[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fragrance General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 32

File: PORTRAIT-OF-ERWIN-CREED-2012a.jpg (921KB, 1552x1122px) Image search: [Google]
PORTRAIT-OF-ERWIN-CREED-2012a.jpg
921KB, 1552x1122px
LAST THREAD >>12149905

---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://fragrance.org/intelligence/knowledge-center/
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites/blogs
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.parfumo.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.boisdejasmin.com/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://www.theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.surrendertochance.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
File: 1484534200683.png (4MB, 5560x3312px) Image search: [Google]
1484534200683.png
4MB, 5560x3312px
>>12184379
If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...
>>
Sotd: Dior Sauvage
>>
>ANY YEAR, ANY CENTURY, ANY MILLENNIUM.
>WEARING/USING PERFUME/COLOGNE.
>>
>>12184404
i cant fathom want to dress well and not having a scent to go along with it, why are you here?
>>
>>12184508

WHY WOULD YOU WANT A SCENT ON YOUR BODY THAT DOES NOT COME FROM YOUR OWN BODY ITSELF?
>>
best place to get oud from? only ever smelled oud from Tom Ford's fragrances but i want some legit oud wood.
>>
>>12184522
wonderoud?
>>
>>12184522
Acqua Di Parma - Colonia Oud

I think this scent suits my skin very well, you should try it out.
>>
>>12184409
>works in library
>eccentric

>no musk
>no stereotypical man shit

>likes floral
>likes herbal
>likes citrus

Still not enough info as per >>12184380, but here's some shit for you to look into.

Some friendly citrus or florals: Bal d'Afrique, Midnight in Paris, Endymion, Terre d'Hermes, and YSL l'Homme.

If you want to lean more eccentric, Timbuktu, Dzongkha, Odeur 53 or 71, Santal 33 (which isn't exactly eccentric, because many people love it, but others smell pickle juice, and what's more eccentric than smelling like pickle juice).

If you want to smell of green things: Ichnusa (grass), Black March (grass in rain), Philosykos (fig leaf), Norne (a fucking evergreen).

If you want to be a cozy library guy who smells of cozy tobacco: Herod, Eau Des Baux, 1899 Hemingway, Tobacco Vanille, Tea for Two, D&G The One.
>>
>>12184518
how does it feel knowing that every person who comes into contact with you wishes you would wear deodorant
>>
>>12184518
There are better scents in existence than human musk, which is not generally considered appealing in modern western society.
>>
>>12184518
I have the perfect fragrance for you, Oudh Infini by Dusita.
>>
>thinking aftershave is better than perfume

perfume shits on aftershave fuck this masculinity bullshit
>>
>>12184626
>>12184628

WHY DO YOU EQUATE LACK OF PERFUME/COLOGNE WITH LACK OF HYGIENE?
>>
>>12184628

I literally don't put anything on my body that alters my natural scent, and women love the way I smell.
>>
>>12184677
i equate your lack of manners and obsession with showing up at the start of every new fragrance thread with being a shut-in glued in front of a screen, which i equate with a lack of hygiene.
>>
>>12184691
lol ok
>>
What's a good fragrance for me? Male. I don't like spending more than $100 on cologne.
My favorite sent us Versace Eros. If I'm dressing preppy I'll wear LaCoste

Just started a job that requires a suit. Don't want something overpowering, but something that will seem pleasant if someone gets close enough. Not as crisp as LaCoste, but not as dark as Versace Eros
>>
>>12184836
For work scent try Versace pour homme, ADG profumo, bleu de chanel
>>
>>12184856
Great, thanks
>>
File: IMG_1110.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1110.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Rate my small collection
>>
>>12184874
Some gems in there but lots of memes
>>
>>12184880
not shown
Terre de Hermes (which is a great work scent IMO) and Dior Homme Eau
>>
>>12184874
normie/10
>>
>>12184874
chergui is gorgeous. check out more serge lutens frags. personally love fille en aiguilles, la fille de berlin, and fleurs d'oranger as well
>>
>>12184874
Bealls/10
>>
>>12184874
The unpictured Terre d'Hermes is the only thing I'd wear, but if you like what you have then that's all that matters/10.

What's in the jewelry box?
>>
are fragrances on overstock.com legit, or sourced from rando vendors like amazon?
>>
>>12184885
Is it worth getting the parfum version of Hermes or just edt?
>>
>>12185388
some people prefer the edt, others the edp, and others the fraiche flanker. they're all good, just comes down to personal pref.
>>
>>12184379

https://youtu.be/Kcapwjeo9hk
this should be posted at the top of each thread.
>>
>>12185406
If I were to blindbuy though..
>>
File: do it.png (691KB, 2166x1329px) Image search: [Google]
do it.png
691KB, 2166x1329px
>>12185409
build your own travel set at hermes.com
sell what you don't like
you'll probably like them all though
>>
File: MountainLion.jpg (76KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
MountainLion.jpg
76KB, 800x600px
>>12184518
>Not going naked everywhere, as God made you.
>>
>>12184522
agaraura.com
>>
>>12185409
EdT. It is more dynamic.
>>
>>12184518
PRESENT YEAR DOING THINGS I DONT LIKE
>>
I hate Penhaligon's bottles with the stupid bowtie just about as much as I hate A*men bottles.
>>
>>12184874
wtf is chergui doing there?
not as in, it's bad, but everything else you have is about as mainstream as you can get.

if you like it, you should sample other niche frags at luckyscent, twisted lily, etc.
>>
>>12186451
I don't buy frags with ugly bottles desu
>>
I'm a 20 year old college guy in NYC.

>Current collection.

