[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Didn't see one so made one. SQTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 36

File: images.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
Didn't see one so made one.

SQTDDTOT
>>
Started having breakfast each morning.

Mix of all bran and corn flakes.

Spend the entire day feeling like a steam train, farting out gas fairly often, and it's a rather potent stink.

What can I do to reduce this? Will my body get used to this? Do I need to eat something to combat it? Reduce amount of fibre?

What?
>>
>>38170867
Yeah generally your microbiome will adapt and it will decrease over time.
>>
>>38170993
Good to know. Over how long? Ish?
>>
>>38171006
Should clear up in the next couple of weeks
>>
So I work in an office. Sat down most of the day. Got into the habit of about once an hour going downstairs to move a bit.

Is there any good things I can do at my desk for working my hands a bit?

Just something small to play with, or just stretches or something?
>>
>>38171013
I read this question as "how do I improve my fitness while sequestered in an office job"

No worthwhile training is going to get done at work. The best thing you can do is to get up and move every 15-20 mins. Obviously if you're busy/on the phone/in the groove you don't want to interrupt, but the fact remains that sitting for hours on end is correlated with bad health. A good lifehack is to start measuring your water consumption and increase it by like half a gallon, this will ensure hydration where you might be chancing adequate hydration otherwise, and get you to walk to the pisser frequently. Bonus points add a pinch of sea salt and potassium salt.
>>
I've been trying to cut and I noticed that a lot of /fit/ recipies have either egg or rice. Why?
>>
>>38171123
Eggs are nutrient dense (mainly the yolk) and are good for hormone production. The egg whites are also the protein with the second highest biological value (BV = usefulness for muscle building), behind whey. BV mainly derives from the proportions of amino acids. Rice is a fairly benign grain that is cheap, non-allergenic, and easy to prepare, it is not an outstanding source of nutrients.
>>
File: 716I3xuk6hL._SX425_.jpg (51KB, 425x323px) Image search: [Google]
716I3xuk6hL._SX425_.jpg
51KB, 425x323px
>>38171101
This is pretty much what I'm doing. Going for a walk to the toilet downstairs about every hour.

I was just wondering if there were any little gadgets or toys I could use at work to:
A) keep my hands occupied
B) help stretch/exercise myself.

A colleague of mine has something like this pic related, and wondering if there's something small that I can keep doing to help build forearm/finger strength. I realise nothing seriously strong can be built from this mind
>>
>>38171151
Thanks. So should I avoid eggs when I do a cut cycle, and then focus more on them during gain cycles? Also does type of rice really matter or is that all just bullshit? (I've heard both arguments)
>>
>>38171176
The best thing would probably be a gripper then. Captains of Crush has like 5 tiers and the trainer version (coming before level 1) is plenty challenging, there are only a handful (heh) of people in the world that can close the level 4 for even one rep. I like that FlexEx thing you linked because it trains extensors for joint balance, I might pick one up thanks. The other thing you could make/buy would be a wrist roller but that's a bit less stealthy.
>>
>>38171194
Eggs are good no matter what really. Differences between brown and white are negligible really, just get what you prefer. I like white rice because it's easier on my gut, easier and quicker to prepare, and I like the texture/taste better.
>>
>haven't been to the gym in a long while because of an unwanted break
>went for the first time in almost a year three days ago
>maybe went overboard a bit
>still kinda sore

I'm just wondering if I should go or not. I don't really care about the pain, but I don't know if that would be good or bad for muh muscles.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
>>38171215
Thanks mate. Cheers!
>>
>>38171217
Bloodflow is good. Just get up and move, take the muscles through full range of motion with no resistance. You will feel soreness decrease and be ready to train again.

>>38171240
You're welcome thanks for the image
Please keep questions coming helping others is making me feel good about myself
>>
>>38170856
>gf and I are both virgins
>She doesn't want to have sex or do anything sexual unless she's "in the mood"
>Furthest we've gotten is heavy petting over underwear, and a handjob for me
>When we're in bed making out she says she isn't ready when I try to grab her ass or anything
>When she actually is turned on she is definitely willing to do stuff though. >She's told me a few times that if I'd gone further she'd be OK with that
>To conclude, she's OK with the idea of sex or other stuff, but only if she's in the mood and I do the escalating (we spoke about this)

She sleeping over at my place tomorrow night, brehs. We have wine, and gonna have a movie night.

Guide me through this. How do I get her in the mood, and escalate things past heavy petting?

I'm horny as fuark. And she mentioned recently that she was too, so I think I have a chance here. I don't wanna do anything if she doesn't want to, though.
>>
When I squat and deadlift, my right side, which is my dominant side, pulls more than my left. How can I work towards evening this out before I get asymmetric gains?
>>
>>38171823
Should also mention we've dry humped before. Like, my dick out, her wearing underwear. So its really just the final "act" she needs working up to.
>>
File: 1466985678670.jpg (76KB, 640x846px) Image search: [Google]
1466985678670.jpg
76KB, 640x846px
>>38171823
It's pretty much the same thing except you end up taking her clothes off.

why is that even a question
>>
Anyone have a download of examine.com supplement goals reference guide?
>>
>>38170867
When I changed my diet, it took about a fortnight to adapt. Anecdotal, but hopefully it helps. In the meantime, don't forget to wear deoderant, and try to release gas in the restrooms.
>>
File: 1368053004672.gif (894KB, 200x112px) Image search: [Google]
1368053004672.gif
894KB, 200x112px
I'm in the army so Monday Wednesday Friday mornings I do cardio (release runs, sprints, etc.) and Tuesdays and Thursday mornings we do either bodyweight work (pull ups/ push ups/ etc) or crossfit with bumper plates and stuff.

I wanna do extra workouts in the evening but I'm afraid I'm gonna be too tired or sore for the morning workouts.

What do? I wanna start maxing my PT test but I don't think the morning workouts will get me there
>>
File: osz___size__ (2).jpg (63KB, 480x714px) Image search: [Google]
osz___size__ (2).jpg
63KB, 480x714px
Is it possible to look good (decent arms, abs, decent chest) by fixing diet and just doing bodyweight exercises?

Pls respond.
>>
File: snek.jpg (100KB, 780x928px) Image search: [Google]
snek.jpg
100KB, 780x928px
>>38170856
doctor told me i need to take B12 vitamin pills because my body doesn't absorb it too well from meat (i eat a lot of meat). i am supposed to take it "before sleep" but my sleep schedule is fucked up and i always eat before i sleep.

is it ok to take the pill right after a meal? before a meal? any time of the day?
>>
>180cm
>130kg
I started a diet and only lost 2kg in 1.5 weeks
how do I faster?
I barely eat 1000kcal a day and I constantly hunger
>>
>>38171947

cutting and starving yourself are VERY different things, with VERY different results.

read the fucking sticky
>>
>>38171947
You actually need to eat more.
Off to the scooby calculator with you.
>>
>>38171882
Thanks.
>>
>>38171947
calories in/out isnt completely linear like that. At some point, yes, on a long enough time line it balances out but youre fighting yourself dipping so low. It doesnt make things go faster as much as it shreds your mind and shuts down your organs
>>
>>38171942
how about you ask your doctor
>>
Can I just take supplements for most micronutrients or is it better to get them from food sources? It's a hard to get all my micros and when trying to get my macro ratios right.
If supplements are fine, which ones do you recommend?

