[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fragrance General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 41

File: feve.jpg (426KB, 3000x1950px) Image search: [Google]
feve.jpg
426KB, 3000x1950px
LAST THREAD >>12530901
---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://fragrance.org/intelligence/knowledge-center/
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites/blogs
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.parfumo.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.boisdejasmin.com/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://www.theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.surrendertochance.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
File: 1494567268423.png (4MB, 5560x3312px) Image search: [Google]
1494567268423.png
4MB, 5560x3312px
>>12542837
If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...
>>
>>12542837
I fucking loved this fragrance until I went on fragrantica and someone said it smells like playdoh and thats all I could smell after that
glad I didn't cop
so family I'm ready to cop VIW or Aventus probably both but I'm paranoid that the batch I receive will smell entirely different from whats in store
more concerned for aventus because each time I've checked in store(like every 3-4 months) its smelled entirely different from repulsive to really nice
>>
Reposting from last thread

Does anyone else use a spray of a fragrance before bed? I'll sometimes do it with comforting ones like YSL L'homme
>>
>>12542858
Only if sleeping with someone
>>
>>12542858
Every night. Got a pretty decent collection of bottles and decants and there's no way I'd ever get through them in under 20 years without spraying something on at night before bed.
I usually go for something soft, warm and sensual
>>
>>12542858
Cozy evening frags are great at bedtime, especially in cooler months. I like to sleep in ambers, ouds and gourmands in particular.

Also nice that when you consistently wear a bedtime fragrance, your bedsheets and room will carry the basenotes forever.
>>
Would you recommend pic related or bleu de Chanel?
>>
>>12542902
allure homme sport eau extreme
>>
>>12542855
Shit, I was just about to pull the trigger on aventus. I had maybe 3 samples each bought a couple of months apart and they all smelled the same. I thought at this price you wouldn't have to worry about batch codes and stuff like this
>>
>>12542902
Bleu EdT
>>
>>12542858
Yup. I buy cheapies specifically for this purpose. I like to just have something generic and sweet to sleep in. I find it helps me relax.
>>
>>12542882
Does the longevity of the frag, for example something that fades out quick like something from Playboy, cause the sheets to not smell as much?
>>
>>12543519
Certainly. Stronger concentrations and heavier scents will linger on fabric for longer than weaker ones. That said, I use my 6 ounce bottle of CK One as a room / linen spray and it lasts decently long.
>>
>tfw 24 Gold Oud is clearly recognizable on my sleep shirt after going through the washer and dryer
Is there a better performance-for-the-money perfume? I doubt it.
>>
Let's get some things out of the way that come up in every thread.

If you want girls to compliment you: Dior Sauvage.

Other fresh, well-liked fragrances: Bleu de Chanel, Versace Pour Homme, Versace Dylan Blue, Paco Rabanne Invictus, Creed Aventus.

If you want a cheaper Aventus alternative: Club de Nuit apparently smells bad for the first half hour then it is similar to Aventus. Pineapple Vintage is supposed to be a good alternative as well.
>>
>>12543575
The 24 frags in general have amazing performance. Evenntheir lighter scents like Ice Gold last forever. Very underrated house.
>>
>>12542902
They're different enough that it warranted having both in my collection, as well as the Eau Extreme EDP.
>>
>>12542902
Definitely Bleu de Chanel or >>12543050
If you like the smell of Allure Homme Sport then check out Versace Pour Homme, essentially the exact same fragrance, just airier are more transparent, performs slightly worse but not so bad as to justify paying over twice as much for the Chanel
>>
File: paco-rabanne-invictus-deo-stick.jpg (34KB, 578x578px) Image search: [Google]
paco-rabanne-invictus-deo-stick.jpg
34KB, 578x578px
Has anyone used this? How different does it smell from the original?
>>
>>12543693
You're that guy that keeps posting deodorant sticks of designer frags. I saw your sauvage post in the last thread.
If you can't afford to buy the actual fragrance, then look around for a few cheapies.
>>
>>12543693
>designer deodorant

BOLY BRAAAAP
>>
>>12543693
Shave your armpits, buy some Dial soap and a crystal deodorant stick, and scent your pits with actual perfume rather than a shitty wax cylinder.
>>
I'm pretty new to the whole frag thing, but I'm thinking about copping one or two for summer, and maybe one to hold on to until fall.

What do I get? I've been looking at getting some lalique white, and grabbing some burberry london for fall, but idk what else.

Help
>>
>>12544401
Without knowing anything about you or what you like, I'd say refer to
>>12543578
>>
>>12543578
Don't listen to this guy. He simplified it way too much.
>>
egoiste> egoiste platinum
>>
>>12544485
So many posts only these threads are people asking for recommendations and being told Sauvage, BdC, etc. Or asking if Sauvage really gets compliments. Or people asking if CDN is any good. It's in every thread multiple times, so people are going to get that same advice whether it's in a generalized post or not.
>>
>>12544401
Lalique White is brilliant!
If you're after a inoffensive citrus-based frag for summer try CK One. It dries down into gorgeous creamy amber after a few hours. Also consider CK One gold, smells amazing, better thanthe original, just more expensive.
If you're looking for an all round pleasant frag try Ed Hardy Love & Luck, its supposed to be a 'clone' of creeds milisime imperial. Think salted fruit with a dash of sage, it might sound weird, but goddamn it is great.
Another one that may interest you is Sauvage or Prada Luna Rossa Carbon. They're both a mix of pepper and ambroxan. Prada tends not to last as long as sauvage, but is also apparently 'less offensive' to perfume snobs. IMO sauvage isn't offensive unless you spray it 4+ times, people who say otherwise are the same as those who slammed Bleu de Chanel for being a cop out, yet now claim it as a must have landmark men's fragrance.

Tl;dr, for summer try citrus or white florals, if you're game go for something a bit more out there like lalique encre noire sport or EH L&L
>>
How can I possibly test niche fragrances?
All of the mass produced designer ones smell like shit to me.
For example, judging by the description, Tauer Lonestar Memories may fit my taste, but the only way to get them is ordering them from the internet. And I don't wan't to order such an expensive cat in the bag cause it may very well be not what I'm imagining myself to be.
>>
>>12544716
Not a fan of Love and Luck, myself. To me, it's a very pale imitation. Creed MI is one of my favorite frags of all time, L&L just lacks the complexity and nuance. It smells much more artificial and doesn't have those amazing burnt orange and melon notes that MI has. I know MI is expensive, but it really is worth buying. Don't cheap out on that one.

>>12544737
Order samples. There are a bunch of links in the OP. If you have shops like Sepohora, Saks, etc. in your area, go in and ask for a sample or two. At very least, they'll have a tester you can try.

