[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Woody right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: 1503235279505.jpg (244KB, 564x815px) Image search: [Google]
1503235279505.jpg
244KB, 564x815px
Is Woody right?
>>
>>94795637
Y'know I never actually read this comic all the way through because I took it for standard bait but what a fucking asshole.
>>
Woody's a fucking cunt but the driver isn't exactly winning me over on his explanation for the Dark Knight.
>>
>>94795637
Is Woody wrong?
>>
>>94795637
There was nothing about Guantanamo in TDK
>>
>>94795950
It's called subtlety, screenwriters that aren't Zack Snyder tend to use it.
>>
>>94796306
Ayn Rand in a nutshell.
>>
>>94795637
>Those self important assholes who think they're superior to others because of the opinions they hold and the things they like.
>I'm so glad I'm not dumb like them.
>>
>>94795637
Wilson's a piece of shit but he's not wrong here.
>>
All I'm getting from this is that the guy in the back is the kind of asshole who would bring kids to a midnight premiere of a PG-13 movie.
>>
>>94795637
nah not really
>>
>>94795637
They both sound like cunts but at least the driver's only fault is just being really bad at explaining himself. And liking cape films.
>>
>>94795637
I think the author is kind of missing whole the point. It is an adult oriented flick with some adult themes. Sure, it's not going to be extremely deep, but it's not as shallow as the author tries to portray it here; nor is the movie supposed to be viewed that way. It's just a form of entertainment(which incidentally led to BG4U). Also the correlation between a movie touching base on adult themes and a false sense of importance really makes no sense in this context.
>>
>>94795637
I feel like the guy who did this will be a senior citizen soon for some reason
>>
>>94795637
He sounds like an elitist tool who can't enjoy silly things like TDK for what they are, which for me makes him just as bad as an uncultured person who only consumes the lowest form of entertainment.
>>
After actually paying attention to the dialogue in this comic, I don't even think this guy heard or cared about what the taxi driver even said. His response doesn't make any sense. It's just a straight up insult.

>You see the Dark Night?
"No, it looks childish."
>I don't think so, it has some-
"Super heroes are for ugly and stupid people. Just like patriotism and religion."
>>
>>94796518
>silly things like TDK
The fuck? TDK is a legitimate work of art.
>>
>>94795637
Christ, what an asshole
>>
Wilson is just being a cunt like always.
>>
>>94796475
I don't think Wilson's opinions are necessarily Daniel Clowes' own.

I guess it's hard to tell without context of the rest of the comic.
>>
>>94796557
Why should he care what a self-important ugly idiot has to say when he already has the rest of the conversation planned out in his head?
>>
>>94795637
Basically, he's just laughing at people for enjoying things.
>I'm so above all that! My intellect puts me on much higher than NORMAL people
A truly smart man would just enjoy fiction for what it is. And would probably recognize they aren't really "above" anything.
>>
>>94796709
>A truly smart man would just enjoy fiction for what it is. And would probably recognize they aren't really "above" anything.
>having this opinion
>on /co/
>on the internet
>>>/out/
>>
>>94796643
Actually they are, which is why Clowes is crap.
>>
>>94796557
I thought it felt weird like that

