[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 33

File: kukulo.jpg (80KB, 600x440px) Image search: [Google]
kukulo.jpg
80KB, 600x440px
Weightlifting General
A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>mighty mouse edition

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
http://www.chinfl.blogspot co.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
http://www.reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mjgz5nmcikhhvnu/28iq3URWUW

>helpful blog on some technique quirks:
yashathoughts.com

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

>Commisar's notes on the dank, zesty Meme Method (DZMM)
http://pastebin.com/u0jiY8sM

old thread:
>>36988500
>>
Damn this motherfucker is jacked.
>>
>>37027142
he's 5 foot tall
>>
i'll ask one more time

can I trust this faggot website or not ? http://powercleanbible.com/
>>
>>37027169

No.
>>
>>37027169
fruity ass motherfucker in that video

why would you trust a fucking fag to teach you how to lift lmao idiot
>>
>>37027169
>http://powercleanbible.com/

Actually this looks pretty okay. I don't feel like reading all that text, but the attitude seems right. Why you would need an entire website dedicated to one movement is beyond me, but whatever.
>>
>>37027258

because it's more likely to come up on google when you search "how to increase power clean"
>>
>>37027268

I guess, yeah. It doesn't look like he's selling ad space, so maybe he just really, really wants to get the information out there.
>>
regarding >>37023351

I was referring mostly to natural lifters, their training much more relatable to "average" lifters who arent on anything.

Think most americans, british etc. Even the national team athletes hardly deadlift and if they do it's very carefully programmed in (think Jared Fleming and all those sets of 5 snatch and clean deads he did a few months back)

Back to the original point that weightlifters can squat more often than powerlifters because they don't fatigue themselves anywhere near as hard with deadlifts

Therefore, in my opinion, it's better for an (especially anyone not already at a high level ie every on here) athlete to be squatting more than twice a week
>>
File: 2016-04-28.jpg (121KB, 600x1065px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-28.jpg
121KB, 600x1065px
>>37027215
When two consenting adults want to put dicks in their mouths, it is their choice to do so. It doesn't effect you directly or indirectly. So tell me, oh wise edgelord, how does aomething that doesn't effect you in any way have any bearing on his ability to be a powerlifter, magician, race car driver or any other god damn thing in this world?

Oh that's right it doesn't. You're just being an edgy little homophobic cunt.

tldr; kill yourself pls
>>
>>37027591
Shut up trappy
>>
this is for comm but if you gays are interested this is clarence's progress chart im making

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzYwS_oe2_hyUFBrTUM1UFIzSUU/view?usp=sharing
>>
Leg has been kill for past 2 weeks, but appears to be getting better.

Did 100/130 Sunday and (102.5/3)2 push press which was a PR.

Today first time squatting in those 2 weeks.
Front Squat - (105/6)4, 112/3, 120/2
Back Squat - (120/5)3
Hamstring Curls - 5x10
Abs

Baby session with baby weights but feelsgoodman to squat with no pain.
>>
>>37028434

What happened to leg? I have recurring problems with my legs and hips, and curious how others treat their own.
>>
>>37030044
Major Stretching, mobility work, compression, ice, heat, massage. Attempt to Diagnose the problem and whats causing it also, then work to fix it.
>>
>>37027777
super natty progress senpai
>>
File: IMG_2169.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2169.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
I just started Takano's CII today, found on some dude's blog from here. Volume today killed me (I shifted the schedule one day, so Monday for me is Tuesday). I think more volume is for sure what I need.

BW 84kg
Snatch 91kg
CNJ 104kg
FSQ 94kg
BSQ 124kg
>>
>>37031103
you clean and jerk more than your baby weight front squat>?

lmao yeah right, at least make the numbers believable
>>
File: 1387331711974.jpg (205KB, 1266x712px) Image search: [Google]
1387331711974.jpg
205KB, 1266x712px
2 consecutive exams in 7 hours that i haven't started studying for
heh
i'm already sleep deprived too

in lifting related news i'm ready to start my classics volume cycle with a 175 bs, 185 c pull, and 165 sn pull (lbs)
here i cum commi ur reign as hottest /owg/ meme is in jeopardy
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXfkEW9WVNU

Why doesn't klokov take the bar to the "power position", before exploding? It looks like he's starting the second pull after he gets past the knees.
>>
>>37031157
94kg is the highest I've attempted. I make use of the bounce. But, uhm, okay.

Also, wanted to ask you guys: what do you guys do for shoulder health?

I was thinking incline/decline bench pressing might help prevent imbalances.
>>
>>37027777

This will prove hes natty
>>
>>37031807
cause its 60kg
>>
>>37031846
Could you clarify a bit senpai thx
>>
>>37031861
it's a really light weight for him

so light he cannot utilize effective form
>>
>>37031872
Then how am i as a beginner supposed to learn the correct positions with just a bar
>>
>>37031948

>he fell for the broomstick meme
>>
Trash tier lifting practices
>Nomie fitness trends
>Bodybuilding
>geared power lifting
>bar stars
>cross fit
>meme lifters

Mid Tier Lifting practices
>Power lifting
>cross fit boxes that know what they're doing
>Some Aesthetics Crew members

High Tier Lifting practices
>Olympic weightlifting
>Gymnastics strength training
>Strong Man

Agreed?
>>
Are there any asian americans on the american team? Or any asian national athletes?
>>
>>37032078
alex lee
>>
>>37032066
IPF powerlifting has the potenitial to be higher, but all other feds should be lower tier
>>
>>37031807

He actually does, he's just not pausing there.
>>
>>37031812
>I was thinking incline/decline bench pressing might help prevent imbalances.

Probably not.

Handstands, push ups, rows, pull-ups, band pull-aparts, lateral raises (done correctly with very light weight), YTIs, etc.
>>
how do I stop getting quickly exhausted on cleans?

my first 3 sets are generally okay and then my power output just kinda dies
>>
>>37033130
Do cardio

Squat high volume
>>
File: russ prog.jpg (86KB, 556x622px) Image search: [Google]
russ prog.jpg
86KB, 556x622px
if i take the time to translate a 3 day beginner program by an actual russian professor and coach would you guys be interested?

btw the 30 represents the minutes. according to them the number of sets dont really matter, they said to listen to body.

btw adding 50kg to total is p normal. its just that most of us sucks.
>>
File: back squat training program.jpg (54KB, 643x436px) Image search: [Google]
back squat training program.jpg
54KB, 643x436px
>>37033460
adding 50kg in a year*
>>
>>37033460
I would, I'm currently training 3 days a week and would be interested to see how they do their thing
>>
>>37033460

please do it
>>
>>37033460

It's 3 days per week but in week 1 Thursday is off and in week 3 Saturday is off? What gives?
>>
>>37033130

Do cardio you permafat fucktard.
>>
>>37033472
how come your pic doesn't mention rest days or anything at all
>>
Best % to start 3x5 VD and 1x5 ID on a cut?
>>
File: j00ce.jpg (34KB, 1414x145px) Image search: [Google]
j00ce.jpg
34KB, 1414x145px
>>37033460
according to them training 3 days is enough to put you to class 1 which is like 230kg total.

