[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT - Questions that don't deserve their own thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

File: passion of the crossfit.webm (2MB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
passion of the crossfit.webm
2MB, 426x426px
Last one is at 300+
>>
>>38145024
That looks fun. If this is what they do in crossfit then I might try it out.
>>
Is there any point in doing flat bench when you're going for aesthetics and not for powerlifting?

I've only recently started doing incline and decline bench and I've seen so many new gains I didn't know were possible. Now if I'm already hitting incline and decline, is there any more reason to hit flat?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (64KB, 1194x311px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
64KB, 1194x311px
I want to know if I'm being trolled. Saw pic related in another thread. So is that what people consider here to be half squats? Are only ATG squats considered to be full ROM squats? I thought hips going below the knees was sufficient.
>>
>>38145024
What the literal fuck. Do they do this shit just to make the plebs look stupid?
>>
any tips for deadlifting and squatting ordinary sandbags with a rope handle in the middle of them?

is it ok to deadlift them with the sandbags oriented lengthways between your legs? it feels awkward doing it with the sandbags always in front of my body
>>
>>38145071
lmao this is the staff at barbell brigade

Strong dudes that just like to fuck around

Look up "thestrongjewish" on Instagram
>>
>>38145063
The correct answer is that it depends. And that's where the discussion stems from. Depth depends on the length of your bodyparts, your flexibility and if you're squatting low or high bar.

Generally if you're a normal human being with low bar hitting parallel is a full squat, on high bar hitting parallel is a half squat.

Only full rom without breaking form is a full squat.
>>
>>38145024
What does /fit/ think of crossfit?
Did my first day today
>>
>>38145104
Forgot to say, people who are not very flexible will still go as deep as they can and thus claim they're doing a full squat, resulting in said discussion.

What is important is that you use the full range of motion, however deep that may be. But if you can't go deeper than parallel on high squats, then it's time to start stretching.
>>
I got diarreah from drinking or eating contaminated water/food since Sunday

I still have it a little, should I go to the gym today? I'm thinking it might be unsafe. I guess swimming is out of the question
>>
So I'm a poorfag and don't have money for a gym membership. What are the best bodyweight exercises to gain some muscle definition, bear in mind, that I don't want to get big, or ripped. I just want to stop being a weakling with the power of a child.
>>
>>38145104
>>38145118
I go down until my hip is slightly below my knees on high bar; am I doing it right?

>low bar hitting parallel is a full squat, on high bar hitting parallel is a half squat

That kinda confuses me a bit; wouldn't a low bar squat hitting parallel have like 0.75 the ROM of high bar hitting parallel? I tried high bar ATG but it feels like I completely stop at the bottom and I can't come up so I've been going deep enough for hips to be below knees like I said earlier.
>>
>>38145073
Idk about deadlifts, but I used to pick up sandbags like atlas stones in strongman, put them on my shoulders and do squats that way.
>>
>>38145063
When doing high bar, lots of people will have different opinions. You'll get powerlifters who just barely break parallel and you'll get oly lifters that go full ATG. Both will consider it full ROM.

Low bar is a different story. When I go as deep as I can with low bar I tend to get considerable buttwink so I just break parallel which is still fine. Many others also just barely break parallel with low bar simply because the bar placement makes it harder to go full ATG
>>
>>38145147
>I tried high bar ATG but it feels like I completely stop at the bottom and I can't come up
Sounds to me like you have the flexibility to go a2g but you don't go full rom anyway because you simply lack the strength.
>>
>>38145151
i suppose that works, i dont want to risk ripping them though, and i dont know if im up to squatting 40kg yet
>>
If I can't go workout for 2 weeks due to vacation and stomach flu, how much gains would I lose
Can I expect to have to lower the weights as well?
>>
>>38145181
I can squat 2pl8 with the form I described earlier (5x5). The last time I did ATG was with 1pl8 and I had to bail out on the 4th rep. I felt stupid because it was a particularly crowded gym and I was a complete noob back then. Should I go back to attempting ATG with lower weights?
>>
>>38145142
pull ups
push ups
chin ups
squats
sprints
muscle ups
haniging leg raises and window wipers
pick up objects that have some sort of wheight behind them, my gym shut for a week once and i had to deadlift and squat my dad.

alot of parks by me have started putting in some crude workout equiptment so you could use that if they have it near you.

also most commercial gyms around me are around £10 a month, surely you can afford that, if not its time to get a job.
>>
>>38145199
Went on a 2 week vacation with a fever (not the stomach flu) and I came back and found it very hard to move weights that I was moving much easier before vacation.

Had to take a deload and work my way back up. Wasn't too big of a deload (only 20lbs), but still.

Just try to get some form of exercise and don't let your future gym performance affect how much you enjoy your vacation. It's a vacation my dude, kick back and relax. There's no rush in weightlifting. You got years to improve. So enjoy this vacation, cause vacations are rare.
>>
>>38145199
I only got a handful of workouts in in 2 months due to work. Lost 10 pounds. Noticably smaller.

Not sure how much weaker I got since I didn't overdo it yesterday but fuck am I sore today.

