[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Indoor Vertigal Garden

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: ClickAndGrow.jpg (229KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
ClickAndGrow.jpg
229KB, 900x900px
Hello, I'm trying to build the diy version of pic related(wall farm), so far I have some ideas in mind and a budget of over 2000 euros.

This is the first time that I try to do something so complex, no experience with gardeing at all, no experience with large furniture... so any advice is welcome.

I want to build it with some doors(no idea what kind of doors or enclosing) maybe so I can avoid the annoying light without having to power off if I want to take a nap for example, so I would need some ventilation and negative air pressure somewhere, as silent as possible.

Has anyone done something similar? What wood should I use?(should I use wood in the first place?)

The idea is to play with some arduino and arduino sensors and maybe create an android app or web server so I can control and check it remotely (water deposit/light/temperature/humidity/anything else?)

I'm planning on getting some of this lights from Phillips:
http://www.lighting.philips.com/main/products/horticulture/city-farming
But if you guys anything better, I'll listen.

My goal is to have some vegetables at home, hopefully enough to cover half of my personal intake, not sure if that's realistic.
>>
>>1175302
This post is very suspicious. Is op growing weed?
>>
>>1175302
I've built one. Used modified bunk bed plans and T5 lighting. Use aquatic water. Don't have fish directly in the system. Caught a mouse and now he lives in the tank.
>>
>>1175485
No need to assume things that aren't there, we can't discuss indoor gardening because someone might be growing weed?
There's a lot of other plants that can be grown indoors.

But OP, I suggest you check out the homegrowmen threads on /out/.
>>
>>1175485
Well not atm, might do it on the future (legal to grow for personal consumption where I live)

The idea of picking it up fresh vegetables from my own shelves and eat it is very attractive to me.

>>1175578
Might get a fish tank also.

>>1175735
Thanks will check /out/
>>
File: DSCN8596a.jpg (2MB, 3072x3068px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN8596a.jpg
2MB, 3072x3068px
>>1175302
Shelving unit.
Cardboard with foil, Mylar, or matte white paint on one side.
Lights.
Wire & chain.

You can do a great deal with pretty much nothing at all. I built a cardboard box around a shelving unit and tossed in some LED shop lights.

Also, see: >>>/out/1012616
>>
File: DSCN2567a - Indoor Greens.jpg (4MB, 2032x6872px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN2567a - Indoor Greens.jpg
4MB, 2032x6872px
>>1175820
Here's my winter greens. Lambs quarter, chickweed, and spinach. This was back when I only had fluorescent lights.
>>
>>1175820
>>1175822
That looks amazing, thanks.

I'm planning on visiting IKEA this weekend, Came across this:
https://youtu.be/Sv9wD2HNSnA
I was planning way bigger, but might be a start.
Thoughts?
>>
File: DSCN9780b.jpg (4MB, 3072x4600px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN9780b.jpg
4MB, 3072x4600px
>>1175848
You should try normal soil-based plant care first. Jumping ahead to something with high maintenance isn't a good idea. The in-between is the "Kratky Method" which doesn't use a big or complicated system for hydroponics. Which is what that video is actually doing. The downside to hydroponics is the need for all the extra nutrients(usually purchased instead of homemade like manure tea/compost tea) and the lack of a mycorrhizal network.

Gardening is really easy, you just need to know the correct information and know how to search online for solution to problems when you see them.

If you really want to use that ikea thing, you may want to learn how to make compost tea or manure tea (google how) in order to replace the need for store bought nutrient for that kit. Google, "Kratky Method Compost Tea"
>>
>>1175859
Amazing, studying every possibility so far... and thank you!

Currently studying fogponics, it honestly looks the best despite some cons, last day of research before I go shopping, so I'm still on the middle of a DIY youtube videos marathon.
>>
>>1176152
Alright.

High-pressure aeroponics: seems like the best option, but unavoidable noise, it's a big no go for me, since this is indoor.

Fogponics: they can't work by themselves. So HPA + fogponics = noise again.

Aquaponics: I'd love having a fish-tank, but seems like I'll be limited by the fish-tank size, and it get's very expensive and tedious very quick.

Hydroponics seems like the only way atm... will keep researching and posting.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.