[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok ima make this simple im making armor and i have a simple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

ok ima make this simple

im making armor and i have a simple question

if you have a gut will it make it difficult to wear armor ? or make it look stupid if i do ?
>>
Consider making it to fit the body, rather than force a 10lb ham into a tin can. Look at different types of armor before starting work. Maybe there is something in a style you hadnt thought of that can work for larger bodies.
>>
>>1050494
thats not bad advice

im happy with my body for the most part i just wish i could hide my gut i conidered making chainmail fit to hold it in but that might be a terrible idea
>>
EXCELSIOR
>>
before anyone asks my first choice is im dieting and trying to exercise more but in the mean time id like to fit in my armor
>>
Make the armour slightly bigger and put more padding in the non gut areas
>>
>>1050501
i guess that's a possibility but wouldn't it look overly big? like compared to my head and arms?
>>
>>1050495
You can definitely hide some of it with the hard shell, just don't make too tight. The armor will displace some of the loose tissue and make it look better but it can hinder movement and/or be uncorfortable. Trust me Im 6' and 230 lb and I looked "better" with my Halloween costume on.
>>
>>1050495
this might turn out to work like a "mirdle" but it might also just bulge out like your stuffed in a sausage
>>
>>1050504
im 5'8 20 and almost 100% of it is in my gut

what kind of armor did you wear? was it anything like op's pic ?
>>
>>1050507
I modified a police like vest with fiber glass and resin. Master Chief
>>
>>1050526
did you have the problem of the fat collecting under your arms? and if so were you able to fix it ?
>>
>>1050505
Or just get an actual girdle to wear under the armor.
Really depends on OP's physique and what his ultimate goal on how he wants to look.
>>
>>1050534
ima assume from the other posts he just wants to hide his gut

a girdle may be the best option but it would leave him barrel chested but in armor im not sure whats a problem
>>
>>1050530
My arms are ok. Fairly muscular, so the extra bit of fat on the untrained eyes might just make my arms look bigger, so that wast a concerned
>>
>>1050507
>5'8 20
typo for 220, or did you mean 20 stone as in 280lbs? either way you won't look good in armour because you don't look good in anything.
>>
>>1050588
>either way you won't look good in armour because you don't look good in anything.

Stop cosplaying real men and work on BECOMING a real man instead, you fat sack of garbage.
>>
>>1050490
Yes you fat loser. It will. Unless you literally shape it to fit your fat fucking belly it will look dumb as duck and not fit right. Maybe you can hammer some abs into the big belly you craft for it to trick the lanwhale women at comic con into thinking your fit.

Kill yourself.

Do you also want us to tell you how to make the bonfire coil sword from dark souls out of metal without it being too heavy for your mountain dew fueles arms to lift?
>>
>>1050502
then make every aspect of it bigger
>>
>>1050588
That's hilarious

>>1050507
HILARIOUS.

You need to stop drinking you fat fuck.
>>
File: 1470086573316.jpg (36KB, 441x334px) Image search: [Google]
1470086573316.jpg
36KB, 441x334px
>>1050535
It would also leave him a bigger fag than he already is. Which is impressive.
>>
>>1050596
im a a blacksmith and machinist by trade so go fuck yourself
>>
>>1050599
>>1050588
i dont drink at all
i eat healthy and exercise

i am in constant stumic pain ....maybe thats my real issue
>>
>>1050689
>>1050692

>eat healthy and exercise
>still fat
>pick one

Pick one you retard. You're eating more calories than you use on a daily basis. Download the my fitness pal app and be disgusted by how much of a fat as you are after you enter your daily meals and snacks and sugary beetus drinks.

A giant salad with 3000 calories worth of ranch croutons and bacon with a diet coke is not eating healthy.
>>
>>1050588
>>1050599
>>1050788
>>1050596
/fit/, kindly sod off to your own board; he's looking for advice on armoring, not verbal abuse.

>>1050490
OP, what kind of armor are you making? Mail or plate, you need to size it to your gambeson anyway, and if you can fit into that, you're golden.
>>
>>1050828
If he wants proper armor he's gotta lose weight.
>>
>>1050788
Stick 2 scoops of that whey crap up your ass faggit.
you /fit/ people always come off as a bunch of raging homosexuals with your dude you lift bro o look these biceps man
>>
File: stop mate.jpg (35KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
stop mate.jpg
35KB, 360x480px
I am not one 1 of the fat haters, at the end of the any man enjoying life will have a bit of a gut.

Are you going for the classic bronze roman look with the abs or a Gothic breastplate?
Gothic would probably be the prettier option. considering ur fat.

