[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

capekino

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

So.....this is the long hypothesized capekino

will lightning strike twice?
Is anything else capekino?

There are so few film adaptations that are good films AND good adaptations of the source material.....is it possible to happen again?

Where has every other cape film gone wrong?
Why is adapting superhero comics to live-action so difficult?
>>
>>95238196
Wonder Woman was okay but Superman 1 and BvS were better. MoS was about the same.
>>
>>95238287
>Wonder Woman was okay but Superman 1 and BvS were better.
>MoS was about the same.
anon pls

I like the DCEU thus far, I loved MoS and BvS but they're really really weak movies.
I like their spin on the source material, but I dont think BvS or MoS really achieved the heights Synder was looking for.

Donner Superman is just not my think at all, I dont like his superman at all.
>>
In order for the DCEU to succeed moving forward, Justice League has to make people interested in Aquaman the same way BvS made people interested in Wonder Woman. And then his solo movie has to be as good as hers was.

Also WB execs need to stop jerking each other off and figure out what they're going to do with Batman, Joker, and Harley Quinn movies.
>>
>>95240017
>Also WB execs need to stop jerking each other off and figure out what they're going to do with Batman, Joker, and Harley Quinn movies.
I dont know if there's even a whole entire brain between the WB and Sony execs
>>
File: Supergrim.png (338KB, 612x692px) Image search: [Google]
Supergrim.png
338KB, 612x692px
>>95240017
>what they're going to do with Batman, Joker, and Harley Quinn movies.
Keep making them? That's where the easy money lies. Those characters don't require a quarter billion dollars in bloated CGI budgetry.
>>
Is the only good DCEU movie so far but is not "kino"

Better than all MCU origin movies so far though except maybe Gotg
>>
>>95242698
It's definitely not better than iron man
>>
>>95238196
I don't know if Wonder Woman was capekino but it was hands down the best superhero movie this year.
>>
>>95238196
Fuck off back to >>>/tv/.
>>
Cap 2 and IM1 were better
>>
>>95238196
That movie was so great that it sold less tickets than Homecoming.
>>
>>95238196
Wonder Woman is over hyped garbage.
>Can't act
>Laughable every time she's not just trying to be a pretty face
>somehow making WORSE villains than the MCU
>shitfest 3rd act
>pointless deathscene motivation

only good things in this movie were some of the directing shots, the costuming and Chris Pine. Somehow Patty and Chris saved this shitfest
>>
File: Thor-Ragnarok-2-1-600x888.jpg (144KB, 600x888px) Image search: [Google]
Thor-Ragnarok-2-1-600x888.jpg
144KB, 600x888px
>>95242851
The year isn't over
>>
>>95243663
I'm really excited for Ragnarok, but given the first two Thor films, and the MCU in general, do you really think its gonna be better than WW?
>>95243501
source?
>>
I shouldn't bother asking what the fuck kino means, should I
>>
>>95238196
>There are so few film adaptations that are good films
There are like five and WW is not one of them. It's a mediocre movie, but a good cape movie.
>>
>>>/tv/
>>
>>95245067
>a mediocre movie, but a good cape movie.
That doesn't make any sense.
>>95243612
>the MCU in general, do you really think its gonna be better than WW
The irony is strong here.
>>
>>95245164
What's so hard to understand? It's your average action flick targeted at the average joe, nothing particularly great or bad about it as a movie. It brings nothing new to the table and doesn't bring any innovation to the genre. It's a fun movie, don't get me wrong, but the only impressive thing it did was not being terrible.
Well, not like my opinion matters anyway, it'll get an oscar solely because they made a very "daring" and "brave" decision to make a super hero movie with a female lead.
>>
>>95244227
>I'm really excited for Ragnarok, but given the first two Thor films, and the MCU in general, do you really think its gonna be better than WW?
First of all, it has nothing to do with the first two Thor movies. None have had the same director, and the setting, context, and tone are all clearly very different.

As for "the rest of the MCU" ... so what? WW is better than the rest of the DCEU, there's no reason Ragnarok can't stand out too.
>>
>>95238325
Oh. But WW isn't weak?
>>
>>95245319
I agree I'm just saying there is no need to separate cape films from "normal" films.
>>
>>95244227
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=spiderman2017.htm
>>
>>95245455
Why not? Cape flicks are a genre, they can be rated on their own
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.