Valentino Uomo Intense (fav)
CH Men Prive (Date nights)
Acqua Di Gio Profumo (2nd fav)
Lanvin Avant Garde

What fragrance should I get next? What would be a good frag to add for Spring/Summer?
>>
>>12184874
Orient Bambino/10

Awesome watch but get a new strap.
>>
>>12187351
eau sauvage is a quintessential spring/summer
>>
>>12187351
if you want to stay designer, grab nautica voyage.

or see >>12184380 and pick something from the fresh section.
>>
is there anything from MFK, aside from aqua universalis/forte, that you don't have to be wealthy and/or wearing a suit to actually pull off?
>>
>>12187519
heard that nautica voyage got reformulated and performance sucks :/
>>
I'm from the last thread and I said don't buy cdni. But Bieber I retract the statement. When I first sprayed it it smelled so harsh and synthetic and it just smelled weird. Now after a couple of days I can say it smells a lot better and if I was a citrus guy I would probably call it amazing. Looked on the reviews and I see that' I had to give a couple of days to air out and they were right. Still the opening is annoying but it has developed so nicely and I can't wait to see what it'll be like in 2 weeks
>>
>>12187540
it's cheap enough to spray 20 times a day regardless
>>
MY FUKKIN SMAPLES JUST CAME BOYS YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>12187646
post pics
>>
>>12187648
No camera but
>AdG Profumo
>Terre Parfum
>Millesime Imperial
>Carnal Flower
>Jublilation, Reflection, Memoir Man
>Tuscan Leather
>>
>>12187655
carnal flower and jubilation are the best out of those. millesime is too salty.
>>
>>12187707
Don't listen to this guy, Terre, Tuscan Leather, and Memoir Man are the best out of those. Jubilation impressive but ridiculous unless you're a at an arab wedding,
>>
>>12187655
reflection and terre are my favourites of these. never tried MI though
>>
>>12187758
tuscan leather is way too strong. jubilation is juicy and thick.
terre is frat-tier
>>
I've been using Bulgari Man Extreme for a while, smells good enough, but it's way too floral for my tastes. Need something new. Looking for something that's more woodsy and masculine, if it smells like a breath of fresh air in some woods that'd be great.

It's pretty cold where I live at the moment, but I work in a kitchen so it's gotta survive heat.
>>
You cuckolds and your sellout brand name faggoty fragrances!

**I'm just upset that no one talks about making custom scents.**
>>
>>12187824
Oh yeah I forgot, Gucci Guilty black is what I used for that woodsy masculine kinda vibe, smelling it now it's just too "chemically." Something real smooth and natural.
>>
File: 15570.jpg (42KB, 598x312px) Image search: [Google]
15570.jpg
42KB, 598x312px
>>12187828
Oh, look, my formatting doesn't work. That was supposed to be spoilered, but I only come from the land beyond the mountains to this rusted out honkey tonk for a couple of threads on this board.

[spoiler]Using an imageboard you can't even talk about on the fringes of society way more effay.[/spoiler]
>>
>>12187846
Dammit!

... I'll... I'll just go home now...
>>
>>12187848
i'm interested in rolling my own and have thought about attending courses and/or open sessions at the institute for art/olfaction, but it's an expensive hobby and i just can't swing it right now.
>>
>>12187848
thanks
>>
>>12187848
kek spoilers only work on some boards
>>
>>12187828
I just ordered some essential oils off of Amazon and they're expected to arrive before reading week. So yeah I'm going to try making some fragrances.
>>
This review makes me want to blind buy La Nuit de l'Homme.
>>
>>12188241
I cringed.
>>
File: index.jpg (6KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 276x183px
OK what's a suitable cologne perfume for me? I mostly dress in basic black jeans and tee.
>>
Hit me with something obscure, uber stylish and good smelling and cheap price
>>
>>12188251
Bleu De Chanel or Dior Sauvage desu famalam
>>
>>12188241
stop
>>
If someone's up for giving me a recommendation, I'm looking for my first fragrance

Info as per >>12184380

> Sex: Male
> Price range: As cheap as possible without it being embarrasing, I'm studying and low on money desu.
> Seasons / Weather; Spring and cloudy?
> Occasions: Everyday wear // Whenever I spend time on 'fixing myself' (Doing hair etc.)
> Other Fragrances I like: From the little experience I have, I really like vanilla and fresh scents. The description of "Fresh Aquatic" subcategory seemed very appealing to me.
> Special Conditions: Well, I really like greys and blacks. I know it's meme tier, but dressing in earth tones and unsaturated colors summarizes my style pretty much.

I would appreciate it a ton if someone felt like giving me any reccomendations, seeing as I have no knowledge in this field, and would love some experience!
>>
>>12188246
>>12188292
I think it's supposed to be sarcastic
>>
>>12187824
Thats the cactus one right? Kinda mad i returned it
>>
>>12188241
I stopped reading almost immediately. Painting a picture in a sentence or two to describe a smell can be helpful when done well, but the fragrance review as creative writing workshop is easily the most embarrassing thing about the fragrance community. I mean that and talking about compliments.
>>
Went back and read >>12188241 after reading >>12188376, and you're right, it's taking the piss. I think...
>>
How good is club de nuit intense man?
>>
>>12188776
Read the thread man
>>
>>12187623
What do you mean after 2 weeks
>>
>>12188306
I am also fairly new. I can't really give you any cheap recommendations but what I found most useful starting out was to order a bunch of small samples. Luckyscent, SurrenderToChance, and the perfumed court will probably have anything you want to try and you can get small spray samples ranging from about 4 to 20 $ depending on what it is. And each will probably last you a while too. Just get a bunch of scents with different themes and figure out what notes you like the most instead of buying one large bottle of something.
>>
I really like tea/rose by cb and wood scents in general. Tried some mancera rose/aoud scents that were ok too.
Another favorite is slumberhouse norne, but I know that won't match well with rose.