I doubt it's gonna look good tho.
>>
File: henry8petworth.jpg (462KB, 731x1400px) Image search: [Google]
henry8petworth.jpg
462KB, 731x1400px
>>1050830
Except he really don't; you just have to be able to be athletic (which has nothing to do with body fat; that's a modern concept). This royal lardass not only fit into armor, he fought tourney regularly in it.
>>
>>1050840
Literally never said anything about protein. Just saying lose weight you fat fuck. I'm not even some dudebro gym rat.

You're a fat fuck pretending to be a knight in armor. You're the fag lol
>>
>>1050849
You tell yourself that
>>
>>1050857
i wasnt even op though
>>
>>1050828
plan was to make a chain-mail under layer with a breast plate on top

not going for historical
plan is still to try and lose the weight but even after drastic dieting (almost vegan as a result of IBS) it seem to have no effect
>>
>>1050828
>gambeson
i have seen some fat sob where those and hide there gut as a result

this might be all you need get one that fits your sholders and go from there
>>
>>1050843
>gothic

if anything, Gothic would be the worst possible choice, given its intentionally meant to be gracile, with a wasp-waist that emphasises the narrowness of the waist.

if I were in OP's shoes, I'd look at a Wisby coat of plates, because you could make it smaller later on by taking out two from the back.

its one of the few shapes that a fatter guy can wear and not look like a beached manatee.
>>
>>1050901
OP's figure really isnt going to work in something like this.....
>>
>>1050490
Just make chainmail. You won't fit in plates.
>>
>>1050904
im not sure how big you all think i am exept for my gut im not fat anywhere else

im basicaly built like hank hill
>>
File: 366508110_detail.jpg (7KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
366508110_detail.jpg
7KB, 220x220px
>>1050490
Op make 17th century style armor it has a built in gut like design for deflection of musket balls op is cool rest of thread are fagots
>>
went out today and tried on a gambeson seems to do the trick
>>
>>1050490
So some asshole rejects from /fit/ decided to drop in, and that sucks. But as a non retarded /fit/izen, I really do think you should try checking out our sticky. A 250 cal per day deficit is pretty easy, and will definitely get you some results.

Anyway, from what I've seen, bigger guys do look a little weird in armour. Not super weird, though, if it's made to fit. One thing that might be worth doing, is scale it big enough to accommodate your gut, and wearing some sort of padding in the areas that are too loose.
>>
>>1050490

This would be a good question for the Live Action Roleplay thread in /cgl/

>>>>/cgl/9156534
>>
>>1050490
>making armour
>will it look stupid

If you were worried about what other people think you probably shouldn't have such a retarded hobby
>>
>>1052800
careful with those edges
>>
>>1052723
>250 cal per day deficit

deficit from what?

im only consuming 750 a day as it is my meals are pre-made and decided by my nutrition

not sure how many times i need to state that i already eat a medically measured diet
>>
>>1052800
>retarded hobby

let me guess you go out and drink beer shoot guns that you never learn to fire than play call of duty
>>
>>1053062
correction a company makes the meals but the nutrition tell me to eat them
>>
>>1053065
Let me guess, you drink soda and play warcraft, completely skipping the guns.
>>
>>1053062
A deficit on the energy you burn. If your output is less than your input you will lose mass.

Have you worked out how many calories you burn each day?
>>
>>1053216
*Other way round input less than output
>>
>>1053186
no and no
>>
>>1053216
i see what you mean i do weight cardio exersice in the morning before stretching and walk half a mile each night but that's about it
>>
>>1050788
Actually, I knew a dude that only had a big gut because he had legitimate medical issues having to do with not being able to poop regularly (at least that was a symptom of the overall problem). Maybe this guy is full of shit too.
>>
>>1053985
i see what you did there
>>
so update for people who wana know turns out i have massive gal stones
>>
>>1054227
>>1054227

Probably from drinking and eating a high fat diet. Kek.
>>
Do plate ala Robert Baratheon from season 1 king of thrones
>>
>>1050490
Minimize the amount of weight you have to force into it, but don't make it so big that it wouldn't fit properly after you lost weight either
>>
14th century transitional armour is popular in the SCA because it's very forgiving about weight.

15th century high Gothic requires a wasp waist.
>>
>>1054863
dense one arnt you?

i dont drink and i never have

and i have stated what i eat already

at this point your taking a creationist type stance
>>
>>1055054
not a bad idea

i already lost 4 pounds so i might just work on other parts of the armor and see how the weight loss goes
>>
>>1054226
I dindu nuffin. I was being completely sincere.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.