>>37033539
its a random date, you can change it if you want. its also a 3 stages program so total of 9 weeks

>>37033552
i dont remember where i got this from. im still looking for it now so i dont know much about it

its gonna take some time
>>
>>37031807
>Chinese people have weak legs
Haha
>>
>>37031841
I know someone who has lifted with and competed against Clarence and apparently it's always been fairly well known he isn't natty, and his bloated face yet shredded body was always a point of bants
>>
>>37031103
Get strong lad if you're that efficient, your technique/speed/mobility must be pretty good
>>
>>37031807
The second pull does start above the knees senpai

>>37033460
Please do pent, my coach learnt under Russians in the 80s and I'd like to see how close his methods are. He's always citing them and their research
>>
>>37031602
whats the heaviest uve back squatted lol
>>
>>37032066
change tiers to normie, edgy and autism and it works :^)
>>
File: progressvarious.png (258KB, 1295x1420px) Image search: [Google]
progressvarious.png
258KB, 1295x1420px
>>37033460
im kinda unsure about these progress rate you keep claiming pent
these are all from a variety of sources and disagree with what you say (the yearly progresssion rates are apparently averages of russian mcics throughout their careers)
>>
Can I squat before the classics as a beginner or not? Should I focus on increasing my snatch?

40kg snatch
125kg backsquat
Snatches really tire me out. I am doing higher rep squats at the moment. 3x8, 3x6 and 3x4 on 3 days.
>>
>>37034439
>tfw need to add 2.5 to total to hit the year 1 CL.III standard

I have until about September... Can it be done ;^)
>>
>>37034518
If snatches are tiring doig squats first ain't gonna help is it

You can get alot more out your snatch. But depends what you care most about I guess
>>
>>37034545
lol i just noticed im apparently basically an elite powerlifter. i think it took meabout 6 months to reach cIII wl, another 6 months to ci, then stall 4ever :^)
the exrx and pl standards are probs a bit low, russian expected time to each class may be a bit low too, but even the highest ones (ussr years to each class, averaged over msic's past progression) is significantly below what pent is saying is normal
>>
>>37034561
Yeah j think I should focus on my snatch more, as my snatch increases, is it possible that my squat will increase slightly too?
>>
>>37034667
Also would is the rep scheme mentioned be good or would TM with 5x3VD and 3x2 ID be better?
>>
>>37027012
I searched the links posted for form info on the pwoer clean, but I couldn't find any.
SS has me doing power cleans and I'm looking for some extra form guides. Do you guys know any good ones? (I already read SS)
>>
Okay so im getting confused information here

After first pull, when you have passed the knees, do you

1) Think about setting up to the power position, and then explode

2) Start to explode after the knees

I have watched some athletes do heavy clean / snatch pulls, and when the weights are light it looks like they just explode after knees and you can't really separate the power position. But when the weight gets heavy, it looks like they place themselves in the power position first

My coach is telling me to start extending hips, knees and lift back (and last comes the toes and "shrug"). Then again few books say to slowly learn to get to the power position from knees (but when i have to speed it up it just feels weird).

Im sorry, i may be stupid but im just really confused with all the information
>>
>>37034938
hit the right positions at the fastest speed you can, aiming to have no jerky accelerations
>>
>>37035068
And the right positions are after knees and power position?
>>
>>37035096
you need to do the whole movement right but choose the bit you're worst at to focus on
>>
>>37032066
>Mid Tier Lifting practices
>Some Aesthetics Crew members

>Trash tier lifting practices
>Nomie fitness trends
>Bodybuilding

pick what you want senpai
>>
>>37034667
Probably. Keep squatting of course. Since starting weightlifting in about 7months I went from a really ugly grindy to parallel 155kg squat w belt and double ply sleeves to a solid 160kg high bar w/ belt, 150kg beltless, and a 145kg paused beltless. I didn't focus on squat at any point and only went to max maybe three times, mainly worked between 70-85%
>>
Just watched the 2004 Olympic clean and jerk superheavy weight division. Holy fuck those guys are strong. I'm just getting into the oly lifts and how crazy it was to see those guys throw 250kgs above their head.

Why aren't the oly lifts more accepted around the reddit/fit community? Seems like they do a good job at combining pure strength with athleticism and aestetics. I don't understand the draw to powerlifting/strong man when we have Olympic style lifts.
>>
>>37035877

Because they're more technical and Most chain gyms don't have bumper plates.
>>
>>37033472
>>37033460

Very interested
>>
>>37035892
Sure they're more technical but they're also better excersises are they not?

I understand the bumper plate issue, but you can definitely do these things with metal plates, right? You just have to master the "let down" portion of the lift.
>>
>>37031872
>so light he cannot utilize effective form

says someone who dont know what he talmbout
>>
>>37035921
>You just have to master the "let down" portion of the lift.

you think people never miss especially beginners?

and setting down heavy cleans and snatches tore my labrum lmao, you can get good at setting them down but it wears out your body unnecessarily
>>
>>37035979

Hmmm, never really thought about failure yet but you're absolutely right. Is it that bad to drop iron plates? Other than the noise or w/e it can't be much different than bumpers besides the bounce.
>>
>>37035921

They're not really exercises m8, like long jump or shot put isn't an exercise

People don't do them because of equipment (iron plates are really not okay for serious training) and because they're hard to learn for most people. The mobility demands alone disqualify a lot of people from doing them, and so people won't put the time in to get loose just so they can fail at snatching 40kg for months when they could just bench or whatever and feel like they're doing something
>>
>>37036045
I disagree, cleans, snatch, ect are just as compound as a deadlift. But I can see your point about them also being a performance, like a long jump.

So I just started trying to learn some of this shit last week. Why are irons bad? Ive been doing real light weight cleans and power cleans, but I've been lowering the weight instead of dropping it. Do they bounce bad or drop poorly or something? What did people do before bumpers?
>>
I want to improve my mobility in the rack position and overhead jerk position. What are some self-mobilizations and stretches I can do? Please nothing that requires a partner because I have no friends.