I realize this is asking for a lot, but can someone recommend me something that has:

strong brewed black tea (not earl grey but more of yunnan)
rose
wood, like cedar a lot
some amber/incense/smoky

bonus:
black pepper
>>
>>12188821
Thanks a bunch for the advice! I'll definetely check it out and get myself some gateway drugs to fragrances.
>>
Holy shit Tuscan Leather literally smells like an ashtray

Is this a meme? Did I get a bad sample?
>>
>>12188959
all the tom ford private blends are pretty in your face. definitely not safe blind buys... idk what the fuck you were expecting, but even basic research should have prepared you for this
>>
>>12188977
It was a sample m8 not a full bottle
>>
>sample dior homme intense yestarday at 20:00 or so, one spray on my wrist with some going on my steel watch band
>26 hours and 2 showers later still getting whiffs of it
wew, sure is intense
>>
I work at diptyque and le labo just opened a block away. Welcome to fragrance town
>>
>>12188841
Read up on these and see if any sound promising:

Epic Woman, Noorolain Taif, Coeur de Vetiver Sacre, Incense Rose, Portrait of a Lady, La Petite Robe Noire, Bvlgari Black, The Noir 29, Rose 31
>>
>>12188959
If you're just getting into fragrances, don't trust your first reaction until you've smelled a lot of things. Felt the same way when I first put on Tuscan Leather. Immediate "ew this shit aint for me" reaction. A few hours later my nose was glued to the dark raspberry on my arm. Wore it again one night a couple weeks later. And the next night. And the next night. I love it now.
>>
>>12189002
I've sampled 10 diptyque fragrances and none have gotten past "pleasant." It's making me very sad because I love the design of the packaging/bottles.
>>
looking for something that is relatively cheap (thinking $20-50), and can be found at walgreens.
male, whatever the current season in the east US is, generic party, i know next to nothing about fragrances or fashion.
>>
>>12189142
basically anything available here:
https://www.walgreens.com/store/store/category/productlist.jsp?N=360389&Eon=360389&inStore=true&view=allView&

is davidoff coolwater okay, or would i smell like a sperg?
>>
>>12184621
Damn dude, I tried Terre d'Hermes and YSL L'Homme yesterday and liked both (or at least the orange vert and some other variation of Hermes and the intense version of YSL). Price is a little high on Hermes but that's to be expected.

I liked Prada's L'Homme too, kind of a fresh out of the shower smell.

>pickle juice
I've used apple cider vinegar on my face so I want to avoid further smelling like salad dressing.
>>
>>12189048

thanks. these do indeed look very promising
>>
>>12189161
>>12189142

coolwater is mostly worn by guys in their 40s who heard it mentioned in a snoop dogg song when they were young and copped. it smells similar to green irish tweed, which is also mostly worn by guys in their 40s+.

you generally won't impress anyone with a fragrance, so pick something you like the smell of and, if going to a generic party, don't overspray.

it's winter now, but the east coast ranges from frigid to florida. if it's cold, something cozy like burberry london, d&g the one, armani code, or polo red. if it's warm, d&g light blue, nautica voyage, or acqua di gio. bleu de chanel or dior sauvage are crowd pleasers, but i'm not sure if they're at walgreens.

if it's your first time wearing a fragrance, your friends are going to make fun of you regardless. again, don't overspray.
>>
>>12189161
davidoff coolwater is absolutely vile
>>
help me guys I'm getting really bored of fragrances, everything is literally just variations on standard oriental and fougere themes barring one-note focus frags (woods, incense, florals). basically everything smells this same to me now.
>>
>>12189232
Glad you found some things you like. The fragrance rabbit hole goes insanely deep once you go beyond the department store.

>>12189318
You sound like someone who hasn't gone far enough into the world of niche. Try:
http://www.basenotes.net/ID26148100.html
>>
File: hehe.png (50KB, 606x295px) Image search: [Google]
hehe.png
50KB, 606x295px
>>12189318
Or maybe you need this.
>>
>>12189290
>>12189293

thanks for the input. i'm not a complete cologne virgin, but i've only ever worn curve.

i have a really poor sense of smell (i frequently cannot notice scents that others notice/remark about), so how do i avoid over-spraying? it also makes it very difficult to have any sort of meaningful opinion on fragrances, as it'd be like a legally blind person opining on paintings.
>>
>>12189505
>>12189161
Looking at those frags, read up and pick between
>l'homme by YSL
>nautica voyage
>JPG le male
>versace eros
anything else there is either horrifically overplayed (yes even more than some i just mentioned) or just not that good
>>
>>12189505
>how do i avoid over-spraying?
spray once on the back of your neck, and once on one of your inner wrists, then dab your wrists together a few times. a total of two sprays. very low key approach.
>>
do you guys fuck with candles here

i need some sick candles
>>
>>12189587
unfortunately too late, i just went and bought burberry london.

it's fairly cool here tonight so that played into my decision. hopefully i didn't fuck up too bad
>>
>>12189002
what's your fav diptyque fragrance?

which le labo do you wish was a diptyque?
>>
File: aww.png (65KB, 490x294px) Image search: [Google]
aww.png
65KB, 490x294px
>>12189651
you didn't fuck up, don't worry. it smells great.
>>
File: 75400.1.jpg (24KB, 400x575px) Image search: [Google]
75400.1.jpg
24KB, 400x575px
>>12189646
>>
>>12189349
Ive been hesitating to try xyrena because I've heard bad things about their shipping and they don't offer samples. I'd really like to try dark ride; I've heard it favorably compared to Lush Dirty, which is an amazing freshie.
>>
cont.>>12189807
>>12189340
I'm very into niche fragrance. I think that's the problem, I sample too often and everything blurs together, or I'm depressed... or something.

