[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dgg/ - /d/ Games General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 710
Thread images: 78

File: 1411212926946-0.jpg (1023KB, 1300x813px) Image search: [Google]
1411212926946-0.jpg
1023KB, 1300x813px
old thread >>6735007

A magical edition

Discuss lewd games, share your projects and have others critique them.
Post pictures (/d/ related preferably) to keep the thread alive.

Lose hope of making games here, and collaborate with others to not make games:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?pli=1#!forum/hentai-game-dev-group

>/d/ Catalog:
http://pastebin.com/Su7gb2iq

>IRC:
irc.rizon.net
#/d/evs
>>
>Also, Twine is a favorite platform among some tribe of moralizing scolds, apparently?

Seriously. What is FCDev talking about?
>>
>>6738820
Finally, editions are back edition.
>>
>>6738822

It's a GG thing I think. Zoe Quinn did her game in twine I know that.

Ergo avoid the whole fucking mess it's better that way. With fire if at all possible.
>>
>>6738824
Oh right. I will. Those people are insufferable.
>>
So /d/, I have to ask, what's your dream game?
>>
I just posted a request under FCDev's blog, and I would like to mention it here aswell, to see what you guys think of my idea.
I came up with this because it bothered me that your slaves will always perform the same way in their assigments over and over again.
A devoted slave will always be a good whore and there's nothing that could go wrong.
No Haven's "Success"-System sort of inspired me. NOW, don't worry. I really don't want FC to include an option that my whore may fail terribly and burn down my arcology by mistake, and I don't even necessarily mean a new gameplay-elemt by this.
What I thought of, was flavourful messages that may appear in a slave's End Of Week-summary, informing you about minor things like "XYZ failed to please a prominent customer appropriately while whoring herself out", aimed to entice you to punish her for that result or advanced things that take Future Society's, a slave's stats or her quirks into account like "Despite her fear of someone seeing her naked, XYZ swallowed down her anxiety while serving the public to do a good job."
The player could then reward or punish XYZ with nicer/harsher rules or assignments however he sees fit or could just leave it at that and ignore what happened without awkwardly clicking away an event. I hope I could explain my idea well enough.
>>
>>6738824
You know, Those People use all kinds of programming languages! Best avoid C and Python and assembler, to be on the safe side!

Children.
>>
>>6738852
>No Haven's "Success"-System sort of inspired me.
While we are at it, I must mention I detest RNG based gameplay where you must always roll average at least and if you roll like 1 of 6 on dice your balls explode. Only thing this promotes is a savescumming and that should stay in past.
>>
>>6738868
That is exactly why I personally don't intend this to affect gameplay. It should just be a little sentence or two for you to read and it's entirely up to you to decide what to do with it. It would probably make more sense if my first example would maybe lower your reputation by a really small amount, but my idea was to give the player more reason to punish or reward a slave, without making you feel like an irrational idiot or forcing it to be an event.
>>
>>6738862
I am personally all for developing a new programming language that's inherently racist, sexist, and generally as discriminatory as possible.
Then we'd be safe from them when using that.
Base it on C and name it Cis.
>>
>>6738871
Well you can think up tons custom events but writing and integrating those takes plenty of time and generally pure flavor.
>>
>>6738862
>Those People use all kinds of programming languages
Somehow I highly doubt that.
>>
>>6738876
>>6738862
>>6738827
I think it's very characteristic of this entire debacle that I can't tell which side you're talking about.
>>
>>6738880
I don't get what there is to be confused about.
Everything seems pretty clear to me.
>>
>>6738876
Why not C Doubleplus?
>>
>>6738877
The problem I have with the event-system, is that it semi forces itself onto you.
All of a sudden there's an entire screen, telling you what has happened and presenting you straight forward what options you could take.
Skipping events always feels kind of awkward. At least for me. And you'll always have these ~4 options with such events, which takes away from the sandbox-y style the game has.
I should be the one to declare which steps to take, and it should not be my PA presenting me options. Either way this is just my idea, and my opinion. And if there's no interest, FCDev can still do whatever he wants and just not do it. Which is also fine.
>>
>>6738882
Like, who are "those people"? Quin and her supporters or the GGs? They are both unpleasant (insufferable, really) in different ways. They are also both moralizing scolds.

It's a tornado by shit, for shit, of shit.
>>
>>6738886
Well put.
>>
>>6738886
>>6738887
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>6738884
C++ also exists and that name is hardly discriminatory.
You could also name it Cxy or so though.

>>6738886
I'd rather assign the "moralizing scolds" label to Quinn and her people.
I haven't seen a lot of moralising coming from GG, but then again I tend to stay away from all of that, since I am more of a "live and let live" kind of guy.
If you follow the whole conversation it is all very clear though, so I still don't see how you can be confused in the first place.
>>
>>6738876
I'd learn it. Just so I could sneer down on the little people.

>>6738885
>I should be the one to declare which steps to take, and it should not be my PA presenting me options.
That's the entire game outside events. The architecture can't deal with events interacting with your reactions to said events &c in a sandbox way. There'd be literally no gameplay impact of having that type of event.
>>
>>6738891
I think their difference is only concerning their degree of self-awareneess (of being moralizing scolds). But either way, we shouldn't discuss this, because it might attract autists and end up shitting our thread.
>>
>>6738891
>I still don't see how you can be confused in the first place.
By wanting to be, so you can badmouth someone you don't like. It's really quite easily done.
>>
>>6738891
It was a 1984 joke. In reference to stupid shit like atheism+

Though if you want a properly triggering C-derived programming language there's always Casanova...
>>
>>6738897
>The architecture can't deal with events interacting with your reactions to said events &c in a sandbox way. There'd be literally no gameplay impact of having that type of event.
And that is exactly why this wouldn't be an event, but a short note on your weekly summary.
By itself, it's just flavour like the news feed under your arcology's description in the main menu, and the player'd decide for themselves if they react to it, or just ignore it if they can't be bothered.
>>
Anyone got the freshest TitS?
>>
>>6738852
>without awkwardly clicking away an event.
You could have convenient "Do X/Do Y" options appear on the summary page, sort of like the subsidize reputation option.
>>
>>6738886
GG's cool, bro.
>>
>>6738934
That would be a way to do it, but it would have the same problem the events have. It's no longer about your own fantasy, but making you choose one of several options.
And I personally can't imagine it to look nice.
>>
>>6738953
Guess not, but I think most people (myself included) are far too spoiled to leave punishment entirely up to their own imagination with no feedback from the game.
>>
>>6738953
>but making you choose one of several options.
But your system doesn't make you choose one of several options?

Current system:
Grill does bad thing.
Punish her in one of the ways provided by the game, ignore, or possibly reward her.

Your system:
Grill does bad thing.
Punish her in one of the ways provided by the game, ignore, or possibly reward her.

It's an interface change.
>>
>>6739005
Events usually only give you about 3 different responses + skip. I'm guessing he wants his suggestion to be completely sandbox, with the message giving you a fluff excuse to do stuff.
>>
>>6739034
That's exactly what I ment. I am sorry for phrasing it badly. You know, I no engrish.
But an 'excuse' is probably the perfect way to put it.
>>
Bedlam is doing stuff on no haven if any of you are interested
https://picarto.tv/bedlamgames
>>
>>6739107
>livestreaming coding
Can't tell if praiseworthy community engagement or massive narcissism...
>>
>>6738296
>how do i actually get this running
>ntleas gives me a bunch of moonrunes when i run the exe
>and i have no idea what to google since i cant find anything
Step 0 of the guide last thread regarding RPGMaker games and people still can't read it.

I honestly wonder if FC is so popular in this thread only because it runs on any browser instead of having to install anything the way windows PCs have worked since the 90s (and if the hate for RAGS isn't really that the program sucks outside of bedlam's bizarro vodoo magic as much as having to do any kind of installation steps whatsoever).
Get off my lawn, whippersnappers and learn basic Google and Windows 101 (+ reading actual threads)
>>
File: 47676767_p0.png (1MB, 1304x768px) Image search: [Google]
47676767_p0.png
1MB, 1304x768px
>>6739116
>Can't tell if praiseworthy community engagement or massive narcissism...
Por qué no los dos?
>>
>>6739116
I like it, I don't undertsand coding but the music is nice and the atmosphere is comfy enough
>>
File: 4651365492.jpg (415KB, 1000x1536px) Image search: [Google]
4651365492.jpg
415KB, 1000x1536px
Dear FC Dev, will there ever be the option for "custom" names (i.e. a text box option) for slaves, either all or the starting? Could also work where worshipful slaves can be renamed, or try to reject the names similar to nicknames.

Otherwise, fucking wonderful game.
>>
>>6739132
all slaves can be renamed man, look at the description settings for your slaves
>>
>>6739135
Holy fuck
>>
>>6739132
>>6739135
>>6739136
I still wish you could rename custom slaves at the beginning, without the "rename" flag/comparison being triggered.
>>
Cheat engine and RAGS/No Haven. Anyone had any luck?
>>
>>6739167
The address changes every time the value does, so it's effectively impossible.
>>
>>6739152
"has been renamed"*
>>
Well, I don't know what you guys are doing, but I already renamed Free Cities' positive bitchy trait into Tsundere.
>>
>>6739214
i-it's not like i want you to rape me, b-b-baka

i just have an itch down there, okay?
>>
File: 54658261_p0_master1200.jpg (411KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
54658261_p0_master1200.jpg
411KB, 848x1200px
>>6739214
>Tsundere.
>Positive
>There is a difference between a tsundere and a bitch
I am not saying I find it impossible to prove that there is a difference but honestly as far I have been able to tell it's a Po-tay-to/Po-tah-to situation.

They are still being the female equivalents of douchebags, but it's ok because they fell in love with the anime Gary Stu?
>>
>>6738891

I'm an anon who supports Quinn, hates GG and FC is my favorite Twine game ever. You can get off on torturing fake women without wanting to torture a real one.
>>
>>6739263
Let's not go there. This will only derail the thread into oblivion.
But you are fucking retarded anyway.
>>
>>6739263
Just go back to tumblr, faggot.
>>
>>6739231
refer to >>6739227
>>
>>6739263
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>6739263
>You can get off on torturing fake women without wanting to torture a real one.
So why don't you support GG again given that would basically be their stance?
And support the opposing faction harrassing and doxxing those who dissent with them and who insist on making anything and everything about "feminism" and "social justice" (or rather extremely warped interpretations of it being used as a shield against criticism of shady journalism).

You are aware Gawker is one of the most arduent opposers to GG because it actually wants to raise "gaming" journalism to actual journalistic standards instead of it being marketing PR-fests disguised as "journalism".

How you'd warp this to be about "wanting to torture real women" is just beyond me.
>>
>>6739231
I actually like the ones who are just a bit rude, huffy and insecure. Unfortunately, "tsundere" in modern anime has come to mean "horrid violent ultrabitch, but it's okay because she sometimes smiles and blushes before she inevitably starts kicking you again".

Damn shame.
>>
File: 54658261_p3_master1200.jpg (271KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
54658261_p3_master1200.jpg
271KB, 848x1200px
>>6739269
"I was a bitch to you for several weeks but now that I have realised you are an actual human being, it's ok, it's not like that matters anyway aslong as I passive-agrressively ask for forgiveness"
Actually, no, I'll just grab the girl that wasn't being a bitch/"tsundere"

The tsundere can go into the arcade and see how far that attitude takes her.
>>
Copied from the bottom of the last thread:

>>6737843
> Beneficial quirks: confident, cutting, funny, fitness fanatic, high self esteem, sinful, advocate for slavery, gagfuck queen, painal queen, strugglefuck queen, adores men, adores women, tease, romantic, daring, and caring.

How does Nymphomania interact with these (if at all)?

My main 'problem' with Nympho to this point is that it's the mechanically best option but makes slaves very generic and boring.

If you could have, say, a Nymphomaniac who is also a Gagfuck Queen (meaning she is so well-trained she's the perfect sex slave, but she gets off above and beyond while sucking cock, I guess?) that might let you kind of have the best of both worlds?
>>
File: 54658261_p2_master1200.jpg (698KB, 1200x896px) Image search: [Google]
54658261_p2_master1200.jpg
698KB, 1200x896px
>>6739276
Even if that were the case that wouldn't mean that the "positive" equivalent to a bitch would be a tsundere by your definition (instead of the more commonly accepted one).
Either way it's a very silly idea.
>>
>>6739290
Meh, I can kind of see it. She goes from a bitch to "still abrasive, but nice deep down".

I don't know how whatever the quirk is actually called makes them behave in FC, however.
>>
>>6739275
The best thing is Kotaku being essentially blacklisted by some AAA companies because they can't keep up with basic journalistic standards.
>>
>>6739231
The modern connotation for tsundere has changed its meaning. Originally it was just a character that transitioned from tsun (rude, violent) to dere (happy, loving)
Modern tsundere really don't even fit the original definition.
>>
>>6739116
Can it be both :D

(More seriously holy hell does it work as an excellent get shit done self-motivator and fixing bugs when people call them out in the chat right there and then is pretty satisfying)
>>
>>6739270
>>6739265
>>6739267
>>6739275
>see the wild anons in their natural environment, helpless to resist the smell of fresh bait.

I'm just glad he didn't capitalize on it to shit up this thread as bad as the last one.
>>
>>6739323
He was probably serious.
There is people that retarded after all.
>>
>>6739231
>bad tsundere is all tsundere
I will admit that it's rarely any good but there are a few examples of it being done well
>>
File: 1453919844586.gif (92KB, 655x415px) Image search: [Google]
1453919844586.gif
92KB, 655x415px
>>6739323
>I was just pretending to be an idiot
The old adage holds true, "ironic" shitposting is still just shitposting
>>
>>6739325
So the anti rape game sjw just lurked in /dgg/ till the perfect time to say his piece.
>>
>>6739329
And the people responding to ironic shitposting are just as bad. [spoiler]and responding to the response of someone responding to ironic shitposting is even worse. Fug[/spoiler]
>>
File: 54658261_p6_master1200.jpg (470KB, 1200x989px) Image search: [Google]
54658261_p6_master1200.jpg
470KB, 1200x989px
>>6739327
>I will admit that it's rarely any good but there are a few examples of it being done well
Citation Needed

And besides what my point is.
My point that the girl having the hots for the main character (and hence realizing she needs to tone down her abrasiveness if she wants to date him) doesn't make her any less of a bitch.
>>
File: 1453919774776.gif (26KB, 655x415px) Image search: [Google]
1453919774776.gif
26KB, 655x415px
>>6739336
>And the people responding to ironic shitposting are just as bad. [spoiler]and responding to the response of someone responding to ironic shitposting is even worse. Fug[/spoiler]
>spoilering on a Yotsuba style board
Cute.

Also, I am contributing pics to the thread.

What's your excuse?
>>
>>6739332
>reading comprehension: 0
>>
>>6739338
>>6739329
>This game will never be translated
On that note
>X game will never be translated
>>
>>6739337
>citation needed
I thought kurisu from steins;gate was done well.
>>
>>6739343
Pretty sure it doesn't exist.
>>
In FC what flaw turns into what quirk?
>>
>>6739342
??? Also if we're getting gramatical up in here "there is" should be "there are"
>>
>>6739152
I personally want to name my brothel, but FCdev isn't humouring me.
>>
>>6739344
She was a tsundere? Her attitude was more or less fitting considering the guy was a delusional weirdo.
>>
>>6739349
Been meaning to request the ability to name your facilities.
>>
>>6739337
Holo was arguably a tsundere and was done well, disregarding the obnoxiously slow romance.
>>
>>6739349
I really liked what they did with Into the Badlands and calling brothels dollhouses.

My arcology's brothel would totally be the Dollhouse.
>>
>>6739348
Doesn't really change the fact that your reading comprehension is lacking.
Since I was saying that people can be that retarded, it's not necessary for him to see a discrepancy in playing FC and thinking that Quinn cunt and her followers are right.

Also "there is people" is what you might consider a regiolect.
>>
File: 23439839_p0.jpg (748KB, 1000x1402px) Image search: [Google]
23439839_p0.jpg
748KB, 1000x1402px
>>6739344
>I thought kurisu from steins;gate was done well.
The real point however hinges on if you consider "tsundere" to just be a positive spin on "bitch".

My argument is that a bitch is a bitch is a bitch. If Kurisu is just not mincing her words but otherwise being on point (or it's part general banter amongst the group, which is just unusual for women in Japan), then she's not a bitch. If you believe she just likes to take a piss on people for fun/for the heck of it/"if I bully others into submission they won't hurt me" (e.g. Asuka from Evangelion, at least her original series incarnation) then I argue that the "dere" moments are pretty much besides the point.

People go to extreme lengths to justify tsundere archetypes in anime fandom even in cases where it's pretty clear that "tsun" part is downright sadistic.
>>
>>6739347
I'm lazy.

arrogant>confident
bitchy>cutting
odd>funny
gluttonous>fitness
anorexic>high self esteem
devout>sinful
liberated>advocate
hates oral>gagfuck queen
hates anal>painal queen
hates penetration>strugglefuck queen
hates men>adores women
hates women>adores men
shamefast>tease
idealistic>romantic
repressed>daring
apathetic>caring

I wonder if it would've taken my less time by manually typing this then using find/replace to remove the code bits.
>>
>>6739343
>will never be translated
It needs to exist before it can be translated, anon.
>>
>>6739338
Whether there are spoilers is not causally related to the default board style. For example /r9k/ defaults to Yotsuba A but nevertheless has spoilers.
>>
>>6739369
It's definitely an argument over semantics. Your definition of tsundere is pretty much what I consider to be bad tsundere so obviously by your definition tsundere couldn't possibly be done well.
>>
File: 54658261_p5_master1200.jpg (625KB, 1117x1200px) Image search: [Google]
54658261_p5_master1200.jpg
625KB, 1117x1200px
>>6739354
>Holo was arguably a tsundere and was done well,
Personally I find that a hard sell unless that you consider that any woman (and in this case a literal deity) acting coy is a "tsundere" which just doesn't really hold up to scrutiny given that isn't really the examples people quote when talking about tsundere characters.
>>
>>6739338
I just ain't used to posting on boards that don't have them
>>
File: 1439292004296.jpg (129KB, 1050x768px) Image search: [Google]
1439292004296.jpg
129KB, 1050x768px
>>6739382
>bad tsundere
Doesn't really exist. Either it's a tsundere or it isn't, anything else is cherrypicking.
It's like arguing about "good and bad yandere" and "good and bad kuudere".

Either she is a tsundere or she isn't.
Either she is abrasive/bitchy/sadistic/etc in "normal mode" (which people just rebrand as "tsun") meaning 90% of the time in public or she isn't.
If she ocassionally speaks her mind/doesn't take bullshit but otherwise doesn't act like she has a 9-inch dildo up her ass that doesn't make her a tsundere.

>by your definition tsundere couldn't possibly be done well.
Again, there is no "done well" or not. Tsundere doesn't have any inherent positive properties. I'd argue it's either neutral or if anything should be regarded negatively.
I'd argue the proper translation is "two-faced" the way people explaining the way tsundere is supposed to work but given who they use as example "bitchy" just ends up being the mildest way to define that character archetype (again, going by how they act in public 90% of the time)

You say that this perception is flawed but don't really explain why it is flawed instead just citing outliers maybe/possibly/if you look cross-eyed "could be argued to be tsundere"
>>
File: 1453941776911.gif (82KB, 655x415px) Image search: [Google]
1453941776911.gif
82KB, 655x415px
>>6739384
>I just ain't used to posting on boards that don't have them
You obviously haven't been on /d/ long enough then.

