[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self-improvement general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 261
Thread images: 45

File: selfimp1.jpg (2MB, 1324x1101px) Image search: [Google]
selfimp1.jpg
2MB, 1324x1101px
How have you improved yourself this year? (preferably outside of lifting)

Approved reading material:
http://raouldify.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/2011_1203-the-flinch.pdf
Dale Carnegie - How to win friends and influence people

Unapproved reading material:
Benjamin Franklin's Autobiography (work ethic as a young man, his philosophy of self-improvement, time management and scheduling, how he got into politics, how he became a founding founding father)
Brian Tracy + Colin Rose - Accelerated Learning (Staple self-improvement. Really really good, full of practical information)
The Millionaire Next Door (About 90 minutes into this, really interesting so far. Full of really engaging anecdotes)
The book of pook.pdf
Models by Mark Manson (What "be yourself" really means)
7 Habits of Highly Effective People

Things you should be doing:
-Exercise
-Put actual effort in to your diet
-Clean your room / house at least once a week, don't live in a pigsty
-Do daily, simple, effective things (Brushing your teeth, flossing, making your bed)
-Learn to play an instrument (imagine having 10 years of experience playing the piano when you're 30)
-Read every day
-Sleep exactly 8 hours every day (give or take depending on your needs/activities)
-Have a morning routine
-Learn a second (or third) language (duolingo.com)
-Stretch every day to become more flexible (http://www.reddit.com/r/flexibility/comments/28anxp/welcome_to_our_first_ever_30days_toetouching/)
-Taking good care of your skin (http://np.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/wiki/beginners)
-Meditate 10 minutes per day
-Stop cursing
-Get braces if you need them

A quote that may be handy: "Live your life like you're being followed by a camera crew that are making a documentary about you" - Rene Descartes, 1623

If you have any additions or remarks to the lists above, feel free to post them

Also, read Dale Carnegie, "How to Win Friends and Influence People"
>>
>>27392988
>-Stop cursing

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU SAY FAGGOT?
>>
Learned how to build a computer
Learned differential calculus (fuck that shit, glad it's over)
Started doing legs (again, fuck me, right?)
Quit my dead end job at a shoe store for a marketing job at a small construction company
Decided to stick with my current GF
6'0" 171lbs, goal 185lbs

D-did I do good, /fit/?
>>
File: 1402827537004.jpg (144KB, 900x880px) Image search: [Google]
1402827537004.jpg
144KB, 900x880px
Just bought me some Zinc, Fish Oil in liquid form (Tran), Quality moisturizer with vitamin A and no perfume and tea tree oil for treating acne.
This will now be a part of my mourning routine.

>Reading everyday
>Trying to hit 8 hours per night
Stretching... should I just buy a foam roller?
>>
>>27393059
>Decided to stick with my current GF

were you FWB only, or something like that?
>>
Benchpress
incline dbpress
incline fly
pecdeck
dips

is this good for chest?
>>
I did laps (with breaks) at the local pool for the first time in years this morning.

This is also the first real cardio I've done in a very long time. I couldn't do more than 2 laps at a time but hey you gotta start somewhere.
>>
Tipped my le fedora at this thread.
>>
>>27393324
bait?
>>
>>27392988
>posting an image from an "artist" who's SJW arguments come in comic form and are all strawmen

Maturity indeed.
>>
>>27392988
This is autistic.
>>>/r9k/
Prolly more your speed.
>>
> "Live your life like you're being followed by a camera crew that are making a documentary about you" - Rene Descartes, 1623

What the fuck? pretty sure cameras didn't exist in the 1600s you faggot
>>
>>27393386

>getting the joke
>you

pick one
>>
>>27393251
cool anon, plus you get to see some sexy chicks in bikini, keep it up
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a5fO8jE7mc
>>
>>27392988
>blames self for world
>being this egotistical

I fucking hate this picture.
>>
>>27393608
I don't think it means that literally, it's more

>It's my responsibility to make the world better
vs
>The world owes me what I want and I shouldn't have to work for it.
>>
>>27392988

>goat next to red-suited goat

what is wrong with asking?
>>
>>27393958
nothing, cant you see the goat is not pink colored?
It means the goat is on the way to become greeny mature
>>
>>27393608

red goat pls go
>>
>>27393391
No one cant be this stoopid just ignore
>>
>>27394267
heh
>>
Ha who the hell has any features of a red goat? I am every green goat in a fusion, sorry pleb m8s, youre not going to make it
>>
started duolingo in italian, going to try to do 10/15m a day
>>
Can someone post the version where the "blames world for problems" goat is replaced by "Does SS" ?
>>
>stop posting on 4chan
you forgot that one OP
>>
>>27395304
>all these implying
>>
>>27395304
>gloating on an anime imageboard
that goat is in the picture he just fell off the mountain.
>>
File: fonzie.jpg (21KB, 219x320px) Image search: [Google]
fonzie.jpg
21KB, 219x320px
>>27396021
Real funny fonzie
>>
>>27396021
>>27396084
AYY LMAO
>>
>>27392988
I waited for this thread:

>Models by Mark Manson
pretty good book

>How to Win Friends and Influence People"
very good, love this book, written very well.

>The Millionaire Next Door
this book is written for idiots, it keeps repeating the exact same thing over and over and over page after page after page.
>3.5% are millionaires
>age*annual income/10
>for every 100 millionaires. there are 192 people who ... (just use fucking fractions god dammit)
it gets annoying really fast. it feels like he tried to stretch the contents to fill twice the number of pages. it does have some good advice if you cant manage your money.

>7 Habits of Highly Effective People
shitiest book ive ever read, i dont get how this got so many awards. Its written by a hypocritical douche who is either ignorant of basic biology and anthropology, or lies just to make his point. plus he doesn't seem to know what a lot of the words mean that he uses (like proactive and reactive). But that fucking hypocrisy gets me
>people see the world in different ways
>our paradigm is only a map of the territory
>o, but my paradigm is the actual territory and represents 'natural laws'
>you guys should change your world views to match mine because only i can see the actual natural laws of humans
>why is my opinion natural laws?, because it is obvious, and a lot of people agree with me (except people in Ireland, isreal, south Africa, psychopaths and neurotic people)
>>
>>27396208
>I waited for this thread

>not opening it by yourself

at least save the opening post
>>
>>27392988
Got MG1 rank on CSGO
Ntb
>>
>>27396569
not into vidya, is that good?
>>
>>27396208
>>7 Habits of Highly Effective People

I also read it and I didnt find anything astounding or intriguing about it, I dont get how it got so damn popular
>>
>>27398515
bamp
>>
File: 1370223093307.gif (995KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
1370223093307.gif
995KB, 260x146px
>>27392988
This year has been pretty awesome for self improvement for me. Graduated from Uni, got a 70k+ job at a top company, got my eyes fixed with lasik, went from 1 mile runner to being able to do 10ks. I want to learn an instrument and possibly a foreign language this year. Now to add some books to the reading list!
>>
>>27396569
thats ass bro. every shitter and their mom is atleast dmg
>>
>>27393080
Stretching and foam rolling are different activities. They are both worthwhile, you should do some kind of stretching after foam rolling.
>>
>>27392988
>A quote that may be handy: "Live your life like you're being followed by a camera crew that are making a documentary about you" - Rene Descartes, 1623

wotm9
>>
>>27392988
Unapproved reading material pt 2:

Learn More, Study Less - Scott Young

Eat to Live - Dr. Furman
>Great diet to help mental problems like ADHD

Choose Yourself - Altucher
Millionaire Fastlane - DeMarco
>2 great wealth related books

The Compound Effect - Darren Hardy
Say It Like You Mean It! - David Bennett
>Probably most useful self-help books for me

Concentration a Guide to Mental Mastery - Mouni Sadhu
>Lifting weights for the mind. Shit's hard. Very hard.
>Do any work with greater efficiency. What others can do in six hours, can be done by one who does concentration, within half an hour. What others can read in six hours, can be read by one who does concentration, within half an hour.