Also, I have some impingement in my right ankle that's hindering my catch position depth. Does anyone have experience with this?
>>
>>37036109

They're really not that comparable to strength movements. And iron plates force you to lower them controlled or they break. You're very new to the lifts but when you are at the point where you're testing your limits you simply cannot safely lower iron weights.
>>
>>37036109
They aren't just as compound tho mate. Sure they use alot of muscles but if you wanted to get 'big and strong' they are not the best way

They are the best way to express power and strength but not the most effective to build it

Also, no u can't really drop iron plates, would rek the bar very quickly. You'd also get thrown out of the gym. And most commercial gym bars are 30-32mm thick not 28
>>
>>37036265
You can do a similar stretch to the partner stretch that pendlay advocates alone (the one where you hold a bar in rack and have dude push ur elbows up on shoulders)

Hold bar behind head but with elbows in a close pos to rack position u can get

Then lean elbows onto a bar in a rack. Let the pressure of pushing up and holding onto the empty bar behind head stretch u

It will be sore
>>
>>37036265

This one instantly fixed my wrist mobility, and that of many in my gym https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig8eZXfJiaY

As for triceps, shoulder, and scapular mobility, there are some good stretches here as well https://www.youtube.com/user/JDCav24/search?query=stretch
>>
>>37034439
i think the standards has risen since the ussr days and i also think those are average competition results so it can differ from the training maxes.

also in clarences case he gained 8kg (73 - 81)
>>
>>37036401
>>37036425
ty
>>
>>37034938
>I have watched some athletes do heavy clean / snatch pulls, and when the weights are light it looks like they just explode after knees and you can't really separate the power position. But when the weight gets heavy, it looks like they place themselves in the power position first
>the weight gets heavy, it looks like they place themselves in the power position first

This is what they're doing every time, even at light weights, unless they're just rushing their warm-up. It's just that at lighter weights they can move from the knee through the power position to extension so quickly it looks like a single fluid motion--which it is, but with differences in the rate of force production at different points. They are still waiting to get to the power position to 'explode'.
>>
>>37036791
standards havent risen that much
and the progression by year (the highest rate there) has the listed weight class as that the lifter is in when they're msic, so it will take account for weight gain
>>
>>37036361
>>37036329

I appreciate the replies guys, I've learned a couple things here, you've definitely saved my bar and plates from being destroyed. Looks like I'm going to need to invest in a set of bumpers if I want to see some serious progress.
>>
>>37033460
Woah they did the 30 min thing back in china too
>>
>>37034356
175lbs
145 before cycle
>>
>>37035068
Positional speed doesn't matter, what matters is rhythm and when you exert power
That's why a lot of chinese have slow pulls and people are like y dey do dat
>>
File: 0148c04654b2.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
0148c04654b2.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>37037782
>standards havent risen that much
yea ur right

but what i said still stands you can add +45kg to your total while gaining weight but its something that i dont see a lot of people doing on their own because of human factors, coaching, and etc.

another example of impressive gains would be from yarkin where he did 88/106/194 in 2012 youth worlds in the 50kg cat at 14 years old then 91/108/199 in euro champ in 50 cat at 15 years old then did 115/140/255 at 63kg bw while still being 15 years old.

the example i used here
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCqmNBfgNND/
https://www.instagram.com/p/5TlkpcgNG_/

are both progress of a great athletes who reach elite within 4 years like jang miran and jeong. normally it would take 5-6 years which agrees with what you posted
>>
>>37037945
what roids did u do ya weeb
>>
>>37038174
I drank some pwo once
>>
File: 6k9tQID.jpg (526KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
6k9tQID.jpg
526KB, 2048x1152px
>>37038237
>pwo
im taking away ur natty card and ripping up our friendship card since ur a big butt cheater.
i hop ur proud of urself
>>
>>37038139
So according to that chart Scott hisaka of calstrength is talented

He hit, 160/191 in 4 years
>>
>>37038501

He also tren'd pretty hard during that time and still is judging by chan's positive test
>>
>>37027777

Hey why u ask for permission?
>>
>>37038259
:'''^(((
>>
How do i get an azn gf?
>>
>>37038870
right here bby ;^)
>>
>>37037945

Is that actually your squat in lbs or are you just memeing?
>>
File: 1462315724517.jpg (109KB, 835x487px) Image search: [Google]
1462315724517.jpg
109KB, 835x487px
>>37031602
better catch up before mein deload is over
>>
>>37038889
i'm p weak
not qualified to coach
>>
>>37038976
commi this song is super cute i'm gonna listen to it while doing clean and jerks today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xOGhxAWGhE
>>
>>37039000
thanks lad i was just going to listen to it
>>
File: comm inc bench n grills mire.webm (1MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
comm inc bench n grills mire.webm
1MB, 960x720px
>>37039020
>>
>>37039235
:3

that person is so annoying though
>>
>>37039235
make a to be continued edit of this
>>
why is it so hard to get a cookie cutter beginner routine? every time i get remotley intereste in OW i start looking for simple programs just to get a taste for it and all i get is fucking novles long articles and sites that make you pay for custom shit.

As i beginner i just want a simple program to get me started thats it.
>>
>>37039301
I'm still waiting on your clips fuccboi
>>
>>37039235
More like, oops I realized I stepped into the shot after my friend pointed out the camera.
>>
>>37039437
how about
on sn day u do sn 6-8x2-3 / sn pull 5-8x3-5 or something
on cj day u do cj 6-8x2-3 / c pull 5-8x3-5 or something
on sq day u do bsq 5x5 / push press 5x5 or something

u cud try sn/rest/sq/rest/cj/rest/rest for 3d/w
or sn/sq/cj/rest/sn/sq/rest for 5d/w (alternate sn/cj mon/wed/fri)
possibly making 2nd sq session lighter

bodybuilding/core every session ofc

just do it desu senpai
>>
>>37039437
Mu advice is: squat atleadt three times per week. Do variations of 4*4 5*3 or 6*2 and try to make every session a legit challenge.
Every other workout you either press/bench or do rows/scaps
Every workout try to do one classic lift 4*2 for sn and 5*1 cnj. If you are confident in your technique do pulls aswell at 100-110% 3*3 for the same lift.
If you are planning on resting a couple of days do deadlifts.

If you are planning to do 4*2 Snatch/3*3sn pulls and 4*4 squats but feel like absolute shit, lower the intensity and dont obsess about the weights.
>>
>>37039491
i just got so fucking mad after reading that im not sure why.

>>37039558

you guys are not understanding what im saying.
i want the shit to be layed out like SS. i do not want yo make shit up as i go along. I do not want to do what feels good.

What i want is something super simple that a baby can figure it out and that will last me a bit so i can learn what need to be learned at the same time as doing a simple program.

from what i have been looking up so far this is not a possibility
>>
>>37039642
how many days a week can you train
>>
>>37039685
im a neet so everyday
>>
>>37039642

beginning weightlifting isn't like strength training in that you already know how to bench and you throw 5 lbs on a week.