You're right, it is a very bad idea to drop niche frag money on a bottle of something you've never sampled. Could wind up paying 200.00+ for something you hate and will never wear. Always sample first.
>>
>>12544737
luckyscent for the bulk of niche frags
theperfumedcourt for designer/discontinued stuff/ frags you cant find on luckyscent
blackphoenixalchemylab is an esoteric fragrance place of its own
>>
>>12544609
this

antaeus tho...
>>
Anyone here tried Prada L'homme? How does it perform? How do you like it?
>>
Does fragranceshop.com sell legit fragrances?
>>
does the EU have more fragrance restrictions than the US? I know the EU has the IFRA but I don't know if it's as strict as whatever the US has.
>>
>>12545133
>IFRA
>International Fragrance Association
>International
>>
>>12545139
The IFRA doesn't have as much power as they do in Europe. In the US, the FDA is more lenient and only regulates some parts of the fragrance industry under certain conditions, which lets ingredients such as Oakmoss to be used naturally whereas in the EU, they have to use a synthetic form due to Oakmoss causing allergic reactions in some people.
>>
>>12545139
>>12545152
Also the IFRA isn't legally binding.
>>
File: nd.45668.jpg (74KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
nd.45668.jpg
74KB, 300x450px
Behold, Serge Lutens' take on Secretions Magnifiques
>>
>>12545937
For some strange reason they also have a little black kid in the advertisement
>>
>no new post in 11 hours
>>
Okay so which do you guys prefer and why? Bleu de Chanel edt or edp
>>
>>12546051
I prefer the ancient egyptian BdC parfum de toilette that the Pharos used to splash liberally on their niggers (ironically white slaves, where are muh reparations?) it has been saved in a crystal bottle seized from the mystic treasures of an antarctic grotto, wrapped in diamond encrusted cashmere and queefed or farted on my the most recent monarchy of the world.
>>
>>12546065
*by
>>
>>12546051
I think the EdP smells better, but the performance, strangely enough, is worse than the EdT. The EdP winds up smelling like faint amber and smokey wood after like 30 minutes. The EdT retains its depth longer, though still only lasts a few hours.
>>
>>12546065
>>12546068

Whew lad
>>
>>12546051
>>12546070
The EdT is the only option. It is brighter, more lively, and lasts eight plus hours.
>>
>>12546173
I just don't think BDC is for me either way, honestly. They're pricey for designer scents and just nothing special, in my opinion. I'd rather spend a bit more and get Creed MI or something.
>>
I want a manly smell that covers my musky sweat smell easily all year around. Also very affordable and great bang for buck.

Thanks
>>
>>12546362
a shower and some deodorant
>>
>>12546376
No I mean my sweat is very, very strong. Has to do with my testosterone being almost twice as high as for an average 20 something man
>>
>>12546381
allright, but covering up body odor with perfume is generally a bad idea.
>>
>>12546392
It is, but that odor is impossible get rid of, there is no antiperspirant on earth that can stop it.

SO just please recommend something if you have something
>>
>>12546397
Fragrance won't cover BO, it'll just mix with the BO and smell fucking rancid. Go talk to your doctor and get hormone therapy or something.
>>
>>12546304
150 bottles in my collection and BdC is in my top ten wear list
I think it's a lovely all purpose scent
>>
File: 26020_l.jpg (13KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
26020_l.jpg
13KB, 350x350px
Need something for daytime in warm weather. Previously wore Colonia Club, enjoyed the grassyness of it. Also a fan of woody scents. Found it harder to find daytime summery stuff as I like the more heavy scents like leather and tobacco oud. Male, 31, up to about £100.
>>
>>12542902
I picked up ahs first, then bdc edt a few months later. There is a place for both. Personally I think bdc does better in the cold, both do well in heat.
>>
>>12546392
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
Yves Saint-Laurent L'Homme
>>
>>12546442
Eh, have to agree to disagree, I guess. I just don't find it to be worth the money, personally.
>>
>>12546425
Wtf youre insane ok

Damn didn't know FA was this full of faggots. Literally all other boards are more helpful.
>>
>>12546496
thanks
>>
Looking for recs if anyone can help me. I know very little about fragrances in general but this board seems to have some knowledge about the topic.

Sex: Male
Season: Winter
Style: Blacks, Whites, Greys, Minimal Designs, Casual (Jeans, Tees, Sneakers/Boots, Jackets, No Suits, etc.)
Budget : <$150? (Not sure about prices since I'm relatively new to this.)
Dislikes: Fruity scents, "Masculine" scents (Old Spice, Axe, etc.)

Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>12546603
He's not wrong, though. Cologne won't cover up nasty BO.
>>
Is about 90-100$ for a 100ml of YSL Free Jazz reasonable?
>>
>>12546633
one of my favorites is TM Pure Havane. great rich cherry with the TM DNA. if you don't want the cherry, all of its flankers are pretty much fantastic, Pure Malt getting particular acclaim. for cheapies, Burberry London is always a safe bet, as is Dior Homme Intense (strong iris, sweet). Armani Code Profumo is good too if you like cardamom.

looking for a good, light spring/summer scent, cheapie. i work outside and want to smell great in the heat. currently rolling with Set Sail Martinique but the aquatic lime is getting on my nerves
>>
>>12546748
Versace Pour Homme. I know it's reccomended a lot, but it truly is invigorating every time you smell it. it's the kind of scent you go out of your way to smell your shirt for after it's stopped projecting, it's just so good
>>
File: nd.34893.jpg (41KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
nd.34893.jpg
41KB, 300x450px
>>12546748

I work at a country club pool and this is what I wear
>>
>>12546789
isn't that the one that comes in 200ml? i've heard it has sorry longevity, what's your experience in that department?

>>12546791
thanks but i work minimum wage, tom ford is not something i'm going to put on for work

anyone have experience with rasai? thinking about Al Wisam Day
>>
>>12546791
oh also i too work at a country club, but i do greenskeeping for the golf course
>>
>>12546803
Idk about the 200ml thing, but its longevity IS sort of lackluster, only 4-5 hours. Still, lt smells so great and never gets old, plus it's cheap af.
>>
>>12546474
Have you tried Guerlain's Vetiver? It's got both the things you're looking for and can work as a summer scent.
>>
>>12546836
oh 4-5 hours i can deal with, i'll just take it to work and reapply. i was thinking it was some sort of nautica thing where it goes away after an hour and a half. thanks for the rec
>>
>>12544753
For under 1/10th of the price, im happy with something that doesnt suffer from batch inconsistencies
>>
File: nd.1849.jpg (31KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
nd.1849.jpg
31KB, 300x400px
Well well, inspired by this thread and responses I went on a romp. Got me the recommended clone of this and then a YLS la nuit clone. Anybody used parfume parlour before? Seems pretty legit based on youtube reviews at least, we will see. Never was going to spend more than 20 quid anyways since my last bottle that cost a fiver has lasted for 4 years.
>>
>>12546603
Ease up chad. No one cares about your inflated testosterone or microdick. If you come here asking for a recommendation and get one, dont be a bitch.
Personal aside, I used to be in a similar situation as you with the extreme sweat and bo. What helped was to trim my armpit hair, shower twice a day, drink a fuck tonne of water and to use either a mineral deoderant or medical-grade deoderant along the lines of 'rexona clinical protection'.
Other anon was right when he said bo and frags dont mix well. Whatever you choose will only amplify your "musky manly sweat" and stink out a whole room. If you want to smell like a man, get your personal hygiene up to standards first
>>
>>12546919
best clone for tuscan leather is hands-down rasasi la yuqawam. it's like $70 but worth every penny
>>
>>12546940
I find it rather comical that you still imply it is my personal hygiene. But it just shows why Fa is regarded Fa, and why it is so slow. Sad.

