[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Repair or buy anew?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1369974971915.jpg (30KB, 355x342px) Image search: [Google]
1369974971915.jpg
30KB, 355x342px
I'm a fat fuck (not really, but w/e) who lives with his parents.

They have an oldish NordicTrack A2350 treadmill. They've used it enough that my fat 210 lbs ass can't run on it, when I do the treads studder and feels sluggish/shitty.

I'm considering just buying a new $300-$600 shit tier treadmill but am game for repairing it. Typically what should I be looking for? Is it just an engine problem?

Quick search showed an engine for roughly $330 on amazon.
>>
Why not just buy some Nikes and run outside?
>>
>>1173319
I get problems with shin splints when running outside, I've had it since highschool sports & all that jazz, the cushion of the treadmill makes it easier for them.
>>
Buy a bike. Wait diy buy a broken bike fix it then ride the bike. If you stay fat and don't use it you can sell it. Good luck recouping 300 bucks on a treadmill motor.
>>
>>1173316
You aren't fat because you don't exercise, you're fat because you eat too much. Fix that first.
>>
>>1173322
Like nigga get some doctor (((shols))) and eat 500mg of fish oil a day.

Thats how my bro dealth with it
>>
>>1173350
This guy is right
OP I was mildly overweight like you, I was ~210-215

Cut out all soda and candy/other empty calories, count out your good calories, the weight just slowly but consistently falls off you without having to exercise at all.

With that said, if the tread is sluggish and stuttering its probably bad rubber under the tracks.
It seems to be a big failure point on them

Do NOT throw the old one away if you buy a new one.
Rip it apart and keep the motor and the motor control assembly. You can build some great shit with it, youll be happy you saved it.

Ive been on the lookout for a free treadmill to build a belt grinder to make knives with
>>
>>1173322
>I get problems with shin splints when running outside, I've had it since highschool sports & all that jazz, the cushion of the treadmill makes it easier for them.

Dont buy a treadmill
Buy an elliptical, you are still getting your cardio in. You are still working out your legs and core. Its just a whole lot less impact on your body. Itll make you actually stay with it longer, and they can be had used for cheap.
>>
>>1173358
>>1173350
You're right, as a wrestler, I used to be able to rely on super great metabolism, now I can't. I have been starting to eat healthier, but due to my desk job, and very much so out of shape.

>>1173359
Good advice, I'll probably just go for an elliptical
>>
>>1173350
You can easily cut away 30% of your energy intake by eating less, or healthier. But by exercising you can up your energy usage by maybe 10%. The math is easy. Getting rid of the fat is healthy but so is exercise. Do both.
>>
>>1173369
>I have been starting to eat healthier, but due to my desk job
Your desk job doesn't make you eat out of vending machines.
>>>>/fit/
>>
>>1173316
Bro...

Your fat ass wore out a treadmill. Good on ya hoss.

Highly suggest anything besides run, dead lift, squats. Am personal friends with pro atheletes and u fucking your shit up bro.

Also i am 245 down from 280.

Intake is where its as. Not exorcise. So much easier ti just eat right than power through a fried cheeseburger diet.

Find a sticker on the motor.

Get us all numbers u can.

Fuck, i probably got one close enough to a match u can get for the cost of shipping
>>
>>1173342
This 100%.
Also consider an ebike assist for hills
>>
>>1173350
This.

Consider 21 day beach body diet.

My fat ass dropped 35 pounds. I cheat on it with beer daily. 1 or 2 times a week i take pizza to work. However, i eat half what they say too and when my belt gets tight i double down on diet mode.

Its hard but so worth it...
>>
>>1173358
That face when u realise th $20,000 machine your guy uses for heads is pretty much a free treadmill.

Fucking shit anon thanks
>>
>>1173369
Topkek. U wrestle in school or put on shows?
>>
When did you last lube the treadmill?
>inb4 never
>inb4 treadmills need lube?
>>
>>1173322
You need to run correctly. Do not heel strike.
>>
>>1173322
>I get problems with shin splints when running outside
you're wearing the wrong kind of shoes or your gait is fucked up. go to a running shoe store and get your gait and feet evaluated, it should be free.
>>
Tighten the running belt. Sounds like it is slipping.

T. Equipment tech.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.