You need to learn the technique first while getting stronger, once you do that you can move onto a beginner program.
>>
File: communism.jpg (501KB, 580x2450px) Image search: [Google]
communism.jpg
501KB, 580x2450px
>>
>>37039695
im already past that part. I stopped doing it because i couldn't figure out shit with out paying some or having someone tell me just sn & cj
>>
>>37039642

It's almost as if it's a complicated sport that needs to be learned properly as opposed to being half assed.

Lifting weights and weightlifting are completely different.

Get a coach, if you want to do it for fun just throw snatches and clean and jerks into your routine, it's not rocket science.
>>
File: 12week.png (280KB, 5120x1913px) Image search: [Google]
12week.png
280KB, 5120x1913px
>>37039690
here u go have fun
skip am sessions is fine
i generally increase my maxes to work out percentages from every 12 weeks, but since you're a beginner doing it every 3 weeks would work
aim to always hit the minimum percentage, and if it feels easy go closer to the maximum
if you can consistently hit the maximum percentages on a given lift its time to increase your maxes you calculate from
be v conservative with sn/cj maximums as you should focus on technique for a while
pause/power pulls at approx max sn/cj, hard pulls at 120-140%

alternatively do takano class III program
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-1aTKVLhuhJd3BPa2hpNDZJRjQ
>>
>>37039724

The Catalyst Athletics web site has a lot of decent programs on it if you think you're at that point.

Training with a team and a coach is ideal though, if you have the money.
>>
>>37039724
>>37039642
>>37039437

Olympic Weightlifting: A complete guide for athletes & coaches (3rd edition)

He has a pretty big chapter on programming or all levels, including novices.

Keep in mind it's >american programming though
Alternatively, look into Takano programs or get a coach.
>>
File: 1424296718493.png (86KB, 893x875px) Image search: [Google]
1424296718493.png
86KB, 893x875px
>>37039720
oke
>>
>>37039642
You cant just go linear gains in olympic weightlifting. You can go lineae on your squat tho.
So what you do is: type in your max in russian squat routine calculator and follow that for linear.
Then every other workout just do one classic lift to practise technique, as i wrote above.
I dont know how i can write it more sinple but il try to type it out as an example.
Day 1:
Snatch: 80% 4*2
Snatch pulls 100% 4*3
Squat 5*5 75%~
Press 5*5
Abs

Day 2
Cnj 80% 5*1
Clean pulls 4*3 100%~
Squats 4*4 (a little bit higher than day one)
Rows/ hypers/ abs

Day 3
Squats 6*2 85-90%
Abs/hypers

Day 4
Snatch 80%/4/2
Cnj 5*1
F.sq 4*4 same weight as cnj

Repeat first day and rest accordingly. The reasob why u cant just use a cookiecutter program is because your form and strenght will differ alot from day to day. So one would auto regulate. Just continue and try to increase your squat numbers and just try to do the reps well enought. I assume you are a complete beginner in wich csse no program will help you and you need s coach.
The shit i wrote is just an example how one could train, i train similar to this ans it really requires adequate rest/knowledge/food.
>>
>>37039766
>>37039777
>>37039855
welp thanks for you help. i guess i have a fuckton of reading to do.
>>
>>37039898
just choose something (it doesnt matter much which program u choose) then focus on learning technique (moving slowly with light weights)
learning basic tech is p simple desu people make it seem more complex than it is
>>
>>37039937
ok will do.

out of greg everet or tanako who would you deem more credible? if im going to buy a book i wanna buy the correct one
>>
>>37039984
takano book is about programming
everett book is about everything
id say takano probably programs better than everett
everetts book has chapters on technique which may be worth reading
>>
>>37040055
ill go with takano.

i was digging around gregs site and founf this.

http://www.catalystathletics.com/article/131/Starter-Program-for-Catalyst-Athletics-Online-Workouts/

this good to run for a bit till i can figure out programming?
>>
>>37040112
something is better than nothing
>>
>>37040112
hey kid wanna buy some zesty chinese memes? hehe
>>
>>37040119
deliuge stop corrupting poor beginners :(
>>
>>37040119
>>37040133
you same fagging or something?
>>
>>37040176
no we're meming
>>
>>37040176
my memes are fresh not processed
>>
File: 0054 - vkRsjGU.jpg (17KB, 364x350px) Image search: [Google]
0054 - vkRsjGU.jpg
17KB, 364x350px
Any one tired of Weightlifting?

Been doing it 4 years, I think I might switch to power lifting and hypertrophy for six months

That and I love to dead lift fucking A

Also I think I won't bench but over head press a shit ton
>>
>>37041002
>Any one tired of Weightlifting?

No, but taking a period to either focus on strength (deadlifts, press) or bodybuilding and getting more muscle will benefit your total in the long run.
>>
>>37038515
so USA has doping athletes while other countries have gifted athletes is what you're saying?

and scott produced a shit ton of cum that charis drank so she tested postive right
>>
so tired and sleepy today, yesterday was the same thing while lifting, didn't miss any lifts but i skipped the squats

time 4 deload? i've been hitting PRs for a month now i think and still running the same program since the rest of the guys are going to nationals and has a tapering program
>>
>>37041052
>and scott produced a shit ton of cum that charis drank
hawt
>>
>>37041037
cool thx
>>
>>37041052
>so USA has doping athletes while other countries have gifted athletes is what you're saying?

that's clearly not what he's saying you faggot
>>
File: 1437936463523.jpg (230KB, 1800x962px) Image search: [Google]
1437936463523.jpg
230KB, 1800x962px
>>37041109
>>
>>37041052
>and scott produced a shit ton of cum that charis drank so she tested postive right

do u have vid? i rly needethis
>>
>>37041101
>>37041312

why so man y fags think hisaka is cute

he's gonna be in wwe soon btw you fags can watch him wrestle other gayboys in his undies
>>
>>37041371
u dont wanna see charis slurping cum off scotts pulsating roid cock?
>>
>>37038877

noooooo
>>
Do olympic weightlifters us GH?
>>
>>37041426
Shut up you chink loving Manlet
>>
>>37036425
kys
>>
File: 406165743086082697.jpg (68KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
406165743086082697.jpg
68KB, 720x1280px
these r the kind of ppl dat posts in owg
i checked ur vids btw they r weird and ur weird
>>
>>37041544

no one could really tell you that. i could see it happening to help with recovery.