Things that may make life better:
-Exercise
-10 ideas a day to build idea muscle and creativity. Check Stephen King.
-20 min open eye meditation for relaxation. Reduce cortisol and stress
-Kundalini Yoga for stress relief and anti depression stuff.
-Sleep in pitch black room to get better sleep. Also check out Yoga Nidra for advanced stress relief.
>No computer screen 2 hrs before bed no food 4 hrs before.
-Drink DeSouza's Chlorophyll to clean blood. Remove any B.O. and freshen breath.
-Read 1 hour a day.(Not including random online articles)
-Dress everyday like you expect to meet another awesome person.
-Have standards for self and for potential partners.
>Have minimum criteria for women/men.
-Liver cleanse once a month if your eyes look dirty as fuck.
-Put extra t.p. in toilet so poop won't splash up.
-BCAA's prior to workout. Full aminos during your workout.
>>
>do the mug drop experiment multiple times with multiple glasses
>none of them break
Man, why do I buy such resilient things?
>>
>>27400982
>No computer screen 2 hrs before bed no food 4 hrs before.

HAHAHAH

Where do you people get this bullshit.

>OLY 6-8pm
>shower/dinner, 9-10pm

I don't even feel digested until after 11:30. Problem?
>>
>>27392988
I love the idea of these threads. Moot should make an entire board dedicated to self-improvement. Imagine how many lives that would change (given the 4chan demographic, no offense)

Also thanks for the book recommendations OP. I've never heard of The Flinch and I'm reading it now. I've read a handful of the thoughts, though.
Also, would you highly recommend stretching/yoga? What exactly are the benefits? I just don't see it to be worthwhile to be honest, but I'm hoping I'm wrong and its something I've been missing out on and can jump into.

My self improvement:
8 hours sleep every night
Multivitamin, fishoil, vitamin D, ZMA, 2 protein shakes per day
100oz+ of water every day
Gym 5 days a week (Doing Layne Norton's PHAT)
Read atleast 50 pages of whatever book is on the top of my priority list every night
Meditate until I fall asleep (Does this still give the benefits of meditation? It definitely helps me sleep)

I've done a few Coursera courses on android programming and algorithmic design since its summer and I don't have uni until august. But I feel like I should be relaxing more as I don't want to burn myself out before the semester even begins
>>
>>27400982
Hey OP, think we could exchange skypes or something? It's difficult to find highly motivated and soon-to-be successful people these days. Even at my uni, all these undergrad kids are just looking to get their degree then work some menial desk job
>tfw nobody shares that "I want to rule the world" feel with me
>>
>>27401296
b-but mom told me da electronics will keep me awake
>>
File: 1403361611034.jpg (2MB, 1324x1101px) Image search: [Google]
1403361611034.jpg
2MB, 1324x1101px
Links for the books in OP:
http://pastebin.com/fBCyWRyz

>>27395804
>>
>>27401360
Post a throw away email and ill get at you.
>>
>>27393324
?
>>
>>27393324
daily reminder that jerry messing is a devout christian
>>
>>27393324
look, if you're doing to use this epic maymay, at least use it appropriately and in the right types of threads
>>
>>27396555
>>27396208

I propose the original post get slightly edited/amended as necessary
>>
>>27399985
gtfo. i hate people like you
>>
File: 0001-1403523970814.jpg (146KB, 996x695px) Image search: [Google]
0001-1403523970814.jpg
146KB, 996x695px
>currently writing a guide, will publish it into a .pdf and release for /fit/ when I'm done.

Welcome to the gate of greatness.

You're destined for greatness. In a world full of sloth and degenerency, you will rise among the herd of men. If you want to stack paper money, learn how to seduce women and make their pussies wet and find out the meaning of life and death, be the strongest nigger in the gym, this is the guide that will help you. More importantly, it's about achieving everything you want in life - where you're now and where you want to be.

When you cum inside a 11/10 average kgirl and get her pregnant, you're going to smile and mutter to yourself: "you've made it, brah"
>>
>>27401525
[email protected]
my throwaway email. Feel free to shoot me your skypes anyone who is interested. Maybe we can get a skype group going or something
>>
File: 0006-1403585555443.jpg (309KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
0006-1403585555443.jpg
309KB, 960x1440px
>>27401679
A closer look at time.

What old people always say: "Enjoy your youth while you can because life goes by fast."

Life is nothing more than a ticking sand clock. Life slips away from your grasp, also imperceptible. A year passes by, then a decade. Staring back at the mirrior, is a middle aged man, sagging jaw line, with huge bags until his eyes. The man is you. Death is merely lurking around the corner. Time flies like a nigger jumping across the basketball court.

That's why there is this urgency to realize your death now before it withers away and becomes a forgotten memory. Most people on their death beds regret what they didn't do in life - like banging that one legged red head that works at Starbucks.
>>
I'm new to /fit/, so I didn't thought I ahould make a new thread for this: Can someone give me a simple routine for begginners? I've read the sticky but is not very specific. I already go run for cardio.
>>
File: 0007-1403525702056.jpg (1MB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
0007-1403525702056.jpg
1MB, 853x1280px
>>27401693
Realizing your dream requires a massive amount of time and effort - so you must do it today before it's too late ...

The story of two men

I met one guywho haven't stepped inside a gym in 18 months (he also pays for it, at $50 a month). He has the dumb bells and blowflex in his basement, collecting dust. When asked why he doesn't just exercise, he just shrugs. He's in his early 30s, developing a beer gut.

I also befriended one guy at the gym. Also in his early 30s, he told me how he started lifting: first, he went ot the gym for the first 2 weeks at 5:00 AM. He sat on the stationary bike and drank his morning coffee while reading the news paper. He didn't even bother pedaling.

After a week, he started to slowly. He did it for 2 weeks. Then gradually he started lifting weights. Now he's one fit mother fucker, and fucks the gym receptionist (in the ass, no less)

Morale of the story: it's all about the habits. We know that habits is what determines a man's destiny. It's just so fucking hard to start a habit and stick to it. No worries - we'll learn the art of sticking to good habits, so we'll be one smart, strong, /fit/ nigger.
>>
>>27393251
I tried this a few months back. I'm positive the shits that run the pool are trying to poison people. My vision was blurry for two fucking days with the amount of chlorine in that water.

So I was blind, and getting lapped by old ladies that have been swimming every day for decades. I stuck to running.
>>
File: le big guy quote.jpg (30KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
le big guy quote.jpg
30KB, 500x700px
>>
File: 0007-1403664703694.jpg (134KB, 540x764px) Image search: [Google]
0007-1403664703694.jpg
134KB, 540x764px
>>27401714
A man's collective thoughts affect is action, his actions become his habits, his habits become his character, his character is his destiny.

Attitude is everything. As billionaire Felix Dennis would say: "you have to believe that you can do it from the depth of your soul."

