[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

99% to 100% Light Blocking True Blackout Curtains

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Capture.jpg (56KB, 835x464px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
56KB, 835x464px
Can someone recommend me some true blackout curtains? I want my room to be like a fucking cave at noon. Does something like this exist under $40?
>>
ikea tulpur
>>
>>1087013
i remember when we were poor my mom bought security blankets and put them with the heat-reflecting side out on our windows in the summer. it kept it cool and also blocked a huge amount of the light.
barring that, just get a thick blanket and nail it to the wall around your window.
>>
>>1087013
Foil windows.
>>
>>1087013
Sheet of pink styrofoam insulation, paint it. Just needs to be 1/4 inch larger than the window opening to friction fit in place. Close curtains sleep well anon.
>>
>>1087029
>>1087016
>>1087022

Thanks, but I don't live in the ghetto.

>>1087015

These look good, but I need curtains to block the light from the sides.
>>
Cardboard/MDF/Plywood
>>
>>1087083
this is diy not buyitforme
>>
>>1087089
This. Go to /lgbt/ if you want your hand held while you by window treatments.
>>
>>1087083
>needs room blacked out at noon
>only has 40 bucks
>declining legit advice on the grounds that he's not a poor nigger

something isn't adding up.
>>
>>1087096
Not OP, but you don't have kids, do you?
>>
>>1087096
I wrote:

>Does something like this exist under $40?

>>1087096
You wrote:
>only has 40 bucks

I'll spend more if I need to. $40 sounds feasible to start.
>>
>>1087114
just get a piece of plywood and cover it up how hard is it
>>
>>1087013
>go on amazon
>read the reviews
pretty simple op you must be a complete retard.
you know you can buy specific liner fabric that you put on the hooks behind the curtain to black out whatever the curtain doesn't manage
also: pro-tip check the fabric, silk is not blackout, suede is pretty blackout, corduroy is about 50/50 blackout.
>>
>>1087083
>>1087098
>>1087114

Comfirming op is a retard, echoing the others, this is /diy/ not /shopping/ so you can fuck right off if you want us to pick a curtain for you when you can sit back and not google yourself. This guy come in here with a fucking attitude and think we are a "ghetto" because we make shit outselves and this clearly doesn't belong here. Read the fucking name, it is called do it yourself for a reason. Fuck right off if you just want to come here and show off your lovely tastes in fabrics and curtains. >>>/lgbt/ What a fucking twat.
>>
>>1087013
Aluminum foil.

Ghetto as shit but it works.
>>
>>1087096
Highlight of my day
>>
>>1087013
sheet of big cardboard
>>
>>1087133
+1

Also you can sandwich a space blanket between two layer of fabric, non-ghetto + dark as fuck; also fuckyou op
>>
>>1087098
>having a family you can't afford

Well now.
>>
>>1087013
Do you have access to any kind of tools at all? I would go to the dollar store and buy some yellow rope, some hinges, some screws, a screwdriver, and some black acrylic paint. Get a shipping pallet out of the trash and disassemble it into planks. Screw the hinges into the planks all on the same side, so that when the bottom plank is lifted, it rolls up. Use the rope to make loops, paint the wood black, and you've got yourself some heavy-duty DIY blinds.

You could probably do it for less than $20.
>>
>>1087013
>Can someone recommend me some true blackout curtains?
Mylar 1mm sheeting and some tape
>>
File: obama.jpg (153KB, 1600x1088px) Image search: [Google]
obama.jpg
153KB, 1600x1088px
>>1087095
>>
Fabric stores sell really good blackout material for super cheap... the biggest issue then becomes leakage from around the sides and the split in the middle...
>>
>>1087029
paint all around the styrofoam, to create a kinda block that fits the hole? a latex paint and two coats, maybe three, should create a nice solid block...

I am not Op, but I am gonna remember this insulation/wall technique... shed + styrofoam painted with latex, for the non-ghetto look
>>
Bought a big black waterproof type car cover. Double layered and sewed it to looking on curtains. Room is literally pitch black and can enjoy my projector and keep my nice curtains
>>
>>1089023
*Lining
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.