It used to be undetectable but there are tests for it now, not sure how long it can be detected for.
>>
File: forearm.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
forearm.gif
3MB, 480x270px
Ayeeee i want this.
>>
>>37042028
says the emoji loving faggot who cant even make a decent table LMAO
>>
File: 123abc.jpg (76KB, 1060x740px) Image search: [Google]
123abc.jpg
76KB, 1060x740px
>>37042238
i was trying to speak your language
>>
>>37042204

Ez pz.
>>
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
c&k fag and calstremf soldier danny lehr got popped at 2015 nationals lmao

http://www.usada.org/daniel-lehr-accepts-doping-sanction/
>>
File: 124124421131.jpg (129KB, 503x744px) Image search: [Google]
124124421131.jpg
129KB, 503x744px
oly twink in training

Are my hips too high at the end of the first pull or no?

I keep thinking my hips are too high which makes me lose power in second pull.
>>
>>37044488

Yes they are too high
>>
>>37044522

I figured. do you have any immediate tips to fix this?

it's not a weight issue.
>>
http://www.fitnessavenue.ca/item.php?id=679

Is this set any good? I just want to give a finger to all the shitty gyms in my dumb ass town for charging too much. One place would cost me $800 a year and there are no bumper plates... and the plates they have are angular and suck for deads. The other places are carpet and chrome lunk-alarm type gyms. I can get buy on just the bumpers and bar for now. I have kettlebells and dumbbells already.
>>
>>37044488
I remember when i was new i though sleeves were the shiz bcos of china

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDLnU4fQkes

i found this video i posted here for a form check on my potato phone
>>
>>37044727

I'm coming off a bad knee injury and for some reason the sleeves give me a psychological boost. Haha
>>
>>37044537
more hip extension and less knee extension
>>
>>37044775

I know I sound like a retard but can you help explain that?
>>
>>37044883
As you first pull, both your hips and knees extend, you're doing a stripper pull, where your boipucci goes up faster than the bar does, you want your back angle to be more upright than what you are doing, so what you are doing is extending your knees too much, so you bend forward in that seductive pose, and what you want to do is extend less your knees and more your hips at the start, hips and knees go together in first pull
>>
>>37045047

o-ok
>>
>>37045061
Watch this video

https://youtu.be/MXfkEW9WVNU
>>
>>37041610
>>37042028

kek

>>37041093

might be, someone told me once that if you've been going for at least 3 weeks, it's a safer choice to deload and work on tech than it is to power through, which sounds legit
>>
>>37045061
>>37044883

Bring your hips down in your set up--I imagine they're high from the start. From the ground to your knees your back angle should remain basically the same, which means both your knee joints and your hip joint have to open at the same rate. Once you pass your knees, you decrease the rate at which you are extending your legs and increase the rate at which you extend your hip, meaning your back starts to come 'up' faster than your legs so you aren't presenting your booty hole for some sweet, sweet non-consentual man-loving.
>>
File: barr.gif (4MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
barr.gif
4MB, 500x280px
Platz squats VS sissy squats Vs bar against wall squats for quad isolation?
>>
>>37045175

Suicide is the most expeditious isolation exercise there is. Try that :^)
>>
>>37045175

what about
squats
or
front squats
>>
>>37045159
>non-consentual
>>
File: 1438712267438.png (1MB, 1920x720px) Image search: [Google]
1438712267438.png
1MB, 1920x720px
>>37027012
what's the point of doing a back squat + btn jerk?
>>
>>37045204
>>37045203

what about isolation work to help with early rising hips?
>>
>>37045301

whats the point of lifting if were all going to die?
>>
>>37045363

hbbs already has quads as primary mover, just drop the weight and run more volume with good form
>>
>>37045380
What's the point of dating someone if your going to break up
>>
>>37045398

Ive been doing that for a couple of months, it's helped, but once i get to the higher weights my back/hammies want to take over.
>>
>>37045419

pussy duhh
>>
>>37045517

were these higher weights at least higher than the ones that this happened at before? Also are you bracing correctly/keeping back tight? These tend to be my issues rather than a strength imbalance necessarily
>>
>>37045363
>>37045363

What? Just work on not raising the hips too fast.
>>
>>37045633

it's probably an ingrained form quirk, esp for people who learned on low bar (from personal experience)

needs to deload and work back up I think
>>
>>37045301
srs though, why? seems like a weird complex to me
>>
>>37045716

I've never seen bsquat + btn jerk personally but sometimes complexes with a squat in the middle are programmed to better simulate the lack of energy for jerking after a clean (like you would on the platform) so it could be a similar principle
>>
>>37034116
I'm trying. Technique is good, mobility is great (also do yoga), speed is not as great - would be better if I were stronger, obviously.

So, Takano's CII program called for 65kg Power Snatches today, but I couldn't do them. I can full Snatch them no problem, but Powering them is impossible. Had to drop down to 55kg in order to do powers.

Is this normal/expected because I'm weak?
>>
>>37046106

post form check?
>>
>>37045640
>>37045633

i suppose ill just have to keep working on it. But im still going to do the added on isolation work for the quads.
>>
File: 2016-05-05_00-50-04.webm (3MB, 1920x1026px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-05_00-50-04.webm
3MB, 1920x1026px
>>37046125
of powersn? don't have one unfortunately.. here's the last snatch i have, from 1/16/2016, 88kg, reaching, so about 96%.
>>
>>37045089
My coach is teaching it more like klokov does, that after you have passed the knees you start to generate power.

Then again, california strength and some others teach it like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AaSNARQPfE - so you slide the bar further

Opinions?
>>
>>37046222
Some lifters naturally get under well. You're a catcher.

Work on powers, get your power snatch higher. If you can't hit the prescribed %, then do it with a weight you can hit all reps properly

You should be able to power way more than 65kg with that snatch, so you should would on that
>>
>>37046410
Wait, i think i'm starting to get this. I tried to do it like klokov teaches, and i found out that you end up in the power position automatically before the bar gets in the air. Is this "power position" something you start to sense more easily when the weight gets heavy? I've been trying to learn it california strength style (without actually jumping off the platform). And this caused some serious headache with coach, who tried to coach it like klokov does, because i just tried to slide the bar fast to the power position and then "jumping".
>>
>>37046602
Eeeehhhh desu while getting into good positions is important, I don't really like the way call strength teaches the pull

The important thing is getting the transition between first and second pull good, then you keep the bar close as you extend hips and generate power then finish with triple extension

You check to see if positions are good in video afterward
>>
>>37042463
WTF is wrong with that person.
>>
>>37046514
catcher? what's the difference?
>>
>>37049016
the difference is it's a made up term by someone who don't no what they talmbout
>>
How likely is it to get a 100kg snatch in 2 years?
Is it only possible if I am fully dedicated to weightlifting or can I have other strength goals too?

I've seen quite a lot of crossfitters get it somehow?