Do some pushups and chins if at all possible so you're at least doing something. Throw some split squats in there too.
>>
Anyone here dealt with post weight loss gyno? i used to be 330 pounds now down to 185
>>
>>38145280
Post pics
>>
>>38145024
Holy shit I'm crying
>>
>>38145249
I just came back, now stomach is kill
>>
Are any of these dudes natty?
Not planning on juicing so just want to readjust my expectations (started lifting this month)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzCXnAAGp4Q
>>
guys can i build something with weighted pullups, push ups, chin ups etc? if i eat well
also do bench with 20kg (no more weight) and standing military press
>>
is there a /fit/ approved mobility guide for people not being able to go into a squat? i think my hamstrings are too tight but the link in the sticky doesn't work
>>
Is fasted cardio a meme?
>>
>>38145024
What kind of cardiovascular gains do you get from high rep bodyweight stuff? It obviously won't be as good as distance running or whatever, but I want to use it to avoid fucking up my leg day. Also, is it a reasonable way to blow more calories?
>>
File: 1469324754177.jpg (195KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1469324754177.jpg
195KB, 728x546px
So I workout with a barbell at my place, and I just pinched a nerve in my back and is pretty much paralyzed here, managed to drag myself to the chair.
The reason it happened is that my back is fucked up, strong kyphosis, some scoliosis, osteochondrosis and w/e else, so my form often suffers. This is not the first time it happened.
So I ask you, /fit/, should I get a gym membership and switch to machines only so I could get at least some weightlifting in, while sparing my back?
Or should I switch to bodyweight only, spending my days climbing stuff and doing 30 variations of pushups?
And if you could just tell me you love me, it would sooth my pain a bit and maybe I'll be able to get some water and painkillers from the kitchen.
>>
>>38145114
If it helps you reach your goals then do it. Make sure you have a decent trainer though and be aware that the injury rate is kind of high.
>>
>>38145024
Is it normal to BB rows almost as much as you can Bench Press?
I can row 185x5 and my bench is 195x5
>>
>>38145903
You visit a physiotherapist, understand your existing conditions and you new injury, and work on a plan to rehabilitate and build strength in the future.

You may also want to work with a suitably qualified personal trainer who can help you make the decision about which exercises you are able to do.

You need professional advice and guidance.
>>
Is 10 min of moderate intensity cardio daily enough to keep your heart healthy?
>>
>>38145938
Completely depends on the rest of your lifestyle.

If you're a morbidly obese chain smoker it won't make much difference.
>>
What are some things that may cause some strength loss?

Background: I went from 265 down to 202 over the past 10 months. I was going on a 10 day vacation so I knew I would miss some gym time. I decided to take a diet break, eating at maintenance for the week before my vacation. Went on vacation, didn't measure anything but my weight was within 0.5 lbs by time I was back home. I kept my maintenance eating, for the week after and instead of progressing my lifts I redid the week before my vacation to 'ease' back into it. What I found was that I was missing 1-2 reps from every set. I assumed it was just from taking the time off. So after that I resumed my diet (-500), but over the last 2 weeks none of my upper body lifts have hit where they were pre-vacation. I keep failing 1-2 reps short. My weight has stayed the exact same (within +/- 0.2 lbs)

-I'm sleeping fine, 8-8.5 hrs a night
-Eating clean, same as before
-No real added stress, relatively low stress job, beyond just having to clock in 40 a week

If my weight was going down I guess I could see a minor strength loss but its staying the same but i'm just losing reps.
>>
>>38144535
>>
>>38146000
Try testing a 1 rp max
>>
>>38146000
Well if you're constantly missing 1-2 reps, you're not using the same volume as you were to build the strength in the first place - besides the fact you're on a cut.

As long as you're not progressively getting worse then I wouldn't worry too much about what happens on a cut

If you are getting progressively worse, then you're probably overreaching - cut the weight on the bar and build back up so you're not 'failing' every set
>>
>>38146015
Pretty much any trail running shoes. Good grip, light weight and rugged.
>>
>>38146056
Adding to this, I'd just attempt to break volume PRs while you build up to previous workout intensity.
>>
>>38146017
>>38146056

Thanks ill give them both a shot. I guess being a new lifter i've gotten used to progressing every workout and seeing a stall, or even missing a rep or two is frustrating since I know I was able to lift it before.
>>
>>38145574
You can build something - pressing muscles will lack tho as just doing more and more reps with 20kg wont do much

>>38145829
Yeah

>>38145717
Hamstring mobility is almost never the culprit for squats

It depends on how and why you cant manage to squat to determine what to do - but any hamstring stretch will work if that's what you want to try

Check out defrancos limber 11 which is pretty high on hip mobility

>>38145915
Yeah that's fine

People can tend to bench more just because they train it more

>>38145897
Yeah it's fine for what you're describing
>>
How can i convince my gym buddy to train his shoulders with full effort?
>>
Best app or resource for paleo diet meals?
>>
>>38146384
Lead by example. He probably doubts your method because your shoulders are small.
>>
>>38145234
>deadlift and squat my dad
did I read that correct?
>>
File: 2013-04-09_152530.png (166KB, 276x355px) Image search: [Google]
2013-04-09_152530.png
166KB, 276x355px
Trying to find a fitness couple gif/webm where a blonde chick literally climbs under and over her bf's body. shamelessly asking around to see if anyone else remembers who they were
>>
I always take my protein post strength workout, but is it worth anything to take it after a cardio workout like a hockey game or something?
>>
>>38145024
Is SS as good as they say or should i use another workout program
>>
When will I start seeing progress after I start lifting? Lanklet btw
>>
>>38145199
Idk about how much gains you'll lose, but you might look smaller since the "pump" would be gone.
You'd probably have to deload a bit and work your way back up which is not a problem
>>
>>38145903
I love you, bro
>>
There was this screencap where some guy told /fit/ about his custom workout soundtrack he had some girls on /soc/ record for him. He'd masturbate to edging, do his routine, then cum. He'd posted a link.

Anyone have the screencap, or even better, the link?
>>
File: IMG_1059.jpg (425KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1059.jpg
425KB, 960x1280px
WHAT'S THE QUICKEST WAY TO 1/2/3/4 FOR 5 REPS?

LIKE WHAT SORT OF ROUTINE WILL GET ME THERE?

CURRENTLY AT 0.5PL8 OHP, 1.5PL8 BENCH, 2PL8 SQUAT, 3PL8 DEAD.

