other insecure or damaged faggs.

You just have to do one thing: not giving a single fuck.

Just imagine twenty years from now on, that girl you asked out, that thing you did, all that will be irrelevant.

You have to realise that our time on this Earth is limited.

I changed my life mindset ever I saw that one post about biggest life fears-" Being dissapointed at your life on deathbed".

I literally did 180 in my life because of that post on fucking 4chan. Once you realise that you are meaningless, useless you will stop being insecure. Just remember, don't give a single fuck, because 100 years from now you will be 7 feet under and God knows what comes after that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdBoybKnzZw
>>
>>38776030
What do you think about the ordeal of dying?
This is a rather gloomy topic to ask about, but I'm really curious to see what an older person thinks about death since it'll most likely reflect what that person thinks about life.
>>
>>38785745

>What do you think about the ordeal of dying?

it is going to happen.

worrying about it only serves to dampen my experiences here.

i am very lucky.

most eggs and sperm cells never become living things. I am one of the lucky ones. I have to live life to the fullest.

I want to do/say something legendary at the time of my death. Still figuring it out. I think Oscar Wilde's last words were "either that wallpaper goes, or I do". Something that will make people talk, you know?
>>
File: 1470757756412.jpg (75KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470757756412.jpg
75KB, 720x720px
Just stumbled upon this thread and im glad /fit still produces some good threads.

As far as i can see from your posts OP i can tell youve created alot of sucess in both your love life and in bissness.

As for me i am 22 yrs old, just finished school in media and films (something i am very passioned about) already find a good job after the final exams and the only thing i need to do is my diploma work. Ive also started working out 2 years ago with alot of dedication and goten myself some decent gains. Ive also started to socialise more, but that department of my life is still pretty much bigger tier. Ive meet new friends and managed to get with a friemd and go out atleast once a week. Im still having problem in approaching girls and not actually initiating any physical contact with any of them. Im getting better at this as i more i practice this social things, but these things take alot of time away from my work and my studies aswell. And sometimes i dont know what is more important to me to pursue at my age. I love what i do and i want to be the best at it, but at the same time i dont want to miss out on my last change to find me a conservative qtgf

Im wondering, how did you managed to balance work and social life? Also anytips on getting rid of leisure time out of every day shedule?
tl;dr How to balance work and love life?
>>
>>38785670

>How do I get through university classes? I feel they're so worthless and I'd much rather spend my time getting more fit and bettering myself mentally, physically and emotionally.

why, you filthy little cock gobbler...

you are also me 20 years ago.

I worked hard, got into college, and....

got kicked out because my grades sucked.

Then I got /fit/, traveled, grew as a person, matured, and went back to college and got great grades.

I was a late bloomer. Maybe you are, too.

You family wants to you to study hard and do well, but what if you aren't ready for that yet?

What if you took a year off to travel or some shit? what if you spent a year building water systems in some 3rd world shithole and made some people's lives better, and then returned to college? can you imagine how that would look on a resume? and plus, it's a fucking panty-dropper.

There is no federal law stating that you have to take the same path everyone else takes, anon.
>>
>>38781600
I'm 23 with a son. It's pretty fun, kind of opens a new capacity for happiness in your brain you didn't know was there. I make sub 35k usd but still support the three of us and still go do fun stuff all the time
>>
>>38785967

my man. you don';t realize it, but you are on your way to success.

yes, the great question. the work hard/fun hard balance.

fact: sometimes you do not get to enjoy the same liesure time your friends do. This is the price of hard work and success. But never forget that the payoff on the back end is worth it (you will miss the party tomorrow at steve's house, but you WILL be at the party in 2 years on the island of Mikinos, and fuck some super hot Ukrainian chick).

That said, you do need time to relax and catch your breath. Peronsally, i use the self-reward method. Sure, I can play ideo games for 30 minutes, but only after I have handled XXX.

I have missed a lot of leisure time in the past, but I have made up for it. I work hard so I can enjoy awesome things.

Anyway, you asked:
> How to balance work and love life?

The ahrder you work, the better your love life will be. When you reach a new level of success, you reach a new level of social equals. And the women in your new group are better than the women one tier below.

I would reccomened contiunuing to work hard. I LOVE the fact that you said "i love what i do and i want to be the best at it". This pretty much locks in the fact that you will be successful. never lose this attitude. But you also need to realize that high quality women typically find ambition and work ethic to be very attractive. use this to your advantage.

i don't know if this helps. please tell me if it does not.
>>
>>38786054

fuck yes, Anon.

Guys, please understand what I said earlier: you judge a man by HIS definition of success, not yours.

This Anon wants to have kids, and he did so. I tip my hat to him.