Also, as multiple people have mentioned these are just mock-ups made by pixiv artists of how they wish hentai RPGs would display stat changes/erotic equipment
>>
>>6739392
>which people just rebrand as "tsun"
Oh, I see what the problem is: You have no idea what you're talking about. Try learning a little bit about Japanese.
Also, your entire argument is literally
>There's no such thing as a "good" or "well-written" character. There's just characters.
>>
>>6739383
She pushed far past coy quite a few times, even admitting herself that she took it a bit far. Also, her repeated refusal to accept her own feelings points towards her being tsundere. She's probably not the best example of a tsundere, but I would say that she is an example that a tsundere could be done well.
>>
>>6739392
>there is no good or bad coffee just coffee
>starbucks is bad so coffee is bad
>my definition is law
>>
>>6739392
>Either she is a tsundere or she isn't.
>Either she is abrasive/bitchy/sadistic/etc in "normal mode" (which people just rebrand as "tsun") meaning 90% of the time in public or she isn't.
>If she ocassionally speaks her mind/doesn't take bullshit but otherwise doesn't act like she has a 9-inch dildo up her ass that doesn't make her a tsundere.
>There's literally nothing between 10% and 90%.
>>
>>6739383
That's literally what tsundere is supposed to mean. Someone whose too shy/childish to admit they have a crush and is playing hard to get.

The fact it gets used to talk about every slapstick series that has the protagonist get beaten up for perving on girls or every bitchy female character is the term getting appropriated for something else. Asuka from Eva isn't tsundere for example, she isn't dere. Mostly she's just unhinged.
>>
File: 1439717007785.jpg (230KB, 853x700px) Image search: [Google]
1439717007785.jpg
230KB, 853x700px
>>6739398
>Try learning a little bit about Japanese.
あんたアホか?

>愛想 が無く 、とりすまし ている様子 、 態度
>尖っているさま
>物をつつく 様子 を表す 言葉

>There's no such thing as a "good" or "well-written" character.
"Well-written" and "good" are not synonymous words.

Again, feel free to make a case about how "yandere" can be good characters or "kuudere" are somehow malevolent characters.

>>6739404
>comparing physical, tangible goods to literary archetypes
Again, あんたアホか?
>>
>>6739424
see >>6739423
>>
>>6739424
Sorry, I appear to have been mistaken. Your problem isn't with Japanese, it's with English. Good ≠ morally good.
Seriously, is this what the entire argument is stemming from? You being too stupid to understand colloquialisms?
When someone says a character is good, they are saying that the character is well-written. No one here was trying to place tsundere characters on a moral compass.
>>
File: 1439503298354.jpg (196KB, 1200x933px) Image search: [Google]
1439503298354.jpg
196KB, 1200x933px
>>6739423
>That's literally what tsundere is supposed to mean
My point is that this is not how the word is used though.

>The fact it gets used to talk about every slapstick series that has the protagonist get beaten up for perving on girls or every bitchy female character is the term getting appropriated for something else
Except (the English) language isn't prescriptivist but descriptivist (even more so on the internet).
If people use your latter defition to define what a tsundere is then I'm sorry, that's what the word means.

That's really all there is to it.

Either way this has derailed waaay beyond my point which was regarding to this post >>6739214 arguing that
>I already renamed Free Cities' positive bitchy trait into Tsundere.

Which I'd think most people here would agree with.

Regardless on your definition, the positive variant of "bitchy" is not "Tsundere" (either because you don't consider tsundere positive or because you don't consider it to be bitchy, in both cases that just ain't right)
>>
File: 1439503461208.jpg (46KB, 570x487px) Image search: [Google]
1439503461208.jpg
46KB, 570x487px
>>6739428
>Seriously, is this what the entire argument is stemming from?
No, my argument is summarized in >>6739431

If it quacks like a duck...

>"but you don't know what it means in Japanese"
Says the person illiterate in Japanese themselves (after claiming that "but that's the Japanese definition") and moves on to
>"You don't know English"
Somehow missing the point about just because you want to prescribe how the word is to be used (which is also not how it's even used in the original language and neither is in English) it somehow makes your definition more right because... why exactly?

>Good ≠ morally good.
Good and bad are not unabigious words in the English language. And most posts here seemed to imply "but she's a good tsundere"... so let me humor your logic then; there can be no well-written tsundere that aren't morally bankrupt sadists, then? And if so, what does the archetype of tsundere (the way people actually use it) apply to in most cases?

Loudmouth goody-two-shoes? Morally neutral passive-agressive girls? Or abrassive and sometimes borderline neurotic girls who just happen to still have enough common sense to know when to knock it off if they want to seduce a guy and keep them beyond the first date?
>>
>>6739431
People using a term wrong doesn't mean you should automatically accept that as what a term actually means.
Do you have any idea what the consequences of that would be? There is a reason we distinguish between how a term is used and what it actually means, aka colloquial and formal use.
If you wouldn't make that distinction, a lot of terms would become so vague you couldn't possibly use them in a scientific/scholarly environment anymore.
And there is no good reason for why you should just accept people using a term the wrong way instead of telling them it's not what it means. If you just accept it, the result would be arbitrariness.
>>
>>6739329
Is that pic a thing?
>>
>>6739448
Nah.
>>
>>6739459
damn, saw that coming
>>
>>6739445
And because you are the only here defending your definition and everyone else tells you that's not it, you are part of the majority knowing what that term actually means?
You are just too stubborn to even consider that you could potentially be wrong.
>>
>>6739445
Fucking hell, I quit. I really hope that this was all bait, because if so, you're a goddamn master. If not, you need to seriously reconsider the way that you formulate arguments.
>>
File: 1440976468385.jpg (59KB, 450x620px) Image search: [Google]
1440976468385.jpg
59KB, 450x620px
>>6739446
>People using a term wrong doesn't mean you should automatically accept that as what a term actually means.
In the English language, that literally is how people define what words are supposed to mean, regardless on what "expert opinions" may say.

>Do you have any idea what the consequences of that would be?
You mean the way words like "gay", "awful", "egregious" or in the case of more recent internet culture "meme" (vs image macro), "googling" (vs searching), "shopping" (vs photoeditting) have shifted meanings?
That's a normal phenomenon in lanaguge and is called semantic change:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantic_change

>There is a reason we distinguish between how a term is used and what it actually means, aka colloquial and formal use.
No, it's the difference between actual descriptivist use and outdated prescriptivist use the way people insist on "literally" not being allowed to be used for hyperbole despite it having examples of said use dating back to the 19th century.

>If you wouldn't make that distinction, a lot of terms would become so vague you couldn't possibly use them in a scientific/scholarly environment anymore.
Except fans of a certain genre of animation made in Japan aren't exactly rocket scientist last I checked (though surely some rocket scientist might also be fans of anime).

>If you just accept it, the result would be arbitrariness.
Or it would mean the meaning of the word has changed before you realized it.

If you can show me it being used more often by your definition, by all means, it's not that I particularly care, but otherwise you are just wrong by pretty much any linguistic metric.

And this is brushing aside the topic of if tsundere is truly as "untranslatable" as anime fans claim it is which I honestly disagree with (regardless on which definition you prefer)
>>
>>6739485
You don't even realise how much bullshit you are spouting, do you?
But everyone but you just has to be wrong.
I really hope you are not working in a scientific environment.
>>
>>6739485
Want to know what pisses me off the most about your argument? You're assuming that you're correct and refusing to acknowledge anything that conflicts with your preexisting notion.
>>
File: nevermind.jpg (53KB, 300x562px) Image search: [Google]
nevermind.jpg
53KB, 300x562px
>>6739485
>Except fans of a certain genre of animation made in Japan aren't exactly rocket scientist last I checked

>(though surely some rocket scientist might also be fans of anime).

Damn you for covering your ass.
>>
Shut the fuck up, faggots.
>>
>>6739485
You're literally arguing against specificity. You're so far up your own ass I'm surprised you haven't suffocated yet.
>>
Anyone has the 20 dollar patreon password?
>>
>>6739485
>the meaning of tsundere has become more diluted
>so all tsunderes ever are now shit
Fuck you.
>>
>>6739513
I can get it for you, but it'll cost you $25.
>>
>>6739485
In an argument about the meaning of a word, dictionary definition is the only fair way of doing things(that's actually why dictionaries exist.) "Evolution of language" is not an inherently flawed argument, but it doesn't hold any water if you're using it to tell someone they're using a word wrong, because the basis of the point is that the meaning each words is a little subjective.
>>
>>6739539
What a steal.
>>
File: Mirror Match Easy Mode.jpg (288KB, 1022x802px) Image search: [Google]
Mirror Match Easy Mode.jpg
288KB, 1022x802px
CoC got an actual ending.
It's buggy as fuck in some parts but it does the job.
Why didn't you tell me /d/? Goddammit.
>>
>>6739714
You were told. Two threads ago, in fact. >>6734946
>>
File: 1307411740191.jpg (584KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1307411740191.jpg
584KB, 1024x768px
>>6739555
I am not him, and I actually don't agree with him concerning all tsundere being bad (I also think this assertion is inconsistent with his argument, he's trying to canonise a use of the term), nevertheless, dictionaries are basically useless. Your intention in any exchange of language should be to communicate a particular sense you are thinking of with the use of lingustic signs. This means you need to somehow get someone else to think a particular concept based on the language you are using, which means they should grasp the particular semantic association (association between term and concept) you have in your head. A dictionary logs popular semantic associations, but might not log, or might not log with the necessary priority the one you have in your mind. Therefore, using a dictionary instead of considering the sense the word is used in in the particular circle you are discussing in or asking the particular person you are discussing with to clarify the sense they use it in, might be counter-productive, it might inhibit discussion rather than facilitate it.

Also, there are no "right" and "wrong" ways to use a term. That would imply there are right and wrong associations of terms and meanings, and we know of no abstract rule, nor any property of concepts or terms which would account for something like this. There might be more or less useful ways to use language, that is there might be some associations between terminology and meaning which might be more popular and thus easier to anticipate by your interlocutor, but that's the most you can say.

If I use the term "tsundere" to mean the concept of lemon, and the term "lemon" to mean the concept of tsundere, this would be a "shit nigger what the hell are you doing" case and it would not facilitate understanding, but it would not strictly be wrong, in the sense that the statement 1+2=43 is false.

Basically, the connection between terms and meanings is historically contingent, intrinsically arbitrary.
>>
>>6739448
No, but there are games that somewhat have that level of depth.
>>
>>6737952
Looks like overwrite code?

Updated to 0.6.4
mega nz/#!esQjxboR!YWqBrdYc8UXK2nhr01OB-LtasLQf5SEF7Y6p1bX2vVA
- New careers (one is sci-fi but given recent research will likely be achieved by when the game is)
- Tweaks to Latina
- Casino winning randomised
- Added hairless as a pubic option and added it to the lab raid prize
- New event with a way of getting another Acrology owner as a slave (event will be tweaked so this is only a chance)
- Pulled Acrology owner origin intro due to coding issues (Code: http://pastebin.com/VfNApy23 )
- Includes Identical twins event from /hgg/
>>
>Also, Twine is a favorite platform among some tribe of moralizing scolds, apparently?
What did he mean by this?

>medieval Arabia, ... been requested for a while
Is this true? I've seen a lot more interest in Mesopotamia, both medieval and bronze age. It's hard to imagine someone wanting to revive Arabia at any time.
>>
>>6739897
>- Includes Identical twins event from /hgg/

/hgg/ became interested in FC? I thought they didn't like it.
>>
>>6738890
There was a controversy a while back where some chick who made a game fucked a journalist, which was amusing news to most folks but them some got super mad that anyone would laugh at a strong independent woman whose personal life should not reflect on her career, and others got mad because it's unethical for a journalist to fuck a dev and then not recuse himself, and the SJW side started harassing people and calling everyone they disagreed with harassers while the journalists turned out to be doing some kinda shady shit. The people complaining about ethics, meanwhile, committed the gravest sin of all by becoming sanctimonious hacktivist fucks and being a total nuisance everywhere they go.
>>
>>6739846
If your intention should be to communicate properly, being as specific as possible should be your priority and thus agreeing upon one definition is to be preferred, which is exactly what dictionaries help with.
Introducing arbitrariness into it by diluting the meaning of words is completely counterproductive to that and will inevitably cause misunderstandings.
I'd also argue that discussions of semantics are far less desirably or meaningful than properly communicating ideas in a clear, understandable fashion.
And while the possibility of arguing or discussion semantics at times may have its merits, it complicates the more valuable exchange of ideas and is thus usually more detrimental than beneficial. Especially when diverting from the original topic and leading from one semantic discussion to the next.
There is a reason why philosophers usually employ rather complex language and very clearly define terms, which may be even a little unclear.

There clearly are right and wrong ways to use a term. Your very next paragraph includes such a wrong way to use a term.
It's not just that lemon has a very clear definition, it's also universally understood as such, so in no way can it be called right to call something else a lemon nobody but you would ever associate with that word.
That is arguing for complete and absolute arbitrariness of language, making any definition obsolete, any word devoid of all meaning and ultimately communication through language impossible and thus rendering language absolutely pointless.
We can only allow a certain level of arbitrariness in a language to be able to still use it for what a language's purpose is.

And as an aside: As a mathematician, I have to say that your example is as bad as it gets.
Whether 1 + 2 = 43 is right or wrong completely relies on your definition of 1, 2, 43 and +.
Even when you take 1, 2 and 43 out of this and simply assign their usual definition (which is sensible), I can very easily define
+: x + y |-> 43
>>
File: 1375665554957.jpg (145KB, 587x800px) Image search: [Google]
1375665554957.jpg
145KB, 587x800px
Hey /d/, how interested would you be in a slave-raising game where you played as monsters (Lamia, Spidergirl, Orc, and etc) with human slaves?
>>
>>6739900
>implying mesopotamia and arabia aren't the same
>>
>>6739909
>others got mad because it's unethical for a journalist to fuck a dev and then not recuse himself

Fun stuff: That particular journalist she fucked didn't actually review her "game". It was just some random smuck.
>>
>>6739902
Pretty much included the only legal code they've come up with in my mod, there's only a few of them on /hgg/ and one of them raided my pastebin.

Their hiding because their ignoring FCDev's wishes. Happened to be the first thread I found for FC and I bailed pretty fast once I saw their mods (also in the UK)

>>6739915
Hell yes, just don't forget to include male lamia's TT_TT
>>
>>6739909
As if the other side wouldn't be just as obnoxious and as much of a nuisance everywhere they go, trying to inject their ideology into every game there is and whining to supranational organizations about games being oh so evil.
>>
>>6739922
As long as they keep it to sites that only cucks and women go to anyway, who cares?
>>
>>6739923
They literally convinced the UN to try to get Japan to stop making H-games.
Japan told them to fuck off because the UN is a joke, but still.
>>
>>6739920
Not a problem. Things like male Lamias and female Orcs are up my alley also.
>>
>>6739920
>Their
They're*
And really? I just checked and didn't notice any mention of FC in the past three threads.
>>
>>6739926
Courtesy of Skyrim and WoW fanart, female orcs are up mine as well...
>>
>>6739930
They pilfered another thread, resource something or other. I haven't checked for it in a while.
>>
>>6739930
Also it's silly o'clock here, leave my late night grammar alone :P
>>
What kind of game mechanics would you put in a game where you play the slave?
I was thinking in a dungeon crawl/roguelike setting you could be sent to open trapped chests or be used as a distraction.
>>
>>6739913
I managed to accidentally my response. The shorta short of it:

Nothing I said has anything to do with specificity. If I use the term "lemon" to mean the concept of chicken, the association (between the idea I want to communicate and the term I use to do so) I have in mind is very specific, however it's unpopular in every circle and hence doesn't facilitate the communication of the concept chicken in those circles.

This is why using this term to communicate this concept isn't useful (pragmatically, to achieve this stated purpose I use it for). But there is no logical inconsistency inherent in using unpopular associations of terms and concepts

This is a description of the actually contingent character of language, and it is exactly this recognition which establishes the pragmatic usefulness of clear intra-text definitions when using unpopular terms or unpopular associations of terms and concepts, or revising popular associations. It is also the understanding which shows why arguing about semantics is, as you say, useless. Since there are no intrinsically true associations of terms and concepts (as there are true associations between concepts), there is no point (beyond historical interest) in discussing semantics rather than to proceed from clarification to discussing the conceptual content of a statement once that was properly communicated. I.e. we need to agree what each of us means when using language, then discuss that meaning, rather than get caught up into an impossible and useless debate of what we should mean (rather than what we do mean) with each word. I think it's a stretch to say the least that this makes communication through language impossible

>Whether 1 + 2 = 43 is right or wrong completely relies on your definition of 1, 2, 43 and +

In the philosophy of language, you use quotation marks when talking about a term and don't when talking about a concept. 1+1=2 is an analytically true judgment, regardless of the terms you might state it in.
>>
>>6739915
Shit yeah. Especially if you can render them cattle or with a lot of effort corrupt or mutate them into more monsters like so many good h-manga.
>>
>>6739933
You talk too much
>>
So regarding fantasy themed 'slave sim' about life of a mage where you use girls to acquire mana and then use that mana to acquire girls.. I made a 'proof of concept' version, which does not really have that much but should give a good idea how things gonna work.

So far it has:
- Basic slave/prisoner management and interactions
- 1 main quest for mage guild
- Slaver guild to buy/sell already tamed girls
- Laboratory and items for nearly full alteration with no consequences
- 1 small area to travel where you can capture girls
- Basic spell system
Needless to say, nearly all text should be treated as a placeholder. I'm not a native english speaker and I also looking for someone who would proofread my chicken scratches. Maybe even a writer/russian to english translator, which is pretty unlikely, but who knows. Critique and suggestions are welcome.

mega.nz/#!gB8EQJhR!mXPQtMHuknrunpItGtbWIDYvnmsBydFzNSbrw1GZ2iE

I made a blog for easier feedback here: strivefopower.blogspot.com/
>>
>>6739920
>Their hiding because their ignoring FCDev's wishes.
On what?
>>
>>6740194
the only thing I know that FCDev doesn't want in FC is underage content.
I'm pretty sure he said he'd stop development is people modded it in.
This is the thing that is preventing me from modding in a creche of some kind for children born from your slaves.
>>
>>6740198
>I'm pretty sure he said he'd stop development is people modded it in.
Sounds like very easy spot for trolling.
>>
>>6740198
Ah. Fucking idiots.
>>
>>6740198
>>6740194

I suspect it's this too.

That strange feel when if it is that you want a link, but you don't want FC dev to find out.

FC Dev? More like FC Dad amirite?

(I actually started modding in underaged content once before I felt guilty and stopped. He's just so adorably sincere and non-obnoxious with his request.)
>>
>>6739897
>Looks like overwrite code?
*sad*

Either I'm going to have to learn to actually use this program or just give up.

>>6740201
>He's just so adorably sincere and non-obnoxious with his request.
The bit about not modding in a way to sponsor kids through school rather than damning them to sex slavery is kinda obnoxious. Still, yeah, not worth going against him on.
>>
>>6739915
if the moster is futa and and if you can turn the slaves into futas, hell yeah!
>>
>>6740191
Literally nobody cares?
>>
>>6740253
This is FC general in all but name, sorry.
>>
>>6740253
>>6740191

I looked at it. As a proof of concept it's nice, though your (admittedly placeholder) text is kind of hard to read. You'll definitely need a proofreader for widespread English popularity. Obviously a lot more work needs to be done on it, but I do like the potential. Odds are that lots of folks on 4chan will note that furries (beastfolk) exist and assume you'll just go full furry like so many devs before you.
>>
Anybody know of more fap roulette games like Journey Through Izildia and Normal Life in Rape City?
>>
>>6740256
It is somewhat a cross between FC and Jack (on how i see it at least) but then it has much more I try to include and goes in different direction, instead of managing basically city, you manage only small things and exploration will be major part of it. Than again it has magic/fantasy theme.

