[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you had a garden, what would you put in it? I have a 10'x15'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

File: 1501333592264.jpg (124KB, 600x749px) Image search: [Google]
1501333592264.jpg
124KB, 600x749px
If you had a garden, what would you put in it? I have a 10'x15' plot that I want to use. I've googled around for all the usual options. Right now I will use 6'x8' for strawberry's, for Mead and eating, I also plan on sowing some staple crops, potatoes/ carrots/eggplants etc. What crop would I be retarded to not plant, /diy/?
>>
Sweet corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, peas, and beans are all good. You could also plant shit like squash, beats, lettuce, broccoli. Really just plant whatever you like
>>
>>1218910
Just to add to this. If you plant some garlic and and dill you could make your own pickles.
>>
File: 1433881740390.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
1433881740390.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
>>1218906
post more arse
>>
File: unknown[1].png (94KB, 1448x716px) Image search: [Google]
unknown[1].png
94KB, 1448x716px
>>1218906
Why not do something like this?

You'd have 238ft of growing space if you have a 2ft area in the middle for you to walk through.

Use a hydroponic setup with NFT. The shelves are .5ft in the picture.
>>
>>1218920
It's a community garden, run by the University on land I don't own, so I probably can actually build there. But this is now on my list of things to do once I have real people money
>>
>>1218930
how much money do you have? the entire cost of that greenhouse is 500$
>>
>>1218910
Good ideas, anything exotic you can think of? This is happening in Pennsylvania btw
>>
>>1218934
When I say real people money, I mean enough to buy a house with a backyard. I'm in an apartment now without a yard. Hence the community garden
>>
>>1218906
survival kale
>>
File: 1436133789053.gif (1014KB, 330x312px) Image search: [Google]
1436133789053.gif
1014KB, 330x312px
>>1218932
>all these flabby arses
Ireland, not even once.

I mean there's not much sun there and all but c'mon do something other than eat fried mars.
On the other hand those are probably some easy gals to score with. Which is nice since I'm no Adonis either.
>>
>>1218906
>retarded not to plant
It's kinda late in the season, so if you're starting now stick to short crop or winter stuff like beans, lettuce, botatoes, and like that. iirc cukes take a while.

>>1218937
>exotic
Daikon could be fun.
Be sure to bring in something for the bees like wild carrot.

>>1218956
I'd take all nine at once over one of OP's Pic related.
>>
File: Claire Gerhardstein 3.webm (2MB, 404x720px) Image search: [Google]
Claire Gerhardstein 3.webm
2MB, 404x720px
>>1218957
>I'd take all nine at once over one of OP's Pic related.
pic related is masterrace ass
>>
>>1218906
If you are planting root vegetables like carrots and potatoes don't bother unless they are heritage varieties or fingerlings, otherwise it's wasted space on something that is already really cheap to buy. I've heard asparagus grows like a weed, I am into pickling so I am biased towards cucumbers, kohlrabi, and peppers. Tomatoes from the garden are not even in the same class as store bought.
>>
>>1218914
>/diy/ - Do It Yourself
>>
>>1218906
see
>>>/out/1067867

Grow what you like to eat.
>>
>>1218906
Check out square foot gardening method, make the most of your space and cut down on the work
>>
>>1219276

Can confirm that this technique kicks ass.

Also see homegrowman thread on /out/ for details.
>>
"If you had a garden, what would you put in it?"

Hydrogel and mulch in the soil. On ebay hydrogel costs $30 for way way way more then you need. A cup fills a bucket, you put it in and under the soil and then you won't have to water much at all. Strawberries love it.
Ebay: 5 LBS WATER ABSORBING POLYMER CRYSTALS MOIST SOIL HYDROGEL WATER STORING CRYSTAL

If you don't have money for hydrogel but have a shovel, dig out the soil and put down bags of leaves people are throwing out & sticks. Then put the soil on top. The worms will be happy and your garden will need much less watering.
>>
>>1219276
For square foot gardening, the best deal you'll find for wood is fence pickets at home depot or lowes. Just have them cut to length, get a few of the cheap corner brackets and you're done with the structure. If you want cheap soil, dig out soil you have and fill in bags of leaves, sticks or unpainted scrap wood people are throwing out.