Last really good fragrance I remember trying is Ennui Noir by Unum, which is a fucking amazing lavender-vetiver oriental.
>>
>>12189651
Burberry London isn't a bad frag
>>
>>12188992
Wait till you try the parfum version.
>>
>>12189685
Are these people training to make fanfictions when they write those things?
Jesus...
>>
>>12188799
I was looking up reviews and on average most people said that it smelled amazing after 2 weeks
>>
>>12188841
>>12189048
Youll absolutely love cartier declaration (clear bottle) if you like dark/dirty rose scents. I love it i think ima buy a bottle rn
>>
>>12190326
I don't understand, after 2 weeks of what exactly? I just blind bought it cause the hype is insane and it's cheap
>>
>>12189293
This is a lie
Its universally liked
Sample before buying dont go off of hate from a universally liked fragrance
I thought it was bad until i sampled it
>>
>>12190345
Spraying it the first time youll dislike it (well i did at least) it smells like a lemon cleaning product with some peppery/spicy smell. After 15 min it died down and i was like it smelled ok. Then they day after it got better and 2 people said i smelt amazing. I didnt know why people liked it so much but after another day i realized something. This shit smelled darn good and i couldnt stop smelling myself. The drydown is really good but it smells generic and non generic at the same time (probably because i dont really care for citrus scents reminds me of sauvage and bdc) it keeps smelling better every day and i read that after 2 weeks its at its best so thats why im excited. I wore it today too.
>>
>>12190393
Then it might be just the juice in the atomiser, just spray out the window like 10 times and u'll be good to go. The juice in the bottle itself isn't gonna be changing with time dude
>>
>>12190402
Yeah i know it needed some air and i guess the scent grew on me fast despite it being a citrus
>>
>>12190192
There are a lot of people who use fragrance as a springboard, and a platform, to write. Most of it is bad. That example was bad, but the sentiment seemed genuine, and should ease the insecurity of a first time fragrance buyer who thinks he fucked up.

>>12189943
Could be depression. But yeah, one of the problems with smelling a lot of things is that nothing seems new or inventive or interesting unless it's extreme or just happens to luck upon an accord that triggers a memory from your past. It's especially bad once you learn which molecules produce a certain scent; takes all the magic out of perfumery and you just end up trying to pick out notes. Will check out Ennui Noir for sure.
>>
>>12189807
i've been wanting/meaning to check out lush/gorllia frags. where's a good place to buy samples in the states?
>>
How well would Black Aoud by Montale go with this kind of fit?
>>
>>12190565
Not very well.
>>
>>12187935
Please post results. What did you order? What alcohol carrier are you intending to use?
I want to get into perfume making because I looking for a hobby I can do from home and the scents I like aren't often in perfumes
>>
>>12188959
The Helmut Lang perfume smells like an ashtray and urinal cakes.
>>
I wear Drakkar Noir or CK1 rn but I want a "spicy" fragrance now. Spicebomb VS Mugler's Pure Tonka VS anything else?
>>
Has anyone (most likely in the UK) purchased perfume from the parfumcollection on eBay? He's selling 2 private blends for around £100 and I don't know if that's suspicious or not.

ebay.co.uk/usr/theparfumcollection?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
>>
>>12190565
For a school shooter look I'd try to find something that blends Cheetos & gunpowder.
>>
>>12191184
no they don't, go back to your chanel bleu
>>
>>12190565
Could go a few directions with a fit like this. Would depend on what the person was trying to say/evoke. It doesn't make me think oud, but that may just be personal/cultural bias.
>>
>>12191626
have you ever smelled it? it smells like a dark, mysterious masculine rose. I know I could pull both the fit and the fragrance but I dont know if they would go well together.
>>
>>12191184
I get that association from kouros and a few others, but not from helmut. Maybe we've just been to different bathrooms.
>>
Im thinking of buying Dior Homme, Dior Homme Intense and Dior Homme Parfum. Would this be stupid?
>>
>>12191865
yes but if you have your neet bucks to blow then go for it
>>
>>12191894
I just dont know if they are different enough to warrant a purchase
>>
>>12191634
i haven't smelled that montale, no. if i saw someone in that fit wearing a dark rose fragrance i'd think goth/industrial, passionate, brooding. if that's you then it's a good combo.
>>
>>12191380
Pls respond
>>
Thoughts on JPG Popeye?
>>
>>12190564
they don't offer samples, only solid and body spray versions of the fragrance . you'll either have to buy online or go to a store.
>>
File: url.jpg (6KB, 208x242px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
6KB, 208x242px
Holy shit lads, so i took advice on a general perfume to wear at work (BdC was recommended), so i was on the bus coming home from work and a girl next to me, a 6/10 plain (no negative connotation, i like that) looking girl randomly said "You smell really nice" with a smile

This has literally never happened in my life, a girl approaching me... i was seriously shocked and didnt know how to interact, but i knew i had to take advantage.... so I said "you don't smell so bad yourself :)"

I thought i fucked up but to keep things short, after a little small talk we exchanged numbers and I guess I gotta call her.

Is it coincidence or is it the power of perfume ????
>>
>>12191380
>>12191915
all i can tell you is i wouldn't buy popular shit like private blends anywhere but a department store, when claiming to be new and a non-tester. fuck that.

if you want private blends and don't want to pay retail, go through trusted sellers like beautyspin/notino who sell testers and older stock at discount. otherwise, look for decants from trusted sellers on basenotes. or look for arab imitations; some are very close. most of those tom ford bottles on ebay are probably filled with them.
>>
>>12191945
shame, will likely never bother then.
>>
>>12191958
You're walking into a honeytrap. She isn't interested in you, just looking to rob you or get a free dinner.
Believe me, I've heard seen this happening countless times, never trust a girl who approaches you first.