ALSO, HOW DO YOU TAKE COLD SHOWERS FOR MORE THAN 5 SECONDS? I CAN'T STAY IN LONG ENOUGH WITHOUT MY PENIS SHRIVELLING TO RAISIN STATUS AND TO GIVE MYSELF A GOOD SCRUB.

Sorry for caps but I don't usually get replies on these boards. Have my most hnnnnnnng pic as thanks.
>>
Why am i so fucking tired? I used to be the kind of person that worked fine on 5-7 hours of sleep. Now i sleep maybe 9 hours and i feel dead before half the day has passed. It's probably not beetus, I'm tired regardless of what food routine I'm eating for the day.
>>
Any one have the source for the book about weight loss and drinking water?
>>
>>38145118
>What is important is that you use the full range of motion, however deep that may be. But if you can't go deeper than parallel on high squats, then it's time to start stretching.
I can't get to parallel without my back rounding completely. I'm going to start stretches today but I think it's going to be a long time til I can break parallel with a neutral back

does anyone have experience coming from where I am and can advise a timeframe?

want to get back to squatting heavy asap
>>
>>38146675

SS > TM. Eat like a fucking 400 lbs powerlifter and sleep like a Cinderella and it'll take you a few months.

Cold showers is just about staying calm and breathing calmly instead of hyperventilating. Just accept it.
>>
File: 1467162868717.jpg (178KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
1467162868717.jpg
178KB, 1224x1632px
So I've lost about 30 pounds in 4 months. I feel great about it but there's one issue..

My stomach area looks like absolute shit due to loose skin from the weight loss. It's really discouraging to me.

How long would it take for my skin to adjust to my new weight? What can I do to help improve / speed up the process?
>>
>>38146769
Well you could come to
L O N D O N
>>
>>38146696

You're right. You should never compromise your back for depth. Some people aren't built for squatting and may only hit parallel. It doesn't matter if it's high bar or low bar. People are obsessed with depth for no reason. Sure mobility and streching can improve depth a bit, but you can't change the structure of your body. Full range of motion is the deepest you can go without rounding your back. Period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkQb2LJtLgo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X1GkG2YgXw&t=1m36s
>>
I'm doing StrongLifts and I like it

I however think I'm wasting days because of the resting periods I need to do.

When is a good time to include accesories to my routine? Also since I want a nice butt I was thinking of adding BB hip thrust or BB glute bridge but I'm just starting with the program and I don't know if I would be overdoing it.
>>
>>38146677
7 to 7.30 hours sleep max
altho when i slept 8.30 h to 9h i felt very strong when lifting heavy compared to 7 hours downside being that you always feel drowsy
>>
>Scooby as a fuckhueg chest and he doesn't do bench press or dips

Am I being memed? Can that really be achieved without them?
>>
>>38146769

It will fix itself eventually, just keep working out.

Unless you can't stand going 6 months without cock, in which case look on google (the answer will probably be surgery)
>>
How can I increase my grip strength?
Also as a taller guy, how can I go lower on squats?
>>
>>38146813
I watched both of the videos, this is the problem I'm having.
I was posting here yesterday about knee pain most likely caused by not squatting deep enough, maybe 2 inches above parallel.
I'm going to stop squatting for now until I have improved my flexibility, it seems like at the moment, I'll either hurt my knees by not going low enough or my back because of rounding
>>
>>38147031

post video, it's the best way to fix ur form
ur knee pain can be caused by a million different things
>>
>>38146831
You're a beginner you don't know shit about how much rest you need.

That being said, 1-2 isolation exercises at the end of your workout probably won't hurt your recovery. That being said, low bar squatting three times a week will already give you a great butt.
>>
>>38145063
I go ATG when I do high bar but only slightly below paralell when i low bar squat. I used to do ATG with low bar but I lose tension in my lower back in the bottom position. But as long as you're below hip crease that's an accepted squat
>>
File: 1468617422267.jpg (99KB, 529x660px) Image search: [Google]
1468617422267.jpg
99KB, 529x660px
Can I survive on a diet of fish, rice, broccoli, carrot, cauliflower and beet? I don't work out or exercise.
>>
>>38147109
Easily.
>>
So when I was growing up, I was a really fussy eater. I'd avoid vegetables. Eat quite unhealthy.

Only veg I would eat was cucumber and lettuce.

Now I'm older, being more aware of healthy living and want to do better. I've already cut out soft drinks, I've cut out unhealthy snacks as best I can.

My big problem though is, I still struggle with vegetables. We've got a new canteen at work and yesterday I bought a salad box with beef.

This thing had a lot of broccoli, this red lettuce looking vegetable, and the strip's of beef. I struggled to eat it.

Today was better, had grilled chicken on green leaves, some pepper and sweet potato. I ate most of it, but struggled with the peppers and had to drown the flavour with chicken.

So how do I tackle my struggle with vegetables?
>>
I first need to lose some stomach fat that I've had for ages. Do I lift or focus on cardio?
>>
>>38147134
https://youtu.be/IJGIMd3_LfY?t=113
let this inspire you
>>
>>38146831
You need the rest because you've never exercised before and your body needs to get used to it. When you're done with your noob gains in 4-8 months you can switch to an intermediate program and they all have LOTS of volume.