Also how are you guys getting your macros right every day? Do you eat the same meals every day or are calculating carbs/fat/protein every time you eat?
>>
How does a verruca happen?

How can I treat mine?

How can I avoid them in future?
>>
File: fitisthis.jpg (143KB, 807x1013px) Image search: [Google]
fitisthis.jpg
143KB, 807x1013px
How much is 1pl8? I remember it being around 60 lbs or kilos

One seems too small the other one a little much.

Can someone please help me out? Google just refers me to anons doing OHP in the archives
>>
>>38172085
1pl8 = 2 x 45lb + bar weight
>>
>>38172053
Food>Sup

If you can eat the food, if you can't get supplements with decent ingredients. Just check what's in it
>>
60 kgs
one plate = 20 kg
1pl8 = one plate per side + the bar
>>
>>38171823
How old r both of you,13?
>>
A few hours ago I was doing lateral raises. Nothing heavy, 15 lbs for 12 reps. However during the last set I felt like a painless bubble inside my left shoulder. I didn't want an injury so I stopped. What the hell was that? I feel a little weaker with my left shoulder during barbell OHP as well.
>>
>>38172085
135lbs or 60kg
>>
>>38171823
How long have you been together?
How long before you start feeling denied?
Do you genuinely like her or just want to get your dick wet?
>>
>>38171903
bump?
>>
is there a way to make quads bigger without making the inside of your legs bigger? i stopped working legs because i can't stand having my balls and dick run against my leg. and the bigger my legs get the less room my jibblies have, and it's really cramped. how the hell do yall deal with this? it's like a constant front wedgie.
>>
Is yoga 2-3x a week good enough for lifting mobility or should I be doing more specific stretch work?
>>
>>38172181
>38172181
Get real lean
>>
>>38171903
depends on your definition of decent. You can't really pack on much muscle (you need weights for any significant growth) and generally you look better at lower bf% (diet).
>>
>>38172207
lifting mobility? probably not. Usually if you want to improve something you should mimic or do that something.
>>
Skelly who started lifting last month here. My deadlift stats are decent (225 lbs), and squat is getting there (125 lbs).

However, I'm stuck on 95 lbs bench press. Every time I try to raise the weight to 100 or 105, I can't maintain proper form. Most of the stress from bench pressing is on my forearms and elbows.

Is there something wrong physiologically or should I keep maintaining correct form until I build up my arms enough to lift more?
>>
What should I do for resting in between squat sets? I'm at about 250lbs 5x5 and starting to have a bit of trouble with my last sets. Should I be sitting or standing or walking around? I usually stand around but I'm not sure if sitting would be better or worse at this point. Thanks in advance
>>
>>38172233
Well more specifically I need more shoulder mobility so I can do proper snatches. There's already some shoulder work in my current yoga routine, but it's a little different than more typical shoulder work I've seen (the kind where you hold a stick with both hands and move it from the front of your hips to the back of them with the same grip).

I'm just not sure how specific that type of mobility is when it comes to performance
>>
>>38172210
my bf is already low. i'm a former skelly. i'm between 12-15%
>>
I've been doing 5x5 squats every training day and recently reached 100kg and I've started to get knee pain - not while squatting but afterwards and persisting days after.

Following advice in another QTDDTOT I read through the SS chapter on squats and it suggests the cause could be knees caving in, leaning forward or not reaching depth.
I wasn't able to reach parallel without my back rounding completely.
On advice, I did the limber 11 (it was agony) before lifting and deloaded to 60% for squat but I can't even get to parallel without complete rounding under bodyweight, and I don't want to save my knees at the cost of my back.

Someone asked that I post a video so
FORM CHECK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA-zdHC5QHM

any feedback appreciated, I have only just got to like squatting and want to go back to squatting heavy
thanks
>>
>>38170856
If I'm stalling in week 5 of sl 5x5 should I go ahead and deload? I couldn't finish my bench sets yesterday at 140
>>
I'm a skelly and often told I'm too thin. I've been thinking about trying to get bigger but my main priority is being lean. I'm afraid that if I gain weight I'll just end up with extra body fat and have to diet back down to where I am now to be lean again. What do?
>>
Should I stop lifting and focus on my cardio to lose the last bit of fat that I have on my stomach?

Or is lifting a valid use of my time, as long as I do some cardio? I typically warm up with 10-15 minutes cross trainer.
>>
>>38172334
Sounds like you might have tendonitis. Stop squatting altogether for a couple of weeks.
If the pain goes away you're good to go back to the squat rack. If not, it is time to see a doc or a pt.
>>
>>38172360
Read the fucking sticky.

You quit being a fucking retard and gain some muscle. You will gain some extra body fat unless you roid, but all your muscle is not going to slough off when you go on a cut, you stupid faggot.
>>
>>38172400
I did read the stick which states you're going to gain body fat any time you gain muscle. The exact quote is you can't lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.
>>
>>38172334
I kind of see you moving the weight forward in the hole could just be me but it's pretty hard to tell

regarding the knee pain I suggest stretching and foam rolling I had the same issue and foam rolling helped a lot stretch every night or after workouts and make sure to foam roll as often as you can. If you can afford a massage you can go for it like once a month
>>
>>38172411
So what the fuck are you asking for? Either lift and gain weight or stay a skelly. Don't be retarded about your bulk and you won't turn into some hamplanet overnight.
>>
>>38172348
switch to 3 x 5
>>
>>38172436
I know how I'm supposed to get out of skelly mode and stay lean.
If I gain weight then I'll end up with body fat and have to go on a cut which will take me right back to where I am now.
>>
I ohp. Do I need any other shoulder exercises?
>>
>>38172474
lateral raises
>>
>>38172454
>>38172454
>If I gain weight then I'll end up with body fat and have to go on a cut which will take me right back to where I am now.
No you won't, you dense retard, otherwise literally nobody would retain muscle. Just like you don't go stupid with bulking, you also don't go on some massive dramatic cut.

Read the damn sticky again until you internalize that a cut doesn't mean all your muscle disappears
>>
>>38172136
Bump
>>
>>38172487
Just for medials right? Other than that fronts and rears get hit well on push and pull day (respectively), correct?
>>
>MyProtein having a 2x5.5lb sale
>Almost no flavors actually available in 5.5
I wanted a chocolate and a vanilla. Vanilla is available in 5.5, but I can't find any chocolate variant that is. What other flavor is good that comes in that size? Not a fan of fruity flavors like strawberry and banana.
>>
>>38172392
It does match the symptoms for tendonitis. I have stopped squatting for now, only did it today to film that video.
If it does go away, will it not come back as soon as I start squatting again?

>>38172422
Glad to hear someone has had the same issue and got over it, I'll carry on stretching/foam rolling
>>
>>38172507
yeah front is already worked a lot on pushing movements and the rear is worked a lot on rows and such the medial isn't worked a lot that's why a lot of people here suggest lateral raises just to prevent imbalances
>>
Is it worth it to buy a nice pair of asics or adidas wrestling shoes to use for lifting (particulary squats and diddlys)? Or should I look for a pair of actual weightlifting shoes
>>
>>38171823
you just gotta get her out of her head. Persistence is key. Might sound kinda rapey, but when she says no, you kinda just gotta keep going. You back off a little bit and then try again. Of course, read the room. You should be able to tell teh difference between her being into it and saying no and her not being into it and saying no.
>>
What's a good routine while cutting considering you have less gas in the tank and also have slower recovery?
>>
Okay I went full retard and jumped off an 8 foot ledge and fucked up my foot. It's not broken but it's sprained and I can't walk on it without feeling some pain.