Post her number / photo here and we'll punish her accordingly.
>>
>>12191977
jesus christ u couldnt be more subtle
>>
>>12191958
it's not so much the fragrance as it is you. she thinks you're cute. the fragrance gives someone a really easy entry point to break the ice; complimenting looks/clothes is seen as too forward or possibly creepy, but smells are a passive thing people can compliment without the implication that they're focused on appearance. anyway, you better fucking call her! meet her somewhere for coffee, see if you get along, if you don't, cool, if you do, awesome.
>>
Millesime Imperial is the best thing I've ever smelled, holy shit
>>
At what distance do I spray behind my neck and in front of my neck? Is it a wide spray or a close concentrated spray?
>>
>>12191996
>>
yeah but what do I use as a deodorant?
>>
>>12192066
an anti-perspirant or scentless. some popular frags have deodorants and other products with the smell as well. which is basically a rip off, but if you've decided that you only want to smell like, say, eau des baux or terre d'hermes or something everyday, it's an option.
>>
>>12192085
thanks
>>
>>12184379
testing how far my privileges go
>>
Anybody have experience with Pour Monsieur? Is it similar at all to Eau Sauvage?

Also, can I trust jet.com for fragrance purchases, i.e. they're not counterfeit frags?
>>
>>12191903
that's my point, it'd be a waste
>>
>>12184380
What does /fra/ like best from the Fresh Aromatic category?

Male
Price isnt too much of an issue but theres no way I can afford Creed Royal Water at my current pay grade
>>
>>12191912
very nice, thank you
>>
>>12191958
AYY lmao did you get the recommendation in this thread? If so it was me
>>
I kinda don't like DnG the one EDP. it's got that sickly sweet vibe to it like wine gums or something. Anybody else feel like that?
>>
>>12191965
I wanted cafe rose I didn't think there would be fakes of that plus his feedback is almost all positive. I guess you're right though it isn't worth risking.
>>
>>12192445
Thanks my dude. Basically an internet wing-man.

I'm meeting with her tomorrow after work. I was reading my kindle at the time so I'm hoping she perceived me as some 'le intellectual' and can keep up a conversation.
>>
>>12192634
You wont be able to keep an intellectual conversation up if you're not one
>>
>>12192640
Well I hope she's not a bleeding heart liberal but most girls are sadly, if she's on that anti-trump shit i'm outta there without paying - no hesitation whatsoever. But you can tell those types of girls, they have coloured hair and whatnot, like I said, she's very plain looking.

But I won't steer the convo to politics, it's not my intention to antagonize, just have a good time.

Yes that's the extent of my "intellectuality", basically >tfw 2 smart to be a liberal
>>
>>12192658
Hey in the end it's the job of the man to guide the woman.

If you get along really well with her she'll follow you. Most women prefer having their security from a man rather than an idea. But if she insists too much it's really likely she has no potential after all.
>>
>>12192658
You sound both immature and insufferable, I recommend leaving 4chan and hoping it's not too late.
>>
>>12192709
you only say that because you're an insufferable liberal
>>
>>12192697
>Hey in the end it's the job of the man to guide the woman.

I think this is my cue to stop coming to /fragrance/. Peace lads.
>>
>>12192718
what ...
>>
>>12192718

Yes m8 go to /cuck/ instead. Like-minded chastity bois await.
>>
>>12192717
You only said that because you're immature. Has nothing to do with liberal/conservatism. Has everything to do with thinking you have everything figured out ever in life, much less in your early twenties, and assuming intellectual superiority over anyone while posting on 4chan.
>>
>>12192729
I'm not even the same guy, what are you talking about, it's a fact that liberalism is a disease
>>
>>12192732
>fact
Literal teen, please find a new hobby.
>>
>>12192736
cry me a river libcuck
>>
>>
>>12191224
Hugo Boss bottled, Odin 11 Semma, and Burberry London which is my favorite (although it's not that spicy, it just had cinnamon in it).
>>
>>12192135
Issey Miyake l'eau d'issey is pretty good. I have a summer flanker but the original seems well liked.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 450x334px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 450x334px
I know we went all around Invasion Barbare but I just want to say what it actually smells like:

You are a Roman emperor or something of the sort and you are surrounded by all the luxury. The slaves feed you grape, you're in your hot marble bath, there are statues of the gods

That's what Invasion Barbare smells like
>>
>>12192658
lmao might as well cancel the date and just stay home to post on /pol/
>>
>>12193055
fuck off cuck
>>
>>12193087
Y'know, I think Sauvage would be a good match for you
>>
>>12193111
here's a website for you
reddit.com/r/cuckold
>>
>>12193183
>>12193111
Are you two for real lmao
>>
File: IMG_1745.jpg (54KB, 389x361px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1745.jpg
54KB, 389x361px
>>12193183
Nigga Reddit isn't even that bad
>>
Is Black Aoud by Montale more of a feminine fragrance? It smells damn good but I'm wondering. Smells even better on my skin
>>
Has anybody gotten the Gosha fragrance yet? If so, how is it?
>>
>>12193239
it is marketed at men I think. that said, rose is often viewed as a more 'feminine' note. honestly the whole masculine/feminine dichotomy in perfume is marketing bullshit. I wear white florals without any problems
>>
>>12193239
It starts off more feminine on the top notes but by the time the base notes hit you get all the oudy goodness.

