[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video Game Concept Art: /fa/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: residentevil2_conceptart_eNjKR.jpg (186KB, 800x596px) Image search: [Google]
residentevil2_conceptart_eNjKR.jpg
186KB, 800x596px
I'm a student filmmaker looking to start some freelance work of my own and I was wondering if anybody could share some concept artwork from video games in particular. The reason being is that they're the best source material for me. I'll post what I have.
>>
File: residentevil2_conceptart_HlOb3.jpg (124KB, 487x600px) Image search: [Google]
residentevil2_conceptart_HlOb3.jpg
124KB, 487x600px
>>
>>
File: Leon_Concept_Art.jpg (49KB, 640x456px) Image search: [Google]
Leon_Concept_Art.jpg
49KB, 640x456px
>>
File: Ark_Thompson.jpg (206KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Ark_Thompson.jpg
206KB, 800x1200px
>>
>>12563843
Could you explain what you mean? Freelance filmmaking? As in commercials and music videos? Why do you need video game concept art? Are you looking for costume department inspo? You're being vague as fuck my man.

Have you made any stuff yet? What kind of movies do you (want to) make? What/whose movies do you like?
>>
How is this /fa/?
>>
>>12563917
Sorry dude, I wasn't thinking when writing. Freelance in terms of making my own production company (eventually, once I graduate). I'd like to use my free time as a student to make my own films, of any genre. I'm currently browsing /fa/ looking for inspiration for costume choices. I want to ensure every detail in my films are accurate. Video game concept art helps give me the guidance needed to draw my own concept art, they play the same role as one of those articulated marionettes used by artists, imo. I've made things in university but I don't have them with me, unfortunately. I'm really into surrealism, actually. I enjoy all kinds of movies, though I've been looking into ero-guro anime such as Suehiro Maruo's 'Midori'. I really do enjoy cyberpunk as an aesthetic so I generally lurk the techwear threads too.
>>
>>12563935
Costume inspiration. I suppose it has something to do with fashion if I generally see a lot of actors wearing their costumes in films posted here as inspiration.
>>
>>12563949
in terms of costumes, what did you have in mind? Contemporary clothes? Period correct clothing? Do you have any sort of details as to what sort of character you want to dress? What's their personality like? Do they carry certain items with them?
>>
File: IMG_20170619_144233_360.jpg (74KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170619_144233_360.jpg
74KB, 768x960px
>>12563843
Im doing the same OP
i know jack shit about fashion but i can into video game art so i just lurk this board.
All the time spent here made me realize i dress like shit so i just dropped 400 on some prep and streetwear, wish me luck.
>>
>>12563962
Well, I recently had a look into the whole 'post-apocalypse' theme and I had to make a short film for a university project which I based off the aforementioned theme. I just really liked how certain colours complimented the forest setting that I had, so I'm really into colour coordination without it being too blatant, if that makes sense? I currently do not have a specific idea I'm stuck on right now, but there are plenty written down in case I ever come back to them in the future. Right now, I'm just looking at general fashion bur I'd say that I particularly like basic outfits such as the ones I have posted.

>>12563976
It's a real struggle, isn't it? Best of luck with your choices!
>>
>>12564085
color coordination is very important and a good thing to learn. Also look at how silhouettes affect character designs, both in connotation and as how the play with appearance.
>>12563863
has loose pants with a bulky jacket, giving him a 2000's thug sort of look, while possibly also making him appear shorter.
>>12563860
has a distinct 90's hero look. The curtained hair, the high waisted, slightly tapered pants and somewhat voluminous top lend itself to a heroic silhouette (big shoulders + small waist/legs, like a comic book hero)

basically, just take note of how clothes can change the appearance of the shape of the body, along with the associations we make of both the clothes, the colors, and the bodytype of the character.
>>
>>12563843

>>>/gd/
>>
>>12564564
Very good analysis. Thank you for your contribution to the thread.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.