I can still go to the gym, right? Like for upper body stuff? Or is that full retard? I don't want to rest for the entire month it would take for this to heal...
>>
back of my neck top of my back hurts from squats.

Are you supposed to let the bar rest on your back? or lift it up a bit
>>
>>38172754
tense up with your shoulders back so the bar isn't resting on your spine.
Also, make sure your neck is not bent (looking up)
>>
>>38172754
Rest it on your back, holding the bar with your hands will give you tendonitis in the long run.

In my experience the best way to cushion the bar on your back is to retract your real delts really hard and breath into your lats right before you take it off the rack. If you're a skeleton and have underdeveloped rear delts it can still be a little rough, though. Start doing face pulls.
>>
>>38172696
depends on your commitment level

>>38172384
didn't you ask this yesterday? Lifting and cardio pretty much burn the same calories, lifting probably burns a little more. But calories burned is so small compared to the calories you could just not eaten. Lifting is always beneficial just like cardio is always beneficial. Ideally you should be doing both. But the only efficient way to reduce fat is to cut calories consumed.

>>38172454
don't be this stupid. Look, you really only have three options
1.stay skelly
2.get on the bulk and cut cycle (best option tbqh)
3.do the scooby method of spending the next 10 years putting on the lean weight that you could have done in 1 year with a bulk and cut

Bulking doesn't turn you into a fatass, it just increases muscle and puts on some fat. Cutting doesn't take away all your progress, it lowers your bf and reduces SOME of your muscle. A cut will not put you back where you are now.

Personally, I'd rather be a builtfat than a retarded skelly like you are now.
>>
>>38172731
you can do whatever lift as long as you put zero pressure on that ankle
>>
>>38172805
>Didn't you ask this yesterday?
Not me, but I'm betting it's a common question.

Thanks for the answer though.
>>
I just moved to the shittest place ever and it doesn't have a kitchen only a microwave and a fridge how can I get macros?

I was thinking of tuna, greek yogurt and frozen vegetables.
I'll be here probably like 3 months
>>
>>38172947
Buy an electric grill and a rice cooker with a steam basket
>>
>>38172947
deli turkey, cottage cheese, strained yogurt, oats
>>
Are fat burners a meme?
>>
>>38172955
I thought of that but I don't even have where to put it, I'd have to put it on my desk or the floor and wash the dishes in the bathroom
>>
Has anyone had turf toe or something close to that and know how to deal with them?
>>
>>38172982
If you have dishes in the first place, I don't see what the problem is. Can you get like a card table to set the stuff on?
>>
>>38172961
they're pretty much caffeine and speed. You can just as well do an eca stack
>>
File: 20160804_100016.png (44KB, 305x228px) Image search: [Google]
20160804_100016.png
44KB, 305x228px
How long should I swim for 800 calories burned?
>>
>>38173160
like 90 minutes
>>
Having trouble staying motivated with my calorie deficit

If I stay strict throughout weekdays, and eat whatever on weekends (I don't normal eat like trash anyways), should I still be making progress? I've been going for 3 days and already down 3-5lbs since then.
>>
>>38173267
long post short, discipline is key. If you're having trouble with a deficit diet, maybe the deficit is too big, considering you lose a pound a day (though you usually lose a lot at the beginning).

You can totally fuck over a weeks worth of progress on the weekend. Ideally, you want to fix your diet so you're eating properly 365 days a year. That doesn't mean you can't fit junk in.
>>
>>38173320
At the moment I can't really focus on eating better foods, since I'm a student and working part time, Im just making sure I don't eat more than 1700 calories. I'll usually just do

>Whole wheat peanut butter sandwich
>Gym
>Jog
>Nature Valley crunch bar thing
>Work
>apple + whatever will get me close to 1700

If I'm not sure how close I am, Ill always try to shoot below it. Not sure if I'm actually just starving myself, but weight loss has been consistent. Before I was able to go back to the gym, I would just focus on calories and went from 207 to 194 in 2 weeks. Months later I came back to 196, so I dont think my eating habits are too bad.
>>
How to decide what macro ratios to use when either cutting or bulking?

Also if my bf% is high but I'm a still a relatively dyel lifter with shit lifts should I cut or bulk?
>>
>>38173420
Breh that's not very much food. Binge eating at dinnertime is also not the best strategy.

I recommend doing IF, have coffee for breakfast and then eat most of your calories at noon and then lunch, with a small dinner at 6. If you stick to the fast then there's really no time to snack and you're cramming all your calories in during a small period so you feel really full and scratch that itch.
>>
>>38173540
That actually does sound like a better idea.

Thanks bro, I appreciate the advice.
>>
>>38173420
if weight loss is your main priority, you don't have to eat better foods, you just have to eat the right amount, and from what you posted that's waaaaaay too low. That's like not even 900 calories.

Being a stupid and working part time are not excuses. It literally takes little to less effort to eat a proper deficit diet.

>>38173462
macro ratios aren't really that important. Prioritize protein and then fill the rest with carbs and fats.

and cut or bulk, that's a personal choice. Ideally, it's always better to have more muscle. I'd rather be built fat which will make cuts easier, than to be a skinny fat with a really low tdee.
>>
5'11" 205lbs ~25bf %

I want to do SS, but unsure about what my caloric intake should be. The book doesn't really make it clear, just says I have to eat a lot.
>>
File: 1468390682103.jpg (33KB, 306x468px) Image search: [Google]
1468390682103.jpg
33KB, 306x468px
>>38170856
Riddle me this fit, why cut to below 17% when no one sees me without a shirt except for anonymous users on a homoerotic anime forum
>>
Is white rice softer than brown rice or am I just really bad at cooking rice?
>>
>>38174165
you've answered your own question there buddy
>>
>>38170867
Fuckin dumbass. You are lactose intolerant
>>
>>38174172
you're bad at cooking rice.
>>
Best exercises to do before swimming for maximum gains? Like are there any specific exercises that wont interfere with breaststroke/front crawl?
>>
>>38174203
I'm not Amerifat or Jew. I am not lactose intolerant.

I drink milk often and don't have these issues. The only change is an increase in fibre
>>
>>38174212
um...wut?

>>38174228
fiber does that to you.
>>
File: phrak.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
phrak.png
47KB, 547x465px
I just started doing phraks greyskull lp (pic related), should I try and add accessories? I'm on a cut by the way
>>
>>38174255
>fiber does that to you.
nothing better than downing like 4 bowls of shredded wheat and then dropping some meaty farts that blow out your asshole.
>>
>>38174333
sure
>I'm on a cut by the way
eh...
>>
>>38174350
>Sure
Alright what accessories then?
>Eh...
Please elaborate
>>
>>38174396
>Alright what accessories then?
which ever ones you want
>Please elaborate
I don't know what your goals and expectations are. Lifting on a cut usually doesn't produce the results beginners think it will.
>>
Retarded ass question but here goes:
Will cardio really kill gains if I'm on a caloric deficit but eating plenty of protein while lifting consistently?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
This is the most delicious thing I've ever made. It's steamed brocolli and carrots with a little olive oil and all-natural herbs and spices with deli chicken breast.