I do not want kids. I have no kids. This does not mean I reccomend that you not have kids.

Many of you are going to be fantastic fathers. Please do not waste that potential.
>>
im anon from >>38785967
forgot to ask if you had any advice on bad back..
Do you know how to fix aching lower back. Mein started to hurt when i was doing pr with dl's but stoped after a week to rest it off. It got better and bad again when i did dl's. Stoped doing deadlifts for a while now and now for some reason the pain came back in my back dispite not deadlifitning but now its a bit worse than before. Your thoughts?
>>
File: 6020783.jpg (56KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
6020783.jpg
56KB, 300x360px
>>38786110
Gonna get my life together for you and me OP
>>
>>38776030
Better roid young or wait late 20s/30s?
>>
>>38776048
I wasn't going to hit the gym today, but I think you just changed my mind
>>
>>38786083
Thanks for the answer man! defenetly reassured my way of thinking things.

>Peronsally, i use the self-reward method. Sure, I can play ideo games for 30 minutes, but only after I have handled XXX.

i used to do that too, but i unfortunately dropped this method becouse a year ago i was working on a project at my college soo hard and never took any bigger breaks inbetween and kind off set myself on a mental burn. Still recovering from that, but will remember to implement that method again asap.

>The ahrder you work, the better your love life will be. When you reach a new level of success, you reach a new level of social equals. And the women in your new group are better than the women one tier below.

Ive been looking for such women but i found that a) they already have someone and b) super rare anywhere i look. The problem is i really dont know what kind of places can i find gf like that? Where do these women gather and how can i meet them up?
Still can you atleast give me like ration on how much time should i split between one aspect of to another?

Other than that, thanks for the great posts oldanon! :)
>>
>>38786127

my friend, this is well above my knowledge base.

do you have decent insurance? I hurt my back DLing once. I talked to a guy who knew how to DL (a coach who works with NFL, MLB and UFC althletes) and he fixed my form. Then I saw a chiro (a sports med one, not a healing crystals one). Now I do DLs properly and dont hurt my back.
>>
>>38786349

>b) super rare anywhere i look

yeah my man. I had this problem as well. but "rare" does not mean "absent". You are in the process of turning yourself into a high value male (i hate that term, since PUAs use it, but it fits). When that rare high value male meets that rare single woman, great things happen.

Finding places where rad women hang out is difficult. In my 30s, it was easy: go to the upscale wine bar (shooting fish in a barrel, my man). At your age, it is not a easy, as the women have not stratified yet. Are there clubs on campus? What kind of interests would an ambitious woman have?
>>
>>38786166

if you do it, research the fuck out of it and do it right. I am not a good resource for steriod use, though.

It would suck to make awesome gains, and then lose them because you lack discipline and don't eat well and work out enough.
>>
>>38776030
What are the top 5 man cars?
>>
>>38784803
Are you fucking serious? Gimme some more to go on here.
>>
>>38786511

>What are the top 5 man cars?

fuck if I know.

A car gets you from point A to point B

Some people get really worked up about what kind of car you have. I would rather have a safe, clean, reliable car than something expensive to show off. I don't care abuot impressing people. I would rather save the money and invest it. The money will do me more good when it is spent on a nice trip oberseas than when it is spent on an attempt to impress strangers.
>>
>>38779480

>What are your lifts? S/B/D

405 SQ
Bench is weak. I hit 295 about 4 years ago, but could probably only get 250 now (that is with the bar touching the chest, pausing, then pressing).

I am usually around 440-450 max DL. I pulled 410 for a double a coupe of weeks ago, and I pulled 385 for 5 the other day.

right now focusing on my 2 mile time. In the mid 13:30s now. I am hoping to get a sub-13:30 this month. Sub 12 is my goal.
>>
File: chen roid rage.gif (189KB, 209x193px) Image search: [Google]
chen roid rage.gif
189KB, 209x193px
>>38785982
>mfw the exact same thing happened to me
I just dropped out after trying hard for two years in uni and getting only one Higher Math cert with the WORST POSSIBLE GRADE out of it.

But instead of traveling, I'm going out to do 7 months of army conscription service in January. Panzergrenadier or armored scouts.

I was planning on going back to uni in the winter semester of 2017 after I finish my service. I'm wondering if I should extend that service now after reading that, or do something else with the money I save up from it.
>>
>>38786650
That a super solid two mile for your age, you're in great health.

Kinda a superficial question: What were the artibutes you felt made you most physically attractive?
>>
>>38786650
How do you look? How hard is it for you to remain lean now?
>>
>>38776048
Thanks for the motivation, based old timer
Will remember this every day I have doubts about lifting
>>
>>38786704
>>38785982
Got anything for me to say oldbro?
>>
>>38786738

>How do you look?