Add 2 high rep accessories after each workout. Rdls are also nice for hamstrings/ass and will help your deadlift.
>>
>>38147006
Keep lifting. Your grip is being trained with every exercise you do. But if you want isolate forearms you can do heavy farmer walks or alternating suitcase carry
>>
>>38147056
I'll try to film something tomorrow
>>
>>38147134

the secret of eating a salad is learning how to proper season them.

and well, I use only olive oil. I hate vinegar and don't really use salt. Others use lemon and whatnot. Find out what agrees with you and use it.

just keep it like your salad, light. don't go overboard with dressings and shit, just the basic season.
>>
>>38147172
You need to focus on your diet
>>
>>38146928
Yes.
>>38147006
Farmer's walks, stop using mixed grip until you absolutely have to.
Just...go lower, what's the issue? Height has nothing to do with it.
>>38147172
Focus on your diet. It's infinitely easier to omit 500 calories from your diet than it is to run off 500 calories.
>>38147134
>>>/ck/
>>
>>38147071
>>38147191

Thanks for the advice, yeah I know that I should rest I just didn't feel sore but you are right.

I will add next week the accesories, thankyou
>>
Guys I just started but I've noticed something

Anything I do I start vibrating like a motherfucker, radical larry levels of vibrating literally shaking.

I can't squeeze my buttcheeks without shaking, is this because my muscles are shit or is it a symptom of something else?
>>
>>38146675
Slowly ease the water increasingly colder and take slow deep breaths.
Also post more
>>
Any step counting app that you would recommend or they all suck?
>>
>>38147512
>counting steps
for what purpose?

>>38147339
either fried cns or you've got something wrong with you.
>>
>>38147339
It's because you just started, it's normal. Just wait for a while and it'll be mostly gone.
>>
>>38147252
>>38147237
Have already sorted my diet a lot. Have cut weight and adding in exercise now.

>>38147185
I'm not that bad.

>>38147235
These are salads I'm buying at work. And struggling with parts of the salads. Like broccoli.
>>
>>38147116
What other vegetables would you recommend?
>>
>>38147542
>>counting steps
>for what purpose?
I want to know how many steps I'm walking when I'm not running and just lifting.
>>
>>38147653
Celery, cabbage (any kind), fava beans, lettuce, chard, spinach, etc
>>
>>38147673
for what purpose?
>>
File: 1438391466224.jpg (153KB, 1024x1269px) Image search: [Google]
1438391466224.jpg
153KB, 1024x1269px
I'm a complete novice. I wanna work out for ottermode aesthetics, and I hear SS isn't good for that.

What do
>>
>>38147698
>ottormode: big shoulders and chest
>Do SS minus squats, prioritizing bench press and shoulder press
>diet accordingly
>>
>>38147698
Cut until you get to 15% bf, pullups& dips, run 5k 3 times a week.
>>
Is there an alternative for my fitness pal?

It doesn't register how much calories I burn in the gym and sometimes doesn't even count the nutrition facts of my food
>>
Good exercises for building mass in the obliques instead of side bend w/ dumbbells? I'm trying to fix my fucking birthing hips.
>>
>>38147722
At what speed should I do the 5k? Roughly
>>
I've always kept fit and healthy, but recently i've been more and more interested in it. I climb, swim, and cycle currently - and my body is lean with definition. My question is this - what can I do to build a little more muscle mass? Not hollywood tier. Aesthetic tier.

Thanks /fit/.
>>
>>38147752
25-30

maybe try to cycle through fast runs and slow ones
>>
>>38147750
Side planks, oblique leg lifts, any rotational exercise such as Russian twists, landmine 180 etc.

>>38147731
Most wont track work in the gym cause it's too difficult to tell. Your activity levels should be accounted into your tdee anyway so you shouldn't take off for exercise

>>38147763
Lift weights.
>>
>>38147787
Thank you.
>>
>>38147763
lift heavy weights and eat more

>Not hollywood tier. Aesthetic tier.
lol, what does that even mean.
>>
>>38147752
this >>38147776
>>
File: fuck_making_it.jpg (41KB, 634x566px) Image search: [Google]
fuck_making_it.jpg
41KB, 634x566px
>>38145033
>what are joints for
>>
>>38147763
What's aesthetic tier? Pics of example?
>>
File: 0wJFKCe9PsQ.jpg (234KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
0wJFKCe9PsQ.jpg
234KB, 960x960px
How does swallowing bull semen between sets help me to gain any mass? My gym mentor told me to do so, said it is a healthy masculine diet, I doubt that 3 scoops of semen per day are enough.
>>
>>38147797
>>38147818

Zac Efron in the film with Seth Rogen.
>>
Should I do seated DB shoulder press one arm at a time or both same time?
>>
>>38147864
ideally both

>>38147839
you sound like a girl who doesn't want to eat too much protein because she doesn't want to bulk up too much
>>
Am i a pussy for only working out one muscle group a day after not lifting for over a year?

I'm trying to slowly get back into my old routine, but god damn is it hard.
>>
File: Triceps_brachii.png (142KB, 510x514px) Image search: [Google]
Triceps_brachii.png
142KB, 510x514px
What is the best way to train biceps at home (I have no barbell, but i have dumbells)
>>
>>38147908

Alternate deadlifts and squats don't be a faggot
>>
I just started SS. I've read the sticky, all that I need to know. If I get dedicated to it with a good diet, what results can I expect to see? How will my body change? This is an honest question, no bullshitting.
>>
>>38147916
Curl them

>>38147908
FULL BODY

>>38147864
depends what you're doing it for. For basic strength/hypertrophy do both
>>
>>38147908
not a pussy but you sound like a retard who doesn't know what he's doing.

>>38147916
curls, pullups/chinups
>>
Best carbs while cutting?
>>
>>38148051
no carbs (or vegetables)

>>38148024
you can expect to see strength increases and minor muscle growth. No one can answer how your body will change.
>>
how long are you supposed to rest after a set?
>>
>>38148075
Minor muscle growth? What should I add in if I want to see muscle size increase?
>>
>>38148131
there is no hardset rule. Generally 2-3 minutes, but shorter for working on your endurance or longer if you're working on strength

>>38148134
do a body building routine, not a beginner strength routine
>>
>>38148134
More reps. 8-12 range for 3-5 sets
>>
>>38148151

thanks
>>
When cutting, does anyone find their farts are more often and pretty horrible smelling?