Also I was just explaining why someone smells more, and to date, nothing can be done about sweat completely since then you die of overheating. But we
>>
>>12546997
Hilarious that you have to pay 70$ for a clone... Its like paying 2000$ for a Rolex clone, while the real deal is 5k

Its obvious the fragarant faggotry in this indsutry is not worth more than a once in decade mall visit or a free christmas gift.
>>
>>12547026
It's not about sweat, it's about your testosterone level, which can, in fact, be fixed. And you can get as mad as you want and not accept that wearing a fragrance won't just mix with your BO and not help, but that won't make it true. Fragrances react to your body chemistry, if you have issues with odor due to your body chemistry, fragrances will just smell funky on you.

Don't come here and ask for advice, then act like we're the assholes because you don't like the answer you got. You're acting like a petulant child.
>>
>>12547040
ok have fun paying >$150 for a tom ford while i wear a strikingly similar fragrance for less than half the price. btw i fuck with the likes of xerjoff and pdm, i'm with the clone because it's almost the same fragrance.
>>
Just copped me cdg amazingreen and I fking love it
>>
>>12547081
what's the performance and longevity like
>>
Is it a good idea to buy organic unscented deodorant and shower get from Etsy?
I just want nothing to interfere with my frags and i dont want the aluminium stuff. I say Etsy because i just wanna pay for 1 shipping.
>>
Anyone have any recs for a good, classy-smelling shaving cream scent? I got a sample of Penhaligon's Tragedy of Lord George and it was nice, but way too expensive for how basic a scent it is.

Any recs for either something similar but cheaper, or something in the same price range but more sophisticated? Not looking for something floral-soapy, more that classic barber shop creamy shaving soap smell.
>>
>>12547316
invasion barbare is pretty much the holy grail of shaving cream style scents but check out YSL rive gauche and margiela replica at the barbers for something cheaper
>>
>>12546397
>>
>>12547367
I sampled Invasion Barbare, liked it and might grab it at some point, but it doesn't really give me that shaving cream vibe. I don't really associate lavender with shaving cream.

I'll check out the others. I kind of want something very old-school, y'know what I mean? I'm not such a young guy, so I can definitely pull off a dad scent.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 279x181px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 279x181px
Very interested to know what are your favorite Oud based scents fellas?

It's by far my favorite note, and I think very few designer brands really "get it".
>>
File: odor-block-wash-us.jpg (24KB, 680x840px) Image search: [Google]
odor-block-wash-us.jpg
24KB, 680x840px
>>12546362
>>12546381
>>12546397
>>12546603
>>12547026

Either a really bad troll or someone that probably would thinks he knows better if he visited a dermo and they gave him similar talking points anons did ITT.

Either way, I have the perfect cure for you <3
>>
>>12547086
it doesn't project very far at all past a couple of hours on the skin, but will maintain this level for a day or so.
It is very cold at the moment where i am so bear that in mind, probably better performance in hotter weather

This suits me though because I mostly wear fragrance for me and don't want to project too much
>>
>>12547078
No I mean it should be around 20-30 bucks in comparison. Since you can get a Rolex homage for 200-500 dollars instead of 5k.
>>
>>12547592
Im not even trolling but we. I guess its understandable in a thread where people are obsessed to smell good, people would look down on you for smelling naturally "bad".
>>
The new Imaginary Authors frag is Josh's best yet desu
>>
Can somebody plz explain why grills like this stuff so much? I like Sauvage much more: It feels cleaner, greener, fresher, and warmer all at the same time while being undeniably a better composition. However, it's so popular that whenever I wear it, it's pretty much indistinguishable from the rest of the crowd. Invictus' popularity is kind of dying down so I dont smell it as much anymore as when I was in college. I literally get atleast one compliment from (most very hot) women every time I wear it, and the very first time I wore it out after I got it as a gift I got laid. Are grills just plebs?
>>
>>
Got samples of MI and VIW today. Not sure about MI yet, dont think I'm a fan. Really like VIW though, would definitely wear this. Just doesn't warrant a $200 price tag though.. ahhh why do Creed do this
>>
>>12547790
>Are grills just plebs?

Yes.
>>
>>12547882
VIW is a solid summer frag, but I do not get why people like MI so much. It smells super salty and kinda like rust to me. I thought it was just me but my bro was with me when we sampled it in a store and he got the same vibe as well
>>
>>12547916
Yeah the salt is a bit much. And it has that super generic base that a ton of designer frags have which I have never gotten from a Creed frag before. Definitely my least favourite Creed so far
>>
>>12547790
Is Dylan Blue popular around your area as well? Go switch to that if it isn't yet. That thing is a compliment machine as well
>>
on the topic of creeds
>tfw cant decide between green irish tweed or chez bond
they're both so good
>inb4 cool water
that shit smells like rubbing alcohol
>>
>>12547921
Can't really comment because I've never tried bond no.9 but I can't recommend GIT highly enough. You won't be disappointed
>>
>>12547316
ysl rive gauche pour homme? supposed to smell like shaving soap. never smelled it myself.
>>
>>12547458
>wanting to smell like a Muslim
>>
>>12547790
It honestly smells good. It's sweet and fresh and masculine and appreciable at face value as opposed to other frags which are far better, but you really have to know frags to appreciate. It's like the frappucino to a black cup of expensive, fine coffee.
>>
>>12547916
>>12547919
Personally, I don't get a ton of salt from MI, and I love the smooth citrus and melon. Also, women love it on me. By far my most complimented scent. I just find it to be a very classy, versatile scent.
>>
>>12547930
chez bond is very similar to GIT, although chez bond's drydown has a tea vibe. owners of both say that chez bond has more performance tho. man im so torn
>>
>>12547999
I haven't smelled anyone wearing MI yet, it's probably one of those fragrances that projects way different rather than smelling it directly on skin
>>
>>12547996
>but you really have to know frags to appreciate
I want this meme to end, all you have to do is not be a pleb to appreciate higher end/nicher fragsm it doesn't take you 10 years of fragrance knowledge to suddenly appreciate stuff more
>>
File: SJ_back.jpg (87KB, 860x1147px) Image search: [Google]
SJ_back.jpg
87KB, 860x1147px
anyone sample this yet?
>>
>>12548089
That's what I meant by "have to know frags". Like basic knowledge. Even being into them for a few weeks is enough.
>>
>>12547964
But anon, I am a Muslim. What have I ever done to you?
>>
>>12547726
What's the general longevity of Imaginary Authors frarances?
>>
>>12547726
>>12548295
Same anon
Also - how wearable are they? I know this is a pleb question but recently I've been trying to sample more niche frags and with most of them as much as I can appreciate what they are going for it's hard for me to imagine wearing them (zoologist for example)
>>
Is Azzaro Onyx a good cheapie for Autumn?
>>
>>12548295
>>12548316
in terms of longevity, the ones I've sampled have been really good on me, with the exception of saint julep and falling into the sea, but those still last a couple of days on clothes. easily 12+ hours, with A City On Fire and Memoirs of a Trespasser taking 24 hours and a shower to get rid of. I'm actually wearing Cobra and the Canary atm, going on 10 hours and still hovering 3-4 inches off my skin, although it's pretty much all leather with a hint of orris at this point. still nice.