>>6740258
>so many devs before you.
Such as?
I don't really see myself doing it. You can also disable furries in setting and I think I may just go with completely customizable options on what you want and don't want, as long as there's bare minimum of art and key events.
And yes, indeed I'm in need of proofreader which is the main reason I decided to post.
>>
File: 1429464585722.jpg (220KB, 1000x1404px) Image search: [Google]
1429464585722.jpg
220KB, 1000x1404px
>>6740264
>Such as?

CoC and Breeding Season both went that way. I have a few suggestions for features, but you're at such an early junction I doubt what you need is ideas. Keep at it though, I'm interested to see where it goes. Do I need to complete the mage quest to get skills?
>>
>>6740266
I kinda thought breeding seasons was more furry since start? Although I admit, I didn't follow quite.

Spell purchase is unlocked after you join mage guild, or alternatively you can use debug button to unlock everything.

I'll make a list of planned/implemented features soon, so I can keep track of it and add more suggestions. Good chance is I already have some stuff in mind which gonna be suggested.
>>
>>6740268
Breeding season was 100% furry from the start.
>>
>>6740191
Looks good with potentials.

Will it have any TF stuff? No full furry stuff but you know, Tenticle monsters need love too.
>>
>>6740285
It will absolutely have corruption thematic and race change. Tentacles will be there too (I have tentacle summoning semi-combat spell in mind), not sure what else you would mean by TF, but not gonna delve into angler fish girl territory.
>>
>tfw no ntr game where you play a futa stealing women left and right
>tfw interracial ntr has the perfect mix of submission and degradation of the woman, but it's filled with "muh superior negro dick" and the artist's latent homosexuality.

Also is there a keyword for ntr from the perspective of the taker? Sad monologues from the limp dicked mc are real boner killer.
>>
File: 48086700_p0.jpg (163KB, 797x619px) Image search: [Google]
48086700_p0.jpg
163KB, 797x619px
I was wondering if anyone would help me find 堕邪女神 Evil Goddess by 坑神newface

I happened across his game while cursing pixiv but everywhere I look seems to turn up dead ends and bad links. Best I can find is the last version the person issued was v1.08 at the end of April in 2015. His pixiv points to no websites and other sites that mention where he uploads looks like he has taken down everything. His blogspot only goes to 2014 and has no links of any version of the game. ulmf is also a huge pile of dead links.

Game is chinese, uses RPGMaker VXAce, and looks like it mainly themes clothing damage and rope bondage avatar changes. Including female enemies.
>>
>>6740300
I believe its netori. Also very few people like first handed used goods and only fetish I think it conveys, is a subjective dominance of other males, which is probably a reason for latent homosexuality as well.
>>
>>6740304
For me it's more about really owning the woman, and taking her away from someone else takes that to whole nother level. It's better when the husband is only mentioned, which is unfortunately rare in /aco/ material and nip stuff is usually too on/off switch with the corruption. But enough about my fetishes, have a futa milf.
>>
>>6740184
I stayed generic... Ish, I can at least appreciate the effort in the coding.

>>6740218
I'll look over all the code later, I just glanced earlier. Reason I said that is because the header is missing and thus it doesn't load FC (that said the current release has a few major issues that screw up perfectly good code).

> The bit about not modding in a way to sponsor kids through school rather than damning them to sex slavery is kinda obnoxious. Still, yeah, not worth going against him on.

I'm toying with adding a Your Daughter tag and coding a school in, literally no sexual content there though. It's just a cash sink concept and will result in a subpage where you manage your daughter's roles in the Acrology once they graduate (AKA turn 18). Again no sexual content there though, at least not involving you (I literally have no plans there, it's just a concept I'm toying with in my head). But that's for a lot further down the line when I know more javascript. Just an FYI though they'd be able to serve in non-sexual main content roles, like DJ and Bath Attendant though (yes that basically means a no-sexytimes harem of Daughter's washing your back event).
>>
>>6740275
Breeding season started out bestiality and became furry when rather ironically all the furries giving him money said they couldn't fap to beast.
>>
>>6740313
Seriously? A lot of those furries probably have OCs with a feral form... It's a pretty common thing.
>>
When will Free Cities Encyclopedia be updated? I need tips on new rooms.
>>
>>6740316
Well it's full on furry now. Also hilariously, the same 'trait' that turns furry monsters back into almost-beast again also turns the non-furry catgirl tier monsters fullblown furry as well.
Can't win.
>>
>>6740324
I play it, there's not a lot of the major projects I don't toy around with and to to be honest I still kind of prefer the original art style. The new(est) one is trying too hard.
>>
>>6740249
I'm actually working on a slave game with scriptable campaigns. One of the campaigns will feature you playing as a shemale vampire, where you must kidnap girls, and either consume them or transform them to bring you more slaves. The "normal" campaign will be just kidnapping girls and training them to be your slave while avoiding the cops.

Still in very early stages, I wouldn't want to release it unless it were in a playable state and so that may never happen.
>>
File: 3.jpg (624KB, 1200x1784px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
624KB, 1200x1784px
I created a new GUI and a bunch of bugfixes for MMW, let me know what you think! It should be much more clear now that the demo doesn't end inside your house, there's a fair bit more.

There's a link (with notes) on my blog.

jvmmw bl*gsp*t com
>>
>>6740345
That font is so glaringly out of place it makes me cringe.
>>
>>6740342
but we can transform the slaves into shemales too?

pls ;-;
>>
>>6740351
sorry, yeah, that's what I meant. :P Actually not sure if I want to make all vampires shemale or futa. Haven't totally thought it all through yet, but I want it to be very different from the main campaign, with much more of a vampire fantasy.

The idea is that if I design it for a few different campaign scripts, including some really strange and far out ones, then anybody should be able to use my game to make any sort of setting or theme they want.
>>
>>6740345
>avatar
triggered
>>
>>6740345
does it end when you click on "my immersion!" ?
>>
>>6740349
I'm still looking for a better font/color, it's in the notes. Thanks for the feedback!

>>6740363
Yea, that's the end for now. I made the engine it's running on myself, so a lot of work went into that.
>>
>>6740287
TF as in, TransFormation.
the use of spells or items to change the physical apperance of the girls, such as breast growth, height changes, skin color change, giving them dicks, or giving them tentacles.
>>
>>6740380
Its already there, except for tentacles. When I include and expand girl on girl interactions tentacles may be an interesting addition though.
>>
File: screen.jpg (245KB, 1316x658px) Image search: [Google]
screen.jpg
245KB, 1316x658px
>>6740385
Whoops, forgot the screenshot.
>>
>>6740386
Cool concept, but in the intro alone you should do things like type out "two", and
>Sentient beings is
should be
>Sentient beings are
At some point, just run your game's text through Word or something that notices grammar errors too.
>>
>>6740402
Will probably do, I still have some hope to find an actual proofreader. Autocorrection won't cut my incompetence.
>>
>>6739967
>1+1=2 is an analytically true judgment, regardless of the terms you might state it in.
I won't even go into the rest, because I don't see the point in it (still think you are as wrong as it gets), but this statement is simply false.
It relies heavily on a whole bunch of definitions to be true in the first place.
Just to make this as simple as possible:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GF(2)
>>
File: sad.jpg (108KB, 449x533px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
108KB, 449x533px
Hey, people, got a question about RAGS. In some games - though none of the ones from here - I have issues with gifs.

Some of the gifs and always the same ones tend to mess RAGS up for me - they start playing and then suddenly I get a popup with "System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+." in the log. Using latest stable (and the last one available for my old-as-fuck-OS I am currently forced to use because reasons) RAGS version.

Asking because /d/eviants here are somewhat more knowledgeable about RAGS than many other communities. Anyone can help?
>>
>>6740362
Why would you be? Player characters were and still often called avatars.
>>
File: df88538dbacaf8ebabe70b06ea74497c.jpg (497KB, 708x1000px) Image search: [Google]
df88538dbacaf8ebabe70b06ea74497c.jpg
497KB, 708x1000px
>>6740427
I mean, I'm stating what's basically a concensus view, but ok. Prescriptivism in lingustics has been ded since the 1920s or so.

1+1=2 is a textbook example of an analytic judgment that is necessarilly true in logical positivist / empiricist philosophy, hence why I chose to use it, since empiricist examples tend to be more popular with internet laypeople.

I could have used the example of an unmarried bachelor if you think that would be more appropriate. The concept of the predicate is entailed in the concept of the subject (the concept of bachelor is identical to the concept of unmarried), therefore it's analytically true (think of it as tautological) that a bachelor is unmarried.

Stating the same thing by replacing the term "bachelor" with the term "chicken" and the term "unmarried" with the term "lemon" would return the sentence a "chicken" is a "lemon". While the terms the judgment is stated in (its symbolic representation) are ridiculous, it remains true that the represented concepts entail one another and thus the judgment is true (by virtue of their conceptual entailment). A chicken is not a lemon, but a "chicken" (where "chicken" signifies [bachelor]) is a "lemon" (where "lemon" signifies [unmarried]) is true.

You might object that choosing to represent the concept of bachelor with the signifier "chicken" is batshit. Substantively what you can say is that as a matter of fact someone doing this will fail to communicate with others. But you can't say he's wrong, because what is truth-or-false-apt is the cognitive content of statements, not their symbolic representation.
>>
I have Mega link with a shitload (29) of Nighthawk's games. I can post them if anyone wants me to.
>>
>>6740444
I can say he is wrong and I do say he is wrong.
But I am really not going to engage you any further than this and you won't convince me either, as I just think all of that is simply a bunch of bullshit.
And as I just showed you 1 + 1 = 2 is not necessarily true at all. It is only necessarily true in very specific circumstances when all of the premises it requires are met.
They couldn't have chosen a worse example for something that is necessarily true in those textbooks.
>>
>>6740448
Don't recall the guy right now. Is he any good? Are the games any good? If so, I am sure no one will hate you for sharing, anon.
>>
>>6740456
>I can say he is wrong and I do say he is wrong.

Ok, in what sense is he wrong. When you say "you are wrong" what are you telling him?

>And as I just showed you 1 + 1 = 2 is not necessarily true at all.

You are objecting that 1+1=2 is true insofar as a certain meaning is attached to each of the signifiers. You are therefore objecting that the series of symbols "1" "+" "1" "=" "2" might not represent a true statement. This is true, but neither here nor there.
>>
>>6740461
>But I am really not going to engage you any further
>>
>>6740463
Ok, then.
>>
>>6740345
To be honest, I preferred the black background and white text. Are you planning to let players choose how the GUI looks, or is that not really doable?
>>
>>6739285
Nympho appears to stop quirks from generating fetishes altogether. Least it cuts down on the clutter of having a slave swap between their quirk fetishes every week because they can only have one at a time?
>>
File: RJ129346_img_main.jpg (226KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
RJ129346_img_main.jpg
226KB, 560x420px
>>6740460
>Is he any good?
I like his stuff, but I don't know enough to say whether or not it's "good". You probably know of him from his series "Stopping!!", it's kind of what put him on peoples' radar.
https://mega.nz/#F!vIwiDJyI!wOoO8748YHNNbZRD_8b5uA
I've seen games get added occasionally to this folder, which seems to indicate that it's being maintained by someone.
>>
>>6740362
You're right, it should have been translated as "toon".
>>
>>6740483
Ah, damn, you're right, now I recognize him. Yes, he's good though his common use of ugly guys taking big part of the "shot" in most of his animations disappoints me severely. Generally, too many japanese authors pull this crap. Why, do they think that anyone who's into their stuff is absolutely disgusting hambeast and cannot identify with any other type of character?
>>
>>6740474
I'm going to offer the choice to switch between the 3 if it doesn't present any problems with more complex interfaces like NPC shops.

Is there anything I could do to make the GUI version more pleasant, or is it beyond saving? D:

Really appreciate the feedback!
>>
>>6740486
Now THIS makes me cringe. And the sad thing is, in some MMO people use such retarded term for player characters.
>>
>>6740487
Well, he did make a two shota games. One where you fuck your mom, another where you're a trap.
>>
>>6740489
I prefer the term "digital representative".
>>
>>6740495
Right. Let's go for "virtualized alter ego" or "machine-simulated proxy identity" while we're at it.
>>
>>6739275
gg are basically shitposters IRL
them getting "doxxed" is bullshit faggotry
whole thing started with cuck bitching about ex
>>
>>6740488
It does not really fit into my 768 height resolution.
>>
>>6740488
Not him, but a small change that would improve things would be to set it to a sans-serif typeface. Currently it's just the browser's default, and every browser defaults to a serif typeface (Times New Roman on Windows).
>>
>>6740311
>Reason I said that is because the header is missing and thus it doesn't load FC (that said the current release has a few major issues that screw up perfectly good code).
Pretty sure the issue's my end. I fixed it once long ago, but can't remember how.
Maybe I'll be able to manually fix it by comparing it and the real FC file.
>>
>>6740410
Eh, I may do some for you if you tell me where and how best to do so.
>>
>>6740517
Anyhow you are comfortable with, I suspect google docs or pastabin would do. Got any means of contact? I would like to hear bit more about your options though. I also (presumably) added anonymous comments on the blog so you can contact me there.
>>
>>6740510
Oh, it should support resolutions 1024x768. I'll check it out!

>>6740511
Gotcha, will do!
>>
>>6740547
I use 1366x768.
>>
>>6740313

what the fuck...

you mean breeding season could have been good?

i want to punch a niggerfur
>>
>>6740557
Well, it's not horrible - not by stretch when compared to many other games funded by patreons and the like - but yeah, could be better.
>>
>>6740556
I mean to say "Oh, it should support resolutions 1024x768 and up. I'll check it out!"

I removed the minimum resolution entirely, it should look good on all of them except the ones below 700x700 if any device still has a resolution that low...
>>
>>6740557
Yes, it could have been. But furries ruined it like they ruin a lot of things by injecting their shitty fetish. There is a reason why people not into furry hate furries.

>>6740570
It's furry shit. So yes, it is quite horrible.
It's a porn game with bad porn.
>>
>>6739915
yes please
>>
>>6740624
B-but muh OBJECTIVELY good art!
>>
So I'm playing Free Cities and failing at it horribly with multiple questions and help needed. I know there's a built in help but is there any guides or tips and tricks/protips for it at all?
>>
>>6740656
Do you seriously want to claim furry is ever good?
>>
Does anyone else have an issue installing the English patch to Jack o Nine-tails? I'm overwriting all the files and installing the base game, but it's still in Russian.
>>
>>6740557
There are still a few of the original versions are out there somewhere, best place to search would be on furry sites like e621 since the game started out on a primarily furry forum. Just type the developer's name in the search bar, you'll probably find it. Bear in mind that the art wasn't anything special at any point in development. Dickwolves were just dogs, catgirls were just the player character with ears glued on, and demons were cookie monsters.
>>
>>6740751
No, I was referencing the shitposter that we had a couple of threads ago who was insisting that Breeding Season was OBJECTIVELY great.
>>
File: 20151122192423-f08545ac-me.jpg (107KB, 476x594px) Image search: [Google]
20151122192423-f08545ac-me.jpg
107KB, 476x594px
I want monster girls but I can't really find anything in the pastebin. Anything you bros can recommend?
>>
>>6740741
I don't think there are any. The game changes too quickly for written guides to make sense. Basically, if you don't do anything stupid and keep making money, there should be no problem. Everyone should be whoring at first. Buy slaves when they're cheap. Break them quickly with confinement, shock collars, aphrodisiacs, chastity belts, and shitty clothing. Once they're yellow, have them serve until they're accepting. When they're accepting, send them out to whore. If you want to get them whoring earlier, make sure they're terrified of you. Make money, leave a buffer for bad weather and emergencies, and carefully read the weekly summary to find any issues before they become problems.
>>
>>6740768
Oh, okay, don't remember that one. Maybe I wasn't there for it.
Just seemed like you were ridiculing the post you replied to.

If we weren't on 4chan I would be surprised by people claiming any fetish or art is objectively good.
I wouldn't even give a shit about furry, but their fandom is ridiculously obnoxious and tries to turn everything into furry, if they see a chance.
>>
>>6740766
>demons were cookie monsters.
the world needs more Muppets porn
>>
Are there any /d/ games with a lot of lactation content?
>>
>>6740789
CoC/TiTS has a moderate emphasis on the whole lactation fetish thing. Seems like almost every sex scene has an additional paragraph or two for for characters that are lactating.

Other than that, haven't seen any with a particularly large emphasis on lactation. It's mostly just an afterthought in most games.
>>
>>6740741
Don't try and make all your slaves like you. It takes so long, you'll lose out on tons of potential income.

Instead, only focus on VIP slaves liking you (head girl, body guard, facility leaders). Anyone else just needs to fear you -- or sometimes not even that -- to make you money.
>>
>>6739915
I had an idea for a game like this, where you play as the villain in a Dungeon Keeper sort of thing, and you corrupt and brainwash the heroines you capture. Lost track of it in the time it took to actually learn programming independently.
>>
>>6740429
RAGS is one of the buggiest and fragmented h-game engines in existence. Not a lot to be done.

The only thing I can suggeest is trying different versions of RAGS. The RAGS community is generally split into 2.4.0.0, 2.4.1.6. and RAGS 3.0+. Playing a game design on one version usually results in some game breakage on other versions. I have all three versions installed myself because of this issue.
>>
>>6740804
Try Twine. It requires little to no programming experience and has a minimal learning curve, so you can focus on making the game rather than setting aside weeks/months to properly learn an engine.
>>
>>6740805
I am playing it on the same version it is being made on and for. Also, cursory search around the net shown that it may be the issue with the resources the game creator's using or rather, with how RAGS flips out with some of them.
>>
>>6740789
Future Cities also has lactation, not particularly pronounced, but leans towards selling milk as a product.
>>
>>6740751
I may not like the furry themes of pics and I may not like the style but I must say that there's lot of furry artists who can draw quite well, are good at shading etc - in fact, quite many people get into furry because they follow some decent artist and their non-furry art and then find out they're doing also the furry stuff.
>>
>>6740806
Dungeon Keeper doesn't really work in a text engine.
>>
>>6739329
That game does exist?
>>
>>6740806
Burning exploding cars,
>>
>>6740825
Furry art is one of the greatest tragedies. I've seen some genuinely amazing artists with good control of anatomy and colouration, and with imaginative pictures. But for the life of me, muzzles and fur are immediate bonerkills.
>>
>>6740804
>>6740828
I know of two games that actually pulled it somewhat well. Oh, sure, they're clunky and lots of features had to be hacked in but there's at least something like sci-fi dungeon keeper about kidnapping people, building facilities in your base and turning those people into different kinds of brainwashed sexy drones.

And they're made in RAGS.

Yes, RAGS.

Truly, masochism was the trait of their creators.
>>
>>6740832

>>6739459
>>
>>6740839
That's great!
Because that means we can make it a game!
>>
>>6740828
I've seen management sims work in Twine. Those involving building either go with one of two approaches: a list of locations you can click to navigate to, or use a jpeg map. In theory you could do it dynamically, like

>1 2 3 4
>5 6 7 8
>9 0 A B

Where you could have each slot display either a black square, or a room, depending on if the player has built something there or not.
>>
File: Screencap001.png (649KB, 808x616px) Image search: [Google]
Screencap001.png
649KB, 808x616px
>>6740806
>>6740804
That's what I'd like to see more of myself.
Twine's cool. Hilariously, though, I'm using RPG Maker MV to whip something up.

