[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how does protein absorb into the body? Lets say of a scoop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1378671325836.jpg (35KB, 415x594px) Image search: [Google]
1378671325836.jpg
35KB, 415x594px
So how does protein absorb into the body?

Lets say of a scoop of my isolate is 30 g

can I amp up the shake x2 and take 60 g at once?

I'm on a cut for the first time and finding it hard to meet daily req without eating like a slob
>>
File: 1415413582040.jpg (187KB, 618x428px) Image search: [Google]
1415413582040.jpg
187KB, 618x428px
please respong
>>
Stomach acid breaks down proteins into base amino acids.

And eat however much protein you want to reach your macros.
>>
>>37417588
thanks m8

I'll start my morning by drinking a 150 g protein shake
>>
>>37417459
Protein is made structurally of four calories.
Said protein is broken down by stomach acid, which afterwords is broken down further by about 2k+ grams of bacteria that we live in harmony with.
The bacteria eat the calories much like a worm and poop out a brownish paste that is raw nutrients ranging from amino acids to every vitamin and mineral we use.
Different bacteria eat different foods and develop different nutrients in their paste.
The paste (and what pieces of food that are not digested, namely fiber) are than pushed into the small intestine a little at a time.
The small intestine is the actually part of the body that absorbs most nutrients, beyond that there are only a handful of body parts that are niche in the absorbing process (skin cells for vitamin d, tongue can absorb sugars into the blood stream, etc).
The small intestine than says I'm done with this portion and moves it to the large intestine that also does very minor absorption, but in reality is just compacting the paste into the poop we know. The small intestine than opens up again and grabs a little more paste.
Various cells pass by the small intestine and act as carriers. Either directly gathering nutrients and moving them to blood cells, nerves, etc or releasing them directly into the blood stream for the entire body to grab as needed.
>>
>>37417670
Wrong faggot
>>
>>37417670
Nice answer. Very informative.

So what do you think about how much grams of protein the body can absorb?

I read somewhere in a magazine that only 40 grams can be absorbed at one time.
>>
>>37417670
calories are a unit of energy m8
>>
>>37417719
thats totally wrong, that would mean you couldn't eat more than 150g of meat without waisting protein
>>
>>37417774
But how much protein could I consume at once?
>>
>>37417699
>>37417737
>>37417774
>implying it's wrong
neckbeards detected
>>
>>37417655
rip liver
>>
>>37417791
I'm not implying. I'm stating. That's wrong as fuck.
>>
>>37418053
Your gay relationship with your father is wrong as fuck in the eyes of god, but it still exist.
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>37418078
>Shitposting on a Taiwanese gay modeling board
>Not even being funny
>>
>>37417783

http://examine.com/faq/how-much-protein-can-i-eat-in-one-sitting/

seems to explain it better than i can
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.