See life through the looking glass of optimism. Don't let small things bring you down. Let the haters hate. Be grateful that you're not a little starving nigglet in Africa, crawling through the savannah in search for water, while a vulture that resembles a Jew awaits you. If you're living in the first world country, you're going to make it, brah.
>>
File: 0009-1403527050961.jpg (49KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
0009-1403527050961.jpg
49KB, 480x640px
>>27401728
It's all about the habits, baby!

I like habits because habits are easy to do - like smoking or jerking off. What if we had the habit of picking up barely 18 years old at the movie threatre and licking that delicious pussy? What if we had the habit of being a serial entrepreneur, so we can have a tower of cash like a rich nigger? How about going to gym and lifting, so we can become a strong BBC.
>>
File: 0010-1403627391015.jpg (866KB, 891x1280px) Image search: [Google]
0010-1403627391015.jpg
866KB, 891x1280px
>>27401737

On meditation - meditate like a fucking boss

At the highest level, meditation is about finding the meaning of life and death. On the practical side, it's about being calm and getting hold of your emotions. You remain calm in a fight, as you clinically muay thai kick into your opponent's ribs, shattering it into 16 pieces. You remain calm, staring down the hottest girl in the club without flinching, therefore making her pussy wet, her juice dropping out of her panties and rolling into the dance floor.

Sit on the floor, in a half lotus position. Breathe in and out. Listen to Tibetan throating chanting, as they humm and oom and feel your whole being viberate, feels like your whole body is acesending into fucking heaven.

Your mind will fight against the idea of sitting around and staring at the wall and will backwards rationalize that you could be doing something better. Ignore it. As you sit, you notice random fucking thoughts arising from your mind. Observe those thoughts and let them pass through. Notice your breathing, air going in and out.

Resource: if you got an android phone, use insight timer. It keeps track of how many minutes you meditate, also has some free guided meditation audio. Highly recommended.
>>
File: 0007-1403580109109.jpg (380KB, 1440x944px) Image search: [Google]
0007-1403580109109.jpg
380KB, 1440x944px
>>27401758
On seduction - get that pussy wet!

On time, I was ordering sushi from this Korean restaurant. They didn't do delivery that day, so I went there to pick it up. The cashier greeted me - a nubile 21 years old Korean girl, with a tight body and nice rack, with a cute face. In other words, she was an average kgirl.

I paid for $46 plate of sushi by whipping out my wad of $100s in a rubber band. We're talking about a thick wad of cash, like a nigger's dick. Her eyes bludged open and her pussy instantly gushes out, dripping down her legs. She leaned back and slipped on the floor. I leaned over the counter and helped up. A week later, I banged her pussy until she cries.

Here are the "The Sixteen Commandments Of Poon" copied directly from the heartiste blog. Follow it and get your dick wet.

I. Never say ‘I Love You’ first

Women want to feel like they have to overcome obstacles to win a man’s heart. They crave the challenge of capturing the interest of a man who has other women competing for his attention, and eventually prevailing over his grudging reluctance to award his committed exclusivity. The man who gives his emotional world away too easily robs women of the satisfaction of earning his love. Though you may be in love with her, don’t say it before she has said it. Show compassionate restraint for her need to struggle toward yin fulfillment. Inspire her to take the leap for you, and she’ll return the favor a thousandfold.

II. Make her jealous

Flirt with other women in front of her. Do not dissuade other women from flirting with you. Women will never admit this but jealousy excites them. The thought of you turning on another woman will arouse her sexually. No girl wants a man that no other woman wants. The partner who harnesses the gale storm of jealousy controls the direction of the relationship.
>>
File: 0021-1403622744407.jpg (45KB, 553x750px) Image search: [Google]
0021-1403622744407.jpg
45KB, 553x750px
>>27401775
III. You shall make your mission, not your woman, your priority

Forget all those romantic cliches of the leading man proclaiming his undying love for the woman who completes him. Despite whatever protestations to the contrary, women do not want to be “The One” or the center of a man’s existence. They in fact want to subordinate themselves to a worthy man’s life purpose, to help him achieve that purpose with their feminine support, and to follow the path he lays out. You must respect a woman’s integrity and not lie to her that she is “your everything”. She is not your everything, and if she is, she will soon not be anymore.

IV. Don’t play by her rules

If you allow a woman to make the rules she will resent you with a seething contempt even a rapist cannot inspire. The strongest woman and the most strident feminist wants to be led by, and to submit to, a more powerful man. Polarity is the core of a healthy loving relationship. She does not want the prerogative to walk all over you with her capricious demands and mercurial moods. Her emotions are a hurricane, her soul a saboteur. Think of yourself as a bulwark against her tempest. When she grasps for a pillar to steady herself against the whipping winds or yearns for an authority figure to foil her worst instincts, it is you who has to be there… strong, solid, unshakeable and immovable.
>>
File: 0002-1403664134952.jpg (80KB, 510x777px) Image search: [Google]
0002-1403664134952.jpg
80KB, 510x777px
>>27401793
V. Adhere to the golden ratio

Give your woman 2/3 of everything she gives you. For every three calls or texts, give her two back. Three declarations of love earn two in return. Three gifts; two nights out. Give her two displays of affection and stop until she has answered with three more. When she speaks, you reply with fewer words. When she emotes, you emote less. The idea behind the golden ratio is twofold — it establishes your greater value by making her chase you, and it demonstrates that you have the self-restraint to avoid getting swept up in her personal dramas. Refraining from reciprocating everything she does for you in equal measure instills in her the proper attitude of belief in your higher status. In her deepest loins it is what she truly wants.

VI. Keep her guessing

True to their inscrutable natures, women ask questions they don’t really want direct answers to. Woe be the man who plays it straight — his fate is the suffering of the beta. Evade, tease, obfuscate. She thrives when she has to imagine what you’re thinking about her, and withers when she knows exactly how you feel. A woman may want financial and family security, but she does not want passion security. In the same manner, when she has displeased you, punish swiftly, but when she has done you right, reward slowly. Reward her good behavior intermittently and unpredictably and she will never tire of working hard to please you.
>>
File: 0017-1403912508812.jpg (887KB, 1014x1352px) Image search: [Google]
0017-1403912508812.jpg
887KB, 1014x1352px
>>27401809
VII. Always keep two in the kitty

Never allow yourself to be a “kept man”. A man with options is a man without need. It builds confidence and encourages boldness with women if there is another woman, a safety net, to catch you in case you slip and risk a breakup, divorce, or a lost prospect, leading to loneliness and a grinding dry spell. A woman knows once she has slept with a man she has abdicated a measure of her power; when she has fallen in love with him she has surrendered nearly all of it. But love is ephemeral and with time she may rediscover her power and threaten to leave you. It is her final trump card. Withdrawing all her love and all her body in an instant will rend your soul if you are faced with contemplating the empty abyss alone. Knowing there is another you can turn to for affection will fortify your will and satisfy your manhood.

VIII. Say you’re sorry only when absolutely necessary

Do not say you’re sorry for every wrong thing you do. It is a posture of submission that no man should reflexively adopt, no matter how alpha he is. Apologizing increases the demand for more apologies. She will come to expect your contrition, like a cat expects its meal at a set time each day. And then your value will lower in her eyes. Instead, if you have done something wrong, you should acknowledge your guilt in a glancing way without resorting to the actual words “I’m sorry.” Pull the Bill Clinton maneuver and say “Mistakes were made” or tell her you “feel bad” about what you did. You are granted two freebie “I’m sorry”s for the life of your relationship; use them wisely.
>>
Is there a flexibility programme that just tells me to what to do and when to help?

