[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Repairing a rucksack/backpack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: Image00003.jpg (503KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Image00003.jpg
503KB, 1920x1080px
Hi guys and girls, I have not used 4chan before today so flame if need be.

I have a repairs question with regards to my backpack. It is a trespass trek 66ltr https://www.greatoutdoorssuperstore.co.uk/trespass-trek-66-litre-rucksack-ash-p39317/s127029 that I have been using for a few months now. At the base of the bag alongside my back the "Back support bars" have punctured through the material and protrude now. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a long term repair rather than duct taping it. The bars have pierced both sides of the bag ( One for each bar) leaving small holes. In its current state it still works but the protruding bars dig into my hips.

Cheers in advance!
>>
File: Image00001.jpg (636KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Image00001.jpg
636KB, 1920x1080px
left hole without bar
>>
File: Image00002.jpg (373KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Image00002.jpg
373KB, 1920x1080px
right hole without bar
>>
I'd get some wide nylon webbing, then sew it with heavy needle and heavy duty thread on the inside to close the hole and reinforce it.....just a guess

perhaps ask in >>>/out/ later on
>>
Hey, thanks for replying.

I asked over at /out/ earlier on and I was suggested to post over here as well
>>
>>1201499
Cauterize your asshole with a firepoker you piece of shit
>>
>>1201614
Wow, someones a little angry aren't they?
>>
>ripstop nylon
>ripstop
kek

Back support bars: get some fine grit sandpaper or a nail file and smooth down the sharp corners along the edges at the tip. Don't overdo it, you aren't trying to change the shape, you just want it rounded over properly so it doesn't bust through and jab you in the back again. See picture. Wrap the ends neatly with electrical tape. Less is more; goal isn't to add bulk but friction.

Reinforcing the area: two strips of duct tape, trimmed down to 5cm or so in length and narrow enough to fit through the holes. They're going into the channels with the support bars but you want them adhered to the fabric not the bars. To borrow house terminology you're putting tape on the ceiling and on the floor. Ensure the ends of each strip are 5mm or so in past the edges of where the holes are so you're not trying to sew through duct tape.

Repairing the holes: if you know how to sew, close the holes up using a ladder stitch. If you don't know how to sew, look up how to do a ladder stitch on jewtube and do a few practice runs on an old tea towel. Making the stitches all the same length isn't as important as making sure the "rungs" are parallel. Ignore any bits that involve using an iron; nylon has too low a melting point to be worth the risk of burning the holes into even bigger holes. Do not use cotton thread. Thin heavy-duty polyester like for upholstery would be best but if all you've got is one of those little travel clothing repair sewing kits, that'll be polyester thread and should work just fine.

Wouldn't hurt to fire off an email to the manufacturer as well if you've not done so already.

>>1201685
Perfectly normal and reasonable reaction. Him, not you. Lurk moar faggot.
>>
File: faggot.png (3MB, 810x1700px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
3MB, 810x1700px
>>1201763
fug dropped pic
>>
File: tunnel of bees.png (1MB, 799x744px) Image search: [Google]
tunnel of bees.png
1MB, 799x744px
What >>1201508 said seems logical.

Out of curiosity OP: of all the messageboards in the world, why was 4chan your choice for asking for help? I mean, yeah we do have boards like this one, but given our general reputation... Of course, you said "flame" instead of "troll" so I assume you've been on the Internet longer than the modern redditfags and cancerous social media fags. Did your phpbb forum get absorbed by the Forum Borg or something recently?
>>
>>1201863
Good question. Generally I don't go on forums much anymore, or message boards. I wasn't getting anywhere with google and I asked my brothers where would be good online for a quick answer that wouldn't require signing up to something new. They said try 4chans /out/ or /diy/ but to expect some aggro about it. I figured fuck it, if 2 out of 20 answers are somewhat useful I would be better off than I was before anyway. :)
>>
>>1201953
Fair enough. The "useful" blue boards are usually relatively kind, but everyone still viciously speaks their mind as needed. The most important thing on the whole site though: lurk moar faggot

>welcome to the ocean of piss
>>
Thanks for the welcome :P I don't mind people saying what they think. I have thick skin and am not prone to being triggered. T B H I heard about from my younger brothers a lot and I thought I would give it a whirl. I take it people rarely ask for help or advice on this message board? I get the feeling its more of the "fuck off with your pish" kind of place.
>>
>>1202231
>I take it people rarely ask for help or advice on this message board? I get the feeling its more of the "fuck off with your pish" kind of place.
We get tonnes of help requests here, but only some develop into good threads. It all depends how you come at us.

> Hay /diy/ I have/bought/found object, what do?
Vs
> Hay /diy/, I have object, I tried X which resulted in Y, I then found a forum suggesting A, B and C. C looks like a winner but I'm not sure abut [detail], can someone fill in the blank for me?

The former will get you rightly shouted off the board, the latter will almost always be a constructive and helpful thread. Why? Because you have demonstrated that you have half a clue what you're doing and are capable of processing the potentially highly technical answer you may receive. The former just makes you look like a faggot who needs to be spoonfed, and will definitely result in a "fuck off with your pish" kind of thread.

If you're not being a faggot who needs to be spoonfed, you're usually golden. There is a reason we have "First ask Google, then ask /diy/. Your question will probably be better received if you do so." in the sticky (the permanent posts at the top of each board, which give you an idea of how the board operates before you jump in). Help us to help you by giving us as much detail as you can. Simple.

Anyway, welcome to 4chan, lurk more faggot.
>>
>>1201499
I fixed the same problem with a patch - peace of seat belt sewed with fishing line.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.