I've started recently and now my form is pretty much down. I think I should try to start adding weight now.
>>
>>37049379
Lol
100kg is doable in 1 year even if you're a manlet
>my form is pretty much down
Lol
>>
>>37049222
yep
>>
>>37049016
People who aren't insanely talented (good at everything naturally) usually fall into the puller or catcher catagory

Pullers usually pull well (obvs) but catch high, often

Catchers usually get under anything, and their speed and mobility allows that

You're clearly the latter, so working on your pull and power is gonna be a good call, get that power snatch more to where it should be
>>
>>37049222
Oh look it's the calstrength fag again

I've narrowed it down to a couple possibilities as to who you are. I'll be revealing which member of their gym is a meming asshole soon enough
>>
>>37027012
What is that, a picture for giants??
>>
>>37049415
I mean compared to when I started.
I also can't tell if you are trolling or not.
>>
>>37049415
That's pretty ironic coming from yo who hasn't snatched 100 in 2 years
>>
>>37049468
Lol lmao
>>
>>37049415
What are realistic expectations 1 year, 2 years, 3 years?
>>
>>37049619
Depends on bodyweight, age, training history etc

You shouldn't put arbitrary numbers on your progress

Just get better. Some people do 100+ in a year, some don't even do bodyweight.
>>
>>37049701
Ah ok, I guess I'll rephrase. I have some other goals, just little things like getting a little bigger and also 100kg OHP, 40kg Pullups.

Do I have to do only weightlifting to get good at it within a couple years or is there still room to work towards other goals at the same time?
>>
>>37049729
You can make progress yeah, but if you're not naturally good at it you'll need to dedicate quote a bit to it.
>>
>>37049791
Fuck. At which point do I found out if I'm not? I've only been doing it for a few months.
>>
>>37049804

how "good" do you want to be? are you going to quit if /owg/ says you suck?
>>
>>37049819
Well. If I've just turned 19 now with 140kg BS at 75kg BW. Ideally 130kg snatch before I'm 23? :^)

Do I rush to be a good U23 or just be patient and do something after I'm 23?
>>
>>37049603
:^)
>>
>>37049888
1 year foundation, 2 years base strength, 1 year classics priming
Should expect near 140/170 if you've got a good coach
>>
>>37049888
130 snatch is big for amatuer 77 and likely hood is you may not reach it

But like that dude said, are you gonna quit if you suck?

Do it if you enjoy it m8, if you just wanna do something to 'be good' there's easier sports to choose
>>
>>37049937

I'm not sure if I have a good coach. I've been doing light work constantly for a few months and I asked him when to increase weight and he said not yet even though he think my snatch is good?

>>37049956

Sorry, I should mention that the U23 (UK) record is the same for 77kg and 85kg. So I could keep going to 85kg.

I won't quit if I suck, I was just wondering what was attainable or not just so I could say I was close to U23 numbers or even beat it but I doubt it.

I'm not sure how much of a difference focusing on a couple of other goals would make when trying to reach 130 or 140 sn in that time which is really why it's bothering me.

Is there room to train a couple of other things too without it negatively affecting the end result?
>>
>>37050073
Lol you're not supposed to go heavy much at all your first year
Don't listen to the memes people take advantage of fast beginner gains always regret it later
>>
>>37050073
If you want to hit those numbers in that time you HAVE to focus on weightlifting. You won't get close to that doing it three times a week here and there while doing other stuff.

Where in the UK are you? There's a handful of decent coaches but you're gonna face big competition at those bodyweight, the 77 records are high because our best lifter by far is a 77
>>
>>37050115

Well most I've done is 40kg. He has me doing snatches over and over with 25-30kg. He has even said I have improved a lot and it's getting much better.

>you're not supposed to go heavy much at all your first year

At which point is it too light though or what is he doing by keeping me at 30kg for months?
>>
>>37050120

Birmingham

The number for the snatch is exactly the same for 85kg U23 so wouldn't it make more sense to just be 85kg class?

So you are suggesting that I should be doing it like what if my coach is making me do light work? 5x week?
>>
>>37050140
Well first of all he's probably saying your improving and it's hood because he doesn't want to hurt your feelings
It's most likely ugly he knows it
Even if it isn't bad at this stage as soon as you go heavy your tech is gonna get super ugly quick
Once your coach thinks you're technically proficient enough he'll up the weight
Your coach sounds pretty good, dis he have any national level lifters?
>>
>>37050172
Brum has some good gyms... Which one?

Stop obsessing over the snatch record. You probably won't hit it. Your goal should be to get as good as possible. Who knows where that will lead.

Even if you only snatch bodyweight, you'll be better than when you started, you'll be stronger and fitter, and even if you've only competed locally, you'll know alot more about yourself. It's a strange experience.

Look mate, stop focussing on nunbers and just train. The nunbers will follow.
>>
>>37050221

Yeah, 3. Two of them don't anymore as of a couple years ago I think.

The one girl (52kg) placed 1st in U23 British Champs 2014. One guy placed 2nd (77kg). And the other guy was first in 62kg I think.

This guy still competes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prsFrF0JVXQ

>>37050320
Thanks for the advice man, just a small gym.
I realise that, I'd atleast like to reach something like 100kg within a couple years though.
>>
>>37050320
Wtf are you one of them fat acceptance cucks

Have a fucking high goal and go for it

Shoot for the moon and you'll hit my ass and all that bullshit
>>
>>37050400
Warley?

You should hit 100 in a couple years m8. I'm nearly 30, very inflexible, and I've gone from a ropey 40kg snatch to around 90 in about 8months... And I'd expect a younger more flexible person to do that quicker. I think I can be close to 100 within a years lifting, you deffo can

End if the day tho, you're young, let's say it takes you three years instead of 1. You'll still only be what, 22? Comps don't take into account how long you've been lifting and you have a lot of lifting left in you lad
>>
>>37050462
Nothing wrong with setting goals lad but obsessing over a record when you've barely learnt to snatch is silly

Set many goals along the way, you'll find that a quicker and more sustainable approach. Why do you think the ruskis and Chinamen plan over several years rather than have one big end goal?
>>
>>37050493
He's not obsessing, he made it his goal

You're trying to twist his word to fit your "just have fun" gay attitude

That's fine if yore a fag like u are idc. But maybe some people want to achieve actual goals
>>
>>37049445
makes a bit of sense. and yeah, it makes sense in my case. i'll dive under anything and my mobility allows me to do so. it's probably the only reason i snatch so efficiently compared to my clean.. the clean punishes you if you get under it: you won't be able to stand. the snatch is a lot more forgiving, since it's naturally lighter.
>>
>>37050516
whatever you say kid
>>
>>37050522
>the clean punishes you if you get under it

So how the fuck are you supposed to clean if you're not supposed to go under

Lmao
>>
Opinions on this?
I was thinking about trying it. its from mashelite.
I won't be able to do the Friday squat day as it needs chains.