Is this food healthy enough to eat for lunch everyday?
>>
>>38174527
>caloric deficit but eating plenty of protein
one doesn't have anything to do with the other
at a caloric deficit, when it comes to any exercise you're essentially dealing with energy management. Your deficit by itself is killing gains. Lifting and eating enough protein helps reduce that. Cardio works against it.
>>
>>38174561
sure. You can do without the olive oil tbqh but I doubt there's enough there to matter.
>>
>>38174437
I'm just trying to cut down on bf% for now (skinny fat mode) just want to get lean, not dyel or skelly. Once I do that then I'll go on a slow bulk
>>
Posting this in both threads so I can hopefully get an answer.

Between work and school, Saturday is my only guaranteed day off during the week. I work in a warehouse so I get plenty of exercise but no super heavy lifting. If I only went to the gym 1-3 days a week would it be a waste of time? I've never lifted before.
>>
>>38171947
Do exercise. At your weight just walking briskly will burn plenty of calories.
t. Former fatass
>>
So I bought a cheap bench and some weights and put them in this small room, because our only local gym closed and it's gonna be 2-3 months before the new one opens.

Now I wanted to do SS, but I'm fucked for a bunch of reasons :

- Can't put that much weight on my barbell because it's only 1.50m long ( it weights 8kg instead of standard 20kg, so pretty small )
- If I wanted to do deadlifts or power cleans I couldn't drop the barbell, because I'm on the second floor and also the floor is laminated
- Can't do back squats properly because no squat rack, can do front squats however

So far I've just been doing some bench pressing, OH pressing, dips and chin/pullups.

Does anyone know a proper way to train back / legs with only a bench and a barbell with 40-50kg on it? Got dumbbells aswell that go up to 15kg each.
>>
>>38174640
then understand that beyond noob gains, it's hard to impossible to make muscle and strength gains on a deficit.

>>38174660
most routines only have you going to the gym 3 times a week. You can even get away with 2 times a week. 1 time a week is not ideal.
>>
File: 1456620361058.jpg (61KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
1456620361058.jpg
61KB, 500x464px
>>38170856
I tend to hit around 5 exercises per muscle head (i.e. if I'm doing shoulders 5 for front head 5 for middle head 5 for rear) is this an effective stratedgy? Also wheres a good place to find exercises? Its becoming difficult to mix things up when I need to.
>>
>>38172264
Eat more, you lucky, lucky bastard.

>TFW cutting
>>
>>38174723
>doing 15 different delt exercises
jesus fuck, unless you're on tren this is silly
>>
File: 1349034534875.jpg (13KB, 207x160px) Image search: [Google]
1349034534875.jpg
13KB, 207x160px
Had oral surgery yesterday. I'm not supposed to do any exercise that involves excessive breathing or any movements that could tear my sutures (aka any fucking exercise). Likely gonna be a week before I can exercise again

Can't eat any food that requires excessive chewing, like chicken, steak, or any meat really. This goes for vegetables as well and no spicy foods due to possible irritation of the healing area.

What do I do in the meantime?
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 750x1334px
Can I get a deadlift form check. I feel like no matter how hard I try, my lower back won't stop rounding. I asked someone in my gym and they said it was ok, and just how I was built (I don't really have an ass, very white). Is this unacceptable back rounding?
>>
>Fat as fatass
>Just started lifting and treadmill

Is it better to walk longer at a slower pace or shorter at a faster pace?

Example:
30 minutes @ 2.5mph
or
20 minutes @ 3mph
>>
>>38174738
Gear free, I don't get worn out tho especially on mid and rear I feel like I can do more. Front head I tend to only hit like three excercises tho, any routine suggestions? I dont care for stength just wanna look nice
>>
>>38174739
jerk off

>>38174767
it literally doesn't matter. The difference there is so insignificant.
>>
>>38174783
if you can do that many different exercises I suggest picking your favorites and upping the weight. OHP, rear delt flies and maybe lat raise should be just fine
>>
>>38174688
thank you
>>
File: 1368645495566.gif (1MB, 450x252px) Image search: [Google]
1368645495566.gif
1MB, 450x252px
>I'm about to go to the gym right now and want to change up my chest/tri day.

>what exercises and set/reps should I do for both

>goal: building muscle
>>
>>38174723
>mix things up when I need to.
um....
>>38174783
>I dont care for stength just wanna look nice
jesus...
>>
>>38174813
I'm trying not to fap though, I'm kind of an addict.
>>
>>38174830
then stare at the fucking wall.
>>
>>38174766

Looks like you need to work on your hip hinge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwN_nXKVXXI
>>
File: 1313311747954.png (14KB, 336x330px) Image search: [Google]
1313311747954.png
14KB, 336x330px
>>38174847
okay
>>
Is working out 6 days a week on ~500-750 cal a day deficit overkill? Would less lifting days make any substantial difference?
>>
When do you stop experiencing DOMS? You stop getting them after a month or two lifting, right?
>>
>>38174862
>Is working out 6 days a week on ~500-750 cal a day deficit overkill? Would less lifting days make any substantial difference?
I would imagine those 6 workouts would be miserable as fuck and you end up half assing or bailing out on them, so yes, doing less lifting days would probably make a substantial difference.

>>38174887
you stop getting them after a week or so after you start that exercise. If you still get them a month or two in, they probably aren't DOMS.
>>
6'3 258 pound natty, been lifting almost 2 years while working a physical job full time. I've essentially been perma bulking.

Just got promoted to a less physical job so I'm going to try to cut.

What weight should I shoot for? I have a bigger frame (7.8" wrists). Most people my height say under 200 lbs, but they look sucked the fuck up. I'm looking to be somewhere between 12-15% body fat.
>>
>>38172450
I thought that was when you had to deload 3 times
>>
>>38174688
Yes I know but like I said before I'm not trying to make gains yet, I'm just trying to cut down on bodyfat and get lean, I'm already doing cardio on rest days I was just wondering if it's a good idea to add accessories because I heard usually it's best to save them for the last day as a depletion workout
>>
>>38171194

You can cut on McDonalds. There aren't certain foods that are better for cutting than bulking, although I would say that you should watch your fat intake either way. Too low when cutting and it'll really affect your test. Anecdotally, I can feel it in my sex drive. Also people tend to go too high on fats on a bulk (dirty bulk). Hitting that right fat macro is the trickiest part to any diet.

>>38171217

You've got the DOMS. Best way to get rid of them is to work through them. Best way to deal with them is to do some light-moderate cardio after your workout to get the blood pumping through your muscles.
>>
>>38171903

Yes. You can still get some noob gains and get otter mode with dips, chins, and push-ups. Would recommend something for legs though.

>>38172474

Lateral raises for sure. I like to superset heavy BB Shrugs with Face Pulls to blow up my traps+rear delts, which definitely helps for a bigger OHP.

>>38172730

Definitely 5/3/1 if your intermediate and above. I've gained strength on my OHP and DL while cutting on 5/3/1. Otherwise lower volume altogether, but don't lower intensity.