Anyway, here's a screencap testing randomly generated features/gender/name.
>>
>>6740825
Pretty much this. I am not bothered by furries more than by some of the regular /d/ shit even if not particualrly crazy about it either - it's just another niche kind of porn for me. But good drawing skills are good no matter what you draw and sometimes it shows also in furry art.
>>
>>6740845
RPGMaker is easy to get into, but pretty restrictive about what you can do... especially since it has strong limitations on both text display and image display, which is important for H-games. (It was originally designed with Japanese characters in mind, which are far more compact than English).

If you haven't sunk a ton of time into the technical side, I'd get out and switch engines.
>>
File: 1451896698343.jpg (389KB, 675x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1451896698343.jpg
389KB, 675x1050px
>>6740848
>complacent to furshit
shiggy diggy lest you get burned.
>>
Tfw no victim approved hypnosis game?
Rare /d/ games with hypnosis include rape...
>>
>>6740825
I never claimed there are no good artists doing furry stuff.
The problem is even well drawn furry is still furry.
>>
>>6740838
>>6740843
Dungeon Keeper and its derivatives like Evil Genius are very visual games with fully modelled rooms and servants.
Half the point of the game is efficient room and trap layout, again something that doesn't translate well to text. Unless you called it a 'Dungeon Keeper' game only nominally.
>>
>>6740841
>we
>>
>>6740857
Furry or not, if it's enough well made, in a game it doesn't cause a problem.
In the rest of /d/ I can understand that there is complain, but let's face it: "yiff" perfectly belong to /d/, since they are the perfect case of alternative hentai.

Sorry to say you that.
>>
>>6740864
I can make all the devellopment, but I draw like a sh*t
>>
>>6740866
>"yiff" perfectly belong to /d/
Get out.
>>
>>6740866
>yiff" perfectly belong to /d/, since they are the perfect case of alternative hentai.
that's wrong though and so are you. it doesn't belong on /d/ like guro and loli doesn't.
choose your next words carefully, furfag.
>>
>>6740861
Beggars can't be choosers mate.

Such an ambitious game requiring among other things 3D modelling, animation rigs, or an understanding of the Unity engine simply will never get made by someone too lazy to learn even basic programming. And even with a skilled programmer it could take months for a one-man project. You'll have to settle for jpeg images in twine, or being one of those guys just blowing smoke out their ass.
>>
>>6740866
Furry shit does not belong anywhere on 4chan.
It is banned content, which is the fault of their own obnoxious community.
And even minimal furry content in anything will always cause a problem, because furries will aim to turn it more and more furry until no more regular content is left. Even if it was originally beast and not furry content. They latch onto everything they see has a glimmer of hope to inject their fetish into.
I assume you are a furry. So fuck off and get back to your containment websites.
>>
>>6740526
Gdocs sounds most sensible, it's how I'm most used to editing. Putting it in comment mode and dropping the link here should work well enough.
>>
>>6740873
Nobody's begging, faggot.
The guy mentioned wanting to make a Dungeon Keeper-esque game and recommending twine to do it is a poor choice.
>>
>>6740872
>>6740871
I never said I like furry.
I hate that shit. But force to admit that it's a form of alternative hentai, and we're on the alternative hentai thread.

>>6740874
I don't talk about the community but the pic. I don't know that community, and seriously don't want to know them
>>
>>6740877
Alternative hentai is not equal to all alternative hentai.
/d/ has it's scope of allowed content. Furry is not allowed content and thus does not belong on /d/.
>>
>>6740866
Yeah, this is pretty much alternative porn, but if hentai - not sure. Most of the furry stuff is western after all. But okay, I guess technically some does belong because japs also make their own furry stuff.

Like >>6740874 says, however, even if it fits thematically, it doesn't belong here due to rules. Arbitrary? Maybe, but that's what we have and some people like it that way. There are furry boards as well so it's fine - no matter what one likes, there's a way to get it.
>>
>>6740877
Furry is made by western artists (and no. nobody posts kemono). By definition furry is not even hentai. Now fuck off, this is one of the reasons furry is banned.
>>
>>6740877
Guro is also alternative hentai. Try posting some of that and see if the mods think it's appropriate to post here.
>>
>>6740876
Uhh, anon, you realize the guy specifically said he has problems learning game design and programming? Suggesting a 3D game engine like Unity for someone's first game is far more stupid than making a management sim in Twine (which, by the way, has been done numerous times, including FC).

No need to get your panties in a twist. He had a valid point.
>>
>>6740874
>They latch onto everything they see has a glimmer of hope to inject their fetish into.
To be honest, that isn't even just furry issue. Too many other porn games /d/ or not I know of which suffered from people pushing for their favorite crap as the main content. It's unfortunate, perhaps, but to be expected.
>>
>>6740880
>>6740881
>>6740882
>>6740883
Well, guys, we have pics here that aren't hentai at all and nobody care. But I see the point.

I just find it surprising that even in the game thread it's hated, since in game, well, most of the part is the game, not the sex. The /d/ content must be felt, not see. At least I think that.

But still, that lack of hypnosis without rape, and that is I'd like in game, even with furries, because that's my dearest fetish XD
>>
File: 1440772508410.gif (846KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1440772508410.gif
846KB, 600x600px
>>6740881
>There are furry boards
THERE ARE NO FURSHIT BOARDS.
NO ANCHORS.
NO BEACHHEADS.
NO EXCEPTIONS.
IT'S NOT ALLOWED AND NEVER WILL BE.
>>
>>6740886
So telling him to make a text game imitation instead of letting him down gently that DK is far too ambitious for an amateur is the better option?
>>
FC question:

Most of the PC backgrounds are self-explanatory (start with more money/rep, slaves hate/fear you less, etc) but what, mechanically, does the Slaver background do?

It has a blurb about your slaving experience being useful, but I can't tell what it's actually DOING once you get into the game.

Also, static milk prices in the last build ($9/liter regardless of devotion, $16/liter with Pastoralism law) is, pardon the pun, the tits.
>>
>>6740889
Is English not your first language? That would explain a lot.
>>
>>6740893
Yeah, why?
Are my sentences unclear?
>>
>>6740891
To make game in twine, you only really need to learn parsing (how to add or subtract variables), how to link pages, and maybe how to insert images.

You could literally create a basic game structure in one sitting, even if you initially have never touched twine. Of course, a management sim would be more complex than that, but it's hardly an unachievable effort to create something simple.
>>
>>6740895
It's noticeable. Also a weird grasp of what terms like 'alternative' and 'hentai' even mean.
>>
>>6740897
Well, my bad.
English is hard to learn.
>>
>>6740889
>I just find it surprising that even in the game thread it's hated
I suspect that this is actually just a handful of anons, or even one or two just very opinionated and dedicated ones that hate on breeding season for furry content. Most people simply don't give a shit, having other games to entertain themselves with if they don't find that one to their liking or not giving shit and playing breeding season if they like it.

>>6740890
>that heresy pic
Even chaos is natural part of the reality of WH40K. You can like it, you can hate it but it doesn't matter in the grand scheme - it still is (even if chaos gods themselves can be quite much dicks - but so can be anyone else in the grim future of 41st century.
>>
>>6739263
Fuck off, cucked magina SJW pedofucker.
>>
>>6740892
>Also, static milk prices in the last build ($9/liter regardless of devotion, $16/liter with Pastoralism law) is, pardon the pun, the tits.

While potentially unbalanced it does make some sense. Milk is milk, it flows without care for how much the cow likes you as long as said cow is healthy and and not traumatized.
>>
>>6740887
Most fetishes don't really have that dedicated communities though and I have never seen another porn community latch onto a game and try to make it all about their fetish, even if the game originally didn't include their fetish.
Would you know of an example? A different community that obnoxious?
(Not really doubting this may exist, I am genuinely interested.)

>>6740889
It's mainly hated due to the community.
Otherwise it would most likely just be tolerated like other niche fetishes.
There'd be no point to hate on furry stuff, if they'd just post their own shit like everyone else, instead of being loud, obnoxious and trying to turn everything into furry.
>>
>>6740849
If using Ace, get the script that automatically splits large blocks of text into text boxes. Can't believe I ever used Ace without it.
>>
>>6740904
Yeah, if 9 and 16 are too much I wouldn't mind them being balanced, but it just never made sense to me that a Devoted slave's milk was 'worth' more than an Ambivalent or Accepting one. Milk doesn't really work that way.

Also, it really penalized you if you wanted to used Mind-Broken milk cows. Which, really, if you're sending slaves off to a life of nothing but being pumped all day and dropping foals, lobotomizing them could be argued to be a compassionate thing.
>>
>>6740903
>Not liking pedo.

Sasuga. Not that anon, but it surprises me how many pedos are hard anti-SJW. I think part of it is blaming Feminism for making child porn go from 'that thing which is technically illegal but only moderately hard to get and any porn shop owner will probably have lying around' (kinda like modern bestiality) to 'oh-ehm-gee kill it with fire'. I still dunno how true that accusation is, but it's a popular meme in pedo communities and is occasionally used to justify why so many pedos want to sidle up to the white supremacist fags. Even though white supremacists tend to violently hate pedos.

Shit makes me sad, because pedos are the most perfect example of an oppressed group in modern western society.
>>
>>6740911
I think I recall one or two flash games that turned quite much gay and futa and I think both also tanked after some time when creators lost interest due to making something they personally didn't give shit about anymore as it wasn't their fetishes (which is stupid because it's them who cave in and added that content in the first place - but there you have it).
>>
>>6740904
>While potentially unbalanced
I guess milking's unbalanced. But when after a certain point the game's weather turns to complete shit forever and starts dumping massive costs on top of your regular inflated upkeep thanks to plot, what can you really do?
>>
File: Screencap002.png (670KB, 814x620px) Image search: [Google]
Screencap002.png
670KB, 814x620px
>Quick /d/, I have time for one more variable for slaves. What's something you want to know about your slave/livestock's appearance?
>>6740849
Eh, I've used RPG Maker for years so I know how to work around that. Also they switched to Javascript so I'm set.
>>6740913
Solid advice, but I'm using MV and have a script/plugin that does that already.
>>
>>6739924
It wasn't actually the UN.
It was UN women which is apparently not the same thing.
>>
>>6740928
Maybe overall body form? Buff, voluptuous, thin/androgynous, etc?
>>
>>6740919
Okay, wasn't aware of that.
But I am not part of either of those two communities either, so that may be why.
I always think it is stupid if devs quit because they ended up developing something they don't like.
I am working on my own thing and I won't include any fetish or mechanic I dislike.
Since I am working this up from scratch, I am even thinking of making it harder to mod in any content I dislike.
>>
>>6740928
Specific values in cm and kg. Muh 17.42cm dick.
>>
File: Screencap003.png (682KB, 814x620px) Image search: [Google]
Screencap003.png
682KB, 814x620px
>"Quite attractive' is a placeholder for later. Bodytype =/= attractiveness. You can have all the fat or anorexic hotties you want.
>>6740930
Eyyyy that's a good idea. I can probably allow the player to customize slaves with that later too.
>>6740934
I wanted to avoid that because one anon's large is another's "holy shit wtf". But I can add that later if there is a demand.
>>
>>6740950
Maybe make it optional. Not sure how many people actually want it.
>>
>>6740950
Can the girls have dick and balls?
>>
>>6740957
Right now the RNG doesn't make any, but I'm gonna let players modify slaves via methods obtained in game, or to come across futa/eunuchs rarely.
>>6740956
Options are always cool.
>>
>>6740928
The size and dexterity of their prehensile prolapses!
>>
>>6740892
>what, mechanically, does the Slaver background do?
Makes personal attention more powerful and reliable.
>>
>>6740950
could you make it hide the mention if they dont have some parts?
>>
>>6740911
Subs do it all the time to games made primarily for doms, especially over on tfgamessite.
>>
>>6740968
Seems like I just hang around the wrong sites to notice this then. Guess it's just bad luck I had furries ruin games I might have been interested in.
But they can be pretty obnoxious on sites not related to games as well. I am thinking there just has to be an overlap between furries and "otherkin".
>>
>>6740801
How do I know what a "VIP" slave is?

Also, what's some good music to play in the background for this game? It's Cyberpunk like right?

(4chan is giving me issues, might double post here.)
>>
>>6740988
He was talking about slaves you assign to the important positions.
>>
>>6740976
There sort of is, but less than you'd think. A lot of furries passionately hate otherkin.

Then there's 'Therians' who are so close to otherkin that they end up violently hating them, like some sort of internet version of the Sunni-Shia conflict.
>>
>>6740995
Actually sounds hilarious.
I've never heard of Therians, but now I'd like to see Therians fighting furries fighting otherkin faggots.
At least the furries against otherkin part just has to be gold.
>>
>>6740988
>It's Cyberpunk like right?
Doesn't seem quite gritty and run down enough, imo.
>>
>>6740890
There's /trash/.
>>
>>6740928
>says he has long hair
>he doesn't
My autism!
>>
Hey anons, what kind of game you might be more interested in - more RPG-ish one that requires you to turn a whole class' worth of anime schoolgirls into tentacle breeders or more card-games-like one with the goal to grow a pair of Piyokorota-sized bewbs?
Both have next to none graphics, both are presumably made with AS3.
>>
>>6741122
Why would anyone want a card game?
I haven't ever seen a good one of those, much less when it's a porn game.
Dropped each one of those.
>>
>>6741122
The former. Maybe it's just because I'm so desperate for more /d/ content in HHS+.
>>
>>6741122
tentacle breeder thing has been done. I'd rather play a cardgame, but cardgames need lots of art support to not be garbage.
>>
>>6740976

rip coc
rip in shit tits

though imho savin and low-effort pandering is a biggwr problem than furshit in those two
>>
>>6741178
CoC could have been an interesting game.
But there is so much fur shit in there and people inserting their furry waifus, I just dropped it. I can't play that game very far, despite the scenes being pretty well written.
It's really a shame.
>>
>>6741184

I all but grew up with it, desu. I can deal with furshit since I used to be a lot more gay and furry whenmI was younger. Lot of good shit once you get into the late-game. Though the generic furries (Marble, Amily, Urta half-half) are pretty shit.

Want to write a spiritual successor or something once I teach myself motivation and find someone who can program.
>>
>>6741184
I followed it since UTG. It greatly saddens and angers me where it ended up after all those promises of corruption and hot demon sex.
>>
>>6741201

yeah
>shitty tsundere lizard girl
>shitty cuck 'i love anal' salamander
>shitty incest never delivered bc 'fuck entitled fans'
>shitty unfinished dragon

why
>>
>>6741187
Had an ex liking fursuits, didn't even know what furry was back then, no idea about the community behind it and it being related to anything sexual in any way.
But furry is really turning me off.
For something that simple you don't really need a lot of programming. Best of luck to you with that project though, as long as you don't make it furry.

>>6741201
Same promises I though it might be interesting for.
Now I am just making my own porn game based on demons and corruption. It's an RPG though.
>>
>>6740448
>a shitload (29)
Uh, anon? You might want to work on your counting skills, there's 30.
>>
>>6741213

eh, i'd probably have a little bit, primary since presumably furfags would want to write

but i'd want to cut down on furry, balance out futa, avoid boring waifushit, etc
>>
>>6741222
>a little bit
>furfags
Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat... etc, etc.
>>
>>6741224

nah that's because fenoxo decided to pander to furfags. TiTS is literally furfag: the game

i mean i might try to sell porn to them but my game is my baby.

if there is any it'll be good shit and not just 'ayy i'm furry' like amily
>>
>>6741222
That's how all those games started that got turned into almost nothing but furry shit in the end.
You cater to them, you will get them to follow you and because of being that obnoxious and taking everything over, they will drive out everyone else not into furry shit.
That's literally what always happened, 100 % of the time.
Furries will drive away the rest of your potential community, so don't end up saying nobody warned you. Plenty of people refuse to even go near anything with furry content for not wanting to interact with furries.

>>6741231
You won't really be able to keep it under lock and key, especially not if you simply use a scripting language. Furries will end up making it theirs.
Also unless you are into furry shit, it's a bonerkiller for plenty of people, so there can never be good furry stuff for them.
>>
>>6741240

fair points, desu

would be nice to get SOME furry appeal since furries usually actually have money and i don't mind furry though it's pretty vanilla

if i do i should probably add it in once i'm well-established with non-furry shit, and sparsely

at least if they ever make their own mod it would probably be as bad as the coc one
>>
>>6741246
>would be nice to get SOME furry appeal since furries usually actually have money and i don't mind furry though it's pretty vanilla
You are now Fenoxo. Well done.
>>
File: Venture_-_2016-03-23_18.57.43.png (36KB, 1928x818px) Image search: [Google]
Venture_-_2016-03-23_18.57.43.png
36KB, 1928x818px
>>6741187
I just so happen to have gotten my HTML5 text adventure doohickey loading scenes properly. This is is from this:

http://pastebin.com/005hS5sL

At the top is YAML metadata, which is parsed and turned into a Coffeescript class during precompile. At the same time, the ninjucks template system turns the bottom into precompiled Javascript. During runtime, marked turns the markdown formatting into HTML.

As of right now, I have working scene transitions, button controls, and a lot of the backend shit down.
>>
>>6741246
>since furries usually actually have money
And there's the crux. For this reason all donation incentivised h-games will inevitably become furry.
RIP
>>
>>6741246
Yes, they throw money at you.
But is it worth it? Do you want to sell out and have your stuff turn into something mainly furries follow due to driving anyone not into furry away?
That's the problem with furry, "just a little" never works. They'll shove it down your throat and demand more and more of your content to be furry.
Also >>6741251 has a point. That's how it happened.
>>
>>6741253
Just a quick note:
Dilating is the opposite of what your pupils do when adjusting to brighter light.
>>
File: 332838-6WDJC46.jpg (99KB, 500x612px) Image search: [Google]
332838-6WDJC46.jpg
99KB, 500x612px
>>6739307
So, wait, I'm lost. Like, serious question, not trolling, the only girls I've seen referred to as tsundere had the dere side as you define it "happy, loving" but weren't comfortable with admitting it or didn't think it'd be acceptable in their social circle or thought they'd get rejected/hated by object of affections if they confessed. And then how they dealt with this was by masking the affection with the opposite, the tsun side where they either were violent, pretended to ignore the other, or loudly proclaimed that they'd rather be dead than spend time with the other.

Like, I've literally never seen anyone apply it to someone that didn't fit the above, so... wut?
>>
>>6741260
Yeah, I know. It was 4AM when I wrote that and couldn't find the right word.
>>
>>6741213
>It's an RPG
So's CoC.
>>
>>6741253

Nice.

Battle systems sound like they'd be a pain in the ass in any language, though.

>>6741251
Well, Fenoxo also sold his soul to Savin, which is almost as bad as selling it first to furries.

>>6741258
When you're a poorfag it's pretty appealing. Might just do text commissions with them or something.

Though 4chan isn't the best crowd either. Have you -seen- Slablands? My fucking god.
>>
>>6741268
>Might just do text commissions with them or something
You're becoming more and more like Fenoxo with every post. Keep this up and pretty soon you're going to get mad at /vg/ for doxxing your waifu despite them being completely unrelated to the situation.
>Have you -seen- Slablands
Slablands was literally made to spite Fenoxo, of course it's shit. Have YOU seen Free Cities? Because that's a 4chan project as well.
>>
>>6741278

>/vg/ doxxing fenoxo's waifu

What.
>>
>>6741285
To summarize it shittily, one of Fenoxo's moderators released documents about some bitch that Fenoxo was involved with. Fenoxo got pissy and blamed 4chan. Later the mod admitted that it was him and that 4chan wasn't involved at all, but Fenoxo decided that he was still going to blame 4chan anyway, so to this day he still bans anyone who mentions 4chan or any of its boards.
>>
>>6741264
I'd say CoC is a CYOA kind of game for the most part, with some stats and combat thrown in.
That may change later on, but the start definitely is like that and due to the furry content I never played too far.
I was getting at it having graphics and you actually move a character around on maps and so on. Like you do in all those RPG Maker games.