in terms of wearability, I'd personally rank them like this:

>crowd pleasers
The Soft Lawn
Falling Into the Sea
Saint Julep

>Not for everyone, but inoffensive
Yesterday Haze
Cape Heartache
Memoirs of a Trespasser
The Cobra and the Canary
A City On Fire (if you let it calm down before getting close to people)
Every Storm a Serenade

>risky
slow explosions (my personal least favourite, that apple note is tart af)

>unwearable around humans
Bull's Blood
A City on Fire (opening)
>>
>>12548381
Thanks, will definitely sample some of them when I get a chance.
>>
>>12548381
oh, and memoirs of a trespasser is the strongest projecting on me. It's hardly extreme, but people will smell me at arm's length. A friend of mine absolutely loves it and points that out any time I wear it around her. Still a bit smoky and resinous to be a real crowd pleaser imo, but definitely going to get a full bottle for fall/winter
>>
Montale Dark Aoud when do you even wear that? I enjoy it for what it is but it's basically unwearable. 2 images come to mind. The least obvious is some sort of VERY High class hunter's house, almost going in nobility. The most obvious thing most people will be reminded of will probably be a BBQ. Steak with spices.
>>
For the anon who mentioned wearing frags to bed, how many sprays should I use to make the sheets infused with the basenotes?
>>
Montale Dark Aoud is only getting worse, smelling more and more medicinal. shit frag desu
>>
>all those positive reviews of Dark Aoud on luckyscent

wtf desu
>>
Dark Aoud is as sweet as a 99% cacao chocolate bar
>>
File: australian.png (337KB, 488x644px) Image search: [Google]
australian.png
337KB, 488x644px
Somebody made a /joke/ about niche frags smelling like bugspray and camping and BBQ ... Dark Aoud it is
>>
>>12548745
>>12548748
montale is really hit and miss ime. landshark didn't have anything nice to say about it and i generally agree with him. if you want something with sandalwood, try mancera sand aoud. one of my favorite frags to date, really unique and lovely
>>
>>12546633
solid recs here: >>12546748
and adding:
Bentley for Men Intense
Body Kouros
Coromandel
Égoïste
Midnight in Paris
Sycomore

>Subtle
is more dependent on application
>>
>>12546737
>Free Jazz
Never heard of it. You mean Live Jazz? What is it selling for on line?
>>
>>12549014
oh yeah to add to the comment on subtle, very few fragrances are actually pungent. manceras tend to come on really strong, as do some tom fords and creeds (which they fucking better), but it's almost always a case of "i wanted to smell good so i gave myself 10 full sprays"
>>
>>12546840
Seconding GV
>>
>>12547078
I prefer LYpH to TL.
>>
>>12547458
Homage
Aoud Cuir d'Arabie
Aoud Lime
>>
>>12549022
My bad, yeah I meant Live Jazz. It's discontinued and ebay seems to be the only place where you can still find it. Prices seem to have been jacked up since it used to go for around 60 a few years ago but now it looks like 100 is the standard price for a 100ml.
>>
Montale Dark Aoud is so bad holy shit
>>
File: cQtlhD48EG0SY.gif (905KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
cQtlhD48EG0SY.gif
905KB, 240x228px
Montale Dark Aoud is the worst non-conceptual fragrance I smelled.

Ephemera trio doesnt smell good but it's a concept frag so it's understandable

Secretions Magnifiques too

I didnt like Eau Noire that much but it's not as bad as Dark Aoud

Who would have thought that my then-favorite house would make the worst one

FUCK YOU
>>
Fuck Montale and their disgusting synthetic/medicinal shits. Because of Dark Aoud all the montales smell like shit now.
>>
>>12547458
Not really a fan of the note, but like Rose Anonyme and Leather Oud.
>>
>>12548900
thanks
>>
>>12546748
>light spring/summer scent, cheapie
212 Men
Agua Lavanda
Eau Aimable
>>
>>12549030
>>12549014
>>12546748
thx for the advice anons
>>
File: 1484443210872.jpg (68KB, 749x835px) Image search: [Google]
1484443210872.jpg
68KB, 749x835px
>>
>>12549410
We need fragrances houses to start putting out meme tweets, that'd be great
>>
File: creed-for-kids.jpg (28KB, 360x450px) Image search: [Google]
creed-for-kids.jpg
28KB, 360x450px
>Creed for kids exists

Holy shit, that's almost as ridiculous as baby cologne. I'm sure all their little kid friends will truly appreciate the intricacies of the 235 dollar niche fragrance you're slathering them with
>>
Do Montale frags even develop? it's like they just face into an horrible medicinal mess. DArk aoud opening was alright, now it smells like shit. black aoud was my favorite, but i realized it smelled weird not because it was fading away but because it was just the normal progression. damn.
>>
>>12549465
Dude, we get it. You don't like Dark Aoud. You don't need to post about it 10 times.
>>
>>12549501
nothing is stopping me
>>
>>12549526

I'm all the way up
>>
>>12549526
Just stop. Why ruin a thread? Let's have a civilised discussion avout why you dont like it
>>
including sex Man, 22 y/o, gonna be working at my clinic so need something subtle that doesnt overpower the mood(?)
price range 0 -250 usd
seasons/weather: Warm climate, gonna be working at my office
occasions: everyday work
personal style/aura you want to project, etc...: Dunno, maybe something with authority but kinda young(?)
>>
>>12550033
What kind of clinic? You probably shouldn't even be wearing a fragrance.
>>
CDG Black
Regime des Fleur Falling Trees
Profumum Arso