it's so disconnected and lacks any flow at all , it's basically just a soapbox for his opinions
>>
File: 1471303094698.png (39KB, 290x336px) Image search: [Google]
1471303094698.png
39KB, 290x336px
>>94796748
Sorry, I'll stop enjoying things immediately.
>>
>>94796748
taking that lowhanging fruit real quick
>>
>>94796785
That's what I was reading, so glad I'm not alone. It really does feel disjointed; like a friend that when you're discussing one topic, like movies, they suddenly dive into a different one when there's no correlation.
>>
>>94796709
Good post but it makes me sad because people on /tv/ behave exactly like you describe and they don't see anything wrong with it.
>>
>>94795637
I'm not reading that comic, I don't have children.
>>
>>94796843
I don't know about the comic but the movie certainly makes him look like a satirical character, like Rick, or Archie Bunker. Just an over the top guy whose opinions you aren't seriously supposed to believe are correct.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48cCcaxIi_E
>>
>>94796557
Yeah. It's Wilson. The point is that he's a self-absorbed asshole.
>>
>>94795637
>haha I'm so perceptive guys
>haha I can't enjoy anything unless it's 2deep4u guys
>haha life is meaningless am I profound yet guys
>>
>>94796759
t. butthurt capeshitter
>>
>>94797131
Not at all, he's just crap. There are a lot of great indie cartoonists out there, Clowes is not one of them.
>>
>>94797159
Such as?
>>
>>94797025
It's hard to say since I've never read the comic and know nothing about the creator, but something is always lost when going from one medium to the next. Plus, Woody Harrelson is just GOAT; he can turn most shitty movies good through is presence and acting.
>>
>>94795637
The guts sounds like a pretentious prick
>>
>>94797187
Burns, McKean, Powell, Dalrymple, DeForge, Jesse Jacobs, Ware...
>>
>>94795783
The driver was just enthusiastic to talk about a film he enjoyed. His explanation was terrible, but the other guy is a jackass, he belittles the driver just for wanting to talk about a movie.
>>
>>94795637
This page is perfect for baiting when taken out of context because within the context of the entire comic it's clear that the character is a self absorbed asshole who makes bad decisions but still thinks he's better than everyone else.
>>
>>94797270
Out of context stuff always makes good bait.
>>
>>94796515
There are some people who act old pretty early on in life. They're usually miserable to talk to.
>>
>>94797445
The people who do that are usually younger than me.
>>
>>94797463
A lot of them are, yeah, but they run the age gamut. It's just more noticeable when you see someone younger than you acting like a crotchety old dick.
>>
Clowes is one of the most overrated cartoonist right now. All of his comics look the same and he just soapboxes about how smart he is. He's the kid from catcher in the rye as a real person.
>>
>>94795637
is the neckbeard supposed to be autistic?
>>
File: 1491024746217.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491024746217.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
>>94795637
Its amazing that both people were 100% wrong, i guess in the end the autor was making fun of the viewer for reading this garbage, pretty clever
>>
>>94800072
Uh,
>>
>>94799211
>quirky character must be autistic
Sigh.
>>
File: wilson_57.jpg (879KB, 1600x2215px) Image search: [Google]
wilson_57.jpg
879KB, 1600x2215px
>>94795679
The book is still worth a look.

>>94796407
Close. Here he's about to get arrested for technically kidnapping his long-lost daughter
>>
File: wilson_11.jpg (1MB, 1600x2215px) Image search: [Google]
wilson_11.jpg
1MB, 1600x2215px
>>94796557
>I don't even think this guy heard or cared about what the taxi driver even said.

Yeah, that's what his character is like in the entire comic.
>>
>>94803289
>>94803312
What's up with the art style change? Isn't this one book?
>>
>>94797025
Is the scene where he insults the Nazi in the comics? I feel like that would be a useful image.
>>
>>94803423
He switches up styles throughout the book.
>>
>>94795637

Yes. Holy shit do I not like the Nolan movies, or Nolan in General. There's always amazing cinematography but I can't stand the way he mixes, wherein the music and sound effects will be loud and blaring and drown out all the dialogue (Fun fact, I had no idea what Bale's Batman was saying in the Dark Knight after the enhanced interrogation scene, so it completely went over my head that batman was going after Rachel but Joker switched their locations around). It was funny though that, since no one could understand Tom Hardy at test screenings, they mixed his audio waaaay up and he was the only one I could consistently understand in the Dark Knight Rises because his voice sounded like it was booming from all directions. I hate that the characters don't talk to each other as so much as they get into Philosophical discussions/arguments with one and other, or offer exposition. Even the Bank Manager has some philosophical/moral code he imparts between shotgun shells in The Dark Knight.

Also Batman is more of a Rich asshole with anger issues and more money than sense then he is a Detective. I know that Batman uses cool technology to help him reach conclusions, but he at least does SOME investigatory work and speculating and doesn't let the damn machines do it all for him. Also for a supposedly "realistic" movie, that was some fucking asspull with his computer generating a fingerprint based on fragments of a bullet (That I'm not sure he had).

Also, White people here probably don't care when it happens to other races, but there is something infuriating when you take two of the Caped Crusader's most well known and established villains of some color (Middle Eastern for Ras, Latino for Bane) and turn them into the Whitest mother fuckers ever. Like Tom Hardy is so White, his skin reflects light. If you wanted to use Henry Ducard, use Henry Ducard, you dick.

I have more to say but I keep hitting the word limit, and at this point I'm just going to be nitpicking.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.