What can I do to reduce this?
>>
>>38148151
Any bodybuilding routines you would recommend?
>>
>>38146675
EAT MORE

KEEP DOING THE EXERCISES

THAT'S IT

THAT'S LITERALLY IT
>>
>>38148174
>cutting
you eat a lot of fiber to make it easier? fiber gives you gas
>>
why don't I feel my pecs when I can't move my hands independently of each other (like bb bench or pushups)?
I feel them hard when I do db bench or flies or anything on the cable tower but benching with a barbell is hugely uncomfortable and not really straining on my pecs at all. I tried different hand positions, from very narrow to pretty wide but not one of them really felt "right".
>>
I eat 2500 calories a day trying to bulk and according to Google only burn 180 calories working out. Literally wtf that can't be right aren't I supposed to burn close to like 1000?
>>
>>38148225
I have upped my intake of greens and stuff. Is there anything I can do to reduce? Or is it just eat less fibre?
>>
>>38148239
>aren't I supposed to burn close to like 1000
no. As simple as that.
>>
>>38148254
less fibre then. some bacteria in your stomach or so eat it and produce the gas
>>
>>38148075
>2016
>no carb diets
>>
>>38148239
exercise barely makes a tic on calories burned. What makes you think you're burning 1000 calories?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eml6f9g_Yhw
>>
>>38148239
>>38148306
shit, meant this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztiHRiFXtoc
>>
File: 1453445903021.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1453445903021.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>38148226
didn't you ask that question a few days ago?
just look at powerlifters, they don't have much, but sure a huge chest
>>
>>38148278
So is this a sign I'm eating to much fibre? Or to much fibre compared to other stuff?
>>
So I've been doing SL for 4 months. I'm stalling and am wondering if I should start SS and get the book. Is it too late? I want to get to 1/2/3/4 before doing splits, is it even worth it?
>>
>>38148329
actually abandoned this board for about a month so no, it wasn't me. It's possible of course that someone else asked that.
Can you tell my what I'm doing wrong/why I'm feeling that way?
>>
Just started to recover my gym routine after going off the deep end (gf broke up with me and I lifted for women).

My roommate got a new high-paying job and he buys alcohol and pizza often, how can I refuse without coming off a killjoy?
>>
>>38148332
don't know. to much fiber.
>>
when i do dumbbell rows, kroc row might be the correct term, i tend to rotate my body so that the arm on the dumbbell creates a 75 degree angle with my chest instead of a 90 degree angle. because of this i feel a good stretch on my upper back.
however, i dont know if this is actually a stretch on my shoulder or some small muscle or tendon in the back that shouldnt be stretched, and i dont know if im just fucking myself up, because while this helps me lift heavier, i also felt a pop during one of my reps, and i got worried.

is what im doing harmful?
>>
Bodybuilding routine for size recommendations?
>>
>>38148383
get him into lifting
>>
>>38148358
SL and SS like most beginner strength programs are pretty much the same. You'll be doing a lateral move. You're probably not eating enough if you're stalling.

>>38148383
just say no thanks and don't make a big deal out of it

>>38148420
>>
>>38148420
for beginners strength training with sets of 5 lead to the best size gains

for intermediate/advanced look how rich piana trains and try to figure out how a routine for nattys might look like
>>
File: 1461781342269.jpg (54KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
1461781342269.jpg
54KB, 500x327px
>>38145024
So if I can't do a single real pullup, which will get me there faster? Negatives, or half pushups? (Staring with upper arm parallel)

Should I be doing a mix of both?
>>
>>38148515
>pushups
I meant pullups shit
>>
>>38148414
doesn't sound very dangerous to me. that popping was some air that got trapped in a wrong place. I really don't think you can snap your shoulder up with dumbell rows
>>
>>38148515
negatives but there's no reason to not do both.
>>
>>38148515
lat pull downs are of course the best choice but if I had to choose between those two I'd do half pullups. just do more and more range of motion everytime
>>
rate this routine please

ABCABCX

A
BP 5x5
OHP 5x5
Dip 5x8
Lat raise 5x10

B
Chinup 5x5
Row 5x5
Shrug 5x8
Curl 5x10

C
DL 1x5
SQ 5x5
Crunch 5x10
Calf Raise 5x10
>>
whole milk or 2%?
>>
File: 1444796017277.jpg (74KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1444796017277.jpg
74KB, 640x360px
>>38148615
you will overtrain. you shouldn't be so confident thinking you can make your own routine with your zero knowledge

>>38148619
0.3% masterrace reporting in
>>
I'm trying to cut fat through weightlifting so I'm doing stronglifts. I'm 5'10" and 170lbs. I want to cut down to 150lbs. How many calories should I be eating a day?
>>
>>38145024
That guy in the webm is doing crossfit right? right?
>>
Is it bad I'm doing Sumo Deadlift on day A and Romanian Deadlift on day B? I'm afraid this is too much strain on my back/hamstring for a 4day split. If so, any suggestions to replace the Romanian? I want that tight ass activation
>>
>act aggressive and confident
>end up fucking a girl and feel like a literal rapist by coercing a girl into having sex
>act like I don't want it and am not aggressive
>end up being literally invisible to every woman at the party

Where do I fucking go with self improvement here?
Ive spent the last 3 years working on improving myself and making myself more marketable in the sexual market and I either feel like a scumbag and they never talk to me or I will never get an ounce of attention from women.

I'm so fucking lost and ready to quit trying to be social all together
>>
>>38148619
which ever has the calorie and protein profile that meats your dietary needs.