Pine frags smell too similar to me. Their little variations make not a whole lot of difference to me.
>>
save some money and buy green irish tweed, even if you only get the small bottle
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 184x172px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 184x172px
Whats is the Best A*Men/A*Men flankers for each occasion and who are the bad ones Anons?
>>
>>12550864
IMO the best are the Original A*Men, Pure Havane, Pure Malt, Ultra Zest, Pure Leather, Pure Tonka, Pure Wood & Taste of Fragrance
>>
>>12550886
Not him, but how's Kryptomint? I can get it pretty cheap, wondering if it's worthwhile.
>>
>>12546065
man, i really wished your post was actually funny :/
you put so much thought into it.
>>
I recently copped armani code colonia. Thoughts?
>>
Is midnight in Paris only available from sketch ebay sellers?
>>
>>12550945
I asked about it in the previous thread and sadly no answer :(. What do you think? I only smelled it once on a strip but it seemed ok.
I want to check out some new releases to stop hearing about how things "used to be great but been reformulated 10x since"
>>
>>12550864
personal favorites are Pure Havane and Kryptomint. heard that Pure Coffee was good too but have not smelled it
>>
>>12550911
it's pure zest but with mint instead of orange. take it as you will
>>
>>12551028
Some stores still have it. I picked up a bottle at a store in Amsterdam a couple months back, so it's still around. Might be harder to find online, though.
>>
>>12551032
Im having some buyers remorse... its very subtle and fades quickly. I cant tell if I like it or not. I feel like after an hour its gone. The scent is more for my gf since she's the only one close enough to smell it
>>
what does a pharmacist wear. I was thinking BDC i know it's pleb but won't have anyone bitching
>>
Recs for:
Male,
academic setting
Los angeles
(Summer/hot weather)
I like fresh, citrus smells, aquatic.
$0-$150
Want something you can smell from no more than 1 foot away from me. Not overpowering either
>>
>>12551419
SIlver Mountain Water, YSL L'homme. Something masculine, but light and pleasant.
>>
Has anyone here bought a sample from scent split?

There's a scent from Byredo I want to try, but I don't live anywhere near a place that sells it.
>>
Dior Homme or CH Men Privé for general cooler weather wear?
>>
>>12550033
don't wear anything if you're going to be interacting with patients you nigger
>>
>>12550033
Molecule 01
>>
How is bvlgari blv compared to burberry london? Mainly for catching girls at uni.
>>
>>12542845
Cant you convert this to a pastebin? Not being able to ctrl+f it is really annoying
>>
>>12551436
Terre d'Hermès (as well as Eau Très Fraîche)
Mugler Cologne
Boucheron pour Homme
Live Jazz
>>
File: thmampm_aedt10-01__8.jpg (125KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
thmampm_aedt10-01__8.jpg
125KB, 800x800px
>>12550864
You and your wallet are better off buying decants and deciding that for yourself as reviews are polarized.

Also, they these frags have damn decent performance for EdT's. So, look forward to spending a decent chunk of change should you decide to cop a bottle.
>>
>>12551419
idk man there's not really anything "pleb" when it comes to fragrance. i know several people who are seriously into fragrance, owning several >$200-300 bottles and every one of them buy and use cheap/common frags all the time. wear what you want

that said you need to be a bit more specific. for the spring/summer i'd suggest Set Sail Martinique for a cheapie, Al Wisam Day for a middle ground, and a Creed if you want to spend a bunch of money. SMW is a good choice like the other anon said.
>>
>>12551518
yeah i buy decants from a facebook group all the time. go ask to get in the biggest one and i'm sure someone will do a split of whatever scent you want
>>12551569
apples or oranges for a general lunch food? very different frags, go smell them
>>12551704
an even better idea is to just buy samples of a bunch of shit and see what you like. everyone's nose and skin are different, what smells good to me might smell awful to you, and what smells good on me might smell awful on you.
>>
>>12550864

they're all for clubing and nothing else
>>
>>12551569
>>12551775
I have smelled them and like them both, that's why I'm asking here, what do others prefer between the two and why
>>
>>12551816
who cares what others prefer? which do you prefer?
>>
>>12548092
Yep. Powdery. Fresh and floral. Good scent for chicks
>>
File: o.33120.jpg (88KB, 602x900px) Image search: [Google]
o.33120.jpg
88KB, 602x900px
>>12551769
>>12551495
thank you anons, just ordered samples of SMW, aventus, Orlov flame of gold (should be interesting) and jub 25
>>
>>12548381
For some reason I have a huge problem with the longevity of mosaic... Love the frag but it seems to die instantly. Almost within an hour.
>>
File: 3365440245266.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
3365440245266.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>12551775
>everyone's nose and skin are different...

Don't I know it. I got a reverse compliment wearing pic related to work the other day. Fuck em, I love it.

What I meant was regarding the A*Men flankers specifically. Many reviews say Pure Malt smells like pure shit while others say it's the best shit ever. Same with the new Kryptomint.

Sampling the A*Men flankers is a definite must.
>>
>>12551864
honestly have yet to hear anyone say pure malt is shit, afai knew it was pretty universally liked. kryptomint has mixed reviews but like i said earlier it's basically pure zest with mint. doesn't stray too far from its parent, like all the others, so it's hard to go wrong
>>
>tfw becoming anosmic to only a few parts of a frag for the first time

Weird as fuck, smelling Sauvage like this makes it seem like an entirely new scent. Sorta smells like baby powder and a bit of spice, definitely not going to continuously wear the same scent for 12+hours again
>>
>>12551696
Why those?
>>
>>12551893
could be your nose is just changing, rather than becoming anosmic you're just noticing new things and evolving in the way you smell things, leading to the frag changing for you. happened to me with dior homme intense, was one of my first frags. when i first got it i smelled a pleasant vanilla, but nowadays it just screams IRIS. still a great frag but not what i smelled before, my perception just changed because i expanded my palate rather than becoming anosmic to any part of it
>>
>>12551893
Did you fall for the signature scent meme?

Just rotate your frags on a 24 hour basis and you should be good.
>>
>>12551900
No, I can still smell what I smelled before under the cap because it's really intense there, but sprayed on skin/paper it's so weird right now. I'm glad you brought up the noticing new parts of fragrances, though, ever since I got into this I've been appreciating more and more the differences between fragrances, whereas before all cologne/perfume smelled one way to me when I didn't wear it/give a shit. It's just fascinating how much that changes, huh?