That link in the OP is so very vague
>>
File: 0016-1403528169123.jpg (193KB, 400x601px) Image search: [Google]
0016-1403528169123.jpg
193KB, 400x601px
How to become a smart, Harvard university educated nigger.

It's a saddening fact that the majority of people don't read. According to some studies, the average person reads 1 book a year.

When people do read, it's a shitty fiction book. The best selling book of 2013 was "Fifty Shades of Grey" about some college girl getting her pussy wet and drilled by a middle aged billionaire. The book collectively got pussies wet alright - mostly fat American middle age house wives (interestly enough, the book was a fan fiction of Twlight that got published online)

An old adage: "A man who doesn't read lives once, a man who reads lives a thousand lives." That's why you got to read, and read alot, like a nigger studying for his Harvard exam.

I highly recommend an e-reader like the Amazon Kindle or Kobo. You download all the books you want for free, thousands of books at your finger time. Interestingly enough, studies found that people who own an e-reader read more, simply because it's convenient.

Reading is a mind fuck. To learn about Genghis Khan as he raped and pillaged countries with his bros (he got teenage pussies every night) and almost became the king of the old world. Or about Julius Caesar (my nigga) who bang bitches, goes to war and stacks money because he's the fucking emperor.

How about learning the great wars and ancient civilizations? How about learning about the future (muh singularity!), nano-technology, 3D organ printing and artifical intelligence?

I went into the book store in 2011 and smacked $150 into the cashier counter - I'm getting myself a fucking e-reader, as spur of the moment thing. The cashier, who has her blouse unbuttoned with her bra exposed (now that I think of it, she wants the strong Asian dick) giggled as I bought the electronic.

Before then, I read books here and there. After buying the e-reader, I read 30-40 books a year (without spending a dime on buying books because I'm a fucking Jew, hehehe *clasp hands together*)
>>
>>27401775

why don't you just post the link you fucking faggot

http://heartiste.wordpress.com/
http://heartiste.wordpress.com/the-sixteen-commandments-of-poon/
>>
>>27401834
You can watch youtube for a flexiability routine
>>
File: 0005-1403912068006.jpg (280KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
0005-1403912068006.jpg
280KB, 1000x1500px
>>27401880
>Here are the "The Sixteen Commandments Of Poon" copied directly from the heartiste blog. Follow it and get your dick wet.
>>
>>27393357
>improving yourself is autistic
>>
-Started re-learning French; I used to be fluent after taking 4 years in high school, but I've mostly forgotten it all

-Started writing my own budgets; I'm still just a student with a part time job but every little bit helpls

-Cutting down on time I spend playing video games, especially League of Legends

-Tracking books that I read, aiming for at least one every two weeks

-Learning how to cook basic meals

A couple other various things, still working on getting things together
>>
>>27401929

why don't you just post the link you fucking faggot
>>
File: 1401673757224.jpg (248KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1401673757224.jpg
248KB, 1366x768px
>>27392988

yuk yuk 4chin
>>
>>27401872
>now that I think of it, she wants the strong Asian dick

you almost got me
>>
File: 0046-1403914340922.jpg (1MB, 1200x1311px) Image search: [Google]
0046-1403914340922.jpg
1MB, 1200x1311px
>>27402051
lol!

Here are some books I read this year:

01. Six Feet Over: Adventures in the Afterlife by Mary Roach
02. The Way of the Fight by Georges St. Pierre
03. Poker plays you can use by Dough Hull
04. Musashi: An Epic Novel of the Samurai Era by Eiji Yoshikawa
05. Playing The Player: Moving Beyond ABC Poker To Dominate Your Opponents by Ed Miller
06. How To Read Hands At No-Limit Hold'em by Ed Miller
07. Gulp: Adventures on the Alimentary Canal by Mary Roach
08. The Way of Men by Jack Donovan
09. Throw Them All Out by Peter Schweizer
10. Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife by Eben Alexander
11. One Summer: America, 1927 by Bill Bryson
12. The Mobi Manifesto by Ralph Ruckman
13. Mobile Marketing Guide by Raph Ruckman
14. Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing by Marcus Luttrell
15. Orange Is The New Black: My Year In A Woman's Prison by Piper Kerman
16. Ghost in the Wires: My Adventures as the World's Most Wanted Hacker by Kevin Mitnick
>>
>>27393538
When I try to meditate, I always get really uncomfortable and it just gets annoying focusing on my breathing. Kinda like the feeling when you suddenly notice the weight of your tongue in your mouth. How would you get rid of this feeling ?
>>
OP do you reference/re-read these books after you read them? Or do you just retain all the information
>>
>>27401671
But why? This about improvement, no reason to hate my friend
>>
File: 0007-1403585594070.jpg (433KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
0007-1403585594070.jpg
433KB, 1000x1500px
>>27402156
Because people hate what they cannot have.
>>
>>27401793
Nigga are you quoting david shade?
if anyone wants to know the source of this guys post just check out david shade's and brad p's stuff, it's pickup, but david shade has EXCELLENT sexual advice
>>
>>27402156
This.
The guy with the hatred is one of those idiots who becomes complacent with what he has and doesn't strive to be greater
>>
File: 0008-1403912180030.jpg (284KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
0008-1403912180030.jpg
284KB, 1500x1000px
>>27402120
Next books I'm reading:

Who Owns The Future by Jaron Lanier (500 pages)

The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William L. Shirer (1,000+ pages)

Get smart nigger, no time wasting playing video games nigger, gotta be a smart nigga!
>>
>making further progress towards acquiring job
>second interview with firm in Boston next week
>would be a big move for me and I only really have on friend in Boston which is kind of scary but I guess being put out of my comfort zone would cause personal growth
>>
>>27402195
Reading Rise and Fall of the Third Reich right now. Only 100 pages in (its fat as fuck) but so far so good.
>>
I'm 18. Is it too late to stop sucking my thumb ? Why should I ?
>>
>>27401758
Awful advice on beginning meditation
>>
File: 0008-1403653995095.jpg (185KB, 600x803px) Image search: [Google]
0008-1403653995095.jpg
185KB, 600x803px
>>27402217
Nice, good job my nigga, how many minutes do you read per day?
>>
>>27402299
not nearly enough. I'll read 30 minutes to an hour before bed some nights but also will listen to podcasts other nights. Back when I was commuting via train for work though I had glorious 3 hours of reading a day
>>
>>27402217
Read Fest's Hitler too. Normally I hate history but that 800 pages went by insanely fast.
>>
>>27397049
>>27400074

Yeah it's not that great, but it's above average I'm sure.
r-right?
>>
File: 1402372650459.png (154KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1402372650459.png
154KB, 2048x2048px
Well, looks like I don't have yellow fever.
>>
File: 0041-1403670947599.jpg (138KB, 560x839px) Image search: [Google]
0041-1403670947599.jpg
138KB, 560x839px
>>27402353
Nice bro, nice.