If you just want less weeds and to set up a garden in a day, just throw down garden cloth over a patch of soil, hold it down with some bricks or dirt and poke or burn holes with a torch into the garden cloth where you want the plants.
>>
>>1218906
Another good garden design is making a garden planter area from milk crates and then screwing wood planks to the outside.
>>
>>1218976
Do you mean to say store bought tomatoes are better than home grow?
Because if so you're so so wrong
>>
>>1218966
okay where do you guys get these videos
>>
>>1218906
I have a garden

it has tons of cherry tomatoes, some peppers, lots of cantaloupes (which have not fruited yet), cucumbers, and pumpkins thus far

I wanted to start a seed exchange if anyone else is interested...
>>
>>1220812
I'm interested in getting my hands on as many heirloom seeds as possible for my seed vault, but I only have cucumber and zuccini heirlooms to offer in return so far, and they won't be ready until the end of the season.
>>
>>1220826
>as many heirloom seeds as possible for my seed vault
the difficulty with that is you have to regularly grow everything out every few years to maintain stock

I'm not looking for much, maybe one or two kinds of tomatoes, some sweet peppers, and some cucumbers
>>
>>1220831
>the difficulty with that is you have to regularly grow everything out every few years to maintain stock
Which I do with the cukes and zukes, and plan on doing for the foreseeable future. My peppers, tomatoes, and eggplants are all hybrids again, but if you're interested I'll save you some cuke seeds and mail them to you - send me an e-mail and we can get that ball rolling:
[email protected]
>>
>>1218906
>If you had a garden, what would you put in it?

sluts
>>
>>1220835
just don't turn into pic related....

afaik mine are not heirloom, but I'm going to try and save as much as possible to share if I can

is there anything you'd like? there should be plenty of pumpkin and cantaloupe, willing the stupid woodchucks don't ruin them all before they ripen
>>
File: johnnyappleseed.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
johnnyappleseed.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>1220854
*cough* pic *cough*
>>
File: Claire Gerhardstein 5.webm (2MB, 404x720px) Image search: [Google]
Claire Gerhardstein 5.webm
2MB, 404x720px
>>1220790
google her name
>>
>>1220881
nice. I will give you ten sheckles for this
>>
>>1220854
Well, my father and I usually grow mortgage lifter tomatoes, black beauty eggplant, bell peppers, jalapeƱo peppers, straight eight cucumber, zucchini, everberry strawberries, italian parsley, sweet basil, and both italian and greek oregano. I'd be interested in trying sprouts, legumes, broccoli, spinach, sweet corn, potatoes, maybe some fruits but I'm in NJ so anything tropical is out.

We don't have the room to grow pumpkins. What conditions would cantaloupe require?
>>
>>1220913
>What conditions would cantaloupe require?
according to the internet; warm dirt, plenty of water, and room to grow upwards

the ones I have now were sprouted in trays, moved to small pots, then planted right into the lousy dirt in the yard....next year I plan to start them earlier, but they are pretty fast growers
>>
File: vines.jpg (393KB, 692x893px) Image search: [Google]
vines.jpg
393KB, 692x893px
>>1220919
>>
File: Claire Gerhardstein 6.webm (2MB, 404x720px) Image search: [Google]
Claire Gerhardstein 6.webm
2MB, 404x720px
>>1220899
yeah... her name is pretty suspicious.
>>
>>1220899
Also, since you got dubs I think you deserve this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPUDMvd-WdE&list=LLn34knxPTtTCuOz1UxjS1Tw&index=105
>>
certain plants are complementary so you want to plant them together to keep the soil health. things like beans help keep nitrogen in soil. I like berries myself, but always have had good luck with chard and lettuce. you also have to consider seasons. You might get two plantings of a hardy veggie or different veggies depending on the season.
>>
>>1218906
Plant culinary herbs they are expensive to buy even when in season. they will add so much to your cooking.
>>
>>1218906
/out/ is he correct board for this and has been for years now. here's the latest thread: >>>/out/1067867
>>
File: index.jpg (16KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
16KB, 259x194px
>>1218906
Things that would normally be expensive if you bought them fresh in the store. So Tomatoes, peppers, Leeks, Brussels sprouts, etc.

Purslane is a really high-yield, tasty, and very healthy ground cover to put in amongst your plants as well.
>>
>>1218906

OP I just wanted to say every time I've jerked off in the last week it's because I was browsing /diy/ and saw this ass. Thanks?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.