>>6741268
No, I haven't played Slablands and don't really want to either.
4chan also made KS and Krautchan made Unteralterbach.
I can also see why you might want to make money with such a project. I have just decided to not even go near the furry community.
My plan is to implement filters for certain words in my game before it ever goes live, so that certain content won't be processed by the engine. I just want to have some control over the content.

>>6741285
>>6741295
There is a pastebin detailing all that somewhere.
Really tells the story of how CoC turned to shit and was shunned by 4chan.
>>
>>6741295

Nice. I respect him less every passing day. Which is saying something, because I don't.

Either way need to learn to write dry and generally get more motivation before any of this shit is possible. As it is I'd probably last a week.
>>
>>6740487
It's a humiliation thing, as close as I can tell. The girl has to do all this humiliating improper things, and then the guy doing it to her is also ugly and fat, so it is a double whammy of degrading.
>>
>>6741300
>I'd say CoC is a CYOA kind of game for the most part, with some stats and combat thrown in.
That's called an RPG, you dumbass.
>>
>>6741261
You're looking at the modern connotation of the term. Portmanteau is a combination of the French words for "carry" and "mantle", but that doesn't mean that the term is used to describe carry-able mantles. I was just explaining the origin of the term.
>>
>>6741174
>Tentacle breeder thing has been done

Links please, for the love of your god?
>>
>>6741318
Not him, but there are a few in RPGMaker (in Japanese, naturally). You'll need to narrow it down.
>>
Is there a reason not to have all female slaves on female hormones in fc besides slower muscle gains?
>>
>>6741312
You really can't understand context very well, can you?
There is more text, in case you didn't notice. And that text explains you how the term RPG was used in this context.
So just fuck off, idiot.
>>
>>6741338
no u
>>
>>6741343
(You)
Have it, but it's the last one.
>>
Is it just the one guy applying his arbitrary definitions as if they where gospel or is that just a common mental deficiency in /d/ game enthusiasts?
>>
>>6741334
Do the hormones add to upkeep?
>>
>>6741349
As someone not part of either of the definition arguments, both sides seem fucking stupid to me. It's just two people saying "My definition is correct!"
I have no idea who you're trying to say is wrong.
>>
>>6741353
Everyone except me is wrong.
>>
>>6741351
I believe so, just wondering if there are any downsides to it besides those, because I can live with it.

>>6741353
I was siding with the rpg guy, but now that you mention it they both are a bit stubborn. Guess that answers my question.
>>
>>6741351
Yeah, but minorly (last I checked, something like 25 per slave per day).
>>
>>6741353
>either of the definition arguments
The tsundere one and what other one?
>>
>>6741366
There was an argument about the definition of an RPG that was brewing, but it was cut short by someone pointing out that it was stupid.
>>
>>6741360
>>6741362
I can't think of any besides that for female slaves.

Although I don't quite remember the benefits of using hormones for them either.
>>
>>6741373
fixes ugly slaves, clit shrinkage, and a minor obedience bonus
>>
>>6741368
I never claimed he was wrong about calling it an RPG.
I was only clarifying what I meant in this specific case, so I wouldn't have discussed this any further anyway. No need to argue about something you are not even disagreeing with. Of course you can call that an RPG.
>>
>>6740828
It wasn't meant as an area based building sim, more of the "you're the bad guy and good guys come after you" element. There would probably be locations in the base, but not necessarily mapped out, more of the list of locations style in >>6740843
>>
>>6741300
>My plan is to implement filters for certain words in my game before it ever goes live, so that certain content won't be processed by the engine. I just want to have some control over the content.
What the fuck even?
>>
>>6741413
You even quoted me saying I want to have some control over the content. That's really the only way I'll have any control over it at all the way I am designing it.
There is just some content I really can't stand, so people wanting to put that in can fuck right off.
>>
>>6741419
I don't care about your intent or justification. What the fuck are you even trying to implement?
An anti-modding check? A weird way of filtering content submissions even though you have full creative control? Like what are you even doing?
>>
>>6741422
I suspect he just want the engine to refuse to print words that annoy him. Like, f you hated furry, you could watch for "muzzle" and refuse to work.
>>
>>6741423
That bears an inherent flaw in that in a text game, conversation and appearance are indistinguishable.
You could say something was 'muzzled' as a turn of phrase or literally wearing a muzzle with no connection to furry at all.
>>
>>6741422
The game is written in C++ with support for Lua and actual content is stored in JSON files.
That allows me to create the content a lot faster and would also allow for people to mod it, if they ever feel like it.
That filter would just prevent JSON files with certain words or phrases from being accepted as valid content by the engine.
If done right, that would prohibit f.e. furry content.
So almost what >>6741423 said.

>>6741427
Not if you properly use JSON files.
The file would have to clearly mark what appearance and what conversation is to even work in the engine.
It's also not limited to filtering just a word, it can look for shorter or longer phrases, so that it filters things a little more refined.
>>
>>6741430
Well whatever floats your boat then I guess.
Better hope its watertight so it doesn't become a bunch of pointless busywork better spent elsewhere.
>>
>>6741436
I doubt it's possible to make such a thing absolutely watertight.
It just needs to make it hard enough for people to add unwanted content so they won't bother.
>>
>>6741440
>>6741430
I'm a little dubious about the filtered words. On the one hand I'm quite a proponent of creative freedom but the other I can't fucking stand furry hijacking.
Basically as long as your filter keeps the furry out without stepping on my toes I'll be ok.
>>
>>6741443
I'd like to be able to not bother with it and trust people will not add any content I really, really don't want to see.
But I really hate furries with a passion and since they get into everything and try to inject their shit, I'd say better safe than sorry and show them they are unwanted right from the start.
Once they have gotten all over your stuff, they drive other people away and I really don't want that.
I wouldn't even see the problem with it if they were just quietly writing content and releasing it on their furry sites, but I highly doubt that'd be how it would turn out.
>>
>>6741451
If you're going to make your game so it can't be modded with content you don't like, why make it moddable in the first place.
>>
>>6741458
Yeah, I'm with this guy. make it moddable freely, and make part of the agreement that anything they mod into it you have the rights to do anything you want with it. 90% of furry waifu writers wont give control to anyone else, anyways. You can then implement the stuff you like from mods into the main game, and can de-fur any furry stuff in mods you like, too.
>>
>>6741458
It's not like I plan to make it impossible to add any content I might not like. It's basically only the stuff I really, really don't want to see in it.
FC dev has his limits as well. But from what I heard people didn't really care about that either, at least some. So I am not stupid enough to believe it will be different in my case.

The most important reason is it simply allows me to create my own content a lot faster and to keep adding to it if I use JSON to store the content.
Other people being able to create content if I write up some sort of API is just a welcome side effect.
So that filter is really just supposed to prevent unwelcome side effects .
The only other way would be having to sign every JSON file to be valid content, in which case only I could create files accepted by the engine and I'd have to approve everything manually if someone should ever submit anything.
It seems like that would make modding more unlikely and should people actually want to create mods for it might result in a lot of unnecessary extra work and me going through fetish stuff I don't necessarily want to read.
>>
>>6740950
Back with a Futa test. Also switched to silhouettes. Male is blue, female is pink, Futa is green because fuck yeah green.
>fml "The ripped bod with lots of muscles of this Futa..." sounds retarded with two 'of's.
Time to fix that shit.
>>
File: Screencap004.png (274KB, 808x306px) Image search: [Google]
Screencap004.png
274KB, 808x306px
>>6741465
Hurrr forgot image.
>>
>>6741468
"bod" has weird 80s connotations, I think. And to avoid your two "of", why not "The ripped, muscular body of this futa..."
>>
>>6741465
>futa not purple
Colour theory my nigger.
>>
>>6741468
The body description is a little awkward.
>>
File: Screencap005.png (246KB, 814x290px) Image search: [Google]
Screencap005.png
246KB, 814x290px
>>6741468
Aaaand an Eunuch. I'm thinking they'll have pronouns of whatever their previous gender was or a singular 'they', because Ze/Zhe or whatever is too autistic for my likes.
>>6741507
Yeah that sounds much better, I'll use that.
>>
>>6741525
>an Eunuch
Fun fact: Even though you are technically correct with your usage of "an", most anglophones would use "a" anyway. The same happens with the word "unicorn" because both words are pronounced with a "yu" sound despite starting with a vowel.
>>
>>6741531
>Eunuch
>/yo͞onək/
I've been pronouncing that shit the wrong way all my life.
>>
>>6741536
Oh this gon b gud.
How did you pronounce it?
>>
>>6741537
/iːnək/
As in with a retarded long E sound.
>>
>>6741547
lol
>>
>>6741547
It's a good thing eunuch isn't a more common word. I would legitimately have no idea what you were trying to say if you made that noise.
>>
File: 700776-PEQYAOV.jpg (552KB, 992x734px) Image search: [Google]
700776-PEQYAOV.jpg
552KB, 992x734px
>>6741547
That's not actually that bad. I was expecting something like oy-nush.
>>
>>6741547
You are aware that is pretty much how you'd pronounce Enoch?
>>
>>6741531
>Even though you are technically correct with your usage of "an"
It's not. It's based on the phoneme, not the letter.
>>
>>6739173
jesus fucking christ WHY

nothing goes wrong by letting people cheat in your fucking single-ass-player fetish game to get more fetish content with less non-fetish content, it's not like you're producing a AAA online title here
>>
>>6741578
Hanlon's razor, anon. Do you seriously think that the RAGS devs INTENTIONALLY made it swap addresses all the fucking time? They probably didn't understand pointers so they just created new values every time a function was called rather than editing the already existing ones.
>>
I stuck a rebellious slave in a shock collar and electrocuted her until she had severe mental trauma.

Then I trained her to make her "oddities" amusing instead of annoying.

...Did I just train her to have a PTSD flashback on command?

Free Cities.
>>
File: 5b4d78bfb5d02ee44be22b32d4cd3266.jpg (503KB, 847x1300px) Image search: [Google]
5b4d78bfb5d02ee44be22b32d4cd3266.jpg
503KB, 847x1300px
Anyone got the latest TiT's backer build? Since Fenoxo is going to be a major shitlord and wait a month to release a free build.
>>
>>6740191
download is down
>>
>>6741808
>>6740191
nvm worked after refresh
>>
>>6741777
I just compile it straight from the repo.

:^)
>>
>>6741732
And yet my dick is hard.
>>
>>6741732
I wonder if this would be a faster way to get nymphos than smart piercings.
>>
>>6740916
>I think part of it is blaming Feminism for making child porn go from 'that thing which is technically illegal but only moderately hard to get and any porn shop owner will probably have lying around' (kinda like modern bestiality) to 'oh-ehm-gee kill it with fire'.
Partly that, partly the feminists doubling or more the ages of consent in a lot of the west for their social engineering projects. A lot of who we think of as pedos now we wouldn't even think of as such before them.
>>
File: Venture_-_2016-03-24_02.49.34.png (55KB, 1928x818px) Image search: [Google]
Venture_-_2016-03-24_02.49.34.png
55KB, 1928x818px
>>6741253
Okay, more progress. This is the main screen. Just added the statbars. Not using <meter> since it's still not widely supported.

Logo is embedded SVG, turned the letters white with CSS just so I knew how. The text version in the "titlebar" will be going away soon to make room for character name, debug console, and save controls. Since I'm "porting" Elysium, I'm going to try to keep the same layout.

Tomorrow I plan to start tying in the backend character stuff.
>>
File: Venture_-_2016-03-23_22.33.53.png (47KB, 1928x818px) Image search: [Google]
Venture_-_2016-03-23_22.33.53.png
47KB, 1928x818px
>>6741922
This is what you see when you click on Test Scene 1. Scenes are now working perfectly now, and I can swap between them and trigger things. I still don't have a scene queue, nor do I have a complete message handling system, but I'm getting there. I've also gone ahead and segregated scenes to the worlds/Elysium directory, trying to keep things somewhat modular.

That's it for tonight though. Need to get some shit done tomorrow and then I'll be back at it again.
>>
>>6741925
>>6741922
Very nice.
>>
>>6740191
I liked it but i didn't get as far as i wanted to and i don't think there is a save and load option (saw a save button but clicking it didn't seem to do anything).
>>
>>6740875
I'll give it a try to see how it goes. Although I do wish to find someone reliably consistent. Or maybe even someone who rewrites it into something decent, since I don't believe my english writing is anything but pretty terrible.

Anyway here's some portion.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qAjK43btQg3hq-5P3RuC8nV8yj850SV9oP6JH7BiRWI/edit?usp=sharing

>>6741961
There's not that much content right now (or whatever you mean by 'far'). Saving is a bit tricky, but I believe it should work on game reload and not instantly for some reason. I also hope engine developer will add better saving options in next version.
>>
>>6741968
sry by far i meant i never got any spells, used any items, got any non human girls, or had any girls working as whores they just all gathered food for me.
>>
>>6741979
There's only one rare event in forest allowing you to get an elf girl, otherwise there's slaver guild. Spell purchase is unlocked once you join mage guild and for the rest its mostly proof of concept which was done in few weeks so far. Thanks for the interest though.
>>
>>6741910
Another proof that current wave of feminism is evil. They'll take everything of value from us just so they'll have chance of scoring when they'll be just ugly, sexist, rotten and old landwhales.
>>
>>6740771
Monster Girl Quest, RPG style visual novel where you play as a shota accompanied by a lamia in a world where monster girls abound and will attack and rape you at the drop of a hat
No Haven is a mostly text slave management/adventure game where you can play as a and enslave various monster girls among other things
>>
>>6742090
>>6740771
Monmusu Quest is like a whole series of visual novels by now though they can be all combined into one somehow, I've heard.

There's also indie and somewhat crappy game that had potential but got wasted by creator who kept disappearing on the fanbase despite promises of work and content - Mutant Minx Meltdown.

Some of the furry-oriented games also branch into monster girl territory. Flexible Survival is primarily furry but it has everything - generic fantasy races, monster girls, history-themed creatures, monsters unlike Earth's life, supernatural creatures, robots.
>>
>>6741334
Do they affect long term health? Also, might not want omnitits.
>>
>>6741458
...what?
>>
>>6742081
>everything of value
>>
>>6742151
How do you not understand? Why give people the ability to mod if you're going to prevent people from creating the mods they want?
>>
>>6742155
>Why give people the ability to mod if you're going to lock out a very small number of potential mods featuring topics that you absolutely can't stand?
Because of the remaining 98% of mods that people might create?
>>
>>6742169
What are people going to mod into your game? The things you don't have in it. No one's going to mod something to add in content that the original creator is willing to put in. Why even act like you're going to give people creative freedom if you're just going to censor things that you find displeasing?
>>
>>6742173
Doubt the dev is going to include every single idea.
>>
>>6742153
>dignity (general bitching about men)
>self-acceptance ("no, you're not a real man, you have to be like [insert ideal boyfriend expectation of this particular girl]" - all while women are encouraged to be whatever as they're ideal either way)
>ability to work and prosper (it's not about finding best employees - you cannot employ even the best potential person if he's male and you have only a few occupation slots left you have to reserve for any willing females)
>self-reliance (let a woman tell you what you feel and think as a man better than you know yourself using stereotypes and cliches - and add on top of that why it's evil and why do you need her instead)

...aaand now also they work on taking the ability to choose what was well known for centuries to be partners mature enough to actually be able to participate in responsible and working relationship (provided the guy is also responsible and mature enough) - now they're all too immature to know what they want, unless they're willing to accuse a guy about something or demand certain privileges - then suddenly they should be treated like adults.

I understand that people actually fiddling preschool kids mess shit up as it may be detrimental to kid's proper development but when we already know, through different research that teenagers fuck on their own volition, raising age of consent higher and higher into twenties and beyond, claiming that the very act of sex is traumatizing poor, innocent, clueless teenagers is suspicious at best.

Are relationships with teens a good thing? Not necessarily, most teens are quite immature and retarded. But they already get relationships anyway like their ancestors did before them and there's difference between advocating and educating some 18 year old about potential hazards of sex and blatantly claiming that it has to be rape and immoral, evil thing for said 18's partner to pursue sexual relationship.

So, yeah, shit's retarded. Sorry for going all /pol/ here.
>>
>>6741451
I don't see a problem. As long as you'll make it easily noticeable what content is original and what modded, people shouldn't associate you with the shit you dislike, while if you allow even the groups and kinks you dislike to have a go at your game, you may be appreciated for that.

If so far you don't have to add extra effort to make your game moddable, let it stay moddable. Let people add their own shit to it as long as it'll be clearly a mod you won't have to take responsibility for - they'll have fun and neither you or me or any other player who shares your taste/dislike will have to touch it.
>>
>>6742178
Sorry for being vague. I hate feminism as much as the next guy.

I do not, however, recall ever thinking "I can't fuck 14 year olds? Who is responsible for this horrid injustice?! People have been doing that for thousands of years, so it MUST be moral and harmless!".

Teenagers also generally fuck other teenagers, not adults.
>>
>>6741334

The hormonal effects ruin girlish figures (they'll fill out).
>>
>>6742217
This. You mentioned signing content. Why not just sign content you create and displaying all unsigned content as a different colour of text? Have a disclaimer at the beginning about it and it'll be fine.
>>
>>6742178

If there is a kami-sama, please let these shitty derails end here and not fuck up the next thread too.
>>
>>6742224
N-no.
>>
>>6742178
In reality I wouldn't call pedohunt feminists fault. It's really more like new universally common western enemy for society to hate after the fall of soviet union. Society demands a common enemy to be more composed in the face of 'danger' and less questionable about their actual ways of life, problems, corrupted politics and so on. Pedos just was an obvious decision which caught up and got abused by media to hell and back. You can spot how intolerance shifts between different social groups (inside and outside) based on people who manipulate society for their benefits.
>>
>>6742227
When people say "pedophile", they mean "child molester". I don't mind society not tolerating child molesters.
>>
>>6742233
You really expect gullible morons to differ? It's just a 'common knowledge' one means to another, same how many 'western value' are completely tabooed to be discussed or doubt in any way, like homesexuality influence society in unhealthy way, racism may have a valid biases which should be adressed and so on. This is propaganda which means all or nothing.
>>
welp guess its time for the weekly "should Freecities have underage content?" debate.
>>
>>6742240
God forbid we take anything at face value and just conclude that people don't like child molesters.
>>
>>6742173
>>6742217
There is plenty of content I am not willing to put in myself but won't block either.
I will not write or include sissy or trap content, but I don't give a damn if people want to do so. That's just one example though.
It's not like I aim to filter even a majority of content I don't like, just a select few things.
Especially since I am worried about what the result might be if furries decide it's a good engine to write for. I have seen how that ends up before and I won't have that.

>>6742223
The idea sounds like it could have some merits.
I'll consider this, but I will definitely block furry content to the best of my ability. I won't budge there.
>>
>>6742245

>Weekly

More like daily.
>>
>>6742258
>I'll consider this, but I will definitely block furry content to the best of my ability. I won't budge there.
I find it pretty funny on how zealous you mention it on every occassion like furries actually trying to break into your house at least every weekend.
>>
>>6742271
>like furries actually trying to break into your house at least every weekend.
You have no idea. They are coming for my sexuality.
I boarded up all my windows and am currently fighting them back. Feels very much like all those zombie movies, just really fluffy and gay.
>>
>>6742258
I'm a little confused as to what exactly you're making.
>>
>>6742233
But that's literally wrong. Paedophiles are just people sexually attracted to children. Saying that all paedophiles are child molesters would be like saying that all homosexuals are rapists. No one should be pro-rapist but it's still fine to support homosexuality because not every every person with a nonstandard sexual preference is a criminal.
>>
>>6742271
They're like the fucking gypsies, man. There only policy that works against them is a zero tolerance policy.
>>
>>6742281
Another semantics debate? Awesome!