>tfw reading at Starbucks on your kobo like a smart nigger
>tfw carrying thousands of books in your hand
>tfw not having to carry a big ass 1,000 page book and trying to read it
>tfw you're not longer pretentious enough to have a big book shelve, so you can show off "muh books!" to your friends
>tfw started reading on the e-reader in 2011, read over 120 books since then
>tfw it all started with buying a kobo with the physical button, back in 2011 (lol!)
>>
>>27402516
Hey, there ain't nothin wrong with liking the feel of a real book; many people I know prefer it over that of an e-reader.

That being said, I use both for maximum efficiency.
>>
ebooks... lol i thought you guys were alpha not 12 year old girls
>>
>>27402516
Yeah I've read much more because of my kindle than I would've otherwise. Easier to hold comfortably when lying down, and I torrent everything so I'm much more likely to start a book this way.

>>27402407
will look into it. I'm still on the part of his rise to power in Rise and Fall of Third Reich (just gave one of his first big Nazi speeches) and he's a fascinating goy
>>
>>27402516
Am I strange for not liking e-readers? Personally, I love the feel and smell of books. Whenever I walk in a bookstore, I get an euphoric sense of giddiness and anticipation, I feel lightheaded and excited.

On the other hand, I want to live a minimalistic lifestyle, and it seems as though an e-reader would help with that.
>>
>>27402675
nah, I don't like them either. Real books are awesome, and some of them have cool artwork on them, too.
>>
>>27402675
>Am I strange for not liking e-readers? Personally, I love the feel and smell of books. Whenever I walk in a bookstore, I get an euphoric sense of giddiness and anticipation, I feel lightheaded and excited.

It's okay if you don't like e-readers, everyone has their preference. Maybe in the future there won't even be e-readers, we'll all be reading books on our google glasses.

As for the "high" from the smell of books, it's actually glue and other decaying material like pulp that you're smelling, thus making you high.

>On the other hand, I want to live a minimalistic lifestyle, and it seems as though an e-reader would help with that.

How far are you into your minimalist journal? Got rid of your clothes down to 3 outfits, etc?
>>
File: 0016-1403621597645.jpg (292KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
0016-1403621597645.jpg
292KB, 800x1200px
>>27402721
Forgot to add a pic.
>>
>>27402675
analogue media still has a place--I collect records because I like the look/feel and the act of collecting something is very pleasing to me.

that said i use an e-reader. it fits nicely into my jacket pocket so I'm able to just read a lot more often when on a subway or w/e because of it
>>
>>27392988
So far:
>learning German, almost fully fluent
>starting to learn French
>skincare routine morning and evening
>teeth whitening (only 1 day in on it)
>lifting (ofc)
>meditation daily 15-30 min
>stretching
>reading an hour a day
>>
>>27402721
pretty fucking minimalist over here.

everything i own is in the trunk of my car.
>>
>>27392988

I just want to 2nd the book Models by Mark Manson. It's the only book on "pickup" I've found worth anything and does wonders for deprogramming you from the "bitches and whores" mindset which is corrosive and toxic.

Nice job OP
>>
>>27402297
the guy has pretty bad advice on everything
>>
>>27402516
>implying there is anything wrong with owning and showing off physical books
When you have a child whose household looks like a library, chances are he/she will be more prone to read a book. Rather than falling into our modern children's form of entertainment- Watching some cartoon about "uncle grandpa" farting in a shoe and pooping on someone's nose
>>
File: 13613448221385010052[1].gif (14KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
13613448221385010052[1].gif
14KB, 1024x768px
>>27401693
>ticking sand clock
>>
>>27403121

Or you could just take your kid to a real library and let him choose his own books instead of trying to pass down your shit and make your kid resent reading
>>
File: 0008-1403585623572.jpg (50KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
0008-1403585623572.jpg
50KB, 1024x576px
>>27402832
Nice, same here. 3 out fits, laptop, e-reader, documents, that's all.
>>
>>27403145
>all those implications
Consider a scenario in which some child's parents had an entire housefull of books, but never once tried to get their son/daughter to read a single one of them.
The very fact that the child grows up around books and sees mom and dad reading, will generate a natural tendency to *want* to read
>>
>>27402832
that makes you a hobo
>>
how do I get a job?
>>
File: 0015-1403585867119.jpg (370KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
0015-1403585867119.jpg
370KB, 1280x1920px
>>27403180
>not saving all your money to travel, experience the world, retire young

Nigger do you even fiance?
>>
>>27401360
IKTF but first it must master myself
>>
>>27403224
some guys sellign me a motor home for 500 bucks. works fine, even has new tires.

been thinking maybe ill just squat in that thing and work full time saving up money to invest in. Lots of empty space to hide away in here in canada.
If i get pots and pans etc i can even get a fire going for bathwater. lol.
>>
File: 0003-1403653631160.jpg (606KB, 924x1200px) Image search: [Google]
0003-1403653631160.jpg
606KB, 924x1200px
>>27403318
Yes, why not, it's like Thedore experiment of living in the woods.
>>
File: 1388885704511.jpg (184KB, 1080x1065px) Image search: [Google]
1388885704511.jpg
184KB, 1080x1065px
>>27401679
Holy shit, Deja Vu.

This must be apart of my destiny

Thank you Natty Deer
>>
>>27402805
these are pretty much my ideal self improvement habits

only adopted a few of these but im hoping that over the coming months i'll pick more and more things up
>>
>>27400982
interesting, thanks
>>
>>27401360
OP here...... uhm I dunno mate, u still there?
>>
drove myself both into and out of anorexia.
the out of part has been pretty fucking bomb so far. life is beautiful.

tfw not allowed to raise heavy circle objects yet because need muh energy
tfw >3500 cal diet
tfw gained 11-12kg so far with negligible fat gain
>>
>>27401687
sent some, jedah69
>>
>>27401679
how do I into project?
>>
File: smug.png (17KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
17KB, 120x120px
>stop cursing
>>
>>27402217
Currently listen to audiobook of Orange Is The New Black during my train commute (cause I watched the series), and reading Too Big To Fail at night.
>>
>>27392988
this thread is for weak willed faggots.

that being said, if you are a weak willed faggot, read up pussy bitch.

read the slight edge by jeff olson. it will change your weak willed bitch boy ways
>>
File: hitchens 1.jpg (70KB, 614x381px) Image search: [Google]
hitchens 1.jpg
70KB, 614x381px
Regarding reading:
“In my whole life, I have known no wise people who didn't read all the time -- none, zero. You'd be amazed at how much Warren(Buffett) reads -- at how much I read. My children laugh at me. They think I'm a book with a couple of legs sticking out".”