>>38148720
cut fat through diet, not exercise. Figure out your TDEE and eat less than it depending on how fast you want to lose weight.
>>
Does drinking raw eggs provide the same nutrients/protein as cooking them? Also does cooking them in different ways effect this or am I being retarded?
>>
>>38145135
>i think it might be unsafe
no, don't go. how important is going one day in the grand scheme of things?
certainly not as important as your health.
>>
I can't feel the right side of my back when I'm sitting down. It's like it's underdeveloped and the left side compensates and is always stiff. How can I fix this? Constant back pain is killing me.
>>
>>38148746
maybe you're not looking good enough
>>
>>38148748
I was eating 1200 calories a day for three months and I didnt get any results. Then bumped it up to 1500 and still no results. My TDEE is 1600 and I weighed/measued everything twice
>>
>>38148753
you got your answer yesterday. Use google
>>
How much of a faggot will I look when I'm using chalk to pull a less than 3 pl8 deadlift? My grip strength is holding me back so I bought some chalk.
>>
>>38145234
>deadlift and squat my dad
what is going on
please be trolling or my jimmies are rustled
>>
>>38148785
please donate your body to science.
>>
Are probiotics a meme?
>>
>>38148670
>you will overtrain
this is just a meme unless you lift fucking heavy or you are old
>>
>>38148515
Negatives all the way

Full range of motion and good muscle building and stabilizing work
also you can't cheat so much.
>>
>>38148808
Just don't crumble up the chalk and throw it up in the air and no one will really notice. Keep the chalk in a brick otherwise the owners may make you do a push/pull set of vacuum rollers after your workout.
>>
File: 1468444955696.jpg (2MB, 1932x2191px) Image search: [Google]
1468444955696.jpg
2MB, 1932x2191px
>want to socialize more
>start going out with friends a few times a week
>there's a few girls
>one grill laughs at me and says that I'm too quiet and don't talk much, pointing this out a few times over the span of a couple days
>shrug it off and think that she has no interest in me
>she adds me on facebook
What the fuck do I talk with grills about, brehs? I'm shit at small talk and at socializing in general
I'm not interested in relationships either at this moment, but I don't want to autistically decline the friendship request either
>>
>>38148827
yeah right, fuck off
>>
>>38148874
>>>/r9k/
Fuck off, not /fit/ related.
>>
>>38148874

Just accept the request, don't overthink it.

Your problem is that you're overthinking it, treat women like you would treat your friends, remove the thought that "she's special because I can fuck her" out of your head, she's just another friend, if she wants to fug, so be it, she'll be the one to let you know.

And when I mean by friends I mean fuck and joke around with them, don't be an emotional tampon and nice guy, do exactly what you would do with a male friend.
>>
>>38148854
>>38148595
>>38148571
Alright, thanks for the advice. I'll start mixing in a bunch of both, guess there's no harm.

Cheers, anons
>>
>>38148874
Eat shit and kys
>>
>>38148817
Any real help is needed thanks, ass.
>>
I have weak knees, so I can't do high impact things, and I can't bend my knees less than 80ish degrees without them clicking. What are some good excercises for my lower body? Right now I'm just walking
>>
does anyone have advice or references for intermittent fasting?

fuck, i am so shit at dieting and cutting. i think its a horrible psychological problem that i eat so fucking much.
>>
>>38145024

How many kcal should a 6'3 ~170lb guy eat to get to like 200-220?
>>
>>38149124
>not enough information
Eat precisely 200 over estimated TDEE until you start slowly gaining weight.

Fucking duh.
>>
>>38148794
The answer was to cook them. Didn't say if it made any difference
>>
I can do chin ups ez but whenever I try pull ups, I get a sharp pain in the shoulder. Anyway around this or am I just fucked
>>
>>38149078
slow eccentric and isomatric squts ,squat holds, RDLs etc.
also try obalance out your antagoists are equally strong

>>38149104
Coffee wth MCT+butter+Fibre

Book: Perfect health diet
Pdf:
http://danjohn.net/wp-content/uploads/Intermittent-Fasting_Precision-Nutrition.pdf

Best for binge eater like me.
>>
>>38146637
Bumping this cos' I reall want to know. I had the screencap but don't seem to be able to find it.
>>
>>38145566
he looks like a fucking faggot, who cares
>>
>>38145024
why is crossfit killing jesus?
>>
What do I do to have a body like Scooby?
>>
>>38149326
sounds like impingement. if it happens at all grip widths there's prob not much you can do about it. you're not missing out though, chins are pretty gr8
>>
>>38149386
>also try obalance out your antagoists are equally strong
What does this mean?
>>
>>38149773
sorry

that your counter working muscles are equally strong
f.e. Biceps and triceps
pull and push
>>
>>38149947
Okay, thanks. There are like hundreds of videos on "proper" RDL form, most of them showing different things, which ones can I trust?
>>
Quick and simple question, I hope. Currently 5'11 ~162lbs skinnyfat with a big gut and BF% around 15% according to my scale

My TDEE is around 2,950 and I've been cutting down to 2,000 a day with around 170g protein, 100g carbs and 50g fats. Is this, plus doing my normal workouts, plus core workouts every other night, plus 20 min running every other day (burns 200 cals) enough to burn BF% or do I need to adjust my diet a bit more?
>>
>>38149605
Skateboard squats and have a gay lover named Scott.
>>
If I edge right before a workout will it gave benefits?
>>
>>38149981
the Butt back ones

Locked lower back and pushing your butt back, so your hamstrings get loaded
you can try it on a wall

Back to the wall dand push you butt against it
take a iitle step forward and push your butt in the direction and try to reach the wall
>>
>>38148326
Shows a dude from a developing country playing soccer, that's pretty racist to be honest
>>
>>38148515
The best way to improve your pullups is to jump up to the bar and hold your upper body, and then slowly let yourself down.

