[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Outdoor Threads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

So i've recently moved to Scotland and I plan on doing a lot hiking, and get back into shape a little (too many ciggies and chip suppers), so i've decided what better way to do this than to explore the land on offer to me.

The only downside, i've spent the past 4 years living in manchester, spending money on fashionable but ultimately inappropriate clothes for hiking and spending long periods of time in the sticks.

I still want to remain fashionable, can you guys recommend some fashionable and functional pieces? I don't want to be walking round dressing like shit, even i'm in the highlands.

cheers

TL;DR recommend me fashionable and functional clothing for outdoor excursions

(pic related)
>>
>>>/out/
>>
>>12466338
but they can't /fa/ :(((
>>
>>12466344
http://tuxbell.com/index.php/Guide_to_Urban_Techwear
>>
Don't try and combine the two too much. Look at brands like arcteryx, peak performance and Patagonia though.
>>
fjallraven is a swedish outdoor brand that does some old-school explorer style stuff. Might be worth a look.
>>
>>12466349
>>12466352
nice one lads i'm familiar with these but i'll give them more of a deek
>>
>>12466383
the outdoors section on urban techwear not suffice?
>>
Do not attempt to mix the two, especially if you live in the highlands proper
Wear a base layer made of wool or synthetics that retain heat when wet
Carry at least 2 liters of water with you for any movement more than 3 miles in total, as well as a means to purify water, add extra water as required for height/distance
Always carry waterproof trousers and jacket with you
Always carry at least one piece of high quality warm kit ( Buffalo thermal smock, down jacket, even just a woolen jumper in spring summer) in addition to a hat and gloves
Ensure your boots are broken in, well looked after and your socks are made of either Merino wool or are sealskinz
Invest in and learn to use a map and compass
Leave a route-card with a trusted person before going anywhere
Always go with at least one other person when possible, if not possible, never attempt a dangerous area such as cairngorms on your own
Carry high energy foods

People die in Scotland every year from retardation OP, don't be one of them
>>
>>12466347
Don't follow this unless you have autism
>>
>>12466475
great stylistic critique of all those individual high-end brand, anon
>>
>>12466478

Yeah! dress like a ninja in the scottish highlands, those normies won't even comprehend the level you're on as you walk through some foggy fields past some sheep
>>
>>12466512
I take it you didn't even read the article. It features multiple great outdoors brands.
>>
>>12466539
>urban techwear guide
>for the highlands

Fa is so far beyond redemption its not even funny
>>
>>12466478
>mentions taobao tier meme brands like 0608
>expects anyone to take it seriously

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>12466668
feel free to get back to me when you've read the guide and looked at the brands.

>>12466680
okay. if you can't get past guilt-by-association then there isn't much I can do.
>>
>>12466668
being outside isn't complicated. the highlands aren't complicated. many techwear brands are highly functional. you need the garments that a) keeps you warm, b) keeps you dry, and c) breathes (to some extent). it's not hard to achieve that at all.
>>
>>12466472
>tfw no wilderness to loose yourself at less than a 5 hours drive
>>
File: photo-26.jpg (567KB, 1195x1600px) Image search: [Google]
photo-26.jpg
567KB, 1195x1600px
Wear a cloak. Stylish, functional, simple, multi-purpose, it's got everything.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.