? Charles T. Munger, Poor Charlie's Almanack: The Wit and Wisdom of Charles T. Munger

Also, fuck this thread, I'm going to clean, stretch, brush my teeth (and floss), do some reading, then go to bed. Fuck yeah.
>>
>>27393080
>Zinc
enjoy cancer
>>
>>27404547
Ooooook?
>>
>>27404300
>I am so much better than people that don't read
He can't even tuck in his shirt properly.
>>
File: 0030-1403847816983.jpg (1MB, 1274x1701px) Image search: [Google]
0030-1403847816983.jpg
1MB, 1274x1701px
>>27404172
You're welcome. I'll be sure to work harder on my guide and complete it, then make it a .pdf for free.
>>
>>27404300
if hes so much wiser why did he die of cancer?
christians 1
atheists 0
>>
>>27405050
You do realise that is Christopher Hitchens not Charlie Munger
>>
>>27393059
>not liking calculus?
What are you? An uneducated nigger?
>>
>>27399985
Did u do anything different from last year?
>>
>>27401303
Fucking This
>>
>>27392988
Not sure if this thread is alive anymore but

>http://fergusonross.com/
Get his 16 habits, its a good start off.
>http://www.kratosguide.com/
Has some pretty motivating articles
>Start documenting your progress
>Nofap
here are some benefits, not all will apply to you but some will
http://www.reddit.com/r/NoFap/comments/1qe22v/benefits_of_not_masturbating/
Good luck
>>
How do i stop stuttering
>>
>>27401728
I was gutted felix dennis passed away last week
>>
>>27405667
top kek
>>
>>27393034
Man Child detected
>>
>>27401872
Why do you say nigger so much? At least one tiem in all your advice. It substract of your credibility a lot dude.
>>
>>27408753
thats not the OP
>>
got my GPA majorly up this year, no more being satisfied with just passing classes, either I'm in the 80+th percentile or I'm shit

started exercising

das it mane

babby steps
>>
>>27401296
http://momentumblog.bcm.edu/2013/08/09/avoiding-screen-time-before-bed-helps-boost-chance-of-quality-sleep/

http://www.sleepnumber.com/individual-needs/improve-sleep-quality

http://chriskresser.com/how-artificial-light-is-wrecking-your-sleep-and-what-to-do-about-it

http://lifehacker.com/5778483/screen-reading-before-bed-still-bad-for-sleep-and-we-all-still-do-it

There you go
>>
>>27401872
>How to become a smart, Harvard university educated nigger.

>Be born in to the right family
>Be born with at least bare minimum 120 IQ
>Work all day everyday with little to nothing else going in your life

Pick one, or even two. Good luck being an average joe and getting in to Harvard.
>>
>>27403210
By applying to at least 100 different places. Thats how. Seriously, its a numbers game mate. Maybe work on your people skills as well.
>>
>>27402980
>I just want to 2nd the book Models by Mark Manson. It's the only book on "pickup" I've found worth anything and does wonders for deprogramming you from the "bitches and whores" mindset which is corrosive and toxic.
Thirding this, most of /fit/ would benefit from reading it.
>>
>>27409557
heh
>>
>>27401809
>golden ratio
>2/3
thats not the golden ratio
>>
>>27410976

>tells something is wrong
>does not contribute with the correct idea

k
>>
>>27392988
>blames self for world
...what
what?
>>
>>27402149

acknowledge it's there, and let it run it's course. Eventually your mind will wonder away from it, as it will all thoughts... each day you meditate it gets a little bit easier to focus on your breath, it and out.
>>
>>27393080
I thought you were trying to read 8 hours a night, and thought that was kind of extreme
>>
>>27412356
lol
>>
>>27401775
>>27401793
>>27401809
>>27401826

>self improvement thread
>PUA rhetoric & generalizations

choose one
>>
>>27392988
How do I make my dick hueg?
>>
File: 1404243924692.jpg (293KB, 500x2015px) Image search: [Google]
1404243924692.jpg
293KB, 500x2015px
>>27413247
Kegels and PE exercices brah.
>>
>>27401303
This
>>
>>27412196
you should know that the golden ratio is 1.618
>>
File: 0010-1403664855134.jpg (169KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
0010-1403664855134.jpg
169KB, 1024x682px
bump - finding average kgf ;__;
>>
what are PE exercises? What does PE stand for?
>>
>>27401775
I don't know anon.

I think a man should discipline himself and contain his sexually energy. Find spirituality in himself instead of being blinded by lust and things like pulling out wads of 100$ to show off but then again we're all different.
>>
>>27413988
Proton Enhancing
>>
>>27402217
muh nigga
>>
>>27392988
mah nigga, great thread

I'll save the text on your OP and post it back if the thread 404's
>>
File: 0026-1403847348523.jpg (301KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
0026-1403847348523.jpg
301KB, 800x1200px
>>27413160
>being beta and red pill

Pick two.
>>
File: 0030-1403583015238.jpg (39KB, 560x771px) Image search: [Google]
0030-1403583015238.jpg
39KB, 560x771px
How to find "free" time to get things done

We live in an age of distractions. Facebook, video games, emails, endless shit tier TV shows, some phone game about a fucking red bird flying. As we engage our minds in this mindless persue, time ticks away and the death reaper lurks in the corner.

Introducing - the minimalist life style.

"Minimalism" is a new buzz word, invented by SWPL. It's about living with less stuff, so you can focus on more important things in life. Live life like an ascetic, minus the religious part.

Personally, I own 3 outfits, a laptop, my e-reader and paper documents. Depending on your life style, you may need more stuff - that's understandable. It's not a dick waving contest on who has the less stuff - instead, it's about decluttering what's un-necessary, so you have time to persue your dreams, instead of letting it wither and die.

Consolidate all your books into an e-reader (you can torrent unlimited books into your e-reader), pick 3-5 stylist outfits and donate the rest of your clothes away. Sell your desktop and buy a 13 inch laptop.

Strive to simplifed your diet, your weight lifting routine, your finance.

Current consumer society says "consume, consume!" as our Jewish master greedily rub their hands, giggling "good goy!". It's time to take a stand and say shout "NO". Spend less, so you have more money saved up for more important things: traveling across the world, retiring early, persuing your dream and passion.

Edit your friends - ditch people who are negative to your life, like mother fuckers who borrow money and wouldn't give it back, or people who put you down. Spend time quality time with quality friends who will enrich your life. After all, time is ticking.
>>
File: 0008-1403664769922.jpg (173KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
0008-1403664769922.jpg
173KB, 800x533px
>>27417352
Here are some minimalism feels:

>tfw traveling for 2 weeks and you only bring 2 outfits
>tfw donating all your books to the local charity and buying an e-reader, with thousands of books stored inside
>tfw everything you own fits in the trunk of your car
>tfw you'll never have to worry about losing stupid shit again
>tfw you spend all your time reading, hanging out with friends, starting an e-business, lifting, meeting new people and traveling all over the world
>tfw you only been using your laptop for 7 years without touching your desktop
>tfw minimalism teaches you not to care what other people think
>>
>>27413988
Penis enlargament brah.
>>
mfw when someone remade my self-improvement thread after i stopped doing them because they were terrible
>>
Any good podcasts to listen to while I commute or have free time in general? Sciences, news, fitness, anything worth listening to pass time
>>
Never trust anyone who posts average koreans on a chinese cartoon board.
>>
>>27417422
I really want to become minimalist but honestly, I have so many things that I don't know where to start and end up giving up on decluttering. Any advice to help getting started?
>>
>>27396208
I read a bit of that Dale Carnegie book and I really didn't get why people liked it. All of his advice (talk to people about themselves, help them feel important, smile, etc) was stuff I'd heard before/figured out on my own. Maybe that just shows how influential the book is, but I didn't think it was worth buying. Also, 99% of the book is just a bunch of anecdotes which I found pretty useless
>>
>>27420048
should have just watched his videos online, why pay for the book?
>>
>>27393150
The question is, are you benching 3plate ?
If not, then no, get your bench worthwhile first, then you can think about isolation.
>>
>>27401701
are you joking? the sticky has a bunch of programs for beginners
>>
really glad that these self-improvement threads have become a recurring thing here

it's important for everyone to try to better themselves each day, even if it is in small changes. i was a lazy piece of shit for a long time. i eventually made a few small lifestyle changes and it has improved my outlook on life immensely
>>
>>27401360
>menial desk job
>>tfw nobody shares that "I want to rule the wo
same here, I thought I was the only one that wanted to gain massive self awareness.
>>
>>27392988
I read the sticky to understand the importance of your diet and exercise.