Keep doing this over and over every time you work out. Then after a few weeks of doing that you can then begin the process of actually pulling yourself up... but first you need to train your body to hold itself up there and then let yourself down slowly.
>>
>>38148874
The best way is to imagine she has a penis and probably laughs at fart jokes... that usually helps my anxiety.
>>
My gym buddy and other gym goers always do 1 muscle group a day is this good or should i do alll muscle groups everyday
>>
File: jNNCy.png (754KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
jNNCy.png
754KB, 650x488px
So I started squatting at random times and places like pic related, with a rounded back. I remember watching a Rippetoe video saying that it's pretty normal if you don't have a bar on your back.
However, I have this friend that doesn't shut up about how squatting with a rounded back will snap my shit up. Can someone post a trustworthy source to counter him? Mind you, I'm talking about holding the bottom position of a bodyweight squat.
>>
File: msdgf.jpg (54KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
msdgf.jpg
54KB, 500x489px
Do pain medications such as ibuprofen kill gains?
>>
How's my squat form look?

https://youtu.be/9kGn_8-m_Yg

Only 275 but iv done 315 before
>>
>>38151229
Jesus. Look up third world squats
>>
>>38151271
I did but had no luck finding what I'm looking for.
>>
File: .jpg (97KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
97KB, 1280x1024px
I'm a beginner that want's to get fucking massive.
Will the Schwarzenegger's Golden Six(TM) routine get me there? It's so god damn simple compared to all the other workout programs I've seen here, including the ones in the sticky.
>>
>>38145024
At what point do I stop doing SS?
>>
>>38152216
Depends on your goals, but if you're male you definitely want to stay on it until you're repping 1/2/3/4 at least. If you go off it or add shit to it too early you'll just slow down your gains.
>>
>>38152733
Okay, I got a ways to go then. Thanks.
>>
any time i do any of the big four lifts or rows my lower back gets sore. It doesn't hurt unless I compress it by pushing my hips back and chest forward. Am i fucking up on my lifts or is this normal.
>>
I believe in experiencing ulnar nerve entrapment on bench press. My elbow begins to tingle during the latter sets when benching heavy (for me) and I begin to struggle a little.
>>
>>38151355
It's a good start. You'll need to do something different eventually, but you'll be able to figure it out for yourself. Diet, sleep, and consistency are more important than details of routine.

>>38152216
When you want to, or when it stops working.

>>38152765
>I compress it by pushing my hips back and chest forward.
I have no idea what you're talking about. Pic?
>>
>>38145049
Meh more volume but don't go heavy. Just get those hypertrophy reps
>>
/fit,

I quit lifting 3 years ago, went from 450kg total@ 75kg to a dyel ottermode looking junkie

will you nerds body shame if I show myself a gym again? What are the new greentexts to avoid? is SS still a thing? enlighten me to the past few years brehs.
>>
>>38145063
Atg is full range. A 90 degree squat is half rep. Practice full unless you're specifically training for powerlifting competitions
>>
>>38153391
welcome to tumblr and normie town.

people who were capable of making the sticky are gone, and homosexuals and "body positive" advocates galore. if you don't think an obese woman is beautiful it means you have lower testosterone, and skinnifat guys are more prestigious then you because they are "dadbods" as seen on buzzfeed.

welcome to hell. welcome to /tumblrfit/ we have a transvestite tripfag.

well, but this pic related was funny though.
>>
It's not exactly fitness related but it is seriously interfering with me hooking up and makes me self conscious to talk to people in general.

What the fuck is up with my breath? I brush twice a day but don't floss and my breath always smells pretty bad. I almost never talk to anyone in person anymore and when I do I make sure to always speak away from them. Is there anything I can do to fix this? This has destroyed all the confidence I've gained from lifting and I hate it.
>>
Currently 20% bodyfat, 5"11, 166lb.
Firstly: If I do a ottermode cut+routine will I just be auschwitzmode? I'm assuming yes but I'd like confirmation.
Secondly: What's a routine for aesthetics I can do at these stats. I've been lifting for a while and fairly strong, but never done anything for aesthetics
>>
Whats the healthiest position to sit on the floor for long periods of time
>>
>>38153559
Criss cross apple sauce
>>
>>38151268
looks like buttcurl
>>
I'm having trouble with shoulder mobility for the low bar squat. It literally hurts trying to get my arms into correct position. What are some good shoulder mobility stretches/exercies?
>>
Absolute dyel fag here. Been lifting for 2 weeks and I've seen meme magic vein gains. They haven't popped out yet, but I can definitely see them clearer than before. When should I expect them to pop out if I continue my lifts?(Wanted to set a goal for myself)
>>
>>38149577
underrated
>>
File: 1450573360094.jpg (288KB, 1280x1175px) Image search: [Google]
1450573360094.jpg
288KB, 1280x1175px
reposting

Macro advice needed.

>5'5'', 130lbs, F
Working out and on a slight cut
>TDEE 1600cal

Using various calculators and formulas, my protein intake should be around 100g-120g daily. When using MyFitnessPal to help calculate macros, this puts protein in my diet at 25% roughly. Fats and carbs making up 75% of my diet seems kind of high. Opinions?

On avg I'm eating 150g of carbs daily (35%), 75g of fats daily (40%) and 110g protein daily (25%)

My natural inclination is to try to cut fats and increase protein more, but would that be a waste assuming I'm currently eating in a decent range for daily protein?
>>
File: progressiveoverload.png (189KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
progressiveoverload.png
189KB, 1024x768px
What's a good beginner routine for a grill who is kind of on the chubbier side?