Like a fucking champ, son. I am stronger than 99% of guys my age (well, maybe 97%), and my BF is still below 18%, which is good enough for me. I still like tight Ts. They make me look buff.

>How hard is it for you to remain lean now?

Much harder than before, but not impossible.

I leanred long ago that it takes 27 days to make soemthing a habit. So I just need to stay disciplined for 27 days, and I am good to go. I used this trick to lock in my diet. Eating healthy is a lifestyle for me now.

Alos, I fucking love facebook. I do not have an account, but I found that I can still cyberstalk people through FB. Everyone I went to school with looks like shit compared to me.

Especially you, Lauren. With you giant fat ass and your three kids by 2 different men. That's what you get for turning me down and getting your friends to laugh at me in 11th grade (not really, but it does kinda feel good).
>>
42's not even that old... Well for 4Chan, but irl not really.
>>
>>38787073

hello anon.

I am sorry, but I am not sure what you are asking.

I am probably missing something obvious. Can you please dumb it down for me?
>>
>>38787351

don't you go bringing logic and reason into my thread, you little fucker.
>>
>>38787337
>Alos, I fucking love facebook. I do not have an account, but I found that I can still cyberstalk people through FB. Everyone I went to school with looks like shit compared to me.

>Especially you, Lauren. With you giant fat ass and your three kids by 2 different men. That's what you get for turning me down and getting your friends to laugh at me in 11th grade (not really, but it does kinda feel good).

Why do you waste your time cyberstalking people, man. It's toxic even if it makes you feel good temporarily.
>>
>>38787463

you are correct.

it is a short-term thrill.

When I stop to think about it, I have no ill will towards anyone I know. Even poeple who wronged me in the past.

sometimes I slip, and need a cheap reason to give myself a boost. I am human.

But I am proud to be fitter than the vast majority of my contemporaries. I see nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>38786429
>What kind of interests would an ambitious woman have?
Shit this is a though one... uh mostly upheld traditional values like family oriented, hardworking, not a whore (dunno why but this is a big one for me for me, 1 is to many), not crazy(tho i could tolerate that in some cases), she likes me and the things i do, share the same moral principals with me, not fat, the kind that i could make her laugh with my stupid jokes, can cook, the kind that would help with achieving my goals (would help her back) idk.. just the usual what every well adjusted man would want from a life partner.

also maybe liking cats or internet culture would be something specific i would like from her.
>>
OK, I have to go back to old-guy work.

I will leave two pieces of advice.

1) Work ethic is the only thing that will let you best a smarter/more talented classmate/coworker/opponent

2) if you're not /fit/, you're not shit. And the only way to get /fit/ is by (a) consistency and (b) intensity.
>>
File: crazy koishi.jpg (45KB, 392x298px) Image search: [Google]
crazy koishi.jpg
45KB, 392x298px
>>38787358
I dunno. I guess I'm still pretty shattered that I dropped out. I wanna be an engineer so fucking bad, but the math kills me. Well, used to kill me. I failed all my classes in the first semester, spent most of the second semester cooped up in my room moping to myself how bad I failed, tried as hard as I could to patch up my deficiencies in the third and failed to achieve anything in the fourth, after which they booted me.

I just want to be an engineer. I'm not even that bad at math anymore after investing so much crunch time into it. But now I doubt if going back to uni next year is the right thing.

I know you can't give me a surefire answer. But I wish someone could.
>>
>>38787606

Why do you want to be an engineer? Give me three reasons.

I bet you can find something else that hits those three reasons as well. But it will be a path rarely taken. Hint: those are often the best paths to take.
>>
>>38776030
This will come across as flippant but I ask seriously.

Why didn'the you kill yourself? What is your point to living?
>>
>>38786350
a sports kiro? will defenetly try that

thanks

adding more to my answer post here >>38787529

one thing i would add that i just have moved to a new city with a place of my own so i dont go back to my uni, just finishing my diploma work from home while working. Ironically while i was waiting for your answer i was talking to chick over fb i met at a party back from uni and we arranged for date over some drinks. The only problem with her is that she is quite the pot smoker and i also suspect she might be a slut. Tho might i am not sure. Anyway i am still not sure if she is worth the time i could put into my projects or studies? Or should i just keep focus on my diploma right now and get that finished first and then go head into socializing again? I would try churches as an alternative but, those seem either too religious or the ones that go to them just to repent for the sins they collected through the week.