I read the Book of Pook to understand testosterone and masculinity.

What can I read for how to attract a date and social matters? What's acceptable and what's not? I feel like How to Win Friends is too outdated.
>>
>You have to do these things to improve your life

You're joking, right?
>>
My main things right now are:

-cut more (going slow but it's going)
-figure out what the fuck to do with my hair
-figure out a hobby that I like that doens't make me such a fucking turbonerd.
>>
>>27421823
>How to Win Friends is too outdated
If you haven't read it, you're missing out simply because it's solid advice. The specific details of topics discussed by people have changed, but the overall content has remained the same for generations.

>what can i read for how to attract a date
Models by Mark Manson
>>
>>27403241

my nigga
>>
>>27401303
>Moot should make an entire board dedicated to self-improvement.
I fucking agree to no end.
Yes. Lives would change...
>>
>>27401679

typical red pill bullshit

go read a fucking book instead of reading this sensationalist crap that just convinces you that you've already made it and aren't a complete piece of shit.
>>
multivitamin and zinc regularly
reading dale carnegies book
reading a six sigma management book
read a project management textbook
got my shit together for planning my degree
actual decent eating, still have a ways to go
stretching routinely

on deck for the rest of this year:
kick ass this semester
find some kind of internship or entry level position in my field
get into skin care at some basic level, would love to have some basic care and makeup to use routinely, will be checking ops link
meditate more frequently
try to stop cursing so damn frequently
pick and start learning the language of a country id want to visit

how am i looking /fit/?
>>
>>27392988
>meditation
Spirituality shills please go.
One can only find peace and control through objective, logical discourse with themselves and others, not through subjective introspection.
>>
File: 1396139173495.png (128KB, 579x523px) Image search: [Google]
1396139173495.png
128KB, 579x523px
>applied to target at end of spring quarter because I'm speeding on the track to nowhere
>just got a voicemail back asking me to call back about my job application
>lied about my references and volunteer work and can't remember them
>have no social skills and friends and lack speaking skills, especially to intimidating authority
>scared to call back for the interview because I can't bullshit anything and then I would have to follow up for another interview
>making up excuses so I can avoid calling back
>>
File: 4695[1].jpg (116KB, 330x357px) Image search: [Google]
4695[1].jpg
116KB, 330x357px
>>27422222
>Searched through literally about 500 different job listings
>Applied to all the ones I'm capable of doing
>Willing to do the most basic and remedial work
>One denial so far, no other responses

Got lucky last year and landed a position at a place hiring several dozen new workers. Made my resume as good as I could too. This is literally the one aspect of my life that needs improvements. Hate leeching off my mom like some NEET piece of shit
>>
>>27422222
>quitns
Do it bro. Become the middle manager you were always meant to be.
>>
>>27394242
lol
>>
Well, I doubled my benchpress maximum without steroids using that Billy Starr program. Went from a wimpy 110 to a more respectable 220 in about 4 months. I can also do pullups now without assistance. Still need to cut off some fat, but having an upper body made of steel really helps with dat confidence. I pull some pretty wicked poontang now and have more friends because I've cut down on being so introverted.
>>
>>27422278
Dude, make a special resume for every job you apply to. Look thru the job listing, and look for "keywords" they list in the posting such as required skills and shit. 80% of resumes are rejected by machines looking for matches on key words. Don't submit one to a place without customizing it to them. Put a goal statement at the top stating you want a position doing x and x for the company.

WAY better chance of getting your shit looked at.
>>
File: 1396927745945.gif (2MB, 238x178px) Image search: [Google]
1396927745945.gif
2MB, 238x178px
>>27422222
>dem digits

nigga, DAT JOB IS YOURS NIGGA
>>
>>27422388
That's good advice. I don't have a lotta experience though, so it'll be a bit hard. I'm at the point where I'm just gonna try to get an under-the-table job working construction.

Both my sisters got really good jobs when they were my age through my mom, but they were at high-end salons and women's hospitals. God damn female priv scum
>>
What do I say for job interview questions if I have never been in an experience and am really bad at dealing with problems, teamwork, adversity, learning from mistakes, social skills, dealing with customers etc.
>>
>>27422499
do exactly as this man does
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULqAIbjCsXE
>>
>>27422550
I saw that already and it seems fake
>>
>>27422550
>watch tv and play video games
>black belt in kempo karate
>>
>>27420905
>>27401360
>>27400982

Successful entrepreneur and business consultant here; my niggas, it's good to know /fit/'s motivated in aspects other than just fitness and health.
>>
>>27422346
Can you tell us more about the program? Need to get my chest fixed
>>
File: qq.gif (1MB, 305x239px) Image search: [Google]
qq.gif
1MB, 305x239px
>yfw whether you are MLK Jr or Hitler you will struggle fruitlessly at every turn and die and be returned to infinite nothingness regardless

why even try? why not just find what makes you happy and spend as much time (your most valuable resource) as you can enjoying being alive
>>
>>27422700
Because that's for pussies and faggots, god or no god.
>>
>>27422730
and judging how other people live their lives and having some sort of unrealistic void filling goal is?

try and work on your self esteem you might care less about this type of bullshit
>>
>>27422700
>implying working to achieve goals doesn't equate to being happy
I'm with you on the ultimate futility of it all, brah, but at the same time, how many fuckers out there continually indulge in the little things that make them temporarily happy (or sometimes merely numb) but are still depressed as fuck?

By all means, if you're totally happy and content with not achieving anything in your life outside of a massive stack of steam achievements and TF2 hats, good on ya. But for the majority of people, living directionless and without some form of purposeful work isn't really living
>>
>>27422761
>indulge in the little things that make them temporarily happy (or sometimes merely numb) but are still depressed as fuck?
sure but thats where you need to recognize the marginal utility of things and understand at some point X is detracting from your overall happiness

sure having goals is great and that can be the pursuit of happiness in itself, but i cant help but wonder why all these people grind themselves to the bone all for what? in the end what does it all really mean... just find ways to be happy to be alive

so tired going to bed goodnight
>>
>>27422758
Stay mad, loser.
You can moan about utter futility, or you can go make something of yourself.

Your life is as valuable as you make it. Will you be a sad creature pursuing temporary delights, or will others remember you as a great man?
>>
>tfw just want to stop fixating on what people think of you so you have more confidence and do more shit

how do i do this
>>
>>27422801
The means are the end. Life is an adventure, not a game.
>>
meditate 20 mins every day right after i wake up
learn new supple leopard "lesson" every day
codeacademy erry day (just started but goddamn gamification and interactive learning for the mother fucking win)
workout or basketball errryday
foam roll almost erry day and mobility stretches
and yes i read an ALOT everyday. a stupid amount. almost a compulsion.
also i work irl so that about takes up my entire day erry day. and i mediate and try to improve myself daily through small small iteration. its very fulfilling and makes me feel great about myself tbqh.
>>
>>27422346
Its actually in the /fit/ sticky.
>>
>>27422833
>meditate
For what purpose?
>>
>>27413313
thanks based anon.
I've been doing that program for 2 weeks now, and I haven't experienced or measured any sizable growth, but I suppose I must continue for a few months or possibly years to see any real results.
>>
>>27422801
Because for some people, happiness is merely the absence of unhappiness. Because they put their nose to the grindstone, they don't have the time or energy to devote to thinking negatively.