Its a trend that i've noticed lately with some of the Oud based fragrances that are going for more of a Unisex thing. Another example of it is Penhaligon's Halfeti.
>>
File: esxence.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
esxence.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>tfw the esxence lecture isn't in english and google's french is worse than yours
>>
>>12193245
i have it, its nice. woody mandarins and cement
>>
>>12193381
Hey I can translate for you if you can copy paste
>>
>>12193055
>>12193111
Lmao
>>
>>12193421
thanks! they switched to english, but i may ask for your help later! :)
>>
>>12191865
I have original bottles of DH, DHI and DHC in my cabinet. I didn't buy them at the same time, of course. While it's not quite the same, I feel OK about getting l'eau when my bottle of DHC runs out.
>>
>>12192025
Depends on the sprayer. Spray close enough that most of it ends up on your skin and not the air, yet far enough that it doesn't pool up. Maybe ~6-8". And don't spray the front of your neck or face to avoid olfactory fatigue.
>>
>>12193455
alright! looking forward to it
>>
>>12193537
sorry, everything I've watched since has been English or Italian. thanks again for offering to help tho!
>>
>>12193524

I usually spray on my hair (wide spray) and a close spray behind each ear - do you think this is OK?

I'm trying to find a balance where I can smell it to gauge how others are smelling it. At the moment I get whiffs off the smell but never overpowering, I'm hoping it feels the same for others.
>>
>>12193886
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
anyone here tried the gosha rubchinskiy perfume?
>>
>>12194670
are you retarded? someone answered that like 4 posts above you
>>
>>12184379
What fragrance to wear on my wedding day? Something that blows everyone out of the window and screams "It's my special day".

>23 male
>5'11
> Dark skinned middle-eastern hottie.
>>
>>12194997
avignon
>>
>>12194997
Aventus
>>
do you guys wear something every day? i only have two colognes and they were both gifts but i still use one or the other every day
>>
>>12195063
yes, every time i go out, i put something on
>>
>>12194997
Sauvage
>>
>>12195067
oh okay

where do you wear it btw? i've heard that the neck is the best place so i usually just put a spray there
>>
>>12195075
yup, two sprays one on each side, sometimes i'll do a third in the middle but not often as i don't like the idea of choking people out with my frag
>>
>>12195005
>>12195024
>>12195071
>>12194997
Don't wear memes to your own wedding
>>
>>12195085
in what way is avignon a meme
>>
>>12194997
Empire by Trump
>>
>>12195089
It gets shilled on here 24/7 just because of its association with le experimental heart with eyes brand. Same goes for odeur 53, Man 2 etc.
>>
File: 1442709653064.jpg (7KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1442709653064.jpg
7KB, 249x249px
>>12195103
you guys are so autistic when it comes to this whole meme thing

who's going to be able to identify what your wearing and even if somebody does they're not going to think "xdddddddd >>>>>>>>wearing memes"
>>
>>12195103
yeah no, you're a legit moron.
>>
>>12195005
lol yeah have the muzzie wear catholic incense to his wedding
>>
File: 1484443210872.jpg (68KB, 749x835px) Image search: [Google]
1484443210872.jpg
68KB, 749x835px
>>12195116
I hope that we can all agree that Sauvage is in fact a meme though
>>
>>12194730
fuck me im retarded sorry
>>12193397
the note pyramid interests me, hows the longevity and projection? worth the price tag?
>>
>>12194997
I mean, Jubilation XXV probably? I'd wear an soft and elegant floral from MFK, but that doesn't seem to be what you're looking for.
>>
>>12195063
Yeah. If I'm not going anywhere, I'll still spray something on my chest or try something from my box of samples.
>>
>>12195103
cdg deserve the praise they get, everything they make smells unique, and that's hard when you make so many frags with so many common notes
also
>heart with eyes
that's cdg play not cdg parfums u dingus
>>
>>12194136
bump for this
>>
>>12194136
>spray on hair
that seems like a terrible idea
>>
>>12194136
>>12195500
Assumed this was bait. Why do you want me to respond to bait.
>>
File: x.png (163KB, 878x637px) Image search: [Google]
x.png
163KB, 878x637px
>>12195513
I mean, maybe a girl's asking the question. Some houses (Byredo, for example) offer hair perfumes. Which makes sense if you have long hair.

Alcohol dries out hair though. So I wouldn't make a habit of spraying regular perfume/cologne in it. Does someone on youtube advocate it or something? Seems like something a retard on youtube would suggest.
>>
>>12195498
Most people don't know the difference anyway. Normies only buy CDG frags and CDG play shit because that's the only stuff in department stores. Hence the association and the hype. I'm not saying Avignon is bad, in fact I have a bottle of it as well as well as Kyoto and Wonderwood, but it's still definitely meme, especially in /frag/.
>>
>>12195513
>>12195516

I got the advice from a youtube channel, that black guy who works in a perfume shop. He said he was collecting evidence for 2 years and spoke to perfumiers, they all said hair is the best place....................... im skeptical too, thats why I ask
>>
>>12195561
http://www.basenotes.net/sitesearch.php?x=0&y=0&q=spraying+cologne+in+hair

Perfume lasts longer on hair. If you have long hair, it will help it project. If you're a dude with short hair, I wouldn't, but do whatever.
>>
>>12194997
Aventus or Jubilation

Just don't do generic designer trash. You want to remember the day as truly special.
>>
>>12195137
Is this tweet real because I keep trying to find it and failing
>>
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Mancera/Black-Gold-43335.html

who hype?
>>
>>12184379
He seems like a faggot just like his dad.
>>
>>12196139
aventus is designer trash
>>
>>12194997
Halfeti by Penhaligon's
>>
>>12194136
My general rules of thumb for application:
• 2-5 sprays in general, most frags 3-4.
•As said, avoid proximity to nose, i.e. face and front of neck, to avoid olfactory fatigue.
• Under clothes mutes projection.
• On hair/clothing aids projection and holds on to top notes longer, but some frags stain some fabrics, and soaking your hair in alcohol can't be great for it, so be smart about it.
• On exposed skin also aids projection and achieves "normal" progression from top to base notes.