Here's what I have in mind:

Workout A
Squats 3x5
Bench 3x5
Assisted Chinup 3x5
Glute bridge 3x8
Bicep curls(optional) 3x10
Planks or other ab work

Workout B
Front squat 3x5
The Press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Glute Bridge 3x8
Tricep extension(optional) 3x10
Planks or other ab work

Squats add 5 lbs per session
Deads add 10 lbs per session(then 5 later)
Presses at 2.5 lbs per session

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

With cardio or active rest on off days. Do you think this is a good plan for grills?
>>
>>38145024
I am in a bit of a pickle at the moment.

I used to weigh 275, but got my weight down to 205. I got recruited for football and coach want me to put my weight up. Problem is I am terrified that I am gonna get fat again if I do so and I don't know what to do. Pls give advice.
>>
>>38155234
What does coach want your weight to be?

Diet at a surplus, but be careful. Don't go too overboard or eat lots of junk. You should know your body and know what makes it fat.
>>
If i'm bulking and finding that i'm not putting on enough weight, is it necessarily a bad thing to top up my daily intake with empty calories from carbs like bread?
I just need more calories right?
>>
>>38155258
How much do you weigh?

If you are really skinny, then just eat. Eat eat eat. Doesn't matter what it is.
>>
>>38155254
Wants me to be atleast 220-225.
>>
File: 1414424537499.jpg (72KB, 576x720px) Image search: [Google]
1414424537499.jpg
72KB, 576x720px
>>38153501
>I brush twice a day but don't floss

Already found your problem
>>
Is eating eggs and almonds in the same meal bad?
>>
>>38155271

I'm very skinny.
I'm 6'2'' and 155 pounds.

put on 10 pounds since I started bulking but I already feel like I'm slowing down
>>
Hi guys ex-fatty here.5'10" I used to be 100 KGS (220lbs)but got down to 78 KGS(172lbs). But then I left the gym and am at 83 KGS (183lbs). However I have 6 months before I go off to uni and resumed gym.

How much can I realistically lose? Also what should my ideal weight be? Around 70kg?

Will I be able to go shirtless for a change?
>>
Yesterday when doing squats after one of the reps I felt a sudden pain in my chest and it only went away some time today. I am fairly new to lifting and warmed up before starting to squat. Anyone know what it's from?
>>
File: 1469577043942.jpg (28KB, 599x594px) Image search: [Google]
1469577043942.jpg
28KB, 599x594px
is there a guide or image that i can follow for a proper diet?
>>
File: Gasworks Chimney.jpg (62KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Gasworks Chimney.jpg
62KB, 480x640px
I've been doing ICF for coming up three months now and I have a few questions:
When I shrug I get sharp pain in my right shoulder, what exercises could I sub in? I've had some recommended but would like more opinions.
Does anyone have a particular video for showing row form? I've watched a few but they all look different, I just don't feel like I am doing it just right
Would making one day of rows 3x8 rather than 5x5 be a big deal?
Opinions on subbing in pull-ups/chin-ups instead of curls some days?
Any way to tell if I'm doing tri extensions correctly? again, I feel like I am hitting my forearm rather than my tri. Could I sub in another exercise here as well?
I feel like I may to switching to 3x5 squat soon, as 5x5 is really draining and quite time consuming. This no problem?
Is it a big deal if I have to do my lifts in a slightly different order? my gym gets very full sometimes and waiting around for a squat rack can be a problem.
>>
>>38146508
>>38148816
my dad lays on the floor and i lift him by the leg and arm while he uses his core to stay stiff like a bar.

then i get him on my houlders and do some close to parralel squats

is that strange? thinking about overhead pressing my mother next time.
>>
File: x8YY38k.jpg (420KB, 1126x1001px) Image search: [Google]
x8YY38k.jpg
420KB, 1126x1001px
>>38156171
You mean like this?
>>
Are deadlifts suppose to hurt afterwards??? I don´t know if I´m swole or if I fucked up my back.
>>
>started training first day
>my arms and chest hurt already the second and third day
Should i just keep the training? I dont know why this is happening. Wanted to train whole month.
>>
>>38156893
You have to take breaks bro. If you started on Monday you have one day on, one day off until the weekend when you have two days off.
>>
>>38156923
>trained monday for 30 mins
>next day chest and arms hurt
>today only arms
Should i just train? I feel bad for skipping days.
>>
>>38156936
What he means is you need to have days off, especially if you're a novice.

Are you working your whole body everytime or did you just start with arms and chest ?
>>
>>38156936
In the beginning, I think it's more important just to build up routine, so I would say train, but perhaps lower reps or lighter weights for your arms.

If the pain becomes unbearable, it's okay to stop. The point is that you got in and tried, which keeps your routine going.

Probably what will happen is that you will start and then forget about the soreness completely.
>>
>>38156995
Well is it okay to train one day and next day off?
I have a powerstation and a weight bank and i train on them until i trained on everything once.
Its arms (that thing you pull down on powerstation) then legs (that thing from below where i sit), chest (the two things i push from left and right together in the middle) and after that i go to the weight bench.

>>38156999
So is it more important to use more time on it? Well i will train even with the soreness because i had yesterday a day off already.
>>
>>38145024
What does 2pl8 mean?
>>
>>38157045
You haven't read the sticky, have you ?
Most novice programs endorsed here on /fit/ don't use machines or barely use them, but yeah if you train fullbody every time, you'll need to rest the day after.

Routines with 2 workout days in a row don't work the same muscle groups on those same days. Now you indicated that you still felt sore after a day off : you just began training so it's not really suprising, you can try to stick to what you're doing or do less volume or intensity.

>>38157059
2pl8 = 2pl(eight)=2plates, 1 plate typically weighing 45 lbs. 2pl8 means putting 2x45 lbs plates on each end of the barbell, for a total of 4 plates on the barbell.
>>
Does anyone have that image from some manga with a woman saying something along the lines of "someone who wants someone to love them for who they are without trying to improve themselves is just self-centred"? I saw it once on here but didn't save it
Thread posts: 255
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.