>But that's literally wrong.
No, the claim "When the average layperson says 'pedophile', he usually means 'child molester'." is literally true.

>Paedophiles are just people sexually attracted to children.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colloquialism

>Saying that all paedophiles are child molesters
Who said that?

>it's still fine to support [pedophilia]
Most people will be put off by anyone who say he get aroused by the thought of raping kids. It's not that different from me going around telling everyone about my (hypothetical) scat fetish and expecting everyone to respect it and not be disgusted (because I would never actually eat shit in real life).
>>
>>6740191
It's looking good so far
>>
>>6742296
>Who said that?
You, just now.
>who say he get aroused by the thought of raping kids.
>>
>>6742296
Are you the same person who was arguing against using the correct definition for tsundere?
>>
>>6742275
Basically just an RPG written in C++, Lua and JSON.
Since all content is stored in JSON files, it's essentially completely modular and easily moddable.
The content I am writing is basically centred around demons and corruption.
>>
>>6742296
>telling everyone about my scat fetish and expecting everyone to respect it and not be disgusted
But that's not the same at all. A better example would be if you told people about your scat fetish and expected people to not demand your summary execution for your sexual preference.
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't think that "Please don't literally murder me for my fetish just because a criminal had the same fetish" isn't too unreasonable of a request.
>>
>>6742314
> Hey guys I'm into a disgusting and morally dubious fetish!

vs.

> Hey guys I'm into an offensive, morally reprehensible, and might I add, ALMOST GLOBALLY ILLEGAL fetish!

It's not that a criminal had the fetish, it's that the fetish, in and of itself, is illegal in most of the civilized world. Fuck, even possession of drawn loli can get you thrown into prison in certain states and the UK.
>>
>>6742343
Way to miss the argument entirely, you goddamn retard.
>>
File: 9 DK English Made Easy.jpg (244KB, 1600x1059px) Image search: [Google]
9 DK English Made Easy.jpg
244KB, 1600x1059px
>>6742305
I was going to give you a present, but I wasn't sure what you needed. Then I read your post, and came up with the perfect gift.

>>6742307
Nope.

>>6742314
>people [...] demand your summary execution
Except that's probably mostly due to confusion as a result of the colloquial use of "pedophile" to mean "child molester".
>>
>>6742343
Now I am not arguing for legalising pedophilia (although making drawn stuff illegal is ridiculous in my opinion).
But your argument is "it's wrong because it's illegal". That's as retarded as it gets.
Things should only be illegal if they are wrong and aren't necessarily wrong because they are illegal.
>>
>>6742347
You are basically saying they all want to or get off to raping kids.
That's exactly what was criticised before.
So fuck off, retard.
>>
>>6742314
>Please don't literally murder me for my fetish just because a criminal had the same fetish

>>6742343
>It's not that a criminal had the fetish, it's that the fetish, in and of itself, is illegal in most of the civilized world

>>6742348
>>But your argument is "it's wrong because it's illegal". That's as retarded as it gets.
>>
>>6742350
What side are you even trying to support? Because you're not adding to the discussion at all.
>>
>>6742305
Am I safe if I'm only aroused by the thought of being raped by kids?
>>
>>6742353
I don't support either side, I would like us to get back to gamedev rather than the usual child molesters whining about not being catered to.
>>
File: 1367607374012.jpg (97KB, 439x457px) Image search: [Google]
1367607374012.jpg
97KB, 439x457px
>>6742356
*wishful child molestees
>>
>>6742354
>aroused by . . . kids
Nope. You're exactly the same in their eyes.
>>6742356
So instead you'll just shitpost about how awful this discussion is. What a wonderful contribution to the thread.
>rather than the usual child molesters whining about not being catered to
>child molesters
Come on now. I know that you're just shitposting, but you can do better than that.
>>
File: Untitled.png (339KB, 412x210px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
339KB, 412x210px
>>6742349
Gosh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that you were... I kept the receipt, so you can just trade it in for- Hang on...

There you go! <3
>>
>>6742356
>>6742362
>>6742364

Come on now folks, let's all get back to the universally illegal fetishes we actually agree on
> Rape
> Slavery
> Non-consensual invasive medical procedures

And the non-fetish things we agree with
> No Furries
>>
>>6742370
(You)
Try again.
>>
>>6742374
Don't you like it? I framed your response to me with a special frame, so that we can raise awareness of what a special boy you are.
>>
>>6742370
You're going to have to explain your stance, then, because you explicitly stated that paedophiles are aroused by the thought of raping kids. Are you seriously calling that anon stupid for reading what you wrote?
If so, what else could you possibly have meant by that statement?
>>
>>6742375
You are trying too hard with your shitposting.
>>
>>6742376
I'd advise against feeding his shitposting.
That is really all that is.
>>
>>6742376
Well, technically sex with kids IS a statutory rape.
>>
>>6742376
If I get off on playing FC, does that mean that I literally want to bring back slavery in real life?

>>6742378
NO U!
>>
>>6742383
But you're presupposing that these paedophiles want to act out their sexual preferences.
>>6742384
How is that even tangentially related?
>>
>>6742387
>act
Never said that. But they get aroused by the thoughts of it, don't they? Technically you can say that, even though admittedly its still retarded.
>>
>>6742387
>How is that even tangentially related?
How is it not?

I said that
>Most people will be put off by anyone who say he get aroused by the thought of raping kids.
, comparing it to a scat fetish. There is nothing unethical about getting off on the thought of eating shit, but people are probably still going to look at you funny and keep their distance if they know that that's the sort of thing that turns you on.
>>
>>6742384
Well I play grand strategy games to fulfil my fetish for uniting the german peoples...
>>
>>6742396
>How is it not?
Because it is an entirely different situation, as that previous anon pointed out.
Besides that, you're arguing against your own stance, because you just indirectly started that there is nothing unethical about pedophilia.
>>
>>6742407
>Besides that, you're arguing against your own stance, because you just indirectly started that there is nothing unethical about pedophilia.
When did I say there was?

Do I need to post that clever and hilarious image with the books again?
>>
>>6742413
So your entire argument about how awful pedophiles are was secretly in support of pedophilia? You have a strange way of arguing a point, anon.
>>
>>6742421
>your entire argument about how awful pedophiles are
Where?
>>
>>6742401
Don't worry, Anon. You did nothing wrong.
>>
>>6742424
You tried to rebut the statement "it's still fine to support [pedophilia]"
Arguing against a point is an odd way of saying that you agree with it.
>>
>>6742426
I was making the point that it is perfectly reasonable to be put off by somebody who jacks it to imagined child rape. Only 'muh kinkshaming' tumblrites act like everybody has to be okay with and respect their extreme fetishes.

People being disgusted by your fetishes doesn't make you a victim of oppression.

As for people being outright angry when they learn that somebody is a pedophile, I'd bet that that's mostly because 'pedophile' is colloquially used as a synonym for 'child molester'.
Besides, if I find out that somebody has a fetish for blowtorching dogs, I'd probably keep an eye on my dog while he's around.
>>
File: 3fa4add650d0c7ed2f2dedaff272e789.jpg (144KB, 1024x1124px) Image search: [Google]
3fa4add650d0c7ed2f2dedaff272e789.jpg
144KB, 1024x1124px
You faggots are going to get these threads purged again. If you're going to have these idiotic shitpost-fests outside of /pol/, at least have the common decency to post pics.
>>
>>6742498
The way you use the word "to" is objectively wrong, and I'm willing to shit up as many threads as I have to to prove it!
>>
>>6742178

>feminism is why I can't diddle kids
>>
>>6742498
Right, because so much damage was done by having a discussion about fetishes on the Alternative Hentai board on a thread that has already hit the bump limit and is on page eight. What would ever happen to us if mods notice us here?!
You faggots that do nothing but complain about everything shitpost more than anyone else.
>>
>>6742518

/stg/ still shitpost kings
>>
>>6742275
He's not making anything while he's shitposting on 4chan that's for sure.
>>
>>6742529
(You)
>>
You know, I don't think I've ever seen an argument here that isn't fallacious as hell.
>>
>>6742535
Suck my fallus and post porn, faggot-sempai.
>>
>fake child porn
>hurts nobody
>at all
>morally wrong

oh man, never thought i'd meet a fellow southern /b/aptist here....
>>
>>6742538
Design a game around a picture/gif
In the Wizard Future plastic surgery has been replaced with biological implants. Basically, you cut off peoples bits and give them to others.
Into this Wizard Future, you are disgraced wizard, banned from Wizard school for Wizarding forbidden things.
You have developed the Wizard powers to grow multiple body parts onto unwilling people, See picture related for what is and why forbidden.
Using your Wizard powers, you now seek to corner the market in high grade body part supplies, while also experimenting with new ways to grow shit onto people and designing Best Girl.
>>
File: 1441153105711.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1441153105711.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>6742551
Who even said...

No, you know what? I'm not falling for it. Have a clip of my head girl instead. Because this is a porn thread. For porn.
>>
>>6740191
It's looking good so far, but man after going over it, I can tell you that your codebase is going to be maintenance hell.

Otherwise, good luck
>>
>>6742538
Why? This is a porn game thread. Go to your futa threads if you just want a picture dump.
>>
>>6742562
She's a cartoon, not your head girl.
>>
File: 23af4fb0972214c7e6f841698657de93.jpg (136KB, 708x1000px) Image search: [Google]
23af4fb0972214c7e6f841698657de93.jpg
136KB, 708x1000px
>>6742625
A thread without porn is a thread deleted by mods.
>>
>>6742630
That must be why /dgg/ has been deleted every time that anyone starts discussing anything.
Fuck, you're obnoxious.
>>
>>6742625
>This is a porn game thread.
Exactly. It's not a goddamned debate society. The shitpostfest was winding down.

>>6742628
But if that proxy character is fictional, and my HG is also fictional, don't they cancel each other out and become real?
>>
>>6742640
>The shitpostfest was winding down.
Which is why you're bringing it back up pointlessly despite no one else doing so? Fantastic.
>>
>>6742643
The guy was complaining about logical fallacies right after a shit post spree happened. All that was needed was a single bored gaylord going "Like what?", and it would all start up again.
>>
>>6742258
That's the thing, caring this much and adding extra effort to block some content over other while none of it would have to be your work or responsibility it seems only like a needless work for you and potential douchebaggery for everyone, furries and not. Just make a decent engine/game and appreciate the good stuff people make and ignore the shit - will be easier on you and on them.
>>
>>6742657
Do not suffer a furry to live.
>>
>>6742657
It'd be nice if it'd work like that and everything would turn out perfectly fine.
I don't trust that is what would happen though, so I won't risk it.
>>
>>6741262
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miosis
>>
>>6742694
I used "contract" in a later draft.
>>
>>6742726
I'd have just used "adjusting".
>>
>>6742738
But that's so bland and generic

You're probably right though.
>>
File: 1443940848209.jpg (1MB, 1600x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1443940848209.jpg
1MB, 1600x1400px
Decided I'd namefag if I'm gonna work on a game.
I'm that anon who's working on a game where you play as a monster with human slaves/livestock/pets. I'm working on PC creation.
>What monster would you like to play as?
>>
>>6742746
No particular monster, or rather - customizable. Whether you're humanoid, something stereotypical or some something else - I'd rather have that be a potential perk/skill/trait tree to develop over game acquiring new options and possibilities while limiting others.
>>
>>6742746
Will there be a choice and will it effect gameplay?
>>
>>6742746
Succubus
>>
File: 1446422397800.jpg (764KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1446422397800.jpg
764KB, 2000x1500px
>>6742746
A lizard girl, was thinking of pic related just not building sized
>>
>>6742746
>>6742752
Yeah, if it's text only a talent tree with various physical mutations would be cool.

"Grow a horse dick
Requires blah blah (5/5)
Increases whatever by 50%"

Unless that's too much of a furry enabler.
>>
>>6742769
It is
>>
File: 1405095066115.jpg (242KB, 1556x1470px) Image search: [Google]
1405095066115.jpg
242KB, 1556x1470px
>>6742752
I like the way you think. I want basic monsters myself, but I could always set it up so those have templates, or someone can choose to customize-in their waifu/husbando.

>>6742755
Yes and Yes.
>>
>>6742769
Just don't go full CoC and put a ton of furry shit in it and you're good.
>>
>>6742773
Tiny Goblin Pimp
Centaur for that horse dick(ing)
Slime Girl, because Suu is Best Girl
>>
>>6742746
I'm a fan of Minotaur, Centaur, and Tentacle monster, maybe even mind flayer.

Also because autocorrect, dinosaur could be cool too.
>>
File: 1317339190735.png (509KB, 500x975px) Image search: [Google]
1317339190735.png
509KB, 500x975px
>>6742774
>>6742769

Yeaaaah, the sheer amount of furry OCs in CoC killed it for me.
>>
File: tinysnek.jpg (262KB, 850x1301px) Image search: [Google]
tinysnek.jpg
262KB, 850x1301px
>>6742791
Snek is love, snek is life.
>>
>>6742219
>Teenagers also generally fuck other teenagers, not adults.
Almost like there's some slight external pressure involved. :^)

>>6742354
You're the adult, they're the kid. Even if they literally come at you out of the blue with a gun and demand sex then it's you manipulating and raping them. Yes, even if they're two days short of the deadline.

>>6742383
Change the definition of rape to involve consensual sex with kids, you just break the definition of rape, you don't make that sex what "rape" used to mean.

>>6742551
Eye-raping one girl is eye-raping all girls, drawn or not. Shitlord.
Hey, I'm not missing out on good shitposting just because I wasn't here at the right time.
>>
>>6742814
Fucking hell WHY?!
>>
>>6742813
yeah, but snek would be good for one to one relationships only.
Of the Girls, the only ones that would handle owning slaves would be Spider Bitch and Slime Grill.
>>
File: 08.jpg (1MB, 1358x1920px) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
1MB, 1358x1920px
>>6742819
It's about ethics in internet porn game journalism
>>
>>6742826
>not worst fetish, but definitely top 15
>>
>>6742746
>>6742756
male succubus
>>
>>6742830
incubus
>>
>>6742832
No. Male Succubus.
>>
>>6742832
No. Male succubus
>>
>>6742832
he's on /d/ and hasn't seen the Succubus Male stuff.
This is a sad day.
>>
>>6742835
>>6742837
k?
>>
>>6742838
Pretty sure I don't want to know what that is.
>>
File: RJ111595_img_smp1[1].jpg (162KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
RJ111595_img_smp1[1].jpg
162KB, 640x480px
>>6742839
This is a male succubus
>>
>>6742841
So it's basically either a futa sexdemon or a trap incubus?
>>
>>6742841
I saw a doujin about a male succubus the other day too.
I don't get why /v/ loves this shit so much but it gets posted all the time.
>>6742842
No, its a Male Succubus.
>>
File: Page_03[1].jpg (705KB, 1181x837px) Image search: [Google]
Page_03[1].jpg
705KB, 1181x837px
>>6742842
No, anon.
It's a male succubus.

http://exhentai.org/g/608570/42f38c9179/
>>
>>6742843
>>6742845
...is this another one of those "female penis" things?
>>
Male succubi are called incubi you dumbfucks
>>
>>6742848
No, its a japanese thing.
Also, if you actually look at the definitions, a Succubus is a demon which takes life force (semen) from others.
An Incubus is a demon which uses other being life force (semen) to impregnate women.
A Succubus could easily be male, all they need is some holes.
A Female Incubus on the other hand wouldn't make much sense. They'd have to be a Futa.

>>6742853
lol.
>>
>Incubus - from incubare 'lie on'
>Succubus - from succubare 'lie under'
If it's a game where you have potentially male and female humans to fuck, I'll probably just say something like demon.
>>
>>6742853
Well a male who gets fucked by men fits the entomology of succubus. Basically they come from latin and are from incub(āre) (to lie upon) and succub(āre) (to lie under).
>>
>>6742854
To go a bit further into demonology, some accounts consider Succubus and Incubus to be the same demon.
As a Succubus, they would drain the life force, then turn into an Incubus and inpregnate the women.
A "Male Succubus" would be ahead in this game, as they wouldn't have to grow a dick or turn male after draining life force.

>>6742853
lol.
>>
>>6742843
>>6742845
It's either a translator who's shit at translating or japanese artist who's shit at european folklore. Either way, nothing new. Still, if it's female it's always succubus, if it's male it's always incubus.
>>
>>6742864
You are no fun.
Besides, who are YOU to tell a Succubus what gender it is, that's sexist.
>>
>>6742864
This. Simple but that's how it always was traditionally.

To claim different is to go the path of retards who call monster girls furries.
>>
>>6742869
Medieval european folklore doesn't give any shit about sexism. It's badass and not affected by current feminism like that.
>>
>>6742872
>>6742864

Actually, fun fact, both words in Latin use the male ending, as befitting what >>6742862 said. The word is masculine either way.
>>
>>6742877
Fuck you man, Succubus are the original Transgender.
They would change their sex whenever they wanted to and didn't give any fucks.
Just because the MAIN STREAM always says that Succubus are female doesn't mean they actually IS you CIS HET FUCK.
>>
>>6742769
>>6742772
I don't see what's with the insecurity. Just don't too many too blatant complete furry transformation options and you're set. I still don't see why anyone would give a shit in the first place as long as furries don't force us to make characters they want when we play the game.
>>
>>6742882
I don't mind furry stuff at all.
The problem is furries itself
They won't settle until the whole game is filled with furry content
>>
>>6742864
>Still, if it's female it's always succubus
Which is why succubus is a masculine term in Latin, right? Because it's always feminine?
>>
>>6742882
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metastasis
>>
File: 01.jpg (259KB, 1200x1716px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
259KB, 1200x1716px
>>6742822
Oh, right, best in terms of slave-owning capability, Right.

... And now my preferences for the ending of Monster Musume have been totally rewritten. I want switchy Rachnee tying up all the rest (bar Suu because HWTEW) on Darling's orders.
Also a catgirl. That'd be nice.
>>
>>6742880
>Fuck you man, Succubus are the original Transgender.
That's bullshit.

If you clearly refer to them as succubus, then you refer to them as demons in female form. Explicitly. Maybe there were some gender-changing ones in folklore (though I don't recall any and so I suspect you of making shit up) but even if there are, their form is either male or female and then they are either incubus or succubus.

Obvious bait made as a joke aside, the whole fluid gender thing is the mainstream take in porn now. In medieval age, however, not so much.
>>
Y'all niggas got trolled
The whole male succubus thing is a /v/ meme because of this doujin >>6742845
>>
>>6742887
>books are literally male
kek
>>
>>6742885
To be honest, I suspect it's like with any community - people just want content written for their kinks, be it furry, sissy, dickgirl, you name it. Creator simply not buckling under requests and ignoring them altogether while adding content he likes is very easy, obvious and hardly troublesome way of preventing that shit. I mean, it's not like any furry will force him to make the game for them if he won't like it - at most they can try to mod the game or make their own based on it and that still allows the game creator to go do his own thing.