What I do:
• 1-2 sprays to chest: this is mostly for me, as I get wafts from under collar all day.
• 1 spray to back of neck: this also gets some on hairline.
• 1-2 sprays to forearms, rub to share if needed. I avoid wrists, as those get a lot of wear and tear on pockets and desks, plus forearms get the added hair surface area bonus.

But as long as you follow the rules of thumb, you can spray anywhere you like. Some people like the legs or pits...
>>
>>12194997
I always figured I'd wear Antaeus if I ever got hitched, but it's one of my favorites.
>>
>>12195063
I feel naked if I don't have a frag on.
>>
https://perfume-to-you.myshopify.com/products/tom-ford-black-orchid-edp-3-4oz-100ml

is this legit or should i go to sephora
>>
File: 1467168277285.jpg (290KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
1467168277285.jpg
290KB, 800x531px
what are your opinion on FragraneX?

I've bought from there before but I noticed alot of people give it bad reviews, any insight on that?
>>
>his signature scent is designer
>his signature scent is an aquatic
>his signature scent costs less than $300
>>
File: cozytobaccoish.png (2MB, 2176x1299px) Image search: [Google]
cozytobaccoish.png
2MB, 2176x1299px
Suggest a warm and kinda spicy tabacco-ish vanilla-ish fragrance that isn't AMen, Spicebomb, or anything pictured here. Niche preferred. Beautiful or interesting bottles also preferred.
>>
>>12196604
>he has a signature scent
There's your first mistake.
>>
>>12196567
sephora or notino
>>
>>12196749
Chergui
Escada Homme (discontinued)
Havana
Tea for Two
>>
>>12196993
>Chergui
Tried it, hated the honey/powderiness
>Escada Homme (discontinued)
Geranium/carnation is something I tend to avoid, but I'll look for a sample anyway.
>Havana
See Escada.
>Tea for Two
Like it quite a lot, but it's in the pic.

Thanks for the reply.
>>
>>12197026
Yeah, couldn't think of anything else that fit your criteria. Totally get Chergui. Escada is more of a boozy vanilla. Havana doesn't smell of those flowers to me, it's a favorite spicy tobacco, well worth checking out. And ha, totally spaced on T4T.
>>
>>12197035
Carnation/geranium tend to show up in frags that are spicy in kind of am old school masculine way that I really dislike. But occasionally they're blended quietly and do their work in the background, so I'll hope that's the case here. Thanks again.
>>
File: locelhm_aedt10-01__8.jpg (47KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
locelhm_aedt10-01__8.jpg
47KB, 350x350px
Anyone have? Tempted to get as a go-to/"daily driver" even though I'm don't wear anything nearly daily.
>>
>>12197441
i have it, its nice enough. l'occitanes eau de beaux is my fave and i wear it more
>>
>>12197441
Get Eau Des Baux instead.
>>
>>12197457
>>12197467
I know EdB is the front-runner from L'Occitane, I really like cypress/incense but I'm not a big spice/vanilla fan at all. That and it's really fall/winter suited.

I've been really digging lavender and I've been looking for a full bottle of something to use all year round, while a keep interesting stuff to splits/decants.
>>
>tfw sensitive to smells
I get headaches and a stuffy nose really easily. Is there anything I could wear on special occasions that isn't so intense?
>>
>>12195543
>girls
>on the internet
>>
>>12196264
I wear lots of Mancera, but this one doesn't seem too exciting to me. The brand also needs to take a look at their naming conventions. Every Mancera / Montale perfume name is a grab bag mix of colors and notes. Use a bit of imagination.
>>
File: IMG_6661.jpg (21KB, 420x789px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6661.jpg
21KB, 420x789px
Drops next month. Thoughts?
>>
File: IMG_6662.jpg (61KB, 640x664px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6662.jpg
61KB, 640x664px
>>12197670
>>
>>12197549
La nuit de l'homme is soft and gorgeous
>>
>>12196749
Try Sweet Tobacco Spirits - 18.21 man made.
>>
File: nd.28582.jpg (67KB, 300x393px) Image search: [Google]
nd.28582.jpg
67KB, 300x393px
Has anyone here smelled Biancolatte?
If you can tell me something about it, if it's suitable for a man
>>
>>12197674
>>12197670
sounds pretty boring, like all other ck frags
>>
>>12197737
The name means whitemilk, not sure if it's grammatically correct but whatever.

I'd guess it's a creamy vanilla kind of thing from that alone. The colour choices also suggest cream and vanilla.
>>
>>12197733
Don't like the bottle, but will try a sample. Thanks for the suggestion.
>>
which of the dior poison frags do you guys think would work best on a guy?
>>
>>12196749

try slumberhouse kiste
>>
Could anyone recommend a good fragrance store in New York City?

Sephora only has the mainstream stuff.

Anyone been to CB I Hate Perfume?
>>
>>12198133
Really disliked it (for similar reasons to disliking Chergui iirc) but thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I'll revisit it.
>>
>>12198210
http://www.basenotes.net/threads/177429-New-York-New-York/page5

>CB
Visit it and tell us about it
>>
>>12198210
Just go to Saks or Barney's. Or Bloomingdale's, or Nieman Marcus. You could visit each brand's boutique individually, but the Saks counter should have sections for several different niche brands.
Bond No. 9, Creed, and Le Labo all have boutiques in town if you want to take a tour. Post pics of your little adventure.
>>
Club de nuit intense man arrived in the mail today. Harsh when you first spray with the strong citrus but in a few minutes dies down to a smokey fruity scent. Smells good, never got aventus under my nose so can't compare. Seems to perform really well so far. Excited to get some use out of it
>>
Sprayed AdG Profumo about 2 hours ago