>>38174767

I had the same mentality as you and honestly, they're both shit. You'd be better off walking at 3mph at 1.5 incline for 2 minutes, then jogging for a minute alternating for 20-30 minutes.
>>
>>38175054
tdeecalculator.net claims your max muscular potential is 220 pounds at 15% bodyfat, take that as you will
>>
>>38172454
>bulk 40 pounds
>gain 60% muscle 40% fat
>cut 20 pounds
>lose 20% muscle 80% fat
At the end you've gained 20 pounds of muscle and are at the same amount of fat.
>>
what does cum taste like?
>>
>>38171903
decent as in ottermodeish sure you will never get big with bodyweight stuff but by normie standards you can look decent.
>>
File: braggs_acv_1.jpg (37KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
braggs_acv_1.jpg
37KB, 550x550px
is this a meme?
>>
injuries are forcing me to take a break from squats/deadlifts for a couple of weeks.
Currently running SL 5x5

A
squat 5x5
bench 5x5
row 5x5

AxBx
B
squat 5x5
OHP 5x5
deads 5x5

Would this be good for maintaining progress during this time?
AxAx
A
OHP 5x5
bench 5x5
row 5x5
>>
WHAT DO I TALK TO GIRLS ABOUT
>>
>>38172120
>>38172099
>>38172085
1pl8 is 40kg ( 1 20kg on each side) if you count the bar you're an ego lifter.
>>
>>38170856
how much does a big guy curl?
>>
>>38172731
>8ft
Kys that's not even high up
>>
Why do I lose significant gainz if I stop for one day
>>
I'm at 20%bf now, what is the best way of cutting the %? Started a 500 cal/day cut at the start of this week
>>
>>38176051
i'm assuming you mean a 500 cal deficit and not only eating 500 cal/day
>>
>>38170856
Just started doing Macro Ratios.

35% Protein
35% Carbs
30% Fat

All of this on TDEE - 500.

Good ratios?
>>
>>38176223
make 35% fat instead of carbs.
>>
>>38176285
Any particular reason? New to this whole deal.
>>
>>38176477
Carbs you usually don't need that much. Cut them where possible. IMO it shouldn't account for more than 30%
>>
>>38176192
yeah 500 deficit/day should have said
>>
>>38176530
To answer your question, lift and keep at the deficit. Take a week break every 3 months. If you're not losing weight, subtract 150 calories from your intake.
>>
Should I go work out tomorrow?
I am sore from yesterday and first time in gym really fucked me up on the day. I will also have work later that day, and day after. I just started with the job and as a fattie I barely have stamina for it to begin with.

What do?
>>
>>38176552
Okay cool thanks for the advice, how many % could I reasonably drop in the next 2.5 months do you reckon?
>>
>>38176573
just do it. Imagine your tiredness as a proof of doing it.

>>38176577
Don't focus on the percentage. Focus on the bigger picture.
>>
>>38176581
-sigh-
Progress has slowed down recently... Seeming to want to look for quick fixes although I really know they don't exist...
>>
>>38176601
You didn't get to that weight overnight, don't expect to lose it as fast as you gained it.
>>
File: 1466634010565.gif (901KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
1466634010565.gif
901KB, 240x160px
I'm a weak dyel and whenever I do pushups, my stomach touches the floor (I'm chubby). What do?
>>
>>38176649
>What do?

read the sticky.
>>
>>38170856
Yea sooo it might be stupid but whatever. Do dumbells must be tightly screwed together when exercising ? Or maybe they should revolve freely on handle ?
>>
My gym doesn't have a chest height pulley, only one from the floor and one above my head. Which should I use for face pulls?
>>
>>38176649
Not this again..
>>
>>38176695
Plz respond
>>
>>38176837
Give it more than 15 minutes, fucker. This isn't /b/, shit takes time.
>>
>>38176869
My apologies man.
>>
File: 1466912210550.jpg (560KB, 960x939px) Image search: [Google]
1466912210550.jpg
560KB, 960x939px
I've been cutting and intermittent fasting for a few days. My main goal is to lose body fat though I'm still hitting protein quota and lifting weights.

I feel incredibly weak and get fatigued/sweaty much quicker when I exercise.

Should I just suck it up and live with it until my body fat drops to where I want it? Will a multivitamin help? What do?
>>
>>38176899

Give it a couple weeks to settle in. Are you doing it as recommended with hi-carb/low-fat lifting days and the opposite for rest days?
>>
Haven't lifted in a few months due to my work and school schedule. Since then I've put on weight and have this disgusting muffin top now. My primary goal is just to look better and eventually get back into lifting.

So right I'm just dieting and going on the elipctical everyday. Is this a good idea or should I just jump back into lifting? I'm not worried about losing much muscle since I barely have any anyway.
>>
Do rack pulls focus more on the lats and upper back than deadlifts?
Do they work the glutes and hams too?
I want to include them in my routine for reasons.
>>
today was my first day and i asked the trainer to teach me how to do deadlifts. he acted surprised and asked me why i wanted to do deadlifts and said they were for advanced lifters. i ended up doing curls and using machines. he seems gay too so i'm think he's not there for the strength. i think i'm going to another gym..
>>
>>38177167
I-I w-wanna do that t-too senpa-pai
>>
>>38177167
Don't worry about the fat-loss vs muscle-gain tradeoff until you've depleted your noob gains.

Unless you're fat as fatass, which it doesn't sound like it.
>>
>>38177451
I'm only 160lbs but I just have a lot of fat around the midsection. I barely had any noob gainz to begin with. Are you saying to just continue with my cardio?
>>
>>38171903
I hope you're not saying ninja fatty in your pic is decent.
>>
When coming up from the bottom of a squat i always feel a a great pain in my left leg's hip flexors area, it's really hard on my warmup sets but stops bothering me when going heavy, should i stop squatting for a while?
>>
>Weigh 100kgs
>Start eating 1800 calories a day
>Still so fucking hungry

How do I stop my hunger?
>>
How does a beginner establish their max with deadlift? Just increase by 10kg a session or something? Also how do warm up sets for it work? Like 40% x3. 60% x2 or something?
>>
>>38172136
Sounds like asscancer.
>>
This may be the wrong board but is it possible to cook chicken thighs/legs with bones on a George foreman grill? If so. How?
>>
>>38170856

Ive been lifting casually with a hernia in my lower right rib for three years untreated now

Is this very bad?
>>
>>38171942
Taken b12 for nearly a decade.
Yes it's fine.
>>
>>38178011

If you're hungry, eat an apple. If you don't want to eat an apple, then you're not hungry.

Try eating 2-4 apples for lunch. See how you feel afterwards. Hell, eat nothing but apples for an entire day and see if you're craving food or just junk food.
>>
Hey fit, I've got an issue in my upper/mid back. Every day after I get off of work, my lats feel like they've been stretched to the point of aching. I try to maintain proper posture, but that just seems to aggravate it more. Plus, it's always worse on my left side just below my shoulder blade. What is this?
>>
>>38178046

Start with empty bar, add 10 at a time until you can't do 5 reps with good form. Proceed from there next session.

Take time to really get the form down before you progress. Watch youtube videos.
>>
>>38171823
You gotta be 18 to post here, m8. Go talk to your school counselor if you need help.
>>
does anyone eat chia seeds? when do you eat them? I do a tbsp with breakfast and a tbsp after my workout (evening)
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 500x375px
What are some excercises that hit the lower back muscles? my left lower back muscle (above my ass and hip) bulges out but my right doesnt. Pretty bad imbalance and is affecting posture. Dl and to a lesser extent Squat are both suffering because of it.