>>12551905
Nope, just wore it to work then reapplied it later when I went out for the night, then one spray on wrist later to see if I was smelling things right. How many fragrances do you reccomend to rotate between?
>>
>>12551934
just think of it like a pair of shoes, if you only have one pair of shoes, you're basic, from there its just how many options you wanna have. i dont think theres anything wrong with having just a standard daily fragrance but i would recommend one for work, one for casual, one for going out/dates and one for higher class occasions. of course there are fragrances like allure eau extreme that can fit every category there, but wearing one frag to everything gets old and people will definitely notice if you change it up from time to time.
>>
>>12551897
because they fit the criteria of what you asked for faggot
>>
>>12547367
The closest I ever got to Invasion Barbare was Penhaligon's Sartorial and Histoires de Parfum's 1725. Invasion Barbare is still noticeably more peachy and I'd buy it of I could afford it. Otherwise the 2 are almost identical, except that Sartorial has a witty metallic "ironing" note as well while 1725 is more warm

Both are really great renditions of that traditional barber shop fragrance though.
>>
>>12547833
Very loud orange blossom, which I find myself liking despite mediocre reviews online. This reminds me of what a loud and brassy old-fashioned American heiress in her 50s would smell like, in a good way.

Wish my mother would wear this but it's far too loud for her liking.
>>
>>12550233
Wait till you get a chance to smell N Cigale's Pin Mystique. I've smelt some fragrances but, my God, that one stunned me in my tracks for a while. Holy grail.
>>
>>12551893
If you think you are becoming anosmic to the scent you are wearing, try moving to a different room or go outside for a minute. I also notice my day's fragrance whenever I wash my hands at a bathroom or kitchen sink. Something about contrast and/or moving air does the trick.
>>
>>12551864
>reverse compliment
What did they say? RGpH is very easy to overapply. One of the few 1-2 spray bottles I own.
>>
>>12551897
because
>>12551436
but
>>12552032
is what I though to myself
>>
>>12552546
>What did they say?

I don't remember exactly, but she gave me a compliment the last time I wore an aqua. I don't like aquas.

>RGpH is very easy to overapply.

I only sprayed twice.
>>
>>12552697
The aim of my question was to find out what a reverse compliment is, basically...
>>
Gucci Pour Homme II is fucking incredible
>>
is it acceptable for a doctor in a clinical setting to use perfume?
>>
>>12553015
not really unless it's something super light
>>
>>12553016
big bumer
>>
>>12553015
>>12553016
>not really unless you live in Saudi Arabia
>>
File: byrbdau_aedp10_03__2.jpg (69KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
byrbdau_aedp10_03__2.jpg
69KB, 800x800px
my friend said I smelled like a girl wearing this. is he right?
>>
Would spritzing my bedsheets and pillow with a body mist be good enough to get a scent on there that lingers?
>>
>>12553094
feminine/masculine scents is entirely marketing. i've only smelled one fragrance that actually smells like it should be worn on a woman (burberry london woman), that's because it made me smell like an english dutchess. although desu it shouldn't be worn on a woman either, nobody in their right mind would put that shit on.

your friend is wrong. wear what you want. pretty much half my wardrobe is "feminine" scents and i have yet to have anyone call me out for it
>>
>>12553194
Depends on the juice. One way to find out...
>>
>>12551696
Thanks anon, these all sound great. How do I become learned?
>>
>>12553207
>i have yet to have anyone call me out for it
Present company excluded, ofc.
>>
>>12553279
Hope you like. Just try everything.
>>
Get paid tomorrow. Which one should I pick up? Pick related or bleu de Chanel edt?
>>
>>12553015
>>12551614
who knew doctors were fucking dumb
>>
>>12553452
BdC EdT
Wore it again today in 100 degree heat and loved it. Despite working up a healthy sweat, I always felt fresh and crisp. It was especially nice to revisit the top notes with a quick post-lunch refresher spray, even though the base remains vital and multi faceted throughout the wear.

AHS is a quality warm weather scent, but it isn't nearly as complex or energetic as Bleu. Probably the safer choice if you just want others to think you smell very clean rather than to notice that you make the effort to wear a fragrance.
>>
Ill be flat out,Ive never bought myself a nice cologne.I have no idea what all these base scents are and all that.

I just want to go out on a night out in town bars/clubs smelling great. Not much help I know but just throw out some names.
>>
>>12553487
Appreciate the response. I was leaning more toward bdc anyway and this just won me over
>>
>>12553094
Nothing wrong with having feminine fragrances in your arsenal.
>>
>>12553094
Have you tried the Sunday one?

I've been looking at it, but I'm unsure of whether I want to order a sample or not.
>>
Just purchased Sauvage, I hate the smell personally even though its already gotten compliments I think b/c of the projection moreso than YSL La Nuit De l'Homme which is my fav of all time. ALso ordered CH Prive but dosent get here until monday. Its impossible to find in stores around here tried malls and every store that sells cologne in like an hour radius ended up having to order online. Good though b/c less chance others will be wearing it in my area I suppose. Honestly I want to return the Sauvage even though women seem to be ravenous over it, I liek to enjoy the scents as well and I just don't enjoy it when I smell it.
>>
>>12553484
no u
>>
>>12553621
id smear shit on my upper lip every day if it made girls attracted to me tee bee aych
>>
>>12553452
As a counter to >>12553487
I would agree but to say there are better alternatives to BdC. It doesn't last too long on me at all and the overall scent is pretty outdated. It's a best seller for a reason. If you like incensey/lemony/Woodsy backbone, try out Mr. Burberry or Dylan Blue. Both are in that area and both are new enough that people don't know them in popular areas. I've had the stereotypical "oh you smell nice. Chanel Bleu?" And for me that's a killer with any grill.
It might work out better for you but don't be afraid to check out the others in that scent category. Others include Jimmy Choo Intense, Sauvage, Aqua Atlantique etc. these are not as played out.
>>
>>12553750
*didnt mean to say outdated. It's part of this modern freshie movement; mean to say outplayed.
>>
>>12553493
To start off with, what are you aiming for? Versatile night time going out? Do you want to smell clean and inoffensive, or darker and different?
Some readily available designer frags that spring to mind-
Invictus Aqua
Dylan Blue
Versace Pour Homme
Versace Eros
Dior Homme Intense
Prada L'homme
>>
>>12553750
Already own sauvage. Was looking to pick up Dylan blue since I've heard good things. Thanks for the recommendations
>>
>>12553774
It's actually quite good. Sticks around, projects moderately for at least 3 hours and gets compliments like mad. Don't listen to fragrantica scores, most of them are autists that don't like things that smell nice and get compliments.
>>
>>12553750
I haven't smelled it in a while but isn;t Dylan Blue more of a sweeter night scent?
>>
File: tabac-for-men-aftershave.jpg (166KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tabac-for-men-aftershave.jpg
166KB, 800x800px
>>12552703
She smelled me and distanced herself, saying I was wearing some kind of "man thing" she didn't like.

I'm thinking it was either the rgph, the pic related (which has better sillage and longevity than any frag out there), or the combination of both.

Also, stay very far away from this splash if you're into shaving.
>>
>>12554003
Slightly leaning yes. But we're not talking invictus sweet. It definitely got its own thing going and feels like they borrowed a bit of sweetness from Eros, the clean linen from VPH & the Amber/citrus from Sauvage. It's worth a try.
>>
What aromachemical is responsible for the buttered popcorn smell
>>
>>12554067
Try one spray next time, on the chest. It's a beast, especially for the first hour. Tabac is inoffensive.
>>
File: PRFM-117003.jpg (93KB, 425x373px) Image search: [Google]
PRFM-117003.jpg
93KB, 425x373px
>>12554181
>Tabac is inoffensive.

