[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gardening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 392739.jpg (98KB, 600x450px)
392739.jpg
98KB, 600x450px
Hey guys
I need help with gardening, I want to make my backyard and front-yard green, long and beautiful.

Any experts with gardening that can help me out?
>>
Weed & Feed is your best friend. Remove large established weeds by hand first.
>>
>>1029539
"Feed" as in water the grass?
and "Weed" as in weed out the weed?
>>
>>1029547
http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/when-and-how-to-apply-weed-feed/

Basic primer here.
>>
>>1029550
thanks mate

Out of curiosity, where does those weeds come from?
I mean if there were no humans on earth, how would nature cope with weeds?
>>
>>1029554
....where do* those.....
>>
u want gardening help or landscape help...

lawns are a fucking waste man.. put in some flower and garden beds; all those chemicals and treated water for lawns is shit for the planet...

I'm no hippy just makes sense
>>
>>1029554
Where our lawns are now would just be a biologically diverse forest or field or something depending on the climate you live in.
Weeds aren't bad unless you're cultivating specific species of plants.
>>
>>>/out/
>>
File: DSC05458.jpg (3MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05458.jpg
3MB, 2816x2112px
Lawn care pro here

Weed and feed is NOT a good product, its for lazy people

The reason it fails is each one has to be applied at its own rate:

Fertilizer is applied at around 4 lbs/1000 ft assuming 25% nitrogen ie 26-0-5 is 26% Nitrogen, 0 % Phosphorous and 5% Potassium 4X , use slow release 4X per year 6-8 weeks apart

2,4 D is used for spot weed treatment where allowed, a 0.8% to 1.5% solution sprayed at a rate of around 10 liter per 1000 sq ft or just spray until wet

Watering: at least 1" per week 2" per week in areas where temps cross 90F
>>
>>1029655
I want my lawn and backyard to look like that in the picture.

Sorry but I didn't understand those numbers

>>1029560
not sure what to call it
But basically my lawn and backyard
I don't mind using non chemical and planet friendly things but I just want a way to proceed with
>>
>>1029655
>>1029681
I live in Ontario Canada btw
>>
File: 1.jpg (103KB, 800x600px)
1.jpg
103KB, 800x600px
This backyard looks very nice
Grass is green and full
>>
What do I do if my lawn is basically all weeds? I got creeping charlie fucking everywhere, and a few spots of some cabbage looking weed here and there. Creeping charlie is this vine-like weed that spreads like wildfire. I've neglected it for the past two years when I moved in and now it's everywhere. I've considered hiring a professional. but honestly I'd rather invest that money in my house.
>>
>>1029689
That exactly what I wanted to say, didn't know how to explain myself. I am OP
>>
>>1029537
It's thursday night, I'm miserable at my job, and now I'm looking at pictures of someone's lawn while drinking myself to death.
Fuck this life.
>>
>>1029706
Is that picture in OP your lawn? If so it actually looks pretty decent compared to mine
>>
>>1029706
haha no don't worry
it's summer vacation and I though I could help out my senpai with their lawn
>>
>>1029714
no that pic is very similar to my lawn

>>1029743
dafuq, i meant family
>>
>>1029554
natural grass ie grain types pretty much kill off weeds on their own, I have a whole field of canary grass. root density and the fact the shit grows 6 foot tall chokes off most other plants,
>>
>>1029682
hello fellow Canadafag.. North Shore grass growth.. good fucking luck, at least we get a lot of rain
>>
>>1029706
how dense is your turf?

may have a high clay content,, get some horse manure and till it in.. no need for weed and feed after that

Ontario has poor topsoil, due to glacier action
>>
>>1029771
not fresh manure.. composted of course,
>>
File: Monsanto_Shill.png (47KB, 832x1199px)
Monsanto_Shill.png
47KB, 832x1199px
>>1029539
>pouring shit on your lawn willingly

Rot in hell.
>>
>>1029554
The definition of weed is "a wild plant growing where it is not wanted and in competition with cultivated plants.". If there were no humans on Earth, there would be no weeds - it's a category that only exists relative to the existence of human society and culture.
>>
>>1030360
i see
>>
>>1029689
Get yourself some gloves, boots, a shovel, and a bin, and go out there and start picking the most serious looking ones. Buy or make some nice mulch and spread it all over the weeded areas when you're finished.
>>
>>1030616

sounds easy enough, and how do i prevent weeds from growing back?
>>
>>1030790
1. pull weeds repeatedly
2. spray some weed poison periodically
3. give up; weeds are green after all
>>
>>1030790
Periodically go back and pull up ones that return. The mulch will suppress weed growth as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (252KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
252KB, 600x800px
So my mates paying me to do his lawn. Never used a whipper snipper before but he'd like me to use one.

How should I go about doing this?
I'm fine with a mower. Done a lot of lawns growing up.
Pic related.
>>
>>1030816

I live in the US but to clear that brush I'd just rent 2-4 goats for a weekend. They'd eat ALL of that shit down in no time. I've done it before and it cost like 100 bux for a week rental.
>>
>>1030819
hahahahaha
>>
>>1029682
So 2-4d is out and just about everything that works. Reason why I got out of the business. New products are just iron overloads and sorta work.

One thing that has always worked great is aeration and overseed. Do it once a year and fert once once a month. Regular watering once twice a week for an hour. Pull the weeds and god help you if you have a lot of grab grass lol
>>
>>1030816
i would use whipper snipper for the very high parts and then just run at it with lawn mower, don't be a pansy
>>
>>1029689
It took me a few years but I got rid of most of it. I pulled tons of it by hand after a rain. But honestly its all about timing with charlie. Spring time when its just starting to get growing. almost before your grass starts growing. It doesn't have that waxy forcefield on it. But some soap in whatever you are spraying. I dont give a shit if people claim its in there. there is not enough soap in it. I use spectracide and mix over what the model says and spot treat. then a second time in the spring. then again in the fall before it stops growing seems to be the ideal.

the bad news is something else usually takes its place.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.