Can be stretches, bodyweight, etc. please help guys
>>
>>38178128
T.an apple farmer
>>
How many calories do I burn in half an hour of swimming roughly 15 laps(around half a mile)? Different websites give me anywhere from 250 to 500.
>>
>>38178739
Depends on the density of the water.
>>
How do I un-pencil my pencil neck?
>>
>>38178059
Sure, just...put them on the grill and go to town, same way you would with other chicken pieces.

>>38178147
Consider experimenting with your seating situation and/or standing up more frequently.

>>38178673
Squat and deadlift. Make sure you perform the lifts symmetrically. Shoot video if you have to.

>>38178825
Getting stronger on the main lifts and gaining weight will do most of the work. Shrugs, bridges, neck harness, 4-way neck machine if you have access to one are fun toys but not terribly crucial.
>>
Get a super tight squeezing pain on triceps right after a bench set. How to remedy this?
>>
File: 1278484360926.png (113KB, 266x304px) Image search: [Google]
1278484360926.png
113KB, 266x304px
Retarded question, how do you tell the difference between gyno and pecs? I'm only asking because I'm really confused on the matter.

>people say if it jiggles it's fat and try jumping to see
>it doesn't jiggle but instead feels like one big weight that moves up and down
>keep getting split answers on it

I want to assume it's not gyno since A), I never had any pec development before I started working out, and B) obviously because it's fucking gyno and I don't want it.
>>
>>38179199
post pic. you can have fat on your pecs and it not be gyno. if it looks like bitchtits then its probably gyno
>>
Is five sets of three the same three sets of five? Or is one inherently better at certain things?
>>
brehs im fucking starving right now. trying not to fuck up my weight loss gains, so what can I eat that will satisfy the sweet tooth but not fuck me too hard? Im thinking pineapple and some whipped cream (not too much of course).
>>
Should I eat breakfast before workout or after?

what if I'm on vacations and go to the gym at 9 am or something? should I wake up earlier and eat?
>>
>>38179414
If I eat before I exercise, I have to wait a good hour or I'll be sick. Ill usually eat after. Unless I m crazy hungry then I'll plan around needing that extra time. Find what works for you. Remember that its WHAT you eat that matters, not when.
>>
File: 1374435644844.jpg (41KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1374435644844.jpg
41KB, 480x480px
>tfw no gym bro to blog post to
>>
>>38179464
I have some greek yoghurt and a mix of nuts and seeds to mix, so I'll try eating them in the morning and then preparing for the gym, ty
>>
>>38179403
see >>38178128
>>
>>38178128
Doesn't this shit just turn to sugar and thus, fat? Not exclusively to apples for really all fruit. I love fruit. If I could fruit dinners, I would but the sugars are what fuck me up. I know they're natural sugars and not processed but I still don't see how that would change it.
>>
I know the general rule for pee is "if it isn't clear your doing it wrong"

What are the signs of a good healthy poop
>>
>>38179691
You don't want clear pee. You wanted a yellow tint. Think 10% tint.

Healthy poop is a solid, fat roll of shit. When I started taking fast food out of my diet and drinking exclusively water, my shits were solid and long.
>>
Is protein the only macro that matters?
>>
>>38179718
What the fuck does this even mean?

All 3 of the macros matter, that's why they are macros you fucking idiot.
>>
>>38179691
>What are the signs of a good healthy poop

Solid, medium/large mid brown uninterrupted log every other day.
>>
Getting slightly more than your target on a given day isn't that big a concern if you're trying to bulk, correct? Under-eating is the real concern here?
>>
>>38179864
>Getting slightly more than your target

Depends on what you mean by slightly and what you are getting slightly more of.
>>
>>38179895
200 extra calories of pimento cheese

This is fine if its not a regular thing? Everything else is very measured and consistent.
>>
>>38179926
>This is fine if its not a regular thing?

Why cant it be a regular thing? Are you going over your calories with this cheese? Over your fat? What is making it incapable of being a part of your daily intake?
>>
>>38179771
Evenly coats the ceiling and walls with two applications.
>>
>>38180012
I feel like eating excess cheese at 12:00 at night is a bad thing
>>
>>38179926
Going over while bulking isn't a big deal. If your body doesn't use the calories to rebuild muscle tissue then it will store it as fat which you can lose later. Don't sweat it.
My target is 3000 kcal but if I go 500 or 1000 over in a day I don't worry and it's not making me fat because I bust ass in the gym.
>>
How often should I add weight to a lift?

Also how much should I add when I do add weight?

I recently started so my lifts are very low, if that matters
>>
can i work out
>>
What is the best thing to do to get an arm pump? Any exercise is fair game.

I've been using resistance band curls before I go out but I'm curious if there's a better way
>>
>>38180198
READ THE STICKIED THREAD.
>>
>>38180045
Then eat it earlier.
>>
What can I do about my shit fat distribution?

I know spot reduction is a myth, but I lose weight from seemingly every part of my body but my stomach. I eat at a light deficit, roughly 1500 calories a day.
>>
>>38180362

inb4 Yohimbrine
>>
What else can I do to raise my test?
I'm currently taking Vitamin E, 8000 IU of D3, Fish Oil, and Vitamin C
I'm off Zinc and Magnesium for a while/

also where can I find some HGH?
>>
>>38180362
you keep losing weight until the fat you want gone is gone. No other which way about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 300x300px
Currently cutting at 1500kcal/day
Right now i am sitting at 1400kcal, but 95g protein (with a goal of 130)

Feel completely full and satiated and all that good stuff.

Would it be better to eat the protein and stick to the increased deficit, based on satiety?

Or eat my protein intake, and either accept the slightly higher calorie intake (58 calories above target)??

Or should i eat the protein and do 58 kcals worth of cardio?

Today is a non-training day, if that makes a difference (i would assume less protein breakdown results in lower protein requirements, compared to training days)
>>
>>38180427
>Would it be better to eat the protein and stick to the increased deficit, based on satiety?
To NOT** eat
>>
>>38180427
Question though.

Do you actually make gains with that amount of calories?
>>
>>38180427

If it's just the protein, then it's six of one half a dozen of the other.

You take the protein, you get closer to your macro goal, go a little over your caloric goal, but it's protein so it evens out.

You dont, you stay within your cutting limit, but miss out on some protein for the day.

Id say, on a training day, rearange as best you can to get that protein in there but stay under your caloric goal. Might need to look at your diet for the day.

On a non training day, look at your macro proportions. If they are within reason, and you are satiated, just let it go for the day.
>>
File: image.jpg (195KB, 991x1100px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195KB, 991x1100px
>>38180450
Have only ever made gains on a deficit or at maintenance..
Recovered fatty status. Doing my final cut before i reverse diet
>>
File: image.png (68KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
68KB, 640x1136px
>>38180473
Legitimately didn't understand the first line you typed..

..but i feel like i am good for the day.
I always hit my protein goal on training days (i am always hungry af on training days lmao)
>>
>>38180509
Yeah, if you hit your cal goal for the day and those are your macros, id say just leave it alone on a non training day.

Where are you getting all that fat from?
>>
I tried eating 500 calories less than my TDEE which is 2111, (1609 is my BMR) but I'm also weight lifting and II haven't really seen any results other than going up and down a pound or two which I chalk up to water weight, piss, shit, etc. Should I be eating more or less? I want to retain my muscle, but lose fat. I so SL 3x a week but I feel like I could do more.
>>
I'm 6'3" and the scale says I'm 344 lbs. I have a 2,000-2,500 calorie diet consisting of balanced, home-cooked meals (with occasional cheat days of maybe 3,000 calories, about once per week on average). I also do moderate cardio for 30-60 minutes every day. I feel healthier as a result of this, despite the fact that I'm starting to have minor back issues from the weight.