i feel like im literally asking alot, but i think all of these charismatics i want from women are obtainable by them and not something that theyre born with. Aka im not asking for girl with minaj bottom or massive titts or whatever she is blond or brunnete... just maybe not hard to look at.
>>
>>38787641
You ever read the Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck? Remember Gyro Gearloose? I want to be an inventor. I want to build machines, cool ones, stuff that helps people. I LOVE machines. I want to be the guy people turn to when they need a problem solved. Mechanically, you know, when they need a better plane or a tank or something. I love the analytical approach they take, but also how much it's based on building something, trying it out and seeing if it works or not. I like doing stuff with my hands too, if that matters.
>>
>>38776048
Thank you master
>>
>>38787701
>she is quite the pot smoker and i also suspect she might be a slut

I don't see what the probelm is here, anon.

You don't want to be my age and think back about all the chicks you could have fucked, and didn't.

there is nothing wrong with focusing on your future and having some fun on the side. Once you are further along, you will find a wonderful woman to have a serious relationship with.

For now, have fun with this young lady. But make sure you leave her better than you found her.
>>
If You are old and still Lift, Does that make You and Old Fart?
>>
>>38786518
Just think of the place as modern day 4chan without the name.
>>
File: 468432184.jpg (83KB, 1440x1288px) Image search: [Google]
468432184.jpg
83KB, 1440x1288px
>>38787918
Op, just here to say thanks for telling these things. I'm 21, in University and thinking my life is already over because I didn't start younger. I wish I had this realization when I was younger, but damn, it could've happened later or not at all.

Can you tell me though, how much did lifting improve your life, 1/10?

Damn I wanna ask you so many things but I don't wanna waste your time either.
>>
>>38776048
thank you sifu
>>
>>38788109

10/10 lifting imrpoved my life

I went from 6 ft tall 150 lb skelly to 6 ft tall 205 lb happy guy (lower bf% too)

confidence grows like a snowball (as i stated earlier). As I got bigger, i got more confident. One time, at a party, 2 drunk grils felt up my arms and chest, i was too "spaghetti" ( as you kids say) to do anything about it at the time, but it booosted my confidence in a BIG way.

Once you are confident, everything becomes easier. Lifting got me there. There are other ways to get there, but lifting worked for me.
>>
>>38788368
Ok, some workout tips maybe? The most basic, general you'd wish you knew earlier?

Also, would you think it's good to be a 'yes-man' as I call it? Always say yes to new things?
>>
>>38788568
>Ok, some workout tips maybe? The most basic, general you'd wish you knew earlier?

I wish I knew abuot compound lifts sooner. I would be way bigger now. Iso lifts/bro splits were such a waste of time...

>Also, would you think it's good to be a 'yes-man' as I call it? Always say yes to new things?

I would say so. I mean, there are things you should know to say "no" to (letting a hobo fuck you in the ass raw, shooting heroin, etc), but there is a benefit to doing things no one else in your circle has done. If you are at a party, and you can tell girls you went backpacking through the Andes, you will get laid.
>>
>>38786110
Why didn't you have kids then anon?
>>
>>38776048
nice
>>
>>38788647

Because I don't want to.

It does not interest me.
>>
>>38776048
Include me in the screencap
>>
op please do this every 2 weeks. It wont get stale with a healthy time between threads
>>
>>38788883
rollin
>>
Hi OP and thank you for your wisdom.

I used to be fit, but now I'm sick of where I live and have little motivation. Even though I'm fully aware that I'm smart and driven, I can't find much that drives me. I'm taking steps, such as moving and taking a break next semester, but I know these short term goals will not help me if I can't make long-term ones.

In short, how can I want it if I don't know what I want? How can I regain motivation and turn it into discipline?
>>
>>38785928
Your first answer is your best answer:
>it is going to happen
Sums up the story of a fortunate and grateful life.

You'll find that there is nothing to really say on the eve of your death. For me at least. When it happens there will be nothing left but to have a good laugh.

When he said that he implied a lot of things.
>>
>>38788883

OK.

Next time i have a day off, and I feel like drinking and shitposting, I will
>>
>>38788933
pick goals.

one goal should always be fitness.

it takes 27 days to make soemthign a habit.

stick with it for 27 days,

everything else might be shit, but as long as you are keeping /fit/, you are suceeding. you will feel better, and feel like you have acheived something.
>>
>>38785982
This is me... doped out off college I thought my life was over. Lived without parents for a year over then went back in with good grades.

I'm this guy >>38779780

Have I wasted my time not being productive? As another anon replied, I've no relevant experience and chances are hard
>>
>>38788979

Thanks man. This whole thread meant a lot to me. You seem like a great man, I'm sad you're not having kids because you'd be a great dad
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.