Some people in this thread overreact, like if furries or some other niche kink perverts would plot to kidnap and torture them upon game release to add content they don't want.
>>
>>6742887
>>6742879

Succubus isn't a Latin word. It's a Middle English alteration of the Late Latin 'succuba'.
>>
>>6742900
My hate stems from what happened to CoC, mostly.
I was there when it first started
It was glorious
Then furries came
Then waifu obsessed furries came
Then Fenoxo was furry
Then my soul died
>>
>>6742887
You do need to brush up on your latin if you think that gender form of a noun in the language literally means something has some gender like a biological being. As a yuropoor whose native language also has this gender gimmick (possibly due to some ties with latin, even though it doesn't directly descent from it) I can assure you that this is not the case.
>>
>on /d/ of all places, some fag has a problem with the concept of 'male succubus'
>>
>>6742890
The Wiki article on Incubus has this line
>It became generally accepted that incubi and succubi were the same demon, able to switch between male and female forms.[8] A succubus would be able to sleep with a man and collect his sperm, and then transform into an incubus and use that seed on women. Even though sperm and egg came from humans originally, the spirits' offspring were often thought of as supernatural

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incubus

Myself, I'm pretty sure I read it in one of the fantasy creature books I had. They were surprisingly detailed about alot of creatures I had no idea about.
>>
>>6742904
Well, 7chan tried making a non-furry game but nobody really got on board.
>>
>>6742913
You mean Slablands?
Yeah that was a total disaster from the get go
>>
>>6742914
No, AO7L or whatever
>>
>>6742888
Not viable explanation unless you claim that some furry playing a game with his furry character would somehow fuck up my game I play on my own - a thus a claim which sounds rather stupid.
>>
>>6742914
Huh? Slablands is fine, it's on 4chan and it's being developed. Got even its own threads. What are you on?
>>
>>6742900
The problem lies with furries being obnoxious and driving other people away from projects because they don't want to interact with furries or get annoyed by them at some point.
I have not once seen peaceful coexistence.
>>
>>6742923
Yeah. There is a catch, though
It's shit
>>
>>6742921
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV/AIDS#Sexual
>>
>>6742911
Because it's bullshit. A succubus is a female demon. Just because some Jap made a comic calling a trap demon a succubus, doesn't make it right.
>>
>>6742923
Its been so long since I tried slablands
It never made much sense when I tried it and I don't know if it even had content

>>6742921
Furries infect, they find a thing and then claim it, come to the places where its discussed and shit up the place, and then demand special treatment.
Going Furry is like letting Syrians migrate to your country under the guise of Refugees.
>>
>>6742912
My point still stands, then - shape-changing or not, the term is defined by their currently changed gender. As supported by the very wiki article you link to in the very first sentences:

>An incubus is a demon in male form who, according to mythological and legendary traditions, lies upon women in order to engage in sexual activity with them. Its female counterpart is a succubus.
>>
>>6742928
>a succubus is a female demon
Source?
>>
>>6742933
A Chair is a Chair even if I'm currently using it as a table.
Just because I refer to it as a table doesn't mean its not a chair.
>>
>>6742927
That link makes even less sense in the context. I know you like your cancer/aids memes but they don't do well as actual argument.
>>
>>6742923
>being developed
They've rewritten the opening sequence five or six times and done literally nothing else.
>>6742928
>Because it's bullshit.
According to you and you alone.
>>
>>6742934
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/succubus

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/succubus

Both major dictionaries of the English language state this directly.

>>6742938
See above.
Both major dictionaries of the English language state exactly that.
>>
>>6742935
Actually, no. The form in this case decides the name. It's like political and noble titles in the past - a noble can be a politician of some importance, but the roles are separate, with their own responsibilities and when performing either function the person can legally perform it as one of those, not both. The legally binding documents will be signed by them under their fitting function as well to be binding - they cannot simply choose in which capacity they will attend their work on a whim.
>>
>>6742936
It's basically a shitpost version of >>6742932

>>6742935
If it's camping utility furniture that is currently folded into the form of a table, then it's a table.
>>
>>6742943
So... Its a job title?
Then what's to say that a woman can't be an Incubus or a male be a Succubus
Gender Equality now! Equal Rights for Demons! Repressed Workers want Accurate Representation!
>>
>>6742938
>According to you and you alone.
According to official works on folklore from which the term originated and definitions in respectable dictionaries, too. Check sources for wiki article.

It's like that good comparison brought above - trying to change or simplify the definition for which is what is like people calling monster girls or bunny girls or catgirls or whatever such - furries, because they're technically humanoids with aesthetics based on some animals.
>>
>>6742938
>They've rewritten the opening sequence five or six times and done literally nothing else.
Oh, then I have good news for you. Since the time the opening was reworked new NPC and mobs were added, same with areas and mechanics. It's still not a great or finished game, but it is being developed and holds some promise, especially the more ambitious features like restoring the castle with some customization etc.
>>
>>6742949
It's nto a job title but it's the closest to what I've described - official capacity/role for certain management work. Legally, aforementioned noble had certain powers and responsibilities only in boundaries of certain capacities which led people to do some really funny business like getting some profits and enjoying privileges granted to them by one of their roles even if they were denied such as per demands put on the other.

Other than that, your point about gender equality would be good if not the fact: >>6742877 and since we now talk about whether it's a correct term and that term stems from that folklore, I'd keep succubi absolutely and only female and incubi - male. Japs already butchered so much of western culture and folklore that I'd rather not help them further.
>>
You could at least post some demons while you argue.
>>
>>6742942
A succubus is an entity that can change its shape at will. As long as a serviceable "sluthole" exists, its perfectly reasonable for a succubus to grow a penis or have very small breasts.

Your dictionary example is countered by the wikipedia examples for succubus, as well as any point regarding etymology. Classical demons do not have sexes, and names like succubus and incubus only describe what that particular demon does, not necessarily what it looks like.
>>
>>6742938
Wrong on both accounts. Slablands got a bit further since then and succubi are solely female in form according to official historical definitions.
>>
>>6742950
>>6742974
>official
>make-believe entities created as an excuse for women to cheat on men and claim it's not their fault they got pregnant with someone else's kid
okay
>>
>>6742972
The examples on Wikipedia pretty much say it's a succubus when female and an incubus when male.
I'd also rather trust the two most respected dictionaries for the English language than Wikipedia.
But that's still besides the point of the folklore this stems from, which has the succubus being exclusively female and calling it incubus in male form.
There is literally no basis for calling that specific demon in male form succubus as that is what the term incubus is for.
>>
File: 86826_demoness_123_459lo.jpg (72KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
86826_demoness_123_459lo.jpg
72KB, 427x640px
>>6742971
Well, we pretty much wrapped up. Thanks god that for all the weird shit medieval age scholars did, at least they kept their "succubi = female demons, incubi = male" consistent.

Still, since it's /d/, some pic wouldn't hurt. Here you go.
>>
>>6742972
Even in the works (work, so far as there's only one source regarding that linked to wiki) claiming that they can change their gender, they're still called succubi when female and incubi when male - and only then. All other shit is just artistic license or people fucking terminology up due to ignorance as is the case with that demon shota manga which sparked this debate.
>>
All this demon talk reminded me of something

http://www.fleshcult.com/

How I wish this game was finished/expanded upon
>>
>>6742980
Yeah, they're make believe but just because it's fictional, the things people settled in regards to it isn't any less official.

It's like that even nowadays with brands officially making some fictional character their mascot or works of fiction having official (canon) descriptions/explanations/claims regarding objects, characters, lore and whatnot.
>>
File: 1436615119473.jpg (469KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1436615119473.jpg
469KB, 1000x1000px
>>6742981
I admit it's actually been a while since I read up on succubi.
>>
>>6743000
Dev claims it is finished. Most everyone else disagrees.
>>
>>6742971
I would post pictures, but I stopped saving porn to my PC ages ago.
That and "No Western Art"

Anyway, just to finish my point.
Folklore, bibles and all that shit doesn't really have a say in it anymore. Just because some people defined a thing as something doesn't mean it'll always remain that way, or was ever correct in the first place.
By building on and changing these old stories we can come up with new ones.
Who actually has the right to say that a Succubus can not be male? We already have some examples of it posted in this thread.
If you take the idea that a Succubus form changes to be the thing most aluring to a person, then them apearing as males to some people would make sense also link related http://nhentai.net/g/154687/

Besides, there's always people in this thread begging for more sissy content, let them have their sissy succubus male.
>>
>>6743000
Remember playing that one. Seemed initially interesting but it never got anywhere near the level that could imho defend it well against accusation of being a rip-off given how much cash people dropped for its development.
>>
>>6743005
>Just because some people defined a thing as something doesn't mean it'll always remain that way, or was ever correct in the first place.
Actually the fact that people officially agreed, researched and settled on certain terminology DOES mean it is correct. And it will remain correct. I do agree that it may not always remain this way but if it won't, it'll be because people turned into retards and simply forgot said terminology. They will be incorrect then, they'll just never know it.
>>
>more people saying that one particular definition is the objectively correct one
I suppose in your guys' minds, elves MUST be tall as well, right? Because it's impossible for an entirely fictional term to be bent to the whims of the author.
>>
>>6743005
>We already have some examples of it posted in this thread.
And we have a term for that. It's incubus.
This is the whole "it doesn't matter at all what a term actually means" thing all over again.
Is there one good reason to call a succubus in male form still succubus when there already is a term for that? It's only detrimental to do so and there is no reason to assign something a name of something else, when it already has a name.
If the succubus changes to a male it is called an incubus, no matter for what reason it changes form.
So people can have their sissy content, but it is and always will be sissy incubus content.
>>
>>6743013
It's just as retarded as it gets to call it succubus when there already is a term for it.
And yes, there are correct and incorrect definitions for terms. Language being completely arbitrary won't work.
Just because you don't know the term incubus exists or don't give a damn about it, doesn't make you right when calling an incubus a succubus.
>>
>>6743012
people being wrong collectivley doesn't mean they're right.
See "Politics"

>>6743014
Well, a Succubus takes life force and an Incubus doesn't. So a calling a Male Succubus an Incubus would be wrong, because that's not what's happening.
>>
>>6743019
I wasn't even part of the argument, so you can fuck right off. The previous arguments at least were discussing something that actually exists, a characteristic of humans.
The current argument is basically just
"Ork is spelled with a K!"
"Nuh-uh! Tolkien spelled it with a C so that means that Orc is the official spelling!"
"But GW does it differently!"
"Well Tolkien is older, so he's right."

It's fiction. There is no "correct" term because it's not a thing that actually fucking exists.
>>
>>6743026
By that argument I can also say a succubus is female as that is how they are defined, so calling a male demon a succubus is wrong, because that's not what they are.
Same thing. Only mine is supported by the sources, the folklore, dictionaries and basically every meaningful source for it.
>>
this is /dgg/ morons
>>
>>6743013
>>6743032
In my mind Elves are evil kidnappers that play crule tricks on people.
I actually read some old folklore on them, Shakespear ruined them and then Tolkien made it worse.

These days though, my thoughts on elves is that they are always sluts.
Always.

new thread soon, "No more Demonology edition"
>>
>>6743032
I never claimed you were part of that argument.
You are doing the same thing though.
And your example is completely besides the point and ignoring every definition there is for it, the source material and relies on a few works of modern fiction.
So it is bullshit to assign the term succubus to a male demon when that male demon already has a name.
It's the same as saying it's perfectly justified to say a lime is a lemon. It's simply not the case.
>>
>>6743013
>I suppose in your guys' minds, elves MUST be tall as well, right? Because it's impossible for an entirely fictional term to be bent to the whims of the author.
What you seem to have hard time grasping is difference between agreed upon and seriously researched (not necessarily as fiction when it comes to medieval age) being and terminology regarding it and using that being or whatever else in contemporary works of art in some modified form. Of course some work's author can change it. Said author can decide also that in his headcanon, all old men can be refered to as lolis, every biological creature able to swim or live in water is a fish while every firearm, including vehicle-mounted weapons is a pistol. It may work so in their world of fiction but it won't change at all the fact that they use the terms incorrectly and at odds with official definitions.
>>
>>6743041
Shakespeare wrote on elves?
>>
>>6743048
Midsummer night's dream?
I am sure you heard of it.
>>
>>6743048
Midsummer Night's Dream
The Fairies are Elves
>>
>>6743049
I've heard the name, but I'm not big on plays. Only familiar with the ones I saw through various english classes like Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet.
>>
>>6743046
>It's the same as saying it's perfectly justified to say a lime is a lemon
No it isn't. It isn't in any way, shape, or form. Limes and lemons are separate classifications of living creates that are defined by their DNA.
All demons are purely fiction, and as such any writer can call any demon whatever the fuck he wants. Make Lilith a male? Sure, who the fuck cares; none of it is real, so you can redefine things as you wish.
>>6743047
>all old men can be refered to as lolis, every biological creature able to swim or live in water is a fish while every firearm, including vehicle-mounted weapons is a pistol
Same as above. You are using real, concrete things as examples for why you can't redefine imaginary creates. They aren't even part of the same set, so your logic has a fundamental error behind it.
>>
>>6743026
>people being wrong collectivley doesn't mean they're right.
Thankfully, in this case they're people who are right collectively because it's not like politics, where people agree upon a course of action, but it's people who made and established the term in the first place.

>So a calling a Male Succubus an Incubus would be wrong, because that's not what's happening.
And again, wrong are you. While those demons indeed were claimed to do those things, the differentiation between succubus/incubus doesn't come from their actions but from the form they taken at the time - though I have to note that at that time one and the other was going without differentiation. Again, in case of Jap author, no matter what he'd claim his character does, it's still fucking up the term. At this point he can claim that succubus is a male angelic being leaving money for children in payment for the teeth said children will hide under the pillow at night. It won't make the definition wrong, it will make author's use of definition (even more than now) wrong.
>>
>>6743059
>creates
Fuck, meant organisms the first time and creatures the second.
I am far too tired for this shit.
>>
Please don't bring this shit to the next thread.
>>
>>6743059
>they use the terms incorrectly and at odds with official definitions
There are definitions for it. And while they can use the term that way, it doesn't make it correct to use the term that way. And it being fiction doesn't change anything about it either.
A huge part of language deals with only abstract concepts, which technically aren't a real thing the way you seem to require. That doesn't mean it's sensible to use any of those terms in a way clearly at odds with how it is defined.
>>
>>6743058
you could read the plot on wikiped for a basic idea of what its about.
My point was, original elves were down right bastards, then shakespear made them into this kind of playfull stupidity. Then Tolkien happened.
Tolkien is single handedly responsible for ruining high fantasy, forever.
Not to say I didn't enjoy LotR, but god damn.
>>
>>6743048
Midsummer Night's Dream, Twelfth Night, Two Noble Kinsmen. All contain elves (sometimes called fairies, but described as elves and thought of as synonymous at the time) to a greater or lesser degree. There may be others, I don't remember.
>>
Niggers it's fiction. It's like... I dunno, elves. Someone makes a game where elves are hippy rapebait that just swan about the forest being useless. Someone else makes more Tolkienian elves where they're semi-immortal arrogant murderfiends facing a demographic crisis. Someone else splits the difference and has Wood Elves and High Elves and probably ten other types of elves for shits and giggles.

That there's different definitions of what a succubus is or is not is a good thing because it means there's more options for creators to decide between adding to their creations. "A true burger has cheese" "no a true burger only has a patty and bread" you idiots, any decent burger restaurant will have like twelve different types of burger on the menu and all are 'real' burgers and this variety is a good thing because it caters to different tastes. If you want beetroot and pineapple on your burger I'll think you have shit taste but I won't try to argue that what you're eating isn't a burger.
>>
>>6743059
No, I am not using concrete things, I don't actually physically transform people, swimming organisms or firearms. I am using definitions. That's what this whole discussion is about - terminology. Plus, "loli" refers to female preteen character portrayed in work of fiction (manga/anime), also hardly something "concrete".

By those definitions, I can very well keep calling all swimming things "fish" - it won't really affect actual organisms because reality doesn't give a shit about what we call stuff. But from the standpoint of terminology I will be wrong. Same it is with whatever term. You can call hope "treason", monster girls "paddling llamas", valentine's day "christmas" and that won't change physical world. But it also won't change the fact that definitions of those terms were established and now they're being used wrong.
>>
>>6743073
I'll have a Succubus burger please.
What would be the best board drawthread to get a picture of this?
>>
>>6743073
lookie at >>6743047
>>
>>6743073
The difference is there are definitions for the term succubus. It's clear what it means.
It's more like calling a classic cucumber sandwich a burger and then wondering why people think you are wrong.
So why assign that term to something it is not when there already is a name for it?
Why call a cucumber sandwich a hamburger, when you can simply call it a cucumber sandwich?
Sure, you can have different versions of succubi, like you can have different versions of a hamburger, but that doesn't make a cucumber sandwich a hamburger.
>>
>>6743068
Really? You're legitimately trying to argue that there is no difference between outright fiction such as a succubus an abstract concept such as love?
I am saying that your "official definitions" are just as bullshit as Merriam-Webster's "official definition" of an orc.
>>6743074
You're closer this time, at least you pulled one of your terms from the same set: monster girls. The rest of it is still entirely irrelevant because it's not even in the same realm.
But let's look at monster girls, because you brought them up. If I define a succubus as a monster girl, am I wrong?
What about if I call a trap a monster girl? Am I wrong then?
Or if I call a literal horse a monster girl?
At what point is does my arbitrary use of a purely fictitious term become "wrong"?
>>
>>6743083
a hamburger is also a sandwich.
a sandwich is also called a sub in some places.
a Male Incubus Sub would be doing the job of a Succubus
a Male Incubus Sub is a Succubus
Subccubus
There we go, we have a new term for "Male Succubus"
>>
lol autism
>>
>>6743089
Hamburgers and subs are both specific (and different) things. Whether a hamburger is a sandwich might be contested.
>>
>>6743085
I am not arguing there is no difference.
I am arguing it is retarded to use a term for something it is not.
I even specifically stated it does not matter whether it is fiction or not. If you are wrong, you are simply wrong and are not suddenly right just because it's fiction.

>At what point is does my arbitrary use of a purely fictitious term become "wrong"?
It definitely becomes wrong when there are official definitions of it and source material, but you simply ignore all of it and decide to assign the term to something else.
>>
>>6743047
>>6743080
If such a piece of fiction was written, it is unlikely that those definitions would become popular enough to enter the lexicon, so people would just refer to it as [author]ian loli/fish/pistols, just like Tolkienian is a descriptor. But if by some chance it does become popular enough that those become widely accepted definitions, then I'm sure people like you will rail fruitlessly against it, and try to appeal to authority by citing dictionaries and 'official' definitions, even though language is formed by consensus rather than any official body and any appeal to authority is inherently stupid.
>>
>>6743094
Please tell me what official body has dictatorial control over the English language. That would be interesting to know.
>>
>>6743093
How is a hamburger not a sandwich?
>>
>>6743093
you are seriously no fun.
Also, are you denying the possibility of putting Burgers into Subs?
How do you explain the American Navy?
>>
>>6743100
Because it's a hamburger.
>>
>>6743095
I'd heavily contest the claim that a succubus is widely accepted to include male versions.
Go and ask people on the street to tell you what a succubus is.

>>6743097
So you are ignoring everything else that was said to nit pick now?
>>
>>6743094
>official definitions of it and source material
>Tolkien spelled it orc and Merriam-Webster agrees, every other spelling is objectively incorrect.
>>
Holy fuck you faggots. Did you also get your panties in a bunch when MGQ described their abominations as "angels"? Fuck off.
>>
>>6743108
You're building your entire argument on top of a ridiculous appeal to non-existent authority. Why pick away at every card in the house when it's built on such unstable foundations?
>>
>>6743074
>>6743083
>>6743061
These are correct.