Yet, I am not actually losing weight. What gives?
>>
>>38172348
IIRC
>repeat weight twice more
>if still not getting 5x5, deload 10%
>after two deloads do 3x5
>two more deloads 1x5
>then you move on
>>
>>38180540
Roommate made pasta with fucktoooons of oil, and i had eaten fatty food (broccoli with thai peanut sauce) earlier that day.

...but if you are looking for a good source of fats, i recommend cheese. Half protein, some bcaas, good amounts of sat fats, and tasty as fuuark
>>
>>38180571
Imho eat your goal weight x10 in calories (wanna be 150? Eat 1,500)
>>
>>38180577
A calorie isn't a calorie anon.
Meaning, that you should be looking over WHAT you eat and not how much.

Cut out all food except meat veg nuts the occasional fruit. Not fast, junk, snack, preprepared, food of any kind.
No candies, cookies or cakes that aren't hand made, and even then only one piece a day.
Drink only water and up to a gallon of it a day.
That's all you need for a diet.

The scale? The scale doesn't reflect your health. Only how much overall mass you have.

You might be carrying a lot of water, you might have replaced some of that fat with muscle, you don't know. So don't worry about your weight.

Just worry about what you see in the mirror every week.

I hope HOPE you took or have before pictures and used a tailors tape to measure your dimensions(arm width waist width etc). Those are far more valuable then a scale.

There's also something else you should do. Wait.
This is something that you are going to be doing for your entire life. Don't try to rush it.
>>
>>38180620
I tried that and I felt tired and depleted even when I ate nothing but brown rice, broccoli, and chicken, eggs, and sandwiches that fit my macros.
>>
>>38180599
>doing 1x5 lp
Is this real?
SL is dumber than i though
>>
>>38180632
Broscientist
>>
>>38172754
Why are you doing squats if you haven't at least read about/watched videos of proper form? Do not do any more until you do so, please.
>>
what to do when a girl sends mixed signals? like when she takes an hour to respond to my texts everytime but then she answers with multiple long texts with tons of emojis and being extra friendly and flirty
>>
>>38180640
Elaborate.

No troll
No bullshit.
Nothing agressive
>>
>>38171903
you won't get big, but you can be in great shape, healthy and athletic with bodyweight work.
>>
>>38180667
>a calorie is not a calorie
>look at WHAT you eat
You can get to 5% bf on nothing but twinkies and ice cream
>>
>>38180632
Today, for example, was 3 liters of water, a hard-boiled egg, two chicken breasts, an artichoke (with a small dab of mayo), a handful of mini-pretzels, one nutri-grain bar, some wanton soup, steamed kale, some altoids, and a cheat sugary coffee (about 250 cal). Adds up to about 2k.

You're saying I should drink an additional liter, drop carbs altogether, and self-prepare all meals. That doesn't seem like it would make enough of an impact to begin losing weight when the deficit is already so high. Maybe I'm not eating enough?
>>
>>38180620
Would love to see source on that.
>>
>>38180803
He's not going to comply because it's bunk.
>>
10 more pounds to my weight goal. Right now sitting around 175-180. Don't know my bf percentage. Used to be 273. Going to increase my caloric intake, and try to get some gains. What would you guys recommend for reducing bf around the mid section?
>>
>>38180803
There is no source, it is bro tier advice that works.

T.this guy
>>38180477
>>
>>38180843
Read page 49 of greyskull.

For sure get under 15% bf before you start reverse dieting/lean bulking
Under 12% is preferable
Under 10% is maybe a tiny bit excessive, but as long as you dont fuck your hornones, go for it
>>
>>38180954
https://a.pomf.cat/uyuwms.pdf
Meant to link it
>>
>>38180620
That's completely retarded. You're not taking into account activity level or bmr or starting weight.
>>
>>38180965
>counting calories burnt
What are you, some kind of pussy bitch?

And the bmr is kinda implies by goal weight. A 6'4 giant is not going to be aiming for 160
Most any 5'10 male can do fine on 1600 kcal cutting

The only exceptions are super jacked people, but it works for kinobody and he is pretty lean and swole
>not natty
Neither is blaha. Nutrition still counts
>>
File: vince.png (256KB, 684x389px) Image search: [Google]
vince.png
256KB, 684x389px
How much of pec shape is genetics? Personally I like the square slab look but I don't even know if it's possible for me. Is there anything that can be done to square out round pecs? expectations for squaring out are very low, i'd just want to get a bit flatter because i don't want to stop benching
>>
>>38182168

All of it is genetic. You can slightly shift how much of the mass is going to be in the clavicular head versus the sternal head but the shape of both is determined by your insertion points and those don't change short of a traumatic pec tear.
>>
Is there a way to increase the size of my nipples? I know, cosmetic surgery and all but I'd rather avoid that if possible.
>>
>>38170856
Is i bench 80kg (175lbs) thats counting with the bar wich is 20kg how many plates is that?

if one plate is 20kg (45lbs)
>>
>>38182571
1 pl8 is 60kg (20kg on each side)
2 pl8 100kg
3 pl8 140kg
etc
>>
Are refeed useful or a meme?
>>
How much do you guys aim to gain per week while bulking? Currently I'm going for 0.5-1lb per week since I don't want to end up as a fatass.
>>
Whenever I lose enough BF in order to have a flat stomach, with my waist 10 inches smaller than my butt (alledgely a good metric for female proportions) my ribcage is plainly visible all the way around. It's so prominent that people keep asking me if I'm anorexic and suggest medical help. I'm about 15 punds heavier than the minimum recommended for my height, so it's not that I'm super scrawny over-all - people also tell me I have butch looking arms. In other words, it's just my ribcage. What do?

I'm guessing the solution is "build muscle on the ribs" but with which exercises? I already do pull ups for my lats. What for the front and sides?
>>
Which is better:

>~8 reps of pull ups with questionable form
>10 reps of lat pulldown with good form but at a lighter weight than pull up weight

I would rather do pull ups but I dont really feel strong doing them. Should I build myself up on lat pulldown machine or will that be ineffective because it doesnt hit all the muscles a pull up does?
>>
>>38183203
IMO one should always do exercises with perfect form. If you can't, you're lifting too heavy. Repeating an exercise with poor form ingrains it in your memory, making it a harder habit to break. It also increases your risk of injury.
>>
>>38183108
I Just eat enough calories to keep increasing my lifts each week, if I start plateauing i'll adjust calories then routine
>>38183203
Form>weight, do whatever you can get the best muscle contractions with
>>
>>38182612
thanks you senpai
>>
>>38179215
I tried flexing and 98% of it felt rock hard, so I guess it's just muscle.
>>
>>38179390
Bumping this question once
>>
Which calipers does /fit/ recommend for measuring body fat?
>>
Has anyone tried this? Is this overpriced or is the "no Soy no Gluten GMO free decent amount of BCAA's No Artificial Sweeteners" thing worth the money? Will post Nutrition facts.
>>
Looking for quad-focused isolation workouts to supplement my squat/diddly variations. I run sprints once every week or two. Trying to stay away from leg extensions and machines in general. Any ideas? Was thinking about trying sled-pulls/tire dragging. Anybody got experience with those exercises? Think they target the quads well enough?
>>
>>38184683
Nutrition
>>
>>38180577
more likely than not, you're eating more than you think you are. Your calorie count is off somewhere.
>>
>>38175108
>I don't want to make gains
>I want to add accessories
kinda conflicting
>>
>>38178011
eat a pound of chicken breast
>>
is it wrong to add 2.5kg every deadlift workout as a beginner, as opposed to 5kg? does it matter that much?
>>
>>38185154
is it wrong? not necessarily. You should be able to add 5 unless you're not eating enough. Does it matter that much? As long as you're fine with slow gains and you're adding 2.5kg per workout, you're good.
>>
What should my weight increments look like for power cleans each workout? Currently doing SS and i started with 65 lbs to be safe and practice form.
>>
I've been doing Greskull "Linebacker focus" for a few weeks, and I've been thinking about adding some rows and maybe some cable movement to my workout. I've been thinking maybe Cable Crossover and Cable Rows

