[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bendis Daredevil Pt. 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 230

Prior threads are here. Just examined where we're gonna end up and this is gonna be a stellar thread.
>>94631692
>>94657449
>>
>>
>>
>>
Milla is one of Bendis' original characters that I really enjoyed.
>>
>>
Nice
>>
>>
>>
>>
What is Bendis doing here? Also, as someone that has never read the Soule arc (I stopped at Waid) how is it?
>>
>>
>>
I really liked how they incorporated Melvin in the NEtflix series.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
If you guys were in charge of a Daredevil series, what kind of art would you favor?
>Gritty and dark - Maleev
>Colorful and clean lines - Samnee
>Shalvey and Bellaire?
>>
>>
>>
>>
Fucking hell. Just how strong is The Owl?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I like that MGH is a drug peddled in the MCU. In a world of superpowers, it would make sense that normal indivdiuals would want to try that.
>>
>>
>>
>>
How is Daredevil lifting that limo?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>I'm going to bite off his face!! I'm going to--
>We talked about this--
>But I can--
Loving this Owsley
>>
>>
>>
>>
Is anyone reading along?
>>
>>
Is it weird I would like to pair Jess and Matt? Screw Luke Cage.
>>
>>
>>
>>
Ohhhhhhh fuck
>>
God damn.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
How do you guys feel about the lowercase dialog even though this isn't an Ultimate comic?
>>
>>
>>
God, resizing some of these images is rough. I hope nothing is lost in the transfer
>>
>>
Anyone? Kindly requesting a bump!
>>
>>
>>
You going to post Miller or Waid?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94679102
Not sure yet. I know I'm going to post Daredevil End of Days when I finish #81. Afterwards I'm going to post Powers TPB. Nothing is set in stone afterward but I was probably going to post Ewing's Marvel epic.
>>
>>94678060
Bendis loves having people shitting on superheroes in everything that he writes. He seems to think they are very dumb, but has made a career out of writing them.

>>94678507
It's Inhuman Growth Hormone now because synergy
>>
>>
>>
>>94679271
>>94679271
>It's Inhuman Growth Hormone now because synergy
Uggggggggggggggggg

Also if you could bump the thread when it starts getting to page 9 it would be super appreciated. Still have 157 images to go
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Bendis definitely went out of his way to make Matt's life miserable. I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
>>
>>
I wish I had a consistent opinion on reusing panels. On the one hand, it's lazy, but the other, it presents a unique effect that could only be accomplished visually. Kinda torn.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>Pulled his head from his body?
Goddamn
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Oh fuck
>>
I had an older copy of these issues but they don't fully represent the texture of Maleev's work in this run. I'm glad to see newer scans take advantage of the art. Sometimes it can lead colors and the finer pencils to be smoothed over wheras these issues everything is on display. Both good and bad.
>>
>>
>>
>>
I would have preferred naaarrrgggh
>I hope I did that right.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I absolutely love this page.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94680117
Super appreciated!!!!