Wednesday is just this:
http://www.mashelite.com/life-changing-front-squat-routine-just-ask-eze/

Monday Back Squat Rep Max Routine

Week 1 10RM, then -5 & -10% for 10
Week 2 10RM, then -5 & -10% for 10
Week 3 10 RM, then -5 & -10% for 10
Week 4 -10% of Best 10RM for 2 sets of 10
Week 5 5RM, then -5 & -10% for 5
Week 6 5 RM, then -5 & -10% for 5
Week 7 5 RM, then -5 & -10% for 5
Week 8 -10% o of Best 5RM for 3 set of 5
Week 9 3RM, then -5 & -10% for 3
Week 10 3RM, then -5 & -10% for 3
Week 11 3RM, then -5 & -10% for 3
Week 12 -20% of Best 3RM, for 3×3

Wednesday The Eze Front Squat Program:

Front Squat Time Paused in Bottom and Top Reps and Sets
week 1 7 seconds in bottom, 15 seconds in top Max, then 80% 3×3
week 2 7 seconds in bottom, 15 seconds in top Max, then 83% 3×3
Week 3 7 seconds in bottom, 15 seconds in top Max, then 85% 3×3
week 4 5 seconds in bottom, 12 second in top Max, then 80% 3×3
Week 5 5 seconds in bottom, 12 second in top Max, then 83% 3×3
week 6 5 seconds in bottom, 12 second in top Max, then 85% 3×3
week 7 3 seconds in bottom, 10 seconds in top Max, then 80% 3×3
week 8 3 seconds in bottom, 10 seconds in top Max, then 83% 3×3
week 9 3 seconds in bottom, 10 seconds in top Max, then 85% 3×3
Week 10 1 second in bottom, 7 seconds in top Max, then 80% 3×3
Week 11 1 second in bottom, 7 seconds in top Max, then 83% 3×3
Week 12 1 second in bottom, 7 seconds in top 80% of max for 3×3
>>
>>37050550
He means cleans can crash on you more than snatch Mr autismo
>>
>>37049445
Or you just don't know what ur talmbout and started making up terms

You described someone that's not flexible and someone who cuts their pull short

No one is naturally good at weightlifting, even the freaks you sometimes think are freaks have put in work to get where they are, making those same mistakes but they're not naturally doing anythignnnf
>>
>>37050988
>they don't say it at calstrngh so it must be wrong
>I don't understand semantics

That's u, u little whiner. You've not even been lifting a year, you don't know shit lad

PS I know who u are ;^)
>>
>>37051019
Lol yeah you do, I'm not cal strength cuck

I know I'm stronger then u ho
>>
>>37051079
Yes you are

And no you are not ;^)

And in any case I'm intellectual superior to you, and your appeal to authority will not work on me, little boy

>tips fedora
>>
>>37051019
Semantics of someone who don't know what they talmbout but pretend they do? Yeah I don't understand that's why I always call these retards out.
>>
>>37051111
Checked

Well done for needing two responses little guy, you really told me
>>
>>37051142
Listen dipndrive if you stop making shit up I won't respond to you anymore u see
>>
>>37051172
Ok calsteength bitch, stop talking, noone finds you're cutesy spelling mistakes funny anyway

Fucking mug
>>
>>37051216
Is this fucking trappy again

U don't even fucking lift
>>
>>37045159
My hips are lowest possible in start.
>>
>>37051805
Just post a damn video already
>>
>>37052011
o-ok
next week when I do cleans
>>
>>37049603
shit eyesuck on suicide watch fucking rekt
>>
>>37049937
>140/170
that's like best case scenario, im not sure someone not talented could do that desu
>>
>>37050140
your coach sounds decent desu senpai gl
>>
>>37050400
that kid cuts his pull rly short, dont be like him pls
>>
>>37052251
Tbf m8 jaswant is way better than u will ever be ;)
>>
>>37052314
But he really does cut his pulls short.
>>
>>37052314
hes dece but 360ish sinclair isnt that amazing
and his extension is still v bad
>>
Lads should I do the Torokhtiy gang program?
>>
>>37052349
>>37052357
I know lads just laffin

Tbf that Sinclair is good in terms of British lifting tho. Inb4 we suck tho
>>
>>37052357

hey pas you got a good program for me bby?

I heard you making programs for us.
>>
>>37052449
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEhCm-kmQ7I/?taken-by=torokhtiy
Here is the first week, I think it looks alright for a beginner.
>>
File: 12week.png (279KB, 5120x1913px) Image search: [Google]
12week.png
279KB, 5120x1913px
>>37052471
ye he's decent for uk, #2 62 behind gareth evans
but ye we do suk :^(
>>37052511
lol i just made a program which spits out programs following some basic principles
it works decently well for me desu
>>
>>37052528
im doing 3d/w from it atm by just making mon the first sn session of the week and fri the first cj session of the week, then doing tue on wed
its alrite too desu
i dont like overthinking stuff
>>
>>37052528
Garath evens is pree good

#3 ranked 62 has made some good prog since those rankings too so who knows

But is a pity we're not that good, I think it's to do with the way bwl is ran, there are some good coaches in this country. Just bad infrastructure and recruitment etc at least that's what I hear wiser people saying ;^)
>>
>>37052528

what is a hard pull and power pull desu?
>>
>>37052572
we have no proper youth recruitment really, bwl seems to be managed like shit and may be in £50,000 or debt or something, and mens team get no money from uk sport

ideally winning senior nationals would give some paycheck or give you some small income and let you possibly join the national team, and aspiring coaches would receive a quality education (not just overpriced weekend courses) and train kids in school/uni wl programs, but thats not going to happen
>>37052593
read my blog post about china (chinfl.blogspot)
>>
>>37052627

thanks sweetheart
>>
if anyone's interested, my back problem mostly went away when I actually fucking rested properly. That's what happens when you don't deload I guess

fucking everett
>>
>>37052755

thanks

My IT band syndrome went away after 2 months of physical therapy which included cycling, stretching 5-6x a day for 10 minute periods and ice and heat. Oh, and no training at all

I had a pretty severe case though.
>>
>>37052802

sounds ruff, you must have had severe inflammation. I've been rolling the shit out of mine with a lacrosse ball but I can feel that I'll need to be a little more consistent with it.

Stretching every day does so much for injury prevention
>>
>>37052830

Lacrosse ball made my IT band syndrome worse which is how bad it was.
>>
>>37052755

There's a lot of good-but-convoluted information in Everett's book but when it comes to the programming makes available he just completely shits the bed.