Are those good options? How should I go about adding them on my workout, on which days should I do them?
>>
Asked this in the other thread but it seems a bit less populated so here goes.

Due to circumstances far outside of my control, my food budget for the next week got hit pretty hard an I won't be able to afford as much protein as I usually can. Next week is also the second week of 5/3/1 for me. Should I continue with the program or tack on an extra week 1 just to be safe? Does it really matter?
>>
So I've been doing 5x5 for almost a year and just ran into a problem. I was doing 375 lb squats last week so I was supposed to move up to 380 last workout. I was able to do 4 sets but my legs were the weakest they've ever been. I could seriously barely stand up. Okay, no big deal, just sore. But today I tried to do 380 again and I could only do 2 sets.

The spot is just above my knee at like the tip of my quad. It's so sore. Should I see a doc (not murrican) or do you think just skip a workout and hopefully it's just soreness (considering I went from 345 to 380 in 3 weeks, added 5 lbs everytime I went in).
>>
Obviously you aren't supposed to OHP in the squat rack, so where are you supposed to OHP?
>>
I had an idea last day in the gym while I was resting after squats, I noticed how many kids, pre 18 were doing lifts with terrible form, even curling was being done as a whole body swing, kids doing dumbell lateral and front raises , swing their whole bodies with weights too heavy, so it hit me : this shit should be illegal, there is no adult/expert supervision over kids carrying large weights were they could hurt themselves easily.
Either get a trainer over every ~5 trainees or set some age barrier to gym entry.
>>
>>38187078
hmmm I am doing sl 5x5 for two weeks now and I am sore exactly where you describe , just above the knee, and don't know why, it hurts only when pushed with hand.
>>
>>38187179
it's just a meme. just do them in the squat/power rack
>>
>>38187396
I honestly had no idea it was a meme. Okay.
>>
Every single doctor I've been to, including one "sports" doctor as they called themselves, has said that there's no benefit to going below parallel when squatting. Are they right? I definitely feel like I"m working my quads more when going below parallel, but doctors bitch me out for it.
>>
How do I gain weight?
I've been 146 for the past two years
>>
Anything I can do to try and fix a low libido?
>>
>>38175245
Hey, so I'm a total beginner and really need to lose weight. Basically, I should lift at high intensity with low volume while I'm losing fat?
>>
File: 1461265779529.jpg (78KB, 960x922px) Image search: [Google]
1461265779529.jpg
78KB, 960x922px
Guys how to squat with no rack or cage? Si far I've done a power clean then OHP on to my back but deloading is a bit scary, I do a mini hop and use the momentum to lift up and to my front.. is there a safer way if I only have barbell?
>>
So it's come to my attention that my spinal erectors are massively imbalanced, which probably explains why my squats have always been so fucking weird. I also think my hips are probably misaligned. Should I see a chiropractor or doctor or something?
>>
I know most supplements are a meme but I have the desire to try them
I been training for 2 years only consuming whey, no other suplement
What sups should I buy?
>>
>>38189602
2years is usually a good time to begin some anabolic cycles, it'll make you go from decent to absolutely ripped
>>
What do you guys do when you're unable to go to the gym? I'm new to SS and I had to come home for a week. Feels awful
>>
>>38188163
read the sticky. tldr eat more than your TDEE
>>
File: 1466824706399.gif (2MB, 320x212px) Image search: [Google]
1466824706399.gif
2MB, 320x212px
>>38170856
How much of food in general am I supposed to eat?

Does it depend on my height and current weight?

>1.67 m
>70 ish kg

How the fuck do I know how much carbs and protein does my chicken have?

Do I really MUST take vitamins and supplements to have a 'nice' body?

>cute girl in return
>>
>>38189425
You can't. Cleaning to front rack and front squatting will be more productive than what you're doing now.

>>38187941
>asking doctors about lifting
You get your recipes from plumbers anon?

>>38187185
>they might hurt themselves
OH NO THERE OUGHTA BE A LAW
git out

>>38189499
If you want to. But nobody's perfectly symmetrical, and if you're not in pain or constantly hurting yourself there's probably not much point. (Could also be a leg length discrepancy, in which case the thing to do is to measure the discrepancy, shim the bottom of the relevant shoe, and carry on.).

>>38188433
Get in shape, sleep more, stress less.

>>38189655
Find another gym. Or plan ahead and don't worry about it.

>>38189742
>depends on your goals, titrate to effect
>yes
>google "chicken breast [or thigh, or whatever] nutrition facts"
>nah
>>
>>38170856
how bad is overtraining?

I've started lifting, and I find it's the only thing that keeps the depression at bay, but I want to do it every day.
On my supposed days off I'd just do some lighter work for whatever body parts I feel like, no particular planning, as opposed to days where I do my actual routine.
>>
>>38189795
Ok that's helpful. Should I google everything, or consult a nutritionist about the food thing?

What I want is to look healthy, at the moment I look meh, average body with a little belly.
>>
>broke my pot
>only have rice cooker

what are some bulking food I can make with a rice cooker and microwave only?

I've been having plain pasta the past few days but I need to eat 'healthy'.

plain pasta = pasta + canned sauce
>>
>>38171823
>How do I get her in the mood

make her drunk.

buy some sweet fruity liqueur shit, girls like this.
>>
>>38189823
Start light and easy, titrate to effect, back off if it gets to be too much.

>>38189828
I just google it, and I'm literally Ronnie Coleman, so you should be fine.
>>
File: 1470148422072.jpg (236KB, 1536x1537px) Image search: [Google]
1470148422072.jpg
236KB, 1536x1537px
>>>/lgbt/6681996
Could someone answer this?
I was reminded by it and realised I'd forgotten.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I fuck up 2 bags of these fuckers everyday. No dipping shit.

Is there such thing as eating too many baby carrots? Is eating this amount of carrots a good or bad thing
>>
File: Adriana is hot.png (672KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Adriana is hot.png
672KB, 720x540px
>>38191130
Your shit will be a little orange but I binge on those all the time

Anyone else notice when they take a week off to recharge from a pretty hard cardio routine (9 weeks 6 days a week) that their body increases in aesthetics 9000%? But if I take two weeks of I am a fat tub of shit again?
>>
Has anyone ever tried German Volume Training?

Is it a good program/did it work for you?
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.