The soap and the edc maybe, never smelled the edc before.

The splash is a heavy dose of synthetic lavender that kinda reminds me of baby wipes.
>>
I already own the original. Is it worth picking this one up too?
>>
>>12554217
No, it smells like someone overspraying a cheap cologne to hide a smell of sweaty clothes
>>
File: 1496873696433.jpg (43KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1496873696433.jpg
43KB, 500x375px
Okay complete noob here, looking for a rec:

- male
- as cheap as possible
- for everyday wear
- I like nature-y but light scents (flexible on
this)
- would like to try before buying

Basically is there a good-value scent that is recommended a lot here? Like the perfume equivalent of the miata.
>>
>>12554259
>Like the perfume equivalent of the miata.

Look into Versace's frags.
>>
Sp i decided to return my Sauvage today after one spray. Im thinking Prada l'Homme. I need a daytime daily out and about scent so i want casual and clean. I also heard gucci has one i forget the name exactly. Any other reccomendations?
>>
>>12553621
>>12554300
I'm a big fan of Sauvage. IMO it smells literally perfect, but because of that it became incredibly popular. Literally atleast 3 other guys in my office also own a bottle. Because Invictus gets a lot of hate in the fragrance community as well as the fact that it's been overshadowed by releases like Sauvage and Dylan Blue, I've started wearing it as my daily "beater" scent on less humid days where Versace Pour Homme wouldn't perform. I'd love to get my nose on the Aqua version but unfortunately it's been discontinued.

With that being said, has anybody tried Le Male Popeye/Superman Eau Fraiche? I'm trying to get my nose on this ASAP, a lot of people are saying it has a similar vibe to Invictus Aqua.
>>
Malin+Goetz has some really good frags, their Vetiver is amazing. I suggest you guys try it out
>>
>>12554259
Like the other guy said, try Versace's line. Go ahead and sample Mugler Cologne as well, can't go wrong with that one.
>>
>>12554334
invictus aqua is still around my guy, go pick up a bottle from notino asap, its the shit
>>
>>12542902
Bleu edp is my daily driver. Absolutely love it. Plus it gets tons of compliments
>>
>>12554844
im really wondering whether i should pick up a bottle of bdc or dylan blue
>>
>>12555204
I'll be picking both up this weekend
>>
>>12555220
going for the edt or edp?
>>
>>12555254
Got the edt>>12555254
>>
>>12554217

If you like the original you'll like this for sure, longer lasting and better projection on me at least. Whether it's worth picking up over the original is debatable.
>>
File: IMG_0688.jpg (210KB, 1917x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0688.jpg
210KB, 1917x2000px
this is probably the best thing I've ever smelled, what else would I like?

nothing too similar pls, there's no point in owning two bottles of virtually the same smell
>>
How long does Eros project? Probably the best frag I sample today but wanted to know from experience
>>
>>12555524
well uh you're going to have to tell us what you liked about it
>>
>>12555549
I'm new to this so I can't recognize any of the scents but I like the black pepper and the exotic vibes in general
>>
>thinking back on the hundreds of dollars I wasted before I knew the gray market was a thing
>>
>>12555572
elaborate
>>
>>12555595
the best of the grey market is going to be in like buy/sell/swap groups, you'll get your frags for way cheaper
>>
>>12555524
Maybe Tom Ford London?
>>
>>12553094
your friend has bad taste
>>
>>12555885
a little too many shekels for me
>>
>>12555595
anon means he purchased many bottles at retailers such as Macy's, Nordstrom, Sephora, etc, then later found that he can obtain identical products for 25-75% off via online fragrance discounters such as notino and fragrancenet.
>>
>>12555637
>>12555995
sounds sketchy desu
>>
>>12555943
Fair cop digger. Explore the other CdG frags. Wonderwood is a favourite amongst many here and I think a few can vouch for black pepper too. That being said, they're both a little similar to Black.
>>
>>12556024
I've got a sample of wonderwood too, don't like it as much because it starts to smell like wood that's been sitting in the basement for a few years towards the end

might check out black pepper
>>
>>12556039
I own a bottle and I quite like it. Takes a while to get warmed up to & it doesn't really project or last on me at all which is disappointing. Each to their own though, hope you find some nice frags on your journey.
>>
I've just finished my bottle of YSL L'homme as my daily, versatile all-rounder. I want something in the same vein but more stated and masculine. Any recs?
>>
>>12556009
Enjoy wasting money.
>>
>>12554334
Don't bother with Aqua, it's super harsh in a bad way, it'll give you a headache. Get a sample and you'll see what I mean. GOAT opening though
>>
>>12556143
but how do you know that the shit isn't fake
>>
>>12556161
Because those sites have good reputations amongst the fragrance community.
>>
>>12556178
Sites like?
>>
>>12556185
fragrancenet, luckyscent, anyone from basenotes
>>
>>12556185
Fragrancenet, notino, fragrancebuy.ca if you're in Canada or the U.S.
>>
>>12556188
>>12556190
Thanks!
>>
>>12556188
Well, luckyscent isn't really a discount site, they just carry tons of niche stuff you can't find anywhere else.
>>
>>12556190
>>12556188
I looked up a couple of frags and all of these sites pretty much have the same prices as big name stores, some of them were even more expensive

what are you not telling me anon
>>
>>12556222
what are you talking about, lets take invictus, 86$ for a 3.4 on macys, 62$ on fragrancenet, ysl l'homme 92$ on macys, 60$ on fragrancenet.
>>
File: P1110669cropres.jpg (93KB, 425x1000px) Image search: [Google]
P1110669cropres.jpg
93KB, 425x1000px
>>12556222
>same prices as big name stores

What are you looking for? If you're trying to cop full bottles of niche frags for cheap, forget it.

I got a bottle of this shit from fragrancenet for $67.99, free shipping.

Nordstrom wants $82 just for the EdT
>>
>>12556222
Certain brands have strict price controls - specifically, Dior and Chanel. The discounters play along and carry these brands because they are popular, but sell them within the manufacturer approved price range.
>>
>>12556242
>full bottles of niche frags for cheap
Check the notino clearance section every few days for good finds, especially during season changes. I have scored $30 L'Artisans, $50 Manceras, and $25 The Different Company large bottles in the past year.
>>
>>12556240
i didn't look at either of those but i did want some of that ysl
>>
>>12556272
its good shit
>>
File: 51GKJh95yIL.jpg (36KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51GKJh95yIL.jpg
36KB, 500x500px
28/m. I just started caring about myself again, losing weight, buying new clothes, now I want to upgrade my fragrances.