People make certain fictional creatures all the time, but once they get established you can get them wrong. You can decide that angels are a kind of ghosts with spikes on their arms banding into packs and terrorizing villages - but that still will be incorrect definition in comparison with established role and description of the beings (which unless you are a believer, you will consider fictional no less than succubi). Definitions of some terms may change over time or some terms can have several definitions (like how 'demon' was defined differently from the standpoint of different spiritual traditions) but that's not the case here when we talk about succubi as of lewd demons - which are from judeochristian mythology and thus are defined by terms those who established them in said mythology created. The same way "youkai" will be a term for a japanese counterpart to a demon in japanese mythology - and while you can make up new shit like "giant crab creatures from Kansas", calling them "youkai" will be misuse of the term, no matter how fictional they are.
>>
>>6743095
What I would do or not is not important. We talk about proper use of some term. If it'd become widely accepted definition, then it'd become that but from the standpoint of original definition of the term, it'd be still wrong.
>>
>>6743118
That was literally only the case when asked for source.
For the rest? My main argument is "Why assign a term to something it is not when there already is a term for what you want to assign it to?"
That's just plain dumb to do.
>>
>>6743119
>once they get established you can get them wrong

Then Tolkien was wrong about pretty much everything in his books.
>>
>>6743125
This so much.
it felt like he couldn't keep his own world together at some points.
I'm still not sure if there was actually any difference between Goblins and Orcs in Hobbit and LotR. It just seemed like he got the names wrong at some point.
>>
File: 2045122188.jpg (194KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2045122188.jpg
194KB, 1600x1200px
>>6743069
That's okay, just call them the Fae instead, that's got the original set of "kidnapping, unfair deals with high interest, bored magical assholes who love stories" associations without so much of the ALFS ARE GOOD AND NOBLE FOLKS
>>
>>6743124
See >>6743109
You are literally arguing that writers are not allowed to have artistic freedom when it comes to fiction. Unless those writers died before you were born, in which case their words are have already been canonized and are immutable.
>>
>>6743125
So? He was using terms for something it is not.
That changed over time, but back then he was wrong with how he used the term.
It is due to his success people now associate what he wrote about with those terms.
It was still incorrectly using terms back then.
How does that change anything? Is Tolkien somehow incapable of being wrong?
>>
>>6743132
Tolkien is incapable of being right, but everyone would disagree with you on that point.
>>
>>6743130
That's not what I am saying.
I already said they can use it anyway they like, but that doesn't make their definition correct.
And deliberately using a term for something it is not when there is already a term for it, is a dumb thing to do, artistic freedom or not.
>>
>>6743140
>And deliberately using a term for something it is not when there is already a term for it, is a dumb thing to do

So metaphors and analogies are dead to you?
>>
>>6743140
>And deliberately using a term for something it is not when there is already a term for it, is a dumb thing to do, artistic freedom or not.
Anybody looking for the single most retarded sentence of this entire retarded debate, look no further.
>>
>>6743125
Yes, Tolkien didn't correctly characterize álfar but in his case, álfar of folklore were merely an inspiration and a name for completely different type of creature (hell, and even that name wasn't taken whole - álfar vs elves) bearing only some (and not many) of original beings' characteristics while set in a completely different, officially fictional world. For the same reason I don't contest an example of angels being a giant half-ghost biomecha as portrayed in Neon Genesis Evangelion. In case of the succubi though, especially in this example, with this manga, it was clearly based on historically established IRL definition of succubi together with associated traits and motives - it's just the author (or the translator) who fucked up one core attribute, gender, out of ignorance - which makes his situation quite different to that of Tolkien's.
>>
>>6743144
You can't differentiate between a stylistic device and simply trying to redefine a term in your work of fiction?
Way to move goalposts.

>>6743146
Probably samefag.
>>
File: ..png (696KB, 954x838px) Image search: [Google]
..png
696KB, 954x838px
Is this a pink loli elf?
>>
>>6743140
>correct
You keep on using that term.
Why don't you think about why you think it's correct?
>Because dictionaries define it that way
Where do they get their definition?
>Folklore specialists define it that way
Where do they get their definition?
>Medieval European writers
Ah, there we go. Some writers used the word that way roughly a millennium ago and now their definitions are objectively correct in your mind.
Do you see why people are frustrated with you now? You are just using circular reasoning as to why your definition is correct.
>>
>>6743157
The pinkest, loliest, most elf.
>>
>>6743149
You'd think that Hell would get with the times though.
I mean, it is 2016.
They've had years to get better at this kind of thing, but we've had years of not studying the technological advances they've made.
For all we know they've updated all demons to be multiclass.
>>
>>6743159
Go and ask people on the street what a succubus is and whether it's male and female then. See what result you get.
So yes, someone came up with the concept and gave it a name. That definition is established and widely accepted as well.
If you are not arguing for complete arbitrariness of language, what more do you need for that to be the definition?
>>
File: 1455123968213.jpg (52KB, 400x379px) Image search: [Google]
1455123968213.jpg
52KB, 400x379px
>>
>>6743157
By "who cares about correct definition" folks, who knows, possibly.

Speaking of which, I dare everyone who think that definition of something does not matter because it is a fictional being to contact moderators and then start posting porn of anthropomorphic animals eating each other, just calling them "pixies" - pixies are not against the rules so it shouldn't bother anyone, right?
>>
>>6743166
If you did this, you'd probably get someone bitching at you for defining a succubus as a gender.
See >>6742869 and
>>6742880
>>
>>6743163
Maybe, maybe, but till we'll get official memo with copies sent to every spiritual and national leader (as well as linguist groups responsible for updating dictionaries, as a courtesy) we're stuck with what we have.
>>
>>6743172
Then you'd have found the tumblr SJW.
>>
>>6743166
Argumentum ad populum, anon.
>Someone came up with the concept and gave it a name, which means that anyone else who does the exact same thing is wrong.
My entire point is that there is a fundamental difference between things that exist and things that do not. It is impossible for any definition of "succubus" to be incorrect because it is fundamentally incapable of having a "correct" definition.

>>6743170
God fucking damn it. This was just bait the whole time?
You're good, anon. What board trained you to be this good at baiting?
>>
>>6743170
This is the exact excuse people use to post "Scalies"
Also Anthro vehicles, like planes.

Monster Girls get a pass if they have a human torso generally.
See the Furry Scale.

>>6743176
And it would be amazingly funny.
>>
>>6743172
Nah, he wouldn't. Liberal genderluidity extremists aren't yet outnumbering everyone else, at least not in the most of the world.
>>
>>6743178
First you complain about arguing there are official definitions.
Then you argue about asking the people what it means.
Sure, you can simply claim any and all source is completely invalid for anything, but that doesn't help.
Why did I bring up asking the people? Because people kept complaining you can't just look at the dictionary, it's about how the term is used. Now I am saying find out how it's used and you say that's wrong as well.
In that case you can use any term for anything you like and every definition is and always will be absolutely arbitrary, so nothing means anything anymore.

You never explained why there would be a difference between something that exists and something that does not when it comes to definition.
Why can the one be defined and the other not?
>>
>>6743178
>it is fundamentally incapable of having a "correct" definition
I disagree. It is very much capable and in fact it already acquired a correct definition due to the term being invented and propagated in medieval age to describe this particular type of creature of these particular traits.
>>
We're on page 9.
>655 replies
Well at least this thread kept me entertained.
I was gonna fap but now I'm not sure if I have the time.
>>
>>6743061
This. Original definition by the people who invented this shit is more correct than anything else right now.

Now, can we get back to talking about actual /d/ games?
>>
>>6743202
No, never.
This is now definition discussion general.
>>
>>6743206
Damn. Whole day I had no one to talk about nerdy definitions with and now that I am tired and would rather talk about lewd games, this is sprang on me. This is just cruel. Anyway, I've said what I think about all this shit already now so now I will go to bed. See you in the new thread since this one will likely soon tank.
>>
>>6743206
>This is now definition discussion general.
Good. Maybe now we can clear things up for people that use the term "trap" wrong.
It always just causes a little twing in the back of my mind every time someone calls any guy that puts on a dress a trap.
>>
>>6743187
You've been replying to two or more people, anon.
>Why can the one be defined and the other not
Because one does not exist. I can say that flib-flabs are a subspecies of Eldar and I wouldn't be wrong because it isn't real and has literally no basis in reality whatsoever.
I know that's just circular reasoning, but it's like trying to explain to a toddler that the universe exists. No amount of reason will ever make it through to them because they disagree with you on the fundamental rules of every single part of the argument. You are determined that everyone is "incorrect" unless they use the term in the exact same way as Medieval Europeans did. Your supporting evidence is that people who agree with them have the same opinion.
>>6743191
>It is correct because it is
>>
>>6743221
Yeah, you've gotta be some kinda pit or trip wire at least.
>>
>>6743222
>It is correct because it is
It is correct because that's the definition people who made the term and propagated it gave it. Same with any term, ancient or modern.
>>
>>6743223
Even just something the closes a door would be acceptable.
>>
>>6743221
Oh, oh, now that succubi thing was explained (seriously, it seems done, the only people who are still arguing are obstructionists who won't dare to check the definition) I want to stab at it - trap is a male who looks feminine enough to trick others into consider him a female while a guy who puts a dress is just a transvestite, right?
>>
>>6743231
So, technically, a trap is usually (but not necessarily) a transvestite, but not every transvestite can be a decent trap.
>>
>>6743231
yes
>>
>>6743226
Alright, anon. Let's switch gear a bit, then.
Prove that your definition is correct.
>People use it that way
That's not what I asked. Prove it.
>>6743231
>the only people who are still arguing are obstructionists who won't dare to check the definition
Are you incapable of reading? I am saying that Merriam-Webster's opinion on the meaning of the term succubus is just a definition, not the "correct" definition.
>>
>>6743231
Kind of. Transvestites are implied to still look manly, while traps are girly. Androgynous men are the root of the controversy.
>>
>>6743231
but could an Incubus ever be considered a trap?
>>
>>6743237
>Prove that your definition is correct.
I am not the anon you were arguing with earlier but the definition I use I believe correct because it's the one that came with the invention of the term and invention (supposedly, "discovery" or "confirmed report") of the being the term refers to. The same definition was then accepted by appointed officials shaping, contemplating and judging the validity of data regarding the religion in the mythology of which the being was functioning. Officials who agreed on that particular definition. Since even the now mainstream, pop-culture references to said being are refering to the being from that judeochristian mythology, the definition for it stemming fromt hat mythology takes precedence over any other.
>>
>>6743247
Dunno, possible. There were no accounts I know of of trap incubi/succubi though if we go by physical gender, including genitalia I guess an incubus could be considered a trap. Certainly it would make more sense than in case of succubus if we'll establish that trap is "physically a male who is able to hide his gender and fool people into thinking he's a female" as succubi couldn't be male as long as the term succubi was applying to them.
>>
>>6741584
I know that's not true, because a lot of RAGS games can have their values found by searching double. No Haven and Whorelock's dev intentionally obfuscated the values using the tables in the RAGS Designer Suite.
>>
>>6743244
I wouldn't worry about that. The deal seems simple to me - if androgynous guy can still look girly enough to make people think he's a girl, then he managed to become a trap at least as far as those fooled people are concerned. If not, then he's not a trap or he's barely succesful trap. After all, one person can be a better trap than the other.
>>
>>6743252
Excellent proof as to why that is a definition, but not why it is the "correct" one. Nothing in your post invalidates any other use of the term.
>>
>>6743267
It's correct by the same token established in our civilization that any other definition functions - a description initially most propagated and/or created by and for the term it's meant to define. To oppose that is to oppose criteria and process of establishing definitions in general - potentially amusing as a mental/philosophical exercise but needlessly disruptive from the standpoint of current conversation where basic established criteria for deciding if definition is correct are taken for granted.
>>
>>6743267
The fact that other uses of the term do not fit that initial, first definition invalidates those other uses if they attempt to invalidate the definition.
>>
>>6743282
>>6743283
You guys seem to have a fundamentally different view towards linguistics than I do. You live in a binary reality: it is either wrong or right. I look at it more like the natural numbers. Some include zero, others don't. That doesn't make either of the definitions incorrect, though.
>>
>All these anons arguing semantics.
>They don't realize it really has nothing to do with English, but with Japanese and it's lack of using gendered titles, and consequent misusing of loanwords.

For them, emperor can be used for both female and male rulers. It's probably the same thing for succubus, when they assume or use it as a unisex title. So when you translate it from Japanese, you can either do it technically correct as say, "male succubus," or re-write it to make it more grammatically correct and use gendered titles ("incubus").
>>
>>6743339
That's why my initial statement that either the author or the translator fucked up. In the situation you present, it's the translator's fuckup, likely.
>>
>>6743304
Even in non-binary take at it, the definition I've mentioned would take precedence for reasons I've pointed out though at this point it is like I've said merely an exercise, not a practical approach toward solving a problem.
>>
>>6743384
Let's dispel once and for all with this fiction that the translator doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing.
>>
>>6743384
>Author fucked up
>By following rules of Japanese grammar rules when writing a story in Japanese

>Author fucked up
>By translating the words literally when no appropriate term exists in English

It's no one's fault. It's just one of those terms with no direct translation. Most titles are gendered in English. Most titles are not gendered Japanese. Simple as that. Not everything has a correct and perfect answer.
>>
>>6743425
Go to bed, Little Marco, you're drunk.
>>
anybody know if the selectacorp Celesta U has a demo out to Patreons yet?
>>
>>6743172

fucking council of nicea
>>
File: 1427587700028.jpg (36KB, 671x862px) Image search: [Google]
1427587700028.jpg
36KB, 671x862px
tfw no Scylla/Charybdis gf
>>
Back to work on Venture. I had a nice short video demonstrating the animated statbars I just got working, but ffmpeg is so horribly fucking broken that it flips it, turns it green, and then mirrors it for no fucking reason when I convert it to webm.

So, I'll work on character integration instead.
>>
New thread where?
>>
>>6743726
when thread reaches page 10
>>
>>6743636
If a Scylla is an octopus girl (i refuse to accept that thing from Monster Girl Quest as such), what would Charybdis be?
>>
File: 654354435.jpg (95KB, 344x520px) Image search: [Google]
654354435.jpg
95KB, 344x520px
>>6743740
>>
>>6743745
The hell is that, a rock?
>>
File: 24525454.png (880KB, 1893x898px) Image search: [Google]
24525454.png
880KB, 1893x898px
>>6743753
ya
>>
New thread is up:
>>6743763

>>6743763

>>6743763
>>
>>6743222
Yes, it is circular reasoning and therefore simply bullshit. Ergo you have absolutely no basis for your claim. You are just saying it is that way because you want it to be.
Your example of the universe's existence isn't the best either, as there is direct evidence for the universe existing, although there are still theories about it, some wild, others not.
You can actually talk about this and discuss this, which is frequently done.
Your theory just amounts to "that's how I want it to be and therefore that's how it is now for everyone", which is plain bullshit.

>>6743237
You are arguing for complete arbitrariness of terms (as long as they are fictitious).
Neither how people use the term nor written definitions are viable sources to you.
Go ahead, use those terms in a completely arbitrary manner and see how well that works for communicating with people.
>>
>>6743478
This has nothing to do with grammar, but with assign a wrong term.
You wouldn't claim calling a female parent the father is a grammer mistake, would you?

The appropriate term would have been incubus, so it does exist as well.
What I see as most likely is the author messing up and the translator not fixing the author's mistake when using a wrong term.
Provided the author used the term succubus and not some Japanese variant.
>>
>>6743938
>>6743945
inb4 404?
>>
>>6743947
It's hit bump limit, so it doesn't matter.
/d/ is not exactly the fastest board either.
And the knew thread is discussion of furry shit, so fuck that.
I don't even play FC, but I'd still prefer them making it /fcg/ again.
>>
>>6743938
Anon, you seem to have missed a couple of posts. >>6743304
I am not arguing for "complete arbitrariness of terms" regardless your confirmation bias making you think that I am. How about this: You state your thesis and I will state mine. I am saying that it is only possible to argue the "correctness" of a term if it is something that actually exists. Otherwise there cannot be a correct or incorrect definition.
>Your example of the universe's existence isn't the best either
Your reading comprehension could use some work, you know that? The focus of that was the line "No amount of reason will ever make it through to them because they disagree with you on the fundamental rules of every single part of the argument," not the specific example of arguing the universe's existence.
>>
>>6743993
Is there a correct definition of the term "cold fusion"?
>>
>>6744001
No. "cold fusion" is the name given to the theoretical phenomenon, but if someone were to actually achieve it (or even show a model for how it could occur) and name it something else, that would then be correct.
Once again, it really seems like we have a fundamental disagreement about linguistics. You think I am arguing for the arbitrariness of language, and it seems to me that you are arguing for the immutability of language.
>>
>>6743993
>I am saying that it is only possible to argue the "correctness" of a term if it is something that actually exists. Otherwise there cannot be a correct or incorrect definition.
And you have provided zero basis as to why that should be so. No argument, no reason, nothing. You just keep saying that it is that way, which is simply not the case.
Why should the distinction between definitions of something fictitious and something real even be made in the first place?
So yes, unless you can give even a hint of a reason for this, I will completely disregard this as plain wrong. Because that is how theories without any basis need to be treated, especially if the proponent of the theory admits his only basis is for it is rooted in circular reasoning, which is no reasoning at all.

>No amount of reason will ever make it through to them because they disagree with you on the fundamental rules of every single part of the argument
For that you would need to provide some reason in the first place.
All you are providing is a baseless theory.
That is the difference I tried to get at with saying your example is a poor one. As opposed to your claims, that example does have some reason behind it.

>>6744009
I am not >>6744001
But yes, by claiming there is no correct definition for something fictitious, you are in fact arguing for arbitrariness in regards to those terms, whether you like it or not.
In saying there can not be a right or a wrong definition, you are basically saying I can't be wrong no matter how I use that term.
And there most certainly is a correct definition of cold fusion. Otherwise you couldn't exactly talk about the concept very well. You don't need to achieve cold fusion for defining what it is.
It is a physical phenomenon (potentially fictitious) based on the combination of two very real physical phenomenons. You'd have to alter the definition of either one of those to define cold fusion any other way than it is defined.
>>
>>6744071
>All you are providing is a baseless theory.
What, and you aren't? You're both incapable of providing evidence. Your post here is "I am right because you are wrong."
You are acting like Hitchen's razor applies to him but not you, because *obviously* your claims are true.
>>
>>6744081
He is claiming there needs to be a distinction between terms describing something fictitious and terms describing something real.
I am saying there is no basis for that distinction.
Last I checked the one advocating a distinction needs to provide reasons for why that should be the case.

I am basically arguing for the status quo, for having definitions remain what they are and not be arbitrary just because they are applied to something fictitious.

It's also not hard to argue that definitions can't simply be arbitrary, even when they are applied to something fictitious, based on the very purpose of language.
Sure, terms do change and sometimes that is a good thing, but doesn't mean there are no correct definitions for things.
If your definition neither fits what is widely accepted to be the definition of that term, nor how it is used in a scientific environment or laid down in dictionaries, your definition is simply wrong (at the time) due to the purpose of language being communication.
>>
recommend me your best torture game /d/
>>
File: image.jpg (159KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159KB, 960x640px
So is this girl programmed in, or
>>
>>6743032
>"Ork is spelled with a K!"
>"Nuh-uh! Tolkien spelled it with a C so that means that Orc is the official spelling!"
>"But GW does it differently!"
GW spells it as "Ork" in wh50k and "Orc" in WHFB.
>>
>>6745107
Probably not if she's from a random event.
Thread posts: 710
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.