I'm now in kinda of a crappy mood because I never received my hardcover of All Star Superman Vol. 2 because the seller was a scamming twat. I had to pay waaaaay more than I wanted to for a new copy but I'll take what I can get. Super pissed
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Comics are flippin expensive. It's no wonder why people pirate them like no tomorrow. Or it may be that publishers make it fucking difficult to get collections of comics which means I have to get them via third party sites. I want to be able to go to Marvel Comics website and purchase what I want. I'm not a fan of digital copies from publishers (because they are never going to be as great as a cbr/cbz file).
>>
Does May's skin change as a result of his alternate personality? Fascinating
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94678060
>Soule
There's your answer. Kill it with fire, just like the writer himself.
>>
Stupid question, but what is the most amount of money you would spend on DC: The New Frontier Absolute Edition Hardcover?
>It's around 500 pages.
>>
>>
>>94679506
It's lazy and does nothing that couldn't be accomplished otherwise.
>>
>>
>>
>>
This Kingpin is a straight up monster.
>>
How's everyone enjoying the comic so far?
>>
>If I was Wonder Woman I'd never leave my room.
My man
>>
My friend just recommended me a bunch of comics and would like to know which ones are worth reading. I'd eventually get around to reading all of them (probably) but would appreciate recommendations to start with. Also if a book is garbage I'd like to know that as well..
>Tom Strong by Alan Moore
>Injection by Ellis
>Global Frequency by Ellis
>PLanetary by Ellis
>Hitman by Ennis
>East of West by Hickman
>Mr. Miracle by Kirby
>Zero by Ales Kot (I remember this being really pretentious).
>Hellbooy by Mignola (I've read bits and pieces but never all 12 volumes together).
>Doom Patrol by Morrison
>Incorruptible and Irredeemable by Waid
>>
>>
>>
Jesus? What exactly is her powerset?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94680628
That's not surprising given Bendis and his views on Wonder Woman (views that he left up on twitter for eight years and only deleted recently because the movie was successful)
>>
>>
>>94680814
>>Tom Strong by Alan Moore
>>Injection by Ellis
>>Global Frequency by Ellis
>>PLanetary by Ellis
>>Hitman by Ennis
All good shit.
>>East of West by Hickman
Not my cup of tea but you may enjoy it.
>>Mr. Miracle by Kirby
Must read, along with the rest of the Fourth World saga.
>>Zero by Ales Kot (I remember this being really pretentious).
I hate Kot, and this is a particularly egregious example of how annoying he can get.
>>Hellbooy by Mignola (I've read bits and pieces but never all 12 volumes together).
>>Doom Patrol by Morrison
Good fucking shit.
>>Incorruptible and Irredeemable by Waid
Never read 'em, but I've heard good things.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94680987
I'm stoked to know he recommened some solid titles. If you had to pick 3 to start with, which one's would you go for?
>>
>>
>>
>>94681069
Fourth World, Tom Strong and Hellboy desu
>>
>>94681109
Would you recommend all of Fourth World or would you say I just start with New Gods Vol. 1 & 2 and Mr. Miracle and then move on to other titles?
>>
>>
This guy has got some serious balls on him
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94681139
The Forever People, The New Gods, Mister Miracle, and a few issues of Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen are intended to be read concurrently with each other, then "The Hunger Dogs" later,

New Gods Vol 2 might be something entirely unrelated to Kirby's saga depending on the printing.
>>
>>
>>
LOL SHE CAME BACK!!!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94681220
Really, Bendis? Really? Really really? Fuck Bendis.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94681316
I got a good laugh.

Also I'm gong to propose this question again, what is the maximum amount of money you would spend on DC: The New Frontier Absolute edition by the now deceased Darwyn Cooke. The book clocks in at close to 500 pages. The say I see it,
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
This was a much nicer visit than expected
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94681410
Let's see here, it's ~$176 CAD on Canadian Amazon, so probably that.
>>
>>
>>
Things just got a little more interesting.
>>
>>
>>
>>94681629
That's quite a hefty penny, but then again it is a fantastic comic and part of Darwyn Cooke's legacy and because he did mostly indie stuff, I doubt a lot of /co/ would know who he was. His issues on Before Watchmen were some of the best in the collection and his Richard Stark series were good pulpy fun.
>>
>>
>>
This issue is Bendis on his absolute A-Game.
>>
>>
>>94681670
>tfw Bendis wasn't able to use Bullseye for so long thanks to a Kevin Smith mini that was never even finished in the first place
>>
>>
>>94681758
We had a ton of threads and storytimes when he passed, man. In fact, I distinctly remember how some of those storytimes urged people to both buy the original comic and donate to the Canadian Cancer Society.
>>
Oh no.....