I live in a city, and I smell the same shit all the time, so even though I don’t know what any of it is called, I want to avoid smelling like everyone else. I naturally have very light bo, so I don’t need anything overpowering, either.

The only "daytime" scent I've tried/liked is YSL l'Home libre, but it doesn't last very long. My current nighttime scent is pic related, which I'm fairly happy with, but would like something a bit more masculine...maybe "darker" is the word? I also have polo blue, but I feel like that's played out at this point.

Budget around $100 per, but I'm flexible I would like to purchase at least one, or maybe 2 of each.

Daytime - Office, business/investor meetings and lunches, daytime-activities with chicks.

Nighttime - Bars, occasional club, business/pleasure events.

Bonus: Advance recs for fall/winter.
>>
>>12556300
try platinum egoiste, grey vetiver, terre de hermes and prada l'homme for daytime, all quite masculine save for maybe prada but the others definitely skew mature so if you're looking to pick up college puss stay away.
>>
>>12556300
go to a sephora or a nordstrom and get smell scents and buy ones you like
>>
File: travalo.jpg (102KB, 850x511px) Image search: [Google]
travalo.jpg
102KB, 850x511px
Is there a way to fill travalos with splashes without turbofucking them? I'd be super scared to try and take off the top of one.
>>
File: creed-original-vetiver.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
creed-original-vetiver.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
I'm looking for a vetiver scent - something probably more along the lines of fresh / citrus vetiver for spring-summer as opposed to one that's heavier or more "woody".

I've tried a few (Creed Original Vetiver, Le Labo Vetiver 46, Atelier Cologne Vetiver Fatal).

Is there anything else really good I should sample? Currently like Creed the best.
>>
>>12556398
terre de hermes, grey vetiver, encre noire sport
>>
>>12556312
Isn't egoiste the one that they based that douchey Abercrombie Fury scent on? Seems like that'd be aimed directly AT getting college pussy
>>
>>12556490
yeah thats what i hear but egoiste is more mature by a decent margin but its familiar enough that its a crowd pleaser
>>
>>12556516
OK cool makes sense
>>
>>12555528
Its got beast mode performance dude
>>
>>12545155
Yes, but doesn't the EU base their regulations on IFRA 'recommendations'?
>>
>>12549283
I bet it's like Le Labo Oud 27.
>>
>>12554067
>>12554181
Yeah the aftershave is bad news. It seems to stick to the hands and then contaminate anything you touch with this cheap cured meat accord. Very insidious.
>>
How close is coolwater to git? I smelt coolwater today but didn't really like it that much.
>>
>>12556802
Not close at all. Same sub-genre of fragrance, thats it
>>
File: IMG_1441.jpg (112KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1441.jpg
112KB, 600x900px
>>12556312
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm definitely not opposed to college ass but in this area, most chicks (and dudes for that matter) are less into the "college" aesthetic regardless of age (vs. chicks i meet when I visited my friends at their schools).

I know you can wear whatever whenever, but do you have any night suggestions? I need to do clubs and shit more so I want something that will work for me in that environment.

Btw, I don't mind spending over $100, I just can't want to go $200+ for Creed, especially if I don't know whether or not I'll like it, even though Aventus is in the "people also like" list when I searched Geir on fragantica.

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Geir-Ness/Geir-Ness-for-Men-5308.html

All this stuff will be from fragrancenet sales anyway, so bear that in mind.

>>12556333
Nice trips.

Is there any kind of sample pack, maybe curated inside a specific category? I know i can go to a store and test most things, but i feel like the sales people want you to commit to something after 2 or 3, and as i said, it's not like I'll be taking home anything that day anyway.
>>
>>12556852
Maybe you can buy decants of frags which notes appeal to you and also suit the sillage and longevity you want?
>>
>>12556312
>terre de hermes
edt or parfum?
>>
>>12556802

Almost fell for the "coolwater is nearly identical to GIT" meme myself and was close to blind buying it. Smelled it in the store and it was basically nothing like GIT at all
>>
File: feels.jpg (114KB, 579x570px) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
114KB, 579x570px
>TFW hair is starting to thin at 21

Fuck. In anticipation of shaving it all off, what scents fit a tall, scary bald man?
>>
I'd like something for casual use in the winter, currently have samples of Wonderwood and Pure Tonka alongside a bottle of Body Kouros.
Should I look into getting Le Male, or any of its flankers like Ultra Male/Terrible?
>>
>>12557189
Ultra male is good, but more spring and really different from Le Male. Personally I prefer ultra, but try both
>>
>>12556300
>I naturally have very light bo, so I don’t need anything overpowering
Periodic reminder than fragrance is not worn to cover up BO. It can't. In fact it smells worse than BO by itself. Please don't. Thank you.

Try Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée, Havana, Guerlain Vetiver and seconding Terre d'Hermès EdT. All will work for day/night.
>>
>>12556368
No, and not sure about the real thing, but two different Chinese knock-offs have evaporated juice over time for me.
>>
>>12556398
Guerlain Vetiver, Vétiver Extraordinaire and if you can find it, Crabtree & Evelyn's discontinued Vetiver.
>>
>>12556802
It's close enough that 99% of people you encounter will not be able to tell the difference. Personally, CW is like a slightly rougher, cheaper version of GIT. I own both.
>>
>>12556939
doesn't matter, same shit even though i think most people will steer you towards the edt. if you can find a nice deal on the parfum and it sounds appealing then go for it but the extra cost amounts to very little.
>>
>>12557355

Stop spreading this meme it's not funny anymore
>>
>>12556852
if you're not adverse to shelling out some serious $$$ i would really consider getting in on some aventus my man. if you don't wanna commit to creed then i recommend getting in the facebook fragrance swap group and making a post asking for some, you should be able to get 30 ml of aventus for around 50ish bucks. as for night time frags i have no idea what your style is but i personally enjoy tom ford noir extreme, by kilian back to black ($$$), carolina herrera ch men prive, tuscan leather, and la meme de l'homme. see if any of the notes in those interest you, if not then i'm sure someone else has some better recs.
>>
>>12557383
>>
>>12556852
also one last tip, the sidebar suggestion frags on fragrantica have about nothing to do with frags of a similar style, 95% of pages have the same shit on it, i pretty much always see some combination of bleu de chanel, spicebomb, aventus, sauvage, tobacco vanille and the other usual memes
>>
>>12557355
>99% of people will not be able to tell the difference
debatable
>CW is like a slightly rougher, cheaper version of GIT
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
yeah and so is dog shit. not saying cool water is a "bad" fragrance but it is not git
>>
>>12557575
Is Creed the best house?
>>
New thread:
>>12542837
>>12557593
>>
>>12557577
no, absurdly overpriced. the fragrances are good but they are not that good. nobody in their right mind should purchase a full bottle, decants are even a stretch
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.