As for the marginal utility concept, that can be harder to determine in and of itself simply because at a certain level, the minor boost in temporary happiness is enough to be considered happiness, despite the fact that it can unknowingly contribute to feelings of overall unhappiness. There's a bit more universality and simplicity in saying "one should work to achieve their goals to be happy" rather than saying "the things that make you happy can also make you unhappy and you must line up the opportunity costs to find that out"

>>27422816
Go out and do shit. Seriously. You're not confident because you fear failure and create an ideal that people's opinions equate to failure. Go out, get shot down. Learn failure is not what you think it is, and is not the be all end all situation in life. Soon you'll be doing all kinds of shit and don't care who has anything to say about it
>>
>>27402152
I'm curious too. Not just for OP but for everyone.
Do you guys just retain info or is there a constant back-and-forth reaffirmation thing?
>>
>>27401714

great fucking post. the line about

>
After a week, he started to slowly. He did it for 2 weeks. Then gradually he started lifting weights. Now he's one fit mother fucker, and fucks the gym receptionist (in the ass, no less)

is a motherfucking masterpiece of motivation. would bro out with
>>
>>27402152
>>27422889
Not OP, but generally, it is a good idea to revisit some of these books simply because you can often learn something different or better understand an already learned concept after gaining some experience in it. Your mind picks up on different things at different times which can contribute to new ideals and thoughts about the same subject matter from the same source
>>
>>27422346

Great job brother, stick with it!
>>
>>27393080
8 hours can be too much. If you are healthy adult you should get at least 7 hours. Don't lay in bed pissed off you are awake at 5 am after sleeping 7 hours. Don't continue laying in bed and end up sleeping another 2. Just wake up and start your day. You'll be fine. Only teenagers need at least 8 hours of sleep a night.
>>
>>27401758

you are my favorite poster. its not close. would def be an eager follower of your cult. lmk.

eta: daily yoga app is pretty gr8., they have a 15 and 20 min session into guided meditation that includes light stretching plus music and mantras that has gotten me to stick with it. haven't tried the other yoga centric sessions they have but i like it
>>
>>27392988
when meditating how do I know I'm doing it right and not just counting my breath while seated
>>
>>27422857
mental self improvement. staying in the moment. it has quelled my anxiety about the future and rumination on the past by 1000x. im extremely skeptical by nature. but goddamn the improvement is tremendous. and this, of course, is over time.
>>
>>27423004
treat it like a lift. the perfect form is a progress. its about the journey not the result. bringing your thoughts back to your breath is the exercise. there is no perfect form. you just get better at it.
>>
>>27423031
I was just curious whether there was anything I was missing, it's going very well even with <20 mins of experience so far
>>
>>27392988
>-Learn to play an instrument (imagine having 10 years of experience playing the piano when you're 30)

> mfw i'm 28

> mfw i've been playing music for 12 years

i don't know how to feel.
>>
File: 1401254876673.png (345KB, 1346x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1401254876673.png
345KB, 1346x1754px
>>27422192
>>
>>27422833
Sounds like you have tons of social interaction with all that "self improvement"
>>
>>27423068

i do. when i'm at work and when i workout and play basketball i interact with people nonstop. plus when i fuck qts and go out on the weekends occasionally i socialize as well. still an introvert at heart tho :)
>>
>>27422809
>others
must suck living your life for others

also when you educate yourself a little more you will quickly realize humans will be gone in a cosmic blink of an eye... were not even close to the longest last creature this baby planet earth has seen

keep the delusion up tho if it keeps you going
>>
>>27423004
>>27423048
that's the point

just sit and breathe,

-being-

being in this particular moment
>>
I cleaned the house, I cooked dinner for a bunch of people that were visiting (and myself), and just started duolingo.
>>
>>27401809
>True to their inscrutable natures
>Woe be the man who plays it straight — his fate is the suffering of the beta. Evade, tease, obfuscate.
>when she has displeased you, punish swiftly
This is some of the most crigeworthy shit I've read in a very long time. Sure these 'rules' have a few kernels of truth in them, but they are over thought and read lie they've been written by some 30 year old virgin
>>
>>27423270
Just want to say thanks to the OP and most of the people in this thread.
>>
>>27402120
I find very little value in this list.

A few of the books I've read this year:

1. A Short Account of the History of Mathematics
2. On the Origin of the Species
3. Newton's Principia
4. The Nature of the Chemical Bond
5. The Shape of Design
>>
>viruscomix
>>
I dont wanna to these for self improvement.
I want to do it because I like it
How?
>>
>>27423828
>I want to do it because I like it
>How?

doing it.
>>
>>27401809
>hurr bitches ain't shit

That is some PUA shit right there. And not the good stuff either. Aim to find a girl you wanna spend your life with. If she is worthy of that, she is worthy of equal treatment, like how you treat a bro. (Just remember never to put the pussy on a pedestal).

If you have to look over your girl like a child, obviously you have a shit tier gf.
>>
Also when you haven't slept good/enough? This is a major issue with me
>>
>reddit
>believing in a site full of queerios
>>
File: newppl.png (1MB, 731x721px) Image search: [Google]
newppl.png
1MB, 731x721px
>>27392988
"Live your life like you're being followed by a camera crew that are making a documentary about you" - Rene Descartes, 1623
> Cameras
> 1623
>>
>>27420636
>this retard
>>
I bought a electric pressure/slow cooker and for the past 3 months I had nothing but home cooked food(its like kindle for books, you use it just because its there), feels fucking great, to be honest never felt better in my life
>>
>>27392988
I reconnected with friends I hadn't spoken to in 4 years. Nice to see the connection was still there.
>>
>>27427527
>weakfag
problem? cant even 2 pltes?
>>
>>27427497
thanks for pointing that out , no one has noticed
>>
Anybody got braces at a "late" age? I'm 25 and my dentist said that my teeth are still moving and will get more crooked at the front.

I'm tempted by Invisalign since money is no object.

Thoughts?
>>
>>27428351
if money is not a problem then get implants and have perfect teeth for the rest of your life
>>
>>27428351
Invisalign I have heard takes longer and is only 80% as effective as regular braces (also may not be available in all cases). There are people up through their 60s who have gotten braces.
>>
what is a good e-reader to buy to torrent with? or just a good cheap one in general.
>>
>>27429288
Go for a cheap one dude.
>>
Sincere question: when did Self-improvement became "isolate yourself from the rest of society because you don't like it".

That's not healthy. I'm all for inspiration and thoughtfulness but we NEED others to be sane. Isolation is the worse thing that can happen to anyone. Just take a look at /r9k/.

You don't need girls who have all your interests, people don't need to share your ideology and world views to still be friendly. It's just a mentality of running from reality because you can't seem to handle it.
>>
>>27431260
Confucius said "Have no friends inferior to yourself."

Are you smarter than Confucius?
>>
>>27429288

The sony reader is shit, I fucking hate it.

Read up on it, I think I remember reading that the kobo or the kindle were the best.

Whatever you get, get a used one. You can find them on craigslist or kijiji for close to nothing.
>>
>>27431260

Its more of not wanting to face reality and the world until you're ready to present the best version of yourself possible.
>>
Well. today i browsed 4chan since i woke up. Thats like 10 hours
>fml
Thread posts: 261
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.