>>94681838
I didn't know about that. Fucking bullshit. Kevin Smith should at least have scripts written it he's going to pair with an artists. I'm still waiting on The Widening Gyre Part 2 that we're never gonna get. I don't give a shit that he's helping Justice League reshoots. Finish your fucking work before jumping on to another project.
>>
>>94681869
That warms my heart. I know he was mainly known for his artistic merits but he had a good handle on classic DC that should have been capitalized more often. He wrote true characters, not caricatures of these heroes. IT was actually the DC movie Justice League: The New Frontier that got me into his work and I purchased the Blu Ray as fast as possible. He and Dwayne McDuffie are going to be sorely missed as they both brought heart to these heroes in ways other fail to. His Crisis on Two Earths was astounding and my favorite DC movie and Justice League: Doom was an interesting adaptation that didn't quite try to emulate Waid's story, but instead do his own thing. And honestly, I feel like Waid's story wouldn't as easily translate on screen.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Fucking hell, Matt. This is fucking brutal.
>>
>>94682065
My man
>>
>>
>>94682089
This.
>>
>>
>>
And thus we begin the final issue of the night, and also the major turning point for the series. No lie.
>>
>>
>>
Looks like Kingpin has been busy
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Jesus. Part of me wants to think this is just Bendis being edgy but the nonchalant manner in which Kingpin delivered that info is genuinely terrifying
>>
Front
>>
The look of pure fear
>>
>>
>>
>>
I'm really diggin the slimmer Kingpin design. He looks much faster and lethal and also more realistic than a fat blob going toe to toe against Daredevil. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy chunky Kingpin but I feel he was best served in Spider-Man Animated Series where his strength and bulk was strong enough to literally crush the life out of Spidey.
>>
>>
The artist changes over the next couple pages. What I want to know is why did Kingpin suddenly wearing a suit? The only explanation I can think of is that they're trying to emulate some of their greatest battles and in most of those occasions Kingpin was impeccably dressed
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
This page is one of the singular most epic pages I had ever read from Bendis. My jaw hit the floor when I got here. It was unlike anything I had seen before. I pray that we get something like this in Daredevil Season 3 but it seems like we're more likely to get an adaptation of Kevin Smith's first series
>>
And this is where I'm calling it for the night. I hope everyone enjoyed. Glad to see I didn't pass out this go around.

I hope you all sleep well tonight and Bullseye doesn't come get you in your sleep.
>>
>>94682527
Thank you very much anon
>>
>>94682513
>>94678285

What is it about daredevil that makes fat goons take this pose
>>
File: ultimate-avengers-omnibus.png (1MB, 900x1292px) Image search: [Google]
ultimate-avengers-omnibus.png
1MB, 900x1292px
>>94682555
You guys and gals make it all worth it. As long as at least one person stumbles upon this thread and finds something they like, I did my job. All it takes is storytime to encourage people to look into a work they enjoy and in some cases purchase a physical copy. I've been here for a while now and because of the fine people on /co/, I've purchased hundreds of dollars worth of comics because they are something I care about.

Eagerly awaiting Ultimate Comics: Avengers Omnibus because it was a spiritual successor to Millar's Ultimates, only with the insanity ratched up to the absolute maximum and story concepts that wouldn't have flown anywhere else. In fact, I think when I'm done with Bendis' Daredevil I'm going to storytime Millar's Ultimates and then go on to Powers and Ewing's tenure on Marvel. It is an absolutely wild ride that set the course for modern Avengers flicks. I'd still say that the MCU was we know wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Ultimates by Millar. At that time Avengers were being written by Busiek and while they weren't terrible, they weren't quite connecting with the general audience and then Ultimates changed all that. They stripped down years worth of history for these characters so they could forge their own identites and I feel it worked. Some choices were questionable but all in all it worked at gathering public interest back in Avengers comics when audience interest was waining.

I have no idea how Bendis' New Avengers was received by the public. I think /co/ is much more favorable to them now than when they released and I actually enjoy that. His Mighty Avengers series was atrociously mediocre but he picked up with Dark Avengers and bits and pieces from Avenger's Vol. 4
>>
>>94682527
Thanks for the storytime anon.
>>
>>94683682
No, thank you kind anon. You rock.
>>
>>94680844
Telepathy, Telekinesis, Pyrokinesis, heightened senses, possible healing factor, all dependent on multiple personalities.

Her visual appearance changes based on those personalities. She's a really powerful and unstable mutant.

If you really want some indepth analysis, you can check her page over at the Appendix to the Handbook of the Marvel Universe.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix5/typhoid_mary.htm
>>
>>94683478

Thank you very much anon. I've heard this is best Daredevil, and it will give me something to read in the post-Defenders blues phase.
>>
thanks OP
>>
Thank you.
Thread posts: 252
Thread images: 230

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.