At least it's freeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>37052201
Ye
That's why I said good coach
Good coach will drop the untalented :^)
>>
idg all these people setting prs at seminars or whatever
doesnt going for prs sort of miss the point of trying to focus on learning technique
i dont like fun
>>
File: holyyyyyy aa.gif (1002KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
holyyyyyy aa.gif
1002KB, 444x250px
>tfw sotts press is getting better
>tfw internal rotation never felt better
is it okay if my heels raise mid lift?
>>
>>37053445
Cf gotta feel like they think they're getting things for their money

>>37052755
Everett = hack
>>
>>37053490
did klokov and polovnikov get people to pr at their seminars?
>>
>>37053461

In the Sotts press? Not really ideal, but whatever who cares.
>>
>>37053445
I think the idea is if people had small things they could correct they did that then thwy let them go balls out the bath cos they all paid silly money

Also it's a pb mage only amerocan fattis say PR hshehe
>>
Hey guys, is it OKAY not to back squat and only front squat? What do I miss out on?

They never feel great for me but I always feel stable front squatting or OHS. I can progress on BS but they just never feel right.

I am 74kg, 120kg grind BS and 105kg grind FS
>>
>>37053461
So squat BTNs? How do they work?
>>
File: 1453707869418.png (1MB, 1402x1801px) Image search: [Google]
1453707869418.png
1MB, 1402x1801px
>tfw 100kg total

Getting there senpai.
>>
>>37053565
if anything u should do the one u dont like more
>>
>>37053565
pent always tells me the back squat is important

i dont think it's really important tho
>>
>>37053565
>can't even squat two reds with collars and wants to stop back squatting

most people feel better front squatting because its easier to stay upright due to the bar position, but your back squat will feel better the more you practise it, and its much easier to develop leg strength with
>>
>>37053589

I keep hearing this Pas and I can't seem to get anywhere. I'll run a cycle and get 10kg on my BS like last month in 4 weeks but weights still feel the same.

The 1rm is grind and slight form breakdown but as soon as I was at the bottom, I lost all power and it was like my glutes weren't driving it up.

I have decent mobility just extremely unfavourable proportions for BS, short torso very long femurs and even though my squat is fairly upright, it always feels like its my lower back and hips doing all the work even though my hips aren't rising.

My ankle mobility seems to disappear for a BS too and my knees don't travel far but they do in my FS.
>>
>>37053648
pick a weight where u can make it look like u wanna make it look
then do that weight lots for a bit
then maybe try putting a bit more weight on n see what happens
play with a load of cues and stuff too
>>
>>37053648
if you have unfavorable proportions for back squat you have even worse proportions for front squat
>>
>>37053640
My knees don't seem to track far over my toes during a back squat but they do for every other type of squat, so I can't keep my hips forward at the bottom.

I have no idea why. I actually saw a Greg Nuckols article which mentioned that it could be quad weakness or calves weakness so the ankle doesn't dorsiflex but I would have thought my FS was okay for quad strength.
>>
>>37053588
Are you a girl if yes pls b my gf
>>
>>37053673
Nah I don't, my front squat feels great, I can get very deep and keep very upright. Like I said, it's like my ankle mobility disappears for BS and I have no idea why it does.

>>37053672
Maybe I'm just trying to keep too upright for something I can't do. A lot of my squat work is 75%-85%. I also rarely do heavy triples or 5s.
>>
>>37053530
idk

but lapikov had people try PR's on his seminars, so does berestov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0KwtlnKPCI
>>
>>37053702
r u in london?
>>
>>37053706
Should I just continue squatting even if my back squat isn't perfectly upright and feels like more of a lower back and core exercise?
>>
>>37053771
Yep :^)
>>
>>37053943
Oh, that's too bad, because I'm not.
>>
File: 140 and 115.webm (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
140 and 115.webm
2MB, 1440x1080px
I'm taking a deload. 5 days instead of what i think is the normal amount, 7.

damn i feel so recovered
>>
>>37053988
Dw I'm super rich I can buy plane tickets anywhere
>>
>>37054134
But comm real bulgs don't deload
>>
>>37054148
idk if they do but i dont think it makes a huge deal

i'm doing the minimal required to keep the adaptive process going
>>
File: 20160505_153649.png (279KB, 1440x1175px) Image search: [Google]
20160505_153649.png
279KB, 1440x1175px
>>37054138
Its true, deli has trust funds and his dad has a purple Lamborghini.
>>
>>37036425
you don't even lift, so why would your wrist mobility matter? fuck off you mentally ill dyel
>>
>>37054386
fapping gets more enjoyable with flexible wrist
>>
>>37048733
He saw your lifts :^)
>>
>>37054134
ur video editing skillz r improving, what u use to cut ur vids together just windows movie maker?
>>
>>37055895
ye
>>
File: squaaaaat.gif (2MB, 356x292px) Image search: [Google]
squaaaaat.gif
2MB, 356x292px
Ive been trying to do 10-15 mins of non stop lunges for cardio, with some static handstand and pull-up work. First week in and i enjoy the sweat/leg pump i get from it but it's been cutting into my lifting, i think i just need to adjust to the volume.

Pros
>can do it at home
>don't need to go out into the blazing sun
>don't have to drive 15 min to the gym
>great cardio/volume builder

Cons
>it's been cutting into my lifting day
>i hope i don't grow a horse ass or build up imbalances
>>
>>37056550
What in the everloving god is that kid doing
>>
>>37056816

Dying.
>>
>cleans 120
>block jerks 105
>can only c&j 102.5

Why am I so gash
>>
>>37059558
Cos u is a pussy, and your forms all retarded
>>
>>37059707
Probably
Cleans came v quickly to me
Jerk is wretched and I get shit at about 90%
>>
>>37059725
You should probably be doing most of your work at 75-80%
>>
>>37059770
Ye, I start a new 8week program next week and it's mostly 70-85% so looking forward to getting some tech work done
>>
Are cleans + variations enough to actually gain strength to do heavier and heavier cleans?

or do I still need to deadlift?
>>
>>37061186
clean pulls are better than deadlifts to gain cleaning strength desu
>>
>>37061199
but then how do I gain strength for clean pulling? :^)
>>
>>37061204
im no coach but programm from lighter to heavier i guess?
>>
Any advice on how to improve my Power Clean form?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHCifutAJRw
(I know I shouldn't do them in front of a mirror)
>>
>>37061478
dont pull around your knees

get your knees back so bar can go straight off the ground, right now it's going out in front right off the start, the rest of the pull is decent. you can keep your lats tighter so the bar stays closer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYAZZygf14E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD_dlDSa6AI

he's got similar proportions to you
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.