Is it just me, or does it only smell marine when you sniff up close? When I smell my arm from a few feet away all I get are the herbs, and they're too overpowering IMO
>>
>>12198406
Nah the sillage is def. Marine fresh with the incense/herbs in the background
>>
why is my nautica voyage not performing at all
>>
>>12199179
It got reformulated didn't it?
>>
>>12199188
I think so. But it's to the point where I literally cannot smell it after applying. I sprayed 8 or so times 45 minutes ago and all trace of it is gone.
>>
>>12195548
no dept stores carry cdg except for barneys wth are you talking about
>>
>>12199272
maybe a fake?
i have a new form and it lasts 7-8 hours
>>
>>12197670
I get shit longevity from almost all Calvin Klein scents. For the same price for fresh unisex scents I've been going with Ferrari Bright Neroli and Aqua Di Parma Colonia Club.

Bright Neroli is basically Tom Ford Neroli Portifino that actually lasts. Colonia Club is a mashup of Grey Vetyver, Polo Crest and Aqua Di Gio that actually works and smells great.
>>
>>12197546
If you like the cypress and smoke of EdB get Lalique Encre Noire Extreme and Gucci Guilty Absolute asap.
>>
>>12196749
Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille and Parfums de Marly Herod are what you are looking for.
>>
Joop! Homme Red King <3
>>
>>12194997
Amouage Jubilation XXV
>>
>>12199657
Encre Norie has been on my list forever. That Gucci Guilty Absoltue recc surprised me, my brother has a Guilty (whatever the aquatic one is) and it's absolutely disgusting to me.

Guess they hopped on the leather/vetiver and "absolute" trend.
>>
Ordering D&G the one edp, might need some cheapie for free shipping. Could get
Encre noire
Dsquared potion
issey l'eau d'issey
montblanc legend or inviduel

or rec some kinda all day type wintery frag that I could get cheap from allbeauty
>>
>>12200419
EN works great for really cold and/or rainy days.
>>
>>12200464
is fine for college aged guys?
>>
>>12198291
>>12198306
Cheers lads.
>>
>>12199635
From fragrancex? Surely not?
>>
>>12200537
Maybe you're just getting olfactory fatigue dude
>>
>>12200490
I'm in college and use it as my daily cold weather scent. It has a modern, minimalist twist to a classical note, so it can work with anyone above 20 or so, it's reputation as an older men's scent mostly comes from it's complete lack of sweetness which contrasts most modern winter designers.

For that reason it's very polarizing, though, I'd recommend trying it out since it's very common in department stores or going for the a l'extreme version which is a lot more wearable if you don't think you can pull off the original.
>>
So I recently sampled Issey Miyake Pour Homme Sport and really like it. It smelled clean and fresh with a bit of a synthetic vibe to it.

Are there any scents with the same amount of cleanliness/freshness but with more of a "synthetic" feel to them?
>>
Where do I cop niche or discontinued frags for cheaper than market value?

I've been using FragranceNet, which seems to be all the right stuff (cheap, never had a fake sent to me), but obviously their selection is limited. Not sure where else to go. Do I just risk fakes and use ebay?
>>
>>12184379
Dior fahrenheit is my pick, but I think its too intense even in very small amounts.
Suggest me something I might like, that is a bit "lighter"
>>
>>12200833
Notino is as reliable as Fragnet and offers a wider range of niche brands.
>>
>>12201174
Trip on jeremy
>>
File: Fib2sWc.png (78KB, 282x300px) Image search: [Google]
Fib2sWc.png
78KB, 282x300px
>>12201583
>>
>>12200873
bvlgari black is the obvious choice here
>>
>>12200642
standard artek by cdg, i get massive amounts of compliments on it, fresh clean metallic
>>
>>12191182
I ordered a bunch of Poya 10ml essential oils to try something out:

Top Notes:
>Orange (Sweet)
>Bergamot

Middle Notes:
>Ho Wood
>Tea Tree (Austrailian)
>Niaouli

Base Notes:
>Cedarwood (Himalayan)
>Copaiba Balsam

Forgot to order spray bottles though so I'm ordering that today and I think it'll come in by Friday. Also don't have any vodka in stock so I'll pick up a bottle on my way home from lectures tomorrow. Hopefully it'll all come in by Friday so I have the weekend to mix it and let it rest before the following weekend where I actually try the concoction out.

Also if you want to hobby at home you could look into sewing. I just got into it and it's so rewarding. You can get started for less than $100, maybe even less than $50.
>>
>>12202248
Switch the bergamot for pineapple
>>
>>12199655
Not that anon, but both of those sound like I need to try them. Nice to hear mention of the great Polo Crest. That and Modern Reserve are treasured bottles in my wardrobe.
>>
>>12194997
Go for Amouage, either Dia man or Gold Man or Jubilation XXV
>>
I'm revamping my scents since all of my currents are just random gifts I've received over time, and I've only recently gotten interested in fragrances.

Currently going to buy these:
Late night/dates etc: D&G the one
All day lighter frags for work and lunches etc: Bleu de channel(wintery), allure sport or AdG profumo (more fresh summery)
Bit more chill going out frag: Dior Sauvage

Any criticism? I've sampled all of them and like em.
>>
File: nd.42937.jpg (108KB, 300x390px) Image search: [Google]
nd.42937.jpg
108KB, 300x390px
Anyone else interested in the new AMen?
>>
>>12203408
I think it's weird they chose mint. Mint never lasts long. Still gonna give it a try though
>>
>>12202977
If you're getting d&g the one, make sure it's the edp one. Other than that, some of the scents are a bit popular or as people refer to them on here: memes. They are good frags though imo
>>
Some1 bake a fresh thread
>>
New
>>12203713
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.