[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

handles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: lhby88m.jpg (32KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
lhby88m.jpg
32KB, 500x333px
How to make non-wooden screw driver handles?
I have some ideas:
>use a metal pipe filled with epoxy like thing and place the head
>make a mold and fill with epoxy like thing
but what would be the best material?
>>
Carbon. Less air resistance means you can screw faster. Faster, faster oh my god, faster.
>>
>>1201028
how?
>>
Just get some PLA.
>>
>>1201027
I like the epoxy idea, you could also use that with a plastic tube. If you make a small furnace you can melt zinc or aluminum and cast your own handles. You could also use an oven to melt some HDPE to make a blank of plastic you can turn for a handle. HDPE degrades in the sun so the best color is black HDPE and the worst is the milky white that milk jugs are made of.
>>
Micarta.

Google it, enjoy.
>>
>>1201425
I wonder if I can melt a plastic bottle into a mold using a heat gun
>>
>>1201483
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyP7YJ9O3TY&index=3&list=PLprpiNrh-8PdyW_uc_3AaflWw3avmqJd0
>>
>>1201485
it was cool (except for the mdf mold)
>>
I soldered some into metal handles over 20 years ago. They are still going strong. These were miniature screw drivers though.
>>
>>1201605
also good idea
>>
>>1201027
Why exactly do want to use non-wood handles and why is the MDF mold here >>1201485 an issue?
Is it a lack of woodworking tools? A hatred towards wood or a challenge from a friend. Depending on the answer we can help you come up with something that you can do.

Laminated plastic plates would also be cool, different colors glued together with CA glue. Then just sand the edges to make it smooth.
CA glue can be bought cheap and a sheet of acrylic is only a few bucks.
>>
>>1201027
It's quite easy, take the metal part of the screen driver. Lather it in crazy glue. Wrap your hand around it. Never worry about losing your grip ever again plus it's portable.
>>
>>1203592
this is >>>/diy/ not >>>/dy/
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.